PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Turbowars
07-02-2009, 09:55 PM
saw those the other day. Thx. Lookin at some pix on seibertron--droolin.......SAW what? JF?

bikerscout
07-02-2009, 10:00 PM
No. I wish, saw the primes u spotted. :yes: Wish me luck, going on the hunt right now --I know I'm insane, goin for him @ this time @ the height of the movie. Alpha trion & the tf gods will help me....... :)

Turbowars
07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
No. I wish, saw the primes u spotted. :yes: Wish me luck, going on the hunt right now --I know I'm insane, goin for him @ this time @ the height of the movie. Alpha trion & the tf gods will help me....... :)Yeah Good Luck, pick me up a JF and Homestead will you!

Turbowars
07-02-2009, 10:05 PM
saw those the other day. Thx. Lookin at some pix on seibertron--droolin.......
Post a link to those pics!

TheRupert
07-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Wal Mart on Lyons Ave in Valencia has a bunch of LC Prime. Let me know if you don't find one, and I'll grab one for you. It's an amazing figure!

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Hey JediTricks. All of the ones I've found are $34.99. I'll be more than happy to grab you one next time I see them (which will probably be today). I'll keep you posted!I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to try to hold out for $30.

That's just robbery. I picked up couple of the Deluxe last week at Frank & Sons for "only" $14 and I still felt violated afterwards.Wow, that's actually a good deal at F&S, crazy! The sets still suck though for the money.

Hey I gave you a few bucks extra, LOL:thumbsup:Oh, trying to buy me off with money now, eh? :p

Turbowars
07-03-2009, 06:05 PM
No. I wish, saw the primes u spotted. :yes: Wish me luck, going on the hunt right now --I know I'm insane, goin for him @ this time @ the height of the movie. Alpha trion & the tf gods will help me....... :)So you got one huh. What Target? I got off work early today and hit a few stores in hope of finding JF, but nothing. All they have is LC Meg and he looks ridiculous. I wish they would had used a Car or some kind of real aircraft for him. I hate the way he looks in both mods. I think SS looks retarded in Robot mode too.

On a side note I picked up a sealed MP Skywarp from Commtech. Thanks bud, hope you feel better.

darkagent
07-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Picked up the HA Bumblebee at Los Feliz TRU this morning. $34.99 was a bit much, but then they were also giving away $10 gift cards with $30+ Transformer purchase. So the price "came down" to $24.99. Can't wait for the HA Sideswipe and HA Skids (with Arcee and Megan Fox). Anyone know when those will hit.

Has anyone picked up a Masterpiece Grimlock. Just wondering what's the best price for one of these. The lowest I've seen it for is $150.

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Picked up the HA Bumblebee at Los Feliz TRU this morning. $34.99 was a bit much, but then they were also giving away $10 gift cards with $30+ Transformer purchase. So the price "came down" to $24.99. Can't wait for the HA Sideswipe and HA Skids (with Arcee and Megan Fox). Anyone know when those will hit.

Has anyone picked up a Masterpiece Grimlock. Just wondering what's the best price for one of these. The lowest I've seen it for is $150.
In one way, I'm really cheesed at myself for not hitting TRU today, only Target (and finding ZIP), but in another I'm relieved because I don't have $35 to spend right now.

The best price is to wait until 2010 when Hasbro releases the US version.

BlueSnags
07-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Saw the new GI Joe movie figures & vehicles today at Target - they looked pretty cool but I passed (pretty sure the movie itself is going to stink).

Picked up the new Clone Wars Republic Fighter Tank, though (also at Target).

-Emperor Snags:thumbsup:

Tycho
07-04-2009, 05:57 AM
I have not been able to toy hunt in a few weeks now. I stay up late and only really have successful hunts when I go to Target 1st thing in the AM.

bikerscout
07-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I found my prize at a Target in the south bay. I hadn't been to that area in a while & got lucky. LC Prime is pretty awesome, the only semi-negative things are that he doesn't come with a blaster, the torso doesn't swivel (u could get some wicked poses goin if it did), and the armor sometimes gets in the way of the swords tucked in. What a b to transform -took me an hour. That's more time than MP Megs! The complexity/engineering is astounding though. Pick this guy up if you can find at a decent price.

darkagent -- the best time to buy MP Grimlock would've been when he first went on pre-order for TFsource and BBTS. He was $135 and $145ish at each store respectively. If u can get him for lower than $150 & u really want him, I'd go for it. I still don't recall H sayin anything about a US release -I was at the Botcon panel, but I do hope he's released next year.

this is really random -but Joe guys --does anyone have an extra Hall of Heroes Firefly they don't need or don't want?? I could go for one of those. :yes:

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Target had the Evolutions sets on clearance for $16 and change, but I couldn't pull the trigger, I'm way too broke right now. :( I wanted that Pilots 2 set too.

Tycho
07-06-2009, 08:09 AM
I just missed Jetfire (several I heard) at Wal-Mart. I went at 3am because I am having trouble sleeping and am still up this morning (not at 5am).

At 7:45 if I haven't crashed, I'll check Target.

Also I need to find a ton of those Anakin E2 Evolutions figures re-issued on the single card.

And I wouldn't mind Reverb, the Scout Class red motorcycle from Transformers.

TheRupert
07-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Turbo: You have PM.

BlueSnags
07-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Picked up the Ahsoka Jedi Starfighter and Echo Base LEGO sets yesterday (Walmart).

-Snags

K M Toydarian
07-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Target had the Evolutions sets on clearance for $16 and change, but I couldn't pull the trigger, I'm way too broke right now. :( I wanted that Pilots 2 set too.

Picked up a Padme Evolutions finally, for the clearance price (16). Also been getting a few Muggs for future customs at the 8 dollar clearance price. Since this might be the end for Star Wars Muggs, without exclusives, I thought I try my hand at customs.

BlueSnags
07-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Saw the new CW deluxe figures at Burbank TRU yesterday - passed on all of them - not worth $18 + tax, IMO.

-Snags

figrin bran
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
I saw the AOTC wave at retail for the first time yesterday at Valencia Target. I still haven't even seen the ESB wave at any stores. Fortunately, I've been able to rely on HTS but I hope things turn around for Legacy Collection when we get the new cards.

Target seems to be clearancing items with little rhyme and reason - I saw the Bumblebee Mr. Potato Heads for $7 today, so I wish they'd clearance out all the Yarnas and Ak Revs.

TheRupert
07-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I have a transformers question: Anyone ever see the Animated Leaderclass Megatron around anymore in the L.A. area? I've been looking all over for one and have had no luck at all :(

Chaddymac
07-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I haven't for a while, but he's avail at HTS: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&SBR=648&ID=21839

Maradona
07-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Target continues its seemingly random clearances. Today I picked up a couple of Wolverine movie figures (Iceman and Cyclops) for just over $5. There were clearance items for just about every toy line in the aisle.

bikerscout
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Target continues its seemingly random clearances. Today I picked up a couple of Wolverine movie figures (Iceman and Cyclops) for just over $5. There were clearance items for just about every toy line in the aisle.

good. Now wally and TRU need to follow suit. Esp. w/ Star Wars figures.
Btw, does anyone have an extra BAD left arm for HK-47?? Could really use one to finish him. Plmk. Will buy or trade.
thx

Tycho
07-13-2009, 05:53 AM
The Star Trek and Terminator stuff needs to be clearanced out so that (I hope) the new product waves from each line can be brought in.

Playmates should change the skew numbers for the new assortments, but re-releases of the most popular sellers (Spock, Sulu, and Uhura in their SF uniforms) could be included.

With Terminator, there will be a new John Connor figure (that looks like Bale) but the T-700 might also make a comeback. They could change Marcus by putting him in the trench coat and carding the figure of Blair. Kyle Reese will be essential to see release. I also have the A-10 Warthog jet from this collection, but I've never ever seen it in stores again. They need to get that out more along with the helicopter and tow truck, plus the mototerminators.

JodyB
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Anyone have any Masters of the Universe Classics they would like to get rid of?

Commtech
07-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Got my SSC Vader today and it's beautifuuuuuuul!!!!

Tycho
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Just got the Republic Fighter Tank at Target. I haven't opened it yet, but to me it doesn't look too exciting.

I'm going to use one for a gun emplacement for the Clones on for that opening battle scene from the cartoon movie. I'll get a 2nd one for the Chariot LAV used on Myrkr in "Heir to the Empire" by the stormtroopers (when Luke Skywalker met Mara Jade). In an Outer Rim world, even 27 years after the Clone Wars end, it's possible the Empire had to use Old Republic equipment on backwater worlds where smugglers like Talon Karrde set up.

I also got the extra Spock 3 3/4" figure I was looking for.

JediTricks
07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Culver City Target has a republic fighter tank and some of the new CW figs on the red card. picked up mace, green clone finally, and admiral yularen. left behind a couple jawa sets (they look boring), the gun-arm super battle droid, and cmdr gree.

Tycho
07-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Sound off if you've found that darn AOTC Evolutions (Padawan) Anakin figure yet, please (and at what stores).

I think he's coming out on the old card with Beru and Owen.

I also got the Star Wars Jedi Training Academy Box Set from Walt Disney World from UPS today. It was $49 with s&h and I think it's well worth it. $8 a figure, thereabouts - that's what's in stores (though you have to get a ROTS Vader as one of the figures) and then $9 tax and shipping for the set. That's fair.

There's 3 Jedi Younglings - all human, a black boy, Asian girl, white boy, and a white male Jedi Knight teacher that's training them. Plus this guy in black that breathes like he has a problem with asthma. I think I've seen the last character in one or more of the Star Wars movies or something.

I ordered using (407) 363-6200 and be very specific on the phone concerning what you want. Definitely say "3.75" figure set!"

bikerscout
07-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Quick question for the TF buffs -- Universe Cosmos - I've been looking for this guy. Is he out yet? Did he already come out & I missed the boat? How can i get him? last search on HTS produced nothing. Some guy at Botcon had one & at Gregg Burger and Michael McConnoughy's (sp?) panel -he brought it to give to Mike. (The OG voice). Don't know how that guy got it though.
thx.

figrin bran
07-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Sound off if you've found that darn AOTC Evolutions (Padawan) Anakin figure yet, please (and at what stores).

I think he's coming out on the old card with Beru and Owen.

I also got the Star Wars Jedi Training Academy Box Set from Walt Disney World from UPS today. It was $49 with s&h and I think it's well worth it. $8 a figure, thereabouts - that's what's in stores (though you have to get a ROTS Vader as one of the figures) and then $9 tax and shipping for the set. That's fair.

There's 3 Jedi Younglings - all human, a black boy, Asian girl, white boy, and a white male Jedi Knight teacher that's training them. Plus this guy in black that breathes like he has a problem with asthma. I think I've seen the last character in one or more of the Star Wars movies or something.

I ordered using (407) 363-6200 and be very specific on the phone concerning what you want. Definitely say "3.75" figure set!"

Tycho, you should have told us that you wanted that set as it's available at Disneyland as well and either myself or another person on the board could've bought it with an Annual Passholder's discount. I could've even delivered it in person to you at SDCC!

Quick question for the TF buffs -- Universe Cosmos - I've been looking for this guy. Is he out yet? Did he already come out & I missed the boat? How can i get him? last search on HTS produced nothing. Some guy at Botcon had one & at Gregg Burger and Michael McConnoughy's (sp?) panel -he brought it to give to Mike. (The OG voice). Don't know how that guy got it though.
thx.

All the TF buffs hang out in the Transformers thread, not here. :p

Basically you and just about everyone else missed the boat on Universe Cosmos. I never saw one and I think those that did find him along with Universe Beachcomber, Warpath, found them at Walmart.

lifeinabox
07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Culver City Target has a republic fighter tank and some of the new CW figs on the red card. picked up mace, green clone finally, and admiral yularen. left behind a couple jawa sets (they look boring), the gun-arm super battle droid, and cmdr gree.
Thanks for the heads up. I went by this afternoon and picked up mace, the heavy super battle droid and the jawas in addition to an RC droid on clearance. Simingly random clearance items - SW titaniums are on clearance for instance. I visited half a dozen other targets and this is the first titanium clearance I've seen. Also the first new CW wave sighting which makes me wonder how much new inventory the other stores are sitting on. I assume distribution is uniform within the region.

CrunchyNug
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Been combing the stores for some decent sales and have found a few things so far. My best score was a TRU B-Wing on sale for $29.98 marked down to $23.98.

Target has got lots of stuff on clearance too, but it's a bit spotty in places. Some are 30% some are 50% and one was 75% already. Some have JLU & DCU on clearance, some don't.

Haven't seen the new CW wave, but am anxiously awaiting it. I did score a new Republic Tank today!

bikerscout
07-16-2009, 11:32 PM
thanx Figrin. Is it still possible to find Cosmos? or is it a don't even bother? Why doesn't HTS have him?? That's bogus.

Chaddymac
07-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah, you missed the boat on him, I think. I found half that wave at TRU several months ago, but STILL had to buy Cosmos from HTS. They had him at one point, but don't have him now, unfortunately.

JediTricks
07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I went by this afternoon and picked up mace, the heavy super battle droid and the jawas in addition to an RC droid on clearance. Simingly random clearance items - SW titaniums are on clearance for instance. I visited half a dozen other targets and this is the first titanium clearance I've seen. Also the first new CW wave sighting which makes me wonder how much new inventory the other stores are sitting on. I assume distribution is uniform within the region.I didn't notice the R/C droids were on clearance, but I have seen the Titaniums on clearance at other stores and it made me very nervous.

I doubt they're sitting on inventory, here in LA I've found that Target's the fastest distribution generally. I don't know how they made room for it though, still tons of old CW figures.

bikerscout
07-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Yeah, you missed the boat on him, I think. I found half that wave at TRU several months ago, but STILL had to buy Cosmos from HTS. They had him at one point, but don't have him now, unfortunately.

thanx man. Wonder why H made that wave such a pain in the arse to find?

Tycho
07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Voyager Class Optimus Prime is made cheaply and has a handful of parts that fall off of him. His best redeeming value is that he is the same scale to The Fallen and the only Starscream released as of yet.

I'd avoid him unless you are a Transformers diorama builder.

Chaddymac
07-17-2009, 11:39 AM
thanx man. Wonder why H made that wave such a pain in the arse to find?
It wasn't really their fault. It was "endoftheline-itis". He retailers just didn't order a lot of the wave, it never made it to Target, and that left a lot of people searching on line (so they went fast).

Tycho
07-18-2009, 07:45 AM
I got Leader Class Jetfire at Wal-Mart tonight! He's awesome!

I went downtown to the Padres game for dinner at the ballpark and then made some new friends and wound up in the Hard Rock Hotel's night club until waaaaay late. Then when I got my car back I thought "what the heck?" and I checked two Wal-Marts on my way home at like 4 o'clock in the morning. On my 2nd stop, I got very lucky! They probably had 3-4 of him and the rest Optimus or Megatron, so Jetfire is going to move into those stores rather slowly as the other Leaders have to sell through to move the inventory.

Turbowars
07-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I got Leader Class Jetfire at Wal-Mart tonight! He's awesome!

I went downtown to the Padres game for dinner at the ballpark and then made some new friends and wound up in the Hard Rock Hotel's night club until waaaaay late. Then when I got my car back I thought "what the heck?" and I checked two Wal-Marts on my way home at like 4 o'clock in the morning. On my 2nd stop, I got very lucky! They probably had 3-4 of him and the rest Optimus or Megatron, so Jetfire is going to move into those stores rather slowly as the other Leaders have to sell through to move the inventory.
what makes him awesome?

Tycho
07-19-2009, 04:22 AM
what makes him awesome?

I guess his movie character and what the toy attempts to represent. Other than that, I couldn't tell you.

I bought him.
I immediately opened him up.
I posed him to join the Autobots in my pantry-cabinet, fighting the Decepticons.
Several times a day, I open my pantry cabinet and stare at him.

Ya know, he's sculpted in black, so instead of continuing to attempt to get Premium Ironhide from the last movie, also in black, I embraced the new dark brown / tan Ironhide. Now my Autobots are all different colors - so it's like playing with Light Brites. Remember those? That's awesome.

JediTricks
07-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I guess his movie character and what the toy attempts to represent. Other than that, I couldn't tell you.Note to everybody else, Tycho does not have the ability to give purchasing advice to anybody else, as his criteria for purchases is predicated on nothing of the toy itself. ;)

BlueSnags
07-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Picked up an AT-TE today for the sale price of $49.99. There were still some left at Burbank TRU as of 2pm.

They also had G.I. Joe movie figures on sale (2 for $10) but I'm steering clear of these figures.

If anyone sees the new Clone Wars figures, please stash me a set.

Thanks,
Snags

Turbowars
07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Picked up an AT-TE today for the sale price of $49.99. There were still some left at Burbank TRU as of 2pm.

They also had G.I. Joe movie figures on sale (2 for $10) but I'm steering clear of these figures.

If anyone sees the new Clone Wars figures, please stash me a set.

Thanks,
SnagsEven at 50 I don't feel the need to own it. If it was free I'd just give it to my cousin. What the hell are you going to do with it Snags???

BlueSnags
07-22-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm going to open it up and play with it.

-Snags

Jango Speck
07-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Rebelscum must be overloaded with updates- can't get to the main page at all. If any of you have good info, please post it here!

lifeinabox
07-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Picked up the Clone Turbo Tank at the Hawthorne TRU yesterday. Only one they had. No new CW figures, yet.

If anyone's still looking for the Fighter Tank, spotted one at the Carson Target off of the 110 fwy.

wampaslayr
07-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Found all 5 sets of the new WM exclusive BAD sets at the Valencia WM. At $17.00 a set I passed on them. The droid that is built with the sets is the Dark Trooper but in a black paint scheme. I don't think these are worth $17.00 because the comic packs are $12.89 and you get 2 figures plus a comic book, and these sets are all repackaged figures except Corran Horn and the droids and are $5.00 more. No thanks.

I also found the new LEGO sets and the SW science kits at the Valencia TRU.

Valencia Target has some of the LEGO's on clearance including the V-19 Torrent ($38.48) and the Magnaguard Fighter ($31.48).

figrin bran
07-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Found all 5 sets of the new WM exclusive BAD sets at the Valencia WM. At $17.00 a set I passed on them. The droid that is built with the sets is the Dark Trooper but in a black paint scheme. I don't think these are worth $17.00 because the comic packs are $12.89 and you get 2 figures plus a comic book, and these sets are all repackaged figures except Corran Horn and the droids and are $5.00 more. No thanks.

I also found the new LEGO sets and the SW science kits at the Valencia TRU.

Valencia Target has some of the LEGO's on clearance including the V-19 Torrent ($38.48) and the Magnaguard Fighter ($31.48).

Ha! I went to that WM as well and bought just Corran Horn/Whistler.

I want to give a big thanks to CrunchyNug for his help on Thursday at the Mattel line. Darkagent and Commtech, great seeing you guys there as well!

lifeinabox
07-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Single Clone Turbo Tank at Torrance TRU if anyone's looking for one.

Commtech
07-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Ha! I went to that WM as well and bought just Corran Horn/Whistler.

I want to give a big thanks to CrunchyNug for his help on Thursday at the Mattel line. Darkagent and Commtech, great seeing you guys there as well!

Great seeing you there also figrin!!
Also, big thanks to Sentry and CrunchyNug for the help at the Mattel line!!

If any of you bought the Hot Toys Gunmetal Iron Man and don't want it, please let me know. I missed the pre-order for that one. Thanks!

BlueSnags
07-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Found the new Walmart BAD wave today. At $17 a pop, the only one I ended up getting was Coran/Whistler. I would like to build a Darktrooper, but it's not worth $100...sorry, Hasbro and Walmart.

Came across some of the new Clone Wars figures at the same Walmart and picked up the following: Cad Bane, Admiral Yularen, Commander Gree, Jawas 2-pack, Green Clone Trooper repack, Space Suit Anakin, Space Suit Ahsoka, Clone Trooper Denal, ARF Trooper

Also spotted the new Clone Pilot battle pack today at Target. For $24 + tax, had to pass. If I ever see one of these on clearance I'll pick it up. It's funny, with the way the figures/pod are positioned in the packaging you can tell there's a crapload of empty space in there, letting you know you're not getting much for your money. I don't see many people scooping this up (much like the Jabba/droid CW BP that seems to warming the shelves everywhere). I also saw the Ambush on the Vulture's Claw BP, which I did buy.

RE: SDCC - Bought a crapload of McQuarrie artwork, along with the McQuarrie Fett bust and the Blackhole Stormtrooper statue from GG. Stayed away from Hasbro this year - will probably order a Force Unleashed Commander from HTS ... it's worth paying the $5 shipping fee to avoid the long lines and general insanity of their booth. Ran into Turbo, Deoxy, Crunchy, Swabie, BikerScout and Commtech from the boards while I was there - good times!

-Your Hero Snags

Commtech
07-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Ran into Turbo, Deoxy, Crunchy, Swabie, BikerScout and Commtech from the boards while I was there - good times!

-Your Hero Snags

Indeed good times Emperor Snags... uh sorry... Hero Snags (stop changing titles!:D)
And the SSC party was greater than I expected! I will try and attend that party every year from now on.:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
07-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Indeed good times Emperor Snags... uh sorry... Hero Snags (stop changing titles!:D)
And the SSC party was greater than I expected! I will try and attend that party every year from now on.:thumbsup:

Right on, bro - the Freaks party was sweet. Only bad thing was we didn't win any of the free stuff. Maybe next year.

-Snags

Commtech
07-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Right on, bro - the Freaks party was sweet. Only bad thing was we didn't win any of the free stuff. Maybe next year.

-Snags

(Now plain "Snags"? I kinda liked Emperor Snags!:D:thumbsup:)

Yeah, I would've loved to win that Premium format Vader. Lucky the dude who won it. But yeah, there's always next year!

wampaslayr
07-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Found lots of clone wars figs today at the Canyon Country WM. Picked up Mace, Gree, Yularen, Denal, Bane, Spacesuit Anakin and Ahsoka, and the Jawas. Also saw the Clone Pilots Battle Pack but passed on that.

JodyB
07-26-2009, 07:22 PM
If anyone has a extra MOTUC He-Ro I would love to take it off your hands... my person who I was depending on to get it for me at the Con fell through. :sad:

darkagent
07-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Wow, just got back from an exhaustive 5 days at the SDCC. It was great seeing some of you there. On the way back, I decided to stop by a couple Walmarts and was able to pick up the Walmart BAD set and all of the first 2-3? waves of Clone Wars, except for Cade Bane. I'm so glad that I no longer collect carded figures, there must have been at least a full wave of repackaged figures in these CW waves. I must have spent more on SW figures today than in the past 6 months, and that was just 1 of each to open.

I think the new card design is going to make collecting more difficult. It looks like the only quick way to tell the difference between CW, Legacy and Saga Legends is by the color stripe on the top of the card. I was just looking through the CW and Legends and was having a hard time. Now imagine the store employee who have to scan the pegs for inventory, there's no way they'll know or care? if the figures are from different lines.

Turbowars
07-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Man SDCC came and went fast! Did anyone see the price of a 4 days pass with Preview nite? I know I know most of you get in free, but it's now $100 in advance. I guess it will go up from there as the 2010 SDCC gets closer. One thing they did change is they are limiting preview nite to just 14,000. Don't know how many usually come, but thats what the computer said. So I went a head and bought next years at the con.

Only saw JT and Snags. No one else from RS either. One thing for sure Steve was really working JT. Next year Steve ease up on the guy, I mean he's doing it for free, or is he?lol Anyways GG 's booth reminded me of SSG, a ghost town. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I ordered the Force Unleashed Stormie Commanders from HTS on the 16th and got them today.

Not having to wait in 2 lines for Hasbro at SDCC, 1 for the passes, 1 to buy - priceless!

Jango Speck
07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Wish I had been able to go to SDCC, but maybe next year (or CV). I haven't seen anything good in Burbank for a long time. I have to say, when I saw the new carded figures, the packaging was so petite, I almost thought they were keychains. Even though I'm done with Hasbro- I will have that Luke/Vader funeral pyre set, unless they announce a diorama first, and of course ice-cream maker guy.

I'm selling a few statues/maquettes to pay for some home repairs. I'm only asking exactly what I paid, minus shipping.

GG Slave Leia statue $125
GG Clone Wars Animated Maquette Obi Wan (in armor) $200
GG Luke on Tauntaun statue $120 (box has a dinged corner)
GG Roron Corobb Animated Maquette $45 (I paid more for this one)

These are all great, with box and COA, from a non-smoking, sunlight/pet free home.

BlueSnags
07-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Picked up the latest Clone Wars wave (Whorm Loathsom, Echo, Obi-Wan in Space Armor, Commando Droid, Soft Goods Yoda, 4A-7) at Walmart this morning.

-Snags

CrunchyNug
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I must have just gotten there after you did cuz I didn't see any of those, but I DID get Mace, Gree, Jawas, ARF Trooper, Clone Trooper Denal, & Cad Bane. I have to admit, these are growing on me.

didgeboy
07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Does anyone have a jpeg or pdf of the mail in coupon? Hasbro site has been having problems and I was hoping to send this in soon. Thanks.

bikerscout
07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
:D It was great seeing Crunchy, Commtech, Anthony and meeting Bluesnags for the 1st time down at the con. I would've loved to have met figrin & darkagent too. Have to hit u guys up next time.
So there was a SSC party?? What's the deal to gettin into this one? I've never been to a specific 'party' after 4 cons. :( Love to check one out. How was it??

I hope they limit preview nite next yr., cuz man it was INSANE this year. Double or triple the crowd from last year.

At figrin's favorite PC walmart on Monday I picked up CW Gree & ARF trooper. First figs I've bought on the new card. And surprised I found them at like 3pm. They also had 4/5 of the new BAD double packs. They are gone now. Called my friend & he picked em up. At sepulveda Target I picked up a Space trooper to finish my HK-47 off with the left arm. (& I'm gonna take back an older Spacetrooper & return). Also saw the Geonosis assault (aka we can't give u 2 pilots b/c we're cheap) BP.

p.s. --I got 2 ARFs --one of them had hips that seemed close together, the other had some that were wider apart. Weird. Anyone know anything about this?

darkagent
07-29-2009, 10:58 AM
p.s. --I got 2 ARFs --one of them had hips that seemed close together, the other had some that were wider apart. Weird. Anyone know anything about this?

It would have been nice to meet you too. Maybe next year. The ARF Trooper has ball joints where the legs meet the hips, so he can be seated in a AT-RT.

bikerscout
07-29-2009, 07:56 PM
It would have been nice to meet you too. Maybe next year. The ARF Trooper has ball joints where the legs meet the hips, so he can be seated in a AT-RT.

i know he has bj hips. So you're saying, it's normal if they're spaced a little wider in the package? nothin to worry about? I'm a little afraid to open til i get 1 more.

JediTricks
07-29-2009, 08:23 PM
SDCC clobbered me this year. And I didn't run into most of you jerks, shoulda posted in the SDCC 09 get together thread!!! Jerks. ;) I also picked up a cold, which is a bummer.

Sightings in San Diego were as follows:
- Wal-mart had 4A-7 waves, ARF Trooper wave, and Transformers deluxe wave 5 (Arcee 1 per case) and voyager Long Haul wave (great figure), as well as Jetfire. FINALLY got my friggin' ESB wave Emperor to complete E-3PO.
- Target had Transformers deluxe wave 4 (Ice Cream Truck Twins seem to be scalperbait, as they were all snatched, as was all but 1 Jolt) and scout class Dune Runner.
- TRU had a layer of dust, and Human Alliance Bumblebee for $35. I ordered off HTS for $30 instead.

I picked up a few items at Comic-Con, but I haven't even had a chance to go through it all yet so you get no tales. I did win a 12" Sideshow Palpatine 2pack though, that kicked ***.

Tycho
07-30-2009, 04:21 AM
My Target will have the Clone TurboTank tomorrow morning. I guess I'll be going there to pick one up on 5 hours sleep or less.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight and tried to phone JT. They got in CW Wave 4 Rev. 1 and I wasn't sure what was in that case. I have mobile web browsing on my phone but I wouldn't know where to look up what's in what case. With no call back :( I left it alone. I know employees at my local stores who will open stuff up for me, but I didn't feel it was right to ask when I wasn't absolutely sure I wanted stuff from that assortment.

I would have also liked to meet with more of you guys at Comic Con, too.

bikerscout
07-31-2009, 08:24 AM
has anyone spotted Commander Ponds yet in their runs??

CrunchyNug
07-31-2009, 11:51 AM

Found him yesterday. :thumbsup:

Tycho
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
NEW FINDS

The large fighter assortment is out. I did not see the Y-wing, but it might have possible been there. They had 2 ARC-170 fighters FOR $64!!! :mad:

In 2005 I bought this for $30! Luckily, I had no plans to buy any more, though I like the ship.

They also had the new Deluxe Figures: Anakin on the Cancell, the Crab Droid, and I forgot what else - OH! - it was the pilot battle droid on the mini-tank. Needless to say, I didn't buy any of it, but some of you guys might want that stuff.

They had the new CW figures, but not Ahsoka and Anakin. I've never seen those figures but I've heard some of you guys found them. It'd be nice if I could.

I got my Clone TurboTank and I'm going to open it up here in just a few minutes. I'll post what I think in the TT thread.

Oh, they also had the new GALACTIC HEROES: Ackbar and Numb, Stormtrooper and Rebel Fleet Trooper, Chewie, RA-7 and MOUSE DROID. Honestly, I really don't need those and just couldn't pull the trigger.

lifeinabox
07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
I haven't but will report when I do. Seen several Turbo Tanks over the past couple of weeks and the deluxe figure assortment but no new CW figure waves.

BlueSnags
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Picked up the Deluxe Jetpack Clone Trooper 2-pack today at TRU.

-Snags

wampaslayr
07-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Picked up a couple Commander Ponds at Valencia TRU today. Valencia TRU also had the collectible CW tin set but I passed on that. They also had a couple of the clone deluxe packs but passed on those too. Valencia WM still had remnants of the Mace wave of CW figs.

lifeinabox
07-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Picked up a couple Commander Ponds at Valencia TRU today. Valencia TRU also had the collectible CW tin set but I passed on that. They also had a couple of the clone deluxe packs but passed on those too. Valencia WM still had remnants of the Mace wave of CW figs.
Are the Ponds displayed with the regular figures or on separate pegs? Comic packs, CW two packs, CW deluxe packs, Uncle Milton products and the regular vehicle assortments + exclusives...displays are a little disjointed.

Maradona
08-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Picked up the new JLU 6-packs at Target this evening. They had the Secret Wars 2 packs, but they weren't in very good shape, so I left them there. Also found were the Target exclusive GI Joe Deluxe figures, the new Clone Wars 2-packs, and the OVERPRICED ARC-170s.

Turbowars
08-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey Snags, if you see a Y-Wing could you pick it up for me?

Commtech
08-01-2009, 02:50 AM
What's up everyone?
I just did the Helmet mod on my Sideshow Vader and let me tell you it's a world of difference. The dome now is longer on the back and there's no more "prince charming hair cut" helmet. Eyebrows are now covered to change the stupid happy eyes expression and the whole face is positioned deeper into the helmet to have some depth. I strongly recommend this mod. Check it out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/DSC01575.jpg

If you need assistance let me know.

Commtech
08-01-2009, 02:53 AM
What's up everyone?
I just did the Helmet mod on my Sideshow Vader and let me tell you it's a world of difference. The dome now is longer on the back and there's no more "prince charming hair cut" helmet. Eyebrows are now covered to change the stupid happy eyes expression and the whole face is positioned deeper into the helmet to have some depth. I strongly recommend this mod. Check it out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/DSC01577.jpg

If you need assistance let me know.

wampaslayr
08-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Are the Ponds displayed with the regular figures or on separate pegs? Comic packs, CW two packs, CW deluxe packs, Uncle Milton products and the regular vehicle assortments + exclusives...displays are a little disjointed.

The Ponds figures were with all the Star Wars items as were the deluxe figures. There were no special displays for SW. The only special display was reserved for GIJoe figs. There were about ten Ponds on the pegs when I left yesterday.

lifeinabox
08-01-2009, 10:51 AM
The Ponds figures were with all the Star Wars items as were the deluxe figures. There were no special displays for SW. The only special display was reserved for GIJoe figs. There were about ten Ponds on the pegs when I left yesterday.
Ok, thanks. I actually meant in the aisleway and shelving itself and not so much where the entire SW display was located. I get a litle sensory overload at our local TRU and would rather just grab and go if Ponds is easy to spot. I'll give ours a shot this afternoon since I need to pick up a couple of gifts for friends of ours.

Turbowars
08-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Anyone have a New Falcon for sale? I think I have a place for one, upside down on the ceiling. Doesn't have to have the box, but complete would be nice.

Tycho
08-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Turbowars, we have 2-3 BMF's at my Toys R Us. Is that what you're looking for?

Turbowars
08-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Turbowars, we have 2-3 BMF's at my Toys R Us. Is that what you're looking for?
Yes, How much?

wampaslayr
08-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Ok, thanks. I actually meant in the aisleway and shelving itself and not so much where the entire SW display was located. I get a litle sensory overload at our local TRU and would rather just grab and go if Ponds is easy to spot. I'll give ours a shot this afternoon since I need to pick up a couple of gifts for friends of ours.

You can't miss them because the Ponds figs have a silver "TRU exclusive" sticker on the packaging. Good luck in your search.

Jango Speck
08-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey Snags, if you see a Y-Wing could you pick it up for me?

What Y-wing are you looking for Turbo?

Turbowars
08-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Yellow CW ship from SDCC. It is out in stores.

figrin bran
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I got Ponds from Los Feliz TRU. There's only 1 left, unless someone else bought it.

It's interesting how Glendale and Smeagol Rock Targets have already done their resets while La Brea is lagging behind.

Turbowars
08-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Anyone see a BMF in the LA area?

lifeinabox
08-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Yellow CW ship from SDCC. It is out in stores.
I was under the impression it will be out on 10/1. The imperial ARC-170 was just released as a place holder for the $69.99 assortment.

No Ponds at Torrance TRU. They had the ARC and several of the role playing stuff.

darkagent
08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Does anyone have an extra U-3PO right arm (came with the Hoth Rebel Trooper) they'd be willing to give up? I bought and opened a Hoth Rebel Trooper and found that the arm was for the red droid from the Attack of the Clones wave.

Jango Speck
08-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Picked up a set of Raider's magnets at the Lego store today- very nice. Big pass on the KOTCS set though. Lots of new SW magnets, but the assortments aren't too good- they should sell them individually. Saw some Rancor's at Target- nice paint job. Burbank Target did a reset, but didn't put out any new figures- pretty lame.

bikerscout
08-02-2009, 02:41 AM
I got Ponds from Los Feliz TRU. There's only 1 left, unless someone else bought it.

It's interesting how Glendale and Smeagol Rock Targets have already done their resets while La Brea is lagging behind.

Gone. I tried that TRU late last nite and nothing good there except the gray ARC-170 (too expensive) and new role playing gear. Would like a ponds though. Stash?

Tycho
08-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Yes, How much?

I didn't look when I was there. I'd imagine they'd be $150 or slightly higher as they were before. I don't know TRU's exact price as I got my BMF at Wal-Mart while shopping with CrunchyNug during the July 2008 Mid-Nite Madness.

Turbowars
08-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have an extra U-3PO right arm (came with the Hoth Rebel Trooper) they'd be willing to give up? I bought and opened a Hoth Rebel Trooper and found that the arm was for the red droid from the Attack of the Clones wave.I have one! PM me.

CrunchyNug
08-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Been finding several goodies lately, the latest being the new wave of Comic Packs this morning at Target...Darth Krayt & Sigel Dare, Kyle Katarn & Yuuzhan Vong, & Lumiya & Luke Skywalker. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with this latest assortment. Vong is huge!!!

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I went to Wal-Mart tonight and tried to phone JT. They got in CW Wave 4 Rev. 1 and I wasn't sure what was in that case. I have mobile web browsing on my phone but I wouldn't know where to look up what's in what case. With no call back :( I left it alone. I know employees at my local stores who will open stuff up for me, but I didn't feel it was right to ask when I wasn't absolutely sure I wanted stuff from that assortment.Don't blame me because you didn't do your homework. I was trying to sleep! Get the internet on your phone like I did. And wave 4 is from last year, the over-shipped Padme wave, or it's the new 2009 wave 4 (which is listed in retailer computers as CW wave 8) with Anakin Space Suit and Cad Bane.

The large fighter assortment is out. I did not see the Y-wing, but it might have possible been there. They had 2 ARC-170 fighters FOR $64!!! :mad:

In 2005 I bought this for $30! Luckily, I had no plans to buy any more, though I like the ship.Yeah, pricing on this is whacked.

I think the ARC-170 is shipping alone for a month or so until the Y-wing can hit production.

What's up everyone?

If you need assistance let me know.Very nice, very ANH! How did you change this?

Been finding several goodies lately, the latest being the new wave of Comic Packs this morning at Target...Darth Krayt & Sigel Dare, Kyle Katarn & Yuuzhan Vong, & Lumiya & Luke Skywalker. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with this latest assortment. Vong is huge!!!Nice find! Damn this stuff is all coming out at once again, I hate July toe-stomping like this, Sideshow does it too, it's maddening.

Commtech
08-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Jeditricks: Check out this thread. Scroll down and you'll see about the mod.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB38&Number=3812258&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=9

Everyone: I have a sealed in box Kenner POTF Hoth AT-AT. Box is in great condition. Batteries are not corroded since you can still press the button through the opening in the box and batteries still work! Asking what I paid which is $90. Local pick up.

BlueSnags
08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Anyone see a BMF in the LA area?

I haven't seen one in awhile, but I'll keep a look out. Also haven't seen the Y-Wing yet but according to EE it is hitting in Aug 2009 so it should be soon.

Thanks to Crunchy for the Commander Ponds, Secret Wars 2-packs and Luke/Lumiya hook-up.

-Snags

Turbowars
08-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I haven't seen one in awhile, but I'll keep a look out. Also haven't seen the Y-Wing yet but according to EE it is hitting in Aug 2009 so it should be soon.

Thanks to Crunchy for the Commander Ponds, Secret Wars 2-packs and Luke/Lumiya hook-up.

-SnagsGot a BMF for $65 off of e-bay today.

Man, BBTS has the Y-Wing pre-order for $84.99! WTF! That ship in very expensive across the board and sure it's the only thing from CW I want to own.

JediTricks
08-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Jeditricks: Check out this thread. Scroll down and you'll see about the mod.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB38&Number=3812258&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=9

Hmm, didn't see much about the actual mod in any of that thread beyond folks talking about doing the mod, but thanks.

Tycho
08-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I got several Ahsoka Spacesuits and an Anakin Spacesuit today. They had more but I don't think I needed them.

Cad Bane is proving to be illusive since every other new character in that wave was there except for him.

CrunchyNug
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Cad Bane is proving to be illusive since every other new character in that wave was there except for him.

Sadly, he suffers from "one per case" syndrome.

Commtech
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Hmm, didn't see much about the actual mod in any of that thread beyond folks talking about doing the mod, but thanks.

From that link:

"You have to shave all the ridges that are on the inside. Shave also the glue spots, you will have to apply glue later on them when you are done. All this shaving of the stuff inside will make the dome deeper and have more room for the head. I did snip the peg a little bit but it's not really necessary (found that out later). I just dremmeled around the peg so it would go deeper into the hole that's on the head. Also, I didn't feel it was necessary to widen or "flare out" the helmet. Looks good as it is. Finally, use strong glue on the old glue spots, place the dome back firmly and let it dry. Hope this helps."

Jedi: Until you open up the helmet, you will be able to understand the above instructions. Unfortunately, there are no pictures in the thread showing step by step, but it's really simple, really.

sentry
08-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Commtech, HUGE thanks for the hook up today. And your Vader looks sweet in person.

bikerscout
08-05-2009, 07:19 AM
picked up Cmdr Ponds at LF TRU last nite. They had several left. He has his own peg. And just like Holo Grievous -no starcase. H cheaped out on us again. If we're gonna pay a premium price for a figure they should at least be starcased. I like Ponds, but I may take him back later as he was kind of an impulse buy.
Also picked up an ARF stashed for me at sepulveda target. He's not on SSG. But Crunchy knows him well. :D

JediTricks
08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Do you guys want those ARF Troopers stashed? I've run into a few at Target, didn't think they were special enough to stash, now I'm thinking I messed up.

K M Toydarian
08-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Picked a dozen or so Mighty Muggs yesterday for 2.74 each. Cheaper than the 5 dollar blanks I got from Urban Outfitters a while back. These will be for customs. Since the seemingly demise of MMs I thought I'd just make my own characters that I want. I made sure to get a bunch of Asajji and Plo Koon for the skirted and robed characters!
Saw repacked comic packs at Burbank today in the new red package. Looks nice, I guess it's been a while since that first couple waves were out (vader, han, chewy, etc) so at least kids can get the OT characters.
Hoping to still find the last few leagcy figures (leia, Luke, etc) if they repack them in the new Build a droid packaging I guess I don't m ind, but I want to get them. I have seen Leia twice at Rite Aids, but they were12 bucks each!

figrin bran
08-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Do you guys want those ARF Troopers stashed? I've run into a few at Target, didn't think they were special enough to stash, now I'm thinking I messed up.

Yes, I'm looking for 2 of them.

Jango Speck
08-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Burbank TRU had a full peg of Ponds today- who on earth would pay $9.99 for that thing? It looks like all the rest, no bonus accessories or anything. Glad I'm done for the most part with basic figs.

They had one BMF left, but it rang up for $149 at the scanner. I thought those went on sale?

figrin bran
08-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Quite a few of us paid 9.99 for Ponds.

Anyhow, I stashed Secret Wars Captain America and Wolverine at La Brea Target if any of you need them.

I don't suppose any of you have found clone cash coupons in your recent figure purchases.

Jango Speck
08-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess what I'm saying is, what makes Ponds so special- the foil sticker? He'll surely be repacked later on, so why didn't Hasbro put him in a collector case or something?

Tycho
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I guess I didn't post it in THIS thread, but I got Devastator last night at Wal-Mart!

Tycho
08-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Just got Human Alliance SideSwipe at Target this morning.

Turbowars
08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I guess I didn't post it in THIS thread, but I got Devastator last night at Wal-Mart!
Saw that horrible thing at target 2 weeks ago. I'm sure I would had liked it when I was 10, but this thing says cheap all over it.

Tycho
08-11-2009, 01:36 AM
It's actually 6 large, heavy, articulated, pieces of colorful plastic.

It's sad that the individual vehicles don't transform into robots, but overall I like having this.

But I'd also complain about the scales in that Mixmaster and especially Scavenger are way too big and Long Haul is way too small.

Having 7 robots form Devastator would have resolved this issue.

bikerscout
08-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I guess what I'm saying is, what makes Ponds so special- the foil sticker? He'll surely be repacked later on, so why didn't Hasbro put him in a collector case or something?

idk --but he is a TRU exclusive and I highly doubt he'll be repacked, just as Target's Cmdr Fox will not be. It also ****es me off that there was no starcase. $10 price point warrants a starcase. Hasbro also screwed us on the case with CW Holo Grievous.

has anyone, including the top pro collectors (Snags, crunchy, etc.) found TF2 deluxe Ice Cream truck (mudflap & skidz)?? I'd like to see this one. Just curious. Lookin for this is probably like lookin for demon face Batman variant - u'll never see it ever. A shame that kids will have a hard time getting the truck

JodyB
08-11-2009, 03:00 PM
has anyone, including the top pro collectors (Snags, crunchy, etc.) found TF2 deluxe Ice Cream truck (mudflap & skidz)?? I'd like to see this one. Just curious. Lookin for this is probably like lookin for demon face Batman variant - u'll never see it ever. A shame that kids will have a hard time getting the truck

Seen about 15 Ice Cream Trucks in the past 3 1/2 weeks in Targets spread throughout the Valley... I saw 2 mid morning as a matter of fact in a Target near NoHo today.

JediTricks
08-11-2009, 04:15 PM
TRU Los Feliz had that Devastator, I kinda expected it to be bigger, I hadn't seen it on shelves before, only at conventions. In person, for $100 that box is not much, roughly the same as the $50 Unicron boxes over the last few years. Pass!

Target Glendale (or was it Evil Rock?) had the new Clone Wars big R/C R2-D2, looked a little cheaper than I had expected, same with the new gyrocopter CW vehicles that are also out.

bikerscout
08-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Seen about 15 Ice Cream Trucks in the past 3 1/2 weeks in Targets spread throughout the Valley... I saw 2 mid morning as a matter of fact in a Target near NoHo today.

thx, i've casually looked last week in all my runs and haven't seen it. Maybe i can get lucky and see it. Still haven't seen jetfire either.

figrin bran
08-12-2009, 10:31 AM
idk --but he is a TRU exclusive and I highly doubt he'll be repacked, just as Target's Cmdr Fox will not be. It also ****es me off that there was no starcase. $10 price point warrants a starcase. Hasbro also screwed us on the case with CW Holo Grievous.

I saw a few of the Ice Cream Trucks at Glendale Target before SDCC, I think.

bikerscout
08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Idk what people r lookin for but LF TRU had a few dlx Jolts and Dead ends this afternoon.

They appeared to be out of SE, Destro and baroness as far as movie figures. Had a few exclusive Barbecues, no Fireflies :sad:. A good assortment of the dlx vehicles, pretty much all. They had one larger size artic vehicle left and one black Cobra Hummer (with cowcatcher :p) left.

nothing good for SW, but had a few AT-TEs and a BMF

sentry
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
thx, i've casually looked last week in all my runs and haven't seen it. Maybe i can get lucky and see it. Still haven't seen jetfire either.

I saw a few Jetfires this morning at Wal Mart Pano city

JediTricks
08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
TF Ice Cream Trucks, about 5, at Wal-Mart in Duarte, as well has 4 of scout-class Scalpel. They also had the new Clone Wars Role Play Ultimate Blaster, and CW Space Helmet Anakin.

Target Duarte had a single Human Alliance Sideswipe, which I bought.

Turbowars
08-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Helloo Helloooo Hellooooooooo. Man it is deader than dead here.

Anyone see a new Y-Wing? I need help getting one!!!!!!!

Tycho
08-21-2009, 02:11 AM
I haven't heard anything about a Y-wing being found yet.

Hasbro shipped the ARC-170 again as its placeholder.

TheRupert
08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Helloo Helloooo Hellooooooooo. Man it is deader than dead here.

Anyone see a new Y-Wing? I need help getting one!!!!!!!

I saw the Y-Wing yesterday at TRU in Culver City.
I'll be back over there this weekend, if it's still there, I'll grab it for you.

These new Clone Wars figures are sucking me back in! UGH. I can't fight it...they are freakin' awesome!

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 04:06 AM
I finally got sucked into going to Crenshaw WM, holy crap is that place a dump! Makes the Panorama City store look good. They had nothing of note in the SW department except sadness.

TheRupert
08-23-2009, 10:36 AM
I finally got sucked into going to Crenshaw WM, holy crap is that place a dump! Makes the Panorama City store look good. They had nothing of note in the SW department except sadness.

hahaha this made me LOL IRL. Good stuff, and I agree...that place is a PIT of Doom and Despair. I avoid it like the plague...

figrin bran
08-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Interestingly enough, I always find something that I've been looking for when I go to Crenshaw WM, which is only around once every other month.

As far as WM's go, I've started making the trek out to Valencia WM. While the store looks many, many times better than Crenshaw and Panorama, the toy stocking seems no better, if at all.

TheRupert
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Valencia is usually where I go as well. And I agree, it's usually no good...

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
hahaha this made me LOL IRL. Good stuff, and I agree...that place is a PIT of Doom and Despair. I avoid it like the plague...
:thumbsup: Awesome! That place LOOKS like the type that should be avoided. I didn't care one lick how much closer it was than the next one, it was skangy.

Valencia I've only been to once, it's quite a drive. It worked because I was going to Newhall Ranch WM where someone stashed something for me, and there was a TRU there too, so it made sense to make a big adventurous run when I knew there was a definite payoff. But it didn't look so good that I'd go back regularly.

lifeinabox
08-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I saw the Y-Wing yesterday at TRU in Culver City.
I'll be back over there this weekend, if it's still there, I'll grab it for you.

I've seen the Lego version but didn't know this was out. I'll have to stop by.

The WM in Gardena off the 405 is pretty bad as well.

figrin bran
08-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Valencia is usually where I go as well. And I agree, it's usually no good...

So when it comes to Walmarts, we really don't have decent options in SoCal, do we? Great. Just great.

Actually, the one I called Valencia WM is probably what JT called Newhall Ranch? The one with a TRU right next to it (you'd think that combo would be a gold mine for toys!) I believe there are 2 other locations northwest and northeast of that one but I haven't ventured out there as I don't know the area that well. I know how to get to the aforementioned Walmart, Target on McBean and Magic Mountain and Six Flags Magic Mountain and that's about it.

I picked up a second ARF trooper from La Brea Target today but still have not found a single figure with Clone Cash coupons inside.

Jango Speck
08-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Crenshaw and Panorama City Wal Marts are the two-story variety. For some reason, those are the worst.

99% of the time, when I was hunting, a long late night or early morning run to all the Santa Clarita area WM's was usually a total bust.

That said, I agree with the poster who said that CW figs are sucking them back in. I am still not buying, but I found new waves the other day that looked great. I guess creating a figure based on a CGI show will yield perfect results versus trying to make a figure based on a live action show.

Noticed that Burbank TRU had a crapload of BMF the other day-still full price. Target had the Turbo Tank. Wish I had room for a BMF, but there's just no way.

TheRupert
08-23-2009, 11:55 PM
I've seen the Lego version but didn't know this was out. I'll have to stop by.

The WM in Gardena off the 405 is pretty bad as well.

It's out, but it's $69.99. It's a cool ship, but really? 70 bucks? I don't think so...

Jango Speck:
It's me who was getting sucked back in by the Clone Wars figures. I fought it for awhile, but I just gave up because they look really, really cool lol. The best SW figures they've ever done in my opinion. Heck, I even really like the design and size of the new cards. I'm hooked. And I think you're right...a lot of it has to do with basing the molds off of a CGI show as opposed to reality. It just makes for better looking figures in my opinion.

Figrin Bran:
We really do get the short end of the stick when it comes to Wal Marts. It sucks. There are a couple of Wal Marts past the one in Newhall. One up near Magic Mountain and then a bunch of them up the 14 in Palmdale and Lancaster. It just sucks that we have to drive so freakin' far to get to one - and sucks even more because they all seem to get hit so hard. I rarely find what I'm looking for at Wal Marts, so it's not even worth the gas money for the ginormous drive in my opinion :(

Has anyone seen the Clonetrooper Denal figure? That's the only one I'm missing right now...

BlueSnags
08-25-2009, 12:45 AM
I saw/picked up Denal at Walmart about three weeks ago, but haven't seen him once since. If I come across another I'll stash.

If anyone is still looking for the Clone Turbo Tank, I just got one from Target.com for $65 shipped. Use coupon 4MMHDHBE (thanks to Crunchy for the tip)

-Snags

CrunchyNug
08-25-2009, 12:58 AM
BAM! I couldn't believe that one. I've been holding out for a decent price on that thing and here it is on Target.com. I think it's a Hasbro deal where you get-

$10 off $30 or more
$20 off $60 or more
$30 off $90 or more

The code gets you an additional 10% off PLUS free shipping. It'll come to $65.84. WOW.

BlueSnags
08-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Awesome.

-Snags

TheRupert
08-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Thanks BlueSnags! I appreciate it!

I'm also trying to find a Clone Wars Plo Koon, C3PO and Dooku (all on the Blue & White Cards). Anyone by chance seen those around at all?

figrin bran
08-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Thanks BlueSnags! I appreciate it!

I'm also trying to find a Clone Wars Plo Koon, C3PO and Dooku (all on the Blue & White Cards). Anyone by chance seen those around at all?

If only you wanted those a few months ago when they were plentiful!

I just checked and all 3 are available on HTS. Use STARWARS10 to get 10% off.

bikerscout
08-25-2009, 07:05 AM
BAM! I couldn't believe that one. I've been holding out for a decent price on that thing and here it is on Target.com. I think it's a Hasbro deal where you get-

$10 off $30 or more
$20 off $60 or more
$30 off $90 or more

The code gets you an additional 10% off PLUS free shipping. It'll come to $65.84. WOW.

in addition (read on the TF boards) u can get LC Jetfire for about 32.50 with the deal and code. He may be out of stock now though.
thx for the heads up Crunchy & snags!!!

i couldn't resist, i broke down and got the TT. $65 is too good to pass up. That's 40% off. I figured even if i got lucky and found a TT on clearance for 30% off, that'd be $70 and with tax $77. I hope they honor this price, we'll all be ****ed if they don't

TheRupert
08-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Found Clone Trooper Denal this morning at Target, so I'm good with him now. :)

Chaddymac
08-25-2009, 12:22 PM
in addition (read on the TF boards) u can get LC Jetfire for about 32.50 with the deal and code. He may be out of stock now though.
thx for the heads up Crunchy & snags!!!

i couldn't resist, i broke down and got the TT. $65 is too good to pass up. That's 40% off. I figured even if i got lucky and found a TT on clearance for 30% off, that'd be $70 and with tax $77. I hope they honor this price, we'll all be ****ed if they don't
AAAaannd - out of stock.

TheRupert
08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Before I return them to Target...I have an extra Clone Trooper Denal, Cad Bane and Ashoka in Space Suit if anyone needs them.

Lemme know or else they are going back to Target!

JediTricks
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Actually, the one I called Valencia WM is probably what JT called Newhall Ranch? The one with a TRU right next to it (you'd think that combo would be a gold mine for toys!) I believe there are 2 other locations northwest and northeast of that one but I haven't ventured out there as I don't know the area that well. I know how to get to the aforementioned Walmart, Target on McBean and Magic Mountain and Six Flags Magic Mountain and that's about it. No, that one you're talking about next to TRU is indeed Valencia. Newhall Ranch is in, well, it's in Newhall Ranch. There's another one not far from there. I took the 5 to the 14, then took a couple roads. Since I was there, I also went to the one in Santa Clarita a few miles northwest (it was closer to the 5 freeway and made a nice 3-stop WM triangle). It's best to either GPS it or do what I did, Google Map it, as the area is quite desolate and a little confusing.

Crenshaw and Panorama City Wal Marts are the two-story variety. For some reason, those are the worst.Crenshaw is a 3-story, but you make a good point. They're also the only WMs in malls. I think it's because they're the only WMs not built to be a WM but built out of other businesses. Oddly, San Diego has a 3-story WM that's super nice, but I am pretty sure they built it for themselves.

It's out, but it's $69.99. It's a cool ship, but really? 70 bucks? I don't think so...Have you seen the box in person? And if so, where?

Before I return them to Target...I have an extra Clone Trooper Denal, Cad Bane and Ashoka in Space Suit if anyone needs them.

Lemme know or else they are going back to Target!I kinda want Bane and Ahsoka, but I'm super busy this week and won't be able to meet up until next week.

TheRupert
08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Have you seen the box in person? And if so, where?

I have seen it in person, saw it last Thursday at TRU in Culver City on Jefferson.
Looks pretty cool, but the amount they are charging for that and the ARC-170 is just silly...

figrin bran
08-25-2009, 09:45 PM

Lemme know or else they are going back to Target!

I'd like all 3 but like JT I don't have time to meet this week either. Plus he responded first and I'm not worried about finding those figures at all.

Jango Speck
08-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Even when I was hunting all the time, I never once wished that I had a WalMart in my town or any adjacent towns. I never shopped at WM until I needed SW exclusives- and now I have no reason (or almost no reason).

Anyone have a 12" Ark of the Covenant mail-away? I'd be willing to trade for some SW figures or older vehicles, or cash.

Also selling my Endor AT-AT, $100 which is what I paid (retail).

bikerscout
08-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Ahhhhhh!!!! Speck started page 666! Evil!!! :twisted:

K M Toydarian
08-26-2009, 04:17 AM
What the hell happened? :cross-eye
Interesting observation...:lipsrsealed:
this is the quote at the top of the first page. I was curious (as when logged in, the newest page is no.1 and the oldest is 666) after reading bikerscout's comment...Ahhhhhh!!!! Speck started page 666! Evil!!! :twisted:
coincidence?:D
Bought a Darth Maul legends today to keep carded as it has the darth maul sticker mail away. some EP 1 nostalgia you might say.

edit: of course I messed up the effect by posting, now it is a post further down the page! still funny to me, especially after just watching an episode of Reaper that was still on my Tivo

lifeinabox
08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I have seen it in person, saw it last Thursday at TRU in Culver City on Jefferson.
Looks pretty cool, but the amount they are charging for that and the ARC-170 is just silly...
I stopped by the same TRU last night and no signs of the Y-Wing. I was able to finally pick up Commander Ponds.

Where did you find the Denal/Cad Bane wave? I haven't been able to find them.

TheRupert
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I stopped by the same TRU last night and no signs of the Y-Wing. I was able to finally pick up Commander Ponds.

Where did you find the Denal/Cad Bane wave? I haven't been able to find them.

Target in Culver City on Jefferson - right near the TRU.

TheRupert
08-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Went to a couple of TRU's this morning, and they have reset the front displays that were GI Joe and Transformers to Star Wars. I'm assuming this is for the 2nd Season of Clone Wars??? Anyway, the entire front display is now Star Wars - which is nice to see :)

JediTricks
08-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Looks pretty cool, but the amount they are charging for that and the ARC-170 is just silly...I fully agree, but I gotta see that Y-wing box in person. Thanks for the 411!

Ahhhhhh!!!! Speck started page 666! Evil!!! :twisted:It's page 333 if you're displaying 20 posts per page. :p

figrin bran
08-28-2009, 01:54 AM
I could sure use a stash if any of you come across these Justice League packs at Target

Cheetah/Shade/Lex Luthor (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toy-archive/wp-content/uploads/Mattel/JLU/JLU3P09ChetLLCardFt.jpg)

Batman Beyond/Warhawk/Bruce Wayne (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toy-archive/wp-content/uploads/Mattel/JLU/JLU3P09BBCardFront.jpg)

Thanks! :D

Jango Speck
08-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Saw this tonight- very expensive at $189, but awesome looking. I love the base, so this will be something to save up for. Finally a decent Indy offering.

bikerscout
08-28-2009, 04:43 AM
wow! Is that a fuji? Or a gala?? :p (sorry, couldn't resist)

TheRupert
08-29-2009, 01:48 PM
wow! Is that a fuji? Or a gala?? :p (sorry, couldn't resist)

Definitely not a Fuji. I'm going with Gala...

figrin bran
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM
I have a Lumiya and Katarn/Vong comic pack stashed at Pasadena East (1 story) Target. PM me if you want them.

I got the Darth Krayt/Sigel Dare comic pack from there as well as Space Anakin from Glendale Target and Commander Gree from Smeagol Rock.

TheRupert
08-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Heads up: Clone Wars Y-Wing Bombers are starting to hit in full swing at Targets and Wal-Marts...I know there are a few of you looking for this.

bikerscout
08-31-2009, 01:20 AM
no Wedge X-wings yet huh?

Jango Speck
08-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh. My. GOD!

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

JediTricks
08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Man, I sure wish I hadn't been caught up in family drama around my birthday, or I totally would have picked up those comic pack stashes.

I could sure use a stash if any of you come across these Justice League packs at Target

Cheetah/Shade/Lex Luthor (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toy-archive/wp-content/uploads/Mattel/JLU/JLU3P09ChetLLCardFt.jpg)

Batman Beyond/Warhawk/Bruce Wayne (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toy-archive/wp-content/uploads/Mattel/JLU/JLU3P09BBCardFront.jpg)

Thanks! :D
Gah, that Batman Beyond pack is too awesome! I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in!

Saw this tonight- very expensive at $189, but awesome looking. I love the base, so this will be something to save up for. Finally a decent Indy offering.Geez that's nice. If Sideshow had given me a higher amount gift card, I'd probably buy it.

Oh. My. GOD!

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/Nice site. I'm considering going with a buddy of mine who is really eager to go opening day. I am on the fence as I kind of want to wait until it leaves Anaheim and comes to the Nokia Center downtown, as I'd much rather drive 6 miles than 40, but I do respect the desire to do opening night. I am also not quite as excited only because I'm going to see John Williams conduct the LA Philharmonic next week at the Hollywood Bowl, my dad got us tix for a birthday present.

bikerscout
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh. My. GOD!

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

News of this broke on SW day of SDCC. U didn't know??? A. Daniels came out right after they showed the clip -very thrilling, esp. if u'd never seen him before. Goin on 10/8 -Nokia.

Jango Speck
08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Didn't go to SDCC, and haven't read any news about this concert, so it was a surprise to me.

figrin bran
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Man, I sure wish I hadn't been caught up in family drama around my birthday, or I totally would have picked up those comic pack stashes.

Gah, that Batman Beyond pack is too awesome! I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in!

JT, if you should see one please stash or even pick up for me. Thanks! I've decided I want at least two of the sets so I can put Bruce's head on the Bats Beyond costume like on the first Bats Beyond episode.

I picked up a Marvel Universe (I still can't believe Disney is buying Marvel!) Red Hulk today.

Commtech
08-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice site. I'm considering going with a buddy of mine who is really eager to go opening day. I am on the fence as I kind of want to wait until it leaves Anaheim and comes to the Nokia Center downtown, as I'd much rather drive 6 miles than 40, but I do respect the desire to do opening night. I am also not quite as excited only because I'm going to see John Williams conduct the LA Philharmonic next week at the Hollywood Bowl, my dad got us tix for a birthday present.

Me too. I'm going with my wife and a couple of friends this weekend to the Bowl. Are you bringing your light saber JT? I've heard that when they get to the Star Wars music section, everyone lights up their sabers and it looks great!

TheRupert
09-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Picked up the new Clone Wars Y-Wing Bomber tonight @ Wal-Mart.

Turbowars - you have PM.

Tycho
09-01-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm going to that Star Wars In Concert on Opening Night actually.

I have 4 tickets in the 7th row. Should be a great time.

bikerscout
09-01-2009, 04:39 AM
P. Ranch wally had a Clone Trp. Denal and an ARF trooper out as of Mon. nite.

Sepulveda Target had a G.I. Joe Agent Helix (from the IDW movie prequel comic) She looks really cool. Stashed her - PM for details.

I might just have to bring my laser sword to Nokia on 10/8 for SWIC. :yes: Hope it doesn't **** people off though.

Tycho
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I am bringing a non-Star Wars fan date with me and my Star Wars / baseball buddy and his wife. I don't think we'll be carrying any lightsabers.

In other news I picked up 2 Cad Banes this morning at Target. Now I'm all caught up with the figures I want.

If the Y-wing shows up, I'll consider it.

I'm also considering buying more Magna Guard starfighters or large Vulcher Droid fighters.

JediTricks
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
JT, if you should see one please stash or even pick up for me. Thanks! I've decided I want at least two of the sets so I can put Bruce's head on the Bats Beyond costume like on the first Bats Beyond episode. Sure, an extra will be stashed or picked up for you if I can do that. That Bruce wasn't so old though, and was a much bigger physique than Terry. I would suggest taking a generic Bats and removing the cowl and cape, but I guess there's no other Bruce Wayne head to use.

Me too. I'm going with my wife and a couple of friends this weekend to the Bowl. Are you bringing your light saber JT? I've heard that when they get to the Star Wars music section, everyone lights up their sabers and it looks great!I hadn't heard that folks did that. I'm not entirely sure I'm going now though, a serious family thing has come up. If I do go though, I very well might bring 2 sabers.

Tycho
09-02-2009, 04:24 AM
I just bought the Y-wing at Wal-Mart and feel so ripped-off and dirty about it.

$70 after tax. From Wal-Mart!!!

This thing is staying in the box with the receipt taped to it because as soon as there is a sale and I can get one cheaper....

I'm actually mad. This is a $30 pricepoint vehicle. Jerks! :mad:

K M Toydarian
09-02-2009, 04:43 AM
50 bucks max thats for sure. I feel better dropping 100 on the turbo tank and speeder bike than this.
Think we'll see the Tank in a big box set this year at Costco? That would look cool.

lifeinabox
09-02-2009, 10:51 AM
50 bucks max thats for sure. I feel better dropping 100 on the turbo tank and speeder bike than this.
Think we'll see the Tank in a big box set this year at Costco? That would look cool.
I'm sure we'll see a Costco special. I believe someone confirmed on RS from Costco computers of the TT plus the helmet/blaster combo similar to last year.

Waiting for the inevitable discount/coupon to pick up the y-wing. Can't justify spending the current asking price.

I did receive my $60 TT last night! :thumbsup:

bikerscout
09-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Just be glad it wasn't an exclusive. Esp. TRU. I agree with KM -50 bux max. U r getting a whopper of a vehicle for this price. I forget -is a figure included?

CrunchyNug
09-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Speaking of Y-Wings, I can't believe that Target is selling it for $64.99 and TRU has it listed for $79.99. What a big difference!

K M Toydarian
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Burbank and Noho Targets have wedge's Xwing for 49.99. Includes wedge,R2 unit, and 2 ladders. Seems like the Y wing for 65+ should have a pilot.

TheRupert
09-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Found the Clone Wars Wal-Mart Exclusive 2 packs tonight. Found both sets: Thire & Rys and Yoda & Jek. These are by far my favorite thing released for Clone Wars yet!
Also found a ton of the new Wal-Mart Exclusive Evolutions Packs - I don't collect these so I left them behind, but they did look pretty cool - especially the Clone Commando pack. PM me for location info.

The only thing I'm really trying to find now is Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter. So if any of you see that when you're out & about, do me a favor and stash that badboy for me if you don't mind!

Tycho
09-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Just be glad it wasn't an exclusive. Esp. TRU. I agree with KM -50 bux max. U r getting a whopper of a vehicle for this price. I forget -is a figure included?

No. There's no figure included. The Y-Wing can seat Anakin, Ahsoka, and R2D2 (each sold separately of course).

bikerscout
09-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Yeah, that's wack. The Y-wing should have one figure at least for the price point.

For the Evo. Clone Commando pack --if anyone just wants Fi and Alpha and doesn't want the Storm Commando, plmk, I will buy or trade. Thx.

figrin bran
09-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Pasadena (2 story) Target has a Wedge X-Wing as well.

CrunchyNug
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Got me some of the new Clone Wars 2-packs from WM yesterday. I really like these. Can't wait for round 2!!!

TheRupert
09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Got me some of the new Clone Wars 2-packs from WM yesterday. I really like these. Can't wait for round 2!!!

There's a round 2??!!?!? :shocked:

CrunchyNug
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
I believe another WM exclusive as well. I forget which Episode they're from this time, but the first pack is Cody & Echo. The second pack is Rex & Fives. RS has pics.

elvandrik
09-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I found Wedge's X-wing on an end cap today at Target in Omaha, Nebraska.

BlueSnags
09-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Saw both the Y-Wing and Wedge X-Wing today - passing for now. Waiting for the inevitable sale on both. Thanks to Crunchy for the CW 2-pack hookup!

-Snags

TheRupert
09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
I believe another WM exclusive as well. I forget which Episode they're from this time, but the first pack is Cody & Echo. The second pack is Rex & Fives. RS has pics.

Ahhhh okay - I know what you're talking about. Those are the "Beneath the Helmet" sets...Both from the Clone Wars Episode "Rookies".

JediTricks
09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Spotted the Yoda & Jek Wal-mart 2pack at WM Crenshaw.

Spotted and bought the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid at Target West Hollywood. It's a pretty decent size, and I'm glad to see they put in not 1 but 2 cockpits, one for a driver, the other for a gunner. The center tank tread works and is fairly smooth. It seems like this would have wold very well when ROTS came out, no idea why they made something like the Wookiee Flyer but not this. No footpegs on the outriggers though.

figrin bran
09-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Found the Clone Wars Wal-Mart Exclusive 2 packs tonight. Found both sets: Thire & Rys and Yoda & Jek. These are by far my favorite thing released for Clone Wars yet!
Also found a ton of the new Wal-Mart Exclusive Evolutions Packs - I don't collect these so I left them behind, but they did look pretty cool - especially the Clone Commando pack. PM me for location info.

The only thing I'm really trying to find now is Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter. So if any of you see that when you're out & about, do me a favor and stash that badboy for me if you don't mind!

I stashed Padawan Tano's Starfighter but it's all the way out in Valencia (McBean and MM Parkway) Target.

I found the latest wave of JLU packs at La Cienega Target! The remnants of that wave were also at Glendale Target so I don't know if any of you got them or El Senor Sanchez did.

I thought about heading to WM Crenshaw as well but didn't.

TheRupert
09-05-2009, 06:08 PM
I stashed Padawan Tano's Starfighter but it's all the way out in Valencia (McBean and MM Parkway) Target.

Nice! Thanks for stashing that for me! I'm sending you a PM for stash location!

CrunchyNug
09-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I found the latest wave of JLU packs at La Cienega Target! The remnants of that wave were also at Glendale Target so I don't know if any of you got them or El Senor Sanchez did.

Which ones are those exactly? Are there 2 new ones this time?

figrin bran
09-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Which ones are those exactly? Are there 2 new ones this time?

Batman Beyond/Warhawk/Bruce Wayne

and Cheetah/Shade/Luthor in orange prison jumpsuit

Jango Speck
09-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Burbank Target had that Ki Adi Mundi and Tusken Raider comic pack. Also had Wedge's X-Wing and remnants of the wave with old man Kenobi with Leia hologram. Also, several aisles over, was a set of new Ultra Stylized Bobble-Heads: Yoda, Vader, Chewie and Boba Fett. They are in cyllindrical packages like Order 66 was.

TheRupert
09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Found lots and lots of the Wal-Mart Exclusive Octuptarra Droid today. PM me for location.

Jango Speck
09-06-2009, 04:25 PM
TRU is selling the BMF for $79.99 today and Monday only. I was so tempted, but decided to buy a ceiling fan instead at OSH.

TheRupert
09-06-2009, 06:39 PM
TRU is selling the BMF for $79.99 today and Monday only. I was so tempted, but decided to buy a ceiling fan instead at OSH.

Yep. I was tempted too. Also really tempted by the AT-TE for $50, I just don't know what the heck I'd do with it! lol

figrin bran
09-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Yep. I was tempted too. Also really tempted by the AT-TE for $50, I just don't know what the heck I'd do with it! lol

One of the clone cash coupons I have would bring it down to just $45. Very, very tempting!

TheRupert
09-07-2009, 12:40 AM
A buddy of mine bought the AT-TE today and brought it over so I could check it out. I have to say, I'm impressed. It's very, very cool and a steal for $50. I'll be picking one up tomorrow I think...

TheRupert
09-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Found the "Beneath the Helmet" Wal-Mart exclusive 2 packs this morning with JodyB at Wal-Mart

Just like the other 2 packs, they are $12.96 each.

figrin bran
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
I found remnants of the TPM Legacy wave at Valencia Target today. All that was left were the repack figures - Jawa, Luke stormie, Han stormie and Biker Scout.

Commtech
09-08-2009, 01:18 AM

Good call! Home is first.

Jango Speck
09-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Someone deleted my two posts from last night. How did this happen?

bikerscout
09-08-2009, 11:57 AM
i told u starting the 666th page would be bad :razz:

DarkKnight4516
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Yesterday i came across the commando and pilots evolutions at porter ranch walmart (had to pay the full 24.98)depressed by not finding the imp pilots i went to my local walmart today and found a s*load of evolutions when iwent to purchase the imp pilots i missed they did not ring up as usual i told him it was 14.96 and it worked (f.y.i.: go to electronics to ring out their to lasy to check) i then went home to gather more cash and go back to repurchase the others and return the rediculously priced 24.98 ones. when i got back they were removed from the shelf but i did come across a supposedly rare sandstorm chebacca mynock only to find on my way out a disturbed collector with a y-wing at the checkout probably upset by the evolutions and thus him prob being the reason they were removed. - thats my rant i know its long no sign of the tpm wave or occtuparra droid.

TheRupert
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Someone deleted my two posts from last night. How did this happen?

eh??? Why are posts getting deleted???

I have an extra set of the Clone Wars 2 packs available if anyone needs them.

Thire & Rys and Yoda & Jek.

Lemme know.

Anyone seen the new Target Exclusive Battlepacks yet???

Jango Speck
09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
What I posted last night was this:

I'm selling two Acme Giclees from the original Clone Wars cartoon. One is Light of the Jedi, and the other is Shadow of the Sith. They are $89 each (original price) unframed, or $100 with the metal black frame that I put them in.

BTW, TRU has converted the front main display area back to Star Wars, perhaps in anticipation of CW season 2?

CrunchyNug
09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
BTW, TRU has converted the front main display area back to Star Wars, perhaps in anticipation of CW season 2?

Bye bye GI Joe, hello Clone Wars.

Recent scores...

Corporate Alliance Tank ($17.99) on sale at Target
WM 2-packs w1 Thire & Rys, Yoda & Jek

JLU 3-packs - got these just before Headphones did this morning. Ran into him a second time at another Target, where he asked me if I was into Star Wars figures. I said yes and then he proceeded to tell me that he found the new TPM wave yesterday. Funny, now I'm getting hot tips from the best scalper in SoCal! His Ebay listings confirm it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-STAR-WARS-LEGACY-COLLECTION-BD9-RUM-SLEG_W0QQitemZ270453505380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ef848fd64&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-STAR-WARS-LEGACY-COLLECTION-BD10-DARTH-SIDIOUS_W0QQitemZ280394710549QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4148d3be15&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1151

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-STAR-WARS-LEGACY-COLLECTION-BD11-CLEGG-HOLDFAST_W0QQitemZ280394711455QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4148d3c19f&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1151

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-STAR-WARS-LEGACY-COLLECTION-BD8-QUEEN-AMIDALA_W0QQitemZ280394984575QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4148d7ec7f&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1151

JediTricks
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Someone deleted my two posts from last night. How did this happen?There are no deleted posts in this thread from that time period, they'd show up on my console. The last deleted post from this thread was June 29th, 2008. Is it possible you previewed them but didn't actually post them? Or perhaps posted them in a different thread? It's possible there was a system glitch, but there would be more than 1 report of this if that was the case.

K M Toydarian
09-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Picked up the older Preview exclusive Tie Fighter today at Rite Aid for 19.99. My first larger wing Tie, for 20 bucks, I couldn't resist. They were on the top shelf along the edge of the store, had a dozen or so. They also had the CRIMSON EMPIRE 6 pack (multi color guards). Passed on that one for 19.99. While I was looking though, a little kid, probably about 5 was interested, so I told his mom where they were. The boy kept saying "but it's got 6 people in it" as a ploy for her to buy it. I think she did! Cool to see little kids get excited about Star Wars.

JodyB
09-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Bye bye GI Joe, hello Clone Wars.

JLU 3-packs - got these just before Headphones did this morning. Ran into him a second time at another Target, where he asked me if I was into Star Wars figures. I said yes and then he proceeded to tell me that he found the new TPM wave yesterday. Funny, now I'm getting hot tips from the best scalper in SoCal! His Ebay listings confirm it.

He is pretty good... Here's some action photos of him on his morning runs that Rupert and I got!

CrunchyNug
09-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Too funny man. I've got one also actually.

Chaddymac
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Too funny man. I've got one also actually.
It's stuff like this that replaces the anger I feel towards scalpers with genuine pity. Almost worth paying the ridiculous prices they charge and calling the over charge "charity."

elvandrik
09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
FAIL....middle-aged scalper who rides the bus to gather star wars figs to resell on e-bay. Those pics are classic. I wonder if he bends the cards on the ones he leaves on the pegs for the rest of us. LOL. I'll bet my whole collection he's single too.

Jango Speck
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
There are no deleted posts in this thread from that time period, they'd show up on my console. The last deleted post from this thread was June 29th, 2008. Is it possible you previewed them but didn't actually post them? Or perhaps posted them in a different thread? It's possible there was a system glitch, but there would be more than 1 report of this if that was the case.

I'm pretty sure I posted, because when I went back to the thread, I saw them. Maybe I was dreaming.

bikerscout
09-09-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I posted, because when I went back to the thread, I saw them. Maybe I was dreaming.

There is no spoon. (20 pts. to the first to tell me what that was from:thumbsup:)

Want that new Obi-wan, but don't want to go all around LA just for him.

elvandrik
09-09-2009, 10:04 AM
That quote is from the Matrix (greatest zen flick ever!!). Your question was "all too easy"!:thumbsup:

Tycho
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I got the huge Octoparra Droid at Wal-Mart (exclusive to there).

I also got the Transformers Legends Skids (just out) to go with Legends Mudflap (on scale with Devastator).

They had the Clone Wars 2-packs and the Evolutions sets as well - and Target had the Wedge X-wing, but I wasn't interested.

I did see a cool Galactic Heroes set with IG-86 and a clone ARC Trooper or some kind of specialist (I'm trying to remember). It was cool but I had no need to buy it.

CrunchyNug
09-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I was witness to one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time this morning at Target, but I'll have to let our boy Sentry tell the story. HINT - it definitely involves Headphones. :whip:

TheRupert
09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I was witness to one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time this morning at Target, but I'll have to let our boy Sentry tell the story. HINT - it definitely involves Headphones. :whip:

YOU FILTHY TEASE!!!!

Do tell! Do tell!

sentry
09-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Nug is referring to my throwing all sorts of right shoulder and as$ in the direction of Headphones as he tried to leap over me to grab the new wave of DCUC that I was reaching for. Luckily I heard him running down the aisle behind me and c**kblocked him big time and grabbed the entire 2 rows of figures in one swoop so he could not get them. I gave him a hearty "Thank You" and he quickly scurried away defeated (hopefully never to be seen at my Target again??...doubtful), I put back the crap I didn't want and gave Nug one of the figures. I always give headphones a hard time when he is in the same store as me. I have to, as I know what he is and he annoys the sh#t out of me. I personally enjoy making him run up the stairs.

TheRupert
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
LOL absolutely LOVE it!

bikerscout
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
+1 for the collectors. Wish that was on video -that'd be hilarious.

and +20 for elvandrik. He knows what's up and has been freed from the matrix. (Unlike Speck, in la-la land with his deleted posts :p)

RUSHBOY
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I saw the new clone wars 2 packs (wave 2) @ walmart today
(rex and fives) (cody and echo) ! They also had the DCUC 5 packs and the octuparra droid !!
PM for location !!

lifeinabox
09-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I finally picked up Cad Bane and Denal from the Gardena WM this morning. Curiously, they had pallets of stuff last night in front of the toy section including Octuptarra Droid cases but they were all gone in the morning with no new product on the shelf. Guess they unload pallets into the store and then haul them to the back?

They did have the DCUD 5 pack with blue Aquaman in place of Lex Luthor! :mad: Disappointing since I've wanted the pack for some time and the sheer lameness that someone pulled a swap and return.

BlueSnags
09-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Great Headphones story and pics, guys.

I remember the first time Pink Snags saw Headphones. It was one morning at Pacoima Target. He was scurrying around the toy aisles, wearing his headphones and talking to himself, just muttering nonsense under his breath. Pink looked at me and said, "I always thought you were exaggerating when you described Headphones, but now I see that you were not."

-Snags

figrin bran
09-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Speck, I found out what happened to your post. It never got deleted. You happened to post it in the Cars toys thread (which doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense :p )

Nug is referring to my throwing all sorts of right shoulder and as$ in the direction of Headphones as he tried to leap over me to grab the new wave of DCUC that I was reaching for. Luckily I heard him running down the aisle behind me and cockblocked him big time and grabbed the entire 2 rows of figures in one swoop so he could not get them. I gave him a hearty "Thank You" and he quickly scurried away defeated (hopefully never to be seen at my Target again??...doubtful), I put back the crap I didn't want and gave Nug one of the figures. I always give headphones a hard time when he is in the same store as me. I have to, as I know what he is and he annoys the sh#t out of me. I personally enjoy making him run up the stairs.

Great job sentry! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Speck, I found out what happened to your post. It never got deleted. You happened to post it in the Cars toys thread (which doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense :p ) Nicely done figgy B! The sad part is, I checked his post history and scanned my tired eyes right past it earlier.

Jango Speck
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Speck, I found out what happened to your post. It never got deleted. You happened to post it in the Cars toys thread (which doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense :p )

Very strange, I recenty cancelled my subscription to that thread, but haven't read it in a long time. Not sure how I posted to it, since I remember reading the LA Just Found thread when I posted my new messages. Maybe I was sleep posting. Thanks for ending the mystery.

DarkKnight4516
09-10-2009, 10:31 AM
found the second wave of the walmart 2 packs this morning the under the helmet w/ rex fives cody and echo mad that 2 out of 4 are repacks if you consider blue had rex new also icked up the previews tie at riteaid for a steal of 20 bucks

Tycho
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Nice moves, Sentry!

It was a pleasure reading about that.

Anyone getting the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid while it is on sale?

I keep missing it. I guess Ahsoka Tano's starfighter is left in the remnants of that assortment.

figrin bran
09-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I just happened to be posting in that Cars thread and that's how I found Speck's missing thread.

Tycho, I think JT got the Tank Droid. I just got the Y wing this week so no more vehicles for the time being.

For Marvel collectors, I stashed Secret Wars wave 2 Hulk/Cyclops at Glendale Target. PM me if you want it.

JediTricks
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I got the Tank Droid, but not on sale. CrunchyNug got one on sale though.

Tycho
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
My friend picked me up a Tank Droid in a destroyed box (I think - he was opening it at Customer Service to make sure all the parts were still there before he left the store with it. I haven't heard back from him since this morning, but he's usually pretty busy.)

Anyway, I'll need 3 more of these I think:

2 for Kashyyyyk
2 for CW Christophis I guess.

Let's see:

Geonosis: No
Coruscant: No
Utopau: No
Mygeeto: No
Fallucia: No

I don't think I'm going to take it beyond that.

OT: SW EU - No

Turbowars
09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Awesome story about Headphones! One cool part where I moved I have yet to see a scalper. I loved Burbank, but you guys can have the stores.

Got a great deal on a CW Y-Wing. Paid $26.86 plus $13.14 shipping. One of Hasbro's best ships!

Commtech
09-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Nug is referring to my throwing all sorts of right shoulder and as$ in the direction of Headphones as he tried to leap over me to grab the new wave of DCUC that I was reaching for. Luckily I heard him running down the aisle behind me and c**kblocked him big time and grabbed the entire 2 rows of figures in one swoop so he could not get them. I gave him a hearty "Thank You" and he quickly scurried away defeated (hopefully never to be seen at my Target again??...doubtful), I put back the crap I didn't want and gave Nug one of the figures. I always give headphones a hard time when he is in the same store as me. I have to, as I know what he is and he annoys the sh#t out of me. I personally enjoy making him run up the stairs.

LOL! I immediately imagined that part in bold spoken by Ferris Bueller with a cocky/high class attitude.:D

bikerscout
09-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Lol. Darth Anton told me he was there during that incident and heard the "Thank you." Too bad he didn't see the action - must've arrived there late. Sentry was just living up to his name anyway --protecting the figs for the collectors. :bandit:

If anyone spots those BAD scouts plmk. Looking for them and padawan Obi. Thanx.

figrin bran
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Lol. Darth Anton told me he was there during that incident and heard the "Thank you." Too bad he didn't see the action - must've arrived there late. Sentry was just living up to his name anyway --protecting the figs for the collectors. :bandit:

If anyone spots those BAD scouts plmk. Looking for them and padawan Obi. Thanx.

Now you ask for them! I've seen a few of the black carded scout troopers this past week.

Turbowars
09-11-2009, 08:06 PM
When TAC was around there were hundreds of Scouts on the pegs at every store.:whip:

bikerscout
09-11-2009, 08:27 PM
not the same TW --these are new deco. I at least would like 1 carded, 1 opener.

Where did u see them again Bran --targ or wally?? hopefully u saw my pm too, pls hit me up.

oh ya, the reason i'm late in asking -I was checking RS, & i check the TLC thread/recent acqs last -oftentimes i run out of time and postpone seeing the threads for a few days & just don't get to it. Since i read up on them now i want em!!!!

Turbowars
09-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh the new rehash with the crap coated belt. Pretty lame.

figrin bran
09-11-2009, 09:32 PM
not the same TW --these are new deco. I at least would like 1 carded, 1 opener.

Where did u see them again Bran --targ or wally?? hopefully u saw my pm too, pls hit me up.

oh ya, the reason i'm late in asking -I was checking RS, & i check the TLC thread/recent acqs last -oftentimes i run out of time and postpone seeing the threads for a few days & just don't get to it. Since i read up on them now i want em!!!!

I saw them at Target and yes, I can certainly alert you if I find that particular item you were asking about.

bikerscout
09-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Oh the new rehash with the crap coated belt. Pretty lame.

:tired: Wth is a turbowar anyway??

Thanx fig!!!! :thumbsup:

Turbowars
09-13-2009, 01:18 PM
It's a secret. Why so tired?

bikerscout
09-14-2009, 12:05 AM
not tired, just the expression i wanted since i was mocked. It's not the most exciting scout, but it is a variation that i need to get nonetheless.

Any sign of the new comic packs yet??

figrin bran
09-14-2009, 10:34 AM
I had the Vong and Lumiya comic packs stashed 2-3 weeks ago but no one was interested.

Tycho
09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I would be, Figrin. I didn't see that post of yours.

What store did you find them in? Walmt, Target, or TRU?

PM me if you'd like.