PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

toonimator
08-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Hopefully this wave'll start showing up regularly, unlike Wave 2 (saw 'em only a couple times in Burbank, then Wave 1 started flooding until there was only a peg of Orions for the longest time)

JediTricks
08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Target West Hollywood had a bunch of Transformers Animated wave 3 yesterday.

I didn't see that price hike coming! And just when Target lowered there's from 7.99 to 6.99. Those GH DV Tie's are on sale this week at Target for 16.99 btw, along with the AOTC JSF, Mos Eisley and Jabba's Palace sets.Yeah, TRU really threw me with that, I dunno how much more of this price crap I can take.

I haven't seen any of those G Heroes sets at Target since the sale, nor the new vehicles for the CW line, if during this sale you see that G.Heroes Vader's TIE or the V-19 or the Spider Droid, please stash for me.

I found and brought home the new Falcon yesterday. Yeah me! I don't have anywhere to put it, but I just couldn't pass it up. That was at Target on Sepulveda in Van Nuys. Was it $150 or did they have it on sale too?

Been having trouble find the Build-a-Droid figures anywhere. Just finding a lot of those "Clone Pack" figures instead. TRU is the place I've been finding all of the wave 1 and 2 The Legacy Collection figures so far, Target had a very small number as well but TRU had 'em all for me within 3 visits.

Here's the Falcon repaint link: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3346071&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post3348381#3346071
Very impressive, thanks for the link!

Chaddymac
08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
The exclusive build-a-droid sets are up on Walmart.com if you still need 'em.

-Snags
Snags, you are my hero!

Commtech
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Snags, you are my hero!

Yeah, Snags happens to be many people's hero.

Snags for President!:thumbsup:

figrin bran
08-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I haven't seen any of those G Heroes sets at Target since the sale, nor the new vehicles for the CW line, if during this sale you see that G.Heroes Vader's TIE or the V-19 or the Spider Droid, please stash for me.

Now you ask, after I had seen all of those last Sunday. :p La Brea Target had them but I guess have sold out or else you would've found them.

For DCUC wave 3, I only want Hal Jordan so I'll stash Deathstroke and Sinestro for Commtech if I find them.

Cataclizm1
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM
For DCUC wave 3, I only want Hal Jordan
Did you hear about my stash at Manhattan beach?

figrin bran
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Did you hear about my stash at Manhattan beach?

Yes, but I don't want to travel that far

bikerscout
08-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Lost some members of my Hoth speeder battalion. Let me know if you spot them anywhere. Thx!!!!

BlueSnags
08-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah, Snags happens to be many people's hero.

Snags for President!:thumbsup:

:laugh:

-Snags

Jango Speck
08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Is anyone going to see Clone Wars next weekend?

BlueSnags
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Is anyone going to see Clone Wars next weekend?

Going on Friday (Arclight - 12:15PM) - good times ahead!

-Snags

CrunchyNug
08-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Got my tix for Friday at the Arclight also, but for the 10:00 PM screening.

santosha
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
HTS has pre orders up for legacy wave including Commander Faie at the moment
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=678

bikerscout
08-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Got my tix for Friday at the Arclight also, but for the 10:00 PM screening.

snags & crunchy - shoulda went for the 8:20p screening, Darth Anton is arranging a meetup for that time. although - arclight is kind of steep on tick prices. At least i have an excuse to bring my force fx saber to a movie, that is if they allow it in.

Cataclizm1
08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
If anyone needs a DC Universe wave 3 Green Lantern and is willing to pick it up from me in Hawthorne , CA 90250 send me a PM. I have an extra.

Jango Speck
08-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Burbank TRU told me that they sold out of the Holo Grievous promo figures- can this be true? I thought the Holo Emperors lasted a lot longer than that- what a bummer. Anyone have an extra?

figrin bran
08-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Los Feliz TRU is out of Holo Grievous as well.

bikerscout
08-10-2008, 02:08 AM
For all of you First day freaks - La Cienega TRU had 5 Han Solo and a few Chewies. No hoth speeder bp. Had a few Wild Bills, SE, and cobra infantry.

La Cienega Target - FD Battle droids and clone troopers, that's about it. This hunt was in the afternoon.

BlueSnags
08-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Holo Grievous available online (looks like stores are sold out):

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3096351

-Snags

Turbowars
08-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Man I love when I can walk into a store at 4ish and buy what I want. Picked up Malar, Yarna, Ewoks and the Hoth BP. I'd like to build those droids, but the other pictures are horrible.

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Covina TRU had quite a few Holo Grievouses about a week and a half ago. But I don't know about now. I wasn't too interested.

By the way, I don't get the whole 1st Day sticker thing. That's pretty silly to me, seeing as you can easily just peel away stickers and affix them to a figure you want to be 1st Day. I did that by taking a sticker from a figure I opened and just put it on an extra Rex, just for the heck of it. You can't tell the difference.

Mvader91
08-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Covina TRU had quite a few Holo Grievouses about a week and a half ago. But I don't know about now. I wasn't too interested.

By the way, I don't get the whole 1st Day sticker thing. That's pretty silly to me, seeing as you can easily just peel away stickers and affix them to a figure you want to be 1st Day. I did that by taking a sticker from a figure I opened and just put it on an extra Rex, just for the heck of it. You can't tell the difference.
I agree however, the STAR WARS logo is in neon blue rather than flat blue.

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree however, the STAR WARS logo is in neon blue rather than flat blue.

Funny, I didn't even notice that. Maybe cause I'm an opener I don't really notice things like that too much.

Tycho
08-11-2008, 03:31 AM
Who wants to meet Slicker? (and me?)

Slick's in San Diego for about a week longer. I can drive him up to LA on SATURDAY and meet up with some of you guys.

Maybe we could wear HEADPHONES and dress like PLUMBERS, hit your stores at opening, but forget the DIRTY SANCHEZ part! ;)

No - actually, I don't see us getting up to LA until about noon, but it'd be cool to introduce him to some of you guys that I've met (Turbowars, CrunchyNug, FigrinBran, El Chuxter, Stillakid, Blue Snaggletoothe, JediTricks, etc.) and nice to meet many of you who I've never yet met.

In this "environment," but also with my tiredness and low tolerance, it also might be one of the few times I'd drive up to LA myself, but this way we'd have a "backup driver," just in case I got pretty tired - and maybe one of you would even want to show us around town, as I don't really know LA.

bikerscout
08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Who wants to meet Slicker? (and me?)

Slick's in San Diego for about a week longer. I can drive him up to LA on SATURDAY and meet up with some of you guys.

Maybe we could wear HEADPHONES and dress like PLUMBERS, hit your stores at opening, but forget the DIRTY SANCHEZ part! ;)

No - actually, I don't see us getting up to LA until about noon, but it'd be cool to introduce him to some of you guys that I've met (Turbowars, CrunchyNug, FigrinBran, El Chuxter, Stillakid, Blue Snaggletoothe, JediTricks, etc.) and nice to meet many of you who I've never yet met.

In this "environment," but also with my tiredness and low tolerance, it also might be one of the few times I'd drive up to LA myself, but this way we'd have a "backup driver," just in case I got pretty tired - and maybe one of you would even want to show us around town, as I don't really know LA.

Toy run??!

CrunchyNug
08-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Check this out.

My boss had invited me to attend a seminar on Editing systems (since that's what I do) over the weekend with him. Now he's been known to be a bit of a practical joker in the past, but I had no idea what was in store for me.

We met at the Renaissance Hotel in the Hollywood X Highland complex around 3:00. He shows up and says, "We're a bit early for the conference, you want to walk around the mall for a bit?"

I follow him to the Mann Theatre when he says, "I just have to pop in and grab some movie tix for a screening I have later tonight with a client."

I follow him in and stand in line with him for some VIP thing where everyone is getting wanded at a security checkpoint. The ushers are walking around telling everyone that cellphones will not be permitted inside the theatre. I didn't think anything of it until I saw a group of kids run by waving lightsabers.

Once we make it to the front of the line, we are asked to show our ID's and our names were checked off of a list...which just happened to have the words LUCASFILM on the top.

There was no Editing seminar. There were no Editors walking around. He had just gained me access to the premier of Clone Wars!!!

WOW. You won't get any spoilers from me, unless you really want to know, but I just had to share. What a cool boss huh?

santosha
08-11-2008, 01:07 PM
That is so cool

Chaddymac
08-11-2008, 02:39 PM
There was no Editing seminar. There were no Editors walking around. He had just gained me access to the premier of Clone Wars!!!

WOW. You won't get any spoilers from me, unless you really want to know, but I just had to share. What a cool boss huh?
Dude, your boss is awesome.

Turbowars
08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Check this out.

My boss had invited me to attend a seminar on Editing systems (since that's what I do) over the weekend with him. Now he's been known to be a bit of a practical joker in the past, but I had no idea what was in store for me.

We met at the Renaissance Hotel in the Hollywood X Highland complex around 3:00. He shows up and says, "We're a bit early for the conference, you want to walk around the mall for a bit?"

I follow him to the Mann Theatre when he says, "I just have to pop in and grab some movie tix for a screening I have later tonight with a client."

I follow him in and stand in line with him for some VIP thing where everyone is getting wanded at a security checkpoint. The ushers are walking around telling everyone that cellphones will not be permitted inside the theatre. I didn't think anything of it until I saw a group of kids run by waving lightsabers.

Once we make it to the front of the line, we are asked to show our ID's and our names were checked off of a list...which just happened to have the words LUCASFILM on the top.

Very nice!

Commtech
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Check this out.

Wow! Cool boss indeed!

Mvader91
08-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I saw Clone Wars Monday night, it was okay. More for the kids, my son ought to really like it.

toonimator
08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Hadn't been to Target in a few days, got there around 9 today. IG-Lancer says they had wave 2 at some point, probably... Comic Pack remnants (1 each Anakin/Assassin, Anakin/Durge, Asajj/Tol) and some Last Crusade IJs. Picked up Henry, who's tough to stand thanks to his different leg lengths. Ilsa had really wonky eyes, or I'd have picked her up too. Next time, maybe.

Commtech
08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Burbank Target had nothing interesting today. Plumber Bob told me that yesterday they had another set of the DC Universe newest wave but that the new collector got them all... again. Oh well, if these are restocked as frequently as the previous 2 waves, then I'll be able to complete my Solomon Grundy figure.
Still no sign of TF animated Blitzwing.

bikerscout
08-13-2008, 03:18 AM
anyone want an Endor AT-AT? or a GG Shocktrooper bust? both mib.
plmk, thx

Ando
08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Has anyone on the west coast found the Modified Anakin Jedi Starfighter yet?

darkagent
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
TRU has got to be the worst when it comes to promotions. I had problems getting my Holo GG last month and today I had problems buying the Comic 2 packs at this weeks promo of "Buy 1 get 1 half off". I took up to the register the new Ventress and Anakin(repack) and they rang up at different prices and no promo discount. The cashier tried scanning the Anakin twice and the promo discount came up. She insisted that the promo must only work if I buy 2 of the same thing. It also didn't help that the shelf tag listing the promo read "Cosmic Packs" instead of "Comic Packs". They also didn't have a copy of their own weekly ad. I finally got a manager to give me the discount, although she started to insist that the promo was only for single packed Clone Wars figures (which are not on sale this week according to the weekly ad). :mad:

Maradona
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Has anyone on the west coast found the Modified Anakin Jedi Starfighter yet?

Los Feliz TRU had several of them today.

Turbowars
08-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to inform you all that if you want to donate your older or newer Collections just find your city's local girls and boys Club. My dad took two truck loads of my stuff to his work and the toys are going to the Longbeach Girls and Boys Club.
I got rid of so much stuff I can't believe it. To be honest the stuff doesn't mean all that much anymore, but it means a lot that some kids are going to crack them open and play with them. I think the next stuff to go will be the boxed 12", Ships, Clone Wars, OC and GC cards. I'm keeping the FF's, POTJ, OTC, SAGA and TAC for now.

Ando
08-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Los Feliz TRU had several of them today.

Good to know. I'm in Portland, but I guess I'll have to check out TRU when they open on Saturday.

darkagent
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Found TF Classics Galvatron at Culver City Target today. Anyone know if Sideswipe or Ironhide are also out?

CrunchyNug
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Found TF Classics Galvatron at Culver City Target today. Anyone know if Sideswipe or Ironhide are also out?

Don't know about Sideswipe or Ironhide, but I also found Galvatron at TRU this morning. I passed, but I did pick up Acid Rain.

Chaddymac
08-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Crunchy - was it a valley-side TRU? I'm taking my boss to Burbank airport and might be able to make a pleasure stop.

CrunchyNug
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Crunchy - was it a valley-side TRU? I'm taking my boss to Burbank airport and might be able to make a pleasure stop.

Yessir! Good old Burbank TRU.

bikerscout
08-15-2008, 06:26 PM

There's action figures at the Rhino????

Chaddymac
08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
There's action figures at the Rhino????
That's what happens when you're trying to type and talk on the phone and do hand signals to your boss all at the same time. Something has to get cracked out. But no, they don't have action figures at the rhino. That's not to say they don't have an impressive selection of toys, though...

Funny Money
08-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Has anyone found or seen any of the Indy Jones 'new' waves? I saw Elsa, Grail Knight, young Indy, and LC Indy (neck tie). I haven't seen Sean Connery fig at all. I'm trying to grab only the original trilogy IJ figs. I out of town this week and wondered where the waves are hitting... help

figrin bran
08-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Funny Money, I've yet to see the Last Crusade wave at retail.

darkagent, TF Universe Sideswipe and Ironhide aren't out yet.

darkagent
08-16-2008, 01:38 AM
I've only seen the Last Crusade wave once at Wal-Mart. Even then, it was just one of each (except for Elsa and the Grail Knight) mixed into 12 pegs full of Raiders and Crystal Skull wave figures. It was truely a treasure hunt.

Tycho
08-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I got Powerglide at Target this morning. He's awesome!

Jango Speck
08-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Wow, I changed my email address last week and got locked out of these forums in the process.

Anyway, I was frustrated to have my TRU.com HoloGrievous order cancelled, but a nice collector sold me one for retail.

Boys and Girls Clubs take toy donations? Looks like I'll be unloading my POTF and Ep1 figures there.

I'm slowly returning all the Hasbro stuff I've purchased this summer- the new house is really forcing me to rethink priorities, space, the hobby, etc.

I'm gonna try to see Clone Wars, but all of the reviews are abysmal, so I have low expectations.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the GG Animated Obi Wan maquette.

bikerscout
08-16-2008, 06:38 PM
That's what happens when you're trying to type and talk on the phone and do hand signals to your boss all at the same time. Something has to get cracked out. But no, they don't have action figures at the rhino. That's not to say they don't have an impressive selection of toys, though...

gotta get some action figures on my b-day next Fri!! :lipsrsealed:

Speck - don't rely on the reviews, see CW for yourself, it was fun. If anything thing support to beat douche Stiller's Tropic Thunder

Kidhuman
08-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Jango Speck, what EP1 figs do you have? I need a few from the last wave. Padme Accesnsion to be exact.

Commtech
08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
I got a bit late to TRU in Los Feliz and I saw dirty sanchez with the black head variant gold destro comic pack. I knew I should've gone there before Burbank TRU which of course had no new stuff.

I got to meet Figrin Bran at that store, though.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
08-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Nice to finally meet you too Commtech! :thumbsup:

I saw CW today and enjoyed it

bikerscout, you wouldn't believe it but the Vista actually had a bit of a line for Tropic Thunder when I passed by.

bikerscout
08-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Nice to finally meet you too Commtech! :thumbsup:

I saw CW today and enjoyed it

bikerscout, you wouldn't believe it but the Vista actually had a bit of a line for Tropic Thunder when I passed by.

There was a line too when i saw Pineapple Express there last week (good flick btw), I hope CW and Batman can beat TT. Not a huge fan of Stiller's. W/o going into heavy detail, i don't trust him. Where is this *^&%&*$ hoth speeder patrol pack??!!?!

sentry
08-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Has anyone found or seen any of the Indy Jones 'new' waves? I saw Elsa, Grail Knight, young Indy, and LC Indy (neck tie). I haven't seen Sean Connery fig at all. I'm trying to grab only the original trilogy IJ figs. I out of town this week and wondered where the waves are hitting... help

I have noticed tham at Target two times in the last week, I imagine once the Sh#t figures sell on the shelves, they are replenishing with the new stuff now.

Cataclizm1
08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
If anyone sees these things can you stash them for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

1. GI JOE Iron Grenadier/ Destro Black mask variant comic pack

2. Ghoul-face Chase Batman movie figure

darkagent
08-16-2008, 11:12 PM
1. GI JOE Iron Grenadier/ Destro Black mask variant comic pack

Variant? I thought they were all black (to match the comic). I've never seen anything different.

Cataclizm1
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Variant? I thought they were all black (to match the comic). I've never seen anything different.
The normal Destro in the pack has a gold mask, but the variant Destro has a black mask. I need it!

Commtech
08-17-2008, 12:03 AM

And you've probably been leaving them on the pegs?:cross-eye That's the one Dirty Sanchez had this morning at Los Feliz TRU. Bastard.

Cataclizm: The Ghoul face Batman has been losing value on ebay. It's gone from $100 to around $30. That means there's more than expected and we'll be able to find it soon (hopefully).

RUSHBOY
08-17-2008, 12:47 AM
In this past week I've seen 19 TDK MM batman's at 3 different WM's and not even 1 Joker or any of the chase variants !! Then I went to TRU at opening and found TFU Acid storm (very cool) ! :thumbsup:

darkagent
08-17-2008, 01:14 AM
And you've probably been leaving them on the pegs?:cross-eye That's the one Dirty Sanchez had this morning at Los Feliz TRU. Bastard.

Man, not only have I been leaving them on the pegs, but I actually bought one for Maradona and returned it when he said he didn't need it. :p

figrin bran
08-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Commtech, you'll just have to come out to LF TRU earlier next time and try to beat Sanchez and Spanky to whatever you're looking for. :p

Jango Speck
08-17-2008, 02:31 AM
gotta get some action figures on my b-day next Fri!! :lipsrsealed:

Speck - don't rely on the reviews, see CW for yourself, it was fun. If anything thing support to beat douche Stiller's Tropic Thunder

Tropic Thunder looks hilarious- I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it will do major business, even though some people are protesting it.

darkagent
08-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Tropic Thunder looks hilarious- I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it will do major business, even though some people are protesting it.

Don't waste your money. It was pretty bad.

Turbowars
08-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Jango Speck, what EP1 figs do you have? I need a few from the last wave. Padme Accesnsion to be exact.I have her if you want it.

Commtech
08-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Man, not only have I been leaving them on the pegs, but I actually bought one for Maradona and returned it when he said he didn't need it. :p

:shocked:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

(Notice a space between the "Os"? That's where I had to catch my breath.)

Maradona
08-17-2008, 11:27 AM

I didn't know you meant the variant... ARGH!:(

bikerscout
08-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Don't waste your money. It was pretty bad.

then i hope TDK and CW beat Trop. Thunder.

What is/was the hardest chase to find this year -War Machine Ironman? demon face Batman MM? The Joker MM? I have never ever seen any of these. In fact, I've only seen 2 or 3 regular MM Batmans.

RUSHBOY
08-17-2008, 08:22 PM
then i hope TDK and CW beat Trop. Thunder.

What is/was the hardest chase to find this year -War Machine Ironman? demon face Batman MM? The Joker MM? I have never ever seen any of these. In fact, I've only seen 2 or 3 regular MM Batmans.

I never found any of those and the destro black head variant is also HTF ! But I did find DCUC green lantern and sinestro (black yellow variant) so that made up for it !! :thumbsup:

Commtech
08-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Bad or good news (depending on how you see it) for you Cars cars collectors: There's going to be chase cars from now on in the new waves. I found the first one today. It's white wall tires and bumper stickers lightning mcqueen. The front of the card says "chase" and there's also some info about "limited run" and "specially marked chase packages" on the back of the card as well.

Cataclizm1
08-17-2008, 11:33 PM
I have an extra SDCC DC Universe Lobo for sale. PM me if interested.

figrin bran
08-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Bad or good news (depending on how you see it) for you Cars cars collectors: There's going to be chase cars from now on in the new waves. I found the first one today. It's white wall tires and bumper stickers lightning mcqueen. The front of the card says "chase" and there's also some info about "limited run" and "specially marked chase packages" on the back of the card as well.

I won't have to worry about finding these because Seņor Sanchez will be hoarding them up!

Commtech
08-18-2008, 12:00 AM
I won't have to worry about finding these because Seņor Sanchez will be hoarding them up!

Ha! No Sh&t!

Well, you can just buy them from him at retail X 10!!!

figrin bran
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Did anyone else receive their Indy mail away Crystal Skeletons?

I got both of mine today!

toonimator
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
TLC Wave 3 hit Burbank Target today (I think they skipped Wave 2 altogether!). Saw a report on RS about Manhattan Beach having Wave 3 yesterday.

I picked up 6 to build the black DS Droid. What I DIDN'T know was that repacks from previous waves would also have the new wave's droid pieces. So I got Even/Yaddle, Saleucami Trooper, Coruscant Landing Trooper, Imp Engineer, ARC Gunner, and another Kashyyyk Clone (skipped Dooku for that one, not too interested in the holo figs right now, but at least his saber hilt's all blue unlike the prototypes). Commtech got Jodo, and the other repacks were Gree, ROTJ Vader, Armor Obi-Wan, and Ak-Rev. Er... I think. Seemed like 2 GH, 2 Wave 1, 2 Wave 2, and 1 each of Wave 3.

Pulled all the droid parts & build RA7 already... he's pretty neat, but it's tough to get him to stand without hunching over. His feet aren't flat, the left foot especially tilts up to the inside, as if he should have a wider stance. Hinged elbows with swivel forearms, ball-hinge knees, ball torso, swivel hips & head. Puts together nicely, just the standing prob.

bikerscout
08-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Seemed like 2 GH, 2 Wave 1, 2 Wave 2, and 1 each of Wave 3.

with that case ratio its gonna be hard to get the desired wv 3.
sux

toonimator
08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah... Protocol Waves seem ideal for 2x each figure, but maybe they worry about the pegwarmers there. Or 'can't produce enough' to meet that ratio, like they used to say about other highly-sought-after figures that were only 1 per case in their debut waves.

Stopped by Glendale Galleria on way to work, picked up Quarren, Mon Calamari, and Saesee Tiin. Three lil Star Wars figures for $26 after tax... startin to make me reevaluate my collecting habits. :hurt:

Jango Speck
08-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Stopped by Glendale Galleria on way to work, picked up Quarren, Mon Calamari, and Saesee Tiin. Three lil Star Wars figures for $26 after tax... startin to make me reevaluate my collecting habits. :hurt:

I've decided to keep the OT figures from the new waves, but no more CW or prequel figs. I'm downshifting big time- and each day I return a few more figures to the stores.

Chaddymac
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I couldn't help myself on those Genddy era Clone Wars figures. Especially Saessee Tiin. That dude is sick with his badass helmet.

Jango Speck
08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I couldn't help myself on those Genddy era Clone Wars figures. Especially Saessee Tiin. That dude is sick with his badass helmet.

If they had continued the CW line in the animated style, I would have been all over that. That's why I love the GG maquettes. But from Day 1, I hated the "real" versions of the CW characters.

bikerscout
08-21-2008, 03:23 AM
the CW animated figs including those in the walmart 3 packs, have crappy articulation. I much prefer the realistic style with better articulation. I do like the GG maquettes though -esp. the grievous.
I was fortunate enough in late July to get wave 2 at Target, when they hadn't changed the dpci and TLC rang up at clearance. about $4.60 somethin a fig. In hindsight, I should've gotten extras -esp. Scubas, but I decided to leave them for other collectors b/c I'm a good guy. Too bad more collectors don't follow this practice too.

Jango Speck
08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
the CW animated figs including those in the walmart 3 packs, have crappy articulation. I much prefer the realistic style with better articulation. I do like the GG maquettes though -esp. the grievous.
I was fortunate enough in late July to get wave 2 at Target, when they hadn't changed the dpci and TLC rang up at clearance. about $4.60 somethin a fig. In hindsight, I should've gotten extras -esp. Scubas, but I decided to leave them for other collectors b/c I'm a good guy. Too bad more collectors don't follow this practice too.

They may have bad articulation, but they look great in the package, or in a simple pose.

Plenty of us collectors in L.A. help eachother out, so don't start blaming us for hoarding. Yes we get what we want, but we also make sure to spread it around. In the first week after Midnight Madness, I saw plenty of Scubas on the pegs in the middle of the afternoon.

bikerscout
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
didn't say everyone hoards. Just saying it's a shame more collector's don't think this way. Indeed, I understand, many get multiples for other collectors. Except for Crunchynug, figrin and ...... ;) just jokin

figrin bran
08-21-2008, 10:55 AM
didn't say everyone hoards. Just saying it's a shame more collector's don't think this way. Indeed, I understand, many get multiples for other collectors. Except for Crunchynug, figrin and ...... ;) just jokin

Why you little (*&(*&!!! I ought to never stash anything for you guys ever again! :p

Turbowars
08-21-2008, 08:39 PM
didn't say everyone hoards. Just saying it's a shame more collector's don't think this way. Indeed, I understand, many get multiples for other collectors. Except for Crunchynug, figrin and ...... ;) just jokin Come to my Target, you can have all the stuff I used to buy. I gave up on this junk.:thumbsup:

Cataclizm1
08-22-2008, 12:04 AM
If anyone needs a Movie Masters Joker PM me. Got an extra one.

Maradona
08-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Glendale Target had remnants of the next wave of Saga Legends today just before closing time.

Jango Speck
08-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Burbank TRU has all the new Dooku/Ventress/Anakin Mighty Muggs.

Burbank Target had the new wave of Cars cars- and Tar McQueen is the most sorry-a$$ed variant I've ever seen. I did break my ban on Cars by buying the mini-van with the mattress on top- too funny to pass up.

BlueSnags
08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Indy Dr Henry Jones is up at HasbroToyShop.com:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=667&ST=SO&ID=21664&PG=1

-Snags

BlueSnags
08-22-2008, 04:23 PM

Hey dude,

Did they have the Rex Mighty Mugg?

-Snags

Jango Speck
08-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey dude,

Did they have the Rex Mighty Mugg?

-Snags

Yes they did...

RUSHBOY
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM

Burbank Target had the new wave of Cars cars- and Tar McQueen is the most sorry-a$$ed variant I've ever seen. I did break my ban on Cars by buying the mini-van with the mattress on top- too funny to pass up.
I've been looking for that anakin mighty mugg, went to rosemead WM and all they had was count dooku !! :)

figrin bran
08-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Indy Dr Henry Jones is up at HasbroToyShop.com:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=667&ST=SO&ID=21664&PG=1

-Snags

And he is still available!

Thanks Snags! :thumbsup:

Cataclizm1
08-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Torrance Walmart had all the new SW Mighty Muggs.

darkagent
08-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Found the new JLU 3 packs today at Target. They were Captain Atom, Supergirl, Green Lantern and Galatea, Superman, Huntress. The repacked figures (Superman and GL) are the very old non-articulated versions of the characters. It looked like the case pack was even at three a piece. Still haven't seen the 6 packs.

figrin bran
08-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Found the new JLU 3 packs today at Target. They were Captain Atom, Supergirl, Green Lantern and Galatea, Superman, Huntress. The repacked figures (Superman and GL) are the very old non-articulated versions of the characters. It looked like the case pack was even at three a piece. Still haven't seen the 6 packs.

Awesome! Hopefully I'll find them soon as well.

Commtech
08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
New JLU 3 packs today at Burbank target. Also, the new Marvel Legends BAF RED HULK wave.

darkagent
08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
New JLU 3 packs today at Burbank target. Also, the new Marvel Legends BAF RED HULK wave.

Was there a price increase for the Marvel Legends?

CrunchyNug
08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Been out of town for awhile, so I figured I'd better hit the streets again. There was a new case of Cars this morning at Target, got Leakless' Pit dude & No Stall's Crew Chief, plus the Van w/ the mattress on top. One of the Hotwheels guys got the "chase" McQueen.

There were the JLU 3-packs as well.

Ran into Figrin Bran over in Los Feliz. A friendly stocker brought out a case of the Joe exclusive Battle Packs so I grabbed the one with the Grunts & Firefly.

No new SW, but not a bad morning.

toonimator
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
The Legends were all gone by the time I arrived around 8:45. D'oh! I had forgotten the lineup for it, but just looked it up. Didn't know about the Tiger Stripe Wolvie, thought it was only the X-Force version... never did get a tiger-stripe one from Toy Biz (most were wonky) so I'm definitely on the lookout for that one to go with my Astonishing & Brown versions. Not sure if I'll try to get the whole wave though, tempting as they are.

Burbank also had some of the latest Saga Legends. Saw a 501st & Jango; for all I know they were leftovers from yesterday. Still pretty full pegs with pretty crummy selections.

Commtech
08-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Forgot to mention there were couple new star wars on the pegs, but only a shock trooper and a 501st which are the same mold from previous releases. Don't know what happened to the yellow clones which are the only ones I'm interested in from that wave.

sentry
08-25-2008, 03:19 PM

LUCKY !! I have been goin to target every morning for 2 weeks and i have not seen RED HULK yet, hopefully he shows up this week.

santosha
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=678
Arc trooper, red clone and 501st up at HTS
Code for 10% off is GUIDE10 from the hasbro clone wars book good till sept 30th

figrin bran
08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
I ought to do these Monday morning hunts more often!

I ran into Crunchynug at LF TRU which is where I've been seeing a great many of you. I've never seen JT there however.

I found a Yellow ARC at Glendale Target, Classics Galvatron at LF TRU and the Captain Atom/Galatea JLU packs at both Smeagol Rock and La Brea Target. Smeagol seemed to only get 1 case while La Brea got 2 cases.

RUSHBOY
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Rosemead Target also got the JLU 3 packs today but I did not see any of the Red hulk wave there ! :)

JediTricks
08-25-2008, 09:07 PM
TLC Scuba Trooper at TRU Culver City, I stashed it, PM for details.

I ran into Crunchynug at LF TRU which is where I've been seeing a great many of you. I've never seen JT there however. Yeah, that store has turned into a total pit of despair, I never go there anymore.

Commtech
08-25-2008, 09:35 PM
LUCKY !! I have been goin to target every morning for 2 weeks and i have not seen RED HULK yet, hopefully he shows up this week.

Well, I saw them this morning, but it wasn't me who got them.:upset:

Competition is gettting hard at that Target. AAAAARRRRRGGGHH!

I think I will migrate to NoHo target and give Hootie a hard time!

Commtech
08-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Today I went to North Hollywood target at opening. Hootie was the only one there besides me and of course, he went to the action figures section before his beloved Hot Wheels because I was there and god forbid I beat him to any "hot" figures that he could profit from. LOL!! Anyway, there was nothing new, unfortunately.
I'm glad I didn't go to Burbank target though. Plumber Bob told me later on the phone that there were SIX, yes, SIX new collectors looking for action figures. I believe everyone's after the new Target Exclusive marvel legends. PB only recognized one collector: the guy who drives a mercedes and always wears a handsfree on his ear (Is that the one you nicknamed Blackberry, Snags? LOL!).

sentry
08-26-2008, 10:09 PM
GD HOOTIE !!!!!! Can not stand that guy....... You unleashed all the lurkers on the boards to look for the new wave ! At least in NOHO Hootie cant grad them all. He gets ****ed at me when i grab some of them befor ehim. He beat me to DCUC wave 2 once , but i got 4 and he got 2, so i consider that a win. I have learned that the way to beat hootie is to just walk down there a different way from him, he gets ****ed but at least you can make out the goods first. I have not been hitting NOHO for a few weeks, I have been sticking to Sherman Oaks, but it has its own competition of sorts.

Commtech
08-27-2008, 12:30 AM
LOL! It's alright, I don't want to be territorial. It is a pain in the butt to compete with so many, but still, it's everyone's right to visit any store. I just wish the lurkers would participate more in this threads by helping each other like we've all done here with the stashes and stuff. Or at least cooperate with info on sightings.
Seems to me like not too many people want to go to North Hollywood because they don't want to deal with Hootie. WTF?!
I'll be going back to Burbank, though. It's much closer for me.

Oh, Plumber Bob also told me there was a runner today. As soon as the doors opened, this guy ran like crazy to the toy section. It's been a while since we've had one of those here in Burbank.

BlueSnags
08-27-2008, 12:36 AM
PB only recognized one collector: the guy who drives a mercedes and always wears a handsfree on his ear (Is that the one you nicknamed Blackberry, Snags? LOL!).

Yeah, bro - that is him!:laugh:

-Snags

toonimator
08-27-2008, 12:59 AM
I saw Blackberry there last week. Was shocked to see so many people waiting (compared to the usual for the last few months, when a heavy day would be me, Commtech, PB, & Bobby). I wondered why in the world he'd be there of all places, since Marvel Legends & Burbank Target don't mix usually.

I ordered some Joe vehicles from HTS and the Wolvie/Forge Legends 2-pack. Not super crazy about their sculpts, especially Wolvie's heads (more Jim Lee-style would've been nice) but really wanted a couple blue-n-golds from the era when I started reading X-Men. And since it's my birthday, I wanted to get the new VAMP which I originally got on my 5th b-day (my introduction to GIJoe was that b-day! VAMP, Rock-n-Roll, Breaker, Snake Eyes, Stalker, and maybe Zap; can't remember if I got a Cobra Trooper that day or not. All before swivel-arm battle grip, with the hard & brittle plastic that had 'em all missing at least one thumb by the time I was 6. I think I got some SW toys too, but the Joes stole the spotlight from SW & my Darth Vader "May the Force be with you" candle); also ordered the RAM & Trubble Bubble, both of which I never had originally, and a HISS Tank since it's such a fun toy & the driver'll be good custom fodder.

figrin bran
08-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I never realized that Hootie was such a terror since by the time he gets to my local stores, he usually leaves empty handed.

toonimator
08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Got to Burbank Target at 8:05, and nobody was there. Must've cleared out fast! They put a few Evos out, so I got the 2nd Rebel Pilot set. Pretty nice, but they all could use a bit of custom tweaks to improve 'em. Then I went to Glendale Target & picked up Grievous' starfighter. They had an Even/Yaddle & a Quarren Soldier if anyone's interested... otherwise same ol' stuff as everywhere else. No Marvels, naturally, at either place.

Cataclizm1
08-27-2008, 11:27 PM
So seems like Culver city TRU and Target aren't getting anything good for the last few weeks I've been visiting. I heard there is someone who works at that TRU that takes all the good stuff first, anyone know if this is true?

figrin bran
08-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I found an MM Joker at Crenshaw WM, of all places!

The one day that I don't go to Glendale Target and they have an Even/Yaddle.

Commtech
08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
So seems like Culver city TRU and Target aren't getting anything good for the last few weeks I've been visiting. I heard there is someone who works at that TRU that takes all the good stuff first, anyone know if this is true?
Yes, there is. That employee has a collectibles store (if you can call it that) inside an swap meet on Beverly Blvd. on the east side of the 101 in a mexican ghetto area (I'm mexican, so I'm not trying to offend, just describe). It would be a waste of time for you to visit that TRU trying to find anything good or "hot". Although, I've heard he's a bit ignorant regarding toys (since he doesn't collect at all) so he might miss picking up a few things and they might make it on the shelves.

darkagent
08-28-2008, 12:29 AM

Isn't Big Lou's Collectables also across the street.

Commtech
08-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Isn't Big Lou's Collectables also across the street.

That too. And those 2 reasons are why I never visit that TRU.:sad:

Cataclizm1
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Do you know his name? I want to report him and the store manager to their corporate office.

Ando
08-28-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm in Portland, OR, but I read this thread so I can see if things I am waiting for have made it to the West Coast and I thought I'd share this story because the current discussion reminded me of it. You've all been talking about various collectors and people running through the doors at opening time and what not and I'm just curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience.

About a week or two before July 26th, I got to see a Target shift manager dress down 2 Hot Wheels collectors (both of whom were older than the manager) because one of them shoved around a 3rd guy. All 3 of these guys all but RAN through the doors when the store opened and speed walked through the store, cutting through various departments to get to the Hot Wheels.

The guy who did the shoving told the new guy, "if you don't like it, find another store" and "I'm gonna go tell security", but the shift manager cut him off and told the 2 "regulars" to get along, and stop acting like children over a dollar childrens toy (actual quote) or he'd ban them from the store.

I lurked around behind the dollar item area just to hear it. I almost burst out laughing. Fortunately I haven't seen anything like this with SW collectors and hoepfully I never will again since I am for the most part done with getting up early on Saturdays to make my toy runs.

Has anyone ever gotten to see something like this, i.e. a manager or employee of a retailer telling a collector or two (two of these guys were way out of line) to grow up?

Commtech
08-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Do you know his name? I want to report him and the store manager to their corporate office.

..........pm'd ya!

CrunchyNug
08-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Double Headphones sighting this morning. Still trying to track down TLC w3 & SL w2, so I hit a bunch of Targets on my way to work. At my 2nd Target, Headphones was walking out with no less than 4 bags FULL of stuff. I tried to use my X-Ray vision and see what he made out with, but I had no luck. Needless to say the pegs were bare by the time I made it to the action figure isle.

Knowing that he takes the bus to get around town, I raced to another Target up the street, hoping to beat him there. The only thing I found was a lone Even Piell/Yaddle so I grabbed that.

I figured I could try one more Target before I had to get to the office, and guess who came waltzing in as I was leaving? Headphones! He was carrying his Target bags, and this time I could see that they were stuffed with Ben 10 figures...lots of them.

I don't know if any of you know this, but I found him on Ebay. Here's what he's got for sale for this week...

Headphones on Ebay (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkla29QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ32QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0)

BlueSnags
08-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Found some TLC Wave 3 this morning at Glendale Target - picked up 2x Death Star Engineer, 1x Saluecami Trooper, 1x Holo Dooku (which I only bought for the droid part) and 2x Coruscant Clone. Still need Evan/Yaddle and Joda Kast.

Also picked up some CARS: Lightning McQueen (Chase version w/bumper stickers), Leroy Traffik, Roman Dunes and Kathy Copter.

Stashed a Saleucami Trooper and a Roman Dunes at aforementioned Target if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

-Snags

Commtech
08-28-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't know if any of you know this, but I found him on Ebay. Here's what he's got for sale for this week...

Headphones on Ebay (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkla29QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ32QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0)

He's making like 1 or 2 bucks per transaction after ebay and paypal fees and other expenses. Is it really worth it? Wouldn't he make more money flipping burgers?:cross-eye

BlueSnags
08-28-2008, 06:29 PM
He's making like 1 or 2 bucks per transaction after ebay and paypal fees and other expenses. Is it really worth it? Wouldn't he make more money flipping burgers?:cross-eye

He sure looks like he makes around $50 a week. He could easily be mistaken for a homeless person.

-Snags

Commtech
08-28-2008, 06:40 PM
he Sure Looks Like He Makes Around $50 A Week. He Could Easily Be Mistaken For A Homeless Person.

-snags

LOL!!! :d

CrunchyNug
08-28-2008, 07:29 PM

Did I mention he takes the Bus everywhere he goes? I've seen him getting on with a his hands full of Target bags.

BlueSnags
08-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Did I mention he takes the Bus everywhere he goes? I've seen him getting on with a his hands full of Target bags.

They shouldn't let him on a bus with regular people. Can you imagine if you had to take the bus and then Headphones sat next to you? That would suck.

-Snags

Commtech
08-28-2008, 08:25 PM
They shouldn't let him on a bus with regular people. Can you imagine if you had to take the bus and then Headphones sat next to you? That would suck.

-Snags

You would die from the stink. They should send him to war east as a weapon of mass destruction.

RUSHBOY
08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I found an MM Joker at Crenshaw WM, of all places!

The one day that I don't go to Glendale Target and they have an Even/Yaddle.

I went to Rosemead WM yesterday and also found a MM Joker !! Then I went back today and they had the BMF's on sale for 125.00 (I guess no ones buying them) :thumbsup:

Maradona
08-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I saw the TRU Unicron for the first time at Alhambra today. They had 4 as of 45 minutes ago.

Commtech
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM
I saw the TRU Unicron for the first time at Alhambra today. They had 4 as of 45 minutes ago.

Why do they keep reissuing that figure?! Haven't they learned that it doesn't sell? I bought mine the first time it came out at 75% off on clearance and there were 5 more on the shelves left. This time and with this economy, it'll suffer the same faith all over again.

figrin bran
08-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Found some TLC Wave 3 this morning at Glendale Target - picked up 2x Death Star Engineer, 1x Saluecami Trooper, 1x Holo Dooku (which I only bought for the droid part) and 2x Coruscant Clone. Still need Evan/Yaddle and Joda Kast.

Also picked up some CARS: Lightning McQueen (Chase version w/bumper stickers), Leroy Traffik, Roman Dunes and Kathy Copter.

Stashed a Saleucami Trooper and a Roman Dunes at aforementioned Target if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

-Snags

Snags, I'm sending you a PM about those.

bikerscout
08-29-2008, 04:31 AM
not true about the Culver TRU being a waste of time, I found multiple McQ Snowtroops there and other good stuff - I think it was gunships and arc-170s in abundance. At the culver Target I remember finding a few of the ROTS white joints Cmdr Bly, and a McStk Hero. Those are the few off the top of my head. This employee douche guy must be new, don't let that stop ya. And I'm not even as good as top pros like Bluesnags and Crunchy!!

wampaslayr
08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Found a complete set of TLC Wave 3 at SC Target this morning. Valencia WM still has BMF for $150.00. Not sure why some WM's are selling them for $125.00. Nothing else in the SC area.

figrin bran
08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
For those of you that collect JLU, I found The Question and the rereleased Fire/Ice packs today!!!! I have one Question stashed (at La Brea Target) so PM me if you want it.

Glendale Target can no longer be called Deadwood as that's where I've been finding most of my Legacy wave 3. I only need Even/Yaddle to complete the droid from this wave though I passed up holo Dooku in favor of a K-Trooper with the same droid piece.

Saw Hootie and Sanchez at LF TRU. Sanchez got a TF Acid Storm (ha, sucker.) but nothing else.

Jango Speck
08-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Found a Coruscant Landing Platform Clone at Glendale Galleria Target tonight. No sign of Saleucami or Yaddle.

Has the Mighty Muggs 3PO hit stores again yet?

BlueSnags
08-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Picked up the Disturbance at Lars Homestead set today at TRU (Stevenson Ranch).

-Snags

CrunchyNug
08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Made the rounds today and didn't turn up much. Target had more Cars. WM had more CW 501st Troopers & IJ figs from Last Crusade. TRU had the new Homestead BP (couldn't do it for $50) and a few SL. The only thing I got today was the Yellow ARC Trooper.

Maradona
08-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I went to Rosemead WM yesterday and also found a MM Joker !! Then I went back today and they had the BMF's on sale for 125.00 (I guess no ones buying them) :thumbsup:

Beware of falling prices indeed...

I saw the BMF there this morning for the same price and finally bought one. I asked if it was a sale, but the cashier was unsure. The receipt said "was $149.96, you saved $24.96" so maybe it was a roll back. They had several left. Now if they'll just roll back the AT-TE...

bikerscout
08-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Weho/La brea target had 5 Baronesses, a ton of wild bills, and a Flint, and many DVD packs for all u joe fans. SW section had nothing beyond TLC wave 2 & cw wave 1. Also had one MM Joker. J-hook was missing though if you care about those things, otherwise bubble was decent. I want that Falcon!!!

Turbowars
08-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Made the rounds today and didn't turn up much. Target had more Cars. WM had more CW 501st Troopers & IJ figs from Last Crusade. TRU had the new Homestead BP (couldn't do it for $50) and a few SL. The only thing I got today was the Yellow ARC Trooper.
$50? What a joke, but I my get it, though I need the $ for taking my girlfriends out!:twisted::D

Turbowars
08-31-2008, 10:41 AM
would anyone be interested in coming by on a weekend and seeing if they need any 12", or ships? I'll let the stuff go for cheap I mean really cheap.:yes:

Funny Money
08-31-2008, 12:19 PM
la Cienega TRU had two Lars homesteads at opening. Too big to stash

toonimator
08-31-2008, 01:45 PM
la Cienega TRU had two Lars homesteads at opening. Too lame to stash

Fixed :D It'd be nice to have the hut, but the quality stinks & pack-ins stink worse. Not worth stashing, even if the set was smaller IMO.

Maradona
08-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Picked up all 4 of the new SW comic packs today at Baldwin Park WM. I got there at about 9AM and, surprisingly, there they were. They had two sets, so I picked one up for Darkagent. There were no more BMFs, though. I wonder if the sale/roll back cleared them out.

Funny Money
09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Fixed :D It'd be nice to have the hut, but the quality stinks & pack-ins stink worse. Not worth stashing, even if the set was smaller IMO.

Well stated and very true!!!

I forgot to post... Yesterday at La Cienega Target I stashed some Joes. I don't know if they are 'new' or not. I looked on the HTS website and these are the ones that are stashed,..

SNOW SERPENT(he's in a snow suit),
G.I. JOE Mjr HAWK,
COBRA B.A.T.(he looked like he had a chest full of Tic-Tacs),
& BARBECUE.

I'm 99.9% positive those were the four I stashed. I SUCK at the Joe line. I never collected those dudes.

PM me for location

Does this help anyone? Are there still 'Joe'-guys looking for stuff?

darkagent
09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Found the new TFA Deluxe Wave 3 today at Target. Picked up Swoop, but passed on Sentinel Prime and Elite Bumblebee. Also found the ML Red Hulk Wave at Target this morning. They were all there except Wolverine. Upon opening, I noticed that the Adam Warlock has a new body mold. The elbow and knee joints are now ball jointed.

Went to Duarte WM and found a couple of the new SW Comic Packs. I was also going to pick up the Durge and Anakin Comic Pack, until I noticed that the Durge had been replaced by Chewbacca. There were 3 packs on the pegs and all 3 had the Durge replaced with Chewbacca. This is not the first time I've seen something like this happen at this WM. It really seems like there's one scumbag who keeps switching out figures and returning them to this WM. :upset:

Commtech
09-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Found the new TFA Deluxe Wave 3 today at Target. Picked up Swoop, but passed on Sentinel Prime and Elite Bumblebee.

Nooooooooooo! And you didn't stash for your SSG pals?:D

figrin bran
09-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Animated Deluxes haven't been that hard to find so we should be able to find them everywhere soon. As long as you don't go to a store with 8 Oil Slicks on the pegs. ;)

Commtech
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I know, it's just the gotta-have-it-now factor. But I've learned to be patient (sometimes).

darkagent
09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Nooooooooooo! And you didn't stash for your SSG pals?:D

Sorry, but it was in the San Gabriel Valley.

bikerscout
09-02-2008, 05:58 AM
i can just picture a crazy robot chicken skit, in which someone calls Durge at his house and Chewie answers. <insert wookiee noise> :p

worse than the switcheroo though, on Sunday at Fallbrook target I saw a ripped open bubble with a kashyyyk trooper and BAD missing. I know Target's prices suck, but come on. Today at another target i saw the GI joe vehicle pack with the VAMP vs. Serpentor & air chariot with just the VAMP (i think that's the right name) no figs, no chariot. I showed an employee and he took it away.
I'm disappointed, in all of my runs this weekend I didn't see a trace of wave 3 or the new comic packs. :mad: But i did manage to grab a BMF tonite at Rosemead wally. Thanks Maradona!! Man that place is a *^&%h to get to if u've never been. I've tried to go there 2 other times & failed. Glad i got there tonite though.

toonimator
09-02-2008, 12:50 PM
That was the Armadillo Tank then; the VAMP is a 4-wheeler and is packed by itself (with driver) just like the HISS Tank. Armadillo w/ Serpentor's Air Chariot and RAM with Trubble Bubble complete the vehicle packs. Hopefully my HTS orders with the VAMP and RAM/TB show up today! Now they need to release a few of the artillery accessories... I needs me some FLAK cannons! Always wanted those to use w/ SW when I was a kid... and now!

Got to Target late today, saw leftover TFA Deluxe. A couple Elite BBs, no sign of Sentinel or Swoop (and not much room for any, either). SW's a disappointing section still with full pegs of Legends & wave 1 TLC & CW. Still the same two old Comic Packs on the ONE peg they've downgraded to since making room for all that Miniature & Pocketmodel stuff that's suddenly in great supply.

Also disappointing are the barren pegs for Dark Knight MMs, DCU, and Marvel Legends. And the pegs still full of Doc Ock for Spec Spidey. And the full pegs of that strange GIJoe assortment that keeps hitting that Target & even Burbank TRU (which hardly ever had basics over the course of the 25th line).

Commtech
09-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Found Swoop, Elite guard bumble bee and Sentinel Prime at Burbank and North Hollywood Targets.

BlueSnags
09-02-2008, 01:13 PM
If anyone finds the new SW comic packs, please stash me a set.

Thanks,
Snags

darkagent
09-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Actually found the JLU Apolkalypse 6 pack at Target today.

bikerscout
09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
If anyone finds the new SW comic packs, please stash me a set.

Thanks,
Snags

hey, we're supposed to be asking you that question!!!! Had the walmart way out in the IE not closed early last nite -was supposed to be a 24hr., I would've got some most likely. The rancho wally had nothing good at all.

Turbowars
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
last call for $1 carded action figures. This is it, all the stuff will be gone. All I'm keeping will be OTC, TAC and a few ships. ALL my carzy errors and variant are in these boxes, I just don't give a crap. :thumbsup:

bikerscout
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
got any scouts??

JediTricks
09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
TRU Los Feliz had a Galactic Heroes Rancor set.

Anybody seen the TRU-exclusive Transformers 6" Titanium Series figs yet? I could use a stashing on that.

would anyone be interested in coming by on a weekend and seeing if they need any 12", or ships? I'll let the stuff go for cheap I mean really cheap.:yes:Wouldn't by any chance have the Saga Landspeeder, would you? That and the 12" Jango are the only pieces I'm really missing right now.

Found the new TFA Deluxe Wave 3 today at Target. Picked up Swoop, but passed on Sentinel Prime and Elite Bumblebee.That's TFA deluxe wave 4 actually, good find.

RUSHBOY
09-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Today at Baldwin park WM they had a TFA Cube full of figures !
It had some TFA voyager Grimlocks , Optimus Prime and Blitzwing !
I already have the grimlock so the only one I bought was Blitzwing .
:thumbsup:

darkagent
09-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Anybody seen the TRU-exclusive Transformers 6" Titanium Series figs yet? I could use a stashing on that.

If it's the Grimlock and Prowl, then yes, I found these a couple weeks ago. Only picked up the Grimlock.

Commtech
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Stashed a Universe Galvatron and Acid Storm at Hootie's Target. PM me for location.

figrin bran
09-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Stashed a Scuba Clone at Los Feliz TRU. PM me if you want it.

Ando
09-03-2008, 06:13 PM
last call for $1 carded action figures. This is it, all the stuff will be gone. All I'm keeping will be OTC, TAC and a few ships. ALL my carzy errors and variant are in these boxes, I just don't give a crap. :thumbsup:

Do you have any complete/intact AotC Republic Gunships and/or RotS ARC-170's? Loose is okay. I just want complete and intact.

Jango Speck
09-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I haven't hit any retail spots this week- sounds like I'm not missing anything. Did the Indy line just totally die? I haven't seen anything new since the original releases.

I still need a Saleucami Clone and Coruscant Platform Clone if anyone has extra or can stash.

By the way, I'm selling my black framed TPM and AOTC theatrical posters (double sided). They've never seen sunlight- $35 each, or both for $60.

Can someone please explain why the Lars Homestead BP is $50? Does it have as much stuff as the Endor/Hoth BPs did? From the photos, it looks really lame.

Turbowars
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Do you have any complete/intact AotC Republic Gunships and/or RotS ARC-170's? Loose is okay. I just want complete and intact.I have a sealed ROTS ship. Shipping will kill the deal I'm sure.

Turbowars
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
TRU Los Feliz had a Galactic Heroes Rancor set.

Wouldn't by any chance have the Saga Landspeeder, would you? That and the 12" Jango are the only pieces I'm really missing right now.

That's TFA deluxe wave 4 actually, good find.Yeah I do, but I don't know where the speeder is. I have I think I know where jango is

toonimator
09-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Indy line may as well have died... jacked-up prices + Hasbro grossly miscalculating Mutt Appeal + ever-dwindling space since the movie died down = Hardly any room to put out new stuff, if the computers even order anything thanks to Mutt gumming up the works (especially jacketless Mutt, who wasn't even in the film).

TLC figures have been trickling out, ever so slowly. Of course they're all gone at Burbank & Glendale stores. I've seen all but Vogel, and had to pass on the only Elsa I encountered because her face looked like a truck had run it over. Blech. It made Big Brows Marion look decent. Haven't seen much since I got Graily & Ilene--er, Henry--a few weeks back...

As for the Lars Homestead... heck yeah $50 is worth it! I mean, the UBPs had vehicles with lots of moving parts, 7+ figures, some new stuff... this set has 3 figures, a rodent, 1 accessory, a dome concealing a table with no chairs, and a cheap Payless Drugstore halloween-mask base. TOTALLY worth it. :whip:

The Sarlacc one looks ALMOST worth it, as the 'environment' has a bit more playability to it and the skiff's gotta interest a lot of people, but the straight-up inclusion of the 2-year-old Carkoon BP is the real insult. "Here's all those returned Carkoon Battlepacks." "What're you waiting for? Rip 'em open and let's pack the figures in this 'NEW' set!" (I know it doesn't happen that way, but it feels like it)

Chaddymac
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Indy line may as well have died... jacked-up prices + Hasbro grossly miscalculating Mutt Appeal + ever-dwindling space since the movie died down = Hardly any room to put out new stuff, if the computers even order anything thanks to Mutt gumming up the works (especially jacketless Mutt, who wasn't even in the film).

TLC figures have been trickling out, ever so slowly. Of course they're all gone at Burbank & Glendale stores. I've seen all but Vogel, and had to pass on the only Elsa I encountered because her face looked like a truck had run it over. Blech. It made Big Brows Marion look decent. Haven't seen much since I got Graily & Ilene--er, Henry--a few weeks back...

As for the Lars Homestead... heck yeah $50 is worth it! I mean, the UBPs had vehicles with lots of moving parts, 7+ figures, some new stuff... this set has 3 figures, a rodent, 1 accessory, a dome concealing a table with no chairs, and a cheap Payless Drugstore halloween-mask base. TOTALLY worth it. :whip:

The Sarlacc one looks ALMOST worth it, as the 'environment' has a bit more playability to it and the skiff's gotta interest a lot of people, but the straight-up inclusion of the 2-year-old Carkoon BP is the real insult. "Here's all those returned Carkoon Battlepacks." "What're you waiting for? Rip 'em open and let's pack the figures in this 'NEW' set!" (I know it doesn't happen that way, but it feels like it)
Actually, Toony - I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly the conversation. Because they DID take a bunch of those figures back. Hell, if that IS how the conversation went, they're brilliant.

Jango Speck
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Does anyone have a Mighty Mugg C-3PO or Lando? Those are the only ones I'm missing.

RUSHBOY
09-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Does anyone have a Mighty Mugg C-3PO or Lando? Those are the only ones I'm missing.

If I find one I will post it here or let you know !! :thumbsup:
I had to trade a MM Joker for a clone wars anakin mighty mugg cuz I could not find one !!

JediTricks
09-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah I do, but I don't know where the speeder is. I have I think I know where jango isAh, interesting, interesting... My finances are a little out of whack this week, and I have weekend plans anyway, but I'll try to make something happen in the next few weeks, we'll work something out.

CrunchyNug
09-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Forgot to mention that I was able to stash a few TLC w3 figs this morning. PM if interested in any of these...

Holo Dooku
Saleucami Trooper
Imperial Engineer

Ando
09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I have a sealed ROTS ship. Shipping will kill the deal I'm sure.

Shipping is what is (as long as it's around $10-$15).

How much do you want for the RotS gunship?

figrin bran
09-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Forgot to mention that I was able to stash a few TLC w3 figs this morning. PM if interested in any of these...

Holo Dooku
Saleucami Trooper
Imperial Engineer

For some reason, everyone, myself included seems to need only Yaddle/Even Piell from that wave.

Jango Speck
09-05-2008, 01:30 AM
For some reason, everyone, myself included seems to need only Yaddle/Even Piell from that wave.

I wish I had known that two weeks ago when I was tripping over those in Burbank and Glendale.

BlueSnags
09-05-2008, 01:45 AM
I still need Jodo Kast.

-Snags

bikerscout
09-05-2008, 04:10 AM
dude, I've been to at least 10 stores and haven't even seen a trace of wave 3. Nada

Jango Speck
09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Wave 3 hit Burbank Target for three days in a row last week- not a trace since then.

sentry
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
No one missed anything this morning at Target as usual......

toonimator
09-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Wave 3 hit Burbank Target for three days in a row last week- not a trace since then.
I'm still waiting for wave TWO to hit Burbank Target :p

Glendale Target had nada today at 8:30. CP pegs still barren but for Luke/Deena (which was actually on a Joe comic pack peg...), no BPs or Evo/Legacy sets. Pretty full pegs of three lines' worth of Wave 1s, as usual for most stores I visit.

Tycho
09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
At Toys R Us, I got the Lars Homestead diorama = $49.99

The Galactic Heroes AT-RT set = $24.99

and the Galactic Heroes Rancor Monster set = $24.99.

I will keep my Lars Homestead unopened, thus I may be able to return it within the next 89 days with my receipt.

It was the only one they had, so I followed "the rules" and bought it as soon as I saw it - with the return clause in place to protect me in case I decide it isn't worth it.

The 1998 and 1999 Owen and Beru were excellent paint jobs though - even though I have 2 of each of these figures already. (Why I may not keep this set).

With AOTC Owen and Beru rumored for 2009, they may one day re-box this set with the figures I actually DO want, too. But for now, I'll hold out, having already purchased it (if I decide I want to keep it).

I'll spend some time also thinking about how good of job I might do recreating this set piece myself - and whether I even need Hasbro's.

K M Toydarian
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I'll spend some time also thinking about how good of job I might do recreating this set piece myself - and whether I even need Hasbro's.
There's my concern over this set. I feel I can recreate it too with some foam or something. I would love an official Hasbro plastic version, but I just can't bite for 50 bucks.

BlueSnags
09-06-2008, 02:54 AM
At Toys R Us, I got the Lars Homestead diorama = $49.99

I will keep my Lars Homestead unopened, thus I may be able to return it within the next 89 days with my receipt.

It was the only one they had, so I followed "the rules" and bought it as soon as I saw it - with the return clause in place to protect me in case I decide it isn't worth it.

Did the same. If this winds up making it to clearance (which is extremely unlikely considering its a TRU exclusive), I'll get it cheaper later on.

-Snags

Tycho
09-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah, TRU exclusives are not likely to make clearance sales.

Rebelscum has pics up of the loose Lars Homestead and a review of sorts.

It inspired me - to very seriously consider returning this and not thinking twice about it.

Later on, I might buy it if the set were to include the Young Lars figures - maybe. I could make this about as good as Hasbro can, but by doing it myself. I'm glad I bought it for the time being, as I can study how to best recreate it - probably from foam cuts I buy at an art supply store, and maybe disposeable plastic cereal bowls, with some paper mache' and stucco paint application.

Funny Money
09-06-2008, 09:14 PM

Totally dude! I was very excited about this line. I have collected Indy stuff since I was a kid. I am so fearful that TOD figs will never find their way to my display shelf. I skipped out on any merch that had to do with KOTCS... especially Mutt. Let him rot on the pegs... however,.. "Who knows? In a thousand years, even you may be worth something." -René Belloq

Tycho
09-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Tonight I saw the Mutt Williams on the motorcycle deluxe figure and it looked very cool.

I don't buy the Jones stuff, but if I did, there are a few things I'd definitely pick up. This was one of them.

You probably could put Indy on the bike with Williams, for that escape scene in (Princeton or Chicago?). Except, I think Indy was wearing a suit.

Jango Speck
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Tonight I saw the Mutt Williams on the motorcycle deluxe figure and it looked very cool.

I don't buy the Jones stuff, but if I did, there are a few things I'd definitely pick up. This was one of them.

You probably could put Indy on the bike with Williams, for that escape scene in (Princeton or Chicago?). Except, I think Indy was wearing a suit.

Nice try,

Mutt Williams = Sucks = Pegwarmer = Stupid Movie

Funny Money
09-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Quick question, I have to put some older collectibles on Ebay. It sucks, but taxes for those who extend are now due! ARRGHH! I must sell my Gentle Giant Blue Lt. Clone Trooper mini bust. It was offered at the '03 Con. -ARRGHH Again.- Does anyone know if the piece had a COA card in it? I have the bust, box, foam insert,.. no COA. I don't remember it coming with one.

Turbowars
09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Quick question, I have to put some older collectibles on Ebay. It sucks, but taxes for those who extend are now due! ARRGHH! I must sell my Gentle Giant Blue Lt. Clone Trooper mini bust. It was offered at the '03 Con. -ARRGHH Again.- Does anyone know if the piece had a COA card in it? I have the bust, box, foam insert,.. no COA. I don't remember it coming with one.
It didn't come with one, you're all good. What are you going to sell it for?

Commtech
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
That's right, it didn't come with one. How much are going to sell it for? Might be interested.

Funny Money
09-08-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm so sorry guys. I had already posted it up on evil-bay. I want to get as much as possible for my tax payment. I saw one go for over $400 last week. That would help me out so much! I put the WWLA Clone Pilot up too. I hate taxes!

*EDIT* I thought asking for a ridiculous amount of money for it on our forums might be considered quite rude. I've gotta get as much as possible... sorry

bikerscout
09-08-2008, 03:59 AM
could we pay in funny money? wah wah lol

Cataclizm1
09-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Has anyone seen the Target exclusive GI JOE airplanes? The Rattler and the Conquest? I need them baaad.

netsolo
09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
There's my concern over this set. I feel I can recreate it too with some foam or something. I would love an official Hasbro plastic version, but I just can't bite for 50 bucks.

I can't believe that thing is fifty bucks... considering the level of detail on the BMF, they're trying to pass this off now?

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/Picture-228.jpg

Pass... total pass. Ew...

K M Toydarian
09-09-2008, 02:59 AM
I can't believe that thing is fifty bucks... considering the level of detail on the BMF, they're trying to pass this off now?

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/Picture-228.jpg

Pass... total pass. Ew...
Especially considering the awesome custom jobs we've seen in various collectors collections made from foam, texture paint, etc. The free stand that came with the Padme Lars homestead figure is better...
http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw0336padmelhloose.jpg
Not much out there right now, but Target has Haloween started with a cool Boba costume with 2 piece helmet. Kiddie stuff, but the helmet is nifty (like those Canadian AOTC Kelloggs helmets.)
Hopefully they will have some Animated character coffee Mugs, of something in the Candy section.

MicroJow
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Found Red Hulk MLs this morning - they've hit the Valley! There was only one incomplete set on the shelves, but between Crunchy and I we got the employees to bring out enough to make two full sets. Sentry, you're covered! See? All it took was you going out of town for them to finally show up! :thumbsup:

- J

CrunchyNug
09-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Saw a few things this morning, but didn't get anything for myself. It was one of those "give back" to the community kind of days.

I was able to grab stuff for Sentry, BlueSnags, & Commtech. It was good seeing MicroJow, but he didn't need any help from me. Enjoy everybody!!!

Jango Speck
09-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Burbank TRU has a few Lars Homestead sets- those things look friggin' aweful- not to mention the price.

Owen's paint job is just damn embarassing- give me a break. Instead of that wamp rat they should have added more stormies.

BlueSnags
09-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Picked up two of the four new comic packs today at Walmart. The Marvel sets (Leia/Tobi and Fenn/Dengar) were just hanging on the pegs. Still looking for the other two (Imperial Guards and Cade/Talon). Also, thanks to Crunchy for the stash today.

-Snags

Tycho
09-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Are Cade / Darth Talon, and the Imperial Knights comic packs exclusive to Wal-Mart, or a general release?

Has anyone gotten the Galactic Heroes Darth Vader TIE Fighter or AOTC Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter? When are (were) those due out?

Where (what store) are people finding the Rebel Pilots Evolution Set #2 with the Twi'lek female pilot "Doc?"

CrunchyNug
09-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Are Cade / Darth Talon, and the Imperial Knights comic packs exclusive to Wal-Mart, or a general release?

Has anyone gotten the Galactic Heroes Darth Vader TIE Fighter or AOTC Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter? When are (were) those due out?

Where (what store) are people finding the Rebel Pilots Evolution Set #2 with the Twi'lek female pilot "Doc?"

Comic Packs are general release.

I just saw Vader's Tie & Obi's Fighter at KB Toys yesterday.

I also just saw the Rebel Evo pack at TRU last week.

bikerscout
09-10-2008, 09:50 AM
backing crunchy up, saw GH Tie Advanced at target the other day. Have not seen the EP2 Obi SF. The Rebel pilots #2 set should be at every store. But in my last runs, about 10 stores visits overall, I haven't seen the Rebel pilots #2 or Imperial pilots sets anywhere. Don't know why they are in short supply. This is really starting to **** me off not finding any wave 3, comic packs, or new BPs in stores. Not even finding 1 thing is highly irritating.

figrin bran
09-10-2008, 11:07 AM

I've been finding the Pilots 2 Evo set at TRU.

GH DV TIE and AOTC JSF have been out for weeks now and I've seen them at Target and TRU.

CrunchyNug
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Saw Clone Wars w2 remnants this morning. I was able to grab a pair of Oddballs.

Ando
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Because I am a huge fan of The Office, I have to do this...

Saw Clone Wars w2 remnants this morning. I was able to grab a pair of Oddballs.

That's what she said.

sentry
09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Found Red Hulk MLs this morning - they've hit the Valley! There was only one incomplete set on the shelves, but between Crunchy and I we got the employees to bring out enough to make two full sets. Sentry, you're covered! See? All it took was you going out of town for them to finally show up! :thumbsup:

- J

Ha I told you that is how it would work....

BIG THANKS to Crunchy for grabbing these for me. Now I need the WM Wave !

Chaddymac
09-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Because I am a huge fan of The Office, I have to do this...

That's what she said.
Damn! You beat me to it!

toonimator
09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Got to Burbank Target around 8:30, some Wave 3 there (not much left, Engineer & Neyo & a couple of the w2 repacks). Lots of the Joe Comic Packs (no black-helm Destros). Some jerkwad returned a CW Anakin & Obi-Wan with ROTS #1 & #2 floppy-arm Anakin & Obi-Wans. And to fill the space in the bubble, BOTH of Obi-Wan's right hands were in the tray, neither on his arm. Anakin had the red saber-hand plugged into his arm, so that tells you how old the figure was. Took 'em up to Guest Services, and only then noticed the Obi-Wan was actually on a CW Yoda card! Just with Kenobi insert & tray.

Finally they've got some DCUC in! But, oh, it's just Wave 1 & 2 leftovers. Orions & Tornados & Penguins (oh my!) pretty much filling 2 of the 3 pegs. And MM Dark Knight, with the usual BB Bats and a bunch of DK Bats & Jokers. Picked up DK & Joker, they look good. Disappointed to see the regular Marvel Legends pegs--'filled' with a whopping TWO figures from last year--are marked at $14.99 like the Fin Fang Foom wave. I thought that was a higher price just because most of the Hulks & Supporting Cast were pretty hefty figures & FFF was such a big BAF... oh well. Shame that HTS probably won't have much of what's still to come, besides 2-packs. Marvel Legends, 8.99 to 14.99 in just a couple years' time. Hurray for inflation and rising costs without rising income! :whip:

MicroJow
09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Blame those of us who actually BOUGHT the Hulk FFF waves for the price increase. Rumor has it that the wave was to test the waters for the higher price point and since that bunch sold out just about everywhere...

Personally, I think Hasbro is actively trying to kill the line so that they won't be their own competition for the smaller-scaled figures they're coming out with.

- J

Maradona
09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Stashed a JLU Darkseid and friends 6-pack. Alhambra Target might be worth the visit for someone who needs it...

Still looking for the Red Hulk wave. I've only found the Spiderman so far.

BlueSnags
09-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Picked up both Force Unleashed 3-packs (Vader/Incinerator Troopers & Palpatine/Shadow Troopers) today at Walmart. Cool figures.

-Snags

Chaddymac
09-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Yesterday I picked up what looked like the last Rebel Pilots #2 Evolutions pack at the Burbank TRU. There may have been more, but I didn't realize there was a Star Wars display until I was already in the checkout lane and by then, I was running late getting back from my lunch break. Which I guess means there could've been more new product, but it was almost 2pm so I told myself any other new product was probably gone by then.

Commtech
09-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Picked up the new Target exclusives Rattler and Conquest, finally!!

Confirmed now, as Toonimator mentioned, Marvel Legends are now $14.99 at Target!:mad: Sucks!!

Also, spotted a bunch of Joes at Hootie's Target, 3 BATS, 3 Major Bludds, 3 Flash, Bazookas, etc...

CrunchyNug
09-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Confirmed now, as Toonimator mentioned, Marvel Legends are now $14.99 at Target!:mad: Sucks!!

WOW! Just 3 days ago they were $9.99...that's a 50% increase!!!

I also grabbed the new Joe vehicles at Target this morning. Couldn't resist, cuz they are so sweet.

Also saw JLU 6-packs...Apocolypse pack and Grodd pack. Almost pulled the trigger, but decided to pass for now.

toonimator
09-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Yesterday I picked up what looked like the last Rebel Pilots #2 Evolutions pack at the Burbank TRU. There may have been more, but I didn't realize there was a Star Wars display until I was already in the checkout lane and by then, I was running late getting back from my lunch break. Which I guess means there could've been more new product, but it was almost 2pm so I told myself any other new product was probably gone by then.
I don't think there were any more there... I stopped by Wednesday night and I only recall Padmes & Fetts being in the little cardboard display in the middle of the floor, on the bottom below pegs of wave 1 stuff. Lots of v1 Rebels, one v2, and one Imperial set over in the main SW aisle. Almost took home a B-wing... still putting it off but nice to see 'em in stores again. Picked up M-O from Wall-E instead!

wampaslayr
09-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Picked up both TFU Figure Packs at Stevenson Ranch Wal-Mart. There were still plenty on the shelf if anyone is interested in these. The Incenerator Troopers are pretty cool figures. Each pack is about $15.00.

darkagent
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I also found and picked up the WM Force Unleashed BPs today. At Target I picked up the Rattler, but passed on the Conquest. Even though I don't collect GI Joes, I've always wanted one since I was a kid. The boxes are huge, so don't except to find more than 2 sets put out on the shelves.

Man, I thought Toon was mistaken with the ML prices. I finally found Wolverine today (the last one I needed to complete Red Hulk) and was shocked to find that it was $14.99. Not only that, but all the old figures (X3 Jean Grey, Hydra Soldier and even Emma Frost) were also at $14.99. :cry: Well, at least I managed to get the other 5 Red Hulk Figures last week when they were $9.99.

Commtech
09-12-2008, 09:27 PM
So... is anyone going to buy the GG Holiday Cody with snowman hologram? I'm still debating.

darkagent
09-12-2008, 09:43 PM
So... is anyone going to buy the GG Holiday Cody with snowman hologram? I'm still debating.

I've put my order in. Didn't want to risk missing out.

Somebody out there must really love the new Comic Pack Durge. Last week, I found at least 4 comic packs at Duarte WM with Durge swapped out with Chewbacca. Today, at Pico Rivera WM, I found 6-8 of the same comic packs with Durge swapped out with a Blue Battle Droid. Anyone know where the Battle Droid is from?

bikerscout
09-13-2008, 07:42 AM
3 words for that swapper - what an &%#hole

i doubt it, but maybe the blue droid is from Saga BP - QG & Obi vs. Maul ?

darkagent
09-13-2008, 11:10 AM
TRU has the Indy Lost Temple of Akator Playset. Overall, of doesn't look too bad. It comes with 2 figures for $40.

Maradona
09-13-2008, 03:13 PM
TRU has the Indy Lost Temple of Akator Playset. Overall, of doesn't look too bad. It comes with 2 figures for $40.

I've seen two versions of this. One has two figures, the other has four.

toonimator
09-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I've put my order in. Didn't want to risk missing out.

Somebody out there must really love the new Comic Pack Durge. Last week, I found at least 4 comic packs at Duarte WM with Durge swapped out with Chewbacca. Today, at Pico Rivera WM, I found 6-8 of the same comic packs with Durge swapped out with a Blue Battle Droid. Anyone know where the Battle Droid is from?
Yeah, those are from the STAP Attack BP at TRU. So... they wanted a bunch of STAPs and silver SBDs (or whatever the SBD is painted) and a bunch of Durges, but not the floppy STAP pilots.

Tho I wonder, if you visit a nearby TRU if you'll find all the STAP Attack sets returned with the Saga Legends battle droid molds or something cheap like that, and/or the SA SBD replaced with old crummy Saga/ROTS SBDs.

Nice to see swapping is alive and well in the TAC line. :tired:

Chaddymac
09-13-2008, 09:54 PM
I found the latest wave of Legacy figs at the Wal-Mart on Crenshaw. Everything but Judo Cast, I should say. What older figure in the wave comes with the droid head? Wasn't Judo in the EE pack? I don't think I need 2 so I don't care much that he wasn't there, but I left before I realized I'd have a headless droid.

I also found there the latest tf animated voyagers including Blitzwing and Grimlock. Many of them. I had to do an after market fix on Grimmy and The Blitzy I found was loose and scratched up. I'll be exchanging Blitzy, but love Grimmy and look forward to a higher quality Blitz. Oh, and picked up the Legacy of Bumblebee pack. I spent too much.

Finally, found the tf classics Silverbolt at Target on La Cienega (and again at the TRU on La Cienega). He's not the most ingenously engineered tf, but he's got good articulation, looks good in both modes, and is so geewunny I'm tickled. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but it works for me.

I also found those Gi Joe DVD packs. I passed, but was intrigued. They're kinds cool. What are the last three packs (I only saw 1 & 2)?

darkagent
09-13-2008, 10:01 PM
What older figure in the wave comes with the droid head?

I believe it's the Clone Wars Quad Cannon Clone Trooper.

Toon, you're right, the Battle Droid is from the TRU exclusive STAP Attack. That is some expensive figure swapping, since that BP has never gone on clearance.

CrunchyNug
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Got lucky & found one of these last night.

BlueSnags
09-14-2008, 09:00 PM

I ordered one. I think it's pretty cool.

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM

I thought those were "Game Stop" exclusives to be given out on Monday night?

Jango Speck
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Ordered my $87 Han Solo GG Statue last night- very nice! It seems like all of these statues eventually get clearanced online by 50%- too bad the maquettes don't always go that way...

Tycho
09-15-2008, 02:14 AM

Now that's one of the Stormtroopers that joined the Village People, right?

I got the Antares Draco and Ganner Krieg "Legacy" comic 2-pack tonight at Target. I must have missed Cade Skywalker and Darth Talon this morning, but I had company and couldn't go out to shop.

"Krieg" means "war" in German, btw. "Draco" is such an obvious play off Dracula - though for no apparent reason with this character. Imperial Knights are Force-using, lightsaber wielding Royal Guards, basically. They defend the Fel's - descendants of Baron Soontir Fel's son and Jaina Solo (Leia's Force-adept daughter). They rule the remains of the Empire in the future. But they're kind of good-guy dictators.

bikerscout
09-15-2008, 05:16 AM
I thought those were "Game Stop" exclusives to be given out on Monday night?

he didn't elaborate - you're right, but he got it at Gamestop. if anyone gets an extra -plmk. Thx!!!

toonimator
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
"Krieg" means "war" in German, btw. "Draco" is such an obvious play off Dracula - though for no apparent reason with this character. Imperial Knights are Force-using, lightsaber wielding Royal Guards, basically. They defend the Fel's - descendants of Baron Soontir Fel's son and Jaina Solo (Leia's Force-adept daughter). They rule the remains of the Empire in the future. But they're kind of good-guy dictators.
Not quite. Draco's not necessarily "Dracula"... there's Drake, Draconian, all sorts of things it could be a take on. And far as I know, there's still zero proof that Jaina Solo is the mother of the Fel Dynasty.

Yes, most LEGACY fans assumed as such given that the Force is with Emperor Fel & his daughter Marasiah, but in the comic--at least--it's never been clarified (because Dark Horse & Del Rey, rather than working together to bridge the century gap between LOTF and LEGACY, pretty much just avoid specifics; a fine example is why Lowbacca, a Wookiee Jedi, hasn't yet been seen among the Jedi who survived the rise of Darth Krayt--they avoid him because they don't know what Del Rey's planned for him. Gotta love that lack of communication & cooperation!). We don't even know who the first Fel Emperor is; Soontir had other sons besides Jag.

As for the Knights, the regular Jedi consider them "Gray Jedi". They ARE Jedi on the light side, but they serve the Emperor first, the will of the Force second. All have identical-hilt silver-bladed sabers. When Marasiah first appeared in the comic, her training was incomplete, so she had a blue-bladed saber but with the same hilt I think. If they ever make one of the female IKs (Sigel Dare, or Marasiah's now-deceased master) they can easily make IK Sia from after she completes her training, but I'd like the one from "Broken" where she's got borrowed clothes on. She sees some action in that outfit, and it's distinct enough from the IK uniform and from her Leia-esque white gown from the covers & her debut.

I'm looking forward to finding these sets... someday. If Target ever actually gets some CPs in. It's down to one peg with one pack of Bultar/Koffi, and two pegs of those SW Miniatures starter-sets overflowing below it. LEGACY's my favorite SW comic, so the more the merrier. Bring on Krayt, Nihl, Wolf, Shado, Sigel, Emperor Fel, Deliah, Syn, Bantha, Morrigan, Veed, Wyyrlok, and more!

CrunchyNug
09-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Found a few cases of CW w2 this morning. Sentry & I had our pick of the litter, as we were the only ones there at opening. Got Cody, Ahsoka, & Oddball. Sad to see that Dooku, Plo Koon, IG-86, & 3PO were not in there. Oh well, I guess they're part of w3.

toonimator
09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, CW's got weird wave numbers. Wave 1 was 8 figures, wave 2 & 3 are four each. I guess unofficially counting w1 as "two" waves is the way they justified such a comparatively long delay between Wave 1 & 2, while three waves of TLC have already hit, two of 'em on 7/26. Congrats on the find tho!

Jango Speck
09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Burbank TRU has the Hoth Speeder Bikes for sale at $18.64 each- I almost took them, but realized that I have no where to display them so what's the point.

I did stash a Rebel Pilots 2 Evo set- PM for the 411.

Ando
09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
According to their weekly ad, it looks like the vehicles are on sale for that price, too.

Jango Speck
09-15-2008, 04:40 PM
According to their weekly ad, it looks like the vehicles are on sale for that price, too.

True. It's funny how when TRU stuff goes on sale, it drops to the same price as Target, WM, etc. Then there's KB- whose prices are always bat$#!* crazy.

Ando
09-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Yeah, but last week they had a grandparents special. 20% off any one item for people 50+. I had my mom pick me up a AT-TE for $79.99!

bikerscout
09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
sorry, woulda posted earlier but had to take a nap - Glendale target early afternoon: my first taste of wave 3, they had a holo dooku and a CLP clone. Also had 3 of the new comic packs, minus talon/cade. Just got the krieg/draco and the CLP clone. Also had a hoth speeder bp. Some other dude grabbed it after I pointed it out. Had a lot of older Joe comic packs too.

edit: also had a padme evo. and rebel pilots #2 at the target

TRU La cienega afternoon - a legends 501st (first display), and a few quad gunner clones and 2 holo grievouses (second display). GG was $10. :( Joe fans: they had the excl. crimson guard BP and SE vs. red ninjas BP. One of each.

Tycho
09-15-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm going to try to go to Target tomorrow morning. I haven't been feeling well in the early morning, so I rested instead of went hunting.

I got my Imperial Knights pack in the afternoon. Someone probably only wanted Cade when they found that wave earlier.

TOOMINATOR - glad to know another Legacy fan. Yeah, I want all the figures you laid out. I think Darth Krayyt is coming for sure. Carded perhaps? I hope he has a removeable helmet - but that's very likely nowadays - which is way cool.

I also hope they'll single-card Cade. I might do scenes and I could use more of him that I have need for Darth Talon.

Are you going to buy Joker Squad when it becomes available? I want them for the Quarren Sith Lord if anything for sure. Chick-Stormtroopers are alright, too - though I'm not sure how practical that is (and would they really have booby-armor?).

But they are also making K'Kruhk, and I hope he's passable for his older version as well as the young Whipid Jedi warrior. I hope they give him the rice-paddy hat! Some gray hair would be fine by me, too. Or they could do a repaint. I'd buy both.

Anyway, I hope I come up with the Rebel Pilots 2 myself. I want that Twi'lek girl pilot and the B-wing Fighter Guy, who qualifies as a vintage-era re-do at long last.

figrin bran
09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
sorry, woulda posted earlier but had to take a nap - Glendale target early afternoon: my first taste of wave 3, they had a holo dooku and a CLP clone. Also had 3 of the new comic packs, minus talon/cade. Just got the krieg/draco and the CLP clone. Also had a hoth speeder bp. Some other dude grabbed it after I pointed it out. Had a lot of older Joe comic packs too.

Didn't I tell you on RS to check Glendale Target? :p

bikerscout
09-16-2008, 03:13 AM
.......I.....got..lucky b/c I went there on my lunch break. No tips from any ithorians.. ;):pleased::D

figrin bran
09-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh well, maybe it doesn't count when it's coming from bottom tier mediocre collectors like me :p but I did tell you to try that store on the RS Legacy acquisitions thread.

Commtech
09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Bought another Rattler today for a friend at Target. Also found the galactic heroes vader's tie fighter and Jedi starfighter. Decided to only keep vader's tie (pretty cool toy). This will be my first Galactic heroes purchase ever. I hope I don't become addicted to this line. I also got mighty muggs of assajj, captain rex and dooku for another collector. Before I left the toy section, I spotted 3 legends shocktroopers from last year at one of the clearance endcaps. They wouldn't scan so a manager had the cashier ring them for $1.66!! I had to take them.:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
09-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I spotted 3 legends shocktroopers from last year at one of the clearance endcaps. They wouldn't scan so a manager had the cashier ring them for $1.66!! I had to take them.:thumbsup:

Nice score, bro. :thumbsup:

-Snags