PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Tycho
12-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Tycho, I have an L8-L9 head.

Do I have anything you need for a trade? PM and we'll finalize the deal or I can buy it off you if nothing else.

K M Toydarian
12-06-2009, 03:31 AM
I have been selling off my carded collection, which leaves me with extra Hasbro collector cases (of the ROTS and SW varieties).

If anyone is interested, I'll part with these (large lots preferably) for .25 cents apiece.

Thanks Jango for hooking me up with a bunch of cases! I am very grateful.
Burbank TRU had a bunch of Endor Attack and Slave 1 GH cinema scenes. Slave 1 is pretty cool, but hopefully will be on sale soon (24.99 at TRU).

Jango Speck
12-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Saw the Red Leader XWing at NoHo Target tonight- man, the paint job looks horrible on the ship. It's not white, not grey, kind of yellow/beige. I guess the only good part is the yellow ladder?

Tycho
12-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I got another Saurin at Target this morning. They had 2 of the cantina girl but only 1 Saurin. My guess is an employee raid? Don't know. I thought there'd be 2.

They also had the new battlepacks and I saw the Ewok with the glider (it's Romba I think) but I didn't pull the trigger on it. It looks like they used the vintage mold or maybe that was from the Deluxe Ewok that came out in 2003 or 2004? It looked familiar.

I bought a Jeligrub battlepack with the worm (doesn't come with Tequilla but includes a Clone Trooper instead). I know I ordered this from ToysRUs.com, but I might as well keep one as insurance. I can return it to Target at any time.

JediTricks
12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
It's the Saga Ultra Ewok from a few years ago.

CrunchyNug
12-07-2009, 06:12 PM
It's the Saga Ultra Ewok from a few years ago.

I think you're 50% correct here. Warok is based on the Graak figure from 2007's TAC 2-pack, BUT the glider is definitely from the Saga Ultra Ewok.

JediTricks
12-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Exactly, I was only talking about the glider mold itself since that's what Tycho asked about, not the figure.

bikerscout
12-08-2009, 05:04 AM
I bought a Jeligrub battlepack with the worm (doesn't come with Tequilla but includes a Clone Trooper instead). I know I ordered this from ToysRUs.com, but I might as well keep one as insurance. I can return it to Target at any time.

thought u weren't gonna get that pack? :confused:

Tycho
12-08-2009, 05:10 AM
I always was going to get the Jeligrub. I just don't need 2 of them.

Tycho
12-08-2009, 08:15 AM
CRAZY Update!

I went to two Wal-marts tonight. At the first, they had an endcap of the new AT-STs selling for $30 each. I figured that was a good price, but I'd think on it while on my way to the other Wal-Mart.

I still do NOT want to upgrade or replace my 1995 / vintage AT-STs if it can be helped. They are part of my collecting history and not the latest thing as of only yesterday. Besides, I want to spend, but on a Jabba's Sailbarge for the 3 3/4" or save my money to order a custom made-to-order Star Destroyer for even $1K if I have to spend that much.

So I go to the 2nd Wal-Mart and the AT-STs there are $43 each.

With a 90-day return priviledge, I figure I can't go too wrong. So I return to the first Wal-Mart and price check the walkers with an employee. Sure enough: $30 at that store.

I have 6 1995 / vintage walkers in storage whose legs might be bent.

So I bought 6 more new ones, just in case. As I get to checking my old walkers, I can start returning these new ones if need be.

However, the old walkers were $20 each back in the day. $20 x 6 = $120.

These walkers at $30 were $30 x 6 = $180 (or $195 after tax).

But saving $13 per walker from them being marked down from the $46 price, I saved $13 x 6 or $78 on the modern price.

$195 (final price tonight) - $120 old-school price = $75

So I actually come out ahead by saving $78 on the modern price, or saving $3 more than I spent on the inflation-adjusted price (on sale of course).

I realize I would have saved $195 if I didn't buy anything, but I may be returning walkers yet if my old ones are still useable. I'm not as interested in improvements and upgrades as I am never-made-vehicles (or never-updated-ones for the POTF2 and beyond line - like the Twin Pod Cloud Car).

wampaslayr
12-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I was at my local WalMarts today and all of them are selling figures for $6.00 each. Two of them had remnants of the ROTS wave, but most of them were CW or Legends. They must be trying to get rid of overstock. I don't know WalMart's policy on price adjustments but I know many have posted buying figures from WM in the last week and may be entitled to a price adjustment.

bikerscout
12-10-2009, 08:11 AM
tycho --it's too early for all that math..:tired:

wampaslayr -- glad the price has gone down, if we're lucky maybe target will follow suit. At least for a bit

JediTricks
12-10-2009, 09:20 PM
WM's $6 figs got me excited, so I did a big run today. Here is what I found:

Duarte WM:
- ANH wave stragglers. Lots of pegwarmers. An unholy amount of Transformers movie figures. Dewback sets. Hot Wheels Delorean! Bought: 2 of the Delorean, 2 other HWs, and a 1:42 scale Battle Machines Camaro.

Covina WM:
- Deluxe CW Turbo Tank Support Crew. Adventure Padme. Cad Bane. More ANH wave stragglers, and a couple ROTS wave figs. Bought: nothing.

Covina TRU:
- Lots of old CW figs, including several 212th Troops. 2x Denal. Multiple Cmdr Gree. TLC line sadness. Bought: Denal.

Baldwin Park WM:
- ANH wave stragglers, including Saurins for Tycho. ROTS wave stragglers, including Utai. More Cad Banes. Bought: Saurins for Tycho.

Rosemead Target:
- Leesub Sirln. Adventure Padme. Gray Ugnaughts. $18 Vehicles. Bought: 1 Hot Wheels car, 1 box of Ice Cubes Strawberry Smoothie gum.

Rosemead WM:
- Entire ANH wave, including Concept Ki-Adi-Mundi and 2 Imp Scanning Techs. 1 lone Bespin Guard. ROTS wave stragglers. Cad Banes. Cody & Echo (waaa?). Thire. Extra pegs in other areas. Clear Nerf Rev-6 (looks good, but $8 for a gun I already have is too much right now). Bought: Bespin Guard, Thire, Pilot Chewie, more Saurins for Tycho, Jawa, a 3-pack of butter knives, and a 6-pack of manilla envelopes.

Between the price break and the fact that there are new figures to find and the desire to build a cool CW squad for the AT-TE, this trip really re-energized my batteries.

bikerscout
12-11-2009, 06:14 AM
all of those runs just for knives, envelopes and gum?? :ermm:

JediTricks
12-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Oh, and a Saga Legends Super Battle Droid for $6, I forgot about this, I bought it at Covina WM because it was shiny and I had been putting off getting it for a long time. It's still not as good a figure as I remember, but now it doesn't have fire-holes in it.

I live in Hollywood, so it was a single 58 mile trip, a big circle. Hollywood up Los Feliz Blvd to the 5 to the 134/210 to Duarte, then up the 210 to Azusa Blvd to Covina, then Azusa Blvd some more to the 10 to Baldwin Park, then back to the 10 to Rosemead Blvd for Target, then some little street that starts with "M" over to Walnut Grove Ave to Rosemead WM, then back Walnut Grove to the 10 to the 101 to home.

The Bespin Guard's hat fits WAY too high up his head. WTF?

Denal looks like he's crying.

I love posting late at night when I'm tired, I never know what I'm going to say next.

Thire's big gun is stupidly large, even by this line's standards, and he can't shoulder-mount it for crap.

Mattel's Delorean is ok, but nowhere near as good as the Japanese Hot Wheels Delorean time machine, which is made by Bandai rather than Mattel. There should totally be a 1:64 scale beatdown on Mattel's arse! Bandai is way better at Hot Wheels than its own originator!

bikerscout
12-11-2009, 07:55 AM
if i weren't workin and i knew u were gonna do that run, i would've joined u. I also live in Hollywood (off western)

Tycho
12-11-2009, 08:11 AM
I got 2 HotWheels "Woodys" - one the rare red wheel variation - that I plan to give as gifts to a couple of the Hot Wheels regulars that go to my Target every morning. They are collectors and not scalpers and they're good guys.

The one car is supposedly worth $50. I guess they get a valuable gift for being nice to me and looking out for me all these years.

I don't mind spending $1 and some change on each of them.

Anyway, the Hot Wheels were just there, on the very front of the pegs.

I have never bought Hot Wheels in my entire life! I had them as a kid when my mom picked some up for me, but I've just never been interested in them since. I'm still not. But it did feel good getting something valuable for only a buck!

Kidhuman
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM
tycho --it's too early for all that math..:tired:

wampaslayr -- glad the price has gone down, if we're lucky maybe target will follow suit. At least for a bit

The Target by me in Va will price match now with an ad. They were in WM's ad this week in the newspaper for 6 bucks. If you can find one, they should match it

Tycho
12-11-2009, 07:56 PM
My box of 5 Hrchek Kal Fas (Saurins) arrived today from Hasbro Toy Shop.

They join the first 5 I ordered, 1 or 2 more I found, and then several friends both say they each have 4 for me.

I'll need all but 2 of those and this is the figure I'll have bought the most of this year I think.

Now if I could just get more Wilrow Hoods (7 more would be perfect).

elvandrik
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
What are u gonna do with all those Saurins?

Tycho
12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
18 used as follows:

2 in Mos Eisley (1 in the bar, 1 on the street)
1 in Docking Bay 94 as one of the thugs with Jabba confronting Han*
1 in Jabba's Palace
1 on Jabba's Sailbarge
1 in Mos Espa
1 in the stands at the Pod Race
1 in the streets of Coruscant while Anakin and Obi-Wan chase Zam Wessel
1 in the streets of Coruscant or working for Black Sun, as Luke and Lando search for Leia
1 as a random alien escaping the Yuuzhan Vong in the evacuation of Duro
1 perhaps as a member of Black Sun's thugs when Darth Maul confronts them
1 in the cantina as Wedge and Han Solo return there to find Talon Karrde
1 as an alien bounty hunter sent to kill Quinlan Vos when Villie rescues him
1 as a passenger on the freighter that Anakin and Padme take to Naboo

I have to see how my other EU scenes play out and where I can stick this figure in, but Saurins were widely seen as random aliens around the galaxy. I think only Cloud City might be a locale that I wouldn't use this guy in. Certainly a lot of Nar Shaada will qualify.

I use figures like Hrchek and Wilrow Hood, to establish populations that the main characters can move through in my dioramas.

Other figures that are cool, but way inappropriate for that sort of application are like Ephant Mon and Herme Odel, Amanaman, etc. They're rare kinds and I like to represent them that way.

But when I get a potential "scene filler" like Willrow Hood, I maximize my use out of him. Bane Malar was equally useful that way. With Bo Shek, I could put his helmet on and have at it. "The Real Bo Shek" has his helmet off and is in my cantina where he's supposed to be.

bikerscout
12-11-2009, 09:23 PM
i was wondering what 'Saurin' was -i was beginning to think it was multiples of some LOTR character.
edit: NM

wampaslayr
12-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Went back to my local WalMart with 5 bags of purchased figures (about 20) and was able to return them and rebuy them at the sale price. All in all, got back $35.00 for my troubles. :D I think I have a few more figures I bought at the end of September that would still qualify for the discount. Ten bucks is ten bucks.

Ji'dai
12-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I took a receipt into WM to ask for a price correction on a LEGO SW set that had a $15 rollback in price and was told corrections are usually given a week after purchase (I bought it two weeks prior, right before Thanksgiving) but they went ahead and refunded me the difference anyway. Had they refused, I would've just purchased the set again and returned it on the old receipt.

Jango Speck
12-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Remember this shop?

http://www.burbankleader.com/articles/2009/12/12/business/blr-halo120909.txt

Now that they can't harvest the hard to get stuff from KB Toys, I wonder where he gets it all? (Target?)

Tycho
12-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Jango, there were 3 stores like that (besides the surviving one with multiple locations in San Diego to this day) which I used to hang out at.

The coolest one closed but I am still friends with the owner and went to a party at his house 2 weekends ago. I met so many of my friends there and even my adopted little brother. I love those kinds of places if they create the right atmosphere.

In my friend Jim's shop, there were chairs for us to sit down in, and those of us he knew well were invited to bring our lunches in and chow down and watch movies there, or bring our guitars by and set up and practice. When he had a Hasbro account, he ordered direct stuff for me and my friends and made some sales to us at cost. Sure, other folks he bent over backwards I'm sure. But he had a true love of the hobby and dioramas in display cases throughout his store. He still has them in his home.

Now I don't think I'd be hanging out with the folks in this picture of your mall store, but Jim is only slightly older than me and he and his wife and our friends share a lot of things in common. Those were the best days, dude!

bikerscout
12-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Remember this shop?

Now that they can't harvest the hard to get stuff from KB Toys, I wonder where he gets it all? (Target?)

the sith must be destroyed :dev:

Turbowars
12-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Remember this shop?

Now that they can't harvest the hard to get stuff from KB Toys, I wonder where he gets it all? (Target?)That was chubby 13 right? I can't believe the guy is still in business. He must be doing other things than scalping.
:hurt:

MicroJow
12-14-2009, 04:54 PM
So I finally received my order of ANH figures from HasbroToyShop and instead of coming with the Head/Foot for R3-A2, my Tatooine Capture R2-D2 came with the torso to YVH-1. Grrr. What's more, R2 is the only figure in the wave that comes with the Head/Foot. I don't suppose anyone has an extra Head/Foot for R3-A2? Or even a spare Tatooine Capture R2-D2 that has the correct pieces?

- J

JediTricks
12-14-2009, 05:27 PM
if i weren't workin and i knew u were gonna do that run, i would've joined u. I also live in Hollywood (off western)Dang, you and Figgy B and me all live in the same area. Are we our own main competition? :p

Tycho
12-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Microjow: I will be checking and updating my BAD parts available for trade this week in the "What is your BAD status?" thread in the Legacy Collection section of the forums. I'll see if I can help you out, but you'll probably have to help me remember what you're looking for. I have a lot of things on my table this week.

JediTricks
12-15-2009, 07:03 AM
After straightening the pegs at W.Ho Target on Saturday, I went back today to find them worse than ever. More of the TLC figures had sold through too and were replaced with CW, suggesting it really is all about the shoddy presentation confusing employees and customers alike. Lucasfilm should never have insisted on this packaging that makes it impossible for stockers to figure out.

Tycho
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes, but isn't it only a case of computer inventory and automatic replenishing.

For example, if the case for Legacy is No. xxxx and the case for CW is yyyy and the case for Legends is zzzz:

If there are 12 figures per case and they are stocked on ANY peg, all mixed together, the computer inventory will have records of 12x, 12y, and 12z.

Then when all the Legacy (x) sell out, the computer will re-order more. What difference does it make if they are messed up on the pegs. The retailers don't trust their employees to be smart enough to order, nor scrupulous enough to do it to get the inventory they need, rather than the inventory a collecting or scalping employee wants.

So if CW and Legends sell better than Legacy, they'll be replenished more frequently - as well as Hasbro will slow down production on Legacy.

I don't like it any more than you do, but like I said: "what's the difference regarding where they are on the pegs?"

bikerscout
12-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Dang, you and Figgy B and me all live in the same area. Are we our own main competition? :p

not really, i've really scaled down SW collecting. One of the last figs i bought was TPM obi-wan or TLC slave leia.

Yeah, glendale target had nothing but CW figs too, last time i looked. And LF tru keeps stocking TLC legends. Annoying!! They used to stock so well too. sux!!!

JediTricks
12-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Very little at WM Rosemead, Baldwin Park, Covina, & Mountain worth mention. WM basics have gone back up to $7.46. There are a smattering of ANH waves figs at them, and even less but some of the ROTS wave. 1 leftover Agen Kolar from the ESB wave at Covina, it had the last HK-50 part I need. Covina also had the BOGO 2packs recycling figures from last year for $7.46, a bunch of FX-6, Grievous, Stass Alie, Cmdr Faie, and maybe 1 other. I almost bought another Grievous/Faie, but passed at the last moment. AT-STs are nearly non-existent at these stores.

Monrovia TRU does not have Legacy pegs anymore, only SL and CW. That is shocking.

Yes, but isn't it only a case of computer inventory and automatic replenishing.

For example, if the case for Legacy is No. xxxx and the case for CW is yyyy and the case for Legends is zzzz:

If there are 12 figures per case and they are stocked on ANY peg, all mixed together, the computer inventory will have records of 12x, 12y, and 12z.

Then when all the Legacy (x) sell out, the computer will re-order more. What difference does it make if they are messed up on the pegs. The retailers don't trust their employees to be smart enough to order, nor scrupulous enough to do it to get the inventory they need, rather than the inventory a collecting or scalping employee wants.

So if CW and Legends sell better than Legacy, they'll be replenished more frequently - as well as Hasbro will slow down production on Legacy.

I don't like it any more than you do, but like I said: "what's the difference regarding where they are on the pegs?"Your conclusion is based on the concept of equal ordering and equal shelving to begin with, as well as equal take-away from the pegs. However, when the LC line is shelved less and then buried behind CW and SL, then the consumer take-away (the figures that get bought) are already in higher ratio from enjoying more peg space, and then it gets worse being mixed into the front because that's all that most consumers look at. The employees are told to go face the pegs and they see a big empty space where the LC figs would go, so what gets put there? CW and SL instead, because their pegs are fuller and look like identical product, so instead of bringing out more LC, they just spread the stuffed CW & SL pegs over the LC-assigned pegs. The LC cases wait in the back while CW and SL move merely because they are what's in consumers faces, then those lines move they get re-ordered while LC doesn't, and the downward spiral continues, making it look like there's no demand for LC when really it's just that less and less of it was getting to the pegs to begin with. The deck is stacked against LC as long as the packaging looks so similar.

not really, i've really scaled down SW collecting. One of the last figs i bought was TPM obi-wan or TLC slave leia.

Yeah, glendale target had nothing but CW figs too, last time i looked. And LF tru keeps stocking TLC legends. Annoying!! They used to stock so well too. sux!!!Well, what are you looking for these days? What is trying to find its way into your collection?

bikerscout
12-17-2009, 11:33 PM
basic fig prices went back up @ WM? that blows. seriously. I was hopin they would stay down long enough to have target want to compete & lower prices too.

i am lookin for ROTS Cody, Plo Koon, Stormtrooper repack (vtsc mold), Willrow, Concept snowtrooper, the newest Jawa too possibly

JediTricks
12-17-2009, 11:35 PM
I agree, it fueled some pretty crazy buys the over the last 7 days that I normally wouldn't have. Now it's just 2 for $10 basics at TRU, and that's about to end, and their stock sucks.

I saw Plo Koon several times, it's out there at WM and the occasional Target. I'll stash or buy one for you next time I see it. The rest I haven't seen in LA.

Tycho
12-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Your conclusion is based on the concept of equal ordering and equal shelving to begin with, as well as equal take-away from the pegs.

Not equal take-away from the pegs. We discussed this in person before. I DO make the assumption that people who want Legacy figures (not the casual consumer if Legacy figures are such like Bail Organa or Trinto Duaba, or even a realistic Luke Skywalker) will look through the variety on the pegs to find what they are looking for. Like myself, who want a lot of Wilrow Hood - I'll dig in there looking for him and the computer will register my purchases. The casual customer would not likely buy Wilrow if he were on the front of the pegs anyway.

However, when the LC line is shelved less and then buried behind CW and SL, then the consumer take-away (the figures that get bought) are already in higher ratio from enjoying more peg space, and then it gets worse being mixed into the front because that's all that most consumers look at.

I understand what you're saying, but as I just noted above, even if the average consumer saw Wilrow, he's not a purchase they are likely to make.

The employees are told to go face the pegs and they see a big empty space where the LC figs would go, so what gets put there? CW and SL instead, because their pegs are fuller and look like identical product, so instead of bringing out more LC, they just spread the stuffed CW & SL pegs over the LC-assigned pegs.

OK, here I agree with you. I'm thinking that 3 radically different cardback styles (and shapes to the cards perhaps?) would help here. I'm starting to think that we DO NOT disagree.

The LC cases wait in the back while CW and SL move merely because they are what's in consumers faces, then those lines move they get re-ordered while LC doesn't, and the downward spiral continues, making it look like there's no demand for LC when really it's just that less and less of it was getting to the pegs to begin with. The deck is stacked against LC as long as the packaging looks so similar.

OK. Yes. I agree.

I think an Ask Hasbro question (and I think they answered this that Lucasfilm ordered conformity :rolleyes: ) would be "Can Hasbro offer 3 different cardback styles for Legends, Legacy, and Clone Wars?"

I don't think they should fold Legends (Han, Luke, Darth, Grievous, Anakin, Troops, etc.) into the Legacy brand because the mainstays need to always be available.

Those into Batman always wanted more villain variety as well as Gordon, etc. instead of Batman with yellow eyes, Batman with white eyes, etc. But the line wouldn't sell without people being able to get Batman.

Han, Luke, Darth, Grievous, Anakin, Troops, etc. ARE Batman to Star Wars. So Legends needs to stay shipping, else there won't be realistic versions of these characters on the market.

So people at Lucasfilm should realize this. You'd think they do. So are they conspiring for the line to fail? Why? What motive would they have? Discuss.

JediTricks
12-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Ugh, I can't believe I'm still awake taking care of last little stuff.

Not equal take-away from the pegs. We discussed this in person before. I DO make the assumption that people who want Legacy figures (not the casual consumer if Legacy figures are such like Bail Organa or Trinto Duaba, or even a realistic Luke Skywalker) will look through the variety on the pegs to find what they are looking for. Like myself, who want a lot of Wilrow Hood - I'll dig in there looking for him and the computer will register my purchases. The casual customer would not likely buy Wilrow if he were on the front of the pegs anyway.Again, your conclusion there is flawed, you are assuming the casual consumer isn't a significant driving force. They are, and with their absence comes the near cancellation of our line.

I think an Ask Hasbro question (and I think they answered this that Lucasfilm ordered conformity :rolleyes: ) would be "Can Hasbro offer 3 different cardback styles for Legends, Legacy, and Clone Wars?"Already asked and answered, it seems LFL has thrust the packaging on them and tied their hands. The color coding was supposed to be the way out, instead it dug the hole deeper.

Tycho
12-18-2009, 07:42 AM
I repeat myself:

So people at Lucasfilm should realize this. You'd think they do. So are they conspiring for the line to fail? Why? What motive would they have? Discuss.

bikerscout
12-18-2009, 07:52 AM
i say hasbro reps scour every city, at least all the best selling targets and walmarts, and take out all the Legends clogging the pegs. CW can be there, but Legends are really screwing it up. I'm not gonna buy 20 anakins, obi-wans and chewbaccas (esp. at these horrid prices) just to get some new product in. what a crappy collecting year. At least this part of the year. Sick of these prices for exclusives too -vehicles and figures @ WM and target. Really bad. $44 for an at-st? are you serious? with tax that's $50 and u could get an on sale AT-TE for that price (i know, this has been said b4)

Jango Speck
12-18-2009, 05:34 PM
2 basic figs for $9.99. Lots of OT stuff today, on the shelf and an endcap.

Also found some Hellboy Mighty Muggs, except they aren't called MM's- some other ghetto packing design with a diff. name.

JediTricks
12-18-2009, 07:08 PM
I repeat myself:

So people at Lucasfilm should realize this. You'd think they do. So are they conspiring for the line to fail? Why? What motive would they have? Discuss.LFL marketing doesn't seem to care so long as SW figures are selling on the pegs. But without LC, the SL line will eventually hit market saturation. The only thing LFL marketing seems to care about is fooling customers who are looking for CW into buying SL/LC or vice-versa, and having it under the unified umbrella look for the SW brand.

i say hasbro reps scour every city, at least all the best selling targets and walmarts, and take out all the Legends clogging the pegs. CW can be there, but Legends are really screwing it up. I'm not gonna buy 20 anakins, obi-wans and chewbaccas (esp. at these horrid prices) just to get some new product in. what a crappy collecting year. At least this part of the year. Sick of these prices for exclusives too -vehicles and figures @ WM and target. Really bad. $44 for an at-st? are you serious? with tax that's $50 and u could get an on sale AT-TE for that price (i know, this has been said b4)Legends they claim are selling. I did a run a week apart from another, and didn't see heavy interest at WM but there was some movement. Still, it does cannibalize sales from LC and should be balanced better.

$45 for the AT-ST seems like a fair price to me. It's twice the product of a $20 vehicle and it comes with a figure and it's an exclusive. The $50 AT-TE is a closeout price so these stores won't have to pay federal backstock taxes on those units after a year, but they aren't making money on them so they are less likely to order more products similar to the AT-TE in the future. It is not reasonable to expect the AT-TE pricing to be the benchmark.

Jango Speck
12-19-2009, 12:07 PM
FYI

IKEA is selling Detolfs for $19.99 on 12/29.

Turbowars
12-19-2009, 12:09 PM
FYI

IKEA is selling Detolfs for $19.99 on 12/29.WHAT?????????????????? Man I should buy 2, but I have no where to put them.

Tycho
12-19-2009, 01:01 PM
What are Detolfs? They sound like the name of some kind of Lawn Knome.

Would that be the one with the Santa Claus hat sculpted on him?

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 04:18 PM
That is a crazy good price instead of $60! I don't want to have to fight the hordes, but that sounds like calendar-worthy.

Tycho, you have a Detolf in your living room, it's that glass case someone gave you. Also, it's "gnome".

Tycho
12-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh, I call it an upright glass display case for fear that someone might otherwise mistake it for a Lawn Gnome.

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Detolf is the name of the display, it's unique because it's the only nationally-available sub-$100 glass display out there, so it's easier to say than explaining that it's a glass display from Ikea that is 5' 2" tall, has 3 interior safety-glass levels, 4 safety-glass walls, interior metal posts, weighs 90lbs, one of the walls is a door, and has a wood top that is pre-cut to accommodate a separately-sold, easy-to-install, recessed light, all for just $60 (plus the optional cost of lighting). So all that, or just "Detolf". And if you don't know what it is, you search Google and it's the first thing on there.

Jango Speck
12-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Saw this at Target today. It's mixed in with Xmas ornaments and has a button that plays various Chewie growl fx. The paintjob on the eyes is so laughable, but my iPhone's camera sucks, so its very blurry. If anyone can get ahold of one of these and get a better picture- it's really hilarious.

Jango Speck
12-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Detolf is the name of the display, it's unique because it's the only nationally-available sub-$100 glass display out there, so it's easier to say than explaining that it's a glass display from Ikea that is 5' 2" tall, has 3 interior safety-glass levels, 4 safety-glass walls, interior metal posts, weighs 90lbs, one of the walls is a door, and has a wood top that is pre-cut to accommodate a separately-sold, easy-to-install, recessed light, all for just $60 (plus the optional cost of lighting).

By the way, has anyone noticed if the overhead light tends to fade the paint on GG statues or Hasbro figures/ships?

wampaslayr
12-20-2009, 04:05 AM
I was at my local Kohl's and found a concept IG-88 figure. They also had remnants of all the recent waves (TPM, ROTJ, ROTS) except ESB. The only bad thing was the price. The regular price was $10.99 but the figures were on sale at a 20% discount. Just thought I'd pass this info along if anyone is still looking for any figures from these waves.

DarkKnight4516
12-20-2009, 01:37 PM
stoped by Khols near my house and was shocked to discover about 6 cases stocked of rots and left overs of the anh all together there were probably 200 figures on the shelf mostly legends though surprising for khols, put that together with a toysrus 2 for 9.99 price match they gave me and you hae one hell of a deal from their normal 10.99 pm me for location.

JediTricks
12-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Where are all these Kohls stores? I have only been to 1 over by LAX, it was super lame.

wampaslayr
12-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Where are all these Kohls stores? I have only been to 1 over by LAX, it was super lame.

I was at the one in Simi Valley last night and the two in Santa Clarita and all of them have remnants of past waves.

JediTricks
12-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Ooh, far! Thanks for the info, I definitely won't be able to head out there though.

figrin bran
12-20-2009, 10:34 PM

JT, there's one in Alhambra, near the Costco, TRU and Target.

Jango Speck
12-21-2009, 03:26 AM
There's a Kohl's on Rosemead Blvd. in Pasadena near Northwood's Inn.

JediTricks
12-21-2009, 03:55 PM
JT, there's one in Alhambra, near the Costco, TRU and Target.There's a Kohl's, TRU, and Target nearby? [google maps...] SON OF A GUN! I had no idea that stuff was out there.

There's a Kohl's on Rosemead Blvd. in Pasadena near Northwood's Inn.*sigh* I love that Clearman's Northwoods Inn in San Gabriel, I totally forgot they knocked down the rest of Clearman Village to build that f'ing Kohls. I guess I haven't been in a while, last time I was there they had just finished the building where the village used to be. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Tycho
12-21-2009, 04:00 PM
I got a single MOMC Zuckuss that I found at Wal-Mart. Whoever bought the rest of the wave from that store must have missed him.

I don't need him but I'd offer him for trade for the Wilrow Hood or Bespin Guard that comes in the same wave.

I might also be interested in making separate arrangements to trade for Zuckuss' HK-50 droid part, though. That can be handled through the same shipment.

IMPORTANT EDIT TO THE ABOVE

The Zuckuss I got is a fraud! I'm no longer trading it, but returning it.

Someone re-carded the 1998 Zuckuss and even swapped the HK-50 part for a YVH-1 part and then returned it.

I didn't look closely because I picked up this figure only to trade for one of the other 2 in this wave which I want multiples of.

I got fooled.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well you can't [whatever]" - George W. Bush

Anyway, be careful as that scam might be going around this holiday season.

Ji'dai
12-21-2009, 10:19 PM
IMPORTANT EDIT TO THE ABOVE

The Zuckuss I got is a fraud! I'm no longer trading it, but returning it.

Someone re-carded the 1998 Zuckuss and even swapped the HK-50 part for a YVH-1 part and then returned it.

I didn't look closely because I picked up this figure only to trade for one of the other 2 in this wave which I want multiples of.

I got fooled. That's interesting. I don't see this kind of thing in my area. But it does illustrate that some of those older figure sculpts are actually pretty good. Obviously good enough to fool a seasoned collector. I haven't seen the new Zuckuss at all, but I know the '98 version is a pretty decent figure. When 4-LOM was redone, I passed since the older version, although not as articulated, still holds up well too.

Jango Speck
12-22-2009, 01:07 AM
There's a Kohl's, TRU, and Target nearby? [google maps...] SON OF A GUN! I had no idea that stuff was out there.

*sigh* I love that Clearman's Northwoods Inn in San Gabriel, I totally forgot they knocked down the rest of Clearman Village to build that f'ing Kohls. I guess I haven't been in a while, last time I was there they had just finished the building where the village used to be. Thanks for the reminder. :)

They reopened the Boat restaurant too (The Galley), but it's down 1/2 block instead of on the corner.

Tycho
12-22-2009, 06:15 AM
The FRAUD continues:

Tonight at Wal-Mart, on the Willrow Hood card, was a Luke X-wing body with some other black dude's head attached. He was bald and looked like one of those cheap "Military Heroes" figures, that's a surrogate for GI Joe toys. The droid part for HK-50 was also replaced with a YVH-1 part.

Then I saw the Bespin Guard's card. On it was the POTJ Bespin Guard with the shirt open, and a new head - some character with a mustache actually. His hat was replaced with one of the Youngling's helmets from the Yoda / Jedi Temple Younglings 2-packs sold back in 2003.

Finally, I saw the Concept Snowtrooper's cardback, and his figure was replaced with a white ARC-170 pilot from 2005. All the HK-50 parts were replaced with YVH-1 parts.

These cards were so well-resealed that the manager on duty didn't believe me when I turned them in (right after I got my refund for the fraudulent Zuckuss figure and explained it to another manager).

These were assistant managers. The entire store manager is a friend of mine who's known me as a collector for years. I went over the assistant's head and asked for him to come over to the toy isle for "nerd identification," whereby he helped me validate my credentials as a bonified nerd with well over 25 years of geeky experience. Once that was established as a matter of fact, my report on the fraud was not questioned.

The assistant asked if Zuckuss wasn't a production error and I replied that the Zuckuss on the card I returned hasn't been in production since 1998 and it could not be a manufacturer's error! Grrrrrrr.

Why do people doubt me as a nerd? Is it because I don't look like one? There's no place to put a pocket protector in my Chargers' jersey and my vision is still very finely attuned so I can't break glasses I don't wear (or own for that matter) and tape them back together with a clashing color of masking or electrical tape. I was also too busy playing sports to ever learn how to play Dungeons and Dragons. I can't believe I just admitted that here!

In any case, almost any given night (uh...except for the night I bought it) I can tell a 2009 Zuckuss from a 1998 one!

plasticfetish
12-22-2009, 06:43 AM
The FRAUD continuesUm... I'm unfamiliar with the strange ways of you southerners, but who in their right minds would go to all that trouble for a few Star Wars figures? Wouldn't the time involved in playing out this stupid scam be worth ten times what the figures are worth?

Maradona
12-22-2009, 11:36 AM
[SIZE="6"]
These cards were so well-resealed that the manager on duty didn't believe me when I turned them in (right after I got my refund for the fraudulent Zuckuss figure and explained it to another manager).

For years, I've wanted to catch someone doing this and report him. No luck so far, but I did see someone get caught trying to pull a callous switcheroo this past October. I was in line and a guy several people ahead of me was returning a humidifier. The box was sealed, but the female attendant still opened it. To her surprise, and most assuredly to the guy's dismay, when opened, the box was full of old video cassettes. He immediately got flustered. The girl called a manager. Strange explanations ensued. Ultimately, they just let him walk away without a refund. Why they didn't call security or loss prevention, I'll never know.

Maradona
12-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Where are all these Kohls stores?

I've noticed some sites that were previously Mervyn's have become Kohl's. Stonewood mall is one.

JediTricks
12-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Target Culver City had a CW Gree.

They reopened the Boat restaurant too (The Galley), but it's down 1/2 block instead of on the corner.Huh, that's not a bad idea. It's a boat, it should be able to move. :p I'm glad some of it survived besides Northwoods Inn.

The FRAUD continues:

Tonight at Wal-Mart, on the Willrow Hood card, was a Luke X-wing body with some other black dude's head attached. He was bald and looked like one of those cheap "Military Heroes" figures, that's a surrogate for GI Joe toys. The droid part for HK-50 was also replaced with a YVH-1 part.

Then I saw the Bespin Guard's card. On it was the POTJ Bespin Guard with the shirt open, and a new head - some character with a mustache actually. His hat was replaced with one of the Youngling's helmets from the Yoda / Jedi Temple Younglings 2-packs sold back in 2003.

Finally, I saw the Concept Snowtrooper's cardback, and his figure was replaced with a white ARC-170 pilot from 2005. All the HK-50 parts were replaced with YVH-1 parts.

These were assistant managers. The entire store manager is a friend of mine who's known me as a collector for years. I went over the assistant's head and asked for him to come over to the toy isle for "nerd identification," whereby he helped me validate my credentials as a bonified nerd with well over 25 years of geeky experience. Once that was established as a matter of fact, my report on the fraud was not questioned.

The assistant asked if Zuckuss wasn't a production error and I replied that the Zuckuss on the card I returned hasn't been in production since 1998 and it could not be a manufacturer's error! Grrrrrrr.

Why do people doubt me as a nerd? Is it because I don't look like one? There's no place to put a pocket protector in my Chargers' jersey and my vision is still very finely attuned so I can't break glasses I don't wear (or own for that matter) and tape them back together with a clashing color of masking or electrical tape. I was also too busy playing sports to ever learn how to play Dungeons and Dragons. I can't believe I just admitted that here!

In any case, almost any given night (uh...except for the night I bought it) I can tell a 2009 Zuckuss from a 1998 one!I got your voicemail about that. What kills me most is how lazy the employees are that they'll likely put them back on cards yet again. I wish scum like this did jailtime for pulling this stunt. Can you imagine how miserable someone will be receiving these as gifts, having their hopes fly and then dashed a second later?

Um... I'm unfamiliar with the strange ways of you southerners, but who in their right minds would go to all that trouble for a few Star Wars figures? Wouldn't the time involved in playing out this stupid scam be worth ten times what the figures are worth?Some people feel their time is worthless and will only work if they think they're getting something over on someone.

I've noticed some sites that were previously Mervyn's have become Kohl's. Stonewood mall is one.Thanks. Now if I only knew where THAT was. ;)

bikerscout
12-23-2009, 04:18 AM
did a little run here in mid-MI (and this wont help for LA collectors, but i wanted to post anyway)

Target- 1st mission was to pick-up District 9 on BR, accomplished. SW- had a Concept Ki-Adi, but nothing else good

TRU - received a shipment & was freshly stocked this AM, but i arrived late afternoon - (opened @ 6am. yikes!!!) mostly current CW was stocked, but also a case of ANH at least. Finally saw transdoshan guy and leesub. Saw a Joe from the new toy line never saw before -Charbroil. Pretty cool sculpt & armor.

Kohl's - went in not expecting much, but they had a very small amount of ANH, a lot of the AOTC wave, some wave 6 and some wave 8. They had at least 5 Concept Anakins!!! But they were only at 20% off of 10.99. 8.49 or 8.79 after sale

Walmart - a mixture of ANH, ROTJ, legends and some ROTS. Now most of the figures were marked back up from $6 to $7.46, but......... I noticed that some weren't i.e. Plo Koon and Cmdr Cody!! Picked them up, of course. They scanned higher, but the cashier marked them down for me. Coasted through. Crappy thing was, all the exclusives including Evol, Dewback, AT-ST and even droid factory sets were still full price. No MP Skywarps at this store either. Still lookin for a clearanced one, before i open mine.

D9 and 2 figs I wanted at $6?? I'm happy. Xmas presents to myself. :D

now if Mich. State (alma mater) beat Texas men's BB team last nite --i would've been ecstatic. Hard to beat a team 4 times in a row though. Esp. if they came off of kickin UNC's *** on the wknd.

figrin bran
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Is anyone finding the latest JLU box sets, "Thanagar Attacks" and "Eclipsed" at any of the local Targets?

Maradona
12-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Is anyone finding the latest JLU box sets, "Thanagar Attacks" and "Eclipsed" at any of the local Targets?

Found Thanagar yesterday at Southgate Target.

Maradona
12-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks. Now if I only knew where THAT was. ;)

STONEWOOD Mall is at the corner of FireSTONE and LakeWOOD. Apparently, there wasn't much time taken in the naming of this shopping center.

Tycho
12-23-2009, 04:35 PM
What did they name the shopping center at the corners of Fir Street and Ball Street anyway? :D

CrunchyNug
12-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Tycho, just got your package today. Thanks for helping me finish my 2009 BAD craving. I finally put my Darktrooper together!!!

Happy Holidays SSG peeps...

Maradona
12-24-2009, 12:46 AM

East LA Target had multiples of both. I passed on Eclipsed since $30 plus tax seemed too much for one new figure. There's bound to be a sale somewhere down the road.

figrin bran
12-24-2009, 01:10 AM
East LA Target had multiples of both. I passed on Eclipsed since $30 plus tax seemed too much for one new figure. There's bound to be a sale somewhere down the road.

The 6 packs are NCF (non carry forward) at Target now which means that they'll be clearanced out for the next reset in a few weeks. That's why I'm a bit concerned about finding them as the local Targets are jam packed with the older Supergirl and Devil Ray sets.

CrunchyNug
12-24-2009, 01:51 AM

Are you serious? I'm dying to grab that Thanagar pack. $30 bucks is steep, but I'd pay it for that one. I'll have to start making the rounds again. All I keep running into are the old ones...and lots and lots of 'em too.

JediTricks
12-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Glendale Target had a Gungan Warrior figure last night, I bought it.

West Hollywood Target had a Gungan, Luke & Han Stormtrooper repacks, and the new podracer guy, I bought him but maybe as trade bait, not sure. They also had Transformers dlx Dirge, I bought him too.
STONEWOOD Mall is at the corner of FireSTONE and LakeWOOD. Apparently, there wasn't much time taken in the naming of this shopping center.Clever ever. Ugh, it's in Downey! I'm not a fan.

Tycho
12-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Tycho, just got your package today. Thanks for helping me finish my 2009 BAD craving. I finally put my Darktrooper together!!!

Happy Holidays SSG peeps...

Very cool, Jeff. Maybe take a picture of it fighting Kyle Katarn. Do you have the new Kyle from the Comic 2-pack? PM again if you need him. I want to unload about 7 of him because I army-built the Yuuzhan Vong to fight Luke and the forthcoming Jacen Solo figure.

I also look forward to putting my L8-L9s back together again.

Now that you have the L8-L9 parts, can you please tell me what the heck is the difference anyway?

Chaddymac
12-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Very cool, Jeff. Maybe take a picture of it fighting Kyle Katarn. Do you have the new Kyle from the Comic 2-pack? PM again if you need him. I want to unload about 7 of him because I army-built the Yuuzhan Vong to fight Luke and the forthcoming Jacen Solo figure.

I also look forward to putting my L8-L9s back together again.

Now that you have the L8-L9 parts, can you please tell me what the heck is the difference anyway?
Tycho - I'd be willing to take one of those Kyle's off your hands.

Also, found a bunch of the Malakili wave at Panorama Wal-Mart last night. I didn't pick through them because I've got everyone in that wave, but the cantina guy was there, the pod racer guy, and some other folks. LOTS of figures there. But the place is a nightmare.

CrunchyNug
12-24-2009, 07:24 PM
No luck finding the new JLU 6-packs today. I totally got blind-sided by that Thanagar pack too. It hits a few Targets just before Christmas and then goes on clearance only to disappear forever!?! Isn't that what happened to the Grodd pack too? I saw so many of the Supergirl and Devil Ray sets for $15 today. :mad:

I can't believe I actually braved the Christmas Eve crowds, but I did see a lot more stuff on clearance than I thought I would. Gotta go back soon and scoop up some more goodies. If anyone finds any more new JLU 6-packs (tall order I know) please stash for good old Nug!

Merry Christmas everyone...

figrin bran
12-24-2009, 10:49 PM
No luck finding the new JLU 6-packs today. I totally got blind-sided by that Thanagar pack too. It hits a few Targets just before Christmas and then goes on clearance only to disappear forever!?! Isn't that what happened to the Grodd pack too? I saw so many of the Supergirl and Devil Ray sets for $15 today. :mad:

I can't believe I actually braved the Christmas Eve crowds, but I did see a lot more stuff on clearance than I thought I would. Gotta go back soon and scoop up some more goodies. If anyone finds any more new JLU 6-packs (tall order I know) please stash for good old Nug!

Merry Christmas everyone...

Merry Christmas, Crunchynug.

I'll go a step further and pick up an extra Thanagar set for you if, and that's a big if, I find them.

CrunchyNug
12-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Had a big old Target gift card to use yesterday, and use it I DID.

Rancor on clearance $24.98 (-$5 Clone cash) $19.98
Geonosis Assault BP #1 $21.99 (-$5 Clone cash) $16.99
Geonosis Assault BP #2 $21.99 (-$5 Clone cash) $16.99
Some GI Joes
Some JLU
Some Cars
Some Playmobil
Some Yo Gabba Gabba

Best trip I made in a long time. Happy Holidays everyone. Hope you guys finds some goodies this season.

Maradona
12-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Geonosis Assault BP #1 $21.99 (-$5 Clone cash) $16.99
Geonosis Assault BP #2 $21.99 (-$5 Clone cash) $16.99

I have never seen this BP at retail. Ever.

JediTricks
12-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Nice gets.

The Geonosis Assault BP in red packaging has been showing up more and more at Targets around here. I'll try to remember to stash you one next time I see it, but I think you'll probably start finding them at WM and TRU soon as well.

Maradona
12-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Speak of the devil, as the saying goes... Today, I found two (2) of those previously elusive BPs. Target was good to me, got an appropriately priced Rancor, both new JLU sets at half off, a GI Joe BP for 9.99, and a few of the 7.49 Legacy 2 figure packs. Now the wait begins for the PIT and TIE-Fighters to go on clearance.

Jango Speck
12-28-2009, 01:46 AM
If anyone has an extra Rancor on clearance- let me know. I just looked at those three days ago at full price and walked away. Saw the AT-ST at WalMart today- nice but way too expensive.

bikerscout
12-28-2009, 03:58 AM
maradona -- maybe u already knew this, but the Crimson Empire 6 pk. and Ecliptic Tie fighter are being clearanced out for 9.99 at Rite Aid. I read on another board that some stores in Pomona or city of industry had some left

Maradona
12-28-2009, 11:25 AM
maradona -- maybe u already knew this, but the Crimson Empire 6 pk. and Ecliptic Tie fighter are being clearanced out for 9.99 at Rite Aid. I read on another board that some stores in Pomona or city of industry had some left

Thanks. Every Rite Aid I've visited has been barren. I'll stay on the search and stash accordingly.

Chaddymac
12-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Found a grey Ugnaught - that was a big surprise! Of the variants planned this year, that's the only one that's been currently released, right? With the Bespin Guard presumably forthcoming?

Also, found a Geonosis BP, but Target was charging $27 for it. What the hell?!!!? I passed on it. I already got two, so I didn't feel like I needed anymore, at least not at that price. And got the last Rancor on clearance (which was finally the right price). What do I do with my POTF version now? Baby Rancor?

These were all at WEHO Target yesterday.

JediTricks
12-28-2009, 06:10 PM
maradona -- maybe u already knew this, but the Crimson Empire 6 pk. and Ecliptic Tie fighter are being clearanced out for 9.99 at Rite Aid. I read on another board that some stores in Pomona or city of industry had some leftDude, you totally scuttled my dad's xmas gifts to me! He got me both, and I was surprised. Now I know why. (I don't feel badly though, he's got a lot of folks to gift and is even broker than I usually.)

Found a grey Ugnaught - that was a big surprise! Of the variants planned this year, that's the only one that's been currently released, right? With the Bespin Guard presumably forthcoming?

Also, found a Geonosis BP, but Target was charging $27 for it. What the hell?!!!? I passed on it. I already got two, so I didn't feel like I needed anymore, at least not at that price. And got the last Rancor on clearance (which was finally the right price). What do I do with my POTF version now? Baby Rancor?

These were all at WEHO Target yesterday.Yeah, Target has been some real horse**** lately with that noise! Everything keeps going up at WeHo and Glendale, like they're in a race to rip off the most customers the fastest. Basic figures are $8.64 at WeHo Target now, I found that out the hard way when I got a gray Ugnaught for another forumite last week. That BP price you mention is the highest I've heard, higher even than most of our online choices.

Chaddymac
12-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I can explain the increase in figure prices - the two packs they are now selling use the same barcode (they just block out the barcode for the second figure). They are using the single pack figures as a premium. That said, some great figures in the two packs, many I'm seeing in the wild for the first time. Not buying, any, thoug, as I got all mine online.

JediTricks
12-28-2009, 07:20 PM
That's weird, the double-packs at WM had both barcodes removed and a new one placed that had its own entry in the system. Of course, WM didn't raise the price of those double-packs over their normal single prices (not counting the $6 sale). I want to like Target, but they have delivered less consistently and have raised their prices over and over the last 2 years.

Maradona
12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
The Target price increases remind me of a credit card company raising interest rates when they think a customer is close to defaulting. From what I understand, credit card companies begin the process of raising the balance owed them when they feel a customer is in danger of defaulting. The higher the balance that the credit card company can force at the time of default, the larger the amount they can write off of their taxes as a loss, hence the late and over the limit fees. Could Target think the action figure market is close to drying up and they want to squeeze all they can out of it beforehand? I doubt it, but $9+ for Marvel figures and $8+ for SW makes me wonder how they hope to compete.

wampaslayr
12-28-2009, 10:43 PM
If anyone is looking for the WM Droid Factory sets, Stevenson Ranch had 3 complete sets of all 5 packs at $5.00 for each individual pack.

The Target in my area had the Rancor but only at $34.98 and I still think that is too much for it. There isn't much else in terms of clearance items in my area.

I saw the TIE Fighter at Rite Aid, but the boxes were smashed and the $9.99 price was only good until 12/24 according to the sale sticker unless the sale was extended, but if not, the regular price is $19.99.

There probably won't be much in terms of new product on the shelves until after the new year.

Tycho
12-29-2009, 12:45 AM
On Rebelscum, someone posted detailed pics of the Dark Trooper from the next EU wave. This doesn't mean they got their sample from a US retailer, or even that they actually have a sample.

But I am curious.

They did have a picture of the whole EU wave lined up with the assembled B-A-D.

bikerscout
12-29-2009, 05:09 AM
i was gonna PM maradona about the tie fighters --now i had to hear it from JT!! :p

so target and walmart have 2 card value packs? What TLC does Target's consist of??

Chaddymac
12-29-2009, 11:40 AM
i was gonna PM maradona about the tie fighters --now i had to hear it from JT!! :p

so target and walmart have 2 card value packs? What TLC does Target's consist of??
Lots of the same Legend figures we've seen a lot of. For BAD, they've got (this is from memory) Han with ST armor taped to Chewie pilot; Amidala from ep1 spacetrooper; gungan warrior with ep 1 Obi-Wan, sandtrooper with someone, that podracer guy with someone, an alien looking dude with a space helmet and red jammies with someone, jawa and WED droid with someone... I can't remember them all, but there were a lot of figures. Seems the pairings are consistent, though. Not just some random way to put them together. Bogo is a great deal, if I was looking to army build figures I'd already army built.

wampaslayr
12-29-2009, 01:39 PM

I have also seen some of the ROTJ waves taped together. My Target in Valencia had Panno and a Nikto guard and Malakili and Giran.

Jango Speck
12-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Anyone going to IKEA today for a $19.99 white Detolf?

Tycho
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I bought 2 detolfs today. I already owned one I'd gotten for free.

It was a good deal.

They did not regulate how many a person could buy though a sign said 1 per household.

Instead, my friend a SideShow / Hot Toys collector bought 5 - we used my SUV to transport them, and his friend, a Transformers collector, bought 20 (Twenty!) - I'm not kidding either! What a pile!

JediTricks
12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I really want to, but am sick and cannot get 90lbs of 5' long boxes into my little car.

Anybody seen the Holographic Sidious figure lately? I could really use a stash or grab on that, it's the last of my list of non-current needed figures after all the help I've gotten lately.

Turbowars
12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
I really want to, but am sick and cannot get 90lbs of 5' long boxes into my little car.

Anybody seen the Holographic Sidious figure lately? I could really use a stash or grab on that, it's the last of my list of non-current needed figures after all the help I've gotten lately.saw a few at the Simi Kohls.

I picked up 3 Detolfs today. I have no room for them, but couldn't pass it up. I will make room soon.

darkagent
12-30-2009, 12:45 AM
saw a few at the Simi Kohls.

I picked up 3 Detolfs today. I have no room for them, but couldn't pass it up. I will make room soon.

Same here. I went and picked up 2, but will have to make room for them. I think I saw the Holo Sidious at the Target on Lake in Pasadena. It also might have been in a 2 pack.

Jango Speck
12-30-2009, 12:57 AM
How does the white version look? I couldn't get to IKEA today, but if anyone has an extra Detolf, I might be interested in taking it off your hands.

K M Toydarian
12-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Didn't go to Ikea today on account it wasn't worth the trip and hassle of Burbank if I could only get 1 Detolf for 20 bucks. Had I known they wouldn't limit, I would have got a couple and made the lunch hour trip over there. Oh well.
Did get a Legacy 2 pack today from WeHo Target with jedi luke and concept Ki Adi. Would love to find a couple softgoods jawas in 2 packs.

darkagent
12-30-2009, 03:13 AM
Would love to find a couple softgoods jawas in 2 packs.

They're out there. I picked one up with the pink Cantina chick.

Maradona
12-30-2009, 03:22 AM
I have a black-brown detolf, so I didn't want to get white ones that would clash with what I already had.

wampaslayr
12-30-2009, 03:37 AM
Went to IKEA to get a detolf but were all sold out. I saw a guy in line and he was buying the sample. The clerks said they were all gone before 6:00 pm. I got there around 6:10 pm. :(

If anyone is looking for the Turbo Tank, WM is selling them for 50% off, which would make them $49.98. Not interested in it but for a minute I was tempted.

BlueSnags
01-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Picked up Wedge's X-Wing at Raymer Target today for $30 ($35 plus the $5 off coupon). Also grabbed a second Katarn/Vong comic pack.

Saw the Rancor at two different Targets for $25. Passed, even though it would've been $20 with the coupon. Not crazy about the Rancor (too ugly) and it takes up too much room. Picked up a LEGO Freeco Speeder instead, along with the two new 4-packs (Snowtroopers and Rebel Soldiers).

Hit Walmart and grabbed a clearanced exclusive Imperial Pilots Evo set for $13
No sign of the ESB wave anywhere in LA. Wish HTS would get their s--- together and make this wave available.

-Snags

darkagent
01-02-2010, 03:51 PM
No sign of the ESB wave anywhere in LA

I was able to pick up the whole wave at Duarte Walmart a couple days ago. The new wave has 7 new figures, so I ended up with an extra BAD leg.

BlueSnags
01-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I was able to pick up the whole wave at Duarte Walmart a couple days ago. The new wave has 7 new figures, so I ended up with an extra BAD leg.

How many cases did they get in?

-Snags

Chaddymac
01-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Which wal mart did you go to, Snags? And did they have a Turbo Tank on sale?

darkagent
01-02-2010, 04:50 PM
How many cases did they get in?

-Snags

Just one. I heard from a friend that they put out another case this morning, which he picked up most of the figures.

BlueSnags
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Which wal mart did you go to, Snags? And did they have a Turbo Tank on sale?

I hit a few this weekend. The 24 hour store in Valencia had the discounted Evo sets (just Rebel sets remaining). Panorama had a Turbo Tank this morning but I'm not sure if it was discounted. It probably was.

-Snags

Turbowars
01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Anyone see the AT-ST swap out at the PR WM? Some A hole returned a POTF2 AT-ST with a POTF2 Driver in the new versions box. They did a pretty good job too. Sad. I'd love to see the person who did it.

Chaddymac
01-03-2010, 09:01 PM
I hit a few this weekend. The 24 hour store in Valencia had the discounted Evo sets (just Rebel sets remaining). Panorama had a Turbo Tank this morning but I'm not sure if it was discounted. It probably was.

-Snags
Went to Van Nuys and got one for half off. That's a damn nice vehicle, especially for $50. This economy is really going to screw our chances of seeing more gems like this.

For Transformer fans, still no new Voyagers there, but they had the NEST deluxes. I'm just looking for Bludgeon, so I passed on those.

K M Toydarian
01-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Just picked up the only Octo droid I saw at WalMart in Valencia tonight for 17.50. They had Dewbacks for 30 still. Also got a Rex helmet for 15, so I could use Clone Cash.
One of the other WalMarts up there still had dewbacks and ATST's for full price.

figrin bran
01-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Went to Van Nuys and got one for half off. That's a damn nice vehicle, especially for $50. This economy is really going to screw our chances of seeing more gems like this.

For Transformer fans, still no new Voyagers there, but they had the NEST deluxes. I'm just looking for Bludgeon, so I passed on those.

Crenshaw WM had 3 Bludgeons yesterday.

bikerscout
01-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Anyone see the AT-ST swap out at the PR WM? Some A hole returned a POTF2 AT-ST with a POTF2 Driver in the new versions box. They did a pretty good job too. Sad. I'd love to see the person who did it.

we could never do this(unless an employee) --but I wish we could be behind the returns counter when these DBs come in with the swaps. Reject them, and see the look on their faces. lol

Tycho
01-04-2010, 04:56 AM
I took figures that were put back on the new cards like the POTJ Bespin Guard on the new ESB wave card and informed the manager at my Wal-Mart again.This time I informed a more concerned manager.

Maradona
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Reject them and see the look on their faces. lol

It should be more like call loss prevention and have them arrested for attempted theft. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine works retail (granted at a mall, not at WM or Target) and she told me that often people can walk into a store, grab an item, take to the counter, and "return" it without a receipt for credit. Employees are instructed not to hassle people, even if they are sure a theft is in progress. The best the employees can do is call mall security, who cannot detain the culprits unless they physically see them steal (which is beyond unlikely). Apparently, management, under orders from corporate leadership, fears the potential for a lawsuit or a discrimination complaint more than the loss of product and profit to the point where they allow and even expect theft.

Tycho
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
That's funny. That happened to me. I was returning my large 1,094 inch flat screen TV and I just couldn't find my receipt, so I picked it up again where I'd put it down in the store (it was very heavy to carry on my shoulder) and I returned it for $9000 worth of store credit. :D

No one seemed to care. :rolleyes:

Chaddymac
01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
That's funny. That happened to me. I was returning my large 1,094 inch flat screen TV and I just couldn't find my receipt, so I picked it up again where I'd put it down in the store (it was very heavy to carry on my shoulder) and I returned it for $9000 worth of store credit. :D

No one seemed to care. :rolleyes:
Ha ha! Took me a second to decode the humor in that, Tycho - but it was worth the effort.

wampaslayr
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Stevenson Ranch WalMart put out about 3 cases of the ESB wave today. Picked up R2-X2 and Concept Snowtrooper to complete this wave. There were two other collectors also rummaging through the figures and they also grabbed most of the wave. There were still some leftovers when we left. The figures are not with the other figures but on an island display between the DVD and toy sections.

Maradona
01-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Found the Plasticman/Cyborg and Captain Cold/Boomerang JLU 3-packs at Compton Target.

bikerscout
01-06-2010, 01:09 AM
any good WM clearances lately? SW, TF??

wampaslayr
01-06-2010, 03:23 AM
Picked up an AT-ST at Stevenson Ranch WM for $15.00. It was the last one and what's wierd is that the other two WM's in the area are still selling them for full price. Good haul today. :thumbsup:

bikerscout
01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Also, how have hunts been for the TLC 2 figure 'Value Packs.' @ Wally & Target?? thx.

if anyone sees any multiple AT-STs clearanced -please stash! I'll get it right away!

Tycho
01-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I went on a Wal-Mart toy hunt last night (to two stores) and found nothing.

Transformers: I'd really like the very little Legends Class Jetfire ($5).

Star Wars: I'm just really looking for Wilrow Hood figures (multiples) so that I can create Cloud City's Ice Cream Store. They're supposed to have a coffee freezing chamber, right? Darth Vader forces Han Solo into the Cappacino and Luke Skywalker arrives to rescue him from the Dark Side of the Frappe. But Starbucks arrives too late to help him and Luke gets his Latte creamed!

Wilrow Hood is required in great numbers to recreate this scene!

I could also use 1 more black Bespin Guard.

CrunchyNug
01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I was able to finish off my ESB needs last night at PC WM. I grabbed both Snowtroopers, regular & concept. That place is in the worst shape I've ever seen it in. It's usually pretty sad, but after the holidays, it's even worse.

bikerscout
01-07-2010, 05:44 AM
ya, and all their SW and TF exclusives were still full price! :mad: I scanned a few things i wanted & found out. All they had when i went there last nite were a few Agen Kolars. Nothing else good. Oh -and some NEST TF deluxes too.

MicroJow
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I was able to finish off my ESB needs last night at PC WM. I grabbed both Snowtroopers, regular & concept. That place is in the worst shape I've ever seen it in. It's usually pretty sad, but after the holidays, it's even worse.

It was actually in very nice shape for almost a year while Angel was the department manager. Not only did he take care of the customers, he actually kept an eye on what was selling, ordered accordingly, and had pride in keeping the department neat.

Now that he's gone, it's back to being a place I'd much rather avoid.

- J

Tycho
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
How many Wilrow Hoods would you say have seen?

Bespin Guards?

K M Toydarian
01-08-2010, 05:24 AM
Picked up a Dewback for 15, and Willrow Hood at Valencia WalMart tonight(Thurs around 11pm) (while Santa Clarita still had Dewbacks for 30.) There was an aisle display of trays of figures, but mostly Legends and Clone Wars. Only a couple odd Legacy. 1 Willow, a few Agen, and Plo, and Clones. On Sunday, the dewbacks were still scanning at 30. There were quite a few left tonight.

wampaslayr
01-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Went back to Stevenson Ranch WM and picked up a dewback for $15.00. Also picked up another AT-ST there for $15.00. No more ESB figures from earlier this week. I'm not sure why this particular WM is discounting their items so much and the other ones are not. I'm not complaining.

One other thing I noticed was that the comic packs have been increased to $14.88 and that has happened at the other WMs as well. They discount their newer items and exclusives but the items that have been on the pegs for over a year and a half have never been discounted and instead have gone up in price. The logic escapes me.

Jango Speck
01-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Did anyone go to the show last night at Bordello? I missed it, but it's gonna run again in March.

http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/view/29101265

K M Toydarian
01-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Went back to Stevenson Ranch WM and picked up a dewback for $15.00. Also picked up another AT-ST there for $15.00. No more ESB figures from earlier this week. I'm not sure why this particular WM is discounting their items so much and the other ones are not. I'm not complaining.

Was at the same WalMart in Stevevson Ranch tonight where I picked up Dewback for 15 and a Rex helmet for 15. Tonight they were 30 for the dewback and 30 or more (can't remember) for the bucket. The shelf tags the other day reflected the lower price, but tonight the were back up. How weird. They realized they shouldn't clearance them yet I guess. Glad I was able to get one when I did.

bikerscout
01-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Did I go to a bordello last nite?? Not gonna answer that!!! :bandit:

glad i haven't done any crazy WM runs for clearance items, based on these last few posts. :(

Tycho
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM

glad i haven't done any crazy WM runs for clearance items, based on these last few posts. :(

Yes. You need to save your money to spend in the bordello! :D

More happy endings than I've ever heard of being found at Wal-Mart.

JediTricks
01-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Did anyone go to the show last night at Bordello? I missed it, but it's gonna run again in March.

http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/view/29101265Wow, that sounds so cool. I wish I had known about it before, I would have gone. I'll try to make a plan to go in March.

figrin bran
01-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Don't bother going to Crenshaw WM. They still have an endcap full of AT-ST's at full price. Dewbacks are full price as well. At least I think they are - I tried scanning them but every price scanner in the store, and I mean this literally, was not working. That's our LA Walmarts for you!

Jango Speck
01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
You had me at "Don't bother going to Crenshaw..."

I made the costly mistake of driving all the way down there to get a few figures once- it wasn't worth it, worse than Panorama City.

CrunchyNug
01-13-2010, 12:13 AM
I never thought I'd be posting this but I found a JLU Thanagar set today at DeSoto Target. I saw somebody scanning a few 6-packs only to disappear down one of the clearance isles. I decided to tail him and see what was left. I found him rummaging through a big stack of the 6-packs, and when he was done, he left them all and took off empty handed.

I thought, might as well take a look. After going through the pile myself, I found nothing of any interest. Then I decided to roll up my sleeves and start digging. Sounds funny, but I actually discovered the Thanagar set behind a bunch of Smurfs. I almost fell over backwards when I saw it.

It was 50% off too.

bikerscout
01-13-2010, 08:28 AM
good score Crunchy. :thumbsup:

TF guys - glendale target had 2 Voyager Recon Ironhides and Bludgeons if anyone's into those. Looked pretty cool, but i'm tryin not to spend a lot now.
Also, last few Targets I've been to, I keep seeing TLC figures with the "blockbuster 2-pack!" label but on just one card. Wth?

Tycho
01-13-2010, 05:28 PM
But why didn't you buy the SMURFS?! :crazed:

bikerscout
01-14-2010, 09:16 PM
maybe b/c it had something to do with the Bordello and smurfette?? :lipsrsealed:

Chaddymac
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
maybe b/c it had something to do with the Bordello and smurfette?? :lipsrsealed:
I am so sick of people talking about Avatar.

bikerscout
01-14-2010, 10:22 PM
LOL CM!!! lol:D

JediTricks
01-15-2010, 12:16 AM
W. Hollywood Target has the Geonosis Assault battle pack... at their new Battle Pack pricing of $27 and change. WTF?!? WeHo Target has surged their prices ahead of all the other Targets now, even Glendale.

Tycho
01-15-2010, 12:24 AM
The Surge is working. The terrorists collectors are retreating!

JediTricks
01-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Target's prices are more like ransoms these days.

Maradona
01-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Target's prices are more like ransoms these days.

At Alhambra Target tonight, I picked up the following:

Exclusive TIE - $19.99
Both Exclusives BP - $12.48 (got 2 Abregado and 1 Ryloth)
GI Joe Then and Now - $12.48
Exclusive TF Leo Prime - $12.48

As usual, not all Targets have the same clearance prices. 3 others that I hit tonight had all the above marked down only 30% instead of the 50%. I still want to pick up 2 more TIEs and I need a Wedge X-Wing which I presume is also being clearanced, but I didn't find one.

I also finally found the Vong, Krayt, and Lumiya comic packs at East LA Target. It was a rare Friday night run for me, but very worth it.

JediTricks
01-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Nice finds. Dang, I wish I had done a run now.

BlueSnags
01-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Grabbed a clearanced TIE today for $25 (after using a $5 coupon). This was at Pacoima Target. Two more left there if anyone is interested.

-Snags

K M Toydarian
01-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Noticed NOHO and Burbank Target have Wedge Xwings for full price still on the endcap. Also exclusive battle packs and Ties, which I didn't scan, but seem like they'd be full price too. Nothing else new though. Has Target been getting any ESB or ROTS waves? I haven't seen any.

BlueSnags
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Haven't seen any sign of the ESB wave at Target yet.

-Snags

Tycho
01-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Interesting Haul Tonight:

Transformers: Human Alliance Barricade w. Frenzy. - I haven't opened this yet, but I'm eager to. I'll post more details in the Transformers: Enegeron and Beyond Thread in Toys/Other.

Star Wars: Willrow Hood: 1 and 1/2 (sort of) See Lando (next)

Lando Heir to the Empire (Nkllon Mining Baron): The dirt-cheap "I don't have $8 customizer" struck again. This time at a different Wal-Mart I hadn't seen his work at before. He re-carded a custom Lando from HTTE on a Wilrow Hood card and put in place of the HK-50 part an L8-L9 body (which I'll add to my "for trade list.") However, Lando was made from a Wedge Antilles dress uniform figure and some other parts, meaning this took a Comic 2-pack purchase I'd think (though it could have been an older Luke Tatooine figure - Ill have to double-check). The point is that it should have taken at least 2 figures to create this Lando, and though I knew I was buying a FRAUD, this time I went for it and paid the full-price for one figure. It's a very good custom of a figure I did indeed want and one which Hasbro would very likely never make.

Clearance Avatar Figures - speaking of Heir To The Empire (and Terminator Salvation, too), all the leftover Avatar figures (the humans of course) were on sale at one of my Wal-Marts for $5 each. That's what they were worth to me in the first place - so I jumped on them (those that were there - neither lady figure - but the Sigourney Weaver figure is terrible. The other one isn't bad). I'm going to use them as Talon Karrde's men on Myrkyr (HTTE) and for Resistance Fighters under Barnes' and Connor's command Terminator: Salvation. I wouldn't mind getting the brunette chick that was a gunship pilot in Avatar though. Finally, I could use the alien figures from Pandora as Ferorrans from the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I think they look very similar to what I imagined was being described in some of the SW novels.

bikerscout
01-19-2010, 07:01 AM
T - since you willingly bought a 'switcheroo' - you've lost your right to complain about swap figures on card :pleased:

Picked up the last remnants of the ESB wave at Baldwin park WM on a run last night drivin back from my friend's in the IE. Got Willrow, Zuckuss, and R2-X2. I really wanted the first two, but the R2 i wanted more for the HK-50 part. (The figure is spoken for, i'm keeping the part). They had a few ROTS remnants -Agen, Plo, and Jeremoch. Dewback and AT-ST were NOT on clearance unfortunately.
A fellow collector is going to hook me up with HK-50's torso. After that, I will need one more arm and his head (& gun). Plmk if you are buying multiples of the ESB wave/ROTS wave and have spares of those 2 parts. Will trade for or buy them. Thx!

RUSHBOY
01-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Went to baldwin park WM today and they had the Lego lukes landspeeder set !!! for 24.97 and also saw a spongebob Lego set on clearance for 7 bucks ! Picked up both. :thumbsup:
Also went to target and they had DCUC figures for 7.99 but they only had the usual pegwarmers !!

CrunchyNug
01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
The only good about this weather is that it keeps the competition out of the stores. I can't believe how many clearance deals I've found this week alone. I even saw some stuff at Marshalls of all places. They've got a few SW Comic Packs and some GI Joe figures & vehicles. I grabbed a Resolute BP for $16.:bandit:

MicroJow
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Howdy, folks! I've been the proud owner of one of the Frito Lay / Pepsi promotional life-size Darth Mauls for about eight years and unfortunately, it's time to let him go. I figured I'd see if any locals would be interested in him before I bring him over to eBay.

First things first, the price. I didn't win him, I had to buy him, and I'm asking what I paid: $850. I'm hoping to find him a local home because shipping would be rather outrageous. I live in Los Angeles (Sherman Oaks zip code 91403 in case you want to Google Maps it) and would be willing to drive a bit to meet up with the buyer if necessary (no meetups in the middle of the desert, tho! wink wink)

Let's talk condition. He's in great shape! No broken limbs, no torn fabric, no scuff to the paint. In fact, other than perhaps being a little dusty in places (which a light vacuuming would help) he's in the same condition he was in when I got him. The base has a few scuffs but nothing glaring.

The ONLY broken pieces are two of the tabs on the bottom of the lightsaber which are supposed to be there to hold in the blade. But guess what? You don't need 'em. The blades fit into the holes so snugly that you could rip out all of the retaining tabs and none would ever be the wiser. But if you wish to fix / replace this, I still have one of the broken tabs and can search around for the other. But believe me, you really don't need to bother.

If you'd like photos, just shoot me a PM. I truly hope this makes it into a good home. He's a terrific piece and I'm extremely sorry to have to let him go. Lemme know if you're interested!

- J

Tycho
01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
It's a nice piece MicroJow.

My friend has this Maul, and he got either a custom or official Emperor costume which he put on a mannekin along with a Don Post or some kind of Palpatine mask, and then he has an extra-large figure with a full official Vader costume on it.

Sidious, Maul, and Vader are all in this huge glass cabinet in his A/V room which would obviously be big enough for 3 life-size people to fit into.

He has a lot of life-sized Star Wars characters. The Sith Lords (only missing Darth Tyranus) look awesome and probably the most impressive.

He's recently gotten The Emperor's Royal Guard but it cannot fit into the case, so it stands next to The Sith. His Stormtrooper is across the room I think.

Jango Speck
01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Pre-order is in. I'm so excited.

Maradona
01-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Picked up 5 of the 6 Target exclusive Geonosis 2-packs for $6.99. Only missing the Coleman Trebor/Jango pack, so if anyone sees one, please stash. Originally, I passed on these for various reasons, but the price drop changed my mind.

Ji'dai
01-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Pre-order is in. I'm so excited. I want one of these too. Where did you order yours from and how much did it set you back? Cheapest I've seen among reputable online stores is $170.

Jango Speck
01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I want one of these too. Where did you order yours from and how much did it set you back? Cheapest I've seen among reputable online stores is $170.

Sideshow, $189 plus tax/shipping.

CrunchyNug
01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I hit up a few TRU's today and found the new 2010 Clone Wars figs. I was able to grab 2 Bly, 2 Aayla, & 1 Jek figures. No sign of any ESB wave though. I was hoping to grab a few Concept Snowies. Oh well, a good day non-the-less.

sentry
01-22-2010, 10:27 PM
You SOB !!! I can always count on you to find everything before me !

wampaslayr
01-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Found the current wave of CW figures (Hondo, Aayla, Bly, and Jek) at the Valencia TRU tonight. They also had remnants of the ANH and ESB waves as well.

Maradona
01-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Just got back from a late night run. There has been a rash of swapping, apparently, on the Endor BP. At 4 different Targets (East LA, Southgate, Pico Rivera, Downey) I saw the exact same thing: the Ewok removed and replaced by a pit droid. Each of these also had Luke's poncho removed. It burns my blood to see this.:hurt:

On the positive side, this was a good haul:

Targets
2 TIEs for $19.99
Coleman/Jango pack for $6.99
Several Joes for $3.49
A few DCUC for $7.99 (including GENTLEMAN GHOST which I have searched months for - my Giganta is finally complete:love:)

Walmart (Pico Rivera
AT-AT Driver
Snowspeeder Luke
R2-X2

WM had about a dozen AT-ST marked in red for clearance at the original price, so I'll have to check back waiting for the price cut. Same for their Dewbacks. The Octoparras are half off there. Pico Target had the PIT marked down to $69.99. I got one from KOHLS for $49 over the holidays, but I'd get another from Target if I see it for 75% off.

BlueSnags
01-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Hit Burbank TRU at lunch and grabbed the ESB AT-AT Driver, Snowtrooper, Snowspeeder Luke and the Astromech, along with a CW Aayla. Looks like a Bender has been hitting that store as all the cards on the new figures (CW and Legacy) had a badly bent right corner. Might be one of the workers, as I saw one shady looking guy in a TRU vest fumbling around with the SW figures and when I arrived on the scene he turned tail and headed in a different direction. Chef Boyardee was put out to pasture a long time ago but I noticed today Wormser is still there lurking in the shadows. At any rate, that store is still shady.

-Snags

bikerscout
01-23-2010, 10:48 PM
that ****es me off as much as or more than swapping. You can avoid a swap -simply inspect it & don't buy. You can't avoid a bent card b/c of these DBs. I wish the cashier would bend the crap outta their MOCs when they are buying. They deserve it

Maradona
01-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Found all three wave 3 Secret Wars comic packs at Baldwin Park Target. They were plentiful, if anyone needs them.

K M Toydarian
01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Saw Clone Wars figs at Los Feliz TRU yesterday afternoon with the Nahdar Vebb figure mail in offer sticker. Just repacks of wave 1 and 2 stuff (Grevious, Dooku, Ani, Obi...) but with the new form. Still have to get a couple more Eopies first. Also had the new deluxe figs. Barc, ATRT, Anakin Skiff thingy. The Anakin, although made up and a rehash of the old Luke skiff, looked pretty cool.

bikerscout
01-27-2010, 07:52 PM
for those who don't know, and for those that don't want to buy a figure for it, the Nahdar Vebb mail-in form is available to print @ Hasbro's site. I tried to open it through a hotlink someone left and my computer froze, so be careful.

btw - Firefox 3.6 loads pages so fast!!! freakin awesome!! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
I think Maradona found them a few weeks ago but is anyone finding the JLU Metallo, Cyborg and Captain Cold/Captain Boomerang packs?

At least two local Targets (La Brea, Pasadena) don't have pegs for the packs and the DPCI comes up "item not recognized by the system" when I punch it into the scanners.

JediTricks
01-28-2010, 03:57 AM
Occasionally, the DPCI won't bring up info that is in their system, but if you have an employee use a hand scanner or a register, it will come up.

CrunchyNug
01-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Well FB, I think the real problem is that many Targets have simply discontinued carrying JLU altogether. With limited shelf space these days, it seams that the new Superman toys have edged out the old JLU toys. My local Target on Sepulveda does NOT carry JLU anymore either. They never got the 6-packs at all last Fall...never made any space for them. After the the reset this year, the pegs for the 3-packs never returned. If I punch in the DPCI, it comes up empty too!

You're just gonna have to find a store that carries the line and stick with it. I've skipped around the Valley a bit recently and have found several stores WITH JLU and several stores WITHOUT JLU. Sucks doesn't it? Some exclusive huh?

Maradona
01-28-2010, 12:54 PM
For some of us, the drive might be prohibitive, but Compton Target, where I found these, had several the day I went. Carson Target, next to IKEA, is not that far from there and I have found things there in the past (once there were 3 Gray Hulks just sitting there at 3PM and they were still there a few days later). I don't get out there too often and haven't been there since the day I found these, but most of the times I have were successful to some extent. As with all runs in our hobby, there is never a guarantee.

There are too many of us concentrated in the Pasadena-Glendale-Burbank-West Valley sphere of toy sections. We compete with ourselves, other non-forum collectors, and the usual array of scalpers. This often creates the demand to venture to other areas.

CrunchyNug
01-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Just got back from TRU & found one case of ESB wave so I grabbed another Concept Snowie and a Zuckuss. They had some new GI Joe Exclusives too...DOC & Shipwreck in their snow gear, plus the repainted Moccasin which is now called Sting Raider. Not a bad haul!

bikerscout
01-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Just got back from TRU & found one case of ESB wave so I grabbed another Concept Snowie and a Zuckuss. They had some new GI Joe Exclusives too...DOC & Shipwreck in their snow gear, plus the repainted Moccasin which is now called Sting Raider. Not a bad haul!

if u ever find a plethora of Johnston Snowtroopers, please stash one for me. Just need him and Snowspeeder Luke, and then i think I'm done w/ESB wave. At that point I'll think i'll need one more arm or leg for HK-50.

Maradona - in your last paragraph it sounded like you were channeling Spock. :p lol.

CrunchyNug
02-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Found the new Clone Wars Deluxe wave at WM today. There was Cody w/ Speeder, ARF Trooper w/ AT-RT, & Anakin w/ Skiff. I passed on 'em all. Not too interested in these just yet.

Maradona
02-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Found a Masterpiece Skywarp for $30 at WM. Still waiting to find clearance priced AT-STs.

JediTricks
02-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Diddly squat at Target or TRU Glendale. Damn is it dry around here.

Chaddymac
02-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Found a Masterpiece Skywarp for $30 at WM. Still waiting to find clearance priced AT-STs.
Define "clearance priced." I found some in the clearance aisle or $64.

bikerscout
02-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Define "clearance priced." I found some in the clearance aisle or $64.

those had to be incorrectly tagged. The normal price is $60. So accordingly, anything lower than 60 would be clearance.

hey guys, if anyone finds more MP Skywarps on clearance in their wally runs, please stash!! Also pls PM me asap!! In a time crunch, receipt's about to expire. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Chaddymac
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
those had to be incorrectly tagged. The normal price is $60. So accordingly, anything lower than 60 would be clearance.

hey guys, if anyone finds more MP Skywarps on clearance in their wally runs, please stash!! Also pls PM me asap!! In a time crunch, receipt's about to expire. Thanks!!!!!!!!
Maybe it was $46. I'm occassionally dislexic during recall.

The Skywarps at the Van Nuys Wal-Mart were in the clearance section, but I don't know what they were priced at - no price tag on any of them, but there were several.

bikerscout
02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
thx man! :thumbsup:

CrunchyNug
02-02-2010, 08:38 PM

I saw about 3 or 4 of these today way out in the West Hills WM. Couldn't stash, but they're not going anywhere fast. They were in that clearance/non-clearance isle over by all the Valentine's Day stuff. Good luck...

Also, I did stash some of the new Clone Wars figs today. Bly, Jek, & Hondo if anyone's interested.

Tycho
02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Crunchy, if you'll mail them to me? I'll pay you back for the shipping and figures of course.

I missed the ESB wave at my TRU by about 3 hrs today.

By the way, I don't want Jek. Just Bly and Hondo - and Aayla if she turns up.

RUSHBOY
02-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Target in baldwin park got the new clone wars figures today !!
Picked up Hondo, Aayla and left the rest . :)

figrin bran
02-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Walmart receipts are good for 90 days, correct?

I won't go out of my way to find clearanced Skywarps but I wouldn't mind saving some money as well.

wampaslayr
02-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Walmart receipts are good for 90 days, correct?

I won't go out of my way to find clearanced Skywarps but I wouldn't mind saving some money as well.

Yes, you have 90 days to return items to WalMart with a receipt and as long as the item is still in the package you will receive any price adjustments. I just did this in December with all my SW figures when WM was selling SW figures for $6.00 and got back a total of $40 cash with my receipts and unopened figures.

JediTricks
02-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Target WeHo had a single new CW figure, Jek, as well as some rehashed figures with Nadar Vebb stickers.

bikerscout
02-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Big up to Crunchy for the MP Warp find. I was able to grab one tonite a few hrs. after he texted me. Owe ya for that one!!!! I was going to go on a mad dash today for it, so that saved me time, $, and gas. Thx!!!

And a big thanks to those who offered help on finding a clearanced Skywarp. I would've stayed with my full price one, but i figured if the opportunity to save was there, doesn't hurt. Now I just have to take him back, and I pray there are no problems tomrw at returns. Figrin, u are getting my drift on this, and yes, it's 90 days.
:p I know i bugged the heck out of everyone here for Warp, but I greatly appreciate all the help, and now I can finally open him and display!! Let's hope the stand for robot mode is easier to manage, either skywarp's peg is too big, or the hole on the bracket is too small. Enough of my banter. G1 for life!!!!!!!!!! :D

Tycho
02-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Bikerscout, do you get the American releases of the Masterpiece Seeker jets?

Was Thundercracker ever a U.S. release? I know Starscream was as I picked him up for several of the board members here.

I have never been patient to wait for these and ordered mine from Japan. Plus I liked Starscream's "real jet" paint job (the gun metal look) better on the Japanese version because he looked like he was disguised as a real fighter jet and not an Air Force stunt show. (I love the G1 cartoons and the homage paid them, but I like imagining Transformers are real and run around with Megan Fox :yes:)

Chaddymac
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Was Thundercracker ever a U.S. release? I know Starscream was as I picked him up for several of the board members here.

Not yet, but there's always 2011.

CrunchyNug
02-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Didn't find the newest CW figs today, but I was able to grab Bly, Hondo, & Aayla for Tycho. I also stashed a few more Troopers, but those have already been claimed. Got another Scanning Crew guy for myself too.

Tycho
02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Thank you Crunchy. I've tried not to ask you L.A. guys for anything, but it's a busy-time for me and I can't drive around hunting at this key point in my work on my novel. I have a Feb. 12 deadline.

bikerscout
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Bikerscout, do you get the American releases of the Masterpiece Seeker jets?

I have never been patient to wait for these and ordered mine from Japan. Plus I liked Starscream's "real jet" paint job (the gun metal look) better on the Japanese version because he looked like he was disguised as a real fighter jet and not an Air Force stunt show. (I love the G1 cartoons and the homage paid them, but I like imagining Transformers are real and run around with Megan Fox :yes:)

I suppose you're talkin about the Takara american G1 colors SS. No, I did not get that one. I got the Walmart MP SS. I forget the differences, but one was that Takara's has the decepticon symbol on the nosecone and WMs doesn't and I'm not sure but, Takara's might have sported the blue nosecone, no paint. But since you're talking about the gunmetal color, maybe they left that on the nose of the Jap version as well.
To answer your question, yes, I get the american releases of all MPs. I can't afford the imports. Although i did get Megatron from BBTS on sale, the only way to get MP Megs. Thundercracker hasn't been released yet stateside. We're hoping Grimlock is the next US MP exclusive. If not, then maybe Thundercracker this year. I don't trust Hasbro. But I do want the ROTF Leader Class Starscream for this year. Looks incredible. Definitely getting.

bikerscout
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
quick run yesterday evening, (taking the MP Warp back with full receipt -no problems!) at Pan. City WM I found the new TF Legends class Devastator. Looked too awesome to pass up, had to grab it. Compact too. Never had a complete G1 Devy as a kid. As of last nite, there are 2 sets left. There was one ESB wave Snowtrooper, but I passed b/c i didn't want to spend too much. Devy was 32 plus tax. (tempted on the HK-50 part though). Also for TF, they had the BB and Soundwave N.E.S.T. double pack and the Legends class excl. 2 packs out, can't rem. the names.

raymer Target: nothing good. Had BB & SW pack and the Target excl. Legends 2-packs. Smokescreen & Starscream (i think?); BB and Strikeout (black tuner), and one more

Sh. Oaks Target: SW: a/o last nite there were 2 Hondo Ohnakas, one on each side of the aisles' pegs. Many older CW figs with the Nahdar Vebb sticker if u need the order form. And the usual ROTJ wave and TPM fodder no one wants. lol.

TF: all the aforementioned exclusives minus Legends Devy of course (WM only)

GI Joe: Pit mobile command center clearanced to $69.96. Saw at least 2.

Thx again to Crunchy! At WM, I scanned a Skywarp from their clearance aisle & it came up @ 60. :(

sentry
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Big thanks to the Nug for Bly and Jek, thanks for the help. For the life of me, I STILL can not find ROTS CODY though Dammit !!!!

figrin bran
02-05-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't suppose anyone has seen the TRU exclusive Transformers Animated Arcee and Cybertron Ratchet yet?

JodyB
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't suppose anyone has seen the TRU exclusive Transformers Animated Arcee and Cybertron Ratchet yet?
Burbank TRU a Week ago...

Chaddymac
02-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Burbank TRU a Week ago...
I got out of town for ONE week and THAT happens? son of a *****.

Chaddymac
02-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and go on record as someone who intends to pay full price for the AT-AT, if it's as cool as the Turbo Tank, which was half as awesome as they are making the AT-AT sound in the description.

Turbowars
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
The BAT-AT will blow all this PT crap out of the water.

Chaddymac
02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
The BAT-AT will blow all this PT crap out of the water.
I hope so, which is why I'm trying to support it at full price, but the BMF (which is my favorite Star Wars vehicle of all time) ended up on clearance in high numbers. Still, I'm proud I paid full price for that too (mostly because, after buying it, pride was all I could afford).

Turbowars
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh I will buy a BAT-AT at full price, maybe 2! I have to admit at the time of the BMF release I had so many bad things happening to me I let SW go for a while. I think most of you know the issues. Cancer put a whole new look on things LOL. I did however pick up a BMF off e-bay for 45 shipped. It was opened and was missing alot of parts like the guns and landing gear. It was in new condition, but the seller said his son opened it and never palyed with it, I know weird. I was able to get all the parts from Hasbro. Now it's complete for about 60 bucks. It kills me some guys got it for $30 complete.

Chaddymac
02-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh I will buy a BAT-AT at full price, maybe 2! I have to admit at the time of the BMF release I had so many bad things happening to me I let SW go for a while. I think most of you know the issues. Cancer put a whole new look on things LOL. I did however pick up a BMF off e-bay for 45 shipped. It was opened and was missing alot of parts like the guns and landing gear. It was in new condition, but the seller said his son opened it and never palyed with it, I know weird. I was able to get all the parts from Hasbro. Now it's complete for about 60 bucks. It kills me some guys got it for $30 complete.
completely unrelated and marginally random - does your landing gear actually work? i sneeze and mine collapses to the floor.

Turbowars
02-05-2010, 09:16 PM
They work fine if you just let it sit there, but yeah they fall right off. I keep my ship leaning on the wall by the floor and all the gear is sitting next to it in a bag.

JediTricks
02-05-2010, 10:38 PM
On mine, the landing gear stays on if I lift it straight up, but it's designed to give way from any lateral stress. I originally had trouble with the legs staying in when picking it up, turned out I had the wrong legs in those spots.

Maradona
02-06-2010, 02:41 AM
I hope so, which is why I'm trying to support it at full price, but the BMF (which is my favorite Star Wars vehicle of all time) ended up on clearance in high numbers. Still, I'm proud I paid full price for that too (mostly because, after buying it, pride was all I could afford).

An attractive aspect of the BAT-AT, in contrast to the BMF, is when it comes to inevitable clearance prices, buying multiples after paying full price the first time will be fun. I bought 5 AT-TEs. I bought the first one shortly after it came out on sale for about $10 off. The other 4, spread out over time, were at half off. Picking up multiples of the BAT-AT will likely be a multiyear process.

Tycho
02-06-2010, 05:28 AM
On the BMF, my landing gear does NOT fall off.

Certain pieces fit better in certain slots. Experiement until you get yours correct.

I hope that helps someone out.

K M Toydarian
02-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Speaking of BMF, I saw 2 at Porter Ranch TRU yesterday for 99.99 Thought that was interesting.

Tycho
02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey: where are my favorite scalper-characters to read about:

Headphones
Hootie
etc.

Any sightings?

Who?

I can't think of all their names right now.

figrin bran
02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey: where are my favorite scalper-characters to read about:

Headphones
Hootie
etc.

Any sightings?

Who?

I can't think of all their names right now.

You forgot about Dirty Sanchez. He's the only one I see in the stores lately.

wampaslayr
02-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Found remnants of CW Wave 2 at the super WM in Santa Clarita today. Picked up Sidious, TX-20, and Anakin.

BlueSnags
02-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Picked up a clearanced CW BP (the one with Plo Koon, Rocket Battle Droid and two troopers) for $13 today at NoHo Target. They still had a handful of $20 Exclusive TIEs if anyone's interested.

All caught up on Legacy and CW thanks to a few good online stores. Looking forward to the BAT-AT and the upcoming vintage line...

-Snags

Tycho
02-08-2010, 02:51 AM
Geeze I keep getting behind on the Clone Wars figures.

Tonight I found Aayla, Bly, and Hondo Ohnaka (I really like the pirate figure!)

Right after Crunchy mailed them to me (at least Bly, and Aayla I think).

I got into a brand new case. There was only 1 each of them. I passed on Jek.

The TX-20 and Snowcoat Anakin I'm definitely interested in. I'm not sure what I'd do with Darth Sidious, so I don't have any current plans to buy him. There are more than 3 new figures in that wave, right?

I really want the "Muftak" type alien - and mulitples there - (though I thought they were from Alzoc III? Clone Wars suggests otherwise) and the Snow-bi-Wan figure to actually use in his speederbike thing.

Commtech
02-08-2010, 03:57 AM
What's up friends? Haven't posted here in a looooooooong time.

Hey Snags, I've tried contacting you to no avail about your short mouth biker scout.:yes:

Hey, if anyone finds a clearanced Walmart skywarp, please stash or pick up for me. Thanks!

Maradona
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Hey, if anyone finds a clearanced Walmart skywarp, please stash or pick up for me. Thanks!

As of yesterday, Pico Rivera WM had at least 3.

Commtech
02-08-2010, 11:45 AM
As of yesterday, Pico Rivera WM had at least 3.

Appreciate the info, but I barely have time to go toy hunting anymore, especially that far away. Thanks anyway.:)

BlueSnags
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
What's up friends? Haven't posted here in a looooooooong time.

Hey Snags, I've tried contacting you to no avail about your short mouth biker scout.:yes:

CT - can you meet up this week? Need to get that Scout from ya, my brotha. Let me know.

-Snags

bikerscout
02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Commtech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

pm comin your way

wampaslayr
02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
So I openned my CW Sidious figure and was a little disappointed because there is absolutely NO articulation in the legs at all. The knees do not bend and the legs do not move so you cannot put this figure in a seated position. The waist, arms, and neck move and that's about it. The hood does not come off either to expose the face, which was another let down. Not my favorite out of this wave.

bikerscout
02-09-2010, 09:44 PM
that's an element of CW figs i don't like. I do want to get Cmdr. Bly though, maybe Aayla.

Sat., on a tip from a local collector, i was able to get a Concept Snowie and a Snowspdr Luke from WM. Where are those new scout comic packs already?!?! how long to wait for those??

figrin bran
02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
that's an element of CW figs i don't like. I do want to get Cmdr. Bly though, maybe Aayla.

Sat., on a tip from a local collector, i was able to get a Concept Snowie and a Snowspdr Luke from WM. Where are those new scout comic packs already?!?! how long to wait for those??

CW Aayla has better articulation than the ROTS one so you should definitely get her. Plus the knees and ankle joints are much stronger on the CW one so at least she's able to stand.

Maradona
02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Picked up 9 of the Iron Man 2 figures at Alhambra TRU. Along with all other Hasbro 3 3/4" figures (Star Wars, Marvel, GI Joe), they were $6.99. Has anyone else seen this price drop at their local TRU or this an isolated case? The IM2 figures have a counting system that goes all the way to at least 26, which seems like way too many figures to release at once given the economic climate.

Commtech
02-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Still looking for a clearanced skywarp. Found one thanks to biker scout but it was $30. Need it cheaper. Please stash or buy for me if you're in the valley area. Thanks!

bikerscout
02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
to get one < $30 you will need skill. Skill that only Bluesnags and CrunchyNug possess. :p

Tycho
02-10-2010, 09:50 PM
to get one < $30 you will need skill. Skill that only Bluesnags and CrunchyNug possess. :p

LOL. Funny but probably accurate: Snags and Crunchy could very well be the site's top hunters. :thumbsup:

DarkKnight4516
02-12-2010, 02:07 PM
found both exclusive deluxe at tru in burbank the other day they had 3 of each scout and stap also found the 3 new main line deluxe anakin , barc , and cody last week at pr walmart.

Commtech
02-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Well, those guys are strong with the force.
:yes:

wampaslayr
02-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Found the TRU exlusive deluxe figures at the Valencia TRU but passed on them. Also at the Stevenson Ranch WM found the Deluxe Anakin but passed on it because I do not like the molded poncho. This is one time Hasbro should have used soft goods. Also saw the Cody Barc deluxe but passed on that one as well. No sign of the AT-RT set. Valencia Target had CW Hondo and Aayla figures.

bikerscout
02-13-2010, 02:09 AM
too pricey for me @ $20, but Porter Ranch TRU had the new scout w/ speeder exclusives the other night. Gray repaint for the bike

Turbowars
02-13-2010, 02:19 AM
too pricey for me @ $20, but Porter Ranch TRU had the new scout w/ speeder exclusives the other night. Gray repaint for the bikeWas it the old model or the improved Saga version?

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 05:24 AM
The saga tooling is lost. It's the old one. I'm just shocked to hear it's already out.

Ji'dai
02-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Pre-order is in. I'm so excited.

Sideshow, $189 plus tax/shipping.

Speck, did you get your fertility idol yet? Does it have a fingernail-like dent or groove in the left breast? Mine does and I thought it might be damaged. But after checking around, I found that others are reporting the same issue with their idols.

Turbowars
02-13-2010, 11:00 AM
The saga tooling is lost. It's the old one. I'm just shocked to hear it's already out.Has it been stated by Hasbro the Saga Speeder Tools have been lost??????:(

Turbowars
02-13-2010, 11:01 AM
BTW where are all the TF pics of the AT-AT?

Chaddymac
02-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Has it been stated by Hasbro the Saga Speeder Tools have been lost??????:(
I'm confused - what speeder are we talking about? I swear, I read the news everyday, and you guys STILL seem to have more info. Maybe you just have better memories.

BlueSnags
02-13-2010, 02:47 PM
There's an exclusive Biker Scout & Speeder Bike that's hitting TRUs this week.

Picked up a clearanced Dewback ($15 - WM) and the three new Marvel Secret Wars 3-packs (Target) today.

-Snags

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Has it been stated by Hasbro the Saga Speeder Tools have been lost??????:(
Yes, a couple years ago they confirmed to us in Q&A that one of the factories they contracted with lost the tooling.

BTW where are all the TF pics of the AT-AT?Hasbro's media day event didn't even start when you posted that. It started an hour ago, but they have folks trapped in a basement sitting through a slideshow for all the brands, then they'll let them loose on the showroom (in a guided presentation first, so it'll be slow). Should be not too long now.

K M Toydarian
02-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Picked up a clearanced Dewback ($15 - WM) and the three new Marvel Secret Wars 3-packs (Target) today.

-Snags
Didn't pick up a NON clearanced ($30) Dewback at Porter Ranch WalMart today!:D
And on top of the non clearance price, it had the Trooper stolen, but taped back up.

Did get a Legacy 2 pack with R2 and Boba at RU for 7.99 though!

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Matchstick at Target WeHo, someone stole the helmet though. What kind of world is this?

Lots of $20 TIEs there, a few other clearance items. I picked up the SWTF Twilight and CW Y-wing, the Y-wing rang up at $15 and the Twilight at $20, so I made them lower it to $15. :p

bikerscout
02-14-2010, 04:22 AM
There's an exclusive Biker Scout & Speeder Bike that's hitting TRUs this week.

-Snags

In a rare instance, i found these at the Porter Ranch TRU before ya :p. My scout buddies helped me out. :D To answer TW's question, they were the old mold. I wonder if the exploding feature works? Probably not. If someone sells this bike version for cheap i might get it later on. But then again, i hope H revamps the whole thing & released it soon.

Chaddymac
02-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Found the Resurgence of the Jedi pack at Target today. Haven't hears of anyone else seeing it, so figured it was worth mentioning. A lot of rehash in here, but enough new that it appealed to me though possibly not others. I got the only one I saw - Burbank, TRU.

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Good to know, thanks. I was going to do a hunt for it next week when I got paid, so now I know where to focus.

BlueSnags
02-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Picked up the TRU Biker Scout set today.

-Snags