PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Tycho
05-27-2008, 08:04 AM
I thought you bought that Indy with a whip figure that you liked so much?

Or do you mean you didn't buy KOTCS toys, but cherry-picked from the other collections?

Commtech
05-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Stashed 2 of the new Joe comic packs at Burbank Target (copperhead-shipwreck & storm shadow-firefly). PM me for location.

figrin bran
05-27-2008, 11:44 AM
I didn't care for Indy 4, my review (mostly spoiler-free) was entitled "Indiana Jones and the Letdown of the Year". I gave it a 5/10 and even that feels a little generous. I'm thrilled I didn't buy any of the toys (sorry Figgy, you had your chance ;)).

I did find 3 Indy with Horse sets at Fry's, and bought one, but at $13 a pop it's not surprising they were there - the basics are $10 each as well, no Marions though.

The Deluxes are on sale at Target this week for $8.99 and I've seen quite a few of the horses.

I don't regret every KOTCS toy that I've bought but the Jungle Cutter and Cemetary Warrior sure up that regret percentage.

Jango Speck
05-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Saw the Palpatine/Bespin Luke MMs at Burbank Target this morning. Yoda was nowhere to be found. Fresh (old) Legends figures on pegs- boring!

mark2d2
05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't regret every KOTCS toy that I've bought but the Jungle Cutter and Cemetary Warrior sure up that regret percentage.

Okay, I get the regret over the Jungle Cutter, but why do you regret the Cemetery Warrior? Not only were they cool in the flick, but their figure is truly awesome... The sculpt is just excellent all the way around... Plus their artifact is amazing and almost in scale with the figs, too.

JediTricks
05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Or do you mean you didn't buy KOTCS toys, but cherry-picked from the other collections?I did not buy any toys from the new movie, but several from Raiders.

The Deluxes are on sale at Target this week for $8.99 and I've seen quite a few of the horses. Naturally. If I hadn't bought this one, Hasbro would have eaten them all up instead. :D

I don't regret every KOTCS toy that I've bought but the Jungle Cutter and Cemetary Warrior sure up that regret percentage.You mean just because it took you longer to open the packages than they appeared in the movie, and the action involved was far more interesting? ;)

figrin bran
05-28-2008, 01:16 AM
You mean just because it took you longer to open the packages than they appeared in the movie, and the action involved was far more interesting? ;)

Exactly! I break out my multi purpose knife, slash the plastic tabs on the back, rip the bubble from the card and pull the figure out. Since I've had disastrous results with freeing SW figures from the bubble (wrists breaking off and such), I've learned to take my time when going through that process.

Mark, while I don't disagree that the Cemetary Soldier is a great sculpt, I was expecting more out of them in the movie. To me, they were just your garden variety B-movie monsters. I'd much rather have the Crystal Skeleton figures and I'm indeed sending away for at least 2. Basically, owning this figure is like owning the ROTS Utapau Warrior :p

The Lego Jungle Chase set was also disappointing in that only 1 of the 3 things you build are actually in the movie. Amphibious jeep - check. Raft - not in movie. Jungle outpost - not in the movie. It's still a great set but it leaves you wondering if that jungle chase scene was everything that it could've been.

Cataclizm1
05-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Yo homies. havn't hit many stores lately since there's nothing new out and I'm all caught up. But did any of you LEGO freaks pick up the Batmobile Tumbler and Joker set? $50 at TRU.... It's off the chain!

Jango Speck
05-28-2008, 01:22 PM
There's a new "collector" in Burbank. He drives a Lexus and loves them "rare black coin" figures.

Stashed a Mygeeto BP at Target. PM for the 411.

BlueSnags
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
PM sent

-Snags

Jango Speck
05-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Stash claimed.

Chaddymac
05-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I didn't hate INDY, but I didn't love it. I DID think it was better than Temple of Doom, though, which was all I was hoping for, so ultimately, I enjoyed the movie. In fact, I'd be more inclined to pull Temple out of the set than KOTCS.

MicroJow
05-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Saw the Battle Rancor at Target today. I would've stashed one but I don't think it's going to be physically possible. They also had the Mygeeto battle pack. And it looks like they had the Titanium Man figure from Iron Man but I missed out. Curses!

- J

CrunchyNug
05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Grabbed a pair of Mygeeto BP's on the way to work tonight. I think it's a nice set if you're not planning to open it. It fits right in with the previous Jedi/Clone Commander sets...Mace, Aayla, etc...

Saw the Rancor too. That thing is HUGE.

figrin bran
05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Grabbed a pair of Mygeeto BP's on the way to work tonight. I think it's a nice set if you're not planning to open it. It fits right in with the previous Jedi/Clone Commander sets...Mace, Aayla, etc...

Saw the Rancor too. That thing is HUGE.

But I do plan to open up the Mygeeto BP! I'd love to have an SA Bacara. I customized my own back in 05 but since it uses the SA clone's neck post, I can't really turn the head.

CrunchyNug
05-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm gonna open one of mine too. I think it's a decent set, but the other I'll keep boxed.

MicroJow
05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Had a decent Target run at lunchtime. Picked up the CARS Tow Cap / Gasprin & PT Flea / Flick sets and the IRON MAN Titanium Man.

Edit: Mygeeto claimed. Titanium Man (non-mint card) still available. Central San Fernando Valley Target. PM for details!

- J

Jango Speck
05-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Had a decent Target run at lunchtime. Picked up the CARS Tow Cap / Gasprin & PT Flea / Flick sets and the IRON MAN Titanium Man.
- J

If you find any more of those "Cars" sets, let me know!

Cataclizm1
05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Stashed a Mygeeto BP at Redondo Beach Galleria Target. PM for the info.

figrin bran
05-29-2008, 10:21 PM
If you find any more of those "Cars" sets, let me know!

Speck, do you need No Stall/Leakless by any chance? I've been seeing a lot of them lately.

Jango Speck
05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Speck, do you need No Stall/Leakless by any chance? I've been seeing a lot of them lately.

Didn't know about those guys- don't need another Leakless though, so I'll pass.

Turbowars
05-30-2008, 10:50 PM
You CARS GEEKS see that 36 car set? It comes with the white Apple car and 3-4 other exclusive to the set. Comes in a acrylic case for the low low price of $299.99

Come on guys buy these from me. At least Garndian, he's one of Hasbro's best!

06 Saga 12" Boxed
Ewok 2 pack---SOLD
Jawa 2 pack
Old ben
Jedi Luke
Garndian
Skiff lando

figrin bran
05-30-2008, 11:02 PM
You CARS GEEKS see that 36 car set? It comes with the white Apple car and 3-4 other exclusive to the set. Comes in a acrylic case for the low low price of $299.99

Come on guys buy these from me. At least Garndian, he's one of Hasbro's best!

06 Saga 12" Boxed
Ewok 2 pack---SOLD
Jawa 2 pack
Old ben
Jedi Luke
Garndian
Skiff lando

Actually, it doesn't come with an acrylic case and it has a lot more than 4 "exclusives". and no, if I'm not even sure about buying an AT-TE or Falcon, I sure as heck didn't pay for the Speedway of the South set. :p

Turbowars
05-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Actually, it doesn't come with an acrylic case and it has a lot more than 4 "exclusives". and no, if I'm not even sure about buying an AT-TE or Falcon, I sure as heck didn't pay for the Speedway of the South set.
Excuse the **** out of me. :rolleyes:

figrin bran
05-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Sorry Turbo, didn't mean it that way so i added the :p

CrunchyNug
05-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Just found an Aayla Starfighter for $10 at Burbank Target.:D

K M Toydarian
05-31-2008, 01:29 AM
Just found an Aayla Starfighter for $10 at Burbank Target.:D

Even for 10 bucks, I can't bring myself to get it. Too cartoony, with cartoon Aayla to go with it. Did pick up a lone Emperor Mighty Mugg at NOHO Target today though. Not a lot in Star Wars right now. Saw the huge Rancor set there though. Looks impressive, but I don't have space to show him off, need room for the Falcon and AT-TE.

Commtech
05-31-2008, 03:05 AM
Even for 10 bucks, I can't bring myself to get it. Too cartoony, with cartoon Aayla to go with it.

I thought the same when I saw it yesterday at Burbank Target. Now, if it were to go down 75% off, then maybe.

Jango Speck
05-31-2008, 03:22 AM
I'm trying to buy a house right now, and the market just hasn't dropped enough for me to avoid spending more than I had hoped to. To gather up cash for closing costs and repairs, and free up space in the old storage unit, I want to sell off a lot of Hasbro stuff.

Everything is MOMC, from smoke free air conditioned storage. I'll try to ask for retail or less on these, even if I may have spent more than that on evil-bay (back when I didn't have all of you to help me find stuff locally). There's too much to list, but it's primarily figures and some vehicles/creatures.

PM me with your wish lists and I'll try to pull what you want. I can't spend the time meeting up for a lot of single item requests, so if anyone is looking for a bunch of items at once, I want to talk to you. My collection isn't 100% complete, but it's pretty close. I know it's a longshot because most of you are completists like I was- but I don't want to deal with shipping and non-local transactions (ie. ebay or RS).

So here's what I'm purging:

POTF2 (green cards)
TPM
POTJ
AOTC/Saga (blue cards)
Some ROTS
Some Saga Collection
Some OTC

Tycho
05-31-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm trying to buy a house right now

Why do you want to buy a house?

I want to buy a house, too.

I want to buy a house to have room to build all my dioramas that will display my

POTF2 (green cards)
TPM
POTJ
AOTC/Saga (blue cards)
Some ROTS
Some Saga Collection
Some OTC

- loose and posed of course.

That's almost my only reason for wanting to buy a house.

A couple other things came to mind:

-having a yard for 2 big dogs, possibly (Husky and Labrador Retriever probably)

-losing my upstairs neighbors who pounded around today, deciding to vacuum their entire apartment at 7:30am on a Saturday morning.

But I like how apartments have on-site / on-demand handymen to immediately fix air conditioning, plumbing, lighting, the sink disposal, any ailments of the washer and dryer. But if I had a house, I'd sequester $200 or so in emergency funds and then find a private-sector guy to come and do it.

I hire housekeepers as it is, right now. That will continue. I might need to employ a yard and pool guy. My health (and my patience) is not where I'd be great at handling all that sort of stuff myself. Except maybe yardwork. I kind of like that sort of thing.

Chaddymac
05-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Does anyone remember Hasbro mentioning in it's Ask Hasbro program that they'd be compiling the list of questions and answers each week and posting them on their website the following week? I can't find that in the Ask Hasbro, and I don't remember where they said they'd post it (can't find it on the website). Help?

Jango Speck
05-31-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm moving my sale list to a classifieds thread, but wanted to give you guys first crack. I am selling my GG Commander Cody bust, which has been opened and stored in my smoke/pet free home. I have the box and COA. Also selling my Grievous maquette, same condition, and my Anakin maquette. PM for the 411.

figrin bran
05-31-2008, 09:41 PM
I stashed a Titanium Man at La Cienega TRU today. PM me if you want it.

Unfortunately, Saturday mornings for me means scalper spottings and I saw Sanchez along with this other dude that I haven't seen since the TPM days buying up Mighty Muggs at Los Feliz TRU.

At the risk of Turbo finding yet another thing to give us crap about :p, I'm not sure how many of you are interested in the Heroes figures but LF TRU has the exclusive Claire and Hiro figures.

Turbowars
05-31-2008, 10:58 PM
:thumbsup::yes:

Turbowars
06-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Well I guess I will let you guys know that care, I had a Cat scan and got the results back on Friday. My tumor markers are normal and that means the cancer is gone and I'm cured, at least for now. The cancer and the ball n chain are gone so time to start my life over again.

Ji'dai
06-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Good to hear Turbo! Now that you have a new lease on life, I suggest going out and buying all the Indiana Jones toys to celebrate. It's a great toy line and I know you're eager to support it!

Commtech
06-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Turbo: Great news man! Really happy that you won the fight.

ps. Don't buy the Indy toys, they are still crap (sorry Ji'dai :)). Buy the Joes instead.

Fig: I dig those "Heroes" toys. Found them yesterday at TRU Burbank.

Chaddymac
06-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats, Turbo. Just in time for Comic-Con.

Ji'dai - it's not nice to joke about such serious business as the IJ line.

Jango Speck
06-01-2008, 03:47 PM
That's great news Turbo! If I were hanging out at ComiCon late, I'd buy you a drink.

Cataclizm1
06-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Anyone into TransFormers, they have all of TF Animated figures at Torrance Walmart. Had Starscream, Megatron, Bulkhead, Ratchet, Prowl, Blackarachnia, Lockdown. Sold out of Bumblebees though.

figrin bran
06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Turbo: Great news man! Really happy that you won the fight.

ps. Don't buy the Indy toys, they are still crap (sorry Ji'dai :)). Buy the Joes instead.

Fig: I dig those "Heroes" toys. Found them yesterday at TRU Burbank.

What Joes? I saw remnants of wave 7 last week and that's probably the last I'll see of that wave. At least I can actually find Indy figures. :p

Turbo, that's great to hear!

JediTricks
06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Does anyone remember Hasbro mentioning in it's Ask Hasbro program that they'd be compiling the list of questions and answers each week and posting them on their website the following week? I can't find that in the Ask Hasbro, and I don't remember where they said they'd post it (can't find it on the website). Help?Yeah, they said they'd do it 2 rounds ago (and 53 rounds ago :p) but so far, no dice. I post the Q&As in the news on Monday after they come in, mainly because I need to keep familiar with what was answered so we don't duplicate it in our Q&A voting.

I stashed a Titanium Man at La Cienega TRU today. PM me if you want it. PM sent.

Well I guess I will let you guys know that care, I had a Cat scan and got the results back on Friday. My tumor markers are normal and that means the cancer is gone and I'm cured, at least for now. The cancer and the ball n chain are gone so time to start my life over again.Congrats on the good news! Got to watch out for the ol' family jewels.

Kidhuman
06-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Congrats turbsy, hope the cancer stays gone.

Chaddymac
06-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Cataclism - was it just deluxes, or did they have voyagers too? Did you see the Prime/Megs two pack?

Sean the Hutt
06-02-2008, 12:36 AM
glad you are ok, starting over is great, it means you have a lot a life to live still!

Cataclizm1
06-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Cataclism - was it just deluxes, or did they have voyagers too? Did you see the Prime/Megs two pack?
I saw Voyager Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Voyager Bulkhead, and these deluxes: Prime, Prowl, Ratchet, Blacharacnia, Lockdown. A buddy of mine says he found Voyager Grimlock and Voyager Lugnut at Northridge WM so those are out now too!

Did not see any 2-packs.

Edit : According to some other boards people are finding the 2-pack in california too.

BlueSnags
06-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Picked up the Hoth Han/K-3PO Droid Factory pack tonight at Walmart. I had ordered it on Walmart.com (Site to Store).

The set looks pretty cool - wish I had the others in hand, too...

In other Walmart news, found the Saga Legends Revision case w/the 2 Shadow Stormtroopers (and no Zev) and GI Joe Wave 4 - the Arctic Snake Eyes is a sweet figure.

-Snags

bikerscout
06-02-2008, 07:14 AM
good news TW. Go out to the Rhino and celebrate! :p

too bad I can't find any shadow clones and troopers to save my life, oh well I'm not a top pro collector like Bluesnags

figrin bran
06-02-2008, 11:36 AM
good news TW. Go out to the Rhino and celebrate! :p

too bad I can't find any shadow clones and troopers to save my life, oh well I'm not a top pro collector like Bluesnags

I just stashed a Shadow Clone at La Brea Target yesterday. I actually forgot until reading your post.

On Sat, Los Feliz TRU had quite a few shadow clones and stormtroopers so it's not like only Snags is finding them.

toonimator
06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Grats TW! I forgot to pop on here yesterday, but I stashed a Shadow Stormie and Shadow Clone at Target for ya. PM sent w/ details... hopefully they survived crazy Sunday shoppers.

I picked up Neyo for myself yesterday, left a 2nd Stormie on the pegs. No sign of the other 2 Fan's Choice in that batch.

I opened my Indiana Jones Snake Pit Deluxe set yesterday and found a surprise: a big dead moth in the packaging. Probably about as long as my thumbnail. Weird. The set's kinda neat, but I think I'd enjoy the idol trap more... they didn't have any with good paint on Indy when I looked last week. Silly, since I don't even care about the cheap pack-in figures on those sets.

swabie2424
06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Well I guess I will let you guys know that care, I had a Cat scan and got the results back on Friday. My tumor markers are normal and that means the cancer is gone and I'm cured, at least for now. The cancer and the ball n chain are gone so time to start my life over again.

This is the best news I've heard in a long while. Congrats Turb! Seriously, it has crossed my mind many times over the past few months...

Hey, I know I haven't posted here in a while. Kinda dropped from the Hasbro game after lo these many years. But I wanted to let all my old buds know....

that I have also been busy building a new Star Wars site. It's the biggest Star Wars directory on the planet. Contests for free swag too. Make sure you guys use us to search for all things Star Wars!

http://www.galacticbinder.com

I hope you all find it useful and enjoy it! We're gonna have over 10,000 sites a year from now!

Jango Speck
06-03-2008, 01:36 AM
In spite of my loathing of Indy 4 (and it's 2nd week clowning by Sex and the City), I can't wait to get the Lego game for Wii tomorrow!!

bikerscout
06-03-2008, 05:32 AM
I just stashed a Shadow Clone at La Brea Target yesterday. I actually forgot until reading your post.

On Sat, Los Feliz TRU had quite a few shadow clones and stormtroopers so it's not like only Snags is finding them.

I was working anyway, but i don't remember anyone posting about those finds Sat.

don't worry speck, the 2nd week dropoff in box office gross for sex in the city will be far greater than Indy's 2nd wk. dropoff.

toonimator
06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Burbank Target had some stuff today, got there a few minutes late, saw one guy walkin off with a basic figure (probably a Legends). Two Mygeeto BPs (along w/ 2 Bespin & Droid Factory), 2 Rancors. Rancor looks great!

Picked up a Mygeeto set, and the Endor GH Cinema Scenes for 50% off. Probably only the 2nd time I ever saw that set. Box was kinda thrashed, but I'm gonna swap out the Luke for mine (mine has better paint) and just open it all up to give to my nephew. That seemed to be the last SW item at the clearance endcap... kinda wish I'd grabbed an Aayla fighter last week when they had 5 or 6 over there. :cross-eye

Turbowars
06-03-2008, 06:26 PM
To all of you guys thanks a lot. The last 4 months have been the hardest days of my life, but since the results look promising it was worth every second. Tell you one thing it is weird being by my self. I always had a girlfriend or wife and now I'm alone and don't really know what to do with myself. I should be getting back to work soon, so that will take most of my time. Thanks again!

Damn Toony, I was just in Burbank Sunday night!

swabie2424
06-04-2008, 03:46 AM
C'mon Toony! I'm relying on you to nab that stuff !

Hey... Sir Steve gave my site a plug on the home page. How cool is that? Very generous.

:thumbsup:

Commtech
06-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Just came back from Burbank Target. They had a case with the evo and jump trooper, damaged vader (which I took) and the shadow imperial guard.
They also had Joes wave 8. I stashed a Tiger Force Flint, Roadblock, Baroness and Python Patrol Officer. Pm me if interested.

Commtech
06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
stash claimed!

Jango Speck
06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Up late last night playing Lego Indiana Jones on Wii. Lots of fun- but I don't see myself getting anymore Lego games (they have a trailer for Lego Batman)- the concept is getting kind of stale.

By the way, we know FU is coming to all platforms, but where's the announcement and release date for the big Indy game that they previewed like two years ago?

toonimator
06-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Damn Toony, I was just in Burbank Sunday night!
As of yesterday, the stash was still there. So if you can get over there, grab it!!

Turbowars
06-04-2008, 04:42 PM
As of yesterday, the stash was still there. So if you can get over there, grab it!!I'll be in Burbank tomorrow so I'll go get it.

BlueSnags
06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Today at Burbank Target: Picked up a Mygeeto BP (thanks to Speck for the stash), a FU Battle Rancor and a clearanced ($9.99) Kashyyyk BP. Also used a few $5 off Target coupons just for kicks.

-Snags

Jango Speck
06-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Burbank Target had Palp/Yoda/Grievous MMs today at 8:30am.

RUSHBOY
06-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Covina Walmart got the transformers animated optimus prime vs megatron 2 packs today !! They had 12 of them today I got one and this other guy got one so they still have 10 more left !

Also at Rosemead target I stashed a Mygeeto Battle pack if anyone wants it !!

RUSHBOY
06-06-2008, 10:41 PM
stash claimed !! wow that was fast !

Turbowars
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
That's what happens when a junky needs a hit. :p

figrin bran
06-07-2008, 12:42 AM

That's what happens when a junky needs a hit.

Still, that took an hour before the stash got claimed and I've posted stashes that got claimed within minutes.

Had it been in Burbank and not Rosemead, I'm sure one of you fellow junkies would've beat me to it. :p

bikerscout
06-07-2008, 05:06 AM
has anyone found any scalper's ch-- i mean SL wave 5 lately?

figrin bran
06-07-2008, 11:36 AM
has anyone found any scalper's ch-- i mean SL wave 5 lately?

Actually, Mr. Sanchez didn't even touch the wave 5's at Los Feliz TRU last Sat.

Had I known some of you still needed these figures, I would've stashed some that day. There weren't any Covert Ops Troopers, however.

darkagent
06-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Actually, Mr. Sanchez didn't even touch the wave 5's at Los Feliz TRU last Sat.

Had I known some of you still needed these figures, I would've stashed some that day. There weren't any Covert Ops Troopers, however.

As of right now, Los Feliz TRU has at least 10 cases of SL5 out. All untouched, even by D. Sanchez.

BlueSnags
06-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Hit a few Targets this morning - picked up the following:

Aayla Jedi Starfighter - $4.98
Galactic Heroes Mustafar set - $4.98
Galactic Heroes Endor set - $4.98
G.I. Joe Blue Cobra H.I.S.S. - $6.98

Also snagged an Order 66 BARC Trooper/Howard the Duck set for $5 (thanks to the $5 off $25 Coupon).

-Snags

bikerscout
06-07-2008, 09:40 PM
thx for the tip darkagent. I scored a few shadow stormies for my friend (swspiffy) and myself and got a couple shadow troopers. Get your butt down to LF TRU! There were at least 3 Neyos, 2 utapaus and 4 shadow stormies left. I don't clean stores out and leave my fellow troopers hangin. Now that I said that some scalper will wipe out the pegs - :upset:

RUSHBOY
06-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Stashed 2 mygeeto battle packs at Pasadena Target if anyone wants them !!

figrin bran
06-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Rushboy, thanks for the Mygeeto stash at Rosemead! :thumbsup: I also saw a Hulk Mighty Muggs and JLU Hawkman pack stashed there but left those.

I stopped by Rosemead WM just to see if they had any Transformers Animated - plenty of the Optimus/Megatron 2 packs but no deluxes or voyagers.

RUSHBOY
06-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Rushboy, thanks for the Mygeeto stash at Rosemead! :thumbsup: I also saw a Hulk Mighty Muggs and JLU Hawkman pack stashed there but left those.

I stopped by Rosemead WM just to see if they had any Transformers Animated - plenty of the Optimus/Megatron 2 packs but no deluxes or voyagers.
Did you get one of those optimus/megatron 2 packs ?

figrin bran
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Did you get one of those optimus/megatron 2 packs ?

No, I'm going to wait for Voyager Optimus and Leader class Megatron :D

JediTricks
06-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Culver City Target had a single TFU Rancor.

Maradona
06-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Today was the day of the Viper! I found 7 at Azusa TRU and 1 next door at Azusa WM. Then there were 8 at Baldwin Park Target, so I picked up 2 to make an even 10. Azusa WM had almost a dozen Indy Troop Cars, so I finally picked one up.

Now a story about Burbank TRU...

On Saturday night, I was nearby and decided to drop in. It was 8:52 when I rolled up and the inside gate in the entrance was already pulled shut. The large blonde woman who I assume was the manager on duty was stationed at the exit letting people out. There were still people checking out. I went up to her to let me in and she said they were closed. I pointed out that closing time was 9 and it was not 9. She reiterated that SHE was closed, to which I replied that it was not closing time according to the posted hours. Now I knew that there was likely nothing inside that I would buy, but on principle I wanted entry. So I told her that I knew what I wanted. She grilled me as to what it was and finally called over an employee to walk me to what I asked for (I said a basketball). He walked me over and told me how she NEVER lets people in after she decides to close. He went on to say that they had opened 10 minutes early that morning, which made it "legal" for them to close 10 minutes early. I searched through the basketballs until the clock passed 9:05 and, shockingly, didn't find what I told the lady I wanted, yet I still walked out smiling.

Commtech
06-09-2008, 03:04 AM
He went on to say that they had opened 10 minutes early that morning, which made it "legal" for them to close 10 minutes early.

That is complete Bull$heet!! I was there at opening that same day and they didn't open 10 mins. early. I know who that (extra) large blonde woman was. Her name is Susan and she is the one who told me that it was a perk of the TRU employees to grab the hard to find stuff before the store is open. This was when I put a complaint with her about an employee walking out of the stock room with some variants right in front of us collectors/customers, showing off his score and then proceeding to pay for them at customer service (Dazed & Confused's post) with an employee discount to top it off!:mad:

bikerscout
06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
why do you guys even bother with that p.o.s. store? It's smack dab in the middle of the wretched hive of scalper villainy.

Commtech
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
why do you guys even bother with that p.o.s. store? It's smack dab in the middle of the wretched hive of scalper villainy.

I've found good stuff every now and then there. Plus, it's a few block away from my house.

JediTricks
06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
That store could be in the garage of my apartment building and I'd still avoid going there most of the time.

figrin bran
06-09-2008, 10:35 PM
If nothing else, Burbank TRU is good for some laughs!

And I'd rather put up with Dazed any day over Pimply Faced Teen at La Cienega TRU.

bikerscout
06-09-2008, 10:58 PM
i can only remember finding good stuff at Burbank TRU maybe 3 times in the last 3 years. That's a crappy average.

If anyone finds a Crimson Empire comic pk. could you stash one for me?
thanx!
need one pretty quickly

update: found some last night miraculously. One is for a trade and the other I will keep. I also found a shadow guard. hooray!

Commtech
06-09-2008, 11:41 PM
It's easy how it works at Burbank TRU: You just gotta call and see what day they get a truck. Just show up that day AT OPENING and the stuff will be there. You don't have to go every day of the week looking and wasting your time and gas. Yes, you still have to put up with the employees, but that's the same situation at every TRU.

bikerscout
06-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Panorama walmart had a nice selection of TF animated. They had a little bit of everything - so if you're into those animated head on down. I don't want to say what was there and then have it be gone when u get there. Pm for add'tl details.
Also I found the crimson empire pack and FU shadow guard there. I think they were putbacks from a stash. Lucked out.
Indy vehicle fans. I saw a few cargo trucks and the jungle cutter as well.

Funny Money
06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
sorry for the late post, I stashed all 3 of the 'black and grey armored' SL Troopers,(sorry guys, don't remember what they are all named) at TRU la cienega this morning, the stash should still be there. Pm me for location.

bikerscout
06-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Utapau Shadow Troopers FM. If they rerelease the SDCC excl. Shadow Scout, I hope they repaint the visor red like these guys. They'll look like the comic version and 20x better. I know this is wishful thinking with Hasbro.

figrin bran
06-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Panorama walmart had a nice selection of TF animated. They had a little bit of everything - so if you're into those animated head on down. I don't want to say what was there and then have it be gone when u get there. Pm for add'tl details.
Also I found the crimson empire pack and FU shadow guard there. I think they were putbacks from a stash. Lucked out.
Indy vehicle fans. I saw a few cargo trucks and the jungle cutter as well.

I'd PM you about the Transformers but I won't have time to get out there until Sat. Oh well, that's what the HTS preorders are for.

Maradona
06-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Battle on Mygeeto is up at HTS, as are 8-pack army building bundles of troopers which show 9 figures instead of the 8 advertised.

K M Toydarian
06-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Battle on Mygeeto is up at HTS, as are 8-pack army building bundles of troopers which show 9 figures instead of the 8 advertised.

And 1 more "Party Pack"...
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=21995&PG=2
Could they all really be UGH Lukes though?

bikerscout
06-11-2008, 08:44 AM
If anyone has an extra TAC UGH Galactic Marine for trade or for sale, plmk. I need one to complete my UGHs.
thanks!

Jango Speck
06-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Looks like I won't be going to ComiCon afterall- my escrow closes that week, so I'll be moving, which means I'll finally have my Star Wars room! Bring on the Detolfs!

Commtech
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Looks like I won't be going to ComiCon afterall- my escrow closes that week, so I'll be moving, which means I'll finally have my Star Wars room! Bring on the Detolfs!

Did you buy a 4 day pass by any chance? If anyone else has an extra one or decided you can't attend, I'll buy it from you. I need one and they are now sold out. (That's what happens when you procrastinate)

Chaddymac
06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Guys, help Speck out so he can go to Comic-Con! He just completed my collection of all the items I had outstanding over the past 10 years. He can't wait to part with his old stuff. If you've got something you're looking for, let him know.

Thanks for helping me out, JS!

JodyB
06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Did you buy a 4 day pass by any chance? If anyone else has an extra one or decided you can't attend, I'll buy it from you. I need one and they are now sold out. (That's what happens when you procrastinate)

Go as a Professional... You can request that form from the site all you have to do is provide a Union Card and 3 credits... Then you get a free 4 day pass with access to the "Professional Lounge" Upstairs with plenty of seats and free Coffee and Lemonade...

Commtech
06-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Go as a Professional... You can request that form from the site all you have to do is provide a Union Card and 3 credits... Then you get a free 4 day pass with access to the "Professional Lounge" Upstairs with plenty of seats and free Coffee and Lemonade...

I'll do it!! Thanks!

CrunchyNug
06-11-2008, 09:46 PM
You might have to jump though a few hoops because the Pro Registration period ended in May, but if you email them and play nice, you'll probably still get in.:pleased:

Maradona
06-11-2008, 10:30 PM
On site professional registration is always available, but they'll charge around $20 for it. I've had friends register with something as simple as a business card. It really depends on who you registers you when you get there.

Commtech
06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
You might have to jump though a few hoops because the Pro Registration period ended in May, but if you email them and play nice, you'll probably still get in.:pleased:

Thanks Crunchy. Yeah, I read it on the website and did exactly what you suggested by sending a nice email. I hope I didn't sound too desperate in the email when quoting part of my resume.lol

swabie2424
06-12-2008, 03:55 AM
You should get the pass. I had a buddy last year who registered late and still got one. I'll tell you though... they may start cracking down because at some point they'll realize they'd rather sell the tickets.

Hey guys... just wanted to let you know that's I've added an important new page at GalacticBinder this evening. It's a page for Star Wars coupons and discounts from across the web. (We figured... why not bind those together too?) This is something EVERYONE will want to use. We're going to be ruthless in keeping it up to date and as complete as possible. We'll be adding in plenty of stores and coupons as we find them or people send them in to us. And with gas being about a zillion bucks a gallon... ordering online gets more appealing every day instead of going out in the car.

If you know of anything I'm missing right now... PM me.

I hope it saves you some republic credits!

http://www.galacticbinder.com/pCoupons.html

bikerscout
06-12-2008, 06:00 AM
I don't know about offing people and smashing kittens just to keep a coupon page up to date swabie. lol

Looks like we have a lot of writers, editors, animators, and maybe some producers on SSG!!! Glad i got my pro pass early. Definitely will check out the lounge!

Turbowars
06-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I think the professional registration is a bunch of FN BS! Now I can understand if you have something to do with the show, but all the guys that use the professional registration to only save money while we all know you can afford it and use it just to snake your way in early is wrong and the Scum bags that do this know who they are. I love how when the doors open at the Con that it looks like it has been open for half a day. Think I like paying $75 for the pass? Not really, but I have a blast so it's not that big of a deal.

Jango Speck
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I've used the professional registration. What's wrong with taking advantage of the opportunity? It's so damn expensive and time consuming to go to San Diego, I'll take any freebies I can. I didn't know they'd let us in early, since I only go for one day on the weekend, so that probably does kind of suck. In any case, I'm not going this year.

I had hoped that Indy 4 would be good and I'd find some good stuff at the Con, but I was so depressed after the movie, that I just don't care. Incidentally, the Frank Darabont Indy 4 script was leaked online today- I can't wait to read it this weekend, if only to find out what George Lucas didn't like about it.

Turbowars
06-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I've used the professional registration. What's wrong with taking advantage of the opportunity? It's so damn expensive and time consuming to go to San Diego, I'll take any freebies I can. I didn't know they'd let us in early, since I only go for one day on the weekend, so that probably does kind of suck. Thats the problem, there's too many people taking advantage of the professional registration that aren't professional. That's in terms of people that have absolutely nothing to do with the Con.

MicroJow
06-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Last I checked, Professionals are not admitted to the show early. Exhibitors, on the other hand, get in something like 2 hours early on the first day and up to an hour early on the rest of the days. I'm an exhibitor (I'm not a scalper dealer - I publish a webcomic. Read it. (http://www.piratecovecomic.com) You might like it!) and only ever see Staff or Exhibitor badges in the time before the doors are announced as "open."

- Joe

Turbowars
06-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I probably shouldn't had said anything. I was a bit mad when I posted that. I just had to pay some big old bills of my ex wives.

JodyB
06-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah... Comic-Con is a trade show after all... Like how at E3 people that are somehow involved with Video games get into the show free from Store workers to Devs like any other trade show. Also goes with restaurant trade shows people working in Food service get in free.

So Comic-Con is a MEDIA show! You live in LA and a lot of us work with in the MEDIA somehow here in LA... Movies, TV, Animation, Comics what ever... We have a right to a free pass like a restaurant manger can get into a food service show for free.

and no we do not get in early to the con... just free lemonade upstairs

Turbowars
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
I believe the Restaurant trade Cons would be a little less popular with the General public than the SDCC. Do they have exclusive knives and recipes at these Food cons? Pretty lame comparison. I figured you would be one to respond.

JodyB
06-12-2008, 08:27 PM
I believe the Restaurant trade Cons would be a little less popular with the General public than the SDCC. Do they have exclusive knives and recipes at these Food cons? Pretty lame comparison. I figured you would be one to respond.

lol... Grow up

Turbowars
06-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah I'll grow up when I have my foot up your @ss punk.:thumbsup:

JodyB
06-12-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't know what your problem is with me... you're such a bitter person...

Just trying to give you proper information and that is also why I used E3 as a example...

But what ever... just go about being bitter at the world dude... what ever keeps you happy

Jango Speck
06-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow, it's like reading the threads at Rebelscum! Can we get back to something more interesting now?

I saw the new pix of the CW animated figures and will definitely be passing on those! GG has the new Emperor Maquette, it seems like we've been waiting for-ever for that one.

Jango Speck
06-12-2008, 09:21 PM
P.S. Anyone want to buy my Indy 4 poster? It's still in the tube.

Turbowars
06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
You know what, you guys don't know what I'm going through. Why would you I really don't talk about it. Yeah, my cancer looks to be gone, but there's a huge amount of crap you go through after. So say what you want to say Speak and Jody. In the long run it makes no difference. Besides it's so damn dead in the world of SW what else is there to talk about.

Commtech
06-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I've got good news (well, at least for me). I got a reply from Comic Con and they have extended the Professionals registration deadline, W000t!
After all the crap I have to put up with sometimes as an actor in this industry, I WILL take advantage of this.:D
Thank you guys (esp. Jody), for informing me about it and for the tips.:thumbsup:

Commtech
06-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Check out the new 12" G.I. Joe snake eyes from Sideshow:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=26101

Great figure but the price is way to high! Don't know if I should get it.:cross-eye

Jango Speck
06-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Turbo, relax man. I have no issues with you. I don't see how your comments had anything to do with your personal matters. Since our forum isn't moderated I felt the need to step in and get you guys to "simmer down". JodyB tried to defend himself, but ended up provoking more nonsense. Just use the PM to air your grievances.

For the record: I attended a food convention once, and was really ****ed when I got to the Velveeta booth, only to find that their 50th anniversary limited edition exclusive cheese log was all sold out. Some guy at the Ritz Cracker booth was totally scalping the logs for like $50 each!

Turbowars
06-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Turbo, relax man. I have no issues with you. I don't see how your comments had anything to do with your personal matters. Since our forum isn't moderated I felt the need to step in and get you guys to "simmer down". JodyB tried to defend himself, but ended up provoking more nonsense. Just use the PM to air your grievances.

For the record: I attended a food convention once, and was really ****ed when I got to the Velveeta booth, only to find that their 50th anniversary limited edition exclusive cheese log was all sold out. Some guy at the Ritz Cracker booth was totally scalping the logs for like $50 each!
Yeah just as you should had just PMed me. You have no idea how much my comments have to do with my personal matters. I'm happy you are Jody's Keeper. The problem is just about all of you guys get in free, so why would you be thinking as I do?

Jango Speck
06-13-2008, 12:21 AM
I responded publicly because of the comments going back and forth. With the recent lack of new finds on this forum, I have no desire to read this flame war, so I will end my comments here and now.

bikerscout
06-13-2008, 01:30 AM
hilarious story Speck. TW needs to seriously chill out. If you're having a bad day/week, please don't take it out on people in the forum. Take it out on the scalpers. Especially Velveeta scalpers!!!

i know you're having a rough time with what you're fighting, but I hope your health improves back to 100% TW.

Kidhuman
06-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Ok fellas, back on topic please.

Turbo, at least you can sleep at night knowing you did the right thing and didnt take advantage of a broken system

bikerscout
06-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Wow, the SS Snake Eyes looks amazing. Don't collect those though, I'll just keep my 3.75" Hasbro SE.

KidH -
Not everyone who got a pro pass did the 'wrong' thing. My paystubs, callsheets and Imdb are legit. This should be a perk of working in the entertainment field.

Commtech
06-13-2008, 12:51 PM
New coupon everyone:

http://www.bk.com/hulk/pdf/Hulk_BK_online1.pdf

Swabie: I emailed this info to the binder.

JediTricks
06-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Check out the new 12" G.I. Joe snake eyes from Sideshow:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=26101

Great figure but the price is way to high! Don't know if I should get it.:cross-eyeThat's an insane amount of accessories, almost too much really, but it doesn't surprise me that it tacks a ton onto the final price. Still, this is NOT a difficult character to do, there's no facial likeness to get right, costume is dead-simple, no paint to worry about on the figure, so it does seem about $30-$40 overpriced.

toonimator
06-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Agreed... and after having bought some geared Joes or 21st Century 12" figures several years ago (with kneepads, straps all over, etc) it's more trouble than it's worth to pose 'em and NOT have all the bits fall off or sag or whatever. Snake Eyes' kneepads are drooping heavily in a few of those shots! Way overpriced...

swabie2424
06-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey thanks Commtech. I didn't see your earlier post. Didn't know it was you who sent it to me. Thanks again, man.

Kidhuman
06-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Wow, the SS Snake Eyes looks amazing. Don't collect those though, I'll just keep my 3.75" Hasbro SE.

KidH -
Not everyone who got a pro pass did the 'wrong' thing. My paystubs, callsheets and Imdb are legit. This should be a perk of working in the entertainment field.

I am not saying everyone did, but am referring to Turbo doing the right thing by not filling it out. I am sure plenty of people took advantage of the opportunity to get in at no cost or whatever perk you get that way. If you deserve it, then good for you, but if you dont, then its wrong. Either way it doesnt matter to me.

Commtech
06-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I am not saying everyone did, but am referring to Turbo doing the right thing by not filling it out. I am sure plenty of people took advantage of the opportunity to get in at no cost or whatever perk you get that way. If you deserve it, then good for you, but if you dont, then its wrong. Either way it doesnt matter to me.

From what I've heard and from the information I was requested to verify if I'm eligible for the pass or not, it's not that easy to get it. They are kind of tough in selecting if you qualify or not. I guess if you are, for example, an accountant from a production company or someone who's not directly involved with the creative process and you try to get one, then it's wrong. But then again, that application would be rejected since you don't meet the requirements.
Who's to say, but only them, if you "deserve" it or not? It's their show.

bikerscout
06-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I had to buy a whole new printer (after my older Epson crapped out on me) just to print my Imdb to submit. So so much for the free pass. It still sucks that the exclusives are really weak this year.

Jango Speck
06-14-2008, 12:34 AM
I had to buy a whole new printer (after my older Epson crapped out on me) just to print my Imdb to submit. So so much for the free pass. It still sucks that the exclusives are really weak this year.

No printer at work or school? Why not put it on a usb stick and go to kinko's?

Chaddymac
06-14-2008, 02:35 AM
They don't all suck - I'm looking forward to the Mighty Muggs Indy Idol.

bikerscout
06-14-2008, 03:06 AM
No printer at work or school? Why not put it on a usb stick and go to kinko's?

I needed a new printer anyway, but for max efficiency I opted out of going to kinko's. No school, no printer at work really. i freelance.

Tycho
06-14-2008, 01:10 PM
The time and date stamp on this thread seems to be out-of-whack.

I'm just testing to see if my post might make a difference.

How it's relevant to "Just Found?" I may have just found the ISE after all this time :D

Tycho
06-14-2008, 01:14 PM
OK, what it is, is that on my User CP thread list, it shows a post by Kidhuman TODAY at 7:20pm. (It's not 7:20pm yet even in KH's time zone right now - Virginia time is about 1:15 right now).

So I think there could have been some error made due to all the editing that might have happened in this thread due to the "war" being waged here.

JediTricks
06-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Agreed... and after having bought some geared Joes or 21st Century 12" figures several years ago (with kneepads, straps all over, etc) it's more trouble than it's worth to pose 'em and NOT have all the bits fall off or sag or whatever. Snake Eyes' kneepads are drooping heavily in a few of those shots! Way overpriced...I have a 21st Century figure that I chose to gear to the hilt, and actually their gear at that time (from '99 to about 2003) largely stayed put, did what it was told (the notable exception was the nightvision headset, that piece is not designed very well because it's dependent on high elastic straps). However, once he took a fall it was a disaster, parts went everywhere, kneepads and web gear all out of whack, it was a mess. And the more I tried to fix the situation, the worse it got. Now all the weapon straps slide down and nothing stays on his shoulders for long, it's pathetic, he looks like a tired, lost tourist rather than the one-man-army I intended.

Maradona
06-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Time warp-type finds on Rosemead Blvd. today. At Target, I found Saga R5-D4, Endor Rebel, and Death Star Gunner. Then at K-Mart, I found 2 Polis Masan and a Mas Ameeda. I didn't buy any, but it was bizarre to see figures from 2 and 3 years ago. For all I know, since I so rarely visit both locations, they could've been there for awhile...

netsolo
06-15-2008, 04:10 AM
Speck, which version of the Indy 4 poster? I might take it off your hands.

Not to poke at the downed bee hive but I signed up for CCI as a professional... but I'm working on four of the properties being displayed by the studios, we're showing off a reel of features on an upcoming Blu-ray release on one of them, and I'll be "working" through 90% of the four days, so I think the free ticket is justified. I think if I was just going to pimp out my publishing company, I still wouldn't sign up as a professional. Just my two cents... sorry.

As far as scouting for stuff, nothing to report at NoHo Target. Fry's has a whole bin of Indy figures at their staggering mind-blowing $9.99/figure if anyone out there is still collecting them.

Turbowars
06-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Ok fellas, back on topic please.

Turbo, at least you can sleep at night knowing you did the right thing and didnt take advantage of a broken system
Thank you Kid.

You too Netsolo! Your deal sounds legit.

bikerscout
06-16-2008, 07:13 AM
i hate doing this b/c of the collector enemies lurking in the shadows but I don't have time to PM everyone. Sherman Oaks target had multiple voyager Grimlocks and lugnuts (? -the decepticon); prime vs. meg 2 packs and deepspace SSs on an endcap. This was around 7pm yesterday. No bulkheads, starscreams or deluxe figures that I could see. On the SW front there was a Gree and an Evo trooper on the pegs. Joes - the copperhead and shipwreck comicpack, and the other new one - I can't remember the names, it wasn't firefly and ss.

Commtech
06-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Alright!! So Transformers animated is finally hitting Targets!

figrin bran
06-16-2008, 10:38 PM
I guess I won't be getting a Roron Corrob character key after all as it's sold out on Andrewztoys and I can't find it on the Acme site.

JediTricks
06-17-2008, 12:27 AM
TRU Los Feliz had a TF:A Ratchet, a few Starscreams and Deluxe Optimi, and a few of the Optimi vs Megatronius sets as well. Easy easy easy pass.

figrin bran
06-17-2008, 12:44 AM
TRU Los Feliz had a TF:A Ratchet, a few Starscreams and Deluxe Optimi, and a few of the Optimi vs Megatronius sets as well. Easy easy easy pass.

Your loss for passing up the Screamer! :p

Those were probably left over from what I saw there last Sat. (bought Screamer, Ratchet, Blackarachnia, deluxe Optimus. The $10 off a $50 dollar purchase knocked down one of the deluxes to just around a dollar).

BlueSnags
06-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Heads up - Scored one of each Build-a-Droid set, along with 1x Dooku/Anakin, 4x Kashyyyk Trooper/Wookiee Warriors and 4x Stormtrooper/Lando Comic Packs earlier today at Walmart.

-Snags

BlueSnags
06-17-2008, 01:01 AM
I guess I won't be getting a Roron Corrob character key after all as it's sold out on Andrewztoys and I can't find it on the Acme site.

Here's the link if you still want one:

http://www.characterkey.com/

-Snags

figrin bran
06-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Here's the link if you still want one:

http://www.characterkey.com/

-Snags

Thanks Snags! Bikerscout already provided that link to me so I was able to get one. :D

CrunchyNug
06-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Heads up - Scored one of each Build-a-Droid set, along with 1x Dooku/Anakin, 4x Kashyyyk Trooper/Wookiee Warriors and 4x Stormtrooper/Lando Comic Packs earlier today at Walmart.

-Snags

I found the end cap thingy with the new stuff in it at Walmart too. I grabbed a few of the comics, but that's about it. I'm just not too impressed with this round of Exclusives.

Tycho
06-17-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm just testing the time-date stamp on this thread. It's the only one that seemed to be out-of-whack.

[Edit] seems fine to me, now. I think some knarly moderating was done in this thread before and that messed its continuity up.

I may go to Target this morning. I have some other things I need to buy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet.

CrunchyNug
06-17-2008, 11:08 AM
I almost forgot...thanks to Turbo for the hot tip on the WM discovery yesterday!!!

UPDATE: I found IJ Last Crusade figures this morning at WM. The only one I got was the German Officer dude. I think he'll fit in nicely amongst the GI Joe ranks.

Commtech
06-17-2008, 08:16 PM
TFA Grimlocks, Lugnuts, Starscream, Megatron, Bulkheads, etc. at Burbank and Van Nuys Targets.

JediTricks
06-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm just testing the time-date stamp on this thread. It's the only one that seemed to be out-of-whack.

[Edit] seems fine to me, now. I think some knarly moderating was done in this thread before and that messed its continuity up.

I may go to Target this morning. I have some other things I need to buy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet.You would be mistaken, as usual, about the timestamp being due to any moderating. Not only is it not in the log, but there's no way to do it anyway.

figrin bran
06-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Following the HTS server "upgrade", have any of you experienced strange things with your preorders? i.e. cancellations. I did email them to cancel some of the animated TF's I bought but not all of them. However, they cancelled everything but Grimlock. My Last Crusade Indy figures don't appear in my order status either. Furthermore, everything that I have on preorder (that didn't get cancelled) is due to ship 6/17 which I find hard to believe.

Tycho
06-18-2008, 02:13 AM
You would be mistaken, as usual.

I am NOT mistaken "as usual." That was insulting. You watch and see: Michael Bay will be awarded the Nobel Prize and I predicted it here, first!

CrunchyNug
06-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Following the HTS server "upgrade", have any of you experienced strange things with your preorders?

One of my GI Joe pre-orders placed on 4/11 is suddenly missing. It had all the vehicles on it too!!!

Commtech
06-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Found the Voyager Optimus Prime today at Burbank target. There were also a starscream, grimlock and megatron, but I just needed Prime. I was able to use the coupon when I combined Prime with the Transformers Animated DVD which was released yesterday. The cashier didn't mind that it wasn't a $25 minimum toy combination for the discount.:thumbsup:

toonimator
06-18-2008, 12:15 PM
There was also a Lugnut there. I picked up Starscream, looks cool so far! Passed on Grimlock for now, waitin for a different Megatron and have no interest in Lug.

So is the HTS 'upgrade' the reason the subcategories don't appear on the left anymore? It's a pain lookin for the animated TFs through 9 pages of ALL Transformers.

Still nothing fun or new in the SW section... big surprise! I think they had the last Comic Pack wave (Luke/Deena, etc... which was MONTHS ago...) on one day only, maybe a couple more if i wasn't there and they sold out. If that.

The LEGO aisle has the Target-exclusive TIE Crawler... and since it's so 'old' now it's outta the system. If only it was the Dwarves & Orcs set from the same time, I'd have gone for that to feed my Warcraft addiction. :)

Luuuuuuke
06-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I haven't been hitting the stores, but I did get the RAH Shocktrooper I ordered from Starwarsshop.com yesterday. It's a freaking great looking figure, even better than the RAH 501st clone, but it's so expensive: $177 after taxes.

I did buy only one of the Animated TF figures, the Voyager Starscream. I was slightly tempted to get the Megatron, but I passed. Montebello KayBees had a couple of Starscreams and Megatrons.

Chaddymac
06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow, all my pre-orders but one got eliminated, too. Plus, I had fulfilled orders that have mysteriously disappeared. Motherfrakker! I'm suddenly glad I stopped by TRU to pick up the deluxes I ordered since it seems they won't be honoring my reservation.

CrunchyNug
06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
I called HTS yesterday and was told that there are a lot of glitches in the new system and to check back for any missing orders. Low and behold, my missing order has reappeared this morning.:ermm:

Commtech
06-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Went today to Burbank Target hoping to still find the clearanced Lego Tie Crawler that Toonimater saw yesterday for Darkagent. Of course it wasn't there anymore. I hope someone from here got it (Snags maybe??).
As long as it wasn't Chubby13...
Sorry Darkagent.

BlueSnags
06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Went today to Burbank Target hoping to still find the clearanced Lego Tie Crawler that Toonimater saw yesterday for Darkagent. Of course it wasn't there anymore. It wouldn't surprise me that someone from here got it (Snags maybe??).
As long as it wasn't Chubby13...
Sorry Darkagent.

Wasn't me.

-Snags

Commtech
06-19-2008, 02:15 PM
take a look at these beauties:

http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/DSC00301.jpg
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/DSC00300.jpg

Commtech
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh.... one more thing. New coupon:

http://toysrus.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?mhRlE0y1_VTTBTZUC_V.2eHRzHsL_.3dzbElo hJrIsHlmVTFRHohhDJht

swabie2424
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Nice pictures Commtech. Man, Hasbro is knocking these vehicles out of the park.

And thanks for sending the coupon to us over at GB. We posted it right up. You probably just cost TRU a few hundreds bucks. Sweet!

bikerscout
06-20-2008, 12:51 AM
bluesnags and crunchynug will have the new vehicles by the end of this month. :p

Turbowars
06-20-2008, 01:26 AM
I almost forgot...thanks to Turbo for the hot tip on the WM discovery yesterday!!!You got it bud.

wampaslayr
06-20-2008, 02:37 AM
WalMart Stevenson Ranch just put out all Droid Factory sets. They had a couple of the Han set, which I thought could only be found through their online store. There were plenty of the other 5 sets and the display was in the center aisle of the toy section. Overall, they are pretty cool sets.

MicroJow
06-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the tip, WS! I got a full set and had plenty to root through for the best paint jobs! They also had that CARS cube in the aisle, but it had already been rooted through for all the new stuff.

- J

wampaslayr
06-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the tip, WS! I got a full set and had plenty to root through for the best paint jobs! They also had that CARS cube in the aisle, but it had already been rooted through for all the new stuff.

- J

Glad you scored on the DF sets. When I was there last night, the guy that stocks toys was putting out fresh cases of Hot Wheels and there was a guy talking with the stocker and letting him search through the case and I'm sure he did the same thing with the Cars vehicles as well. One time when I was going through the cases on the pallet, he scolded me and told me to stay away from his pallets. He's a real jerk.

BlueSnags
06-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Picked up another set of clearanced Target Galactic Heroes exclusive sets (Mustafar & Endor) today for $5 + tax each. I already have one set of each, so I'm offering them up here. First one to PM me gets them. Price will be $12 total.

-Snags:thumbsup:

RUSHBOY
06-21-2008, 08:08 PM

- J

My local Walmart also had that CARS cube and when I got there at about 6 am they had 3 yeti's 3 dale jr's 3 stacy's and about 8 Al Oft the lightyear blimp !! They also had G I Joe comic packs the one with Shipwreck (which is awesome) and the Storm Shadow vs Firefly !

darkagent
06-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Duarte WM has plenty of the SW exclusives (DF and comic packs).

Jango Speck
06-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Went to Burbank TRU at noon and found the full FU wave and a set of the last Legends. Grabbed my two shadow stormies. They have a lot more big wing Tie's now and loads of the new battlepacks.

Tycho
06-23-2008, 04:05 AM
In light of the BMF, I've wondered whether I should get some large winged TIEs and then maybe turn to eBay or wherever and get a properly scaled X-wing.

I think the Falcon is special, and I just don't know about the rest. TIEs need electronics at one point or another!

Maradona
06-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Rosemead WM had dozens of every exclusive today. The cashier allowed me to take a display with my purchases.

Jango Speck
06-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Ordered a Animated Emperor Palpatine maquette from NFC last night and it has already shipped!

santosha
06-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Saw Rancors and a set of Order 66 at Target this morning on the discount rack. Order 66 6.98 and Rancor 29.98.

BlueSnags
06-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Shadow Stormtroopers are available on KBtoys.com

-Snags

toonimator
06-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I got my SSC exclusive Smuggler Han yesterday... and broke his main blaster already. I think it's the way they packed it. When I went to put it back in the tray, the scope--already pointing down towards the barrel rather than parallel--broke off. The holster is pretty snug. Had to squeeze it and listen to tearing sounds of glue separating to get either gun in even partway; only got the main blaster in fully, didn't wanna risk the Cantina's skinny barrel snapping off like Bespin Luke's.

Burbank Target was pretty good today! They've still got one Rancor left, $27.98. If not for space issues... hopefully we'll get an ROTJ Rancor just as good in the next couple years, after I've reorganized a bit. Picked up Blue Iron Monger and Titanium Man (bout time they put an Iron Man peg back out!), Mighty Muggs Hulk, and TFA Prowl (Lockdown was also sitting on a shelf, but Prowl was on the Fast Action Battler pegs). Can't wait to open him tonight & start fixing his flaws :rolleyes:

MicroJow
06-27-2008, 07:06 PM
There's a blue Iron Monger out there? Is this meant to be a "comic" variant?

- J

toonimator
06-27-2008, 08:31 PM
No, it's the "movie" variant! He had blue eyes & chest in the film, but first release had red.

Maradona
06-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Two of the Targets I visited today had Order 66 on clearance, two did not. PM if interested. Also, on a whim, I visited a Big Lots where they have Marvel Legends Icons for $10. I went hoping to find the knock-off Transformers I decided not to buy a few months back. Gone...another case of buy now or regret later.

Cataclizm1
06-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Hey guys. Long time no see! Just started a new job in LA at the ING Direct building. If you're in the neighborhood stop by and say hi. Also if anyone see's GI JOE wave 9 please stash for me. (Hawk, Bazooka, Barbecue, B.A.T., Snow Serpent, Black Storm Shadow) Thanks a million.

bikerscout
06-28-2008, 04:48 AM
ING direct - is that in Westwood or Koreatown? i forgot. It's nice that the order 66 are finally going on clearance, but when they go 50% off it might be hard to find the ones you want.

Bluesnags & crunchynug - have you made it back from Canada yet on that falcon run? :p

Cataclizm1
06-28-2008, 03:05 PM
ING direct - is that in Westwood or Koreatown? i forgot.
L.A. off the 405 and Santa Monica blvd.

Today I found a bunch of new Transformers at TRU. Classics 2.0 Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Tankor. And the Marvel Transformers, picked up Iron man and Venom. Sunstreaker is quite possible the greatest TF ever made.

JediTricks
06-28-2008, 07:34 PM
today I Found A Bunch Of New Transformers At Tru. Classics 2.0 Sunstreaker, Prowl, And Tankor. And The Marvel Transformers, Picked Up Iron Man And Venom. Sunstreaker Is Quite Possible The Greatest Tf Ever Made.where?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Chaddymac
06-28-2008, 08:09 PM
where?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
ditto!!!!!!

figrin bran
06-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Los Feliz TRU had them this morning! However, I got some of them and then Darkagent got some and then Senor Sanchez got the rest. It was funny b/c Sparky or Porky (I forget what they call this particular HWer) was looking at them but didn't touch them.

I also got Voyager Optimus Animated from Glendale Target where the aforementioned Sparky got Snarl, Soundwave and Jazz. grrr!

Commtech
06-28-2008, 09:36 PM
I also got Voyager Optimus Animated from Glendale Target where the aforementioned Sparky got Snarl, Soundwave and Jazz. grrr!

Wave 3 deluxe already hit? Shoot! I gotta check my Target tomorrow!

Is Sparky the HWheeler with the PT Cruiser?

darkagent
06-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Wave 3 deluxe already hit? Shoot! I gotta check my Target tomorrow!

Is Sparky the HWheeler with the PT Cruiser?

it's Spanky. He's the worst. He use to go only for HW, but now he buys almost everything. I think he drives a black Chevy Blazer.

Cataclizm1
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM

Sorry it was city of Hawthorne TRU. But all the Universe TFs were pretty much wiped out after a few minutes.

figrin bran
06-29-2008, 02:33 AM
it's Spanky. He's the worst. He use to go only for HW, but now he buys almost everything. I think he drives a black Chevy Blazer.

Yes, his car is a Chevy Blazer as I saw him pulling into the LF TRU lot this morning. No kidding about him buying everything...at Glendale Target, there was only 1 register open and so while I was waiting to pay for my Voyager Optimus, I noticed he spent around $150 in various toys - Transformers Animated, Cars, HW , I think he boasted about getting 2 Treasure Hunts and some wrestling figures.

Guess I'll have to change my route on Sat. mornings but the problem is that El Puerco goes to the stores that I normally hit

Btw, I stashed a Stealth Bumblebee at Glendale Target if anyone's interested.

Commtech
06-29-2008, 02:45 AM
No man, don't give up! Don't change your route. Just get there before opening and beat him to the toys. Besides, saturday morning is when all TRUs are getting the new stuff from the truck lately.:thumbsup:

Maradona
06-29-2008, 03:18 AM

I was there! Spanky got there just in front of me and acted though he had won the lottery. I went to Evil Rock first, looking for an encheapened Rancor without any luck. He was there first, too. He rushed out and made a drag strip out of Colorado Blvd. towards the galleria. I caught up to him on the escalator there, where he told me that he'd been cited for speeding the week before. Regardless, he cleaned up this morning.

FYI, he also tries to sell grocery store steaks which a friend of his gets him. As crazy as the term sounds, he's also a beef scalper. So if anyone is having a BBQ...

Jango Speck
06-29-2008, 03:53 AM
I'm sorry but if you have to resort to selling stolen meat out of your car in random parking lots- you might want to just call Jack Kevorkian.

Likewise, if you have to buy anonymous meat from a guy in a parking lot...

Commtech
06-29-2008, 12:27 PM
FYI, he also tries to sell grocery store steaks which a friend of his gets him. As crazy as the term sounds, he's also a beef scalper. So if anyone is having a BBQ...

That is really sad...

stillakid
06-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Likewise, if you have to buy anonymous meat from a guy in a parking lot...

This is a family site! :lipsrsealed:

Cataclizm1
06-29-2008, 02:31 PM
This morning I went to

Torrance Walmart
Crenshaw walmart (Had some droid factory stuff)
Inglewood target
gardena target
Torrance target
Torrance K-mart
Redondo beach target
Manhattan beach target
Hawthorne TRU

and I didn't find jack sh*t! Still looking for GI JOE wave 9 and TF animated Jazz, Soundwave, and Snarl.

JediTricks
06-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Los Feliz TRU had them this morning! However, I got some of them and then Darkagent got some and then Senor Sanchez got the rest. It was funny b/c Sparky or Porky (I forget what they call this particular HWer) was looking at them but didn't touch them.Dude, I'm gonna knock that stocker's teeth down his throat! I went there on Friday evening and the turd told me "NO!" when I asked about 'em, even though he was bringing out Animated stock for another customer.

I also got Voyager Optimus Animated from Glendale Target where the aforementioned Sparky got Snarl, Soundwave and Jazz. grrr!Ouch, good haul for him.

figrin bran
06-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Dude, I'm gonna knock that stocker's teeth down his throat! I went there on Friday evening and the turd told me "NO!" when I asked about 'em, even though he was bringing out Animated stock for another customer.

You should JT! El Baldy is the worst and the other stockers aren't much better at that store.

JediTricks
06-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I was shocked he brought out 2 cases of Animated for another customer.

darkagent
06-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Man, did I have a bad day with the coupons today. First at Target, the cashier kept insisting that the Target $5 off $25 was only good for the Hello Kitty toys, because that's what was pictured. Then at TRU, I tried using the new 3 day $10 off $50 coupon and the employees didn't think it was legit.

Commtech
06-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Then at TRU, I tried using the new 3 day $10 off $50 coupon and the employees didn't think it was legit.

Where do I get that coupon?

Jango Speck
06-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Can anyone vouch for the quality of SW giclees from Zazzle? I'm dying to buy one of this really big canvas ones, since their selection is so good and prices so low (for unframed), but don't want to chance it if they suck.

Jango Speck
06-30-2008, 01:00 AM
This morning I went to

Torrance Walmart
Crenshaw walmart (Had some droid factory stuff)
Inglewood target
gardena target
Torrance target
Torrance K-mart
Redondo beach target
Manhattan beach target
Hawthorne TRU

and I didn't find jack sh*t! Still looking for GI JOE wave 9 and TF animated Jazz, Soundwave, and Snarl.

Dude, save your gas money. Wait until ComiCon and the upcoming Midnight Madness launch for Clone Wars.

BlueSnags
06-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Picked up a clearanced FU Rancor today for $23 ($28 plus $5 off coupon). This was at North Hollywood Target.

-Snags

bikerscout
06-30-2008, 07:11 AM
pics of the Classics Sunstreaker? For tf, I don't think anything can beat MP Prime, MP SS and MP Megatron. The MP series is just flat out ridiculously great.

Snags and Crunchy - where are your Falcons and AT-TEs?? you're lettin us down!! :p

Chaddymac
06-30-2008, 10:25 AM
pics of the Classics Sunstreaker? For tf, I don't think anything can beat MP Prime, MP SS and MP Megatron. The MP series is just flat out ridiculously great.

Snags and Crunchy - where are your Falcons and AT-TEs?? you're lettin us down!! :p
Here you go: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/Universe+2-Classics+2/Autobots/ClassicsSunstreaker/

Commtech
06-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Nothing interesting at Burbank Target. No new Joes.
I did pick up Ayla Secura's starfighter for $4.98.

Cataclizm1
06-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Found wave 9 JOEs today at Torrance Walmart!

CrunchyNug
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Nice score!!! I heard that these hit somewhere in the Mid-West...Ohio maybe, but it looks like they're on the West side too. I can't wait to get a few of these for sure.

toonimator
06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I scanned an Aayla fighter at Smeagol Rock yesterday... already out of their system (their other clearance items were down futher'n Burbank as well, except recents like the Order 66s). I was tempted to get it & try to go for a good price, but decided to be happy with my Bumblebee which I found there.

Picked up Prototype Iron Man at Burbank today for kicks. Nothing in SW to get excited about. I'd hoped more Legends would show up there, or Comic Packs. It'd be nice to see that Commando/Droid set at retail, or the Crimson Empire set again.

stillakid
07-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Nice score!!! I heard that these hit somewhere in the Mid-West...Ohio maybe, but it looks like they're on the West side too. I can't wait to get a few of these for sure.

I'll be in Ohio for the next couple of weeks, so if there's something you need me to look for, let me know. :)

JediTricks
07-01-2008, 02:59 AM
A solitary Transformers Animated Blackarachnia at Target Burbank today.

AussieScott
07-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi guys,

haven't posted here for a while. My company is changing LA hotels and for the foreseeable future I'll be staying at Newport Beach, next to Fashion Island. It's a new area for me, if there's anyone familiar with the area I'd appreciate any tips on where to shop.

Also, anyone know if the new Falcon is on target for the end of July?

Cheers.

SL

Chaddymac
07-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Aussie - the Falcon and the AT-TE are all on target for the Clone Wars release date of July...help me out guys, 27th?

CrunchyNug
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Got me some Joe lovin' at WM with the discovery of w5 '08. There was one case and I grabbed everybody except Wild Bill. There were several w3 '08 cases too. All in all I got...

B.A.T.
Snow Serpent
Storm Shadow (Black Ninja)
Hawk
Bazooka
Barbecue
Torpedo
H.I.S.S. Driver X2

Surprisingly, I found a pair of Shadow Stormies at Target too. Not a bad run.:thumbsup:

Commtech
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Great score Crunchy! Saw that you finally joined Hisstank.
If you see them again, please stash some (or buy)please. :thumbsup:

bikerscout
07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Aussie - the Falcon and the AT-TE are all on target for the Clone Wars release date of July...help me out guys, 27th?

7/26

yes, bad run crunchy - no falcon and no at-te - :lipsrsealed:

AussieScott
07-01-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks, I'll be there on the 28th so don't buy them all before I get there... I doubt we'll ever see these things in Australia. We're only just now starting to get the $20 vehicle range...

RUSHBOY
07-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I went to Rosemead WM today looking for joes but all they had was 3 Wild Bills and a Torpedo on a bent card . I'm pretty sure they were from w5 08 and someone beat me to all the new figures !!
Also went to Rosemead Target and all they had was junk !

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 12:15 AM
TRU Culver City and W. LA had Indiana Jones Titanium Series vehicles, I picked up the ROTLA Cargo Truck, LC Motorcycle w/ sidecar, and LC Tank. Haven't opened 'em yet, but they look pretty dandy. I passed up the Cutter from the new movie, Mutt on Harley, and the LC biplane.

figrin bran
07-02-2008, 12:32 AM
TRU Culver City and W. LA had Indiana Jones Titanium Series vehicles, I picked up the ROTLA Cargo Truck, LC Motorcycle w/ sidecar, and LC Tank. Haven't opened 'em yet, but they look pretty dandy. I passed up the Cutter from the new movie, Mutt on Harley, and the LC biplane.

Oh no! I wanted to be able to pass on the Indy Titaniums and so the last thing I need to hear is a glowing JT review. Are they priced the same as SW titaniums or slightly higher?

Btw, you should've bought that Animated Blackarachnia! The best version ever made of her and for sale at $8 this week at Target! I punched in the DPCI for Animated Deluxes on Sun. at La Brea Target and wouldn't you know it, they have them in stock, they even have the labeled peg for it but they won't bring any out.

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 12:53 AM
They had TFA deluxes out there last week, those nuts! I found an Optimus Prime on a different shelf. I guess someone got their way and the leftovers were dumped. I just don't care for that Blackarachnia though, I've got enough of this character from the BW/BM days, and I don't like the animated styling here.

Yeah, the Indy Titaniums are nifty enough, I didn't wanna buy 'em either but they're hard to resist, especially when Hasbro won't make the Last Crusade Tank in any other scale, and Indy & Henry are removable from the bike - I posted mini-reviews in the 2 appropriate sections. The price was $6.49, I dunno how much TRU charges for SW Titaniums anymore so I can't judge, but that's roughly the same as what Target charges now.

BlueSnags
07-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Picked up the LEGO Indy Peril in Peru set tonight at TRU. Set was $40.99 (originally $50.99 but I had a $10 coupon).

-Snags

darkagent
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, it was good while it lasted. Looks like Target has finally caught on. I went to Traget this morning and tried to use the $5 off coupon. It rang up as expired. The cashier didn't understand why, since the expiration date on the coupon was 10/1/08, so she went to ask the manager. I looked over and the manager had a sheet in her folder with pictures of the coupon and told the cashier that they would no longer honor the coupon due to fraudulent use.

BlueSnags
07-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Well, it was good while it lasted. Looks like Target has finally caught on. I went to Traget this morning and tried to use the $5 off coupon. It rang up as expired. The cashier didn't understand why, since the expiration date on the coupon was 10/1/08, so she went to ask the manager. I looked over and the manager had a sheet in her folder with pictures of the coupon and told the cashier that they would no longer honor the coupon due to fraudulent use.

That sucks. Was hoping to use that coupon through October.

-Snags

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I wonder how much business these coupons drummed up for them, vs. their $5 losses.

MicroJow
07-02-2008, 07:25 PM
They had the disclaimer posted at all of the Sepulveda Target registers this morning. What a load of crap. I don't want to sound all conspiracy theorist, but why didn't they just say that ALTERED versions of the coupon were not being accepted and continue to take the coupon for $25 or more in TOYS? I'm thinking Target Corpoprate decided they'd given away enough money with the coupon so they decided to find a way out.

- J

bikerscout
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
They had the disclaimer posted at all of the Sepulveda Target registers this morning. What a load of crap. I don't want to sound all conspiracy theorist, but why didn't they just say that ALTERED versions of the coupon were not being accepted and continue to take the coupon for $25 or more in TOYS? I'm thinking Target Corpoprate decided they'd given away enough money with the coupon so they decided to find a way out.

- J

more because people were using altered versions for non-toy purchases. Thanx for ruining it for all of us -cheapos!

swabie2424
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Schnook... I just got shout out with this coupon too. Bleh...

K M Toydarian
07-03-2008, 12:57 AM
I was hoping to use the coupon this summer for clone wars too. I have certainly spent more money than I've planned trying to add up to 25 bucks. If anything, the coupon has cost me more money and profitted Target!:D

Oh well. At least there has been some new stuff since that coupon surfaced. Plenty of order 66 for 7 bucks in NOHO. Star Wars figure pegs have maybe 3 figures.

Turbowars
07-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey, I dumping my collection for pennies on the dollar, if anyone wants some cheap stuff, stop on by my place before this weekend, because it will be gone there after

BlueSnags
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey, I dumping my collection for pennies on the dollar, if anyone wants some cheap stuff, stop on by my place before this weekend, because it will be gone there after

I call dibs on all the orange carded POTF.:laugh:

-Snags

Turbowars
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Hmmm I know you are joking, but I'm keeping them for now. EP1 and Blue Saga has to go in a very bad way, plus all 12" and all that other junk like Cinema 3 pack and ships

Jango Speck
07-03-2008, 01:42 PM
EP1 and Blue Saga has to go in a very bad way, plus all 12" and all that other junk like Cinema 3 pack and ships

That's funny, I'm trying to dump those exact same lines. They really suck, don't they?

Chaddymac
07-04-2008, 03:47 PM
JT- You are wrong about tfa Blackarachnia. She is the hotness.

gambitguru
07-04-2008, 04:14 PM
hey if any you guys are going to comic con and have any extra passes that you are trying to get rid of for saturday or sunday let me know

if any any you are leaving earlier and dont need your passes anymore for saturday of sunday, can you hook me up with them.

leaving friday morning, got tickets for friday, going back home sunday night.

who else is going from SSG, roll call.

PM me. thanks

JodyB
07-04-2008, 07:19 PM
New Legacy Collection Evolution Packs were at K-Mart today. just thought I would pass on the find... Boba and Sith Packs are stashed there.

Commtech
07-04-2008, 10:16 PM
500th page!

Jango Speck
07-05-2008, 12:10 AM
I had given up on Cars but then I randomly found "Van" at Burbank TRU today. No sign of the pit crew guys, except Guido. I still have never found the Flik and Flea 2-pack- anybody got an extra?

darkagent
07-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Picked up the Leader class TFA Bulkhead at Los Feliz TRU today. I now regret getting and opening the Voyager class version. The Leader class is smaller than I thought it would be, and scale wise, fits perfectly with the Voyager class figures. The only drawback is the $39.99 price tag.

They also had a full case of ML Hulk. $14.99 per figure (ouch!). Was going to pick up the She-Hulk, but her face looks nothing like the pictures Hasbro provided. I really hate how Hasbro figures never live up to the hype that the early promo pictures provided. :(

toonimator
07-05-2008, 04:36 PM
In some cases, that's a blessing. Have you looked at the backs of the Spectacular Spider-Man cards? Everyone had weird ugly heads that look nothing like the cartoon. Peter's head still doesn't, really, in the one with swappable heads.

figrin bran
07-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Darkagent, those Bulkheads must've gone quickly as there was no sign of them by around 9:30 this morning. I picked up the Indy Titanium cargo truck and stashed the Flying Wing for JT.

Speck, the only reason I have a Flik and Flea from Cars is b/c one of my siblings got it for me. I still have yet to see even one out in the wild.

Jango Speck
07-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Speck, the only reason I have a Flik and Flea from Cars is b/c one of my siblings got it for me. I still have yet to see even one out in the wild.

I just don't get it- even Yeti's eventually were easy to find, and the Mia/Tia twins (blue, red and gold). WTF is up with Flik and Flea? Most stores that carry Cars don't seem to be restocking the 2-packs very often. It's hard to believe there are so many new cars coming, yet most stores treat them as 2-year old leftovers.

Also, I found that TRU does still carry Iron Man- shocking! They had the new IronMonger with the guy inside, and some weird green Iron Man variant. For a movie that was so good, the toy line sure died fast. Hulk is even worse- I didn't even realize that movie had come and gone.

Jango Speck
07-06-2008, 12:27 AM
OK I saw the signs at Target today that say the $5 coupon has been cancelled. If you look at them, they show a real coupon and next to it is the Photoshop fake. It's so obvious, I can't believe they don't know how to train employees to spot the real one. Really sad...

JediTricks
07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Darkagent, those Bulkheads must've gone quickly as there was no sign of them by around 9:30 this morning. I picked up the Indy Titanium cargo truck and stashed the Flying Wing for JT. Stashed, you say? Tell me more! :D

OK I saw the signs at Target today that say the $5 coupon has been cancelled. If you look at them, they show a real coupon and next to it is the Photoshop fake. It's so obvious, I can't believe they don't know how to train employees to spot the real one. Really sad...Uh... they're ALL fakes, they were only meant to go to certain customers, and they got out from there. The real people who were supposed to receive them will be getting $5 Target gift cards now, the rest of us who didn't receive the original coupons will of course not.

RUSHBOY
07-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Went to Rosemead WM today and they had the TF Animated Grimlock !!
I stashed 2 TFA Grimlocks if anyone wants them !!
PM for locations !

Commtech
07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Uh... they're ALL fakes, they were only meant to go to certain customers, and they got out from there. The real people who were supposed to receive them will be getting $5 Target gift cards now, the rest of us who didn't receive the original coupons will of course not.

They can keep their $5 gift card. I already saved over $50 in toys in the past 6 months!

Oh! by the way...5,000 post!!