PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jango Speck
04-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Burbank Target is down to the dreggs of Order 66 now. I wonder how often they'll restock. Clearly Obi Wan and Emperor Palps are the losers of the bunch.

Anyone know if GG Tusken Raider busts are supposed to hit this week?

BlueSnags
04-15-2008, 07:14 PM

Confirmed - they won't be out this week.

-Snags

Funny Money
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Chaddymac you have a PM

BlueSnags
04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Saw this on SWS - pretty cool if you like Star Wars posters:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1220234;category_id=336;pci d1=;pcid2=

-Snags

darkagent
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
just left Lake Target. Nothing left at the register endcap (GI Joe or Order66). However, in the toy aisle there were 11 Order66 packs. All of them were Tsui Choi. Kind of strange.:grin:

bikerscout
04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Burbank Target is down to the dreggs of Order 66 now. I wonder how often they'll restock. Clearly Obi Wan and Emperor Palps are the losers of the bunch.

that's really odd. I'd consider Emp/Vill pack to be one of the top 3 packs out of the six. Hmph.

BlueSnags
04-15-2008, 10:11 PM
The ones I've seen warming the shelves are Luminara/AT-RT Driver and Emperor/Vill. I'd like the Vill figure a whole lot better if I couldn't see his chin sticking out from under his helmet. I really hate the whole "Jango Head under Every Trooper" gimmick that Hasbro has going on right now.

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-15-2008, 11:41 PM
How different is Vill from Comm. Appo?

figrin bran
04-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Vill has a skirt and removable helmet.

stillakid
04-16-2008, 12:13 AM
TARGET on Sepulveda at Burbank Blvd....

Another :thumbsup: to Crunchy for the heads up on the Order 66. They restocked the endcaps near the registers so I got my number 3 of 6 this evening. Still lots of all of them still sitting there at closing time.

Over on the regular aisle, nothing has been stocked for quite a while by the looks of things.

toonimator
04-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Of course I forgot to check here yesterday afternoon...

...dregs still at Burbank today, with Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Sev on the shelf, 1 each, and nothing else but TF Deluxe on the bottom. But over in a couple carts by the trading cards, there was an open (but full) case of Joe vehicles and another Striker & Night Specter with messed-up boxes, AND an Emperor/Vill pack.

Picked up the Vill set and a Night Specter (tho it'll be a bit more expensive, I think I'd rather wait for the black HISS, and I was never a fan of the AWE Striker), and went ahead and put the rest of the stuff on the shelf. Except for his head & goofy helmet, Grand Slam's a great figure! Now if HTS (or Target) would get the Flash wave in... he'd make a great SW custom trooper base with some head swaps & some creative helmet work.

Hopefully Target'll put more Order 66 out in the AM in the next few days... gotta get me a couple Tsuis! :D

BlueSnags
04-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Force Unleashed wave is up on HTS.com

Just ordered some EvoTroopers, JumpTroopers, Shadow Guards, a Maris and a BD Vader.

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Force Unleashed wave is up on HTS.com

Just ordered some EvoTroopers, JumpTroopers, Shadow Guards, a Maris and a BD Vader.

-Snags

Ditto! Don't forget the "getout20" promo code for 20% off.

Commtech
04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
More?!! Man, you guys are insatiable! :D

BlueSnags
04-16-2008, 01:38 PM
This year's FU Troopers are like last year's McQuarrie Troopers - I can't stop buying them! Help.:cry:

-Snags

MicroJow
04-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the 411! I ordered another Jumper & EVO - but I gotta stop at five of each Trooper, no matter HOW nice they look!

By the way - if anyone wants 'em, I have a loose Choi, Obi and Emperor from the Order 66 packs. Make me an offer!

- Joe

Maradona
04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
HTS limits are a double edged sword. They keep the scalpers at bay, but make troop building a bit of a hassle. Thanks for the tip.

Jango Speck
04-16-2008, 06:15 PM
HTS limits are a double edged sword. They keep the scalpers at bay, but make troop building a bit of a hassle. Thanks for the tip.

Not really. If you place multiple orders with any of the discounts, the price with shipping comes out to retail or less. The only hassle is if you are trying to get MOMC from HTS- which is always a crapshoot.

BlueSnags
04-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Evo Trooper is now out of stock, with only 10 Jump Troopers left.

HTS sold 350+ of each in less than 6 hours. Still quite a bit of demand for figures that have been available at retail for months (with poor distribution, though).

-Snags

Maradona
04-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Not really. If you place multiple orders with any of the discounts, the price with shipping comes out to retail or less. The only hassle is if you are trying to get MOMC from HTS- which is always a crapshoot.

I've done multiple orders from HTS back to back before with mixed results. On two separate occasions, they have cancelled my orders. When I've contacted them, their excuse has always been that they were trying to prevent resellers from beating their system. I have "gotten away" with it in the past. In December, I picked up 12 McSnowtroopers with multiple orders. I would just prefer more consistency.

On that note, last week I received a order from HTS and instead of an Evolutions set, they sent me a Skorponok Transformer. This must have been the 5th or 6th time they've messed up an order. They are very kind in correcting it an they always have let me keep what they mispacked, so this is far from a complaint.

darkagent
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
As of 6pm, Glendale Target had all the Order 66 sets.

Duarte WM has the new movie Indiana Jones Lego sets.

figrin bran
04-16-2008, 10:23 PM
I love how HTS put up the TFU troopers, which were the only figures I haven't been able to find from that wave, right after I had to leave for work. I had a feeling that they would show up too.

figrin bran
04-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Heads up!

Evo and Jump Troopers available on HTS but you had better act quickly!

I just got them myself. I've noticed that often times when I miss out on HTS restocks during the morning/afternoon, they often restock the hot figures of that day at nighttime.

Jango Speck
04-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Aw heck, I couldn't help myself. I just ordered another set of FU clones and Shadow Guard.

orionlukteel
04-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Heads up!

Evo and Jump Troopers available on HTS but you had better act quickly!

I just got them myself. I've noticed that often times when I miss out on HTS restocks during the morning/afternoon, they often restock the hot figures of that day at nighttime.

Just a follow-up- the entire TFU wave was up on HTS before noon today, and they were still up when I checked 2 minutes ago. Damaged Vader is on the first page (with 27 on a page), the rest seem to be lumped on the third page
except Rahm Kota, who shows up on the fourth page. Interesting to note that McSolo (with coin) is still available.

Happy Hunting!

Commtech
04-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Aw heck, I couldn't help myself. I just ordered another set of FU clones and Shadow Guard.

yeah, you and Snags need professional help. :D

figrin bran
04-17-2008, 01:43 AM
yeah, you and Snags need professional help. :D

Well, it's not as if this wave is readily available at retail. Heck, I'm tempted to get more of the troopers even though I'm not army building them. Kashyyyk troopers are a different story and thanks to the order I placed tonight, I'll have the 10 that I've been aiming for.

Jango Speck
04-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Kashyyyk troopers are a different story and thanks to the order I placed tonight, I'll have the 10 that I've been aiming for.

I wish I had know you needed K-Troops, I must have passed up dozens of those suckers in February/March. They've been on HTS for a while now.

Since TFU is the last TAC wave, I'm wondering if they won't ship as many to retail stores- which is why I'm buying them up online while they last- and for less than retail price!

Commtech
04-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Since TFU is the last TAC wave, I'm wondering if they won't ship as many to retail stores- which is why I'm buying them up online while they last- and for less than retail price!

That makes sense. But you guys still need to attend some SWholics group sessions.

Let me know when you are going so I can tag along.lol

figrin bran
04-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I wish I had know you needed K-Troops, I must have passed up dozens of those suckers in February/March. They've been on HTS for a while now.

TRU is already Saga Legends central and I have a strange feeling that Target might follow down that path as well.

I thought the KotCS Indy Lego sets would be held back until 5/1 like the Hasbro figures but I guess not. I still can't believe that since selling out of them in Jan., the Glendale Lego store has not restocked on Indy lego sets while Target and TRU and WM have them in abundance.

Maradona
04-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Marvel Legends Hydra with open mouth is available on HTS. It may have been up for awhile, but I just peaked over in that section to try to get over $50 for the discount and saw it.

Frank Footer
04-17-2008, 11:54 AM
As of 6pm, Glendale Target had all the Order 66 sets.

This is still true as of 8AM today; check by the 2nd floor registers -- I stashed the lone Tsui Choi, and a Master Sev as well. PM for the 411.

Otherwise, they had a whole pile of new SL. I picked up the lone Zev Senesca -- I know, I know, he'll be a pegwarmer soon enough, but he's one of the few new OT characters to show up the first half of this year (I mostly collect OT).

Lots of other Target exclusives -- Galactic Heroes (Endor & Mustaffar), GI Joe & Transformers (stocked with Order 66). Not much in the way of Iron Man.

Frank out.

Jango Speck
04-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey Frank,

Did you stash any of the new SL figures?

CrunchyNug
04-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Found a few Fan's Choice SL this morning at Target. I picked up the Shadow Stormie. I grabbed another pair of Cobra H.I.S.S tanks also...couldn't resist. There was a case of JLU 3-packs too...Mr. Miracle, Ultra Humanite, & Parasite/Stargirl etc.

Frank Footer
04-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey Frank,

Did you stash any of the new SL figures?

Dang -

Nope, sorry. :cry: I have mostly seen people speaking disparagingly about SL here, so I didn't bother. If it helps, they didn't have any of the good troopers -- just Boba Fett, Vader, Maul, Biker Scout, Yoda, R2. Lemme know what you're looking for, and I'll keep my eyes open. :yes:

MicroJow
04-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Hey, if anyone spots the new Indiana Jones Lego sets around Porter Ranch, Panorama City, or Stevensons Ranch, please post the news here? I've been hitting up Panorama City every other day and coming up with squat. Thanks!

- J

Cataclizm1
04-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Anyone seeing DC Universe wave 2 lately? All the stores here keep stocking wave 1. I need a freakin Aquaman (regular version).

Jango Speck
04-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Dang -

Nope, sorry. :cry: I have mostly seen people speaking disparagingly about SL here, so I didn't bother. If it helps, they didn't have any of the good troopers -- just Boba Fett, Vader, Maul, Biker Scout, Yoda, R2. Lemme know what you're looking for, and I'll keep my eyes open. :yes:

You mentioned: "Otherwise, they had a whole pile of new SL. I picked up the lone Zev Senesca". When you said "a whole pile of new SL", I thought you meant the wave with Zev and the exclusive clones- which has not hit Burbank yet. Fett, Vader, Biker etc. are old news and have been around for months.

MicroJow
04-17-2008, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=Jango Speck;614527] I thought you meant the wave with Zev and the exclusive clones- which has not hit Burbank yet. [QUOTE]

They should be hitting any day now. They hit the Western Valley Targets earlier this week.

- J

figrin bran
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Anyone seeing DC Universe wave 2 lately? All the stores here keep stocking wave 1. I need a freakin Aquaman (regular version).

I've not seen any DCUC wave 2 yet and I've been looking for an Aquaman as well.

As far as the newest wave of Saga Legends is concerned, I could use some Commander Neyos and a Shadow Stormie. "disparaging talk" about SL??? But I've bought 12 of those SA 501st! :p

Frank Footer
04-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I"disparaging talk" about SL??? But I've bought 12 of those SA 501st! :p

My bad on this. :cry:

Some of the old SL figs had Rex stickers, so I assumed it was SL Wave 6 (going off EE's site). Next time I'll report in when the good stuff shows up --

figrin bran
04-17-2008, 10:35 PM
No worries, Frank.

Actually, you probably saved us money as "Deadwood" Target has higher prices for Saga Legends. Upwards of $7 if memory serves me correctly. I found some 501st there recently and was going to purchase until I realized how much they were. Oddly enough, their TAC figs are still 6.64.

Maradona
04-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Finally found an AT AP at Glendale Target. I hadn't been there for some time and was rewarded for the trip. They had several Order 66, minus Tsui Choi. No GI JOE exclusives.

Los Feliz TRU seems to change appearances daily. The place is a mess and had nothing worth going in for.

K M Toydarian
04-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Made a last minute run at 9:45 to Sherman Oaks Target. On the second floor, at the registers there was a full order66 display, along with the tubed Transformers. 2 shelves of order66, including Tsu Choi.
I stashed 2 Chois, and there were still some in the display.
PM for stash location, but in theory there should be a few still on the endcap in the morning.

wampaslayr
04-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Hey, if anyone spots the new Indiana Jones Lego sets around Porter Ranch, Panorama City, or Stevensons Ranch, please post the news here? I've been hitting up Panorama City every other day and coming up with squat. Thanks!

- J

Hey Microjow, I was just at the Stevenson Ranch Wal Mart and there is a whole Indy Lego display in the center aisle of the toy section and they were stocking all sets. Good luck!

Jango Speck
04-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I stashed two Order 66 Tsu Choi's at Burbank Target this morning. PM for the 411.

MicroJow
04-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Wampa! But guess what's ringing up as "RESTRICTED - DO NOT SELL" at the registers? Methinks LucasFilm doesn't want these released until May 1st, like the rest of the new Indy toys.

I got what I went for, tho. I wanted three of the Jungle Duel sets (needed the tents for a custom and the heads / hairpieces for another.) So when they rang up as restricted, I went back and grabbed an old Motorcycle Chase set - same price, so I rang it up three times at self-checkout, bagged the three Jungle Duels, and left the Motorcycle Chase on the checkout counter. I know it's not like I stole anything, but I felt so damn guilty for doing it!

- J

Tycho
04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
You screwed with their computer inventory.

First, you might have indicated that the store had more motorcycle chase sets than it actually did?

Then a hard-inventory count will reveal 3 extra cycle sets.

Meanwhile, it will still report 3 new Indy sets as having been stolen, but you'll just hold a receipt saying you paid for "something." (3 motorcycle sets)

If the store's computer thinks 3 motorcycle sets sold, it might even order more motorcycle sets, stalling how much Indy becomes available.

In the end both honesty should be the best policy, and the stores shouldn't let careless employees be unsupervised so they make such mistakes.

MicroJow
04-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Great. Now I feel all guilty again.

- J

bikerscout
04-18-2008, 05:24 PM
all the poor kids missing their lego sets. :cry:

MicroJow
04-18-2008, 05:36 PM
all the poor kids missing their lego sets. :cry:

OK, let's not go blowing things out of proportion here ;)

I shouldn't have done it and now that we know what it can do, let's not anyone else go following my hideous example, right?

In Star Wars news, I found a case of Saga Legends 5 at the Sepulveda Target this afternoon - and according to the employee who helped me, there are at least 2 more cases in the back. The pegs are more than half empty so you could probably persuade someone to bring out a case!

Also, a fellow collector told me that the Emperor Order 66 set has a variant - the clone supposedly comes in red instead of blue. Is this confirmed, or did he fall victim to someone switching out figures?

- J

BlueSnags
04-18-2008, 07:38 PM
I just hope Walmart can recover from this. I hope they don't go out of business due to MicroJow's chicanery.

-Snags

Maradona
04-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Alhambra Target had all the Order 66 sets and Transformers sets in abundance in the toy section. No sign of the GI Joe exclusives, sadly.

EDIT: OOPS! Alhambra TRU had nothing...

bikerscout
04-18-2008, 08:46 PM
...tru??.........

Mvader91
04-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Uhhhh?????What tha hale?

Turbowars
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Alhambra TRU had all the Order 66 sets and Transformers sets in abundance in the toy section. No sign of the GI Joe exclusives, sadly.Speck or Crunchy must had returned the extra cases they bought from Target to TRU. I'm sure Dazed and Confused :cross-eye had no problem listing them on e-bay. :thumbsup:

bikerscout
04-18-2008, 09:42 PM
funny theory, but i think maradona had a typo :yes:

figrin bran
04-18-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't mean to rub more salt into things, MicroJow but why not just wait until Target gets the new Indy Lego sets in? That way you can use the $5 coupons and end up saving more than by getting them at WM.

Maradona
04-18-2008, 11:23 PM
funny theory, but i think maradona had a typo :yes:

The irony of it is that I'm an English teacher:razz:

Turbowars
04-18-2008, 11:29 PM
The irony of it is that I'm an English teacher:razz:
No wonder I don't think of you as a human. :whip::D

darkagent
04-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Well, looks like all my post this week has helped someone out there. Went back to Lake Target and all 11 Tsui Choi Order 66 tubes were gone. :bandit:

Bad news for any of you Marvel Legends fans (if any are still left). News from NYCC is that the next waves are a Walmart and a Target exclusive.

Jango Speck
04-19-2008, 01:30 AM
My first two TFU HTS.com orders just shipped !

I just realized that my GG PGM account doesn't expire until September, plenty of time to see how their new strategy pans out.

Jango Speck
04-19-2008, 01:50 AM
I stashed two Order 66 Tsu Choi's at Burbank Target this morning. PM for the 411.

Bump! No takers?

figrin bran
04-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Like Speck, I just got shipping notices on the TFU figures that I ordered from HTS a few days ago.

Maradona
04-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Bad news for any of you Marvel Legends fans (if any are still left). News from NYCC is that the next waves are a Walmart and a Target exclusive.

I saw the pics and while they are not up Toybiz standards, there does seem to be a bit of an improvement, however slight it may be. I never found any of the Walmart exclusive wave last time and will expect the same this time.

I'm still hoping NYCC will show the new Justice League figures this weekend.

Turbowars
04-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Did a big valley Target run today. Canoga park was a total bust. There's 2 old men that must go there all the time. One was talking up a storm about Speed racer and hot wheels. The doors open and I had SW to myself, but nothing.

Found a EVO trooper at the Westhills Target, the place was a mess, saw the same old guys.

Woodland hills Target was a bust for me, but got some 66's for Pegger.

Sepulveda Target was a bust for me, just some gree's and stuff, tons of 66's though.

West hills WM sucked as well, but that's nothing new.

Total waste of time.

stillakid
04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Total waste of time.

And $3.80 a gallon. :(

Cataclizm1
04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: Had some FU wave on the pegs today. Also had a couple of the Crimson Empire comic packs. With Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos. I picked up one and stashed another. PM for details.

EDIT STASH CLAIMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stillakid
04-19-2008, 01:29 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: Had some FU wave on the pegs today. Also had a couple of the Crimson Empire comic packs. With Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos. I picked up one and stashed another. PM for details.

As some of you know, I HATE that everyone uses shorthand when referring to waves and new lines of the toys.

In the case above, the poster took the time to type out "Crimson Empire" but chose "FU" for the previous. So does FU mean "F**ked Up" or something else?

How difficult is it to use the full spelling so us old fogies don't have to search threads to figure out what the heck all these abbreviations mean?

I just want to know what's hanging on pegs without having to do a ten minute search through the internet trying to decipher the post. :)

toonimator
04-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Force Unleashed, of course. The only 'new' basics we'll have for the next couple months, pretty much.

I'll jump at those Burbank Tsui Chois if they're still around! haven't been to the store the past few days.

Cataclizm1
04-19-2008, 01:43 PM
As some of you know, I HATE that everyone uses shorthand when referring to waves and new lines of the toys.

In the case above, the poster took the time to type out "Crimson Empire" but chose "FU" for the previous. So does FU mean "F**ked Up" or something else?

How difficult is it to use the full spelling so us old fogies don't have to search threads to figure out what the heck all these abbreviations mean?

I just want to know what's hanging on pegs without having to do a ten minute search through the internet trying to decipher the post. :)
I thought every SW geek and his mother in here knew that FU meant Force Unleashed. FU has been the big thing all year hasn't it?

EDIT: CRIMSON EMPIRE STASH CLAIMED.

Jango Speck
04-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Shorthand isn't going away- it's much more convenient. That said, if you read the forums, you should be able to figure out what the abbreviations mean. If not, go to the regular Hasbro TAC threads and it will become very clear.

My third and final HTS.com order just shipped- plenty of FU clones coming my way next week!

EDIT: Not that anyone cares, but Burbank KB relocated boys toys to the far right aisle where the girls toys used to be. They have the FU wave, but all the clones are downstairs at Chubby13's shop. He's having a sale, so you might be able to get them for just $15.00 each.

BlueSnags
04-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I predict both Burbank KB and Chubby13 will out of business soon. :laugh:

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I predict both Burbank KB and Chubby13 will out of business soon. :laugh:

-Snags

The weird thing is that KB looked vacant all last year, and now suddenly they are all full again, but with massive sale signs everywhere. JUST DIE ALREADY! I can't stand that they put the "Cars" cars behind the register, so you can't really figure out what they have. The SW stuff is a joke, and I'm so G-damn sick of all the wrestling crap that the toy stores are carrying.

OK, rant over. I'm all caught up until the final Saga Legends start showing up or online. I wonder when HTS will have them?

Commtech
04-19-2008, 05:12 PM

:)

Old Fogies? I thought you were "stillakid".:D

figrin bran
04-19-2008, 05:57 PM

We'll stop abbreviating the day that you stop with your periodic snarky replies :p

El Puerco and some other character that I'll call Blue Man (the only characteristic that really stood out about him was that he was wearing a blue dress shirt) were at La Brea Target this morning. SW wise, there were only The Force Unleashed remnants and unfortunately, Blue Man beat me to a flesh colored Maris variant.

Los Feliz TRU wasn't the waste of time that many of you are making it out to be as I found "Cars" Tow Cap and Gasparin there. Speck, I'm not sure if you're interested in the Disney Store "Cars" line but for their large $12.50 line, they now have Sarge, Wingo, Red, Chick Hicks. They also have a new line of diecast cars that are slightly larger than Mattel's.

Jango Speck
04-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Speck, I'm not sure if you're interested in the Disney Store "Cars" line but for their large $12.50 line, they now have Sarge, Wingo, Red, Chick Hicks. They also have a new line of diecast cars that are slightly larger than Mattel's.

The only large Car I have is Filmore- not interested in any others.

stillakid
04-19-2008, 08:06 PM
We'll stop abbreviating the day that you stop with your periodic snarky replies :p

Well, then FU it is. ;)

figrin bran
04-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I forgot to mention that I stashed a Zev at Los Feliz TRU. PM me if you want it. I have a feeling that wave of SL might've been there earlier in the morning.

bikerscout
04-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I was tempted to go out and look for some General Kota and troopers, but after reading TW post - makes me not want to do anything. Hmmm.....stay inside and be disappointed or go out on a run and be disappointed.....hmm

darkagent
04-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I forgot to mention that I stashed a Zev at Los Feliz TRU. PM me if you want it. I have a feeling that wave of SL might've been there earlier in the morning.

Nope, Zev was the only one there at opening.

figrin bran
04-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I was tempted to go out and look for some General Kota and troopers, but after reading TW post - makes me not want to do anything. Hmmm.....stay inside and be disappointed or go out on a run and be disappointed.....hmm

How do you expect to be like BlueSnags with that sort of attitude? :p
Rahm Kota isn't that hard to find...I saw 2-3 of them today - at Deadwood Target even.

bikerscout
04-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Nope, Zev was the only one there at opening.

^i detect some pluckage. (by tru employees)

FB: i know, i know, maybe i need a pep talk from the master Bluesnags

Commtech
04-20-2008, 01:24 AM

Well, you would need to have the right midichlorian count.

Tycho
04-20-2008, 06:54 AM
There's a flesh-colored Mariss variant?

Hmmm. I may want to find her. I'm not into TFU that I know of (yet - if ever) but she's a natural to add to the population in Club Outlander.

Rham Kota? Uses:

Outland Frieghter Anakin travels on (AOTC)
Coruscant streets outside Club Outlander where Zam's chased (AOTC)
Mos Espa (TPM)

maybe I'd put another figure of him in the podrace audience, but I like to use aliens.

To have my populations somewhat different, I don't add new figures to OT scenes unless they're totally "fit" for that. The McQuarrie Starkiller and Han Solo (which looks too much like Ewan's Obi-Wan) fit in Cloud City without a second glance. Plus I wouldn't want to use that McQuarrie Solo figure in a PT scene as he'd be too easily mistaken for young Obi-Wan, IMO.

BlueSnags
04-20-2008, 05:28 PM
^i detect some pluckage. (by tru employees)

Bikerscout - patience, my padawan. I have faith in you and your abilities. Keep fighting the good fight.

-Snags

PS. Anger, fear, aggression! The dark side of collecting are they. Down the scalper path they will lead. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Chubby13 and his dark apprentice, Forrest Gump.

Jango Speck
04-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Anyone want an Anakin Clone Wars Maquette?

$70 will cover my original cost. It's been opened, but in a sun/smoke/pet free environment. #1831

bikerscout
04-21-2008, 08:04 AM
snags - Lol! - Forrest Gump

CT - never had a midichlorian count taken, does this mean scalpers who get everything first have a high count??? :shocked:

Commtech
04-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Sith have it, don't they?

Now, I think we are giving Chubby13 too much credit. I always thought of him more of a Watto than a Sith Lord.

Jango Speck
04-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Burbank Target is looking mighty pathetic in terms of figures. Most pegs are empty, and you could fit all of the remaining figs on two pegs.

What are they waiting for?

StarWarsMom
04-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I visited Power Anime at the Westside Pavillion yesterday and they had a bunch of Jump, Evo and Kashyyk (sp?) troopers. They also had one each of Juno and Marris figures. They charge $10.50 for their single figure packs but they do tend to get newer figures in before they show up at TRU or Target if you are anxious to get your hands on new figures and don't mind paying a slightly higher price for them.

Jango Speck
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I visited Power Anime at the Westside Pavillion yesterday and they had a bunch of Jump, Evo and Kashyyk (sp?) troopers. They also had one each of Juno and Marris figures. They charge $10.50 for their single figure packs but they do tend to get newer figures in before they show up at TRU or Target if you are anxious to get your hands on new figures and don't mind paying a slightly higher price for them.

Thanks to HTS.com and their discounts, I have yet another reason to NOT use ebay or scalper shops to get my figures. At least Power Anime is cheaper than Chubby13.

BlueSnags
04-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks to HTS.com and their discounts, I have yet another reason to NOT use ebay or scalper shops to get my figures. At least Power Anime is cheaper than Chubby13.

What about Blast From The A$s. They have some 1997 POTF2 figures for sale for only $25 each.

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Two of my three HTS.com orders just arrived. Excellent packaging by the way.

Also received my Acme Indiana Jones propaganda poster. Off to the frame shop I go...

Cataclizm1
04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU had a Neyo figure this morning. I gave it to another collector since I already have the walmart BP. No other cool figs were present.

MicroJow
04-21-2008, 04:55 PM
why not just wait until Target gets the new Indy Lego sets in? That way you can use the $5 coupons and end up saving more than by getting them at WM.

Let's put it this way: if you walked into a Walmart today and found the Clone Wars animated figures on the pegs, would you leave them there and wait until they showed up at Target, or buy them ASAP? We all have things we go bonkers over and for me, it's new Lego :love:

- J

toonimator
04-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Burbank Target is looking mighty pathetic in terms of figures. Most pegs are empty, and you could fit all of the remaining figs on two pegs.

What are they waiting for?
Good question. I went by Sunday afternoon and picked up one of those Tsui Chois you stashed--thanks! The one in the game aisle was long gone. The action figure aisle looked like a bomb went off in it, but most of the store looked like that too I guess... a marked contrast to the way the store looks at 8am. Except for the empty action figure pegs, of course (Hasbro's, mostly... Joe, Marvel Legends--NEVER saw the FF wave there--and SW; TF's full of older stuff, otherwise only Spidey gets restocked much).

figrin bran
04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Let's put it this way: if you walked into a Walmart today and found the Clone Wars animated figures on the pegs, would you leave them there and wait until they showed up at Target, or buy them ASAP? We all have things we go bonkers over and for me, it's new Lego :love:

- J

Well, if they scanned in the system, I'd definitely buy the CW figs at WM. However, since I'll be army building the clones, I'd still wait for Target anyhow so I can use the $5 off coupon. :p

Now if they didn't scan in the system but were on the pegs, I would just wait. That actually happened to me with the Indy figs last Saturday.

K M Toydarian
04-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Around 5pm today, NOHO Target had their endcap at the register set up with order 66, all 6 present. Also TF tubes and the GI Joe vehicles, all 3. Must have been fairly new, but it seems these are in full force everywhere now, and the initial collector buzz has worn off.
The clone wars packs are a good lead in for kids and parents to the new clone wars stuff though.

Commtech
04-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Around 5pm today, NOHO Target had their endcap at the register set up with order 66, all 6 present. Also TF tubes and the GI Joe vehicles, all 3. Must have been fairly new, but it seems these are in full force everywhere now, and the initial collector buzz has worn off.
The clone wars packs are a good lead in for kids and parents to the new clone wars stuff though.

Thanks for the lead. I went and got the Joe vehicles.

K M Toydarian
04-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the lead. I went and got the Joe vehicles.
I am glad it helped. The display seemed pretty new, as it looked well stocked on organized. The Joe shelf held 3 vehicles across and had 1 of each showing, very deliberate looking.
It's ashame we don't see nice stocked shelves with everything we want over in the action figure aisle.

bikerscout
04-22-2008, 01:41 AM
saw the Joe exclusive vehicles at a Target tonite. (Not NOHO). PM for details. Let's keep the scalpers' mitts off these.

Jango Speck
04-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Burbank Target had a Holiday Special Fett today, but not much else. It's sad really. I stopped by LosFeliz TRU and it's starting to look a little better-although you now have to walk a serpentine pattern around the new entrance counters to get to toys. They had something I hadn't seen before, a "Cars" movie moments 2-pack with regular Luigi and Piston Cup Cheerleader Luigi- reminded me of those POTJ flashback figures.

stillakid
04-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Target on Sepulveda at Burbank has an almost full endcap of Order 66. The pegs were also full, but only of the classics or whatever they're calling the repacks.

They also had a bunch a ships...one of the Starfighters (blue I think), Grievous's hotrod, and an AT-RT (I brought one of those home with me).

Cataclizm1
04-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Have they announced any SW exclusives for SDCC besides the Gree Mighty Muggs?

figrin bran
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Have they announced any SW exclusives for SDCC besides the Gree Mighty Muggs?

Yes, there's a Vader kneeling before a Holo Emperor that will be available there.

My HTS order with TFU troopers and K Troopers arrived today! Hurray! I'm done with TAC. I kind of like the TFU troopers, however, so now I'm rethinking my "not going to army build them" stance on them.

Cataclizm1
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Yes, there's a Vader kneeling before a Holo Emperor that will be available there.

Are there any pics?

CrunchyNug
04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Check it out here. No word on packaging yet.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/holo-emperor.jpg

P.S. Got the Crimson Empire Comic Pack today. BIG thanks.

Commtech
04-23-2008, 12:48 AM
So... today I got a Neyo from a friend and was very decided to open it. Once I got home, I saw that the card and bubble were in great condition and couldn't bring myself to tearing it open. Lots of conflicts in my head about it: I was asking myself "should I wait till I find one with the card in bad shape worth opening or should I just open this perfect carded one and enjoy it RIGHT NOW?" I started thinking of all this CARPE DIEM crap, but I still couldn't open the stupid toy. :cross-eye

Arrrrrrghh, sometimes this hobby kills me!!:cry::mad::ninja::D

stillakid
04-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Yes, there's a Vader kneeling before a Holo Emperor.

Kneeling, eh? :lipsrsealed:

K M Toydarian
04-23-2008, 02:19 AM

more kneel-able, I guess.:pleased: Same old same old with Vader, but could be packaged cool. I hope the base lights up, and the emperor isn't just an enlarged figure sculpt, but a new, detailed sculpt.

stillakid
04-23-2008, 03:00 AM
more kneel-able, I guess.:pleased: Same old same old with Vader, but could be packaged cool. I hope the base lights up, and the emperor isn't just an enlarged figure sculpt, but a new, detailed sculpt.

Enlarged AND detailed, eh? :lipsrsealed:

bikerscout
04-23-2008, 05:53 AM
just because Vader isn't kneeling in the picture doesn't mean he does not obey his master.

CT- if you have a loose Neyo from the Treachery on Saleucami BP, then you can leave your SL carded. maybe you don't.

Commtech
04-23-2008, 11:23 AM
CT- if you have a loose Neyo from the Treachery on Saleucami BP, then you can leave your SL carded. maybe you don't.

The legs are different. The treachery one has open legs so he can fit well on the bike and he looks stupid standing up.

After 2 weeks of not attending, Burbank Target sucked *** today as usual.

figrin bran
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Yes, just like we do before your unparalleled acerbic wit :p lol

Frank Footer
04-23-2008, 11:50 AM
This morning, Deadwood Target had 2 Tri-Droids and 1 Juno Eclipse, and a whole lotta bare pegs. They restocked their exclusives endcap, and there's tons of Order 66 (all 6), plus TF and Joe vehicles.

BlueSnags
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
My 2 SWS.com Shadow Trooper 2-packs showed up today. Pretty cool sets.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
No new SW today but..........................................

Target Redondo Beach galleria had Premium Optimus prime and Megatron.. I got a Megatron, looks way better than the 1st one.

Hot Topic in the same mall has the AWESOME NECA TMNT figures based on the 1st comic books.

darkagent
04-23-2008, 05:44 PM
No new SW today but..........................................

Target Redondo Beach galleria had Premium Optimus prime and Megatron.. I got a Megatron, looks way better than the 1st one.

Hot Topic in the same mall has the AWESOME NECA TMNT figures based on the 1st comic books.

Yeah, I've seen these too at Hot Topic and Suncoast. I was thinking about getting a set. But at a whopping $15-16 per figure, no thanks.

Jango Speck
04-23-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm loving these guys. I grabbed one of those car display cases at TRU for $5.99 and it works great! Think I'll do the same for the McFigures.

Kidhuman
04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Very nice Jango. I like that set up.

Commtech
04-23-2008, 07:58 PM
It does look good!:thumbsup:

figrin bran
04-24-2008, 01:09 AM
TFU Troopers are up on HTS again!!!! Use HBRFF20 for 20% off plus free shipping!

Maradona
04-24-2008, 02:15 AM
TFU Troopers are up on HTS again!!!! Use HBRFF20 for 20% off plus free shipping!

Thanks for the heads up and the code. I used it to pick up the Indiana Jones figures I had talked myself out of buying with old sprcat8 code.

Mvader91
04-24-2008, 02:20 AM
I gotta tell ya it is pretty lame with the one per figure B.S.. It is hasblo. Just produce more figs. So much for army building.

bikerscout
04-24-2008, 02:52 AM
i like HTS's figure limit - it's not fair when you're trying to get 1 figure and you can't b/c all the scalpers and armybuilders get greedy and get 20+ figures. I was able to get one of my first K-troops this way- it'd be a shame to my name if i couldn't get one of those - and I've gotten McQs that were formerly super difficult to get when the limit was put in too. First come first serve, my %^# -what are you going to do with 20 McQ Han Solos??

Jango Speck
04-24-2008, 03:20 AM
I gotta tell ya it is pretty lame with the one per figure B.S.. It is hasblo. Just produce more figs. So much for army building.

There's nothing stopping you from placing multiple orders, and with the free shipping code, you have no one to blame but yourself. I got all of the FU figures x3 last week when they first appeared at HTS.com.

The one fig per order limit is great, if you remember last year, figures disappeared in minutes when there was no limit. We begged Hasbro to fix this and they did. More people can get what they want now- and that's a good thing.

Cataclizm1
04-24-2008, 05:15 PM
This is for my homies Figrin and Commtech looking for DC Universe wave 2. All in stock here and on sale:

http://www.impulsecreations.net/catalog/advanced_search_result.php/cid/3457/keywords/dc%20universe%20wave%202

Commtech
04-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

StarWarsMom
04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Made a toy run down Hawthorne Blvd today. TRU near the Del Amo mall had TFU and some 2008 figures on the pegs. This is the first time I've seen the newer figures at any of the TRU's in my area.

Cataclizm1
04-24-2008, 08:12 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU has had them the past few weeks Mom. If you're still missing any I can stash next time.

Mvader91
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
I guess i need help, the fact is, every time I try mulitple orders I have exceeded the limit. Don't punish me because I would like to have four each troopers.

Mvader91
04-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh, and p.s. I do agree with you that ordering 20 of one figure is ridiculous. Can they just go to two at least?

bikerscout
04-24-2008, 08:51 PM
finally, someone agrees. 2 of the same fig -tops.

cataclizm's responding 'Mom' was funny

StarWarsMom
04-24-2008, 09:08 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU has had them the past few weeks Mom. If you're still missing any I can stash next time.

Thanks for the offer to stash. I've picked up all the TFU and current wave of 2008 figures that I want. Now I'm on the hunt for the new wave of Legends figures. If you see any and are willing to stash, PM me with the details. Thankies. :)

Maradona
04-24-2008, 09:34 PM
I have an extra Superman Red if anyone needs one.

figrin bran
04-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Stashed at La Brea Target - 1 x Shadow Guard, 1 x Evo Trooper, 1 x Jump Trooper

Stashed at Glendale "Deadwood" Target - JLU Mr. Miracle 3 pack, DCUC Wave 2 Firestorm and Black Manta

PM me if you want any of these

The aforementioned La Brea Target put out around 4 cases of TFU this morning as well as a restock of Order 66. Like Speck and Snags, I couldn't resist the troopers so I got some for myself.

I also got an Indy figure from Disneyland yesterday. They were plentiful even during the evening so it looks like the window of opportunity for the scalpers has come and gone.

Jango Speck
04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I also got an Indy figure from Disneyland yesterday. They were plentiful even during the evening so it looks like the window of opportunity for the scalpers has come and gone.

Thank the maker!

Burbank Target was loaded with Order 66 today- I guess we've all had our fill.

bikerscout
04-25-2008, 09:10 PM
did a burbank run b/c i had my eye exam at the costco.

Here's the stock report for burbank target: SW - sucked
G.I. Joe - sucked
TF - sucked
Ironman - sucked
So you guessed it, that target sucked!!

TRU - some wave 7.5 smatterings and SL, nothing great

Stopped in burbank mall b/c I couldn't resist Dairy Queen (there's only like 5 in all of LA!) so I went to KB.
KB - remnants of wave 1, a few saga 2packs just like walmart's when they clearanced, 9.99 each. The best one was R2 and Utapau clone. They also had '07 VTAC for $7.98 each. Mainly Bossk & Leia, but there was an IG-88.
I also decided to check out everyone's favorite - chubby13 store. He was fully stocked on wave 1, 2 and order 66. Although at crappy prices, I was in there about 8 min. -he didn't say a word, didn't really look at me when i came in either. Anyway, had japanese MP SS and premium leaderclass Megatron. Pretty cool. Oh ya, i was talking to one of the clerks in KB and he said chubby gets most of his stuff at F&S, not KB, nor someone relaying from kb really. Found that interesting, from what i've read in this thread.

k-mart - why not? i decided. They had a Mk 1 Ironman first off. SW - leftovers of wave 1, a wave 8 Jango w/stand and a few SA 501sts.

I don't collect HW or Speedracer, but I was wondering why the Racer Xs w/jack stands are so htf?? A store is lucky if they have 1 on the pegs. They have a lot of the scissor version, but no regular Racer X. LF had a couple of these but the cards were bent badly, major db whoever did that. These have to be seriously shortpacked or the scalpers have gone to town on em. I'm intrigued by this.

Commtech
04-25-2008, 10:46 PM
...Oh ya, i was talking to one of the clerks in KB and he said chubby gets most of his stuff at F&S, not KB, nor someone relaying from kb really. Found that interesting, from what i've read in this thread.

Of course they are gonna say that. Plus, you will never see Chubby13 paying F&S prices to stock his store. The only stuff he buys there are overseas imports, pokemon crap or really hard to find stuff that a customer might have ordered.

Jango Speck
04-25-2008, 11:34 PM
When KB gets a new case out and all the good figures are missing, they always show up at Chubby13's shop.

bikerscout
04-26-2008, 12:04 AM
When KB gets a new case out and all the good figures are missing, they always show up at Chubby13's shop.

that's proof enough then. The kb kid didn't pass the polygraph. :pleased:

BlueSnags
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
that's proof enough then. The kb kid didn't pass the polygraph. :pleased:

The kid you talked to might've been Forrest Gump.

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-26-2008, 12:54 AM
I have some interesting news: Wormser has children!

BlueSnags
04-26-2008, 12:58 AM
I have some interesting news: Wormser has children!

A frightening thought.

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Burbank Target had new Saga Legends today. I found Zev Senesca at noon, clones were no where to be found. Looked like only one case went out, even though the pegs are practically empty. I don't understand this store anymore.

The acrylic car display case I found at TRU has been discontinued- dangit!

Update: I found a guy on Ebay who had three of them for retail price. I'm set...

BlueSnags
04-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I stopped by Burbank TRU earlier and Wormser was asking where Speck was.

Apparently Speck had promised to babysit his kids today and he didn't show up as scheduled. Wormser looked p1ssed.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
If anyone sees extras of GI JOE wave 7: Hiss driver, Wild Bill, Viper, Spirit, Flag Duke, and Snake Eyes please stash.

They look like this : http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/ec/8d/0b1b_1.JPG

figrin bran
04-26-2008, 06:17 PM
GI Joe wave 7???? Heck, I'm not seeing GI Joe wave anything lately!

Stashed at La Brea Target - Kashyyyk Trooper, Utapau Shadow Trooper, Covert Ops Troope. Also stashed a DCUC Harley Quinn there as well. PM me if you want any of them.

I bought an Aquaman along with an Evo and Jump Trooper at that same store today.

Cataclizm1
04-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Which Aquaman did you find?

figrin bran
04-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Which Aquaman did you find?

I got the short haired (Classic?) version

StarWarsMom
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Stashed at La Brea Target - Kashyyyk Trooper, Utapau Shadow Trooper, Covert Ops Troope.

Damn. Does the La Brea Target tend to get better stock in than the other stores in the area? All the Target's I've been to lately have been completely wiped out on figures. I'm still debating if it is worth it to drive from one end of LA to the other for a couple of figures. Ugh!

Jango Speck
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Damn. Does the La Brea Target tend to get better stock in than the other stores in the area? All the Target's I've been to lately have been completely wiped out on figures. I'm still debating if it is worth it to drive from one end of LA to the other for a couple of figures. Ugh!

It's not worth it, which is why I didn't send a PM to get them. Just wait for HTS.com and all will be good- or wait for someone in your area to find them and stash them.

Commtech
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
GI Joe wave 7???? Heck, I'm not seeing GI Joe wave anything lately!

Stashed at La Brea Target - Kashyyyk Trooper, Utapau Shadow Trooper, Covert Ops Troope. Also stashed a DCUC Harley Quinn there as well. PM me if you want any of them.

I bought an Aquaman along with an Evo and Jump Trooper at that same store today.

pm sent for stash a while ago.

Today I got my GI Joe Doc mail in figure. It rocks!!

figrin bran
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
The SW stash has been claimed.

No way, La Brea Target definitely does not get better stock. It's just lightning in a bottle that I went the past 2 days and found TFU on both days and then the Saga Legends today. They've been sitting on ultra bare pegs for a few weeks so they probably got in a good 6 cases or even more and actually had the space for it.

I did not find Neyo which is the only figure from that SL wave that I wanted so I'll have to wait on HTS myself.

Maradona
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Finally saw and picked up two of the new Saga Legends, the Shadow Stormtrooper and Zev. It was at a local Target. There were 5 Zevs, so if anyone wants one, they were there an hour ago. Stashed an Ultra Humanite JLU 3-pack there, if anyone still wants one.

Commtech
04-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Anyone from this area who sees wave 7 of GI Joe, can you please stash or pick up for me? Thanks!

Cataclizm1
04-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Torrance Walmart: I found a whole case of wave 7 GI JOE on the pallet, and I ran with it! Also saw new Transformer deluxes, bought a Stealth Bumblebee.
Crenshaw Walmart. My buddy Mr. Roboto was there, and he scored all the wave 7 that was there, he gave me an extra Viper, now I have 3.
Inglewood target: Found a classic Aquaman! The only DC wave 2 they had, very odd. :D

darkagent
04-27-2008, 02:20 PM
As of 10:30am, Burbank TRU has 3-4 cases of SW TFU on the pegs. All clones were still there.

StarWarsMom
04-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Crenshaw Walmart. My buddy Mr. Roboto was there, and he scored all the wave 7 that was there, he gave me an extra Viper, now I have 3.
Inglewood target: Found a classic Aquaman! The only DC wave 2 they had, very odd. :D

I was thinking of hitting both these stores today. Did they have any Star Wars stock or are they pretty wiped out?

Cataclizm1
04-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Torrance Walmart had more of the Crimson comic packs.
Manhattan beach had some Kashyk troopers, and more of the FU wave with damaged vader etc...no shadow guards or evo / jump troopers though.

Gardena had no good SW.

That was about it.

Commtech
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Torrance Walmart: I found a whole case of wave 7 GI JOE on the pallet, and I ran with it! :D

Give them to me! I command you!

BlueSnags
04-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Stopped by Burbank TRU around 10:35 (must've just missed DarkAgent) and saw full pegs of the FU wave. Snagged the Evo Troopers, the Jump Troopers and a Maris (pale version).

The Toys R'nt Us Crew (Boyardee, Dazed and Wormser) were not there today, so that would explain how all the good stuff made it to the pegs for once.

-Snags

figrin bran
04-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Commtech, I hope you were able to get the stash today as it was no longer there this afternoon.

This is the second time that Crenshaw WM has put out a new wave of GI Joe the day after I go there. I guess it doesn't help that I only go there around 2-3 times per month.

Jango Speck
04-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I can't think of any good reasons to go to the Crenshaw WM.

StarWarsMom
04-27-2008, 10:50 PM
I can't think of any good reasons to go to the Crenshaw WM.

I went there today for the heck of it. I don't think I'll bother with that store again. Meh!

Commtech
04-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Commtech, I hope you were able to get the stash today as it was no longer there this afternoon.

This is the second time that Crenshaw WM has put out a new wave of GI Joe the day after I go there. I guess it doesn't help that I only go there around 2-3 times per month.

Thanks for the stash Fig. I did get them and stashed a long haired aquaman at the same location. Did you get it? If not, it's available for anyone here.

figrin bran
04-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the stash Fig. I did get them and stashed a long haired aquaman at the same location. Did you get it? If not, it's available for anyone here.

Yes, I found and bought the long haired Aquaman :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
04-28-2008, 01:46 AM
Saw the four new Hasbro 12" Indiana Jones figures today at Walmart. If I had to think of one word to describe them, it would be: junk.

-Snags

Commtech
04-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Yes, they are crap. What a let down.:sad:

Oh well, at least my wallet will be happy.

Commtech
04-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Stopped by Burbank TRU around 10:35 (must've just missed DarkAgent) and saw full pegs of the FU wave. Snagged the Evo Troopers, the Jump Troopers and a Maris (pale version).

-Snags

More!! My god, you do need help! :ninja::D:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
04-28-2008, 02:24 AM
More!! My god, you do need help! :ninja::D:thumbsup:

:cry::laugh::cry:

-Snags

Chaddymac
04-28-2008, 09:54 AM
I went there today for the heck of it. I don't think I'll bother with that store again. Meh!
One good reason to go: Ship to store feature of the walmart.com website. That's how I intend to collect their exclusives, because I'm certainly not going hunting there.

Commtech
04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Stashed the new, reissue green anakin starfighter at Burbank K-Mart. Scans at $19.99. PM me for location.

Jango Speck
04-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Stashed the new, reissue green anakin starfighter at Burbank K-Mart. Scans at $19.99. PM me for location.

Wow, I thought KMart charged $24.99 or $29.99 for vehicles? I'm so glad I paid $40 on ebay two years ago for this.

Commtech
04-28-2008, 11:42 AM
When scanned, it read "as advertised" in the scanner. I guess that's their "sale" price.

toonimator
04-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I was surprised that Burbank Target finally had nearly-full SW pegs yesterday--and at noon, too! The entire FU wave was there but for Vader, and some of the 'new' Legends with the Rex sticker. The only Fan's Choice was a lonely Zev. More ROTS-wave as well. I picked up the Jump Trooper and the 'flesh-tone' Maris for fodder.

Kinda disappointed in Hasbro's cheap take on the Jump Trooper. The art highlights the shortcuts, where they gimped the blaster (I didn't need the red glowing bit, but it WAS much bigger than the normal E-11) and left out the jetpack. Even the pose differences in the art showcase it all between front & back of the card, with the front desperately clutching his tiny blaster in two hands. I'm not army-building the two Stormies, but they are fun figures... just lame accessory choices. I may get a couple more to customize, possibly paint the black suit gray to better match the McStormie, and/or to cannibalize for parts to make better legs for the McStormie.

I may get a Shadow Guard eventually, but besides possibly extra Rahms, Stormies, or Junos for customs, and a couple more SA 501sts and some Neyos, I'm pretty much done. If only GIJoe was actually stocked regularly so I could turn to it for my toy fix :crazed:

StarWarsMom
04-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Just got back from a toy run.

Target Inglewood had one lone Zev figure and a couple boxes of Grievous' ship. They had about 4 Order 66 packs with a couple of Choi's.

Target Manhattan Beach had 3 Rahm's, 1 Marris and a couple of Tri-Droids.

TRU Hawthorne had some TFU figures in stock.

bikerscout
04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
One good reason to go: Ship to store feature of the walmart.com website. That's how I intend to collect their exclusives, because I'm certainly not going hunting there.

good luck waiting half an hour at the kiosk to pick up. Those guys are slower than molasses.

darkagent
04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
good luck waiting half an hour at the kiosk to pick up. Those guys are slower than molasses.

Not only are they slow, but if you're a mint on card collector, forget about it. I ordered the Obi-Wan/Bail Organa exclusive comic pack last year, and was surprised to find that to make it fit in the small shipping box (about the size of a single carded figure), Walmart folded the comic pack in half and smashed it. It was a good thing I was going to open it anyways, or I would have been very upset.

Jango Speck
04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Not only are they slow, but if you're a mint on card collector, forget about it. I ordered the Obi-Wan/Bail Organa exclusive comic pack last year, and was surprised to find that to make it fit in the small shipping box (about the size of a single carded figure), Walmart folded the comic pack in half and smashed it. It was a good thing I was going to open it anyways, or I would have been very upset.

Loose or not, that's f'in unacceptable. I would have raised holy hell.

Jango Speck
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Did the Indy figures hit local Targets yet? I'm seeing reports from around the country that they are showing up...

JodyB
04-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Did the Indy figures hit local Targets yet? I'm seeing reports from around the country that they are showing up...

I found the first 3 waves at Wal-Mart Last weekend... had no problem buying them off the self checkout... then I found the 2 pack sets at Frys... no problem buying them there...

Target if you check the DCPI # you'll see they are in the back of the store but won't bring them out until the 1st of May...

darkagent
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Just read on one of the Hasbro Q&As that this years UGH, the "1st Day of Issue" will only be in the first wave of figures released on 7/26. That's really going to sux even more for anyone attending SDCC.

StarWarsMom
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM

That pretty much seals it. I guess I really won't be bothering with this particular WM. :\

Maradona
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Just read on one of the Hasbro Q&As that this years UGH, the "1st Day of Issue" will only be in the first wave of figures released on 7/26. That's really going to sux even more for anyone attending SDCC.

Yes, it will.

figrin bran
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I got my $50 rewards from Hasbro today!!! Since it expires in June, I'll probably just use it on one of the Transformers Animated leader class toys.

I noticed on my Target receipts from the past few days that it says NCF next to the SW figures. It won't be long before Target no longer has any TAC figures so if you've figures that you wanted to return, get to it soon.

Commtech
04-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Got 3 more mail in GI JOE Docs today!!!! I ordered a total of 5 in 2 separate orders, using flag points for the extras. :thumbsup:

Yes I know, I need help too. If figures were drugs, I would've OD'd a while ago.:ninja:

Maradona
04-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Just got back from Frys and they still had INDY figures out. All I saw were the two-packs, Indy with the ark, and the 12". They also had multiples of the foil stamped Transformers and the new Hulk figures, which did not appeal to me.

CrunchyNug
04-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Got 3 more mail in GI JOE Docs today!!!! I ordered a total of 5 in 2 separate orders, using flag points for the extras. :thumbsup:

Yes I know, I need help too. If figures were drugs, I would've OD'd a while ago.:ninja:

That's sweet. Can't wait to get mine.

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 02:30 AM
I also got an Indy figure from Disneyland yesterday. They were plentiful even during the evening so it looks like the window of opportunity for the scalpers has come and gone.Weird! I went the next day, still plenty and I also bought one, but it's weird that you went Thursday and I went Friday, and then I also have a friend who went Saturday.

Stopped in burbank mall b/c I couldn't resist Dairy Queen (there's only like 5 in all of LA!) so I went to KB.Dude, good guess, there's exactly 5 of 'em within a 25 mile radius of Hollywood. 9 in a 50 mile radius. (I chose Hollywood because I live here and there USED to be one at Sunset & La Brea).

The acrylic car display case I found at TRU has been discontinued- dangit! Rats, I've been putting off buying 'em for years, I have 3 cars I want to stuff in 'em actually. WM only carries the smaller 1/24th scale boxes, they're worthless. I don't wanna risk getting them in the mail because they crack somewhat easily, a lot of the ones I've seen at TRU lately are busted.

Damn. Does the La Brea Target tend to get better stock in than the other stores in the area? All the Target's I've been to lately have been completely wiped out on figures. I'm still debating if it is worth it to drive from one end of LA to the other for a couple of figures. Ugh!No, that store is incredibly hit-or-miss and often picked over too fast. Target in general has been a bit of a letdown with SW stocking.

I went there today for the heck of it. I don't think I'll bother with that store again. Meh!Thanks for confirming my gut feeling, since I started driving last year that's pretty much the only Wal-mart I won't go to, and I'm sorry you had to go instead but at least we have good intel now. :D

Saw the four new Hasbro 12" Indiana Jones figures today at Walmart. If I had to think of one word to describe them, it would be: junk.Another gut reaction of mine confirmed, thanks!

One good reason to go: Ship to store feature of the walmart.com website. That's how I intend to collect their exclusives, because I'm certainly not going hunting there.Unfortunately, some of their exclusives don't make the site, but you make a good point anyway.

Just read on one of the Hasbro Q&As that this years UGH, the "1st Day of Issue" will only be in the first wave of figures released on 7/26. That's really going to sux even more for anyone attending SDCC.It's actually worse than that, it's UNLIKELY that the majority of midnight madness figures will actually have those stickers because it's the figures sent out intending to be shelved on that date, but Hasbro always early-produces and then ships later cases that also hit stores at that time, and the cases are "first in, last out" at most of the retailers, so for the first few weeks it's going to be a battle to get 'em. I don't personally care except for how it affects my fellow collectors. SDCC is going to be difficult for us collectors because the figs come out midnight preview night, and the X-files movie also comes out at that time.

Cataclizm1
04-29-2008, 02:43 AM

Still waiting for my one.

Jango Speck
04-29-2008, 02:50 AM
My father in law brought me a Disneyland Indy figure tonight- and he actually went out of his way to find one with a good card/bubble- even though I'm gonna open it.

figrin bran
04-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Weird! I went the next day, still plenty and I also bought one, but it's weird that you went Thursday and I went Friday, and then I also have a friend who went Saturday.

Making it even weirder is that my original plans were to go on Friday! Apparently I felt a disturbance in the Force regarding high temperatures, greater crowds and the presence of a certain board mod. :p

Damn. Does the La Brea Target tend to get better stock in than the other stores in the area? All the Target's I've been to lately have been completely wiped out on figures. I'm still debating if it is worth it to drive from one end of LA to the other for a couple of figures. Ugh

No, that store is incredibly hit-or-miss and often picked over too fast. Target in general has been a bit of a letdown with SW stocking.

Target has been golden for me lately with SW stocking! Then again, I'm probably as responsible as anyone for the picking over at La Brea Target. Though I did notice that around 6-8 Transformer Voyagers were wiped out over the span of 2 days, none of it by me, mind you.

SWMom, it probably isn't worth it to drive around everywhere across town to visit other Targets. Sticking to a few stores and hitting them consistently seems to work better. La Brea just happens to be one of the closest to me and I seem to have great success so I keep going, usually at opening or a few minutes afterwards. Eagle Rock and Glendale are also close but as I haven't had the same amount of success, I don't usually make either or those my first stop when I'm out hitting stores.

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Making it even weirder is that my original plans were to go on Friday! Apparently I felt a disturbance in the Force regarding high temperatures, greater crowds and the presence of a certain board mod. :pSounds more like Highlander, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! ;) We put off going on Splash Mountain until around 6:30, and by the time I got off the ride it was dusk, our log was hit extra hard with water on the right side and my pants were soaked until after 1am!

Target has been golden for me lately with SW stocking! Then again, I'm probably as responsible as anyone for the picking over at La Brea Target. Though I did notice that around 6-8 Transformer Voyagers were wiped out over the span of 2 days, none of it by me, mind you. And only how many months after I got my TAC '08 figures off HTS? :p Is that the first nice thing you've said about LaBrea Target?

SWMom, it probably isn't worth it to drive around everywhere across town to visit other Targets. Sticking to a few stores and hitting them consistently seems to work better. La Brea just happens to be one of the closest to me and I seem to have great success so I keep going, usually at opening or a few minutes afterwards. Eagle Rock and Glendale are also close but as I haven't had the same amount of success, I don't usually make either or those my first stop when I'm out hitting stores.I used to think as you did, until the dark times, until the scalpers. Actually, Bran is right IF you can really pound those stores, hit them day in and day out at opening and then sometimes make a second pass in the early afternoon. But I hate that one, so I head as far away from Frank & Sons as I can get usually, and even that's dodgy. In fact, sometimes the F&S zone is actually pretty decent for collecting, then it'll get CRUSHED again and all will be sadness. That's what I hate about collecting these days, the inconsistencies of the shopping and stocking patterns.

figrin bran
04-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Sounds more like Highlander, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! ;) We put off going on Splash Mountain until around 6:30, and by the time I got off the ride it was dusk, our log was hit extra hard with water on the right side and my pants were soaked until after 1am!

Ha! Well, that's what you get for getting on it so late! On a sidenote, those ride operators need to figure out better ways to distribute mass. There was one time on the Grizzly Rapids over at DCA that my raft had a family of heavyweights on it and they were all on one side so the raft would submarine a bit and allow tremendous amounts of water to flood over us.

And only how many months after I got my TAC '08 figures off HTS? Is that the first nice thing you've said about LaBrea Target

It's actually the TFU wave that the store has been getting lately. I'm sure I've said nice things about La Brea before. At least more than I have for Glendale or Eagle Rock or La Cienega or either of the Pasadenas or Burbank.

Ewok888
04-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Just got back from Frys and they still had INDY figures out. All I saw were the two-packs, Indy with the ark, and the 12". They also had multiples of the foil stamped Transformers and the new Hulk figures, which did not appeal to me.

When you guys mention the Indy two-packs, are you referring to the Galactic Heroes character packs? And which Frys location are you referring to if you don't mind me asking? Thanks !

StarWarsMom
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I used to think as you did, until the dark times, until the scalpers. Actually, Bran is right IF you can really pound those stores, hit them day in and day out at opening and then sometimes make a second pass in the early afternoon. But I hate that one, so I head as far away from Frank & Sons as I can get usually, and even that's dodgy. In fact, sometimes the F&S zone is actually pretty decent for collecting, then it'll get CRUSHED again and all will be sadness. That's what I hate about collecting these days, the inconsistencies of the shopping and stocking patterns.

Yes, Target & TRU's stock lately has been absolute crap as far as SW figures go. With gas prices as high as $4.13/gallon you really don't want to come back empty handed when you make a big toy run. I dream of a day when stores have plentiful stock. *sigh*

When you guys mention the Indy two-packs, are you referring to the Galactic Heroes character packs? And which Frys location are you referring to if you don't mind me asking? Thanks !

I'd also like to know which Frys. The Manhattan Beach Frys has never carried good stock of any figures.

Commtech
04-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Found GI JOE wave 7 today at Target!! :razz:

Headphones was there, but he was late. All he could grab were his precious Ben10 figures. Plumber Bob was ****ed to see Headphones. I don't think anyone likes him.

BlueSnags
04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Stopped by Fry's this morning and picked up all 3 of the Wave 1 Indy 2-packs. It took me almost 15 min to find one of each with a decent paint app. I'm not a "Needs to be a perfect paint app" kinda guy, but the paint apps were HORRIBLE on 90% of them. Most of them were either cross-eyed or one eye looking forward/one eye crossed. Just terrible.

I already ordered this wave (along with all the other Indy stuff) from HTS for 20% off and free shipping, so I'm saving my Fry's receipt just in case the stuff that shows up from HTS have paint apps as crappy as the majority of the ones I saw today. If they do, I'll use my Fry's receipt to return 'em.

Not sure if anyone here has found them yet (I think Jody mentioned he has come across them), but does anyone see a sloppy paint app problem with the basic Indy figures? I was really looking forward to them...hope they don't look "rushed" as most of these figures did.

They also had the 12" Indy figures, but I already weighed in on those. They are terrible. To say Hasbro is not trying to appeal to collectors with the 12" line is an understatement.

Also, my "early bird" Clone Wars Clone Troopers arrived today from Hong Kong (via Ebay). Very cool figures - looking forward to getting more (but not looking forward to the feeding frenzy at SDCC when they're finally put on sale).

-Snags:bandit:

Jango Speck
04-29-2008, 01:03 PM
What are the early bird clone troopers?

JodyB
04-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Stopped by Fry's this morning and picked up all 3 of the Wave 1 Indy 2-packs. It took me almost 15 min to find one of each with a decent paint app. I'm not a "Needs to be a perfect paint app" kinda guy, but the paint apps were HORRIBLE on 90% of them. Most of them were either cross-eyed or one eye looking forward/one eye crossed. Just terrible.

I already ordered this wave (along with all the other Indy stuff) from HTS for 20% off and free shipping, so I'm saving my Fry's receipt just in case the stuff that shows up from HTS have paint apps as crappy as the majority of the ones I saw today. If they do, I'll use my Fry's receipt to return 'em.

Not sure if anyone here has found them yet (I think Jody mentioned he has come across them), but does anyone see a sloppy paint app problem with the basic Indy figures? I was really looking forward to them...hope they don't look "rushed" as most of these figures did.

They also had the 12" Indy figures, but I already weighed in on those. They are terrible. To say Hasbro is not trying to appeal to collectors with the 12" line is an understatement.

Also, my "early bird" Clone Wars Clone Troopers arrived today from Hong Kong (via Ebay). Very cool figures - looking forward to getting more (but not looking forward to the feeding frenzy at SDCC when they're finally put on sale).

-Snags:bandit:

They are all pretty ****ty on the paint apps... I bought all 3 cases and I've got to say that Hasbro has a big problem painting eyes on these things... pretty sad but hopefully they will improve on these.

BlueSnags
04-29-2008, 01:55 PM
What are the early bird clone troopers?

The ones that were "appropriated" (most likely stolen) by a Hasbro factory worker in Hong Kong and sent to Blue Snag HQ.:laugh:

I'll post a pic if you're interested in seeing the troopers.

They are all pretty ****ty on the paint apps... I bought all 3 cases and I've got to say that Hasbro has a big problem painting eyes on these things... pretty sad but hopefully they will improve on these.

Crap. That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info, bro.

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
As far as Indy stuff goes, I'm going to try real hard to avoid toys altogether and focus on high-end stuff, the Disney figure being the exception.

Cataclizm1
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I have an extra DC Universe Aquaman (Short hair) If you want it PM me!

MicroJow
04-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Sepulveda Target has made space for the new Indiana Jones toys - quite a large space, actually. Nothing on the shelves yet, tho. Gotta wait until the 1st!

Today I saw something I never saw before: Headphones... without his headphones! He was carrying some wrestling figures over to a cart which was being manned by a large white-haired guy. As soon as he saw me wandering over from the automotive department, he grabbed the cart and ran down the pre-school aisle, followed by his friend. They remained in a corner with their backs to me while I checked out the action figure aisle. I know this is being redundant, but I swear there's something wrong with that guy. I mean REALLY wrong with that guy - in a "I kinda feel sorry for him" sort of way.

Anyway. That's all I got for today.

- J

Cataclizm1
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Target Redondo beach Galleria had some indiana Jones basic figures. A german soldier and 2 indian looking dudes. Articulation on them seemed to be pretty good.

BlueSnags
04-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Stopped by Burbank K-Mart during lunch today and saw they had put the new Indy Adventure Heroes out. They actually looked pretty cool - first Indy item I've seen that I've been impressed by. Ended up snagging the Indy/Marion, Indy/Cairo Swordsman and Indy/Tribal Warrior sets. There was one of each set on the pegs, along with Indy/German Mechanic, Sallah/Mummy and Belloq/Ark.

Regarding HEADPHONES, he definitely has a few screws loose. I've always assumed he was getting disability checks from the government (or welfare checks) and he was scalping on Ebay under the table for some extra money. It's a safe bet that he doesn't have a regular job and he couldn't possibly make his living from scalping on Ebay alone...could he?

-Snags

Tycho
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Perhaps Headphones didn't have a connection with Batteries today? :D

bikerscout
04-30-2008, 02:32 AM
between 2 targets I found 3 K-troop. Hooray!

If you want an instant SA 501st army, go to La Cienega TRU. They had plenty.

Culver City TRU - had an overload of saga legends too, only with some wave 7.5 sprinkled in. Had some Pax and r2-b1s.

CC target - usual wave 7.5 and SL garbage. Traces of TFU wave though with Juno. They had a few premium leader class Megatrons, no good GI Joe, new Hulk figures (really boring) and some new Indy reg. figs and galactic hero style 2 packs. Looked cool, but not going to collect them. They had a Cairo swordsman, Rash beulle (can't rem. spelling) and a Marion w/frying pan.

This 3 month SW drought is going to be painful. And it's not like SL wave 5 will hit heavy saturation either. If it ever did we'd see about 20 Zevs and 1 or 2 Neyos if we're lucky, sprinkled in.

Tycho
04-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Since I don't really buy other toy lines, a 3-month drought in Star Wars stuff makes for there being like ZERO charges on my creditcard, and probably close to a ZERO balance when the Falcon and AT-TE and all that stuff comes out.

Plus, I'm burning no gasoline going on hardly any toy hunts. I check out the toy isles when I need household supplies (and curiously go out to shop for them and wait outside the stores before they even open - Target anyway). But that's about it.

I'm going to look at but not buy the Indiana Jones stuff. It does look very cool, but not in a way that's tempting me. And that's good.

Chaddymac
04-30-2008, 09:53 AM
In the "SirStevesGuide" banner at the top of the page, does it look to anyone else like Clone Wars Anakin and Vader are holding hands?

Anyway, I'm thrilled with the drought. Aside from Neyo, I haven't needed anything for months. It's awesome. And I've definitively decided not to collect anything from IJ. It's too much, even if it IS an awesome line of figures. I did get the Sideshow Indy, but I think that's quenched my thirst.

Jango Speck
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I stashed two FU clones at Burbank Target. PM for the 411. Funny there was no Vader, Maris or Shadow Guard. Saw one Zev Senesca, but no other new Legends- what's the deal with that?

They have the Indy pegs all marked (and empty) next to the SW pegs. Looks like there will be a lot of temptation coming my way.

StarWarsMom
04-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Saw one Zev Senesca, but no other new Legends- what's the deal with that?

I'm on the hunt for the new Legends figures and I am really getting tired of only seeing the Zev figure out there. I have a feeling he is going to be a major pegwarmer.

santosha
04-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Havent posted for a while we are finishing up the Hulk movie 6 days to deliver.
Just came from Target LaCienga, they had full pegs with Indy and Hulk toys. Had a few Saga Legends got the shadow and stormtrooper.

figrin bran
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm on the hunt for the new Legends figures and I am really getting tired of only seeing the Zev figure out there. I have a feeling he is going to be a major pegwarmer.

Neither Zev nor any of the SL figures will warm the pegs for too long at Target. When I bought my Neyo on Sun, the receipt had an "NCF" right next to the item listing on the receipt. That means that at some point in the near future, they won't be ordering more Legends and that they'll be clearanced.

Jango Speck
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Saw a new guy at Target Burbank this morning. He had a SW t-shirt and drove a white Honda with a license plate "REBL SKM" and license plate frame "My other car is a Milennium Falcon".

stillakid
04-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Saw a new guy at Target Burbank this morning. He had a SW t-shirt and drove a white Honda with a license plate "REBL SKM" and license plate frame "My other car is a Milennium Falcon".

Chicks dig that cool dude.

CrunchyNug
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Saw some IJ figs this morning at Target. They had basic, deluxe, and 12". I passed...can't open that big ole can of worms. Got a Cars Chuki though.

Jango Speck
04-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Saw some IJ figs this morning at Target. They had basic, deluxe, and 12". I passed...can't open that big ole can of worms. Got a Cars Chuki though.

Which store? Burbank was either wiped out or they just labeled the pegs and kept the stock in the infamous "backroom".

BlueSnags
04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Stashed a CARS Chuki at Burbank TRU. Shoot me a PM for location.

-Snags

Tycho
04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Chicks dig that cool dude.

I had a Pod Racing Champion t-shirt.

I don't know what the heck happened to it, though.

Cataclizm1
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
target manhattan beach: Had some FU wave. Also had some Zev-warmers and a couple of Neyos. I need a black stormie and that grey clone dude if anyone sees them. I stashed a Neyo PM for location. Also they had some "The Batman" toys and I found a Hal Jordan. I have an extra so PM me if you want Hal.

Target Redondo beach had some FU clones (evo and jump)

Edit: Neyo stash claimed.

Hal Jordan still available.

BlueSnags
04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Stumbled across a fresh case of Indiana Jones figures at Target today. Unfortunately only 4 out of the 12 figures were worth purchasing due to terrible paint apps. Once these figures really hit retail, I predict Hasbro is going to have a sh**storm on their hands...

Also picked up Mighty Muggs Commander Cody and Jango Fett today at Target. Good times - the Mighty Muggs rule.

-Snags

StarWarsMom
04-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Looks like I hit all the wrong places today. :(

Target La Cienega had crap for SW stock. All the regular Indy stock had been decimated. They had a few of the Adventure Hero's still left.

TRU La Cienega had some odd SW stock in. I saw four of the torture Han's which I haven't seen in stores in ages. They had one McSnow Trooper on the pegs. The rest was just the usual suspects. No Indy stuff seen at all.

Target Culver City no new Star Wars and the Indy section had been wiped out.

TRU Culver City just had usual stuff. No Indy stuff seen here either.

Bah!

Cataclizm1 I am interested in the Neyo if you read this. I sent you a PM.

JodyB
04-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Which store? Burbank was either wiped out or they just labeled the pegs and kept the stock in the infamous "backroom".

Just a couple of days ago I check the price scanners at Burbank for IJ... they said they had them in the stock room... I checked lastnight, No longer in the stock room... so either someone used the DCPI# to get them from the back or they have left the backroom with an employee...

But what I am looking for is the variant Dark Knight Movie Masters Batman...

Commtech
04-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Got my Hasbro rewards $50 certificate!!! Wooooot!!!! The toy spending circle continues!!!

MicroJow
04-30-2008, 07:25 PM
What are these Hasbro rewards certificates people speak of and how do I get my grubby little mitts on one?

- J

Jango Speck
04-30-2008, 07:52 PM
What are these Hasbro rewards certificates people speak of and how do I get my grubby little mitts on one?

- J

You're too late my friend. I believe the submission deadline has come and gone. We've been discussing this for awhile, especially on another forum- you had to accumulate receipts and send them in for a reward. The max reward was $50 towards anything Hasbro makes. Some lucky guys managed to get multiple rewards...:mad:

darkagent
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
I picked up the Indy with Fertility Idol and Indy with Crystal Skull figures today at Target. I've got to say that the Indy with Crystal Skull's likeness to H.Ford is a lot better than the other figure. Couldn't believe Target's charging $7.64 for these figures.

I was also able to pickup the new Transformers Stealth Bumblebee and rounded out my shopping experience by finally picking up a Ayala Starfighter and an Order 66 Obi Wan. Best of all, I was able to use my $50 Hasbro Rewards check that I got just yesterday.

MicroJow
04-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Argh! Curses! That's what I get for not paying attention.

- J

Funny Money
04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I picked up the Indy with Fertility Idol and Indy with Crystal Skull figures today at Target. I've got to say that the Indy with Crystal Skull's likeness to H.Ford is a lot better than the other figure. Couldn't believe Target's charging $7.64 for these figures....

Picked up a set too, thanks Santosha for the update!!!! I agree with other posts, the paint apps suck! I gave some mom with her kid, a $5 of $25 Target coupon. Her 4 year old was stoked to see IJ on the pegs. He was saying, INDY, INDY!!! Guess his Ma and Pa have screened some DVDs for him. She bought one of each too. I missed the Hasbro 50 bucks offer as well. Don't know how I missed that. Is it for sure 'over'?

K M Toydarian
04-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Stumbled across a fresh case of Indiana Jones figures at Target today. Unfortunately only 4 out of the 12 figures were worth purchasing due to terrible paint apps. Once these figures really hit retail, I predict Hasbro is going to have a sh**storm on their hands...

Also picked up Mighty Muggs Commander Cody and Jango Fett today at Target. Good times - the Mighty Muggs rule.

-Snags

Just picked up 2 Indy figs and a Sallah at Target. The price is going to help me from buying into the whole line at least. Also picked up a Leia and Lando Mighty Muggs. BlueSnags, don't know if it was the same Target or not, but those are the only 2 they had, so maybe you got the other 2. Just as well, as I've said I will only go for the OT Mighty Muggs.

figrin bran
04-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I picked up the Indy with Fertility Idol and Indy with Crystal Skull figures today at Target. I've got to say that the Indy with Crystal Skull's likeness to H.Ford is a lot better than the other figure. Couldn't believe Target's charging $7.64 for these figures.

They're not supposed to be $7.64. From scanning the DPCI myself and from reports on RS, they're supposed to be 7.49. I'm not sure how much TRU is charging for them but if you use the Target $5 off coupon, you'll get a better deal if you buy multiple figures.

I'm surprised that so many of you are either flat out not collecting the IJ line or else straddling the fence. :p I won't get every figure in the line and I won't buy most of the deluxes but the vehicles are a maybe.

darkagent
04-30-2008, 10:44 PM
They're not supposed to be $7.64. From scanning the DPCI myself and from reports on RS, they're supposed to be 7.49. I'm not sure how much TRU is charging for them but if you use the Target $5 off coupon, you'll get a better deal if you buy multiple figures.

I'm surprised that so many of you are either flat out not collecting the IJ line or else straddling the fence. :p I won't get every figure in the line and I won't buy most of the deluxes but the vehicles are a maybe.

You're probably right about the price. I don't have the receipt in front of me, but I do remember it being seven something. All I wanted was a Indy figure. I liked the sculpt nad paint job on the Crystal Skull Indy so that's why I picked him up. I picked up the Fertility Doll Indy mainly for the Fertility Doll. Now, I might pick up 4 other figures (for customizing) just so I can send away for the mail in figure.

figrin bran
04-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I thought the KotCS Indy was the best one and I'll definitely get one when I see the toys. Unfortunately I won't have a chance until Sat.

Jango Speck
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM

Well, I'm gonna save up for Indy GG and ACME stuff, but with all the bad reports of Hasbro paint jobs and my total lack of space for a new line of collecting, it's not hard to let this stuff go. I'm even planning on purging my Hasbro SW stuff from POTF, POTJ, TPM, AOTC. It's time to focus more and stop paying for my storage unit!

By the way, it may not be politically correct to say this, but the "German Soldier" figures just suck without the Nazi arm-bands. I'm just sayin'!

K M Toydarian
05-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Forgot, I picked up a Mariss Brood at Target in the North Valley today. There was a lone Juno and Rahm as well, which seem to hang out more often. I was suprised to see Maris though(flesh color version). Got her to use as a bar patron.
No new Legends though. This particular Target does have about 20 or more LUSHROS figures though. Hopefully Neimodians are back in fashion this summer.
Of the Indy stuff, they had 4 of the 12". The Talking Indy is a little creepy, using that rubber face Joe design that moves it's mouth as you press the talk button. Kinda cool, but his face is a little distorted.
No way I will pay 80 bucks for 4 inferior 12" figures anymore, but I do want that 12" mail away Ark.:(

bikerscout
05-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Thanks TRU and Target La Cienega for not stocking Tuesday when I was there! :tired::mad:

Chaddymac
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Saw for the first time the formerly exclusive blue and green jedi starfighters for Obi-Wan and Anakin respectively. I know a lot of you are ****ed you paid scalper prices, but I'm actually frustrated I paid retail for the exclusives and had to re-buy the crappy Obi-Wan and Anakin they packaged in there. But not so frustrated I'll fault them for re-releasing them. I hope they do that with more exclusives, like the Neyo speeder bike pack I missed out on because it was a Wal-Mart exclusive. I hate Wal-Mart and their filthy exclusives.

Speaking of Neyo, since I did miss out on that speeder bike pack, I'm really looking for a Neyo SL figure. If anyone finds one, know that at least *I* am looking for a stash. And since I'm not collecting anymore of these waves until Clone Wars hits, and I got my vaccine against Indy-fever, that's all I'm looking for for the next couple months.

stillakid
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Saw for the first time the formerly exclusive blue and green jedi starfighters for Obi-Wan and Anakin respectively. I know a lot of you are ****ed you paid scalper prices, but I'm actually frustrated I paid retail for the exclusives and had to re-buy the crappy Obi-Wan and Anakin they packaged in there. But not so frustrated I'll fault them for re-releasing them. I hope they do that with more exclusives, like the Neyo speeder bike pack I missed out on because it was a Wal-Mart exclusive. I hate Wal-Mart and their filthy exclusives.

Speaking of Neyo, since I did miss out on that speeder bike pack, I'm really looking for a Neyo SL figure. If anyone finds one, know that at least *I* am looking for a stash. And since I'm not collecting anymore of these waves until Clone Wars hits, and I got my vaccine against Indy-fever, that's all I'm looking for for the next couple months.

What is a "Neyo SL" figure?

Chaddymac
05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Sorry - "Saga Legends"

Jango Speck
05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Just got back from Burbank Target. I had all the Indy figures in hand and quite easily put them all back. The face paint on the Indy figures from movies 1-3 makes him look older than the Indy 4 figure. If I wasn't collecting SW, I might get these, but there's just no way at this point. Funny how HTS.com had them for $6.99 and now they are $7.49. Yes the 12" dolls look like ***, but the "Galactic Heroes" style stuff is adorable. It makes me laugh to see the angel of death and Nazi soldiers as a little kids toys- what's next, melting heads?

toonimator
05-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I ultimately only bought 3 Indy toys today: rocket-launcher Indy from the new movie, as the head sculpt looks pretty good there; German Motorcycle Rider; Adventure Heroes Indy/Marion. I looked through every Indy figure and the one I picked had the best paint-job on the head; most of the hat-wearing ones had the sloppy left eye--often painted a considerable distance from where it SHOULD be--so often seen in photos of the Wave 1 Indy at Toy Fair.

The rocket-launcher figure's cool, though swivel forearms would've been nice. He'll make a great matched set with the Crystal Skull figure, as you can swap accessories around (in the bootleg trailer circulating yesterday, we see Indy use the rocket launcher but while wearing his hat & jacket). His legs are a bit loose, and wide-set, but the head really is the best of the bunch so far. Just horrible paint on the hair.

The biker's great, but as usual Hasbro made the helmet too small (ala Fel, Cody, Fetts, Stormies, and certain clones). He's got a good head size, so he's no Evo Jango or Cody, but the helmet just doesn't look right, like most of the helmeted Joes (Duke, Roadblock, Rock-n-Roll). His legs are a bit loose, but the soft-goods are outstanding. I want this material used on ALL clone kamas from now on :D

Far as I can tell, the only basics that WEREN'T there at 8am were Irina, German Soldier, the Ugha Warrior, and whip-cracking Indy. The only Marion had horrible face paint.

Cataclizm1
05-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Target manhattan beach: Nothing good, but my Hot wheels buddy Aaron was there (He is the coolest HW guy ever) had a Black Stormie, and a Covert ops trooper for me that he found when I was absent.

Target Redondo beach: Jack shizzle

Target gardena: Had wave 2 DC Universe

City of Hawthorne TRU: The movie masters Dark Knight figs are out! I got Bats and Joker they are so AWESOMMME!! Also they put out a bunch of crappy looking Hulk figs. And they had a bunch of Indy cases they were about to open at the front of the store, but I don't really care for Indy.

Check out the Dark Knight 6" figs:

JodyB
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: The movie masters Dark Knight figs are out! I got Bats and Joker they are so AWESOMMME!! Also they put out a bunch of crappy looking Hulk figs.

Check out the Dark Knight 6" figs:

Yeah there great... only 2 of those managed to get out of the backroom of TRU Burbank both of them being Batman... decided not to buy then from that piece of poop store...

Oh yeah... and the guy stocking them admitted that the rest went out the back... wonderful that store is...

BlueSnags
05-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah there great... only 2 of those managed to get out of the backroom of TRU Burbank both of them being Batman... decided not to buy then from that piece of poop store...

Oh yeah... and the guy stocking them admitted that the rest went out the back... wonderful that store is...

I was talking to a woman collector I met at NoHo Target today and she was going off on how bad that store is. She did say that Dazed & Confused was finally fired (supposedly by Corporate) last week, so that's a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, the ringleader (Boyardee) and his lackey boy (Wormser) still remain.

Picked up some more Indy figures this morning. Had to look through four cases in order to grab 8 decent figures. A sad state of affairs.

-Snags

darkagent
05-01-2008, 02:23 PM
From what I heard, the Targets from Pasadena to Eagle Rock did not put out any Indy figures this morning. Los Feliz TRU also did not put out any Indy figures. All they had were 4 Lego sets. The employees said they had not received any, even though a little over a week ago, I saw a cart full of Indy products being rolled to the back with a hand written sign not to put them out until May 1st. I did manage to pick up a lone SW Stap Attack TRU exclusive battle pack, but the price was $24.99 (ouch!).

I stopped by La Cienega TRU and as of 11am, they were still setting up their Hulk/Iron Man/Indy display at the front of the store. There were about 4-5 boxes of unopened Indy figures. The basic figures were $6.99 and the deluxe $9.99.

Jango Speck
05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I stopped by La Cienega TRU and as of 11am, they were still setting up their Hulk/Iron Man/Indy display at the front of the store. There were about 4-5 boxes of unopened Indy figures. The basic figures were $6.99 and the deluxe $9.99.

TRU cheaper than Target? I just threw up a little in my mouth. :whip:

Commtech
05-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank God I also have the anti-Indy fever vaccine! By the way, how would a Han Solo head look on an Indy body? I don't remember, but are the Indy figures smaller in scale than the SWs?

Bought the new stealth Bumblebee and premium series barricade at Target this morning. The deluxe TFs are on sale at Target for $6.99.