PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

toonimator
09-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Found the Imperial Knights today at Glendale Target! Paint's a little iffy in spots, but pretty simple overall to touch up. Ganner's neck & hair are the biggest problems.

I'm already dreading the inevitable breakage of one of the blade pegs. If only Hasbro had made 'em one piece! I like 'em a lot... nice to finally have some LEGACY figures!

Cade/Talon weren't there... just these guys, 1 Leia/Mandie and 2 Purple Dengar packs (and the Luke/Deena that's been there for weeks). The Mandalorian with Leia (blanking on Tobbi or Fenn) looks somewhat decent besides the color & the tiny (and garishly colored) helmet. He's got a nice pistol, and makes a good basic Mandie if he gets a new coat of paint.

CrunchyNug
09-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Well, I ended up venturing out last night to visit GameStop for their MM event. Turns out, I was able to pick up a 2nd FU Stormie! The guy who gave me one the other day had the night off, so when they were handing them out last night, I just walked up and grabbed one. This was around 10:00. I put the game in when I got home, but only had enough energy to get half way through the training rounds. I will say that the Wii is the way to go for this one. The lightsaber moves are pretty cool.

wampaslayr
09-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Yesterday, I visited my local Game Stop to see if I could get the figure without getting the game. They told me "No" and that there were 77 preorders for the game and they did not have that many figures to go around so it will be first come first served. I went back today and the figures were all gone. I went to the Stevenson Ranch Game Stop this morning and they still had about 6 figures left. I bought my game and got my figure. I got the PS2 version since I did not want to "hog" my son's Wii. From what I read, each version of the game has something different than the other versions. Haven't started playing the game yet, but am looking forward to it. By the way, the figure is really cool.

Mvader91
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Yesterday, I visited my local Game Stop to see if I could get the figure without getting the game. They told me "No" and that there were 77 preorders for the game and they did not have that many figures to go around so it will be first come first served. I went back today and the figures were all gone. I went to the Stevenson Ranch Game Stop this morning and they still had about 6 figures left. I bought my game and got my figure. I got the PS2 version since I did not want to "hog" my son's Wii. From what I read, each version of the game has something different than the other versions. Haven't started playing the game yet, but am looking forward to it. By the way, the figure is really cool.
I have the Wii and 360 version. 360 different endings and Wii has lightsaber duel mode. They are both really nice versions. Great gameplay.

darkagent
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I got my PS3 version and figure last night at the Game Stop MM event. They had us prepay for the game so that at midnight all you had to do was pick up the game and figure. They actually held a raffle for the figures since they said they only had 30 figures (but they had 4 boxes?). Pre-orders did not guarantee you a figure. It turns out I could have got a second one if I had also bought a strategy guide (which no one told be about at the register) or if I'd brought along a companion :(. A lot of people ended up with 2 figures that way and they started handing out the extras to people who waited in line with people who bought the game, but didn't buy one themselves.

BlueSnags
09-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Picked up the FU game during lunch and was able to score another Gamestop Excl. Stormtrooper Commander - very cool figure. I'm diggin' all the FU special troopers.

Also grabbed the Cade/Talon and Imperial Knights comics packs (thanks to Crunchy for the hookup).

-Snags

Commtech
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok, I didn't know about the Gamestop stormie, so....

Long shot here: Anyone have an extra FU Gamestop trooper you can hook me up with? I can pay extra cash, just send me your offer (I won't be offended). That or I can trade for it, just let me know what you need and maybe I have it.

MicroJow
09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Got the game, but didn't get the trooper. :(

Yesterday, I went to a few Game Stops to get details and was told...

GameStop at The Plant: we give them away to people who buy the game at midnight. If you pre-order, you've bought the game BEFORE midnight so you don't get the figure.

GameStop at Panorama City: we only got a few so we gave them to the employees. We don't have any left.

GameStop on Balboa: we didn't get any figures. What's this for?

Then I called a few others:

GameStop at Northridge Mall: we sold out. (This was yesterday afternoon, BTW.)

GameStop in North Hills: we never got any figures but you can pre-order the game now. If you don't pre-order, you won't get the game. You can also pre-order Animal Crossing, Lego Batman, etc...

GameStop in Stevenson's Ranch: never answered their phone.

So I figured I would get it at Toys-R-Us and get the $20 gift card... but then I found out they only gave the card to people who bought the game for the X-Box or Playstation, not for the Wii.

@!#$%

- J

Jango Speck
09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I downloaded the FU game for my iPhone today and have been playing a bit on my breaks. Now I've got to have the Wii version. I'm hoping the FU stormtrooper will be released as a regular figure so I can get one later on.

BlueSnags
09-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm thinking it'll show up on SWS.com sometime over the next few weeks

-Snags

figrin bran
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM

-Snags

I'm counting on either that or else it being in Saga Legends down the road. I think I'll wait for awhile before picking up the TFU game (for xbox360). I'd rather play Rock Band 2 right now.

Tycho
09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
I finally got Galactic Heroes Slave Leia and Bar2D2 today at Toys R Us.

My Leia has a competent paint job, but it seems rather light in tone. If I found another set with sharper contrasts (darker colors) I'd buy it and return this one.

Earlier today I got Darth Vader's TIE and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter from Galactic Heroes and Target - along with the Dooku Hologram figure - the only one I wanted from Legacy Wave 3.

Jango Speck
09-17-2008, 12:03 AM

-Snags

Goody, overpriced figures and overpriced shipping.

figrin bran
09-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Goody, overpriced figures and overpriced shipping.

Well, at least SWShop won't cancel your orders like HTS has been doing lately.

BlueSnags
09-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Well, at least SWShop won't cancel your orders like HTS has been doing lately.

Agreed - I'd take SWS over HTS or Ebay anyday.

-Snags

bikerscout
09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
figrin - u did tip me on RS, thanks. I just happened to be by there/have lunch in that area, so I decided to check it out. I was being really sarcastic -:p Don't worry I think the top pro collectors have sith powers that they are keeping under wraps. :twisted:

hts has had a perfect record with me till now, I'd still take them over sws highway robbery

Chaddymac
09-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Speaking of HTS, anyone having issues with the AAA discount recently? I'm not doing anything differently and yet I can't get it to register my discount as a AAA member.

Jango Speck
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Speaking of HTS, anyone having issues with the AAA discount recently? I'm not doing anything differently and yet I can't get it to register my discount as a AAA member.

I had problems with AAA discount earlier this year and just gave up. To my knowledge, it was never fixed.

Ando
09-17-2008, 01:52 PM
How much is the AAA discount?

Has anyone tried guide10? It's 10% off and good through the end of the month.

Jango Speck
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
AAA discount was 15%

Ando
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow, that's a great discount!

Chaddymac
09-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Wow, that's a great discount!
Until it stopped working. Would anyone be willing to test out if their's worked? There's always the chance that I'm just doing it wrong suddenly. Or maybe my account is in poor standing and I didn't realize it?

CrunchyNug
09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Big thanks to Sentry for the JLU stash this morning. Now I can check The Question 3-pack off my list. There was a Grodd 6-pack left as well FYI.

toonimator
09-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Didn't get to Burbank Target until after 9am, but they had the Comic Packs. Or rather, most of them. I have a sinking feeling we'll be seeing a lot of the Leia/Tobbi Fenn/Dengar sets in the coming months, but that's just because that's all they had besides an IK set and the old leftover Koffi/Bultar. No sign of Cade/Talon, but two each of the Marvels. Ugh.

Didn't see anything else new, but Wave 3 seems plentiful there. They skipped Wave 2 I guess, besides the IG-Lancer I saw there once, weeks ago.

Got a few figures from HTS: Snow Bunny Padme's very nice, even if the likeness isn't. Besides the wide stance & skinny grip on her pistol, she's really great. SCUBA Trooper is fantastic! I wish all Clone Troopers (and Stormies, for that matter) had neck pegs & head sockets like that... great range of motion without looking weird. If they scale that rifle down 10-20% and resculpt some details, that'd be a perfect DC-15 rifle for every clone, not the short & fat 2002 one or the short & skinny Evo one.

JediTricks
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM
My AAA discount stopped working, totally sucks that it's wonky. I tried to write to them, but couldn't find a good link for it.

Picked up TFU for PS3 at TRU. :p Got my $20 gift card and spent it on a V-19 Torrent which I had been meaning to buy for less than the regular TRU $25. Luckily, they had it on sale for $18 and change.

Loving the Felucia level, wish Hasbro had been able to keep TFU product on shelves till now, I want to buy the Rancor with Shaman and maybe even Juno.

toonimator
09-18-2008, 06:47 PM
If you want Juno, Burbank TRU probably still has a few :p

At least, they as of Sunday.

Jango Speck
09-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Wandered out to Pasadena tonight, so I hit both Targets. The 2-story Target was really weird- all pegs full of legacy, not a single Legends or CW figure to be seen. How could this happen? It was all the same wave/case: Ewoks, Yarna, Han, Luke etc. I started asking a stocker about where the other figures were. He gave me the usual song and dance about collectibles, etc., but I played dumb and kept asking vague questions. Finally, out of pity, he brought a sealed case out from the backroom. I knew the odds were against me, but low and behold it was the Jodo Kast, Yaddle, Saleucami, Holo Dooku case. I grabbed my clones and left, but not before stashing Jodo Kast and Yaddle/Evan Piell.

PM for the 411. By the way, single story Target had nothing good, except the newest wave of Mighty Muggs. Both stores had BMF by the way.

Los Feliz TRU was a waste, unless you want vehicles and battle packs.

figrin bran
09-19-2008, 01:18 AM
My AAA discount stopped working, totally sucks that it's wonky. I tried to write to them, but couldn't find a good link for it.

Picked up TFU for PS3 at TRU. :p Got my $20 gift card and spent it on a V-19 Torrent which I had been meaning to buy for less than the regular TRU $25. Luckily, they had it on sale for $18 and change.

Loving the Felucia level, wish Hasbro had been able to keep TFU product on shelves till now, I want to buy the Rancor with Shaman and maybe even Juno.

JT, I see you finally upgraded from your PS2???? :p About time! :thumbsup:

Though if you had bought an Xbox360, I could be playing online against you. Not necessarily TFU because you can't but other games.

BlueSnags
09-19-2008, 02:15 AM
Picked up a few more Force Unleashed 3-packs at Walmart today.

-Snags

Commtech
09-19-2008, 11:26 AM
If anyone is interested, here's the batman dark knight nightmare variant on TRU: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3232426

BlueSnags
09-19-2008, 12:36 PM
If anyone is interested, here's the batman dark knight nightmare variant on TRU: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3232426

Gone already. Chubby13 might be lurking here.

-Snags

toonimator
09-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Picked up a Cade/Talon pack at Burbank Target (with saber!), and Mighty Muggs Galactus. Holy crap that thing's adorably apocalyptic! "I'm gonna eat your planet! After I have a cookie!"

Cade & Talon both look a little goofy (Talon's looking to the left, Cade's got big ol' Thunderbirds eyes) but are fun figures. They made him pretty short, too, compared to the IKs. Hopefully, if they ever get to a Kol, they do right & make HIM tall, at least.

Cataclizm1
09-19-2008, 01:14 PM
If anyone ordered an extra nightmare Batman from TRU let me know. I was in a meeting at work and it sold out before I got out. :*(

Commtech
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
HA! I knew this was too good to be true. TRU just sent me this:

"....Thank you again for your recent purchase at Toysrus.com (http://toysrus.com/) & Babiesrus.com (http://babiesrus.com/).

We have received your order 954049XXX-000, and wanted to let you know that there has been an
unexpected delay in the shipment of the following items:

Item: 5113983
Description: Batman The Dark Knight - Nightmare Batman Action Figure
Quantity: 1 @ $11.49
Shipping Method: Standard Ground

We want to assure you that your order will be fulfilled once the the item(s) becomes available. Once we are able to ship the item(s)
you will receive a shipping confirmation email with updated tracking information......"

FU$K!!!!!!:mad: IT SAID "IN STOCK"!!!!

figrin bran
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
HA! I knew this was too good to be true. TRU just sent me this:

"....Thank you again for your recent purchase at Toysrus.com (http://toysrus.com/) & Babiesrus.com (http://babiesrus.com/).

We have received your order 954049XXX-000, and wanted to let you know that there has been an
unexpected delay in the shipment of the following items:

Item: 5113983
Description: Batman The Dark Knight - Nightmare Batman Action Figure
Quantity: 1 @ $11.49
Shipping Method: Standard Ground

We want to assure you that your order will be fulfilled once the the item(s) becomes available. Once we are able to ship the item(s)
you will receive a shipping confirmation email with updated tracking information......"

FU$K!!!!!!:mad: IT SAID "IN STOCK"!!!!

You know how it is! :p

This isn't toy related but I know you all like free stuff. In 2009, Disneyland will hold a promotion where you'll be able to get in for free on your birthday. You do have to go over to their official site before hand to register.

If you happen to be an Annual Pass holder (I am and I think I remember JT mentioning it before as well), obviously you don't need free admission but if you register, you can have your choice of 1) a bunch of extra fastpasses or 2) a gift card equivalent to the price of 1 day's admission valid only on your birthdate. In other words, free toys and other stuff!

bikerscout
09-20-2008, 05:33 AM
might have to check that out. Never been to disneyland, just CA adventure. & i haven't ridden star tours. That is the draw for me.

hah! finally figured out cataclizm's avatar - seen it hundreds of times & never looked close. Cool.

when is wally & tru gonna start to get tlc wave 3 & comic packs dangit?!?!?!?!?

Jango Speck
09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
might have to check that out. Never been to disneyland, just CA adventure. & i haven't ridden star tours. That is the draw for me.

hah! finally figured out cataclizm's avatar - seen it hundreds of times & never looked close. Cool.

when is wally & tru gonna start to get tlc wave 3 & comic packs dangit?!?!?!?!?

WTF? If you've never been to Disneyland, and you had a chance to go, why did you pick California Adventure? That "park" really sucks, unless you get a 2 for 1 pass to see both. I guess it will improve a bit next year when they start the whole re-design. There's got to be a better draw for Disneyland than Star Tours though- Pirates, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, etc.

BlueSnags
09-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Stashed a Darth Talon/Cade w/lightsaber Comic Pack at Burbank Target. If anyone needs it, shoot me a PM.

-Snags

bikerscout
09-20-2008, 07:03 PM
WTF? If you've never been to Disneyland, and you had a chance to go, why did you pick California Adventure? That "park" really sucks, unless you get a 2 for 1 pass to see both. I guess it will improve a bit next year when they start the whole re-design. There's got to be a better draw for Disneyland than Star Tours though- Pirates, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, etc.

easy man, Didn't 'pick' it. My friend got free passes through his school. He's a teacher.

Jango Speck
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I was just messing with you man- no problem.

My interested in Hasbro continues to fade, especially when retail finds slow down.

figrin bran
09-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I got a Clone Wars Super Battle Droid and a Chase Lightning McQueen from Rosemead Target today.

stillakid
09-21-2008, 11:20 PM
...a Harbor Seal yesterday. :) Been taking SCUBA classes this month and I just got certified this weekend!

Now maybe I'll have time to check the stores again for more droid parts. What else is out there right now?

CrunchyNug
09-22-2008, 12:11 AM
What else is out there right now?

Here's a pretty good source for up-to-date info...New Stuff (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=34521) ;)

toonimator
09-22-2008, 02:44 AM
I picked up the modified Luke/Deena CP at Wal-Mart, along with a discounted TAC Onith (mostly for an extra cantina piece for my 'round table'... the figure's just for spare parts). Really like the updated Deena, wish they hadn't taken so long to get the new head out to us. It IS a bit big, though; I tried swapping it with Infinities Jedi Leia (whose head is really super-tiny) and the two look ridiculous. Long-hair Jedi Leia's head is ALMOST decent for maybe an Admiral Daala, but the face in particular is so dang small... same with VTAC Endor Leia (which I tried on an Imperial Knight body of all things... TINY!) and Deena's head made the Leia body look like it had a form of dwarfism. Sadly, that WM had zip for exclusive-type stuff. TONS of 'old' comic packs, with 3 of the updated Deenas, and I think one or two Anakin/Durges & Anakin/Assassins. Nothin else, no Droid Factory 2-packs, no DCUC at all, no FFF Marvel Legends... just a ton of Bumblebee 3-packs (been planning to paint my Classics version just about the same as theirs, too!)

They DID have a bunch of the latest Spec Spidey, but the GGs had paint issues. They also had the Legends-ish Classic Spidey series (whatever it is) with the 'new' SA spidey in red & black and the black-suit one with a launcher in his arm & blue highlights, which someone just reported finding swapped in the Red Hulk wave black-suit Spidey package. Sounds like a 'money-saving' swap :rolleyes:

Also went to a Target that still had $9.99 Marvel Legends tags. They had a whopping 3 figures total: Skaar up on the $14.99 Hulk pegs, Banshee, and Hercules. They also had a Clean Rex as evidence of some CW w2 activity. Every store I hit, any armored Obi-Wan I saw from TLC was Wave 3, which is kinda disappointing. Wave 2 hasn't had much play anywhere, it seems.

Chaddymac
09-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Here's a pretty good source for up-to-date info...New Stuff (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=34521) ;)

Haha. Snarky much?

Tycho
09-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Stillakid, that's awesome. I learned to SCUBA dive back during a program we had in high school, before I left California. I never completed my certification to dive on my own though. Actually, it really bothered me to breath only through my mouth, and on top of that, there's not any good places to dive in California - at least not that I've been to. (In the ocean anyway). The surf here is so strong, that it stirs up stuff in our water and makes visibility pretty bad.

For his 1-year anniversary, my little brother and his wife are going to Hawaii in just about a week. I know from experience how nice and clear the water is there - and the sun shines and lights up everything really nice. Underwater photographers have a field day there (and the Caribbean as well).

So I hope you enjoy your diver's certification and you'll now take it out-of-state where you can have a really great time with it.

Since this is the Just-Found thread, please report to us immediately if you discover anything from Legacy Wave 4 under the water - or especially a Gungan Bongo Sub for the 3 3/4" figures which I've been wanting for years. You never know WHERE Hasbro might be hiding it!

Jango Speck
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey Tycho, there's plenty of good diving in La Jolla Cove- surprised you haven't been there. Catalina isn't bad either.

BlueSnags
09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Stashed a few figs over at Smeagol Rock Target this morning:

Clone Wars Pilot Oddball
Clone Wars Super Battle Droid
Clone Wars Captain Rex (clean variant)
Legacy Jodo Kast

If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

-Snags

Tycho
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey Tycho, there's plenty of good diving in La Jolla Cove- surprised you haven't been there. Catalina isn't bad either.

I usually don't go in the water without my surfboard or a jet ski. I'm into ocean sports, but just not too comfortable with SCUBA diving. Maybe that will change in the future (I hope so - I want to swim with sharks and try that tantric thing with them - but not without instruction from that famous diver that does this - Shark Man or whatever he's called, from South Africa or Australia I think.) But right now with my dialysis catheter, I can't go in the water or I'll get so ill I'll need hospitalization. But later on, because they place a transplanted kidney in the front, I may not be allowed to surf (since the board will be banging against me while I'm paddling). So I may very well have to take up some new outdoor hobbies. However, I will discuss surfing with my doctor and might also consider modifying my board with soft-padding to protect myself a little more in that area, versus what fiberglass constantly pushing up on me might do.

stillakid
09-23-2008, 01:07 AM

You're always so good to me! Thank you! :)

Oh, I still have that stuff for you to go through if you'd like.

bikerscout
09-23-2008, 03:52 AM
glendale target - all of tlc wave 3 minus the coruscant clone, should have at least 1 of each, and when my friend & i left around 5:30p, there were 2 jodo kasts left. No CW wave 2 that we saw. Rem. - joe comic packs are $8 this week at target

LF TRU - 1 homestead pack -all of the repacks looked pretty weak to me, 2 B-wings, and some Imperial pilot evos and rebel pilots #2 Evo packs. I'm pretty sure it was LF tru - if not, it was Burbank, don't know why i'm foggy on the evol. all of a sudden

AussieScott
09-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Does someone know what the street date/price is for the Clone Wars Republic Gunship and A-Wing?

The Republic Gunship has popped up at K-Mart here in Sydney and was wondering if I should get one here or wait a bit. I believe the A-Wings are out in the UK also.

Cheers.

toonimator
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I think the A-wings are October for the US. They are definitely out in the UK, and look great! Just wish Arvel's helmet wasn't so dang big. They finally sculpt the proper 'Battle of Endor A-wing pilot helmet', they even make it snug to the head & face unlike, say, TIE Biggs' rattling helm, but they make it ENORMOUS, bigger'n B-wing helmets it looks like. Doc had a nice custom 'based on a comic' helmet to fit her twi'lek head, it fits snugly & isn't too big at all. Why not for Arvel?

...whining aside, I'm still getting it :D Can't pass up that one. Now if only ALL Southern California Wal-Marts will get plenty of 'em and actually make shelf space for 'em!

Jango Speck
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm done with Mighty Muggs for OT, but are there any more coming this year?

BlueSnags
09-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Hoth Han, Admiral Akbar, Tarkin and Unmasked Vader will be out in Nov-Dec 2008.

-Snags

Commtech
09-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Hoth Han, Admiral Akbar, Tarkin and Unmasked Vader will be out in Nov-Dec 2008.

-Snags

That unmasked Vader will be my 3rd MM!

BlueSnags
09-23-2008, 08:05 PM
That unmasked Vader will be my 3rd MM!

Yep, Unmasked Vader is pretty cool. Vader, Hoth Han and the Shadow Stormie are my must-gets.

-Snags

RUSHBOY
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm hoping they make some cantina alien Mighty muggs !
The original 4 would be very cool, Greedo, Blue snaggletooth, walrus man, and Hammerhead !! I would buy them all !
:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
09-24-2008, 12:24 AM
The original 4 would be very cool, Greedo, Blue snaggletooth, walrus man, and Hammerhead !! I would buy them all !

Same here. That would be sweet!

-Snags

K M Toydarian
09-24-2008, 02:43 AM

I would love some OT aliens too. Right now it is pretty much Rebels, Imperials, and Prequel (I am only getting a couple clone wars MM). We need a scum and Villainy group. I really like how they did Akbar. I wish I could get him by himself though. I am not getting the EU ones. Other aliens would look great.

Has anyone ordered a "blank" from HTS.com and tried their hand at painting one?

To keep this just found, West Hollywood Target has their BMF for 159.99. Did they go up everywhere?
Not much out their I want yet. I am waiting for the newer OT figures for now.

AussieScott
09-24-2008, 04:49 AM
I was dreading having to lug a BMF all the way home from the USA... the box is HUGE... but then it popped up locally at $199 (about US$165 at today's exchange rate, it's been pretty volatile lately). I know that in the UK it's 150 POUNDS (nearly $280US) and somewhere close to $240US in Singapore, so thankfully luck favours the Aussie market for this one item.

Basic vehicles (V-19 etc) still sell for $60 here. Go figure.

Any sightings of the A-Wing would be much appreciated. Apart from the Republic Gunship are there any more exclusives this year?

I also really, really need an Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (brown-red trim, NOT blue). Doesn't have to be TAC. Any sightings appreciated.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 07:28 PM
JT, I see you finally upgraded from your PS2???? :p About time! :thumbsup:

Though if you had bought an Xbox360, I could be playing online against you. Not necessarily TFU because you can't but other games.It was a birthday present, based partly on not wanting to pay Xbox Live fees.

This isn't toy related but I know you all like free stuff. In 2009, Disneyland will hold a promotion where you'll be able to get in for free on your birthday. You do have to go over to their official site before hand to register.

If you happen to be an Annual Pass holder (I am and I think I remember JT mentioning it before as well), obviously you don't need free admission but if you register, you can have your choice of 1) a bunch of extra fastpasses or 2) a gift card equivalent to the price of 1 day's admission valid only on your birthdate. In other words, free toys and other stuff!Yeah, they emailed me about the Annual Pass benefits the night before they publically announced it. The fastpasses were a little difficult, 4 fastpasses for up to 6 people in your group, and you have to get them before 11am usually. The 1-days merch was an amazing deal though.

WTF? If you've never been to Disneyland, and you had a chance to go, why did you pick California Adventure? That "park" really sucks, unless you get a 2 for 1 pass to see both. I guess it will improve a bit next year when they start the whole re-design. There's got to be a better draw for Disneyland than Star Tours though- Pirates, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, etc.Totally agree, I don't get this at all. My sister prefers the DCA to Disneyland, but mostly because of lines. She and I had a BLAST last month when I took her though.

figrin bran
09-25-2008, 11:03 PM
JT, we should try to have an SSG Disneyland meet!

Mainly I want to go up against you on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Toy Story Midway Mania. Let's see what you got! :p

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't have a 2-park pass, so I can't do the Toy Story Mania. I did the Astro Blasters and didn't really enjoy it, to be quite honest. But we should do an SSG Disneyland run (maybe we can pry Deoxy away from her job for 5 seconds to come too :p), watch the Jedi Training Academy (awesome!!!) and ride Star Tours before the new one comes in, get Fast Passes to Indy.

figrin bran
09-25-2008, 11:36 PM
The JTA is awesome except when you get a bunch of kids that suddenly get overwhelmed with stage fright while they're dueling Vader.

Based on what he's said about Wii games in the past, I think El Chuxter would enjoy Toy Story the most out of anyone on the board.

And just in case you weren't aware, JT, whatever sort of pass you own, you can always upgrade to another one just by paying the difference. However, it gets backdated to when you first used the first pass.

toonimator
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Galleria Target had remnants of CW wave 2, clean Rex & Clone, 2 Odd Balls, an SBD. I picked up the SBD and GIJoe's Flash, which they had 2 of (never saw him on pegs or on HTS before... in-stock, anyway)

BlueSnags
09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
HasbroToyShop has Legends Wave 3 and the last wave of Comic Packs (Cade/Talon, Imperial Knights etc) in stock if anyone is still looking for them.

-Snags

CrunchyNug
09-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks. Did anyone notice that TLC w3 prices have been raised to $7.99. Anything before that wave is still $6.99.:upset:

santosha
09-26-2008, 02:13 PM
HTS canceled some of my orders, and gave me the 10% off were sorry line.

Here is the code if anyone needs it
DISC10

Jango Speck
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
HasbroToyShop has Legends Wave 3 and the last wave of Comic Packs (Cade/Talon, Imperial Knights etc) in stock if anyone is still looking for them.

-Snags

If anyone is ordering and can get me two Saleucami Clones and two Coruscant Landing Clones, I'll share the shipping- let me know.

Kidhuman
09-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks. Did anyone notice that TLC w3 prices have been raised to $7.99. Anything before that wave is still $6.99.:upset:

Which makes sense on why they canceld the orders for wave 4 at 6.99 each. Bastards

BlueSnags
09-26-2008, 06:03 PM
HTS pretty much sucks these days...

-Snags

toonimator
09-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Yep... tho I did order a few more TLC Wave 2 figures today, before they can pull them all from the site & re-list at $7.99. I was at Culver City's TRU earlier in the week and was surprised how much Wave 2 they had! SCUBA Trooper was the only one in short supply (one, that I could see) but they had a few Gunners & Padmes and TONS of IGs, Kenobis, Quarrens, and Mon Cals.

gambitguru
09-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't have a 2-park pass, so I can't do the Toy Story Mania. I did the Astro Blasters and didn't really enjoy it, to be quite honest. But we should do an SSG Disneyland run (maybe we can pry Deoxy away from her job for 5 seconds to come too :p), watch the Jedi Training Academy (awesome!!!) and ride Star Tours before the new one comes in, get Fast Passes to Indy.

there is going to be a new star tours opening soon? when?

BlueSnags
09-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Noticed today that Burbank Target raised the price on Indiana Jones basic to $8.79. There's quite a few reasons why the Indy line's in the shape it's in (cancelled), but that certainly can't help. Who is going to shell out $8.79 plus tax for one of the 25 T-Shirt Mutts hanging on the pegs? Anyone? Bueller?

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-27-2008, 10:00 PM
there is going to be a new star tours opening soon? when?

This rumor has existed since Phantom Menace came out. There's no definitive date that I've heard of.

Commtech
09-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Found some interesting stuff today at Burbank Target. First, I found the new TFA Leader Class Ultra Magnus. I didn't expect to find this figure on the shelves so soon. Then, I noticed they had more of the Target Excl. Marvel Legends Red Hulk wave. I grabbed what seems to be the second variant of that wave: Spiral in lighter blue jumpsuit (plus other paint differences).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/DSC00761.jpg

Commtech
09-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Double post.

figrin bran
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure if anyone's interested but I found the next wave of Marvel Transformers - Wolverine, repaint of Hulk, Human Torch.

toonimator
09-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Ugh. I even thought "Should I go to Target today? Why bother, they haven't had anything at all any other day I've gone in the last week..."

bikerscout
09-29-2008, 03:58 AM
no kidding, i went on a big run yesterday, hitting several targets & k-marts and one TRU. No one had anything new!!! I couldn't believe it. 1 coruscant clone and a clearanced droideka w/shield was all i came up with. Nothing else new. What a crappy run. Couldn't even find a decent price on gas till i got back to my home area.

Jango Speck
09-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Are there any local places to by acrylic risers? There's lots of places online, but it seems ridiculous to pay shipping for a $10 riser.

Ando
09-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Did anyone notice the price increases at Target?

$159.99 for the BMF and $21.99 for the Vehicle/Fighters like the V-19, the V Wing, etc.

toonimator
09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Didn't notice those in particular, but DID notice Indy ($8.79) and Joe vehicle packs ($15.99) as well as TFA Deluxe ($10.99 like TRU now) a few days ago.

Went to Burbank Target around 8:30, 2 Black Spideys and Union Jack from Red Hulk. Picked up Jack. A few more older Indy figures, including the only two jacket Raiders Indys with well-painted eyes I've ever seen. If not for the price increase... ugh. Also saw more Superhero Squads, older but not often seen, with 2 Ares/Thors. Naturally, Thor looked pretty horrible in both. Major paint problems. Ares, not so much.

Full peg of SW comic packs; either someone bought an IK at opening or they just didn't put it on the pegs (as the remaining IK seemed in danger of falling off the front of the peg!). Both Cade sets were no-saber versions.

CrunchyNug
09-30-2008, 02:23 AM
Check these puppies out - I found the new GI Joe vehicles earlier today at WM. I'm pretty impressed!

Cataclizm1
09-30-2008, 02:57 AM
***drool***

bikerscout
09-30-2008, 03:00 AM
speaking of vehicles, i didn't see Crunchy's set, but I did see some rattlers and x-30 conquests this evening. PM for location

Jango Speck
10-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Saw the Legacy Wave 5 pix today- and while I'm impressed that Hasbro is going so far out on a limb to produce obscure figures- I must say that I have no interest in that wave whatsoever.

figrin bran
10-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Saw the Legacy Wave 5 pix today- and while I'm impressed that Hasbro is going so far out on a limb to produce obscure figures- I must say that I have no interest in that wave whatsoever.

Why not? You don't want to complete the Cantina scene?

Jango Speck
10-01-2008, 02:08 AM

Nope- I like the "main" aliens just fine. Plus, I don't build dioramas and will be selling off a lot of stuff that's just sitting in storage. If GG made busts of these guys, it would be tempting, but my personal warehouse is out of control- so much stuff that never gets displayed and has virtually no resell value. Hello Toys for Tots!

Tycho
10-01-2008, 02:12 AM

I do. Bartender: I want to order another round!

BlueSnags
10-01-2008, 11:28 AM
I'll be getting those Cantina aliens for sure. I've been wanting figures of those guys since the late 70's. Especially the Landspeeder dealer (Wioslea) - freakin' cool.

-Snags

JediTricks
10-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Target West Hollywood had a lone SW Transformers TIE Bomber/TIE Pilot yesterday. Pricing has gone up 10% though, so I passed.

there is going to be a new star tours opening soon? when?No announcement of a date, but Lucas announced it officially at Celebration III and there's been active testing going on in 2 of the simulators the past 6 months, so probably within a year and a half.

Noticed today that Burbank Target raised the price on Indiana Jones basic to $8.79. There's quite a few reasons why the Indy line's in the shape it's in (cancelled), but that certainly can't help. Who is going to shell out $8.79 plus tax for one of the 25 T-Shirt Mutts hanging on the pegs? Anyone? Bueller?

-SnagsTarget has raised the price on almost everything Hasbro, Star Wars TFs have gone up to $16.49.

I'm not sure if anyone's interested but I found the next wave of Marvel Transformers - Wolverine, repaint of Hulk, Human Torch.At Target West Hollywood, where they were already missing a Wolverine thanks to my find a day earlier (Wolvie is very nifty, but has trouble standing normally).

Check these puppies out - I found the new GI Joe vehicles earlier today at WM. I'm pretty impressed!Nice find, I probably will end up getting that Firebat after all is said and done.

BlueSnags
10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Received Indy Wave 4 (Temple of Doom) today in the mail (ordered from RazorsEdge). Incredible figures - Hasbro really kicked butt on this wave (and the Last Crusade wave). Highly recommended by Snags (if you manage to find them).

Still looking for an opener set so if anyone happens to find them, please stash me a set (condition doesn't matter).

-Good Old Snags

Jango Speck
10-02-2008, 01:32 AM
I had the misfortune of being in Panorama City tonight, including WalMart. Luckily, I found two Coruscant Landing Clones, but no Saleucami's.

They had lots of the latest comic packs, tons of Indy pegwarmers, and a brand new island display that was all boxed up: labelled IJ, Hulk, Spiderman Combo Display. I tried to sneak a peak, but couldn't get through the cardboard.

Commtech
10-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I had the misfortune of being in Panorama City tonight, including WalMart. Luckily, I found two Coruscant Landing Clones, but no Saleucami's.

They had lots of the latest comic packs, tons of Indy pegwarmers, and a brand new island display that was all boxed up: labelled IJ, Hulk, Spiderman Combo Display. I tried to sneak a peak, but couldn't get through the cardboard.

I was just there! First time visiting ghetto walmart like in 3 years!
I was able to take from the pallets a box of the exclusive Marvel Legends. The case had already been opened. Everything was there, except Crossbones (the coolest figure of that wave, in my opinion) but I did get the human torch variant.
I also got the new Universe Deluxe transformers: Ironhide and silverstreak. Ironhide is just awesome! (didn't care for the other red car).
I never scored anything at that crappy store until today.:thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/DSC00772.jpg

MicroJow
10-02-2008, 03:07 AM
That store saw a lot of action today! I was there this afternoon and picked up two complete sets of the Marvel Legends exclusives (a set for me, a set for Sentry) although I only purchased one of the Torches for myself. The Torches are packed 50/50.

I wonder what's in that combo display... might have to go back again tomorrow and find out!

- J

bikerscout
10-02-2008, 05:27 AM
What: SW and other collectibles garage sale

Who: hosted by Mawhonic7 (OC rebelscummer), featuring other fellow OC/LA scummers (swspiffy, ShadowTrooper, DarthCitrix, me)

When: Sat. October 11, 2008 at 9am

Where: 20381 Lake Forest Drive, Lake Forest, CA 92630 (cross streets are Lake Forest and Vista Terrace)

Notes: sale will be outside in Mawhonic's office complex, he plans on bringing Simpsons, Futurama and DC items too. Questions? Call Eric at 949-300-4217. A pre-sale meeting will be held this Sat., and finer details will be hammered out.

Why: Because you MUST obey your master..........

ANEEL
10-02-2008, 01:31 PM
i Was Just There! First Time Visiting Ghetto Walmart Like In 3 Years!
I Was Able To Take From The Pallets A Box Of The Exclusive Marvel Legends. The Case Had Already Been Opened. Everything Was There, Except Crossbones (the Coolest Figure Of That Wave, In My Opinion) But I Did Get The Human Torch Variant.
I Also Got The New Universe Deluxe Transformers: Ironhide And Silverstreak. Ironhide Is Just Awesome! (didn't Care For The Other Red Car).
I Never Scored Anything At That Crappy Store Until Today.:thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/dsc00772.jpg

Need The 2 Ironman Pieces--------------please Help

Maradona
10-02-2008, 05:29 PM
This is just great. The WM exclusive wave is out and I have yet to find any of the Red Hulk Target wave other than Black Spiderman. If these are still being found, please stash. Thanks.

sentry
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Big Thanks to you Joe. Yeah i still see the Target wave all the time, If I see them I can stash. They usually come around about every 5 days, they may be about due. Unless they are running low on the supply.

Cataclizm1
10-03-2008, 06:06 PM
HTS.com has lots of new stuff in stock right now, use fall20 to get 20% off and free shipping. I just ordered the newest transformers and GI JOE dvd packs and vehicles.

MicroJow
10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Cool! Thanks! I just ordered the Satellite Armor and Torpedo Armor Iron Mans for less than I would have paid in the store! Gotta love free shipping AND 20% off!

- J

Chaddymac
10-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Damn, Cat. Why didn't you give me that discount code this morning?

*sigh*

MicroJow
10-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Re-order then cancel the old order?

- J

BlueSnags
10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Stopped by Burbank TRU at lunch time and saw they restocked the comic packs (Cade/Talon etc) and Legends Wave 2 - plenty of Scuba Troopers still on the pegs. I spotted Wormser lurking in the shadows, but no sign of Chef Boyardee or Dazed & Confused - did they finally get shht canned?

I also ordered the 2 GI Joe DVD sets and the two new vehicles using FALL20. Cheaper than retail = good times.

Also ordered the new SW comic packs (White Vader/Leia, Thrawn/Karrde, Xizor/Leia and Vader/Trachta) via an online retailer for less than retail, along with a few new Joes (Mercenary Wraith, Cobra Bazooka Trooper, Croc Master and Mutt/Junkyard). Today was a good day.

-Snags

Chaddymac
10-03-2008, 07:39 PM
With Hasbro, you have to cancel orders over E-mail. by the time they get the e-mail, they'll have already shipped.

And it's too big a risk that I'd have to send stuff back. And that is really a pain. I'll eat the tax, I don't care. Even if I paid for shipping, it'd be cheaper than gas.

Ando
10-03-2008, 07:41 PM
HTS.com has lots of new stuff in stock right now, use fall20 to get 20% off and free shipping. I just ordered the newest transformers and GI JOE dvd packs and vehicles.

Thanks for the tip!!!

CrunchyNug
10-03-2008, 07:48 PM
HTS.com has lots of new stuff in stock right now, use fall20 to get 20% off and free shipping.

Hmmm - I'm trying to use the code, but I'm only getting 20% off, not FREE shipping too. Anyone else finding this?

Jango Speck
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
It worked for me...

Chaddymac
10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
i think what he meant was you get 20% off which is like getting free shipping.

MicroJow
10-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Nope, I just looked at my order confirmation: 20% discount AND 0.00 shipping charge.

- J

Cataclizm1
10-03-2008, 09:07 PM
There is a weird glitch where sometimes it wont recognize the free shipping. I had a bunch of stuff in my cart and it was still charging shipping. Then I deleted Ultra Magnus and I got the free shipping. Then I just ordered him separate with free shipping. Also you can cancel orders easily by calling them.

Chaddymac
10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
*Bangs head against wall*

RUSHBOY
10-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I stashed a DCUC wave 3 Green lantern and Nightwing at Rosemead Target !! PM me for the location. :thumbsup:

bikerscout
10-04-2008, 06:46 AM
HTS'll be sure to put up the good stuff right after the coupon expires. u can count on it.

figrin bran
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I got Ahsoka, Cody and Oddball this morning at Glendale Target. Possibly they were left behind by one of you guys? I did stash an Oddball and Super Battle Droid there if any needs them.

Also stashed a Henry Sr. from the Indy line at Los Feliz TRU.

And I actually found something at Crenshaw Walmart! I got Ironhide and Sideswipe for 7.77 each as well as Animated Blitzwing (though not for 7.77)

Tycho
10-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I got the Rebel Pilots Evolutions #2 (with the Twi'lek chic) at Target, and bought the GH Jabba's Palace set (for Jabba and Bib Fortuna mostly) at Sears (they have 5 more of them at my Toys R Us, but they cost $3 more. I just stopped to compare the quality of paint jobs).

Last night at Borders' Books I got the 2nd of the Jedi Twilight detective series of books, and Order 66 - Karen Travis' hardcover adventure for her favorite squad of Clone Troopers - and probably one of the ONLY instances where I'm interested in whatevers going on with Clone Troopers lately.

BlueSnags
10-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Found/bought the exclusive CW Republic Gunship today at Walmart. Judging from the package art, the ship looks pretty cool (haven't opened it yet) - only bad thing was the price ($49.99).

Also finally snagged a G.I. Joe Black Head Variant Destro/Grenadier Comic Pack from the same Walmart. Good times.

-Snags

bikerscout
10-06-2008, 03:52 AM
u r probably the first in socal to get it. The top pro collector strikes again! :bandit:

BlueSnags
10-06-2008, 12:12 PM
New Joe vehicles (Awe Striker and Fang) are in stock at HTS. Use FALL20 and get free shipping plus 20% off.

-Snags

MicroJow
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Found Boo-Berry and Franken-Berry cereals at Target this morning.

(What can I say? It was a slow day.)

- J

CrunchyNug
10-06-2008, 05:27 PM

- J

Don't you just love the holidays? I got some pumpkin flavored pop-tarts over the weekend, sorry I didn't post it earlier. PM for stash location.

sentry
10-06-2008, 07:30 PM

- J

Which Target, i picked up Count Chocula the other day.

MicroJow
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Sherman Oaks. It appears that Count Chocula is the common one while Frankenberry and Booberry are the chase variants. They only show up around Halloween so hoarde while you can. I wonder what they're worth on eBay.

- J

BlueSnags
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Sherman Oaks. It appears that Count Chocula is the common one while Frankenberry and Booberry are the chase variants. They only show up around Halloween so hoarde while you can. I wonder what they're worth on eBay.

- J

I saw Headphones returning some Count Chocula to Target the other day - hopefully the guest services person checked to make sure the boxes were still sealed.

-Snags

figrin bran
10-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Do Chocula and Frankenberry and Booberry all have the same DPCI's? Smeagol Rock Target never seems to restock them and I don't want the shelf warmers from last year.

Commtech
10-06-2008, 10:52 PM
What's the dpci for them? I need to ask an employee to bring me out a case from the stock room.

sentry
10-06-2008, 10:58 PM
What's the dpci for them? I need to ask an employee to bring me out a case from the stock room.

You sneaky bastard. Stop trying to keep them from the rest of us.

bikerscout
10-07-2008, 07:52 AM
generalmillsshop.com sucks!!!!! I ordered the exclusive Frank, Boo and Count 3 pack and instead I got a bag of Gold Medal Flour!!!!!!!

Jango Speck
10-07-2008, 10:38 AM
My HTS.com order shipped today.

Chaddymac
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
generalmillsshop.com sucks!!!!! I ordered the exclusive Frank, Boo and Count 3 pack and instead I got a bag of Gold Medal Flour!!!!!!!
Okay, THAT was hilarious.

bikerscout
10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
My HTS.com order shipped today.

which consisted of??.....

glad u liked that chaddymac. :D had to do some research but it worked. :p

Jango Speck
10-07-2008, 08:02 PM
What I ordered wasn't so important as the fact that the order wasn't cancelled, and I used the Fall20 promo code. (Saleucami Clones, Henry Jones Sr.)

bikerscout
10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
for my general mills joke - i shoulda put -'they cancelled my order (because the foil markings were incorrect) and then they raised the price!' Make no mistake about it - HTS killed the orders, solely so they could increase the price. They were just gauging interest. You got your answer - didn't you Hasbro?? thanx a lot.

stillakid
10-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah me! I random off-the-cuff visit to TRU in Woodland Hills tonight won me a Tatooine Homestead, a new B-Wing with new pilot, and a Galactic Heroes Rancor set. No figures that I need, but my Hasbro Toy Shop Order came yesterday with the last few (Scuba Trooper, etc) that I've been needing.

So aside from the three boxes tonight being really BIG, it was a good day. :)

Still missing some parts from a couple Build-a-Droid droids, but otherwise, I think I'm just about caught up.

Whew!

figrin bran
10-09-2008, 02:39 AM
For those of you that collect Disney SW merchandise, Disneyland is no longer offering the one hour shopper's passes, unfortunately. However, World of Disney in Downtown Disney carries items like the Star Tours figures so you're not entirely out of luck.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 06:10 AM
You guys are gonna get mad, but I found all of Mattel DCU 6" at Target Culver City today, and wasn't able to stash or buy any for you guys. I was with my grandma, she was getting impatient, so I looked over the wave quick and bought Deathstroke.

Same store had a Clone Wars Super Battle Droid, bought that.

bikerscout
10-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Quick bump:

Who: hosted by Mawhonic7 (OC rebelscummer), featuring other fellow OC/LA scummers (swspiffy, ShadowTrooper, DarthCitrix, me)

When: Sat. October 11, 2008 at 9am - 2pm

Where: 20381 Lake Forest Drive, Lake Forest, CA 92630 (cross streets are Lake Forest and Vista Terrace)

Notes: sale will be outside in Mawhonic's office complex, he plans on bringing Simpsons, Futurama and DC items too. Collectibles from all modern SW lines will be there. Questions? Call Eric at 949-300-4217.

Jango Speck
10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm selling off my prequel vehicles (most of them). If there's something you are missing, send me a PM and I'll sell it for retail.

K M Toydarian
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm selling off my prequel vehicles (most of them). If there's something you are missing, send me a PM and I'll sell it for retail.

Now that it's officially the last quarter of the year, has anyone heard when Toys for Tots toy drives start up in LA? I've left messages at the numbers I could find on the web, but there isn't much info, and no reply yet. Anyone know if TRU will be doing it. Or any other organization for that matter that takes new toys.
With Clone Wars starting, my surplus Star Wars stuff might be more appreciated by kids.

Saw Dooku and Asajii Mighty Muggs at NOHO Target an hour ago. Only saw Anakin and Rex once in the past couple weeks though.
Nothing for figures I want right now, till the Cantina wave comes out.

Jango Speck
10-09-2008, 09:06 PM
My experience last year was that the Toys for Tots drop off sites are disappearing in the SF Valley because TfT is not picking the stuff up in a timely manner, so it's cluttering up the retail stores that accept the stuff. I ended up dumping some old POTF figs at TRU, which felt really weird because there are several "collectors" who work there.

Over the summer, Turbowars mentioned donating to Boys and Girls Club, and there is one in Burbank, so I might try that for my Phantom Menace collection this Xmas.

Jango Speck
10-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Have any of you guys used Craigslist to buy/sell SW stuff? I look at the ads and can't help but laugh at the overpriced collections that people are trying to sell, not to mention the sheer ignorance of what they are selling. I suppose it's better than paying ebay/shipping prices, but I'm not ready to go that route- yet.

bikerscout
10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Have any of you guys used Craigslist to buy/sell SW stuff? I look at the ads and can't help but laugh at the overpriced collections that people are trying to sell, not to mention the sheer ignorance of what they are selling. I suppose it's better than paying ebay/shipping prices, but I'm not ready to go that route- yet.

but you are ready to come down to the fantastic sale this Sat. yeah? :thumbsup:

Jango Speck
10-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Sorry but no, there's nothing "old" that I want, in fact I am purging the very same items as we speak. From the looks of the RS classifieds, many collectors are dumping the early "modern" lines.

bikerscout
10-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Speck, you're welcome to come down & join us. Just call eric up - i'm sure he wouldn't mind. Just bring yourself a table & change & u should be good to go. Sidenote: I don't have any stuff pre-ROTS to sell personally.

Jango Speck
10-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the offer- but I sell my stuff online or to locals. I just don't have time to spend at a garage sale type of thing. I know this is an L.A. Just Found forum, but I stick strictly to the Burbank-adjacent areas.

bikerscout
10-09-2008, 10:51 PM
no prob. There'll probably be another sale in Dec. too. I don't like the distance much either myself, but I could definitely use the free space in my apt. & $. I hope we can garner a crowd that is sick of the local scalpers.

Maradona
10-10-2008, 11:51 AM
This is an unusual find to post, but maybe it's a sign of the times. At Baldwin Park Target, I bought a $500 Dyson vacuum cleaner on clearance for $124.75. I wasn't necessarily shopping for a vacuum, but I saw that they were 30% off last week at another Target. I went to that section to see if they had gone dow any lower. Sure enough. I've wanted one since I saw their commercial years ago, but refused to pay as much as a television set for one. I figured I'd get one when I bought a house. But who's to say when that will happen now?

Also, Baldwin Park WM had several Gunships. I picked one up and some guy there bought 3 at once.

toonimator
10-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Burbank Target had some stuff; haven't been in nearly a week! There was a Cody, Odd Ball, and Ahsoka for SW... paint on Odd Ball's helmet & Ahsoka's head was horrible. Skipped Cody, waiting for a slightly better one (picky picky picky)

Some Red Hulk Legends, everything BUT Spiral, of course, so I picked up Warlock, yellow Wolvie, and Silver Savage. Gonna wait on Spidey until after I get Spiral, or just try to buy the arm elsewhere.

Jango Speck
10-10-2008, 01:20 PM
My HTS.com order just arrived- Dr. Henry Jones is all mine, along with some Saleucami Clones.

Commtech
10-10-2008, 04:45 PM
- Dr. Henry Jones is all mine, ....

That.... sounds kind of weird.

:D

JediTricks
10-10-2008, 05:41 PM
That.... sounds kind of weird.

:D
I was totally thinking that! :p

bikerscout
10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
"The pleasure is all MINE......" -Lt. Frank Drebbon, Naked Gun

bikerscout
10-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Final bump:

When: Sat. October 11, 2008 at 9am - 2pm

Notes: sale will be outside in Mawhonic's office complex, he plans on bringing Simpsons, Futurama and DC items too. Collectibles from all modern SW lines will be there. Questions? Call Eric at 949-300-4217.

Commtech
10-11-2008, 01:57 AM
I was totally thinking that! :p

JT: Your avatar is kind of "weird" as well.:ninja:

Jango Speck
10-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Just watched this week's South Park for the second time- damn those guys sure hated Indy4! I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore.

Commtech
10-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Ok, so my kid is into Legos now. At first I thought he would forget about them but now I can tell his addiction will last for a while (if not forever). So far he's got 5 vehicles and around 12 figures. Here's what I need: If any of you locals have a Target exclusive Tie Crawler used or new, and don't want it anymore, I would appreciate it if you can hook me up with one. I saw that thing so many times at the store (a couple times on clearance actually!) but who would've thought I would need it in the near future. :( I know some of you are getting rid from stuff in your collections to make room or get some money for the holidays, so if you have one of these, send me a pm. Thanks.:)

Jango Speck
10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
For my local collecting friends:

CC has a sale on Wii games, buy one, get one 1/2 off. Anyone want to get Force Unleashed? That's the only game I want, so if we order two copies, we can split the discount.

Ando
10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Can anyone here who has found the WM Republic Gunship pass along the SKU from the receipt?

BlueSnags
10-14-2008, 06:24 PM
GI Joe Wave 10 IN STOCK at HTS

-Snags

CrunchyNug
10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank you Snaggletooth. You're so awesome!!!

Mvader91
10-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Sweeeeeettt! Thanks for the heads up! However FALL20 no longer applies.

figrin bran
10-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Hmmm...the most recent Joe figure I see on HTS is the Cobra Eel and that's "coming soon"...

My HTS order of 1 Viper, 1 Sharc, 1 Firebat arrived today.

BlueSnags
10-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Hmmm...the most recent Joe figure I see on HTS is the Cobra Eel and that's "coming soon"...

My HTS order of 1 Viper, 1 Sharc, 1 Firebat arrived today.

Mercenary Wraith, Cobra Bazooka Trooper, Cobra Para-Viper, Mutt w/Junkyard, Croc Master and Tiger Force Duke are all up for order.

Picked up 2 Target Excl Indy BPs today for the sale price of $15.99 each. Grabbed a Raiders set and a Last Crusade set. This was at Burbank Target around 1PM.

Also scored the 2 Target Excl Clone Wars BPs (Yoda/Coruscant Squad and Obi-Wan/212th Squad) - pretty cool sets.

Received the new SW comic packs (White Vader/Leia, Thrawn/Karrde, Vader/Trachta and Xizor/Leia) today in the mail. Pretty cool sets.

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Trying to free up a lot of space, so the vehicles have got to go!
* All ships $20 (retail) unless otherwise noted. Loose ships have original packaging.

30th Anniversary Collection 2006
AAT
Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter
Shadow Scout Trooper $15
Treachery at Saleucami
V-Wing
Y-wing $35

AOTC/Saga 2002
Jango Fett's Slave I (Loose)
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

Original Trilogy Collection 2004
Milennium Falcon $35 (Loose)
Tie-Fighter (Large Wings) $35
Tie-Fighter (Small Wings)

Power of the Force (Green) 1998
Electronic Luke's X-Wing Fighter (Loose)

Revenge of the Sith 2005
Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (Green TRU) $30
ARC-170 $25 (Loose)
AT-RT (with Driver)
Barc Speeder (with Driver)
General Grievous' Wheelbike
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (Blue) $30
Republic Gunship $30 (Loose)
Wookiee Flyer

Saga Collection 2006
Darth Vader's Tie Fighter x1 Advanced
Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter

TAC 2008 2008
Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter
AT-AP

The Phantom Menace 1999
Electronic Naboo Starfighter w/ Anakin $25
Trade Federation Droid Fighters
Trade Federation MTT

CrunchyNug
10-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Look at this find. It just came in the mail today. I snagged this off ebay for a ridiculously low price and can't wait to set it up next to my Endor Playset. I was always jealous that Robin Hood got to have actual leaves in his tree house and the Ewoks didn't.

BlueSnags
10-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Sweet! I'm diggin' it big time. That vintage off-the-wall stuff is right up my alley. If you come across another one, LMK brotha.

-Snags:cool:

Commtech
10-15-2008, 03:17 AM
Ok, so my kid is into Legos now. At first I thought he would forget about them but now I can tell his addiction will last for a while (if not forever). So far he's got 5 vehicles and around 12 figures. Here's what I need: If any of you locals have a Target exclusive Tie Crawler used or new, and don't want it anymore, I would appreciate it if you can hook me up with one. I saw that thing so many times at the store (a couple times on clearance actually!) but who would've thought I would need it in the near future. :( I know some of you are getting rid from stuff in your collections to make room or get some money for the holidays, so if you have one of these, send me a pm. Thanks.:)

Anyone?....Bueller?....Bueller?.....

(any other star wars Legos will also be considered)

Look at this find. It just came in the mail today. I snagged this off ebay for a ridiculously low price and can't wait to set it up next to my Endor Playset. I was always jealous that Robin Hood got to have actual leaves in his tree house and the Ewoks didn't.

That is an amazing find, my friend!:thumbsup:

figrin bran
10-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Mercenary Wraith, Cobra Bazooka Trooper, Cobra Para-Viper, Mutt w/Junkyard, Croc Master and Tiger Force Duke are all up for order.

Picked up 2 Target Excl Indy BPs today for the sale price of $15.99 each. Grabbed a Raiders set and a Last Crusade set. This was at Burbank Target around 1PM.

Also scored the 2 Target Excl Clone Wars BPs (Yoda/Coruscant Squad and Obi-Wan/212th Squad) - pretty cool sets.

Received the new SW comic packs (White Vader/Leia, Thrawn/Karrde, Vader/Trachta and Xizor/Leia) today in the mail. Pretty cool sets.

-Snags

Ahhhh, I see now. You need to check under the General Heading for GI Joe. I clicked under 25th Anniversary and then Real American Hero and did not find those aforementioned figures.

BlueSnags
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Ahhhh, I see now. You need to check under the General Heading for GI Joe. I clicked under 25th Anniversary and then Real American Hero and did not find those aforementioned figures.

Did you pick up any?

-Snags

BlueSnags
10-15-2008, 05:30 PM

I think I have an extra TIE Crawler, but it's buried in my closet. I'll let you know, bro.

-Snags:)

Commtech
10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I think I have an extra TIE Crawler, but it's buried in my closet. I'll let you know, bro.

-Snags:)

stillakid
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM

Cool! I have to look for one of these now! :yes:

Turbowars
10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi.

figrin bran
10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi Turbo!

Did you pick up any?

-Snags

Snags, I didn't get anything this morning as I only wanted the Wraith and Para Viper from that wave. However, Wraith is back up again tonight. I'm still waiting on an Indy restock as I still need Elsa and I figure HTS is my biggest hope to find the TOD wave (a scary thought!).

BlueSnags
10-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Turbo!

Snags, I didn't get anything this morning as I only wanted the Wraith and Para Viper from that wave. However, Wraith is back up again tonight. I'm still waiting on an Indy restock as I still need Elsa and I figure HTS is my biggest hope to find the TOD wave (a scary thought!).

Yeah, TOD wave has popped up on HTS three times and all three times they sold out in 15 min or less.

-Snags

darkagent
10-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Did any of you ordering from HTS get the coupon code FALL20 to work? Just tried it right now, and it doesn't seem to be working any more.

Cataclizm1
10-16-2008, 01:54 AM
The code expired yesterday. You can still use disc10 to save 10%.

BlueSnags
10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
GI Joe Wave 11 is up on HTS (Cobra Eel, Flint in Cobra Disguise, Pilot Scarlett, Specialist Trakker, Zartan and Airborne). Just ordered a set.

-Snags

figrin bran
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
GI Joe Wave 11 is up on HTS (Cobra Eel, Flint in Cobra Disguise, Pilot Scarlett, Specialist Trakker, Zartan and Airborne). Just ordered a set.

-Snags

Nice! I found them as well while checking up on the TOD wave.

It was also nice of HTS to hike up the price a dollar with this wave. :whip:

BlueSnags
10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Nice! I found them as well while checking up on the TOD wave.

It was also nice of HTS to hike up the price a dollar with this wave. :whip:

I know. It was just a year ago that Joes were $4.88 at Target. Pretty lame.

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi.

Turbo! What's going on? Did you sell/donate all your old stuff? Are you still collecting?

JodyB
10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
I didn't know if you guys already saw this but this is for you "Cars" guys...

This Saturday at K-Mart is their Cars Collector's event... It says it's starting at 11am but who knows. All I know is that there are 4 K-Mart exclusive Vehicles at it...

Just thought I would let you guys know!

It's the 3rd story down!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News

Turbowars
10-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Turbo! What's going on? Did you sell/donate all your old stuff? Are you still collecting?
Yeah I donated 3/4 of my entire collection. I might by those new Cantina Aliens, but the Clone war stuff is not something I care about. So I have kind of stopped. I see most of you are going strong.

Jango Speck
10-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah I donated 3/4 of my entire collection. I might by those new Cantina Aliens, but the Clone war stuff is not something I care about. So I have kind of stopped. I see most of you are going strong.

Yeah, I have no interest in CW either. I loved the original animated version toys, but the "real" and new CGI versions are just unnecessary. If I hadn't bought the original CW maquettes, I might get the new ones, but I'm staying away from them too. Most of my interest is back to OT now, selling off most of my prequel stuff- except for my loose clone army.

Commtech
10-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I have no interest in CW either. I loved the original animated version toys, but the "real" and new CGI versions are just unnecessary. If I hadn't bought the original CW maquettes, I might get the new ones, but I'm staying away from them too. Most of my interest is back to OT now, selling off most of my prequel stuff- except for my loose clone army.

I know what you mean. I'm returning my CW animated Cody tomorrow. I'm staying with the movie one. But, I'll be keeping Ahsoka since that's the only version of her that's been made so far plus I like the little huttlet Rotta very much!

Cataclizm1
10-17-2008, 01:26 AM
There's another code to save 20% at HTS. " MDCREW " but looks like you still have to pay shipping.

Jango Speck
10-17-2008, 03:18 AM
I know what you mean. I'm returning my CW animated Cody tomorrow. I'm staying with the movie one. But, I'll be keeping Ahsoka since that's the only version of her that's been made so far plus I like the little huttlet Rotta very much!

Ugh, as much as I like the show (better than the first episode/movie), I can't stand the choice of voice-over actress for Ashoka. I'm surprised they didn't have her swinging from vines with monkeys.

The whole Hutt thing in the movie was boring too- an easy pass as far as toys go.

figrin bran
10-17-2008, 03:35 AM

But why??? That's the best Cody figure ever made! I also happen to think that the CW animated Clones and SBD's are far better than the realistic versions.

I'll be at that Cars K-Mart event. Possibly even at Burbank if Fairfax/3rd K-Mart isn't holding the event.

bikerscout
10-17-2008, 01:39 PM
i'll buy that cody off ya commtech. lookin for him anyway. plmk

Commtech
10-17-2008, 10:33 PM
i'll buy that cody off ya commtech. lookin for him anyway. plmk

pm'd ya!:thumbsup:

Commtech
10-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Anyone going to tomorrow's Cars' Kmart event be warned: The Hot Wheels crowd is going to be there. I've been to the HW Kmart events and have seen how vicious these guys get. There're collectors who take their whole families just to get more chances at getting the exclusives and more quantities of them. One guy brought his wife, 4 kids and grandma (Which is why I'm taking my kid this time:D). Also, there's been verbal fighting between them and it's one of the stores with the most attendance to this kind of events. My advice is to get there early and if possible, bring a friend or family member to improve your chances in case they use a raffle system (which they always use for the HW event since there are never enough cars/cases). Good luck!:thumbsup:

Update: I just read on a couple of websites that these cars will be available elsewhere later on. I think I'm going to skip the event tomorrow.

http://carstoysblog.com/2008/10/18/kmart-cars-collector-checklist/

figrin bran
10-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Commtech, you think we don't know firsthand how vicious the HW'ers can get? It'll just be business as usual :p

On an unrelated note, just think - it could've been Plumber Bob being prominently featured in the Presidential Debate and asking if ebay income is taxable.

Commtech
10-18-2008, 06:26 PM
So how did you guys do at the Cars event? How was it?

figrin bran
10-18-2008, 07:57 PM
So how did you guys do at the Cars event? How was it?

The Cars event at Fairfax/3rd K-Mart was fantastic!!!! Only 12 were there, including myself, and not a single member of our scalper database. I thought for sure that El Puerco would be there but he wasn't. Amazingly the manager told me that he got even less of a turnout for the Hot Wheel events.

CrunchyNug
10-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Kmart in N Hollywood had, including myself, THREE people. I couldn't believe it. They still handed out tickets for the heck of it. I was the 2nd one called!!! They rolled out 6 cases, each of which contained 6 more smaller cases inside, totaling 36 cases in all. Needles to say, I had no problems getting everything I wanted. Great event.

Jango Speck
10-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Saw the new packaging for Cars today- glad I've stopped with that line- it just never ends with the repacks.

Burbank TRU has their Toys for Tots bins out- so I guess I can go dig out my POTF and TPM figures from storage and start dumping them!

Commtech
10-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Burbank Target has the generator four pack with han, r-2, chewie and the white beard scout trooper. I stashed it if anyone is interested. Stash isn't really good, but it should last till the afternoon.

bikerscout
10-21-2008, 01:58 AM
picked it up. Thanks so much Commtech!! Awesome.
The B'Omarr Monastery Attack BP is still there @ Brb Target. PM me or Commtech for location. It might not stay long. Both sets look great -not liking the general price hike though. :sad:

did I mention that Commtech is the best?!?!!

toonimator
10-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Nothing SW at Target this morning besides a Padme Evo set--which has actually been there for days--with the AOTC Padme swapped with the TSC Droid Factory Padme, not even IN the tray, and a Saleucami Clone with droid part but an AT-TE Gunner Clone w/o harness or extra helm in the tray. I pointed 'em out when I checked out (with Spiral & Spidey from the Red Hulk wave of Legends) but I dunno if they'll do anything about it.

JediTricks
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
JT: Your avatar is kind of "weird" as well.:ninja:Yes, it is.

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi.How's it going? Haven't heard from you in a while. Everything ok for the most part? We never got together, still gotta do that.

Man, I cannot keep up, all my sightings are from like a week ago.

bikerscout
10-21-2008, 07:56 PM
i saw the tank gunner swap too Toon. Very annoying, since i'm lookin for Saleucami clones anyway. According to commtech, swaps don't happen that often at that Target

toonimator
10-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Not that often, but they DO happen. Prior to those two was a Slappy ROTS Anakin, with red-saber meaning it was the early 2005 release rather than the Dooku-sabered later ones, packed in the CW Anakin bubble with CW's accessories, on a CW Yoda card.

There's another I forgot to turn in this morning, pretty sure it's still there from last week: y'know those WWII figures next to the Joes? And how TRU & WM have a similar series from a different company, on olive green cards (Ultimate Soldier or whatever it's called now)? Someone swapped one of the TRU/WM ones, tray included, with a Target German. At first I thought they finally had a new batch, but noticed the extra swappable posed arms & legs, a hallmark of the TRU/WM variety, as well as the distinct hip articulation. There was an odd belt stuffed in one part of the tray, and I can't recall if he had a hat or helmet but at a guess I'd say that's what was SUPPOSED to be in that part of the tray. All other accessories appropriate to THAT figure seemed to be there. So it's not just Joes & SW targeted by that swapper.

Not at that store, but at another Target about a week ago, I saw a couple Sgt. Flashes on the Joe pegs... except one of them was Grand Slam from the Night Specter exclusive set. Oy.

figrin bran
10-21-2008, 11:00 PM
i saw the tank gunner swap too Toon. Very annoying, since i'm lookin for Saleucami clones anyway. According to commtech, swaps don't happen that often at that Target

Glendale Target had a few Saleucami clones the other day.

bikerscout
10-22-2008, 04:58 AM
thanx mr. bran. I'll check it out

what are ya Toon? Toy inspector?? :p No one buys those stupid Joe KOs anyways

Tycho
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
My friend got me the Galactic Heroes Skiff right before he expected me to begin my stay in the hospital. I haven't opened it yet, but it's very cool to have it. I love the way it looks boxed.

I've yet to find Karrde and Thrawn (comic pack), but over than new figures, I think I'm caught up.

CrunchyNug
10-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I just got my GI Joe w10 order from HTS this morning, for those who ordered it recently, be on the look-out.

BlueSnags
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Force Unleashed Shadow Stormie set just popped up at Walmart.com if anyone missed 'em at retail:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9203264

-Snags

Commtech
10-22-2008, 06:13 PM
I just got my GI Joe w10 order from HTS this morning, for those who ordered it recently, be on the look-out.

Got them too this AM!:thumbsup:

Mvader91
10-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Got them too this AM!:thumbsup:
That makes two! Received mine this morning too! They look great.

sentry
10-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Got mine as well, damn that Paratrooper is awesome. Crunch, if you did not get it, you are missin out !

figrin bran
10-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I got my HTS order with Para Viper, Wraith and Robot Heroes Silverbolt/Megatron, Blaster/Thrust, Ironhide/Kickback today.

Maradona
10-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Got 2 boxes from HTS today. One of them had Mutt, Croc Master, Bazooka Trooper, Tiger Duke, Para Viper (AMAZING!) and Oddball. The other box had Wraith. Both boxes were the same exact size. The funny thing is that I never ordered Wraith, since it showed up as out of stock when I placed the order for the rest.

BlueSnags
10-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Got my Joe Wave 10 HTS order today too - the figures are awesome, especially Croc Master and the Para-Viper.

-Snags

Commtech
10-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Just when the new millenium falcon had joined my top 10 list of awesome toys of all time, today I received via UPS what I believe is the best Batman toy/figure EVER!!! The Ban Dai Batman and Batpod. This thing is unbelievable! I still have not found the Mattel Target exclusive Batpod, but after receiving this better version, I don't care if I ever find it. I got it from ebay at the lowest price I was able to find which was $98 shipped from an american seller 2 weeks ago. Batman has many points of articulation and the Batpod is made mostly of diecast. I highly recommend it. It was worth every penny. Here are some pictures (sorry for the bad lighting):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/Batman%20DK%20BAN%20DAI/DSC00841.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/Batman%20DK%20BAN%20DAI/DSC00835.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/Batman%20DK%20BAN%20DAI/DSC00836.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/Batman%20DK%20BAN%20DAI/DSC00826.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/Batman%20DK%20BAN%20DAI/DSC00839.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/Batman%20DK%20BAN%20DAI/DSC00825.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/Batman%20DK%20BAN%20DAI/DSC00827.jpg

stillakid
10-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Just ordered (pre-ordered I guess) some of the new Build A Droid figs at Hasbro Toy Shop this morning.

Still missing some droid parts, so hoping to complete a couple more. Is there an SSG Build A Droid support group available for part swaps?

Commtech
10-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Stashed another shield generator 4 pack at Target. Pm me if interested.

Maradona
10-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Several new Star Wars and GI Joe figures are available at HTS. The MDCREW code still works.

Chaddymac
10-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Several new Star Wars and GI Joe figures are available at HTS. The MDCREW code still works.
How much are the figures at retail? I sincerely can't remember it's been so long since I bought them there.

Mvader91
10-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Got 2 boxes from HTS today. One of them had Mutt, Croc Master, Bazooka Trooper, Tiger Duke, Para Viper (AMAZING!) and Oddball. The other box had Wraith. Both boxes were the same exact size. The funny thing is that I never ordered Wraith, since it showed up as out of stock when I placed the order for the rest.
Sounds like I received the same box you did. Didn't order wraith, they sent me one anyway! Sweet

figrin bran
10-24-2008, 10:36 PM
How much are the figures at retail? I sincerely can't remember it's been so long since I bought them there.

SW figures are still 6.99 at Target and TRU and 6.64 at WM. For Joes, I forget, especially since Target had a price drop but might have raised them back up again.

Chaddymac
10-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Thanks. Makes it easy to avoid preordering from HTS.

Maradona
10-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks. Makes it easy to avoid preordering from HTS.

The MDCREW code takes 20% off the price. Some figures on HTS are 7.99, some are 6.99. If you buy enough of them at once, the code makes it worthwhile and you end up paying less than retail apart from avoiding tax and shipping. For buying just a figure or two, shipping eats it up a bit. Since I prefer having them shipped to driving around searching (though I usually still have to anyway), I always order from HTS when I can.

toonimator
10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Went up to Santa Clarita/Valencia to make the WM rounds... got the Anakin/STAP BP (hurray for SA CW Anakin! Even if one shin's warped from the rubber bands...)

The big WM had me debating a LOT of choices since they had several things I wanted; ultimately settled for cheap TLC Indy and ROTLA Sallah since they were under $6 each, a Halo Elite, and TF Universe Sideswipe. They had one Ironhide, but even in package he looked badly transformed... but the robot mode looks very nice on the back! Passed up a couple big Hulk Legends figures I kinda wanted, and even left the A-wing for now. 2nd WM didn't have much different, but their TF Universe figures were still full price, not the Deluxe rollback of $7.77 that the animateds & universe have at other stores. Of course, they ALSO had a bunch of TAC still, $6+.

The TRU at Stevenson Ranch (skipped that WM) had a pretty severe case of scummery. FOUR of the STAP Attack BPs were missing one STAP and the SBD, with the missing STAP's pilot badly placed in the SBD's tray. The douchebag arranged all 4 so the tray-pilot was on the right, with the one remaning STAP next to him... leaving a TON of empty space. I showed it to an employee right there unloading ARC-170s, and he said "Yeah, I know..." but was shocked when he saw there were FOUR like it. There was even a regular one for comparison!

Mvader91
10-25-2008, 09:15 PM
SW figures are still 6.99 at Target and TRU and 6.64 at WM. For Joes, I forget, especially since Target had a price drop but might have raised them back up again.
Must be nice, they are still 7.99 here in Indy!:mad:

figrin bran
10-26-2008, 12:12 AM

Oops! I should have said "6.99" and not "7.99"! Wishful thinking on my part!

toonimator
10-26-2008, 02:43 AM
You got 'em mixed up again there ;)

At the Target in Santa Clarita, TLC and CW figures are $6.64 or something (under 7 anyway) while Saga Legends are $7.99

Tycho
10-26-2008, 03:03 AM
I saw the tank scene battle pack from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Pretty cool. I haven't bought those figures and the battle packs are kind of tempting because I could get everyone I'd want for a screen scene. But I didn't have too much trouble resisting.

I'm all about Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers (very selectively), and Terminator. I think I won't complicate saving any more display space in my dream home with any other new toy licenses. (Otherwise, I'd be all over Hot Toys Batman stuff in a heartbeat.)

stillakid
10-28-2008, 03:41 AM
When in the area, I'll usually stop at the TRU on Jefferson where it meets Sepulveda. But is is GONE. Under construction or something.

So I went to the Target next door-ish and picked up the new STAP two-pack. Cool little set.

JediTricks
10-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Target West Hollywood had the Bunker Ambush battle pack, I didn't stash it, honestly I was going to buy it for myself but when I got to the register I took a harder look and got disgusted with what was supposed to be passing for $22 (that R2 is especially heinous).

They also had Titanium Hailfire Droid and Droid Gunship, plus that wave's repaints.

And a bunch of different basic figure clone repaints.

toonimator
10-28-2008, 01:15 PM
When in the area, I'll usually stop at the TRU on Jefferson where it meets Sepulveda. But is is GONE. Under construction or something.

So I went to the Target next door-ish and picked up the new STAP two-pack. Cool little set.
Gone? I was there last month. Under construction, heavily, but still open for business. Very bizarre atmosphere inside... it's where I saw piles of TLC Wave 2 on the pegs, which I hadn't seen in substantial numbers at ANY store. But you would think it was boarded up from outside; I think the Exit was the only entrance at the time.

Didn't know about the Last Crusade BP... I might go for that, since I skipped the only Elsas I ever saw and never saw Vogel. Saw the Raiders & KOTCS BPs at one store over the weekend, and yesterday Burbank Target had the SW BPs. The Titaniums are showing up pretty heavily, too!

RUSHBOY
10-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Stashed a Bo'Mar Monastery battle pack and a Shield generator assault BP at Rosemead Target !! PM me for the info !!

Jango Speck
10-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Burbank TRU's ToysForTots bins are filling up with lots of SW pegwarmers. There are going to be a lot of happy children this season, when they open up all the Mutt Williams' figures I saw in the bin.

bikerscout
10-30-2008, 01:40 AM
can i have their UPCs when they open Mutt? Could u ask them for me speck?

Jango Speck
11-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Found the new Cars Lightning McQueen with the barb-wire and tires- very nice- too bad the cactus and tar versions weren't this good.

By the way, why haven't they released Frank the harvester and that asphalt vehicle yet- those would be great (and much more interesting than the dozens of forklift/helicopter paint variants).

AussieScott
11-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi people, it's been a while...

I've spent the last couple of weeks bashing my head against the ignorant lump of rock otherwise known as Hasbro Toy Shop. I'm only trying to give them my money... not much, I only need 3 things from them... but, despite having both a US mailing AND shipping address, they still call me an "overseas customer" and refuse to do business with me. Either my money's no good, or they already have too much of their own...

In any case I would really appreciate any leads on finding one Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (the red deco), one TAC Legends Obi Wan figure (the one with the headset), and anywhere I can buy the Hasbro collector cases.

Picked up the A-Wing at Wal-Mart Huntington Beach last week... love that ship :) Also saw the Republic Gunship but couldn't justify it at the time. They weren't exacly flying off the shelves though.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. As a note of interest, last year's Target exclusives (the Hoth and Endor Super Battle Packs) have just shown up at the local K-Mart franchise here in Aus ($69, or about $47US). They also have the BMF Falcon for $159 AUSSIE (about $108US last I checked) and the Republic Gunship for about $47US. We're still ripped off something fierce on the figures but we're finally seeing some real "wins" here in the land of Aus! (Most of this stuff was probably imported before the Aussie$ tanked, so it won't last, but...)

bikerscout
11-02-2008, 01:28 AM
not exactly sure, but for the Obi SF w/ring, try the Los Feliz TRU (actual neighborhood is Atwater Village) or the Torrance TRU off of Hawthorne Blvd. i'll try n ask around

AussieScott
11-02-2008, 01:06 AM
not exactly sure, but for the Obi SF w/ring, try the Los Feliz TRU (actual neighborhood is Atwater Village) or the Torrance TRU off of Hawthorne Blvd. i'll try n ask around

Thanks for the response but the one I am after is from the basic vehicle range, the Episode 3 Jedi Starfighter (but not the blue one!)

Paradoxically, store exclusives are easier to get here than the basic range.

Looks like the Obi Wan figure might still be available from the TRU website. There's a few of the starfighters on Ebay but would like to avoid going that route if possible.

Jango Speck
11-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Just got home from my annual Halloween trip to Disneyland. I spent a lot of money, but not as much as I could have. Picked up the set of SW bathtub toys for my kids, got the next wave of Disney/SW action figures (the prequel wave). I have no interest in Disney's Stich character, but couldn't pass up his version of Yoda. Also grabbed a SW Rebel insignia Mickey ears pin. The best thing I found though, was the full set of Muppet/SW figures. Such a deal! While the Disney/SW figs were $9.99 each, the Muppets were $14 for the whole set! The bath toys were equally cheap for the whole set.

Saw all the new Big Figs, but I'm just not interested in prequel stuff that much- not for the high end stuff anyway. Saw a lot of good stuff- commemorative Tiki Room carvings, Mickey Indiana Jones, more SW Hot Wheels- but I just had to pass on all that stuff- gotta stay focused now (and keep some money for my mortgage payment).

Also purged two tubs worth of old figures this weekend- gave my daughter all of my Leia and Padme figs. It was great to watch her rip them out of their cardboard/plastic prisons. Hasbro doesn't have much coming that I'm interested in, and GG is looking lean.

Tycho
11-03-2008, 02:08 AM
I'd like to find the Thrawn and Karrde comic-2-pack. I'm trying to order it online for as close to retail as I can find it. But I'd also like to buy just 1 or 2 more Talon Karrde figures loose. People can keep the Thrawn figures. I have enough 1998's.

I'd also like to find 1 FX-6, 2 new Bail Organas, and 1 Breah Organa.

And if the new Quinlan Vos Comic Pack ships (with Quin as a Jedi), I just want one of those.

Otherwise, there are absolutely NO toys I plan to buy aside from some SideShow Star Wars and Diamond Star Trek that I have on order.

bikerscout
11-03-2008, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the response but the one I am after is from the basic vehicle range, the Episode 3 Jedi Starfighter (but not the blue one!)

Paradoxically, store exclusives are easier to get here than the basic range.

Looks like the Obi Wan figure might still be available from the TRU website. There's a few of the starfighters on Ebay but would like to avoid going that route if possible.

ok. The non-exclusive red ep3 SF, hmmmm..... that might be tough, b/c the last one out was the blue ep3 re-issue. You'll have to get lucky and find a store that has older stock pretty much.

tycho - if you find the thrawn/karrde comic pack, I'll buy or trade the thrawn off ya. Just want him

Tycho
11-03-2008, 03:39 AM
tycho - if you find the thrawn/karrde comic pack, I'll buy or trade the thrawn off ya. Just want him

OK. I've just never seen this pack in stores yet - though I've found most of the rest of this wave.

If the reverse happens, I'll purchase Karrde from others here (1-2 of him only though).

bikerscout
11-03-2008, 03:44 AM
alright, if I find it, i'll sell u my Karrde. If i get multiple Faie/Vos packs I'll sell ya any extra Voses i have as well. That's if I'm lucky enough to even get that pack. That's gonna be gobbled up like slop in the pigs' trough right away

AussieScott
11-03-2008, 03:52 AM
ok. The non-exclusive red ep3 SF, hmmmm..... that might be tough, b/c the last one out was the blue ep3 re-issue. You'll have to get lucky and find a store that has older stock pretty much.

I've checked all the majors and big-boxes... no such luck. I don't know of any specialty or collectors stores that might carry them.

I just always assumed I'd be able to mail-order it if it disappeared from stores. Turns out it's not that simple... looks like Commtech has a spare, if I'm able to arrange a meet-up. Now if I could only find the protective cases at retail somewhere...

CrunchyNug
11-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Finally something to report...found Clone Wars w3 this morning at Target. picked up -

Dooku x2
Ventress x2
Plo Koon x2

stillakid
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Due to a lot of non-organization on my part, I have a lot of duplicates of Star Wars figures that I really don't want to store anymore.

I remember looking for a toy donation place last year and couldn't find one. Can someone please provide information on where to donate "new" unwrapped toys?

sentry
11-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Finally something to report...found Clone Wars w3 this morning at Target. picked up -

Dooku x2
Ventress x2
Plo Koon x2

Ha naturally the day i dont go !!!

Commtech
11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Ha naturally the day i dont go !!!

Ghetto Panorama Target still has them.

sentry
11-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Ghetto Panorama Target still has them.

Sadly my office is now in Hollywood, so i am too far away to look after the 8am run, i will check it out tomorrow! Thanks for the info.