PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

figrin bran
07-07-2008, 12:39 AM
I just don't get it- even Yeti's eventually were easy to find, and the Mia/Tia twins (blue, red and gold). WTF is up with Flik and Flea? Most stores that carry Cars don't seem to be restocking the 2-packs very often. It's hard to believe there are so many new cars coming, yet most stores treat them as 2-year old leftovers.

Also, I found that TRU does still carry Iron Man- shocking! They had the new IronMonger with the guy inside, and some weird green Iron Man variant. For a movie that was so good, the toy line sure died fast. Hulk is even worse- I didn't even realize that movie had come and gone.

Speck, I wonder if stores are confused with how many kinds of Cars multi packs there are. TRU has those "Movie Doubles" which can easily be mistaken for "Movie Moments". Target consistently mixes Movie Moments with those mini car 2 packs as well as the car + launcher sets. In a way, it's similar to how the retailers mix Saga Legends with TAC.

Jango Speck
07-07-2008, 12:47 AM
I hate all those Cars sub-lines. The only way they are like SW would be if they mixed in Galactic Heroes with Basic Figs- otherwise it's just lazy stocking and pure stupidity. They need to put the kiddie lines in the kiddie section, period.

By the way, I picked up a Chewie MM this weekend. Are there two variants? Mine is all dark brown, but I have seen pictures of a two-tone version. WTF?

bikerscout
07-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Mighty Muggs.......................WTF????? :dev:

Commtech
07-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Batman movie masters figures at Burbank Kmart. They brought out a case of 6, but all were Batman, according to the employee (yeah, sure). These are not at the toy section but a the entrance of the store. My hunt for a Joker continues.

A friend got me an Indy Mighty Mugg yesterday at Walmart in Torrance. This would be the second MM that I own since I don't really collect these. Still, it was hard to pass on Vader and Indy!

Jango Speck
07-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Burbank TRU had MM Indy this weekend- I passed.

JodyB
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Batman movie masters figures at Burbank Kmart. They brought out a case of 6, but all were Batman, according to the employee (yeah, sure). These are not at the toy section but a the entrance of the store. My hunt for a Joker continues.

A friend got me an Indy Mighty Mugg yesterday at Walmart in Torrance. This would be the second MM that I own since I don't really collect these. Still, it was hard to pass on Vader and Indy!

The same thing happened to me the day they were released... so I went to Valenica TRU and found the whole set with the chase Batman...

BTW

Comic-Con Officially has ticket scaplers now!!!!!

http://search.ebay.com/comic-con-2008-pass

Maradona
07-07-2008, 08:58 PM
BTW

Comic-Con Officially has ticket scaplers now!!!!!

http://search.ebay.com/comic-con-2008-pass

Those prices are insane. Hopefully this does not affect next year's pricing scales.

JediTricks
07-08-2008, 05:09 AM
TRU La Cienega has moved their Indy figures to the area with forgotten toys on clearance. They had the new Titanium vehicles including the Flying Wing, but no new figs.

Target La Cienega had a few TF:A Grimlocks and Lugnuts.

Commtech
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Burbank target has TFA, 2 Grimlocks and 2 Lugnuts if anyone needs them.

figrin bran
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Grimlock sightings are nice. Grimlock stashes would be better :thumbsup:

CrunchyNug
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I found some new Cars this morning at Target, Van & Pettleworth, but that's it. There were a few SW figs, SL & TAC, on clearance for $4.68 too.

Commtech
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Grimlock sightings are nice. Grimlock stashes would be better :thumbsup:

Sorry fg, last time there were Grimlocks, they lasted a few days. But I'll stash next time.:)

Maradona
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Huge thanks to Darkagent for the Commander Fox hookup! :D

netsolo
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Anyone had any luck finding the Dark Knight Movie Master re-release figures anywhere? Apparently Mattel is putting the Bats, Joker, and Joker Goon back out on shelves after the oft-debated recall but I still haven't been able to find 'em.

darkagent
07-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Forgot to mention that I found the Target exclusive Clone Wars Commander Fox at Target today. There were plenty on the pegs. Maybe because they're charging $12.99 for him.

MicroJow
07-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Saw a bunch of Legacy Collection figures this evening around 8:30-ish... some of them had that "1st Day of Issue" sticker on them. Store had: Garga (Jabba's Dancer,) Jabba's Drummer Dude, Luke & Han from the cut sandstrom scene, Evo Trooper, Kashyyyk Trooper, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, the Ewok 2-Pack and Gree. I picked up none of them. Why? Because they were at AAHS on the corner of Ventura Blvd & Cedros in Sherman Oaks and they were asking $12.99 each for them. So if anyone wants them NOW NOW NOW, try stopping in there tomorrow morning!

Each figure had a part of an R2 build-a-figure. Mostly they had parts to an R4 droid, but there were legs for an R7, too.

- Joe

figrin bran
07-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Those of you that collect the ACME character keys, did you all get your Rorons today?

I got #280 today!

BlueSnags
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Those of you that collect the ACME character keys, did you all get your Rorons today?

I got #280 today!

FB,

I ordered mine from AndrewsToyz and it hasn't shipped yet. What's your impression of the key? Cool?

Recent Acquisitions -

BMF Falcon (ordered from amazon, shipped yesterday)

Clone Wars V-19 Torrent Starfighter (Walmart)

Clone Wars Imperial Pilots Evolution set x2 (amazon, shipped two days ago - should be here today). I will have an extra Imperial Pilots set if anyone needs one - PM me.

-Snags

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Anyone had any luck finding the Dark Knight Movie Master re-release figures anywhere? Apparently Mattel is putting the Bats, Joker, and Joker Goon back out on shelves after the oft-debated recall but I still haven't been able to find 'em.Recall? I hadn't heard about this, what's the deal?

figrin bran
07-10-2008, 01:24 AM
FB,

I ordered mine from AndrewsToyz and it hasn't shipped yet. What's your impression of the key? Cool?

Recent Acquisitions -

BMF Falcon (ordered from amazon, shipped yesterday)

Clone Wars V-19 Torrent Starfighter (Walmart)

Clone Wars Imperial Pilots Evolution set x2 (amazon, shipped two days ago - should be here today). I will have an extra Imperial Pilots set if anyone needs one - PM me.

-Snags

Of course it's cool! It's Roron Corrob!!!! :thumbsup:

I don't know about you Snags but I'm not going to collect the new Clone Wars keys.

Tycho
07-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Wait a minute! Amazon shipped your BMF, Snaggs?

You should get that a week before the rest of us!

You could be the first one here to review this awesome toy!

You could be worshipped by the rest of us who are now eagerly awaiting any more info concerning this and when you'll be receiving shipment, personally.

But your batteries in the darn thing will run out before the rest of ours, so there! Huh! :evil:

Luuuuuuke
07-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Early, early this morning I stopped at a local Wal-Mart and they had three huge display cases(still covered in cardboard) of the new Clone Wars movie figures. But you couldn't buy them and apparently later they put them back in the stockroom. One box was sort of messed up and I did see that they had the Scuba Trooper, the Obi Wan in clone outfit, a Padme in a snow outfit, etc, etc.

I stashed 5 figures in case they get released soon and the scalpers dissapear with all the good ones.

I did buy 3 Transformers Universe figures today: Prowl, Rankor and Sunstreak.

Commtech
07-10-2008, 02:55 PM
some idiot returned 5 GI Joe Buzzers to Burbank Target.

toonimator
07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
There were a bunch of Joes there yesterday around 9... not sure if all returns, but in addition to all the Buzzers (yay, Burbank Target's finally like most other Targets that ever keep ANY basic Joes on the pegs!) there was crystal-jar CC, Beachhead, a Cobra Trooper, and a Viper. Maybe one or two others. Naturally, all but the Buzzers had vanished by this morning.

I picked up 2 more Junos yesterday for fodder. One's biding her time on my desk at work, brandishing Darth Bane's saber. There were just two Junos left this morning. Meanwhile, IJ pegs were full of a better assortment than recent weeks, but still dull figures... and for $1.50 more than they were a week or two ago. Grats, Target! You figured out a way to sit on all those Mutts for another few months! :rolleyes:

Tycho
07-10-2008, 09:16 PM
I found a lot of Transformers stuff today at TRU and posted about it in the "T thread."

bikerscout
07-10-2008, 09:34 PM
it's probably gone by now, (last nite I couldn't post b/c i was having password problems) but at figrin's favorite Panorama City Walmart they had 4 vehicles in new Legacy/CW packaging, including a Homing spider droid. The box was dinged on the spider though. Good luck if u go up there.

oh ya, the other vehicles were V-wing, AT-AP and Obi's blue sf

figrin bran
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
it's probably gone by now, (last nite I couldn't post b/c i was having password problems) but at figrin's favorite Panorama City Walmart they had 4 vehicles in new Legacy/CW packaging, including a Homing spider droid. The box was dinged on the spider though. Good luck if u go up there.

Ha! I like it there so much that I've only set foot there once this year.

BlueSnags
07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Of course it's cool! It's Roron Corrob!!!! :thumbsup:

I don't know about you Snags but I'm not going to collect the new Clone Wars keys.

Fig - I'll be getting the SDCC Yoda and maybe some of the other ones (Rex, Ahsoka).

Today's Finds (all found at Walmart):

Evolutions Rebel Pilot Legacy
Evolutions Padme Amidala Legacy
Evolutions Imperial Pilot Legacy
4 New GI Joe Vehicles (picked up for Crunchy)

I have an extra Imperial Pilots Evolution pack - if anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

-Snags

Maradona
07-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Pico Rivera WM had 4 cases of CW Evolutions sets when I walked in less than an hour ago. I placed a case in my cart and headed over to the action figure aisle. Now let me preface the rest of this story by saying I typically view almost every non-child I see in the toy section as a scalper. This is a stereotype, I know, but I'm naturally cynical. So I hear from behind me, "It won't ring up." I look to see who it was and see someone I've never met. He looked somewhat unkempt, hence the scalper assumption. He was insistent, too, and repeated it to me about three times, as if I didn't speak the same language, "None of them will ring up." I suspected he just wanted the case. I noticed that there was an IG Lancer Droid right next to him, so I pointed at it and replied "Is that why you're not buying that one?" He saw it and his eyes grew. "Uh, well they told me someone brought it back," were his words as he picked it up and disappeared.

I put the case away for a rainy day and went about my other WM business. They also had cases of Hulk ML and the GI Joe vehicles.

bikerscout
07-11-2008, 02:54 AM
wasn't the realistic CW/EU wave suppose to come out in late Aug/ early September??? I wouldn't mind the delay -esp. since the big vehicles are comin out soon.

Tycho
07-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I typically view almost every non-child I see in the toy section as a scalper. This is a stereotype, I know, but I'm naturally cynical.

I'd say you met some real slime. I'm in San Diego and feel like maybe I should take a shower after reading your story!

Commtech
07-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Just came back from Burbank TRU. New Joe vehicles are there. 2 sets. I stashed a HISS, VAMP and the bubble one. The rest were still there on the shelves. I'm passing on them, at least for now. PM me for details. Stash should last at least for the day.

Also, there were TF classics Universe wave one and TF animated Leader class Megs and Bulkhead (around 4 of each). Saw Crunchynug there today and we chatted a bit. Surprisingly, there were no other collectors or scalpers at opening.:thumbsup:

Update: stash is gone.

CrunchyNug
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the hook-up last night Snags. I'll get those Joe vehicles from you maybe tonight.

It was tough passing on those vehicles when I saw them this morning at TRU, even though I knew Snags had a set for me already. Nice seeing Commtech too. Chef Boyare-Dee was a bit chatty, I guess he missed his usual scalper crew this morning.

Tycho
07-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Snags: Do you think you'll get the BMF early - before the rest of us going to the brick-and-mortars to?

Will you be opening it immediately and telling us all about it?

Jango Speck
07-11-2008, 03:02 PM
OK, I'm officially in love with original trilogy Mighty Muggs. Just found a full wave at Burbank TRU today. They also had a full wave of Hellboy 2 figs- which looked great, but I'm not interested.

BlueSnags
07-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Snags: Do you think you'll get the BMF early - before the rest of us going to the brick-and-mortars to?

Will you be opening it immediately and telling us all about it?

Tycho,

I think it's scheduled for a 7/15 delivery. Hopefully it shows up before that. I will definitely be tearing it open as soon as it gets here!

Thanks for the hook-up last night Snags. I'll get those Joe vehicles from you maybe tonight.

Cool man, give me a call if you want to stop by.

-Snags

MicroJow
07-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey, since these are starting to pop up at Walmarts, I figured I would ask: if anyone finds the Savage Grey Hulk from the new Hulk Marvel Legends series, please stash or pick it up for me? I found the other 7 today at, of all places, Panorama City!

- J

Cataclizm1
07-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I need all four of the new GI JOE vehicles like a junkie needs crack. Can't find them anywhere. HELP!!!

Maradona
07-12-2008, 01:23 AM
3 of the 4 new Joe vehicles were at Montebello TRU today in abundance at 5pm today. The only one missing was the HISS, of course. But the rest were there. I'm waiting to find them at a Target, since I've got a gift card to use.

sentry
07-12-2008, 01:51 AM
They had two display pallets of what were labeled "Star Wars vehicles for immediate display" at porter ranch wal mart before close tonight. I peeked in the top and saw the new Mill. Falcon inside in abundance.

Someone grabbed a lone Movie Masters Batman (Begins) before i could snag him. Joker/Scarecrow must have been long gone.

Commtech
07-12-2008, 12:01 PM
They had two display pallets of what were labeled "Star Wars vehicles for immediate display" at porter ranch wal mart before close tonight. I peeked in the top and saw the new Mill. Falcon inside in abundance.

Someone grabbed a lone Movie Masters Batman (Begins) before i could snag him. Joker/Scarecrow must have been long gone.

Welcome to the Guide!

figrin bran
07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I stashed 2 of the GI Joe vehicles at Los Feliz TRU for you guys. The Serpentor Chariot and the Bubble. Unfortunately, Senor Sanchez and Spanky were hoarding the vehicles so those were the only ones I could wrest away (didn't get any for myself) PM me if you want them.

They had a restock of Transformers Universe deluxe but once again, Spanky got most of them (sorry JT)

I got Leader Class Megatron from that same store so it wasn't a total loss for me. The McDonald's coupon worked on that so apparently no one has forged it yet :p

sentry
07-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the Guide!

Thank you !

Cataclizm1
07-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Picked up a set of all 4 new JOE vehicles. Also snagged animated Leader Megatron and Bulkhead. This was all at Culver City TRU. Also saw a big sign for clone wars midnight madness on 7/26.

bikerscout
07-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Picked up a set of all 4 new JOE vehicles. Also snagged animated Leader Megatron and Bulkhead. This was all at Culver City TRU. Also saw a big sign for clone wars midnight madness on 7/26.

you mean midnight brawl with scalpers????

JediTricks
07-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Burbank TRU had Transformers Universe Prowl & Sunstreaker, as well as TF:Animated leader class Megs & Bulkhead, yesterday afternoon.

BlueSnags
07-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Snagged the following figures today (Target):

Clone Wars:
R2-D2
Anakin
Yoda
Obi-Wan
Captain Rex
General Grievous (1st Day of Issue)
Battle Droid (1st Day of Issue)
Clone Trooper (1st Day of Issue) x2

Legacy Collection:
Sandstorm Han
Sandstorm Chewie
Sandstorm Luke
ROTJ Vader
Ak-Rev
Ewok 2-Pack
Yarna
Battle-Damaged Vader (1st Day of Issue)
Commander Gree (1st Day of Issue)
Kashyyyk Trooper (1st Day of Issue)
Evo Trooper (1st Day of Issue)
Bane Malar

-Snags

Cataclizm1
07-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Was at walmart Torrance today and the stock lady mentioned that they had put out all the new SW stuff the day before by accident and had to take it all down. I didn't ask her for any details though.

If anyone happens to find extra GI JOE BATs please stash them for your lil' buddy Cataclizm1, thanx.

CrunchyNug
07-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Found me some goodies at Target today. Wave 1 of both TLC & CW.

bikerscout
07-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Found me some goodies at Target today. Wave 1 of both TLC & CW.

but where are your AT-TEs and BMFs Crunchy and Snags? I thought u were top pro collectors?? :tired:

jedi master sal
07-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I've been asking around for help and was pointed to this thread by another forum member.

I would very much like to get the Halo exclusive from SDCC. If any of you are going and can help, please let me know.

There would be NO COST to you. I'd forward the money first. (In fact it's supposed to be a pre-order online-so you'd order it then just pick it up at the con-no lines!) If that's the case, again I'd forward you the money first so no cost to you. It takes less than 2 minutes to sign up for the pre-order and you're done until the con.

I'd REALLY appreciate this.

In fact I'll give you an extra $20 for your effort.

If anyone can help and knows that they'll be able to follow through with this, please PM me.

Thanks greatly to all those can help!

-Sal

Kidhuman
07-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Snags, whats the DPCI for the new figs?

BlueSnags
07-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Snags, whats the DPCI for the new figs?

Legacy: 087-06-0991
Clone Wars: 087-06-1011

-Snags

BlueSnags
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Stashed a Legacy Imperial Pilots Evolution set at Burbank Target - PM for location.

-Snags

darkagent
07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Are you guys finding the new figures on the pegs or through the DCPI "trick". Also, did the price go up?

figrin bran
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Stashed a Legacy Imperial Pilots Evolution set at Burbank Target - PM for location.

-Snags

I'd take the bait if it were either of the Rebel Pilot sets.

Maradona
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I should have posted this yesterday, but didn't. A nearby Kmart has most new stuff out and it buy-able. The only choice to make is whether you want to pay Kmart prices just to say you got it a week or so before everyone else. Here's a hint of what to expect:

Basic Figs: $8.79 (they didn't have many out, but they'll restock overnight)
Evolutions: $21.99 (only type I bought)
Vehicles: $28.99

No AT-TE or BMF, though I do wonder what the prices will be on those.

jedi master sal
07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Well one of my local WMs had the Falcon out on that huge pallet display. I knew they wouldn't let me buy it, but I tried for the heck of it.

No dice, heh heh.

Of course their typical remark was "it's probably on recall."

I actually explained it all to them so they were straight about it not being street date and that's why they couldn't sell it. I asked them to pull the whole display to the back as they would undobtedly have not just more collectors trying to get it, but possibly parents and/or kids.

Most of the 5 workers including the manager thought that was a good idea. While one other person seemed miffed that I was "telling" them what to do.

heck if anything I was trying to HELP them.

Honestly, I still think this was a test by upper management to see if people would be interested. Then they'd know if they'd need to order more of these.

CrunchyNug
07-15-2008, 01:14 AM
but where are your AT-TEs and BMFs Crunchy and Snags? I thought u were top pro collectors?? :tired:

BAM!!! I got lucky again at another Target today. This is getting expensive...:thumbsup:

bikerscout
07-15-2008, 04:41 AM
BAM!!! I got lucky again at another Target today. This is getting expensive...:thumbsup:

good score Crunchy. Snags will have his in the mail soon, maybe today. I know it's been asked but just a reminder: Target & Wally's prices for CW figs? Legacy figs?? Price for Evol.?? thx!

Tycho
07-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Sal, you speak "Wal-Mart?" It was always a foreign language I kind of struggled with. ;)

But my "Target" is worse. People wearing red shirts just don't understand me - except at Toys R Us.

BlueSnags
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Nice score, bro!:laugh: Did you open it yet? Mine is supposed to be delivered today - can't wait.

-Snags

BlueSnags
07-15-2008, 11:32 AM
good score Crunchy. Snags will have his in the mail soon, maybe today. I know it's been asked but just a reminder: Target & Wally's prices for CW figs? Legacy figs?? Price for Evol.?? thx!

Target's price is definitely $7.99 for all basic figs. Walmart I'm not so sure about (nothing new will ring up yet). Target's price for Evo sets is $19.99.

In other news, the BMF showed up today at Blue Snag HQ. It is huge.

Also, scored a set of Legacy Wave 2 today (thanks to MicroJow for the hookup)! Cool figures, especially the Scuba Trooper.

-Snags

Tycho
07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
BlueSnags: did you post a review of it anywhere? (That is, if you opened it already)

netsolo
07-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Recall? I hadn't heard about this, what's the deal?

Sorry Tricks, been a rough week and just now saw you respond to the post. Apparently there was a voluntary recall as there was some sort of chemical used in the production of the figures that Mattel never uses -- the figures are just now starting to repopulate but scalpers are still grabbing them hoping to get hundreds of bucks on eBay for them... argh.

bikerscout
07-16-2008, 07:38 AM
6.64 to 7.99 -- that's a big jump for Target and I won't be staying in the hobby if they maintain this price & go up from there. I hope walmart is low and TRU isn't higher than target. I've seen some of these CW figs and they are definitely not worth $8, and not worth more than 6.64.

figrin bran
07-16-2008, 10:34 AM
I don't think they'll stay at $7.99 for very long. Within a few weeks, I'd expect to see Target drop the price just like they did for the Indy figures.

Cataclizm1
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Nothing worth mentioning this morning at Manhattan beach target.

Maradona
07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't think they'll stay at $7.99 for very long. Within a few weeks, I'd expect to see Target drop the price just like they did for the Indy figures.

For a sale, yes. But I think this is their new retail price for the foreseeable future. I get the feeling WM will eventually raise theirs to $7.96.

bikerscout
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
For a sale, yes. But I think this is their new retail price for the foreseeable future. I get the feeling WM will eventually raise theirs to $7.96.

if that's the case, it's bye bye sw collecting. The execs were spending too much time in Kaybee's apparently. I wonder what TRUs prices for Legacy & CW are?

JediTricks
07-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry Tricks, been a rough week and just now saw you respond to the post. Apparently there was a voluntary recall as there was some sort of chemical used in the production of the figures that Mattel never uses -- the figures are just now starting to repopulate but scalpers are still grabbing them hoping to get hundreds of bucks on eBay for them... argh.Wow, I better look this up. ... Ok, so what I found is that Mattel hasn't issued a recall in 9 months, since 11/06/07. It appears Target and TRU independently recalled product from their shelves for further testing, as they have the right to do, but there hasn't been a consumer product recall as of yet. So the product is just sitting waiting to hit shelves while they double-test it to ensure it passes. Weird. And I bet the scalpers are putting more fears out there to ensure they get more $$$ for their wares.

I so want that Batman Begins MM Batman figure, I just saw it for the first time on the search for knowledge.

Jango Speck
07-17-2008, 01:45 AM
If you know anyone who wants to buy a 95% complete "Cars" die-cast set, let me know. Half of mine are loose and mint, the other are carded.

Commtech
07-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Finally scored a movie masters Joker at Target today. Also found a scarecrow. They had already hit the same Target yesterday but another collector beat me to them. I didn't think they would restock them so soon!:thumbsup:

sentry
07-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey that may have been me. I got a Joker, Scarecrow, and Batman (Begins) yesterday.

I was at Target Sherman Oaks this morning, they had 2 jokers, 2 scarecrows, and 2 batman when I left. I also picked up a couple of the new Clone wars figs, before the employees came out freaking out about them not suppsed to be on the shelves and took it all to the back.

bikerscout
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
dunno if they're still there but that sh. oaks Target had 4 of the new Joe vehicles and a good selection of TF animated (all classes) and 3 of the new universe deluxe class figures. Good luck. O ya, if anyone likes Galactic Heroes, they had sets with the new packaging (9/10 were completely new), probably the only new SW they didn't put back. A few of my friends were denied vehicles and figures that they had in hand. That really sux.

Commtech
07-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey that may have been me. I got a Joker, Scarecrow, and Batman (Begins) yesterday.

Hey, any luck with the wave 2 chase Batman? I hope that one isn't too hard to find.

netsolo
07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
So the product is just sitting waiting to hit shelves while they double-test it to ensure it passes. Weird. And I bet the scalpers are putting more fears out there to ensure they get more $$$ for their wares.

Crazy enough, randomly while grocery shopping late last night there was an MM Dark Knight Batman sitting on an endcap they had set up with some Batman toys at one of the local Ralphs stores... it was like spending all night looking for the TV remote, only to eventually stumble upon it when you weren't seeking it out.

Still on the hunt for a Joker and Goon - sounds like I should have hit Target on the way into work this morning.

sentry
07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Not yet, but it seems much easier to find than the maskless one.

darkagent
07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Picked up a Yarna d'al Gargan at Target today. She was the only new figure on the pegs (the only other Legacy figure was a repacked EVO Stormtrooper). Also, picked up the new CW Lego V-19 Torrent Fighter. This was the only new Lego set they put out.

bikerscout
07-18-2008, 04:39 AM
so no one has an idea of TRUs prices for CW and legacy??? Anyone have an idea what target's sale price (if any) will be for the new SW figure lines??

AussieScott
07-18-2008, 06:33 AM
6.64 to 7.99 -- that's a big jump for Target and I won't be staying in the hobby if they maintain this price & go up from there. I hope walmart is low and TRU isn't higher than target. I've seen some of these CW figs and they are definitely not worth $8, and not worth more than 6.64.

Remember these things are made out of OIL... they are transported in machines which burn OIL... a price increase was inevitable.

Also remember that the going rate for TAC figures was $15 pretty much everywhere in the world outside the USA. I'd LOVE to be able to buy CW at $8 in my local TRU, instead of hoping to find the right store on the right day at the right hour during my down-time in LA...

Anyone here prowl stores in southern Orange County/Costa Mesa area? It's now "home away from home" for me and I'm still feeling my way around...

Jango Speck
07-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Since I won't be able to goto Comicon, who's gonna be in town waiting in line for midnight madness? I'll be hanging out at Burbank TRU, but I'm not sure how early I can get in line. I just hope I don't see Chubby13 at the head of the line...

Also, I just bought Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii, but I'm strapped for cash so I'm selling it for $45. I've opened it, but it looks brand new. Let me know before I put it on the Bay.

Cataclizm1
07-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Picked up the GI JOE DVD battle packs at Target Manhattan beach this morning. Had a girl get them from the back for me. As I left I could see the manager chewing out the poor girl for getting them for me. What a douche.

Tycho
07-19-2008, 03:03 AM
I know TRU has an exclusive, but I've calculated that I will save at least $42 by getting my stuff from Wal-Mart. Any opinions on this? (where to shop?)

Could you just buy enough from TRU to get the Exclusive and then finish at Wal-Mart, or is it not worth it for many of you?

I too would like to keep Toys R Us in business. But their markups on this big release is a bit much to bear.

bikerscout
07-19-2008, 05:52 AM
stores' respective CW & Legacy figure prices?? Anyone? Bueller?........Bueller?............... I've asked on 3 different forums -wtf???

Tycho
07-19-2008, 09:08 AM
I wished I could help you. I was concerned about the vehicle prices. $1 here or there doesn't make too much difference to me with the figures when I buy vehicles and could save a lot of money on them. I just figured that where the vehicles are cheaper, the figures will be as well.

But I have no intention of buying ALL the figures. I'm not a collector. I'm doing dioramas and as such, I want like 3 SCUBA Troopers, 2 Mon Cal, 3 Quarren, etc. and I probably will NOT be buying Snowbunny Padme or any astro-droids, etc.

So my concerns about the figure prices might be different from yours.

Jango Speck
07-19-2008, 11:50 AM
stores' respective CW & Legacy figure prices?? Anyone? Bueller?........Bueller?............... I've asked on 3 different forums -wtf???

What's the big deal- they'll probably be a dollar more than last time around. If you're trying to save 36 cents, go to WalMart. If you want to pay too much, go to KB Toys. If you want to pay the average price, go to Target or TRU.

JediTricks
07-19-2008, 03:33 PM
TRU didn't have as much selection as Target or WM during the last Midnight Madnesses, but TRU is the one that makes "the feeling" of MM happen and they support the industry. I would buy stuff that you could get at either for similar pricing (I wouldn't buy the Falcon at TRU if it's $180 when I could get it elsewhere for $150).

Jango Speck
07-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Burbank TRU had plenty of stuff at all the MM's I went to.

Tycho
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
If I remember:

AOTC - Different TRUs did and did not get the Royal Guard, Luminara, and Taun We which was in later assortment 3 repacks. I think they got everything else.

ROTS - TRU did not have the ARC-170 and I had to get that at Target in the morning. They also didn't have the ARC-170 pilots and the figures that were packaged around that assortment.

It all worked out fine, because it was less I had to immediately worry about at that particular instant.

But you know: I had everything released within probably 8 hours and barely any driving as Toys R Us and Target were off the same freeway exit.

This time, I live around the corner from a Target, but Wal-Mart will be open at midnight and has the best prices.

MicroJow
07-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey hey. I have a few spare Legacy Wave 2 figures if anyone's interested:

2 Scuba Troopers
2 Blue Clones
1 Quarren Soldier
1 Mon Calamari Warrior

Just drop a line! First come, first served!

- Joe

Jango Speck
07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
PM Sent Microjow...

figrin bran
07-19-2008, 08:30 PM

I thought we discussed Target's 7.99 price on this thread. And RS' front page had a pic of a WM mini island display with the figures at 6.90 and change.

I was all set to buy the new Titanium Cloud Car and Wedge's X-Wing but was denied at TRU.

Maradona
07-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I stashed 2 Dark Knight Movie Masters (both Batman) at Covina Kmart. I was able to pick up Joker and the Thug there.

PM if interested.

bikerscout
07-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I thought we discussed Target's 7.99 price on this thread. And RS' front page had a pic of a WM mini island display with the figures at 6.90 and change.

I was all set to buy the new Titanium Cloud Car and Wedge's X-Wing but was denied at TRU.

saw those, but was wondering about TRU. And just for fun so we can all laugh KB & K-mart..

Jango Speck
07-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Did you guys know that hasbro is selling blank white or black Mighty Muggs figures?

Commtech
07-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Stashed a Transformers animated Soundwave and Oilslick at Target. PM me for details.

Turbowars
07-20-2008, 11:43 AM
OK guys, all of my collection is going to Toys for tots either this week or the next. So if you need to fills any holes let me know. I will sell for cheap. I'm not going to give the stuff away to you guys because you all can afford it, but I rather kids get the stuf for free. So Crunchy get a hold of me so you can get your stuff.

Jango Speck
07-20-2008, 12:19 PM
OK guys, all of my collection is going to Toys for tots either this week or the next. So if you need to fills any holes let me know. I will sell for cheap. I'm not going to give the stuff away to you guys because you all can afford it, but I rather kids get the stuf for free. So Crunchy get a hold of me so you can get your stuff.

Is this just Hasbro figures? And where are you dropping them off (you can tell me in a PM)? The reason I ask is that when I tried to give stuff away last Xmas, I couldn't find a Toys for Tots anywhere near Burbank. Half the ones on the official list said they no longer wanted anything because the Marines never came to pick stuff up and they just sat around. I will probably have a load of toys for them sometime this year after I move.

Turbowars
07-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Is this just Hasbro figures? And where are you dropping them off (you can tell me in a PM)? The reason I ask is that when I tried to give stuff away last Xmas, I couldn't find a Toys for Tots anywhere near Burbank. Half the ones on the official list said they no longer wanted anything because the Marines never came to pick stuff up and they just sat around. I will probably have a load of toys for them sometime this year after I move.
Just Hasbro stuff, I think I found a shop in encino. If this doesn't work I'm throwing the stuff out.

JediTricks
07-20-2008, 11:59 PM
If I remember:

AOTC - Different TRUs did and did not get the Royal Guard, Luminara, and Taun We which was in later assortment 3 repacks. I think they got everything else.

ROTS - TRU did not have the ARC-170 and I had to get that at Target in the morning. They also didn't have the ARC-170 pilots and the figures that were packaged around that assortment.

It all worked out fine, because it was less I had to immediately worry about at that particular instant.

But you know: I had everything released within probably 8 hours and barely any driving as Toys R Us and Target were off the same freeway exit.

This time, I live around the corner from a Target, but Wal-Mart will be open at midnight and has the best prices.Every time, Target and WM had later waves that TRU didn't.

OK guys, all of my collection is going to Toys for tots either this week or the next. So if you need to fills any holes let me know. I will sell for cheap. I'm not going to give the stuff away to you guys because you all can afford it, but I rather kids get the stuf for free. So Crunchy get a hold of me so you can get your stuff.WHOA!!! That is stunning. Are you not going to Comic-Con this year as well? I hate hearing about collectors kicking the habit... I mean, passing on the Force. ;) (Yes, I know I'm like a lobster trying to pull you back into the trap, sorry :p.) If you don't mind me asking, what has precipitated this?

I'm looking for the 12" Jango Ultimate Villain, I think that's the only "hole" in my collection these days.

Commtech
07-21-2008, 12:21 AM
A friend just raided a pallet at a Wal-Mart in Lancaster and got me a set of the Legacy collection! He says they are now ringing at the register.

UPDATE: Nevermind, they gave him the "recall" excuse and took them away. When he called me, he thought they would ring because he had scanned them and the machine displayed the price. I told him "that doesn't mean they'll ring at the register!". Oh well, at least he got more GI Joe wave 9 at the same store and he'll pass me the BAT and the Snow Serpent.

Tycho
07-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Let me explain things:

1) Your relationships and marriages will not last. Your kids will rebel against you and estrange themselves eventually. They'll come back finally when they're in trouble.

2) Your career will most likely never give you permanent satisfaction. There is always crap going on with the workplace because it most likely depends upon other people, and they all have other crap going on in their lives.

3) Buying a wave runner (use allowed only during daylight hours and when the weather's to your preference), training in martial arts (most fun when there are others hanging around at the dojo waiting for you to beat them up), or even watching TV (pathetic, considering most of your programming choices) are never as accessable or fulfilling as having a Star Wars collection to reference about while posting online, to inventorize when you get a chance to dig into stuff you got some satisfaction from buying, etc. Star Wars is available at all times, in any weather, and DOES NOT have to be a completist obsession that you guys stress over.

Your life is going to suck and then your health will decline - all of you. It's just happened to me somewhat earlier.

Right now, you have Star Wars. It offers you a few more options (versus say...suicide - I have "my plan" just in case). You will always have Star Wars and it could be every bit as accessable as you need it to be.

Give it up - and you are more of a loser, your life sucks more, and really, you can buy a handgun and ammo with a credit card if you want to "do yourself in" anyway.

But I've considered this: we're also ALL going to die. Might as well take the perks you get here and now - and Star Wars is one of them or you wouldn't be here.

Don't give up your collection. You won't have anything else. Instead, enjoy it and adapt it to be that much less stressful (for you obsessive completists).

It's not worth crap as an investment and most of us on this site have everything you could offer anyway, but TO YOU, if you let it, your collection could be PRICELESS and it could SAVE YOUR LIFE as it saved mine.

That was meant to be inspirational, but with a possibly terminal illness, how inspirational do you expect me to be? C'mon guys. But I hope I made some sense.

Commtech
07-21-2008, 01:50 AM
Great post, Tycho.:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
07-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Well said, Tycho.

Couple of thoughts though...one reason to dump a collection which has no significant resale value is when you absolutely must downsize due to living arrangements. if you can't afford storage and you live in a small place, a large collection will have to be divided up somehow.

I am realizing this all the time, and my wife laughs at me every time I tell my kids they have enough toys and we aren't going to buy something every time we go to the store. What's the point in amassing a huge (1000's) collection that you can't display? The money I could have saved to put into my new house will now be lost to mass-produced plastic that I frankly don't care about that much. I am ready to dump a lot of my Hasbro stuff, especially prequel stuff. I went through the completionist period, and am ashamed that I did, especially when they aren't even worth face value anymore. Dumping Hasbro to focus on SS or GG is a good thing I think- but even with my modest GG collection, I'm just not interested in filling every shelf I have with a statue. Sometimes less is more. The fact that we've made it relatively easy to find everything (compared to kids who don't use the forums), means I can have instant gratification- but I think that I have suffered a bit because of it. If it's not hard to obtain something, you tend to buy things you might not really want- and then you just have it to have it. Personally, I'm keeping my vintage figures from childhood- they don't take up much room and they have a ton of sentimental value.

Just saw Dark Knight- what an awesome film. I wish I had seen it in a better theater, but am glad I didn't wait for DVD- that would be a disservice to the medium. It's nice to experience a work of art amid all the summer junk. I'm talking to you Indy 4! You sucked!! Not even Blu-ray with bonus features can save your sorry ***.

Tycho
07-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for your sentiments.

Sometimes less is more.

Exactly. While I want to do a lot of dioramas, I want to showcase the TOYS and not necessarily copy the silver screen which showcases LF's CGI. That's why 1 AT-TE is enough for Geonosis. You're going "Wow. That's a pretty neat vehicle," instead of "Wow. You really stacked them in there!"

And I totally agree with what Jango Speck said about The Dark Knight and in comparison to Indiana Jones. Dark Knight is so worth multiple viewings.

It's like a Star Wars film in that there's multiple-multiple parts I want to see over again -

Alright. This isn't the Batman thread. I just can't stop thinking about that movie!

Commtech
07-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Wave 3 TF animated soundwave and oilslick are still stashed since yesterday at Target. I've added a Jazz today to the stash. Pm me if needed.

Jango Speck
07-21-2008, 11:13 AM
DO NOT READ TYCHO'S POST!! It has Dark Knight spoilers.

Tycho, please delete the spoiler info from your last post!!

Tycho
07-21-2008, 12:53 PM
DO NOT READ TYCHO'S POST!! It has Dark Knight spoilers.

Tycho, please delete the spoiler info from your last post!!

OK. Edited. Thanks.

Whoops. I totally forgot about spoilers and my excitement has been so intense that someone I created a situation in my head where everyone's been out to see this film already. An emotional reaction to be sure.

BlueSnags
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Picked up the LEGO Hoth Rebel Base today at TRU. Missed it the first time around - Glad I didn't give in and pay Ebay prices for it. The store I went to had 5-6 on the shelf. Good times.

-Snags

Ji'dai
07-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Picked up the LEGO Hoth Rebel Base today at TRU. Missed it the first time around - Glad I didn't give in and pay Ebay prices for it. The store I went to had 5-6 on the shelf. Good times.

-Snags Wow, I wonder where TRU had those sets stashed for the last 8-9 months. Prolly in a crate at some non-descript gov't warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant, no doubt.

Turbowars
07-21-2008, 08:28 PM
never mind

Jango Speck
07-22-2008, 02:15 AM
never mind

Huh? Did you change your mind?

CrunchyNug
07-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Been working too much lately. I had crack this sucker open tonight. WOW!!!:eek:

bikerscout
07-22-2008, 03:45 AM
cool pic, except that a scout army would look better :p

JediTricks
07-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Clone Engineers huh? Interesting choice.

Target Glendale had some Clone Wars role play crap, and a few of the new Galactic Heroes.

BlueSnags
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Sweet, bro! I gots to get me one of those.

-Snags

Commtech
07-22-2008, 02:07 PM

How about a full shot of the whole thing!?

CrunchyNug
07-22-2008, 02:13 PM
How about a full shot of the whole thing!?

There are already plenty of those floating around various sites so I figured I take a closer look at the main troop compartment. It really does fit 20 figures.

12 in the bay
2 on rear the guns
1 on the forward guns
4 in the cockpit
1 in the crow's nest

Now we finally have something for our AT-TE Gunners to do!!!

Turbowars
07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Huh? Did you change your mind?Nope, it's going to be given away. I will most likely never stop collecting SW items, but anything that isn't OT from now on is junk and I don't want it. Funny now that I have the $ to buy what I want I can give a crap about most of the stuff that just came out. GG if they stick around will get my $ along with a few EFX concept items.

Ewok888
07-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Anyone here happen to have a Comic Con pass for either today, Thu or Fri that they are willing to part with? Last minute change of plans for me allow me to attend - now I just need to hunt down a pass !!! :thumbsup:

toonimator
07-23-2008, 12:52 PM
No leaks at Burbank Target; had TF Classics Prowl in-hand but decided to wait until after Con. Hopefully I'll find a better paint job (they had several, and all pretty sloppy... and that orange Autobot symbol bugs me but I doubt it'll change at their end). A few TACs still at the endcaps, Junos & Broods & a Rahm, plus one lonely DST which I was tempted to scoop up. I picked up Sunstreaker a few days ago, and he's pretty neat. Pain to start transforming though.

santosha
07-23-2008, 06:12 PM
at the con in line,already packed.free Internet using my itouch to post
stoked

figrin bran
07-23-2008, 09:14 PM
No leaks at Burbank Target; had TF Classics Prowl in-hand but decided to wait until after Con. Hopefully I'll find a better paint job (they had several, and all pretty sloppy... and that orange Autobot symbol bugs me but I doubt it'll change at their end). A few TACs still at the endcaps, Junos & Broods & a Rahm, plus one lonely DST which I was tempted to scoop up. I picked up Sunstreaker a few days ago, and he's pretty neat. Pain to start transforming though.

That's a good idea to wait on the Prowls. Unfortunately, I bought the first one I saw which did not have great paint apps.

Commtech
07-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Got my Cobra Commander and other exclusives yesterday at Comic Con. I passed on the Star wars vader and Holo. What a piece of crap!

K-Mart had the clone wars toys out today, even the AT vehicle. They wouldn't let me buy them at the register and they immediately called a guy to take all the CW stuff to the backroom. Stupid.:upset:

JodyB
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Got my Cobra Commander and other exclusives yesterday at Comic Con. I passed on the Star wars vader and Holo. What a piece of crap!

K-Mart had the clone wars toys out today, even the AT vehicle. They wouldn't let me buy them at the register and they immediately called a guy to take all the CW stuff to the backroom. Stupid.:upset:

I went there first today and grab the last 4 1st Day of Issues I needed and the lady manager yelled at me and took them... I told her that it wasn't my fault that they were on the shelf and all I was trying to do by something from the store and make them money... oh well...

but anyways I hid e MM Joker at Target pm me for local and hiding spot.

Jango Speck
07-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Found two new pitcrew "Cars" cars at Burbank TRU today. I still to this day have NEVER seen the Bugs Life two-pack.

Star Wars pegs are pretty bare, and the center display area is almost clear, so it looks like Midnight Madness will be in the middle up front.

By the way, is MM going to be Friday night or Saturday night?

JodyB
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
By the way, is MM going to be Friday night or Saturday night?

Friday night

Cataclizm1
07-25-2008, 12:42 AM
I was wondering that too, thanks.

Also can someone at SDCC pick me up an extra Mattel DC Universe Lobo figure pretty please?

figrin bran
07-25-2008, 03:02 AM
I was wondering that too, thanks.

Also can someone at SDCC pick me up an extra Mattel DC Universe Lobo figure pretty please?

If only I read your post last night, I could've bought one for you this morning. You might be able to order them from mattycollector.com, the Mattel store site that will go live next Monday.

jedi master sal
07-25-2008, 03:58 PM
please anyone going by the Spawn/McFarlane booth, please pick up the exclusive card to order the Halo figures set from them. The card costs nothing. If the set needs to be bought during comicon, I'll paypal you immediately so there is no cost to you.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm unashamed at my unabashed begging.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Respectfully,
-Sal

Tycho
07-26-2008, 09:07 AM
I went shopping with CrunchyNug last night. Wal-Mart was very low-key and everyone got along great - about maybe 12 people? They wiped their Falcons and AT-TEs out!

I bought a huge ticket's worth, but got ALL my vehicles. I've been playing with my Falcon ever since.

They had figures Legacy Waves 1 & 2 (ROTJ and Clone Wars realisitc) and Clone Wars Wave 1 (didn't buy) and Saga Legends - Waves Whatever.

We did NOT see the Evolutions sets come out, or any Battle Packs.

I got a new Galactic Heroes set with JarJar Binks, but did not see Slave Leia. They had other Prequel Heroes packs, but I wasn't interested in random Jedi and Clones.

All in all it was a relaxed Mid-Night Madness and one of the most successful hunts imagineable. I'm sure Toys R Us was a circus with all the announcements going on about it at Comic Con. I was really glad I went to Wal-Mart instead (and saved money) and got to hang out with CrunchyNug, and at least one of my regular collecting buddies from San Diego.

I think Crunchy was totally satisfied with his score (minus Evolutions) as well.

We had an easy time of it and met other COLLECTORS and didn't have to deal with scalpers at all, I imagine.

Luuuuuuke
07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Totally slept in and didn't even bother to go to Midnight Madness or anywhere before 7 a.m.--and still got everything I wanted, easily. Plenty of stuff at Target and Wal-Mart; got the Clone Wars Speeder Bike Recon battlepack at Rosemead Target(the clones look like gray coruscant clones; and a Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol). Saw the new Evolutions packs at Baldwin Park Wal-Mart but not interested in them.

Skipped on all the big ticket items, like the AT-TE and Millenium Falcon. Mostly focused on clones and not too many of them. All in all, pretty relaxed and satisfied about how today went.

mark2d2
07-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Los Feliz last night was a mob scene. But employees were very helpful. And kept bringing out box after box of figures. . .

I am in the midst of renovating my apartment, so I only bought one thing. Yarna. And for a while I thought I was out of luck. . .But then some girl employee saw that I was empty handed and asked if I was looking for anything in particular. I told her I was interested in the ROTJ figs and she disappeared only to return with a box for me to look through. She was very nice. Very helpful.

The Falcons were sure moving. As was that other huge prequel ship. The B-wing, too. Heck, all the vehicles were soaring off into the hyperspace that was peoples carts. . . Seeing that big Falcon box confirmed the fact that the moment I finish all my work and get my place back in order, the Falcon shall be my just reward.

No "new" battle packs here either. And that bummed me out. As I totally would have bought that Hoth one with the probe, R5, and protocol droids.

It was fun to see everybody so nuts over Star Wars stuff. Much larger crowd than I expected. And for the most part everybody was very polite.

BlueSnags
07-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Just got back from SDCC - had a pretty good time, despite the crowds. The toughest exclusives to score were the Blue Cobra Commander, the LEGO Indy set and the Pan's Labyrinth bust at the GG booth.

Also, received my 2 Preview Captain Rex's in the mail today. One was completely smashed, the other was in good shape. Cool figure.

-Snags

figrin bran
07-26-2008, 10:51 PM
I got one of my preview Rex figures today.

Mark2, there are quite a few Hoth battlepacks over at La Brea Target. I think I might've seen some at Glendale or Pasadena Target (I forget which one now).

So Spanky was wondering where all of you guys were this morning.

I missed Midnight Madness as I was exhausted from SDCC and so to make up for it, I hit a ton of stores today. Ended up with a few 1st Day issues (don't really want a set), everything from CW except Grievous (don't really want it) and everything from Legacy wave 2 except for Padme. Yarnas and the Ewok set were gone everywhere and the only Legacy wave 1 fig I got was Bane M.

I also scored the Padme and Rebel Pilot (Ten Numb's set) Evo as well as a Plo Koon keychain from the Glendale Lego store. I've opened almost everything up already!

BlueSnags
07-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Burbank Target had Order 66 marked down to $2.48, Galactic Heroes down to $1.58 and Basic Figures at $1.66 today. Picked up a Juno Eclipse, 3x BARC Trooper /Howard the Duck, 1x Sev/Yellow ARC, 1x Anakin/Purple ARC and couple of Galactic Heroes sets. They still had some Order 66 and Galactic Heroes left if anyone is interested.

Also picked up an AT-TE for $50 (thanks to the Hasbro Play Rewards) and a Slave Leia/Artoo Galactic Heroes set.

-Snags

mark2d2
07-27-2008, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the Hoth packs. I will look for them tomorrow if I get a chance. :)

bikerscout
07-27-2008, 05:08 AM
was in SD for the con. Went to MM at a local TRU with swspiffy from rebelscum and scored an AT-TE, 1st day Yarna, and all 3 Evolutions. (Used a xmas gift $30 giftcard too) Then we went to walmart and scored some wave 1 & a little CWs, and mid size vehicles. TRU was a zoo when everyone grabbed for figures up high - the mgr. imposed a 12 figure limit, which i thought was cool - i actually had a stranger pull the Yarna for me, then the Evo packs were lower rack & no one touched them, so i grabbed 2 new packs for swspiffy & the 3 new packs for me. Rebel pilots 2 & Imperial pilots aren't out yet. Fairly decent MM experience for a first timer. And don't want to make it too overt for the scalp crews but they had both kinds of fett so be careful. U guys'll be able to read between the lines i hope.

from the con, i just got Disturbance pack and cobra commander. In a way it was good the exclusives were not that great this year b/c I was able to save $ for the MM stuff. My impulse buy was a reissue Roy Focker's Valkyrie fighter from Robotech. 1/55 scale. About as big as the G1 jetfire from TF. Robotech was my 3rd fave cartoon behind TF and Voltron.

special shout to CrunchyNug - we used the 'DPCI' trick to get in on Fri - lol :thumbsup: I'll let him tell ya about that. :D

BlueSnags
07-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Snagged Commander Fox x2, the Rebel Pilot Evo pack (Ten Numb version) and 2x Scuba Trooper this morning at Target.

-Snags

Jaff
07-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Let me explain things:

1) Your relationships and marriages will not last. Your kids will rebel against you and estrange themselves eventually. They'll come back finally when they're in trouble.

2) Your career will most likely never give you permanent satisfaction. There is always crap going on with the workplace because it most likely depends upon other people, and they all have other crap going on in their lives.

3) Buying a wave runner (use allowed only during daylight hours and when the weather's to your preference), training in martial arts (most fun when there are others hanging around at the dojo waiting for you to beat them up), or even watching TV (pathetic, considering most of your programming choices) are never as accessable or fulfilling as having a Star Wars collection to reference about while posting online, to inventorize when you get a chance to dig into stuff you got some satisfaction from buying, etc. Star Wars is available at all times, in any weather, and DOES NOT have to be a completist obsession that you guys stress over.

Your life is going to suck and then your health will decline - all of you. It's just happened to me somewhat earlier.

Right now, you have Star Wars. It offers you a few more options (versus say...suicide - I have "my plan" just in case). You will always have Star Wars and it could be every bit as accessable as you need it to be.

Give it up - and you are more of a loser, your life sucks more, and really, you can buy a handgun and ammo with a credit card if you want to "do yourself in" anyway.

But I've considered this: we're also ALL going to die. Might as well take the perks you get here and now - and Star Wars is one of them or you wouldn't be here.

Don't give up your collection. You won't have anything else. Instead, enjoy it and adapt it to be that much less stressful (for you obsessive completists).

It's not worth crap as an investment and most of us on this site have everything you could offer anyway, but TO YOU, if you let it, your collection could be PRICELESS and it could SAVE YOUR LIFE as it saved mine.

That was meant to be inspirational, but with a possibly terminal illness, how inspirational do you expect me to be? C'mon guys. But I hope I made some sense.

I don't sense much sarcasm with your post Tycho.

I always thought that Star Wars was the dessert of life, not the main course of it. Yet your post suggests that collecting is everything, and life is secondary. Imagine we were all born 40 years before Star Wars. We simply would not have dessert. It would be a blander meal with not as much excitement. But if a cheeseburger was put on my plate dessert might not be as noticable as the meal. :p

Ji'dai
07-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Imagine we were all born 40 years before Star Wars. If that were true, this would be SirStevesGuide to Hopalong Cassidy. I think the Hopalong merchandising machine rivaled that of Lucasfilm's.

mark2d2
07-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Picked up the Hoth Recon Battle Pack at the Burbank/Empire Center Target.

Awesome, awesome set.

The three droids are all out standing repaints to be sure. Very happy. Very pleased with this one. And a heck of a deal at $19.99. Just awesome.

PS --- There was one left when I was there an hour or so ago. Also a lot of the drummer figs and a couple of Yarna's.

gambitguru
07-27-2008, 06:33 PM
just got back from the con was there fri and sat. I wanted to pick up the cobra command and nemesis prime but the HTS booth line was to long. I pikced up the shadow gaurd from sideshow. If any of you guys are getting rid of vinyl figures from medicom, ill be more than happy to take them off your hands. Also got couple of kubricks. Went to the MM in San Diego and picked up the huge tank and couple of clones. It was really organized they kept on bringing box after box after box. It was pretty fun but tiring as well. Now im broke.

Tycho
07-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I bought Padme Evolutions at Target this morning. I also saw Darth Bane for my first time.

They didn't have any pilot Evolutions from either faction, but they did have The Force Unleashed guys and the Mandalorians (Fetts). And I think they had the Jedi (Luke NJO, Baltar Swan).

All the figures they had were either Legacy Legends or Animated. No new Build-A-Droid figures. They could have been wiped out in the morning though. I got to go about noon.

They had 1-2 AT-TEs btw, but I didn't see any Millennium Falcons - though I forgot to look on the risers. Maybe they had other SW endcaps, too. I saw 3 SW Endcaps myself: Lego, Roleplay, Animated Figures / Evolutions / Galactic Heroes Battle Packs.

figrin bran
07-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I stashed the following at La Brea Target, all in various locations of course - Hoth Recon set (the one with the Probot), Batman Begins Movie Master, Transformers Animated Snarl, Jazz and Soundwave. PM me if you want any of these.

I'm still on the lookout for Yarna and the Ewoks.

Tycho
07-27-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't sense much sarcasm with your post Tycho.

Yeah. I was pretty serious. And just brutally direct at how far I went to drive home my point.

I always thought that Star Wars was the dessert of life, not the main course of it. Yet your post suggests that collecting is everything, and life is secondary.

No. Collecting isn't everything. But it adds something to our lives that can't be taken away from us or even regulated to a certain time of day - like you have to enjoy a boating hobby during the daylight hours (mostly). It also is not so dependant on other people - like your wives - whose moods, loyalty, and patience can change and never be something you can really control. Not that you're supposed to control another person, but I think you SHOULD be in control of your own hobby - and not let it control you (like with obsessive completism).

Imagine we were all born 40 years before Star Wars. We simply would not have dessert. It would be a blander meal with not as much excitement. But if a cheeseburger was put on my plate dessert might not be as noticable as the meal.

We wouldn't have cell phones for the longest part of our lives, nor know what to do with "that Intrawebs thing."

Human life in the Western industrialized world keeps getting richer all the time. We are fortunate to have what we do - Star Wars included. But I would definitely say life was blander and held less excitement in the past, as recently as our parents' generation. Look at your own progenitors and you'll see: it'd suck to be them! :thumbsup:

Cataclizm1
07-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Anyone spotted GI JOE comic packs wave 5? The 3 new ones are: Falcon/ Nemesis Enforcer, Destro/ Iron Grenadier, Tripwire/ Cobra commander...

gambitguru
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
for the at-te does anyone know how to open the side panals. there seems to be a lot of resistance for the top door. the bottom doors opens fine. Hasbro's constuctions are not to clear. is there a button to press or do i force the door open. thanks

CrunchyNug
07-27-2008, 11:50 PM
I had a great time at SDCC this year. I got back this afternoon, just in time to beat the traffic. I ran into so many friends this time, it was great. Let's see, what were my highlights?

Getting a Blue Cobra Commander by some stroke of luck Friday afternoon.

Midnight Madness at WM w/ Tycho. (That was one smooth operation - friendly stockers and about 6 other people.)

Checking out the new GI Joe stuff at Hasbro...very impressed with that line.

Uncle Fester sighting (Snags will get this one.)

It was just a great year all around. My feet are killing me, but it was worth it.

Jango Speck
07-28-2008, 12:08 AM
I was the sole local at Burbank TRU midnight madness. Wormser and D&C were working the doors in their "cool" costumes and lightsabers. There was one obviously pregnant woman staggering around smoking cigarettes. I wanted to say something, but it was probably too late anyway for the kid.

The crowd was very small, and there was tons of stock to be had including lots of Evolutions- all of which I passed on. I would love the Falcon, but with my new house there's no money or place to put it.

I want the Padme's, but Hasbro really cheaped out by painting them with such plain colors. I grabbed a Snow Padme for my daughter- and even though the face paint kinda sucks, the figure and cape are overall really good.

There was a 12 figure limit, so I had to really pick and choose. I still need the Ewoks and Sandstorm Luke, plus that black pilot figure. There were plenty of Yarnas. I am torn on the clone wars figures because I never liked the "real" versions, only the animated variety. So I grabbed the IG88 and Scuba Trooper, but left the Jedi figures. I might go back for Saesee Tiin with his armor.

No sign of any new mighty muggs.

By the way, TRU had figures for $6.99. Glendale Target had them today for $7.99, and Burbank KB has plenty of figures for $8.99 each.

Glad you guys enjoyed the Con, but I can't say I missed it- the crowds and my aching feet were a drag last year.

BlueSnags
07-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Uncle Fester sighting (Snags will get this one.)

Haha! Was he hanging out at the AFA booth?:laugh:

-Snags

swabie2424
07-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Back from SDCC also. If I were any more tired I'd be dead.

Great seeing some of the guys down there. I'm kinda outta the Hasbro game these days, but I helped my pal Snags score a bit of stuff down at the Con. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you all had excellent Midnight Madness experiences.

Cool to see Crunchy down there... and I also ran into Toonimator and Turbo for the first time in forever!

bikerscout
07-28-2008, 06:53 AM
i was wrong in my last post, the imperial pilot and Rebel pilot #2 Evolutions are out. The reports i heard were mainly from Target, but the other chains, i'm not sure of and might be worth a try.

shot ya a pm Crunchy

Cataclizm1
07-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Weird no mention of the SDCC exclusives on HTS yet. But I heard comic2008 will get you 10% off when they go up...

Cataclizm1
07-28-2008, 10:23 AM
exclusives are up!!! Blue Cobra Com's are limit 1 so I did two orders.

BlueSnags
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Looks like the Blue Commanders sold out in about 15 min. Black Commander still available.

-Snags

figrin bran
07-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Looks like the Blue Commanders sold out in about 15 min. Black Commander still available.

-Snags

It didn't help that there were server issues! I kept getting a "your request could not be completed. Click here if not redirected in 5 seconds.

CrunchyNug
07-28-2008, 11:55 AM
I found the new Comic Packs this morning at Target. I got Durge/Anakin and Assaj/What's his Face. There were lots of leftovers from the weekend, but nothing that I really needed.

wampaslayr
07-28-2008, 09:00 PM
If anyone is shopping for Evo packs, check out your local WM's as they are selling them for $15.00. I was able to pick up the rebel pilots #2 at my WM.

Also picked up a holo Grievous at TRU. I am amazed at the stupidity of the TRU workers. While in SD for the convention, I stopped by a TRU in National City and I asked the girl about the exclusive figure and she looked at me as if I was speaking in a foreign tongue. She had no clue what I was talking about. I stopped by my local TRU today looking for it and the guy did not know what I was talking about. He was nice enough to check the stock room and came out with a fresh case of figs with the Ewok, which I still needed. I called another location and they had it and when I went there they were behind the customer service counter. If anyone is looking for them go to that booth and they will sell them to you for $10.

Also picked up the Durge and Asajj comic packs at my local Target. Found the Lando and Dooku packs at a WM, but no Wookie pack. Between SDCC and scoring complete sets of the new figures, I am broke (for now).

Maradona
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I was at a San Diego area Target at opening twice this weekend and was surprised that there were no collectors/scalpers either day. I managed to get all 3 SW battle packs (Hoth and both sets with the speeders). The most surprising find was all 3 new GI Joe comic packs.

The Mission Bay MM was not as crowded as I expected and I think Hasbro also might have expected more. Got everything I wanted except a Rex, even though there were about 50-60 people ahead of us. TRU had so much of everything and piles of cases behind the curtains. There was a noticeable scalper presence based upon the composition of their shopping carts. One guy had about 20 scuba troopers.

CrunchyNug
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
There are a lot of SW leftovers hanging around town, but I did find a few new Comic Packs again, as well as the new GI Joe Comic Packs. Got a lot of reading to do...

mtriv73
07-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I just heard on NPR that you guys had a decent sized quake. Is everyone all right?

darkagent
07-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Got my 2 Captain Rex mail away figures yesterday. Of course one of them was crushed and the other one was perfect.

Stopped by Target on the way to work today and managed to pick up a couple Cobra BATS and Snow Serpents. Didn't see any of the new Target SW battle packs.

Tycho
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I just heard on NPR that you guys had a decent sized quake. Is everyone all right?

It woke me and then I went back to sleep. I just felt it wasn't going to be a big one. But I'm in San Diego, so the LA guys would have been closer to the epicenter of course.

Turbowars
07-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Man SDCC was awesome this year. I had a great time with 2 wonderful girls! Good to see you Mike, Jeff, Rich, Pete and oh yah Chip. BTW where the hell were you SNAGS? Anyways I spent too much $ on art. I bought a cool vintage SW insert poster and the lame Anakin bust and that's it with SW. Some of the Art was fantastic. I spent most of my time talking to the artists. Hasbro was a let down, but I knew it would be. SSC Vader and troops look pretty good, but we will see in a year if they look like the protos and we all know they usually don't. Saw lots of TnA which was very nice. I thank the Evil Cheerleader for not wearing fish nets and having her mini skirt bottom above her rear. Very nice and trashy! I love it!:twisted:

figrin bran
07-29-2008, 09:27 PM

I'm okay. I was at work when it hit, didn't feel it but heard some rattling and just assumed it was the construction crew outside.

Back home, I had a few toys on display like Masterpiece Optimus fall to the floor but other than that, everything's okay.

Turbo, I saw Snags at the con as well as a lot of the people you named but where were YOU?

Commtech
07-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Man SDCC was awesome this year. I had a great time with 2 wonderful girls! ....
.......Saw lots of TnA which was very nice. I thank the Evil Cheerleader for not wearing fish nets and having her mini skirt bottom above her rear. Very nice and trashy! I love it!:twisted:

Wow, looks like good ol' Turbo got some Hugh Hefner Gamma Blood injected during chemo!:yes:

He's back ladies and gentleman!!:thumbsup:

Great to hear you're in good spirits again my friend!:)

ps. Does that mean you are now going to collect Indy figures and mighty mugs? Hope not.

ps2: Let's go to Hooters to drink, eat and watch some TnA. I'll buy! (seriously)

gambitguru
07-30-2008, 01:52 AM
ps2: Let's go to Hooters to drink, eat and watch some TnA. I'll buy! (seriously)

hey count me in, theres one is burbank right? naw just kidding. if anybody finds the new gi joe figs, please stash. Man the new Gi joe line looks awsome from comic con, there goes at least another $400-600 dollars. i felt the earthquake was pretty long, some of my toys feel at well, couple gi joe and kubricks.

mark2d2
07-30-2008, 01:55 AM
The quake rattled the hell out of me, that's for sure. As I've mentioned in other threads, I am in the midst of renovating my apartment this week. . . So I was high up on a shaky ladder painting my kitchen ceiling when it hit. And it definitely made things interesting to be sure as I first thought the blasted ladder was just giving out on me or something.

My Los Feliz apartment rolled quite a bit. In fact, it felt very much as if the ground had turned to jello. . .

But then it was over. Nothing broken. Or knocked over even. Heck, even the recently purchased Yarna was still standing. . . Just a couple of hanging light fixtures a swinging.

I dunno. Even this North Dakota boy is now a jaded Angeleno as my first thought --- as the quake seemed to go on and on forever --- was: "Oh, great. Now the walls are gonna come crashing down and I've only just gotten them painted at long last!"

:whip:

Hit the Toys R Us on La Cienega coming back from dinner. Nothing of interest. I was hoping for a few ROTJ figs. But truthfully, I only want the blasted blue R4 B.A.D parts. Any army builder got any spares they wanna trade for loose figs or cash? Lemme know.

Jango Speck
07-30-2008, 02:03 AM
The girls at Burbank Hooters were terrible for the first couple years. You're much better off going to the Pasadena location.

I got home tonight to find my MM Chewie face down on my desk. No other damage, which is great since I was about to move all my statues this weekend.

My "new" house is costing me a fortune in emergency re-do's for plumbing, electric, etc., so I maybe unloading some exclusive statues on the Bay for as much profit as possible. If you guys find my auctions, please don't hate me- I need money badly and GG stuff is the only thing I have to make quick cash right now- that and selling my Wii. I'm actually thinking of returning all of my midnight madness purchases as well- I hope this isn't the end of collecting for me, but it might be a major slimming down for the time being. Too bad Hasbro stuff has no resell value...

swabie2424
07-30-2008, 02:47 AM
My house made it through unscathed. Wife and kids were unharmed.

Hey... do any of you guys want free SDCC Hasbro exclusives?

Then stop by GalacticBinder.com and enter!

We're giving away a Gree Mighty Mugg and a Disturbance in the Force set. You can enter once per day as usual. While others "flip" we just keep giving stuff away.....

http://www.galacticbinder.com

bikerscout
07-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Mace is officially dead. He was the first figure i saw on the ground, and he's never fallen before. It's funny b/c he (TAC mold) was posed with office Palpy in a duel. Lol. I slept thru the quake. Musta been tired. Then i heard it was a 5.6. A lot of figs who haven't fallen, fell including some clones in the gunship in my living room. Ultimate BB didn't fall, neither did MP prime & SS. Lol.
I don't know what wave but there were new joes at the Glendale gall. target. Torpedo, etc.
Figrin Bran - i met a bunch of rebel scummers & crunchy, but missed ya. Shoulda met tycho, TW and everyone else too. Maybe we can do a CW movie premier group. That'd be fun.

o ya, how could i forget? I got my Rex in the mail today (maybe yesterday but didnt chk mail) and got my TRU Holo Grievous excl. tonite for $0.24!! It was this price due to the difference in tax between SD and LA. I bought all my stuff at MM in SD and showed them the receipt, it was well over a bill anyway. (darn AT-TE!)

crunchy - u have a pm

figrin bran
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Mace is officially dead. He was the first figure i saw on the ground, and he's never fallen before. It's funny b/c he (TAC mold) was posed with office Palpy in a duel. Lol. I slept thru the quake. Musta been tired. Then i heard it was a 5.6. A lot of figs who haven't fallen, fell including some clones in the gunship in my living room. Ultimate BB didn't fall, neither did MP prime & SS. Lol.
I don't know what wave but there were new joes at the Glendale gall. target. Torpedo, etc.
Figrin Bran - i met a bunch of rebel scummers & crunchy, but missed ya. Shoulda met tycho, TW and everyone else too. Maybe we can do a CW movie premier group. That'd be fun.

o ya, how could i forget? I got my Rex in the mail today (maybe yesterday but didnt chk mail) and got my TRU Holo Grievous excl. tonite for $0.24!! It was this price due to the difference in tax between SD and LA. I bought all my stuff at MM in SD and showed them the receipt, it was well over a bill anyway. (darn AT-TE!)

crunchy - u have a pm

dude, I didn't see any Scummers except for Snags, whom I knew already.

Commtech
07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I didn't see any of you and I know most of you in person and was there 4 days.:ninja:

toonimator
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Heh, the quake knocked down my MM Chewie, too, here at work. He was on top of the animation desk behind me, with X-Men Classics/Legends Archangel (sans wings) in front of him, so both fell, knocked over my JLU 10" Bats & WW, most of my Bumblebee mini-shrine, New Frontier Supes, and and Movie Starscream. So it was just a chain reaction, really... strange that MM Iron Man stayed upright, guess Chewie's bowcaster was enough to tip the balance.

SDCC was crazy! Only saw Swabie while doing the Crowd Shuffle through one of those hellish "every booth has something to draw a huge line" areas near the F doors. Heard a familiar voice, and there he was shuffling along next to me! Good seein ya!

Never bothered getting into the Hasbro line. It was always full, I was only remotely interested in the blue Cobra Commander which was already sold out (heard some horror stories of tons of vendors filling the line on Preview Night and a complete lack of limits, with at least one person making off with dozens of CASES of some items).

Picked up one Grayskull, and it turned out to be the statue variant!

Hit Burbank Target this morning at 9am, not much there so I did my part & bought a CW R2 and Clone Trooper, along with Legacy Gree (for the droid part, so I don't have to buy that crappy Han). The CW figures are pretty fun, though I'll wait on the STAP BP for Anakin, and probably get Obi-Wan in his 212th BP.

sentry
07-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Found the G.I. Joe wave 5 comic packs at Sherman Oaks Target this morning and lucked out and got the Black head Destro. There was one set of the comic packs still there when i left this morning. They did not get any new Star Wars figs in today.

Commtech
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Picked up one Grayskull, and it turned out to be the statue variant!

When I went to buy my King Grayskull at the Mattel booth, I was telling the nice ladies at the cashiers that I was hoping to get the statue/bronze variant. They told me that some other customer came back very upset because he had opened his and got the variant. He was angry because he didn't get a "colored one".
Arrrggghh!! Some people.:tired:

sentry
07-30-2008, 05:15 PM
When I went to buy my King Grayskull at the Mattel booth, I was telling the nice ladies at the cashiers that I was hoping to get the statue/bronze variant. They told me that some other customer came back very upset because he had opened his and got the variant. He was angry because he didn't get a "colored one".
Arrrggghh!! Some people.:tired:

That was my friend. My friend and I each bought one and we both got Bronze. I don't really care about bronze, but I kept it and my friend went back to buy another one, so he could get color and got a bronze one again! some may call it good luck, but for someone who wants to display a regular version, it was a little annoying spending about $100 and not getting one.

Chaddymac
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Work has been a bear seeing as how I keep leaving on vacation and coming back, but SDCC was really awesome. I got to meet several of my heroes (J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, Bob Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Jeff Pinkner, Bryan Burk, and... most of their assistants :)) I also got a really good haul of exclusives, although I have to say - I don't think that's James Earl Jones' voice on the Vader platform thingy. Anyone else notice that? Since the Millennium Falcon uses the original voices, you'd think that wouldn't have been such a difficult thing to do for the SDCC exclusive. But then again, maybe.

Anyway, what'd I miss? I picked up a handful of the first wave of droid factory figures, as well as one of the IG 88 lancer droids, but the rest seem harder to find. Which stores have had the best selection? I tried Target and TRU.

Commtech
07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
That was my friend. My friend and I each bought one and we both got Bronze. I don't really care about bronze, but I kept it and my friend went back to buy another one, so he could get color and got a bronze one again! some may call it good luck, but for someone who wants to display a regular version, it was a little annoying spending about $100 and not getting one.

I'll trade with you or your friend the bronze for my regular one.

Cataclizm1
07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Dang I want a bronze one too.

sentry
07-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I decided to keep mine at comic con, and after i left he got a another one on sunday that was a regular one. I don't know what he was going to do with his bronze, I will ask him.

Tycho
07-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Target must have stocked either overnight and no one bought anything, or it was mid-day and I came at the right time.

They had all of the Legacy Wave 2 figures again and I got 3 SCUBA Troopers, the Clone with the Quad-Cannon, a couple more Obi-Wans (going to return 2, just want great paint jobs), a Quarren and a Mon Cal - think that's about it.

I still turn down Padme, SaeSee, and the IG Lancer (though the last one is cool - I just bought VTAC IG-88's to serve that purpose when they were on clearance, and I think I'm set with that.)

I guess I'll still have to go to Wal-Mart for the Comic packs, but other than that, I'm done.

Commtech
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
I decided to keep mine at comic con, and after i left he got a another one on sunday that was a regular one. I don't know what he was going to do with his bronze, I will ask him.

Yes, please tell him I'll give him extra cash for it.

I just came back from Burbank TRU and they just restocked a bunch of Legacy and CW figures. I was going to buy a few figures to get the Holo Grievous but of course they were out. I put them back. I rather give that money to Target who's always been good to me.

AussieScott
08-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Any sightings of Rebel Pilot's Legacy series 1? Or was I just too late?

If you're interested, last night (July 31) was TRU Midnight Madness night here in Aus. Probably the best Star Wars range to hit our shores in a generation, even the new Falcon is here, at $249 (not bad, given it's size, and much cheaper than I expected). The AT-TE is $199.

I was eyeing off the Falcon greedily at Tustin Target earlier this week... I had planned to get one there but there's just no way I could bring something that big home with me. Might have to bite the bullet and pay Aus prices for that one...

No basic vehicles here yet but, interestingly, they already have the Dagger Squadron B-Wings here. Same mold but radical paint job... the main new innovation is that the guns can be swapped out for firing missile launchers.

santosha
08-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Some Wave 2 Legacy clones up on HTS, code for 10% from Comicon good till August 10th is comic2008

toonimator
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Picked up Rex at Burbank Target this morning. I'm not gonna go crazy collecting the CW line, but that is one nice figure.

They've sold all but 2 Evo sets, both Fetts, so hopefully this weekend there'll be some Rebel Pilots to be had. I'm still suffering from post-Con brokeness, but I'll spring for them and a few Legacy figures (if they ever stock 'em!). Be nice to see some Comic Packs there, too. Two BPs were there, one CW BARC set and Hoth Recon Patrol.

I hit Burbank TRU the other night, and as expected they had zero CW or TLC figures. Big ol' empty cardboard stand in the CW section.

...and I preordered the SSC Vader.

BlueSnags
08-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Picked up the Clone Wars Speeder Bike BP at Los Feliz TRU at lunch, along with a CW Clone Trooper. Spent over $30 so they gave me a free Holo Grievous.

-Snags

Kidhuman
08-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Some Wave 2 Legacy clones up on HTS, code for 10% from Comicon good till August 10th is comic2008

Thanks for the tip and code, I was able to get some stuff earlier today

figrin bran
08-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I still needed a Padme. They also have Rebel Pilots Evo - Set #2 is the one pictured so hopefully that's what I'll receive. Gotta cross my fingers on that one.

Tycho
08-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Tonight Wal-Mart had a Rebel Pilots Evolution set. I'm not sure which one, but it was the one with Ten Numb and Wes Janson.

As much as I'd like a Janson figure, I turned this set down. I have enough Ten Numb figures and I'm not really sure who the girl is. I hope they'll use the body mold for a Jaina Solo pilot figure at a later date though.

Anyway, I might buy the OTHER Rebel Pilots Evolution set. I'm going to have to search online for a picture of that tonight, as I want to see who comes with it. The Twi'lek girl, Doc, is definitely a selling point of that one. Doc appears in the Rogue Squadron comics. She was a flight tech before she became a pilot herself.

Janson needs an X-wing pilot outfit (that's the snowspeeder look he's sporting in the Evolutions set) and a fully removeable helmet so you can see the hair on his head, rather than the pilot's skull cap. They could go that route with Hobbie and Tycho as well. (Not me - but the comic book character.)

Chaddymac
08-02-2008, 01:06 PM
found the (Edit) Padme Evo set at Target. I didn't stash the second one, but PM for details. Found the rest of the wave 1 & 2 legacy too. Did wal-mart stop selling those exclusive droid packs? Also found transformers Universe Onslaught and Powerglide at TRU (last ones) and Target (one powerglide and 3 onslaughts left). PM me for details.

Kidhuman
08-02-2008, 01:39 PM
There is a Leia Evo set? I thought it was Padme only. Or is that what you mean?

toonimator
08-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Anyway, I might buy the OTHER Rebel Pilots Evolution set. I'm going to have to search online for a picture of that tonight, as I want to see who comes with it. The Twi'lek girl, Doc, is definitely a selling point of that one. Doc appears in the Rogue Squadron comics. She was a flight tech before she became a pilot herself.
I think you've got your lekku crossed. Doc was a pilot in Red Squadron, not Rogue Squadron (she appeared in the badly-thought-out yet fan-embraced Darklighter arc in EMPIRE; only appeared in a flashback in X-wing: Rogue Squadron #1/2).

Koyi Komad was a Twi'lek who was the chief mechanic for Rogue Squadron through most of their comic adventures and mentioned in a couple of the books, who later married Nrin Vakil (who looks pretty great in that Comic Pack!).

Maybe Doc was a tech before she joined Red Squadron as a pilot; Wookieepedia doesn't mention it and I never read all of "Darklighter" after seeing that they made Biggs an Imperial and conveniently cut the portion of the Tatooine scene with Luke that made it clear that he was NOT an Imperial, nor was the Academy he'd gone to and Luke wanted to attend. Oh, and seeing the open-faced TIE helmets and learning they were 'artistic license' also pushed me away from it :p

Anyhoo, Burbank Target had an Ewok set this morning, with a half-peeled 1st Day sticker on it. Great set, Nippet could've used head articulation just for fun. Hardly anything else, pretty disappointing start to the weekend.

Dropped by Burbank TRU after 11 and saw a couple ROTJ leftovers & a bunch of CW-wave leftovers (Obis, IGs, ARC Gunners). They also had a couple B-wings, gotta pass for now.

Tycho
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the correction Toominator. Yeah, I did get that confused. Aside from Aayla Secura, I've gotten bored by most Twi'lek female characters and tend to ignore them...ASIDE from Aayla Secura.

figrin bran
08-02-2008, 06:35 PM
I didn't feel like seeing the La Brea Sat. crowd (El Puerco, The Geezer, Mophead and the Best Western brothers) first thing in the morning so I opted for the Glendale/Los Feliz crowd.

From Glendale Target and LF TRU, I picked up a few Legacy figures that I was missing. Actually passed up some 1st day Chewies as I'd like to open them. Not that I couldn't open 1st days but I figure that I'd leave them for anyone going for complete MOC 1st day sets.

I stopped by La Brea Target afterwards and found TF Universe Powerglide!!! Thank you El Puerco for not buying it earlier in the morning!

BlueSnags
08-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I didn't feel like seeing the La Brea Sat. crowd (El Puerco, The Geezer, Mophead and the Best Western brothers) first thing in the morning so I opted for the Glendale/Los Feliz crowd.
!

Haha! I know El Puerco, but but who're those other guys? Pretty good names.

Picked up a LEGO Imperial Landing Craft at Burbank Target for $13 today. Trying to lie low this weekend (broke after SDCC last week).

-Snags

figrin bran
08-02-2008, 09:43 PM
The Geezer is a really old guy - looks like he's 70+. Mophead is a young guy with curly hair that looks like a steel scouring sponge. Best Western bros. are these 2 dudes that go in wearing Best Western uni's, just like El Puerco with his mechanic or tow truck (so that's where he gets his money - by severely overcharging!) Usually at opening, El Puerco, Mophead and Geezer walk in formation with El P in the middle, Geezer to his left, Mophead to the right. It's hilarious b/c they march in like they own the place!

Cataclizm1
08-03-2008, 12:32 AM
If anyone finds an extra Movie-Masters-Demon-Batman chase for me and buys it or stashes it I will become your slave for a whole week.

RUSHBOY
08-03-2008, 12:40 AM
If anyone finds an extra Movie-Masters-Demon-Batman chase for me and buys it or stashes it I will become your slave for a whole week.

I saw some MM figures today at Target but they only had scarecrow and batman begins batman !! No luck with the chase demon batman .

BlueSnags
08-03-2008, 12:58 AM
The Geezer is a really old guy - looks like he's 70+. Mophead is a young guy with curly hair that looks like a steel scouring sponge. Best Western bros. are these 2 dudes that go in wearing Best Western uni's, just like El Puerco with his mechanic or tow truck (so that's where he gets his money - by severely overcharging!) Usually at opening, El Puerco, Mophead and Geezer walk in formation with El P in the middle, Geezer to his left, Mophead to the right. It's hilarious b/c they march in like they own the place!

Glad to hear there are some new Rogues showing up - I'll have to keep a lookout for them. The only regular scalper I've seen lately is Jackie Chan (at Raymer Target last weekend).:laugh:

I opened the $13 LEGO ILC that I picked up today and it turns out the mini figs were gone. Someone probably bought it, took the mini figs and returned it (which would explain why it was on the shelves long after they all disappeared from LA). So I returned to Burbank Target and got my money back (after explaining the situation to them). Hopefully they don't put it back on the shelf now that they know the mini figs were stolen.

Also, ended up hitting Walmart today and found the following (see pic).

-Snags:bandit:

figrin bran
08-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Snags, you have to come to LF TRU sometimes on Sat. morning to check out Spanky's hordefest. While it's good to see Sanchez leaving the store empty handed, that's only b/c Spanky has all the goods in his shopping cart. I must've seen at least 5 Scuba Clones in his cart today. Hootie has been showing up there sometimes as well.

bikerscout
08-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Snags - were those out on the pegs?

BlueSnags
08-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Snags - were those out on the pegs?

Yup - they have their own endcap display. They were $6.94 each.

-Snags

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 05:53 AM
TRU Culver City had all of Legacy wave 2 (Clone Wars 1, realistic) today, plus Rebel Pilot Evolutions. TRU W. LA had Imp Pilot Evolutions and both new Hoth battle packs plus the animated BARC Speeder battlepack. Target W.LA had TF:Animated Oil Slick. Target Culver City had 2 Padme Evo sets. TRU Culver City had TF:U Powerglide & Onslaught on Thursday, but I bought the only one of each.

Still looking for Bane Malar, that's my only Legacy figure missing at this point.

TRU Culver City has a B-wing with a missing figure already, classy!

I can't believe how many of you jerks didn't make it to the Thursday lunch, what the hell? Next time, you'll have to come and you'll have to sit in the dog poop. :D

The LA collecting scene is such a pain in the arse compared to San Diego where stuff was findable in the afternoon, unlike the hordes and the scalpers rape and pillage our stores so much worse here!

Man SDCC was awesome this year. I had a great time with 2 wonderful girls! Good to see you Mike, Jeff, Rich, Pete and oh yah Chip. BTW where the hell were you SNAGS? Anyways I spent too much $ on art. I bought a cool vintage SW insert poster and the lame Anakin bust and that's it with SW. Some of the Art was fantastic. I spent most of my time talking to the artists. Hasbro was a let down, but I knew it would be. SSC Vader and troops look pretty good, but we will see in a year if they look like the protos and we all know they usually don't. Saw lots of TnA which was very nice. I thank the Evil Cheerleader for not wearing fish nets and having her mini skirt bottom above her rear. Very nice and trashy! I love it!:twisted:Word! :D I had a good time with your ladies too. We all gotta do more stuff next time, and not just witness the weird manimal magnetism of the SW Fan Film Awards. ;)

The quake knocked down almost half my collection, I am not sure what I want to do at this point. It was a whopper, if I hadn't grabbed my monitor it would definitely have flung itself to the floor (and then I couldn't have completed that nifty SDCC Hasbro Q&A article I wrote :p).

Chaddymac
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM
There is a Leia Evo set? I thought it was Padme only. Or is that what you mean?

Whoops. That's what I meant. Thanks for the catch.

CrunchyNug
08-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Nice score Snags!!!

Lots of goodies at Target this morning. Practically ALL SW was marked down.

AT-TE $89.99
Vehiciles $16.99
Evo $16.99
BP's $16.99
Figs $6.99!!!

Got to make some price adjustments on some old receipts.

Also found the new JLU singles

Stargirl
Hawkman
Bats
Sups
Killawog

Grabbed a few more B.A.T.S. from a few w9 cases.

Cars were aplenty too. Got Red Copter & RPM Pit Crew Dude.

Commtech
08-03-2008, 01:41 PM

I need that too!

Nice score Snags!!!

Lots of goodies at Target this morning. Practically ALL SW was marked down.

AT-TE $89.99
Vehiciles $16.99
Evo $16.99
BP's $16.99
Figs $6.99!!!

Got to make some price adjustments on some old receipts.

Was the falcon also marked down? I just bought it 2 days ago.

figrin bran
08-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Also found the new JLU singles

Stargirl
Hawkman
Bats
Sups
Killawog

Cars were aplenty too. Got Red Copter & RPM Pit Crew Dude.

I found all of this as well. Bought the 2 Cars and all of the JLU singles except for Stargirl and Kilowog.

JT, I saw around 4 Bane Malars at a store yesterday...forget which but it was either Glendale Target or Los Feliz TRU or La Brea Target. I'll stash next time.

Luuuuuuke
08-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Like Snags, I found the Wal-Mart 501st legion trooper exclusive, but I had to take it from a box last night. They hadn't set it out yet. The best thing is WalMart didn't ratchet up the price on their exclusive like Target did with Commander Fox.

Commtech
08-04-2008, 01:09 PM
2 more cases of Movie Masters Batman figures today at target and no ghoul face chase Batman. Aaaaarrrggghhh!!

(any luck finding it Cataclizm?)

CrunchyNug
08-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Joe-Heads, HTS has B.A.T.S. in stock right now

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ST=SO&ID=21701&PG=1

Looks like it's still a pre-order though.

Commtech
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey Joe-Heads, HTS has B.A.T.S. in stock right now

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ST=SO&ID=21701&PG=1

Looks like it's still a pre-order though.

Out of stock! That was fast.

darkagent
08-04-2008, 02:04 PM
For some reason, the SW sale at Target this week doesn't include Battle Packs and Comic Packs. They were $19.99 and $12.99. What's up with the Comic Pack price. I passed them up at TRU at $10.99 because I thought Target would be cheaper.

Commtech
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
For some reason, the SW sale at Target this week doesn't include Battle Packs and Comic Packs. They were $19.99 and $12.99. What's up with the Comic Pack price. I passed them up at TRU at $10.99 because I thought Target would be cheaper.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday after I went back to do some price adjustments and get some money back. It doesn't include the falcon either.

By the way, I opened my falcon yesterday. It's easily one of the top 5 toys of all time. Worth every penny.

Cataclizm1
08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
2 more cases of Movie Masters Batman figures today at target and no ghoul face chase Batman. Aaaaarrrggghhh!!

(any luck finding it Cataclizm?)
None at the 3 targets i hit today. :(

So I got a King Grayskull from a friend at SDCC. I ordered a 2nd one from Mattel online and I just opened it and it's the variant bronze YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaddymac
08-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Agreed on the Falcon. That and my Masterpiece/20th Anniversary Optimus Prime are easily the crown jewels of my collection.

Commtech
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah, if I would've found that Falcon and that Prime under the Christmas tree, I would've had a heart attack at the young age of 12.

bikerscout
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Agreed on the Falcon. That and my Masterpiece/20th Anniversary Optimus Prime are easily the crown jewels of my collection.

you sir have good taste in toys.

i log in on the home page, yet that doesn't carry when i go into the forums and I have to log in again, just to post. wtf?? 1 time -please!!!!

Cataclizm1
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Guess i need to get a Falcon next time I hit Wally.

JediTricks
08-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I found all of this as well. Bought the 2 Cars and all of the JLU singles except for Stargirl and Kilowog. Ha! I swear those are the only JLU singles I've seen so far. Culver City or W.LA Target. Need stashing?

JT, I saw around 4 Bane Malars at a store yesterday...forget which but it was either Glendale Target or Los Feliz TRU or La Brea Target. I'll stash next time.Rats, I wish I had seen this earlier today. Probably for the best I didn't, had to get the Q&A thread up to date today, but still...

If you see another and stash, that'd be awesome, thanks!

i log in on the home page, yet that doesn't carry when i go into the forums and I have to log in again, just to post. wtf?? 1 time -please!!!!Sounds like you have a cookie issue. Please post in the Comments/Suggestions/Problems forum so Steve can look into it.

figrin bran
08-05-2008, 01:02 AM
No I don't need stashing of Stargirl or Kilowog as I have those two from their previous release in 3 packs. However, I will need stashing if anyone finds the new 3 packs with Captain Atom or Galatea.

JT, don't worry I'll be sure to either stash or pick up Bane M. if I see him again.

Tycho
08-05-2008, 08:00 AM

Amen. There's not a better way to put that!

BlueSnags
08-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Anyone know if Chubby13's store is still in business?

-Snags

toonimator
08-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Ha! I swear those are the only JLU singles I've seen so far. Culver City or W.LA Target. Need stashing?
Right after Comic Con, Burbank Target actually had the wave... picked up Hawkman as I skipped the 3 pack (wanted his mace & didn't like the skin-tone difference). At least the new one has matching head & body, even if they opted for the gray body of the 3pack. Hawks was my first DC superhero toy when I was a kid, from the Super Powers line, so it was neat getting a new one.

Burbank Target had another case of Legacy w1, picked up Luke. Decent, but still not good enough for a DS2 version. They had one Kilowog & black-suit Supes on the DC-side, maybe there were still some Orions or something (my brain just skips over the DC Universe pegs, they haven't had anything new in so long)

Hopefully by Christmas I'll cave in & get the Falcon. Someone on RS repainted his, inside & out. Looks amazing!

Chaddymac
08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Do you have a link to that? I'd be interested to see what they did.

Also, was reading the Hasbro Q&A and noticed that someone mentioned a 2008 Figure Poster. I don't remember seeing anything like that. Does anyone have a link to that, too?

Commtech
08-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you have a link to that? I'd be interested to see what they did.

Also, was reading the Hasbro Q&A and noticed that someone mentioned a 2008 Figure Poster. I don't remember seeing anything like that. Does anyone have a link to that, too?

I think I saw some people at Comic Con with those figure posters that they got free at the Hasbro booth.

Tycho
08-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I think I saw some people at Comic Con with those figure posters that they got free at the Hasbro booth.

There wasn't much on them. To display a lot of figures, you have the 21-B wave leading it off (the last of the TAC packaging) and the Bail Organa wave finishing it, with the Build-A-Droid figures in there.

Things that were shown like Wioslea are not on there. Too bad, too. I think the assortment is a slight let-down next to previous years, like the TAC.

Turbowars
08-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, I bought my 1st New figure yesterday. They had everything but the OT stuff, but I only got a Scuba trooper. The other stuff doesn't do anything for me, either does the Falcon. Funny how things work, now that I have the $ to buy what I want I don't care about this stuff. I have come to the realization that I used SW collecting as a outlet to get away from my wife for a little while when she was around. I know pretty sad. :yes:

If there are any young guys here and are thinking about getting married, here's a few words of advise, DON'T DO IT! I don't care how awesome she is, it just doesn't make sense in this day and age to do it, at least here with CA women.

The GG Airborn went up today. You can order 3. Pretty cool, I grabbed 2. Got to love GG stuff!.

Jango Speck
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry to report that Chubby13's shop is still open for business. Hey Turbo, got a link for the GG Airborne?

darkagent
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
link for the GG Airborne?

It's on the Star Wars Shop home page.

Turbowars
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry to report that Chubby13's shop is still open for business. Hey Turbo, got a link for the GG Airborne?http://shop.starwars.com/?rid=CJADBN

Tycho
08-05-2008, 10:24 PM
If there are any young guys here and are thinking about getting married, here's a few words of advise, DON'T DO IT! I don't care how awesome she is, it just doesn't make sense in this day and age to do it, at least here with CA women.

I totally echo that sentiment. If you need to say things to keep a good girl around, LIE. Nothing she does is worth paying her alimony or willing her all your life earnings even after you die. There's no reason to get married, especially if she's not pregnant. (By all means take care of your children, but being a good father does not mean you HAVE TO be a good husband. Ideally it would work out that way, but don't rely on that.)

Being an adult means being able to take care of yourself. Ladies need to become adults as well. Let them.

JediTricks
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
First off, Bane Malar is mine, they had a ton at TRU Los Feliz. That store also had the Galactic Heroes Darth Vader TIE Fighter set ($25). TRU basic figs in both lines have gone up to $7.99, but they left the TLC figs' tag as $6.99 so I got Bane for that price.

Turbowars
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I totally echo that sentiment. If you need to say things to keep a good girl around, LIE. Nothing she does is worth paying her alimony or willing her all your life earnings even after you die. There's no reason to get married, especially if she's not pregnant. (By all means take care of your children, but being a good father does not mean you HAVE TO be a good husband. Ideally it would work out that way, but don't rely on that.)

Being an adult means being able to take care of yourself. Ladies need to become adults as well. Let them.Yeah I don't like the fact that I have to pay my ex 4 years of Alimony. Hell I took care of her the whole time why should I now? I HATE CA. Women it's called a FN JOB!!!!!!!!!!

figrin bran
08-05-2008, 11:35 PM
First off, Bane Malar is mine, they had a ton at TRU Los Feliz. That store also had the Galactic Heroes Darth Vader TIE Fighter set ($25). TRU basic figs in both lines have gone up to $7.99, but they left the TLC figs' tag as $6.99 so I got Bane for that price.

I didn't see that price hike coming! And just when Target lowered there's from 7.99 to 6.99. Those GH DV Tie's are on sale this week at Target for 16.99 btw, along with the AOTC JSF, Mos Eisley and Jabba's Palace sets.

Commtech
08-06-2008, 12:34 AM

Words of advice: If you are going to get married, marry a Latina.:thumbsup:

Turbo: I can't believe you don't dig the Falcon. Best toy vehicle EVER!

stillakid
08-06-2008, 01:05 AM
I found and brought home the new Falcon yesterday. Yeah me! I don't have anywhere to put it, but I just couldn't pass it up. That was at Target on Sepulveda in Van Nuys.

Been having trouble find the Build-a-Droid figures anywhere. Just finding a lot of those "Clone Pack" figures instead.

Last week I also caved and got that big walking Prequel vehicle. It's okay. I've also got a bunch of the Clone first wave (all of it maybe). That was all at Target either in Van Nuys or on Ventura/Desoto.

Chaddymac
08-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Speaking of build a droid, is Wal-Mart no longer stocking their exclusive wave? Have I asked this before? I can't remember.

BlueSnags
08-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Speaking of build a droid, is Wal-Mart no longer stocking their exclusive wave? Have I asked this before? I can't remember.

The exclusive build-a-droid sets are up on Walmart.com if you still need 'em.

-Snags

toonimator
08-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Burbank Target's crappy distribution status continues, as it fills the pegs... with more Wave 1. Haven't seen a single dreg of Wave 2 there, yet. They got some BPs in, couple Hoth Patrol and one each of the Speeder Bike sets.

Still no sign of any comic packs there, just the same three Koffi/Bultars that've been there for weeks.

They DID finally have some of the little DC figures, but only a few.

Here's the Falcon repaint link: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3346071&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post3348381#3346071

There's two Falcons at Target. Go grab some paints at Michael's just down the lot from it, and get to work! :D

Commtech
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Found DC Universe new figures. Got Green Lantern (Probly the best GL ever!), Nightwing and Robin. Another collector beat me to the Deathstroke unmasked variant and Sinestro (damn!). If anyone sees those two and are not interested, please stash. I don't care if it's the regular masked Deathstroke. I want the parts to complete Salomon Grundy!

santosha
08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I found the the 5 DC universe guys too this morning at Target , didnt know which ones were variants.

toonimator
08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Target's also put the $7.99 tags back on all the SW pegs, though right now only the Clone Wars figures are actually scanning at that price. Not sure about Saga Legends, but nobody really cares about them anyway :p

Still no sign of Wave 2 there, or any CPs. I looked through the full Indy pegs and, predictably, at least 2.5 of the 4 pegs are Mutts. 2 Sallahs, 2 Russians, 1 Marion, 1 KOTCS Hat, 1 KOTCS RPG, 1 Monkey Man, and... that's it. Time for a rep to take all the Mutts back home to be melted into scrap for future figures that WILL sell.

Cataclizm1
08-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Found Dc Universe wave 3 this morning at manhattan beach target. Picked up hal jordan, Robin, Nightwing, Deathstroke, and Sinestro variant. Stashed an extra Hal Jordan, PM for details!

Commtech
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I found the the 5 DC universe guys too this morning at Target , didnt know which ones were variants.

Did they have just one case or more? Are there any left? Which target?

sentry
08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I picked the wrong morning to arrive at Target at 8:20am, all the DCUC wave 3 were gone when i got there.

DAMMIT !

santosha
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Did they have just one case or more? Are there any left? Which target?
On La Cienaga, they only had one of each except for the Green Lantern, that there was 2

darkagent
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
On La Cienaga, they only had one of each except for the Green Lantern, that there was 2

All gone (except for one GL) by the time I got there at 10:30am.