PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

BlueSnags
05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Stopped by Los Feliz TRU during lunch and saw that they'd put a handful (looked like one case) of Indy figures out. Snagged a Cemetary Warrior and a Russian Soldier.

-Snags

darkagent
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Thank God I also have the anti-Indy fever vaccine! By the way, how would a Han Solo head look on an Indy body? I don't remember, but are the Indy figures smaller in scale than the SWs?

Bought the new stealth Bumblebee and premium series barricade at Target this morning. The deluxe TFs are on sale at Target for $6.99.

They're the same size. What!!! I just bought the stealth Bumblebee yesterday, and they charged me $9.99. :mad:

Stopped by Los Feliz TRU during lunch and saw that they'd put a handful (looked like one case) of Indy figures out. Snagged a Cemetary Warrior and a Russian Soldier.

-Snags

I had a feeling they were going to do something like that.

stillakid
05-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Nazi soldiers as a little kids toys-

Are the grinning? :sur: I may be able to use them in that Playskool Prison Camp Playset.

Commtech
05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Just came back and saw Dazed & Confused at his station (behind the Customer Service counter) and in uniform. He still works there.

Jango Speck
05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Just came back and saw Dazed & Confused at his station (behind the Customer Service counter) and in uniform. He still works there.

Maybe he's so dazed and confused that he forgot that he was fired?

Turbowars
05-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Man don't you guys have jobs? LOL I don't look for one day here and there's like 10 pages of you all running around looking for crappy IJ figures. I don't get it.

toonimator
05-01-2008, 08:10 PM
TRU cheaper than Target? I just threw up a little in my mouth. :whip:
Choke it back down! I don't know what WM prices are, but at the very least Target will either lower prices OR put 'em on sale (maybe both) closer to the premiere date. Most of 'em are as well-articulated as SW, and have as many accessories, but the quality leaves much to be desired. When an SW character misses the likeness mark (as most Hans & Lukes do) at least they're usually well-painted misses. The sloppiest SW paint seems reserved for the CPs... maybe THAT'S where they funneled the Indy production line, to the CP factory! It'd explain the lull in CP arrivals at most stores in the last couple months :rolleyes:

gambitguru
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
went to disneyland yesterday they had about 50 of the IJ exculsive. I picked up two myself. The worker said there is a guy who comes in every morning by cases and cases. The worker said now there is a 25 limit per person. The price is reasonable 14.99.

im looking for the new wave of GI joes wave 5 and up.

went to KB in northridge, some guy beet me to the SW 2 mins to late. He ad the shadow trooper, the new vader, and couple of clone troopers, i forget names, i lost track. they look pretty good.

happy hunting

Turbowars
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Dude where have you been, they finally let you out of that Hash rave?

Jango Speck
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
went to disneyland yesterday they had about 50 of the IJ exculsive. I picked up two myself. The worker said there is a guy who comes in every morning by cases and cases. The worker said now there is a 25 limit per person. .

went to KB in northridge, some guy beet me to the SW 2 mins to late. He ad the shadow trooper, the new vader, and couple of clone troopers, i forget names, i lost track. they look pretty good.

happy hunting

25 per person limit- that's ridiculous. If you want the FU clones, my stash was still safe at Burbank Target this morning. PM for the 411.

figrin bran
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
TRU cheaper than Target? I just threw up a little in my mouth. :whip:

Yes, but if you buy enough to net at least $25 worth of IJ toys, the $5 off coupon knocks it down to less than TRU's prices.

Maradona
05-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Alhambra TRU has a few Soviets, male and female. Didn't pick up any, since I've got them on order from HTS.

bikerscout
05-01-2008, 10:50 PM
you guys are really gonna be sorry when the premium Indy figures come out next year!! :rolleyes:

Commtech
05-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Forgot to mention that I stashed the TRU exclusives Transformers Jetstorm and Wingblade today. PM me for details.

Commtech
05-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Man don't you guys have jobs? LOL I don't look for one day here and there's like 10 pages of you all running around looking for crappy IJ figures. I don't get it.

Man... and I remember some of you criticized us Transformers collectors saying they look like crap. Those Indy figures are the worst I've seen lately!:tired: Monkey face Leia is Miss Universe next to the Marion figure, for example.

BlueSnags
05-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Man... and I remember some of you criticized us Transformers collectors saying they look like crap. Those Indy figures are the worst I've seen lately!:tired: Monkey face Leia is Miss Universe next to the Marion figure, for example.

I'm the first one to say the Indy line has its share of problems (mainly the paint apps). But if you've ever purchased ANY Hasbro Marvel Legends figures (truly the sorriest excuse for an action figure line there is) you are not allowed to rip on the Indy figures. :laugh:

-Snags

Maradona
05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
you guys are really gonna be sorry when the premium Indy figures come out next year!! :rolleyes:

Premium figures?

gambitguru
05-02-2008, 02:37 AM
25 per person limit- that's ridiculous. If you want the FU clones, my stash was still safe at Burbank Target this morning. PM for the 411.

speck you have a pm

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Ha! Well, that's what you get for getting on it so late! On a sidenote, those ride operators need to figure out better ways to distribute mass. There was one time on the Grizzly Rapids over at DCA that my raft had a family of heavyweights on it and they were all on one side so the raft would submarine a bit and allow tremendous amounts of water to flood over us. This was different, the Splash Mountain logs are single-across seaters, so the only question was front, middle, or back, and they did a pretty good job of not loading the front with the weighty folks like me.

It's actually the TFU wave that the store has been getting lately. I'm sure I've said nice things about La Brea before. At least more than I have for Glendale or Eagle Rock or La Cienega or either of the Pasadenas or Burbank.I can't think of consistently nice things to say about La Brea from ANY of us over the past few years, except that it's close and clean... usually.

Yes, Target & TRU's stock lately has been absolute crap as far as SW figures go. With gas prices as high as $4.13/gallon you really don't want to come back empty handed when you make a big toy run. I dream of a day when stores have plentiful stock. *sigh*I started driving last year, and my first toy runs were epic distances, but gas prices were a big contributing factor to my disinterest in continuing that trend (that and the relative levels of failure, and Hasbro's site being helpful plus it has a nice 15% AAA discount).

In the "SirStevesGuide" banner at the top of the page, does it look to anyone else like Clone Wars Anakin and Vader are holding hands?Dagnabit Chaddy, it didn't until you said that, now it TOTALLY does!!! lol

By the way, it may not be politically correct to say this, but the "German Soldier" figures just suck without the Nazi arm-bands. I'm just sayin'!Tell that to my numerous ancestors who were driven out of Europe by the Nazis, or the ones that were less fortunate, or to the white supremacists who still embrace that logo today to spread their hate and would love to have a popular children's toy promote their brand of evil... or to the modern Germans who wouldn't legally be allowed to import the figures if they sported the emblems. Just sayin', is all.

City of Hawthorne TRU: The movie masters Dark Knight figs are out! I got Bats and Joker they are so AWESOMMME!! Also they put out a bunch of crappy looking Hulk figs. And they had a bunch of Indy cases they were about to open at the front of the store, but I don't really care for Indy.

Check out the Dark Knight 6" figs:Nice find, thanks for the pic!

Man don't you guys have jobs? LOL I don't look for one day here and there's like 10 pages of you all running around looking for crappy IJ figures. I don't get it.I have to admit, I didn't check in for 3 days and there's over 70 new posts in this thread, this is madness! (That is a SW reference, NOT a 300/Sparta reference!)

BTW, how ya doin' dude?

Tycho
05-02-2008, 12:49 PM
My Target STILL has not made a home for, or put out their Indiana Jones figures!

I went with another regular to inquire of this at the customer service counter. He was actually returning (with a Target receipt) IJ figures he'd bought at another Target and replaced with better paint-jobs / packaging.

Though I'm not planning to buy these, I just decided to go and have a look - but there was nothing to look at.

The employee at Customer Service didn't want to take any responsibility. The toy manager didn't do their job. It's May 2 and the street date on the figures was May 1. The other regular customer said that ALL the other Targets have their merchandise stocked - homes were made for the product in advance even. Of course, not at my store. :rolleyes:

Isn't that pathetic? Inventory said the whole lot of it is stuffed in the back room. It sure is making Target money by being hidden back there. :rolleyes:

Funny Money
05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
were any of you at La Cienega TRU this morning? I was there and there was a new face hitting IJ, GIJs, and SW. Just curious,.. Looked like another case of IJ (or case reminants) went out, lots of IM Mongers if anyone still needs him, Lando, Leia, Cody, Jango SW MMs, and TRU exclu. Hoth wampa and Stap speeder BPs.
They are remodeling the entire store so older fig cases, i.e. McStormie, are being found in the backroom and put out

Turbowars
05-02-2008, 01:53 PM
BTW, how ya doin' dude?OH I'm doing OK today. Thanks for asking. I might get out and about this weekend. My head is finally not all dizzy and crap. One last cycle of Chemo starts the not this Monady, but the next, so I try to do something fun if I can before they practically kill me with 5 days 5 hours of treatment. Then tons of tests and most likely surgery. I really can't wait to just be normal again. Dr says SDCC will be a go. I'll put off the surgery if I have to. :whip::thumbsup:

Hey while you all are feeling bad for me, LOL find me some Shadow stormies and all the others in that wave that don't exist will yah!!!! :D

Tycho
05-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I started driving last year, and my first toy runs were epic distances, but gas prices were a big contributing factor to my disinterest in continuing that trend (that and the relative levels of failure, and Hasbro's site being helpful plus it has a nice 15% AAA discount).

I am not the least bit surprised. After 13 years, it is not the same game it used to be.

Obviously gas prices have changed a lot since I once could fill up for like $1.50 a gallon or something.

I made toy runs every afternoon after school, then I started going before school (in college).

By "staking out the isles" waiting for stuff to be stocked on shipment days (especially at Toys R Us), I met the other 6 guys I "team-collected with." I made close friendships I still have to this day - though we're not so close anymore (people graduated, married, started families, and had to buy houses out of San Diego's price-prohibitions. Life went on AFTER Star Wars - 2005.)

Now, there's not as much reason to go to the stores, and yes, HTS is very helpful - especially since I'm not army-building any more, really. I think 2006 saw the last of my troop building. In 2007, I only needed like 4 Galactic Marines and actually bought the most of CZ-4 (5 figures) for droid scene-fillers.

Meanwhile, I think there should be Nazi figures. The more common place they are, the less interesting they are. To be restricted, forbidden, it invites more intrigue in the attitude those that want to be deviant show towards them.

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a Satanist, not really knowing anything about what Satanism was about, and likely not believing there actually was a Satan (I don't now and likely never did). But I liked the idea of shocking people with "how bad I could be." If marching around with a swastika on (or buying a brigade of Nazi action figures and posting pictures of them) is a way to get negative attention, you can trust me, the more deviant it is, the more appealing it will be. It's the same with hanging nooses.

Being prejudiced is a little different from being racist. I think the latter actually pursues acts and policies that discriminate, the former just holds (often negative) preconceptions - which can be destructive - but are not necessarily intended with malice.

Modern Nazi worship, down to the level of negative attention seeking for amassing Hitler's army with action figures, is different from advocating Jew-hatred and trying to promote genocide and fascist totalitarianism.

However, I am certain that since my family did not experience the Holocaust and I was born more than another generation after that, I cannot feel the same way about seeing the swastika as a person who's around 60-90 years old today.

They will have different sensibilities about their grandchildren playing with Nazi action figures.

I honestly don't relate and would not predict even a "Concentration Camp Liberation Playset" would promote history repeating itself and another Holocaust.

Actually, with questions about taste and video games out there like Grand Theft Auto IV, why hasn't someone created "Border-Runner" where you play a Mexican national trying to outwit the Border Patrol and sneak illegals into the USA? They could even market the game in English and Spanish!

CrunchyNug
05-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Get Well Soon Turbo!!!

Strange find this morning at Target...which was obviously a return. There were 5 2006 UGH's hanging on the pegs...

Boba
Grievous
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Han

They were all pretty beat up too, but I guess someone, somewhere didn't need them anymore.

LOTS of IJ figs too. No Joes, no JLU, no DCU, no Cars.

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 03:08 PM
OH I'm doing OK today. Thanks for asking. I might get out and about this weekend. My head is finally not all dizzy and crap. One last cycle of Chemo starts the not this Monady, but the next, so I try to do something fun if I can before they practically kill me with 5 days 5 hours of treatment. Then tons of tests and most likely surgery. I really can't wait to just be normal again. Dr says SDCC will be a go. I'll put off the surgery if I have to. :whip::thumbsup:Glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better. That's a lot of chemo in 2 weeks, but hopefully the benefits will be long-lasting. Sucks about the possibility of more surgery, but putting off surgery for SDCC, sounds like something Tycho would do. ;) And clearly, that ain't normal! :D

Hey while you all are feeling bad for me, LOL find me some Shadow stormies and all the others in that wave that don't exist will yah!!!! :DYeah, we'll run right out and do that. :p

Meanwhile, I think there should be Nazi figures. The more common place they are, the less interesting they are. To be restricted, forbidden, it invites more intrigue in the attitude those that want to be deviant show towards them.Wrong as usual, but I'll get to that in the crass thread you started on the matter.

StarWarsMom
05-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Finally had a good shopping day. :)

were any of you at La Cienega TRU this morning? I was there and there was a new face hitting IJ, GIJs, and SW. Just curious,.. Looked like another case of IJ (or case reminants) went out, lots of IM Mongers if anyone still needs him, Lando, Leia, Cody, Jango SW MMs, and TRU exclu. Hoth wampa and Stap speeder BPs.
They are remodeling the entire store so older fig cases, i.e. McStormie, are being found in the backroom and put out

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the Stap & Hoth BP's and a Raiders Indy figure with the Golden Idol seeing as he is the classic iconic Indy.

Dropped by a couple of other places:

Target near S. Bay Galleria had a good stock of Indy figs if anyone is looking for a good selection. SW stock was crap.

TRU near Del Amo mall I picked up a Shadow Stormie and a Crimson Empire comic pack.

I also found and stashed a Neyo and a Crimson pack. If anyone is interested in these items PM me for details.

Commtech
05-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Fedex dropped by today with my non-attending Transformers Botcon 2008 "Shattered Glass" Boxed set. Couldn't be happier!!:D

Commtech
05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm the first one to say the Indy line has its share of problems (mainly the paint apps). But if you've ever purchased ANY Hasbro Marvel Legends figures (truly the sorriest excuse for an action figure line there is) you are not allowed to rip on the Indy figures. :laugh:

-Snags

Sorry Snags, but they suck even more than the MLs. But that's just my opinion.:yes:

Turbowars
05-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Went to Target just to get some printer ink and to get out of the house and I saw a bunch of IJ figures. All the Indy figure suck. The 3 that were OK were the Motorcycle, the big guy with the sword and Sala. To me the line tanks. I'm not going to buy any of it. I love how they took pegs from SW for this trash. Sorry Snags, but you need to return those figures. Beside we need to save up for the McQ 1-1 Helmet.

Turbowars
05-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Actually, with questions about taste and video games out there like Grand Theft Auto IV, why hasn't someone created "Border-Runner" where you play a Mexican national trying to outwit the Border Patrol and sneak illegals into the USA? They could even market the game in English and Spanish!
As long as you could play on the American side and shot the illegals it might fly. :hurt: Although as us in CA can see there's not much to outwit. :rolleyes:

Jango Speck
05-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Was at a funeral this morning, so I totally missed the GG Indy stuff. :mad:

Kidhuman
05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
OH I'm doing OK today. Thanks for asking. I might get out and about this weekend. My head is finally not all dizzy and crap. One last cycle of Chemo starts the not this Monady, but the next, so I try to do something fun if I can before they practically kill me with 5 days 5 hours of treatment. Then tons of tests and most likely surgery. I really can't wait to just be normal again. Dr says SDCC will be a go. I'll put off the surgery if I have to. :whip::thumbsup:

Hey while you all are feeling bad for me, LOL find me some Shadow stormies and all the others in that wave that don't exist will yah!!!! :D

I am glad everything is going better for you Turbo. I still will keep you in prayers and hope all works out.

Went to Target just to get some printer ink and to get out of the house and I saw a bunch of IJ figures. All the Indy figure suck. The 3 that were OK were the Motorcycle, the big guy with the sword and Sala. To me the line tanks. I'm not going to buy any of it. I love how they took pegs from SW for this trash. Sorry Snags, but you need to return those figures. Beside we need to save up for the McQ 1-1 Helmet.

Well, the thing with Star Wars is the line is pretty much dead until July 26th. With no new product they needed room. By the time the new stuff comes out, IJ, Hulk and Iron Man will have shrunk down and SW will be back. the same thing happened here at WM and Target.

darkagent
05-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Didn't find anything new today. Although, Eagle Rock Target finally put up their endcap of Target SW exclusives (Aayla Starfighter, Kashyyyk BPs and Galactic Heroes). Only a couple months late.:cross-eye

JodyB
05-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Finally found a full set of Dark Knight Movie Masters. They are by far the best figure out right now! All I have to do now is find the 4 other mask pack-in variants on the Goon...

StarWarsMom
05-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Picked up a Vader & Leia Infinities comic pack at TRU Hawthorne today. This is the first time I have ever seen this comic pack in stores, so I'm happy I got a chance to snag it.

Just a reminder, no one has claimed the Neyo and Crimson pack I stashed yesterday. If anyone is still interested, PM me.

figrin bran
05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Didn't find anything new today. Although, Eagle Rock Target finally put up their endcap of Target SW exclusives (Aayla Starfighter, Kashyyyk BPs and Galactic Heroes). Only a couple months late.:cross-eye

I wish I would've read your post earlier in the day. I guess that store as well as Deadwood Target are waiting for the May 11th reset date to put out the Indy figures.

Being the fool that I am, I wasted time going to LC TRU and MLK/C WM. Not only were their SW sections horrible, their Indy sections were even worse with only Mutt Williams and Cairo Swordsmen available. La Brea had only Swordsmen as well as a grey dot already on the Indy pegs.

Fortunately, the much maligned LF TRU had the figures I've been looking for and with good paint apps - both of the KotCS (for Stilla's benefit, that's Kingdom of the Crystal Skull :p) Indy's, a Cemetary Warrior, Sallah and Raiders Indy w. jacket. The latter 2 I've had on preorder from HTS but after hearing all the poor paint app accounts both on here and other sites, I decided to just get the good paint apps while I can and then return the HTS ones later on.

stillakid
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
both of the KotCS (for Stilla's benefit, that's Kingdom of the Crystal Skull :p)

TYVMIRAI! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Btw, Turbo, if you want to talk about crappy figures, you haven't seen crappy figures until you've seen the ones for the new Hulk movie.

Turbowars
05-03-2008, 10:51 PM
There's a new Hulk movie? What a shame:cross-eye. Hollywood will never learn that Comic book movie's suck @ss along with 90% of all the other movies they make.

Cataclizm1
05-03-2008, 11:36 PM
There's a new Hulk movie? What a shame:cross-eye. Hollywood will never learn that Comic book movie's suck @ss along with 90% of all the other movies they make.
Go see Iron man, it'll change your opinion I guarantee it.

stillakid
05-04-2008, 12:11 AM

I liked Christian Bale's Batman. :)

And The Rocketeer.

And Darkman (even though it isn't really a comic book movie, it sort of is)

XMen was pretty good.

The Tick animated TV show was really good.

Adam West's Batman was good in it's own cheesy way.

:D

Commtech
05-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Finally found a full set of Dark Knight Movie Masters. They are by far the best figure out right now! All I have to do now is find the 4 other mask pack-in variants on the Goon...

Hey Jody: the batman figures PB got me were actually the cheaper ones. Those suck, so I returned them all to TRU.

for stilla: PB = Plumber Bob

CrunchyNug
05-04-2008, 04:11 PM
There were 2 FU cases and 5 GI Joes cases this morning at Target. Got another pair of Shadow Guards + Sprit Iron-knife and a bunch of H.I.S.S. drivers for all my Target H.I.S.S. tanks.

TRU had all the new Dark Night stuff, lots of IJ figs, 2 cases of SL w6, 1 case of the exclusive BP's, plus 1 case of Cars 2-packs. I grabbed 2 Shadow Stormies, 2 Neyos, a STAP BP, and a Cars Gasprin & Towcap 2-pack. I DID stash one STAP BP and 2 Covert Ops Troopers. PM if anyone's interested.

Chaddymac
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Finally got a Commander Neyo (Thanks Funny Money!). Hit a few stores around town (La Cienega Target, La Brea Target, La Cienga TRU) and didn't find anything but GTA IV, which I was tempted to buy, but ultimately didn't. Anyone think I should? Is there anything to the game aside from stealing cars and killing hookers in New York? Can I go see "Wicked" or something?

JediTricks
05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Hit Target West Hollywood and TRU on Friday, both had 1 Indy figure each (not counting the 12" abominations at Target), TRU had 2 Mutt figures while Target had 2 Swordsman figs. I passed.

figrin bran
05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Hit Target West Hollywood and TRU on Friday, both had 1 Indy figure each (not counting the 12" abominations at Target), TRU had 2 Mutt figures while Target had 2 Swordsman figs. I passed.

WH Target has been sitting on the same Swordsmen for 3 days now, apparently. This is one line where it seems like secondary characters won't sell to casual collectors/buyers unless there are also Indy figures on the pegs or if they have an Indy already.

The only thing I really have to hunt for are those blasted GI Joe wave 7 figures.

JediTricks
05-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I so wanted to walk into that Target with my $50 Hasbro rewards check and walk out with an armload of new IJ figs, they totally blew that.

figrin bran
05-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I so wanted to walk into that Target with my $50 Hasbro rewards check and walk out with an armload of new IJ figs, they totally blew that.

JT, you'd be better off getting them at TRU where they're $6.99. I imagine Target will have a price cut from $7.49 in a few weeks, hopefully.

CrunchyNug
05-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I forgot to mention that I used my $50 Hasbro coupon when I bought all those GI Joe figures this morning at Target. I did have a pair of Shadow Guards too, but nobody gave me any problems.

darkagent
05-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Is there anything to the game aside from stealing cars and killing hookers in New York? Can I go see "Wicked" or something?

I have a co-worker who has done nothing but played pool in that game. Don't have the game myself, so don't know if that's entirely possible.

I forgot to mention that I used my $50 Hasbro coupon when I bought all those GI Joe figures this morning at Target. I did have a pair of Shadow Guards too, but nobody gave me any problems.

When I used my certificate, the clerk didn't even check to see if they were all Hasbro toys. She just entered it as a $50 travelers check. I could've bought anything, like Legos.:lipsrsealed:

Turbowars
05-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Something kind of funny I noticed today while watching Boogie Nights on DVD. 1st off it's one of the best films made and Burt Reynolds should had won something for it! He's awesome in it. Anyways pretty close to the beginning the black dude Buck is trying to sell a Hi FI stereo system to some guy and the name of the stereo is TK421. There's one other reference about that dude that was in Walk Hard and he says to Dirk have you seen SW? (The movie starts in 1977 BTW) He say yes and then the other dude says people tell him he looks like Han. :lipsrsealed: Long live RollerGirl!!:twisted::yes:

Turbowars
05-05-2008, 01:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Yarna-Dal-Gargan-Female-X-Wing-Pilot-Lot-Of-2_W0QQitemZ370048853537QQihZ024QQcategoryZ152947QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jango Speck
05-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Got a postcard over the weekend saying that the "Captain Rex" figures won't be mailed out until the last week of July 2008. They actually have a number you can call if you want to cancel your order! Why the F would I do that?

CrunchyNug
05-05-2008, 02:29 AM
same seller had this one too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Female-X-Wing-Alien-Pilot_W0QQitemZ370048840926QQihZ024QQcategoryZ1529 47QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bikerscout
05-05-2008, 07:02 AM
good job hasbro. SA Yarna, but no SA Grievous, Cody, or DSII Luke. That list could be waaay longer. :upset:

Jango Speck
05-05-2008, 12:08 PM
8:30am found a MOMC Neyo at Burbank Target- buried at the back of the pegs. Everything else was gone, so someone must have missed him. Left a Shadow Guard FU on the pegs.

I broke my promise on Indy figures- but for a good reason. I wanted a toy "ark", so I picked up Indy/Ark two-pack. Damn Indy has an aweful paint job. I also picked up a Marion/Monkey/Arab pack, because the paint job on her was fine, and I just love the idea of her holding a frying pan against a scymitar sword.

I'm still hoping for GG or EFX to release a premium Ark and Medallion- those are they only things I want. OK wait I just thought of this, since GG has a horror line now, why not do busts of the face-melting Nazi's from ROTLA? That would be friggin sweet along with an angel of death statue and perhaps a statue of Indy and Marion tied to the post with their eyes shut! This could be really good...

Commtech
05-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Full pegs of everything today at Burbank Target: GI Joes wave 7, FU Star Wars, DC, etc. Bought 4 more Vipers and Hiss Tank Drivers for my army. Got another shadow stormtrooper just for kicks. Finally got to use my $50 reward from Hasbro.:thumbsup:

toonimator
05-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I was at Burbank Target at 9am, found a Covert Ops clone in easy view behind a fisher price toy... I haven't seen the shadow clones or stormies yet, but do they ALL have gold EU coins? That's kinda weird if so.. Zev's coin should be gold, too, if it's just a fan's choice thing. Zev was on the pegs, front & center.

Looks like GIJoe finally got restocked :( Just lots of Snake Eyes & Wild Bill, and a couple Dukes left. Comics had a couple Tomax/Xamot, 1 each of SE/red-cloak SS, Destro/Breaker, Dreadnoks, Ace/WW. No basic Indies, but lots of those deluxes they DIDN'T have last week.

Turbowars
05-05-2008, 01:39 PM
OK, now I'm begging you guys to get me a Shadow Stormtrooper or 2. It's killing me. PLEASE. I guess I need a Neyo, Zev and Black and gray stripped clone too.

StarWarsMom
05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I guess I need a Neyo, Zev and Black and gray stripped clone too.

What part of LA are you in? I did stash a Neyo at the TRU near the Del Amo mall. I am going to go back there today and put it back out since no one has PM'd me to claim this stash. If you are in the area and want it, let me know.

Turbowars
05-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks, but I'm in the San Fernando Valley

Ewok888
05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Anyone got any HTS free shipping and/or discount codes right now?

santosha
05-05-2008, 07:06 PM
If you have AAA membership you can get discount off HTS.

RUSHBOY
05-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Walmart in Covina got wave 1 of marvel mighty muggs I got the Spiderman !!
They also had IJ action figures and those crappy new Hulk action figures !
No new star wars and also no new G I Joe ! Spiderman MM is very cool!!

figrin bran
05-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Please stash any GI Joe Wave 7, all of you Burbankers.

Turbo, I haven't even seen a Shadow Stormie but have seen everything else from that wave.

Cataclizm1
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Full pegs of everything today at Burbank Target: GI Joes wave 7, FU Star Wars, DC, etc. Bought 4 more Vipers and Hiss Tank Drivers for my army. Got another shadow stormtrooper just for kicks. Finally got to use my $50 reward from Hasbro.:thumbsup:
Dammit I need to start crashing the morning party over there...

Jango Speck
05-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Anyone got any HTS free shipping and/or discount codes right now?

Dude, you just missed the big 20% off w/ free shipping last week. Won't see that again for a while.

BlueSnags
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
The hard to find wave of Indy figures are up on HTS (Irena, Cemetary Warrior, Nazca Warrior, Russian Soldier etc).

-Snags

figrin bran
05-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks Snags! I just ordered Irina, Dovchenko and a Russian Soldier. PONY10 which gives 10% seems to be one of the only codes in effect right now.

BlueSnags
05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks Snags! I just ordered Irina, Dovchenko and a Russian Soldier. PONY10 which gives 10% seems to be one of the only codes in effect right now.

Cool bro - glad you scored.

-Snags

JediTricks
05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
JT, you'd be better off getting them at TRU where they're $6.99. I imagine Target will have a price cut from $7.49 in a few weeks, hopefully.If TRU had 'em, sure.

Maradona
05-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Damn HTS!!!! I just had a Cobra Viper in my shopping cart, went to add the new Snake Eyes, and when he was added to the cart, the Viper sold out...while it was IN MY CART. Once you place an item in your cart, it should be yours. Period. If I had taken 10-15 minutes, maybe I could understand, but not even a minute had passed.

Snake Eyes is still up, btw.

Cataclizm1
05-07-2008, 12:52 AM
I have in my possession an extra Covert Ops trooper if anyone needs it. Otherwise I'm returning it. PM me.

Prefer someone who can meet me near Hawthorne.

Jango Speck
05-07-2008, 12:56 AM
I have in my possession an extra Covert Ops trooper if anyone needs it. Otherwise I'm returning it. PM me.

PM sent. By the way, are you in the Burbank area?

Cataclizm1
05-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Still up for grabs.

Edit: Looks like Covert is claimed again.

toonimator
05-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Claimed my stash of a German Soldier 2-pack and Mark II Iron Man today at Burbank Target, along with an Adventure Heroes set and one of the Target-execlusive Forces of Valor Germans for extra Indy-punching fodder. Still no new Indy basics, and GIJoe was down to just a crummy Buzzer again. Another partial case of Fan's Choice SL was out (no Shadow Stormie).

Jango Speck
05-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Left a Covert Ops Trooper at Burbank Target today because it had a folded corner and that figure looks like a bad custom job. No wonder I sold all of my old ones. No new Cars stuff in a long time, still haven't seen PT Flea 2-packs.

Jango Speck
05-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Stashed SL Clones at Burbank TRU- except the Blackhole Stormie- that was for me. Pm for the 411. I found these at 2pm! No sign of Wormser or D&C.

UPDATE: Stash claimed.

Jango Speck
05-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Left a Covert Ops Trooper at Burbank Target today because it had a folded corner and that figure looks like a bad custom job. No wonder I sold all of my old ones.

OK, I folded- found a MOMC CovertOps at TRU today and grabbed it solely for the coin. I really like the carded image more than the figure itself, so as a carded collector, this wasn't so bad. It "completes" my TAC card collection, and now I can retire from completionism.

toonimator
05-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Got to Burbank Target a bit late this morning, didn't look like anything new for SW. Besides SL, I know Comic Packs are the only 'new' items we'll see much of, but that's been pretty dry there. A few Marvel sets, a Koffi/Bultar, and Luke/Mara have been warming for awhile now.

Indy basics were restocked, and looked pretty full. No sign of the Colonel, Irina, Marion (except Deluxe, lots of those--with decent paint!), Ugha, Belloq, German Soldier or whip-crackin Indy. I picked up the KotCS hat one & a jacket Mutt. They had a Jungle Cutter & German Truck, too, if anyone's interested. Marion, Ark Indy, and German 2-packs were all the Deluxe there, but plenty of each.

Cataclizm1
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
City of hawthorne TRU: Lots and lots of Shadow troopers, Utapaus, Coverts, Neyos galore. I stashed a set of 2 shadows, a covert, and a utapau. PM for location.

StarWarsMom
05-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Scored a Covert Ops and Utapau trooper at TRU this morning thanks to Cataclizm1. I appreciate the help, thanks again. :thumbsup: Feels so good to finally be complete on the current wave of the SL line, now I won't have to waste gas running all over town trying to track these things down.

Jango Speck
05-09-2008, 04:46 PM
No new figures at Burbank TRU today, big surprise- both Wormser and D&C were working. I did spot the new STAP battle pack and a large-wing white Tie Fighter. Alas, I have spent too much lately, so I left them on the shelf. They also had the re-packed Obi and Ani jedi starfighters, and a Leia Mighty Mugg.

BlueSnags
05-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Finally scored a white large wing TIE Fighter at TRU today (thanks to Crunchy for the tip). Saw the two new Battle Packs (STAP and Hoth Patrol) but passed on them.

-Snags

CrunchyNug
05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Finally scored a white large wing TIE Fighter at TRU today (thanks to Crunchy for the tip).
-Snags

You're welcome. I found the Aayla Starfighter on clearance for 30% OFF this morning. There were a ton of them so I passed...might wait until they hit 50% before I pick one up. Also found a fresh case of FU wave about 30 minutes ago at another Target. I grabbed the Evo, Jump, and Guard - couldn't resist.

What's next? FU Rancor & Mygeeto Battle Packs?

JediTricks
05-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Damn HTS!!!! I just had a Cobra Viper in my shopping cart, went to add the new Snake Eyes, and when he was added to the cart, the Viper sold out...while it was IN MY CART. Once you place an item in your cart, it should be yours. Period. If I had taken 10-15 minutes, maybe I could understand, but not even a minute had passed.That's weird, their system DOES treat it as "yours" and doesn't release it for several hours actually. My guess is they were out before you ordered it and their system didn't change the listing properly, I've had that happen, then their system tells you YOU have to delete it from your pending order, so obnoxious.

StarWarsMom
05-09-2008, 06:05 PM
What's next? FU Rancor & Mygeeto Battle Packs?

Does anyone know if there is a street date for these sets yet?

Tycho
05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Who can tell me where I can find a fresh, onion bagel on a Friday after 4pm?

BlueSnags
05-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Who can tell me where I can find a fresh, onion bagel on a Friday after 4pm?

I stashed one at Target this morning but it's probably stale by now.

-Snags

Jango Speck
05-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Stashed a Mighty Mugg Cody at Burbank Target tonight. PM for the 411...

UPDATE: Anyone of you guys have an extra box of the Hasbro figure stands (the 40-pack)?

Got the new SW Insider today, and it says that the Legacy Wave 1 is out now! Does that mean we'll see it before ComiCon?

Tycho
05-10-2008, 03:45 AM
I got my Onion Bagel.

I haven't eaten it yet. But I set up a diorama.

It's the scene where the bagel is about to be toasted!

I have the bagel sliced in half, positioned in both slots in the toaster, and a plate and a knife in front of it. I can't put the butter on display in the diorama because it will melt.

But eventually, I will recreate the action when the bagel is toasted and then eaten by the human (I myself am standing in for the human).

Then at a later hour, I will recreate what happens to the bagel in another diorama that I construct in my toilet.

If you are excited by the prospects of creating your own scenes with onion bagels, they are widely available at many stores.

Commtech
05-10-2008, 12:26 PM
5 cases of Joes on the pegs wave 7 at Burbank TRU if anyone is interested.

Maradona
05-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Stashed a Cody MM at Los Feliz TRU. PM if interested.

Cataclizm1
05-10-2008, 08:52 PM
5 cases of Joes on the pegs wave 7 at Burbank TRU if anyone is interested.
What the hell, that store must be getting every single case in Socal. The two targets near me havn't gotten JOEs in weeks.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-10-2008, 11:19 PM
What the hell, that store must be getting every single case in Socal. The two targets near me havn't gotten JOEs in weeks.

I haven't seen a new joe here in the LBC for over a year! And I'm seriously NOT kidding! I have to resort to ordering them from either EE or HTS! So many effing scalpers down here! :mad:

figrin bran
05-11-2008, 01:55 AM

Same here. I managed to order a Viper from HTS a few days ago but I still need a HISS Driver, Wild Bill and Spirit Iron-Knife.

I found and bought an Indy Jungle Cutter this morning along with a few more figures from that line.

Also ran into JT at La Brea Target later in the day

BlueSnags
05-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Found today:

Galactic Heroes Bly/Aayla & Gree/Tarfful (KB)
Indy Jungle Cutter, Irina Spalko and Ugha Warrior (Target)

-Snags

Cataclizm1
05-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I need more GI JOE wave 7 vipers. If you find em, hide em, thx.

Funny Money
05-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm in Raleigh NC this weekend,.. ironically, it is the same weekend that the good Lord has decided that NO NEW TOYS what-so-ever shall be delivered to any retail establishments within 30 miles of my hotel!
LOL
BTW, I'm sure most of you have heard of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark the Adaptation' (the shot-for-shot remake the kids did in the 1980s) I saw it at a film festival two years ago and thought it was incredible. Anyway, there is a charity screening at Mann's Chinese 6 this week. It is well worth your time Indy fans! Chaddmac, are you are going to meet me there? Go to MovieTickets.com.
-
Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation (NR)
Showtime: ............. 8:00pm, the evening of Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Mann Chinese 6
6801 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028

stillakid
05-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Target Topanga Mall

Not a whole lot of new stuff. I did bring home a Shadow Guard (the only one there).

I also bought the Galactic Heroes Indy sets they had there. Just four of them so I think I have two more to go. They also had only a couple of the 3 3/4" Indy figures but I left them there for now. The Galactic Heroes are so much cuter. :love:

Maradona
05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Finally found the GI Joe Ranking Officers 3 packs at Azusa TRU. They only had 2 of the 3, so I still need the Crimson Guard pack...and all of waves 6 and 7.

Turbowars
05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Found today:

Galactic Heroes Bly/Aayla & Gree/Tarfful (KB)
Indy Jungle Cutter, Irina Spalko and Ugha Warrior (Target)

-SnagsPlease tell me you found them, but didn't buy them?

Commtech
05-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Please tell me you found them, but didn't buy them?

Are you kidding? Would a junkie leave a shot of heroin if it was available, right there, before him? Would you decline a Blow#$b from Lindsay Lohan, if offered? (Sorry for the vulgarity Starwarsmom, it's just an analogy)

Jango Speck
05-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Would you decline a Blow#$b from Lindsay Lohan, if offered? (Sorry for the vulgarity Starwarsmom, it's just an analogy)

No thanks LiLoh...

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Also ran into JT at La Brea Target later in the dayThat was so funny, I was literally thinking about calling you to mention those harder-to-find Indy figures there and turned around and there you were. Thanks for the $5 coupon, worked great.

My sched is so mussed up I can't even post timely sightings anymore. I saw some figures this weekend, I barely remember what or where. Sorry, I'm a jerk. I think I stashed a DC Superheroes Firestorm figure somewhere, I took pictures and I think it was at La Cienega Target but that was days ago.

BTW, I'm sure most of you have heard of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark the Adaptation' (the shot-for-shot remake the kids did in the 1980s) I saw it at a film festival two years ago and thought it was incredible. Anyway, there is a charity screening at Mann's Chinese 6 this week. It is well worth your time Indy fans! Chaddmac, are you are going to meet me there? Go to MovieTickets.com.
-
Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation (NR)
Showtime: ............. 8:00pm, the evening of Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Mann Chinese 6
6801 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Thanks for the 411, I'll try to get to that!

StarWarsMom
05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Are you kidding? Would a junkie leave a shot of heroin if it was available, right there, before him? Would you decline a Blow#$b from Lindsay Lohan, if offered? (Sorry for the vulgarity Starwarsmom, it's just an analogy)

lol Ha! No worries from me. I think I'd decline a BJ from Lohan. That's one mouth where you really don't know where it's been. Now if you declined a BJ from someone like Jessica Alba, then there's something seriously wrong with ya. :lipsrsealed:

Tycho
05-12-2008, 11:37 AM
lol Ha! No worries from me. I think I'd decline a BJ from Lohan. That's one mouth where you really don't know where it's been. Now if you declined a BJ from someone like Jessica Alba, then there's something seriously wrong with ya. :lipsrsealed:

Um. I'd like to weigh in on this, but the whole fantasies are incredibly distracting!

Just to add to that, and keep it Star Wars related, imagine if you could trade JediMaster Points for services! :laugh:

bikerscout
05-12-2008, 11:53 AM
i would not turn down any of the aforementioned 'jobs' from any of the aforementioned women. Not many females here on endor lol

Tycho
05-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Not many females here on endor lol

Not if you changed your tastes and decided you liked them hairy ;)

bikerscout
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
that is just wrong any way you look at it

Jango Speck
05-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Back on topic:

I noticed that my stashes had been returned to the pegs/shelves this morning at Burbank Target. Looks like they didn't stock anything new, and it's getting harder to figure out if the FU figs are new or returns. No new Indy or Cars. With this drought, I'm actually looking forward to Comicon. The only problem with that is that I recently hurt my back and now have sciatica, so standing and walking hurt like hell. Hopefully I'll feel somewhat better in time for the con. I hate getting old! :rolleyes:

Commtech
05-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Burbank target, nothing new.

Tycho
05-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Hope you feel better, JangoSpeck. I know all about getting these aches and pains now and seem to always have some fear that one or another will put me back in the hospital.

JediTricks
05-13-2008, 04:40 AM
Target Manhattan Beach - leftovers of TFU wave. IJ Troop Car, Russian Soldier, Cemetery Warriors, and other basic figs of lesser note.

Target W. Hollywood - leftovers of TFU wave (including Jumptrooper). Nothing new in IJ.

JodyB
05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Looking for the Lando MM... can someone please stash up in the valley for me... and I need it by friday... it's for a friends birthday... thanks for the help

Jango Speck
05-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Got my Clone Wars theatrical poster today. Stupid SWShop.com sent the poster tube in a massive cardboard box with packing material simply so they could include the free SW mini figs- which are more ridiculous than Unleashed Battle Packs. What a waste of cardboard- but a very nice poster!

darkagent
05-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Looking for the Lando MM... can someone please stash up in the valley for me... and I need it by friday... it's for a friends birthday... thanks for the help

There was one at the La Cienega Target today.

stillakid
05-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Not much at Target Sherman Oaks (Sepulveda). I picked up a lone Zev Senesca. :ermm:

I also had a bunch of the Indy 3 3/4" figures in my cart when I took a second look and decided to put them back. As much as I like RAIDERS :whip:, I just can't get into these figures the way I did for Star Wars. Don't know why. I did keep the Indy & Ark but that was it for those. However, I can't help but love these little Galactic Heroes figures, so I picked up the ones I don't have already. They're so CUTE! :love:

Commtech
05-14-2008, 01:08 AM
.... As much as I like RAIDERS :whip:, I just can't get into these figures the way I did for Star Wars. Don't know why. ...

I'll tell you why... 'cause they are CRAP!

Jango Speck
05-14-2008, 01:50 AM
I just tried to use my AAA discount at HTS.com and it's not working. It says "Discount Applied: $0.00". WTF? Is there a minimum spending limit? Yes, I did navigate via the AAA discount page.

Ji'dai
05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I'll tell you why... 'cause they are CRAP! But Han Solo himself likes them! Check out his toy haul posted on the UK's Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=565897&in_page_id=1773).

Commtech
05-14-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't think any of those are action figures. Besides, the Indy potato head is cool!

BlueSnags
05-14-2008, 12:08 PM
He's got the 12" indy, the whip and Potato head! That rules.

Harrison wanted to buy a few 3 3/4" figures too, but he couldn't find a good paint app.

-Snags:laugh:

figrin bran
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
But Han Solo himself likes them! Check out his toy haul posted on the UK's Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=565897&in_page_id=1773).

Ha! It looks like he bought one of the much reviled 12" and the even more reviled cloth snake -errr whip.

Harrison wanted to buy a few 3 3/4" figures too, but he couldn't find a good paint app.

ain't that the truth!

Jango Speck
05-14-2008, 12:22 PM

-Snags:laugh:

God I hate it when he wears that earring.

Tycho
05-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Harrison has an adopted 7 year old son. I bet the toys are for the boy. Otherwise, he's possibly assembling a "one-of-everything" collection to autograph for a charity. I just don't see him as wanting these things for himself. IF he were changing his tastes in his older age, I'd call it a senior-moment. But I don't think that's Harrison for you. I'd be very curious to learn how he finds Star Wars these days with a 7 year old son.

Meanwhile I went to Target this morning for my first time in a while.

There was a guy with a backpack who came in and bought a gold coin Dark Trooper and the Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter Vehicle.

I think guys with backpacks are getting around by bus or bicycle, but I DO wonder if some are scalping. But this guy's purchase of the Jungle Cutter VEHICLE didn't suggest that, since scalpers usually go for cheaper items AND this guy never looked in the Hot Wheels isle at all.

Anyway, they had every Indiana Jones product out finally. It prompted me to think of an idea for another type of figure collecting that I'll post in the "other toys section - or general discussion." I liked looking at the stuff but wasn't really interested in buying any of it. I suppose if I did NOT already have a Star Wars collection, getting into something like this would be interesting, but as it stands, I was not tempted.

I bought a Tri-Droid that must have been a return or found-stash or something. I needed 2 more, and there was 1 right on the pegs. There was no other figure from that Wave 1 though (and No TFU Wave 2 either). They had a Neyo on the pegs, but I don't want him (I have the speeder bike set).

Oh, in the 12", I thought the Jones figures looked pretty good. I played with the talking one for a little while. The only one they did NOT have was the German Officer. I'd be interested to take a look at him. The Mutt Williams figure is a pretty good likeness for Shia LeBouf, too.

BTW: with the 3 3/4" figures, I think the likenesses are pretty good. I've seen complaining, but I'd like them enough to buy them, once again, if I wasn't already dedicated to SW and that is basically enough.

Oh, lastly, they had The Incredible Hulk toys out on display. There's only 3 figures? Honestly, super hero toy lines can be pretty sad. I think Batman has the best villain rogues gallery, and Spider-Man is next. X-men is a war, so they do pretty well, too. The Hulk stuff rather bored me. The last time around, with mutated dogs, it was sort of interesting I guess.

Jango Speck
05-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Burbank Target had a full case of old Legends out today, including a Dark Trooper. They also had a full case of FU, but the Shadow Guard was missing. Sounds like the black-pauldron Sandtrooper is not coming, as it was a Hasbro photo goof (according to RS/GH).

That large-wing white Tie is still at TRU, and tempts me every day. I absolutely have no place to put such a monster, but that's not gonna stop me from getting the BMF Falcon later on...

toonimator
05-14-2008, 02:52 PM
I picked up one each of the FU Stormies this morning at Burbank Target (for some part-swappin fun) and Snake Mutt for an eventual Sam Witwicky custom. No Joes, just Comic Packs (a couple twins, Destro/Breaker, Ace/WW, SS/SE #2, a couple CG/Scarface)

Titaniums were also full. I almost bought the fiery Jedi Starfighter for the novelty of the paintjob, but it's just too garish. A couple 181st squints & Mace JSFs, some T-16s, a few AOTC Royal Cruisers as well as plenty of AT-STs rounded out the assortment beyond whatever leftovers were there. I think Hootie made off with the 2nd hot-rod JSF.

Possible new scalper: a guy was wandering the aisles on the phone, describing toys to the person on the other end, sounding shocked that someone else in the store found a tube-packaged Bumblebee "just sitting there" among the other tubed TFs. He moved on to the Spidey toys (animated) and said "There's a lot of Doc Ock here, that means he's common. There's two of Spider-Man in the black suit, but he looks cool anyway*. Venom would be another good one, if he was here." ...gave me the impression of a scalper. He came around to look at Titaniums and asked me if there was anything hot or new.
:rolleyes:

*as if more than one on pegs means "common", or so it sounded to me

Chaddymac
05-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I lament the fact that I will never be able to buy an action figure of myself to share with my children. If only every dad could have that experience.

Commtech
05-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I lament the fact that I will never be able to buy an action figure of myself to share with my children. If only every dad could have that experience.

The closest that that has happened to someone I know, is a friend who voices a video game character and the figures from that game are coming out soon (don't remember the video game, I'll ask). He isn't famous or anything, he's just a voice actor, but he is very excited about "his" action figure coming out.:)

stillakid
05-14-2008, 04:54 PM

It's your lucky day! http://www.andgor.com/Personalized_Figures/personalized_figures.html

Link I post for you hmmmmmmmmm??

bikerscout
05-14-2008, 05:44 PM
guess Harrison has no Hasbro connections for schwag. Oh well. It would've been a better pic if he had the BMF in his hands with a gleaming smile on his face. I'd really crack up to see Ford using the cloth whip!

Ji'dai
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM

-Snags:laugh: With all the problems you guys post about, Ford probably couldn't score any 3 3/4" figures shopping in LA anyway. And the Target employees probably refused to bring more from the back too. "Indiana Jones? Sure you are, mister."

I wonder what 12" Indy he got. Hopefully the Cairo whip-cracking one, it's a better likeness. Why would he need the talking one anyway? Any time his son wanted the dialogue repeated he could just go see the old man.

Funny Money
05-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Ha! It looks like he bought one of the much reviled 12" and the even more reviled cloth snake -errr whip.

ain't that the truth!

I think SAW HIM that day. I was with my girlfriend driving up Beverly and I saw a guy in a cool '$$$' convertible,.. I whipped my head around (no pun intended) and said, "I think that was Harrison Ford." Now with the pictures,.. I'm pretty sure.

TRU La Cienega had large white TIEs and Hoth and STAP BPs.

If anyone sees a IJ Jungle Cutter at Target, please stash. (Target only, because of the $5 of $25 coupon)

I just cancelled all my IJ HTS orders today. Man,.. slow, s l o w, S L O W, order fulfillment with those online boobs!

figrin bran
05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
With all the problems you guys post about, Ford probably couldn't score any 3 3/4" figures shopping in LA anyway. And the Target employees probably refused to bring more from the back too. "Indiana Jones? Sure you are, mister."

Ji'dai, sure there are lots of scalpers but it still hasn't been that difficult to buy figures from this line. Just last Saturday, JT and I found pegs full of IJ figures -0 everything from Irina to KotcS Indy at Target and this was around 5 pm.

Funny Money, I'll be sure to stash a Jungle Cutter when I see it again.

Cataclizm1
05-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Just have one of the kit-bashers make you a custom chaddy mac figure. Your kids will never know the truth.

Commtech
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Pegs look the same as yesterday at Burbank Target.

Commtech
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Just came back from Burbank TRU. They had 2 stap droid battle packs and 2 Hoth Battle packs. They are still there if anyone needs them, plus a bunch of FU stormies.

Commtech
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM
If anyone is interested I am selling my extra Star Wars miniatures "AT-AT IMPERIAL WALKER COLOSSAL PACK", sealed in c-8 box. Asking $45, which is what I paid and to be picked up in the Valley area (I'm in Burbank). Here's a picture for reference:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/ATATannouncement

didgeboy
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Don't know if y'all are seeing this yet but I picked up two yesterday at my local WM. They also had the Comander Gree and the Covert Ops trooper, but I left them. Cheers.

Jango Speck
05-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Don't know if y'all are seeing this yet but I picked up two yesterday at my local WM. They also had the Comander Gree and the Covert Ops trooper, but I left them. Cheers.

Zev and Gree are easy to find- Covert Ops not so much.

Cataclizm1
05-15-2008, 06:41 PM
City of hawthorne TRU: has the white tie fighters. The Wampa battle packs. Some EVos and Jumps. Some GI JOE wave 7. I picked up two more Vipers and 2 for a friend, so those are cleaned out. Left a Hiss driver and the other figures were all still there, maybe two of each.

JediTricks
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I just tried to use my AAA discount at HTS.com and it's not working. It says "Discount Applied: $0.00". WTF? Is there a minimum spending limit? Yes, I did navigate via the AAA discount page.If you had a cart page open before you clicked through AAA, then you have to close that cart page (don't close the browser, that way your cart still remains), click through the AAA page again, then from THERE order - it should work from there, that's how it's been for me.

Jango Speck
05-15-2008, 07:43 PM
If you had a cart page open before you clicked through AAA, then you have to close that cart page (don't close the browser, that way your cart still remains), click through the AAA page again, then from THERE order - it should work from there, that's how it's been for me.

Can you test it out for me? I keep trying and it says "Discount Applied ($0.00)".

JediTricks
05-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it's not working, the AAA part is but Hasbro's landing page isn't and the promo code isn't showing up. I suggest you contact AAA and see what they say. This happened before and they got it back quick.

Maradona
05-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Stashed a Blue Devil at Evil Rock Target, if anyone is interested.

Commtech
05-16-2008, 01:10 AM
BATS and other Joes at HTS right now!!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ST=SO&PG=1 (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ST=SO&PG=2)

figrin bran
05-16-2008, 02:06 AM
I saw that the Joe figures were up before reading Commtech's post. I hate having tons of stuff preordered already on HTS (Indy, Transformers Animated) but this line has been so impossible to find for me that I'm better off waiting a few months to receive them.

CrunchyNug
05-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the hot tip. I just placed a few orders for some Snow Serpents, B.A.T.s, & Ninja-Ku Storm Shadows. Don't forget "PONY10" for 10% off. Too bad we'll have to wait until August before we get these.

Tycho
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I went to Toys R Us last night and they had Tri-Droids on the pegs. They had all those variant Force-Unleashed troopers / clones. They had all the Force-Unleashed figures except for Vader. They probably had all of Wave 1 as well, except I don't remember Po Nudo or 2-1B.

I just bought 1 Tri-Droid as I'm done until probably July 26 or whenever it is.

toonimator
05-16-2008, 01:02 PM
got to Burbank Target a bit after opening, one idol Indy on basic pegs, probably a return, along with the same Mutts & Monkey Men from the past few days. They restocked Deluxe with the playsets, motorcycle, and horse sets, so I picked up a 2nd motorcycle and found a decent-paint Indy w/ Horse.

For 12" Indy, there's now at least 3 German Officers, tons of mutts, and a couple talking Indys.

Commtech
05-16-2008, 03:14 PM
More BATS at HTS in case anyone missed them. They won't last.

stillakid
05-16-2008, 05:44 PM
More BATS at HTS in case anyone missed them. They won't last.

WTF is a BATS? F***ing acronyms. The bane of my existence. :mad:

Commtech
05-16-2008, 06:43 PM

Here, my acronym-deciphering-impaired friend:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&SBR=539&ST=SO&ID=21701&PG=1

B.A.T. = BATTLE ANDROID TROOPER

Don't worry, we are here to help.

stillakid
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Here, my acronym-deciphering-impaired friend:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&SBR=539&ST=SO&ID=21701&PG=1

B.A.T. = BATTLE ANDROID TROOPER

Don't worry, we are here to help.

TYVMIRAI! (Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!) :)

figrin bran
05-16-2008, 10:22 PM

Dude, all you had to do was read Commtech's post on the previous page about how "BATS and other Joes are up on Hasbrotoyshop" :p

Maradona
05-17-2008, 01:50 AM
HTS has the new Marvel Legends 2 packs up. They have the open mouth Hydra up, as well.

BATS and other new Joes are also still available.

netsolo
05-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Still no luck finding the IJ Cargo Truck or Troop Car in the Burbank area... was going to hit the Burbank and NH Targets tomorrow morning. If someone happens to see them, grab onto one of each for ol' Net?

toonimator
05-17-2008, 11:36 AM
None at Burbank, tho they did stock more Deluxe I think (same as yesterday, riders & temple traps).

Full TFU case, and a few more comic packs (probably returns; Fel/Hobbie & Mara/Luke)

Commtech
05-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Went to TRU Burbank at 9am but seems like they opened a few minutes earlier since Hootie was already there. I found the premium series Bumblebee and bought it. Also, saw Chef Boyardee in civilian clothes. Funny.:D

Funny Money
05-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Finally found a Jungle Cutter at CC TRU. They had a cart infront of the SpeedRacer stuff with Hulk, Speed R., and IJ figs,.. with one IJ vehicle asst. box. I ripped into it as soon as the coast was clear.

La Cienega TRU & Target had a few Indy figs & TFU SW

CC Target had the same

Still no luck finding the IJ Cargo Truck or Troop Car in the Burbank area... was going to hit the Burbank and NH Targets tomorrow morning. If someone happens to see them, grab onto one of each for ol' Net?

I wish I had known -1 hour ago!!! The only other vehicle there at CC TRU was ONE Indy cargo truck,.. call them and tell 'em to hold it for you.

*edit* CC TRU also had SW comic two packs. They had that Crimson Guard two pack, wasn't that a starwarsshop exclusive?

Jango Speck
05-17-2008, 03:38 PM
*edit* CC TRU also had SW comic two packs. They had that Crimson Guard two pack, wasn't that a starwarsshop exclusive?

Yes, but with a visor variation. It's another nice move by Hasbro to screw over people who worked hard to buy expensive exclusives over the last couple of years.

netsolo
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the tip, Funny-- getting a late start this morning/afternoon but going to hit the road now and see what I can come up with!

bikerscout
05-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Yes, but with a visor variation. It's another nice move by Hasbro to screw over people who worked hard to buy expensive exclusives over the last couple of years.

oh and don't they love to do that with the SL Shadow Stormtrooper (re-release of SDCC excl.) and SL Covert Ops Trooper (former SWS.com excl.)
The first time, with tax and shipping those b@stards cost nearly $50. Now you can get them if you're lucky enough to find them for $7. Thanks Hasblow!!!!

figrin bran
05-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Picture this:

8 am this morning at Santa Monica Target

El Puerco walks in the store, flanked on his right side by an older looking scalper and on his left side by a younger dude, let's call him El Mop head. They form a row and start marching to the toy aisles in a "we came, we saw, we conquered" fashion. I sure wish I had a camera phone to capture that Los Tres Stooges moment!

As if that weren't enough scalper sightings for a day, I saw Hootie at Los Feliz TRU around 9:20 am. Judging from Commtech's report, that was probably Hootie's second stop of the day. I found a Shadow Stormtrooper and bought it. Also stashed a Covert Ops and Shadow Clone just to keep them out of Hootie's hands. PM me if you want them.

Commtech
05-18-2008, 01:39 AM
As if that weren't enough scalper sightings for a day, I saw Hootie at Los Feliz TRU around 9:20 am. Judging from Commtech's report, that was probably Hootie's second stop of the day. I found a Shadow Stormtrooper and bought it. Also stashed a Covert Ops and Shadow Clone just to keep them out of Hootie's hands. PM me if you want them.

That's actually Hootie's 4th stop of the day. This is his saturday schedule:

8am NoHo Target
8:20 Burbank Target
9am TRU Burbank
9:20 TRU Los Feliz

I also stash stuff at Burbank target after opening so Hootie won't get it when he arrives after his NoHo target stop. I stash it even if it's stuff I know you guys don't need, but that it's still a bit hot for Hootie or Headphones. I believe JodyB. and Toon try to do the same so this guys won't grab them. Better found later by an employee and put on the floor later in the day, than ending up on Headphones' ebay auctions.

figrin bran
05-18-2008, 01:59 AM
lol! We have Hootie's Sat. schedule on file now!

For the record, he walked away from Los Feliz TRU empty handed. hooray!!!! And now I know what the Hootiemobile looks like.

Jango Speck
05-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Anybody know if Star Cases fit the Indy figures?

Maradona
05-18-2008, 02:07 AM
I was at Evil Rock Target just before they closed today and saw a guy removing the inserts from the Indy figures. For some bizarre reason, I've always wanted to catch someone doing that. When I turned the aisle to walk in, he seemed very flustered and at that point I did not know why. He seemed to be waiting for me to leave, so I pretended to, but came right back around. I went up and started looking through the Star Wars figures just because of their proximity to the Indy figs. He put his stack of pilfered figures down and started looking through the GI Joe 2 packs, many of which I later saw had also been raided like the Indy figs (pun intended). In fact, the Joes themselves seemed to be removed and the cardstock background was folded over the tray to conceal the fact that the figures were missing. The guy walked off, but I suspected he would be back so I made another pass around the Lego section and as soon as I turned the corner, he was right back at work, this time though, with a very young child with him, tugging at his pants wanting to leave. It was a sad sight. Maybe he was taking the inserts for himself, maybe he was stealing them for his kid, maybe I'm wrong about the whole incident, either way I walked away feeling badly about the way life is sometimes. Had he not been with child, I likely would have reported him to some uninterested Target employee.

I recommend The Bicycle Thieves, a B&W Italian film by Vittorio de Sica, to any of you who haven't seen it. If you have seen it, you'll easily get the reference.

Cataclizm1
05-18-2008, 02:27 AM
You should of reported that scumbag.

stillakid
05-18-2008, 02:27 AM
I recommend The Bicycle Thieves, a B&W Italian film by Vitorrio de Sica, to any of you who haven't seen it. If you have seen it, you'll easily get the reference.

Holy crap, all of these years I've thought that was Fellini! :eek: It has been a few years since college though. :(

Maradona
05-18-2008, 02:45 AM
You should of reported that scumbag.

There was a Target employee adjusting the endcap of Hulk toys the entire time - nearly half of the Hulk hands are missing a hand there, by the way. She must have noticed he was the only other person there, but as I mentioned, she seemed uninterested.

Ultimately, though, I did not alert anyone specifically, which technically makes me complicit. The kid's presence heavily influenced me to just walk away.

RUSHBOY
05-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Get this, man dies in a freak accident when a helicopter falls on top of him apparently he was wearing headphones!! Someone should tell that scalper you guys call headphones to be on the look out for falling helicopters!!

Chaddymac
05-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I recommend NOT watching The Bicycle Thief, at least, not if you consider your time to carry any sort of value.

BlueSnags
05-18-2008, 01:41 PM

I stashed an Indy Cargo Truck at Pacoima Target today - shoot me a PM if you're interested.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
05-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Found all of wave 8 GI JOEs at Target in Gardena. Also saw some at Crenshaw Walmart, but my friend got them all. They are sweet. Arctic Snake Eyes = figure of the year!

toonimator
05-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I went to Burbank TRU around 10:30 for first time since before Indy toys hit; they had a buy 2 Indy figures get a 3rd free going, but only Mutts and RPG Indys to choose from. Was tempted to grab the remaining Deluxe, as there were 2 biker Germans & a soldier 2-pack, nice way to round out the quartet that chase Henry & Junior in TLC, but I'm trying NOT to go crazy army-building these :razz:

They did have a Y-wing on the shelves again after a long absence, so I finally picked that up. Everything looked to be in place, too! Now I just need a B-wing to round out the Rebel Fighters.

netsolo
05-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks Snags! Just PM'd you!

Jango Speck
05-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Poor Cate Blanchette- her first action figure and it looks as bad as the infamous "Monkey Leia". I added a vintage SW image for comparison.

figrin bran
05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Poor Cate Blanchette- her first action figure and it looks as bad as the infamous "Monkey Leia". I added a vintage SW image for comparison.

Actually, it's Ms. Blanchette's fourth action figure as for LOTR there were two 6" Galadriel figures and a 12".

http://thegd.com/images/Toys/LOTR/Toybiz/TTT/6_Galadriel2S.jpg

The likeness on that one was sort of okay but the hands were ghastly.

JediTricks
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
The vintage DS Trooper comparison was too funny! The pose was the best part.

I've seen that figure in person, it looks even worse.

CrunchyNug
05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Joe fans...I found wave 8 this morning at Target. Major Bludd, Blue Baroness, etc. There were also the new Comic Packs - Firefly/Storm Shadow, Copperhead/Shipwreck, Duke/Russian Dude. Couldn't believe it. Be on the look-out.

Cataclizm1
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I found the JOE wave 4 comic packs at target gardena. Bought all of em. Copperhead and Firefly v2 are gangsta!

Jango Speck
05-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Just saw the images of the Legacy collection- can't wait to pass on those re-repacks!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Just saw the images of the Legacy collection- can't wait to pass on those re-repacks!

Wooo, you're not kiddin'!

Mvader91
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Which images are you guys referring? Hope don't mind me askin'

Deoxyribonucleic
05-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Which images are you guys referring? Hope don't mind me askin'

That's it, you're FIRED! ;)

the pics are on the main page of rebelscum.com :yes:

Mvader91
05-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Thx man! Can I at least have a leave of abscence?

Mvader91
05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
"all too easy" pass that is.

Jango Speck
05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Grabbed a STAP BP at TRU, and found some awkwardly "hidden?" WALL-E figures. Dazed and Confused pretended to get excited about the "new battle packs" that I was carrying. I hate that douche. They were re-stocking Mattel stuff, specifically Cars- lots of single packs, but none of the newer 2-packs. I can't find those anywhere!

P.S. Most of the WALL-E figures look really dumb, except for WALL-E himself.

Commtech
05-19-2008, 07:54 PM

Oh no, more Maces to clog the pegs!:upset: Can't believe they are repacking this figures!
On the other hand, can't wait for the Clone Wars figures!

RUSHBOY
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
TRU in covina has the STAP battle pack and the Hoth patrol Battle pack today !!
I would have got it but I'm more into the single figures! No other new figures today.

Mvader91
05-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Clone wars just dont seem to be that exciting. My fig days may be coming to a close. Oh no!

figrin bran
05-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Grabbed a STAP BP at TRU, and found some awkwardly "hidden?" WALL-E figures. Dazed and Confused pretended to get excited about the "new battle packs" that I was carrying. I hate that douche. They were re-stocking Mattel stuff, specifically Cars- lots of single packs, but none of the newer 2-packs. I can't find those anywhere!

P.S. Most of the WALL-E figures look really dumb, except for WALL-E himself.

I respectfully agree about D&C but respectfully disagree about the WALL-E figures. The larger 9.99 "Search and Protect" EVE is one of the best toys that I've bought this year.

I got 2 boxes of Indy figures from HTS today and wouldn't you know it, they all have great paint apps. How's that for irony!

I wish I would've known that the K-Troopers would be repacked for Legacy Collection otherwise I wouldn't have bought 12 of them. I could use the extra weapons and so I'll buy a few of the repacks, at least.

Jango Speck
05-20-2008, 12:20 AM
respectfully disagree about the WALL-E figures. The larger 9.99 "Search and Protect" EVE is one of the best toys that I've bought this year.

I'll reserve judgement for when I see EVE in person, but the pictures don't do it for me. I love Apple Computers, a lifelong Mac/iPod fan, and knowing that the designer of them helped design "Eve", it still doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure that when I see the movie, I'll love the EVE character, but the toy is a "meh" for me.

BlueSnags
05-20-2008, 03:03 AM
Scored the new wave of Mighty Muggs today at Target (Bespin Luke, Emperor, Yoda and Grievous).:laugh:

Also, thanks to CrunchyNug for the GI Joe stash.:bandit:

-Snags

Jango Speck
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Burbank Target had lots of new Joes this morning at 8:30am.

I found a stash of Hot Wheels, so I scattered them back to the HW aisle.

Some large dude approached me in the SW section and told be that there were two "black coins" yesterday and some "gold coins". At first I didn't realize what the F he was talking about, then I laughed at him. I wonder if he ever new about them "silvers". He asked me if the Joe's were worth a lot.

I hate how so many people (cashiers included) think that buying toys is all about making a quick buck on ebay.

Commtech
05-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Found wave 8 of Joes today at Burbank Target. Major Bludd is the best of the wave in my opinion. Been seeing different new collectors everyday, most going for the SW stuff of Joes.

Commtech
05-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Some large dude approached me in the SW section and told be that there were two "black coins" yesterday and some "gold coins". At first I didn't realize what the F he was talking about, then I laughed at him. I wonder if he ever new about them "silvers". He asked me if the Joe's were worth a lot.

That guy was there yesterday. He collects HotWheels, but he also was asking me about SW and coins. He told Plumber Bob that he just got transfered to the Lowe's next door, so expect to see him everyday. Yesterday he grabbed a black coin stormie and asked me if it was worth something. He ended up leaving it on the pegs.:D

toonimator
05-20-2008, 12:30 PM
I got 2 boxes of Indy figures from HTS today and wouldn't you know it, they all have great paint apps. How's that for irony!

I wish I would've known that the K-Troopers would be repacked for Legacy Collection otherwise I wouldn't have bought 12 of them. I could use the extra weapons and so I'll buy a few of the repacks, at least.
The K-Troopers won't have extra weapons so don't worry. They're part of the Legacy Collection, not Saga Legends; they'll come with a piece of a droid. Repacks in TLC will have duplicate droid pieces, so you can safely skip 'em if you want to just collect the new figures & still build the droids.

I got my Indy toys from HTS yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, they mostly had hideous paint apps! 3 Irinas: one nice, one slightly sloppy, one positively cartoony (giant eyes, just wacky all around). KotCS Hat Indy had decent apps, but just doesn't look like Indy. Jacket Mutt looked like he had some sorta tribal war-paint on, brown streaks all over his face.

I opened the best Irina, kinda disappointing. The ugly face sculpt aside, she's rather flimsy and the swivel boots/no-ankles is a nuisance. The extras will be cobbled with a Juno and hopefully a Deena to make a female Death Star Trooper and a female officer with jodhpurs.

More Joes at Burbank Target this morning: a bit more of the Spirit wave, plus a helmet CC and a Zartan. Picked up Zartan for customs, and got the cargo truck from Indy.

BlueSnags
05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Burbank Target had lots of new Joes this morning at 8:30am.

I found a stash of Hot Wheels, so I scattered them back to the HW aisle.

I hate how so many people (cashiers included) think that buying toys is all about making a quick buck on ebay.

I like how these goofs think they're going to "get rich" from scalping figures on Ebay, but yet they all still dress like homeless people and are driving cars that look like they're held together with scotch tape. So much for "getting rich."

-Snags

Tycho
05-20-2008, 02:10 PM
No I think that scalpers either can't get any other job, or have some mental issue for why they won't - or they simply don't make enough money in whatever position they are currently employed in - so they add whatever extra income they can.

A scalped Hot Wheel is perhaps one more movie ticket they couldn't afford before.

They probably have a marginal interest in toys to begin with. If they deny the hobby to themselves in favor only of scalping, they are probably repressing their urge to have a collection themselves.

If they do collect and can't afford it, they are trying to fund their hobby off the backs of other enthusiasts.

None of them should think they are going to get rich. If you get $50 for a $.99 Hot Wheel that's rare or something - it's a great profit - but it's no lasting one. They also don't ship enough treasure hunts or whatever to sustain you making a decent living that way.

That's why a scalper with ONLY that going for him drives a beater and dresses poorly.

A poor collector who hoardes might be mistaken for a scalper however. They just can't afford anything beyond spending everything they've got on toys. When they wake up, life will have passed them by.

Sean the Hutt
05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I am so tired of socal hoarder scalpers, you are very insightful Tycho. While we are at it ,can we stop all the stashes? I am legally blind, its hard enough to find figures and I am tired of going to stores only to find 2 year old figs...no more stashes, and wal mart san marcos, somebody at your store is ripping you off. I rarely see anything bit the same 20 saga peg warmers...for the last 6 months!
I am getting older and am definitely losing interest. with gas prices so high I feel like a jerk just wasting gas on toys. I am going to go online for stuff now. plus I am just collecting what I really want...ships. Hasbro...Lucas, you are losing your core collectors I think. you are losing me anyway
May used to be a big toy month, but due to economy or whatever, it is quiet on the toy front. over the years it has been an interesting lesson in economics. and national economies. Toy shelves can tell you a lot about the state of a nation economically

Turbowars
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Toy shelves can tell you a lot about the state of a nation economically
What, that people are still blowing every cent they have on toys? I mean that's all I see. Most of you guys here at SSG buy anything. It seems if there's no SW you can't stand to leave without something so you buy crap like IJ, GH, Joes and TF.

Jango Speck
05-20-2008, 07:25 PM
What, that people are still blowing every cent they have on toys? I mean that's all I see. Most of you guys here at SSG buy anything. It seems if there's no SW you can't stand to leave without something so you buy crap like IJ, GH, Joes and TF.

Even though I don't collect GI Joe, I admire the fact that they are really nice figures with great retro packaging. Transformers (from the movie) suck to high heaven- but I can see why Indy is selling now, because it probably will fade fast after the summer. Rumors of Indy 5 with Shia scare the S out of me though.

Jango Speck
05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Toy shelves can tell you a lot about the state of a nation economically

Bitter much? Be glad you aren't in L.A. Sean. Sounds like you need to quit the hobby altogether, since it sounds like you are pretty miserable about it. Online is pretty much the best way to go anyway, and has been for almost two years now. You don't have to go retail- but you also can hook up with other collectors for help. Stashing is a bit desperate and immature, but having been both the beneficiary and the benefactor of this method, I can honestly say that it's really a karma kind of thing- I help others and they help me from time to time. Our L.A. network is really cool and makes the hobby so much more enjoyable.

Tycho
05-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Interesting stuff to comment on:

1) I'm still buying stuff, but not hunting at all. I have other things to do and enjoy my sleep. But I like the Hot Wheels guys who I think are more collector-types than scalpers who go to my Target, and "the morning meeting" is kind of social. Then either before or after, I also make a Starbucks run and read the newspaper. So it does get me out of the house and having something to do. I also keep a list of regular household supplies I need (Kleenex, Q-tips, juice, whatever) so I take care of it at the same time, reducing my gasoline I use). Now that I'm not army building, using Hasbro Toy Shop has been much more convenient, and with discount codes, I'm not really paying shipping too often. Plus even when I do, it's cheaper than gasoline spent, especially on unsuccessful hunts. I think I actually miss the excitement of those hunts, comradery, etc. but most things eventually come to an end.

2) Forgotten stashes will back up ordering. The business models of these stores are set up to operate independently of having to trust employees who are not valued or respected. The computer registers SALES and re-orders more inventory: Saga Legends, TAC, whatever. Some inventory order systems (Wal-Mart) are set up better than others. But customers inevitably screw with their systems anyway, messing up how efficiently they function. Stashing inventory is one of these ways. If stuff remains hidden, it might be registered as an inventory loss at one point, and orders in general are decreased in the computer - by a percentage - to offset a loss in that department if they think the product is being stolen often. Instead, old figures are under the floorboards for the shelves or hidden behind the fertilizer in another department. :rolleyes:

3) Have a credit card and some self-control. First, if you don't max it out and pay off your charges, you can actually buy stuff for other folks here on the forums, meet them, make friends in person, and so forth while you trade. I know with folks' schedules, that's not always possible, but you could have "a trading day" every couple of weeks or so. Interest is not charged on most credit cards where it affects you until beyond 30 days.

Also, if you want to buy a pile of pegwarmers "for your Lushros Dofine Army Builder Collection ;) ) you can. Then wait a couple of weeks until new orders are flowing in, then return them. You can even do this for several years until the darn Jerjerrods or whatever you have to keep buying and returning eventually sell. People buy stuff they think are rarer: if there are 40 Imperial Officers on the pegs, everyone ignores them. If there are 3 or thereabouts, they think it's their last chance to get him and SALE. Hehehe. Then after you LEAVE THE STORE one morning, 3 more Imperial Officers are back on the pegs... (I wonder how that happened? ;) ) But on a morning the following week, you find new figures that you didn't have before.

Hiding pegwarmers in the store will NOT make the store order more to stock. If there is NOT stock in the back - it does absolutely no good. At the same time, neither does unclaimed stashes.

4) Everyone here is getting older and losing some interest. We have most of the characters they could make in one incarnation or another. Lucasfilm is throwing Clone Wars at us - maybe a live-action show as well. If we've had enough of being marketed to, I wish LFL my best for their success with the next generation. The last figures I want we are voting for in MadSlantedPowers' polls. I wish to finish dioramas I want to create with what I've got already, and I cherrypick what I need for them out of the next new product that gets produced. That BMF Falcon is questionable for me even, as that thing was not on my want-list, but it's really tempting and probably a purchase.

5) May is not the toy month, but July will be. May has been taken over this time by Indiana Jones. The Star Wars team had been working on that line, so they couldn't do 2 things at the same time. In this economy, Hasbro didn't think it wise to hire a whole new "Jones team," and thus it's now kind of a Lucasflim Project team.

6) I too think people have this hoarding-collecting impulse and they have to buy something so they don't come home empty handed. Masters of the Universe is coming back (again) :rolleyes: There you go. What if they bring back "Thundercats" or Voltron? GI Joe has a stronger following. Indy is cool and I am a fan, but I don't cave into having to have toy products. Now for me, I did have Transformers as a kid and I'm pretty much sold on those. I limit what I buy though - but Jango Speck wouldn't care for my taste in some of that line. Masterpieces and Alternators are what I loved the most about TFs however.

Jango Speck
05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
For the record: vintage Transformers are awesome, new Transformers suck. It comes down to plastic versus metal. And Megatron is a friggin' gun!

figrin bran
05-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Any GI Joe stashes will be greatly appreciated!

I especially could use a HISS Driver and Wild Bill as HTS is being really slow to put those up for preorder.

Sean the Hutt
05-20-2008, 11:45 PM
bitter? no not really, just making note of how collecting and econmoics can break a collector. age, plus cost of searching= less buying/ I can still afford to waste the money I am just choosing not to. Actually I would still spend the money, but no product...I don't do the daily or 3 times a week checks anymore. I live in Canada half the year, so that means I find less. I might be moving even further abroad, so yes quiting is certainly an option. I do not buy everything, but I did buy too much for a few years. I have been giving stuff to toys for tots, everyone wins. I just have been losing my eyesight..keretaconus...so looking around for figures is a drag sometimes especially when hunting all over the store.
star wars friends...hmm most gave up collecting years ago, so around here i am the lone collector of my circle of friends
I am old school, go to the store find cool toys great experience/high?
buying online is just not as fun for me. So quit entirely, no I said I would just stick to a few large ships and figs I should be ok.
Are people still buying as much it does not appear that way to me out there, Granted I don't seethe morning toy rushes so I don't know.anyway have a good one

BlueSnags
05-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Stashed an Indy Jungle Cutter at Glendale Target today - PM for location.

-Snags

bikerscout
05-21-2008, 06:11 AM
When they repack the k-troops for the LC, they better fix the paint apps on the visor. Those idiots. Why do wave 5s suck?? TAC wave 5 - never saw pre-cyborg Grievous or Revan or Malak EVER at any store and SL wave 5 -never have seen the shadow troopers or covert ops thus far. Probably never will.

figrin bran
05-21-2008, 11:25 AM
When they repack the k-troops for the LC, they better fix the paint apps on the visor. Those idiots. Why do wave 5s suck?? TAC wave 5 - never saw pre-cyborg Grievous or Revan or Malak EVER at any store and SL wave 5 -never have seen the shadow troopers or covert ops thus far. Probably never will.

Wow, I've seen those particular wave 5 figures at Burbank TRU even!

TRU and maybe even WM would be the most likely places to search for SL wave 5. I had the Covert Ops stashed a few days ago but no one responded.

santosha
05-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Found the Rancor on Target.com for those that dont want to drvie around for it.
http://www.target.com/Star-JUNGLE-RANCOR-Felucian-Rider/dp/B000Y4DZ0O/qid=1211387207/ref=br_1_2/601-4454929-7596140?ie=UTF8&node=13974861&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=13974861&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=2

toonimator
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Nothin new at Burbank Target... just bought the least-crappy Wolverine/Psylocke Superhero Squad pack and 4 of those Target WWII soldiers (3rd plain-helmet German and 3 US) for more Indy accessories & shelf fodder :)

I figure if Hasbro ever makes an Indy with an automatic, like he used in Marion's bar in Nepal, it'll probably be huge like the pistols Irina and most Joes have, so the WWII US pistol'd be perfect for him... and it is! Plus there's shovels & maps & such that'll go nicely with "fanfic" scenes of his time in the war, helpin the troops find some relic or whatever.

JediTricks
05-23-2008, 02:52 AM
I figure if Hasbro ever makes an Indy with an automatic, like he used in Marion's bar in Nepal, it'll probably be huge like the pistols Irina and most Joes have, so the WWII US pistol'd be perfect for him... and it is! Plus there's shovels & maps & such that'll go nicely with "fanfic" scenes of his time in the war, helpin the troops find some relic or whatever.
Yeah, but how do you make the figure switch between the pistol and the revolver edit by edit like they did in the film? ;)

mark2d2
05-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Finally found something worth buying at the Toys R Us sale at Los Feliz.

Cairo Swordsman (with REALLY good paint, I'd only seen him a couple of times and he was always a mess.)

Mutt w/ Jacket (seeing the film made me actually want this guy, plus I have actually met Shia socially a handful of times so it was amusing to pick up a figure of somebody I've broken bread with. I may be a bit biased, but I thought he did a solid job in the flick.)

Indiana Jones w/Idol (Okay, I was on the fence about this guy as I have soooooo many Indys at this point. With five of 'em, half my collection is Indy's and the holster is silly. But I wanted the properly scaled fertility Idol and the the mask pack in as well. Both are really cool and I have no regrets.)

Still DESPERATE to get a basic Marion. And a Cemetery Warrior. Neither of these were on the shelves sadly.

Passed on a Irina and a Ugha Warrior as there wasn't a third figure I wanted bad enough. Hope to find a Marion soon. Getting frustrated.

Turbowars
05-23-2008, 11:51 AM
For those who would like to know,

SDCC Joe exclusives

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=12953

Turbowars
05-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Hasbro:
Transformers: Classics Nemesis Prime
6" Titanium Skywarp
GI JOE: Cobra Commander in suit and tie w/ podium and microphone (also a variant Cobra Commander in his Blue "Springfield Country Club" Blazer)
Also there is a *2nd GI JOE exclusive soon to be announced*
Marvel Legends: Shanna-Kazar-Zabu box set and Fing Fan Foom
Exclusive Iron Man Movie Mighty Muggs Figure
Star Wars Exclusive Commander Gree Mighty Muggs
Star Wars Darth Vader kneeling before a Holo Emperor
Indiana Jones Golden Idol Mighty Mugg

Mattel:
DC Universe Lobo and dog $20
JLU 8 and 4 Giganta 2-pack $20
He man exclusive King Grayskull figure (Regular and stone variant)
Cars Lightning McQueen

Diamond Select:
G1 Optimus Prime bust
Minimates Iron Man through the ages 4-Pack
Minimates Cap/Bucky/Namor/Torch Invaders 4-Pack

McFarlane:
Halo Exclusive figure (Spawn colors and clear)

Neca
Gears of War Carmine
Conan the Barbarian Statue
TMNT Mousers 3-pack

Action Figure Xpress: Skywarp Bust (Limited to 400) $60

Funko: Iron Man Gold Edition Mark I Armor Bobble head (Limited to 1008) $17

Mezco: Heroes Future Hiro 7" Figure

Peanuts Vintage Charlie Brown bobble head (Limited to 600) $15

Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars Aayla Secura 12" figure (Limited to 3000) $64.99

Jango Speck
05-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Burbank TRU has a bunch of Wii consoles in stock. They also have their full Wall-E display out (in a back endcap). I was tempted to get the $39.99 remote controlled version, but I waited too long in line and decided to pass. There are either not enough characters in this movie, or this new company has no idea what to do with variants- there are way too many variants of Wall-E, and almost no other characters besides EVE- which I don't like as a toy.

JediTricks
05-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Dang, it's not a good year for SDCC exclusives. :ermm: I think Hasbro's way overestimating the appeal of Mighty Muggs.

Turbowars
05-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Dang, it's not a good year for SDCC exclusives. :ermm: I think Hasbro's way overestimating the appeal of Mighty Muggs.
Yeah no kidding. So far the only ones I like are Han, Chewy, Fett, Vader, Stormy, Bespin Luke, Leia and Lando. I think the PT ones look stupid though I might get the Gree. I would also like the Joe exclusive. man I have a very bad feeling that I might want to get all the 25th Joes. :hurt::yes:

Commtech
05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Yman I have a very bad feeling that I might want to get all the 25th Joes. :hurt::yes:

Well, you better join the club now since we are at wave 8.

Jango Speck
05-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Saw GI Joe battlepacks at TRU today- kind of interesting, more figures than in a SW BP.

CrunchyNug
05-23-2008, 10:24 PM
I would also like the Joe exclusive. man I have a very bad feeling that I might want to get all the 25th Joes. :hurt::yes:

That's how it started for me a year ago. I got one of the SDCC Destros and now look here...Nug's 25th Joes. (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/MoreGIJoes.jpg)

RUSHBOY
05-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Woah I like your Tomax and Xamot !! How did you get that quick kick I didn't know he was out already !!

darkagent
05-23-2008, 11:16 PM

That's good for me and my wallet. Plus I won't have to worry too much about waiting in line.

Forgot to mention that La Cienega Target today was a GI Joe Viper army builder paradise. There were about 20 when I left. There were also about 5 HISS drivers. Anyone in the area tomorrow might want to stop by.

figrin bran
05-24-2008, 02:23 AM

I would also like the Joe exclusive. man I have a very bad feeling that I might want to get all the 25th Joes.

and you're giving us crap for collecting the Joes? :p

darkagent, thanks for the tip! I'll try to go there tomorrow morning.

Jango Speck
05-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Saw Indy 4 last night- and now I definitely won't be buying any KOTCS merchandise. Anyone want to buy the movie poster from me? It's still rolled and sealed from swshop.com. What a depressing night out.

Turbowars
05-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Saw Indy 4 last night- and now I definitely won't be buying any KOTCS merchandise. Anyone want to buy the movie poster from me? It's still rolled and sealed from swshop.com. What a depressing night out.
What? I thought everyone was loving this movie. I haven't seen it, still not feeling to good, but i want to.

darkagent
05-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Got the Battle Rancor at Eagle Rock Target today. They actually brought it out from the stockroom for us. Just missed out on the Iron Man Titanium Man and new Iron Monger at Los Feliz TRU. They also had 1 Battle of Mygeeto BP, which a friend picked up.

bikerscout
05-24-2008, 03:28 PM
What? I thought everyone was loving this movie. I haven't seen it, still not feeling to good, but i want to.

i thought indy IV was good. Appropriate to the time period. Lots of action, a few cheesy parts, but didn't ruin the movie. Worth seeing at least once.

Jango Speck
05-24-2008, 03:41 PM
i thought indy IV was good. Appropriate to the time period. Lots of action, a few cheesy parts, but didn't ruin the movie. Worth seeing at least once.

While I have no interest in ever watching this movie again, or owning it, I think all fans should see it.

Turbowars
05-24-2008, 04:13 PM
What was so bad about it Speck?

BTW does anyone have those stickers that are inside of the 12" Indy figure boxes for the Mail away? I would like to buy them from you guys.

Jango Speck
05-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Turbo, you have a PM.

figrin bran
05-24-2008, 07:14 PM
So much for those 20 Vipers at La Cienega Target. When I got there this morning, there were absolutely no single carded Joes whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned that's the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back as far as my trying to find this line at retail. The Torpedo wave I only saw twice in the span of one weekend and then never again. Since I can't/don't hunt as often as many as you, I really have to luck into finding these figures or else get them off of HTS.

I picked up a BTAS Batmobile from Los Feliz TRU today. The Tumbler was probably there earlier in the morning when I was wasting my time at La Cienega Target :cry:

Mvader91
05-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Indy IV was as good as you allowed it to be.

mark2d2
05-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Can anybody believe how frigging PUNY the Indiana Jones sections are at Toys R Us? It's so maddening especially in light of those massive Speed Racer displays where nothing is even so much as touched day after day. . .

Will I ever find my single carded Marion? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

Chaddymac
05-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Can anybody believe how frigging PUNY the Indiana Jones sections are at Toys R Us? It's so maddening especially in light of those massive Speed Racer displays where nothing is even so much as touched day after day. . .

There's only one, Marion, right? The one with the monkey, in her red and white outfit?

I see her all the time. She looks like a dude, but I see her.

mark2d2
05-24-2008, 07:51 PM
That's the one. Seriously? You see her all the time? Crazy! Please stash one with good paint if you run across one as I am at my wits ends. :)

Jango Speck
05-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Indy IV was as good as you allowed it to be.

Yeah ok, whatever....

Mvader91
05-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Haterade anyone?

Jango Speck
05-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Can anybody believe how frigging PUNY the Indiana Jones sections are at Toys R Us? It's so maddening especially in light of those massive Speed Racer displays where nothing is even so much as touched day after day...........

Not only puny, but hard to find in the store. Even harder to find are the Wall-E toys. I don't understand why they don't have an Indy display up like they do for other "new" lines. I'm guessing there must be a requirement for them to keep that SpeedRacer stuff up. Has anyone noticed how much the Iron Man toys tapered off right before the movie came out, and they don't seem to be replenishing the figures anymore, just the Galactic Heroes sets. I would think the figures would stay popular for a few more weeks.

Commtech
05-24-2008, 11:11 PM

I just saw 2 of those Marions at Burbank Kay Bee Toys in the mall. This was a few minutes before closing. They should be there tomorrow when they open.

figrin bran
05-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Not only puny, but hard to find in the store. Even harder to find are the Wall-E toys. I don't understand why they don't have an Indy display up like they do for other "new" lines. I'm guessing there must be a requirement for them to keep that SpeedRacer stuff up. Has anyone noticed how much the Iron Man toys tapered off right before the movie came out, and they don't seem to be replenishing the figures anymore, just the Galactic Heroes sets. I would think the figures would stay popular for a few more weeks.

Speck, is there anything from Wall-E that you'd like stashed?

I guess Mattel must've paid TRU a ton of money for those huge displays.

I wanted to like Crystal Skull a lot but I just don't know...I regret having bought so many of the toys...like the Jungle Cutter for one. I would've been better served getting the Cargo Truck instead which I can't find anymore.

Jango Speck
05-24-2008, 11:40 PM

I saw the whole lot at TRU yesterday and don't really want any of it. I might buy the ultra R/C Wall-E later on, but we'll see.

bikerscout
05-25-2008, 07:39 AM

I guess Mattel must've paid TRU a ton of money for those huge displays.

I wanted to like Crystal Skull a lot but I just don't know...I regret having bought so many of the toys...like the Jungle Cutter for one. I would've been better served getting the Cargo Truck instead which I can't find anymore.

i saw the truck w/gun in the back (cargo truck?) at your favorite ghetto fabulous Panorama Walmart yesterday. It was loose on the rack, to the left of the indy figs.

Turbowars
05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Anyone interested in 06 Saga 12" Boxed,

Ewok 2 pack
Jawa 2 pack
Old ben
Jedi Luke
Garndian
Skiff lando

mark2d2
05-26-2008, 11:35 PM
I just saw 2 of those Marions at Burbank Kay Bee Toys in the mall. This was a few minutes before closing. They should be there tomorrow when they open.

Darn, I was out of town on sunday. . . I'll keep looking.

JediTricks
05-27-2008, 06:14 AM
I didn't care for Indy 4, my review (mostly spoiler-free) was entitled "Indiana Jones and the Letdown of the Year". I gave it a 5/10 and even that feels a little generous. I'm thrilled I didn't buy any of the toys (sorry Figgy, you had your chance ;)).

I did find 3 Indy with Horse sets at Fry's, and bought one, but at $13 a pop it's not surprising they were there - the basics are $10 each as well, no Marions though.