PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

santosha
04-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Found two Darth Vader TACs this morning at Target in Culver City, no coin album to be found. They were packaged by themselves anyone else seen this.

Tycho
04-02-2007, 10:55 AM
I'd guess they were returns by "coin collectors" who didn't want a repacked Darth :rolleyes:

This is a new one in the annals of collecting.

But my guess is that they got $7 or whatever back on their purchase of the coin album by returning Darth.

toonimator
04-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, if Vader's card has a UPC like the rest I'm sure anyone can do that by returning it on another basic TAC receipt. I hope it doesn't become widespread, but I'd be lying if I didn't think it was a clever way to get rid of a figure you don't want without resorting to slightly more despicable practices like popping a Battlepack Mace Windu into a Wal-Mart Saleucami BP. Whoever got the albums just decided they'd rather have a Galactic Marine and Lava Miner with them than a pair of crappy Vaders. Did the Vaders still have their coins packed in? Someone probably WILL buy 'em... whether it's a fan who just wants Vader, or a parent for a kid who doesn't care about the coins, or someone wrongfully thinking it's a rare variant. Better than the ol' TRU Mega-Buy 2-packs of Bail & Bail, at any rate.

On Saturday I went up to Valencia again, no sign of the WM BPs, but I finally found Cruisin' McQueen from CARS, single-carded. So I'm pretty much done with CARS until the Yeti comes along. Also scored a 2nd McTrooper from Stevenson Ranch TRU, guess they didn't have any SW collectors waiting outside at opening, got there 10 minutes late and it was still on the front of the pegs! Found a Modal Nodes BP for $15 (down from $20 a week ago), and judging by the Fiery Doomsday I saw, I just missed the blue Supergirl from DC Superheroes.

santosha
04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Yes the Vader Coins were still in the packs but that brings up the point will less than honest people start just removing the coins.

Tycho
04-02-2007, 01:00 PM
That's possible. Is the coin album labeled, so you put certain coins in certain slots?

If so, it'd be strange that a coin collector would want the album and not Darth Vader - though there might be coverage for that with the Vader stepping on Obi-Wan's empty cloak, else two Vader coin slots in the same album. I don't know. I'm not going to collect the coins.

The other thing might be a "VRHTF" Coin Album with Galactic Marine or Airborne Trooper showing up on eBay soon enough. :rolleyes:

Someone wants to try pawning this off and wants to make sure there isn't even a $7.15 cut in their profits. :upset:

toonimator
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Yikes, that eBay thought hadn't occurred to me, Tycho. That's probably exactly what'll happen (even worse, super-rare coin album with McQuarrie Trooper -- or still worse, if they got McFett early! -- showing up). Ugh. Some poor schmucks are gonna go broke while some idiots make a quick buck.

I don't think the album's labeled with names, just numbers.

santosha
04-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I just got my Bantha from Toys R us and it looks pretty good, the hair looks pretty real like they took it off a little Irish Terrier.

Tycho
04-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I just got my Bantha from Toys R us and it looks pretty good, the hair looks pretty real like they took it off a little Irish Terrier.

No. That was Britney Spears. :D

figrin bran
04-02-2007, 09:31 PM
On Saturday I went up to Valencia again, no sign of the WM BPs, but I finally found Cruisin' McQueen from CARS, single-carded. So I'm pretty much done with CARS until the Yeti comes along. Also scored a 2nd McTrooper from Stevenson Ranch TRU, guess they didn't have any SW collectors waiting outside at opening, got there 10 minutes late and it was still on the front of the pegs! Found a Modal Nodes BP for $15 (down from $20 a week ago), and judging by the Fiery Doomsday I saw, I just missed the blue Supergirl from DC Superheroes.

Toony, good to hear that you scored a Cruisin' McQueen carded single from WM too. i found one on saturday at the crenshaw WM.

to answer Commtech's question, i think we're not specifying exactly which Target because it's not one that very many of us frequent. the only ones to ever set foot in that store are probably Luuuuke and myself when i'm visiting family out there.

BlueSnags
04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070402.html

Jango Speck
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070402.html

I just hope there are some left on Friday when I have my shopping time slot.

Luuuuuuke
04-02-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't get it. Why won't you guys mention which targets so we know what's going in each area?:cross-eye

Same reason figrin bran expressed. Hardly anyone hits the Targets I do who is active on this thread. If I put something out, then I'm concerned I'm just letting scalpers know stuff. But if someone here PMs me I'd be glad to let them know.

Commtech
04-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Same reason figrin bran expressed. Hardly anyone hits the Targets I do who is active on this thread.

Oh ok. Thought it was something closer to the valley area.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
04-03-2007, 12:31 AM
i haven't seen it in person yet but there is an R2 mailbox across the street from the Grauman's Chinese Theater. there definitely should be one there considering how intertwined that place is with the OT!

supposedly there is also one by the LA Convention Center

K M Toydarian
04-03-2007, 12:50 AM
i haven't seen it in person yet but there is an R2 mailbox across the street from the Grauman's Chinese Theater. there definitely should be one there considering how intertwined that place is with the OT!

supposedly there is also one by the LA Convention Center

I noticed that box last week. It's across from the Coffee Bean, on the corner of the Roosevelt Hotel. I am working over there this month and happened to be across from the Chinese Theatre when the Stamp was unveiled Wednesday. Pretty big todo with characters in costume, and a lifesize R2. There were really nice promo standees of 3PO and R2 that I imagine will be in Post Offices.
On the toy front, I was hoping that the Order 66 packs would be on sale this week, as some Star Wars toys are at Target. The DPCI comes up full price. TAC and coin holders aren't even on sale, nor the Galactic Heroes, and those 3 are actually on the shelves. Only the Saga figs, Role play stuff, unleashed seem to be 10% off. Not sure if ships are.
I hope more Saga trickles through Target as I still need and Appo to finish that line (and WalMart wave, which I've abandoned hope on.)

CrunchyNug
04-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Those McQuarrie droids are darn sweet. I can't wait to add those two to my collection. The concept line this year is one of my favorites in a long time!!!

BlueSnags
04-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Those McQuarrie droids are darn sweet. I can't wait to add those two to my collection. The concept line this year is one of my favorites in a long time!!!

Yup - Hasbro hit a home run this year with the McQuarrie line. Thumbs WAY up!:thumbsup:

My 2 Banthas showed up today from TRU.com. The packages were smashed up, but they will be opened so it really didn't matter. I got the regular versions, not the reddish-brown variant. Pretty cool toy. I combed the Bantha's hair, so it looks much better than it did in the package.

CrunchyNug
04-03-2007, 01:52 AM
I combed the Bantha's hair, so it looks much better than it did in the package.

Does it come with a comb? Just like Hasbro to start making "My Little Bantha" now. Talk about cross-over!!!

BlueSnags
04-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Does it come with a comb? Just like Hasbro to start making "My Little Bantha" now. Talk about cross-over!!!

My Little Bantha, My Little Bantha
What will today's adventure be?
Will there be exciting sights to see?
Where will you wander? Hither and yonder
Letting your Tusken be your guide!
I'll be there right by your side
I'll be there right by your side:laugh:

CrunchyNug
04-03-2007, 02:12 AM
We should really get some sleep...:zzz:

stillakid
04-03-2007, 04:57 AM

No, but it cries and pees.

santosha
04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Target on Rodeo had Sith Infiltrator and V wing at 8.15am and they are on sale till the 7th of April 17.99.
Checked the Lone Darth Vader on the Scanner and it thinks it is Vader plus the coin album, so someone could have returned it and got the full price back and kept the album. Some unfortunate person is going to pay 9.99 for a vader.

figrin bran
04-03-2007, 10:58 AM

Hasbro won't stop there until they've made a Butterscotch sized Bantha! :shocked:

CrunchyNug
04-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Just scored TAC wave 2 at Target this morning. There was the usual Hotwheels Trio at opening. I generally don't bother with them, but today the long-haired scalper, we'll call him "the pony" cause of his hair, went straight for SW and quickly grabbed a Fett, then scurried off to get his cars.

A friend of mine and I were able to split the remaining 2 cases, so I made out just fine. There were 2 cases of TSC too, so I grabbed another Appo just for kicks.

I tried a couple more Targets on the way to work, but had no more luck. Still looking for the new ships.

BlueSnags
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Nice score, bro. Did you tear open one of those Fetts yet?

I just pre-ordered an "Early Bird" case of Wave 4. That'll be the best wave yet, with Holiday Special Boba, McQuarrie Vader, CZ-4, Jedi Luke, the Cantina Aliens and 3 UGHs!

darkagent
04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Target on Rodeo had Sith Infiltrator and V wing at 8.15am and they are on sale till the 7th of April 17.99.
Checked the Lone Darth Vader on the Scanner and it thinks it is Vader plus the coin album, so someone could have returned it and got the full price back and kept the album. Some unfortunate person is going to pay 9.99 for a vader.

Just came from that Target and bought the Sith Infiltrator (11am). Did you get the V-Wing? Didn't see the Darth Vader, so someone must have bought it.

santosha
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Sorry the Darth Vader was at the other Target in Culver City

Tycho
04-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I got the Sith Infiltrator and just opened it up. See my signature line. Grumble.

Jango Speck
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Just got back from a drive to Carson. Stopped by the Gardena and Carson Targets- nothing to be found (except lots of TAC Obi/R2/s at one of the locations). At the other location, the scanners had no inventory for the floor or the stockroom for Saga or TAC.

K M Toydarian
04-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Saw for the first time (for myself) Grevious and 3PO Titanium figures in the Valley. They were 19.99 and I pushed them behind a few slower moving toys just in case someone was looking for them. Didn't stash them too much, cause I rarely go to this store and figured the high price would keep them around. PM for the location anyway if you want them.
Nothing else new at that store though except posibly a wave 9 revision case. (an assortment of older figs with a couple wave 9, fifth fleet, etc, all in good condition).
Was really looking for first wave Zizzle Pirates, which I was able to find there! The Target clearance last month got me hooked on those!

darkagent
04-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Got my Bantha BPs today from Toys R Us.com. The boxes were in pretty good condition. The only problems was the windows were crushed. It's a good thing I got this under the buy one get one free deal, because I don't think I would have bought it if I had to pay $45 for just one.

swabie2424
04-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Also got my Banthas today from TRU.com. 2 fer 1 is the way to go on these things. Not my favorite toy ever... but I loves me the beasts so s'all good!

toonimator
04-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Burbank Target had the new ships in finally... big thanks to JodyB for hookin me up with the Infiltrator, I did end up buying it due to the sale. Figured I'd save $2 now, even if the kid's not getting it for a little while yet. Can't wait to tear into the V-wing! Also got Titanium Classic Cylon Raider, but no Battlestar Pegasus was on the pegs (too full of older SW, TF, and Spidey 3 I guess). No TAC figures, but plenty of TSC late-assortment revisions, from Carkoon Fett to Jango to Hoth R2 to Endor Luke to Appo.

santosha
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Target on Rodeo & LA Cienaga had nothing this morning, the best part was catching up with Funny Money and chatting about celebration IV.

CrunchyNug
04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Got me a pair of V-Wings this morning at Target. Nice to get these while they're on sale too. Can't wait to open them up tonight. Looks like I'm all caught up for the time being. Gonna snooze a little until w3 hits our shores.

For you JLU folks, I found Stargirl 3-pack yesterday at Target. Be on the lookout.:love:

Funny Money
04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Target on Rodeo & LA Cienaga had nothing this morning, the best part was catching up with Funny Money and chatting about celebration IV.

Good fun! After La Cienega Target I drove all the way to Century Blvd Target to find bare pegs as far as TAC waves, 66, and ships go. TRU La Cienega had zero as well,.. Unless You are looking for TAC Obi or R2s.

darkagent
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks to KM Toydarian for the Titanium stash. Also found a 501st Clonetrooper there too, which I've also been looking for. Didn't see anything else new today. Stopped by the Target on Sepulveda (near Sherman Oaks) and saw they were in the process of doing a reset (10:30am). Maybe they'll have something new later today.

Jango Speck
04-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Grabbed a V-Wing and stashed a Sith Infiltrator in Pasadena. PM for the location. What is with these weird Saga case assortments?

JodyB
04-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Found biggs luke and han today

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Spotted an Order 66 set yesterday at NoHo Target, it had Yoda... and nobody else. Someone stole the clone. :rolleyes:

K M Toydarian
04-04-2007, 06:55 PM
What is with these weird Saga case assortments?
Gotta agree about these wave 9 revisions. While it's nice to see an assortment of saga figs out, I was hoping we'd see a few more actual wave 9 figures in the wave 9 revisions (appo, clones, etc.) Is Appo such an army builder because he makes the best 501st trooper? I have yet to see him to complete the Saga figs, and now these new cases seem to be filling the pegs providing less chance I will.
There is certainly nothing going on at NOHO Target except for at least 15 Lushros and nobody else.
Saw that trooperless yoda order 66 pack though. Guess it's a post order 66 rare variant after Yoda wipes em out!

PS - Was someone looking for fig cases here a short while ago? I was cleaning out the closets and I have a few extra Target 5 pack ROTS cases (from the clearance) which work great for TAC. I like em cause they are slimmer than the new Hasbrotoyshop ones, but don't think I need them all. Was going to modify them for POTF2, before they announced the new design.

toonimator
04-04-2007, 09:54 PM
KM, wish I knew you still needed Appo! There was one today in the revision case at Burbank Target. Would've been nice if Hasbro had upped him to 2-per for a couple of those revisions! Instead there's tons of 5th Fleet in 'em, it seems.

K M Toydarian
04-04-2007, 10:08 PM
KM, wish I knew you still needed Appo! There was one today in the revision case at Burbank Target. Would've been nice if Hasbro had upped him to 2-per for a couple of those revisions! Instead there's tons of 5th Fleet in 'em, it seems.
No problem, I did stop in to Burbank this afternoon but couldn't tell if that case had an Appo or not. If you do see an extra anytime, I would love a stash. I'm afraid by the time he catches up to demand, like Cody did, or the wave 8 clones, that line will be phased out.

Jango Speck
04-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Sith Infiltrator stash claimed.

Luuuuuuke
04-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I can kiss using the DPCI at my favorite Target goodbye. They finally put one of those little signs saying they won't pull collectibles. That's like the third to do that recently in my area. Something or someone must have triggered it. Well, it was nice while it lasted. The last Target to do that around here has pretty much stuck to their guns, so you can't say they're not consistent.

santosha
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Nothing to report at the Rodeo /La Cienaga or Culver city target, although the Culver City Target had a raincheck pad with the Star Wars characters which said you could take it to the register and get the 5.97 sales price later. I have never used it before so I dont know if you need a slip for every item.

figrin bran
04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
i believe the raincheck is good only for one figure though this might be one of those policies that vary from store to store

toonimator
04-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Burbank Target had SOME of Wave 2 this morning, split between JodyB, myself, and another collector. Only one Boba Fett, one Biggs, and I THINK only one Han and Rebel Guard... 2 of the rest. I picked up a DS Trooper, Rebel Guard, and Han (who seemed to be the only one out of all without a smashed bubble). Some jerk employee at work, no doubt... for the missing figures, too! I had a Luke in my hand, but ultimately left him due to pretty bad paint, especially on the face (blotchy brown hair paint next to the nose)... not the best logic since I'd planned to give Luke a bit more color in his skin anyway, but I think he'll be around.

Still can't get over yet ANOTHER Vader saber on his belt, with Moisture Farmer Luke also planned with one.

santosha
04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the info.
Just found that Wave 2 showed up on Hasbro.com as coming soon. Last time they appeared early one morning and were gone very quickly.

Jango Speck
04-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Burbank Target had SOME of Wave 2 this morning, split between JodyB, myself, and another collector. Only one Boba Fett, one Biggs, and I THINK only one Han and Rebel Guard... 2 of the rest.

What pegs are these hanging on? Are they mixed in with Saga? I noticed two empty columns for Galactic Heroes, but nothing for TAC. I found one HoloCody (first one I've ever seen at retail), but left it.

Tycho
04-05-2007, 11:43 AM
OK, the signs went up at my Target yesterday.

I talked with the Toys Team Leader. He was nice while he was lying through his teeth. We talked for a while, too. But I caught him not being truthful with me.

First, he said to continue coming in the morning - they stock overnight. "Stock" is a technical term. There is also "Replenish," which they do periodically throughout the day. As it turns out, Star Wars is not STOCKED, it is REPLENISHED - after the morning collector crowd disappears. I went at store opening yesterday and walked away with nothing. I went again a few hours later, and they had the ships and figures (Wave 1 though). So they were REPLENISHED after our morning group left. :rolleyes:

They also had the rainchecks out. I took one each for my V-wings. I intend to get the discount. I don't really care too much about the whole $5-6 I'll save between two of them by going through at a lower price. But I care about being "paid" for my time listening to the Team Leader's lies.

I heard him brush on the subject that "if they put them out in the morning, it's an issue because the 'collectors' would buy out their whole inventory and when Moms & Kids came in, they'd have nothing. Thus they're purposely trying to hold stock for their normal hours customers - that's why I find them during the day. It is still playing games AGAINST your loyal customers who are the collectors if no one else.

Anyway, the issue is also that there's no way to perfectly determine sales. They could order too much and if the Infiltrator starts to sit, you get the picture. If they sell through their item (possibly all to one scalper / fleet building collector - as many of us would take 2 v-wings), they can't get their stock re-ordered fast enough.

But they're in business to make money. However, I can see how later-in-the-day tickets would be larger (people buying shampoo, clothes, and cookiees while the ship is an impulse buy). I don't know what the answer is. However, I got the rainchecks and it is my intention to visit the same Target at least twice more today. :rolleyes: After I'm done with Wave 2 (and I might just find the Galactic Heroes I'm missing) and I get the ships at the lower price, I won't have any reason to go toy shopping for a long while:

Future purchases:

Star Trek - at Comic Con, or it can be e-ordered
Terminator - nothing
Transformers - nothing (I'm not going for the movie junk when that hits. I have the Alts)
Star Wars - wave 3, SideShow Bubo (not in stores), New Galactic Heroes (non-priority)

So I barely buy new toys. I just don't like to be jerked around when I do! :mad:

santosha
04-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds right to me as I go in the morning and there is nothing new, I go the next morning and there are items that werent there the day before which would suggest that items were put out during the day.
On another note a freind of mine was at a Toys R Us and noticed that someone had layed out Hot Wheels on the floor to sort them, the manager came along and started taking photos of what had happened.
Is this to be a wave of retail stores that will now have it in for collectors because of a few people. We all spend money, we buy other things form the stores, will be forced to use the web which means the retail stores loose.

stillakid
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I heard him brush on the subject that "if they put them out in the morning, it's an issue because the 'collectors' would buy out their whole inventory and when Moms & Kids came in, they'd have nothing. Thus they're purposely trying to hold stock for their normal hours customers - that's why I find them during the day. It is still playing games AGAINST your loyal customers who are the collectors if no one else.

So I barely buy new toys. I just don't like to be jerked around when I do! :mad:

He has a point. Mom's and kids will stop going to Target (or wherever) to look for the items they want if they can never find them. You'd do the same. So if all the collector's want are toys and nothing else, the more valuable customers are those who go for everyday items PLUS toys if they are there. So if the toys are stocked at night to ensure that overaged collectors take them all before 8:10am, there is no incentive for Mom to go to that store for any toy when she knows from experience that they won't be there.

So, if they "replenish" during the day, if "Mom" wanders in and wants something, then it's there. If "Mom" doesn't happen to walk in that day, then the items will still be there in the morning for the collectors to take.

The upside for collectors is that they are encouraging you all to get a little more rest. :yes:

toonimator
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
The TAC pegs are directly beneath the TSC pegs... the 6.99 tag's not immediately eye-catching beneath 6.64s, but they're there. Only a couple. When we were talking about how the rest of the Wave 2 case must've gone out the back door, Plumber Bob (who'd gotten around to that side of the aisle finally) said "Well sometimes it's full so they can't put everything out" but 2 of the pegs (the actual TAC pegs) were all but empty, with only a couple TSCs on 'em. So that obviously wasn't the case. So that remark of his seems suspicious :p

Semi-related note, the Titanium pegs were again full today... and again the Battlestar Pegasus was NOT present. Only another classic Raider. Weird.

Tycho
04-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Any ideas on how the situation can ever be improved (after 11 years + of this?) :rolleyes:

In any case, my evil plans were foiled. I just got back from a 10:15am Target run. The role-play blasters were straightened, as it looks like the isle was "zoned," but nothing new was "Replenished." I can try again later (the store is just around the corner from me and I'll pit stop there while I go on other errands). But the point is, I can't trust the employees if I ask them to scan something to see if it's in stock. If they recognize me, they'll LIE.

Anyway, one more thing to add: this morning they must have been conducting job interviews. In addition to the usual 5 suspects (Hot Wheels guys plus me) there were like 10-12 people in suits (men and women), with business folder accessories likely holding their resumes. I saw one guy's and knew it was his resume for sure. He was actually studying it. (It must have read, "I'm Richard Nixon and..."

I seriously didn't know the employment situation was that desperate, but Circuit City just announced major layoffs as they can't afford to pay retail employees $12 an hour and want to hire folks closer to the $7 range. Some of the older guys there (we're talking 30's as older) were probably lay-offs. The younger ones (20's) were college kids. 10 to 1, the girls in their cute little business suit / skirts were going to get the jobs. It's sexist, but women are just hired more for that sort of thing as it's perceived they're more customer service oriented and if there is a male hiring manager, he might have delusions of exploiting them, while a female hiring manager might get off on bossing around other ladies. The males (especially older ones in their 30's) would be regarded as useless. Fortunately, Target was alleviating a lot of packing material that morning so they could borrow ample amounts of cardboard to make curbside help signs with. ;) (Well it's actually not that funny and it reminded me of how fortunate I may very well be, in spite of my illness - because if I didn't have resources, I might already be dead as I don't think I could handle going back to even a part time retail job, let alone full time work I'd probably qualify for).

BlueSnags
04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
McQuarrie Boba was just up on HasbroToyShop. One or two scalpers must've swooped in and gotten all of them - they were only up for a minute or two. I had two in my cart and they disappeared. The rest of the wave (minus the DS Trooper who is MIA) is up there now.

santosha
04-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Wave 2 TAC up on Hasbro Boba already sold out

santosha
04-05-2007, 02:14 PM
BlueSnags that was crazy how did that Happen?

BlueSnags
04-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Wave 2 TAC up on Hasbro Boba already sold out

The scalpers and hoarders are LOVING McBoba. No surprise there.

BlueSnags
04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
BlueSnags that was crazy how did that Happen?

Santosha,

They were up for maybe 1 min tops. I was checking the site all day. One or two guys ordered them all. I was able to add 99 Rebel Honor Guards to my cart, so they must have had an equal amount of Bobas (both 2 per case).

Just plain crazy.

darkagent
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Picked up 2 Illum BPs today at Target for $4.98 each. The store employee had just repriced them. Nothing new to report from Los Feliz Toys R Us.

santosha
04-05-2007, 02:23 PM
BlueSangs
I was watching too I clicked on it and it was sold out.
Possible someone has a bot to monitor it, but hardly seems worth it.

Commtech
04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Picked up 2 Illum BPs today at Target for $4.98 each. The store employee had just repriced them. Nothing new to report from Los Feliz Toys R Us.

Me too! but from La Brea Target.

BlueSnags
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Picked up a Titanium Cylon Raider from Burbank Target a little while ago. No Pegasus on the pegs for me either. Strange.

I was glad to score a Raider, though - very cool little ship.

Kidhuman
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Picked up 2 Illum BPs today at Target for $4.98 each.

Funny, I did the same thing about an hour ago here in Va.

BlueSnags is going to give me 50 of the 99 Honor Guards he ordered.

Luuuuuuke
04-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Saw a buttload of Illum packs at Commerce Target and a few at Pico Rivera Target. Passed. I don't care if they cost $1, they suck.

Commtech
04-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Saw a buttload of Illum packs at Commerce Target and a few at Pico Rivera Target. Passed. I don't care if they cost $1, they suck.

Well, for us fans of the animated series and for five bucks it's a great deal.:yes:

stillakid
04-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Found all the Order 66 two-packs at Sepulveda Target this afternoon. Very cool. Brightened my day. :D

Now I just need the rest of the coin guys and the ships. Anything else out that I'm missing?

metaljedi
04-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Was able to pick up 1 Rebel Honor Guard and 2 Yavin Luke's today at Target. They were the only TAC on the pegs. Still haven't seen the V-Wing or Sith Infiltrator.

BlueSnags
04-06-2007, 12:26 AM
BlueSnags is going to give me 50 of the 99 Honor Guards he ordered.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :beard:

BlueSnags
04-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Picked up some Tin sets tonight at Target:

2x TPM
1x AOTC
1x ANH
1x ESB
1x ROTJ

Only $6.25 each! Gotta love clearance sales.:bandit:

metaljedi
04-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Good find there! Wish my Targets still had the Tins.

santosha
04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Found at Jefferson Target the Vehicle wave, V wing and Sith 2 of each they were still there at 8.20am this morning. Nothing at the Target on Rodeo La Cienaga. Counted at least 60 AT-AT's at Toys R US in Culver City, with that many Im sure they will go on sale at some point.

Jango Speck
04-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Counted at least 60 AT-AT's at Toys R US in Culver City, with that many Im sure they will go on sale at some point.

That's what I said last year, and I never got one.

Commtech
04-06-2007, 11:40 AM
For you Tit lovers (and with that I mean Titanium), I stashed a Cylon raider, Luke's snowspeeder, and a Jabba's sailbarge at La Brea Target. PM me for location if interested.

santosha
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Mcquarrie Stormy and galatic Marine up on Hasbro right now

wampaslayr
04-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Mcquarrie Stormy and galatic Marine up on Hasbro right now

McStormy Sold out!!:(

Kidhuman
04-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Picked up some Tin sets tonight at Target:

2x TPM
1x AOTC
1x ANH
1x ESB
1x ROTJ

Only $6.25 each! Gotta love clearance sales.:bandit:

Hell yeah dude. Finally able to get the ROTJ tin I stashed 2 months ago for a good price. Also got the Ilum sets(2). Total was 15 bucks for all three sets.

Figrin is the best stasher around.

BlueSnags
04-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Hell yeah dude. Finally able to get the ROTJ tin I stashed 2 months ago for a good price. Also got the Ilum sets(2). Total was 15 bucks for all three sets.

You can't beat that with a stick!

figrin bran
04-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Figrin is the best stasher around.

dude, what do you mean? i've never stashed anything out in VA!

JediTricks
04-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Where are these $6 tins? I haven't seen them in a while, I never bought these things, I'd grab 'em at that price.

For you Tit lovers (and with that I mean Titanium), I stashed a Cylon raider, Luke's snowspeeder, and a Jabba's sailbarge at La Brea Target. PM me for location if interested.Yeah, I'm down with that, PM sending.

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 12:13 AM
yer too late JT i beat you to it :p

i thought you had those already?

Commtech, was there any Order 66 put out at that store?

JediTricks
04-07-2007, 12:39 AM
yer too late JT i beat you to it :p 'the hell??? You didn't post that you were PMing, lest I have not bothered on this.

i thought you had those already?Ha! Nope, I'm totally empty on this wave, no Pegasus, no Classic Raider, no Sail Barge.

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 12:50 AM
i was perusing the board from work today but had to cut it short because higher ups were lurking about, otherwise i would've posted "sending PM" or something to that effect.

i already have the sail barge so if it's still there for me tomorrow, i'll either leave it there or restash if another stash spot might be better. either way i'll let you know JT.

Jango Speck
04-07-2007, 12:58 AM
i already have the sail barge so if it's still there for me tomorrow, i'll either leave it there or restash if another stash spot might be better. either way i'll let you know JT.

I've seen plenty of Sail Barge tataniums in the last two weeks.

Commtech
04-07-2007, 01:25 AM
yer too late JT i beat you to it :p

i thought you had those already?

Commtech, was there any Order 66 put out at that store?

No order 66 out at that store. their scanner reads "in stock room", but that target is very strick with dates and releases.

Sorry guys, I should have posted once stash was claimed. My bad.

Luuuuuuke
04-07-2007, 03:05 AM
TRU has TAC 2 in case that hasn't been posted. Got a Death Star Trooper(they also had that dorky looking Luke and Han). This was at Alhambra TRU. And Pico Rivera Target had the Honor Guard Sentry, 2 Biggs Darklighter, and Luke. I just got Biggs. (Plus there was a single Galactic Marine, which I got).

I'm passing on the rest of TAC 2 except for Fett, if I find him. No Order 66 on the shelves. They did have a couple of the old package yellow Anakin starfighters for $17.99 in case anyone was interested.

Kidhuman
04-07-2007, 05:37 AM
JT, the tins were at Target on clearance.

Kidhumans ct reset his clock, which is why he is up so early.

Commtech
04-07-2007, 10:35 AM
i guess i found the rest of the tac 2 case you guys were talking about because i got BOBA, HAN, BIGGS and a REBEL HONOR GUARD, all smashed cards at Burbank Target. Now I still need the others and a MOMC Boba.

ORDER 66 was out also where the registers are. There were two sets on the end caps (got one) and 2 more cases on a cart ready to be put out. Sorry guys, those are hard to stash especially when they are all the way out to the registers. Nobody else was interested in them, not even plumber Bob, so they should last a few hours.

Turbowars
04-07-2007, 12:26 PM
The 66's lasted 1 hour before I got there. The only ones that weren't there was the Vader and Blue Commander and Annie and Airborn. I knew I should had set the alarm! I wanted that wave 2 too! I would had fought you for them fannypack!lol

toonimator
04-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I DID set my cell phone alarm, but forgot I'd only set it for weekdays. Oops! I hit Burbank TRU at 10am, only to find they opened at 8 today. Looks like they've been getting TAC finally (haven't been in a couple weeks) since there was a lone Obi-Wan left.

I'd have gladly joined in the melee for Boba Fett ;) Smashed cards don't bother me one bit, though I am contemplating a set of MOMC McQuarrie figures.

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Mr. Jeditricks, i've sent you an encrpyted transmission regarding titanium stashes

Tycho
04-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Wave 2 had hit my TRU last Thursday and sold out I found out from some friendly employees. I went there today following Target, as I could go on the same toy run since they opened today at 8am. They had a really good selection of TAC Wave 1 and Saga Waves 6,7,8,9. But there was nothing that I needed. I saw one of the only Appo's I've ever seen though.

Commtech
04-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I wanted that wave 2 too! I would had fought you for them fannypack!lol

LOL!!!!! I should wear that thing again during the hunt just for kicks!! :D

darkagent
04-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, went all over the San Gabriel Valley today and the only thing I found today was an Appo. No Order 66 packs out.

Commtech - I just sent you a PM. Thanks, I'll take it.

Figrin - Was that you at Eagle Rock Target at around 1pm today. I thought I saw you but you turned a corner and disappeared. Just wanted to say hi.

Does anyone know if WalMart will be open tomorrow?

wampaslayr
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Hit the mother lode today!! :pleased: Found McStormy at Valencia Target. Found TAC 2 at TRU Valencia (minus McFett of course). That ceremonial Luke is probably the worst figure Hasbro has ever produced. I have a feeling we're going to see lots of him on the pegs. Found all Order 66 Packs at Sepulveda Target. They had a bunch of them out, too, especially by the cash registers. Super WalMart in Valencia had remnants of Wave 8, plus lots of the Neyo BP and a couple sets of the WalMart exclusives (Wave 10).

Kidhuman
04-07-2007, 05:30 PM
WalMart only closes Christmas day.

Turbowars is a good trader.

stillakid
04-07-2007, 06:15 PM

The **** crows at midnight

I like cheese.

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, went all over the San Gabriel Valley today and the only thing I found today was an Appo. No Order 66 packs out.

Commtech - I just sent you a PM. Thanks, I'll take it.

Figrin - Was that you at Eagle Rock Target at around 1pm today. I thought I saw you but you turned a corner and disappeared. Just wanted to say hi.

Does anyone know if WalMart will be open tomorrow?

darkagent, it probably was me that you saw at Smeagol Rock. sorry i was in a hurry to get out of there so i didn't notice you.

thanks for the titanium stash Commtech! :thumbsup:

the only SW figures i got today were a $4.98 Ilum pack - now my CW Padme bust up can have legs

darkagent
04-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks to Commtech for hooking me up with a set of Order 66 2-packs.

Figrin - No problem, I was also in a hurry.

Luuuuuuke
04-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I got two more Order 66 Mace/Marine packs, another Utapau driver/Obi Wan pack and another Airborne Trooper/Anakin pack from Fontana Target(visiting sister in the high desert). I asked an employee if he'd check to see if they had some since I saw an empty Order 66 box and it was obvious they were already putting these out. I'm officially set--that's 4 Order 66 Marines, 2 Utapau drivers and 2 Airbornes. Those were the only ones I ever contemplated getting extras of.

Once again, the Target employee I asked was perfectly nice. He didn't even hesitate to help out. Of course it probably helped that they had clearly already put some out.

Turbowars
04-08-2007, 12:48 AM

What? Did I miss something?

Luuuuuuke
04-08-2007, 01:09 AM
A certain online store notorious for their scalping ways has Order 66 in stock, from $23.99(Utapau driver/Obi Wan) to $39.99(Mace/Galactic Marine). Since it's an exclusive, and it's just starting to hit the shelves in some places, you got to believe they got it by using the ole DPCI.

That DPCI is a two-edged sword. It reminds me of the one time I saw a paper with the name of this online dealer that someone seemed to forget in one of the aisles. It had pictures of certain action figures and other items. It looked like a print out. I always wondered whether it wasn't a kind of cheat sheet given to someone being paid just to go look for hard to find items for this online dealer.

NOt saying that's the case, but it was a real head scratcher.

darkagent
04-08-2007, 11:00 AM
It reminds me of the one time I saw a paper with the name of this online dealer that someone seemed to forget in one of the aisles. It had pictures of certain action figures and other items. It looked like a print out. I always wondered whether it wasn't a kind of cheat sheet given to someone being paid just to go look for hard to find items for this online dealer.

NOt saying that's the case, but it was a real head scratcher.

A friend of mine went to Target at opening this past week and found a Toyfare, open to the price guide section, sitting in the action figure aisle. :yes:

Hit a couple WalMarts today at opening and found no new Star Wars. I did find the new ML Series 2 though.

I had the whole set in my hands but then as I looked at them closer, I started to put them back on the pegs. The only figures I ended up getting were She-Hulk for myself and Thor for Commtech. It's not that the sculpting was really that bad on the figures (except Wolverine, who just looks awful), it's just that they're missing paint washes to bring out the detail. I really want the Blob figure, but I can wait until they go on clearance. By the way, the Jean Grey still looks bad. I actually thought I had the Dark Phoenix variant in my hand, but it wasn't.

Commtech
04-08-2007, 02:23 PM
a BIG thanks to Darkagent for the ML Thor hook up!

My Blob figure is now complete. I never thought I'd be happy to have a figure of a fat *** character. It's actually very cool looking. I think I'll start eating some cheeseburgers.

Jango Speck
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Drove down to San Diego and back today- figures it would happen on Easter when all Targets and Walmarts are closed....

JediTricks
04-09-2007, 04:27 AM
Target West Hollywood had nothing special on the pegs, just TAC mace & obi-wan.

Thanks for the leftovers stash Figgy!

JT, the tins were at Target on clearance. Wow, that's really unhelpful. :p The "which Target?" answer was what I was looking for.

BlueSnags
04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow, that's really unhelpful. :p The "which Target?" answer was what I was looking for.

JT,

Tins were found at Pacoima Target. They were an unclaimed stash, though - that's the only reason why they were still there at that price!:bandit:

santosha
04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Pegs empty on La Cienaga Target, Jefferson target also empty except for Coin album with Vaders.

toonimator
04-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Burbank Target had a ton of Order 66 this morning, and yet another revision case or two (this time with Veers! hadn't seen him in awhile). Stashed an Appo, KM, if you still need it! Pretty full TSC pegs, no TAC.

I picked up another AT-AT Driver for fodder, and checked on my Ilum BP stash -- still there! And finally marked down to $4.98, so now I'm the proud owner of two nifty chameleon droids, Jerjerrod-eyebrow Padme, and an outdated 3PO & R2 set :P Almost caved and bought the Anakin/501st set. Maybe later.

Jango Speck
04-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I stashed one set of Order 66- PM for the 411!

Funny Money
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Hit Target Manhattan Beach. I was bump drafted to the Star Wars section by a 60yr old Hot Wheeler. TAC WAVE 2! Luckily the lone Fett was on my set of pegs. The guy was so frantic that I stepped back and said, "Go ahead...". He said, "I'm only looking for one". Guess which one it was? LOL. He stood there as if I were going to hand it to him. He said," Ah, I found two last week any way", before he scurried off to join the other two scabs drooling over the HW section. Here's the thing,.. one Boba Fett. Looked like two cases were out. I know they went out the back door. I was there earlier this weekend and they were listed as "IN STOCKROOM- YES". I asked about the figures and I was passed off to 3 different Targeteers. The last guy knew WAY too much about the case breakdowns and bragged that last week, he found three Batmobile Hot Wheels worth $10 a piece. The figures I was interested in "are the old wave" he said:rolleyes: ... Whatever.

Went to TRU La Cienega and found zero. However I did finally meet Jody B! We shared stories of Hot Wheel douche bags and 'runners' and had a good chat.

BTW I had wanted to stash the rest of TAC 2 but the HW guy was hovering and I wanted out of there!

darkagent
04-09-2007, 02:04 PM
I picked up another AT-AT Driver for fodder, and checked on my Ilum BP stash -- still there! And finally marked down to $4.98, so now I'm the proud owner of two nifty chameleon droids, Jerjerrod-eyebrow Padme, and an outdated 3PO & R2 set :P Almost caved and bought the Anakin/501st set. Maybe later.

I forgot to mention that I returned 2 sets of Ilum BPs to that Target Saturday night. I managed to save myself about $30.

Also went to La Cienega Target today to pick up my Transformers Battle for Autobot City 2 pack I'd stashed. Not bad for $4.98. I noticed that they also had endcaps upfront by the registers earmarked for Order 66, like Burbank. Were they put out on Saturday?

darkagent
04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Jango - PM sent for the Order 66 stash.

Jango Speck
04-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Jango - PM sent for the Order 66 stash.

Check your PM's for the 411.

santosha
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
"Star Wars" the way it was meant to be....

http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/r2s2/

K M Toydarian
04-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Toonimator- PM sent for Appo stash:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Picked up the Master Replicas Darth Maul FX Lightsaber for half price at a local store. They had a few left - if anyone wants one, PM me for store info.

Commtech
04-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I stashed a titanium cylon raider at Van Nuys Target on Sepulveda. If interested, pm me.

Turbowars
04-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey for you lucky guys that hit the stores in the morning I'm looking for a couple of Mace's with Marine, Anakin's with Airborne and Vader's with Bow. Anyone seen any V Wings? I haven't seen any so far.

Commtech
04-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey for you lucky guys that hit the stores in the morning I'm looking for a couple of Mace's with Marine, Anakin's with Airborne and Vader's with Bow. Anyone seen any V Wings? I haven't seen any so far.

Target on Sepulveda had the mace and Vader 66s at 12 noon today. If I would've known you wanted them, I would have picked them up for you. You need to speak!! I doubt it they are still there by this time Mr. T.

Jango Speck
04-09-2007, 07:27 PM

I'll keep my eyes out for you. Today's stash was already claimed.

Turbowars
04-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Target on Sepulveda had the mace and Vader 66s at 12 noon today. If I would've known you wanted them, I would have picked them up for you. You need to speak!! I doubt it they are still there by this time Mr. T.I've asked a few times, but there's always so many posts I don't think anyone reads mine. :cry: :p

Turbowars
04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I'll keep my eyes out for you. Today's stash was already claimed.
Thanks Speak.

toonimator
04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
McQuarrie Luke figure was just revealed, as another Celebration exclusive! argh. I haven't decided for sure whether I'm going, but I know I want at least two of this guy AND the droids, for custom stuff. Hopefully the blurb about 'venue exclusive coin' is the main 'exclusive' driving point and they'll all be in the basic line on basic cards with regular coins later. One can hope!

I haven't the foggiest idea where to stash Order 66 with their fragile packaging... but if Burbank Target has as many tomorrow as today, I'll stash some for ya :) Those'd be GREAT sets... if they were just clones!

Turbowars
04-09-2007, 09:21 PM
McQuarrie Luke figure was just revealed, as another Celebration exclusive! argh. I haven't decided for sure whether I'm going, but I know I want at least two of this guy AND the droids, for custom stuff. Hopefully the blurb about 'venue exclusive coin' is the main 'exclusive' driving point and they'll all be in the basic line on basic cards with regular coins later. One can hope!

I haven't the foggiest idea where to stash Order 66 with their fragile packaging... but if Burbank Target has as many tomorrow as today, I'll stash some for ya :) Those'd be GREAT sets... if they were just clones!
Don't worry about the packaging. I'm going to open them! Thanks!!

That luke looks great. I love this Concept series!!http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20070409_2_bg.jpg

figrin bran
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
i had a sibling pick up a Bow and Blue Airborne set from Burbank Target. the only other one i want is the orange AT-RT driver so please stash if you guys find any

Turbowars
04-09-2007, 09:44 PM
i had a sibling pick up a Bow and Blue Airborne set from Burbank Target. the only other one i want is the orange AT-RT driver so please stash if you guys find any
Hell, last week the AT-RT pack was the only one I saw. Wish I had known.

Tycho
04-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I should've known. I didn't go out hunting at all today though. I didn't feel like it for whatever reason. I don't know that my Target got anything, but I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Funny Money
04-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Stashed a lone Ambush on Ilum BP at La Cienega Target just now. Must've been found by an employee 'cause it was in a "go-back" shopping cart in the middle of the aisle. PM me for location and you will soon have snow-bunny Padme for under 5 bucks:D

darkagent
04-09-2007, 11:47 PM

Thanks Jango for the stash. I just got back from Burbank Target and was also able to stash a few more Order 66 packs. One of them was the orange AT-RT. Figrin - PM me for the location.

I also stashed a Emperor/Commander Thire and a Yoda/Kashyyyk Trooper if anyone needs these.

santosha
04-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Rodeo / La Cienaga Target had one Order 66 of the Emperor, got it for my son to open for his clone collection, it was the last order 66. Nothing at the Target on Jefferson, got there about 8.30 this morning. So the order 66 was left over from yesterday.

toonimator
04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Nothing at Burbank Target but more TSC revisions (another Appo on the pegs, couple Kashyyyk Elite, etc). Saw some idiot coming from the Lowes lot blaze through the stop signs at the lot intersection in front of Target and clipped the rear of an SUV passing by on the road below. Fun way to start the day! :rolleyes:

Luuuuuuke
04-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Rosemead Target had a LOT of Order 66 by the cash registers as of about 9:10 a.m today. And yesterday Pico Rivera Target also had a fair amount.

wampaslayr
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Hit Valencia Target yesterday and did not see any of the Order 66 Packs out and I know they have them in stock. It didn't matter because I was able to get the whole set last Saturday including an extra Mace/Marine to open. Valencia Target did put out a whole case or two of TAC 2 around 1:00 pm. I passed one guy with an armload of each figure, so I thought I was too late. When I went to the pegs there was a Biggs, Honor Guard, and a Fett. Picked up the Fett and Guard and left the Biggs. TAC 2 is now complete. The only thing I am looking for now is the Sith Infiltrator.

Tycho
04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Crap. I'll have to play games and hit my Target several more times today since nothing was stocked for this morning. I'll have to see if it is "replenished" or they just don't have someone working toys overnight.

So 2 more trips. Grrrrr. I need V-wings and Wave 2 figures. I could care less about Order 66 two-packs.

Commtech
04-10-2007, 01:47 PM
After Burbank Target, I stopped by la Brea target on my way to work. Nothing interesting there. I tried to get them to bring me a case of TAC 2 at customer service and some dude was returning an Ilum and a Felucia betrayal battlpacks which I immediately bought for $4.98! They wouldn't bring out the TAC case though.

JediTricks
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
JT,

Tins were found at Pacoima Target. They were an unclaimed stash, though - that's the only reason why they were still there at that price!:bandit:Ah, thanks for the 411, good to know, I'll stop trying to track them down now.

figrin bran
04-10-2007, 09:22 PM
After Burbank Target, I stopped by la Brea target on my way to work. Nothing interesting there. I tried to get them to bring me a case of TAC 2 at customer service and some dude was returning an Ilum and a Felucia betrayal battlpacks which I immediately bought for $4.98! They wouldn't bring out the TAC case though.

how do you know it was TAC2? the DPCI is for all TAC figures and so it could've been more of wave 1. they haven't put out too much of wave 1 at that store.

Luuuuuke, you think any of those Order 66 packs will last until sunday at the rosemead store?

Turbowars
04-10-2007, 09:24 PM
His Fannypack is all knowing.:thumbsup:

Commtech
04-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes, but it holds powers that should be used wisely, not for mundane things like guessing case assortments. "With great power, comes... ah... you know what.

I was taking the risk of them bringing out a wave 1 TAC case. One more Concept Trooper wouldn't hurt anyways.

stillakid
04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes, but it holds powers that should be used wisely, not for mundane things like guessing case assortments. "With great power, comes... ah... you know what.

I was taking the risk of them bringing out a wave 1 TAC case. One more Concept Trooper wouldn't have hurt anyways.

One more? No wonder people like me can't find any. :mad: Between the employees sneaking sH** out the back door and other collectors pulling cases early, those of us who don't get up at the crack of dawn never see anything but Mace Windu pegwarmers.

Commtech
04-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Aw, come on. It's not like I'm army building those, which is something I would respect if someone else in this forums was doing. Just a couple on minty cards for the collection.:thumbsup: Everyone's got their own particular obsessions with this hobby.

Jango Speck
04-11-2007, 12:43 AM
One more? No wonder people like me can't find any. :mad: Between the employees sneaking sH** out the back door and other collectors pulling cases early, those of us who don't get up at the crack of dawn never see anything but Mace Windu pegwarmers.

If we don't know what you're looking for, we can't help you man! ;)

sithseeker
04-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Hi guys, been a while since I posted. Any opinions on these order 66 packs? Any good or not worth the time? Thanks.

Jango Speck
04-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Hi guys, been a while since I posted. Any opinions on these order 66 packs? Any good or not worth the time? Thanks.

I just opened mine tonight. The clones are fine, but the blue airborne's helmet is really loose. Unfortunately, none of the Jedi have much leg articulation (if any)- so I'll be dumping them onto ebay real soon.

K M Toydarian
04-11-2007, 03:42 AM

First off thanks to toonimator for the Appo stash, TSC is now complete enough!

Commtech, that was actually me this morning in WEHO. I was working in Hollywood and stopped by first. Bought a few battlepacks a couple weeks ago for 9.98, but realized I just don't need so many extra clones. They were just an impulse because they were half off, and I can live without an extra Illum pack. Glad you were able to get them. I also returned the extra Yoda 66 pack, after opening the first one and being unimpressed.

I am set for TAC wave 2 as I have a nice even case coming from EE (2 each), but after that, the waves suck, 1 of each new figure, and more extras. I'm afraid I'll have to buy by the case just to get the 1 per box concept figs. But still will want a second set of McQuarries.

stillakid
04-11-2007, 07:31 AM
If we don't know what you're looking for, we can't help you man! ;)

Thanks! :)

Sorry, I've been a bit under the weather and haven't been able to hunt as voraciously as most here seem to. So when I do get the chance to get out to look, hearing that so many are having cases pulled early just to rape the boxes of everything good before they hit the pegs is demoralizing. It makes me realize that actually going to the stores to look is a waste of time. This is likely what store owners have in mind when they try to limit collectors and put stock out in the middle of the day. They won't get my business at any time as long as I know that the things I want are going out the backdoor or being scarfed up early.

Just tryin' to have fun and have a life at the same time. :love:

Commtech
04-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Commtech, that was actually me this morning in WEHO. I was working in Hollywood and stopped by first. Bought a few battlepacks a couple weeks ago for 9.98, but realized I just don't need so many extra clones. They were just an impulse because they were half off, and I can live without an extra Illum pack. Glad you were able to get them.

Thanks!:) I'd been wanting to buy the felucia pack at a clearanced price.:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
04-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks! :)

Sorry, I've been a bit under the weather and haven't been able to hunt as voraciously as most here seem to. So when I do get the chance to get out to look, hearing that so many are having cases pulled early just to rape the boxes of everything good before they hit the pegs is demoralizing. It makes me realize that actually going to the stores to look is a waste of time. This is likely what store owners have in mind when they try to limit collectors and put stock out in the middle of the day. They won't get my business at any time as long as I know that the things I want are going out the backdoor or being scarfed up early.

Just tryin' to have fun and have a life at the same time. :love:

First of all, the frequency that stores re-stock the pegs really sucks in general. Don't lump us collectors in with the scalper scum. The reason we got cases pulled from the stockroom was to ensure we had some wave 1 and order 66 before the scalpers took them all. It's aggressive, but sometimes necessary. Now that wave 2 is out, I don't think we'll be pulling cases because they all have the same DPCI number (Target), so you can't be sure what they'll have. Most of us regulars have been really good about hooking eachother up lately- so just hang your wish list up and we'll do what we can to help out. By the way, you can order from EE or Hasbro too. Some of us have been known to split a case from EE from time to time. Don't give up, this years offerings are great, and a lot of figures are going to re-appear in later waves.

santosha
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
La Cienaga / Rodeo Target had Order 66 near front registers this morning. No wave 2 TAC. It was still there at 8.30 this morning. Culver city Target had nothing but did see an old lady who was at least seventy check hot wheels for I guess was her 40 year old son. Do you have this one or this one, dont know if he was a scalper but I though it was an interesting event.

toonimator
04-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Burbank Target stocked even MORE TSCs today, completely filling all the TSC pegs and both TAC pegs. 3 Appos, 1 Combat Engineer, several R2s and Veers and 3POs and AT-AT Drivers, and a veritable army of DS Gunners are haunting the pegs along with at least 3 Carkoon Fetts and oodles of other stuff we all got weeks if not months ago. May be awhile before Wave 2 shows up there on the pegs again :(

I picked up the NERF Rebel Blaster since it now comes in blue! Not as good as the black from Comic Con (and the back of the first batch of packaging), but better than the green it had been. The back of the blue box shows the blue Rebel blaster, clone blaster, AND a blue Grievous blaster. Ugh.

Jango Speck
04-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Saw the full Saga pegs at Target- it's a great day if you are a kid who missed all that good stuff from last year. I can't believe they have all this Saga stock coming in, and they won't put out TAC. Will we ever see Legends? (Not that I care).

Luuuuuuke
04-11-2007, 12:15 PM

If you like to keep your collection in the package, it's a nice set to have. If you like to open stuff, and you're a fan of clones, it's a mixed bag. Some of the clones are really cool looking(the Galactic Marine stands out in my opinion), and some round out your troops nicely because they are specific commanders, like Commander Bow and Commander Thire. The Airborne trooper has the typical helmet problems and the Utapau driver looks good with other Utapau clones, even if you just get one or two of them. The Kashyyk trooper is horrible though.

santosha
04-11-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree, my son I opened the Commander Thire last night and he has two pistols and would work with the red clones for army building. Yes the Kashyyk trooper looks like a 2 yr old painted it.

Tycho
04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I met a Rebelscummer in the toy isle at my Target. He was cool. And I talked to that guy I met a few weeks ago at Sears, as he was there, too.

The guy from RS had wave 2 from another Target, (as well as the Order-66 packs) but was looking for more Wave 2. He was cool and we talked for about an hour actually, as did the other guy I knew from Sears. It was kind of a mini-convention of sorts.

There was an employee "zoning" the toys at the time, but nothing got stocked. I think he might've just been waiting for us to leave. I'm not sure.

toonimator
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Forgot to mention, I gave the Sith Infiltrator to my gal's son for Easter, so I got to play with it a bit. I actually like it a lot! I don't care for the spongy landing gear that make it lean to one side mostly, but the wings are neat, the missiles too (okay the probe droid ones are kinda lame), and it looks neat in 'battle mode'. Cockpit looked nice and fit plenty of figures. I doubt I'll get one for myself, but I would've loved it as a kid. G/f's son enjoyed it too, liked capturing figures as if the opening front was a clamp, like so many toys have done in the past.

figrin bran
04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone, if Burbank keeps getting in Appos, please stash some for me!

thanks!

to add to Luuuuke's comments about Order 66, Commander Bow has some strange orange-ish markings around the knees.

Jango Speck
04-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey everyone, if Burbank keeps getting in Appos, please stash some for me!
thanks!

Toonimator and others must have had their fill by now, because at 9am, I grabbed the two remaining Appos. It might start getting easier to find them now.

UPDATE: I have two extra carded TAC Airbornes that I'll be returning to Target this weekend. PM me if you are interested. I'm willing to trade one for a Concept Stormie, if anyone has an extra.

toonimator
04-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Yep, I have 2 Appos for myself, but that's it. I'd rather wait for the Legends 501st to get a few more for the ranks.

This morning was pretty good at Target! Commtech and swabie can spill the beans on their finds, but they got good stuff. Commtech gave me the only McFett there (more shady Target pulls in the stockroom) and later got a call from a friend at La Brea Target who grabbed 2 Fetts for him, so his karma was good to him :) Thanks again! I also bought Luke and Biggs, so my Wave 2 set's complete. Time for extras!

Also got an Obi-Wan spring-action saber for my g/f. She might be turning into a Star Wars geek after all! I opened Fett -- awesome! Only disappointing bits are how loose the waist joint & belt are and how soft the rangefinder and flamethrower stem are. Looks great, poses well, and that blaster will make a nice stand-in for Fett's ESB sidearm with the stock removed. This is the real beginning of the new McQuarrie line in my book, and it's off to a good start!

Tycho
04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Got my SideShow 12" Endor Rebel Strike Team by way of FedEx this afternoon.

Very cool deal. I'll post in the SideShow forum. If you're interested, I'll see ya there.

darkagent
04-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Got my SideShow 12" Endor Rebel Strike Team by way of FedEx this afternoon.

Very cool deal. I'll post in the SideShow forum. If you're interested, I'll see ya there.

I've missed the FedEx guy the past 3 days. Looks like I'm going to have to go pick it up from the FedEx Ground center this weekend. :(

figrin bran
04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Toonimator and others must have had their fill by now, because at 9am, I grabbed the two remaining Appos. It might start getting easier to find them now.

UPDATE: I have two extra carded TAC Airbornes that I'll be returning to Target this weekend. PM me if you are interested. I'm willing to trade one for a Concept Stormie, if anyone has an extra.

Speck, i'll take you up on this trade. PM sent shortly

K M Toydarian
04-13-2007, 03:19 AM
Saw the leftover Biggs pilot and Han Gunner at LaBrea Target at 8:45 this morning. With the even case assortment, those should be easy to find soon, once TAC hits in full force. Didn't have time to stash, had to buy work stuff before 9am. Did pick up a few nifty dollar Star Wars ballpoint pens at Target NOHO later that morning.
Will NOHO ever get any new figures? The Lushros army seems to grow every day!

Commtech
04-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Decided to hit NOHO target today. Yes, no signs of TAC and the Lushros army is still there leaving no space for new stuff. Saw good ol' headphones and Hootie. I don't think I'm going back to that target in a while.
I went to Burbank Target afterwards and saw a ton of Order66 packs by the registers (arond 6 sets). There were also 2 Tac Hans and a rebel Honor Guard. I think I saw toon's car but I didn't see him inside. Probably doin' some stashing at another section of the store.:thumbsup:

wampaslayr
04-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Found a second McStormy at the DeSoto Target yesterday. They just replenished the pegs at around 5:00 pm. They had a few of the Order 66 packs by the registers. The little red scanner indicated more TAC figures in the storeroom.

toonimator
04-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I WAS at Burbank Target... probably on the other side of the store getting soup :p

Got there in time to see the doors open, but only Plumber Bob was grabbing TAC figures (the other guy similar to Headphones' outfit of jacket & backpack was there rifling through the TSCs only, it seemed). I grabbed an Honor Guard, then Bob spun around and pushed his Honor Guard and Concept Fett into my hands! Weird! He told me later by the Order 66 sets that he's trying to cut back, so maybe that'll work out for us. I put one Honor Guard back, picked up the other & Fett, as well as the Anakin/Airborne and Mace/Marine sets (Anakin for me, Mace for g/f's son) and after stashing some other Order 66s I found another Ilum pack freshly placed on the clearance endcap, so got that for the boy, too.

Turbo, PM sent for the Order 66 ;)

darkagent
04-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Hit Eagle Rock Target this morning. Had a Hot Wheels/scalper in front of me poke his head into the Hot Wheels aisle, see nothing new and then dash to the Star Wars figures. There were only 4 TAC figures on the pegs. Obi Wan, Airborne Trooper, Concept Stormtrooper and Concept Boba Fett. He grabbed everything (except Obi Wan) including the Concept Stormtrooper I had my hand on. He was nice enough to give me the Boba Fett, thinking that wasn't the "hot" figure. :p

It's weird that the only new figure was Concept Fett.

Eagle Rock Target has their Order 66 packs by the registers downstairs. They had plenty of ObiWan/AT-RT packs and a few of the others.

Commtech
04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I WAS at Burbank Target... probably on the other side of the store getting soup :p

Got there in time to see the doors open, but only Plumber Bob was grabbing TAC figures

What? Plumber Bob went to the SW section before hitting the Hot Wheels section? Strange.

Yes, Headphone's twin mainly collects Titaniums. He's no threat for action figures.

santosha
04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
La Cienaga/Rodeo Target had nothing this morning, Target on Jefferson had the next wave of unleashed and a mixture of Saga figures from wave 2 to wave 9. It looked like a cobb salad of star wars toys.
Picked up the unleashed wave.

Tycho
04-13-2007, 11:51 AM
My Target's shown no signs of TAC wave 2. I didn't go Thursday, however.

Today they had stocked:

New Unleashed packs with Tuskens, Greedo/Garindan, Jawas/R5 etc. That stuff looks good actually, but I don't want to collect it.

BattlePacks: Geonosis and Dagobah X2

Vehicles - new (old) case:
Vader's Sith Starfighter
Hailfire x 2
AAT Tank
White TIE Fighter x 2

Figures (all Saga):
AT-AT Driver
Yoda x 2
Jango Fett
C-3PO w. Battle Droid head option
R2D2 Hoth
Darth Vader Bespin
Luke Endor
Endor Rebel (white)
Obi-Wan (TPM)
Obi-Wan (E3 GB I think)
Anakin x 2 (E3 GB also I think)
General Grievous

Maybe I'm missing someone from my list, but it wasn't any TAC or anyone new.

I have to give them credit for this: if newbies enter the isle, they would have much of what they need. I am starting to see guys (approximately 30 years old) show up who I've never seen before. A guy quickly ducked out of the Star Wars toys when I arrived late today (8:05 am). They didn't have anything I missed though. That much I could tell.

But I don't know if he was a newbie or an alternate-area-shopper (like a guy away from his home-store). I didn't figure him for a scalper though. He didn't look like a scalper*

*How a person can look like a scalper (before they have toys in hand):

- they've worn the same clothes all week.
- they are unkempt, like they don't need to take care of themselves because all they do is stalk retail toy isles.
- they look like they live between retail store openings and swap meet hours without much sleep
- they carry themselves anti-socially such that they aren't enthusiastic about the stuff so much as they don't see their lives getting any better so they can do anything else.

- An "eBay fat cat" might not fit this stereotype. They're pretty dangerous, too. As they've been successful doing this somehow. They might be proprietorship store owners, but usually the ones smart enough to not have Hasbro direct accounts.

Luuuuuuke
04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Funny what you see when you don't work a day and you can hit the stores that open at 10 a.m.

Went to KayBee in Montebello mall and the store wasn't even opened yet, and I see two guys, including one I know is a dealer at Frank and Sons, already in there. The "shutters" were lowered almost all the way down too.

So I guess these guys have some special privilege. There was no TAC, otherwise I'm sure they would have grabbed it. Instead they went straight for the little cars, Hot Wheels, some other stuff.

Montebello TRU had literally no TAC basic figures. Just looking for the Fett at this point. I'm guessing some of these guys really don't work. I mean, I see them all the time around 8/9 a.m. at Target, but now I'm realizing they're also hitting stores at 10 a.m., and dressed casually. Do they even work? Is scalping their job? Are they their own bosses? Do they have flexible hours, or do they skip out of work? WTF?

I did hit the Pico Rivera Wal-Mart and they had two Galactic Marines and an Airborne trooper. I passed. In fact, I've passed on about 10 Galactic Marines since I got my ningth. I've been seeing quite a few of these, but less Airbornes.

But apart from the one Concept Stormtrooper I got in the very beginning, I've never found a single concept figure.

Jango Speck
04-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Got to Burbank Target at 9am and grabbed a Han and Rebel Honor Guard. No signs of Order 66 at the registers.

toonimator
04-13-2007, 02:13 PM
:shocked:

I left there around 8:20... in the next 40 minutes someone bought ALL of those sets?! Even after my purchases & stash, the shelves were pretty full! Were the Transformers still there on the top shelf?

Commtech
04-13-2007, 02:54 PM
:shocked:

I left there around 8:20... in the next 40 minutes someone bought ALL of those sets?! Even after my purchases & stash, the shelves were pretty full! Were the Transformers still there on the top shelf?

:shocked: And I left there probably 10 minutes after you toon! There were a bunch of those. Someone spent close to $500 buying all of them! I didn't know you needed more JS, otherwise...

Luuuuuuke
04-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Some of the online dealers are selling the Order 66 packs for double and triple the price, so you know they have to get these exclusives directly from the stores. I wouldn't be surprised if every so often dealers--wehter online or Frank and Scummers--send people out to clear the shelves. Having plenty of stock on the shelves isn't good for their business, so they have to create a demand. Order 66 shouldn't be that hard to find. But I bet dealers/scalpers make it hard to find them eventually. That's why i think if you can afford them and want them now, you shouldn't wait just because you're seeing them right now.

toonimator
04-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I noticed someone's been doing that with the JLU figures there, I think. The Headphones "buy out the pegwarmers and return 'em later or elsewhere" method. The other day there were two pegs completely full of Batman & Superman, and one almost full of the same plus a Steel. Now there's only that one almost-full peg left! The worst part is, whenever it's stocked again, the leftover Bats, Supes, Flashes, and GLs will clog the pegs up just as quickly, so I hope whoever did it won't return 'em there now or it'll be ages before a new figure shows up.

Or, someone could've just stashed 'em all in hopes that the empty pegs would get filled?

Jango Speck
04-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I didn't really look at the first few registers, but as I walked down to the open register in the middle, I didn't see any leading up to it or after it. Normally I see the Transformers on the first/second register, but today I just ignored them. If anyone has extra Wave 2 stuff, I still need Biggs, Luke, DS Trooper and a Fett.

Tycho
04-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Funny what you see when you don't work a day and you can hit the stores that open at 10 a.m.

Went to KayBee in Montebello mall and the store wasn't even opened yet, and I see two guys, including one I know is a dealer at Frank and Sons, already in there. The "shutters" were lowered almost all the way down too.

That would tick me off. They must have either paid for their priviledge, or established relationships, or maybe it was an ethnic thing (people working in management of the KB being of the same ethnicity as the scalpers, thus bending the rules for them - I've seen that happen).

I'm guessing some of these guys really don't work. I mean, I see them all the time around 8/9 a.m. at Target, but now I'm realizing they're also hitting stores at 10 a.m., and dressed casually. Do they even work?

Well, I don't scalp, but I could shop then, and dressed casually as well. I'm really medically disabled now, but I have a herditary illness and was an only child. Since my father died from kidney disease (and I lost my mom to cancer), for the time I have left (which could be 2 years to 30 with a transplant or two), I won't have to work. Only-heirs have advantages. They just don't have family any more. That being said, I'd have no reason to scalp toys though. I buy for me, (occasionally army build) and when an opportunity presents itself, others I trade with in San Diego for the past 10 years and some folks on this site.

But when I was working after college, I was a financial planner and a local government officer. I was in a suit and tie when I had appointments, and tried to schedule them all after lunch, though I often attended meetings until as late as 10 or 11pm at night. I could shop retail toy isles until 1pm (not that I did), but all unshaven and wearing my sweats (not that I did - but sometimes, especially when I got up late for "Target Time.") So I might've "looked" like a scalper even while I worked as a professional. As of lately, I don't even have to look like a professional, but usually prefer to if I don't just barely get out of bed to make the store openings.

Is scalping their job? Are they their own bosses? Do they have flexible hours, or do they skip out of work?

Any or all could be the case. If you'd prefer their lifestyle, adapt your own (maybe not by scalping - there's what I estimate as a low-income field). It doesn't matter if you'll get $150 for a Celebration Exclusive figure. That's a lot for maybe a minimal amount of non-professional work, but it doesn't cover the rent.

But apart from the one Concept Stormtrooper I got in the very beginning, I've never found a single concept figure.

I think the Concept Figures are big scalper-bait right now. The thing is, all of them, including Fett, will be out again in case revisions by Christmas time. Hasbro (if packing them 1 per case) has a business goal of making so much money over their outlay for any given injection mold they cast for a figure, and certainly the concept figures are costing them in their early quarter returns. So please pay $30 for a $6.99 figure. :rolleyes:

Let the scalpers continue to think they're making a lot of money: $20-40-60 a day (how many of the Fetts could they come by in one day anyway?) and mind you that if you worked retail all day (8 hr shift at $8 an hour) - you'd make the same amount. Scalpers aren't getting rich. They instead run all over the place every day, worried about beating other scalpers and collectors, do make what a guy who never went to college does - or even less for every day they don't find anything or can't sell it. And if they live with their parents forever, they might save money. Or if they are fellon or non-English speaker, or just a non-socially-integrated individual, it is their opportunity to carve out some semblance of an occupation they can do without having to be liked at a hiring interview. (Honestly, would Target even allow Headphones to work there?)

Turbowars
04-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Got there in time to see the doors open, but only Plumber Bob was grabbing TAC figures (the other guy similar to Headphones' outfit of jacket & backpack was there rifling through the TSCs only, it seemed). I grabbed an Honor Guard, then Bob spun around and pushed his Honor Guard and Concept Fett into my hands! Weird! He told me later by the Order 66 sets that he's trying to cut back, so maybe that'll work out for us. I put one Honor Guard back, picked up the other & Fett, as well as the Anakin/Airborne and Mace/Marine sets (Anakin for me, Mace for g/f's son) and after stashing some other Order 66s I found another Ilum pack freshly placed on the clearance endcap, so got that for the boy, too.

Turbo, PM sent for the Order 66 ;)Thanks dude! I'll head over there soon! Man if any of you see any of Wave 2 I'd like it. I haven't seen it yet. A few Honor guards and at least one Fett would be Killer! I have to work tomorrow so I can't hunt tomorrow. Just before I got out of work they said they needed me to come in. DAMN!!

swabie2424
04-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey all - I scored a full set of Order 66 the other day at Burbank Target. As toony said... we scored that day. I had most of the wave 2 set... but I passes to tonny and commtech since I have an EE set coming. :)

I still need that damn Vader coin thing. Anyone sees one in Burbank or NoHo... please stash. Thanks.

stillakid
04-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I still need that damn Vader coin thing. Anyone sees one in Burbank or NoHo... please stash. Thanks.

I've got an extra one sitting at EE right now that I haven't picked up yet.

Commtech
04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Hey all - I scored a full set of Order 66 the other day at Burbank Target. As toony said... we scored that day. I had most of the wave 2 set... but I passes to tonny and commtech since I have an EE set coming. :)

There were around 8 coin albums at NOHO Target this morning. Some might still be there if you have the time.

Turbowars
04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks dude! I'll head over there soon! Man if any of you see any of Wave 2 I'd like it. I haven't seen it yet. A few Honor guards and at least one Fett would be Killer! I have to work tomorrow so I can't hunt tomorrow. Just before I got out of work they said they needed me to come in. DAMN!!
There was a butt load of 66's at Bur Target at around 5. The stash was gone, but like I said there was plenty! Now to find wave 2. :twisted:

Luuuuuuke
04-14-2007, 12:36 AM
That would tick me off. They must have either paid for their priviledge, or established relationships, or maybe it was an ethnic thing (people working in management of the KB being of the same ethnicity as the scalpers, thus bending the rules for them - I've seen that happen).

Nah, they weren't of the same ethnicity(the KB employee was Latina, and the two scalpers/collectors were Asian). I've never seen ethnicity become an advantage in collecting or scalping yet, thank God.

I think what happened is the employee is young and too nice, and she doesn't know how to say no, even though I'm sure she knew she wasn't supposed to be opening early for these jerks. In fact, the employees at this KB are very, very nice. But I have a feeling they can be pushed around. One of the guys--who might be a super aggressive collector more than a scalper--owns a luxury car, so he ain't poor, that's for sure. The other dude is a balding severe-looking guy who I've seen dealing at Frank and Sons; I saw that guy hoarding a bunch of Hello Kitty water coolers a few months back:rolleyes: He looks like a skinnier version of the Chinese take-out owner who bans Seinfeld from his restaurant in one of the shows.

figrin bran
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
where are all you guys today?

Thanks Speck for the 2 Airbornes.

found Order 66 at all 4 of the Targets i visited. Bur Target had the most by far.

i picked up a Yoda and Vader dry erase boards from the dollar bin at one location. i actually thought about stashing some but didn't really know if any of you want it.

Luuuuuuke
04-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Rosemead Target has a ton of Order 66 and I saw an unopened case in a cart near the front registers, so obviously they're ready to put out even more. The only Targets I know of that don't have much stocked are the Alhambra Target and Commerce Target.

Haven't found Fett. This morning two guys that normally power walk to the Hot Wheels went straight to Star Wars. Miraculously, I got there before they did(I think they slacked off cause they know I don't run or walk too fast). But all they had was an Airborne and a Galactic Marine, none of which I'm getting anymore.

BlueSnags
04-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Picked up the 4 TRU-Exclusive Ultra Titanium ships today at TRU. They are very cool, especially the shark-painted Gunship. Much like the last two Titanium figures (Maul and X-Wing Luke) were the best of the series, these final four vehicles are the best of the bunch (and also the last).

figrin bran
04-15-2007, 12:21 AM
I forgot to mention that i picked up the Ultra CW Gunship as well. it was actually in the overhead storage at this particular TRU. if i see them again, i'll pick up the JSF as well.

Commtech
04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Picked up the TRU Excl. Clone wars gunship today at opening, which is the only one I'm interested in. I let plumber bob have the jedi starfighter.:p

I also went to Burbank Target at around 8:30. There were A LOT of Order 66 packs on the register shelf AND FOUR complete cases in one cart waiting to be put on the shelves. According to my calculations, there were around 14 sets in total!!

Turbowars
04-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Picked up the TRU Excl. Clone wars gunship today at opening
Were there any left?

Hey if anyone runs into a Concept Fett or V-wing I'd love to have them! Thanks.

swabie2424
04-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Didn't go hunting today. But I did see Turbo at the barbershop! :thumbsup:

stillakid
04-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Found a Lava Miner coin figure at DeSoto Target this morning. They also only had a bunch of R2s, Mace, and Obi coin figs plus some of the older rereleases. Nothing extraordinary.

TRU on Topanga had very little. A couple Luke Dagobah Xwings up high and an Endor ATAT. A bunch of Vader coin albums. No figures at all to speak of.

Turbowars
04-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Didn't go hunting today. But I did see Turbo at the barbershop! :thumbsup:
LOL, hey that guy that that was cutting your hair never shuts up does he. He's a nice guy and he has cut my hair, but he seems to get distracted with his talking. :p

Found a Appo today at BurTar, but nothing else. Where the hell are all the V-wings? Something tells me that Crunchy has them all....... If I don't get a Fett soon I'm going to throw a fit!lol

Tycho
04-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I like getting my hair cut at Supercuts. I only get a clipper ran all over my head these days, but it's worth going there to have the girls who work there thrust their cleavage into your face while they ask, "There: does that look good?" :thumbsup:

I go every 10 days. In fact, if my hair would only grow faster, I'd repeat the experience even more frequently!

CrunchyNug
04-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Where the hell are all the V-wings? Something tells me that Crunchy has them all.......

You talking about these?

Tycho
04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Very cool picture CrunchyNug. I wished I could find those ships! I stand in admiration of your toys!

I won 2 black uniform Clone Pilots (Shadow Pilots, if you will) on eBay to use for my V-wings - whenever I can finally find them.

My Target just got a case of the vehicle assortment, but it was the one with Vader's Sith Starfighter and the Hailfire, AAT, etc. That will have to sell through before they order more. But they do move.

Anyway, I have 2 Firespeeder Pilots I was saving in case they ever made a Firespeeder vehicle (would that be cool?) but I like considering the idea you present here for a scene. I was just going to hang the V-wings from my ceiling, but that is very cool. Nice job CrunchyNug.

Turbowars
04-15-2007, 05:43 PM
You talking about these?No the other 10 you have in your garage. :thumbsup:

Turbowars
04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I like getting my hair cut at Supercuts. I only get a clipper ran all over my head these days, but it's worth going there to have the girls who work there thrust their cleavage into your face while they ask, "There: does that look good?" :thumbsup:

I go every 10 days. In fact, if my hair would only grow faster, I'd repeat the experience even more frequently!
Every 10 days? Your damn hair must grow really fast or those boobs must be really nice.:p

CrunchyNug
04-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I feel like I've been out of the loop for a while cuz my wife finally had our baby last week. It's a boy...and yes, we've already watched Star Wars. It's been an interesting transition to parenthood I tell you.

swabie2424
04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Congrats, Crunchy.

And yeah, Turb.... the dude definitely has attention deficit disorder. He can't focus for more than 2 seconds. Took him like 45 mins to cut my hair when it should take 15 tops. Ugh!

Commtech
04-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Were there any left?

Only one of each, sorry. But it was cool to see plumber bob drooling over the gunship I got. He really likes ships. :thumbsup:

Wento target around 3:30 to get some other things and there were still 4 cases of order 66 on a metal cart and still some at the register shelf. I guess everyone's had their fill and now it's up to casual buyers to get them. I hope there's a bunch more so they go on clearance later.

Tycho
04-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Congratualtions CrunchyNug!

Every 10 days? Your damn hair must grow really fast or those boobs must be really nice.:p

Both actually. I'm not likely to ever suffer from balding or impotency. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
04-15-2007, 07:58 PM
congratulations CrunchyNug!!!

i had an expensive afternoon at the California Science Center
Figrin bust ups set $15
a couple CW bust ups at $5 each
Boba Fett animated maquette $50

they still have animated Luke and Vader maquettes at the same price.

BlueSnags
04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Congrats, Crunchy! Time to take that youngling on a Target run. Just don't let him see Headphones - that'll scar him for life. You gonna let him play with your PlayMobil stuff???

Congrats on the Gentle Giant scores, FB. How do you like that Fett? It's one of my favorites.

Turbowars
04-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah Jeff congratulations! What's his name?

Just last week I hit the SW show and spent some cash. I bought

A Vader Maquette $50
Code 3 Jedi 3-D Poster $50
Koto R2 and 3PO for $100

The Koto is FN AWESOME! Best R2 and 3PO to date!

BlueSnags
04-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Koto rules. Still need to get a Bly and the R2/Threepio. Already have the McQuarrie set pre-ordered. Got a Koto 501st Trooper on Friday for $50! Good times.:bandit:

Kidhuman
04-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Congrats Crunchy.

figrin bran
04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Congrats on the Gentle Giant scores, FB. How do you like that Fett? It's one of my favorites.

Love the animated Fett Snags! for only 49.95, i just couldn't pass it up!

The TRU CW Ultra Titanium Gunship was the first of the ultras i ever bought that came with that plastic display case so i was surprised at how difficult to unscrew the vehicle from the base. i really don't like the holes that it leaves on the bottom of the ship.

stillakid
04-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Congratulations, Jeff!

Let me know when I can stop by to see lil' Crunchy. :)

Commtech
04-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Congratulations Crunchy Nug! If it's your first, welcome to the club!

Funny Money
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Crunchy, Way to go!

toonimator
04-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Congrats, Crunchy!

I hit the SW show on Saturday (very cool, but crowded) and picked up the Death Star Briefing set finally; many of the sets had no price tag, many in the aisle with the register had $39.95, but a few on the glass display shelves in the middle had $29.95 tags. The cashier/manager was really annoyed and wanted to wait for confirmation that there were more before giving it to me for that price, but the next guest in line had one too so the other cashier confirmed it. I was VERY tempted to grab some maquettes or Kotos... still wish I'd grabbed one or two! I also got to sit in Han's seat in the little Millenium Falcon 'ride' there. It was neat walking through that Falcon hallway, and having actual switches to flip back & forth during the program.

Picked up the TF Alternators Ravage on Saturday morning; nothing at Burbank Target yesterday or today except one odd sight: a Combat Engineer without a helmet. Shook the card around, only heard the rattle of the stand or the holo; absolutely no sign of tampering around the bubble; the tape looked factory-fresh, with the little air pocket around the edge of the plastic and everything. Just an odd factory error, I guess!

BlueSnags
04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Check this out. I just offered my comments:

-No AFA grading
-Make improvements to HasbroToyShop (allow pre-orders, limit # of figures per customer, increase supply to match demand)
-Better case ratios

http://www.hasbro.com/common/surveys/hasbrocollectors/hasbrocollectors.htm

darkagent
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Congrats, Crunchy!

Didn't do much hunting over the weekend. Waited all day Saturday for FedEx to deliver my Sideshow Endor Troopers. On Sunday picked up a couple Treachery on Saleucami BPs and a Cantina Tin for $10 each at Walmart. Didn't see any TAC Wave 2 at all.

Funny Money
04-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Congrats, Crunchy!

I hit the SW show on Saturday (very cool, but crowded) ...

What is the SW show?

Luuuuuuke
04-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Check this out. I just offered my comments:

-No AFA grading
-Make improvements to HasbroToyShop (allow pre-orders, limit # of figures per customer, increase supply to match demand)
-Better case ratios

http://www.hasbro.com/common/surveys/hasbrocollectors/hasbrocollectors.htm

Love those recommendations. I know some people don't like it when brick and mortar stores limit the number of figures you can get, but it's apples and oranges when someone can apparently buy 99 of a single figure online. I think it's reasonable to assume they're not mere army builders.

figrin bran
04-16-2007, 09:01 PM
What is the SW show?

i believe they're referring to the SW exhibit at the California Science Center in Exposition Park.

Tycho
04-17-2007, 02:09 AM
I think it's reasonable to assume they're not mere army builders.

JediMasterSal can swallow that many troopers quite easily. I question the taste to put all of them in one scene.

However, I have nearly 100 Stormtroopers used in my dioramas. But spread out:

11 on the Tantive IV
10 dispersed through a custom Cloud City
7 in the Battle of Endor
9 or so spread between Death Star Playsets

Etc. I believe "less is more" sometimes, when you're trying to showcase the figures, but that's nearly 40 right there spread out between just 4 scenes.

With Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie equaling 4 armed Rebels, 1 stormtrooper opposing them isn't much of a threat. For scene builders, army building becomes an obvious necessity.

Commtech
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Did anyone go to Burbank target today at opening (Toon)? How was it?

toonimator
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I meant the California Science Center exhibit :)

Nothing at Burbank Target really, except more strangers. Where're these guys coming from? :P

TONS of Order 66, though. There's a Saesee Tiin fighter that's been kickin around a couple days, probably still there. One of the strangers passed it up after a thorough examination.

Jango Speck
04-17-2007, 11:10 AM
At 9am I found Hootie ogling over the helmetless Combat Engineer. He was truly confused. Saga pegs are starting to clear, so maybe we'll get more TAC.

BlueSnags
04-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I meant the California Science Center exhibit :)

Nothing at Burbank Target really, except more strangers. Where're these guys coming from? :P

TONS of Order 66, though. There's a Saesee Tiin fighter that's been kickin around a couple days, probably still there. One of the strangers passed it up after a thorough examination.

There's definitely been a big upturn in scalpers/casual collectors since TAC hit. I've been noticing some strange characters at Walmart lately (the only store I really ever hit anymore)...

stillakid
04-17-2007, 01:11 PM
T I've been noticing some strange characters at Walmart lately .

Are there any other kinds of WalMart shoppers? :sur:

BlueSnags
04-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Stopped by NoHo Target at my lunch break just for goofs. Saw:

An army of Lushros Dofines
The new Unleashed Battlepacks, minus the Jawas pack - all had terrible paint apps - can't believe this line is still around
A returned ROTJ Tin Set that was on clearance for $6.24. Of course the VSTC Scout had been switched out for a 1983 vintage Scout.

toonimator
04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeesh... NoHo was great last year when Tatooine started to show up; but then Burbank was suffering under the army of Lushros (backed by a division of Poggles and a squad of Sun Facs).

I like the Unleashed BPs in theory, but the Tantive IV wave has some pretty awful paint all around. Still haven't bought any since the ROTS commanders and Utapau sets last year :) It'd be nice if they had more variety, like the miniatures (heck, I'd like that variety in the action figures, too! Separatist Commandos, Bith Rebels, Jacen Solo, HK-47, Corran Horn, Yuuzhan Vong, and loads of Sith and Jedi types among others? Yes please!)

Jango Speck
04-17-2007, 04:37 PM
What's with TRU? They had one Bren Derlin on the peg today, and no other figures at all! There were some Tantive IV battlepacks. They did have a titanium X-wing and Tie-Fighter, but no TAC and no SAGA? Sometimes I really hate that store....

BlueSnags
04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
What's with TRU? They had one Bren Derlin on the peg today, and no other figures at all! There were some Tantive IV battlepacks. They did have a titanium X-wing and Tie-Fighter, but no TAC and no SAGA? Sometimes I really hate that store....

You know how it is...

toonimator
04-17-2007, 05:54 PM
My g/f bought a Hoth R2 there yesterday (for herself! The conversion to 'geek' is proceeding as I have forseen) so she was probably 'lucky' to get even that! Most TRUs I visit over the weekends are pretty weak on good finds, but Burbank TRU's empty AND dirty. It's as bad as La Cienega TRU was when I first visited several years ago. What's really amazed me in the last few weeks is how POTC:AWE was hitting everywhere en masse except that store, it seems. I don't think I've seen a single AWE figure there, just the 'Unleashed BPs' if anything.

Luuuuuuke
04-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Got an Titanium Ultra Gunship at Monrovia TRU this evening. They also had Anakin's yellow starfighter, an X-wing and a Tie Fighter. No TAC figures at all though.

Commtech
04-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Arrgghh!! What's up with TAC? Either we got spoiled with saga last year or hasbro is really cutting the distribution of the new stuff.

Tycho
04-18-2007, 02:08 AM
I feel exactly like you do CommTech.

Commtech
04-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Full pegs of Saga today at Burbank Target. No signs of TAC figures or ships.:sad:

Tycho
04-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Yup, we had all the Saga stuff restocked. It's an active skew (waves 9, 10, and revisions) until the end of May I'd been told. (So get your Kashyyyk Clone army, etc.)

I got the newest GALACTIC HEROES today. I bought 3 sets of 4 two-packs (one set each for my pals James and Darren - RScummers who are local here that I've traded with for 11 years).

A guy in a Navy uniform came in and bought Boba and Jango Fett from the Saga Revisions. I wonder if he's doing like I'm doing - making a Mandalorian squad - or if he thought they were the "hot" Fett figures and he was going to try to scalp them instead of the Concept Coin Figure from TAC?

Another guy who said he's from Riverside County (Temecula area likely) was asking me all kinds of questions. He said he was in town to take care of his injured brother. Maybe. His questions made me sort of cautious, as he sounded like a scalper looking for info. My store's actually out of Lushros Dofine or I'd promote him as "the super-rare and VHTF Separatist Commander" ;) . But the guy was nice. I was a stranger to him, but he talked to me a lot. He'd been in the Hot Wheels isle first, too. So I wonder. He was also holding a Tantive IV Battle Pack and when I told him it was $20, he put it down fast! He'd initially been excited because it came with Darth Vader. But I showed him he could get a single carded Darth Vader figure from the Saga wave because they're rare and VHTF :lipsrsealed: . He asked me if I was going to sell the Galactic Heroes I was picking up. I'm sure I was snotty when I explained I almost never sell and rarely buy anything on eBay and explained that I was only there at the store opening because my friends and I like to get the stuff for retail cost and won't ever pay more at all. Like I said, he was nosy but nice enough. I honestly don't know if I should have been friendlier. But my instincts weren't telling me that this guy was just a collector like a lot of us.

However, leaving with 3 of each 2-pack or a stack of a dozen GHs, I'm sure I didn't look as innocent as I am. But I phoned my friend while I was in the store and he asked to meet me Saturday and pick up the rest of my load from me. So, that's the way we do things. Except for the Hoth Troopers, I have no further plans to buy Galactic Heroes at the present time.

toonimator
04-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Burbank Target also had the new GHs. Cute buggers, all of 'em! One TAC peg was empty, the other had a Kashyyyk BD set and CW Kit on it, overflow from the packed TSCs. Anyone wanna army-build R5-J2? You can there! There was also a red-holo Rieekan, one of the only truly 'rare' figures of TSC. The helmetless Combat Engineer seemed to be gone... maybe Hootie caved the other day?

BlueSnags
04-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Picked up the Brown Variant Bantha BP at Burbank TRU today. It was the last one on the shelves. Looks very different from the light colored set.

Picked up the new wave of Galactic Heroes today at Burbank Target, along with an extra Gunner/Royal Guard pack and an extra Ponda/Snags (need to paint the extra Snags blue of course).

Stashed the other Gunner/Royal Guard pack - if anyone wants it, PM me.:laugh:

Turbowars
04-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Anyone see a V-wing? Where the hell are they?

Tycho
04-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I can't find them either Turbo. They were all gone that day I got the Sith Infiltrator (that I know you want so badly ;) )

Anyway, I get the feeling one of the Hot Wheels guys and the other regular Star Wars collector at my Target don't like me.

I've never done anything to them, but I may be (at least for the past 18 months or so) the new face at "their" Target since I've moved away from my old "lucky" Target.

Now I say "hello" and talk to some of them, some of the time, but I think they resent me for 2 reasons:

1) I'm new on their turf - which might have been "their turf" since at least 2004 or earlier, and I arrived late 2005. (not that I touch the Hot Wheels at all anyway)

2) Because I don't work. Those guys are off to their jobs after they hit the stores, but from talking to me, they know I go home and get back into bed. They know as well as some of you might, that I kind of have to. I know I'm lucky to be in my financial situation, but I don't need to suffer more stress and blood pressure issues (which nearly killed me in the first place) so that I can have solidarity with the rest of the world that works. If you were in my shoes, you'd be making the same choices that I do in that regard.

But anyway, since I don't butt into their conversations much or anything of the sort, I'm not even annoying by my behavior or conversational additions. I mean I know I like being a pariah at times when I'm trying to be, but when I feel like I'm being relegated that role without any reason for it, that can irk me.

I thought about it today because the one Hot Wheel guy brought a retail bag over to the Star Wars guy's car before they approached the door for "the waiting." They glanced my direction (could have been at the door - but you know me and my paranoias), and though I suppose it wasn't my business, I asked what was in the bag when they approached. They wouldn't tell me and joked that it was "crack." I didn't get upset (visibly) but I just instinctively thought to myself, "clandestine toy deal."

Any ideas what's up?

Luuuuuuke
04-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I got the Bantha set today at the Montebello TRU. I think it was the only one left. I don't know whether it was the variant one or the regular one. They had remnants of TAC 2, only 3 each of Han and Luke. This was around 6:30 p.m.

Turbowars
04-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I can't find them either Turbo. They were all gone that day I got the Sith Infiltrator (that I know you want so badly ;) )

Anyway, I get the feeling one of the Hot Wheels guys and the other regular Star Wars collector at my Target don't like me.

I've never done anything to them, but I may be (at least for the past 18 months or so) the new face at "their" Target since I've moved away from my old "lucky" Target.

Now I say "hello" and talk to some of them, some of the time, but I think they resent me for 2 reasons:

1) I'm new on their turf - which might have been "their turf" since at least 2004 or earlier, and I arrived late 2005. (not that I touch the Hot Wheels at all anyway)

2) Because I don't work. Those guys are off to their jobs after they hit the stores, but from talking to me, they know I go home and get back into bed. They know as well as some of you might, that I kind of have to. I know I'm lucky to be in my financial situation, but I don't need to suffer more stress and blood pressure issues (which nearly killed me in the first place) so that I can have solidarity with the rest of the world that works. If you were in my shoes, you'd be making the same choices that I do in that regard.

But anyway, since I don't butt into their conversations much or anything of the sort, I'm not even annoying by my behavior or conversational additions. I mean I know I like being a pariah at times when I'm trying to be, but when I feel like I'm being relegated that role without any reason for it, that can irk me.

I thought about it today because the one Hot Wheel guy brought a retail bag over to the Star Wars guy's car before they approached the door for "the waiting." They glanced my direction (could have been at the door - but you know me and my paranoias), and though I suppose it wasn't my business, I asked what was in the bag when they approached. They wouldn't tell me and joked that it was "crack." I didn't get upset (visibly) but I just instinctively thought to myself, "clandestine toy deal."

Any ideas what's up?You don't work and have the $ to buy SW, Cool. Sounds like you are doing pretty good medically and financially.

Luuuuuuke
04-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Any ideas what's up?

I think you hit the nail in the head: They were making a deal. They probably agree to help each other find stuff. I think Hot Wheels collectors probably do that a lot.

Some of the HOt Wheels guys are pretty paranoid. There's this one guy who always rushes to the little cars aisle even when I'm the only collector there. At this point he has to realize I don't give a crap about his little cars. I feel like saying, "Relax grandpa, I'm walking to the Star Wars section!"

Then when he gets there, I can hear him knocking all those little Hot Wheels off the pegs. And some of them will step out of the aisle and look toward the front of the store, I think to see if any "rivals" are coming. It's like a race against time with these guys.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to realize that if I'm one of the only Star Wars collectors there at opening, chances are nothing's on the pegs. I think some collectors and scalpers call before the store opens.

figrin bran
04-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Tycho, if you came to the stores that us LA folk shop at, you'd probably see us meeting up and exchanging retail bags just like those two guys. i've met quite a few people in this thread by doing that. and if you were to ask me what's in the bag, i might be just as inclined to answer "crack" :p

Tycho
04-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Figrin, Luuuuuke, I trade with my friends the same way. They cover different stores however, so we don't usually meet up until the weekends and often well after store-opening shopping runs. But if someone asked me what was in the bag, or what was found, I'd answer them if I knew they weren't a scalper. These guys KNOW that I am not a scalper.

You don't work and have the $ to buy SW, Cool. Sounds like you are doing pretty good medically and financially.

Like everyone should do, my parents worked and saved for their retirement and invested in real estate as well, buying some extra houses and renting them. They never lived to retire however. I'm an only child, thus - you get the picture. I also inherited my father's kidney disease (it's strongly hereditary and is currently killing me - I have about 2 years left or a transplant will buy me at least 10 more, then at some point in my 40's or close to my 50's, I'll need another transplant.) And I'll likely die in my 60's. That would be consistant with my family's medical history.

Now high blood pressure and stress, insomnia, etc. go with the condition. I can make myself feel worse and be in an office all day - or worse, work retail, (and I usually throw up at least 3 meals per week - it's not really predictable - and my stomach is usually uncomfortable) or I can enjoy the fact that I inherited property people signed rental agreements on, not to mention the trusts, IRA benefits, etc. that were left to me. When I was working before my aneurysm in '05, I went into financial services because I knew that money management worked from personal experience and enjoyed helping other people learn about the possibilies they had for taking care of themselves and their families. But in the worst case is I only have around 2 years for myself. The better case, I can sell some of my inheritance when the market is good for that and wind up with the large home I dream of (to display my collection in) and not exactly have stressed over the work to get it. Who knows how long I'll have to enjoy it?

As I noted, if someone else here was in my shoes, I think they'd make the same choices. It's not my fault one way or the other. You live with the hand life dealt you. I got a few good cards and some pretty darn bad ones too. But if you (or these Hot Wheels guys I see every morning) hate their jobs or whatever, I can see why they'd want to project their anger towards me. It's not fair - that's very true. But I'll just accept that and enjoy the fact that I have this tiny little space on the internet to vent about it.

Commtech
04-20-2007, 09:41 AM

Any ideas what's up?

I think you shouldn't care what people think or speculate about yourself. Oh, and you shouldn't give out too much information about yourself. Your life is no one's business.

Jango Speck
04-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Tycho, if you came to the stores that us LA folk shop at, you'd probably see us meeting up and exchanging retail bags just like those two guys. i've met quite a few people in this thread by doing that. and if you were to ask me what's in the bag, i might be just as inclined to answer "crack" :p

Yeah, thanks to Figrin and Snags, I never miss out on a WalMart exclusive (and I kind of like the covert parking lot exchanges). One time, Snags drove up and just rolled down his window- I handed him a bag and some cash, and he handed me a bag- it was our lunch hour, and raining, so we didn't hang out to chat. Here's how I usually explain it to the wife: "Honey, I've got to go to Target at 10am.", "Why?", "Gotta meet a guy- won't take long..." Then I return over an hour later because when we collector's get to talking, time really flies.

metaljedi
04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Was actually lucky today on my day off and scored a Concept Boba Fett and Death Star Trooper at TRU.

Luuuuuuke
04-20-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm just starting to appreciate how hardcore those booger-picker wrestling figure collectors/scalpers are. I was able to stop by KayBee this morning and sure enough, once again, scalpers were inside the store before it opened. This time it was wrestling figure scalpers. A woman. She had like 10 large bags of stuff and was on a cell phone; she walked around behind the counter like she owned the place. And from the look of it, she's a regular customer, and there's some kind of agreement she has to get stuff early. Another guy showed up too, and the employee said, "I got your stuff." Unbelievable.

There was no TAC at all.

BlueSnags
04-20-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm just starting to appreciate how hardcore those booger-picker wrestling figure collectors/scalpers are. I was able to stop by KayBee this morning and sure enough, once again, scalpers were inside the store before it opened. This time it was wrestling figure scalpers. A woman. She had like 10 large bags of stuff and was on a cell phone; she walked around behind the counter like she owned the place. And from the look of it, she's a regular customer, and there's some kind of agreement she has to get stuff early. Another guy showed up too, and the employee said, "I got your stuff." Unbelievable.

There was no TAC at all.

That sucks. The closer you are to Frank & Scalpers, the worse the scalping (with Burbank being a possible exception, being the home of some of the most high-profile lowlifes in the SoCal area).

Luuuuuuke
04-20-2007, 05:54 PM
That sucks. The closer you are to Frank & Scalpers, the worse the scalping (with Burbank being a possible exception, being the home of some of the most high-profile lowlifes in the SoCal area).

Yeah, that's true. Burbank sounds to me like what it should be like here where it's closer to Frank & Sons. There's plenty of scalpers around here though. They just don't seem as colorful as the ones you guys have.

I'm starting to also realize that if there aren't any scalpers around when I'm at a store during openings, I'm pretty much screwed. I won't find anything. The presence of scalpers seems to go hand in hand with the presence of stuff I want. I really think they call the toy departments before the stores open. When it's just me and the same Hot Wheels guy at the Rosemead Target, I pretty much know I'm walking out with nothing.

Tycho
04-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I think you shouldn't care what people think or speculate about yourself. Oh, and you shouldn't give out too much information about yourself. Your life is no one's business.

Well, if these are the first people you see every morning, it's nice for it to be pleasant. I don't have the hardcore environment you guys in LA sound like you have.

As to giving out info about myself, what do think could be the danger? I'm not going to open my pockets for these guys if they think they can get something from me. I have my own worries that are very real concerning my health. However, I don't like to be assumed to be a scalper low-life because I am not running to a job or feeling I should dress professionally to go to Target.

Meanwhile, because of my kidney affliction, I have become very self-conscious about my "pregnant stomach." That being said, I don't want others to think I'm a lazy slob who won't work-out. I'd been an athlete and do not like the life changes I'm going through right now. So I'd rather people be aware of me and what my advantages / disadvantages are, than to make assumptions about me - all of which I could see being worse than the reality of the situation.

But maybe you're thinking of something that could go wrong with my philosophy that I'm not seeing. Please tell me what you were thinking.