PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

CrunchyNug
09-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Found TPM wave this morning at Target. Not too shabby of a wave, but I passed on most of them.

JediTricks
09-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Found TPM wave this morning at Target. Not too shabby of a wave, but I passed on most of them.
Which Target? I was geared up to go out for a hunt this morning after a few hard weeks, but ended up getting sucked into dealing with the stupid Q&A instead, which was not as good a payoff.

bikerscout
09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
pm sent JT.

Bran -- i saw that post about those comic packs. I was hopin the storm cmdo pks would be out soon.

JediTricks
09-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks Bikescout.

I also saw Figgy B's post, and responded to it that I missed it because it was my birthday or I had a wisdom tooth taken out or my grandma was in the hospital (not sure when it was posted, but the excuse was one of those 3 recent events in my life).

Turbowars
09-14-2009, 08:24 PM
not tired, just the expression i wanted since i was mocked. It's not the most exciting scout, but it is a variation that i need to get nonetheless.

Any sign of the new comic packs yet??
Oh man don't be so sensitive. You weren't being mocked. I think it looks bad. There's no reason why Hasbro should had done this.

On a happeir note, can some one pic me up a Rom Sleg? Crunchy maybe?

bikerscout
09-15-2009, 06:46 AM
o ya, before i forget, my Mon. report: LF TRU had Swerve and Arcee as far as tfs. Nothin really good for SW. And glendale Target had at least 5 HA Sideswipes and a few Wedge x-wing exclusives

bikerscout
09-19-2009, 05:11 AM
wow. cricket city..........................................

Commtech
09-19-2009, 03:53 PM
chirp...... chirp.....

BlueSnags
09-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Found/bought the following today (Target):

TPM Obi-Wan
TPM Gungan Warrior
TPM Rum Sleg
TPM Podracer
TPM Sidious
Repack Spacetrooper
Repack Biker Scout

No sign of TPM Amidala - still looking for her.

Also picked up a Garindan mini-bust this week - very cool.

-Snags

Tycho
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
My friend found all TPM wave for me at Target.

I got:

2 Amidala
4 Clegg Holdfast
1 Gungan (decided NOW, that I want another :rolleyes: )
1 Sidious Holo (could use another of his droid parts, I think)
1 Jawa w. WED droid - for the head as I didn't need Obi-Wan (prob want 1 more)
3 Rum Slegs (want 5 more I think, for general use as background)

bikerscout
09-20-2009, 01:38 AM
found this on yodasnews, check it out:

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ticketing/starwars.jsp

Plmk if anyone can get a large group together --this would be a blast!!! Plmk asap, dunno how many tix are left

Tycho
09-20-2009, 03:14 AM
The Dodgers are just jealous because we (The San Diego Padres) have the Ecksteins (David at 2nd base, Ashley on The Clone Wars as Ahsoka Tano).

Darn L.A. - trying to have everything and the penant, too? Well, you might make it to the World Series, but you can't keep the Ecksteins!

Nice try though.

BTW: went to a LA Angels game and they show Star Wars clips on their big screen, too. R2-D2 projects "the infamous monkey." :rolleyes:

Well sorry LA: San Diego is the team to play for if you're a Jedi Knight!

figrin bran
09-20-2009, 12:51 PM
The Dodgers are just jealous because we (The San Diego Padres) have the Ecksteins (David at 2nd base, Ashley on The Clone Wars as Ahsoka Tano).

Darn L.A. - trying to have everything and the penant, too? Well, you might make it to the World Series, but you can't keep the Ecksteins!

Nice try though.

BTW: went to a LA Angels game and they show Star Wars clips on their big screen, too. R2-D2 projects "the infamous monkey." :rolleyes:

Well sorry LA: San Diego is the team to play for if you're a Jedi Knight!

Angels fan here! Give us back the Ecksteins, SD!

Turbowars
09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Picked up a Drunken Rum Sleg off e-bay for $9 shipped. Considering figures are about $8 + out the door it's a good deal to me. My Jedi wave should be in my hands next week. Can't wait for the BAD Astro Droids!!

bikerscout
09-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Really disappointed - all of the collectors i know aren't even remotely interested and/or have something that day and can't go. Not very fun going by myself. :sad::upset:

Tycho
09-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Really disappointed - all of the collectors i know aren't even remotely interested and/or have something that day and can't go. Not very fun going by myself. :sad::upset:

What are you talking about?

Turbowars
09-21-2009, 07:53 PM
The Dodger game. You know the game that can put many to sleep. :sleeping:

Tycho
09-21-2009, 08:06 PM
The Dodger game. You know the game that can put many to sleep. :sleeping:

Doesn't put me to sleep, but instead puts me in a state of rage that THIS is still probably the team that will represent the NL West instead of my Padres.

Though Colorado has been playing very impressively and you never know what could happen as the season winds down. I haven't checked the standings for a few days - only the Padres' daily scores.

But I'll be going BOTH nights the Dodgers are in town here on the 29, 30th to see the Padres CRUSH them!!! :upset::evil::twisted::mad:

Star Wars fans are welcome to join me - just let me know really, really soon, as I'll be buying the tickets. Just remember, the Force is with San Diego. We have the Ecksteins! (you guys let him leave Anaheim - don't blame us for giving him a home).

Turbowars
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: :sleeping:

Commtech
09-21-2009, 10:43 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: :sleeping:

LOL!!

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I'd rather watch a soccer match (but then again, I'm mexican).

Jango Speck
09-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Walking into Dodger Stadium is amazing, but the crowds, traffic and price of food/beer is enough to keep me away. I did see Foo Fighters and the Police last year, but the beer line was over an hour long- F that!

Commtech
09-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Walking into Dodger Stadium is amazing, but the crowds, traffic and price of food/beer is enough to keep me away. I did see Foo Fighters and the Police last year, but the beer line was over an hour long- F that!

Hey, I was at that concerto too.

Yeah, I have been only once in my life to a Dodger game. It was a good/interesting experience, but I don't see myself going back like in 10 years!

wampaslayr
09-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Porter Ranch TRU had three Commander Ponds figures on the pegs if anyone still needs one.

Tycho
09-22-2009, 05:15 AM
LOL!!

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I'd rather watch a soccer match (but then again, I'm mexican).

Adrian Gonzalez (1B)
Edgar Gonzalez (2B, RF)
Henry Blanco (C)
Eliazar Alfonso (C)

possibly

Everth Cabrera (SS)
Louis Salazar (LF)

Are all Mexican and they do NOT put anyone to sleep at San Diego Padres games!

The Dodgers are just the Dodgers but possibly bound for the World Series.

But San Diego has come together. Watch us win the rest of our games this year (including the Dodgers on the 29 and 30).

And we will be a contender in beisbol next year!

bikerscout
09-22-2009, 06:39 AM
terrible. On 3 SW/collecting sites regularly and no one wants to go. Might as well be trekkies. It's unlimited free food (w/tkt purchase) excluding beer. Free exclusive shirt too.

Commtech
09-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Adrian Gonzalez (1B)
Edgar Gonzalez (2B, RF)
Henry Blanco (C)
Eliazar Alfonso (C)

possibly

Everth Cabrera (SS)
Louis Salazar (LF)

Are all Mexican and they do NOT put anyone to sleep at San Diego Padres games!

The Dodgers are just the Dodgers but possibly bound for the World Series.

But San Diego has come together. Watch us win the rest of our games this year (including the Dodgers on the 29 and 30).

And we will be a contender in beisbol next year!

Well, what I meant was that in Mexico we grow up watching Soccer as the main sport and the majority of Mexicans prefer it over any sport, so it's not fair of me to judge baseball as a boring game. There is a baseball league in Mexico, though.
Still, Mexican-Americans will prefer baseball 1,000 times over Soccer. But thanks for the info, Tycho.:) I didn't know there were so many Mexicans playing with the Padres. I thought they were all Dominican or Puerto Rican.

JediTricks
09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Baseball is just too darned slow to watch sitting at the stadium, especially when you can stay home and watch it on TV where you can see the action clearly and change channels when it gets boring (read: 2nd inning).

Turbowars
09-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Baseball is just too darned slow to watch sitting at the stadium, especially when you can stay home and watch it on TV where you can see the action clearly and change channels when it gets boring (read: 2nd inning).Yeah there's a reason why they sell beer you know Mike. I don't care how fast a guy runs or if there is a home run. I find the game it's self to be boring and a game played by over paid whiners that take drugs. These guys are not heroes. :whip: Anyways.....The funny thing is I like playing it.:shocked::thumbsup:

Tycho
09-23-2009, 02:04 AM
You like the drugs, right Turbo? ;)

Baseball is just too darned slow to watch sitting at the stadium, especially when you can stay home and watch it on TV where you can see the action clearly and change channels when it gets boring (read: 2nd inning).

Baseball is 10 times better watched live at the stadium versus football.

I had 50 yardline (mid-level) seats for the Chargers' pre-season game against Seattle. AT THE GAME, I couldn't tell what happened in a pile-up until the leading referee announced it. With football on TV, every camera angle is re-shown for any key down and I can make up my mind for myself about "what just happened."

In most plays in baseball - I can see it quite clearly at a live game. There are some plays, pitches, tags etc. that are best decided (by fans) with instant-replay.

Baseball is not boring. With 2 outs in the top of the 9th inning, the Padres down 6-11, they came back and struck for 4 runs (with 2 men out, mind you) and nearly tied it up with the Rockies, finally losing 10-11, but not for a lack of effort on their part. And the whole game was played in a downpour of rain!

bikerscout
09-23-2009, 07:32 AM
I just haaad to bring up sports around Tycho......:pleased: :p

At Bran's favorite P.City wally, they had a few of the CW excl. 2 packs. My first time seein em. I like the Thire pack, but I'm not collecting that line & thus don't need it that bad. Although he is a cmdr looking clone - nah, i took back my Cmdr Ponds anyway. Wheelie is pegwarming so bad he may even best the Neimodian Warrior. :laugh:

Turbowars
09-24-2009, 07:28 PM
I got my Jedi wave today and the Scout doesn't look that bad. All the figures look great on the cards. It will hurt to open them for the droid parts.

bikerscout
09-25-2009, 02:20 AM
I knew u would see the light TW. I have yet to find that scout.

Hit up Porter ranch TRU and wally. Nothing good at TRU save for the one new Y-wing. Box dinged on the corner. As far as SW, Wally had the 3 new Evol. packs. Lots of Rebel & Imp. pilots, but only one Commando pack with a ripped box. TFwise they had 2 LC Jetfires. This was at 3:30ish. I was excited since it was my first time seein him & he was only $35, but passed for now -owe 2 friends some $ (one for SW in Concert). JF will probably get some kind of update or repaint anyway like H always does -then if i can find him at a good price again I'll get him.

Still looking for the B.A.D. Biker scout and TPM padawan Obi-wan.

MicroJow
09-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Just thought I'd mention that a friend of mine is participating in a block-long yard sale this Saturday, September 26th:

7 AM, 7000 block of Lasaine Ave. in West Van Nuys (Lake Balboa.) At least two homes will be putting out SW figures/collectibles.

My friend says he will have 160 clones plus 200 older figures - many troopers - available.

Good luck!

- J

JediTricks
09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah there's a reason why they sell beer you know Mike. I don't care how fast a guy runs or if there is a home run. I find the game it's self to be boring and a game played by over paid whiners that take drugs. These guys are not heroes. :whip: Anyways.....The funny thing is I like playing it.:shocked::thumbsup:I don't drink, so all I got is overpriced hot dogs. The pacing is the biggest problem IMO, that and the fact that watching millionaires play a game is a little ridiculous.

Baseball is 10 times better watched live at the stadium versus football.

I had 50 yardline (mid-level) seats for the Chargers' pre-season game against Seattle. AT THE GAME, I couldn't tell what happened in a pile-up until the leading referee announced it. With football on TV, every camera angle is re-shown for any key down and I can make up my mind for myself about "what just happened."Suuuure, nothing like watching nobody score for 90% of the game, the majority of which don't even get on base and there's no drama, over a game where EVERY SINGLE DOWN has action and most have drama.

Of course you don't know what happened in a pile-up, but the rest of the game you know as much as anybody (if they have to get the chains, nobody knows), you can even see flags thrown before the home audience.

Then again, I'm a basketball guy.

bikerscout
09-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I'd like as many as possible to check out that sale in Lake Balboa, in part b/c MJ's friend is putting out some items for me since i can't attend. (when i came by yesterday he showed me the TT in all it's glory - man, i regret returning it now..:sad: superawesome tank!!!!)

Also, for the OC peeps, there's another garage sale with a ton of collectibles & other stuff being held in Lake Forest this Sat. too. Here's the CL ad:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/gms/1387843916.html

Please spread the word about both of these sales!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueSnags
09-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Picked up another Rum Sleg, a TPM Amidala and an Ahsoka Jedi Starfighter (on sale for $18) today at Target.

-Snags

Turbowars
09-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Rum is pretty cool huh, The best figure in awhile, but the Jedi wave has some cool ones though.

BlueSnags
09-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Rum is pretty cool huh, The best figure in awhile, but the Jedi wave has some cool ones though.

Yeah dude, I even bought one to keep carded, which I usually don't do anymore.

Looking forward to getting the next three waves: ROTJ, ANH and ESB. Not too excited about the ROTS wave, though - aside from Concept IG-88 that wave looks like a dud.

-Snags

Turbowars
09-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah dude, I even bought one to keep carded, which I usually don't do anymore.

Looking forward to getting the next three waves: ROTJ, ANH and ESB. Not too excited about the ROTS wave, though - aside from Concept IG-88 that wave looks like a dud.

-SnagsThat wave with the EU crap that comes with the OT BG droid is horrible. I know you might like it, but Solos kids really??????? A goat Jedi?? A POTF2 looking Spactrooper and a BIG LOTS no name Droid?

Anyways dude you will love the Jedi wave! All the figures are kick butt, but Luke!!The BAD droids are awesome! I still can't believe after all these years we finally got the Blue Astro that we see from behind in the hall. Man I just wish that these young punk kids loved the OT like some of us do. It saddens me to hear them saying the PT and EU is better that the OT. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAT THE OT! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

BlueSnags
09-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Right on. I like some of the EU stuff (especially the Marvel comics stuff and of course McQuarrie) but OT still rules.

-Snags

Commtech
09-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Yes, OT rules!!!:yes: (It's that, or we are just getting old:D)

Jango Speck
09-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping a lot of OT, but selling prequel stuff like hotcakes, including GG. As much as I like my very extensive clone army, I don't really need it, so I'm just keeping a couple loose of each style. I'm hoping for some more OT animated maquettes to fill out the line.

I'm still selling my Endor AT-AT TRU exclusive if anyone's interested. MIB.

Turbowars
09-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Yes, OT rules!!!:yes: (It's that, or we are just getting old:D)
No it still rules, but yeah we are getting old. I find that I talk about my pension plan a bit more these days. Only 17 more years to go if I can keep my job in that amount of time. I remember saying to myself back when I was 22, I have 30 more years to retire as a carpenter? There's no way. LOL. Doesn't look like I will be able to have kids, so I wonder what will happen to my collection. Kind sucks I wont have a little one of my own to give it to. :cry:

Jango Speck
09-27-2009, 12:02 AM
No it still rules, but yeah we are getting old. I find that I talk about my pension plan a bit more these days. Only 17 more years to go if I can keep my job in that amount of time. I remember saying to myself back when I was 22, I have 30 more years to retire as a carpenter? There's no way. LOL. Doesn't look like I will be able to have kids, so I wonder what will happen to my collection. Kind sucks I wont have a little one of my own to give it to. :cry:

Got any young nephews or neighbors? I've given stuff to my friends' kids- it's usually met with much excitement (and dread/gratitude by the parents).

Turbowars
09-27-2009, 12:10 AM
I have no sisters or brothers so no nephews. I have one cousin that I give stuff to almost every time I see him, but he is a spoiled kid that gets everything and I think he likes Dragon balls better. Yeah I know sounds bad, LOL. Anyways I'm not talking about giving away stuff now. I mean the good stuff I have before I kick the bucket. I don't have all the POTF2 through ROTS anymore. I got rid of all that trash last year. It was worthless to a point, but I was able to buy a lot of stuff for my condo.

JediTricks
09-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Jeez, when did SoCal SW collecting turn into such a bummer? ;)

Just grow up and buy your toys. :p

Kinda sucks that the figure I want most from the ROTJ wave is the one getting dumped on the most. Then again, I haven't seen that or TPM at stores yet.

Turbowars
09-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Anyone have these parts?

R5-A2 Orange astro
left arm
right arm

R4-D6 Dark Blue Astro
left arm
right arm
Head and mid leg

I have a few U-3po arms. Not sure what the color is since I have nothing to go by and I'm a bit color blind with stuff like this.

Tycho
09-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Turbowars, you should volunteer to become a BigBrother.

I did for 14 years (and going) and it's been very rewarding.

My Little Brother is now in his 20's and he asked me to be his best man at his wedding. While we collected Star Wars together, I have continued, and I'm sure if he and his wife have any sons in their future, I can leave them my collection.

Other things I have I want to see go to forum members here. But since my kidney transplant looks to be successful, I'll probably be around about the same amount of time as most of the rest of you.

Tycho
09-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Hasbro Toy Shop has the Return of the Jedi wave up!

I just got the Jabba Skiff Guards, Luke DSII, and the next Clone Wars wave (Padme Adventure Gear, Ziro the Hutt's Assassin droid, etc.)

The Ewoks sold out immediately. I didn't get any this time :(

I did get my AOTC Anakin Skywalker figures I wanted (the Evolutions re-carded).

figrin bran
09-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Hasbro Toy Shop has the Return of the Jedi wave up!

I just got the Jabba Skiff Guards, Luke DSII, and the next Clone Wars wave (Padme Adventure Gear, Ziro the Hutt's Assassin droid, etc.)

The Ewoks sold out immediately. I didn't get any this time :(

I did get my AOTC Anakin Skywalker figures I wanted (the Evolutions re-carded).

I never knew that Prune Face and Argyus, Padme and Luminara were that popular as they're all sold out.

I only ordered Luke, Nien, Thire and Tank Gunner.

bikerscout
09-29-2009, 11:41 PM
three figs on HTS i want. 2 available, one not. Any codes/coupons available? thx.

figrin bran
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
STARWARS10 will save you 10% at HTS.

Tycho
09-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Transformers fans: they have Human Alliance Skids with Arcee and Mikaela (Megan Fox) on ToysRUs.com. It's $34 plus shipping, (retail price - abouts) plus you can get $10 off your TRU order over $30 if you put it on a TRU card. (I don't have a TRU card, nor do I want one - but for those who do).

I also got the new Clone Wars battlepack from them - with that alien bounty hunter and Anakin and Ahsoka in Tatooine cloaks. Also included IG-86 (fortunately I never bought even ONE of those pegwarmers). But the alien is not Cad Bane, but a previously never-carded one (think he might be a Saurin) and lot of people would like another regular version of Ahsoka (though she's due to be re-released).

bikerscout
10-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Picked up the new carded Scout 2 nights ago at a valley Target. :)

Heads up - another yard sale this wknd (ft. special guest Darth Anton, i may be there too) Details:

Sat. 10/3, 8am start. 22603 Friar St. Woodland Hills, near the Fallbrook Walmart.
Loose and carded SW figures, some Gentle Giant. Anton will be putting up his Laserdisk collection as well. Please come check us out. :yes:

wampaslayr
10-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Found remnants of the latest CW wave at Valencia Target. The only two figs on the pegs were the AAT Battle Droid and Cmdr Thire.

darkagent
10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Los Feliz TRU has the new Tie Interceptor exclusive if anyone is interested. Nice new design with ejector seat. Only problem is that it's $50.

Turbowars
10-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Anyone seen these yet? Geonosis Assault - Battlepack , the Gunship turret packs?

Cool, I might stop by Los Feliz TRU to get Tie Interceptor exclusive after work this coming week.

CrunchyNug
10-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Anyone seen these yet? Geonosis Assault - Battlepack , the Gunship turret packs?

I grabbed one of these about a month or so ago. They're scarce as I've yet to see another one since. My Gunship's flying a bit unbalanced right now.

Turbowars
10-03-2009, 02:36 PM
I grabbed one of these about a month or so ago. They're scarce as I've yet to see another one since. My Gunship's flying a bit unbalanced right now.
A month ago? Hmmm, well I'd like 2 of these, but I still think my customs look better.

JodyB
10-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Just saw your posts from today guys and thought it was funny that I picked these up today at Target...

Tycho
10-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm thinking about buying those to upgrade my gunships.

Thing is I have 5 gunships, so I'd need 10 of those stupid packs now that there is only 1 cannon in each. Hmmm. Maybe. I could use only 1 in each ship since they're for display and you wouldn't necessarily see the "away side" of the gunship in my display.

I could cheat it. Those battle packs are like up to $24 or more now, huh?

I'll buy on site and if I don't decide to keep them, I'll ask around here before I return them.

TheRupert
10-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I picked up 2 of those as well to add to my new "Crumb Bomber" - looks pretty damn sweet if you ask me...

Turbowars
10-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Speak of the devil, I found 2 today at a TRU along with the new Interceptor. Weird how I had now intention on buying these, but when I saw them I picked them up and ran.

Turbowars
10-04-2009, 01:55 AM
So I open the Pods, took one of my customs off and put the new one on and my custom looks 100 times better. The new one makes the gunship look like it has a pair of double D's on the front while the customs look just like the film. I think I just wasted $50 bucks. :rolleyes:

wampaslayr
10-04-2009, 02:35 AM
Picked up CW Luminara and Argyus at Stevenson Ranch WM. They also put out the TPM wave minus Rum and Amidala.

TheRupert
10-04-2009, 03:44 AM
So I open the Pods, took one of my customs off and put the new one on and my custom looks 100 times better. The new one makes the gunship look like it has a pair of double D's on the front while the customs look just like the film. I think I just wasted $50 bucks. :rolleyes:

I actually really like the way the pods looks. I would like to see your customs though. From what I remember, they look great, but I'd love to see them again if you have any pics.

Found the TRU Exclusive Crumb Bomber this morning. Absolutely LOVE this ship. Price seems a little steep, but I don't have any other LAAT's so it's worth it to me.

bikerscout
10-05-2009, 07:38 AM
I picked up 2 of those as well to add to my new "Crumb Bomber" - looks pretty damn sweet if you ask me...

But you can't close the doors like that........... :(

I found the gunpod BP at Target right after comic-con. Stashed it for a fellow collector. Dunno why these haven't been put out more.

Chaddymac
10-07-2009, 02:12 AM
I picked up the ROTJ wave today and have heard a lot of hate for Jedi Luke. But now that I have him in hand, I don't understand where the complaints are coming from. Aces from me. Love him.

bikerscout
10-07-2009, 08:10 AM
From walmart, target, TRU, other?? which part of LA chaddy??

Chaddymac
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
From walmart, target, TRU, other?? which part of LA chaddy??
Oy...um...BigBadToystore... :speech:
Sorry - it was late when I posted. I didn't realize how misleading that was.

bikerscout
10-07-2009, 09:46 PM
it's alright CM, just curious. When is that darn Strm Cmdo & Weir comic pack gonna hit? Need that and ROTJ Slave Leia. Then my circle will be complete for now. Blue & crunchy will let us know what's up i'm sure! :yes:

figrin bran
10-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I picked up the ROTJ wave today and have heard a lot of hate for Jedi Luke. But now that I have him in hand, I don't understand where the complaints are coming from. Aces from me. Love him.

I don't like the Jedi Luke at all (got him from HTS) and find the chest to be horrible misproportioned.

Turbowars
10-08-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't like the Jedi Luke at all (got him from HTS) and find the chest to be horrible misproportioned.This Jedi Luke is one of the worst figures to come out in awhile. It looks like something from the POTF2 line. You are right Figrin, he's deformed.

Tycho
10-08-2009, 03:27 AM
You guys are making me curious to open mine. Maybe when the Yuuzhan Vong come so I have some guys for Luke to fight.

Chaddymac
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
This Jedi Luke is one of the worst figures to come out in awhile. It looks like something from the POTF2 line. You are right Figrin, he's deformed.
I dunno - Mark Hammil's kind of mis-proportioned. It looks right to me.

CrunchyNug
10-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Anyone looking to pick up the old TRU Disturbance at Lars Homestead exclusive for the low low price $19.90, just shoot me a PM for location.

bikerscout
10-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Fri evening, LF TRU had at least 2 Crumb bombers. 70 a piece as normal. I also spotted a MM TDK Gotham City thug. Pm for location. Never ever seen him in the wild before -shoulda stashed, sorry.

This AM at Sh. Oaks Target -- leftovers of TPM wave; Clegg, Sidious w/chair, and Obi-wan. (I got the other TPM Obi). They also had an AOTC Obi. Ton of Han & Luke in Storm armor. They may be still there, but saw the Vong, Krayt and Lumiya comic packs for the first time there as well (1 of each). Good luck -in hindsight, i maybe shoulda stashed those too -sorry

wampaslayr
10-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Found the complete wave of ROTJ at my local KMart this morning. Bought 4 of the figures (Nikto, Giran, Leia, and Panno) because I could not justify the $9.00 price tag for all 8. Also hit a couple of Targets and found remnants of the same wave (Nien and Luke). Also if anyone still needs the TPM wave, I found them (including Rum Sleg) at several Kohl's stores. The only problem is that they are over $10.00 each. Ouch!! Luckily I already found this wave and don't need any more of these figures.

figrin bran
10-12-2009, 01:28 AM
I don't suppose anyone has found DC Public Enemies 6" figures at any Southland Targets?

Tycho
10-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Toys R Us is running a "Buy 2 get 1 Free" sale on VIDEO GAMES.

Any and all prices qualify.

I got the new Clone Wars: Heroes of the Republic - or whatever it's called, Madden NFL 2009, and Transformers: ROTF, for $100 - which saved me somewhere around $50.

wampaslayr
10-12-2009, 02:37 AM
My Qui-Gon and Eopie arrived in the mail this weekend. It's a pretty cool set.

bikerscout
10-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Anyone spotted the Perceptor/Insecticons re-issues yet?? :shocked:

TheRupert
10-15-2009, 01:48 PM

Yup. Saw em at Burbank TRU last Thursday...

JediTricks
10-15-2009, 04:18 PM
My buddy Rob found them last week at Culver City TRU, sent me a photo.

wampaslayr
10-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Found all 6 of the Target exclusive Geonosian 2-packs in Valencia but the $12.99 price tag made them an easy pass. Even the two new Jedi figures were not exciting enough for me to buy just those two sets. I guess it's better than the $17.00 Walmart was charging for their 2-packs. I just think the price is still too steep considering that most of these figures are reissues. I'm sure these will be on clearance in a few weeks.

Tycho
10-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but if you want them: buy them. You still have a 90 day return priviledge.

If they go on clearance, buy them again and return with the full-price receipt.

This is nothing more than getting your price garauntee - however I think that's officially honored for only 30 days - and the sets have to be in stock, I believe - or in an ad.

BTW - if they never go on clearance, you can still return them for 90 days.

bikerscout
10-16-2009, 02:07 AM
wish i would've known about the TF re-issues when i was hunting. LF TRU didn't have them. :(

K M Toydarian
10-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Saw the Galactic Heroes Falcon at Burbank Costco 27.99. Looks good.

figrin bran
10-16-2009, 11:12 PM

I have the G1 versions so these haven't really been on my radar when I'm at TRU. I'll let you know if they show up at LF TRU.

bikerscout
10-17-2009, 01:12 AM
thanks dude. Have my G1 perceptor, but would like to check out those Insecticons. And as I previously pm'ed a lot of you, pls keep yours eyes peeled for the Wally exclusive MP Skywarp. Should be hitting soon. That's my top want this year. A bounty is on his head -all hunters!!! Pls stash or grab one --i'll reimburse immediately

Turbowars
10-21-2009, 08:26 PM
WTF, I just saw a few tumble weeds roll on by.................

BlueSnags
10-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Ordered the entire ANH wave from HTS this week.

And a Gelagrub battle pack.

-Snags

Turbowars
10-22-2009, 12:42 AM

-SnagsShame on you for buying that slug!:whip:

bikerscout
10-22-2009, 03:02 AM
field report:

LF TRU -- TFs: 1 Perceptor re-issue, (1 insecticons i bought), 1 deluxe Ice Cream truck mudflap/skids (finally! in the wild), a few Hoist/Mixmaster exclusives

SW: AT-TEs, TT, new tie interceptor, Crumb bomber, 2 sets each of the McQuarrie repacks ($40 each). Looked very cool.

Burbank Target -- 1 Major Panno, 1 Malakili, Geonosis 2 packs --Trebor, Yoda and Kit sets

Tycho
10-22-2009, 12:04 PM

-Snags

Is the ANH wave the new one with the Saurin? Going to check it out...

UPDATE: K - I answered my own question. I'll have to keep my eyes open for those. I don't want all of them, but a few will do.

Check JediTricks' thread "What's Your Build-A-Droid Status?" in the Toys/Legacy Collection section for an update on what BAD parts I have available for trade - or that I'll sell for $ one dollar each $ if it helps anyone out. I'm up-to-date through the ROTJ wave.

JediTricks
10-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Picked up the CW Y-wing from W.Hollywood Target, then went back a few days later and bought the other one because the first one had a crack. Tried to get Hasbro customer service to replace, they said couldn't guarantee same item, then they said they'd refund me, now they're saying they won't refund the $6.34 in sales tax I paid. I'm pretty close to saying F that and taking it back to Target, so much for trying to do the right thing.

Same store also had Major Panno, Giran, Nikto, Malasuki, Ep 2 Anakin, Ahsoka space suit, Denal, and the Turbo Tank Gunners. I bought the Panno. Weird figure, not bad but very odd, the angle of the torso articulation is steep, and the goggles don't fit the head right, they're dinky on his face. And what's with the wacky shotgun? The encoder fits in the cloak though.

mark2d2
10-23-2009, 12:56 AM
I found all the ROTJ figs on monday. I had to drive out to Palm Springs. About an hour out of LA, I stopped at some random Target off the 10 Freeway and they had pretty much the entire wave. I only wanted four of the figures...

DS 2 Luke
Slave Leia
Major Panno
Giran.

All four are awesome and the BAD pieces rule!

Hit a few Walmarts in Palm Springs, but no sign of the Dewback as of yet. I know, I know, not due out for a couple weeks, but I figured it was worth checking out as I was feeling lucky and it was my birthday... But no such luck, not just yet.

PS -- Thanks Jeditricks for the tip on the encoder. My goggles actually do fit okay, it took some doing, but they do stay on all right. I do agree though that they are a bit snug or tiny on his face...

JediTricks
10-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Sure thing on the encoder, it took me a moment to remember the movie pic I had seen of him with it. Somehow I had forgotten that his goggles are around his neck and didn't realize that's where they go until I saw the pic again:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Major_panno.jpg
(Note that they're around the cloak too, but that's a CCG card image so they could have photoshop-phonied it like they do everything else)

mark2d2
10-23-2009, 03:43 AM
Yeah, the minute you said the encoder should go there, I was like... duh! I totally should have known that or remembered that from the images I have seen as well. I could instantly see it in my head after reading your post...

BlueSnags
10-23-2009, 12:53 PM
ROTS wave is up at HTS

-Snags

Chaddymac
10-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Sure thing on the encoder, it took me a moment to remember the movie pic I had seen of him with it. Somehow I had forgotten that his goggles are around his neck and didn't realize that's where they go until I saw the pic again:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Major_panno.jpg
(Note that they're around the cloak too, but that's a CCG card image so they could have photoshop-phonied it like they do everything else)
Word, JT - that was a nice call. And my goggles fit on his head, and also look great around his neck/hoodie. In fact, after looking at the pictures, this is a damn nice figure. Why won't you let me hate you, Hasbro!

bikerscout
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
sher. oaks target had all of ROTJ wave this AM. I grabbed the Leia though. Don't know what's left. Do know where a slave leia is stashed (was going to pick it up, but found a different 1 on the pegs) My friend called and told me this am that it's still there. pm for details

wampaslayr
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Found last two ROTJ figures needed to complete the wave this morning and found the gray Ugnaught at Valencia Walmart. Also found Ziro's assassin droid at Stevenson Ranch Walmart. Santa Clarita is really lagging in terms of new product hitting the shelves. The Valencia Target is still loaded with Legends figs and nothing new for the last three or four weeks. All of the Geonosian two-packs are still at Valencia Target. Obviously no one is interested in these sets. They'll be on the clearance aisle in no time.

JediTricks
10-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, the minute you said the encoder should go there, I was like... duh! I totally should have known that or remembered that from the images I have seen as well. I could instantly see it in my head after reading your post...The encoder is what sold me on the figure, I saw that he had a few interesting accessories and bought him.

Word, JT - that was a nice call. And my goggles fit on his head, and also look great around his neck/hoodie. In fact, after looking at the pictures, this is a damn nice figure. Why won't you let me hate you, Hasbro!Yeah, I don't want to like this figure, but it's alright, they did a fairly decent job. Schools the crap out of Orrimarrko, that's for sure.

sentry
10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Has anyone seen the DCUC Wal Mart wave in stores ? I have not seen them anywhere yet and the prices on ebay are fairly ridiculous.

bikerscout
10-27-2009, 11:06 PM
between yesterday and today I saw the old CW wave 3 or 4 with Bane and Gree in the Culver city area TRU and Target -also saw this at the new Target by the Fox Hills mall. CC TRU also had the GG Arc trooper and phase 1 clone mini-bust up 3 packs reduced to $5 each. Think they had the McQ packs too. La Cienega TRU didn't have anything exceedingly great, only a few set 1s of the McQ pack. Oh yeah, the new Fox hills Target had 5/6 Geonosis packs. No Coleman/Jango pack though.

JediTricks
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Target La Cienega had the entire ROTJ wave yesterday, minus Leia.

CrunchyNug
10-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Anyone finding ROTJ revision wave that doesn't need the Ugnaught, please stash one for me.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
10-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Has anyone seen the DCUC Wal Mart wave in stores ? I have not seen them anywhere yet and the prices on ebay are fairly ridiculous.

No but I wish I could find it as well!

Glendale Target had all of the ROTJ wave yesterday minus Giran and Panno and 1 Ewoks pack because I bought them.

K M Toydarian
10-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Found Galactic Heroes Rancor and ATRT sets at Hollywood Ross today for 8.99, thanks to a report in the GH thread!

Turbowars
10-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Anyone finding ROTJ revision wave that doesn't need the Ugnaught, please stash one for me.:thumbsup:Found this revision wave at WM last Sunday. Cool to see the Gray Ugnaught just sitting there up front with the rest of the whole case. :D

JediTricks
10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Crap, I didn't realize the Ugnaught was in this wave. I could use a stash on that too.

bikerscout
10-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Crunchy should have his by now, I actually saw the same one that was stashed for him. That guy stashed me a Slave Leia last week -good man. If i see the gray ugnaught -got u covered JT. :thumbsup: Meanwhile, I got a price on Skywarp's head. You TF fans know what I'm talkin about....:p

figrin bran
10-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Are the Toys for Tots collection bins up already in SoCal TRU's?

JediTricks
10-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Crunchy should have his by now, I actually saw the same one that was stashed for him. That guy stashed me a Slave Leia last week -good man. If i see the gray ugnaught -got u covered JT. :thumbsup: Meanwhile, I got a price on Skywarp's head. You TF fans know what I'm talkin about....:p
Killer!

I spied Return to Naboo Amidala at Target Culver City (non-mall) the other day, didn't think much about it and forgot that it was a new figure, not an Evolutions recard.

Chaddymac
10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Killer!

I spied Return to Naboo Amidala at Target Culver City (non-mall) the other day, didn't think much about it and forgot that it was a new figure, not an Evolutions recard.
Amidala is a new figure, not a recard? I could've sworn she was a re-card... what's new?

Jango Speck
10-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Are the Toys for Tots collection bins up already in SoCal TRU's?

Not sure, but I did see them in another store the other day. I dumped most of my POTF/Ep I figs there last year.

BlueSnags
10-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Found/bought the Grey Ugnaught, the repacked Scuba Trooper and the Clone Wars Freesco Speeder today at Target.

-Snags

Turbowars
10-31-2009, 04:24 PM
If anyone sees an exclusive Dewback and AT-ST please stash or pick up for me if possible.

Oh and did you guys see the GH Snowspeeder? It's pretty cool. Cute I might say. :love:

Tycho
11-01-2009, 01:09 AM
I bought the Galactic Heroes Snowspeeder. I like it too. It's fun getting the GH vehicles!

JediTricks
11-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Amidala is a new figure, not a recard? I could've sworn she was a re-card... what's new?Yeah, she's a new figure, I forgot I actually argued with folks about how stupid this figure was, bags on her hair Amidala indeed. The case mates are Obi-Wan Ep 1, Gungan Warrior, Rum Sleg, Darth Sidious Hologram walker, and Clegg Holdfast.

Oh and did you guys see the GH Snowspeeder? It's pretty cool. Cute I might say. :love:Yeah, I bought it a while back, it's pretty nifty.

Turbowars
11-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I bought it a while back, it's pretty nifty.I wouldn't had gone as far as buying it, but yeah it's nifty. Maybe if I had a kid.

JediTricks
11-01-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't know if I would have liked it as a kid, maybe at a younger age but I was more of a purist for most of my childhood, if it wasn't a direct representation I probably would have turned up my nose at it. I remember how bummed I was when I lost the die cast Snowspeeder in the sand, I loved that thing.

Chaddymac
11-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah, she's a new figure, I forgot I actually argued with folks about how stupid this figure was, bags on her hair Amidala indeed.
Then how is she different from the Evolutions version? I have both, but not in the same place so I can't compare...

Chaddymac
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Then how is she different from the Evolutions version? I have both, but not in the same place so I can't compare...
Wait - nevermind. I just realized why I'm a moron. Aside from the lead paint I ate as a child. I got this one confused with the AOTC Senator Amidala repack.

Okay, I'm good now. Carry on...

JediTricks
11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Wait - nevermind. I just realized why I'm a moron. Aside from the lead paint I ate as a child. I got this one confused with the AOTC Senator Amidala repack.

Okay, I'm good now. Carry on...
Wow, ok, yes, that is a big mistake, one is a ridiculous purple salt shaker, and the other is action Padme from Ep 2. :p I actually bought that Ep 2 padme from HTS the other day, I didn't bother with the Evo pack but I did want the figure and it justified their high shipping a little to order 3 figs instead of 2.

bikerscout
11-02-2009, 01:51 AM
u guys are confusing me --so the EP2 white costume Padme on TLC card --is she the same as the Evol. --repack? or different?

JediTricks
11-02-2009, 04:47 AM
u guys are confusing me --so the EP2 white costume Padme on TLC card --is she the same as the Evol. --repack? or different?
That white figure is the same as the Evolutions one.

Chaddymac
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry, dude. My bad.

Turbowars
11-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Dewbacks and AT-ST's have hit the Valley. :thumbsup:

lifeinabox
11-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Dewbacks and AT-ST's have hit the Valley. :thumbsup:
AT-ST spotted at the Norwalk Walmart.

JediTricks
11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Nooooooo! Now I need to drive to WM in the outskirts??? And why is it 85 degrees in NOVEMBER?!?

RUSHBOY
11-03-2009, 08:45 PM
AT-ST spotted at the Norwalk Walmart.

I saw the AT-ST today at baldwin park walmart they had like 4 of them !!

bikerscout
11-04-2009, 09:47 AM
read on some other sites that a few of u found the AT-ST and dewbacks at Wally. Awesome. Did they have the TF MP Skywarp by chance at those wallys??? plmk, thx

wampaslayr
11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Stevenson Ranch WM has a bunch of AT-ST's out on the floor. There are at least 20 available. They are priced at about $44.00.

CrunchyNug
11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry for the late post, but I found both exclusives at that Porter Ranch store yesterday. Funny thing was that there were only 4 or 5 Dewbacks and about 4 times that many AT-STs. It sucked to drop $80 on both of these, but they are some of the best OT additions in a long while!!!:thumbsup:

bikerscout
11-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Wally goers --did they have my black and purple TF friend???

RUSHBOY
11-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Stevenson Ranch WM has a bunch of AT-ST's out on the floor. There are at least 20 available. They are priced at about $44.00.

Rosemead WM also has the AT ST's (about 18 of them) today !! :thumbsup:

Tycho
11-05-2009, 12:48 AM
My Galactic Heroes Slave-One and my ROTS figures (Colton, multiple Utai) arrived from Hasbro Toys Shop today.

Very nice. Love that GH Slave-One!

RUSHBOY
11-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Wally goers --did they have my black and purple TF friend???

I did not see any MP Skywarp today, I am looking for that aswell !!

Turbowars
11-05-2009, 01:09 AM
. It sucked to drop $80 on both of these, but they are some of the best OT additions in a long while!!!:thumbsup:Man isn't that the truth!!!!! I wanted 2 of each, but damn.

mark2d2
11-05-2009, 01:13 AM
I will have to check out Porter Ranch to see if I can find me a Dewback... I will be working in Sun Valley tomorrow... Hope I find one... :)

Tycho
11-05-2009, 01:25 AM
I think I saw Headphones in San Diego today!

Is he a white dude with unkept wavy blonde hair (light brown maybe?).

There was a guy with typed lists of toys on paper, searching through the toys at Target today, wearing headphones, and talking to himself.

He did not seem to have a vehicle when he left either - so maybe he was heading to the bus stop.

If not Headphones, I surely discovered his twin brother - separated at birth.

One was raised by JarJar, and the other Skids and Mudflap.

bikerscout
11-05-2009, 01:34 AM
i like the AT-ST and dewback & may get them, esp. since i don't have a dewback, but will wait to see if they go lower in price, probably not, but i'll wait. My grail for the whole year has been MP skywarp anyway.

I still need a storm commando from the Evol. pack, plmk if u have one for trade or sale. Thx!

darkagent
11-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Keep forgetting to post this, but the new JLU 3 packs are out. I found a Black Vulcan, Indian guy?, and Samurai guy? last week. I also found the Marvel Universe Walmart 2 packs (Giant Man/Iron Man and Skrull Giant Man/Captain America) yesterday at Crenshaw.

Tycho
11-05-2009, 02:05 AM
I found a Black Vulcan, Indian guy?, and Samurai guy? last week.

That's Tuvok, Chakotay, and Sulu, right?

figrin bran
11-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Keep forgetting to post this, but the new JLU 3 packs are out. I found a Black Vulcan, Indian guy?, and Samurai guy? last week. I also found the Marvel Universe Walmart 2 packs (Giant Man/Iron Man and Skrull Giant Man/Captain America) yesterday at Crenshaw.

That would be Apache Chief and Samurai. I got that pack along with the Amanda Waller and Blackhawk pack from a collector on another site, otherwise I'd be scouring Targets everywhere for them right now.

I take it no one's found DCUC wave 10 at WM's?

lifeinabox
11-05-2009, 03:07 AM
I take it no one's found DCUC wave 10 at WM's?
I've yet to see Wave 9 let alone Wave 10, but plenty Cyborgs and even the 5-packs to be found.

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 05:29 AM
Target West Hollywood had a CW Freeco Bike, but I bought it. Also had Ahsoka original on new card, I didn't buy it.

Man, these AT-ST finds are making me crazy, I may have to do a run tomorrow.

Tycho
11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I got the Saurin (Hrchek Kal Fas) and the chick from the Cantina, and the Imperial Scanner Crew Dude 1 from HTS delivered today. Very nice on the figures though the chick is very plain and actually the least interesting to me. A "v-pelvis" would have looked better for the sculpt on this figure.

I still have to go out to the stores to track that Ugnaught No. 2 down (I only want 1) but friends might help (or if any of you can, I might pay for shipping for this one so I can stay home from the stores).

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Which one is "Scanning dude 1", the one with the box or the one with the cart? I got the cart from HTS yesterday, wanted the box guy.

Turbowars
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Which one is "Scanning dude 1", the one with the box or the one with the cart? I got the cart from HTS yesterday, wanted the box guy.
#1 is with the cart. We might be waiting awhile for #2. It sounds like it will be in the EU wave that is coming at the end of the year.

wampaslayr
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Found all of the ANH wave except for Ki-Adi and the Jawa at the super WM in Valencia. Not a very exciting wave. That WM also had a few of the AT-ST vehicles out but no Dewback.

mark2d2
11-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Ugh. Had a brutally long day (twelve hours) on set and then hit Porter Ranch and Santa Clarita Walmarts. No Dewbacks. Meanwhile those blasted AT-ST or whatever they are called were all over the place. Maddening. I mean, it looks cool and all but I have no attachment to the original design and so I have zero interest. But why is this stupid exclusive everywhere and the one I want is totally MIA?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

EDIT: Ordered the Dewback via Walmart.com. The price of shipping is cheap compared to the irritation tonight produced. ;)

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 03:15 AM
#1 is with the cart. We might be waiting awhile for #2. It sounds like it will be in the EU wave that is coming at the end of the year.Thanks, I am relieved to hear that, there were some rumors that it was coming out in this case as well and I wanted to be sure. Weird how they released the cart before the horse... er, I mean, scanning box. ;)

Ugh. Had a brutally long day (twelve hours) on set and then hit Porter Ranch and Santa Clarita Walmarts. No Dewbacks. Meanwhile those blasted AT-ST or whatever they are called were all over the place. Maddening. I mean, it looks cool and all but I have no attachment to the original design and so I have zero interest. But why is this stupid exclusive everywhere and the one I want is totally MIA?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.Because the Dewback has a Nov 11th street date, probably.

bikerscout
11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Found all of the ANH wave except for Ki-Adi and the Jawa at the super WM in Valencia. Not a very exciting wave. That WM also had a few of the AT-ST vehicles out but no Dewback.

MP 'Warp???

Turbowars
11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
MP 'Warp???
MP Warp is MIA for now. I don't want it, because I have the Japanese release, so if I see it do you want me to stash it for you?

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 04:19 AM
A buddy of mine found and bought MP Skywarp today at Crenshaw WM. The funny thing is that I was there around 3:45 and they hadn't put them out yet, but he sent me a pic of his in hand, they had put them out around 3 hours later.

Speaking of Crenshaw WM, they do indeed have the new AT-ST, a whole endcap of them, it's oddly placed in the back behind the baby toys. I bought one, it's an awesome vehicle, worth the $45.

Kidhuman
11-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Is it a new AT-ST JT?

Commtech
11-07-2009, 03:55 PM
What up dudes? Just dropping by really quick to see how's it going. Been busy collecting just 12inchers (SSC & Hot Toys), which is why I don't visit here that much anymore. All right, take care and good luck hunting! :thumbsup:

Turbowars
11-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Is it a new AT-ST JT?Yes 100% all new. Very cool.

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Is it a new AT-ST JT?
Uh... yeah.

bikerscout
11-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Found warp today at Porter Ranch wm. Think i grabbed the first one, this was 10:30 to 11:30ish this morning. They had plenty. They also had a lot of AT-STs and I saw at least one Dewback, but a friend of mine called & said he was grabbing it. Sorry i'm foggy on those. I was so excited to find Warp that i didn't examine the At-st & dewback closer. Anyway, the apb is over for now. Thanx TW, Snags, Crunchy, bran & anyone else i pm'ed. As I said before this guy had a high potential to be sold out immediately with low #ed stocks and with me seeing MP starscream last year only once & never again. Didn't want to chance it with my grail -lol.
Opened him for my friend & transformed him already. Fantastic! A high recommend!!!

wampaslayr
11-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Santa Clarita stores were stocked full of new figures today!

Valencia WM had two cases of ANH figures on the pegs. Picked up the Jawa, Ki-Adi, and Deviss to complete this wave. They also had 12 Dewbacks out on the shelves, but passed on it (for now).

Super WM also had most of the ANH wave on the pegs and no Dewbacks.

Kmart had full ROTJ wave on the pegs but already collected these. Did find CW Padme and Matchstick, but hated paying $9.00 each for them.

The good news was that the Valencia Target finally put new figures on the pegs after a two month dry spell. The bad news was that it was the Phantom Menace wave.

All caught up now. Bring on the ROTS wave.

Chaddymac
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Went to the Wal-Mart on Crenshaw and found the Transformers MP Skywarp, but no AT-ST or Dewback. Did finally score the Comics Packs Ewoks, though. I'm glad I was patient with those.

sentry
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
What up dudes? Just dropping by really quick to see how's it going. Been busy collecting just 12inchers (SSC & Hot Toys), which is why I don't visit here that much anymore. All right, take care and good luck hunting! :thumbsup:

You elitist bastard!

Tycho
11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Got my Terminator Salvation giant Harvester figure from ordering it off a seller on Amazon (I think). It's very cool. This thing fights the 3 3/4" figures.

It's got 4 arms and very detailed on its upper body. Electronic search lights and a missile launcher.

The legs are really sturdy but seem to need more detail. But it was worth it.

BTW, I paid less than $40 for the thing. You can get some deals on this if you're still interested in any Terminator (We Can't Salvage This Franchise) products.

Ando
11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Can we see some pics, Tycho?

Tycho
11-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Here's one with the new Luke in there for comparison.

I'll post one with just the Hunter-Killer in the Terminator toys thread.

But I don't know when I'll have time to open this up and set up a scene (nor find my list of what I'm putting into that scene with the Harvester).

Jango Speck
11-10-2009, 02:10 AM
I have been selling off my carded collection, which leaves me with extra Hasbro collector cases (of the ROTS and SW varieties).

If anyone is interested, I'll part with these (large lots preferably) for .25 cents apiece.

wampaslayr
11-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Just saw an advanced copy of Kohl's Black Friday ad and they are going to sell ALL action figures for 33% off the regular price. This might help some of you who are still looking for the Phantom Menace wave of figures as there have been many reports that they are showing up at Kohl's but the price is deterring collectors from buying them there. This sale may help some of you if you are brave enough to fight the crowds.

MicroJow
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Stashed a grey Ugnaught at the Sherman Oaks Target, PM if you want him!

- J

Edit: Claimed!

Commtech
11-11-2009, 01:27 AM
You elitist bastard!

LOL!!!:D

I have been selling off my carded collection, which leaves me with extra Hasbro collector cases (of the ROTS and SW varieties).

If anyone is interested, I'll part with these (large lots preferably) for .25 cents apiece.

What are you collecting now Dave?

Jango Speck
11-11-2009, 02:50 AM
Not collecting anything- just holding on to a few choice items and liquidating the rest. I'm pretty much over the prequels, so that's all going as fast as I can unload it. Hoping not to have to donate anything to Toys for Tots this year, as Rebelscum seems to be a hot place to sell again (finally).

I've finally admitted that paying for storage instead of investing in my house or 401k is stupid. That said, I'm hoping ACME does a Black Friday sale so I can finish my Eric Tan Indy poster trilogy, and I'm down for the golden idol replica next year.

Commtech
11-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Not collecting anything- just holding on to a few choice items and liquidating the rest. I'm pretty much over the prequels, so that's all going as fast as I can unload it. Hoping not to have to donate anything to Toys for Tots this year, as Rebelscum seems to be a hot place to sell again (finally).

I've finally admitted that paying for storage instead of investing in my house or 401k is stupid. That said, I'm hoping ACME does a Black Friday sale so I can finish my Eric Tan Indy poster trilogy, and I'm down for the golden idol replica next year.

I hear ya. More or less on the same boat here. I'm buying strictly stuff that I really, really want.

bikerscout
11-11-2009, 09:20 AM
This is may be old news to u & don't want to sound like a TRU commercial, but this week TF deluxe figs are $8.99, the GI Joe pit mobile HQ is 79.99, and the SW/CW Crumb bomber is 49.99. LF tru had at least one of each left yesterday mid-afternoon.

Maradona
11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I've finally admitted that paying for storage instead of investing in my house or 401k is stupid.

SOOOOOO TRUE! We should never neglect to pay ourselves before we pay Hasbro.

Tycho
11-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I got my Moto-Terminators from some online order I did.

The John Connor figure they come with is a repaint of the bandana-wearing one that was offered in the first figure wave! :mad:

I really wanted a Christian Bale likeness figure so I could recreate scenes of him cussing the Terminators out. "$#@#!- You, Skynet, you $$@#!@ng piece of #@!!# machinery. My Mom says you're $@#!%#@!"

What happened to the Christian Bale figure we were shown prototype (Toy Fair) pictures of? I have several saved on my hard drive.

Commtech
11-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I got my Moto-Terminators from some online order I did.

The John Connor figure they come with is a repaint of the bandana-wearing one that was offered in the first figure wave! :mad:

I really wanted a Christian Bale likeness figure so I could recreate scenes of him cussing the Terminators out. "$#@#!- You, Skynet, you $$@#!@ng piece of #@!!# machinery. My Mom says you're $@#!%#@!"

What happened to the Christian Bale figure we were shown prototype (Toy Fair) pictures of? I have several saved on my hard drive.

Get the Hot Toys John Connor.

Tycho
11-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Get the Hot Toys John Connor.

It looks great but it's too expensive.

A 12" figure should be $20. That being said, I pay about $100 for SideShow Star Wars now (and more for certain SideShow Star Wars armor).

However, a Terminator skeleton is so detailed that I could justify paying $150 for it, I'd guess.

John (as good as the Christian Bale likeness looks) is not worth it.

And the movie greatly disappointed me, though I think I like it more in retrospect. It just did not fare well against Star Trek and Wolverine which came out at the time - and then Transformers 2.

With my extreme love for the Terminator franchise (and I'm a big fan), the movie was a black mark on my summer. I don't see a need to commemorate that by buying an over-priced John Connor.

I would jump at the chance to pick him up for $70 or so. Marcus in that range as well. Then I'd buy a T-600 or T-800 for $150 or something to go with them (or spend $300 to get both machine Terminators).

I'd also love great sculpts from T1 and T2 at affordable prices for the human figures (Arnold, Sarah, and Kyle, T-1000, and kid-John)

Chaddymac
11-11-2009, 09:07 PM
My head is still spinning from the fact that you felt like T4 didn't at least fit in the incredibly broad range of quality described in your grouping of Star Trek, Wolverine, and TF2.

It's like saying, "I'm not sure how I feel about pie. I like cake, cookies, and getting punched in the face, but pie? I dunno..."

Tycho
11-11-2009, 09:36 PM
LOL Chaddymac.

There were 5 major sci-fi style summer movies that I'd looked forward to.

I'd rank them as such:

1) Star Trek
2) Wolverine
3) Transformers: ROTF
4) GI Joe (though it was very close to TF for a good story w. Duke / Baroness)
5) Terminator Salvation

I wanted the movie to be more about John Conner and introspective of his role in the war.

Terrminator 1 was about Sarah and Kyle
Terminator 2 was about John and Uncle Bob, somewhat about Sarah
Terminator 3 was about Kate and the T-800, somewhat about John
Terminator 4 was about Marcus and Blair? It only focused somewhat on John, somewhat on Kyle

The story should have stayed around the franchise's main characters and focused on John and Kyle. A character like Marcus could have been in there as a McGuffin or whatever you call a plot device, but he became the main star and he had nothing to do with the passion invested in characters with prior history with the franchise.

In retrospect, I like Terminator Salvation for what it is, but it is NOT what I wanted.

JediTricks
11-12-2009, 07:10 AM
That was a good one Chaddy, made me laugh at 4 in the AM, which probably miffed my neighbors. But nuts to them, so says my death metal screaming out of my PC, in slightly saltier language perhaps.

Crumb Bomber at $50 is tempting me, I know I shouldn't, but I like the redesign. Anyone have one to claim it's good or bad yet?

bikerscout
11-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Don't have that bomber, but have 3 other gunships. No space & the price point keep me away. It's received many positive reviews, esp. on scum. And people have found a way to close the doors all the way with the turret pods sticking out - made a slit in the doors or somethin like that. If you're gonna get it, do it before the 14th!

what TLC waves beyond ROTJ are people finding? and where? wally? There's a few guys i want i think

Chaddymac
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Lol, JT.

BikerScout - what's special about the 14th?

bikerscout
11-12-2009, 11:31 AM
sale will be over --tag said through 11/14

Ando
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Crumb Bomber at $50 is tempting me, I know I shouldn't, but I like the redesign. Anyone have one to claim it's good or bad yet?

JT, I got one at the original price and like it, but I am pretty biased in favor of the gunships anyways.

The new forward hold doors are pretty neat. They added a new piece to that area for the door pegs to plug into instead of having to retool the whole body. The troop bay doors might look big, but with the way they swing out, it's not as noticeable as it is in photos around the web. The slots on the doors are also "closed" with paint accents/trim to highlight them.

The paint job over all is very crisp and clean and very different from the original release. They stayed in the lines. There is not weathering to speak of, but unlike the V-19, it's actually a good look. (IMO)

The neatest thing (besides what I think is REALLY good paint on the nose art -- very detailed) is the retooled missile pods. The back section swings/pivots out to reveal a rotating missile launcher that holds 4 missiles each (your just turn the back end like a knob) and each wing holds 4 extra missiles for those launchers instead of those decorative static missiles. And the long missiles still fire as well.

If you bought and liked the WM Exclusive Lucky Lekku version, then you'll like this version. And for a couple more days, it's the same price but a different (better) version.

But like I said, I am pretty skewed in favor of gunships. If you're not a fan of the gunships, then you could probably live the rest of your life without feeling like you're missing out. But fortunately it's a TRU exclusive and you have like what 9-12 months to decide?

BTW: I don't live in LA (or southern CA), but I subscribe to this thread to get an indicator of what the West Coast collectors are finding. I hope that doesn't bother anybody too much.

bikerscout
11-13-2009, 12:48 PM
absolutely no spying allowed Ando. Why? B/c u don't have to fork out the near 10% tax on everything you buy where u live!!!! :p

Ando
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
absolutely no spying allowed Ando. Why? B/c u don't have to fork out the near 10% tax on everything you buy where u live!!!! :p

OUCH! 10%?!? That sucks and I do feel for you.

bikerscout
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
it's 9.75%. (for LA, not all of CA). max for CA is 10.25% according to wikip. We're only beaten by Illinois (11.5) and Arizona (10.6).

Ando
11-13-2009, 01:39 PM
It's almost 10% in TN. I only know this because an ex-gf lives there and I used to fly out there to visit.

I'm somewhat spoiled because of the no sales tax situation in Oregon and the state has a deal with Washington so that folks can go there and not have to pay sales tax.

It's pretty awesome. Even though our state is bluer than blue (almost RED, if you catch my meaning) and run by morons and we still have a state income tax.

Maradona
11-13-2009, 05:37 PM
it's 9.75%. (for LA, not all of CA). max for CA is 10.25% according to wikip. We're only beaten by Illinois (11.5) and Arizona (10.6).

It's 10.75% in the Pico Rivera area, I believe.

wampaslayr
11-15-2009, 10:26 PM
WalMart is selling their exclusive Droid Factory sets for $5.00. I noticed that they brought these back out with the AT-ST and Dewback sets. I picked up the Coran Horn set for the clearance price. This was the only one that I was interested in and this price is much better than the original $17.00. Now if they would reduce the comic packs, I'd be even happier.

Cataclizm1
11-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Hey guys. I'm selling my TRU exclusive Endor AT-AT. It'd still MISB and never opened. Just has some wear on the corners. Looking for $100 and local pick up but that price is negotiable. If you're interested email me: cataclizm1@yahoo.com

Maradona
11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
WalMart is selling their exclusive Droid Factory sets for $5.00. I noticed that they brought these back out with the AT-ST and Dewback sets. I picked up the Coran Horn set for the clearance price. This was the only one that I was interested in and this price is much better than the original $17.00. Now if they would reduce the comic packs, I'd be even happier.

Which WM? I scanned one yesterday and it still was $17.

BlueSnags
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Scored a set of $5 Walmart droid factory sets this morning, along with the recarded CW Ahsoka w/Rotta, recard CW R2, an opener Cantina Saurin (chrome eye variant), Titanium TIE Defender and an opener Luke/Lumiya comic pack. Also grabbed two $5 GI Joes: Arctic Snake Eyes and Helix.

-Snags

wampaslayr
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Which WM? I scanned one yesterday and it still was $17.

It was the WalMart in Valencia (behind Magic Mountain).

CrunchyNug
11-16-2009, 11:09 PM
You lucky BAD-stards. I also found the Droid Factory sets today, but mine we're still $17. Oh well, I passed again.

Frank Footer
11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice big face of W10 at Deadwood Target this AM. Scored Hr'chek (bronze eyes), Leesub, Scanning Tech, and Jawa & security droid. 1X of the whole wave on the pegs.

Brain-dead guy in videogames could not find Lego Indiana Jones 2 for me, though. :mad:

Tycho
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Target had new Clone Wars figures (re-packs and such) and I got another carded Ahsoka Tano in case I need more. I also got an R2-D2 because I don't think I ever bought many.

They also had the new battlepacks with Anakin, Ahsoka, and the alien Gar Nacht.

Plus the Republic Gunship cannons.

I didn't need to buy those though.

There was plenty of ROTJ wave on the pegs for Legacy.

figrin bran
11-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Nice big face of W10 at Deadwood Target this AM. Scored Hr'chek (bronze eyes), Leesub, Scanning Tech, and Jawa & security droid. 1X of the whole wave on the pegs.

Brain-dead guy in videogames could not find Lego Indiana Jones 2 for me, though. :mad:

Deadwood Target! That is a name I have not heard in a long, long time.

Tycho
11-17-2009, 11:43 PM

"I know you're holding the Ewoks in there.

Hand them over and there will be no trouble. We'll forget all about this, alright?

But if you want to be the tough guy, if you want to so much as blink the wrong way at me. Well Mister, you're gonna be in a world of hurt.

There's gonna be blood I tell you. Blood like a river."

Frank Footer
11-18-2009, 11:19 AM

It's a place I haven't visited in a long, long time! I started going again last week, and they have been getting figures consistently. Does anyone need any stashables?

"I know you're holding the Ewoks in there.

Hand them over and there will be no trouble. We'll forget all about this, alright?

But if you want to be the tough guy, if you want to so much as blink the wrong way at me. Well Mister, you're gonna be in a world of hurt.

There's gonna be blood I tell you. Blood like a river."

:thumbsup:

darkagent
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Went to Target yesterday and found a new endcap full of Star Wars and Transformer exclusives. They had the Ambush at Abregado BPs, Wedge X-Wing, and the new redesigned cockpit Tie Fighter. For Transformers, they had the Fallen, some Lion Optimus Prime and another set (sorry can't remeber).

bikerscout
11-18-2009, 12:35 PM
last wally i went to that had the Droid Factory 2 packs --they were still $17 a pop. Where are the *(*^&$^%^# $#@!$@!%^^ wally excl. comic packs?!!??!!?! What are they waiting for???!!!

darkagent
11-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Found all of the Legacy Wave 11 Revenge of the Sith figures at Walmart today. It's getting especially difficult to distinguish what's a repack or not. I still need a Jawa Capture R2-D2, found one today, but it had the new Wave 11 YVH-1 droid part.

JediTricks
11-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Found ANH R2-D2, Hrchek Kal Fas, and copilot Chewie at Target West Hollywood tonight. Bought the first 2, left the 3rd at the register. If they had used the ANH head, I would have bought it, but he's never seen in the Falcon with his ROTJ hairstyle so I couldn't pull the trigger.

WM Panorama City had a handful of the new Dewbacks. I didn't buy one, doesn't have the right deco or sculpt for me.

wampaslayr
11-23-2009, 04:44 AM
Took advantage of the BOGO at KMart and bought the CW AT-TE Gunner figure which is the last CW figure I needed to complete the wave. Bought AOTC Anakin from the ROTJ wave as the freebie. Also found the Target BP's at the Valencia Target but cannot justify $25.00 for a set that includes 2 repackaged figures and 2 new clones. That Target also had a full set of the Geonosian packs for $9.99 each. Still too much. All the WalMarts in the area had full ANH waves on the pegs.

Tycho
11-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I just bought a Tonka Toys (Hasbro) tow truck vehicle that can hold 3 3/4" action figures.

I'm going to put Terminator Salvation's Marcus Wright figure in there being chased by my Moto-Terminators, a Hunter-Killer, and The Harvester!

I wished I had a Kyle Reese figure to join him, but I may wind up customizing one. I could even use the Checkov head from the Star Trek line on some sort of military line 3 3/4" figure.

NOTE: I am a fan of the Terminator franchise, but this is hardly my favorite movie from that series (Try T2!). T:S just has a lot of cool "toyetic" stuff in it because it's part of the Future War.

The Tonka tow truck will require some custom paint work and "firing" to make it look like it survived a nuclear holocaust though. Will that negate it's "Warranty for Life?"

Anyway, I'm now looking for a nuclear warhead to set off in my toy collection. Let me know if you have one and what you'd want in trade.

bikerscout
11-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Lol, I've always thought the HKs were cool in the Terminator series. I think SS made a 1:16 scale version and had it hanging up at comic-con one year, unless it was some other company.

Happy Thankgiving to all!!!! (i keep wantin to say happy tofurkey day! but many don't know what that is -:p)

Tycho
11-27-2009, 12:11 PM
I bought Sulu and got Chekov free. I'm going to use the Chekov head on an appropriate 3 3/4" body to make Kyle Reese to ride with Marcus in my towtruck.

I looked at all the 3 3/4" figures that TRU was carrying and I didn't find a body I liked for Kyle, so the search will continue.

I want to see the Logan figures again from Wolverine, but TRU was out of them.

I also bought a "Battle Machines" Mustang from TRU. This car ($14.99 I think) is a replica black 2006 Mustang that can hold 3 3/4" figures pretty easily I imagine (it's larger than the similar Transformers Alternators Mustang - Wheeljack) but it has its windows sealed with "bullet-proofing steel," giving it a rather cool look. I think it will work nicely for a burned-out vehicle the Resistance might have used for the bridge scene with that towtruck I bought.

I will continue to look for other vehicles that might be useful in that scale. I think a semi-truck and one more car of some sort (or pick-up truck) will do. Oh - I also plan to get that GI Joe Cobra SUV and will cover or remove the Cobra symbols and perhaps either remove the weaponry or color it less "toyetic" and more burned-out background vehicle for the scene as well.

Still sucks that for a 3 3/4" scene there will be no Terminator figures (of robots themselves - though Skynet didn't need them quite then) and just Marcus and Kyle will be in the scene (when I customize Kyle).

I wonder if Playmates will atempt new figures (ever? and for Terminator 5? In this scale?) I hope so.

Rumors before - posted in this thread - suggest that Playmates was going to do Terminator 1 & 2 figures for this line as well. I'd love 'em all plus Sarah Connor Chronicles - however - Future Wars is the most toyetic.

JediTricks
11-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I didn't know Battle Machines had gone to the 1:18 scale, all the ones I have are 1:64 scale. I'll have to look out for that.

Tycho
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't know what the scale is, but I may try and set up this Terminator scene later. It could be on display when you visit. Unpainted of course - though I'll post pictures of the unpainted "Terminator meets Disney display."

JediTricks
11-27-2009, 04:45 PM
3.75" figures are 1:18 scale. If figures can fit in the car, that's 1:18, a popular die-cast scale. The next one down is 1:24th, which is too small to get a 3.75" figure into, the Alternators and Human Alliance Transformers figures are 1:24th scale.

According to the manufacturer's website, they are making Battle Machines in 1:64, 1:32, and 1:24th scale, so I don't think your 3.75" figures will actually fit in the Mustang you bought. Also, unfortunately, the Mustang is the only one currently in the 1:24 line, they have it across 8 decos. What bums me out about that is that all the other Battle Machine designs in the line have weapons EXCEPT the Mustang.

Tycho
11-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Chekov seems like he would fit in the Mustang, however they have side-guards inside the vehicle as part of its deco that make it difficult to position him right. I also don't think there's enough floor space under the dash to fit his legs with his butt in the seat. BTW, the Mustang is a bit larger than Alternators Wheeljack.

However, Chekov fits in the towtruck just fine. I think the Tonka truck is a little larger than it should be to go with the Mustang, but as I would gather Playmates is never going to continue this Terminator line, except perhaps for Terminator 5 (tenatively called: Terminator The Box Office Demise), I'm best off doing what I'm doing. And I'll get that GI Joe Cobra SUV with my Target coupon for $5 off SW, Trans, or GI Joe toys since I don't think there's any SW or TF stuff that I need right now (Maybe I should pick up more Super BDs, BDs, or Kit Fisto, another Ventress - whatever - but I'm not sure what I'll be using and what I have right now. I need to sort my CW stuff - and I'd sworn I'd never start collecting this line! Grrrrrrrr!)

Anyway Playmates was going to have 2 more vehicles in their Terminator Salvation line: a towtruck (ridden in by Marcus and Kyle) and a helicopter (several were seen being piloted by John $*#!~%! Connor)

figrin bran
11-27-2009, 09:52 PM
I got my first AT-TE at TRU today! I used a $5 TRU rewards coupon plus a clone cash coupon to decrease the 49.99 price by $10.

also bought a Scanning Crew at Valencia WM.

Tycho
11-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Brandon! You're alive! Cool. :yes:

JediTricks
11-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Chekov seems like he would fit in the Mustang, however they have side-guards inside the vehicle as part of its deco that make it difficult to position him right. I also don't think there's enough floor space under the dash to fit his legs with his butt in the seat. BTW, the Mustang is a bit larger than Alternators Wheeljack.I saw a few of these at TRU today, It's actually about 1:22nd scale rather than 1:24th, I'd say, but it's still too small to really fit a 1:18th scale figure. You might be able to cram him in though, it's not like it has to be to true scale, but I would suspect that unless they tampered heavily with the interior, it'd look like Dino on the Flintstones just before he busted through the roof.

I got my first AT-TE at TRU today! I used a $5 TRU rewards coupon plus a clone cash coupon to decrease the 49.99 price by $10.

also bought a Scanning Crew at Valencia WM.Nice get! I also got my first AT-TE at TRU today, but didn't have any coupons to go with it.

Only TLC figures I saw were Luke Jedi, Nien B-wing, and Malakili at Target Burbank, IIRC.

This was a horrible black friday, maybe even worse than last year.

JediTricks
11-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Culver City Target had the Rishi Moon Outpost Attack and Geonosis Assault battle packs, so I bought them and used a $5 coupon in the process.

Rishi Moon is pretty good, I would have liked to have seen a shiny actually be SHINY, but otherwise he's pretty decent. Didn't know they had changed the helmet design from the earliest figure, that was a nice surprise, this one's a little more accurate to the show. The commando droids aren't as subtly painted as the single, but decent none the less. The commander's vibro-sword is nifty and I appreciate the removable electro effect. Plus, removable helmet!

Geonosis Assault is ok but not as exciting as I had hoped. The removable helmet is a little awkward in the "face", this clone body is still bulky, and they weren't pilots in the pods. Never the less, the end result is still keen enough, but I don't know if I'll bother getting 2, I never look at the other side of my gunship.

wampaslayr
11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Just wanted to pass this bit of info alog about the BAD waves. I have noticed that at both the Valencia Target and WalMart that the droid part has been ripped out of the packaging. Make sure that if you buy any of the newer waves to check the back to make sure the droid part is still intact. I've noticed the missing parts in both the ROTJ and ANH waves. I noticed it on both the cantina figures from ANH at WalMart today and a Nikto figure the other day at Target. This may just be isolated to the Valencia area but it may be happening in other areas so double check to ensure you don't get ripped off.

figrin bran
11-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Just wanted to pass this bit of info alog about the BAD waves. I have noticed that at both the Valencia Target and WalMart that the droid part has been ripped out of the packaging. Make sure that if you buy any of the newer waves to check the back to make sure the droid part is still intact. I've noticed the missing parts in both the ROTJ and ANH waves. I noticed it on both the cantina figures from ANH at WalMart today and a Nikto figure the other day at Target. This may just be isolated to the Valencia area but it may be happening in other areas so double check to ensure you don't get ripped off.

I just got the Scanning Crew from Valencia WM yesterday and fortunately, the droid piece was still in there. However, since I go to the stores up there from time to time, I appreciate the warning.

I got Leesub and concept Ki-Adi today so I've finished that wave's BAD.

bikerscout
11-30-2009, 05:33 AM
arrrggghhhh where are those new Wally SW comic packs? sick of waitin for 'em.

Tycho --since you're lookin for vehicles to go mad max on for your terminator wars, maybe u can find some clearanced Indy KOTCS vehicles at TRU or wally. Haven't seen any recently though, so u might wanna try Ross or TJ Maxx

Tycho
11-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks Bikerscout. I'll take a look.

The Cobra black SUV is an awesome vehicle for this sort of use as it's armed, armored, and you can bullet-proof the windows.

JediTricks
11-30-2009, 10:59 PM
I stashed a Clone Wars Luminara Unduli at West Hollywood Target. PM for location.

Said location also has the 2 new exclusive battle packs, the TIE Fighter, and... um... I dunno, something else probably.

Tycho
12-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Oh, I saw that large red-window TIE Fighter at Target yesterday. I could have bought a fleet of them. I think they were $39 each.

But "back in the day when I was a young man" they used to be $20.

Back then I bought 6 or more of them. I'm not sure how many TIEs I have actually, but it should be 6 now that I think about it. Then I got 3 TIE Intercepters, so my Imperial Fleet (not counting 2 bombers and 2 Vader TIEs) amounts to 9 ships. (Hmmm. I just thought it was 11 the other day. I don't know).

I also have a kitchen sink and two sinks, one each, in each bathroom. Then I have 2 sofas in my living room. Oh, and do you know I have toilets in my bathrooms?

figrin bran
12-01-2009, 02:12 AM
I stashed a Clone Wars Luminara Unduli at West Hollywood Target. PM for location.

Said location also has the 2 new exclusive battle packs, the TIE Fighter, and... um... I dunno, something else probably.

I don't need a Luminara but suddenly I need another Ahsoka 1.0 as I'm looking to get duplicates of core characters for my AT-TE crew.

Jango Speck
12-01-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm selling my loose and carded "Cars" die-cast collection. I have just about every car released in the first year or more- all in great condition. I'd like to sell these off in one big lot, or a few small ones, but not one-offs.

Anyone want to scoop up some Christmas presents for the kids in your life?

K M Toydarian
12-01-2009, 06:03 AM
I don't need a Luminara but suddenly I need another Ahsoka 1.0 as I'm looking to get duplicates of core characters for my AT-TE crew.

Pretty sure I saw at least three Ahsoka 1.0 today at NoHo Target. 1 might have been spacesuit, but there was more than one original fig, new card.

bikerscout
12-01-2009, 07:23 AM
I also have a kitchen sink and two sinks, one each, in each bathroom. Then I have 2 sofas in my living room. Oh, and do you know I have toilets in my bathrooms?

:confused:

JediTricks
12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh, I saw that large red-window TIE Fighter at Target yesterday. I could have bought a fleet of them. I think they were $39 each.

But "back in the day when I was a young man" they used to be $20.

Back then I bought 6 or more of them. I'm not sure how many TIEs I have actually, but it should be 6 now that I think about it. Then I got 3 TIE Intercepters, so my Imperial Fleet (not counting 2 bombers and 2 Vader TIEs) amounts to 9 ships. (Hmmm. I just thought it was 11 the other day. I don't know).

I also have a kitchen sink and two sinks, one each, in each bathroom. Then I have 2 sofas in my living room. Oh, and do you know I have toilets in my bathrooms?And back when you were a young man, TIE Fighters were half the height and looked stupid.

I don't need a Luminara but suddenly I need another Ahsoka 1.0 as I'm looking to get duplicates of core characters for my AT-TE crew.I'll keep an eye out. I found one there a few weeks back.

CrunchyNug
12-01-2009, 08:31 PM
suddenly I need another Ahsoka 1.0 as I'm looking to get duplicates of core characters for my AT-TE crew.

Saw 3 of these at PR WM this morning. Sorry I didn't know sooner, but they're out there for sure...

Turbowars
12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Anyone find the ROTS or ESB waves? All I see is the ANH wave. I can't believe all the Scanning troopers I have passed up.

Really want 2 IG-88's and a bunch Of Stormtroopers from the ROTS wave.

figrin bran
12-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Saw 3 of these at PR WM this morning. Sorry I didn't know sooner, but they're out there for sure...

Thanks. I'm sure I'll find her again sooner or later.

Now that I have an AT-TE, my Seps army is looking rather pitiful and so I'll probably want to get an Octuparra and/or Hailfire droid just so the AT-TE has something to shoot at.

JediTricks
12-02-2009, 05:23 AM
I got the AT-TE because I had been buying more CIS ground vehicles than Republic and it had gotten silly.

Republic ground forces:

AT-RT (temporarily lost, no less, and I can't imagine where I put it)
TX-130
AT-AP

CIS ground forces:

Hailfire Droid
Homing Spider
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Crab Droid
AAT
Octuptarra Droid (coming in the mail for xmas)
walking Vulture Droid
Grievous' Wheelbike
Tri-Droid (let's face it, it's big enough to menace the AT-RT and TX-130)

Without the AT-TE, it's a total slaughter, so I had to bring in reinforcements at $50. :p

For my collection, the big problem is the CIS is horribly outnumbered in the sky...

Republic sky forces:

Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter
CW Jedi Starfighter
Anakin's modified Jedi Starfighter
Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter
V-wing
V-19 Torrent
CW Y-wing
ARC-170
Republic Gunship

CIS sky forces:

Vulture Droid
Magnaguard Starfighter
Geonosian Droopyfighter
Droid Tri-Fighter
Grievous' Starfighter

They need to get more villain vehicles into the show somehow.

Tycho
12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Well they use mass amounts of vulture droids. You could consider fleet building.

JediTricks
12-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't like fleet building the vehicles, it sets a bad precedent because then I feel like I have to start buying more vehicles to balance THAT out, and it doesn't feel unique. I only buy vehicles for what makes them special, I don't have room to set up a whole thing. I had the AT-TE surrounded by the CIS forces I mentioned before, that was cool, but it's not like I could play with multiple vehicles at once beyond setting them down and picking one up to focus on.

bikerscout
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
made a quick stop at LF TRU (had to exchange something at BB). Nothing good for SW except a Gelagrub BP. Put it behind a Capt. Rex helmet if anyone wants it. Cool updated pistols and BJ hips, but still too expensive for me

Tycho
12-02-2009, 09:13 PM
No need to get me a geligrub battlepack, but thank you for letting me know it's out there. I want one of those myself but I'll find it in San Diego or on HTS.

Turbowars
12-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Man, check this out. I have been hitting WM everyday after work since I heard the green displays with the ROTS and ESB wave hit. I missed yesterday and when I went today there it was. Only a few rehashes were there that came in in the new cases! :(:(:(:(:mad:

wampaslayr
12-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Found all of the ESB wave at Valencia Super WalMart except for R2-X2. Found all of the ROTS wave at Valencia WalMart (behind Magic Mountain) except for concept IG-88. Both stores had the new Battlepacks as well but passed on those. The Valencia WalMart also had the new CW wave on the pegs. Stevenson Ranch WalMart was a bust as was Target.

JediTricks
12-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Target West Hollywood put out a case of ROTJ, someone bent the cards up but it meant I was able to get the gray Ugnaught finally. I also bought the other Leia, figured I could do 1 standing and 1 sitting. Now I have 2 more of the R3-M3 torso, which I will need to trade for something else.

CrunchyNug
12-03-2009, 09:20 PM
ESB hit the Valley today. I was able to get most of 'em. The only one I missed was the Snowtrooper. I saw 1 case at FB WM & 2 cases at PR WM. Lots of new Joes too, but all the good ones were gone by the time I got there.

DarkKnight4516
12-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Anyone see any rots waves anywhere out there? found everything but even the esb wave.

Tycho
12-04-2009, 05:32 AM
In San Diego, they had the new concept Ki-Adi Mundi with the eye patch.

I'm not interested in this figure since he never ends up looking like that, so I totally passed on him. But I did have him in hand.

I don't know what wave he's from.

They got TPM wave in again and I picked up another Holo Sidious and Gungan Warrior.

I also got another original Ahsoka Tano, probably from her re-release wave. That's a good figure and I like it better than her spacesuit wave.

They had Obi-Wan's Freco speederbike. Now that I look back on it, maybe I should have bought that. I think I'll pick it up the next time I see it around. I believe they're making Anakin and Rex in their snowgear, and the Talz. Those just weren't THAT important of episodes, so while I'm trying to cut back on toys, here's an opportunity.

Frank Footer
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
No ESB Wave at Deadwood Target this AM, but they had plenty of Wedge X-Wings. There were also a smattering of ANH Wave on the pegs.

Soon you will be mine, Willrow Hood! :yes:

bikerscout
12-04-2009, 07:44 PM
since target, walmart and TRU are not getting all the new waves at the same time -not worth huntin really. Chances are bad when u r reduced to one store

figrin bran
12-04-2009, 11:08 PM
In San Diego, they had the new concept Ki-Adi Mundi with the eye patch.

I'm not interested in this figure since he never ends up looking like that, so I totally passed on him. But I did have him in hand.

I don't know what wave he's from.

They got TPM wave in again and I picked up another Holo Sidious and Gungan Warrior.

I also got another original Ahsoka Tano, probably from her re-release wave. That's a good figure and I like it better than her spacesuit wave.

They had Obi-Wan's Freco speederbike. Now that I look back on it, maybe I should have bought that. I think I'll pick it up the next time I see it around. I believe they're making Anakin and Rex in their snowgear, and the Talz. Those just weren't THAT important of episodes, so while I'm trying to cut back on toys, here's an opportunity.

Tycho, Spacesuit Ahsoka's head on Ahsoka 1.0's body = the best Ahsoka figure you can get.

I regret passing up the Freeco speeder twice now.

I guess I'll be hitting some Walmarts tomorrow in hopes of some ESB figures.

Tycho
12-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I drove in spite of not really being supposed to.

At Wal-Mart, I got the Frecco Speederbike, a black Bespin Guard, Wilrow Hood, R2-X2, and FOR TRADE Luke Snowspeeder, Zuckuss, Concept Snowtrooper, and the AT-AT Driver.

I want more Saurins (Hrchek Kal Fas), ICMGs (Wilrow Hoods) and 1 more black Bespin Guard for trade stuff.

JediTricks
12-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Oh man, I want those trade figures you got, all 4 of them!!! I don't have any of the stuff you have in your trade list yet, but I'll keep an eye peeled. Why can't this stuff be findable here? I've still not seen those 2 TPM figs you bought.

figrin bran
12-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Tycho, I have an L8-L9 head.

I headed out to Valencia Walmart in hopes of finding the ESB wave. There was none but I did find Masterpiece Skywarp and DCUC Power Girl. If anyone's still looking for Skywarp, there were around 20 of them. I nearly missed them as they were on a island display in front of electronics.