PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42

JediTricks
06-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry, it was La Cienega.NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I live right by there now. I hate missing out. Probably for the best though, I'm super broke.

JT -- hah! Instead of asking u for codes I should've told you sooner. Forgot u needed him. Glad u were able to get one. I know how that feels -knowing you have a password, but coming up short tryin to put it in. Too bad there weren't any good SW figs to combine into the order & save on shippingOh well, it all worked out. HTS does indeed suck for product lately though, can't find anything to tack on to make their painful shipping price feel better.

The forum is moving very S-L-O-W-L-Y for me today, and I'm waiting on the Transformers thread still. Has anyone found Rumble yet, or just Windcharger? Given how relatively easy it's been to find the recent "Ross exclusive" GIJoes here, this may be a real godsend.No Rumble will be found, it never made it to US production, only Asia gets him and Frenzy (for now).

How great are Ross and Marshalls? Let me count a few of the ways:

12 GI Joe 25th Anniversary Cobra Troops for $3.99 each
1 ROTF Evac for $5.99
1 ROTF red Rampage for $5.99
1 clearanced MARS 3 pack for $4 (can't resist the idea of 3 customizable figures for $4)

These stores constantly prove the adage "Only suckers pay retail," which sounds like it was one of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, though I can find no confirmation of this. I've been a "sucker" by this definition plenty of times and will likely be again.The thing is, closeout is great if you like having the thing now, but a disaster if you want the next thing in the line after that. Once a bunch of product in your line goes to closeout, it weakens the chances of the line continuing. Hasbro can't make money with entire waves going straight to liquidation.

JediTricks
06-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Target Culver City, nothing good.

Ross Culver, Deluxe Ironhide (Hunt for the Decepticons, I think).

Ross West LA National blvd, Hooker Prime Leader Class (Hunt for the Decepticons).

No Windcharger here though, which makes me a saaaaad panda.

Chaddymac
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/hasbro-star-wars-qa-answers-for-june-2011

Score! I'm all for realistic Clone Wars figs. Mine! Awesome!

wampaslayr
06-18-2011, 04:12 AM
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/hasbro-star-wars-qa-answers-for-june-2011

Score! I'm all for realistic Clone Wars figs. Mine! Awesome!

They will be awesome.....if you can find them. Hopefully by the time they are released, Hasbro and the retailers resolve the lack of product on the shelves.

JediTricks
06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I visited Disneyland last week to ride Star Tours again, and noticed the Star Tours Travel Agency sets are selling through much faster than the set with Vader and Fett. Not surprising really, at $40, the Travel Agency has more variety, 1 more character, and more color and personality. The Vader set has the same ol' Vader & Fett, 1 less figure to make up for the goofy hover platform (with big copyright text on the TOP!) and just the same new figure twice, the rather generic Sky Trooper (not Hasbro's fault, it's just not an inspiring design).

Target La Cienega had the Transformers Voyager exclusive Starscream sets and Ratchet sets (each has a mediocre comic). They were covered by the sale price. That was late last week, forgot to post it.

bikerscout
06-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Cool.

Looks like our warpaths are shipping from HTS. Wonder when we'll get them? (It's what we get for $7 shipping :upset:)
Any lc ironhides being spotted in SoCal/LA??

JediTricks
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Spotted TVC Logray and Jango at Culver City TRU. I bought Jango, and stashed Logray. PM me for location.

Cool.

Looks like our warpaths are shipping from HTS. Wonder when we'll get them? (It's what we get for $7 shipping :upset:)
Any lc ironhides being spotted in SoCal/LA??My Warpath shipped on the 17th, I forgot it was coming because their shipping is not only horribly expensive, but offensively slow as well. It took them a whole week to even mail it off, and here we are 5 days later, and? No Warpath yet.

Haven't seen any hints of LC Ironhide yet around here, but he is on HTS. Don't forget DISC10 code for 10% off. I pulled the trigger, along with clearance Voyager Battle Blades Prime (from the last line, the ROTF figure) for $10.

bikerscout
06-23-2011, 06:00 AM
War report: (most of this is TF findings)

San fern mission Target: stashed a deluxe DOTM Laserbeak, pm for location (pic is on my cell), SW - good mix of TVC wave 6 and 4. Nikto jedis, weequays, Couple dagobah landing Lukes.

Raymer target: 1 dlx Laserbeak, put him up high on the pegs toward the back

Pan. cty Wally: 2 dlx BB walmart exclusive (racing '84' deco); one in the island/cube display, one in normal aisle; 1 dlx sideswipe excl. racing deco in cube display, 1 Laserbeak -think he was in the cube too

Sh. oaks target: 1 SW tvc updated stormtrooper

All of the targets had the TF voyager Starscream & Rachet comic exclusives. SF Mission had the best mix of variants for Starscream. Sh. oaks probably had the next best.
I'm bummed that I couldn't find Lc ironhide in this run. But I did manage to get the Transformers ('07) bluray on sale at bestbuy with the 3D ticket upgrade offer. For the first release I bought the 2 disc DVD w/exclusive transforming Optimus case. Lame that straight movie cash was not offered for the BR purchase, but I'll see DOTM in 3D at least once. My other option was to buy it at Target with a coupon, but I couldn't find the dang thing anywhere!!!! Not even walmart. Settled with bestbuy. End rant

JediTricks
06-23-2011, 02:28 PM
War report: (most of this is TF findings)

San fern mission Target: stashed a deluxe DOTM Laserbeak, pm for location (pic is on my cell), SW - good mix of TVC wave 6 and 4. Nikto jedis, weequays, Couple dagobah landing Lukes. THe Star Wars stuff you DON'T text me about or stash?!? :p I have zero Weequays and that Luke, been looking. Now I don't have time to go out to San Fernando Mission.

BTW, my LC Ironhide shipped already, HTS came through for once in a timely fashion!

bikerscout
06-24-2011, 05:11 AM
sorry JT. Didn't know which ones u needed & thought everybody was caught up pretty much. :( As I was writing that report I wasn't sure if it was SF mission target or not. If it wasnt there, it was Raymer, but I think it was Sf Miss.

I think my warpath came in the mail yesterday, but no one was home so I got a package slip. Time to go to the PO tomorrow. Can't wait.

Just now realizing that DOTM 3D ticket upgrade might not work with Imax 3D. Sux if it doesn't.

Had a job in Thousand oaks yesterday. Had to do some shopping for a bday present at TRU. Fully stocked on TF, but nothing i wanted. As for SW, there was one lonely Bom Vimdin on the pegs with a bent card. First sighting of wv 7 for me. The pics on back were nice.

bikerscout
06-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Big shouts to darkknight4516!! Thanx to his stash I scored a LC ironhide at walmart in the valley yesterday! It was the last one unfortunately.

Also picked up gen. warpath from the PO yesterday. Opened him. Very cool. Transformed him to robot & back. Fantastic figure!! A must get
gotta run

JediTricks
06-27-2011, 02:23 PM
sorry JT. Didn't know which ones u needed & thought everybody was caught up pretty much. :( As I was writing that report I wasn't sure if it was SF mission target or not. If it wasnt there, it was Raymer, but I think it was Sf Miss. No worries. I don't think I'd take a run on the valley right now for 1 stashed figure anyway, with gas prices and the 405 and all. I haven't done the valley whatsoever since I moved to Culver City.

I think my warpath came in the mail yesterday, but no one was home so I got a package slip. Time to go to the PO tomorrow. Can't wait. They pulled that crap on me with my Warpath, left a note on my door - I work from home, the bathroom is right next to the front door, so I'd know, nobody knocked. Jerks. Warpath is pretty dope though, I picked him up the next day at the PO, woman cut in line ahead of me and then held up the window for 10 minutes.

Just now realizing that DOTM 3D ticket upgrade might not work with Imax 3D. Sux if it doesn't.Unless you're seeing it here at The Bridge or at the Universal Citywalk, there's no great reason to spend the extra money on the IMAX anyway, since The Bridge and Citywalk are the only theaters in the area with a true IMAX screen, the rest are these tiny fake ones. (The California Science Center also has one, but they aren't showing it.) http://www.lfexaminer.com/20081016.htm
What a joke! $20 a seat for tiny IMAX, what a ripoff.

bikerscout
06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Unless you're seeing it here at The Bridge or at the Universal Citywalk, there's no great reason to spend the extra money on the IMAX anyway, since The Bridge and Citywalk are the only theaters in the area with a true IMAX screen, the rest are these tiny fake ones. (The California Science Center also has one, but they aren't showing it.) http://www.lfexaminer.com/20081016.htm
What a joke! $20 a seat for tiny IMAX, what a ripoff.

I know all about this. Rave (formerly the bridge) and Uni. Citywalk are the best true Imax screens in LA. CSC should show more general release movies, but they have limited hours, and staff. Be a great 3rd option if they did. Believe it or not, at Imax HQ in Santa Monica, they have an Imax screening room that seats about 50 and the screen is probably only a tad bigger than the "fake" imax screens at AMC and such. (I had a small job a few months ago) It's a close call, you'd have to see it & judge. You'd of course need a reason to go there & inspect - lol.

On Sun. nite - baldwin park wally didn't have any good SW. (I should've looked harder for sl spacetrooper) But they did have at least 5 DOTM BB deluxe exclusives (racing design) and 2 Sideswipes dlx.

JediTricks
06-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Yesterday, the FedEx guy scared the hell out of me with a double doorbell ring and bolted before I could even get there. Luckily, he left the box with my Leader Class Ironhide and Voyager Battle Blades Optimus.

LC Ironhide is big, bigger than any previous LC, in both modes. This is a scale problem if you want to display him with LC Optimus, the m1 figure is a head shorter, while the m2 figure is half a head shorter (but in alt mode, that's reversed, m2 has the smaller alt mode). Tycho thinks the scale might work for Human Alliance figures, the wheelbase on the Topkick is 176" while on the Solstice is 95", so it could be a decent fit, and while HA human figs look a little small with LC Ironhide, the Topkick is a very big vehicle in real life so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Truck mode has gimmicks, a button for a revving motor sound, and pulling back the exhaust pipes reveals the 2 forearm guns out of the roof, which is pretty slick. Detail is very good, but there's a lot of light blue robot mode plastic exposed beneath the truck, as bad as any other Ironhide release, possibly worse, and the underside looks like a robot slightly mangled.

Transformation is simpler than other LCs, but not woefully so. However, the roof/windshield combo is a nightmare of angles that don't work together, requiring excessive force to transform in both directions. The front fenders are on ball joints which fail EVERY SINGLE TIME you transform this figure, they're just too weak, making it seem like a worse transformation than it is.

Bot mode is a mixed bag, in general it's good, but reminds me of an upscaled Voyager in the simplicity of the articulation and the relative chunky sculpting style and simplistic paint on the details. There's also the annoyance of the neck being glued down when it clearly was designed to move (they left enough gaps to see the inner wiring easily, which makes me think it's the cause of the glue), on mine the head isn't even glued straight, but slightly to the left. The joints don't have one commonality in strength, some are very loose while others are fairly tight, one shoulder barely stays up while the other is ok, one transformation joint drops the whole arm while the other requires force to unlatch. The hip joints aren't really strong enough, and again have poorly-laid-out ratchets. One of the knees had to be changed after prototyping, because now it can only bend 1 click while the other bends 3. There's a lot of annoyances like that which add up to a mixed experience, especially first time out.

Ironhide is about gimmicks, he's got plenty, and even a removable missile-firing handgun (the instructions don't seem to know it's removable). The chest opens to reveal the spinning gatling gun, that is very fun and makes great noise and light. The rambo knife is keen. The right forearm weapon reveal is cool, if a bit small, but the barrel doesn't spin. The left forearm reveal isn't as good, the panel is loose and flops open before using, and then the gun isn't as exciting, reminds me of the Dlx Ironhide's tripod buddy.

All in all, LC Ironhide has some charm, and is very big, but little things do hold him back from greatness, like the glued neck and floppy joints.

Voy BB Prime is actually very cool, in some ways a little better than the LC version they're aping. For $10, that was a great deal, and his smaller size works nicely with Voy DOTM Megs.

I know all about this. Rave (formerly the bridge) and Uni. Citywalk are the best true Imax screens in LA. CSC should show more general release movies, but they have limited hours, and staff. Be a great 3rd option if they did. Believe it or not, at Imax HQ in Santa Monica, they have an Imax screening room that seats about 50 and the screen is probably only a tad bigger than the "fake" imax screens at AMC and such. (I had a small job a few months ago) It's a close call, you'd have to see it & judge. You'd of course need a reason to go there & inspect - lol.To be honest, CSC is in a neighborhood I don't think I'd like to find myself walking to my car in after dark, so I'm fine with not seeing it there. ;)

Is that screening room a theater, or a private screening room? That's pretty interesting.

bikerscout
07-01-2011, 04:44 PM
private screening room. It is a very high screen, so maybe i'm wrong. It may just barely meet the minimum imax requirements. It is in the HQ after all. I think the other offices are in Chi, and NY.

I went on an insane 5 target hunt late night last nite in the south bay/long beach area. I ended up with a goodie at the last target. More later. No, i didnt find wave 7. : (

Opened a LC Sentinel prime last nite (not what i found last nite). Dang that guy took an hour to transform. (I was really tired too). Really cool figure. The hiding of the weapons is neat. Last TF it took me an hour to transform was MP Megatron!! I havent tinkered with him enough to write a nice review like JT. If u can get it at target with the web coupon for $30 + tax i'd recommend it. He was so powerful in the movie!!!!!! Had to get him!

El Chuxter
07-01-2011, 11:11 PM
I've seen a few GIJoes pop up at area WM's lately. I keep seeing Skydive and kicking my butt since it means I missed the Shadow Tracker.

Also, I found the ROTF Banzai-Tron for $9.99 at two different TJ Maxx's in the Palm Springs area... though, curiously, not at the Marshall's stores. He's a pretty worthy repaint of a minor character who would've had potential had the vintage line not died at exactly the time the figure came out.

bikerscout
07-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Okay here is my Thurs. night TF hunting story: extended edition (15 discs available at BB -j/k)

The objectives were to find LC Ironhide (to use web coupon with), SW Tvc new waves & spacetrp, and thirdly, (this became an obsession after I saw the sale at the 1st target) the Robin Hood bluray/dvd combo pack. It was on sale for 9.99.
Anyway, I was working in Long Beach and got off at about 8:15p. I proceeded up Bellflower blvd, found a target I'd never been to and stopped. No ironhide, no great SW, but I spotted the empty rack for Robin Hood on sale. To aid me in my hunt, a nice cashier at this store printed me a raincheck, even though the sale notice said 'no rainchecks.' Sidenote: I really enjoyed this film last year, put in my top 3 if not top 2, and have been eyeballing the price for 10 months on this. So, like a madman, I decided to go on a run to as many targets as I could before closing, using a south bay/outer rim hunting route I designed for "htf" runs. Keep in mind I thought most of these targets were closing at 10p, although I got lucky and they were open til 11p. Next, I hopped on the 405 N to hit one of the Carson Targets off of the 110 & Sepulveda. Result: nothing good found. Next stop, target on sepulveda and hawthorne (think its close to del amo mall?). I think I saw a TF generation Sgt. Kup who I'd never seen in the wild, but no dice on anything else. Next Target, the one behind the South bay galleria off of Hawthorne. Ironhide? nope. Tvc? nope. Robin Hood? nope. Empty. I was really discouraged at this point and was running out of time and options. I remembered another target off of Redondo beach blvd., but hadn't been there in at least 3 yrs. and was foggy on the exact location. (I dont own a smart phone) After turning around a few times to avoid construction and gain my bearings, I headed east on Redondo and found it!! It was around 10:30. Was it open till 11? Yes! Made my way to toy aisles and low and behold there was 1 LC Ironhide sitting on the bottom shelf. (These have juuust been hitting TRU & wally in socal, but no sightings at target). I forgot to bring the web coupon with me, so I temporarily stashed him till i got back from my car. Normally $45, target's TF sale bought him down to $40, and the web only coupon was for $10 off LC. So I got him for 30 + tax. Nothing great for SW, and no Robin Hood br unfortunately. However, on Friday, the hunt continued for the bluray. Had an errand to do in the valley and was closest to the Target on de soto and ventura. No great TF, but iirc they were was a nice remix asst. of CW figs, but no riot clone, bariss, koth, colt wave. Went to the movie section and found the Costner Robin Hood sitting on the shelf where I wanted the 2010 Russell Crowe Robin hood to be. Had the item # and asked the clerk if he could help. The computer said they were in stock. After another look in the section on the bottom shelf, there it was. The movie that took 6 targets to find. 5 of them!!! Were they still on sale? Yes!

Final thoughts: It's usually fun to hunt/go to stores that you've never been to. (Esp. if you know u wont get lost easily) Never know what will turn up. The hard part of this hunt was that I had to execute the route I designed backwards on top of remembering where the last target was. Also lame that I didn't spot any Tvc wave 7. As you can tell, I wanted LC Ironhide badly & now I have him! And the BR!! Thx for reading.

Chaddymac
07-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Join us again next week as our intrepid hunter, Bikerscout, goes on a hunt from which few ever return: the hunt for Windcharger. Will he find his prey, or will he be claimed by hoochie girls in Chino? Stay tuned...

JediTricks
07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
For LA folks, if you're going to Comic-Con, we should meet up. There's a thread about it here:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/44357-Comic-Con-2011-SSG-Get-Together

private screening room. It is a very high screen, so maybe i'm wrong. It may just barely meet the minimum imax requirements. It is in the HQ after all. I think the other offices are in Chi, and NY. Of course it's private, you'll have to forgive my stupid question, I'm still sick, my brain is running at 60%.

Well, a true IMAX screen is 76' tall, and a digital IMAX screen is a mere 28', I believe, so a 76' tall private room would be amazing. I didn't know it was their HQ though.

I went on an insane 5 target hunt late night last nite in the south bay/long beach area. I ended up with a goodie at the last target. More later. No, i didnt find wave 7. : (

Opened a LC Sentinel prime last nite (not what i found last nite). Dang that guy took an hour to transform. (I was really tired too). Really cool figure. The hiding of the weapons is neat. Last TF it took me an hour to transform was MP Megatron!! I havent tinkered with him enough to write a nice review like JT. If u can get it at target with the web coupon for $30 + tax i'd recommend it. He was so powerful in the movie!!!!!! Had to get him!Good intel. I missed the $40 sale, just too tired. I'm trying to save for Comic-Con too, I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks away.

BTW, your journey was epic, but I wish it had been more fruitful. I had been thinking about making a 1-way run from Culver City to Anaheim (and then spending the rest of the day at Disneyland, rather than trying to fight traffic back here) and now I'm a little gun-shy.

bikerscout
07-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Hahahaha chaddy!!!!!! Very funny! :laugh:

JT - i think it was an Imax digital screen. Pull the trigger on that hunt!!! Get the adrenaline goin!!!

hopefully the $40 LC target sale continues. What sucks is, the t-shirt offer that was described at Botcon starts 7/25. U must buy at least $20 in DOTM products to qualify. Already bought 2 LC! Dangit!! I got a small card with a url to an email reminder for this offer, but tried it last nite & it was closed. Hopefully the shirt's cool when the offer starts

figrin bran
07-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Well, I am not going to be attending SDCC this year as I have had incredibly horrible luck with each online badge sale.

It never hurts to ask so there are two favors I would like to ask:

1. If any of you are going to line up to get your pass for next year's con, would you mind getting one for me? I can certainly pay in advance.

2. of less importance as I could just order in the worst case scenario but can anyone help with Mattel and Hasbro exclusives?

Thanks!

Jango Speck
07-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey guys- I have one more minimag stand set to get rid of for any of you loose collectors who want to stack up your Jedi/Clone army. This is a metal staircase style display, with magnetic foot bases which allow you to strike many different poses with your figures. $20 gets you the display and 20 mag stands.

figrin bran
07-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Well, I am not going to be attending SDCC this year as I have had incredibly horrible luck with each online badge sale.

It never hurts to ask so there are two favors I would like to ask:

1. If any of you are going to line up to get your pass for next year's con, would you mind getting one for me? I can certainly pay in advance.

2. of less importance as I could just order in the worst case scenario but can anyone help with Mattel and Hasbro exclusives?

Thanks!

Alright, I might be able to take care of #1 myself.

As for the 2nd request, any of you going to preorder any of Mattel's exclusives and if so, can I get in with you on it? I just want one MOTUC Marlena and can meet up with/pay on Thursday or Friday of the con (or even on preview night).

Maradona
07-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Alright, I might be able to take care of #1 myself.

As for the 2nd request, any of you going to preorder any of Mattel's exclusives and if so, can I get in with you on it? I just want one MOTUC Marlena and can meet up with/pay on Thursday or Friday of the con (or even on preview night).

I'll add another Marlena to my pre-order for you. I don't think we have too strict a limit, right? I was getting 2 already. A third shouldn't be a problem.

figrin bran
07-06-2011, 02:16 AM
I'll add another Marlena to my pre-order for you. I don't think we have too strict a limit, right? I was getting 2 already. A third shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you so much!!!! The limit is 6 per item so you are good.

I'll pass my contact info along before the con so that way I might be able to pay you there for the figure. Thanks again!

Maradona
07-06-2011, 08:08 AM

I'll pass my contact info along before the con so that way I might be able to pay you there for the figure. Thanks again!

Sounds like a plan. Now let's hope the WSOD doesn't rear its ugly head on Monday.

figrin bran
07-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Sounds like a plan. Now let's hope the WSOD doesn't rear its ugly head on Monday.

I'm sure that it will but at least that WSOD refreshes itself without fail. For both the refunded 4 day and single day SDCC passes, the auto refresh screen stopped doing so after around 20 minutes.

bikerscout
07-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Quick note(s): I forgot to mention that last week I had a job by the 3rd St. K-mart so I popped in afterward and noticed that they had a lot of CW Captain Lock (green deco clone)

was in Sh. Oaks last nite and hit the Target on sepulveda. Needed a new battery for my watch. SW: Had a few flamethrower clones, and pre-viszla for CW. TF: nothing great but had a lot of Sentinel Primes if anyone needs him. Dunno if the 39.99 LC sale is still going. Joes: nothin good. IM figs: weapon assault drone, whiplash and air assault drone. These were probably the best figs at this target overall

JediTricks
07-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Culver City TRU had the Nikto Jedi, and the new Dlx Fig & Vehicle Battle Droid & Speeder, but at $20, they can kiss my thumb wart.

Culver TJ Maxx had nothing good.

Maradona
07-08-2011, 12:55 AM
If anyone finds an Arishikage Cycle armor and/or HISS Scout at a TJ Maxx or Marshalls, please stash or pick up. They've recently hit Canada, so the possibility exists that they'll be in clearance store near us sometime soon.

El Chuxter
07-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Maybe I'll find one when Windcharger shows up. :D

BTW, any reason you say TJ Maxx or Marshalls? Just wondering; most of the GIJoe stuff seems to be becoming Ross exclusives lately. (Except for the figures, who, aside from Destro, fly off shelves within minutes but rarely get restocked.)

bikerscout
07-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Tru in burbank had at least 1 jedi turbo speeder yesterday. I think they had a TF generations Blurr there too. Was looking quickly, but ya, pretty sure it was blurr. (no pun intended!!) :laugh:

MicroJow
07-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Howdy, folks. Long time, no post. Been out of the game for a while, but figured I'd report on something I found this morning at the Sherman Oaks Sepulveda Target: Rebel Fleet Trooper, Bom Vimdin, Logray, ARC Trooper, etc. Looks like they got two cases since there were at least two of each figure on the pegs. Everything was still there at 9:20AM when I left excepting one Bom, one Fleet Trooper, and a Jango Fett.

- MJ

Maradona
07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Maybe I'll find one when Windcharger shows up. :D

BTW, any reason you say TJ Maxx or Marshalls? Just wondering; most of the GIJoe stuff seems to be becoming Ross exclusives lately. (Except for the figures, who, aside from Destro, fly off shelves within minutes but rarely get restocked.)

They might hit Ross too, but the Canadian version of TJM and Marshalls are where they have hit first.

bikerscout
07-08-2011, 08:09 PM
wv 7 Han, Bom Vimdin, and Logray stashed at burbank Tru. PM for details or text me. I don't have a picture sorry

good to know this stuff's hittin target too

Turbowars
07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
wv 7 Han, Bom Vimdin, and Logray stashed at burbank Tru. PM for details or text me. I don't have a picture sorry

good to know this stuff's hittin target too PM sent on the wave 7. I have had ZERO LUCK!

Maradona
07-11-2011, 11:09 AM

Matty's site ran smoothly. I got you a Marlena. I'll pick it up either late Thursday or Friday. Last year's Thursday was ridiculous, so if that's any indication (I suspect it was dealers/scalpers picking up their stock) Friday might work better.

figrin bran
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Matty's site ran smoothly. I got you a Marlena. I'll pick it up either late Thursday or Friday. Last year's Thursday was ridiculous, so if that's any indication (I suspect it was dealers/scalpers picking up their stock) Friday might work better.

Thank you so much!

I went first thing on Thursday last year and it wasn't bad at all. In hindsight I should have lined up to buy the 2011 badge though. PM sent your way btw.

bikerscout
07-11-2011, 04:08 PM
TW - did u get the stash? Get anything cool for your bday??

Maradona -- order pickup is at the Marriott, so I don't foresee any big problems

Before the mattycollector pre-order thing went live the Voltron i wanted was $25. Just ordered it now & it was back up to $30. They're charging tax too. G#^$&^$#%)&*)#%$%^@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No breaks. $30 is pretty damn high for a 6" figure. Oh well, least i dont have to wait in a russian bread line now

Finally opened MP Grimlock from last year last night. Fantastic figure!! Should've done this waaaaaaaaay sooner!! "Me Grimlock no bozo. Me king!!!!"

Maradona
07-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Maradona -- order pickup is at the Marriott, so I don't foresee any big problems

Before the mattycollector pre-order thing went live the Voltron i wanted was $25. Just ordered it now & it was back up to $30. They're charging tax too. G#^$&^$#%)&*)#%$%^@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No breaks. $30 is pretty damn high for a 6" figure. Oh well, least i dont have to wait in a russian bread line now

I hope not. I waited about 30-40 minutes last year on Friday morning at opening, after hearing that a friend of mine waited almost 2 hours on Thursday.

I skipped the Voltron figure. I have a die-cast 15" combiner in my classroom, so unless Mattel does something very large, I'll skip this line.

JediTricks
07-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey LA gang, don't forget to check into the SDCC Get Together thread if you haven't already. I'm proposing a Saturday afternoon get together, but we're taking time ideas from everybody. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/44357-Comic-Con-2011-SSG-Get-Together?goto=newpost

I skipped the Voltron figure. I have a die-cast 15" combiner in my classroom, so unless Mattel does something very large, I'll skip this line.Right on! While moving, I found my boxed set from a re-release in the late '90s, so thrilled to be able to put that up on display. I also have the transforming 8" one from that same era, been using it as my primary, but seeing the mobility and blazing sword action on the SDCC one, I must admit that I am tempted, and if they have any in the booth, I may end up buying it.

Chaddymac
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
The Japanese Voltron that was released a few years back has at least as much mobility as the Mattel exclusive, plus it splits into the individual lions (and there's both a diecast and plastic version out there). I will be joining the other group and saving my money for a better offering.

bikerscout
07-11-2011, 10:23 PM
JT - you can have my Voltron. I've changed my mind & it's too late to cancel or return from Mattycollector. Screwjob with the no refund, no return policy. My card's already been charged. $32 with tax.

i'll have to look @ your SDCC thing later

El Chuxter
07-12-2011, 10:29 AM
With their lines, Hasbro should look at the pre-order thing. You can spend half a day in line and not actually get what you're waiting for.

bikerscout
07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that would be a good idea Hasbro could try. Just no screwjob "no refund, no return, no exceptions, no shirt, no shoes, no service" BS is all I would ask

Any TF collector who doesn't have MP Grimlock - I highly recommend him!!

saw a SL DS trooper at burbank target yesterday evening

JediTricks
07-13-2011, 03:29 PM
With their lines, Hasbro should look at the pre-order thing. You can spend half a day in line and not actually get what you're waiting for.I think they're trying to get rid of some of the lesser exclusives, the stuff that ends up clearanced out at Ross and stuff - the SDCC Transformers Blaster release from 2 years ago just hit Canadian liquidators at $20. They're trying to get impulse buys. :D Also, I think there may be some licensing issues, but it may just be a logistics issue. They do need to consider it though, the Hasbro line has been a disaster since '07, Fire Marshal just standing there the whole preview night.

Target West Hollywood has hyper-inflated their prices on almost everything. Target used to be so good, now they're getting so out of control.

Chaddymac
07-13-2011, 07:13 PM
This is a great Groupon. http://www.groupon.com/louisville/deals/hasbro-louisville

bikerscout
07-15-2011, 06:14 AM
way waaaay out in the outer rim I saw a TF DOTM HA Roadbuster yesterday. Pm for location. I didn't stash, but put toward back of shelf

JediTricks
07-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Culver City Target had a Transformers DOTM Human Alliance Roadbuster tonight, 2 of them actually. I had just bought one at Crenshaw WM not 3 hours prior. Those stores had pretty much nothing else noteworthy, nor did La Cienega TRU, although all DOTM TF are bogo50%off again.

Roadbuster makes a HORRIBLE impression out of package, a total mess, and the instruction sheet is I believe the largest one I've seen in the last decade. But once you go through it once, the vehicle mode comes together a lot better than how it was packaged (I ignored the instructions going back, they had enough confusion and mistakes going to robot mode that I didn't want to repeat the frustration). Some interesting ideas in this figure, robot mode is a little gappy in the midsection though, and a few panels too floppy, and a REALLY ugly headsculpt, I looked up pics of the movie character and it's not half as bad, the Hasbro designers got the face too fat and wide with tiny narrow eyes, it looks so bad that the sunglasses feel like a must (they're also too small for the fat head, but what can ya do?).

JediTricks
07-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I have more TF sightings, I just forgot about them

TRU La Cienega had Voyager wave 2, Fireburst Optimus, and Sentinel Prime.

Target Culver City had Cyberverse Commander Battle Steel Optimus.

WM had a mountain of exclusive Dlx Optimus Prime, but neither of the other 2 WM-exclusive Deluxes (that I saw, anyway, but they had 3 or 4 locations for TF). I was going to buy Prime, but saw Roadbuster and only had enough scratch for one or the other - it was NOT a hard choice "gee, another sub-sized Optimus Prime with a compromised transformation, or an all-new character from the Human Alliance line that has a weaponized vehicle mode?"

BTW, Roadbuster's instruction sheet is 2 feet long and has 91 official steps, plus a few added panels to explain non-transformation stuff, and still gets a few things wrong, like the saw weapon sticking out the right side (the production paint photo at the top of the instructions clearly show this, and the saw is hinged for that direction only).

bikerscout
07-17-2011, 04:59 AM
wow. And I thought Sentinel Prime and MP Megatron were hard to transform. :( The human alliance line is nice, but for the $ u spend on them, I'd rather have a leader class. I'd love a LC Blackout, DOTM Megs, and Fallen - as would most people.

"I answer to no one." "I am a Prime.." -love that quote

Maradona
07-17-2011, 02:02 PM
The Green Lantern Movie Masters are being clearanced out at selected Targets. I picked up Rot Lop Fan for $7.48. I didn't initially plan on picking up these figures, and I still won't purchase ANY of the others currently available in stores, but for just over $7, RLF had a very reasonable likeness to the comic, as did the Green Man figure, which I mistakenly bought from Matty a couple of months ago.

darkagent
07-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Got my SDCC exclusive Hot Toys Iron Man (Secret Project) in the mail today. Missed out on the attendee pre-order and had to pay extra for the non-attendee pre-order. Still a little steamed with that. Very cool looking figure though.

El Chuxter
07-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Found RTS Windcharger and Grapple, along with Lugnut, Perceptor, Deep Dive, and G2 Laser Optimus Prime at the Beaumont Ross today.

If you're in the area, don't bother looking for Grapple or Windcharger, though. :D

Maradona
07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Found RTS Windcharger and Grapple, along with Lugnut, Perceptor, Deep Dive, and G2 Laser Optimus Prime at the Beaumont Ross today.

If you're in the area, don't bother looking for Grapple or Windcharger, though. :D

Good job, Chux. I'm still searching for Windcharger, though I think it's futile for me at this point.

JediTricks
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I've been hitting west LA Ross stores, just nothing coming up for Windy or his case-mates. Looks like it's a random thing, Chux told me earlier that he had hit that same Ross just 2 days prior and there was no sign.

El Chuxter
07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I can't make any promises, obviously, but I've found that the Beaumont, Yucaipa, Redlands, and Moreno Valley Rosses tend to get things around the same time. There are some serious scalpers here (and I think they all work at the Wal-Mart a few hundred yards from Ross, no joke), but they seem to take their time getting to Ross, so I might eventually be able to score some extras.

JediTricks
07-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Any help here would be hot.

Maradona
07-20-2011, 02:12 AM
so I might eventually be able to score some extras.

Thanks, Chux! I've seen a scalper post pictures of a dozen Windchargers to rile up some people on another site, so I'm fully aware of the competition that is faced.

Chaddymac
07-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Stopped at a TRU on my way back from the con and found the Y-Wing (has it been sighted already?). I also saw the Bluray packs and a bunch of the Battle Over Endor packs (I've only ever seen them once in the wild long ago, so that many kind of shocked me) the BluRay packs look good if you never got the originals. Not enough new for me, though.

Update: Found Transformers DOTM Spacecase at a Target in Tustin. Only one. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

CrunchyNug
07-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Long time, no post! Been hiding out for a while 'cause me & the wife just popped out a set of twins a few weeks ago. Couldn't make it to SDCC this year for that exact reason, but I wanted to thank those of you who helped me with my shopping.

Also, I was able to grab a Y-Wing this morning in VN. Great ship! Now that we've seen the Taun Taun & Land Speeder in TVC packaging, I'm drooling over the last 2 medium scale ships, Y-wing & B-Wing. I'll keep buying them just for the cardboard.

figrin bran
07-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Long time, no post! Been hiding out for a while 'cause me & the wife just popped out a set of twins a few weeks ago. Couldn't make it to SDCC this year for that exact reason, but I wanted to thank those of you who helped me with my shopping.

Also, I was able to grab a Y-Wing this morning in VN. Great ship! Now that we've seen the Taun Taun & Land Speeder in TVC packaging, I'm drooling over the last 2 medium scale ships, Y-wing & B-Wing. I'll keep buying them just for the cardboard.

Congrats Crunchy!

I got something on the way back from SDCC as well, the new Joe Skystriker (used the dpci at Target).

Chaddymac
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Congrats, Crunchy!

So, with all the improvements Hasbro made to the X-Wing in the trench run battlepack, I'm being seduced by it. Anyone know of a third party that offers decals so you can customize the X-Wings? I know have a few of that Power FX version and I would love to be able to make them different ships. That would make it so I could justify to myself buying it again.

Maradona
07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Haven't found any Wing ships, but I found the Captain America 3-pack at a local Kmart. Not sure if it's been around, but I saw it for the first time today. It was $2 off. PM for location, if interested. There were at least 20 more.

figrin bran
07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Chaddy, thanks so much for posting that Groupon HTS link a few weeks back.

I just used it to save enormously on a Starscream Skystriker! Combined with the "COMIC2011" 10% off code, I paid only $18.92 for it! :)

take that scalpers! I'm never going to forget how many I saw in the HTS line at SDCC try to exchange whatever they just bought on account of the packaging being damaged and more often than not, the cashiers would accommodate them. Way to hold up the line! Grrrr!!

JodyB
07-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I have that damn Starscream in my Cart but the site keeps crashing on me! Now I understand why you guys complain about HTS so much LOL!

*EDIT* and now it sold out in while it was sitting in my cart I wanted this one so badly... Atleast I picked up the 30th Version when I was in Missouri Last Week.

happy
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
It keeps crashing on me too and now it says that Starscream with CC is out of stock. I hate Hasbro, they should have been ready for this.

figrin bran
07-26-2011, 02:23 PM
HTS has been completely off their game with SDCC exclusives this year...everything from waiting until the last minute to release press images and pricing to how they handled their lines at SDCC to today's online sale.

Simply getting a ticket to get into the line was an investment of 2 hours. And then even with the ticket I waited 2 hours. I was also annoyed to see cashiers willing to exchange boxes that had been creased (most likely dealers that were making that request)

I never thought I'd see the day when Mattel handles SDCC exclusives much better than Hasbro.

Chaddymac
07-26-2011, 06:39 PM
It WAS frustrating. And the fact that they were sold out of so much before Sunday. Nevermind EE selling out of Rodimus before SATURDAY! I hope next year Hasbro offers the pre-order-for-pick-up option that Mattycollector used this year. I'm also kind of in love with their figure clubs. I joined the Lion Force Club on the spot, and that's not going to be a tiny blip on my finances. But damn - that 2 foot tall Voltron set looks amazing.

bikerscout
07-27-2011, 07:14 AM
As I told Darkknight4516 via text - "prepare for the worst" when he asked me about Hasbro and getting the line ticket thing. Did I call that or what? I agree 100% with what Bran said. Mattel did handle their exclusives better this year, although the line for that room was slower than molasses. I'm glad I didn't want anything at Hasbro this year. My only problem with Mattel is the no refund/no cancellation policy. I understand why it's in place, but it sucks b/c you can't get your $ back.

chaddymac -- i'm sorry to hear the Rodimus' sold out early. You got one right?? That can probably be attributed to scalpers and/or dealers and EE relaxing the limits just as Hasbro did in the first few days. This in turn screws the people who come on Sat & Sun. I saw countless bags with 4 sentinels, and 3 or 4 IJ sets. Besides the pre-order system, H needs to have more registers and/or multiple sites, no exchanges (unless the item's completely mangled), and should include the sketch book with orders of $75 or more. I also noticed the price of the Joes went up from $14 to 16. No G1 re-issues either. Weak. Hasbro really dropped the ball this year. (I'm not including the nice employees I talked to at the SW panel, Bordreaux, Depriest, sculptors, and TF dept. guys at the display booth)

Chaddymac
07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I got one. Thankfully, I was wise enough to go on Friday.

The only exclusive I wanted from the HTS booth was the pony (for my lady) and the Starscream/Cobra set, but I'm glad so went through the process on Friday - I heard complaints in the line that it took hours to get a ticket and then hours at the booth on Thursday - thankfully, Friday was a little lighter and it took me a sum total of 3 hours for both processes. I just hope they fix it next year.

JediTricks
07-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Long time, no post! Been hiding out for a while 'cause me & the wife just popped out a set of twins a few weeks ago. Couldn't make it to SDCC this year for that exact reason, but I wanted to thank those of you who helped me with my shopping.Congratulations, and good luck with raising twins - I hear they team up and get ya in your sleep. ;) Luckily, babies don't let you sleep. :D

chaddymac -- i'm sorry to hear the Rodimus' sold out early. You got one right?? That can probably be attributed to scalpers and/or dealers and EE relaxing the limits just as Hasbro did in the first few days. This in turn screws the people who come on Sat & Sun. I saw countless bags with 4 sentinels, and 3 or 4 IJ sets. Besides the pre-order system, H needs to have more registers and/or multiple sites, no exchanges (unless the item's completely mangled), and should include the sketch book with orders of $75 or more. I also noticed the price of the Joes went up from $14 to 16. No G1 re-issues either. Weak. Hasbro really dropped the ball this year. (I'm not including the nice employees I talked to at the SW panel, Bordreaux, Depriest, sculptors, and TF dept. guys at the display booth)EE was not relaxing limits. I was there Friday morning and they were sticking hard to limits, the guys ahead of me in line were trying to double up on their purchases and were shot down on every request (which made the already painfully-slow line EVEN SLOWER). EE was getting handtrucks Thursday and Friday of more MP Rodimus cases throughout each day I looked. That was the only thing I ever saw go into their booth, nothing else got more shipments the way that piece did. When I picked up MP Rodimus on Friday morning, it didn't look like they were going to run out so early in the show's run either, but they had already run out of almost everything Dr Who by then. I guess I'm lucky I got mine along with my multiple Venture Bros figure purchases - they had skunked me on Wed and Thursday with their gigantic, poorly-managed, unmoving lines, so I couldn't plan around it.

Hasbro's answer about HTS booth being "the best system we could come up with" is unacceptable. Their booth is the center of controversy EVERY YEAR now since 2007's debacle where the fire marshal nearly closed the entire convention center over their line. Hasbro needs to address 2 issues - 1) ordering is a disaster, whether online or in line; 2) there clearly ain't enough to go around, especially when your meager anti-scalper methods are failing massively. Make no mistake, Hasbro IS trying to limit scalper interference at the show, but they simply have no understanding of how it's going down. IMO, Hasbro and other retailers need to insist on SDCC clamping down on other booths selling their exclusives at the same show, that stuff is totally unacceptable - there should not be an immediate scalper price increase simply because they have sleazy resources which the rest of us collectors do not. Last year, I was in line talking to another collector, and by the time we made the first corner, 3 different scalpers had approached us to purchase for them, and had successfully made the guy ahead of me buy for them (they bribed him by picking up the Voltron rotocast figure from the Toynami booth, a booth with NO LINE - they didn't even pay for it, the exchanges were equal money!).

Big thanks to Figgy B for the hookup on TF Prime Optimus, the only HTS purchase I wanted. I refused this year to bother with that line, it's too much of a hassle on preview night, and the idea of waiting in line to wait in line is unacceptable.

Chaddymac
07-27-2011, 02:48 PM
I did hear that one scalper who had hired folks to pick up exclusives for him at HTS and ended up with more than he could carry on his own. And then, while he was answering a phone call, someone swiped half his things. He didn't see who did it and completely freaked out about it.

Justice.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Justice.And if they were Autobot toys: carma. Cue Qui-Gon's betting advice to Watto.

bikerscout
07-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Why didn't Hasbro do the badge stamping system anyway?? They did it last year or '09 I believe. Why not do it now?

Ha JT - you should've gotten Rodimus Wed. night first thing, THEN helped Steve :razz:;)

Chaddymac
07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
They did stamp badges. Why do you think they didn't?

bikerscout
07-27-2011, 09:13 PM
oh, didn't know that b/c I never bought anything in their line. Haha.

Chaddymac
07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
oh, didn't know that b/c I never bought anything in their line. Haha. Hahhahaha. And why would you?

figrin bran
07-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Why didn't Hasbro do the badge stamping system anyway?? They did it last year or '09 I believe. Why not do it now?

Ha JT - you should've gotten Rodimus Wed. night first thing, THEN helped Steve :razz:;)

A lot of dealers were able to get around the badge stamping by lining up with multiple badges. Like their exhibitor badge and a attendee badge which they bought or else some combinations of the two. The guys in front of me in the line to get the tickets for the line itself were openly boasting about how many badges they had at their disposal.

Chaddymac
07-27-2011, 11:19 PM
A lot of dealers were able to get around the badge stamping by lining up with multiple badges. Like their exhibitor badge and a attendee badge which they bought or else some combinations of the two. The guys in front of me in the line to get the tickets for the line itself were openly boasting about how many badges they had at their disposal. If you buy a separate badge for each day, you can do it too. I've often considered it. But I'm not that greedy.

bikerscout
07-28-2011, 05:24 AM
no wonder Hasbro sold out so *&(%&*in early. Geezus. &^$^&%#$^@ scalpers!!!!!!!! Destroy them we must.

figrin bran
07-28-2011, 12:51 PM
HTS did something positive for a change. Starscream Skystriker has arrived at my home already, even though I never got a shipping notice.

DarkKnight4516
07-28-2011, 06:29 PM
So really long time no post. And sadly i have no new babys like crunchy to use as my reason ha im just lazy. Btw congrats to crunch a munch on the twins. SOOOOOOO new finds. Picked up my new super articulated republic commandos at sdcc.UMMMMMMM Got my deathstar 14pack thats news. last year i got a ticket at noon that said come at 4 which wasnt bad no extra line outside the turnstiles. this year i got my hasbro ticket on thurs at 9 am that said come back at 2pm. they when i came back at 2 then said come back at 4 there 2 hrs behind. then 4 turned to 5. then 5 to we gave out to many tickets come back tomarrow morning. arrived right as the doors opened and still waited over an hour and a half. oh well at least i got it.

Also found a bwing 2 weeks back at burb kmart. Ywing , tru deluxe geonosian w speeder, rebel w transport, commander blackout, and there were 2 republic shuttles i saw all at tru lacieniga few days back but passed on the shuttle. Gona wait for the commander blackout promo to get a second one free when i get that one.

What else what else. Oh and was i the only one that looked at hasbros slideshow this year and went thats it? wheres the rest? seriously hasbro thats a weak line up. 40 figures in 1 year. Havent had that since 2001. At least 52 come on Big H get it together.

And im glad they see we need more wedge packed in too. At least there slightly using there head.

JediTricks
07-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Target Culver City - yikes, so much nothing for SW. Transformers had the new exclusive deluxe repaints, but no Space Case.

Ha JT - you should've gotten Rodimus Wed. night first thing, THEN helped Steve :razz:;)That was the original plan, but as usual, SDCC gave an inaccurate time for when they were letting folks in, and we only knew it was going down when we heard, and I kid you not, a THUNDERING HERD plowing down to the HTS booth. I was the first to figure out what was going down, 5:47pm, what kind of an open-door time is that? Anyway, Steve and I were already in the middle of a booth walkthrough, couldn't just up and leave.

BTW, EE didn't stamp their badges, not sure how they expected to work their limits. I guess transaction-only, can't hope everybody would remember everybody else's customers.

What else what else. Oh and was i the only one that looked at hasbros slideshow this year and went thats it? wheres the rest? seriously hasbro thats a weak line up. 40 figures in 1 year. Havent had that since 2001. At least 52 come on Big H get it together.

And im glad they see we need more wedge packed in too. At least there slightly using there head.No, we were all there and said the same thing, and then they go "more at NYCC" and I swear you could hear the eyes rolling in their sockets.

figrin bran
07-28-2011, 11:16 PM
BTW, EE didn't stamp their badges, not sure how they expected to work their limits. I guess transaction-only, can't hope everybody would remember everybody else's customers.

Funny thing is that on Preview Night in the EE line, the guy in front of me asks the employee if there are any purchasing limits and he said there were none per se but if you wanted to clean out their inventory, it was a definite no. However, purchasing 2 or 3 of a particular item was okay.

And yet, on Friday evening, I saw one guy that had purchased an entire case of the Faker/Bizarro 2 packs attempting to return them because all of the cards had damage.

So HTS delivered the Starscream Skystriker to me today but they neglected the packing invoice!

Maradona
07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Drove back to Los Angeles from Las Vegas yesterday and picked up several things along the way. First off, I love how GI Joe is actually stocked in Vegas. At their Walmart, I walked in just before noon and found 2 Alley Vipers and 2 Fireflies. At their Target, I picked up a POC Viper and the new Skystriker. While there, I purchased two Target exclusive Captain America 2-packs, one with the Red Skull and one with Crossbones. This Target also had a variety of 75% clearance prices on Tron toys. I couldn't resist $2.48 for Flynn's lightcycle (potential custom fodder for a future blue, red, and yellow), $1.74 figures, and $.74 die casts. At TRU, I purchased a Y-Wing and exclusive Stealth Trooper. I wanted to go to their K-Mart to search for a B-Wing, but I didn't know where one was. Another plus for Vegas is lower tax. There were still several of each of these, if anyone wants to go. It's a long toy run, but a full one if along the way you stop at each Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls, as well.

bikerscout
07-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Bran -- that means it's free and/or u can't return it...... :confusion:

Maradona -- wow that's waaaaaayyyyy outer rim. Even grievous wouldn't hide there.... :emmersed:

darknight4516 -- Did i call the Hasbro debacle or what?? Glad u got your item.

Crunchy -- if I hadn't already mentioned this, congrats on the twins!! Boy & girl. Very cool!! & many SW jokes to follow :smile:

JT -- plmk when ur free to meetup, i'll text u later i guess. Got a weird schedule this wknd

darkagent
07-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Maradona - You are nuts!

Lucky for me that the only thing I wanted from Hasbro this year was the Marvel Legends Thor. I was able to get it on Sunday without having to wait in line very long (maybe 5 mins.).

El Chuxter
07-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Target had the Clone Wars Bounty Hunter set on clearance for $12.48. I got one for my daughter.

I also found two of the "canceled" GIJoe Rise of Cobra Alpha Vehicles (the SHARC and Lava Pod) at a Tuesday Morning, so if anyone still needs 'em and is near a Tuesday Morning, you can give them a shot. (Of course, Tuesday Mornings are tougher to find and more hit-and-miss than Ross ever dreamed of being.)

Maradona
07-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Maradona - You are nuts!

Admittedly so, but the Paris casino breakfast buffet is worth driving to.

darkagent
07-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Admittedly so, but the Paris casino breakfast buffet is worth driving to.

Ha Ha Ha!!!

Target Pasadena (on Lake) had a hand full of the new Republic Attack Shuttles on the shelf. They were $79.99.

Chaddymac
07-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Found a B-Wing at the kmart near the Grove. I hate Hasbro for making me walk into a Kmart. There were several left as of 7pm tonight. They weren't going anywhere, though.

JediTricks
08-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Target West LA had a TVC Barriss Offee yesterday. I cared so very little. I'm beginning to wonder if Hasbro will ever make product that interests me again, either in SW or TF.

JT -- plmk when ur free to meetup, i'll text u later i guess. Got a weird schedule this wkndSorry, I have just been having crazy days the last few days and forgot. I'll text you.

I also found two of the "canceled" GIJoe Rise of Cobra Alpha Vehicles (the SHARC and Lava Pod) at a Tuesday Morning, so if anyone still needs 'em and is near a Tuesday Morning, you can give them a shot. (Of course, Tuesday Mornings are tougher to find and more hit-and-miss than Ross ever dreamed of being.)I didn't realize the Polar Sharc was a "canceled" vehicle. I ended up buying it at Ross last week because I'm a sucker for anything with the Sharc name, but it's really just a coffin with a few windows and a small tail, and the figure is a joke.

El Chuxter
08-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah, the last wave was a Ferret repaint with a Leatherneck repaint, a Mole Pod repaint with an awesome kitbash "Lava Viper" figure, a Rockslide repaint with a Dusty repaint, and the totally new Polar SHARC with a kitbash Deep Six. They wound up at Ross.

IMHO, it was moronic to have the early waves be repaints (aside from the first Rockslide or whatever it was called and the Mole Pod) and save the SHARC, which was quite important in the movie, for a wave that ended up being canceled.

bikerscout
08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
<chaddymac sits in his pimped out office with his b-wing & grilled cheese> :witless:

JT -- lack of interesting product can be a good thing man - saving $!! Although it was shocking and depressing at the same time to see so little new stuff in Hasbro's SDCC displays. Still need to prep your stuff for tomrw :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Fox Hills Target had a lone TVC Weequay Skiff Master, I bought.

Culver City Target had bupkis. Ross there had nothing TF, but 1 more of those x-wing pilot comic packs.

La Cienega Target had a lone TVC Phase I Clone, I bought, all the new Class 1 Fleet Vehicles w/ Figures - I bought Castas (they had 1 more) and both Recon Speeder Fighter Things (they were on clearance price, yay, and will go nicely next to the AT-TE and TX-130) - and they had 2 of the Republic Attack Shuttles which I am still on the fence about.

All 3 stores had the exclusive TF deluxes minus Space Case, and all 3 had non-core sets of the latest Bakugan line on deep clearance, with La Cienega having the Colossus Dragonoid for sub-$10. I hate that I really like Bakugan, because they're way too expensive to buy the rest of the time, but Target has had them on deep clearance twice this year, so it requires a deft hand and loads of patience - oh, and care, as I accidentally bought a duplicate figure and Bakugan in different colors today. :p

Yeah, the last wave was a Ferret repaint with a Leatherneck repaint, a Mole Pod repaint with an awesome kitbash "Lava Viper" figure, a Rockslide repaint with a Dusty repaint, and the totally new Polar SHARC with a kitbash Deep Six. They wound up at Ross.

IMHO, it was moronic to have the early waves be repaints (aside from the first Rockslide or whatever it was called and the Mole Pod) and save the SHARC, which was quite important in the movie, for a wave that ended up being canceled.That guy in the orange polar jacket is supposed to be Deep Six?!? I tossed the packaging just a few minutes ago, didn't notice the figure's name, kinda glad I stopped clipping bios!

Hasbro has been pulling that "stretch the mold budget way too deep" crap on so many of their lines the past year and a half, SW, Joe, and TF are all suffering horribly due to their hopes that the market will simply bear repaints while also bearing drastically higher pricepoints.

JT -- lack of interesting product can be a good thing man - saving $!! Although it was shocking and depressing at the same time to see so little new stuff in Hasbro's SDCC displays. Still need to prep your stuff for tomrw :thumbsup:No kidding! I found 2 TVC figures and a few sale items and a class 1 fleet vehicle today, and I may not be able to drive anywhere or eat in 2 weeks. WTF?!?

bikerscout
08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Greetings Programs!

In my travel to pan. city walmart (bran's favorite) I stashed an aqua droid. PM or text for location. This store also had 2 CW El Les's on the pegs, which I left.

My friend told me he saw the SW BR commemorative sets at a target in the valley yesterday. Said there were only 6 sets out (one for each movie). Forgot to ask which aisle. Pm or text for locale.

End of line

Maradona
08-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I have seen the Blu Ray Commemorative sets in two places. Out too are the next wave of Target Vintage 3-packs, of which I scored two of the three. The Attack Shuttles seem to have attacked everywhere I go. I think I'll wait for a nice sale or clearance for this one. Also picked up the new Joker/Harley 2-pack. There was another left along with a couple of Capt. Marvel/Black Adam sets. PM for locations. I also picked up the new Young Justice figures, which I thought were too expensive. Luckily, the SDCC Mattel coupons work on these and the DCUC 2-packs.

El Chuxter
08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Do they make Miss Martian or Artemis in the YJ line? My daughter loves that show, and we were disappointed when McDonald's had their Happy Meal promo and not only only made the dudes from the team, but had Batman, Superman, and Captain Cold (of all people) instead of daring to make the ladies.

Maradona
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Artemis is in the line now and comes with a bunch of accessories. Ms. Martian will undoubtedly arrive at some point.

Chaddymac
08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Complete set of Blu-Ray packs, Republic Shuttle, Y-Wing at TRU Burbank. And if you're an army builder, every Vintage trooper is in great supply there.

El Chuxter
08-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Later SW figures showing up at Inland Empire Targets. One had Barris, Bom, and Logray (until I stopped by :D). Another had several of each and one Pellos Scramble (who's also gone now :D). A third had Fi-Ek and the AT-RT Driver.

JediTricks
08-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Target Culver City had the blu-ray packs yesterday, I forgot about them. And the new 3-figure "Battle" Packs - yeesh.

wampaslayr
08-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Found all of Wave 7 (Finally!) at Canyon Country Target today. It appears all the Targets are expanding their SW sections with a display on the end of the aisle. Also found the Battle Pack with Cad Bane as a Clone, but passed on it because I can't justify the $20 price for that one figure.

Jango Speck
08-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Saw the Grievous talking mask at Target- pretty cool stuff. I have Vader, but am considering grabbing a Boba Fett if they ever go on sale.

Also saw the Blu-ray commemorative figure sets- nice packaging but ho-hum on the figs. Good to see Bly in there though.

bikerscout
08-08-2011, 02:27 AM
PR Tru -- saw new SW BR figure packs (all sets). Didn't check price. $20(?) each. Tons of tvc clones and sandtroopers there too.

PR wally -- saw new CW deluxe vehicles (Arf & can't remember the other pack), new 3 packs (Bane Escape episode + Point rain arf pack), Tvc At-rt driver, weequay, and some senate guards as well (wide shot pic on card).

saw new dlx exclusive cybertronian tattoo BB at Target i think? sorry, running on lack of sleep. Also saw Gen. wheeljack and warpath in my travels. Didn't have time to stash, sorry. Pm for location.

figrin bran
08-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I picked up the CW Scout Speeder with ARF from Target for only $5.08! I guess what happened is that the UPC got tied to the DCPI for the vehicles + figures on the old packaging (like Cad Bane w. Speeder).

bikerscout
08-09-2011, 07:28 AM
bran --sweet deal. if u get another, plmk, I'll buy one off ya.

haven't seen Rep. Attack Shuttle nor mp rodimus in the wild yet

JediTricks
08-09-2011, 06:29 PM
La Cienega TRU was honoring the 2 for $11 deal for TVC, so I bought 4 of their 6 TVC Ep 2 Clones. They also had 1 of their new exclusive CW Stealth Trooper, but I didn't check to see if it was part of the deal, so it's still there (top left peg in the back).

La Brea Target had a single Saga Legends Spacetrooper, which was on sale for $6.99, so I bought it.

PR Tru -- saw new SW BR figure packs (all sets). Didn't check price. $20(?) each. Tons of tvc clones and sandtroopers there too.

PR wally -- saw new CW deluxe vehicles (Arf & can't remember the other pack), new 3 packs (Bane Escape episode + Point rain arf pack), Tvc At-rt driver, weequay, and some senate guards as well (wide shot pic on card).

saw new dlx exclusive cybertronian tattoo BB at Target i think? sorry, running on lack of sleep. Also saw Gen. wheeljack and warpath in my travels. Didn't have time to stash, sorry. Pm for location.BR packs at TRU were $25 yesterday.

bran --sweet deal. if u get another, plmk, I'll buy one off ya.

haven't seen Rep. Attack Shuttle nor mp rodimus in the wild yetDude?!? I had an extra one at $4.78 in my trunk when we went to lunch last week, I thought you said you didn't want it. I have an extra still (I bought another extra) if you want it.

Rep Attack Shuttle only at Targets so far, but at every one.

Maradona
08-09-2011, 06:32 PM
This might be old news, but Costco has a new double multipack deal for $24 - two battle packs for that.

Chaddymac
08-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Rep Attack Shuttle only at Targets so far, but at every one.

I bought mine at TRU Burbank with 20% off coupon. It's pretty dope.

Chaddymac
08-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Dude?!? I had an extra one at $4.78 in my trunk when we went to lunch last week, I thought you said you didn't want it. I have an extra still (I bought another extra) if you want it.

The Arf Trooper one? Red and White? I would love that bad boy if BS isn't interested.

bikerscout
08-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Wait!! I'm interested! If I knew about this glitch i would've went lookin for them. I really didn't know what pack u were talking about JT. Had only seen a pic a long time ago.

JediTricks
08-09-2011, 08:40 PM
The Arf Trooper one? Red and White? I would love that bad boy if BS isn't interested.

Wait!! I'm interested! If I knew about this glitch i would've went lookin for them. I really didn't know what pack u were talking about JT. Had only seen a pic a long time ago.Fight fight fight fight fight! ;)

Bikerscout gets that first one, but I'll tell you what Chaddy, I was going to have 2 to open, but if you can't find one at this price, I'll sell you my second, still-unopened one.

And yes, it's the ARF Trooper in red and white in the semi-enclosed-cockpit one, you both goofed on which this piece is, that's funny.

Chaddymac
08-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks - man. That's really awesome of you. But I'd pay full price if you stumble upon another one. I am loving this one and the mini Y-Wing bomber. I don't know why.

Tycho
08-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I bought Masterpiece Rodimus Prime yesterday but I'm not sure I'm keeping him. I'm going to open Kup and transform him into a robot to see if I can live with the differences in proportions.

RODIMUS PRIME (not Hot Rod - but the MP transforms into both robots) is larger than Kup (who was the same size as Hot Rod).

If I can pose Kup as an old man (like Jetfire in ROTF) - this could work. I want to own MP Rodimus Prime, however, I am running out of display space and I want toys that display WITH one another well.

A MP Cyclonus (or Leader Class) would be perfect for them to come out with in the future (Galvatron, Scourge, and Ultra Magnus and Springer as well, obviously). These could all be large 'bots. Kup, Blur, and Arcee will never work larger than the current Deluxe size. A good Wreck-Gar for me would be Scout Class or Cyberverse size.

JediTricks
08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Target Fox Hills Mall - 1x TVC Bespin Han, 1x Transformers Space Case (both bought)
TRU Culver City - 4x TVC Ep 2 Clone Trooper, still on sale 2 for $11 until Saturday (bought 2x)
Target Culver City - 1x Transformers Space Case on register endcap (left there)
Baldwin Hills WM - nothin' good
TRU West LA - 3x TVC Ep 2 Clone Trooper which is odd because I bought up all but 2 earlier in the week (left there)
Target West LA - 1x Saga Legends Spacetrooper (bought)

This is the first time I've done the complete trip since I moved to Culver City. WM isn't close enough to TRU West LA, but I should have taken the freeway from La Brea to La Cienega, I goofed there. WM is the only real downpoint in the trip, that place is a stye.

I bought Masterpiece Rodimus Prime yesterday but I'm not sure I'm keeping him. I'm going to open Kup and transform him into a robot to see if I can live with the differences in proportions.

RODIMUS PRIME (not Hot Rod - but the MP transforms into both robots) is larger than Kup (who was the same size as Hot Rod).

If I can pose Kup as an old man (like Jetfire in ROTF) - this could work. I want to own MP Rodimus Prime, however, I am running out of display space and I want toys that display WITH one another well.

A MP Cyclonus (or Leader Class) would be perfect for them to come out with in the future (Galvatron, Scourge, and Ultra Magnus and Springer as well, obviously). These could all be large 'bots. Kup, Blur, and Arcee will never work larger than the current Deluxe size. A good Wreck-Gar for me would be Scout Class or Cyberverse size.I don't have most of my figures out, but I do actually have Kup. I don't think they work together at all, here's a couple horrible shots I just took of MP OP, Hot Rod (who is only around half an inch shorter than the RP mode) and Kup:
25311 25312

El Chuxter
08-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I see a Kota in that pic!!

JediTricks
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Forgot to mention, TRU West LA had in the aisle of stuff nobody exactly wants (Minimates, video game figures, Heroes, Mario Kart junk, Batman The Dark Knight figures that will NEVER SELL) they had the new Thundercats products, but not basic figures, just Deluxe figures, vehicles, and Role Play. The deluxe figures look like garbage, and Mumm-ra is super fat. The vehicles remind me of the late '80s when any cartoon would have generic, bland vehicles just so they could have something in a box on the toy aisle, the 2 bikes are that sort of thing. The Thundertank actually looks decent, but small (well, I mean, it's got Snarf as the activation for the cockpit electronics, so it can't be that big). There are 2 small role-play items, the gauntlet and sword of omens with some but not all necessary features, both seem a tad underwhelming. The 1 big role-play item is $20, the Sword of Omens with full features - hold down the trigger and it keeps saying "thunder" over and over but in the exact same tone which is odd, letting go then engages "thundercats Hoooooo!!!!" no matter if it's in the middle of a "thunder" or not, so it doesn't quite work, and I'd much rather have Larry "the original Lion-o" Kenney than who they got (it's probably the new Lion-o, but it doesn't sound quite right).

I see a Kota in that pic!!Kota Hatchling, found it at Ross for $7 a couple weeks ago and I liked that series of toys, so I figured what the heck. Unfortunately, its sounds remind me a little of my late cat, so I can't really enjoy it. :downer:

El Chuxter
08-11-2011, 11:06 PM
TRU Redlands had the Skystriker. I passed for now. That 20% off coupon expires Sunday, and I'd really rather use it for Rodimus Prime. If he's not around within the next two days, that Skystriker will be mine. Oyes.

I've seen absolutely no Thundercats anything in the IE... aside from a single-disc (I think) best-of DVD from the first show.

Maradona
08-12-2011, 12:55 AM
If anyone still needs a Grapple, I can tell you what Ross had two at closing today. Still no luck for me on Windcharger, though.

K M Toydarian
08-12-2011, 04:35 AM
Valencia TRU picked up a Bespin Han VC and Jango VC 2/10.99 and a free Kung Zhu Hamster! I plan to somehow make a mousedroid body that can go over it and have a scurrying mouse droid. I did notice a new line of Family Guy figures from playmates that use the same tech from their simpsons line of yesteryear. Plug into a playset and plays lines. REALLY tempted me. Maybe I'll pick up the living room set tomorrow with the 20% coupon.

JediTricks
08-12-2011, 06:00 PM
I forgot, I saw the new Skystriker at Target yesterday, Culver City I think.

Tycho
08-14-2011, 02:14 PM
JediTricks: thanks for the awesome pics of the Primes grouped with Kup.

I'm going to keep looking at those pics before I open anything up. It's still a tough call for me - but yeah, it would be better if Kup were a Voyager sized figure or MP "Hot Rod" was a bit shorter. But they're all very nice figures and you're fortunate to have them in your collection.

One could argue that I have them in my collection, but I wouldn't regard that as true just yet :P They're still boxed and the receipts are less than 90 days old and scotch-taped to the packages.

No decision yet.

This would not be difficult but for both MP Hot Rod and Deluxe Kup being such great figures - though it looks like Kup has some backpack kibble. I'm still definitely keeping him though. The '50's truck alt mode is awesome!

Anyway, I'm in a similar position with Warpath, too. I'm leaning towards keeping him now, and displaying the deluxe Warpath with the Voyager Powerglide (which I love). A Legends class dunebuggy figure could make a perfectly scaled Beachcomber, too. And they make (and I own) Seaspray - a great Transformer. I love some of those G1 / Season 2 characters. Blitzwind would have to be Voyager Class or a Leader though - and Astrotrain? Definitely a Leader.

I will go on hoping!

bikerscout
08-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Blitzwing and Astrotrain would be great. Speaking of TFs, at glendale target last nite I saw Gen. dlx class Kup, warpath, Scourge, and wheeljack. 2 of each, except for KAPOW! Kaboom! ZowEEE! Fans will know who i mean :playful:

SW: New CW 3 fig battlepacks, all except for 'defend Kamino' of course. Remnants of tvc wv.5, Gree, R5-D4, and Luke. A mishmash of waves 2, 3 and 5. New Grievous roleplay helmet is pretty cool. Tempted on that one. But it needs to come down in price some.

and my crowning achievement from that target, Berry Berry Kix!! I swear I hadn't seen this cereal in almost 10 yrs. Thought it may have been discontinued. One of the tastiest & most addictive cereals ever made! On sale too with the other Kix for 2.50. Hooray!!!!

Tycho
08-15-2011, 07:23 AM
I haven't been able to get to sleep. I guess I am staying up all night and doing my work now so that I can be conscious to go to Target at the store's opening because I want the Human Alliance Leadfoot figures (2 of them).

JediTricks
08-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Chaddy & Bikerscout, hit me up to get your Dlx vehicles, I have a pretty free schedule this week, but am low on gas money until I get paid at the end of the week.

JediTricks: thanks for the awesome pics of the Primes grouped with Kup.

I'm going to keep looking at those pics before I open anything up. It's still a tough call for me - but yeah, it would be better if Kup were a Voyager sized figure or MP "Hot Rod" was a bit shorter. But they're all very nice figures and you're fortunate to have them in your collection.

One could argue that I have them in my collection, but I wouldn't regard that as true just yet :P They're still boxed and the receipts are less than 90 days old and scotch-taped to the packages.

No decision yet.

This would not be difficult but for both MP Hot Rod and Deluxe Kup being such great figures - though it looks like Kup has some backpack kibble. I'm still definitely keeping him though. The '50's truck alt mode is awesome!

Anyway, I'm in a similar position with Warpath, too. I'm leaning towards keeping him now, and displaying the deluxe Warpath with the Voyager Powerglide (which I love). A Legends class dunebuggy figure could make a perfectly scaled Beachcomber, too. And they make (and I own) Seaspray - a great Transformer. I love some of those G1 / Season 2 characters. Blitzwind would have to be Voyager Class or a Leader though - and Astrotrain? Definitely a Leader.

I will go on hoping!Sure thing. The backpack on Kup is a part I forgot to fold down, it doesn't stick up that high, I was just in a rush to get my shot.

But they don't go together at all in person, both good figures, but they have nothing in common in terms of scale.

Warpath is awesome. They made a Legends Beachcomber already, good luck finding it.

El Chuxter
08-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I went to the Palm Desert TRU yesterday to get Rodimus Prime, since the 20% off coupon was expiring and I've had better luck with toys there than Redlands or Moreno Valley (and found Grimlock there).

The place was closing. :eek: They're moving to the far end of Indio. (Never mind they're somewhat east of center in the Coachella Valley already, and this will put them about 30 minutes east of their present location, and they will still only have one store in the Valley. I think it's a big F-U to folks in Palm Springs and the San Gorgonio Pass for some reason.) Needless to say, they had nothing and weren't taking coupons.

So I drove to Moreno Valley, because 20% off Rodimus would be more than the cost of gas for the extra trip. They didn't have him; an employee freely admitted that they have scalpers waiting outside before opening on truck days and he might be impossible to get. So I got a Skystriker instead, stacking two coupons to get it for $27.

bikerscout
08-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Chuxter - why didn't u get MP Rodimus at comic con?? (maybe they were out by the time u got there). If i knew u wanted it, bran or myself could've probably gotten it for u.

JT -- mid-Wednesday or anytime Thurs. would probably be good. (still getting over what u said in CC SSG gathering thread --LOL!!)

chaddymac -- grilled cheese? :smile:

I'm likin that Defend kamino bp unfortunately its the only 1 i haven't seen in the wild. I shouldn't be spending $ though -esp. if the s.o.b. is $25. Also, my friend told me the new CW waves are hitting wally?

I tried the new berry berry kix today and it was very good, but not the same taste as the first formula. On the first go-round, the berry flavored bits were grape/wedge shape and the rest of the piece were the normal pebble shape. In this version, all pieces are the same pebble shape. Sorry if i have bored u with my cereal analysis. :tongue:

El Chuxter
08-16-2011, 08:12 AM
First, I forgot to look for the TRU booth. Second, I had absolutely no problem finding Grimlock last year, and Rodimus, though cool, is far less essential to me than Grimlock.

JediTricks
08-16-2011, 06:05 PM
TRU doesn't have a booth, they partner up with EE and sell their stuff through them. EE charges a little more but doesn't charge sales tax so it smooths right out.

Bikerscout, I'm not sure what my sched the next 2 days looks like yet, but I'll keep you up to date.

These new battle packs are a joke. "Hunt for Grievous? Oh, there he is, the ONLY OTHER FIGURE IN THE BOX!" 3 figures does not a battle make.

Tycho
08-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Chuxter, while I don't buy toys to re-sell (scalper), I wait outside the stores before they open on "truck days" so that (unless the item is old and I'd passed on it at the time it appeared at retail) I won't have to pay eBay or scalper prices.

At my stores, so far as I know, the morning crew is made up of only collectors (Hot Wheels for the most part, and the occasional SW / TF guys). Of the latter, there is a TF guy I bought (at cost) a LC Ironhide from, and he purchases more than his share. He says he picks up items for his friends. That might be true though. He didn't scalp Ironhide to me. Right now I have him asking around for me, as I'd like to get 2 more HA Barricade police cars and they are no longer shipping since ROTF / HFTD. However, I wonder if Hasbro will repaint Barricade in the white Chicago-style?

But yeah, if you're going to do a TRU run - since the driving distance for you won't change, I'd recommend going super early so you're there before the store opens. This still comes with the collecting territory.

nohagent
08-16-2011, 06:44 PM
i got to TRU about 11 am today and whoa!!!!! never seen so many people working over one truck delivery, still didnt help me find commander colt

bikerscout
08-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Tycho -- u should probably try Ross and TJ Maxx for that HA barricade. U may get lucky - who knows? And while you're there u could search for RTS windcharger.

el Chuxter -- bring a club to beat the scalpers while they're poaching the cases at TRU

too bad that tru 20% off SW sale on Monday wasn't in stores too. Not the greatest sale in the world anyway b/c the base prices were high to begin with. Geoffrey, oh geoffrey up to his tricks again. Never trust giraffes!!

JediTricks
08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Bikerscout, I can't meet up today, I have to wait for the plumber to get here and do multiple jobs, and then in the evening I have plans. I'll try to find time tomorrow though.

Chaddymac
08-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Found the Rebel Transport with Ground crew at TRU Culver City yesterday. Only one on the shelf. I know it's an exclusive, but what's its case mate(s)? Are they packed solid? I just don't remember, but I didn't see anything else new.

sonofsokol
08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Its a geonosian on a speeder. Its like the Count Dooku speeder, but repainted in the blue and gray color scheme.
Here is the link to the TRU item online:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10860162

Chaddymac
08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks for that!

Commtech
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
What up dudes? Hey, if someone sees the classic Lion-O and Tygra from Bandai, please stash. I actually need 2 Lion-O's and 1 Tygra. Thanks!

JediTricks
08-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Found Defend Kamino Battle Pack at WM Crenshaw, stashed it, PM for location.

Found Spacetrooper at Target La Cienega, again, stashed it and PM for location.

bikerscout
08-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Had a Defend kamino bp stashed for me at Pan. city wally. Passing on it -can't afford it right now. PM for location. (I know figrin is dyin to go this wally!! :wink:

forgot to look for SL for that trooper. Last nite this store had an aqua droid on the pegs too. (& tvc kit fisto + a few royal guards + peasant anakin. Need Kit, but too broke)

JediTricks
08-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Both Culver City Targets had nothing this morning, nor did CC TRU.

El Chuxter
08-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Moreno Valley WM (the one by TRU) had the GIJoe VAMP Mark II today. It looked like someone had sat on it, though, so I passed.

Maradona
08-24-2011, 10:05 PM
For those looking for Lion-O, act quickly:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W6KGUW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=pasfa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B004W6KGUW

bikerscout
08-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Weho target: SW - some tvc wave 5 remnants and usually smattering of SL. No new CW really. Did find a spacetrooper a scooped him up. Couldn't resist the 6.99 sale. Shouldn't be spendin and don't need him extremely bad. If anyone needs it, I'll sell him for price i paid.

TF: LC ironhide was there. Dinged box. 51 bux. I put him toward the back of shelf. Anyone still lookin for him, i'd grab him to save time & gas

that's a cool Lion-O, maradona

bikerscout out

El Chuxter
08-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Beaumont WM had the 30th Anniversary GIJoe figures. Not in their system yet, but I bought one of each of the six. (I hope there's just six.)

Unless I'm mistaken, given that the Cobra and Steel Brigade figures were re-released in this wave, I'm only missing Crazylegs, Cobra Commander, Hawk, Jungle BAT, Rock Viper, and Snake Eyes, along with the Blowtorch and Croc Master repaints I didn't want. Not as bad as I thought, but still not good. I hope more of these guys are released on 30th Anniversary cards. :(

Tycho
08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
SAN DIEGO report - though we usually get stuff AFTER you guys do in L.A. unless our inventory is more depleted.

I got the Deluxe Cyberverse SHOCKWAVE (the boxed type with an extra large transforming accessory) at a little bit further distant Target from me.

Apparently, my store has not gotten in these items yet, or employees are collecting or saving items for a Transformers scalper I know (yup - there is at least one, but I have a deal with him brewing, to purchase from him some items at cost, I hope - he can be cool, as he's also a major fan / collector himself but supports his hobby you-know-how). Otherwise they are not stocking toys overnight for when the store opens in the morning.

Anyway, I want the Human Alliance Leadfoot (Target exclusive, large-box, red NASCAR, $29.99 plus)

The smaller Cyberverse figures should have a new wave out soon, too - with Roadbuster amongst the basics and Starscream in the new Commander Class.

I also saw Ratchet with the lunar patrol ground vehicle, but I passed - though it looks pretty cool. (I'm just not making that diorama)

Leader Class Ironhide was finally spotted at Toys R Us but I've got 2 now, so I left him.

In STAR WARS I got the Jedi Force Anakin and JarJar 2-pack and the Landspeeder with Luke which I always wanted to go with my Galactic Heroes. I'm not going to collect Jedi Force, but when they can fill in for GH...

I saw the Dagobah Landing (Snowspeeder Pilot uniform) Luke but passed on him. He's gone now, but I think I changed my mind. I just watched Empire Strikes Back again. I think I'll have to eBay for that 2004 Muddy Dagobah R2-D2 to go with him, but I want this stuff now...

I also saw a vintage carded AT-RT Driver figure, but passed. I think I have another AT-RT from ROTS in my storage, and it comes with a non-poseable driver to the best of my knowledge. However, if I don't own one (it'd be the 2nd one) for my Kashyyyk scene, then I'll eBay.

No sign of the Yavin Rebel Hanger Transport - EVER! There are tons of the Geonosian bikes around, but I suspect there is a case that ships with them before they added the Yavin vehicle.

The Republic Assault Shuttle is in all stores now, not just TRU. But I suspect that's old news to everyone.

Maradona
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Beaumont WM had the 30th Anniversary GIJoe figures. Not in their system yet, but I bought one of each of the six. (I hope there's just six.)

Unless I'm mistaken, given that the Cobra and Steel Brigade figures were re-released in this wave, I'm only missing Crazylegs, Cobra Commander, Hawk, Jungle BAT, Rock Viper, and Snake Eyes, along with the Blowtorch and Croc Master repaints I didn't want. Not as bad as I thought, but still not good. I hope more of these guys are released on 30th Anniversary cards. :(

I'd really like to have the Red Croc Master. I haven't heard of him being spotted in the wild yet.

Chaddymac
08-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Has anybody seen the Force Unleashed II battle pack in the wild yet?

Tycho
08-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Yes, ChaddyMac, I bought a couple probably back in June.

wampaslayr
08-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Found the latest wave of CW figs at my local KMart. Picked up Savage Opress, ARF Trooper with airboard, Snow Koon, and Cmdr Jet. Savage is the winner out of this bunch. Hated paying $9.00 per figure but with the lack of new product in Santa Clarita lately, thought I would buy them now in case I can't find them later. I can always return them if I find them cheaper.

bikerscout
08-26-2011, 04:24 AM
Great to see this thread is coming alive again with finds. The only really new thing I found tonight was a TF at Culv. city target. HA Leadfoot. He has been claimed. Both CC target & TRU had at least one LC Ironhide.

as for SW, no new CW, no exciting TVC either.

Saw the Skystriker at TRU -nice box, just no room for it (or $!). On the topic of Joes - El chuxter, I need a good Cobra cmdr and was wondering which one you would recommend? I loved the Resolute design, but he was too hard to find & like an idiot i think i passed when i did see him. (Hadn't seen Resolute by that time -loved the cartoon!). Haven't seen the 30th anniversary cards, but will keep my eyes peeled.

Tycho sux for finding the TFU II BP before everyone else :ambivalence::wink:. How much did that run?

JediTricks
08-26-2011, 01:49 PM
From last night...
Target West Hollywood had Transformers Leader Class Ironhide but it was $52. Nothing SW.

Kmart Fairfax had no figures.

Has anybody seen the Force Unleashed II battle pack in the wild yet?

Yes, ChaddyMac, I bought a couple probably back in June.No, he's talking about the NEW and FINAL Force Unleashed multi-pack (it's not actually from TFU2 despite what Hasbro said at SDCC) that's hitting TRUs very lightly, it has Sith Starkiller, Darth Phobos, Imperial Navy Commando and Officer, and yet another Evo trooper. Anyway, I've only seen 2 reports of these hitting, both in late July, but no sightings personally and not seen sightings since.

El Chuxter
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
bikerscout, let me look over my Cobra Commanders and let you know what's the best aside from the Resolute one. I can't swear to it since I don't have it yet, but I think the second Pursuit of Cobra one (http://www.daxieboytoys.com/catalog/CobraCommander1113.jpg) might be the best; I think it's a kitbash from the Resolute version and the comic pack version that came with Tripwire. (Speaking of which, that set was easy to find at one point, and I've seen it recently at Big Lots, so that might be the best easily-obtainable one.)

Off the usual subjects, but if any of you were collecting the Toy Story 3 Buddies, or wanted to but didn't because every two pack comes with another frickin' Buzz or Woody and they cost $8 a set, I found quite a few at the 99 Only store in Cathedral City. I got the Peas, Rocky, Pricklepants, Bookworm, and the Green Alien for my daughter, since $4.95 for the lot of them made me care a lot less that it meant three more Woodies and two more Buzzes.

Tycho
08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Yes. I have Darth Phobos in the FINAL FORCE UNLEASHED battlepack. It was like $45+ at TRU, too. IIRC

What sucks is I can't find HA Leadfoot down here in San Diego - or my Target is catering to my "scalper friend." I believe he drove up and down the coast (through SD and Orange County anyway) and bought 36 of them for some scalper-dealer in Japan that he makes deals with. Presumably, I can buy ONE from him at cost (as well as another HA Barricade I want to pick up for lack of HA Scale Decepticons***) but he is a hard one to pin down. I have an idea where I can find him though - if I want to pay the door-charge to go in and find him. *Sigh*

I might make a run to K-Mart now, as I'd like to have a chance to buy Savage Opress. I believe he fought Ventress who made him submit to her when he was shirtless amongst the Nightsisters, right?

LC Ironhide has sat at my TRU inspite of a buy 1 get 1/2 off the 2nd Transformers sale. ????? WTF? He's a great LC figure. One of the best they've ever made. Maybe a month ago I was trying very hard to claim at least 2 of him. But if he's not moving, and Sentinel Prime is sitting (in spite of being a great character performed well Leonard Nimoy), I don't think things look good for the LC line. But BUMBLEBEE (LC) sold through. :rolleyes: Whatever. Sentinel is a FIRETRUCK of all things. Bumblebee (the Camaro) has been offered in every scale but Scout Class for the past 5 years!

It's possible that I'm seeing the shelves refreshed of cases with only Ironhide and Sentinel Prime now, however.

bikerscout
08-27-2011, 09:57 AM
$45 for the TFU bp?? Goooooodd*&%&n. They shoulda threw in a midsize vehicle too for that price! I don't know why i wrote TFU 2 pack before. I meant to put TFU bp, and knew that Hasbro meant the first TFU.

JT -- Gonna show a pic of your little friend to tycho?? :wink: Lol!

chuxter ---thanx. I'll try & look for that one. The hyperlink in your post - is that the exact one from the pack? or 30th anniv? ?

El Chuxter
08-27-2011, 11:47 AM
That's the Pursuit of Cobra version, which supposedly hit a couple of months ago, but I've seen nothing but millions of Arctic Destros and "Zartans in Raptor Disguise" and don't know if anyone else has actually found it. (I know a few other characters from the wave have been found.)

Yojoe.com is usually pretty good about listing the "recipes" used for figures when it comes to re-used parts, but they've been slow to update and this one (I think he'd be version 42, by their count) isn't on there yet. It's tough to tell from the picture at that size, but it's definitely the Resolute head and helmet. The legs look like they're from a previously existing CC, but I have no idea which (could be any of them, even the ROC version). Not sure if the torso is molded that way, but it looks like he's wearing an overcoat, which is likely a separate piece; not sure if that's new, but I'm not recognizing it immediately. (It may be from the canceled Arctic Cobra Commander that was supposed to come out a couple of years ago.) No idea on the arms; can't see them well enough. He looks like he comes with the cape from the comic pack Cobra Commander (and, IIRC, was also used in the 5-pack that I call the "Valor vs Venom throwback BattlePack," which had 25th Anniversary figures repainted in Valor vs Venom color schemes).

El Chuxter
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
BTW, the definitive Snake Eyes would definitely be #54 (http://www.yojoe.com/action/11/snakeeyes54.shtml) from December, which can still be found on shelves occasionally.

Chaddymac
08-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Anyone interested in a TRU Rebel Transport? I found and bought an extra for anyone who wants. If not, he's going back to the store.

Also picked up the Thundercat twins. I think I'm gonna just get Cheetara on Amazon so I can stop hunting.

bikerscout
08-29-2011, 03:24 AM
BTW, the definitive Snake Eyes would definitely be #54 (http://www.yojoe.com/action/11/snakeeyes54.shtml) from December, which can still be found on shelves occasionally.

Chuxter: I like this SE, but I have the last 3 that came out from the lines before the card change. The one with silver weapons, cartoon SE, and arctic SE (which i'm an idiot & haven't opened yet). Also haven't opened my HoH Firefly and Beachead. (sp?). Both of those guys look so badass! Still reading your info re: CC. Thanks. Man, so many!

If no one wants that SL spacetrooper - he'll be offered for trade on scum or taken back to store.

Thx to JT for the scout speeder. Hope u got some cool stuff for your bday! Stuff from my bday is still coming in the mail. Wonder what it is?

Can't wait to get the 25th anniv. Unicron in the mail. Anyone else order that?!? (<--bday gift to myself :smug:)

bikerscout
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM
SL spacetroop has been claimed. What's with these weird smilie things? -seems like the selection changes every day

JediTricks
08-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Thx to JT for the scout speeder. Hope u got some cool stuff for your bday! Stuff from my bday is still coming in the mail. Wonder what it is? Sure thing, glad you dig it.

I got Making of ESB, Transformers Vault, a Spyderco Salt knife (won't rust because it's using nitrogen instead of carbon in the steel), a Dyson Air Multiplier (this was a big out-of-left-field gift), and LA Noire for the PS3. All of which I should be enjoying right now instead of posting. :p

What did you get?

Anyone interested in a TRU Rebel Transport? I found and bought an extra for anyone who wants. If not, he's going back to the store.I'm interested, but how much was it? Some stores are charging $20, which I really don't want to pay, while others are charging $16.99 which I'll begrudgingly pay. :p

Chaddymac
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Let me check my receipt - I don't remember off hand. Cheapskate :)

bikerscout
08-30-2011, 09:32 PM
My stuff came yesterday. What did I get? I got a target giftcard from my sister and some $ from my parents. Will also be getting a Rock & roll HoF t-shirt in the mail soon --my dad was just there. Between that, and what I treated myself to (new Watch The Throne cd and amazon's Unicron) I'm pleased. :frog::playful:

Chaddymac
08-30-2011, 10:10 PM
My stuff came yesterday. What did I get? I got a target giftcard from my sister and some $ from my parents. Will also be getting a Rock & roll HoF t-shirt in the mail soon --my dad was just there. Between that, and what I treated myself to (new Watch The Throne cd and amazon's Unicron) I'm pleased. :frog::playful:

My Unicron showed up today. A very impressive piece. I'm thrilled with him. I only wish the first release had been this cool.

El Chuxter
08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
What's the difference with Unicron aside from color differences?

Chaddymac
08-31-2011, 01:36 PM
What's the difference with Unicron aside from color differences?

Mostly it's the color differences and the new head mold to match the original movie animation, but I also think they used different plastic for the dome pieces (I'm not even sure whether it's clear and painted over or a solid color, but the quality of the plastic is a little more rubbery - I think this is a good thing). I think they adjusted the chest missile mechanism as well since it doesn't seem to want to auto fire anymore. Otherwise, it's the same figure, but those differences have a significant impact, IMHO

JediTricks
09-02-2011, 01:27 PM
3 TF HA Leadfoots at Target La Cienega on Tuesday afternoon I think, would have reported sooner but got caught up with a family emergency that has taken up much of my time since, and don't know if it's still there.

Let me check my receipt - I don't remember off hand. Cheapskate :)It's the principle of the thing! The $3 in principle. Or is that principal? ;) Anyway, as per our text conversation, I'm down, but my sched is a little unsure right now with a family emergency.

JediTricks
09-02-2011, 01:27 PM
My stuff came yesterday. What did I get? I got a target giftcard from my sister and some $ from my parents. Will also be getting a Rock & roll HoF t-shirt in the mail soon --my dad was just there. Between that, and what I treated myself to (new Watch The Throne cd and amazon's Unicron) I'm pleased. :frog::playful:Pretty cool!

El Chuxter
09-02-2011, 01:36 PM
For those of you who collect Transformers but aren't reading that thread, I found Windcharger again, at the same Ross store. I'm guessing he might be like the "Target Exclusive" third wave of Rise of Cobra Deluxe Figures that leaked into Ross steadily (though slowly) for several months.

(And, really, if they'd released that wave first, with the Trouble Bubble and Cobra Gun Battery, both with army builders, all of them would've sold better. Course, that's easy to say in theory, since even the highly-anticipated SNAKE Armor pegwarmed.)

Maradona
09-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Good to hear that the Windcharger is showing up in more abundance. I still need to find one. I found a Grapple for a friend, but still no sign of WC. On the Joe front, apparently Walgreen's is stocking the 30th Ann figures, though I've personally found no evidence.

JediTricks
09-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Nothing last night at Crenshaw WM or La Cienega Target.

Commtech
09-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Stupid question: For the prototype Boba Fett.... Can I use ANY UPC symbols from old figures? For example: Will power of the force UPC symbols work? OR power of the Jedi or ROTS? Thanks!

bikerscout
09-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Good question. I'm hoping anything 2007 and beyond will work. :encouragement:

JediTricks
09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
It says their Star Wars collections, it's not clear that it means current collections, but I would definitely assume that to be the case. Anything you can buy on the shelf now, even at clearance or liquidation, so CW, SL, and TVC of course, but also TLC as well. I wouldn't risk anything older than that since processing a fail takes a very long time so you won't know you'll have to reapply until very late in the program.

bikerscout
09-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Mailed for Fett today. Used 3 CW, 1 tvc, and 1 TLC UPC that I prepped last night. Also while at the P.O., I picked up the destroyer of planets, the galactus of the TF universe --Unicron. Unless my G1 Metroplex is taller, he will be the largest TF I own!!! A giant! He probably was smooshed during shipment b/c the packing bubble inside was flat and the corners of Unicron's bubble/packaging were popped out at the seams. :suspicion: Other than that, I love so far!! Dunno when I'll get around to opening. Still need to open ROTF legends Devastator and DOTM LC Ironhide. And Rodimus!

Chaddymac
09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
You, friend, have some joyous occasions ahead of you.

JediTricks
09-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Unicron should be taller than Metroplex. If you had Fortress Maximus though, that'd be taller (as would Beast Machines Cheetor, IIRC).

JediTricks
09-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Bikerscout just called me on a sighting:
Los Feliz has wave 7, 2 Fordos (plus 1 yesterday that he stashed me and I bought), plus 2 Spacetroopers.
Glendale Target has 3 TF HA Leadfoot, and Eagle Rock has 2 more.

My own sighting, Bom Vimdin at La Cienega Target (I bought) plus 5 HA Leadfoots.

bikerscout
09-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Bikerscout just called me on a sighting:
Los Feliz TRU has wave 7, 2 Fordos (plus 1 yesterday that he stashed me and I bought), plus 2 Spacetroopers.
Glendale Target has 3 TF HA Leadfoot, and Eagle Rock has 2 more.

My own sighting, Bom Vimdin at La Cienega Target (I bought) plus 5 HA Leadfoots.

thx for the advance posting JT. Slight correction on the HA leadfoots - there were 4 at glendale gall. target and 3 at Eagle rock. If you're looking for X-men First Class BR/dvd, glendale target did not get their shipment. Eagle rock did. I'd call a store ahead of time if you're hunting for it.

LF tru: in the smaller SW section, there are unpunched tvc figures (sitting on shelf) - Gen. Lando, senate guards (wide shot pic), and 1 more from that wave - sorry forgot who. I stashed one of the 2 spacetroopers. PM, text or call for location. The other should be in an island display, front of store, near bottom. What sucks is no Tfu bps. They did have a LC ironhide, no Rodimus for tf fans.

it appears that target is having a sale on role play helmets/masks, BPs and tvc 3 pks. == $17.99 each

PR Tru -- new cw wave supposedly hit. Seripas wave, no savage

oh ya, glendale tj maxx had a HA Bumblebee, 3 voyager RTS Deep Dives, and a few Joe & cobra mech suit sets. Forget names

Get your butts out there and give hasbro all of your $!! :chuncky:

wampaslayr
09-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Found the Defend Kamino BP at Stevenson Ranch WM yesterday. ARC Commander Blitz is worth the price. They had a couple more at the time I was there. Valencia TRU also had the exclusive BP with the spider droid.

bikerscout
09-10-2011, 04:52 AM
i dunno if Blitz is worth $27 with tax included. That's pretty steep.

Figrin & Maradona -- U guys r gonna have to fight for the spacetrooper..........just kidding, but this is tough for me b/c you both responded at the same time. In a perfect world, one of you would get the stash & one would get the one still in the display. That would have to be done probably first thing in the am though, if it is still there. Well, i guess u guys decide between yourselves. Too bad maradona's phone is on the fritz. I don't have a smartphone myself, and can't communicate faster than I would if i had my laptop. Gotta work tomrw morning, but should be able to check my PMs in the afternoon.

if $ weren't an object I would've bought an extra fordo yesterday. Shoulda stashed em. Sorry i didn't

Crunchy -- forgot to ask, how are the twins?? (twin sunsets!)

Maradona
09-10-2011, 12:56 PM
I still feel indebted to Figrin for his HTS help at SDCC. Without his help, I'd have no Starscream SkyStriker or carded Zarana. I happily yield.

And I've decided I have to bite the bullet and go to a smart phone. I rarely feel the need to go online while I'm out. I don't have a ton of email I feel compelled to read quickly. But it seems like I'm steered in the direction of the smarties since all of my Verizon options to change out are weak. I'll be trying out Costco to see if they offer a good enough deal to avoid the galleria VZW store.

JediTricks
09-10-2011, 05:17 PM
i dunno if Blitz is worth $27 with tax included. That's pretty steep. $25 is only the price at TRU, Target and WM have them for $20. That said, I agree with you, Blitz wasn't worth $22 in my book when I found and stashed the set a few weeks ago at WM. Nobody claimed, I checked, it got swept up.

Figrin & Maradona -- U guys r gonna have to fight for the spacetrooper..........just kidding, but this is tough for me b/c you both responded at the same time. In a perfect world, one of you would get the stash & one would get the one still in the display. That would have to be done probably first thing in the am though, if it is still there. Well, i guess u guys decide between yourselves. Too bad maradona's phone is on the fritz. I don't have a smartphone myself, and can't communicate faster than I would if i had my laptop. Gotta work tomrw morning, but should be able to check my PMs in the afternoon.I guarantee I can find another Spacetrooper on my side of town, I've been passing them up left and right at Targets. Figgy or Maradona can have that stash, whichever one doesn't get the one you stashed..

bikerscout
09-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Right on JT. The p**ser is that now that they're on sale at target --they're all gone. Probably before the sale. We can't win. :sulkiness:

JediTricks
09-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Right on JT. The p**ser is that now that they're on sale at target --they're all gone. Probably before the sale. We can't win. :sulkiness:I think I got both of mine on sale at Target, and the first one I stashed was during that sale as well.

bikerscout
09-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Maradona, PM sent.

Tycho
09-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Week's finding update (from San Diego):

Savage Opress / Seripas wave - very nice CW figures. I turned down the Cold Weather Jedi. I enjoyed their Dark Horse comic but right now I don't desire to recreat that particular scene. I did buy the Special Ops clone from that wave. He has more gear than the TRU exclusive one, but it's basically the same figure. I just iiked the extra pilot gear stuff this one is included with. Now I hope they make the Cloak Ship's actual pilot, and the Separatist Admiral Trench, plus a CW Bail Organa. CW also needs some Night Sister figures.

I also got the spider droid with the baby spider droids and 501st Clones battle pack. Too bad they don't yet make Dutchess Satine!

Human Alliance Leadfoot (Target exclusive) - way cool. I want the Wreckers (NASCARs) in all possible assortments. Now only Top Spin needs a HA figure. I also got the Cyberverse Leadfoot (the last one they needed done) but I want one more of his CV car. I'll have to hunt.

I saw the CW Republic Cannon platform (from Christophis and the CW movie) in the basic size vehicle assortment, but another collector beat me to it. It's definitely on the shopping list.

JediTricks
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
TRU All SW 30% off sale doesn't apply to everything, turns out all SW on sale but not all is 30% off, I detailed this in an article:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/content.php/407

TRU La Cienega - TVC Bom Vimdin (I stashed but am already having a hard time remembering where so PM me soon), others, TCW Capt Rex new version (I bought), TFU 5-packs in great number. I bought 2 of the TFU packs, one for me and one for Bikerscout, and they were nice enough to agree with me that the 30% off applies to everything SW except video games (which are clearly marked in the flyer 20% off) so they reduced those packs down from their 10% off. And I got LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars for PS3 from $20 down to $16.

Got the free R2-D2 USB drive, it's a 2gb from Jazwares, haven't opened to check out its content yet, looks like it could be soft rubber, and it's action figure size which is a bit big for a USB drive.

TRU Culver City - TVC General Lando, others, TCW Arctic Kit Fisto (which I stashed but VERY poorly), some TFU 5-packs, TRU-exclusive Droid Attack sets, and a lone Defend Kamino BP. I was going to buy Y-wing, Defend Kamino and Droid Attack, but they wouldn't honor 30% off despite Battle Packs being shown IN THE PHOTO ON THE FLYER! So since I wasn't buying them, they put them in the go-backs and I couldn't stash.

Tycho, where did you see the walking cannon? I'm assuming Target based on the Leadfoot sighting, but am not sure.

El Chuxter
09-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Seriously doubt anyone wants to make the drive, but the new Indio TRU had one Spacetrooper and one ARC Trooper Commander. I was going to get the Spacetrooper, but the service was insanely slow and I got sick of waiting to pay for an upgrade to a figure I was fine living without when I missed him last year. :D

Maradona
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM
My thanks go out to Bikerscout for the Spacetrooper stash.

bikerscout
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Ur welcome Maradona. :encouragement:

quick report: baldwin walmart -- island of tvc for Blu release, mostly wave 5. Stormies were not updated versions. Lame! Think they had a LC ironhide for tf.

Baldwin target -- nothing good iirc

Rosemead wally -- those of u in my phone got the pix of the marvel 16" sentinel!!!!! Cool box, although they weren't mint. "try me" covers torn. No island for tvc, but u should look for it if ur nearby in next few days. They had a smattering of wave 5 & older junk

Maradona
09-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I got that text, Bikerscout. It was my first MMS text on the new phone.

figrin bran
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
I still feel indebted to Figrin for his HTS help at SDCC. Without his help, I'd have no Starscream SkyStriker or carded Zarana. I happily yield.

And I've decided I have to bite the bullet and go to a smart phone. I rarely feel the need to go online while I'm out. I don't have a ton of email I feel compelled to read quickly. But it seems like I'm steered in the direction of the smarties since all of my Verizon options to change out are weak. I'll be trying out Costco to see if they offer a good enough deal to avoid the galleria VZW store.

Well it worked out for both of us as the text from bikerscout about the stash location never got through to me but I found the one in the island pallet display.

I also got from LF TRU, an AT-RT Driver and Weequay plus the Force Unleashed 2 set.

Chaddymac
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks to Bikerscout for the stash on the TFU figs (the man is hooking everyone up these days). There are still lots and lots at Los Feliz TRU. That and the Rebel Commando set.

bikerscout
09-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Ur welcome guys. This is what the network is all about. I was looking for a tvc Zam but no such luck. Glad the BPs are finally hitting & on sale to boot. The only reason I didn't get TFU bp was b/c JT picked one up already. I'm very tempted on the Rep. Commandos but I have the old set and can't splurge right now. If by some miracle they get cut to a crazy clearance price maybe I'll pick one up. What sucks is that the first TFU bps never got clearanced nor went to Ross or TJ Maxx. Why is that? (And why can't i find a decent sale on peanut M&Ms?!?! Everywhere has them for $3-4!! Used to find them much much lower)

oh --if anyone see one of the SW bluray themed island filled with TVC at walmart & u spot a Zam, could u stash? Thanks. They stuff at least 4 or 5 cases into these I bet

edit: I forgot to mention that on the LF TRU yesterday I saw the TF Rage over Cybertron 3 pack. Includes dlx WFC Prime, Megs and BB. Different deco on each. Two of em. Didn't see price.

JediTricks
09-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't think TRU ever sends their clearance to liquidators. Their infrastructure is dedicated to toys, so unlike WM and Target, they don't have to share back room space with dozens of other departments, so they can hold onto shipments of TFU multipacks until they sell through, no matter how slowly. And those previous TFU sets have sold through, for the most part. It's also why TRUs are so disgusting though, they hang onto all manner of junk long after its market value has plummeted and has become beat up and dusty.

The Republic Commando set annoys me. Basically, this is the set they SHOULD have done last time, and I could barely tell the difference at first.

El Chuxter
09-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I've found TRU exclusives at Marshalls and Tuesday Morning. I'm not sure if they came from TRU or the manufacturer, though (the ones at TM had no TRU stickers, and the ones at Marshalls I also saw at the Mattel Store with the "R Exclusive" blacked out).

Maradona
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I've found TRU exclusives at Marshalls and Tuesday Morning. I'm not sure if they came from TRU or the manufacturer, though (the ones at TM had no TRU stickers, and the ones at Marshalls I also saw at the Mattel Store with the "R Exclusive" blacked out).

The Mattel Store (in El Segundo, at least) has some excellent deals at various points during the month. I went a few weeks ago and bought MOTU figures at retail for the first time in about a decade.

bikerscout
09-14-2011, 08:40 PM

what product specifically?? SW, TF, MOTU? GI Joe?

El Chuxter
09-14-2011, 10:28 PM
It was the Infinite Crisis Captain Atom at the Mattel Store (a few weeks ago), and the Brave & The Bold multipack of Galactic Heroes-styled figures at Tuesday Morning (considerably longer ago).

bikerscout
09-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Stashed a CW snow Plo Koon at Sh. Oaks Target. PM or text for location. Warning - i may not get back to PMs till late. Also spotted a CC Jet and new Arf trooper. Did not stash those. I'd head there first thing in the am if u want those.

out

JediTricks
09-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Culver City Target - nothing.

A head's up for anybody hunting for the Transformers Masterpiece Rodimus - a buddy of mine in Florida said they just started showing up in his neck of the woods, en masse, at $59.99 (laaaame! $10 price hike) and that the joint where the hood meets the headlights at a small U shape, half of the ones he's seen so far have had this joint showing significant stress marks. So keep an eye out.

bikerscout
09-16-2011, 12:09 AM
snow plo stash claimed -as far as i know.

JT -- is this "buddy" the honorable Sir??

gotta run -- long day tomrw

JediTricks
09-16-2011, 12:55 PM
JT -- is this "buddy" the honorable Sir?? No, it's my buddy Henry who used to go by the name Kell Dragon.

El Chuxter
09-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey! I know a dude named Henry! Maybe it's the same guy. Except they're in different states. You reckon he moved? That can't be that common a name, can it? :crazed:

DarkKnight4516
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
so heres my rant .................. well start w/ finds

found the cold weather kit wave in a isle display 2 weeks back .... serpias is awsome

they also had kit fistos starfighter which i completely over looked until the other day .... yes its still there.... does anyone know i think its the same one that was a walmart exclusive anyone know if its different? i dont think so.

Found the rest of the shirtless savage wave this morn found the first part a few days back thanks to bikerscout.......

Now just need the armored savage and chewbacca wave......

As for the blu rays heres my nightmare...... Soooooooo i had it set up through amazon but canceled it because of the store exclusives ........ so i went to porter ranch walmart at midnight because theyyyyy were the only walmart i saw with an advertisement for midnight...... to my dismay they were closed .... shut .... finito...... i was furious...... the girl said to try stevenson ranch .... i went there..... closed........ they send me to santa clarita wm....... finally open few posters left snagged one w my complete saga and i was happy it was 130 am but i was happy..... boba fett riding a boga pretty freakin awsome....... also picked up the lithographs at target and i couldnt resist the pringle cans at wm had to get them all.... there only a buck dont judge.. lol

I noticed alot more tie fighters in the scenes from esb especially in the begining bombers and all.......as for the deleted scenes there awsome especially the wampa cut scenes.....

oh and the changes are very suttle so people need to stop complaining yes george makes mistakes but its gona happen weather we like it or not he could have made it worse..... there not that bad so go buy and support your local star wars....
thats all i got

JediTricks
09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Hey! I know a dude named Henry! Maybe it's the same guy. Except they're in different states. You reckon he moved? That can't be that common a name, can it? :crazed:Well, he is about your age. But I think he's always lived in Florida until recently (I just realized he may have been reporting from Atlanta where he moved recently).

Tycho
09-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Tycho, where did you see the walking cannon? I'm assuming Target based on the Leadfoot sighting, but am not sure.

I saw this one time only at Toys R Us actually.

I missed it. I'd been in the door first at opening, but didn't know that thing had shipped at all, so I didn't even glance at the basic vehicles.

I saw another customer walking around with it a few minutes later. I could've just kicked myself. I haven't seen it since.

Question: so is the CW Chewbacca and Armored Savage Opress out? Has anyone found them?

Chuxter - I drive your way to Palm Desert to visit my Grandpa and sometimes go to your stores (well - I think they're your stores). I'll leave you a voicemail (I don't think you text) a day or 2 in advance and maybe we can meet up?

I also found another shirtless Savage Opress at Target, and the Cold Weather Jedi, but I passed on them all (I have 1 Savage and he's enough). I would like to get another Seripas or 2 though. They'll be out.

Maradona
09-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Any of the local guys going to PowerCon this weekend? I bought a 2-day pass, so I'll be there early tomorrow morning.

JediTricks
09-23-2011, 10:16 PM
I was supposed to cover it for ActionFigs.com, but I'm feeling very low right now after some family stuff, so I decided to pass up the opportunity. I may go on Sunday if Steve cannot find a replacement.

Target Culver City: El-Les, and nothing else noteworthy.

Maradona
09-23-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, JT. I'll take pics, if that will help.

figrin bran
09-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I stashed a Spacetrooper at Los Feliz TRU. PM me if you would like it.

bikerscout
09-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Where are all the new CW and tvc waves? Hmph.

It's a ways away but is anyone interested in going to Comikaze on Nov.5 and 6th? It's gonna be downtown and tix are at low prices right now. ($12 for a daily and 20 for a 2-day pass). The site is comikazeexpo.com. Lmk.

Maradona
09-26-2011, 08:36 AM
I saw a flyer for this at Power Con. Stan Lee's involvement and an online pre-sale lead me to wonder if these are the same people who put together the failed Rock and Comics convention in Pasadena last year. I went and it was overpriced ($20 if I remember correctly) and largely empty of both vendors and attendees. Still, I love conventions enough that I might become interested enough to go.

JediTricks
09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
La Cienega TRU yesterday had CW Commander Colt (whom I bought), Defense of Kamino BP, TVC Han Bespin. I meant to post this when I got home, but got sidetracked.

Colt I almost didn't buy, CW figures are barely worth $8 to me from the best of them (with tax, $9), and he looked very light on accessories minus the oversized rocket launcher. But I saw he had a removable backpack behind the insert and that nudged it slightly across the line, proverbially speaking. The figure uses the old body and is identical to the Defense of Kamino figure except for paint. The DC-17 pistols don't fit that well in his hands, unfortunate because he has no other weapon. Also, the sculpt on the helmet really doesn't match the source all that well, and the paint is ok but so much complexity that a lot of little stuff shows as being less than spectacular.

bikerscout
09-27-2011, 06:52 AM
JT -- I don't think I'll return my CC Colt since that s.o.#. was so hard to find!

Maradona --- I hope it isn't the same group either. I think the big/substantial sponsors are wary of plunking down their money for space at a new convention. Get some big companies there and people will be more inclined to go. I'm still not sure if I'll go 1 or 2 days. There's a big party I'm going to for Univ. Halloween horror nights people on the Sat. of this convention - if i get up too late Sun., so much for that day. Haha

still lookin for a Zam W.

didgeboy
09-27-2011, 04:22 PM
So is it just me or does $9 a figure just seem to be the limit of tolerance? I just have a hard time justifying that price on any of these figures, especially the re-packs. I am still hoping for a Wedge whenever he comes out but I think it might be the last new fig I buy. . .thoughts?

JediTricks
09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Target Culver city I stashed a defend kamino b p today, and it's on sale for $18 to boot.

Yeah, $9 is clearly hurting the brand a lot. I've cut figure buys by 1/3 so far.

bikerscout
09-27-2011, 10:04 PM
If i weren't so broke right now, I'd go for that stash JT. Figs need to stay in that CW sale range of $7. No more than $8 for tvc. Hopefully we get more sales closer to the holidays. If i decide to call it quits on SW, then I'll go exclusively TFs. And some Joes once in a blue moon.

bikerscout
10-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Ok, If anybody -including the top pro collectors (BlueSnags, Crunchy, etc.) finds an extra tvc Bastila PLEASE stash or buy & I'll meet ya somewhere!!! Thanks!!!!!!

Tycho
10-03-2011, 06:14 PM
I bought 4 Hoth Rebel Soldiers (vintage - new), 3 new Ponda Babas, and 2 Bastilla Shans last Wednesday. I think those 3 are the only new figures released in that wave.

The incredible Nom Anor figure shown on the cardback isn't going to be released right now. At Comic Con, Hasbro indicated it will be next year when we see him.

I like Aayla Secura's character, but I don't give a darn about getting another figure of her. She was also not released as far as I know.

Found at Toys R Us. Oh - and they were $6.50 a figure on sale.

bikerscout
10-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Tycho -- I hate you. Ya, pretty much. :tongue:

I think Aayla's slated for early next year. I'll probably get her, unless they majorly f it up.

Yesterday at target with one of the $5 off DOTM hasbro coupons I picked up Cyberverse Powerglide for 3 and some change. Can't wait to open. My friend got him too. He also got the Megatron/BB 2pack target exclusive at another location. He also hooked me up with the $10 off TF3 3D BR coupon. Due out in Dec. Didn't want it so he gave it to me - score!

Chaddymac
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
This is the reason why, if I have kids, they will watch the Star Wars movies 4-5-6:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/film-nerd-2-0-we-finally-reach-the-moment-with-empire-strikes-back-on-blu-ray

bikerscout
10-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Cool article. But I hate this guy, he's already seen the new "The Thing." :single_eye:

Any new CW or tvc sightings?

bikerscout
10-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Keyan Farlander and Hoth Rebel stashed at 2 points in an undisclosed location. PM or text for details. (If i dont get to it soon - i'm asleep -had graveyard last nite).

TF fans: today's your lucky day if you're lookin for Gen. warpath and thundercracker. TRU La Cien. had multiples this am. Not main aisle, 2ndary display

and oh yeah, darkknight4516 is a top pro collector :surprise:

-out

JediTricks
10-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Nothing of note at TRU or Target Culver City or W.LA. :/

Tycho
10-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Today was my TRU truck day but I didn't hunt today. I got up very early (like 2 am or something) and started working.

I have an October 15th deadline for my 2nd novel.

So after I went out to Denny's for a 6am meal, I just let myself sleep as long as I needed to.

I woke up at like 11 am.

Toys R Us had been open for 90 minutes by that point. Because of shopping when the doors open - there'd be no reason to find anything left any time after the store had been open for even 10 minutes, so I didn't bother.

Next Wednesday - 'nother truck day. I'll wait until then.

bikerscout
10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Little did Tycho know that if he went in he would've found Nom Anor and Aayla Secura - the first in the country -unprecedented!!!! :snowman:

I would've went in for 5 min. if it were close, you'll never know what'll turn up!

The hoth rebel and B-wing pilot are still stashed. They're fairly secure, but I have no idea when they'll randomly move stuff around - so I wouldn't wait too much longer.

I did grab a Bastila this week, but for now I won't reveal the location. I still need 2 more. 1 to open, and one for my friend who originally showed me KOTOR to the end. Happy bout that - she's my most wanted fig of the year and thanks to a certain darkknight I have her. :D Lookin for Zam and an armored Savage. Maybe that new Rex too.

Jaff
10-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Is the new B-Wing Pilot with a Revenge of the Jedi logo or a Return of the Jedi logo. I only want it if it's Return?

Tycho
10-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Bikerscout - Nom Anor is not shipping until next year (or really close to Christmas if nothing else).

The next SW items I hope to find are multiple Seripas (Clone Wars) and the Walking Cannon (Clone Wars - from the movie).

I don't think there is anything else out there shipping that I don't have.

For Transformers, I'm going to start looking for Soundwave products (Cyberverse, Deluxe, Human Alliance - no reports of these shipping yet though).

bikerscout
10-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Jaff - I can't remember the card print well enough. (crap!) I think it was Return OTJ.

Chaddymac
10-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Jaff - I can't remember the card print well enough. (crap!) I think it was Return OTJ. I could be wrong, but I think the B-Wing pilot is Revenge. He was released in a multi-pack, but not on the Return card. He's one of the few re-releases on the Revenge card that was never released on the Return card. I think.

bikerscout
10-11-2011, 08:04 AM
i don't want to really go back and look at the card, but we need help on this one! :sad::fatigue:

I forgot to mention this, but last time I was in La Cien. tru (last wk.) i saw some of the new Joe figs. A bunch of Sgt. Stalkers and Iron grenadiers I believe.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I have found nuthin' nowheres here in the 40-some-miles-east of LA Area over the last two/three weeks or so. I bought a CW Hondo about a month back; that's it. :mad:

bikerscout
10-12-2011, 12:29 AM
all of the Hasbro mail away stuff arrived at once today. Proto boba fett and TF t-shirt/Kreon/coupon pack. Good cardboard used for Fett's outer shipping box, but maybe not good enough b/c there's a big puncture mark on the back. Praying the inside contents are ok.

The coupon for TF is the same one Hasbro's been giving away at stores. The Kreon is Optimus as expected and the shirt is cool. Just barely fits me. Afraid to wash it, it'll be too tight. The size selection was bad from the outset and I'm lucky I did get an adult medium tee.

Cools!!

haven't been to any stores this week yet.

JediTricks
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Been busy with my grandmother's memorial last week, and this week another crisis to take up my time. I can tell you that Target Culver and W.LA still have nothing of note, although they did have the new Joes.

Maradona
10-12-2011, 04:03 PM
My condolences to you and your family, JT. The passing of a grandmother is no small matter. I lost two grandparents 30 days apart a summer ago and it still weighs on me.

bikerscout
10-18-2011, 07:42 AM
quick report:

LF TRU: 2 tvc Bom Vimdins
1 rebel fleet trooper (some a^&$^&# took the proto Boba mailaway form)
In marvel aisle I saw a 3.75" Dr. doom. Didn't stash.

Glendale target: CW cold gear Plo Koon x2 on endcap

Eagle (or as some say smeagol) Rock target: stashed a spacetrooper. PM or text for location. I advise to pick it up this week if u wanna take advantage of the 6.99 figure sale. Really annoyed that it doesn't apply to tvc though. Bas tards

Haven't been back to the location to check on the stashes of tvc wave 9 - so no idea if they're there. Surprised no one jumped on those. (actually some did, but had to pass reluctantly for various reasons)

El Chuxter
10-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I think Nom Anor might be out now.

I saw Hoth Rebel Trooper, Gree, B-Wing Pilot, Bastilla Shan, and Ponda Baba at the Redlands Target. Nom Anor is listed on the back of a few of those. I had the Hoth Trooper and Ponda, along with a Spacetrooper, in my cart. But when they get to $9, human army builders start getting less interesting when they've had a few similar ones in the past year, and the paint on Ponda sucked--if I'm paying that much, I want his mouth-butts properly on-kilter. When I put those two back, the Spacetrooper seemed less interesting.

JediTricks
10-20-2011, 09:44 PM
My condolences to you and your family, JT. The passing of a grandmother is no small matter. I lost two grandparents 30 days apart a summer ago and it still weighs on me.Thanks. Unfortunately, more bad news has come in, my uncle died unexpectedly this week. I've been too busy to do any figure-hunting lately due to that sort of thing, hence the lack of responses here.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Goodness gracious, JT! I've had those when-it-rains-it-pours periods before. :( I send my good wishes and thoughts your way.

I saw the Target exclusives Landspeeder and Tauntauns (with 2 figures, and just in the box), but passed. I did get a Death Star Escape Luke only for its Fett mail-away form.

bikerscout
10-21-2011, 09:00 AM
If I'm paying that much, I want his mouth-butts properly on-kilter.

Quote of the year!!! Golden.

Chuxter -- pm sent

Sorry for your loss JT. A friend of a friend, whom I had met once, died this week as well in her sleep. Very sad.

Tycho
10-21-2011, 07:43 PM
JT, we talked on the phone, but I hope you're hanging in there.

Today I arrived at Target at 8:03 am and I just missed a Seripas. They got one new case of CW and I saw another collector walking around with it. He's a cool guy and it was his first. I'm looking for my 2nd Seripas, so it's fair (though I did consider beating him up and stuffing his body behind the diapers in the toiletry section and escaping with his Seripas figure, but I did not).

You have to get there before the store opens!

figrin bran
10-21-2011, 10:15 PM
I've no finds lately but my sympathies to you and your family, JT

darkagent
10-22-2011, 07:19 PM
My sympathies JT.

For anyone still collecting DC Universe Classics, the Target exclusive S.T.R.I.P.E. wave is hitting right now. I was also able to pickup a 2007 Lego Y-Wing from Burbank Target today for $5. It was covered in a coat of dust. Looks like it was stashed and forgotten and just recently found by an employee.

Chaddymac
10-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Latest set of Target exclusives have hit the SFV. Left behind 2 Landspeeders and a Search for Luke at NoHo. Nothing left at Burbank.

bikerscout
10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Nothing special to report finding, but I went to Frank & Sons for the first time last Sat. Pretty big place. Didn't find anything ultra amazing, but the newest of the new was there -tlc wave 8 & 9 and new CW, although the prices weren't great. Also met up with Deathstardroid and Rogue Leader (of deathstarplans2.net fame) and hit up a smattering of OC comic shops and a target which had the new Tauntaun single pack. One of the stores was Phat Collectibles (i think). Ok place.
Man, so many movies/BR I want out now, but can't afford. CW season 3, Thor, Capt. America, Green lantern, SW BR, etc.

Tycho
10-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Captain America is out? I want to get that one.

Cowboys and Aliens, by any chance?

bikerscout
10-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Yeah Tycho. Cap dvd & blu came out yesterday. Not a lot of exclusives except Bestbuy has some vintage comic packaging on the back of the bluray box i think. I'll probably catch flack for this, but i want the new Coldplay album as well and will probably grab that at Target tomorrow. Best price. If Thor BR ever goes on sale at Fry's for $16 or lower, I'll probably cop that too. Hard to look at the ads though, b/c i don't get the newspaper regularly