PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

bikerscout
04-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Tycho --stop playing sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unleash the true power of the force!!!!!!!!!!

CrunchyNug
04-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Hit a few TRU's this morning & ran into a fellow board member, Dark Knight you out there?

We found one case of EU at TRU #1, strange that an incomplete set was put out. I think one of the twins are Shaak Ti were missing. Found one more case of EU at TRU #2. Was fortunate enough to get one of each Trooper thanks to Dark Knight. So happy about that because those are gonna be my openers!!!

K M Toydarian
04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Downtown today so I thought I'd stop at Costco on the way home, around 3pm. Of course had to go to TRU:D but didn't expect to find anything. Saw a couple sets of the EU remnants. I carried the 5 figs around for a bit so I could buy them since they were BOGO1/2 just so I could get the Jabba Build a droid. The 6th extra piece is with the Wing Guard who was of course gone.
Before I checked out I thought I'd ask if there were any more. The guy new what I was looking for and said he thought there was another case in back, just hadn't put them out cause the pegs were full with CW and Legends. He really new his stuff which was refreshing.
Ended up getting a complete set of 7 figs!
I think his name was Ramily? Awesome guy. I usually feel bad for asking for stuff, as the responses can be rude sometimes, but I'm glad I did. I hope they keep shipping our stores these cases everyone can get what we want.
He said they had TFU sets earlier, but were gone.
I guess I am done with legacy!

Sux that 7 new figs are 1 per case. There will be a glut of Legacy leftovers that no one wants. Most of the repacks were in the 2 packs!

bikerscout
04-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Hit a few TRU's this morning & ran into a fellow board member, Dark Knight you out there?

We found one case of EU at TRU #1, strange that an incomplete set was put out. I think one of the twins are Shaak Ti were missing. Found one more case of EU at TRU #2. Was fortunate enough to get one of each Trooper thanks to Dark Knight. So happy about that because those are gonna be my openers!!!

Went to 7 TRUs last week and no EU. SO not fair. :rolleyes: This is the difference between the 'top pro collectors' and the guppies :p

DarkKnight4516
04-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Ran into crunchy like he said at porter ranch tru just stocked what seemed to be a partial case of eu missing both females they also had the force unleashed packs just my luck for grabing them online the day before. Thats how it always happens i guess. Ran to Woodland hills tru with crunchy next and scored another case far in the back from other collectors thanks to a honorable tru employee. Split it with crunchy now i think were both good till august.

DarkKnight4516
04-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Went to 7 TRUs last week and no EU. SO not fair. :rolleyes: This is the difference between the 'top pro collectors' and the guppies :p

You gotta go to 20 or so durring the week to be a top pro collector dude you know that. No but seriously this was a freak find just by accident i have been to 10 different trus at least 4 times a piece since these started to show and just now found them. (sigh of relief)

bikerscout
04-29-2010, 06:41 PM
You gotta go to 20 or so durring the week to be a top pro collector dude you know that. No but seriously this was a freak find just by accident i have been to 10 different trus at least 4 times a piece since these started to show and just now found them. (sigh of relief)

Hah! Some of those 7 i went to twice too. In all honesty -case pulls from the back aren't fair either b/c not everyone can do them/have that done for them. You must have strong 'force persuade' like Crunchy.

please stash if u guys find anymore. thx!!

DarkKnight4516
04-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Hah! Some of those 7 i went to twice too. In all honesty -case pulls from the back aren't fair either b/c not everyone can do them/have that done for them. You must have strong 'force persuade' like Crunchy.

please stash if u guys find anymore. thx!!

will do man. yeah i agree with you on pulls, thats why i try not to do them unless its an emergency. I actually had no problem waiting till may but with everyone doing pulls for these i was contemplating doing it soon on these. Luckly i didnt have to the first place they were out when we arrived and the other i caught the employee on his way to stock the boys section. But ill keep an eye out and let you know if i see them again.

JediTricks
04-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Los Feliz TRU had a single Utris M'Toc on pegs. I recognized this when some dude walked right up and picked it out 3 minutes after I had scanned the pegs for figures. I saw a few leftovers from the case (Jedi Luke), but missed that one completely for no reason. I did pick up CW Cmdr Stone and Thire/Rys at least though.

I could really use a stash of the 2 Force Unleashed 5-packs tonight or tomorrow morning. I super want these and like an idiot, let them slip through my fingers on the TRU website.

Why is it that TRU Burbank and Los Feliz, the 2 closest to me, have consistently sucked for as long as I've been going there? It's not just the crap selection, the employees actively run up to you asking if you want help, and when you tell them what you want they blow you off like you just asked them to scrape the bottom of your shoe with their tongues. That and the crap selection. ;)

For all you Iron Man line fans, Burbank TRU had 4 new figures, 27-31, Ditko Iron Man (same classic body, new helmet, looks weird), a regular comic Iron Man I didn't quite recognize (both of these had no name beyond "Iron Man" and "Comic Series"), Guardsman, and Titanium Man, which is different from the first movie Titanium Man. I bought Titanium Man, had to choose the best visor paint I could find, they were all a little off.

bikerscout
04-30-2010, 02:23 AM
will do man. yeah i agree with you on pulls, thats why i try not to do them unless its an emergency. I actually had no problem waiting till may but with everyone doing pulls for these i was contemplating doing it soon on these. Luckly i didnt have to the first place they were out when we arrived and the other i caught the employee on his way to stock the boys section. But ill keep an eye out and let you know if i see them again.

Thx man. Unless it's an emergency? - lol. "I really need this figures for a..a.... birthday party i'm goin to right now...." Lol!!

Crunchy --i'm givin u grief, but i'm just kiddin man. U & Snags are the Jordan & Pippen of LA collecting!!!!

JT: LF TRU is probably the best stocked TRU in the area, besides the Torrance store, so I have faith in them. However, i'm really crossing my fingers that they'll have EU this sat. Total crapshoot, as with most hunts. Otherwise, i'll make an early prediction -these will be as htf if not harder than TAC wave 5. And that really *(%&#%^% sux. Bigtime.

bikerscout
04-30-2010, 04:18 PM
learned of a stashed TFU pack (#1/2). PM for location if u need it.

Tycho
04-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Today at TRU, I got:

Dark Trooper (very cool - I guess I'll keep one)
Shaak-Ti (also very cool - I'll have to play my FU game and see what it's about)
Utriss M'Toc (nice to have my Bespin Guards complete)

FireFighter Droid (CW) - cool. I wasn't going to get this one. Now I want 3 more.
Captain Rex in snow gear. Yeah!

TFU pack 1
TFU pack 2

As I said, I may offer TFU packs for trade or sale at cost, but now I guess I have to play my game and see what happens when it's full count and there's 2 outs and... - oh wait. Nevermind. Wrong game. What's TFU? I guess it's Star Wars stuff? Alright. I'll "force" myself to take a look.

bikerscout
04-30-2010, 05:35 PM
good score Tycho!! I hope you like TFU, when u become powerful as the game goes on -it can become quite addictive. Don't know what platform u have, but I've beat it on PS3 and it was awesome. I'm now trying to beat it on Wii and I'm on the last board. The previous board was one exclusive to Wii in which you to Bespin and fight a bunch of Mandos among other guys like Talz and K'Krukh species!!! Really cool board. Boss was a b.... Ultracool though!!!!!! Check it out. Shaak Ti is hot!!!!!!!!!

JediTricks
04-30-2010, 05:40 PM
JT: LF TRU is probably the best stocked TRU in the area, besides the Torrance store, so I have faith in them.
Ugh, that's a depressing thought. They've been nothing but awful to me for the last 8 years or so.

However, i'm really crossing my fingers that they'll have EU this sat. Total crapshoot, as with most hunts. Otherwise, i'll make an early prediction -these will be as htf if not harder than TAC wave 5. And that really *(%&#%^% sux. Bigtime.Yeah, my theory as well.

learned of a stashed TFU pack (#1/2). PM for location if u need it.YES! PM sent.

good score Tycho!! I hope you like TFU, when u become powerful as the game goes on -it can become quite addictive. Don't know what platform u have, but I've beat it on PS3 and it was awesome. I'm now trying to beat it on Wii and I'm on the last board. The previous board was one exclusive to Wii in which you to Bespin and fight a bunch of Mandos among other guys like Talz and K'Krukh species!!! Really cool board. Boss was a b.... Ultracool though!!!!!! Check it out. Shaak Ti is hot!!!!!!!!!He has a Wii.

I keep getting tempted to buy the PS2 version (same as the Wii, minus the waggle controls obviously) but keep reading that the Force powers are all really weak and pointless and take away from the fun of the concept. Is that the case?

K M Toydarian
04-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Back from LF TRU where they had quite a few FU sets, both sets. There was a shelf tag and everything! This was 3pm.
Also got a couple figs for 4.99 BOGO 1/2 off. The way the computer takes the sale though, it takes BOGO sale first, 7.49 1st fig, 3.74 second fig, then takes 2.50 off each.
Hopefully this will clear out the pegs. BOGO til tomorrow, but the 4.99 is thorugh July.
Went to Burbank while I was out. Thought about getting 2 Matchstick pilot (CW), but when an employee asked if I needed anything, I obliged and asked if any more Legacy, other than the 1 Yarna. He brought out a case of ESB rev. got 8 figs for $30. Left Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Cody. Maybe they have some EU in the back for tomorrow?
Also got price adjusted for the 8 figs I bought Wed. Got 20 bucks back!
At least if the EU hit more plentifully in the coming weeks, they will still be 4.99!

figrin bran
04-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Personally, I think La Cienega TRU is much better stocked than Los Feliz.

JT, if you still want me to try to stash TFU packs at LF TRU, let me know.

If I were to return the TFU packs I got from TRU.com to the store, they would refund shipping as well, correct?

JediTricks
04-30-2010, 10:07 PM
No thanks, I picked 'em both up there. The minute I saw Toydarian's post, I jumped into the car and busted down there. Thanks for offering though.

$5 figs was a big surprise, seems to have made a dent. I almost bought an extra Luke Jedi, R2, and Chewie to take advantage of the BOGO and get those BG-J38 parts, but then decided to pass since I have all of them already and it's more money down the drain.

La Cienega does seem to be off the scalper trade routes somehow, I guess Big Lou now lives in Culver City TRU and doesn't have time to leave. But they have really bad stocking practices, so it's very hit-or-miss, but I guess everything is.

K M Toydarian
05-01-2010, 12:49 AM
No thanks, I picked 'em both up there. The minute I saw Toydarian's post, I jumped into the car and busted down there. Thanks for offering though.

I'm glad you were able to score a set! Sorry I didn't stash any for others, but there were quite a few, and Friday afternoon, was fairly busy. I have a feeling we will see a good supply of those sets, unlike the EU figures.
The figure deal was great and I got a few extras for custom fodder at that price. I saw no Maul repacks though, which I wanted to get to make a second BG-J38, but I'm sure I'll see him again. I think this sale will do well to clear out old stock, and maybe push a bunch of hidden treasures from the warehouses into stores. I never saw ROTS figures (Utai, Colton, etc) and would love if TRU found some cases of that wave!

Tycho
05-01-2010, 03:56 AM
Here's one for the record books: I dragged my date to TRU (yes she waited in the car) and I talked to the manager.

They don't have anything to put out tomorrow morning. Unless they get them Fed-Ex'd in - which can happen - there's nothing new.

I still need multiples (don't even have one each yet) of K'Kruhk, and the Solo Twins.

DarkKnight4516
05-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Does anyone have a clone wars 45 darth sidious to spare, hes all im missing to be done till the new packaging comes out and im getting sick of running to stores for 1 fig. Ha. PM me or just write back on here if you do. It would help me alot. Thanks.

K M Toydarian
05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
No EU at Woodland Hills (none according to computer either), none at Porter Ranch (again none showing in computer), none at Van Nuys. Van Nuys did hav 3 cases in the back though, but all ESB revisions. Picked up a scanning crew, Black Bespin Guard, SS Luke, couple Gungans and a legacy chewy for extra/customs. Didn't want to pass up the last chance for 3.xx figures.
Van Nuys has Force Unleashed packs sitting on shelf too.

Maradona
05-01-2010, 11:30 PM
For the first time in a long while, I was able to search a TRU before noon, this time in Monrovia. No sign of EU. According to the sale ticket, the $4.99 price drop is supposed to last until 7/3/10. Did anyone else notice this at other TRUs? If so, this is likely a ploy to clear out space for the Vintage line. Even at that price, though, I doubt they'll get rid of the armies of Saesee Tiins littering the LA area.

JediTricks
05-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah, the $5 tag date was at all the stores I've been to in the past 2 days.

Monrovia, Los Feliz, Burbank TRU, none of them had jack squat of note today. Los Feliz already ran out of TFU packs, Monrovia had 1 - that has to suck so bad being stuck finding 1 on bogo.

BlueSnags
05-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Picked up a few more TFU sets this morning and an extra set of EU (thanks to Crunchy for the hookup).

-Snags

bikerscout
05-02-2010, 06:07 AM
JT: looks like you found what u needed. Very good. At 9:30 this AM they only had one TFU pack out. Must've put em out later & they sold out after 3p or so. A stock guy already had a case out of CW, I grabbed the IG-100 (spoken for) and got a Snow Rex. (Don't need him extremely bad, PM if u do.)

We pretty much got screwed today (sat.). None of the SF valley TRUs had EU either reportedly. I think the sale will go till 7/17 iirc. That's cool. IF U CAN FIND THE DANG FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!

Snags: How are you able to get EU (w/crunchy) when everyone else here on the boards scoured all of LA and ended up with a goose egg?? Oh that's right -- top pro collectors.. :p

darkagent
05-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I guess I was lucky to get the EU Wave and TFU sets from TRU on Wednesday. The EU wave case also has the "white" alien Bespin Guard variant if anyone is looking for him.

Chaddymac
05-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I guess I was lucky to get the EU Wave and TFU sets from TRU on Wednesday. The EU wave case also has the "white" alien Bespin Guard variant if anyone is looking for him.
The Alien Bespin dude is actually the only figure I'm looking for from the EU set. I ordered the rest as a set from BBTS and I don't mind waiting and saving on the gas, but the "set" didn't include the Bespin guy, so him I still need.

bikerscout
05-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Now i feel like a real dummy for not stashing the wing guards when i saw them. I definitely will next time.

Figrin --sending u a pm.

figrin bran
05-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Have we all heard about the stabbings at La Brea Target today?

They should've used a basic lightsaber to subdue the assailant.

RUSHBOY
05-04-2010, 12:28 AM

That would suck to be hunting for toys and get stabbed for no reason !
That chic has issues !!:whip:

figrin bran
05-04-2010, 12:45 AM
That would suck to be hunting for toys and get stabbed for no reason !
That chic has issues !!:whip:

Probably because I've been playing Force Unleashed again lately but I think I might've tried tossing boxes and ramming shopping carts into her.

RUSHBOY
05-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Probably because I've been playing Force Unleashed again lately but I think I might've tried tossing boxes and ramming shopping carts into her.

Why not just use force lightning on her hehe !!:laugh:

K M Toydarian
05-04-2010, 02:02 AM

That was pretty crazy! The male victim is someone I know. He's a kickboxing instructor my friend takes class from. She said he's joking his kickboxing reflexes saved his life. Broad daylight too. When I'm working in Hollywood, I go to WEHO target everyday. Gotta watch your back!

Back to toys, I notice burbank TRU had a fair share of ESB revision cases on the shelf, and some CW. Has Thi-Sen been released? I've never seen him, Sidious, or TX-20, just Firefighter droid, Snow Jedi, Stone, and Rex. Hopefully they will show up while figures are still 4.99.

Tycho
05-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Hey was this assailant girl hot? I might want to go out with her. She sounds like my type: finally an honest woman!

So many use an attorney. This one comes straight at you. I'd prefer it that way. :smoker:

bikerscout
05-04-2010, 03:21 AM
I'm late, what is this stabbing story? I wanted to go to that Best buy and Target tomrw, but now I don't know.

KM -- i've only seen TX-20 once, stashed it, and it was claimed by figrin. Never seen sidious or thi-sen either

K M Toydarian
05-04-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm late, what is this stabbing story? I wanted to go to that Best buy and Target tomrw, but now I don't know.

KM -- i've only seen TX-20 once, stashed it, and it was claimed by figrin. Never seen sidious or thi-sen either

Stabbing was crazy. I heard of it on Facebook, then it was on tonight's news.

I was figuring Thi-Sen and Sidious were maybe in a revision or future wave. Hopefully Target and TRU will get more clone wars before the package change.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I usually end up going there with my mom or grandmother, so that would have been a real shocker to deal with. My sister is sure she would have rushed the assailant with a shopping cart, but I fully doubt it. Some woman on the news who was in the store claims the assailant stabbed a guy 5 times while he was crouched down, and that the knives had tags like they had been grabbed from the store itself. Last year I was shopping with my mom there and suggested such a thing would be so easy, they have their knives on the regular shelves in simple clamshell packaging OR LESS. Didn't know that would be prophetic though.

bikerscout
05-04-2010, 06:11 PM
how in the heck did the attacker get 5 in on a kickboxing instructor?, must've been in a really bad crouched position. That's ridiculous.

anyone see any EU today?

Btw, best buy has a great sale on Sci-fi/action dvds this week. Most for $5. Some titles include: Aliens 1-3, The Abyss, Matrix trilogy, I robot, etc.

www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17071&type=page&initialize=false&sp=&nrp=15&iht=n&list=y&sc=Global&st=4.99_DVD_Sale_20100502&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&prids=&cp=1&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q342e39395f4456445f53616c655f3230313030353032~~ nccat02015%23%230%23%2313&_requestid=249767

hopefully the link works

K M Toydarian
05-04-2010, 08:58 PM
how in the heck did the attacker get 5 in on a kickboxing instructor?, must've been in a really bad crouched position. That's ridiculous.

I know he's more fitness guy than martial arts tough guy. I'm guessing the situation took him by surprise. He didn't get hurt too bad.

Opened a couple extras today from this past weekends TRU sale. I pulled out of storage and opened the POTF Falcon carry case with Scanning crew guy . Cool to see him side by side with the new one. The 90's one looks vintage, and I remember in 95 thinking how good and "realistic" the new line of figures looked!:D

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Los Feliz TRU had CW Firefighter Droid x2 and Snowy Captain Rex x2. I bought 1 of each. The Fire Droid has rotation forearms, about time! Rex's head can bend forward to an unnaturally low point, and can rotate pretty well, why can't they do this with regular Snowtroopers?

Burbank TRU had diddly.

bikerscout
05-04-2010, 11:17 PM
oh ya, i saw those guys too JT. Looks like mostly new & revision CW was stocked if anything. (Drats!!). They also had a few Commando Droids. Again, no ig-100s, no Thi-sen, TX-20, or Sidious. Glad i didn't go to Burbank.

I may open that Snow capt. Rex now. Sounds cool, and maybe he'll be the "Snowtrooper Commander" for now. Sux no SA for him though.

Maradona
05-04-2010, 11:27 PM
A local TRU has more than a dozen TFU Sets. PM for location.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh, I forgot, Los Feliz also had a single CW Cmdr Bly. I don't think I've ever seen him on pegs before. I think either this store or Burbank had a couple Cmdr Stone figs, but I don't remember which one... kinda thinking Burbank.

oh ya, i saw those guys too JT. Looks like mostly new & revision CW was stocked if anything. (Drats!!). They also had a few Commando Droids. Again, no ig-100s, no Thi-sen, TX-20, or Sidious. Glad i didn't go to Burbank.

I may open that Snow capt. Rex now. Sounds cool, and maybe he'll be the "Snowtrooper Commander" for now. Sux no SA for him though.
Yeah, not finding the new Magnaguard or TX-20 has gotten frustrating. My AAT needs a pompous windbot to stick out the top and get blasted. ;)

I've decided to use my Snow Rex as my squad's Fire Trooper under Rex's command, which will explain the coloring. :p Yes, the gun is wrong for a fire-trooper, but it's close enough, and if I put him in the Freeco Bike they'd have that arctic theme overwhelming my squad.

Tycho
05-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Today's Haul:

5 K'Kruhk
3 Jainas
2 more Jainas from my collecting team
3 Jacens
2 more Jacens from my collecting team

I previously got the Dark Trooper and Utriss M'Toc.

2 new CW Magna Guard Droids
1 more Firefighter Droid (I'd previously gotten one)
1 more Commander Stone

I'd previously gotten Obi-Wan and Anakin.

No sightings of the Talz or Tactical Droid ever.

I have extra TFU Shaak-Tis and a lot of extra BG-J38 parts I'll trade or let go for $1 per part. My trade wants are in my signature.

figrin bran
05-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Tycho, you've already done better than many of us with the EU wave!

I'm afraid I used up all my collector's luck getting your 4 Willrow

Tycho
05-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Tycho, you've already done better than many of us with the EU wave!

I'm afraid I used up all my collector's luck getting your 4 Willrow

If that's a hint that I could find you something, speak up. I might get more EU wave (and hopefully CW wave) very soon. Let me know what you're looking for. (I need 5 Talz from the CW wave)

Did you mail the Willrows btw? I recall you got my check (for the figures).

Please let me know their shipping cost because we were doing that separately.

Maradona
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I've yet to find any of the EU wave.

RUSHBOY
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Covina Walmart has the Aquaman vs Black manta 2 pack today !!
The Dynamic Duo set was gone. :whip:

They did not have any 6 inch War Machines :sad:

K M Toydarian
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Took a trip to Los Feliz TRU today and scored a Legends Maul with BG-J38 arm. After getting the EU wave last week and Utris, I picked up 4 repacks during the BOGO sale to make another droid, but couldn't find the 5th, Maul. Glad I found him today.

Target Glendale and Eagle rock had nada new Star Wars. Will they get anything over the summer?
I might have to make a T-shirt saying, "I went to target to get a Star War, and all I got was stabbed in the neck!":twisted:
I know that's wrong, sorry Frankie (my friend who was actually stabbed).

They did have new Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia figs. P of P look cool, some 3 3/4" scale. Could be some Tattoine extras.

bikerscout
05-06-2010, 06:40 AM
went to 3 TRUs today. (2 of them in the valley). Didn't find squat. Not even TFU packs. 2 of the TRUs did have an endcap of SW up though. Just crap figs though.

walmart had some cool AC/DC Ironman 2 shirts for sale. $5-7.50. A lot of them said "shoot to thrill" and one of them was gray & had WM on the front with some antique cannons. There was a Mk V shirt, and the poster shot of IM & wm standing back to back. I would've taken a WM shirt with nothing else on it -but no such luck.

JediTricks
05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Took a trip to Los Feliz TRU today and scored a Legends Maul with BG-J38 arm. After getting the EU wave last week and Utris, I picked up 4 repacks during the BOGO sale to make another droid, but couldn't find the 5th, Maul. Glad I found him today.

Target Glendale and Eagle rock had nada new Star Wars. Will they get anything over the summer?
I might have to make a T-shirt saying, "I went to target to get a Star War, and all I got was stabbed in the neck!":twisted:
I know that's wrong, sorry Frankie (my friend who was actually stabbed).

They did have new Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia figs. P of P look cool, some 3 3/4" scale. Could be some Tattoine extras.
Totally wrong, but that made me laugh! :D

DarkKnight4516
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Got my force unleashed packs in the mail thankfully they werent doubles and they got the order right. (First thing toysrus did right wow!). Now just need that clone wars sidious to finish the red line.

figrin bran
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I got my TFU packs in the mail as well along with Nahdar Vebb.

I found a lone Darktrooper at a TRU today where there were plenty of TFU packs.

Tycho
05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I have not found anyone to stab me.

JediTricks, I know you'd enjoy that if you're not too busy. :D C'mon down! I live right near Target.

- But I'll fight back - for my rights to ask about Leader Class Decepticons over and over again! :crazed:

BTW: where the heck is LC Starscream?!

bikerscout
05-06-2010, 11:59 PM
alright, this EU s*&# is really startin to **** me off. Went to 5 TRUs today & ended up with nothing. I did manage to stash an alien wing guard in VN. PM for location.

Tycho -it'd be nice if LC SS started hitting now. Our chances will be better since it's not an exclusive thank god. I'm ready to throw in the towel on EU.

JediTricks
05-07-2010, 02:27 AM
La Cienega TRU, some topless Mauls and other non-new stragglers from the EU case. A single Cmdr Stone. TFU packs not in equal number.

And then I spent 3.5 hours in the ER at Kaiser down the street waiting for them to tell us my grandmother had no physical conditions they could find, which is why we were taking her to URGENT CARE instead but they told us ER had to deal with it. Stupid Kaiser. Stupid Urgent Care. Stupid Dementia advancing rapidly.

I have not found anyone to stab me.

JediTricks, I know you'd enjoy that if you're not too busy. :D C'mon down! I live right near Target.

- But I'll fight back - for my rights to ask about Leader Class Decepticons over and over again! :crazed:

BTW: where the heck is LC Starscream?!Why didn't you say something sooner? I've always got a knife in the car, real long serrated one, it'll do a lot of damage, and it'll save you the trip to Target. ;)

K M Toydarian
05-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I did manage to stash an alien wing guard in VN. PM for location.

Bikerscout - PM sent

wampaslayr
05-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Was able to pick up 5 of the 6 EU figures at the Valencia TRU today. The only one I still need is the Phase 1 Darktrooper. There were remnants of the CW wave, but only the snow Obi and Fire Droid. There were still a couple of Alien Wing Guards on the pegs when I left. Nice to get these at $4.99 instead of $7.49.

bikerscout
05-07-2010, 09:35 PM
pm responded watto....i mean K M :p

figures valencia TRU stocks the day after i go there

Jango Speck
05-07-2010, 11:11 PM
To the local guys- I'm selling off my original waves of "Cars" die-cast. Many are carded, many are loose- let me know if you are looking for anything in particular. I'm trying to unload several at a time, not singles yet.

RUSHBOY
05-08-2010, 01:37 AM
If anyone still needs the TFU 5 packs Montebello TRU had a bunch of them today !! (like 9 of each) I passed on them for now.

Chaddymac
05-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I also got my TFU packs from TRU in the mail and they did not screw it up. Question, though - weren't there supposed to be two different Shadow troopers - one transparent and one kinda smokey (like it was in the process of cloaking)? Both of mine are transparent.

Maradona
05-08-2010, 10:34 AM
I received my TFU set a couple of days ago. They were both different, however, the set where Galen is a bounty hunter is missing the helmet. There is a slot for it, but no helmet anywhere in the package. Has anyone else encountered this?

Chaddymac
05-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I received my TFU set a couple of days ago. They were both different, however, the set where Galen is a bounty hunter is missing the helmet. There is a slot for it, but no helmet anywhere in the package. Has anyone else encountered this?
Mine had his helmet.

bikerscout
05-08-2010, 05:00 PM
chaddy -- both troopers are transparent in all the packs i've seen. Don't think there's a difference.

maradona --unless it fell out in the package, u should probably get that exchanged. It's supposed to include the helmet

Tycho
05-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I have 2 extra Shaak-Ti's and possibly extra Jaina and Jacens if folks here want to trade for them.

I need up to 5 Talz (Muftak's species) from the Clone Wars assortments

bikerscout
05-09-2010, 06:25 AM
i've been on dozens of runs & haven't seen the Talz (thi-sen) guy u want. Gladly trade if i ever found him. There's a local collector who needs him too - I promised him I'd hook him up if i spotted him.

DarkKnight4516
05-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I also got my TFU packs from TRU in the mail and they did not screw it up. Question, though - weren't there supposed to be two different Shadow troopers - one transparent and one kinda smokey (like it was in the process of cloaking)? Both of mine are transparent.

No your right chaddy i was thinking the same thing wonder what happened found the picture on jediinsider.com

Shadow trooper half cloaked (http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=eBay/Force_Unleashed_Battle_Packs&pic=starwars_sw69_1.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0)

clearly something happened (maybe our next q&a question could clear it up)

just hope they didn't miss pack and these will ship in both sets at a later revision 2 months or so from now like hasbro is know to screw up.

JediTricks
05-09-2010, 02:08 PM
No your right chaddy i was thinking the same thing wonder what happened found the picture on jediinsider.com

Shadow trooper half cloaked (http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=eBay/Force_Unleashed_Battle_Packs&pic=starwars_sw69_1.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0)

clearly something happened (maybe our next q&a question could clear it up)

just hope they didn't miss pack and these will ship in both sets at a later revision 2 months or so from now like hasbro is know to screw up.
I think that's the figure we got, here's the one we didn't:
http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=eBay%2FForce_Unleashed_Battle_Packs&pic=starwars_sw64_1.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
I wanted both. I think the clearer one got cut by Lucasfilm, probably because the game has lots of the smoked ones and none of the white clear ones.

There's also a 3rd image posted recently of a solid dark gray figure with a removable helmet and new head under, my theory is that was a pre-production photo error though.

bikerscout
05-10-2010, 01:29 AM
if the half cloaked version gets released -i'll get it. Good excuse to buy the pack again in my book. Looks pretty awesome. I wish i had more walmart TFU 3-pack shadow troopers. I like that paint job too.

any EU sightings??

DarkKnight4516
05-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I think that's the figure we got, here's the one we didn't:
http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=eBay%2FForce_Unleashed_Battle_Packs&pic=starwars_sw64_1.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
I wanted both. I think the clearer one got cut by Lucasfilm, probably because the game has lots of the smoked ones and none of the white clear ones.

There's also a 3rd image posted recently of a solid dark gray figure with a removable helmet and new head under, my theory is that was a pre-production photo error though.

I checked mine last night both are the clear to white opaque version and stoped at a tru on the way home last night and all were the clear / if you have the smokey black one that solves the question, is that what your seeing in yours jeditricks?

JediTricks
05-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I checked mine last night both are the clear to white opaque version and stoped at a tru on the way home last night and all were the clear / if you have the smokey black one that solves the question, is that what your seeing in yours jeditricks?
Mine definitely are smokey. That's weird!

La Brea Target last night had 1 each of the new Comic Packs, but I bought the Exar Kun, Darth Krayt, and Lumiya sets, leaving Blackhole Trooper, the orange clones, and Tholme.

Tycho
05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Hasbro making Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma, along with Jaina and Jacen Solo are amongst the most awesome things that have happened in this hobby since I started collecting in it.

Too bad there are problems with 3 of the 4:

Jaina's not really dressed correctly: when was she an OLD Republic Jedi?

Exar was a very young Sith Lord (maybe his 20's - but his figure looks 40+)

Ulic - same thing - and he was younger than Exar - like maybe 28 and 22 years old?

Why are the figures middle-age looking? (Well maybe the Ulic figure looks like he's a late 30-something).

Anyway, Jacen Solo turned out the most accurate.

Chaddymac
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
JT, can you take pics? This is very odd...

bikerscout
05-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Mine definitely are smokey. That's weird!

La Brea Target last night had 1 each of the new Comic Packs, but I bought the Exar Kun, Darth Krayt, and Lumiya sets, leaving Blackhole Trooper, the orange clones, and Tholme.

probably gone now, but did they have the Bogey squad pack (kashyyyk troopers)??

i wanna see what Shadow stormies u got too.

JediTricks
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
probably gone now, but did they have the Bogey squad pack (kashyyyk troopers)??

i wanna see what Shadow stormies u got too.
Sorry I couldn't get back to you faster, yes they did.

Smokey Stormies don't look as smokey with the bright flash, the torso is right in these 2 shots but the limbs got overblown, they look almost as dark as the torso in real life (I was too close and too hot on the flash, hence the over-lit problem):
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/90920224.jpg/
http://img185.imageshack.us/i/17836661.jpg/

bikerscout
05-12-2010, 06:15 AM
turns out my friend who wanted bogey squad found the set. He also wants CW Thi Sen but i dunno anyone who's even seen him.

thx for postin the pics. The limbs look clear, and I remember my figures being the same transparency, but now I'll have to check the torso on mine & see if they are like yours JT. I checked about 20 packs today and none of them had a marked difference that i could tell. Also, no EU but they had a couple of alien wing guard/Utris Moc (whatever his name is). This is LF. Sorry for the late post on this, but i forgot to sooner.
Hopefully KM scored his prize.

DarkKnight4516
05-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Sorry I couldn't get back to you faster, yes they did.

Smokey Stormies don't look as smokey with the bright flash, the torso is right in these 2 shots but the limbs got overblown, they look almost as dark as the torso in real life (I was too close and too hot on the flash, hence the over-lit problem):
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/90920224.jpg/
http://img185.imageshack.us/i/17836661.jpg/

Those ones you have are the ones i was refering to as the clear ones JT. I know there not perfectly clear mostly a frosted white color in most spots and the chest is like a bad yellow clear musky color and somewhat clear legs and arms.
http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=eBay/Force_Unleashed_Battle_Packs&pic=starwars_sw69_1.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0
The ones we didnt get sport an almost black helmet and are much more dark in the arms legs and chest. so i guess were safe to say the darker ones got dropped. Thanks for checking for us though.

JediTricks
05-12-2010, 02:27 PM

That is the clear version, you can see it's way different from the smokey version. The one we have is definitely closer to the smoked version. We got the dark version, I'm pretty sure of this. Most likely, they shot it using different lighting conditions. Or we got a 3rd version that's in between.

K M Toydarian
05-12-2010, 04:02 PM
turns out my friend who wanted bogey squad found the set. He also wants CW Thi Sen but i dunno anyone who's even seen him.

thx for postin the pics. The limbs look clear, and I remember my figures being the same transparency, but now I'll have to check the torso on mine & see if they are like yours JT. I checked about 20 packs today and none of them had a marked difference that i could tell. Also, no EU but they had a couple of alien wing guard/Utris Moc (whatever his name is). This is LF. Sorry for the late post on this, but i forgot to sooner.
Hopefully KM scored his prize.

Sorry for the late thank you to bikerscout, but I was able to score the Utris M'Toc he stashed . THANKS. now I can complete a BG-J38 from the repacks I picked up during the crazy TRU sale.
It was a few days later, but he was still there!
Bought the Blackhole trooper/Dark Hologram at Target in the Valley today. I kinda like the droid thing.
Not much else going on out there. Did see at TRU someone buying 3 animated Arcee and a stack of Hotwheels though. Maybe he was helping out his crew? Or is Arcee one that scalpers scoop up?

DarkKnight4516
05-12-2010, 04:23 PM

That is the clear version, you can see it's way different from the smokey version. The one we have is definitely closer to the smoked version. We got the dark version, I'm pretty sure of this. Most likely, they shot it using different lighting conditions. Or we got a 3rd version that's in between.
I think your right that we recieved one that is in the middle of the two honestly reviewing all the pics a third time its not crystal clear and its not as black as the other pick on jedi insider its more of in between frosted white greyish version. at least we all have the same version and we dont have to go through that variancy, ha. probably got down to hasbro being cheap again.

DarkKnight4516
05-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Also i thought everyone might like to know that we may have a definate answer for our shadow stormtrooper confusion. Dan from rebelscum has gotten back to me and said that he submitted this question for the next hasbro Q&A. Awsome.

bikerscout
05-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Sorry for the late thank you to bikerscout, but I was able to score the Utris M'Toc he stashed . THANKS. now I can complete a BG-J38 from the repacks I picked up during the crazy TRU sale.
It was a few days later, but he was still there!
Bought the Blackhole trooper/Dark Hologram at Target in the Valley today. I kinda like the droid thing.
Not much else going on out there. Did see at TRU someone buying 3 animated Arcee and a stack of Hotwheels though. Maybe he was helping out his crew? Or is Arcee one that scalpers scoop up?

You are correct. He wasn't helping out his crew. DB. Probably one of the &*(%&*^s sniping the EU wave also.
Glad u got the wing guard.

I hope TFU packs get a running change with darker shadow stormies. (& that the Bogo 50 sale returns! :razz:)

Chaddymac
05-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Have you taken yours out of the packaging yet, JT? Mine looked smokier in the box than they were out of the box, and I think it's because the colors in the background were refracting inside the plastic and making it appear darker than it actually was, even with the naked eye.

JediTricks
05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Also i thought everyone might like to know that we may have a definate answer for our shadow stormtrooper confusion. Dan from rebelscum has gotten back to me and said that he submitted this question for the next hasbro Q&A. Awsome.Huh, ok, that saves us asking it.

Have you taken yours out of the packaging yet, JT? Mine looked smokier in the box than they were out of the box, and I think it's because the colors in the background were refracting inside the plastic and making it appear darker than it actually was, even with the naked eye.I took all the figures out when I got them. I was surprised how clear the gun was, but figure didn't surprise me out of package, it's not as clear as the "white" prototype clear figure.

Chaddymac
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
I am fascinated. Maybe i should go back and check my fig again to see.

Turbowars
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
All 12 of my Translucent troopers look the same. Would had been cool to have a few variants.

K M Toydarian
05-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I am totally loving the upcoming Disney Vinylmation series of figs. Definitely getting those!
http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/starwarsseries1/starwars1.html

At Rite Aid today I saw the organa/skywalker women evolution set...
Well, not really, but the only 3 figs they have are young Beru, Breha Organa, and Medical frigate Leia. They actually look cool all together, definitely candidates for an evolution pack.
But at 11.49, they probably won't be going anywhere.

figrin bran
05-14-2010, 11:06 AM
There is also a pin set for those Star Wars vinylmations that are out right now in Disney World and should be coming to Disneyland soon, before those vinyl figures get released.

You get 7 of them for $30, one is a mystery that could be Fett, Lando, Luke or Leia. The others you can see in the package - Vader, Stormie, R2, C3PO among others.

wampaslayr
05-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Found a lone Snow Rex at the VN TRU. No EU at three of the TRU's I visited. Went to my local WM and the figures have been marked down to $4.50. This is a really good time to stock up on army building or openners. I'm sure this price will last until July just before the new waves hit the pegs.

figrin bran
05-14-2010, 09:54 PM
My buddy in WA got the rest of the EU wave I needed so any that I find at retail can go to you guys.

bikerscout
05-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Kool. Looking for a Darktrooper. Got 2 EU from a local, that i still need to pick up, and the other 3 are pending in a large trade my friend Swspiffy is orchestrating. Plmk.
I hope the point comes, esp. with the $5 sale still going, that scalpers get oversaturated & people stop buying from ebay. Thanks all the people buying on ebay -supporting the scalpers & makin it harder for everyone!!!!!!!

Tycho
05-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I need Clone Wars figures now. I am done with the EU wave and have extra Shaak-Ti's (2) that I'll probably be returning to the store.

Because of friends' efforts to find me figures, I may have 4 extra Jainas and 3 extra Jacens, too.

Anyway, the Clone Wars figures I need help with are:

(1) TX-20 Droid
(5) Talz (the big white furry alien - forgot the character's name)
(4) Firefighter Battle Droids

The first two do not seem to be in the cases my TRU is receiving and the other stores are not getting figures at the moment.

I'm sure they will be plentiful later, but right now they're the only figures I'm missing.

K M Toydarian
05-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Has anyone here in socal seen the Talz fig or Sidious or TX-20 from CW? I haven't seen them up here either, Tycho.

I've seen the firefighter droid a couple times hanging out, but never the others.

Looks like they were only in wave 12 CW, and dropped from wave 13, which is all I've seen at TRU. I've not seen CW at Target since the Aayla/Hondo wave months back. Haven't done much Wal-Mart, but never saw anything there either CW wise.

Did our area skip those figs? I really wanted a couple Talz figs too.

figrin bran
05-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Has anyone here in socal seen the Talz fig or Sidious or TX-20 from CW? I haven't seen them up here either, Tycho.

I've seen the firefighter droid a couple times hanging out, but never the others.

Looks like they were only in wave 12 CW, and dropped from wave 13, which is all I've seen at TRU. I've not seen CW at Target since the Aayla/Hondo wave months back. Haven't done much Wal-Mart, but never saw anything there either CW wise.

Did our area skip those figs? I really wanted a couple Talz figs too.

I have TX-20 but only because Bikerscout stashed it for me.

Tycho, I'll see what I can do as far as your CW wants. I'm pretty sure I can get you those Firefighter Droids.

bikerscout
05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
i can do up some FF droids if i see them Tycho. TX-20 and Thi sen (talz guy) will be harder to find though. I think i got really lucky when i found him. The only good result of going out non-stop trying to look for EU wave. (still haven't seen any yet, but have a few pending).

Dunno anyone who's seen Thi sen. What a shame. (&*%&#$in Hot wheels guys!!!!!! lol)

figrin bran
05-16-2010, 12:18 AM
People that have found Thi-Sen, mostly in other states it seems, seemed to have found them at Walmart.

bikerscout
05-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Hmm.. good to know. Weird thing i noticed at LF TRU yesterday. There were like 10+ sets of each TFU packs on the shelf on Tues., when i went for my appt. at Costco. Yesterday night, there were none. (Actually 1 pack by the evolutions & 1 pack on the other side). I'm chalking this up to 'scalpation.' What do u guys think??

Tycho
05-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm seeing TFU figure packs sit for a few days before selling out. But the TRU sale (until July 3rd I think) helps them move.

Thank you BikerScout and Figrin for trying to help me find Thi-Sen (and teaching me his name).

As for Wal-Mart, I am hunting. But my stores have shrunk their SW figures to like 8 pegs (2 columns of 4). Furthermore, they are stuffed (oh - but one store had a SW figure endcap, though it seems to be gone now) and old figures were all that hung out there.

IronMan 2 seems to be filling all of Hasbro's shipping. What is there an IronMan movie or something? ;)

Let's see:

Tactical Droid Ironman
FireFighter Ironman
Snowbeast Ironman

I guess those figures could cover my needs?

Robert Downey, Jr. as a Talz.... there's a crazy thought.

figrin bran
05-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Hmm.. good to know. Weird thing i noticed at LF TRU yesterday. There were like 10+ sets of each TFU packs on the shelf on Tues., when i went for my appt. at Costco. Yesterday night, there were none. (Actually 1 pack by the evolutions & 1 pack on the other side). I'm chalking this up to 'scalpation.' What do u guys think??

There's tremendous collector foot traffic through that store so I wouldn't blame scalpers. Besides, I've seen the 2 worst scalpers that frequent the store, Sanchez and Hootie, pass them up.

Target has dropped their figures to 4.99 btw. Probably just a temporary price reduction.

Turbowars
05-16-2010, 02:56 PM
There's tremendous collector foot traffic through that store so I wouldn't blame scalpers. Besides, I've seen the 2 worst scalpers that frequent the store, Sanchez and Hootie, pass them up.

Target has dropped their figures to 4.99 btw. Probably just a temporary price reduction.They isn't anything good to scalp for one and Target lowering their price, so what there isn't anything new to buy anyways.
With the new Vintage, AT-AT and EFX McQ helmet hitting around the same time I hope their will be some sales in August. They are a few things I want at the SDCC, but I think this year will be a cheap trip. BTW does anyone need a roommate for the SDCC? I think I might not have a place.

bikerscout
05-16-2010, 09:24 PM
target's late to the party. But that's good news i guess. Now they need to stock.

CrunchyNug
05-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey all you JLU fans, the new 3-packs have hit the metroplex. I found one case this morning w/ the help of a friendly stocker. I got Batgirl, Weather Wizard, Metallo, & Captain Cold packs. $16 a pop is totally ridiculous by the way.

bikerscout
05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Stashed an IM2 series Iron Monger at Culver city Target. PM for location.

Found some EU at La Cienega TRU this am. (Yay!!) Cards aren't mint, but I found the twins, darktrooper and Shaak Ti. Cards were bent (i think by some db a&$^le) or they came from the case that way. Reason I think this was done deliberately, I looked at the other remnants of the case & they were fine. There is still 1 Jason and 1 Jaina left. Beware of the cards though. Jaina on the endcap & Jason in the main.

Also, it's not required, but I donated $1 to Bundled In Hope -a pgm that gives blankets to babies in need. Got a nice sticker after checking out. Will wear it if i go out again today

figrin bran
05-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey all you JLU fans, the new 3-packs have hit the metroplex. I found one case this morning w/ the help of a friendly stocker. I got Batgirl, Weather Wizard, Metallo, & Captain Cold packs. $16 a pop is totally ridiculous by the way.

I found the Livewire pack this past Saturday! I actually beat Crunchy for once on something.

Commtech
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Where's Toonimator?

bikerscout
05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
he's been on rebelscum. Likes to linger in the Classic trilogy, PT, EU type threads. again, sorry about this morning CT. :cry:

Turbowars
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
he's been on rebelscum. Likes to linger in the Classic trilogy, PT, EU type threads. again, sorry about this morning CT. :cry:
Yeah I think he's on 24 7 on RS. SSG is so dead there isn't anything to talk about here other that just found. All the other thread are 2-3 ways with Tycho and JT.

Jango Speck
05-22-2010, 12:07 AM
(Burbank) Target had a pretty good clearance sale this week- $4.99 each. I almost gave in and built a Jawa army. Does this mean new figures are coming soon?

Edit: noticed that as usual, Glendale Target did not have the clearance prices- big shock since they have way more pegwarmers than Burbank.

BlueSnags
05-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Two more months.

-Snags

K M Toydarian
05-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Yesterday I used the TRU rewards email coupon BOGO 1/2 off Star Wars (only valid Thurs) and picked up 1 of each Clone 3 pack bust ups.

Today I scored 2 Gam. Guard Mighty Muggs at a discount store. I thought that boat had sailed, so I was kinda shocked.
I also picked up a FU Commerorative 3 pack with Emperor and 2 Shadow Troopers for 7.99. There were 3 more sets as well. I tried to stash 2 sets, but the toy area is such a disaster, as well as the rest of the store.
PM for store and location.

Jango Speck
05-22-2010, 01:49 PM
The Toy Story line is looking really good- and my kids kind of like it, so I have to seriously resist the urge to pick up some of the good ones for myself.

Re: "Cars" die-cast, which I no longer collect but I do sort of follow. The Disney Store at Glendale Galleria has a really big die-cast Frank the Harvester for sale. It would be cool to pose with Mater and Lightning.

K M Toydarian
05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
The Toy Story line is looking really good- and my kids kind of like it, so I have to seriously resist the urge to pick up some of the good ones for myself.

I am really liking the 4" figures in the weird angled boxes. Saw a few new characters like Twitch and Chunk and they look cool.

wampaslayr
05-23-2010, 02:58 AM
The Super WM in Valencia has lots of CW figures including Commander Stone and Snow Rex. There were NO Talz, TX, Sidious, or Grievous Bodyguards though. I wonder why these last couple of CW waves have been so scarce. I thought by now there would be lots of them on the pegs.

CrunchyNug
05-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Look what I found at Target. They're making the Van as well...gotta get one of those for sure. The paint apps are horrible, but I managed to pick through and find a decent set. They'll go quite well with my Joes. I couldn't resist.

bikerscout
05-24-2010, 01:45 AM
This isn't as cool as my light cycle pic from Tron, but.... :p

Who the hell's Lynch?? When u get the van -let's see a pic.

no one got my pm regarding a certain hasbro product?? :(

K M Toydarian
05-24-2010, 03:18 AM

bikerscout, PM sent

bikerscout
05-24-2010, 01:57 PM
pm responded. :grin: Don't worry, that last question wasn't for u

JediTricks
05-24-2010, 02:54 PM
WM Crenshaw had a Cmdr Stone fig, I bought it at $4.50, couldn't resist. No sign of any of his case mates except for Snowbi-Wan and Arctikan. (YES! I finally thought of a snow-related name for Anakin. I don't care if it's not good, I've been searching for months.)

figrin bran
05-24-2010, 10:05 PM

If that was directed at me, yes I got it. I just don't think that hasbro product will be available until after Comic Con at the earliest, unless you know something?

mtriv73
05-25-2010, 09:20 AM

Link to a pic of the van from BBTS right here (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10062&mode=retail&picture=out)

K M Toydarian
05-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Link to a pic of the van from BBTS right here (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10062&mode=retail&picture=out)

Just saw that van last night on some other site. Makes me want to get it to airbrush a sweet Star Wars scene on it.

bikerscout
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
If that was directed at me, yes I got it. I just don't think that hasbro product will be available until after Comic Con at the earliest, unless you know something?

I don't know anything new. Should be available at the time u said.

Now where's that dang LC Starscream?!?!?!?!?!

figrin bran
05-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't know anything new. Should be available at the time u said.

Now where's that dang LC Starscream?!?!?!?!?!

HTS has it for preorder. Delivery is supposed to be around 8/9.

Basically from now until August is going to be a dead period for Hasbro lines (SW, Joes, TF's)

Tycho
05-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I saw Starscream up for pre-order just a minute ago. I held off as I'm sure I'll be in stores hunting in August and it will be fun to take Starscream home with me immediately upon purchase.

DarkKnight4516
05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
My eopie finally came yesterday, after 11 years of eluding me i finally got one, ha. Also i was at disneyland over the weekend with the family and no sign of the boarding party set. So i asked an employee who had no idea what i was talking about, who asked another employee who knew what the set was but gave me an unfortunate answer of "we don't have it yet but we know well get it before we shut down in august for remodel" ....... Just Great.

bikerscout
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
HTS has it for preorder. Delivery is supposed to be around 8/9.

Basically from now until August is going to be a dead period for Hasbro lines (SW, Joes, TF's)

$54 shipped? Sheesh. If he's really htf at that time i hope HTS has a discount or free shipping code goin then. These next few months will be torture, but at least we can save $.

figrin bran
05-26-2010, 11:18 AM
My eopie finally came yesterday, after 11 years of eluding me i finally got one, ha. Also i was at disneyland over the weekend with the family and no sign of the boarding party set. So i asked an employee who had no idea what i was talking about, who asked another employee who knew what the set was but gave me an unfortunate answer of "we don't have it yet but we know well get it before we shut down in august for remodel" ....... Just Great.

They're available at WDW currently for SW Weekends so I imagine in a few weeks, they'll be available at Disneyland.

K M Toydarian
05-26-2010, 01:06 PM
My eopie finally came yesterday, after 11 years of eluding me i finally got one, ha.
I know I sent away for a 3rd Eopie on March 30th, the last day. But now I can't remember how I paid. No check has cleared since then, but there is a chance I got a bank check. Oh well, if I don't get another that's fine, it would have been for Obi Wan and baby Luke to ride. He can walk.

Gotta send for Nadar Vebb though, expires 6/30.

bikerscout
05-28-2010, 05:57 PM
anyone finding EU or the CW wave with Sidious, Thi-sen and TX-20???

bought a TLC Stormie at target yesterday for $4.99. Was marked originally at 6.64. I thought i needed the HK-50 part, but now i have 2 right arms i think. :(

JediTricks
05-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I am not seeing that wave anywhere, very frustrating. I want the TX-20 and the Magnaguard.

Picked up the lone Utris M'Toc at TRU La Cienega yesterday. Culver City and La Cienega didn't have squat otherwise.

Turbowars
05-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, can anyone hook me up with a few incinerator troopers from the FU packs at Ross? I have had ZERO luck at the stores.

Tycho
05-29-2010, 12:29 AM
My Target stocked The A-Team action figures.

"If the Star Wars pegs are empty...

...and no employee's there to help....

...and you can find them....

maybe you can waste your money on:

The A-Team.

Tah-Tah-Tah-Tah-Tah"

See, I gave 5 tah-tah's. :D

[Note: I'd actually consider buying the original cast of The A-Team if they made higher quality figures of George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz, and Mr. T.]

[Addendum: and what's with Colonel Lynch now being CIA instead of the Army's worst case of failure?]

In 1972 2003 a crack commando unit on crack was sentenced by a military court for a crime movie they didn't commit (to).

These men promptly escaped (making any profit whatsoever) in the Los Angeles underground (Read: pirated DVDs offered weekly at Frank and Sons').

Today, not really wanted by the government (or anyone else for that matter), they survive as soldiers sufferers of misfortune.

They have a problem.

No one else can help.

If they can find themselves.

Maybe they can still have:

a sequel!

Tah-Tah-Tah-Tah-Tah!!!

bikerscout
05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
saw all of em except Murdock at target when i was getting my Stone Temple pilots cd on thurs.

Tah X2 -- isn't that a little X-rated?? :lipsrsealed: :p

Turbowars
05-29-2010, 07:30 PM
saw all of em except Murdock at target when i was getting my Stone Temple pilots cd on thurs.

Tah X2 -- isn't that a little X-rated?? :lipsrsealed: :pIs that STP cd worth buying? I always liked those guys.

bikerscout
05-30-2010, 02:25 PM
I've only heard the STP once all the way through and I like it. Some songs i like immediately, some will need to grow on me, and there's no tracks i absolutely hate. If you have all of the other albums (5) & u can scoop the new one for $10, go for it. I think u can preview the tracks on amazon.

It's nearly safe to say that if you didn't get these SW items by now -you're pretty much screwed: the final 5 comic packs (no one's stocking!!), the TRU EU wave (u can try online, but how much will they be? gouged?), and the CW wave with Sidious, TX-20, and Thi-sen (where the f is this?? no one's stocking again..:mad:)

Maradona
05-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I completely missed the TRU EU wave. I have had zero luck. Apart from that, I went to so-called Rock'n Comic Con in Pasadena today. WORST CONVENTION EVER!

bikerscout
05-30-2010, 07:25 PM
that pasadena comic-con was the first one supposedly. Based on that review they might not have another :shocked: What happened??

Turbowars
05-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, can anyone hook me up with a few incinerator troopers from the FU packs at Ross? I have had ZERO luck at the stores.
Thanks for all the overwhelming help guys, I'm all set.

Tycho
05-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Don't buy from scalpers or eBay (same thing).

Hasbro has to sell through a lot larger amount of this stuff than what has shipped already.

The stores were just being cautious because of the economy.

More is on the way, I can assure you. It's simply logical. Yes, you might have to wait a month or longer. (Or maybe not).

CrunchyNug
05-31-2010, 07:29 PM
I drove down to Disneyland this morning and decided to check out the World of Disney store that's in Downtown Disney. I was very pleased to find the new Boarding Party 5-pack. It's pretty slick actually, minus the $40 price tag. Their supply was running very low as there were only 6 left on the shelf. Glad to have scored this group of characters!!!

bikerscout
06-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks for all the overwhelming help guys, I'm all set.

dude, ever since u made that post, every Ross I've went to hasn't had jack. Neither TFU set - just stupid rebel pilot Evo. sets, if anything. :mad:

Turbowars
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
dude, ever since u made that post, every Ross I've went to hasn't had jack. Neither TFU set - just stupid rebel pilot Evo. sets, if anything. :mad:It's cool, I'll all good. I'm sure Crunchy bought all the set in a 100 mile radius of the San Fernando Valley. :pleased:

bikerscout
06-02-2010, 02:01 AM
It's cool, I'll all good. I'm sure Crunchy bought all the set in a 100 mile radius of the San Fernando Valley. :pleased:

him and/or urbnns69, DarthSoundwave or Kneel_Before_Zod!! i only found 1 set. I woulda got 1 more if i ever saw another

JediTricks
06-02-2010, 04:59 AM
It's cool, I'll all good. I'm sure Crunchy bought all the set in a 100 mile radius of the San Fernando Valley. :pleased:
I hit Ross Culver City today, zip.

bikerscout
06-02-2010, 06:08 PM
nothing at the CC TRU either I take it?? :cross-eye

edit: a friend of mine in MI needs CW Bly. Anyone got an extra of him (hopefully at the TRU or nice price)?? plmk. thx.

figrin bran
06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
nothing at the CC TRU either I take it?? :cross-eye

edit: a friend of mine in MI needs CW Bly. Anyone got an extra of him (hopefully at the TRU or nice price)?? plmk. thx.

I'll see if I can find a Bly.

A friend from WA sent me most of the EU wave today - K'Kruhk, Shaak Ti, Jacen, Jaina, Spacetrooper, Utris. Plus the CW Magnaguard.

Now if only I could find a Thi Sen...

JediTricks
06-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Nuthin' at Beverly Connection Ross except a Shia Brie rebel pilots Evo set.

nothing at the CC TRU either I take it?? :cross-eyeI didn't have time to go there, actually. Not finding the EU wave has taken some of the wind out of my sails, but I'm refusing to burn a ton of gas to find them or to break appointments.

Tycho
06-04-2010, 04:49 PM

You and me both!

I want 5 of this furry guy.

Has anyone here found him?

CrunchyNug? BlueSnags? Bikerscout? CommTech? You guys find stuff all the time.

bikerscout
06-04-2010, 07:03 PM
believe me, when i see Thi-sen, I'll be on it. I know a crap ton of people who want him.

sorry for the lateness, just got up, but a friend called me around noon & told me that VN TRU had about 4 Arcees on the pegs @10a. Probably not gonna get her, but just lyk

RUSHBOY
06-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I'll see if I can find a Bly.

I only saw a Thi sen once and it was @ rosemead Walmart !!
I went to the register to pay for it and it was not in the computer yet so the lady took it away from me.:(

K M Toydarian
06-05-2010, 12:11 AM
I went to the register to pay for it and it was not in the computer yet so the lady took it away from me.:(

LAME! I hate that.
I wonder if when the new Clone Wars assotment starts to show up we will see cases of the last CW wave being purged from warehouses and showing up at Target.
I can see legacy being clearanced and the DPCI changing for the Vintage cards, but Legends and Clone Wars might stay the same. I can't believe Target never received any of the snow themed wave. They are in the system somewhere, just backed up in distribution.
I am addicted to the Artbox (Kotobikya) magnets at Target. Only 5 or so more to a full set, and so far not too many repeats that I can't find somewhere to stick. Now lets hope Valley Target restocks, I bought most of em.

figrin bran
06-05-2010, 12:22 AM
LAME! I hate that.
I wonder if when the new Clone Wars assotment starts to show up we will see cases of the last CW wave being purged from warehouses and showing up at Target.
I can see legacy being clearanced and the DPCI changing for the Vintage cards, but Legends and Clone Wars might stay the same. I can't believe Target never received any of the snow themed wave. They are in the system somewhere, just backed up in distribution.
I am addicted to the Artbox (Kotobikya) magnets at Target. Only 5 or so more to a full set, and so far not too many repeats that I can't find somewhere to stick. Now lets hope Valley Target restocks, I bought most of em.

I saw the Snowy Rex wave at Glendale Target recently so that wave is in the distribution centers at least.

K M Toydarian
06-05-2010, 01:35 AM
I saw the Snowy Rex wave at Glendale Target recently so that wave is in the distribution centers at least.

cool, hopefully the thi sen revision case will see the light of day too.

bikerscout
06-05-2010, 09:19 AM
that CW wave is arguably harder to find than the EU wave

DarkKnight4516
06-05-2010, 02:12 PM
You and me both!

I want 5 of this furry guy.

Has anyone here found him?

CrunchyNug? BlueSnags? Bikerscout? CommTech? You guys find stuff all the time.
I saw thi-sen once two months ago at tru in burbank along with TX-20 all alone. I'm still missing sidious though. Snaged them when i saw them but havent seen them since.

K M Toydarian
06-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I saw thi-sen once two months ago at tru in burbank along with TX-20 all alone. I'm still missing sidious though. Snaged them when i saw them but havent seen them since.

Since we've seen re-carded CW on the newer cards like snowy rex, I would think Sidious would make it out again, maybe TX and Thi Sen too.

DarkKnight4516
06-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Went up to disneyland yesterday and snagged one of the star tours boarding sets. The employee decided to tell me how lucky i am because the set was limited to 1,980 the year empire came out. I just kinda looked at him baffled of his lack of attention mainly because in a big circle on the front of the package it says limited to 15,000. Explains his minimum wage i guess. They had plenty in stock to just so your not worried about getting one. two shelfs full and plenty behind the counter. Its a pretty cool set and with our season pass it took off 25% taking it down from $40 to $30 so all in all a decent deal.

JediTricks
06-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Went up to disneyland yesterday and snagged one of the star tours boarding sets. The employee decided to tell me how lucky i am because the set was limited to 1,980 the year empire came out. I just kinda looked at him baffled of his lack of attention mainly because in a big circle on the front of the package it says limited to 15,000. Explains his minimum wage i guess. They had plenty in stock to just so your not worried about getting one. two shelfs full and plenty behind the counter. Its a pretty cool set and with our season pass it took off 25% taking it down from $40 to $30 so all in all a decent deal.
Good to know, thanks. I am going towards the end of the month, so I have to try to remember that.

figrin bran
06-07-2010, 10:01 PM

What sort of pass do you have that you got 25% off? With my Premium, I only get 20%. There were not that many when I went this past Saturday either at Star Trader or the toy store on Main Street so I guess more were brought out overnight.

There may be 15,000 but I would bet that over half, maybe even 65 to 70 percent of those are for WDW as they need enough for the SW Weekends crowds and maybe even for CV.

Turbowars
06-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey guys anyone heading to SDCC that can order me an extra Gentle Giant McQ Vader bust? Mike?

DarkKnight4516
06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
What sort of pass do you have that you got 25% off? With my Premium, I only get 20%. There were not that many when I went this past Saturday either at Star Trader or the toy store on Main Street so I guess more were brought out overnight.

There may be 15,000 but I would bet that over half, maybe even 65 to 70 percent of those are for WDW as they need enough for the SW Weekends crowds and maybe even for CV.
Honestly i dont know what happened, i have premium too and i knw its usually 20% but for some reason there was the 20% discount then something that was labeled 5% holiday xd ??? i went on sunday so yeah i dont know, they must have stocked up over night at least 25-30 packs on the shelf.

JediTricks
06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I am not sure about the GG this year, I was kicking myself for giving up that Fett one last year, it looked really good, so I want to see the painted sample for this year's before I decide. If not, I suppose that could be arranged.

Target Glendale, bupkis. TRU Glendale, bupkis.

Turbowars
06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
I am not sure about the GG this year, I was kicking myself for giving up that Fett one last year, it looked really good, so I want to see the painted sample for this year's before I decide. If not, I suppose that could be arranged.

Target Glendale, bupkis. TRU Glendale, bupkis.Mike, you could had bought that Fett all day long. It never sold out. Thanks for considering it Mike. I'll be there on Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Either way I'm sure we will see each other and BS for a while.

JediTricks
06-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I thought they were selling it 1 per person, taking down personal info on them.

Turbowars
06-09-2010, 05:57 PM
I thought they were selling it 1 per person, taking down personal info on them.
They did at 1st, but when they didn't sell you could buy as many as you wanted.

bikerscout
06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
why hasn't the full list of comic con exclusives come out yet?? Or did it?? Seems like the info was released around May last year. Wth is going on?

JediTricks
06-10-2010, 03:40 PM
They did at 1st, but when they didn't sell you could buy as many as you wanted.Wish I had known, would have definitely taken one home after seeing the one I got you.

why hasn't the full list of comic con exclusives come out yet?? Or did it?? Seems like the info was released around May last year. Wth is going on?I don't remember when it was last year, but we're in June and still haven't seen that page or any panel pages yet. The info is slow. This year has been a debacle all around.

Turbowars
06-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Wish I had known, would have definitely taken one home after seeing the one I got you.

I don't remember when it was last year, but we're in June and still haven't seen that page or any panel pages yet. The info is slow. This year has been a debacle all around.
I could find on for you for a good price.

Tycho
06-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Anyone ever found the Deluxe Ironhide from ROTF? I don't know if they released him yet.

To scale everyone down ONE size, I really want a Scout Class Sideswipe, Mudflap, Skids, and BumbleBee! I might buy Jolt at that price range.

What was Jolt in the picture for (besides Chevy advertising?) - a stand-in for a Wheeljack wannabe?

Bring on Wheeljack into these movies! Geeze. (and Hound and Mirage!)

bikerscout
06-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Jolt (and Rachet) helped to make the Prime/jetfire combo. Rachet tells him to "energize!" No lines for Jolt. He was also on the airfield when Galloway gives the cease & desist order to Sgt. Lennox and team.

Tycho
06-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Technically, I know he was there. Bay just made it really easy to forget about it.

Is everyone's stores' Star Wars pegs completely empty?

My Toys R Us has a few Obi-Wans, Lisub Srrlns, an R2D2 - something like that and then like 16 empty pegs or more. With the endcap, maybe more like 28 empty pegs.

Target and Walmart have more like 8 empty pegs for Star Wars, but they are emtpy.

Hasbro collected all the SaeSee Tiins and Plo Koons presumably, unless a local collector bought them all out, waiting for shipments of new figures before he returns all of them (I've known some to do this - you fools hiding figures will not trip their auto-inventory replenishment orders and will make it even longer before new figures come in. Minimum wage employees are not trusted to make warehouse orders for new figures.)

bikerscout
06-13-2010, 08:23 PM
i haven't been any targets recently, but supposedly the same empty pegs are happening all over the country

Tycho
06-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I'm not hitting the stores right now until I read web reports of some findings.

didgeboy
06-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Has anyone else not received all of their mail aways? I have received one of two and both checks were cashed. Just received the first a few weeks ago but no sing on the second. Any thoughts or advice?

JediTricks
06-16-2010, 07:40 PM
I haven't received all my mail aways yet, just the first one. They cashed my check and I got the "delayed" card in the mail, but they can't return my check so either they'll fulfill the order or send something else.

Los Feliz TRU - zip.

CrunchyNug
06-16-2010, 08:00 PM
I haven't received either of mine. The checks have been cashed, a delay notice was sent, but still nothing yet. Keeping my hopes up!

BlueSnags
06-16-2010, 11:56 PM
All three of mine finally showed up around 2 weeks ago.

-Snags

K M Toydarian
06-17-2010, 03:47 AM
My March 31 check was cashed maybe 2 weeks ago, but nothing yet.
Saw NoHo Target put out more Wedge XWings. full price.
nothing much out there.

Maradona
06-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Still waiting for both of mine. I only received one postcard, so I wonder if I'll only receive one set. Both checks cleared. The same thing happened to me with the Indiana Jones promo. Sent in for two skeletons, both checks cleared, received one postcard, and received just one set.

darkagent
06-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Eagle Rock Target has about 20-30 Wedge X-Wings on clearance for $35.

figrin bran
06-20-2010, 11:09 AM

I saw the same at West Hollywood Target yesterday.

Maradona
06-20-2010, 11:10 AM

They must have been stuck in the back. Earlier this year, I picked up 4 for $12.48 each at West Covina. If they drop to that, I'll pick up a few more.

Tycho
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Wal-Mart and Target got in "new" Clone Wars figures.

They were all old waves. But the presence of "Snowakin" at one of my Wal-Marts made me wonder if I missed getting the Talz? I doubt it though since TRU was getting revision cases of that wave without the Talz, but including Snowakin.

At Target I did get another Commander Gree. I'd needed one more and I was glad to find him.

wampaslayr
06-23-2010, 12:48 AM
HTS has the new Legends figs up on their site as well as the new CW wave. Aurra and Pre Vizsla are sold out, though.

Tycho
06-23-2010, 12:51 AM
HTS has the new Legends figs up on their site as well as the new CW wave. Aurra and Pre Vizsla are sold out, though.

I saw them earlier and I believe they were Pre-Sale and not going to ship until August anyway.

JediTricks
06-23-2010, 02:19 PM
I saw them earlier and I believe they were Pre-Sale and not going to ship until August anyway.
Tycho is correct.

The Cloud Car and first wave Vintage figures are also listed for preorder.

BlueSnags
06-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Vintage and the latest CW wave are IN STOCK at TRU.com.

Vintage are listed at $9.99, but they are offering free shipping if you spend $50. Ended up grabbing a few CW figs (Aurra, Pre, Mando Soldier) and a few openers from the Vintage wave (already have a case on the way from RazorsEdge).

http://www.toysrus.com/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=2274249&cp=2273442&viewAll=whatsNew&pmc=1

-Snags

Maradona
06-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Went to grad-nite at Disneyland on Thursday. The Tomorrowland gift shop had 24 Star Tours gift sets left. They also had Wave 4 of the Disney/SW mash up figures, the R2-MK droid with Jedi Mickey, and a 2-pack with Mickey and Minnie as Luke/Leia - this was the only one I passed on, since it was a repack of wave 1 figures.

Chaddymac
06-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Burbank TRU had 6 clone wars figures on the pegs, with no cases of them or legacy in back. Wow.

figrin bran
06-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Vintage and the latest CW wave are IN STOCK at TRU.com.

Vintage are listed at $9.99, but they are offering free shipping if you spend $50. Ended up grabbing a few CW figs (Aurra, Pre, Mando Soldier) and a few openers from the Vintage wave (already have a case on the way from RazorsEdge).

http://www.toysrus.com/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=2274249&cp=2273442&viewAll=whatsNew&pmc=1

-Snags

thanks for the tip! The Vintage figures are also BOGO though you can only buy 2 this way per order.

bikerscout
06-27-2010, 01:00 AM
good tip, but many of the descriptions are cut off & there's no picture for a lot of em

BlueSnags
06-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Right on. Just grabbed an in-stock Twin Pod Cloud Car, Snowspeeder and a CW Mandalorian Guard for $54 shipped. Screw Hasbro's 8/6 Street Date.

-Snags

Tycho
06-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't know if they will ship before 8/6 anyway, BlueSnags.

Let us know if the charges from TRU show up on your card. They typically won't bill until they are ready to ship.

My guess is that they won't be moving on this in July at all - unless perhaps close to the very end of the month.

They get the sales by putting this stuff up now.

It is comforting to take care of it - as I want 3 Cloud Cars for example. But if these are just being treated as pre-orders (even if it says "in-stock") I'm not optimistic.

BlueSnags
06-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Just checked my orders online and it looks like are getting ready to ship. Should be getting a shipping notice tomorrow.

If for some reason TRU tries to pull some kind of "preorder" crap, the orders will be cancelled in short order.

-Snags

JediTricks
06-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I ordered the Snowspeeder, Cloud Car, and CW Grievous today. Cloud Car was half price and shipping was free thanks to Grievous. Much of the other stuff was sold out even though I had it in my cart yesterday while I thought about it. Because my items are CW SKUs and not TVC, I'm hoping they'll ship no matter what.

DarkKnight4516
06-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone was still thinking about getting the tru tie interceptor still, Ive been putting this one off but since everything is buy one get one 50% off i thought id see if anyone wanted to go half on 2. PM me if your interested. It would come out to like $41 a piece including tax. Hit me up.

Tycho
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I ordered the Snowspeeder, Cloud Car, and CW Grievous today. Cloud Car was half price and shipping was free thanks to Grievous.

I don't understand.

If you buy a figure you get half off any other SW item with the purchase of a figure?

They're offering free shipping right now?

But TRU's vehicles are over-priced next to what Wal-Mart and Target will offer them for, right?

Much of the other stuff was sold out

I don't think I'll bother checking on it right now then. This stuff will be available for sure by August and then-on through Christmas no doubt.

I'm re-doing my bedroom furnishings, hiring movers to bring large display cases I own out of my storage, and I bought the James Bond movie collection. I've spent a lot of money recently - plus San Diego Padres games are on-going.

JediTricks
06-28-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't understand.

If you buy a figure you get half off any other SW item with the purchase of a figure?

They're offering free shipping right now?

But TRU's vehicles are over-priced next to what Wal-Mart and Target will offer them for, right?

I don't think I'll bother checking on it right now then. This stuff will be available for sure by August and then-on through Christmas no doubt.

I'm re-doing my bedroom furnishings, hiring movers to bring large display cases I own out of my storage, and I bought the James Bond movie collection. I've spent a lot of money recently - plus San Diego Padres games are on-going.
The purchase was buy 1 SW toy, get another half-off. That counted for the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car. Then separately they had free shipping on any purchase over $49, so when I added in Grievous my pre-tax total came to $49.27.

As for why I plunked down $28 TRU price for the Snowspeeder instead of $20-$25 for the WM/Target pricing we've seen lately, first off it looks like pricing is going up in August on "starfighter" class vehicles - Hasbro has been talking about it creeping up to $25 for over a year now, and Target usually has 'em now for $22 or $23. Second, the Snowspeeder is short-packed, 1 per case and only in the original wave, not its 2 revisions, and I absolutely don't want to miss that one. Third, with the discount it made it work out better than if they were $22 a piece, the bogo 50% vehicles worked out to $42. It absolutely wasn't worth $2 difference if Target & WM have them for $20 because the odds are good that they won't have the Snowspeeder anyway, and it'd take less than 30 miles driving for me to waste it in gas. Finally, they won't be out for another month.

They had Grievous 2 and the Mandalorian security officer from that CW wave, I took the Mando out of my cart because I am limited in funds and he's not a must-have for me right now. The day prior, I had Pre whatsisface and Aurra Sing in my cart as well, but waited too long. I also had TVC Luke & Leia in my cart, but at $10 a pop I wasn't likely to pull the trigger on them.

That said, Thi Sen, CW Sidious, TX-20, and the cloaked Magnaguard have been impossible to get the last few months, so missing stuff when you have the chance is never a good idea, never know if it'll ship again. Have you seen the CW deluxe fig & vehicle AT-RT? I haven't, it's been on pegs for a while. I hope I don't miss the new Mando speeder and Cad Bane speeder in the line, but it's tough to know what to expect.

Tycho
06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the tip. Yeah. I needed an AT-RT so I have seen it and bought 1.

JediTricks
06-28-2010, 05:19 PM
My order shipped!

bikerscout
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Transformers fans: If anyone local wants to take part in TRU's BOGO50% TF sale and get 2 Leader class Starscreams I'm down to split. Should've posted this Sat. nite when i saw it. Plmk.

BlueSnags
06-28-2010, 06:29 PM
My order shipped!

Looks like both my orders shipped today as well. So much for street dates. Good times ahead!

-Snags:laugh:

Turbowars
06-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Looks like both my orders shipped today as well. So much for street dates. Good times ahead!

-Snags:laugh:
Oh crap all my stuff did too! I found Dengar on there today so I got another Cloud Car and Snowspeeder to get the free shipping. Pretty cool guys.Looks like I wont have to go into a store, but I will just to see those beautiful cards on the pegs! The 70's and 80's all over again. I can't believe it took this long for Hasbro to listen to us about these cards.

figrin bran
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
My TRU order has shipped as well!

Plus I got registration for Friday at SDCC (I had only been able to get Thursday) so now I don't have to fret about missing out on SW day.

JediTricks
06-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Transformers fans: If anyone local wants to take part in TRU's BOGO50% TF sale and get 2 Leader class Starscreams I'm down to split. Should've posted this Sat. nite when i saw it. Plmk.Good idea! I'll do this with you. Finding it was really annoying with their dopey naming system. I've ordered them, the pair come to $74.06, so half that is $37.03 after tax (free shipping!). I'll PM you the tracking number when it ships.

Tycho
06-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks to JT I was able to order 2 Starscreams and 2 Cloud Cars.

I also bought 2 Mandalorian Warrior figures. I'll be wanting to get 6 total and still could get more, but at this point, I'm not trading gas money for shipping money. I'd be spending more on shipping if I ordered any more.

Apparently you can only get the discount on 2 FIGURES per order at any given time.

Learn from my mistake: I bought my 2 Starscreams and 2 Cloud Cars on the same order.

I should have separated them and then gotten free shipping and the discount on 2 separate orders, one with 2 Cloud Cars, and one with 2 Starscreams.

So for those of you ordering 2 of each ship or Transformer to share - split your Cloud Cars and Snowspeeder orders up if you can (and still get the shipping discount) and then order your figures this way as well - with part of your figure order with each.

I could go back and cancel my orders and reorder them etc but I'd only be saving 3 bucks or so and it's not worth it to me as I am really about to go to sleep.

But then I'm not collecting the "new vintage" stuff, so my figure orders are going to be very limited this year.

I DO want a third Cloud Car, so I would double-up with someone else here. I've been trying to get JT on the phone to do that with but he went to sleep early and turned his phone off. So whoever gets a hold of me first - especially if you're coming down to San Diego for Comic Con - you can just pick your ship up or have me bring it to you (Figrin, CrunchyNug, TurboWars - there's a few of you from LA that I've met in person and others amongst you whom I have very good trade history with - so please consider it).

I'm going to slip my own Clone Wars figure order in with our stuff, too - but I'm not buying any Vintage Collection with it so that can be "all you." (2 Cloud Car Pilots anyone?)

Meanwhile I had a dream (and yes, this story definitely belongs in THIS thread) that I walked into the toy isle at TRU and there were pegs upon pegs of vintage carded figures. In my dream, these might have been real 80's vintage figures, but it had been hard to tell. However, now this dream is about to become true!

"Premonitions...It is the future you see. Old friends long gone."

Yes indeed. I think I feel the Force.

Remember, when I was in the hospital and on heavy drugs, I could levitate myself. So it's possible I'm a real live Dark Jedi! :yes:

Think about it.

bikerscout
06-29-2010, 07:09 AM
my brain is swollen from Tycho's post. :(

Jeditricks -- are u splitting LC Screamer with tycho or me?? couldn't tell. For that price, I'm definitely in. Plmk. thx.

Tycho
06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
It's not with me because I need 2 LC Starscreams for myself - one to display in each mode.

Tycho's famous motto: "They're Transformers. They're not meant to be transformed."

TRANSLATION: "It's possible that Hasbro (or Takara Masterpiece) could put out some high-priced pieces of very low quality and I don't want to spend a lot of change on something only to break it trying to force small parts one time too often. As a fan of displaying my cool stuff - I'll forgo playing with it and just buy 2."

JediTricks
06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
my brain is swollen from Tycho's post. :(

Jeditricks -- are u splitting LC Screamer with tycho or me?? couldn't tell. For that price, I'm definitely in. Plmk. thx.It's with you, bikerscout, which is why I quoted your post before. "Definitely in" is good, I can't believe how much money I've spent with TRU the past few days - sorry electric bill, you don't get paid this month. :D

DarkKnight4516
06-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Saw the first sign of the clone wars blue sky packaging at tru today. Only new packaged lightsabers though. Were getting close.

bikerscout
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
It's with you, bikerscout, which is why I quoted your post before. "Definitely in" is good, I can't believe how much money I've spent with TRU the past few days - sorry electric bill, you don't get paid this month. :D

just making sure. Alright. Cool!! Plmk when it comes in. Maybe we can meet at your favorite Los Feliz TRU.

I wish they'd restock EU wave. What a raw deal.

I hope grimlock doesn't come out this week --since I'm gettin SS I could use a break on the wallet. (For a little bit. If I see the box though, LOOOK OUT!!! :twisted:)

Tycho
06-30-2010, 03:24 AM
I got my "#22 David Eckstein" official Padres jersey in the mail today.

That cost me enough like I was buying a large premium vehicle for my Star Wars collection or something.

But it's something I really wanted besides toys.

DarkKnight4516
06-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Scored the entire 1st wave of vintage at my local tru this morn. already on the shelf when i arrived along with vehicles and wave 1 of day or so old picked through clone wars blue package repacks and new saga legends. all which i passed on because moneys tight and my vehicles are already on the way from tru.com. looks like its time to put back on your hunting cap.

JediTricks
06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
just making sure. Alright. Cool!! Plmk when it comes in. Maybe we can meet at your favorite Los Feliz TRU. Sure thing. :thumbsup:

I wish they'd restock EU wave. What a raw deal.Yeah, Hasbro claimed more was on the way, but so far, nuthin, sucks.

I hope grimlock doesn't come out this week --since I'm gettin SS I could use a break on the wallet. (For a little bit. If I see the box though, LOOOK OUT!!! :twisted:)Totally! Especially when it's bogo like that.

Turbowars
06-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Scored the entire 1st wave of vintage at my local tru this morn. already on the shelf when i arrived along with vehicles and wave 1 of day or so old picked through clone wars blue package repacks and new saga legends. all which i passed on because moneys tight and my vehicles are already on the way from tru.com. looks like its time to put back on your hunting cap.
Great, I'm sure a certain someone here cleaned the store out. :thumbsup: So was the AT-AT there?

bikerscout
06-30-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm going to assume that TRU won't get the AT-AT until they get the vintage box versions. I could be really wrong though

DarkKnight -- how much were Vintage? 9.99 like TRU.com?? or lower?

Tycho
07-01-2010, 04:53 AM
My TRU got (probably) EVERYTHING in but would NOT stock Star Wars claiming it was slated for an August 1 street date.

I did see and get a lot of Transformers stuff:

Legends Ravage (did not buy but gave to a kid who was really happy)
Deluxe Ironhide (I was so glad I snatched this up)
Leader Starscream (I did not buy as I ordered 2 from the website)
Voyager SeaSpray (I jumped on. I don't know if I'll keep him but I like him!)

A military line's Black Hawk Helicopter for 3 3/4" figures.
All the A-Team figures to go in it.
The A-Team Van to fly over.
Some SA military figures that looked really good to fight The A-Team

2 new sets of bed sheets
a new bed skirt
new pillow shams
a new duvee

I'm turning my bedroom into an ultra-modern style decorated in black as I will be bringing into it Coruscant diorama displays and Christophis from Clone Wars.

I also purchased a apple-walnut chicken salad and a qaesedia.

I got tickets to the Padres game for the 4th of July.

I bought cat litter and changed my cat boxes.

I really need to get some sleep.

DarkKnight4516
07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm going to assume that TRU won't get the AT-AT until they get the vintage box versions. I could be really wrong though

DarkKnight -- how much were Vintage? 9.99 like TRU.com?? or lower?

No ATAT's plus id probably wait until the vintage package on that. The vintage were 9.99 , CW and legends were 7.49 , vehicles 27.99. I split all my transactions down to 2 items so i could take major advantage of the buy on get one 50 off. they didnt seem to have a problem with that.

figrin bran
07-01-2010, 10:54 AM
TRU.com cancelled Dengar from my order so that's one more that I'll have to hunt for.

Chaddymac
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
TRU.com cancelled Dengar from my order so that's one more that I'll have to hunt for.
I THINK they shipped my Dengar. It's hard to tell since they just call him "Vintage Figure #1".

Anybody seen the Alien Bespin Wing Guard from the Exp Universe Set? He's the only guy I haven't found yet.

DarkKnight4516
07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Stopped at the same tru again today restocked the vintage and put out 4 cases of repacked cw that only included the new grevous and no pre, aurra, or mando gaurd. and 1 legends wave which i picked up the deco updated bounty hunters.

Tycho
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Anybody seen the Alien Bespin Wing Guard from the Exp Universe Set? He's the only guy I haven't found yet.

Utriss M'Toc? I got multiples of him about a month and a half ago. I haven't seen that wave since. I traded my friends for all but 1 Utriss M'Toc that I kept for my Bespin diorama.

As for splitting your transactions - I didn't need to do that. I asked about it, and as long as I bought pairs of things, they gave me 1/2 off every 2nd item - from Transformers anyway. I didn't find any SW that I wanted on my last trip.

Chaddymac
07-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Utriss M'Toc? I got multiples of him about a month and a half ago. I haven't seen that wave since. I traded my friends for all but 1 Utriss M'Toc that I kept for my Bespin diorama.

That's the one. Damn.

DarkKnight4516
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Hit A second tru and found.out where there is a cakeload of vintage n cw revision 1 n 2 avail that they will sell pm me for location. Trying to avoid waking the scalpers.

Tycho
07-01-2010, 07:35 PM
[To DarkKnight in a PM:]

"Hi DarkKnight, I am Unemployed-Cheap-Basterd. I am not a scalper. I am an eBay Enterpreneur.

There's a difference. I have my own postal scale at home! :yes:

I just saw your post momentarily ago when I returned from taking public transportation to Ross and Kohl's in order to buy out their entire Star Wars toy inventory.

I am not the kind of low-life that regular forum members here deplore. I only have 3,000,000,000 positive feedbacks on eBay because I once stumbled upon that website after I accidentally found 600 Darth Maul action figures in April of 1999. I was kind and only let them go for $400 each to parents who were buying them for their small children.

Please PM the location of the Vintage and new CW figures you found and also let me know if there is parking for the U-haul I will need to rent in order to make a productive trip to this store. (Also, do you know if they accept food stamps?)

By the way, if you help me out, I would love to send you FREE SaeSee Tiin and Plo Koon figures if you'll just pick up the shipping & handling for me.

PS - do you know if there are any extremely rare figures from Twilight: Eclipse? It was just a passing curiousity of mine...

Dark Knight, if you don't know me very well, I was just kidding with my post.

JediTricks
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Went on a SW and TF run around noon...

TRU Los Feliz - 1 animated Cody in new CW packaging.

TRU Monrovia - 4 old CW figures in new packaging, old SWTFs in new packaging, 2x leader-class TF Hooker Prime, 8 each Generations War for Cybertron Prime & Bumblebee (stupid f'ing scalpers snatching up a mountain of Thrust and Drift figures).

TRU Burbank - both new SWTFs (Yoda/Nu-class shuttle & Rex/Freeco bike), 2x Generations Thrust, 1 War for Cybertron Prime, Hunt for Decepticons Hooker Prime & Deluxe Jetblade (repaint of Dirge) & 1x Legends Ravage, a veritable mountain of TF Power Core Combiner 2packs.

I bought Legends Ravage, PCC Huffer w/ Caliburst, Generations Thrust, WfC Prime and Bumblebee. Thanks to the bogo50% deal, it wasn't too hard on the ol' wallet.

BlueSnags
07-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Received a case of vintage in the mail today. The cards look great (although quite a few of them were banged up) but I'm not impressed with the figures for the most part.

-Snags

Maradona
07-02-2010, 12:26 AM
I visited TRU Azusa today and found the Masters of the Universe/DC Universe Classics 2-packs along with several other DCUC 2-packs, some that were over a year old. Two scalpers, who had loaded a shopping cart with various Transformers and Cars, said the stocking clerk had just put them out. There were several, so I, given my natural contempt for scalpers, wondered why they hadn't taken them. To this, they responded that they already had 8 sets of the 2-packs that they were waiting for prices to rise to sell. One of them was on the phone with a crony who was supposed to be at Montebello TRU but for some reason was not. The whole scene was very much like something out of a documentary.

bikerscout
07-02-2010, 02:08 AM
TRU runs today:

Woodland hills TRU - saw 1 WFC Prime. Saw CW figs (Ahsoka, Cody, Rex, snow Rex, BD etc.) in the new packaging including 2 of the new Grievous. Bought both since it was BOGO50%. Only need one though. If someone wants to take the other off my hands -its yours for $6.16. Very good card. I'll take the other card, since i'll open anyway.

VN TRU: saw Battle hooks LC Prime, Powercore combiners, new Legends class bb & prime, deluxe sea attack Ravage, battle blades BB, and Jetblade.
SW: saw 1 more new CW General Grievous and stashed. PM for location. They also had remnants of Saga Legends in new packaging.

Oh ya, Big big shoutout to Commtech for hookin me up with a GI Joe Wraith tonight!!! Tech is the man!!!!!!

someone take my extra! (hopefully b4 goin for the stash) pls!!! :shocked:

Tycho
07-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Has anyone found more Thi-Sen (the big Talz from CW) or the TX-Tactical Droid? CW Sidious?

I've never gotten these. I also need more FireFighter Droids (let my friend have them thinking I'd find more).

bikerscout
07-02-2010, 03:19 AM
didn't see those. Only saw TX-20 a few months ago. But....... <waves hand> I know some SSGers who want the new CW Grievous................ 'you want the Grievous' 'he is the droid you are looking for...' :D

Commtech
07-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey dudes... how's it been? I'm still collecting but mostly 12" figures. Here's a picture of a custom 12" Scorch that a guy from the UK makes. He's on a Hot Toys True Type body for good articulation. I've always wanted a 12" Scorch and I think it'll be a while for Sideshow to make one. Really happy with this guy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/IMG_1008.jpg

Anyway, good luck with the hunt, everyone!

Turbowars
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey dudes... how's it been? I'm still collecting but mostly 12" figures. Here's a picture of a custom 12" Scorch that a guy from the UK makes. He's on a Hot Toys True Type body for good articulation. I've always wanted a 12" Scorch and I think it'll be a while for Sideshow to make one. Really happy with this guy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/edidu/IMG_1008.jpg

Anyway, good luck with the hunt, everyone!That's pretty bad @ss! Is that Snow's?

Commtech
07-02-2010, 07:38 PM
That's pretty bad @ss! Is that Snow's?

Yes. He's good, isn't he?

Hey Matt, how are your 1/6 scale customs going? That Gonk looked pretty good too!

Chaddymac
07-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I got my first TRU order today. I don't care, but the vintage figures all had bent cards. No creases, though.

figrin bran
07-02-2010, 10:06 PM
What's going on with our local stores?

First that knife attack at West Hollywood Target and then today, a shoplifting suspect at Burbank K-Mart somehow seized a gun away from two officers and shot at them.

bikerscout
07-02-2010, 10:29 PM
why don't those attacks happen when db scalpers are in the store?? :razz::rolleyes::p

Jango Speck
07-02-2010, 11:19 PM
What's going on with our local stores?

First that knife attack at West Hollywood Target and then today, a shoplifting suspect at Burbank K-Mart somehow seized a gun away from two officers and shot at them.

Two officers were shot- by a handcuffed shoplifter. Something is really strange about that.

Tycho
07-02-2010, 11:37 PM
That's very sad actually.

I ordered 12" Hammerhead from Sideshow and also got Terminator Sarah Connor (T-1000 pretending to be is the actual one I ordered as it looks a lot better than the regular Sarah) and (2) T-1000's so I can display them in alternate ways.

I'm going to look for good prices on John and Arnold before I hop on the wait lists. - Oh for the Endoskeletons and Marcus Wright as well.

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 02:33 AM
TRU Los Feliz had a bunch of new packaged old CW figures as well as some new Saga Legends - Jango is a mess. They also had 1 new CW Grievous which I bought, this figure is a gummy bear, I have a thread about that in the CW forum. They also had all 4 new vehicles plus duplicates of the Cloud Car and blue tank, I bought the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car, both quite boss and both just a little smaller than the vintage originals (the Cloud Car seems much smaller, but it's really just narrower). The Snowspeeder is very nice, but has 12 stickers for the interior, the nerve!!! :p

For TF, they had the new Hunt for the Decepticons figures, I bought 1 Dlx Ironhide. They also had just 3 Power Core Combiners 2packs (2 Huffer, 1 Searchlight). Since it was Bogo50%, I decided to risk it and buy another PCC pack, Searchlight. Both these figures suck, plain and simple.

In a few days, I'll have another Grievous, Snowspeeder, and Cloud Car. If anybody wants any/all of these, LMK and we'll work something out. TRU's return policy regarding this BOGO might make things difficult if I break up the set, so I'm not sure what to do yet, but I'd rather one of you guys get that Snowspeeder than a scalper, they're 1 per case and not in either upcoming revision.

just making sure. Alright. Cool!! Plmk when it comes in. Maybe we can meet at your favorite Los Feliz TRU. They have shipped. It'll probably be another week, they do something sleazy at UPS basic, they ship it to the city and then hand it over to the local Post Office to process and do final delivery, which tacks on 3 days or so.

Jango Speck
07-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm interested in the new Vintage stuff- if anyone finds some, please let me know.

JediTricks
07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Could use a TF stash on Generations Drift, and a SW stash of... everything? ;) I actually don't know if I'm willing to pay TRU's $10 for Vintage Collection, so the only stuff I'm still looking for is CW Magnaguard, and TX-20 I suppose.

Commtech
07-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I ordered 12" Hammerhead from Sideshow and also got Terminator Sarah Connor (T-1000 pretending to be is the actual one I ordered as it looks a lot better than the regular Sarah) and (2) T-1000's so I can display them in alternate ways.

I'm going to look for good prices on John and Arnold before I hop on the wait lists. - Oh for the Endoskeletons and Marcus Wright as well.

That's great Tycho!! I mostly collect 1/6 scale now. I'm a little bummed right now because I missed both attendee and non-attendee chances to get the SDCC 12" exclusive Predator from Hot Toys. That thing sold out like in 10 seconds (no kidding) both days. Oh well...

Anyway, can't wait to get Hammerhead.:thumbsup:

bikerscout
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Rem., i stashed a new CW Grievous in VN. Pm for location. Surprised no one has bit. (Found him last Thurs.)

figrin bran
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Rem., i stashed a new CW Grievous in VN. Pm for location. Surprised no one has bit. (Found him last Thurs.)

Well, as JT pointed out, it really isn't that great of a figure. I can vouch for that as well.

JediTricks
07-07-2010, 02:12 AM
TRU Los Feliz had another new Grievous.

On the TF front, they had 2x Drift (I bought one), a few voyager Seasprays, and a couple leader-class Starscreams.

Speaking of which, Bikerscout, the tracking data looks like it'll be delivered Thursday, it's in LA now but TRU's cheap UPS doesn't deliver to me, they deliver to the post office who then delivers it to me. I'm busy Friday afternoon and evening, as well as Saturday, so we'll have to meet up some time around that.

bikerscout
07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Well, as JT pointed out, it really isn't that great of a figure. I can vouch for that as well.

It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 2008 version. I know it doesn't have 4 arms or a cape, but I don't find it to be that crappy. What do u mean?

JT: i'm working all wknd. (evenings) I will make myself available though (save for late morning Sun. Wanna watch the World Cup final). Hit me up.

I went to that TRU late yesterday and they had a few WFC dlx Bumblebees, Seasprays, Dlx Thrust (x2, but 1 or both may've been bought -i met another collector who wanted him), Night Ops Rachet, Dlx Ironhide, and 1 LC SS. He was up high & i didn't get to see him. :( I have a feeling we'll see a glut of those Battle hook Primes --looks like no one is buyin him. No Drifts left that I saw.
SW -- a few of those new GG that you all hate, other CW in new packaging, including Snow Rex x2 or x3 and new pkg Saga Legends. Also had Snowspeeder and Cloud Car in new pkg. Too bad no vintage, if they did put it out, it was all scooped up.

*p.s. --anyone's who's ordered & received pre vizsla (mando) from TRU --could u pm me asap please??? thnx.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM
It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 2008 version. I know it doesn't have 4 arms or a cape, but I don't find it to be that crappy. What do u mean? I mean that this new Grievous is a gummy bear: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=42803
possibly the rubberiest figure I've seen in the entire line. The sculpting is decent, but the figure cannot stand on its own or hold poses thanks to very pliable limbs. Other problems include the shoulder pads flying off at the blink of an eye, and no weathering. It's good in theory, but the end result is a massive annoyance in my book.

JT: i'm working all wknd. (evenings) I will make myself available though (save for late morning Sun. Wanna watch the World Cup final). Hit me up.Well, if it shows up today (which I'm hoping it will, it was tendered to the post office yesterday afternoon which is plenty of time to process and deliver), I could meet up with you later this evening, or early tomorrow, maybe Saturday morning. LMK what works for you from that.

I went to that TRU late yesterday and they had a few WFC dlx Bumblebees, Seasprays, Dlx Thrust (x2, but 1 or both may've been bought -i met another collector who wanted him), Night Ops Rachet, Dlx Ironhide, and 1 LC SS. He was up high & i didn't get to see him. :( I have a feeling we'll see a glut of those Battle hook Primes --looks like no one is buyin him. No Drifts left that I saw. Yeah, Hooker Prime is destined to shelfwarm. That blackened face dooms it even further IMO.

SW -- a few of those new GG that you all hate, other CW in new packaging, including Snow Rex x2 or x3 and new pkg Saga Legends. Also had Snowspeeder and Cloud Car in new pkg. Too bad no vintage, if they did put it out, it was all scooped up.I don't hate it, I just can't stand having a cool figure that's utterly unusable in my collection. It's close to be good, but what doesn't work absolutely crushes it. The Snowspeeder, Grievous, and Cloud Car at Los Feliz that day were actually the shipment I got from TRU.com that I returned to that store for money (I had bought the same pieces the day before when I found them there, not realizing how the UPS to post office thing worked).

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
It was indeed Starscream, I have mine right here on my desk, and Bikerscout's is still in box. Oddly, the tape they used on the packaging for both is very weak and coming off in spots. And TRU used zero packing materials, thanks so much there, jerks.

Screamer is very cool, I'll post a review in the TF thread later today.

Bikerscout, please PM me when you have an idea of when you want to get together.