PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Tycho
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
El Puerco is the only scalper I've seen this year, actually.

I guess the economy has turned the tables on those who lived on the fringe (making their living on eBay and what-not).

BlueSnags
04-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I guess the economy has turned the tables on those who lived on the fringe (making their living on eBay and what-not).

Agreed. I'm sure the scalping business has taken a major hit. I don't senese much of a demand for SW stuff these days, even here in the heart of Scalperdom, LA. With the ebay profits disappearing, these "dealers" have only their welfare checks to rely on.

-Snags

figrin bran
04-12-2009, 02:00 PM
At least there is a positive aspect to the $8+ price point on basic figures!

BlueSnags
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
At least there is a positive aspect to the $8+ price point on basic figures!

True dat.

-Snags

sentry
04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I see headphones at target a lot, I like to pretend I am racing him to something so he takes off running full on, then I walk the rest of the way.

Commtech
04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
CT,

Right on. Chef Boyardee is one of my favorite scalper nicknames, right up there with Hootie and Wormser.

You see Boyardee at Burbank TRU lately? I am thinking he finally got s**t-canned.

-Snags

I went the other day and saw wormser only. Haven't seen the Chef in a while. Their main manager (Bill) was transfered to another TRU and I'm guessing the Chef got fired or transfered along with his pal.
Plumber Bob still is a Burbank target regular and as far as I know, Hootie still goes to NoHo, unfortunately.

CrunchyNug
04-12-2009, 11:57 PM
I saw Peg-leg Pete a few times recently. Once at PC WM and the 2nd time at Target. He's still after those Hotwheels.

Tycho
04-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Hey, good to see you CrunchyNug! We had good times back during last July's Midnite Madness, what with AT-TEs and BMFs, V-19s, Homing Spider Droids, Clone Scuba Troopers, and what-not.

And nobody at the store in San Diego that I picked was (at least definitely) a scalper. Let Toys R Us (Prices R Up) deal with those guys. :D

BlueSnags
04-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Ok, so still unaccounted for are:

Jackie Chan
Beautiful Bobby
Blackberry
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dirty Sanchez

Anyone seen those guys lately?

-Snags

Tycho
04-13-2009, 12:17 AM
I haven't heard descriptions of some of these guys, I think:

Beautiful Bobby - I picture Sasha Cohen portraying a gay metro-character.
Blackberry - seems self-evident, but more description could be fun.
Lynyrd Skynyrd - this guy is news to me.

So please give me the lowdown. :D

figrin bran
04-13-2009, 12:52 AM

Jackie Chan
Beautiful Bobby
Blackberry
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dirty Sanchez

-Snags

I think I've seen Sanchez once or twice this year. However, I haven't been hitting LF TRU at opening too often especially since they haven't had any SW figures other than Yarna for most of the year.

Come to think of it, last Saturday, I someone else working the floor at LF TRU besides El Baldy. I wonder if he finally got the axe?

Commtech
04-13-2009, 02:27 PM

Jackie Chan
Beautiful Bobby
Blackberry
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dirty Sanchez

-Snags

Oh, I forgot to mention that Jackie Chan is a Target regular now. He got laid off at work and can now go to Target everyday at opening. Beautiful Bobby is there everyday at opening as well, giving Plumber Bob some competition for "the precious" HotWHeels.

BlueSnags
04-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that Jackie Chan is a Target regular now. He got laid off at work and can now go to Target everyday at opening.

I didn't realize Jackie Chan had a real job at one point. Was it in the fast food industry?

-Snags

Commtech
04-13-2009, 10:36 PM
i didn't realize jackie chan had a real job at one point. Was it in the fast food industry?

-snags

...... Lol!

Jango Speck
04-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Is Chubby13's shop still alive and kicking?

Jango Speck
04-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Selling some maquettes: Animated Roron Corobb, Asajj Ventress, Luminara Unduli and Padawan, and ARC Captain.

Also thinking of selling my full set of ROTS basic figures, MOMC in Hasbro cases.

Did you guys see the new Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade poster by Eric Tan? I really like it, and I have the Raider's version, so I might have to get TOD as well- ouch!

http://erictanart.blogspot.com/2009/04/she-talks-in-her-sleep.html

Jango Speck
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Burbank had some Force Unleashed multi-figure sets today: Vader and Red-striped Stormies and Palpatine w/ Stealth Stormies. Kinda nice, but weren't these at WalMart last year? Not worth $20 per set. I'm done with the video game toys- getting rid of all my FU stuff.

darkagent
04-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey guys, found the new Jabba and Yavin BPs at Target today. They also put out the new Terminator Salvation ans Star Trek toys, which didn't appeal to me at all. Thanks Playmates for saving me cash. :thumbsup:

wampaslayr
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Found the complete set of ESB wave of figures at Valencia Target this morning. No signs of the grey Ugnaught variant or the smooth-faced HRS. I have to admit I was diappointed in the Hoth soldier. Also picked up the Scramble at Yavin Battlepack. That pack is awesome with three new figures plus the transport vehicle. :thumbsup: The price wasn't awesome as Target now charges $23.99 for their Battlepacks. :(

JediTricks
04-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Neither of those variants are in this wave, they are in revision waves down the line.

Why disappointed in the Hoth Trooper?

wampaslayr
04-19-2009, 03:33 PM
In terms of the uniform, it's an approvement from the POTF version. The diappointment is in the legs. This figure is very similar to the mold of the POTF deluxe version with the exception of more articulation in the waist, arms and knees. The legs are molded in order to pose him with the tripod cannon. It would have been better to have a generic trooper with a normal stance. I hope the variant version is better.

BlueSnags
04-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Picked up the Scramble of Yavin and Jabba's Palace battle packs today (Target).

-Snags

figrin bran
04-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I saw Scramble on Yavin and Jabba's Palace as well but balked on the $26 price!

CrunchyNug
04-20-2009, 11:48 AM
I saw Scramble on Yavin and Jabba's Palace as well but balked on the $26 price!

Wow, that's getting a bit high for a BP. Oh well, inflation is awesome isn't it?! I found a few ESB figs this morning at Target. Strangely the Leia was missing, but I only grabbed (1) Hoth Trooper and (1) Ugnaught. It's good to see new stuff for a change.

Tycho
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
I went to my Target and found nothing. Maybe I'll check back later today. But otherwise I'll probably see it later this week.

Jango Speck
04-21-2009, 12:26 AM
OK, the last two waves of Mighty Muggs shipped today from online retailers. If anyone finds these in Burbank, please stash for me or pick up Old Ben and Biker Scout and I'll pay you back.

K M Toydarian
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Will we see these in stores like Target etc.? I was under the impression the were sold online only. I hope to find them at retail so I can just get a couple.
I did buy a dozen or so $5 blank white muggs at Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago, and recently an Indy swordsman at Valley Kmart for $3 so I can make the characters Hasbro won't, in an anticipation of the end of the line.
It's actually the one line I would like to see continue.
I also finally found a jawa this week at Target, so that wave is done, just in time to find the new ESB wave.

BlueSnags
04-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Correct - they are online only. They won't be sold at retail.

-Snags

Jango Speck
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
I thought these were going to be TRU exclusives from now on?

BlueSnags
04-21-2009, 10:50 AM
I thought these were going to be TRU exclusives from now on?

Yeah - going forward (after the two internet exclusive waves) they will be TRU-only.

-Snags

Frank Footer
04-21-2009, 12:13 PM
No Yavin BP at Glendale or Smeagol Rock Targets this AM. There was plenty of Jabba's Palace and a couple Hoth BPs. Basic figures are still in the stone age. Glendale had bursting pegs of new Star Trek, and Terminator stuff.

If anyone can stash a Yavin BP, lemme know! :)

CrunchyNug
04-21-2009, 12:42 PM
If anyone can stash a Yavin BP, lemme know! :)

I saw (and grabbed) one at Sepulveda Target this morning, but that was the only one I saw today. Several of the other Targets I stopped at had the Jabba pack, but that was the only new thing I saw.

Tycho
04-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I got the Yavin Battle Pack at Target today.

They also had Jabba and the AT-TE Clones but I wasn't interested in those.

Jabba looks very under-sized to me. Do you think so too?

Commtech
04-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Anyone got a Hot Toys Battle Damage Arnold Terminator for sale or trade? I need one for my collection. LMK. Thanks!

Jango Speck
04-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Saw the new Terminator and Trek toys at TRU today.

Anybody want to buy a large lot of "Cars" die-cast? I have 1/2 loose and 1/2 MOC.

Ando
04-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know if there is a current discount code for HTS.com?

Chaddymac
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know if there is a current discount code for HTS.com?
Try these:

http://deallocker.com/coupon/hasbrotoyshop.com/

Ando
04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will try them.

BlueSnags
04-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Picked up the new sets of exclusive Mighty Muggs today.

-Snags

mark2d2
04-22-2009, 10:36 PM
I had errands in the valley today, so I hit up a few Targets... North Hollywood and Burbank let me down big time, but then I tried Glendale. BINGO! Fantastic, I scored the last Yavin Battle Pack they had. Nice set. Pretty much a great toy all around -- except for a slightly boring Red Leader who only mildly interests me as he as a totally unpainted neck. Odd thing to screw up on. And this seems to not be an "error" either. Heck, even the box shows an unpainted, orange neck. Strange... The R5 droid and the Transport are both AMAZING... And the Rebel Crew guy was much, much cooler than I had anticipated... Fun set. Best in a while in this format to be sure...

Frank Footer
04-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I had errands in the valley today, so I hit up a few Targets... North Hollywood and Burbank let me down big time, but then I tried Glendale. BINGO! Fantastic, I scored the last Yavin Battle Pack they had.

Drat!

I skipped that store today. Instead, I was skunked at Burbank, both Target & TRU. Los Feliz TRU was assed-out, as well.

I'm guessing this BP is short-packed, but I'm glad people are finding it. With a little luck, I'll get one!

mark2d2
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Drat!

I skipped that store today. Instead, I was skunked at Burbank, both Target & TRU. Los Feliz TRU was assed-out, as well.

I'm guessing this BP is short-packed, but I'm glad people are finding it. With a little luck, I'll get one!

It's well worth the effort of tracking it down, believe me.

figrin bran
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
How much are you guys paying for the Yavin pack? I really did not feel like paying $26+ for it at my local Target the other day so I passed it up for the time being.

BlueSnags
04-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Snagged another Yavin BP tonight at Smeagol Rock Target.

Also picked up a Sarlacc Ultimate BP for $13 (Burbank Target).

-Emperor Snags

Tycho
04-24-2009, 03:57 AM
How much are you guys paying for the Yavin pack? I really did not feel like paying $26+ for it at my local Target the other day so I passed it up for the time being.

They had shelf tags for $21, even though they rang up at $23.

With tax, that's $23 and $26 respectively, but the shelf-price wasn't $26.

Myself and my friend who also collects complained at the same time that the shelves were incorrectly labeled. The cashier gave us the $21 price.

Then I microwaved mine for 2 1/2 minutes before I opened it and sniffed my figures. The removeable helmets were great. One for each side of your nose and you can kind of strap them on to the outside edge of your nostrils. This is great to try in the bathroom when you steam the shower up so the mirror completely fogs over - only you can't see your reflection at the same time you're doing this in order to recognize what a complete idiot you're acting like. Still, it's fun being an idiot sometimes. Take it from me. I'm an idiot all the time. :crazed:

lifeinabox
04-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Target pricing still varies from store to store. The closest one to me has always priced their SW higher and "price dropped" their figures down to $8.49 and everything else is similarly inflated like BP right around $26. Thankfully there are four other Targets within 15 min drive that have "normal" pricing.

JediTricks
04-24-2009, 01:16 PM
In terms of the uniform, it's an approvement from the POTF version. The diappointment is in the legs. This figure is very similar to the mold of the POTF deluxe version with the exception of more articulation in the waist, arms and knees. The legs are molded in order to pose him with the tripod cannon. It would have been better to have a generic trooper with a normal stance. I hope the variant version is better.I didn't realize this had special posing in the legs. That does sound pretty lame.

Jango Speck
04-25-2009, 12:30 AM
If anyone is ordering Mighty Muggs individually from HTS.com, I'd love to combine orders to save on shipping- I really want Old Ben, and maybe a Biker Scout.

Turbowars
04-25-2009, 12:35 AM
If anyone is ordering Mighty Muggs individually from HTS.com, I'd love to combine orders to save on shipping- I really want Old Ben, and maybe a Biker Scout.
Scout is gone

wampaslayr
04-25-2009, 02:08 AM

The Targets in the Santa Clarita area (yes there is a new one in Canyon Country located off the 14 freeway) are pricing the figures at $7.49 each, the comic packs are $12.89 each, and the battle packs are $23.99.

Picked up a CW Kit Fisto at Valencia TRU tonight.

Jango Speck
04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Burbank Urban Outfitters has a ton of Mighty Muggs upstairs- mostly Transformers and GI Joe, but there are some pegwarming SW ones for $9.99. Of note, there are quite a few ANH Han Solo's- I almost freaked when I thought they had a ton of Leia's (a quick eBay profit to be had, but common sense took over when I realized they were GI Joe- white Ninja somethings).

Frank Footer
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Success! Picked up the sole Yavin BP at Glendale -- at 1PM on a Saturday of all times!

The price is definitely a bite. I've been coveting that R5, so they had me hook, line, and sinker. Nice figures and vehicle, IMHO.

Jango Speck
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Went to Lowe's at 8am, so I stepped inside Target. All the usual characters were there, including Plumber Bob and pals. Saw a Yavin BP- not sure why everyone wants these- is it for the "vehicle" inside?

Someone on ebay is selling tons of new Mighty Muggs at $9.99 each plus $6.50 shipping. Looks like the only way I'm gonna get Ben Kenobi.

BlueSnags
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Stashed a Yavin BP at Glendale Galleria Target - if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

-Snags

figrin bran
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Scalper Sanchez sighting at Glendale Target and then Los Feliz TRU this morning.

I got CW Kit Fisto, Jar Jar and the 41st clone from that Target so it seems like he's not even touching anything besides hot wheels nowadays.

mark2d2
04-28-2009, 11:14 PM

I got it for $23.99 I think. Plus tax. It would be great if it were only twenty dollars... That said, for this pack, which I think is a real home run for on OT collector like myself, it was well worth it.

The Transport is just something I thought we'd never ever see. And the droid is, as I guess I keep saying, just a stunning little repaint figure.

Jango Speck
04-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Ordered a set of the new Mighty Muggs. If anyone wants the Hoth Luke for $12, send me a PM. Not sure when it will arrive yet.

JediTricks
04-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Target Culver City had an Ugnaught, Leia, and Needa, plus 2 of the animated Jabba sets. $7.50 for the basics, $24 for the bps.

Needa's right foot articulation is set at an extreme angle, making it kinda hard to work with.

Tycho
04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Hmmph. Figures. I decided not to go out and hunt today. I'll correct that tomorrow, however.

Turbowars
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Went to Lowe's at 8am, so I stepped inside Target. All the usual characters were there, including Plumber Bob and pals. Saw a Yavin BP- not sure why everyone wants these- is it for the "vehicle" inside?

.God I'm happy I don't see people like that anymore!

It's the Droid that most people want then the truck. The sleeper in the pack is the Tec! People are army building them. I think it will be a platform for future troops. No one seems to care too much about the Pilot.

BTW why whats up with the MM Leia? It's selling for a lot?

Jango Speck
04-30-2009, 10:14 PM
BTW why whats up with the MM Leia? It's selling for a lot?

I'm wondering the same thing. I saw plenty of her at retail back in the day, but now she's over $30 on the bay. I had to break down and pay that to get one more for my daughter. I'm surprised they didn't repack her in later waves like they did with 3PO and Han and Boba.

Tycho
05-01-2009, 02:50 AM
I found the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Wave 1 Rev. 2 tonight at Wal-Mart.

In short, they ring up as "Do Not Sell until May 30."

An employee had opened the case (they got 2 in and they were sent out on the stock pallet).

But I did get to look.

I posted reviews on all of the figures in the assortment in the Transformers Energon and Beyond thread.

CrunchyNug
05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
If anyone spots any more CW w5, please stash (especially Kit & 41st Clone). These little guys have eluded me so far.:mad:

figrin bran
05-01-2009, 10:04 PM
If anyone spots any more CW w5, please stash (especially Kit & 41st Clone). These little guys have eluded me so far.:mad:

Will do! I just saw them on Monday too.

Jango Speck
05-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Waiting for my Mighty Muggs to ship- then that's probably the last of them for me. I have decided not to renew my SW Insider subscription- probably should have cancelled a couple years ago.

Stopped by Chubby13's shop yesterday- the SW stuff is really lame, he has nothing current really. Lots of Koto's though for $69 each. The Watchmen figures look really cool though- never saw those at retail.

BlueSnags
05-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I thought Chubby13 was out of business. If he isn't now, he will be soon.

Same with Blast From The @$$. They must be running on fumes right about now...

-Snags

figrin bran
05-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I stashed a Rocket Pack Battle Droid at Eagle Rock Target and a Jar Jar at Pasadena (near Colorado/Lake) Target.

CrunchyNug
05-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I stashed a Rocket Pack Battle Droid at Eagle Rock Target and a Jar Jar at Pasadena (near Colorado/Lake) Target.

Thanks Bran, but I found most of these this yesterday morning, except the GREEN Clone...still looking for that one.

Jango Speck
05-04-2009, 12:36 AM

-Snags

Chubby moved upstairs last year to a much bigger shop.

Commtech
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM

Same with Blast From The @$$. They must be running on fumes right about now...

-Snags

I had a bad experience 3 weeks ago: The a-hole owner from Blast from the @$$ had told me that the Iron Man Hot Toys figures were going to be $160 + tax at his store. Well, when he finally got them, he changed his mind to $200 saying that only the preordered ones were $160 (This, on the very day he had received them). I argued with him that he never mentioned that to me, otherwise I would've put some money down as preorder. He accepted that he never mentioned it, but his justification was that they were going for much more on ebay. He proceeded to show me on his computer the completed auctions and to his amazement, they were going for $150-$160 still. The look on his face was priceless (Imbecile!) He then said: "Well, it's a figure that if I hold on to it for 6 months, it'll be worth a lot of money". What a fu$%ing, fat LOSER!!! To do that to your customers...... arrrggghhhh.... it's the worst thing you can do for your business. I had been buying all of my Hot Toys figures from him in the last 4 years. I'm NEVER buying anything from that place again!!!:mad: (I used to buy from him just to support a local business and because it's nice to have a collectibles shop close to my house)

Anyway, I found my Iron Man somewhere else for less than 160 and no tax.:p

E.

sentry
05-05-2009, 01:47 PM
That dude is a Douche Bag. I find it amazing he is still in business.

JediTricks
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I had a bad experience 3 weeks ago: The a-hole owner from Blast from the @$$ had told me that the Iron Man Hot Toys figures were going to be $160 + tax at his store. Well, when he finally got them, he changed his mind to $200 saying that only the preordered ones were $160 (This, on the very day he had received them). I argued with him that he never mentioned that to me, otherwise I would've put some money down as preorder. He accepted that he never mentioned it, but his justification was that they were going for much more on ebay. He proceeded to show me on his computer the completed auctions and to his amazement, they were going for $150-$160 still. The look on his face was priceless (Imbecile!) He then said: "Well, it's a figure that if I hold on to it for 6 months, it'll be worth a lot of money". What a fu$%ing, fat LOSER!!! To do that to your customers...... arrrggghhhh.... it's the worst thing you can do for your business. I had been buying all of my Hot Toys figures from him in the last 4 years. I'm NEVER buying anything from that place again!!!:mad: (I used to buy from him just to support a local business and because it's nice to have a collectibles shop close to my house)

Anyway, I found my Iron Man somewhere else for less than 160 and no tax.:p

E.Charming, seems like the kind of guy who should be beaten severely.

Where did you get it at that price? I may have to sell something and get it.

Commtech
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Charming, seems like the kind of guy who should be beaten severely.

Where did you get it at that price? I may have to sell something and get it.

Try DJ's Universal Comics on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City. The owner, Kat, is the complete opposite of the Blast from the @$$ loser owner. Unfortunately, at Frank & Son's, the prices have increased at least $180.

JediTricks
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Try DJ's Universal Comics on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City. The owner, Kat, is the complete opposite of the Blast from the @$$ loser owner. Unfortunately, at Frank & Son's, the prices have increased at least $180.
Thanks.

I've totally given up on F&S.

BlueSnags
05-06-2009, 06:13 PM
That guy Kat at DJ's Comics ripped me and Turbo off a few times. He also ripped off Reefer Shark (remember him?). He is a con artist like all the rest - trust me.

-Snags

Commtech
05-06-2009, 11:18 PM
That guy Kat at DJ's Comics ripped me and Turbo off a few times. He also ripped off Reefer Shark (remember him?). He is a con artist like all the rest - trust me.

-Snags

Ah man, sorry to hear that. That's strange. I've had a good experience so far dealing with him. He's sold me stuff below retail price and he doesn't put stuff away to sell later at a higher price to his customers. He's told me he never likes doing that and that's why he rather sell only newly released merchandise.
The problem with small shops is that they treat everyone differently. While they give good prices to some, they want to screw and make it up with the rest of us customers.

JodyB
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM

-Snags

That has to be another person because I also have had nothing but a great experience with Kat... He runs one of the best Comic Shops and is one of the nicest people out there.

But on the other hand Larry at blast from the past has become a crook.. but he has a very poor business model... be buys his stock mostly from F & S... he doesn't scalp at all from the local stores so that's the reason for his very high prices... but yes he does get his SS and Hot Toys from SS Distribution and Hikes the prices as the secondary market goes up making him a crook.

Commtech
05-07-2009, 05:08 PM
That has to be another person because I also have had nothing but a great experience with Kat... He runs one of the best Comic Shops and is one of the nicest people out there.

But on the other hand Larry at blast from the past has become a crook.. but he has a very poor business model... be buys his stock mostly from F & S... he doesn't scalp at all from the local stores so that's the reason for his very high prices... but yes he does get his SS and Hot Toys from SS Distribution and Hikes the prices as the secondary market goes up making him a crook.

He does scalp from local stores, just not in Burbank. I saw him at one time at the Target in Canoga. He was surprised that I saw him there and told me that I had discovered his secret store where he always found good stuff.

JodyB
05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I was a friend of Larry's I guess way before he had that store... used to be a nice guy... I guess owning a "Collectibles Store" really changes ya...

Turbowars
05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Kat is a FN A-hole! All 3 of us bought all our GG stuff from him. So when the ROTS busts came out he told us he would take care of us like he always had. Well when his cases came in he told me he was keeping one for the SDCC and the other was only to be bought as a case only. He told me Blussnags had 1st dibs them Shark them me. Then he said I could have it if I paid right then and there in cash. I said I wonder what my buddy Snags would say to your offer. I basically told him to Fu-k off. So in return he lost 3 very good customers. Birds of a feather flock together don't they loyal DJ comic fans..........:p Oh I don't mean you Ed.

JodyB
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Kat is a FN A-hole! All 3 of us bought all our GG stuff from him. So when the ROTS busts came out he told us he would take care of us like he always had. Well when his cases came in he told me he was keeping one for the SDCC and the other was only to be bought as a case only. He told me Blussnags had 1st dibs them Shark them me. Then he said I could have it if I paid right then and there in cash. I said I wonder what my buddy Snags would say to your offer. I basically told him to Fu-k off. So in return he lost 3 very good customers. Birds of a feather flock together don't they loyal DJ comic fans..........:p Oh I don't mean you Ed.

Well I guess it's all in the way you handle situations like that... Back in the day when I was buying my GG bust and all the busts were from him... One time he sold out of the DV and Yoda busts the day he got them. He explained to me that he got shorted from Diamond and just sold them to the first to come in and grab their order... So instead of telling him to "F Off"... I asked him if he knew of anyone else I would be able to grab them from... and guess what! He called a couple of shops for me locally and found me that set! I didn't pay a premium and I had them later that day! :D

Turbowars
05-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow great story, I guess you didn't read what I just said. This had nothing to do with getting shorted. He had them, knew the Orange Clone was fetching a premium and wanted to make more money on them after he told us the 2 full cases were for us and he would take care of us. In doing so he screwed over Snags and offered the case to me after he had 1st dibs. Now I don't think there was any other way to deal with that other to never buy another thing from him.

JodyB
05-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow great story, I guess you didn't read what I just said. This had nothing to do with getting shorted. He had them, knew the Orange Clone was fetching a premium and wanted to make more money on them after he told us the 2 full cases were for us and he would take care of us. In doing so he screwed over Snags and offered the case to me after he had 1st dibs. Now I don't think there was any other way to deal with that other to never buy another thing from him.

okay... I just thought you might have some stuff wrong with your story... Just I know Kat doesn't have a booth at SDCC and from the sound of the story I thought it was a "Shortage" Situation as well... just knowing how GG is distributed through Diamond.... But I know how many people walk into the comic shop so I don't think Kat's gonna be stressing about losing 3 customers... and knwing how Kat is I don't see him as the type of person that sees $'s when it comes to short packed GG Busts but rather not breaking up the case.

But believe what you want there... Trust no one that runs any type of store as a way to make a living.

Jango Speck
05-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Well, shiite, the ebay auction I won for Mighty Muggs wave 9 was cancelled and the seller is no longer a member of ebay. Don't have a refund yet either.

Anyone have an extra Old Ben or Biker Scout to sell? I'd be willing to trade some figures or vehicles too.

bikerscout
05-11-2009, 05:44 AM
ebay and MM........couldn't have a worse combination. :pleased::p

mtriv73
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Well, shiite, the ebay auction I won for Mighty Muggs wave 9 was cancelled and the seller is no longer a member of ebay. Don't have a refund yet either.

Anyone have an extra Old Ben or Biker Scout to sell? I'd be willing to trade some figures or vehicles too.

If you paid with Pay-pal, they'll give your money back. The same thing happened to me last year the first time I tried to get the kotobukiya X-wing. Start a dispute as soon as you can.

Jango Speck
05-12-2009, 12:11 AM
For some reason, I just found out about the mail-away ark of the convenant for 12" figures. Is this a Sideshow item? Anyone have one to sell or trade?

figrin bran
05-12-2009, 12:32 AM
I thought it was a mail away for Hasbro's 12" Indy line?

Commtech
05-12-2009, 01:03 AM
For some reason, I just found out about the mail-away ark of the convenant for 12" figures. Is this a Sideshow item? Anyone have one to sell or trade?

I don't think it was a mail away. I believe it came with the Sideshow exclusive Toth or whatever the name of the Asian bad guy in the black suit is.

Funny Money
05-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I don't think it was a mail away. I believe it came with the Sideshow exclusive Toth or whatever the name of the Asian bad guy in the black suit is.

Actually, it was a Hasbro mailaway. Every Indy toy figure had a certificate with stickers,.. Just like the SW promo for mailaways. The 12" figs offered up a really cool Ark. I sent off for it and personally, I think it looks better than the Sideshow version. (only seen online) when I receive my SS Toht w/ Ark, I'll let y'all know.
FYI, The 3 3/4 inch figs offered a Crystal Skull Throne w/ alien skeleton and the Action Heroes line offered Indy with horse. Both pretty sweet. Hope this info helps,.. I'm and Indy nerd.

Jango Speck
05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I remember the Hasbro promotion, I just didn't realize the Ark was so big and detailed. Now I've got to find one without paying an arm and a leg.

Funny Money
05-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I remember the Hasbro promotion, I just didn't realize the Ark was so big and detailed. Now I've got to find one without paying an arm and a leg.

It's well worth it. I have noticed in the past that a lot of jerks either opened the 12" in stores to remove stickers or returned them after looting the boxes...:mad: So I'm sure there are plenty out on the scalper market...

Commtech
05-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, there you go. I had no idea Hasbro had that promotion and another version of the ark.

figrin bran
05-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Speck, HTS has that Old Ben Mighty Mugg that you've been asking for.

bikerscout
05-13-2009, 06:52 AM
sorry --i stay up late & just found this out now, but a little birdie told me that AOTC wave is up on HTS for pre-order. Unfortunately they are out of Concept Anakin and Tarados Gon. The other 4 are still in as of 4am tonite. This is the HK-47 wave. (who doesn't care if TW doesn't like him:p)

If HTS pulls that crap they did with TLC wave 4 --"oh we're cancelling orders because the foil markings were incorrect on the cards" (never supposed to be there anyway); subsequently raising the price, then putting them back up --I'm done. F hasbro. That was terrible.

Tycho
05-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I just found the Warthog jet from the Resistance in the Terminator Salvation collection.

I picked up an additional 6" Pike figure from Star Trek and 3 3/4" figure of Spock that I'll need for my Trek dioramas. (such a great movie!)

I want them to make about 20 more different 3 3/4" Trek figures and a handful of 6".

figrin bran
05-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Actually, Concept Anakin and Tarados Gon are up on HTS right now.

BlueSnags
05-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the tip - just pre-ordered the whole wave. Came to $9 a figure after the discount, not too bad. This will be the last wave in Legacy packaging and if history is any indication, will be poorly distributed in stores (actually any Legacy wave is poorly distributed these days).

-Snags

Tycho
05-13-2009, 12:11 PM
I didn't know about a discount *grumble.*

I ordered

3 Owens
3 Berus
1 Typho
2 Tarados

1 Luke ESB
1 Needa
1 Ugnaught
1 CW Super Battle Droid

I think they'll ship them broken down like I have written the two groups above. The first 4 styles aren't in-stock until June it says, the others are there now.

Leia ESB and the first Hoth Rebel (I want 1 of each of them) were sold-out. But you never know what'll turn up in stores. I like hunting anyway, and I might be out looking to replace paint jobs on figures I didn't pick out personally.

Ando
05-13-2009, 12:14 PM
I didn't know about a discount *grumble.*

What is the current discount? Anybody?

BlueSnags
05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
The discount is: SW2009. It only works once, so if you used it once already, you have to create a duplicate account.

-Snags

CrunchyNug
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
I just jumped on the train myself and Pre-orderd a few.

bikerscout
05-13-2009, 11:17 PM
i'm going to have to hunt for Tarados and Anakin in store -unless i pre-order them. Not too worried about Tarados, but Anakin will be a real pain I imagine. Maybe the top pro collectors such as Crunchy and Snags will hook me up!! :lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
05-13-2009, 11:37 PM
i'm going to have to hunt for Tarados and Anakin in store -unless i pre-order them. Not too worried about Tarados, but Anakin will be a real pain I imagine. Maybe the top pro collectors such as Crunchy and Snags will hook me up!! :lipsrsealed:

The scalpers aren't even touching SW figures any longer so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

bikerscout
05-14-2009, 02:06 AM
The scalpers aren't even touching SW figures any longer so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

oh -they'll have the magical timing though --just enough to screw the non-early bird collectors like me. This plus the projection of horrible distribution since this is the last wave, might make Anakin hunting a nightmare. H will be up to their ears in TF that month anyway

JediTricks
05-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Target Pasadena 2-story, I stashed a Marvel Universe Captain America, and an XMOW Iceman. PM for details.

Tycho
05-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I slept in good this morning. (no toy hunting today, that is - though I could go to TRU before they open) Anyway, I fell asleep shortly after getting off the phone with JediTricks. Was that 1am? (He's up late by habit so it's nice to have a friend to call after midnight. By the same token, ringing his phone before noon is like calling him at an obscene hour. It's fun to watch him struggle with jet-lag during Comic Con.)

In the end, I slept until 8:30 this morning - that's 7 1/2 hours of sleep if I really accomplished that!

Here's my theory: you will not age and your body will heal if you sleep 8 hours a night like *should* be normal. And you can order from HTS at this point, pay retail price, and shipping and gas-spent are about an equivalent right now (though some of you know the latest Hasbro discount code).

Anyway, get 8 hours of sleep a night. That along with your toys will prevent or even reverse aging.

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 06:58 PM
TRU Los Feliz had a single Scramble at Yavin BP for $25, plus CW Jar Jar & Kit Fisto & Rocket Battle Droid.

figrin bran
05-16-2009, 09:22 PM
TRU Los Feliz had a single Scramble at Yavin BP for $25, plus CW Jar Jar & Kit Fisto & Rocket Battle Droid.

Not anymore as I bought the Yavin pack. 24.99 to me is better than the 26.39 that Target wants for them.

JediTricks
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Some Targets are back down to $20, and you can believe that this set won't be at any of those.

Glad you got it, sorry I didn't think to stash it for ya, I am still a little flabbergasted at the price of these sets.

Maradona
05-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Found the new Magna Guard and Droid Fighters at Baldwin Park WM. They wouldn't ring up, but the lady working the self check out scanned an AAT twice to charge me after being instructed to do so by the acting manager who took FOREVER to get there. Luckily, it was early in the morning and no one was in line behind me.

Ando
05-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Found the new Magna Guard and Droid Fighters at Baldwin Park WM. They wouldn't ring up, but the lady working the self check out scanned an AAT twice to charge me after being instructed to do so by the acting manager who took FOREVER to get there. Luckily, it was early in the morning and no one was in line behind me.

Nice get! We haven't seen these up here just yet.

bikerscout
05-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Not anymore as I bought the Yavin pack. 24.99 to me is better than the 26.39 that Target wants for them.

that's just highway robbery. And you're not even getting 5 figures/items for that price. (i know that's been discussed millions of times, but i had to say it again anyway)

Tycho
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
I got the Magna Guard Fighter and Vulcher Droid Fighter at Target this morning.

I opened up the first one and am very pleased with what I bought. It's light and simple, but a perfect toy for kids and collectors and it brings more firepower to the Separatist cause. One might worry that the CIS would get overlooked by Hasbro when fascination with the Clone Army is at an all-time high. Such is not the case.

I bought the Magna fighter for IG-88 to use in my Expanded Universe scene from Shadows of the Empire (when he fights Boba Fett in Slave-One over Tatooine with the carbon frozen Han Solo as the prize). However, I might purchase 2 more of these for actual Magna Guards to use in combat against the new Y-Wing which I'll want for Anakin and Ahsoka (and R2D2).

I also got the Enterprise ship at Target. Then took advantage of their Star Trek sale to get some money back from Toys R Us on the bridge and transporter playsets (saved $12 and Target gave me a price guarantee on the figures I bought there, so add $2 more into it for a total of $14).

Toys R Us is having a sale on Terminator toys. The vehicles (most stores only have the Hunter-Killer aircraft) are $15 each compared to $20 regularly. I bought 2 so that could be $10 more in savings. The sale is good through 5-23, but selection might become limited with the movie release later this week.

JediTricks
05-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Tycho, it's "Vulture".

Anyway, glad to hear those are hitting, I am going to pick both up I guess, though I'm not entirely sure of the magna fighter, it looks a bit plain.

BlueSnags
05-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Picked up CW Kit Fisto and the Hoth Rebel Soldier variant (no skirt) at Target today.

-Snags

Turbowars
05-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Cool Snags! Were there any Rancors there?

Question for you Transformer nuts from an old school Transformer nut! Is there any differences between the Masterpiece Prime releases? On e-bay the one that comes with the trailer is a lot more than buying the 2 separate. I remember seeing the Prime at Target and passing. Is the Japanese release better? I think I'm going to start buying the masterpieces. I just hope they make SKY FIRE!

Tycho
05-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Question for you Transformer nuts from an old school Transformer nut! Is there any differences between the Masterpiece Prime releases? On e-bay the one that comes with the trailer is a lot more than buying the 2 separate. I remember seeing the Prime at Target and passing. Is the Japanese release better? I think I'm going to start buying the masterpieces. I just hope they make SKY FIRE!

There were 2 "versions" of the Masterpiece Prime WITHOUT a trailer released in the US.

The first was painted darker and more realistically, and seemed to have "carbon scoring" from battle (very slight - like across his front grill). It looked more metallica (and the body is metallic!) so this is my preferred version. El Chuxter picked him up for me at a Target store, I presume. Prime has got to be my favorite toy I own out of all my toys, btw.

The second release, included a talking display stand and possibly a DVD from the G1 cartoon show. I don't think it was Peter Cullen's voice though. However, I already had Prime at this point and didn't pay too much attention. The figure was probably still made with a metal body, but he was painted closer to the G1 cartoon and hence looked less realistic.

I ended up ordering my seeker jets from Japan, but as far as Optimus goes, I'm truly not sure which version you get.

I've never see the version with his trailer up close and personal, but I might have bought that instead if it were available when I got Prime in 2004. However, the trailer is not always a part you want to display with him anyway. Of course it costs more. You can also order the trailer by itself through some Japanese sources (or eBay) if you want to add it later.

Turbowars
05-24-2009, 10:32 AM
It costing more I mean Prime alone in 100 and then the trailer is 75. If you buy the 2 pack it's like 250.

What about the jets and Grimlock? I see they are accessories for some of them? Like Primes little car and gun. Grimlock has something too right right? How about the jets?

Tycho
05-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I got my jets from Hobby Link Japan (I think) - overseas. I paid about $115 for each of them after shipping, import tax, etc.

The jets just had extra missile packages (to use in jet mode as alternatives to Starscream's nullray cannons) and that professor guy from the G1 cartoon (possibly non-painted) that is non-poseable and can ride in the cockpit.

I'm not sure.

Megatron had the Krimzik character (an energy being), add-on's for the Walther P.38 (but not everything), his blaster and energy mace he used in the 1986 cartoon, his main cannon lights up, and he has a sword.

I didn't buy Grimlock and have no plans to. I'd have gladly paid $200 for a properly scaled one that is larger, not smaller, than Prime or Megatron, but that's not what's being offered. He has a softgoods apron, I've seen in photos, his sword and twin barrelled blaster. You can gather the rest by photographs. But again, in a world where Cybertronians shape-shift to hide their presence, would YOU really transform into a stories-high robotic dinosaur and expect no one to notice?

Turbowars
05-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Oh come on thats not the point. At least not for me. I had all the Dinobots when I was a kid and at least he looks beter that those.

BTW I saw the Prime variants on e-bay. There's the one you have loose for 99 and the 2 pack looks to be the cleaner version for 250. I don't really care which one it is as long as I get the trailer.

Is there any word od future MP releases?

Tycho
05-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Is there any word od future MP releases?

I wish there were. I think the triple changers (Blitzwing, Astrotrain, and the Autobot Springer) would be awesome in Masterpiece representation.

Imagine what they could do with a real, working Constructicon combiner - either based on the original or Michael Bay's! (To build Devastator might cost $600, but the complete payment wouldn't be due at once. We might get 2 vehicles a year or something, making this one of the ultimate toylines to collect for a long term).

JediTricks
05-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Question for you Transformer nuts from an old school Transformer nut! Is there any differences between the Masterpiece Prime releases? On e-bay the one that comes with the trailer is a lot more than buying the 2 separate. I remember seeing the Prime at Target and passing. Is the Japanese release better? I think I'm going to start buying the masterpieces. I just hope they make SKY FIRE!There are 2 US versions, the first version is the "20th anniversary" one, it has chrome parts, metallic paint with a couple weathered spots, and either a black or gray gun. The 2nd version is the "20th DVD movie anniversary" version (commemorating the 20th anniversary of the movie and its dvd release, but comes with no dvd), it has matte paint apps and flat decos with an orangey huge instead of red and no chrome anywhere (not even the eyes, which is a big deal in my book) in order to represent the animated model, comes with blue gun, and an additional stand. The original version is superior, but either is very good.
http://tfu.info/2004/Autobot/20thPrime/optimusprime.htm
http://tfu.info/2006/Autobot/20thDVDOptimusPrime/optimusprime.htm

The Japanese versions are the ones named "Masterpiece". The original is the same as the first one, except no wear paint, and the smokestacks are longer (almost too long). There's a white "Ultra Magnus" repaint of that, and then the regular Prime again with the Trailer. The Trailer itself is ok, a little spartan though, and is lacking Roller. I haven't experienced the trailer, but IMO it's not that useful since this figure is best in robot mode and the trailer isn't that exciting when not connected to a truck.

Be very careful, there are trailers out there in realistic-looking boxes by themselves that don't "transform", they are not the true version which only comes with Prime, they were made by another company, in the lower right corner it says "Just Toys" in orange.

Oh come on thats not the point. At least not for me. I had all the Dinobots when I was a kid and at least he looks beter that those.

BTW I saw the Prime variants on e-bay. There's the one you have loose for 99 and the 2 pack looks to be the cleaner version for 250. I don't really care which one it is as long as I get the trailer.

Is there any word od future MP releases?You can get a used Masterpiece/20th Anniversary Prime for $60 on ebay. If you need the trailer though, the Takara official version is gonna cost you between $200 and $250 (you probably won't get a huge bargain, but you may want to wait until Comic-Con, they had 'em in the dealers area) and it splits down the sides, has sculpted interiors, and that crane thing the original had. Roller was an exclusive and MUCH harder to get.

The Just Toys version came well before it, and is the outside of the trailer with a fold-down door in back, no sculpting inside. From the pics I've seen, it's fair if you don't care about it transforming.

Masterpiece Grimlock is the only thing right now, it just came out, no future plans public yet.

Commtech
05-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey Turbo, I have an extra Masterpiece Skywarp brand new, sealed in the box if you want it. I was going to take it next weekend to Botcon and trade it or sell it but if you want it, it's yours for $85. :thumbsup:

Tycho
05-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I have Skywarp. He's very cool, Turbo.

bikerscout
05-25-2009, 05:54 AM
I have the 20th anniv. MP Prime. One of my favorite overall toys and I stumbled across it at an incredible clearance at Wally. Never really thought hard about getting the trailer, although it would be nice.

I don't have this, but always thought it was awesome -esp. if you're going to get a MP Trailer for Prime - his lil buddie
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TFC10009&mode=retail&picture=in

The scale of MP Grimlock matters not - from all the pics I've seen it looks like one of the best MPs yet. Flat out amazing. Light up sword and gun, switchable eyes in both modes, the chrome gold, g1 cartoon accessories, articulation -the works. If I could afford him, i'd have him by now. All MPs rule. Only got Prime, Megs and Starscream as of now. Highly recommend them.

Turbowars
05-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Turbo, I have an extra Masterpiece Skywarp brand new, sealed in the box if you want it. I was going to take it next weekend to Botcon and trade it or sell it but if you want it, it's yours for $85. :thumbsup:
Interesting. I'd rather get Prime 1st, but........... do you need any SW in trade? GG statues? Carded Unleashed?

Commtech
05-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Interesting. I'd rather get Prime 1st, but........... do you need any SW in trade? GG statues? Carded Unleashed?

Ah.. I need money for Botcon...:)

Turbowars
05-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Ah.. I need money for Botcon...:)
Clear your PM box!

Jango Speck
05-26-2009, 02:07 AM
After getting an Acme giclee for a big discount yesterday, tonight I stumbled upon the Zazzle.com 70% off sale. Grabbed a large sized McQuarrie print of the droids talking to Bib Fortuna in Jabba's tunnel, and a large still from ESB of Luke hanging in the Wampa cave. $25 each with UV mattes, shipped. Not bad.

Commtech
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Clear your PM box!

Done!!!!!!!!!!

bikerscout
05-27-2009, 06:17 AM
pm'ed ya on Rebelscum Commtech. pls take a look. :D

Tycho
05-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Wal-Mart has stocked the first waves of all sizes for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. I posted more details in the Toys/Other/Transformers thread.

figrin bran
05-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Not to be outdone, Target stocked the ROTF toys this morning as well.

bikerscout
05-30-2009, 04:01 AM
Just met up with some people who were at Botcon today (shouts to Ryan over at seibertron.com) -somewhat bad news for those who wanted to collect the first run ROTF toys at the con with exclusive foil packaging. Guy who I was talking to was at the main store or the TF coll. club store and said he saw them issueing 'first day' stickers to slap on the packaging --no special foil print. How lame Hasbro!!! Anyone with those stickers could just buy the line toys at Target or Wally and then put the sticker on. Ultra lame. Glad I'm not collecting these anyway. More details as I hear.

Commtech
05-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Just met up with some people who were at Botcon today (shouts to Ryan over at seibertron.com) -somewhat bad news for those who wanted to collect the first run ROTF toys at the con with exclusive foil packaging. Guy who I was talking to was at the main store or the TF coll. club store and said he saw them issueing 'first day' stickers to slap on the packaging --no special foil print. How lame Hasbro!!! Anyone with those stickers could just buy the line toys at Target or Wally and then put the sticker on. Ultra lame. Glad I'm not collecting these anyway. More details as I hear.

Agree!

Pinche Hasbro!

bikerscout
05-31-2009, 03:17 AM
Lol. I liked your edit Comm. The email reply had a lil different wording. lol
I still haven't seen this 'sticker'. I'll try and take a pic tomorrow. Get well soon dude. :D

All cheeziness aside, when I went into the con for the first time today (rem., it's been 10 yrs.) I got that feeling of "this is TF heaven" Nirvana!! Bliss!! Same feeling I felt for SW at CIV. Can't beat it!!

Jango Speck
06-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Title says it all. MIB, I paid $13.75 shipped.

Jango Speck
06-02-2009, 09:05 PM
My Memorial Day sale Acme poster shipped today. Now just have to wait for Zazzle to ship my stuff.

Zazzle orders have shipped. Guess I'll be going to the frame store next week.

CrunchyNug
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I made a stop at Target this morning...hadn't done that in a while. It was nice seeing heaps of new Transformers filling the shelves. There wasn't much that interested me except for the exclusive Superion. I always loved the buildable Transformers when I was a kid, so I grabbed him.

Anyone know when the buildable Constructicons get released?:thumbsup:

bikerscout
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Anyone know when the buildable Constructicons get released?:thumbsup:

Don't know when but learned at Botcon that they will not have robot modes individually. Only vehicle modes and to form devastator. This isn't so much H's fault as they didn't get the information soon enough/last minute planning with the movie. The next incarnation, they should be able to do everything I'm guessing.

JediTricks
06-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Target Pasadena 2-story and Target Culver City each had a pair of Rancor sets. Bottom shelf. BIIIIG box.

They are releasing MP Skywarp in the US this year, and MP Grimlock probably next year. US Skywarp will have a different, more toy-styled deco than the Japanese version.

Just met up with some people who were at Botcon today (shouts to Ryan over at seibertron.com) -somewhat bad news for those who wanted to collect the first run ROTF toys at the con with exclusive foil packaging. Guy who I was talking to was at the main store or the TF coll. club store and said he saw them issueing 'first day' stickers to slap on the packaging --no special foil print. How lame Hasbro!!! Anyone with those stickers could just buy the line toys at Target or Wally and then put the sticker on. Ultra lame. Glad I'm not collecting these anyway. More details as I hear.That's exactly it, just buy any toy from Hasbro and they'll give you a sticker or 2 to put on whatever you like. They wouldn't give me a sticker on my badge though if I didn't buy anything. :p

Don't know when but learned at Botcon that they will not have robot modes individually. Only vehicle modes and to form devastator. This isn't so much H's fault as they didn't get the information soon enough/last minute planning with the movie. The next incarnation, they should be able to do everything I'm guessing.That's not why they didn't put bot modes in. They said it was because the Ultimate Devastator set they wanted it to be as big and solid and playable, so no bot modes. And then the regular figures, adding merge parts would have compromised their looks or made them too big for their pricepoints. IMO, both answers are unacceptable, but them's the breaks.

bikerscout
06-05-2009, 05:19 AM
oh, you mean this?? (see pic)

u never said u went to botcon Mr. Jeditricks. :thumbsup: Cool that u did. Right now this pic is a SSG exclusive, this was only put out on Sun. & i think the top sites missed it. Hah! I got it!

U r right about the ultimate devastator JT, but I still think they didn't have enough time even if they wanted

Sean the Hutt
06-06-2009, 01:19 AM
New Rancor...found at Escondido target.

JediTricks
06-06-2009, 03:12 AM
oh, you mean this?? (see pic)No, I mean this:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37922
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37921
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37920
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37913
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37909
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37908
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37907
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37906
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37898
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37786
(you don't really need to click 'em all, they don't say anything new, just wanted to show that I shot the hell out of this piece ;) ).

u never said u went to botcon Mr. Jeditricks. :thumbsup: Cool that u did. Right now this pic is a SSG exclusive, this was only put out on Sun. & i think the top sites missed it. Hah! I got it!I said in advance I was going, but I think only in the TF thread. They put it out on Saturday after the panel: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3097

Sorry I didn't get to see ya there.

U r right about the ultimate devastator JT, but I still think they didn't have enough time even if they wantedConceptually, I think they could have had all the time in the world, and they would have kept this underwhelming Tonka-styling because they're trying to get the kid dollar with this turkey of a set.

bikerscout
06-07-2009, 03:06 AM
never cruise the TF section here, sorry. (Enough on scum and seibertron).

always tryin to 1-up me, huh JT? :lipsrsealed: :D

my pics were better anyway :p

Didn't know they put it out Sat. I just hadn't seen any other photos circulating around. What sux is that they didnt have 2 (for both modes). A definite must buy for me. I love how H lazied out and didn't turn the 'feet' around. No limits to Hasbro's laziness. lol.

Tycho
06-07-2009, 04:27 AM
I made a successful toy run with JT tonight.

I got Legends Optimus Prime, Medical Frigate Leia, Bearded Hoth Rebel Soldier, and an extra Utopau Clone Trooper, plus one of my favorite movies (Daniel Craig and Leiv Schreiber in) Defiance was on sale at Wal-Mart for $14.

Jango Speck
06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Saw lots of Comic Pack exclusives at WalMart in Oceanside (San Diego) this weekend. Either they just went out, or no one wants those things.

Tycho
06-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Probably no one wants these.

My Wal-Mart has a lot of Jannik Sunber (Tank) vs. Amanan, and the occasional Rogue Squadron alien pilots. The Ewoks sold through though (I think).

In addition (at all stores) Leia and Xizor are sitting bad, as are (inronically) Thrawn and Karrde.

I think Luke and Deena Shan finally sold for the most part.

This all does not bode well for those of us wanting the Yuuzhan Vong with Kyle Katarn and the upcoming Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun.

Oh, and Leia (with Xizor) is not short, but scaled correctly to Carrie Fisher who is around 5 feet tall or so. Older Leia figures we became accustomed to were all the wrong height (new likeness, original Slave Leia, Yavin Ceremony, etc.) But her larger ankles (Hasbro said was necessary to articulate her there - for heck knows what reason?) also detract from the figure. You'd think the cleavage would be a selling point, though?

bikerscout
06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Can I ask all you top pro collectors a favor?? If in your TRU travels you see a TF:ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe could u stash please?? Thanks a ton!!!! :thumbsup:

Jango Speck
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Indy and the Staff of Kings streeted today- if anyone gets a copy, let us know how it looks/sounds/plays, especially the Wii version.

figrin bran
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Can I ask all you top pro collectors a favor?? If in your TRU travels you see a TF:ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe could u stash please?? Thanks a ton!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm not "top pro" so you weren't talking to me, right? :p

Do you mean this week only when they're on sale for 7.99 or from now to whenever?

Los Feliz TRU was completely sold out of deluxes Sunday afternoon so that won't be a viable option.

JediTricks
06-09-2009, 10:50 PM
never cruise the TF section here, sorry. (Enough on scum and seibertron).

always tryin to 1-up me, huh JT? :lipsrsealed: :DWell, I am the man. :p

my pics were better anyway :pTell that to the other 500+ pics I took for the show.

Didn't know they put it out Sat. I just hadn't seen any other photos circulating around. Like I said, I am the man.

What sux is that they didnt have 2 (for both modes). A definite must buy for me. I love how H lazied out and didn't turn the 'feet' around. No limits to Hasbro's laziness. lol.I studied it a little harder in person on Sunday, it appears to be a rather quick hand-painted job not suitable for transforming. My guess is they haven't even locked in the bot mode deco. I can't imagine them actually using metal stickers again for the wings, not after this many years. They are the masters of lazy.

I made a successful toy run with JT tonight.

I got Legends Optimus Prime, Medical Frigate Leia, Bearded Hoth Rebel Soldier, and an extra Utopau Clone Trooper, plus one of my favorite movies (Daniel Craig and Leiv Schreiber in) Defiance was on sale at Wal-Mart for $14.
Hmm, must be hallucinating again, T, that never happened. ;) You didn't mention the orange Clone was the CW version. Not that I'd know, as I wasn't there. :crazed: And I didn't pick up Hoth Rebel and Luke medical frigate. :p

Can I ask all you top pro collectors a favor?? If in your TRU travels you see a TF:ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe could u stash please?? Thanks a ton!!!! :thumbsup:This figure is the most common one in the line at this point, shouldn't need any stashing at all. They learned from the 2007 Bumblebee debacle.

bikerscout
06-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Well, I am the man. :p

That's debateable. :rolleyes: :razz:

Tell that to the other 500+ pics I took for the show.

U may have the quantity, but that doesn't mean quality. :p just j/k

This figure is the most common one in the line at this point, shouldn't need any stashing at all. They learned from the 2007 Bumblebee debacle.

I haven't been to all the stores, but I'd say Sideways is more prevalent, not Sideswipe. I did manage to find one at LF TRU today. They had a crap ton of Sideways, about 5 sideswipes, the bulldozer (Scavenger?), and the autobot camo airplane. No need to stash anymore --thanx to everyone who accepted the call. Sideswipe will be my 2nd Movie figure/new era fig overall and first deluxe. Bought Ultimate BB 2 yrs. ago. I hate Hasbro b/c I transformed the Sideswipe in the play area @ Botcon and that made me want him. He was sold out though by the time i realized this. Glad I waited for TRU's sale though. I think they wanted $13 at the club store. If I have any complaints about the con, it'd be that I wished H were selling the toys direct. The club store inflated the price on all the brands.

JediTricks
06-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Sideswipe is even-packed with Sideways at 2 per case in his first wave, so Sideways would be more findable from that, but Sideswipe continues to be multi-packed throughout several more assortments between wave 2's revisions and wave 4's revisions, while Sideways gets slowed and dropped at wave 4. From what I've seen, they started about even, Sideways sold slower, but now as you see more Wheelie and them, Sideswipe is back up.

Yellow Dozer is "Rampage". Most folks love him, I called him an authentic epic failure. The jet is Breakaway, and I LOATHED him when I played with him at the convention, but he has a few fans.

The club store's prices were all MSRP, $8 for Scouts, $13 for Deluxes, etc..., but $13 for deluxes is the MSRP.

Jango Speck
06-11-2009, 12:45 AM
I need to raise some cash this summer, so among other things, I'm selling my sealed Endor AT-AT from TRU. I paid $100 retail, and that's all I'm asking.

2009 sure seems quiet for collecting- I guess SDCC will be the big event. Sorry to say I won't be making the long drive down this year.

I have yet to find any recent figure waves in Burbank...but of course I'm not hittin' stores everyday.

Jango Speck
06-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Was planning on getting my Acme and Zazzle stuff framed today, but Quick Frame on Los Feliz wouldn't answer the phone- anyone know if they've gone out of business (god forbid)?

bikerscout
06-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Sideswipe is even-packed with Sideways at 2 per case in his first wave, so Sideways would be more findable from that, but Sideswipe continues to be multi-packed throughout several more assortments between wave 2's revisions and wave 4's revisions, while Sideways gets slowed and dropped at wave 4. From what I've seen, they started about even, Sideways sold slower, but now as you see more Wheelie and them, Sideswipe is back up.

Yellow Dozer is "Rampage". Most folks love him, I called him an authentic epic failure. The jet is Breakaway, and I LOATHED him when I played with him at the convention, but he has a few fans.

The club store's prices were all MSRP, $8 for Scouts, $13 for Deluxes, etc..., but $13 for deluxes is the MSRP.

at Burbank target there were a lot of Sideways and only one Sideswipe. After a while he might pegwarm, but not now I don't think. Heck, Swipe's sales might increase after the movie. Also, a crap ton of Leader megatron's but no Primes @ that store.

i knew $13 is msrp for Deluxe. I was referring more to the Hall of Heroes Joes they had. They wanted 12 a piece for them and $100 for a case of 10. I just wanted a few, -didn't want to pay their price. At least the shirt prices were reasonable.

Jango Speck
06-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Was going to sell my POTF remote control biker scout, but decided to open it. This thing looks just as good as a GG statue, so I'm keeping it- on display! I might clip the antenna, but for now it looks great! The remote is a great prop too, so I might remove that antenna.

Taking a poll: I have both the GG Tauntaun statues, but need some space, so I'm considering selling Luke or Han. I'm a big Harrison Ford fan, so I might sell Luke, but I like the standing Tauntaun pose (with Luke), over the running pose (with Han). Anyone have a preference?

lifeinabox
06-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Someone cleared out the Torrance TRU today. I was there ten minutes before closing last night and pegs were full of Deluxe figures (including multiples of Sideswipe, Rampage and Breakaway). I'm not too enthused about these figs and figure there would be plenty of left later on. Came back this afternoon with my son and the pegs were empty except for multiples of Sideways. Nothing else in site. Crazy but I guess scalpers move fast.

bikerscout
06-12-2009, 05:44 AM
Was going to sell my POTF remote control biker scout, but decided to open it. This thing looks just as good as a GG statue, so I'm keeping it- on display! I might clip the antenna, but for now it looks great! The remote is a great prop too, so I might remove that antenna.

Taking a poll: I have both the GG Tauntaun statues, but need some space, so I'm considering selling Luke or Han. I'm a big Harrison Ford fan, so I might sell Luke, but I like the standing Tauntaun pose (with Luke), over the running pose (with Han). Anyone have a preference?

pic of the remote Biker scout Jango??

hindsight is 20/20 - sorry that happened to ya lifeinabox. Good luck hunting.

Jango Speck
06-16-2009, 12:48 AM
I'll get some pix out in a couple of weeks- still going through stuff to sell or display. Just opened up my POTF Tatooine Skiff- itsa nice! Glad I didn't waste money on the Legacy version.

It would be so nice if SS or GG would do a Sail Barge and Skiff scaled diorama someday.

Tycho
06-16-2009, 12:56 AM
It would be so nice if Hasbro made a Sailbarge for the 3 3/4" figures some day.

The Republic saved Jabba's son in the Clone Wars movie which caught a gimpse of the Sailbarge (or Jabba's old one - looking just like his new one). With this victory, Anakin helped secure the Hutt's permission to use hyperspace lanes through Hutt space to move the Clone Troopers.

Thus, season 2 of CW could incorporate the Sailbarge to bring up "kiddie support."

I know: Anakin can hide his lightsaber iniside R2D2 and Ahsoka can wear nothing but a bikini and get chained to Jabba the Hutt's throne. Gee whiz. Where did I get that original idea from?

Or better yet: Ventress can wear the bikini and Count Dooku can hide his lightsaber inside General Grievous who will be serving drinks (4 at a time of course) on Jabba's Sailbarge.

That way it will look like Jabba trades up for Leia and R2D2.

Jango Speck
06-16-2009, 01:03 AM
I think the Hasbro option is a dead horse- and since I'm done with new Hasbro, premium stuff is what I'm after.

Sean the Hutt
06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
hi, found some target exclusives. remote control droids! I bought r5, and the red one. Left r2. There appears to be an imperial droid as well.though I did not see it. Pretty cool . I was not expecting these.

figrin bran
06-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Burbank based collectors, there is a Marshall's a few stores down from Burbank Target, correct?

Tycho
06-17-2009, 01:05 AM
hi, found some target exclusives. remote control droids! I bought r5, and the red one. Left r2. There appears to be an imperial droid as well.though I did not see it. Pretty cool . I was not expecting these.

Ours have been pegwarming at my Target in San Diego for several weeks I think.

Sean the Hutt
06-17-2009, 01:14 AM
I think Escondido has questionable employees. I rarely see new things here. Though, I don't look as much. They are a bit spendy, but a good idea overall. lights would have been cool. Hope you are feeling well Tycho. My friend had to join the kidney doner list for the second time in 9 years.

Tycho
06-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Do you mean kidney RECIPIENT list? He or she is waiting for a new kidney, right?

They had a transplant already? That didn't get them too far, I take it?

What was the situation? I wish them the best and offer them the chance to contact me if they want to. PM me for those details.

Sean the Hutt
06-17-2009, 05:50 AM
oops,that is what I meant. She received a kidney from her mother. 9 years ago.
I guess it is at 20 per cent. chronic rejection. I thought of you, this forum. I am thinking of getting tested, but I am the wrong blood type. I will get tested anyway. I can not say if I could actually go through with it. Then again, I can not say I wouldn't either

bikerscout
06-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Burbank based collectors, there is a Marshall's a few stores down from Burbank Target, correct?

i'm not 100% sure on this (and i feel like an idiot b/c i was just there yesterday) but I think that Marshall's is closed. The shoe store closed late '08/early '09 and i think Marshalls did too. TW and commtech could probably verify this.

oh yeah, Brbk Target had Joe stuff on clearance yesterday - comic packs, 3.75" figs and vehicles. They had a rattler on sale for 17.50 approx. If you've been wantin this, go grab it now, only one. Original blue paint job. I think figs were 5.40 or sumthin like that

Tycho
06-17-2009, 08:36 AM
oops,that is what I meant. She received a kidney from her mother. 9 years ago.
I guess it is at 20 per cent. chronic rejection. I thought of you, this forum. I am thinking of getting tested, but I am the wrong blood type. I will get tested anyway. I can not say if I could actually go through with it. Then again, I can not say I wouldn't either

Yeah, rejection is always a danger. It's expected to crop up occasionally. Obviously her mother is a lot older than she is while BobaFrett and I are closer in age, but it worries me. I vowed to take great care of his tremendous gift. Your heart is in the right place to offer to your friend. There are also switch transplants where you give your kidney to another recipient who has a willing donor that they do not match, but does match your friend. Her hospital can coordinate this.

Sean the Hutt
06-17-2009, 02:58 PM
I thought of just going on the list. My problem is that I lived in England for a few years in the 80's/ ergo I was exposed to mad cow disease. I was told I am not allowed to even give blood here! That may have changed, but I don't think so. Again. I hope you are doing well.
I have to go to Vancouver, so I am missing comic con...again. If you can get me that Luke with the ladder, I will pay for one of yours. If you are up to it. No worries otherwise. I am sure there will be another battle pack with the ladder thrown in. I also have to order a couple of those clone war y wings. I don't care what they cost!

Tycho
06-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh, so far as I know, there are no Comic Con exclusives (for any line) that I am getting in any other line for.

I definitely go to Con for the panels (where they talk about upcoming toys, movies, TV shows, etc.), plus I live in San Diego, so it's not like it's inconvenient.

Plus it's a lot of fun to see everyone and visit with girls dressed like Slave Leia. :D

JediTricks
06-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Burbank based collectors, there is a Marshall's a few stores down from Burbank Target, correct?Yup.

i'm not 100% sure on this (and i feel like an idiot b/c i was just there yesterday) but I think that Marshall's is closed. The shoe store closed late '08/early '09 and i think Marshalls did too. TW and commtech could probably verify this.I thought that was the Linens & Things next door to Marshalls. You could be right though, it's been a while since I was at the Empire Center.

figrin bran
06-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the input about Burbank Marshall's. I'll probably try another closer location however. The G.I. Joe Best of the 80's MASS Device set #5 has been found there, hence the interest in store locations.

JediTricks
06-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the input about Burbank Marshall's. I'll probably try another closer location however. The G.I. Joe Best of the 80's MASS Device set #5 has been found there, hence the interest in store locations.
There's one in Glendale at the Marketplace (Broadway at Brand, across from the Galleria), one in Studio City on Ventura just before the 101/170 change, one in West Hollywood at the Beverly Connection (the smaller mall across from the Beverly Center), and of course one at the Burbank Empire Center. However, basically, you and I live in an area that is devoid of stores. Target, TRU, WM all are just outside the normal close travel distance for us in east Hollywood.

Turbowars
06-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Anyone going to the SDCC that can help me with a GG Concept Boba Fett?

CrunchyNug
06-18-2009, 09:44 PM
I hear you Bro. That Black Hole Stormtrooper looks sweat too. Sorry I can't help you out this year, gotta get me some Fett.

figrin bran
06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
There's one in Glendale at the Marketplace (Broadway at Brand, across from the Galleria), one in Studio City on Ventura just before the 101/170 change, one in West Hollywood at the Beverly Connection (the smaller mall across from the Beverly Center), and of course one at the Burbank Empire Center. However, basically, you and I live in an area that is devoid of stores. Target, TRU, WM all are just outside the normal close travel distance for us in east Hollywood.

JT, I think the one in the Glendale Marketplace is only a Home Goods and not a regular Marshall's store. And I actually consider Los Feliz TRU, West Holly Target, Glendale Target to be close travel distance. :p

Turbowars
06-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I hear you Bro. That Black Hole Stormtrooper looks sweat too. Sorry I can't help you out this year, gotta get me some Fett.
Thats cool, all of a sudden everyone is a GG collector. :hurt:

bikerscout
06-20-2009, 08:23 AM
So the Marshalls IS still open in Brbk Empire center??

figrin bran
06-21-2009, 01:06 AM

I don't know. But I went to the Beverly Connection location and found the G.I. Joe Best of the 80's set so I don't need to scour Marshall's locations any longer.

JediTricks
06-21-2009, 01:27 AM
JT, I think the one in the Glendale Marketplace is only a Home Goods and not a regular Marshall's store. And I actually consider Los Feliz TRU, West Holly Target, Glendale Target to be close travel distance. :pClearly you enjoy driving 20 minutes in any direction. ;)

bikerscout
06-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't know. But I went to the Beverly Connection location and found the G.I. Joe Best of the 80's set so I don't need to scour Marshall's locations any longer.

ooh, what's in that?!? :squareeye

got my HTS order yesterday for AOTC wave. However, concept Anakin and Tarados weren't available when i ordered. If anyone comes across them and/or has extra BAD parts from those guys, plmk. I need both arms for HK-47. Thanks a ton!!!!!

Tycho
06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
I got Transformers Del Wave 3 (Ravage et. all) and Voyager wave 3 (MixMaster etc) from Wal-Mart.

I got AOTC figures from HasbroToyShop (delivered already).

I got food from Ralph's - partially eaten already.

Chaddymac
06-21-2009, 06:26 PM

Is that the last MASS device set? And were there any left?

figrin bran
06-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Clearly you enjoy driving 20 minutes in any direction. ;)

Clearly I do! :p

Is that the last MASS device set? And were there any left?

Yes, that's Mass Device set #5 and unfortunately it was the only one of those that they had. That location had tons of 1 and 2 but only one each of 3, 4 and 5.

sentry
06-21-2009, 09:59 PM

I am pretty sure it is, The sign was still up yesterday, and the ones that closed signs were gone. But I have not been in there, so I can not say for sure.

bikerscout
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I got food from Ralph's - partially eaten already.

I'm so mad. I pre-ordered from them and didn't get the exclusive!!

Bran -- what does this set #5 look like?? I've never seen pix of it. Just curious

Chaddymac
06-22-2009, 01:40 PM

Bran -- what does this set #5 look like?? I've never seen pix of it. Just curious
And I am none-too-happy about the fact that I invested in completing that damn device and then they short sold me on the final piece.

SOBs.

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 02:34 PM
And I am none-too-happy about the fact that I invested in completing that damn device and then they short sold me on the final piece.

SOBs.
Cobra strikes again! COOOOOOOOBRRRRRAAAAA!!!!!

bikerscout
06-23-2009, 12:47 AM

SOBs.

Lol. My first statement was about Ralph's!!!!! lol

figrin bran
06-23-2009, 02:04 AM

How about if I pull a "Masterpiece Grimlock" on you and not provide any photos? :p :twisted: :D It looks like the other Mass Device box sets but this one comes with Alpine, Cobra Trooper, a horrible looking Duke w. jet pack, and Cobra Commander with a CLAW. Mainly people want it for the beam emitter for the Mass Device.

On a Star Wars note, the HK-47 figure is pretty awesome. Even without ball joint shoulders, he is extremely poseable.

Turbowars
06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Anyone see a Leader Jetfire in stores yet? I can't believe he combines with Prime.

bikerscout
06-24-2009, 03:15 AM
thx Bran. It's amazing how many people say they have MP Grimlock, but won't show pics. Many people including me, don't have him yet.

My HK is only 67% complete. I need the arms badly. If anyone finds concept Anakin & Tarados and doesn't need the BAD parts plmk. Don't need tarados, just the BAD part. Thnx!!!!!

Tycho
06-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Hmmm. I bought 2 Tarados (from HasbroToyShop) but I didn't want Anakin.

I wonder if I can build the droid with 2 of the same arms? One of them will be backward of course, but I'm just going to use him as background filler as I'm not a HK-47 fan.

bikerscout
06-24-2009, 06:57 AM
i'll buy that HK arm off ya!!!!!! <raises hand> (ironically)

plmk!!

glad i checked my mail just now, was gettin ready to go to bed

Chaddymac
06-24-2009, 08:50 AM
On that note, I'm looking for Ep 2 Obi-Wan to complete my silver protocol droid. Also, it would be nice to have an ep2 Obi that didn't suck.

Tycho
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
That new Ep 2 Obi-Wan is the best there is - but not better than the job Hasbro did for the E3 "Red Leader" Obi-Wan in 2005. That was a great figure!

(I base that on the likeness to Ewan McGreggor)

Chaddymac
06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
That new Ep 2 Obi-Wan is the best there is - but not better than the job Hasbro did for the E3 "Red Leader" Obi-Wan in 2005. That was a great figure!

(I base that on the likeness to Ewan McGreggor)
Tycho - agreed. Still, I need a great Ep. 2 Obi.

Chaddymac
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
On that note, I'm looking for Ep 2 Obi-Wan to complete my silver protocol droid. Also, it would be nice to have an ep2 Obi that didn't suck.
I'm an idiot - I ordered Obi-Wan, but couldn't find the Hoth soldier. So, it's the Hoth solidier I'm looking for.

figrin bran
06-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Hmmm. I bought 2 Tarados (from HasbroToyShop) but I didn't want Anakin.

I wonder if I can build the droid with 2 of the same arms? One of them will be backward of course, but I'm just going to use him as background filler as I'm not a HK-47 fan.

That's only because you never played any of the KOTOR games. Everyone that has played them loves HK-47, the most diabolically hilarious character in the SW Universe. HK can take on your movie Decepticons and emerge victorious. :p

Thanks to his ball jointed elbows, you could indeed build him with two of the same arms.

CrunchyNug
06-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Was surprised to find the last wave of figures this morning at Target. There was one case w/ Concept Ani, Owen, Beru...etc. It was the assortment w/ Jango, Clone Pilot, & Blue ARC Commander. I had to grab a few of those. There was a Hoth Trooper too.

Found some GI Joe Jets on clearance for $12. Couldn't resist those either.

JediTricks
06-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Anyone see a Leader Jetfire in stores yet? I can't believe he combines with Prime.He's just now starting to appear in stores, he's the second wave of leader-class asst. And he combines by becoming armor around Prime, there are a few pics out there but I can't remember where.

EDIT: I am dumb, I had one in my computer. It even said where it came from, Japanese site www.tf08.net (http://www.tf08.net) . It's attached:

Jango Speck
06-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Bought voyager class Optimus Prime and Ironhide for some nephews and boy do those things suck! They are flimsy, way too complicated, and the instructions are massive. It took three adults (who grew up on original Transformers), over an hour to figure these things out, and some of the pieces snapped off. Luckily, the nephews weren't discouraged- but I was extremely disappointed.

JediTricks
06-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Ironhide is pretty confusing, the way the panels on the torso work and the legs lock into the bed is a pain in the butt, and then rotating all the other stuff around, only to reveal a flimsy robot.

However, Voyager Prime is pretty solid I think, it's a bit complicated to get transformed because of how rigid the order of some stuff has to be, but both modes are solid.

Glendale Target had the new Saga Legends red cards.

Chaddymac
06-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I put in a big order with Hasbro Toy Shop and just received it - and they got every figure I ordered correct.

Should this go in the news section? :)

bikerscout
06-26-2009, 09:42 PM
now i really want some of those movie toys after seein the movie!! I want leader Prime & Megs. They need to make a leader Blackout and SS so we can recreate some battles. Does anyone know if they will?? Is Blackout coming again in any class??

figrin bran
06-26-2009, 09:52 PM
now i really want some of those movie toys after seein the movie!! I want leader Prime & Megs. They need to make a leader Blackout and SS so we can recreate some battles. Does anyone know if they will?? Is Blackout coming again in any class??

Dude, I thought you frequented the TF's threads on the scum and knew these sort of things :p

No to Leader class Blackout but yes to LC Screamer. There is a "Grindor" repaint of Voyager Blackout coming out.

bikerscout
06-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Dude, I thought you frequented the TF's threads on the scum and knew these sort of things :p

No to Leader class Blackout but yes to LC Screamer. There is a "Grindor" repaint of Voyager Blackout coming out.

i thought i heard about SS, but wasn't sure. I hope they make a Leader Blackout. "Grindor"? wth is that?

figrin bran
06-26-2009, 11:11 PM
That's just the name they came up with.

Between Optimus, Megatron and Starscream, that's 3 Leader classes already. We've discussed this in our Transformers thread a few times and it's just highly unlikely that given the fact that they don't sell very well, Hasbro would be reluctant to spend that much on the tooling for an LC Blackout.

JediTricks
06-27-2009, 12:02 AM
I put in a big order with Hasbro Toy Shop and just received it - and they got every figure I ordered correct.

Should this go in the news section? :)Maybe the "miracles" section. ;)

figrin bran
06-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Come on guys, HTS isn't that bad!

By my estimate, I've ordered from them 40 times total and never received anything that I didn't order. The condition of said packages are an entirely different story but the contents have always been correct.

CrunchyNug
06-27-2009, 12:47 AM
I got this one a few years back. It still makes me laugh.

JediTricks
06-27-2009, 01:59 AM
I got this one a few years back. It still makes me laugh.
Fantastic!

jonthejedi
06-27-2009, 04:15 AM
I'm glad he/she didn't pack my AOTC wave order...geez!!!

bikerscout
06-27-2009, 05:43 AM
That's just the name they came up with.

Between Optimus, Megatron and Starscream, that's 3 Leader classes already. We've discussed this in our Transformers thread a few times and it's just highly unlikely that given the fact that they don't sell very well, Hasbro would be reluctant to spend that much on the tooling for an LC Blackout.

I see. It'd just look sick in a diorama though. Blackout was taller than Prime in the movie it seemed. I'll have to get those leaders & hopefully SS doesn't suck. I guess the chances of a LC Fallen are slim.

Tycho
06-27-2009, 11:45 AM
OK, there are 4 Leader Classes. Jetfire has even been found some places (Louisiana Target for the one I know of).

LC Starscream is confirmed, but might not be out until Christmas or next year. There might be pictures at Comic Con or the prototype on display at Hasbro's booth.

I would totally want a Leader Class Blackout / Grindor - I'll use him as either, and I totally support there being a Leader Class Fallen - though I'm not really interested in him as a Transformer. The jet-mode doesn't impress me.

I also wonder how big Soundwave is supposed to be (next to other TFrmrs)?

JediTricks
06-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Leader Starscream is slated for Fall of 2010.

figrin bran
06-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Happy Birthday Turbowars!

Turbowars
06-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Thank you Sir!

wampaslayr
06-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Found a complete set of the AOTC wave at Valencia Target this morning. Cool figures!

Commtech
06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Happy Birthday Matt!

Kidhuman
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Happy belated turbo. Hope it was a good one

JediTricks
06-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Happy birthday Turbo, you're exactly 2 months older than me! :D

In sightings news, I found and bought the only TX-130 at Target West Hollywood today. Just about to open the box, the cockpit opens in a way I wasn't expecting.

Jango Speck
06-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Checking out SF Valley Craigslist classifieds tonight. Someone in NoHo and Canoga Park is unloading a lot of old SW stuff, including 12".

Anyone know about these guys who want to buy entire collections?
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/clt/1241954065.html

JediTricks
06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't know specifically, but there are a lot of guys at Frank & Sons and Comic-Con and such that do exactly this then part them out.

Turbowars
06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Need help locating a ROTF Leader class Jetfire. Anyone spot one yet? I still haven't seen the Human alliance Bumblebee too.

Thanks for all the happy B-DAYS!!

Jango Speck
06-29-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't know specifically, but there are a lot of guys at Frank & Sons and Comic-Con and such that do exactly this then part them out.

Well, it might be the easiest way for me to dump several lines of figures and avoid shipping hassles. I'll probably meet them somewhere in public, and bring a friend so they don't try to rip me off.

figrin bran
06-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Turbo, the Human Alliance Bumblebee is showing up at K-marts. If you don't want to pay their prices then you'll need to wait on Target/TRU/WM to get them in.

TheRupert
06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey Turbo - Long time, no see. I found my Human Alliance Bumblebee @ TRU in Burbank. It's 34.99 there as well. If I see another, I'll grab it for you.

JediTricks
06-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey Turbo - Long time, no see. I found my Human Alliance Bumblebee @ TRU in Burbank. It's 34.99 there as well. If I see another, I'll grab it for you.
Galdernit!!!

Turbowars
06-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey dude, this wouldn't happen to be WB would it? :yes: Cool man I haven't seen this or Leader Jetfire.

Turbowars
06-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Does Burbank TRU still have the Lars Homestead?

bikerscout
06-30-2009, 10:32 PM
late happy b-day TW. I don't think LC Jetfire is due out for another few weeks. I've only been seein Megs and Prime. Prime way less frequently though.
Saw Tarados gon today at a valley Target, i couldn't justify payin $8+ for him just for the BD part. If anyone has extra arms, plmk, I'll buy them off of ya. He was the only wave 7 I saw. My first wave 6 I also saw today --med. frigate Leia. Looked pretty good.

TheRupert
06-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey Turbo - yup, it's me. How ya been buddy?

Leader Class Jetfire is out. I saw him in droves at Frank & Sons last Saturday...figure looks like poo in my opinion. He's a pass for me.

Jango Speck
06-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Does Burbank TRU still have the Lars Homestead?

Saw it this weekend.

TheRupert
07-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Turbo - I picked you up a HA Bumblebee this morning. I PMed you my cell number. Call me and we can meet up.

BlueSnags
07-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Picked up a clearanced Lars Homestead set today from TRU.

Also got my set of Legacy AOTC wave from HasbroToyShop. Good thing these figures are going to be "limited," because if they weren't they would be warming the shelves like crazy.

Pre-ordered my two SDCC McQuarrie Boba Fett busts from the GG site last week - can't wait to get my greedy paws on this one.

-Snags:bandit:

Tycho
07-01-2009, 10:39 PM
BlueSnags: I love my AOTC figures and got mine from HTS as well.

But since then, I've gotten 2 boxes of just Obi-Wan Kenobi for use in my dioramas, as I held out since way back to 2002, as I didn't think the figure was that great and experience taught me that Hasbro will make a better, later edition.

So I now have ten (10) AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobis. Some I'll put the E1 Jedi robe accessory on when I need him to appear that way, but I think I'm done.

Hasbro actually sold a lot of Obi-Wan this time (to me anyway).

I only needed to buy 3 each of Owen and Beru:

1) Anakin's departure to find his mother (on Swoop bike, also using 2003 Padme Tatooine)

2) Shmi Skywalker's funeral

3) ROTS adoption of Luke Skywalker

Now I need 2 Cliegg Lars for No. 1 & 2 above. The differences in the displays are basically Padme's outfit changes, having an Obi-Wan Kenobi, baby Luke, and an Eopiee.

For this reason, each scene is worth displaying - to me.

JediTricks
07-02-2009, 02:34 AM
TRU Culver and W.LA both had the Clone Wars Deluxe figures today for "only" $18. So if you want repainted crap at a ridiculous price, Hasbro's got you covered.
Hey Turbo - I picked you up a HA Bumblebee this morning. I PMed you my cell number. Call me and we can meet up.If it was $30, think you could hit me with the info on where to find such a thing as well? Turbo owes me anyway. :p

TheRupert
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
If it was $30, think you could hit me with the info on where to find such a thing as well? Turbo owes me anyway. :p

Hey JediTricks. All of the ones I've found are $34.99. I'll be more than happy to grab you one next time I see them (which will probably be today). I'll keep you posted!

lifeinabox
07-02-2009, 01:08 PM
TRU Culver and W.LA both had the Clone Wars Deluxe figures today for "only" $18. So if you want repainted crap at a ridiculous price, Hasbro's got you covered.
That's just robbery. I picked up couple of the Deluxe last week at Frank & Sons for "only" $14 and I still felt violated afterwards.

Turbowars
07-02-2009, 07:51 PM
TRU Culver and W.LA both had the Clone Wars Deluxe figures today for "only" $18. So if you want repainted crap at a ridiculous price, Hasbro's got you covered. If it was $30, think you could hit me with the info on where to find such a thing as well? Turbo owes me anyway. :p
Hey I gave you a few bucks extra, LOL:thumbsup:

bikerscout
07-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Can't wait anymore!!! Need a LC Prime!!!!!!!!! Plmk if anyone's seen these at any Targets!!! Thx. I'm goin pming crazy too --sorry :cross-eye

Turbowars
07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Can't wait anymore!!! Need a LC Prime!!!!!!!!! Plmk if anyone's seen these at any Targets!!! Thx. I'm goin pming crazy too --sorry :cross-eye
Dude these were all over early June and I thought no one wanted him. I picked one up and he's very cool, but I have one gripe. There's no Chrome! I wonder if they will re-release Prime with him all pimped out? if not I hope someone makes chrome replacement parts.

bikerscout
07-02-2009, 08:28 PM
have u seen him recently?? Did u get your ROTF LC Jetfire yet??

Turbowars
07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
have u seen him recently?? Did u get your ROTF LC Jetfire yet??
PR TRU had LC Prime 2 days ago. No sign of JF

bikerscout
07-02-2009, 08:49 PM
saw those the other day. Thx. Lookin at some pix on seibertron--droolin.......