PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Sean the Hutt
11-06-2010, 11:47 PM
LMAO....
Does Sanchez know he is Sanchez? Or is he just oblivious to his life and the scrutiny it is under? I have the time, I want to make a documentary...

Tycho
11-07-2010, 01:51 AM
I want to see these characters, too. I want to some day make a toy hunting excursion up to LA just to see these clowns.

Besides Dirty Sanchez, there are:

Headphones
Plumber Bob
Hootie

and others that the LA guys have given names to. I always wanted them to snap pictures!

bikerscout
11-07-2010, 11:22 PM
stashed 2 CW mando BPs at sepulveda target tonite (different spots). PM for location.

bkusna
11-08-2010, 08:04 AM
stashed 2 CW mando BPs at sepulveda target tonite (different spots). PM for location.

HASBRO has stashed wave 3 behind a dumpster in Montana.....

El Chuxter
11-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Y'know, I don't want to pass judgment or point fingers, but it's pretty low to insult someone in a thread he won't even be looking at since he lives halfway across the country. That's not cool at all.

bkusna
11-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Y'know, I don't want to pass judgment or point fingers, but it's pretty low to insult someone in a thread he won't even be looking at since he lives halfway across the country. That's not cool at all.
who got insulted?????

DarkKnight4516
11-08-2010, 02:30 PM
HASBRO has stashed wave 3 behind a dumpster in Montana.....

If we could only be so lucky right. waste of time shelf warmers is all those will be.

Also i got my deluxe tac droid with tank and clone with freeco friday from hts and they split shipped so my plo koon fighter and xanadu blood will be here today.

And P.S. only scalpers and 40 year olds living in their moms basement get offended

JediTricks
11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
who got insulted?????
Your comment about Slicker, #8241, totally unwarranted.

bkusna
11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Your comment about Slicker, #8241, totally unwarranted.
that was just in response to his multiple insults and unnecessary bashing from other threads....

BlueSnags
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Managed to snag a case of in-stock ROTJ wave from SWS today before they sold out. Hoping to have this wave in-hand in a day or two...

-Snags

Sean the Hutt
11-09-2010, 02:14 AM
nothing new out there...but I was thinking about the nicknames....I can only imagine what people think of others in the store at ant given time. I am sure that over the years of star wars collecting, a lot of people i am sure have looked at me strange or have thought who knows about me. I can live with it.
Like I said, I am curious as to who can actually make money reselling toys in todays economy. I don't think it is just a case of buying and re-selling toys for a few bucks. I mean it has to have some tight margins. SO, is it more like an addiction? In which case, then i can at least relate to one of these dudes. He just likes buying toys, but can't really afford to.
I could care less about insulting anyone...too badly, anyway. I am curious as to the psychology of it all.
I have what I am looking to collect, so I am bored, waiting for a Jabba's sail barge or something cool to come out.
Shoot give me a sail barge, a death star, and a jabba's palace, and I would probably be done collecting!
Happy collecting

Tycho
11-09-2010, 03:29 AM
This is ridiculous that I have to post about this - and publically - however:

bkusna is perhaps a new member. But my interactions with him have been great. I don't want to see him in trouble, nor offending other people here who have been on these boards for a long time.

SLICKER, El Chuxter, JediTricks and plenty of others here on these boards are personal friends of mine - who I know in real life, off these boards - though this site has been so great to all of us for so many years, we all count it as the origination of our friendships (we met here, first - then at conventions or during vacations, visits, etc).

Please don't delete this post. Just everyone - especially with whatever's going on between Slicker and bkusna - knock it off.

Like I said, I haven't met bkusna personally, but in my interactions with him, he seems cool.

I don't get into all of the other threads where stuff has been going on, so maybe I don't know the extent of it.

But bkusna - this site is very friendly to new members and I hope you will feel welcome here.

Slicker - you can phone me about whatevers going on, but isn't it just easier to either ignore someone or make friends with them? Let the site grow and bring in new members. Us old guys sometimes need a reminder of the enthusiasm newbies might get when they purchase their first Ponda Baba figure (next resculpt forthcoming) - or Dr. Evazan. See for my part (not a CARDED collector), I have a version of this figure, and don't really want to update. I need to save my money for multiple IKEA "detolf" cabinets which are like $70 each and will have me spending like $350 just for venues in which to display the stuff I already have. I don't want to spare even $7 more for Evazan when I have him. So I really have nothing to post on this matter as it doesn't serve the community any better for me to write about how down I am with Hasbro's selections when I'm waiting for Cliegg Lars, Jocasta Nu, new Yuuzhan Vong figures, Padmes, etc.

To everyone: usually - if I don't have something nice to post, I won't post it.

Now you guys should all cool it.

JediTricks and the other mods probably want to enjoy the site, too - not babysit. Besides - I personally elected MYSELF to annoy JediTricks and I should be thinking up a really RETARDED question for his Q&A columns (that in reality, I know he works very, very hard for all of us, on) and not playing forum-cop when I'm not even a mod.

But my interests are:

standing up for my friends like Slicker
helping the site grow by welcoming new members like bkusna
not having to see negativity like members being suspended or banned because of behavior issues (btw - suspensions read "banned" too though they are temporary)

So let's all just get along.

JT: my RETARDED Q&A submission:

Now that Hasbro has been doing vintage cards to harken back to nostalgic days of collecting in the 70's and 80's, can we get a deliberately cross-eyed paint job collection so that we may also remember every time Hasbro got sloppy with Quality Control? The human figures should come out first, because they always looked the worst with crossed eyes! :crazed:

Sean the Hutt
11-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Amen Tycho...let the collecting continue...

"detolf" you say? I will have to check these out.

bikerscout
11-09-2010, 08:44 AM
with that being said Tycho, I do not like my posts being hijacked with lame, nonsensical jokes. (bkusna's reply). I'm trying to help people out. Not get sniped for no reason by tuskens.

the mando BPs are still up for grabs. PM for location

bkusna
11-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Tycho- totally agree...I post new sales and local finds ,and all I get in return is lame pessimistic bashing from the "know-it-all's"...I'm sure alot of members appreciate the opportunity to save money ,but the few skeptics out there try to ruin it for us.....
Most of my negative comments are just directed responses to the childlike bashing....

Thanks Tycho:thumbsup:

Tycho
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure what was going bkusna, because like I said, I haven't seen it all.

Yeah, hopefully your "deals on SW sales" posts are good. Hopefully they weren't considered SPAM (like if they were all for one e-tailer or something - however, a good deal is a good deal, but make sure it's a good deal ;) )

bikerscout: you're cool. We've traded multiple times before. I'm sorry to hear your posts got smart-arse responses. Maybe someone was just trying to be funny and because they're new it wasn't taken like that. I've been on the site for a long time, and we've been friendly - so I take it that if I posted that "you look like a monkey, riding a horse backwards, while eating a stolen hubcap with pizza sauce on it," I probably wouldn't even need to add the "j/k" because you already "know" me. And btw, hubcaps are better with ketchup. Don't waste the pizza sauce.

Sean The Hutt: I don't know why, but IKEA calls these vertical-stand-up display cases, that are almost all glass, "detolfs." Other places call them "curios" but I've seen that name very liberally used to describe the small wall-hanger cabinets (that I wish I could find more of). The detolfs have 3 shelves in them (with the floor making a 4th area) where you can easily display the 12" SideShow / Hasbro (or Medicom, Kotobukya, or Hot Toys) figures. The wall-hanger ones I got at Wal-Mart some years ago. I'd love to find more of them, but haven't seen them for years. They're perfect for making small scenes with 3 3/4" figures like displaying Watto's shop with Qui-Gon, Padme, JarJar, and R2 visiting Watto and Anakin with a few surrounding droid parts and maybe R1-G4 and some pitdroids stuck in there for good measure. A detolf shelf is holding ALL my 12" bounty hunters for another example.

FINALLY IN JUST FOUND NEWS:

My Embos, Kid Fetts, Shaak-Ti, and Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter arrived from HasbroToyShop.com.

They used 3 different boxes to ship it to me! I was very surprised to get so many packages! I haven't had time to open even the boxes they came in yet, but as this was the only thing I ordered from HTS recently, that's what I assume is in the boxes stacked by my door.

JediTricks
11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I don't want to see 1 more post about who said what and etc. filling up these threads, this is beyond childish schoolyard nonsense. Enough of it, it stops now.

Tycho
11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Then changing the subject, but very relevant for Los Angeles residents specifically:

There will be a New huge Civil War battle re-enactment with thousands of infantry, heavy artillery and cavalry this coming weekend, November 13th and 14th, at Moor Park, near Los Angeles, California! Post if you'd like to observe, taking part in the Living History education program, or if your brave and want to take up arms and actually join in the battles. You will be able to borrow a uniform and a rifle and be trained for this event.

You'll also be able to buy clothing, weapons, and equipment on-site if you care to.

Videos of past battles I've been in are posted here: (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joshua-Adam-Weiselberg-The-Author/117114551640217)

One of my platoon's squads' sergeants is also a Stormtrooper-member of the 501st.

We will also be able to hook up Los Angelinos with their local, respective 6th Federal Regiment (US - California) companies who train in or close to LA.

I'm with G-Company (San Diego) - however, for your first time, you'll train and learn formations and firing-for-effect with us as you get started (if you prefer to be trained in "The 501st" style).

Turbowars
11-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Detolfs have never been $70.

I bought 3 a few months ago on sale for $19.99. Yeah I know crazy. Regular price is $49.99 to $59.99.

I have a few I don't want and I may sell them because I don't like the wood finish any more.

Tycho
11-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Here's the official ad for the L.A. (actually Simi Valley / Moor Park / Oxnard area) event:

Official Picture and Event Info - Cool! (http://www.civilwaralliance.com/CWA/Moorpark/2010/blue_grey_2010_flyer.pdf)

It's put on for the benefit of kids' education programs by the Moorpark Rotary Club, too!

Gunfighting, cavarly charges, artillery blasting - lots of fun!

TurboWars what I looked at at IKEA today was an all-glass (on 4 sides) display stand (3 glass shelves within) that was $69.99. The stand is probably about 5 feet and some inches tall - I have some in my place right now and their maximum height is about my eye level. "Devastator" on top of my Transformers case reaches a height greater than my own (if we are looking at the same thing).

IKEA is only selling the beach (wood) finish (on the top and bottom) and the black ones now. They had sold the white ones for $20 each when I bought 2. However I could now use 5 more.

It could be worth it to you to sell yours (easily) though I wouldn't be the customer. It would obviously be rather expensive to move them to San Diego from LA.

But I probably will be getting the "beach" color tone (and maybe a black one for my Terminator stuff).

But I think you can sell yours for more than $20 - or at the very least, get back what you paid for them.

bikerscout
11-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Save 25% Off All In-Stock Products: 3-Days Only!
Who needs Black Friday when you have StarWarsShop's Turbo Triple Day Event? Starting Wednesday, StarWarsShop is launching its lightning fast "Turbo" savings event that slashes 25% OFF ALL IN-STOCK PRODUCTS (applied at checkout)!
For three days only you can pick up those in-stock items that you've been meaning to buy but have been putting off. Save BIG, starting at 12:00am PST on Wednesday November 10th, ending 11:59pm on Friday, November 12th. If the product is in-stock, you save.

---Go nuts, or be conservative. I don't care. I'm tempted to get CW season 2 BR. I might. Search around, there are some things that are already 45-50% off. Dunno if the 25 can go on top though. Enjoy!

edit: went for the BR. Deal too good to pass up. Got it and 2 other items I've been waiting a long time for for < $60 shipped. BR alone at brick & mortars is $55 with tax, so the other stuff was just icing on the cake. I'd act now while supplies last though. And yes, the 25% is applied at the end of checkout so it did work on top of the other discount

bkusna
11-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Save 25% Off All In-Stock Products: 3-Days Only!
Who needs Black Friday when you have StarWarsShop's Turbo Triple Day Event? Starting Wednesday, StarWarsShop is launching its lightning fast "Turbo" savings event that slashes 25% OFF ALL IN-STOCK PRODUCTS (applied at checkout)!
For three days only you can pick up those in-stock items that you've been meaning to buy but have been putting off. Save BIG, starting at 12:00am PST on Wednesday November 10th, ending 11:59pm on Friday, November 12th. If the product is in-stock, you save.

---Go nuts, or be conservative. I don't care. I'm tempted to get CW season 2 BR. I might. Search around, there are some things that are already 45-50% off. Dunno if the 25 can go on top though. Enjoy!

thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: here's the link http://shop.starwars.com/
you can get the NEW CW embo wave for around $5.93 a figure

Tycho
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I will actually have to check out whether they have any Star Wars CLOTHING that I want which will accurately announce that I'm a nerd everywhere I go! :D

JediTricks
11-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Detolfs have never been $70.

I bought 3 a few months ago on sale for $19.99. Yeah I know crazy. Regular price is $49.99 to $59.99.

I have a few I don't want and I may sell them because I don't like the wood finish any more.Yeah, the original Detolf in "black foil" was $70, then they came out with the cheaper white (which they don't offer anymore) and then beech. Now they have beech and black-brown (whatever THAT means) and both those Detolfs are $60.

I just wish they were a little bigger, they don't quite work for my apartment.

Turbowars
11-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah, the original Detolf in "black foil" was $70, then they came out with the cheaper white (which they don't offer anymore) and then beech. Now they have beech and black-brown (whatever THAT means) and both those Detolfs are $60.

I just wish they were a little bigger, they don't quite work for my apartment.
The black brown is ugly. I don't know why they don't offer plain BLACK. I really don't like my Beech units anymore. The white goes better with the modern SW look. I have 6 gray billies with glass doors, 3 White and 4 Beech Detolfs. I need to get rid of a few Beech. I don't ever remember paying $70, but oh well.

Tycho
11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I just have 2 white detolfs. Last year around Christmas time, IKEA offered the white ones for $20. I think it was a clearance sale, as white might not ever be offered again.

Yes it is too bad, because they look the nicest for SW displays.

I also got a gift of one from my coffee store owner-friend. It was a beech and that one looks good with my Transformers in it.

Since I color theme my display rooms, I will probably be able to make use of the black and beech offerings (black will look good for the Terminator stuff from Hot Toys).

What are the billies TurboWars? I think I'll look for them the next time I'm at IKEA - it's right down the street from me between my place and the Chargers' stadium. (Same parking lot as the Islands restaurant we ate at with Halley, JT).

Turbo - you probably bought your detolfs on SALE - which means you got a good deal. If you (or anyone else) wants more of these, I'd wait through Christmas and as late as February to check for possible savings. We "have to" spend enough on the darn toys!!!

JediTricks, what I could really use is a small style display case for my 7" Star Trek figures - who's "behind glass area" is at least above knee height - there can be drawers for storage beneath the display areas. - On a detolf, you can easily see 12" figures on the bottom because they're taller. The ArtAsylum / DST Star Trek figures are not that big, thus I want to start my display up higher.
I also have limited room for the display venue. For Trek, I'm going to have to use my exterior smaller balcony - off the master bedroom. It's pretty weather-sheltered and I can always add a tarp covering that matches the paint scheme of my building - but that balcony is not visible from the exterior.

I simply have no room for more toys in my place, once I move in big Star Wars displays and some plans I have for Transformers and Terminator. Star Trek can be divided up between 7 different "sub-genres": Enterprise, TOS, movies, TNG, DS9, Voyager, ReBoot. At least my Enterprise and Voyager collections are so small that one of them could be displayed in its entirety this way (Enterprise would be my preference as the Voyager figures (Playmates) are even smaller).

I have to look for the appropriate furniture. However, I wonder if IKEA will ever bring back the white detolf, even for a Christmas special?

I also could use those small wall-hanging curio cabinets that fit the 3 3/4" Star Wars figures really well. I can't seem to find them being offered anywhere any more. I have like 10 or more of them, but could probably use 10 more of them! You can display all 12 members of the Jedi High Council across a shelf in one of them, for example, if you remove the partitians.

JediTricks
11-11-2010, 05:04 PM
The black brown is ugly. I don't know why they don't offer plain BLACK. I really don't like my Beech units anymore. The white goes better with the modern SW look. I have 6 gray billies with glass doors, 3 White and 4 Beech Detolfs. I need to get rid of a few Beech. I don't ever remember paying $70, but oh well.The originals were black, and were $10 more, I guess black is harder to make than black-brown (riiiiight, sure it is Ikea :rolleyes: ). I have seen a few beech ones, and I must admit that coloring doesn't work for what I'd want to do with these.

I've been thinking about getting Billy bookcases with glass doors, but they're not especially cheap that way, and all the doors I've seen on them cover up some of the display space, is that the case with yours?

I just have 2 white detolfs. Last year around Christmas time, IKEA offered the white ones for $20. I think it was a clearance sale, as white might not ever be offered again.It wasn't a clearance as they had never offered the white foil ones at any price before that. They were a special cheap version for the sale days in a different color.

What are the billies TurboWars? I think I'll look for them the next time I'm at IKEA - it's right down the street from me between my place and the Chargers' stadium. (Same parking lot as the Islands restaurant we ate at with Halley, JT)."Billy" is a line of bookshelves from Ikea, the best one is the Billy 6' 8" bookcase for cheap, I have a white narrow one because it's stupid cheap in white: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40085714
Oddly, the wider version isn't cheaper than the other foil versions:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/83688210
(I like the gray "silver" version and the black). How they get you is by selling the doors separately:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11686/

JediTricks, what I could really use is a small style display case for my 7" Star Trek figures - who's "behind glass area" is at least above knee height - there can be drawers for storage beneath the display areas. - On a detolf, you can easily see 12" figures on the bottom because they're taller. The ArtAsylum / DST Star Trek figures are not that big, thus I want to start my display up higher.
I also have limited room for the display venue. For Trek, I'm going to have to use my exterior smaller balcony - off the master bedroom. It's pretty weather-sheltered and I can always add a tarp covering that matches the paint scheme of my building - but that balcony is not visible from the exterior.You need to use more of the vertical space, that's what's annoying about the Detolfs (they're only 5' 4" tall) and what's good about the taller Billy bookcases (6' 8" plus they sell an extension for the top, though you'd need a ladder and probably taller ceilings to use it), and they have a variety of doors you can buy separately or in a system to keep out cats. Once a year I'll go through Ikea checking out that sort of thing, they have a section just for Billy shelving and doors.

As for outdoors, none of this would work, Ikea is all foil and cheap finishes, would break down very quickly, and I doubt any of it is UV-protected either. You put figures outside, and they'll be sunbleached in a month or so.

You guys know Ikea is a tax-evader, right? They created a bunch of companies to own and run the company, including what is the largest non-profit in the world (since it's Ikea) to promote architecture or some such thing in order to not pay taxes on billions in sales.

Turbowars
11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
The originals were black, and were $10 more, I guess black is harder to make than black-brown (riiiiight, sure it is Ikea :rolleyes: ). I have seen a few beech ones, and I must admit that coloring doesn't work for what I'd want to do with these.

I've been thinking about getting Billy bookcases with glass doors, but they're not especially cheap that way, and all the doors I've seen on them cover up some of the display space, is that the case with yours?

It wasn't a clearance as they had never offered the white foil ones at any price before that. They were a special cheap version for the sale days in a different color.

"Billy" is a line of bookshelves from Ikea, the best one is the Billy 6' 8" bookcase for cheap, I have a white narrow one because it's stupid cheap in white: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40085714
Oddly, the wider version isn't cheaper than the other foil versions:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/83688210
(I like the gray "silver" version and the black). How they get you is by selling the doors separately:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11686/

You need to use more of the vertical space, that's what's annoying about the Detolfs (they're only 5' 4" tall) and what's good about the taller Billy bookcases (6' 8" plus they sell an extension for the top, though you'd need a ladder and probably taller ceilings to use it), and they have a variety of doors you can buy separately or in a system to keep out cats. Once a year I'll go through Ikea checking out that sort of thing, they have a section just for Billy shelving and doors.

As for outdoors, none of this would work, Ikea is all foil and cheap finishes, would break down very quickly, and I doubt any of it is UV-protected either. You put figures outside, and they'll be sunbleached in a month or so.

You guys know Ikea is a tax-evader, right? They created a bunch of companies to own and run the company, including what is the largest non-profit in the world (since it's Ikea) to promote architecture or some such thing in order to not pay taxes on billions in sales.Nice, I support tax evaders.:upset:

The billys I just so happen to have are the Silver gray. They don't ever have them on display, but some store have them in the warehouse, not the self help though. You have to pay for them and someone gets them for you. The doors I have on the billys have thin frammed aluminum doors. When shut they block about 3/4" of viewable space right in the center.

No kiddn about the Billys not being cheap after you replace the wood shelves with glass ($5-$7each) and add the 2 Glass doors ($45 each) So you can get the billys for $59.99 + $25 + $90 = about 175 per set-up. I have 3 of those and 3 other Gray Billys that I haven't got the Door yet.

I just got my eFX McVader Helmet yesterday so I will need a case for that too.

Tycho
11-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Well, for one, I don't want to use the glass shelves. So that saves money. However, the doors are what I want, and of course, what costs.

This does seem to be the problem. I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to have custom doors made for me at Farkas Fixtures (they make the store display fixtures in the San Diego area for the local businesses, at least - think of some of the display cabinets used to cordone off a seller's area at Comic Con - and I use them for my full 6-foot battle dioramas).

Some of my glass case dioramas I used to have set up at my old place (http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/visitors/005Weiselberg/weiselberg1.asp)

I'm sure that in LA there are multiple companies that produce these kind of store fixtures and can cut the glass the right size. (For my Geonosis display, I'm going to have to have a custom case made that's just slightly wider than the standard 18 inches, to accomodate the Republic Gunship's wingspan.

It wasn't a clearance as they had never offered the white foil ones at any price before that. They were a special cheap version for the sale days in a different color.

"Foil" is a term I'm having difficulty getting used to. I keep thinking of tin foil. I wonder how the term is applied to these detolfs?

"Billy" is a line of bookshelves from Ikea, the best one is the Billy 6' 8" bookcase for cheap,

Yeah. I just bought another one for my videos. I'm actually going to stop collecting movies / TV on DVD as everything is going to be OnDemand anyway, but there are a few last things I want, and I'll likely always buy particular upcoming films in my favorite genres, like Star Trek or Terminator 5 & 6 (if that ever happens).

The Billys are not exactly what I'd want for displaying the figures however. I need to keep looking.

However, I did once use one to display the starfighters for The Battle of Endor. In a black case I had a lot of TIE fighters and assorted Rebel starfighters.

You need to use more of the vertical space, that's what's annoying about the Detolfs (they're only 5' 4" tall)

What do you mean? I really want 7" or shorter figures to be at least shelved at my waist level, especially for any outside display, because I don't want to kneel or lay down on the ground to look at them. (On the carpeting in my living room where Voyager Optimus Prime is fighting The Fallen, Megatron, and Starscream, this is OK as I can lay on the carpteting if I really want to look at these - which I usually don't :P )

As for outdoors, none of this would work, Ikea is all foil and cheap finishes, would break down very quickly, and I doubt any of it is UV-protected either.

There's a corner that gets no sunlight, and all my past experience has demonstrated it to be blocked from rain.

You put figures outside, and they'll be sunbleached in a month or so.

See my comment above, but do offer any counterpoint to it if it would be helpful in changing my mind (unless of course I've mitigated the issue with my planned location for this display).

You guys know Ikea is a tax-evader, right?

That's OK. They are just like those guys called Congression Representatives and Senators that I just voted for, right? Those folks also keep their financial accounts off shore.

bikerscout
11-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Billys?? Does Ikea have Jimmys too? :razz: DD joke

Tycho
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd like it if they sold Bettys. :D

JediTricks
11-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Nice, I support tax evaders.:upset:I had a similar response when I first learned about it, and haven't bought anything there since - though it's not been a conscious choice.

The billys I just so happen to have are the Silver gray. They don't ever have them on display, but some store have them in the warehouse, not the self help though. You have to pay for them and someone gets them for you. The doors I have on the billys have thin frammed aluminum doors. When shut they block about 3/4" of viewable space right in the center.Good to know about the silver gray ones, thanks.

The 3/4" loss doesn't sound too bad really, I thought it'd be more somehow - it looks significant in the store for our needs.

No kiddn about the Billys not being cheap after you replace the wood shelves with glass ($5-$7each) and add the 2 Glass doors ($45 each) So you can get the billys for $59.99 + $25 + $90 = about 175 per set-up. I have 3 of those and 3 other Gray Billys that I haven't got the Door yet.

I just got my eFX McVader Helmet yesterday so I will need a case for that too.Holy crap, glass shelves too? Man, you are not kidding! And yet, if you buy the exact same setup as a pre-boxed system (minus the glass shelves), it's even more!!! Look at this, a 42" tall Billy with the flower doors is $105: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79856274
How is it half the height and twice the cost?!? You still gotta build it when you get home either way!

Nice get on the McQ Vader, how is it in person? I've only seen it at the conventions.

This does seem to be the problem. I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to have custom doors made for me at Farkas Fixtures (they make the store display fixtures in the San Diego area for the local businesses, at least - think of some of the display cabinets used to cordone off a seller's area at Comic Con - and I use them for my full 6-foot battle dioramas).Custom is never going to be cheaper, but the good thing is that with the Ikea pieces, you already have the dimensions of the door available and can probably even buy the door fasteners first, so that would save a ton of money since they wouldn't have to do measuring. If I were going custom though, I'd go with plexiglass maybe, something cheaper and lighter than glass.

"Foil" is a term I'm having difficulty getting used to. I keep thinking of tin foil. I wonder how the term is applied to these detolfs?Foil in this case is a plastic rather than metal foil. The Detolf's wood is merely particleboard with thin sheets of plastic foil applied to the front.

What do you mean? I really want 7" or shorter figures to be at least shelved at my waist level, especially for any outside display, because I don't want to kneel or lay down on the ground to look at them. (On the carpeting in my living room where Voyager Optimus Prime is fighting The Fallen, Megatron, and Starscream, this is OK as I can lay on the carpteting if I really want to look at these - which I usually don't :P )Look at how much vertical space there is between the top of your Detolf and the ceiling, that's a waste of about 4 feet. Sure, you can put a foot-tall figure on top of it, but with a Billy or a similar near-7-foot-tall shelving system you've still got another level of display space on top of THAT. With some of the Billy bookcases, you can stack doors so you can have different types at different heights. Of course, with these types of bookcases, you can adjust shelves to your height needs which is always good - before I bought the Billy, I didn't have a place to put the Star Wars Chronicles and the DK SW reference books.

There's a corner that gets no sunlight, and all my past experience has demonstrated it to be blocked from rain.

See my comment above, but do offer any counterpoint to it if it would be helpful in changing my mind (unless of course I've mitigated the issue with my planned location for this display).The sun creates omni-directional light, unless that corner is a cave, it will see a lot of UV light directly or indirectly. The outside air also has a lot of moisture and temperature variations that indoor air doesn't, so furniture that holds up for years inside won't be able to withstand the elements on the balcony. A Detolf, for example, would have its foil peel off in a matter of months, the products inside will get sunbleached in that time, but after that the particleboard will break down as moisture gets in between the cracks and light punishes the surface, then the hinge points will fail and eventually the weight of the glass will break the particleboard hinge points out.

DarkKnight4516
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Found the entire wave 3 ROTJ at target this morning (minus the wedge and yoda of course) they had 3 cases that were getting put out i took 1 darth anton took another and some scraps were there when i got there and some when i left. One of the workers was running over trying to take all the figs saying someone was on the phone and wanted them. Sorry to bad should show up not make target employees do your dirty work. the weird thing is i took the shipping box from the vintage as well and its listed wave 4.5????? i wonder if this is because they had to remove yoda and wedge for a later date. Also got a tie-bomber from PR walmart. one more was left there 38.88 not to bad i guess. also PR TRU had all the new vehicles at least 3 of each including Xanadu blood and plos fighter. done again for now

Chaddymac
11-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Found the entire wave 3 ROTJ at target this morning (minus the wedge and yoda of course) they had 3 cases that were getting put out i took 1 darth anton took another and some scraps were there when i got there and some when i left. One of the workers was running over trying to take all the figs saying someone was on the phone and wanted them. Sorry to bad should show up not make target employees do your dirty work. the weird thing is i took the shipping box from the vintage as well and its listed wave 4.5????? i wonder if this is because they had to remove yoda and wedge for a later date. Also got a tie-bomber from PR walmart. one more was left there 38.88 not to bad i guess. also PR TRU had all the new vehicles at least 3 of each including Xanadu blood and plos fighter. done again for now
I haven't seen Wedge or Yoda on any of the case assortments listed at EE (though I haven't checked in a while). I was actually surprised they were being numbered among the ROTJ release this year in the Hasbro Q&A.

CrunchyNug
11-12-2010, 09:35 PM
I too found the ROTJ wave at Target this morning and a similar thing happened with a stocker. I was loading my basket and an employee came over and told me that he needed a few of them for someone who was on the phone. I threw him an R2 and walked out with almost 2 complete sets. Just need a few more army builders now. What a great wave! A few of them were still unpunched too...nice little bonus. :thumbsup:

Chaddymac
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
I too found the ROTJ wave at Target this morning and a similar thing happened with a stocker. I was loading my basket and an employee came over and told me that he needed a few of them for someone who was on the phone. I threw him an R2 and walked out with almost 2 complete sets. Just need a few more army builders now. What a great wave! A few of them were still unpunched too...nice little bonus. :thumbsup:
For sake of argument, were Yoda and Wedge in the wave? I'm still trying to make sense of that.

CrunchyNug
11-12-2010, 10:17 PM
For sake of argument, were Yoda and Wedge in the wave? I'm still trying to make sense of that.

They are not. They were supposed to, but got delayed for some unknown reason. They are still on the back of Ackbar's card though.

bikerscout
11-13-2010, 12:03 PM
should've posted this sooner, but for the Culver city region: on thurs, Target had a lot of ugh, at least 10 assorted on the pegs, no boba or grievous though. CC TRU had ugh Cody and Magnaguard i believe.

Fri. i met up with a collecting buddy at LF TRU. He hooked me up with some mandos, a camo arf and some TVC wave 3 he found that morning!! Wallet's depleted now, but he grabbed a Luke, Ackbar and Wicket for me. They look awesome. If anyone sees an extra Gammorean guard --please stash. Thx!!

LF TRU had nothing good except for a few arc and mando BPs in the main SW aisle. If this interests ya, I found the Invasion of Utapau BP (cody, airborne, Obi, Grievous) and CW Battle of Orto Plutonia bp (Ani, Obi, Thi-sen, snow Rex). One of each. In the subsection next to the cust. service & store entrance. I wonder if i'm one of the first to spot those? Probably not.

BlueSnags
11-13-2010, 10:29 PM
The case of ROTJ I ordered from SWS showed up today.

The good:
All the cards (except Vader) were unpunched - SWEET.
The figures look fantastic - very happy Hasbro ditched Yoda (AOTC Yoda wouldn't have made sense on a ROTJ card) and that they put the helmet on the Rebel Trooper (he looked ridiculous bald).

The bad:
They sent me Asst. M, which has two Sandtroopers.
The Anakin was Anakin, not the corrected "Darth Vader."
The case was shipped without any protection (not double-boxed)...luckily nothing was smashed.

-Snags

Jango Speck
11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
The black brown is ugly. I don't know why they don't offer plain BLACK. I really don't like my Beech units anymore. The white goes better with the modern SW look. I have 6 gray billies with glass doors, 3 White and 4 Beech Detolfs. I need to get rid of a few Beech. I don't ever remember paying $70, but oh well.

All of my display furniture is black/brown and I love it, although it requires constant dusting. The only other problem is that it is very dark, so anything on the back row gets lost without special lighting installed.

bikerscout
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
The case of ROTJ I ordered from SWS showed up today.

The good:
All the cards (except Vader) were unpunched - SWEET.
The figures look fantastic - very happy Hasbro ditched Yoda (AOTC Yoda wouldn't have made sense on a ROTJ card) and that they put the helmet on the Rebel Trooper (he looked ridiculous bald).

-Snags

i trust u got these with the 25% off sale. That was a nice one considering sws.com NEVER has any good sales!!!!!

got my package slip saturday for my sws shipment. No one was home that time. Dangit! gotta pick that up tomorrow. Dyin to see CW season 2 again.

weho target today had an Arc trooper bp. But at $30 it probably won't be goin anywhere soon unless you got a black AMEX card!!!

Sean the Hutt
11-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Tycho, is the hk-47 leg you need from the captain typho figure? I saw one at a frys up here in north county. I keep meaning to buy it, then put it down. They keep putting it back in the right aisle. i can look if you want.
it had one of the legs, can't remember which one.

bikerscout
11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
now i will reveal the origins of Darth ma.....I mean.. what i ordered on sws.com last week.

Went to P.O. just now to pick up my box containing:

CW season 2 BR - $35 (+ some change)
SWS excl. concept gen. grievous - $5.06
TFU stormie cmdr - $5.06

smile on my face - priceless

I'm lucky i was looking around on the site contemplating watching CW "Assassin." I decided not to that night, but stumbled on the 25% off 'Turbo' sale.

checked out sh. oaks target late Sat. nite, nothing exceedingly great. One of the CW mando BP stashes was reshelved (and consequently purchased -saw some guy w/it in his hands). The other is still hidden. PM if u want.

Tycho
11-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Tycho, is the hk-47 leg you need from the captain typho figure? I saw one at a frys up here in north county. I keep meaning to buy it, then put it down. They keep putting it back in the right aisle. i can look if you want.
it had one of the legs, can't remember which one.

Yes. The leg comes with Typho. I could actually use another Typho figure, perhaps. But if you need him, be my guest.

I would be interested in the HK-47 leg he comes with for sure.

I also want to report that before I left on vacation, I found the ROTJ wave at Target - well the remnants. I bought Wicket and Bar-2D2 w. lightsaber.

I still want like 6 Wooofs.

RS is reporting that the CW wave with Cato and Quinlan Vos has also been found at Target.

Sean the Hutt
11-16-2010, 12:56 AM
Hre tycho, I will go back tomorrow and look. If it is there i will get it. I need the figure, but don't need the figure...if that makes sense? I will pick it up and let you know.

Tycho
11-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Cool. Maybe I'll meet you somewhere for lunch to pick it up if it's convenient, or we'll mail out the exchange.

Sean the Hutt
11-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Sounds good, I feel like i know you through the years of posts. I am going back to Canada in a few weeks. If i don't see you, I will just send it to you. Gratis. I will go out there tomorrow, and let you know.

bikerscout
11-16-2010, 03:56 AM
short on time, so I'll let Crunchy tell the hunting extended cut story - met up with him at Pan. city wally which had a lot of rotj wave left. This wave alone specifically will ring up at 6.96, so if u go there make sure to get an adjustment to $6. All single SW figs there should be $6.
They also had the CW dlx mini-assault tank with tactical droid and at least 2 at-rts with arf trooper boil. One in main section and 1 in subsection/island.

gotta get to bed.

Chaddymac
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
short on time, so I'll let Crunchy tell the hunting extended cut story - met up with him at Pan. city wally which had a lot of rotj wave left. This wave alone specifically will ring up at 6.96, so if u go there make sure to get an adjustment to $6. All single SW figs there should be $6.
They also had the CW dlx mini-assault tank with tactical droid and at least 2 at-rts with arf trooper boil. One in main section and 1 in subsection/island.

gotta get to bed.
what does Wall-E have to do with that? OH WalMart.

Crunchy gets around.

DarkKnight4516
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM

gotta get to bed.

Soooooooooooooooooooo Yea i totally misread your post and ran on my lunch break alllllllll the way to "Porter Ranch CITY" according to my brain wal-mart for that boil w/ arf only to realize when i got there that you said Panorama City. HA oh well ran back to pana before i went back to work and scored the last arf w/ boil theres plenty of tac droids with tank and freecos w clones though. a few luke , r2,wooof , and ackbar left. thanks for the heads up though scout.

Tycho
11-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I found Thi-Sen in the battlepack at Toys R Us.

It was the first time I ever saw him. He's an awesome, big figure.

But I couldn't pull the trigger. I have Snow Clone Rex, Snowakin, and Snowbi-Wan already, and I also removed their POPs from their cardbacks for probably the Nadar Vebb mail-away, so I can't return them and use this battlepack instead.

I still am going to wait or search eBay etc. for Thi-Sen by himself.

He's definitely a cool figure though.

Sean the Hutt
11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey Tycho, I picked up that figure. I will send you the BAD hk-47 leg if that is all you want. Just PM me your address, or let me know when you want to meet up. I am legally blind, so i don't drive much these days. I can meet you, just need to plan it out a day or two ahead of time.
I can just send it if you want.

we can meet up at comic con this year. I think i am going to have at least one day tickets.

bikerscout
11-17-2010, 04:26 AM
Soooooooooooooooooooo Yea i totally misread your post and ran on my lunch break alllllllll the way to "Porter Ranch CITY" according to my brain wal-mart for that boil w/ arf only to realize when i got there that you said Panorama City. HA oh well ran back to pana before i went back to work and scored the last arf w/ boil theres plenty of tac droids with tank and freecos w clones though. a few luke , r2,wooof , and ackbar left. thanks for the heads up though scout.

Me find something before Crunchy, Snags and DarkKnight?? That's rare. :p

Glad you were able to get one, and I tried not to do 'PC' walmart to avoid confusion. As I said, there were 2 left, each in a different section. I put the one on the island as far back as I could. I wonder if a lurker got the other one. I wonder how many lurkers never post on here? Anyway, I'm pleased with the set -just wish deluxe were $15 or lower. Remember when they used to be $10?? That was nice.

Tf fans -also at that Panrm wally they had some new double packs -dlx class I think. Ironhide & scavenger? I can't remember the specific guys. Sorry.

Turbowars
11-17-2010, 10:34 PM
My case from BBTS came in yesterday with all the cards bent or something wrong with them. I was bummed, until my GF says to me got you a surprise. She found me a MOMC unpunched Gam Guard! I then asked where she got it and when she said Target. I bagged *** over there to get all new MOMC! These figures are great. I will miss the OT themed waves.

bikerscout
11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
hit glendale target a few hrs. ago. Lot of jedi in stock. No new CW though. It's almost painful to see the punches pushed out on the pegs. :hurt: Had name change vader & a few gam. guards too. Happy hunting.

Tycho
11-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Sounds like they're stocking them (at Target) later in the day rather than before the store opens.

I hunted today (early) but wasn't there exactly when the store opened either.

I found nothing.

figrin bran
11-18-2010, 11:15 PM
hit glendale target a few hrs. ago. Lot of jedi in stock. No new CW though. It's almost painful to see the punches pushed out on the pegs. :hurt: Had name change vader & a few gam. guards too. Happy hunting.

No stashing???

bikerscout
11-19-2010, 06:46 AM
sorry man, thought u had em all by now. I guess I've been lucky to see it so much where i've looked. lmk who u want & i'll try n stash

i also exchanged my bad paintjob helmet tvc ROTS clone for a new improved one at that target.

BlueSnags
11-19-2010, 01:54 PM
HTS has ROTJ wave and new CW wave. FAMILY2010 for 25% off and free shipping...

-Snags

Chaddymac
11-19-2010, 07:59 PM
HTS has ROTJ wave and new CW wave. FAMILY2010 for 25% off and free shipping...

-Snags
Thanks, Snags. Gamorrean Guard was out of stock and the Rebel Commando went out of stock AS I was clicking confirm order, but the rest are still in there as of now.

Turbowars
11-20-2010, 12:55 AM
ROTJ wave hit hard in my neck of the woods. GG's all over the place! I love these pigs! R2 is awesome , hell all the figures are cool.

JediTricks
11-20-2010, 06:03 AM
On Tuesday, some woman rear-ended my car - it was my first auto accident as a driver. :( I was stopped at a corner waiting to make a right turn after our light turned green, she had been behind me and distracted, saw the light and not my car and just gunned it straight into bumper, never even tried to stop. Knocked the entire rear panel in, which on a unibody may mean the car is a goner as far as her insurance is concerned, at the very least it messed up the trunk and shorted out the electrical system for the tail lights and instrument panel lights. And her car barely had a scratch - mine even still has the paint transfer from her license plate branded on it. At least she was responsible about the incident and didn't try to flee (although in that traffic, she couldn't have gotten away) or try to tell her insurance she wasn't at fault, but it's been a massive bummer not being able to drive at night, having to deal with insurance adjusters and estimates, not being confident in the state of the car.

--

Target West Hollywood had a single Transformers Dirge and Terradive on Tuesday.

Walmart Baldwin Hills had a few TF Terradives and Firetraps, plus a bunch of Star Wars - CW R4-P17, Mandalorian Warrior, dlx TX-20 & mini AAT, Snow Rex & Freeco Bike, TVC Wooof and BAR2-D2, plus Hyena Bomber and Clone Swamp Speeder.

I bought Wooof and Bar2, both cards somewhat bashed but the product inside was good. Wooof is decent, a little too clean and colorful maybe, but overall solid - his hat comes off too easily.

Bar2 is very interesting, the new design takes it up a notch, but it's not a home run either, missing a bit of weathering and the shoulder spacers to deliver, and I'm not entirely thrilled with the bland radar eye, and I really would have liked the drink mixer attachment to have the dome panel as part of it like the old version did. Still, the fact that each glass is removable, the tray is removable, the lower blue grasper's white panel opens to reveal an internal mechanical arm (not quite the arc welder used in the movie, but ok), the middle leg raises and lowers the lightsaber or telescope eye, the fact that it comes with the telescope eye at all, the saber is well-painted and can be fully hidden inside R2, that he's muuuuch more accurate in overall shape and panel design, there's a lot to like about this figure. The drawbacks are the way the telescope eye makes a dome panel forces the dome to not move with it in place (though the blue plastic when you rotate the dome to simulate the panel is a nice thought), that the clearance on the saber is so slight that it can cause clearance issues if not careful and certainly won't let it launch nicely (it's not meant to launch at all I suppose), and the fact that the saber hilt is still ROTS Obi-Wan's although they did a great job with the accessory this time with good paint and a solid plastic instead of rubbery. The dome's shape highlights how off the other astromechs are, it IS right and all of them are now suuuuper wrongo. The dome sculpting is fair but not outstandingly sharp, the paint is thoughtful but feels like it's missing a step, the body and dome feel like they need weathering or something to really make them pop. But it's a good figure, and they included more accurate wheels in the feet, the middle foot has a footpeg hole instead of wheels which is interesting. I like this figure, I love the scene it represents so I am mostly quite happy about this one, but I do feel like it's not entirely there, it's an 8 or a 9 instead of a 10.

JediTricks
11-20-2010, 06:14 AM
My case from BBTS came in yesterday with all the cards bent or something wrong with them. I was bummed, until my GF says to me got you a surprise. She found me a MOMC unpunched Gam Guard! I then asked where she got it and when she said Target. I bagged *** over there to get all new MOMC! These figures are great. I will miss the OT themed waves.Nice get. You gonna return the mangled cards to Target?

hit glendale target a few hrs. ago. Lot of jedi in stock. No new CW though. It's almost painful to see the punches pushed out on the pegs. :hurt: Had name change vader & a few gam. guards too. Happy hunting.Oh, I forgot, Baldwin Hills WM had name-change Vader as well as UGH Anakin.

Sounds like they're stocking them (at Target) later in the day rather than before the store opens.
Target claims they stock when they receive it. Sometimes it's true, mostly it's more about when they get around to it, but I've gotten some finds in the later day that weren't there in the early hours.

bikerscout
11-20-2010, 08:43 AM
thx for that mini-review on bar2-D2. Really glad I got it now. (esp. for $7). Was going to pass initially since i have at least 2 other R2s, but since there's a new 3PO and this mold is new -decided to keep.

friend helped me put the batteries into my at-at yesterday and...wow!! I love all the phrases and noises. Esp. the bike noises that keep going, long after the button is pressed. The blue and red lights are quite a treat. Need to open more snowtroopers! So far I have snowtroops, Veers, driver, Luke and willrow riding inside. Yes, the troops got their ice cream!! :D

sentry
11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Stevenson Ranch WM had a huge display of ROTJ wave on Friday. Multiples of everyone as far as I could tell.

Turbowars
11-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Nice get. You gonna return the mangled cards to Target?

Nope, I opened all of the bent cards. Oh but wait I am returning the PT figures and the Sandtrooper.

wampaslayr
11-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Stevenson Ranch WM had a huge display of ROTJ wave on Friday. Multiples of everyone as far as I could tell.

I was there Friday night and they do have multiples of every figure except Wicket and Luke. I was able to score one Wicket among the GG's and Endore soldiers.

DarkKnight4516
11-21-2010, 12:11 PM
So there are 2-3 mando and arc bp's along with a tac droid and tank and a arf with boil at west hollywood target. Although to my jawdropping surprise the deluxe there are $20.39 ???????? are you nuts target almost 21 dollers for deluxe.

On another note WTF hasbro did they seriously drop commander JET from the undead geonoisian quin vos wave?????? hes not in any case packs and not listed on any site.

Got my rocket fett and bric in the mail fri and sat. fett was double boxed but still a little warped on the card nice try though hasbro the effort is noted. Also saw a fixed Clone in the vintage correctly painted but passed bc the helmet was yellowing. Come on hasbro its paint and distribution 101. Get it together.

didgeboy
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
So I must have missed something along the way, what is the story with Wedge and Yoda in the ROTJ wave? Have seen all of the other figures but not those. . . .

JediTricks
11-21-2010, 04:19 PM
So there are 2-3 mando and arc bp's along with a tac droid and tank and a arf with boil at west hollywood target. Although to my jawdropping surprise the deluxe there are $20.39 ???????? are you nuts target almost 21 dollers for deluxe.

On another note WTF hasbro did they seriously drop commander JET from the undead geonoisian quin vos wave?????? hes not in any case packs and not listed on any site.

Got my rocket fett and bric in the mail fri and sat. fett was double boxed but still a little warped on the card nice try though hasbro the effort is noted. Also saw a fixed Clone in the vintage correctly painted but passed bc the helmet was yellowing. Come on hasbro its paint and distribution 101. Get it together.
Commander Jet has been postponed, probably because they're putting him in some 2-packs as well and couldn't fill case needs. They haven't said when it'll be on basic card yet, AFAIK.

Tycho
11-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh. So that's why I couldn't order Jett from HTS!

Thanks for the info JT.

I only want one figure of Jet anyway. He goes in command of the Flame Thrower Clones.

Chaddymac
11-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Just got back from Stevenson Ranch WM. Still lots of Vintage and a lot of ROTJ (minus Luke and Wicket). Picked up several GG's and Endor troopers (as those had sold out at HTS before I put in my order.

Jango Speck
11-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Finally saw the mini-muggs at Target- they are cute, but I don't like the multi-pack concept. Too bad these came out so late- I have so many of the bigger ones already.

Guys, just in case you are looking for a good OT gift for a nephew or son, I'm still selling my MIMB Degobah X-Wing and POTJ Snowspeeder w/ Daks. Also have some collector's tin sets- everything at original retail price.

bikerscout
11-22-2010, 01:44 AM
i'm no expert & haven't been keeping up with scum -but Yoda has been pushed back til later (AOTC wave maybe?) and Wedge -i have no idea, but I think pushed back indefinitely.

at that s.clarita wally - wonder why the lukes and wickets went first?? Armybuilders? Customizers? Scalpers? or a combination of all 3??

JediTricks
11-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Did a big run today, front-loaded all my finds unfortuantely so it was just mainly getting out and tooling around for the rest. Here are the fruits of my efforts...

Pico Rivera WM - TVC Wicket, Luke, Gamorrean Guard, Endor Trooper, bought all 4. TX-20 Dlx vehicle. Jabba. CW Cmdr Battle Droid.

Duarte WM - Nada.

Duarte Target - even less.

Monrovia TRU - Hyena Bomber maybe? Not much, that's for sure.

Azusa/Covina TRU - same.

Azusa/Covina WM - TIE Bombers, plenty, passed.

Miniviews:
Wicket no longer is "Wicket W. Warwick", I wonder why Hasbro pulled that part of his name from the card. Ok figure, but no waist articulation, awkward hips, no elbows or knees. Spear is a touch too long and can't be held 2-handed. Alternate cartoon accessories are ok but add nowhere near enough to justify this product. Still, a fair figure for what it is.

Luke is a little taller, costume has better sculpting, head is ok but very passive expression and hair is too fair. The posture is pretty odd not just at the neck but the torso too, and no universal-jointed torso limits expressiveness. Left hand is uuuuuugly thanks to a big wrist joint. Saber isn't as nicely painted as the R2 one. Head is not swappable with the previous Luke Jedi, neck height and ball-joint sizes are way different. An ok figure, but I kinda like the previous one better despite its flaws.

Gamorrean Guard is nearly perfect, but frustrating in a few little ways. He's way green without weathering. His hat comes off at the drop of a hat (haw haw). His articulation is a bit limited in range of motion. His furry skirt is waaaaaaaaay too long. His torso is too short. You can fold up the skirt a little but there's still too much. Still, sculpting is very good, what paint is there works, 3 nice accessories, massive figure.

Endor Rebel is another nearly perfect figure, drawn down just by the craned-forward sculpted neck, there's no excuse for that crap. His bald head is a bit odd but that's due mainly to being used to the character's hair in the Sideshow version, I think. I'm not in love with the bandolier being part of the belt, makes turning the torso a challenge, doubly so with the backpack put in. But the backpack is nice, the cloth duster is nice and has a hole for the backpack, costume and paint are good.

I don't have Ackbar yet, but the pics look solid for him, so I'd say this wave is top drawer for the TVC line.

i'm no expert & haven't been keeping up with scum -but Yoda has been pushed back til later (AOTC wave maybe?) and Wedge -i have no idea, but I think pushed back indefinitely.Yoda doesn't seem to be in the AOTC wave, but they didn't have him in the ROTJ wave in the panel photos to begin with so it wasn't meant to be there, coming later. Wedge is postponed to next year.

Chaddymac
11-22-2010, 10:02 AM
i'm no expert & haven't been keeping up with scum -but Yoda has been pushed back til later (AOTC wave maybe?) and Wedge -i have no idea, but I think pushed back indefinitely.

at that s.clarita wally - wonder why the lukes and wickets went first?? Armybuilders? Customizers? Scalpers? or a combination of all 3??
Yep. That's the one. Not sure why. They short packed?

JediTricks
11-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Not shortpacked, wave 3 has 11 variation cases, nearly all of them have 1 per case everybody (the holdovers are Vader, Sandtrooper, Anakin/Vader, and Clone Trooper). Each variation seems to have a different figure in the wave double-packed, every single figure in the wave has its own double-pack variant case, new and refreshed figures alike.

bikerscout
11-22-2010, 11:47 PM
again, thx for the mini-reviews JT. Takes me years to open figures. Slow me. I was wondering if it's possible to put the hat from the saga endor Luke on the tvc and if the poncho works as well. If u have em handy, plmk.

JediTricks
11-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Strangely, I don't have them handy, I don't know where those accessories would be, it's odd because I have such an affinity for ROTJ Luke figures. But I would think they'd fit this figure just fine, minus the missing vest issue.

figrin bran
11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
again, thx for the mini-reviews JT. Takes me years to open figures. Slow me. I was wondering if it's possible to put the hat from the saga endor Luke on the tvc and if the poncho works as well. If u have em handy, plmk.

People on RS did it so yes, it's possible!

Sean the Hutt
11-24-2010, 03:51 AM
the Escondido target thief strikes again.
this time an old gammorean, switched for the new one.
This target always has switched out toys. I told them twice. Now I just won't go there anymore. I implore you theif...star wars toys are not a priority, they are really not worth it. Pay your bills, get a job, whatever, you might even start to like yourself. Get help now though, because you have a serious character flaw!
if it is some 12 year old kid...well then, you show a lot of hustle kid, you might just have the criminal mind to go far...

Tycho
11-24-2010, 04:31 PM
At one of my Wal-Marts, Oola was replaced with the old Mail-Away Oola in a return that they re-shelved. I can only guess if Jabba and his throne were still in the box (unlikely though).

Someone will probably purchase this for a kid's present though - and be none the wiser.

SEAN THE HUTT I got your package with your B-A-D part! Thank you. I've now completed HK-47!

There's just a couple of R5's and one other astromech I need to finish now.

I'm recompensating you for the part and postage.

I found the Wal-Mart exclusive TIE Bomber (didn't buy it however).

The Clone Swamp Speeder and Hyeena Bomber do not appear to be selling well. :mad: This bodes ill for me since I want good clearance on new vehicles so that eventually they will make Jocasta Nu's Jedi Starfighter. However, I'd prefer the Wookiee Catamaran, Gungan Bongo Sub, IG-2000, Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-One, Hondo's Pirate Tank, and others first.

JediTricks
11-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Last night, Fairfax Kmart had a "corrected" TVC Clone, I passed. Also had Transformers Voyager-class Highbrow, whom I didn't pass up.

W.Hollywood Target had nothing of interest.

Sean the Hutt
11-24-2010, 07:12 PM
hey Tycho, no worries, what is a B.A.D part between longtime star wars fans. No need for to send anything. consider it a Christmas present. No one should have a one legged HK-47! have a good one.

bikerscout
11-24-2010, 09:41 PM
now he needs to make HK-50 so 47 has a travelling buddy. :p

bikerscout
11-25-2010, 06:11 AM
After meeting a friend I decided to hit some targets & wally in the valley for new CW last nite.

Sepulveda target - 1 deluxe At-rt w/Boil

raymer target - pre vizsla (pegged him up high); reporting this more for TF, they had the new deluxes: skullgrin, dirge, thunderwing, and wfc cliffjumper (looks awesome -cooler than BB!!!)

pan. c wally - Paydirt. Found cw wave 4 & part of 5. Stashed shaak ti & R4-P17 in one place and Boba & Undead Geonosian in another. PM for location. Picked up the only Quinlan vos they had. Also saw an unopened cw wave 4 rev1 case and grabbed the Embo. I'm not sure if the case got stocked, but it's worth a look as it had everyone else (minus embo). They are open 7a -8pm Thanksgiving. Also stashed a Cato Parasitti, but that's spoken for. I told the same person where the Undead geonosian was, but he's not sure if he'll get it. I believe he has everybody else. Hopefully this isn't too confusing.

Phew!!! Allllllll caught up now & don't want to get any more SW this year. (unless aotc hits before Xmas --please don't) :(

Oh ya, almost forgot, when i was at checkout the Vos I found on the pegs wouldn't scan but the Embo (straight from the case) did. This was really weird. Anyway, the cashier counted the Embo twice for the quick fix. I guess this is only bad if I try to return the Vos. Wv 5 must not be in the system or something.

bikerscout
11-26-2010, 06:36 AM
update: all pan. city wally stashes unclaimed, including cato parasitti. If you're looking for her or boba, shaak ti, r4-p17 or undead geonosian, PM for location.

happy hunting today and hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! (I'm still full as i type this at 3am!!) :p

Maradona
11-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Picked up Marvel Universe Wave 12 World War Hulk and Modular Armor Iron Man figure at Florence TRU over night. They wouldn't ring up, but the cashier manually punched up the price for each. I still hadn't seen Wave 11 yet, but was happy to acquire these two. Spiderman 2099 was there in multiples, but I saw no others.

Sean the Hutt
11-26-2010, 11:01 PM
any one see the tie bomber at any San Diego wal marts?. They don't appear to be showing up in the North county. So I need to make a road trip to a decent wal mart.

K M Toydarian
11-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Saw the ATAT at Costco today. 84.99. Not bad, but still doesn't beat the 49.99 Kmart find!
Picked up a couple Clone Wars dog Tags in the Target trading card aisle for fun.

Tycho
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM
any one see the tie bomber at any San Diego wal marts?. They don't appear to be showing up in the North county. So I need to make a road trip to a decent wal mart.

I saw it once, just a few days ago. That was also the last time I went to a Wal-Mart, too.

I'm not really going to the stores when I can order online and the stores are busy, and it's dark and cold outside when I'm traveling to them.

The TIE Bomber was boxed nice. I didn't look at the price, as I never planned to buy it. I have two from the older release.

I did check it out some more. It shoots more missiles or something now. And the pilot comes out (manually I think) from an ejection seat.

Sean the Hutt
11-27-2010, 11:26 PM
thanks Tycho, is that the wal mart by the fry's in Tierra Santa?
I would buy it online, but i have not seen it show up on the wal mart site yet.
i have the earlier version. i just like the ships. along with the y-wing. and tie defender, it is among my favorites. It's all about the ships for me. Cantina aliens, ships, Jabba's palace, death star, and droids...that pretty much sums it up for me.

bikerscout
11-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Cato parasitti stash claimed. Boba/Undead geonosian and shaak ti/r4-p17 stashes still available. (Unless the store has been extremely, extremely ravaged from Black fri./wknd sales.)

c'mon Snags and crunchy -where's the tvc AOTC wave already??! :p

Chaddymac
11-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Anyone want to pay $11 for clone wars figs? I saw some of the new release at a Walgreens. I don't really collect the animated figs, so it was easy for me to pass up. But there's a dude with a big scary head and a silly name, Shaak-ti, R4P17.

BlueSnags
11-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Picked up the vintage 9-pack today at Burbank Target. They had 18 this morning at around 9AM. NoHo Target and Pacoima Target also had them. Most of them were banged up...finding a mint one was tough.

Can't wait for the next wave...

-Snags

Turbowars
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Scored a nice minty Target 9 pack today. I love the look of this!

bikerscout
11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
what are the chances of these packs hitting clearance? I only like about half of the figs contained.

Maradona
11-30-2010, 12:32 AM
what are the chances of these packs hitting clearance? I only like about half of the figs contained.

This IS Target we're discussing here. The chances are not even chances, they're certainties. I bought one Sunday. There was not one that I would judge a C10, so I settled for less, but ultimately, this set is headed for clearance. As usual, save your receipts since there will likely be a clearance within the 3 month window for returns. I'm hoping enough Snowspeeders last so I can fleet build. I have two, but would like a few more if they reach 50% off.

Tycho
11-30-2010, 01:09 AM
thanks Tycho, is that the wal mart by the fry's in Tierra Santa?
I would buy it online, but i have not seen it show up on the wal mart site yet.
i have the earlier version. i just like the ships. along with the y-wing. and tie defender, it is among my favorites. It's all about the ships for me. Cantina aliens, ships, Jabba's palace, death star, and droids...that pretty much sums it up for me.

I don't remember if I thanked you enough for my HK-47 Droid part!

(Thank you)

It arrived last week. My new sig line reflects the only BAD parts I'm now missing.

The TIE Bomber was at the Grossmont Mall Wal-Mart (La Mesa). It's the only time I've seen it. It does look cool, but I bought 2 before - one each time around (POTJ and Saga1) so I don't need any more. I didn't know who else was looking for this ship.

I found the ROTJ wave there (at the Target in the same mall) today - all the figures including Ackbar and the Gamorrean (neither of which I bought - but I did get my final (and 6th) Wooof and another Wicket (4th I think).

I'm only finding certain figures "diorama useful."

For me, Star Wars collecting is about the Ugnaughts. :yes:

The Ugnaughts are the whole reason George Lucas created Star Wars.

You see, Anakin turns to the Dark Side which leads the Empire to take over Cloud City when the Sith are looking to capture young Skywalker and this prompts an inter-galactic Ugnaught revolution. My newer dioramas will reflect this as soon as the make new Ugnaught figures, like:

Ugnaught TIE Pilot
Ugnaught Sandcrawler Driver
Carbon Frozen Ugnaught
Ugnaught in Ewok Capture Net
Dark Side Ugnaught
Ugnaught Half-Digested by Opee Sea Killer
Ugnaught in Rancor Dung
Darth Ugnaught
Ugnaught in Dancing Slave Girl costume
Cyborg Ugnaught Medical Droid
Ugnaught Vong (from the EU)

I think we should immediately petition Hasbro to make these figures.

Oh - look! It could be proposed as an 11-pack.

Speaking of which, I found the Target 9 pack. Geeze that's a huge box! Are those figures really going to sell?

It looks like:

Han Hoth currently available on Saga Legends (thus many have)
Hoth Rebel - a troop builder is always useful
FX-7 - very useful if you weren't collecting at the end of 2001 POTJ

Alien Bespin Guard Utriss M'Toc - good for those who missed the TRU excl wave
Luke Bespin - on the vintage card everywhere
Lando - POTJ or 2004 vintage? Hard to tell, but charming as ever. Convenient, too.

AT-AT Driver - I think this is available as a Saga Legends right now.
TIE Pilot - very useful since the TIE Bomber and TIE Fighter are out
Zuckuss - not very useful, especially considering his vintage is on an ESB card shipping

So 6 of the 9 figures are actually useful:

Hoth Reb - army builder
FX-7
Utriss M'Toc
Lando (if you missed him)
AT-AT Driver - army builder
TIE Pilot - army builder

Han, Luke, and Zuckuss are leftovers that openers will be stuck with.

If you buy this for the sheer novelty of it - well then this product is for you.

In Toys R Us today, I saw a Ghostbusters 5 pack that included very well sculpted representations of the cast as well as Slimer. Made by Mattel, this set actually tempted me for like 2 minutes.

JediTricks
11-30-2010, 06:58 PM
TRU Los Feliz had only 1 TVC figure, it was a non-corrected Clone Trooper, and it was not in the right place. Death to this store!

Target Glendale had 1 TVC Wicket.

Target Eagle Rock had 2 TVC Wooofs, and an endcap full of those Special 9-Packs (the endcap was conveniently located on the back, up by the dollies, great placement there... jerks).

Still no TVC Ackbar or CW Embo or Vos or Cato or Draa. I could really use a stash on any of those, last night I actually had a vivid dream of tracking down Ackbar and trying to buy him from a little shop after failing to bring myself to steal one outside a Target-like store (I don't know why my dream said it was wrong to "steal" it when it was already outside of the store, but I'm under the weather so dream logic is even more screwy than usual).

Chaddymac
11-30-2010, 07:33 PM
JT - I found Embo at Walgreens.

bkusna
11-30-2010, 07:35 PM
JEDITricks,
I can make all your dreams come true....I can ship you Ackbar, Embo, Cato, and Draa if you want????? FREE SHIPPING AND FREE FIGURES!!!! Just pm me :thumbsup:

figrin bran
11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
HTS has been splitting up the order that I placed with them a few weeks ago. Got Ackbar today but in just a padded mailer! This isn't nearly as bad as the GI Joe VAMP that I ordered that they just slapped a shipping label and sent it without any packing box.

Tycho
11-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Got Ackbar today but in just a padded mailer!

Really? I got a padded ROOM! :crazed:

they just slapped a shipping label and sent it without any packing box.

They just slapped me around and I never got a new, exclusive straight jacket.

(That's why I can still type right now.)

All I did was ask Hasbro for a Super-Articulated Old Jira with Fruit Firing Projectile Launcher.

(To make it fun for the kids as well as my diorama building peers.)

Is that so wrong? lol

bikerscout
12-01-2010, 12:47 AM
JT -- i kinda doubt it's there, but a buddy of mine stashed a Draa at pan. city wally last week. PM if u want. I shoulda picked it up, but i didnt get back in town till late Sun.

other stashes still available as far as I know. (shaak/R4 and boba/undead geon.)

Tycho
12-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Draa is a little disappointing.

He should have had a removeable helmet and zombie eyes, maybe even a worm sticking out of his mouth or nose, underneath.

bkusna
12-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Still no TVC Ackbar or CW Embo or Vos or Cato or Draa. I could really use a stash on any of those, last night I actually had a vivid dream of tracking down Ackbar and trying to buy him from a little shop after failing to bring myself to steal one outside a Target-like store (I don't know why my dream said it was wrong to "steal" it when it was already outside of the store, but I'm under the weather so dream logic is even more screwy than usual).

Figures packed and ready to ship!!!! Let me know when you get the package!!!!:thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
JEDITricks,
I can make all your dreams come true....I can ship you Ackbar, Embo, Cato, and Draa if you want????? FREE SHIPPING AND FREE FIGURES!!!! Just pm me :thumbsup:Thanks! PM awaaaaay!

JT -- i kinda doubt it's there, but a buddy of mine stashed a Draa at pan. city wally last week. PM if u want. I shoulda picked it up, but i didnt get back in town till late Sun.

other stashes still available as far as I know. (shaak/R4 and boba/undead geon.)Thanks for thinking of moi. That's a long time to be stashed, and right now I'm sick so I'm not going to run out for a maybe, but I appreciate the sentiment.

EDIT:

Draa is a little disappointing.

He should have had a removeable helmet and zombie eyes, maybe even a worm sticking out of his mouth or nose, underneath.I don't think Draa is one of the zombified clones. He's just the one that has the backpack and rocket launcher.

Figures packed and ready to ship!!!! Let me know when you get the package!!!!:thumbsup:Killer. Will do.

Tycho
12-02-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't think Draa is one of the zombified clones. He's just the one that has the backpack and rocket launcher.

They ought to make a clone like that - with a removeable helmet included.

He'd be different from all the typical clones they're pumping out - and with the helmet on, you can army-build him anyway.

DarkKnight4516
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Ordered the HMP from HTS today along with the new deco tri fighter there both instock now no longer preorder. had to throw in a clone to get it over 50 to get the free shipping. hope they send me the revised one wanted to buy one anyway and used SW2010 for 10% family2010 expired.

Also any of the other clone wars watchers in here...... Did anyone notice Nadar Vebb talking to anakin in the last episode that aired. They say this is the most current episode to date but isnt nadar dead? didnt he die on lair of grevous?? or was that just a very convincing look alike???

They better one day release a chronology or a box set in order this jumping around BS is starting to get to tangled.

Also is anyone really buying that 9 pack?????? i know the package is pretty sweet and nostalgic but i cant pull the trigger for repacks and minor repaints for 50 dollers. maybe 35 but not 50 come on hasbro hopefully it will clearance out ive been seeing quite a few out there. IDK why sites are reporting them running low.

Chaddymac
12-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Also is anyone really buying that 9 pack?????? i know the package is pretty sweet and nostalgic but i cant pull the trigger for repacks and minor repaints for 50 dollers. maybe 35 but not 50 come on hasbro hopefully it will clearance out ive been seeing quite a few out there. IDK why sites are reporting them running low.
Well, they are all great figures. If you DIDN'T already have them, that's a great price for 9 great figures.

bikerscout
12-03-2010, 07:04 AM
i only want 4-5 figures. FX-6, Lando, Tie pilot, AT-AT driver, and Hoth rebel. I need the Lando the most, but I bet they'll release another version, so no skin off my back if i pass on this pack. If this goes on 40% or more clearance, i'll consider it. But then again the problem is finding it. Maybe i can stash it in Hermoine's bag from HP 7?? :p

bkusna
12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
i only want 4-5 figures. FX-6, Lando, Tie pilot, AT-AT driver, and Hoth rebel. I need the Lando the most, but I bet they'll release another version, so no skin off my back if i pass on this pack. If this goes on 40% or more clearance, i'll consider it. But then again the problem is finding it. Maybe i can stash it in Hermoine's bag from HP 7?? :p

that's funny lol....or you could just use the invisibility cloak and stash it in there

Chaddymac
12-03-2010, 01:23 PM
that's funny lol....or you could just use the invisibility cloak and stash it in there
We are such nerds.

figrin bran
12-05-2010, 12:29 AM
I stashed an Orto Plutonia battlepack at Los Feliz TRU this morning. PM me if you need it. I bought the other one they had as it was on sale for 19.99. Also got the AT-RT with Boil for 12.99, also on sale.

Maradona
12-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Picked up DCUC Nightwing TRU exclusive yesterday in Monrovia.

didgeboy
12-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Picked up the BIG AT AT at Costco the other day $69.99. Not too bad and the BMF at AMAZON this past week too. Kids are going to have a very happy christmas. Cheers.

DarkKnight4516
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Does anyone have an extra ticket to the clone wars screening tommarrow i totally dropped the ball on reserving one. PM me if you do. or if u do and decided not to go.

Also a ton of CW boba shakk mando wave at west hills walmart 2 days ago idk if there still there though.

Also dont know if i posted this but sent a ton of receipts for that free gear giveaway they had a couple months back and got two clone rex helmets in the mail and a dual action lightsaber. for nada. good deal for old reciepts ha.

bikerscout
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I stashed an Orto Plutonia battlepack at Los Feliz TRU this morning. PM me if you need it. I bought the other one they had as it was on sale for 19.99. Also got the AT-RT with Boil for 12.99, also on sale.

Any at-rts/boil left?? If that sale's still goin on, i'm tempted to return one to walmart and grab it at TRU. Still not going to bite on the ARC trooper pack until they fix the paintjob on Colt. Waste of $ --even at $20. Unless you're a great customizer/painter.

darknight - got tix to CW tomorrow, but they're spoken for. If my friend bails on me (which i hope he doesn't), I won't be able to get online b/c I get off work at 3p and will jump into line immediately. I'll pm u.

Scackmgack
12-06-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't suppose anyone is finding these, are they? Long, long time since I've been around here - hello everyone - but it's Christmas time, the good stuff is coming out...and I saw one of these ARC Trooper Battle Packs once and passed on it like an idiot, thinking that I wouldn't be happy with only two of the "new helmet" ARC Troopers.

Then I realized how cool the Captain Fordo (?) sculpt was, and that Rex came with a sick LMG-type blaster rifle...but went back to Target and it was gone. Have not seen another one since, doesn't even look like my Target is refreshing the pegs.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Like I said, been a while. Glad to see some familiar faces (avatars?) in the thread. :D

Jango Speck
12-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Just curious, do any of the regulars here watch the Clone Wars series? Even though I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff, I still watch the show- but I'm on the fence about it. It looks great in HD, and sounds very good on a home theater system, but the stories leave me with a "meh" at the end. The Obi-wan clone battle eps got tired after a while, and now the "political" ones with Padme are getting on my nerves. I love the look but I think someone needs to hire a new writing team to amp this up. Maybe it's just a futile effort since we know what is going to happen and that most of the characters will die, which is why I like the side stories on Mandalor, bounty hunters, etc. More of that might make this exciting again.

Tycho
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I love the Clone Wars TV show.

I like both the action and political stories, as I'm highly interested in politics in real life.

There is a huge discussion thread in the Star Wars TV Forum on SSG's message boards. You never looked over there, Jango Speck?

Basically every episode gets discussed.

DarkKnight4516
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Just curious, do any of the regulars here watch the Clone Wars series? Even though I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff, I still watch the show- but I'm on the fence about it. It looks great in HD, and sounds very good on a home theater system, but the stories leave me with a "meh" at the end. The Obi-wan clone battle eps got tired after a while, and now the "political" ones with Padme are getting on my nerves. I love the look but I think someone needs to hire a new writing team to amp this up. Maybe it's just a futile effort since we know what is going to happen and that most of the characters will die, which is why I like the side stories on Mandalor, bounty hunters, etc. More of that might make this exciting again.

Yea i watch. wish they would get into a linear sense. Also enough with the senate and padme and give us more boba. Hopefully savage and the sith witches will turn things around. kinda upset the introduced older anakins and ahsokas so soon. but if there jumping around i guess it doesnt matter. Ha.

bikerscout
12-07-2010, 02:16 AM
dude, the CW Secrets revealed screening was beyond awesome. Briefly got to shake Filoni's hand and virtually all of the voice talent/cast attended. Also, R2 and the 501st showed up. Pop quiz with prizes before the screening given by James Arnold Taylor, Cat Taber, Ashley Eckstein and Nika Futterman-pretty fun. Then........ the episodes. 3 of them together seamlessly. Wow, when these debut next month, they'll make ur head explode. Dark and excellent. Of everything across all seasons so far, this arc will probably go down in the top 3 arcs they ever made. Maybe top 2. No spoilers. It's better that way. After the episodes - a quick preview of the latter half of season 3. It was so fast it was hard to remember, but everything looked very interesting. Villains, landscapes, action, etc. After the show, handouts! I didn't get a lot, but they had temp. tattoos for kids, posters, and a shirt.
Gotta run b/c i have work early tomorrow, but maybe i'll do a raffle on here for the 1 extra poster i have and set of tattoos. (before i start, must be an LA resident) There was also some game card thing, but i'll have to look again for specifics. Think it was credit toward Lucas arts games. gotta go

Maradona
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
HTS has free shipping with no minimum order. Holiday 2010 still works, too.

Chaddymac
12-07-2010, 12:28 PM
The Y-Wing Bomber and Arc-170 are on sale for $34.99 this week at TRU.

Tycho
12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Bikerscout: did David Eckstein attend as well? (Ashley's husband, the Padres (former?) second baseman)?

K M Toydarian
12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Last night I picked up the Diamond Select R2D2 rotocast Bank. About 12" tall in scale with their 14 scale figs. This was Los Feliz TRU. Had about 6 there for 19.99.

bikerscout
12-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Bikerscout: did David Eckstein attend as well? (Ashley's husband, the Padres (former?) second baseman)?

So that's how she got that name. Hmm. If he was there I didn't see him, she mainly hung out with Cat Taber & other voice actors.

Well, here goes my crack at a raffle.

Grand prize: Savage Opress retro theme poster.

2nd place: CW temporary tattoo sheet and $10 station cash card for online game SW: Clone Wars Adventures. (www.clonewarsadventures.com (http://www.clonewarsadventures.com), credit may also be used for other Sony Online Ent. [SOE] games).

Rules: I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Both prizes: Must be a SSG member and have at least 50 posts (no cheating!). Must be an LA resident (exception can be made for SD members who frequent). Prefer to do a meetup for the winners, but if I absolutely must mail, winner pay postage please. [Keep in mind I'll have to buy a tube for the poster]. Also, this'll be on the honor system, but entrants must not have these items already to be fair to everyone.

To enter simply write "I'm in." or "count me in" in this thread. One entry per person. Accepting entries till 1AM tonight (Wed. morning, 12/8/10). If it doesn't look very good at ending time, I may expand it a few more hours. I will put all entrants' names on a piece of paper, put them in a hat, mix them up & draw.

Hopefully 2nd place winner has children, but if not, oh well, maybe they'll have a niece or nephew to give it to.

That's it. Let the games begin!!!!!!! Good luck!!!

DarkKnight4516
12-07-2010, 04:34 PM
So that's how she got that name. Hmm. If he was there I didn't see him, she mainly hung out with Cat Taber & other voice actors.

2nd place: CW temporary tattoo sheet and $10 station cash card for online game SW: Clone Wars Adventures. (www.clonewarsadventures.com (http://www.clonewarsadventures.com), credit may also be used for other Sony Online Ent. [SOE] games).

Rules: I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Both prizes: Must be a SSG member and have at least 50 posts (no cheating!). Must be an LA resident (exception can be made for SD members who frequent). Prefer to do a meetup for the winners, but if I absolutely must mail, winner pay postage please. [Keep in mind I'll have to buy a tube for the poster]. Also, this'll be on the honor system, but entrants must not have these items already to be fair to everyone.

To enter simply write "I'm in." or "count me in" in this thread. One entry per person. Accepting entries till 1AM tonight (Wed. morning, 12/8/10). If it doesn't look very good at ending time, I may expand it a few more hours.

Hopefully 2nd place winner has children, but if not, oh well, maybe they'll have a niece or nephew to give it to.

That's it. Let the games begin!!!!!!!

"I'm in." or "count me in"

ha

IM IN

Tycho
12-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm in, too.

Chaddymac
12-07-2010, 06:56 PM

To enter simply write "I'm in." or "count me in" in this thread. One entry per person. Accepting entries till 1AM tonight (Wed. morning, 12/8/10). If it doesn't look very good at ending time, I may expand it a few more hours. I will put all entrants' names on a piece of paper, put them in a hat, mix them up & draw.

Cool idea! What inspired it? I'm in, btdubs :)

JediTricks
12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Target West Hollywood had a couple Pre Viszlas, CW figs on sale there for $6.49, TVC on sale for $6 but all they have are wave 1 pegwarmers - 4LOM, Dengar, AT-AT Commander, Cloud Car Pilot. MOUNTAINS of them.

In TF, they had a couple Skullgrins (based on the Straxus/Darkmount mold) and 1 Thunderwing, which I bought for $9.04.

Also, Bkusna's figures arrived, that was very cool of him to send me these and I greatly appreciate it. Ackbar, Cato Parasiti, Draa, and Embo all showed up looking fantastic. His generosity really took a load off my collecting mind, shoring up pretty much every figure I had been looking for. And they're all great figures.

Admiral Ackbar is a worthy upgrade to the ol' POTF2 version, the head sculpt and paint are tighter, the body more his style, and that's saying a lot because the old one was really good. The new version has a ball-jointed neck, good addition (although a nitpick, it's a touch too far forward so the joint shows a little), and ball-hinge shoulders, elbows, and knees, plus rotation forearms. The outfit sculpt is good, though his rank badge is inaccurate. His accessories are his baton and the panel from his chair, which he can hold in his right hand, both are good, the panel works better than I expected, but they put it in the tray with the thin microphone stalk bent the wrong way so it's permanently wilted away from him. He's pretty much a top notch upgrade in every way.

Clone Trooper Draa uses the newer Cmdr Stone body, and sports green stripes and a logo on his helmet. His big gimmick is that he's got 4 accessories - a cloth-top backpack, standard blaster, standard rifle, and a new non-firing rocket launcher. The figure itself looks fine without all his gear, this is the first one I've gotten using the new helmet on the new torso, they use the smaller neck from the figures with heads under removable helmets, it's effective on this helmet-only head with a decent range of motion and the neck doesn't show too much, but it's not quite as good as the original design, there's not enough downward range of motion and the underside "lip" isn't as deep. The accessories make the man though, the backpack looks good on, the rocket launcher is cool and fits in his hand better than others AND it has a strap to wear on his back. Not the best clone ever, but a good expression of the basic army-building concept.

Cato Parasiti is the female shapeshifter bounty hunter, the one who turns into Jocasta Nu. The figure has a lot of articulation and for a female figure (they usually get less), very well integrated. Sculpt and deco are top drawer, although oddly the pouches on her waist are pegged on, entirely removable and potentially losable. Flip-up mask gimmick is keen. About the only thing I'm not totally sold on is the gigantic sniper rifle, it's bigger than I remember it in the cartoon - it does have a solid feel though, not at all rubbery like most would be. Lots of bounty hunter personality on this figure, and it's covered in semi-nonsensical aurebesh writing (her pants seem to say blastech but spelled with a Q or something). A very good figure, the right blend of creepy character and techno armor.

Embo is pretty damned awesome, just as the character was on the show. The sculpt and deco are rock solid, even the paint on his soft-goods skirt is good work. Articulation is good too, not some statue, the ball-jointed neck is the most important as it gives him tons of personality to express. Accessories include removable plastic armor, 2 small throwing knifes that holster into the armor's bandolier, the awesome Embo hat that pegs onto his head, and his large bowcaster with its hinged bow halves and it pegs into his bandolier and it even has the little painted logo on it. So, pretty much the most boss figure of the year, I suspect he'll be on my short list for YIR (year in review) in fact.

I don't suppose anyone is finding these, are they? Long, long time since I've been around here - hello everyone - but it's Christmas time, the good stuff is coming out...and I saw one of these ARC Trooper Battle Packs once and passed on it like an idiot, thinking that I wouldn't be happy with only two of the "new helmet" ARC Troopers.

Then I realized how cool the Captain Fordo (?) sculpt was, and that Rex came with a sick LMG-type blaster rifle...but went back to Target and it was gone. Have not seen another one since, doesn't even look like my Target is refreshing the pegs.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Like I said, been a while. Glad to see some familiar faces (avatars?) in the thread. :DAfraid I haven't seen it since the first few times last month, or was that October actually?

Nice to see another familiar face around here. :cool:

Just curious, do any of the regulars here watch the Clone Wars series? Even though I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff, I still watch the show- but I'm on the fence about it. It looks great in HD, and sounds very good on a home theater system, but the stories leave me with a "meh" at the end. The Obi-wan clone battle eps got tired after a while, and now the "political" ones with Padme are getting on my nerves. I love the look but I think someone needs to hire a new writing team to amp this up. Maybe it's just a futile effort since we know what is going to happen and that most of the characters will die, which is why I like the side stories on Mandalor, bounty hunters, etc. More of that might make this exciting again.I watch CW, not in HD unfortunately. This season has been unbearable in the writing department, preachy politics and stupid actions, not much adventure anymore. I'm hoping it's just a slump. Mandalore stories have been a huge disappointment though.

dude, the CW Secrets revealed screening was beyond awesome. Briefly got to shake Filoni's hand and virtually all of the voice talent/cast attended. Also, R2 and the 501st showed up. Pop quiz with prizes before the screening given by James Arnold Taylor, Cat Taber, Ashley Eckstein and Nika Futterman-pretty fun. Then........ the episodes. 3 of them together seamlessly. Wow, when these debut next month, they'll make ur head explode. Dark and excellent. Of everything across all seasons so far, this arc will probably go down in the top 3 arcs they ever made. Maybe top 2. No spoilers. It's better that way. After the episodes - a quick preview of the latter half of season 3. It was so fast it was hard to remember, but everything looked very interesting. Villains, landscapes, action, etc. After the show, handouts! I didn't get a lot, but they had temp. tattoos for kids, posters, and a shirt.
Gotta run b/c i have work early tomorrow, but maybe i'll do a raffle on here for the 1 extra poster i have and set of tattoos. (before i start, must be an LA resident) There was also some game card thing, but i'll have to look again for specifics. Think it was credit toward Lucas arts games. gotta goAAAAAHHHHH! Sounds awesome! I could kill my friend Rick, he got him and me tix to the screening last night then couldn't make it due to work and wouldn't let me use the tix without him.

Chaddymac
12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
JT - try dropping Ackbar's console in boiling water for a few seconds. It softens the plastic enough to lose it's "memory", then you can reposition it how you want. If you want it to hold in a certain position, throw it immediately in the freezer for a few minutes.

I have fixed many "permanent" warping on figures and accessories this way.

JediTricks
12-07-2010, 07:20 PM
JT - try dropping Ackbar's console in boiling water for a few seconds. It softens the plastic enough to lose it's "memory", then you can reposition it how you want. If you want it to hold in a certain position, throw it immediately in the freezer for a few minutes.

I have fixed many "permanent" warping on figures and accessories this way.
I considered doing that, but a part this thin and long I don't think will thermoset against that much warpage.

Chaddymac
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I considered doing that, but a part this thin and long I don't think will thermoset against that much warpage.
I dunno - might be worth the try. I thought the tailfin on one of my Tf: Energon figures was done-zo (totally curved in on itself due to years of having a heavier figure resting on top of it in a box). I just dipped the tailfin in for a few seconds to soften the plastic, reshaped it, and it was literally as good as when I first bought it.

Which was still awful - so I sold it on e-bay. That's a bit of a digression, though. Sorry.

JediTricks
12-07-2010, 07:42 PM
It's easier to set something wider like that though where it has more shape to it, like Starscream's tail (I'm assuming it's Energon Starscream, could have been Sharkticon or Slugslinger or any of the Superion Maximus guys tho'). I may give it a shot, but I suspect it's SO thin that it's like trying to restraighten cooked spaghetti.

Maradona
12-07-2010, 08:17 PM

"I'm in." or "count me in"

CrunchyNug
12-07-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm IN. (fingers crossed)

darkagent
12-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I'll give it a try.

Count me in.

Yeah, I watch the CW series. If the current trend continues, they're going to lose a lot of the "kid" audience. The ratings are going to drop (if they haven't already) and the series will be canceled. The series is getting to "preachy" and not enough action. Last season I couldn't wait to come home and watch the latest episode off my DVR. This year, episodes are just sitting on my DVR and I'll watch them when I have nothing else to watch.

bikerscout
12-08-2010, 04:28 AM
I'll give it a try.

Count me in.

Yeah, I watch the CW series. If the current trend continues, they're going to lose a lot of the "kid" audience. The ratings are going to drop (if they haven't already) and the series will be canceled. The series is getting to "preachy" and not enough action. Last season I couldn't wait to come home and watch the latest episode off my DVR. This year, episodes are just sitting on my DVR and I'll watch them when I have nothing else to watch.

Oh if you guys only knew........................... Besides the Opress arc which was phenomenal IMO, the preview of the rest of season 3 was pretty boss. I wish they would've shown it again. It may be online next month, maybe when the Opress arc starts (Jan.7th).

What was I thinkin?? 12 hrs. isn't enough, even for a small raffle. I'll close the sweepstakes today the next time I get online -which will probably be about 1pm. I apologize for this oversight.

Get your entries in!!! This includes a certain somebody who posted already about finds, but probably forgot! :p

oh ya, someone asked me what inspired it -- guys do this on rebelscum all of the time. I didn't want to do the raffle on a national level though & decided to keep it local. Sorry other states. I've never held one before, so i thought this would be a good 1 to start with.

Tycho
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
YOU are in this video! LA Collectors Represent! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1vc9uTK8ME)

Oh man. This is such "all of US!"

bikerscout
12-08-2010, 06:28 PM
alright. Not a really high turn out now, so I'll extend the deadline to enter till 8pm. This will be the final extension. Good luck!! (I'll even throw in JT, unless he doesn't want to participate)

oh yeah, the CA girls parody was done pretty well actually. Shame he couldn't get Katy Perry for a cameo. Don't know where exactly she lives in LA, but she's from Santa Barbara i think. That guy seriously needed some chicks in that vid. At least one!! :p

bikerscout
12-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Ok. Raffle/contest now closed. Good odds for you guys who entered. I'll announce the winners at 11pm tonight. Thanks for playing.

Jango Speck
12-09-2010, 12:49 AM

Yeah, it's way too preachy at times in the Padme story lines. The political discussions are what really hurt Phantom Menace, so I don't understand why they keep putting them in the cartoons- just boggles the mind. At first I hated the Anakin Ashoka relationship, but it's gotten a lot better since she stopped acting like a spoiled brat. I like the expanded universe stuff, and the "ethical" storylines regarding clones. I wonder how many more seasons they are gonna try and milk this thing. They should just cut to the period where Vader is slaughtering jedis.

Maradona
12-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Several Ross stores have put out the black HISS and Fury vehicles. They are $11.99. I picked up a few of each.

bikerscout
12-09-2010, 02:13 AM
(drumroll please)

And the winners are...........................................

Grand prize - darkagent !

2nd place - Tycho !

Thanks to all who entered. Winners will be notified shortly.

This has been bikerscout's Clone Wars Secrets Revealed sweepstakes brought to you by LucasFilm Limited, Cartoon Network, and Sony Online Entertainment!!!!!

DarkKnight4516
12-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Has anyone seen any gamorrean gaurds anywhere. Ive only picked up one and want to snag 2 more at least. saw a few when the wave first hit but didnt realize it would be such short supplied seeming like TRU isnt going to get it at all. (thank the maker bc of the prices). If anyone sees any and can stash one or two for me or if anyone has an extra hit me up. Thanks.

bikerscout
12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
darkagent -- i'm free today and will be going out for errands, which will include going to glendale galleria to finish up some shopping. I'll put the poster in my car. Hit me up. (My other errand is a walmart/target run for supplies)

Chaddymac
12-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Has anyone seen any gamorrean gaurds anywhere. Ive only picked up one and want to snag 2 more at least. saw a few when the wave first hit but didnt realize it would be such short supplied seeming like TRU isnt going to get it at all. (thank the maker bc of the prices). If anyone sees any and can stash one or two for me or if anyone has an extra hit me up. Thanks.
Doubt they are still there, but the Wal-Mart in Valencia (near Magic Mountain) had a magic mountain of them last month when I drove up there. Maybe they've gotten more shipments?

bikerscout
12-10-2010, 06:31 AM
No guards at Pan c. walmart. They did have an overload of ROTS wave though. Tons of sandtroopers too. I think they were 6.96, but i didn't scan. All other figs were $6. Not a good stash but, there is at least 1 CW Embo and 1 shaak ti below the pegs, resting on the shelf all the way toward the back if anyone wants em.

Got other items i needed and got screwed in line at checkout. I'll save the story for later - short on time right now. I know why it's figrin's faaaaaaavorite store. :p

almost forgot -- glendale target had many of the new dlx TFs and on sale for $9. Skullgrin, thunderwing, WFC cliffjumper, generations Dirge. No Blurr though. Really disappointing -if 1 db scalper got them all if he even was stocked

figrin bran
12-10-2010, 06:32 PM
No guards at Pan c. walmart. They did have an overload of ROTS wave though. Tons of sandtroopers too. I think they were 6.96, but i didn't scan. All other figs were $6. Not a good stash but, there is at least 1 CW Embo and 1 shaak ti below the pegs, resting on the shelf all the way toward the back if anyone wants em.

Got other items i needed and got screwed in line at checkout. I'll save the story for later - short on time right now. I know why it's figrin's faaaaaaavorite store. :p

almost forgot -- glendale target had many of the new dlx TFs and on sale for $9. Skullgrin, thunderwing, WFC cliffjumper, generations Dirge. No Blurr though. Really disappointing -if 1 db scalper got them all if he even was stocked

I saw a Blurr at Glendale Target today.

TRU has a 2 for 9.00 sale on Clone Wars figures (Pursuit of Cobra as well). I stashed Fett, Shaak Ti, Quinlan, Draa, Cato Parasiti and R4 if anyone needs them.

JediTricks
12-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Target W. Hollywood last night had a bent Endor Rebel which I bought @$6 to headswap, and a CW AT-RT w/ Boil but at $20 I couldn't justify it. They also had ARC Troopers and Mando battle packs, but at $30, that's insane.

TF they had WFC Cliffjumper and a ton of Tomahawks.

Wow, Blurr exists? I had no idea.

Chaddymac
12-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Target W. Hollywood last night had a bent Endor Rebel which I bought @$6 to headswap, and a CW AT-RT w/ Boil but at $20 I couldn't justify it. They also had ARC Troopers and Mando battle packs, but at $30, that's insane.

TF they had WFC Cliffjumper and a ton of Tomahawks.

Wow, Blurr exists? I had no idea.
"Bent Endor Rebel?" What's that?

Tycho
12-11-2010, 12:38 AM

He's the old hippie Rebel dude who goes and has a smoke with Logray in his tree-hut. :crazed:

Maradona
12-11-2010, 01:45 PM
On Wednesday night, TJ Maxx Glendale had Angela and Chapel from the Todd Toys Spawn line of maybe 15-16 years ago. They were $5.99. I couldn't resist picking up Angela, since she was a variant that I didn't find way back when. This strange find reminds of finding an old, 80s Starting Line Up figure at Evil Rock Target about 2 years ago. That Target wasn't even around back then, it was a Montgomery Wards department store.

Tycho
12-13-2010, 06:49 PM
I just got my DROID GUNSHIP from HTS.com. It's awesome. I discussed it further in SSG's Clone Wars Toys Forum.

I love getting new vehicles!

DarkKnight4516
12-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I just got my DROID GUNSHIP from HTS.com. It's awesome. I discussed it further in SSG's Clone Wars Toys Forum.

I love getting new vehicles!

Got mine as well last thurs alond with the re deco trifighter its nice to see this refreshed its been awhile.

Also on a clone wars topic has anyone seen the new trailer on ew.com it just dropped. Its getting dark to very dark.

im sure its the same one bikerscout was shown at the savage screening. but to sum it up.

Obi-wan in carbonite
Anakin fighting ahsoka
Bunch of bossks species trasdoshians or whatever u call them
a new sith who looks like hes from utapau
some ghostly looking broad
and a bunch of lightning fights.
More phase 1.5 clones / arcs
even piell

Looks like no senate like they said just anarchy pure sith anarchy and what looks to be the begining of the fall of ahsoka.

Still lookin for gammoreans if anyone sees any. thanks.

Tycho
12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
It concerns me when the EU (that includes Clone Wars) includes plot elements repetative from the movies.

Obi-Wan in carbonite?

How about R2 and C-3PO in another escape pod?
Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka trapped in a trash compactor?
Ditto dressed in Clone Trooper uniforms (or disguised as Super Battle Droids somehow?)
The Geonosians or some other Separatists building an early Death Star and Anakin blowing it up.
Another episode with the Talz and Anakin cutting one's arm off?
Jabba trying to feed Anakin to a rancor or something like it?

Does it have to "feel like Star Wars" so badly that it just copies Star Wars?

Next, Anakin will discover that Padme is actually his sister. Or if we don't want to get that incestuous, Obi-Wan will have been a Naberrie before he was whisked away to be raised in the Jedi Temple - thus making Obi-Wan Padme's brother. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
12-15-2010, 04:45 AM
The card for the TVC Rebel Commando figure was bent. .

On Wednesday night, TJ Maxx Glendale had Angela and Chapel from the Todd Toys Spawn line of maybe 15-16 years ago. They were $5.99. I couldn't resist picking up Angela, since she was a variant that I didn't find way back when. This strange find reminds of finding an old, 80s Starting Line Up figure at Evil Rock Target about 2 years ago. That Target wasn't even around back then, it was a Montgomery Wards department store.Oh man, you didn't get Party Angela, did you? Gross. :p

Maradona
12-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Oh man, you didn't get Party Angela, did you? Gross. :p

Every Angela is a party waiting to happen. This one, though, had her unmentionables in place, but had a purple outline to the rest of her costume. I remember a time when these figures were so difficult, not to mention expensive, to find. Now, they languish at clearance stores...

bikerscout
12-15-2010, 10:41 AM
need a huge favor --if anyone sees a TF MP skywarp at Ross, TJ Maxx or Marshall's in their travels, could u please stash?? Trying to get this as a gift for someone and have been left hanging in 2 transactions from 2 different people. Need him badly

thanks! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
need a huge favor --if anyone sees a TF MP skywarp at Ross, TJ Maxx or Marshall's in their travels, could u please stash?? Trying to get this as a gift for someone and have been left hanging in 2 transactions from 2 different people. Need him badly

thanks! :thumbsup:
I'll keep an eye out. How much is it going for?

Tycho
12-16-2010, 04:52 AM
I'm getting Linkin Park tickets for the concert in San Diego!

bikerscout
12-16-2010, 08:04 AM
I'll keep an eye out. How much is it going for?

$30. maybe even less at some stores. Thanks.

bikerscout
12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
ok, this stuff is unlocked bonus content from the Tron:Legacy soundtrack, but i hope this link works.

http://wdig.vo.llnwd.net/d1/hollywood_records/tron/soundtrack_com/index_mv.html

check out the music video at the top of the page! You won't be disappointed. Very, very cool!!!!! might take a minute to load. Hope it works

Jango Speck
12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I am selling my loose clone army. These have been in storage away from sun/smoke/pets, and now they want a new home. They are complete and in excellent condition. This is a great way to start a small army of prequel clones, and some original trilogy troops as well. Asking $3 each. I'd prefer to sell in lots, not single deals.

**Never mind- just sold the whole lot.

JediTricks
12-20-2010, 10:57 PM
TRU Los Feliz had the Orto Plutonia battle pack, if you don't mind $30 pricetags and insanely long lines and rude employees.

K M Toydarian
12-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Saw that battle pack for the first time at Burbank last night. 30 bucks is way too much. Wish that Talz figure made it to wide release though. I would have gotten a couple of him. Did pick up that Star Wars Science lightsaber room light for 12.99 (35% off). Cool for the price.
At walmart last week I saw a Lego alarm clock that is roughly 12" tall Anakin lego fig. for $20. Cool but passed. Maybe if I see the Stormtrooper.

BlueSnags
12-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Glendale Galleria has the new SW lego sets. I just grabbed two Mando BPs, two new Clone BPs and the V-Wing.

-Snags

bikerscout
12-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Post about the Orto Plutonia BP at TRU not long after Jedi wave hit -more than 4 weeks ago. No interest. It was $25 too. Now everybody's interested :rolleyes:

Snags --- your post should have been "I found 10 cases of tvc Aotc wave between a walmart and target. $6 each - go get 'em!!!!" :p:):D

oh ya, glendale target had 2 rebel commandos last nite. Didn't see any other guys from that wave. I could go for a Wooof if anyone sees one. (hopefully for $6) And deluxe TFs were 8.49. All targets

JediTricks
12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm not remotely interested in it, but it's the only sighting I have on record right now as I haven't gotten to the stores lately and when I do, zip there.

Tycho
12-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Saw that battle pack for the first time at Burbank last night. 30 bucks is way too much. Wish that Talz figure made it to wide release though. I would have gotten a couple of him. Did pick up that Star Wars Science lightsaber room light for 12.99 (35% off). Cool for the price.
At walmart last week I saw a Lego alarm clock that is roughly 12" tall Anakin lego fig. for $20. Cool but passed. Maybe if I see the Stormtrooper.

I wanted Thi-Sen, like 5 of him, myself, but won't buy that bp. I already cut the POPs off Snowbi-Wan and the other 2, so I can't return those.

My understanding from a Q&A is that Hasbro will be releasing a generic Talz warrior figure. Probably Thi-Sen without his headwear? I may turn to eBay to get just one Thi-Sen for the character and wait for the warrior figures.

But it seem ridiculously late for Hasbro to release the warriors from a one-shot episode so long ago. A BP with Anakin and Obi-Wan and Rex - maybe. But the single-card? Don't get me wrong - I will buy 4 of them and hope this happens. The only way I can see this though, is if Hasbro thinks they can get more marginal returns on the basic mold cast. Then it makes sense.

They have:

1 diorama makers
2 kid collectors
3 completists

who will all go for the figure - and it won't cost them new tooling.

Cheaper than a Super-Articulated Jocasta Nu figure! :yes: Ooops.

Maradona
12-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Picked up all of DCUC Wave 14 at Las Vegas WM. They have at least 10 complete sets.

bikerscout
12-21-2010, 09:42 PM
darkagent --- hit me up!! i still have your prize.

figrin bran
12-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Post about the Orto Plutonia BP at TRU not long after Jedi wave hit -more than 4 weeks ago. No interest. It was $25 too. Now everybody's interested :rolleyes:

Snags --- your post should have been "I found 10 cases of tvc Aotc wave between a walmart and target. $6 each - go get 'em!!!!" :p:):D

oh ya, glendale target had 2 rebel commandos last nite. Didn't see any other guys from that wave. I could go for a Wooof if anyone sees one. (hopefully for $6) And deluxe TFs were 8.49. All targets

Don't feel bad, I posted about a stash at LF TRU and no one responded. And that was when the packs were on sale.

Tycho
12-22-2010, 04:14 AM
darkagent --- hit me up!! i still have your prize.

Reminds me to thank you: I got your envelope. Thanks!

bikerscout
12-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Don't feel bad, I posted about a stash at LF TRU and no one responded. And that was when the packs were on sale.

i don't feel bad, I just think it's funny. :p

Tycho -- you're welcome. Hope u like the stuff & can make use of it :thumbsup:

bikerscout
12-22-2010, 08:11 PM
darkagent --i'm available the rest of the evening from this point on. Plans i had fell through severely. hit me up if free

JediTricks
12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
West LA TRU had new CW figures Cato Parasiti, Boba Fett, Shaak Ti, Zombie Geonosian, and Embo. I stashed them so PM for location (assuming they don't get swept out in the mad xmas rush), but at $8.49 a figure I won't be surprised if nobody claims the stash. What the hell is TRU thinking raising SW figs to $8.50 and $11 (CW, SL are $8.50 though there's still 1 tag up for the $7.49 price on SL; $11 is for TVC)?!?

Culver City TRU - bupkis.

Los Feliz TRU - bupkis.

I did that run today not for myself but for that 1 final gift. I also hit Meltdown comic shop and Wacko Soap Plant, but ultimately caved and went back to Los Feliz for their card-savaged one (Venture Bros The Monarch, I missed the last one at Melt by only a few hours, and they weren't charging a penny over what TRU was, so I ended up buying myself Dean and Henchman 24 mainly to support the store).

Bikerscout, I hit West LA Ross (the one next to WLA TRU) and they have the WORST toy selection spread across 3 different racks, none of which had what you asked about.

Maradona
12-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Found the new JLU Green Lantern 3 packs at the SUPER Target in Victorville off the 15. I hadn't seen them before, so I'm not sure if they've hit out here yet.

sentry
12-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Anyone have an extra ECHO clone wars figure ?

figrin bran
12-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Found the new JLU Green Lantern 3 packs at the SUPER Target in Victorville off the 15. I hadn't seen them before, so I'm not sure if they've hit out here yet.

Despero/Katma/John Stewart and 2 x Manhunters + John Stewart? Yes, those have hit the LA area.

Jango Speck
12-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Already opened up two presents: The Making of Empire Strikes Back and The Sounds of Star Wars. Really fun stuff!!

Maradona
12-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Despero/Katma/John Stewart and 2 x Manhunters + John Stewart? Yes, those have hit the LA area.

I obviously need to hit Target more frequently, especially now that Cobra Shock Troops are being released. Any stashes would be appreciated.

Chaddymac
12-25-2010, 01:31 AM
I was gone for a week so this is probably not news, but the Target vintage multi-packs are on clearance already. Saw it this afternoon. Now they are around $38 a piece.

darkagent
12-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Glendale Target has plenty of the new Transformers Reveal the Shield Jazz and Tracks.

Thanks to Bikerscout for the Clone Wars poster.

CrunchyNug
12-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Grabbing lots of Target exclusives all over town today on clearance. UBP's, Vintage 9-packs, CW 2-packs, etc...Haven't found any 50% off deals yet, but that'll come soon enough I'm sure. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

bikerscout
12-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Glendale Target has plenty of the new Transformers Reveal the Shield Jazz and Tracks.

Thanks to Bikerscout for the Clone Wars poster.

I wonder if the TFs were still $8.49? That'd be a good deal.

Nice to meet you, darkagent. The bikerscout CW sweepstakes is now complete!!

Crunchy -- which place had the best selection of goodies??

DarkKnight4516
12-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Grabbing lots of Target exclusives all over town today on clearance. UBP's, Vintage 9-packs, CW 2-packs, etc...Haven't found any 50% off deals yet, but that'll come soon enough I'm sure. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Found a 9- pack for 24.98 now its worth it , it was a little bent but the individual inside packs seem ok. Been seeing alot of Hoth b[ps for 27 and ig &cads for 7 not bad.

Also forget jeditemplearchives.com and there post about family guys its a trap being awful. ill agree it wasnt as funny as the first two but it still had me laughing. alot. What do they know anyway, only whining about cussing and crude humor thats the show morons. Its 2010 get with the times.

bikerscout
12-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I would try and go for the senate commando/jayfon pack but they're probably all gone. My car has been acting up too, with the moisture from the rain & such. Not 100% confident in it.

I haven't seen it, but many are saying Robot Chicken SW 3 was better than It's A Trap! I liked it better than SSSD, but not better than Blue Harvest. So for me it goes: Blue, It's A Trap, and SSSD.

BlueSnags
12-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Scored a clearanced 9-pack and Defense of Hoth set today at Target.

-Snags

bikerscout
12-27-2010, 11:54 PM
oh ya, forgot mention, LF TRU yesterday in the Joe section, looks like they restocked the lastest waves of figures, didn't see any guys I never saw before, but they were at least 2 cobra commanders. Sorry forgot to post this earlier (was pretty out of it yesterday)

commtech --haven't seen your deadpool 2 pack thing, & forgot to look. Can you tell me what the product is again & the scale??

Wow -those cobra shock troopers look pretty buff. I want 1.

figrin bran
12-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I obviously need to hit Target more frequently, especially now that Cobra Shock Troops are being released. Any stashes would be appreciated.

I could use stashes of Cobra Shock Troopers as well.

Maradona
12-28-2010, 02:17 AM
I could use stashes of Cobra Shock Troopers as well.

Hopefully, they'll be as plentiful as the Jungle Viper. I could have had 40 of these if I had wanted. They are nearly everywhere. The Alley Viper, on the other hand, I have yet to see at any retail establishment. Mine comes from a BBTS case.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and Ross/Marshalls will have dozens of them for $3-4 next fall. I'm sure all of us who wanted to scored massively on 25th Anniversary and ROC troops in this way.

JediTricks
12-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Target West Hollywood had a Cato Parasiti, R4-P17, TVC Wooof and Endor Rebel.

Maradona
12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Anyone looking for unpunched TVC cards, go to Target Pasadena (where the old Fedco was). They have the entire ROTJ wave off the pegs.

Picked up 4 Defense of Hoth and 1 Attack on Hoth UBPs on clearance at various locations. I went in search of Cobra Shock Troopers/Alley Vipers, but without any results.

JediTricks
12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Were the battle of Hoth sets on clearance at all? I want to pick them up for no more than $30 each, I'm a little short this month on funds.

Maradona
12-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Were the battle of Hoth sets on clearance at all? I want to pick them up for no more than $30 each, I'm a little short this month on funds.

Yes they were. $27.98 each. I know where there are more left, if you need them.

JediTricks
12-31-2010, 07:04 PM
Sure, thanks!

bikerscout
01-03-2011, 04:51 AM
on a quick weho target run last nite -found nothing. There was a white tie fighter in retro box, but I didnt scan it or check for a red tag. There was 1 wooof with a bad hook/hole at top of card. IM figs were $5, not much left though

Commtech
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
If anyone sees the TRON DELUXE Kevin Flynn disc (ALL WHITE) can you please stash for me? It's the last one I need to complete the trio of discs and it's been a pain in the butt to find. Thanks!

figrin bran
01-06-2011, 10:48 PM
If anyone sees the TRON DELUXE Kevin Flynn disc (ALL WHITE) can you please stash for me? It's the last one I need to complete the trio of discs and it's been a pain in the butt to find. Thanks!

Sure, I'll keep an eye out for it.

figrin bran
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I really do not like that La Cienega TRU employee with the ponytail that follows you down every aisle.

Chaddymac
01-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I really do not like that La Cienega TRU employee with the ponytail that follows you down every aisle.
I was just going to say "Word," but apparently that's not enough words for this forum. But the intention is still there.

DarkKnight4516
01-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Stashed that all white disc for u pm sent to u earlier today let me know if u found it.

figrin bran
01-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Commtech, I'm not sure if it's too out of the way for you but I stashed a Flynn disc at Valencia Target today.

I was just going to say "Word," but apparently that's not enough words for this forum. But the intention is still there.

I see you've encountered him as well? Gotta love how he pretends to rearrange boxes when going down the aisles.

Chaddymac
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Commtech, I'm not sure if it's too out of the way for you but I stashed a Flynn disc at Valencia Target today.

I see you've encountered him as well? Gotta love how he pretends to rearrange boxes when going down the aisles.
Oh yeah. But don't bother asking him to get anything from back. Apparently he has time to spy, but none to help.

Jango Speck
01-09-2011, 06:12 PM
For Sale: Mini Mag Stand Displays

I have two of these and they are great, but when I moved, I lost a lot of "display" space, so these have to go. I'm not sure this company is still in business, but I have the stair-stepped unit with the magnetic stands and it looks great for assembling your troops. I paid $25 each when these were new, but I'll let them go for $18 each. They are black with black stands.

Maradona
01-10-2011, 12:59 AM
My search for Cobra Shock Troopers ended yesterday -- but I had to go to Las Vegas to do it! Found one Shock Troop and 2 wave 3 Snake Eyes at Target Las Vegas. Also, at the Ross across the street, I picked up a cancelled wave 3 ROC pink Elite Viper with flight pod. That Ross had at least half a dozen VAMPs and Furies.

At the Hesperia SUPER Target, I picked up a $24.98 exclusive 9-pack. They had more that half a dozen, but they were in multiple locations. I will return it for the full price I paid for it back in November.

rmsceb
01-10-2011, 03:07 PM

I have two of these and they are great, but when I moved, I lost a lot of "display" space, so these have to go. I'm not sure this company is still in business, but I have the stair-stepped unit with the magnetic stands and it looks great for assembling your troops. I paid $25 each when these were new, but I'll let them go for $18 each. They are black with black stands.
If you still have a stand, I'm intersted. Are you in Burbank? I'm in Studio City. If you still have one, I could swing by and pick it up- let me know. Thanks

Tycho
01-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't remember if I posted this or not, but in one of the extremely rare occasions when I buy something off eBay, I got Thi-Sen from Clone Wars and I love this figure!

He's very big and Hasbro did a nice job with him.

Jango Speck
01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
If you still have a stand, I'm intersted. Are you in Burbank? I'm in Studio City. If you still have one, I could swing by and pick it up- let me know. Thanks

Let me know when you have time- I can do it at lunch or the evening this week.

Jango Speck
01-11-2011, 01:29 AM
I'm selling my loose collection of Burger King toys. These are from a few years ago, and have been opened, but stored and kept clean.

Prequels: AOTC Clone, Queen Amidala, General Greivous, Emperor Palpatine, Anakin/Darth Vader.

OT: Han/Carbonite, Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, Obi Wan Kenobi, Boba Fett, Wampa, Jabba the Hutt, Stormtrooper.

I want to sell off this as one lot, at a cheap price. 15 items: $10.

bikerscout
01-11-2011, 04:31 AM
was out in torrance/hawthorne area in the outer rim and did some runs. Torrance TRU had 3 TF animated Rodimus Minors. I've never seen that guy on the pegs - so it was crazy to see 3.
Found the target vintage 9 packs on clearance for $35 and $25 at different stores. Pm for more info. Did not see any cobra shock troopers, & sorry Commtech, didn't see any white Kevin Flynn discs. Mostly saw Sam's.
Oh ya, found the CW Cad Bane/Ig-86 2pks marked down to $10 and $7.50, but did not see the senate commando pack. Lookin for that one clearanced. Plmk.

Commtech
01-11-2011, 05:47 PM
... Did not see any cobra shock troopers, & sorry Commtech, didn't see any white Kevin Flynn discs. Mostly saw Sam's.

No problem man, I already got one. BTW, a big thanks to DarkKnight4516 for hooking me up with this disc.:thumbsup:

Maradona
01-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Found an "exclusive" Transformers Dragstrip (in cool black packaging) at West Covina Marshalls for $9.99. It was the first time I had seen one. I know there are 3 more in this series. Has anyone else seen these?

Chaddymac
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Found an "exclusive" Transformers Dragstrip (in cool black packaging) at West Covina Marshalls for $9.99. It was the first time I had seen one. I know there are 3 more in this series. Has anyone else seen these?
I bought mine from HTS, but I would love to find an Overkill at retail.

DarkKnight4516
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
No problem man, I already got one. BTW, a big thanks to DarkKnight4516 for hooking me up with this disc.:thumbsup:
Not a problem man. Also i found both Battle over Endor sets 1 and 2 at TRU on lacieniga they had 2 sets on the shelf so 1 is still there. they were 24.99 a piece.

CrunchyNug
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Happy New Year folks! Haven't posted in a while, but I finally found something worthy of reporting. I managed to grab a set of the TRU Battle over Endor packs today out in Porter Ranch. They were the last ones there. Very nice sets I might add.

Thanks to DarkKnight for the heads up!

Jango Speck
01-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Saw both sets of Endor BP's at Burbank TRU today- I kind of like the droids, but not so much the pilots.

Chaddymac
01-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the tip, Jango. Picked up a set. I love the pilots AND droids and can never get enough. And I had $5 off for each, so I got 8 figs for $40. A great haul for me!

Had an interesting conversation with the cashier. He said that these sets of figures that have little announcement or fanfare are part of Hasbro's anti-scalper initiative. They want the collectors to be able to get these figures at a fair price early before scalpers catch wind. They will be releasing additional surprise sets at other stores throughout the year.

Not sure if any of it's true, but it was a fascinating story nonetheless.

Turbowars
01-15-2011, 06:53 PM
That's funny because at RS they have been talking about the packs for a few monts. People at TRU have no clue what they are talking about. If a collector knows a scalper knows.

Chaddymac
01-15-2011, 07:21 PM
In that case, I was easily swayed by my lack of knowledge. Maybe I'd just forgotten about them.

BlueSnags
01-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Sounds like you were talking to Wormser. He usually works in the video game section and likes to spin some tall tales.

-Snags

Commtech
01-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Sounds like you were talking to Wormser. He usually works in the video game section and likes to spin some tall tales.

-Snags

LOL! I've talked to Wormser and he's usually full of BS.lol

CrunchyNug
01-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Last time I was in TRU and tried to ask Wormser where to find a particular item he said, "We're out, but have you tried Chubby13, the collector shop in the mall?"

Chaddymac
01-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Last time I was in TRU and tried to ask Wormser where to find a particular item he said, "We're out, but have you tried Chubby13, the collector shop in the mall?"
Yep. That was the guy.

Jango Speck
01-16-2011, 01:02 AM

Sold one of these guys, and still have one more- These should fit on a Detolf shelf, so if you like to mix your busts and statues with basic figures, this is a great way to do it.

BlueSnags
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM
LOL! I've talked to Wormser and he's usually full of BS.lol

When Burbank TRU purged their store of the scalper element that was working there a few years ago (Chef Boyardee and his gang) they somehow overlooked Wormser.

-Snags

Tycho
01-16-2011, 06:48 PM
When Burbank TRU purged their store of the scalper element that was working there a few years ago (Chef Boyardee and his gang) they somehow overlooked Wormser.

-Snags

Did they really fire guys because they were scalping? Please share the tale.

It is story-time with BlueSnaggletooth, only on SSG! :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Did they really fire guys because they were scalping? Please share the tale.

It is story-time with BlueSnaggletooth, only on SSG! :thumbsup:

Sadly, I don't have all the details. After a few trips to the store, I noticed Chef and his butt buddy were both gone. I was speaking to one of nice older ladies who is usually at the customer service booth, and I asked what happened to the scalpers. She said they were let go due to the many complaints about them, from both customers and other store employees.

So long, chumps!:laugh:

Unfortunately, they missed Wormser. He is still there, lurking in the shadows.

-Snags

Tycho
01-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Justice is served. Probably way too late. But finally, something is better than nothing.

And to lose a job in this economy...

Sean the Hutt
01-17-2011, 10:32 PM
agreed. Justice served. Just got back from Canada. Zellers was purchased by Target. Hopefully exclusives will be had on both sides of the border now.
Back in So Cal looking for missed waves of figures. I still see empire strikes back waves, but not the ROTJ waves. Did those sell through at Christmas or are they on back order?

bikerscout
01-18-2011, 08:48 AM
argh -cookie problem again. So annoying.

Anyway, did some late valley runs last night and for u TF fans -topanga target and fallbrook wally both had the Reveal the shield "battle in space" 2 pack. Target had 3 and wally had 2 or 3. That wally also had a CW teth arf trooper too. Very tempting, but I passed on it. It had a $6 green sticker on it, but it's partially torn off. If they were still on sale I might've jumped. Too bad tvc isn't $6 either, I want a wooof.

Bumped into crunchy at fallbrook. He is hot on the heels of finding the new s**% as always. :thumbsup: Such is the skill of a top pro collector. :p

Commtech
01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey dudes... if someone finds the clearanced DCU Green Lantern 5 pack from Wal-Mart on clearance, please stash for me ok? I've read you have to scan it so it reads the clearanced price, even though it may be marked regular price.

Sean the Hutt
01-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Found the Battle over Endor packs in Escondido. The Escondido Thief struck again though. This time 1 set had an old rebel pilots 3 pack a wing figure, and a r5-d4 fig packed in replacing the other figures. LOSER! If anyone knows this loser, please ridicule them for me. I took the other non molested packs and left the crime scene behind.. I don't bother notifying the front desk about the problem. they don't care anyway!

Tycho
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
I bought TheDarthVader his Endor Rebel Pilot sets. There were 2 sets of each group.

I also got myself a couple CW Clone Pilots for the upcoming Republic Assault Shuttle.

Beyond that, I got Transformers Deluxe Blurr. I may return him.

Scale-wise, he'd best fit with Masterpiece Rodimus Prime (Dorkus Maximus - almost. He's just not Optimus and never was going to be!)

TRU had the CW Quinlan Vos wave, but I'm done with those.

JediTricks
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Tycho, if you decide to not keep Blurr, please consider selling him to me instead of returning him.

Man, those Battle Over Endor sets are ripe for swapping, employees are going to have to stay on their toes.

Tycho
01-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Tycho, if you decide to not keep Blurr, please consider selling him to me instead of returning him.

Man, those Battle Over Endor sets are ripe for swapping, employees are going to have to stay on their toes.

OK.

And yes, I have to agree with you on the second part. I repackaged mine all with Jawas wearing Power Rangers helmets and returned them and the TRU employees said nothing. ;) J/K.

bikerscout
01-22-2011, 03:08 AM
I bought TheDarthVader his Endor Rebel Pilot sets. There were 2 sets of each group.

Beyond that, I got Transformers Deluxe Blurr. I may return him.

Scale-wise, he'd best fit with Masterpiece Rodimus Prime (Dorkus Maximus - almost. He's just not Optimus and never was going to be!)

You say that now, but when that exclusive hits TRU later this year -you're gonna be all over it!! :p (Like me!!)

Tycho
01-22-2011, 08:15 AM
You say that now, but when that exclusive hits TRU later this year -you're gonna be all over it!! :p (Like me!!)

OK. Here's the BIG Question.

I like to DISPLAY toys. That means In-Scale for Transformers.

Deluxe Blurr would go with a Voyager (possibly the Deluxe) Sergeant Kup. And Masterpiece Rodimus. OK. I get that.

What about the bad guys? They ALL need to be Leader Class or Masterpiece.

Cyclonus is the coolest. Will there be a MP Cyclonus? Galvatron and Scourge?

And back to the Autobots - what about an Ultra Magnus that really transforms into an articulate, large figure, at the right scale? (Not an Optimus repaint with attaching trailer that converts to armor, but a TRUE Transformer?)

And Springer? I think he'd need to be a LC or Masterpiece. (I don't care about the armored car, btw (his triple-changer's extra mode) - but the helicopter is so necessary.

Finally MP Grimlock is too small for this scale. He needs to be an Ultra-Class Grimlock if they're going to do him right. I'm sure Chuxter would love this. And I WOULD buy it.

Me...buy...Grimlock. [translated so Chux can understand me]

Turbowars
01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Anyone find SW wave 4 and 5 in the valley?

BlueSnags
01-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Stopped by Burbank TRU this morning and saw they had one of each Endor Pilot set sitting on the shelf. Used two $5 off coupons, so the total came to $43 for two.

Not as good a price as the TRU.com deal we got screwed out of, but still not bad.

-Snags

bikerscout
01-22-2011, 02:38 PM
tycho-
A galvatron is likely since a Rodimus was made. Cyclonus and scourge would be nice, but don't know if that's in the cards.
I agree with everything else you mentioned, except that I wouldn't want to pay $200+ for a to-scale Grimlock. I'm happy with what was put out. Still haven't opened it yet though.

TW -- no one's found it today so far that I know of. Crunchy found remnants early in the week i believe. But remember, he has exceptional skill....

sepulveda target had 3 CW Quinlan vos'. One had a good card. Also 1 young boba, cato parasitti and 1 or 2 shaak tis I think. Nothing else exceedingly great TF or GI Joe wise.

DarkKnight4516
01-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Anyone find SW wave 4 and 5 in the valley?

Did a full sweep yesterday everything is dry. Found a lone yavin han but some bantha fodder ahole is ripping cards strait off the pegs. He was completely destroyed. Thanks for that.

Also spoilers ahead so if u watch the clone wars dont read ahead if u didnt see yesterdays.

How could allllllllllllllllllllllllllll thouse people who went to the screenings keep the fact that there writing in cyborg maul a secret. MY HEART DROPPED. Litterally i **** my pants. good move lucas film good move.

BlueSnags
01-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Wave 5 hit the valley last week. No sign of Wave 4 that I know of.

-Snags

Turbowars
01-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Wave 5 hit the valley last week. No sign of Wave 4 that I know of.

-Snags
did you get wave 5 Chip?

Maradona
01-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Got both Endor packs yesterday at Montebello. Used 4 $5 coupons and it came out to $32 and change. I think TRU actually lost money on that one with me, since I was paying for 2 online at $50+, although I was getting 3 sets.

BlueSnags
01-23-2011, 12:05 AM
did you get wave 5 Chip?

Only R5 and Gree so far. Crunchy found remnants last week and picked those two up for me.

Still looking for the others. Hopefully HTS gets them soon.

-Snags