PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42

Tycho
05-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Yup. I use voice-to-text because I'm busy and sometimes it posts strange stuff with the auto-text completion. Even if I'm typing on my Droid it does that every now and then.

I don't always have time to watch what it posts.

Right now I typed this using my computer so there aren't any errors.

Flying elephants and eating submarines nervous that Hugh Jackman won the election to refridgerator. - J/K

There'd be bunchedupwords if my autocomplete wrote that, too.

JediTricks
05-16-2012, 10:20 PM
La Cienega TRU had TF Prime Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (whom I hid, PM for deets), and Voyager Starscream and Bulkhead on the endcap display, who both look utterly terrible.

figrin bran
05-16-2012, 11:14 PM
To me, Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream aren't that bad.

Anyhow, is anyone finding the Avengers minimates Black Widow/Hawkeye pack at any of the local TRU's? I just need that pack to complete my Avengers minimates team.

JediTricks
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
To me, Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream aren't that bad. I have been waiting to hear your more detailed thoughts on them in the TF thread, but so far all you've posted is Knock Out.

figrin bran
05-20-2012, 12:31 AM
I have been waiting to hear your more detailed thoughts on them in the TF thread, but so far all you've posted is Knock Out.

I'll have to collect my thoughts then ;)

Someone got a TFP Vehicon from Crenshaw WM but it wasn't me....someone got a TFP Vehicon from La Brea Target but it wasn't me. I stashed a Commander class Dreadwing there btw. PM me if you would like it.

I saw TDKR movie masters at Los Feliz TRU but did not stash.

El Chuxter
05-20-2012, 12:50 AM
What Renegades figures are at Target are on clearance. It's kinda funny, since they're half price, but it's half the highest price they got to, the insane $10.99. I picked up two Ripcords today; he's generic enough that I can see quite a bit of potential from his parts. Heck, maybe I could actually make him look like Renegades Ripcord.

If Firefly goes lower than $5.50, I'm army building that bad boy. So many of the Firefly re-designs make great background generics.

Maradona
05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
If Firefly goes lower than $5.50, I'm army building that bad boy. So many of the Firefly re-designs make great background generics.

He's $4 on BBTS.

Tycho
05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
OK. I'm behind.

Have these been found recently?

SW:

Kithaba?
Nom Anor? (I think I have a trade for this one here on SSG pending though)

CW Ahsoka in SCUBA Gear?
CW Capt Rex in Phase 2 Armor? (I found him but let a friend buy him at the time) - so how is he? Looked superior to Phase 1 figure.

Mandalorian Transport VEHICLE? (showing up more often - never saw it)

TRANSFORMERS:

Human Alliance Soundwave? (at discount stores recently?)
Deluxe DOTM Soundwave? (at discount stores recently?)
Deluxe DOTM Leadfoot? (at discount stores recently?)

Anyone purchase the Leader Class (3rd Party Company) Blackout from Japan?

bikerscout
05-21-2012, 08:31 PM
I like that Resolute Zartan so much I want to get another version of him. Is there a definitive version of him? The Hall of Heroes version looks pretty good and the 25th anniv. 'comic/cartoon' version of him (w/color change face) looks really cool too. Which is better and who has lowest price? Also, i need a Storm Shadow (since i collected all the 25th annv Snake eyes). The hall of heroes version is very nice, but expensive. Is there a definitive version of him? best price? Joe experts pls chime in.

Maradona
05-21-2012, 10:17 PM
I like that Resolute Zartan so much I want to get another version of him. Is there a definitive version of him? The Hall of Heroes version looks pretty good and the 25th anniv. 'comic/cartoon' version of him (w/color change face) looks really cool too. Which is better and who has lowest price? Also, i need a Storm Shadow (since i collected all the 25th annv Snake eyes). The hall of heroes version is very nice, but expensive. Is there a definitive version of him? best price? Joe experts pls chime in.

I like the Hall of Heroes version. The Zartan from the Resolute set is also very cool. Storm Shadow has so many versions that I'm not sure which to point to a being best. The Modern Era/30th version has a ton of accessories and can still be found on HTS.

El Chuxter
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
POC Storm Shadow is one of the nicest Joe figures they've made, but he's got this weird desert vibe going on (because of all the deserts in Japan, y'know). Next, I'd say Renegades Storm Shadow is best; he comes with interchangeable heads and sashes so you can display him as the Renegades or classic version, and is a downright awesome figure. If you want the first 25th Anniversary mold (which isn't bad at all, just eclipsed by later sculpts), I really like the black-garbed "Ninja-Ku" version, even though he's not really traditional. (Ninja-Ku was a repaint of SS for a Brazilian line, who was an African-American guy, but they just made him be Storm Shadow for the 25th line... don't ask.)

Zartan... I don't know the HOH version (I passed on all of those because they were too similar to earlier versions and cost too much, though I got one or two at Marshall's eventually). The POC version is really nice, but, uh, he's basically Raptor with Zartan's head. :D

Maradona
05-22-2012, 07:31 AM
POC Desert Storm Shadow and Desert Zartan are cool figures, but I'll never get impetus for that iteration of those figures. Renegades SS has eluded me, so, sadly, I cannot comment on him. If you run across another...

JediTricks
05-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Glendale Target had Movie Heroes wave 2 minus Jar Jar. I moved them all to the top right peg, but they're $10 at that store, kinda nuts. The light-up Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are ok but not mind-blowing.

OK. I'm behind.

Have these been found recently?

SW:

Kithaba?
Nom Anor? (I think I have a trade for this one here on SSG pending though)

CW Ahsoka in SCUBA Gear?
CW Capt Rex in Phase 2 Armor? (I found him but let a friend buy him at the time) - so how is he? Looked superior to Phase 1 figure.All yes, but in small numbers, they're starting to hit now.

Mandalorian Transport VEHICLE? (showing up more often - never saw it)

TRANSFORMERS:

Human Alliance Soundwave? (at discount stores recently?)
Deluxe DOTM Soundwave? (at discount stores recently?)
Deluxe DOTM Leadfoot? (at discount stores recently?)

Anyone purchase the Leader Class (3rd Party Company) Blackout from Japan?Seriously, where are you getting these ideas? None of these have been seen, the Mando not since it originally shipped, those others no, and LC-sized Blackout doesn't actually exist yet.

El Chuxter
05-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Target Redlands had a Death Star Trooper (called something like "Imperial Navy Commander" for some reason). The back listed Darth Malgus and Clone Wars Anakin, but they were nowhere to be seen.

The TRU across the street actually had new Batman and Retaliation stuff. Problem is, they clearly were rearranging their aisles. The entire area marked "Transformers" was actually Spider-Man, with the new Batman stuff and clearance stuff beside it, and the opposite side of the aisle was all Star Wars. All GIJoes and Transformers were carelessly tossed into three carts at the end of the aisle. Because, hey, they're underperforming, so let's open the store with the entire lines gone, and damage all the collectible stuff while we're at it! :rolleyes:

The Batman stuff was half 3.75" TDKR comic packs with DCU comics. They looked like crap. The other half was some new line just called "Batman." Not sure if it's based on the upcoming show they canceled B&TB for or not. The figures have a weird aesthetic; they look like an attempt to make the early 2000s The Batman line look slightly more realistic and edgier. There were three neon Batmen and a battle-armored Two-Face. They looked more like crap.

The Retaliation stuff was limited. Some swords and masks, and the first four vehicles (HISS, Ghost Hawk, Water Moccasin repaint, and Ninja AWE Strike repaint). I was tempted, but remembered these were all first-wave vehicles. They won't be hard to find. Even if they don't wind up at Ross, Target (or maybe even TRU) will have them on sale once the street date rolls around.

bikerscout
05-24-2012, 05:48 PM
I saw all of the wave 1 Joe Retaliation 3.75" figures today in the valley. PM, text or call for location. I think they were 9.99. CC, SE and Zartan all looked cool!!!

El Chuxter
05-24-2012, 06:32 PM
I'd look up pics or reviews of any figures first. In exchange for the increase in price, they sacrificed articulation on many figures.

bikerscout
05-25-2012, 04:29 AM
I'd look up pics or reviews of any figures first. In exchange for the increase in price, they sacrificed articulation on many figures.

You know you filled your cart at TRU with the whole line of Retaliation wave 1. Don't lie!! :congratulatory:

I'll have to look em up

El Chuxter
05-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Nah, I live in apparently the only region of the country where they're still sticking to the street date! The vehicles I saw at TRU are all I've found.

Just FYI, I'm thinking of the figures that are out, I'm planning to get the two ninja 3-packs (even if the Roadblock in that set SUCKS, the other figures look to more than make up for it), the single-carded Red Ninja, and the Joe Trooper. I might get Zartan if he looks cool in person; he looks like he's based on the Renegades look (aside from the burn marks on his face). The vehicles will wind up at Ross; that's a no-brainer. I really wanted the Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper until I found out about the scaled-back articulation, and will probably get them later, when they're not $10. I think that's the extent of figures with (previously) standard articulation.

bikerscout
05-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Nah, I live in apparently the only region of the country where they're still sticking to the street date! The vehicles I saw at TRU are all I've found.

Just FYI, I'm thinking of the figures that are out, I'm planning to get the two ninja 3-packs (even if the Roadblock in that set SUCKS, the other figures look to more than make up for it), the single-carded Red Ninja, and the Joe Trooper. I might get Zartan if he looks cool in person; he looks like he's based on the Renegades look (aside from the burn marks on his face). The vehicles will wind up at Ross; that's a no-brainer. I really wanted the Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper until I found out about the scaled-back articulation, and will probably get them later, when they're not $10. I think that's the extent of figures with (previously) standard articulation.

There's probably a thread for this, but I'll be lazy & ask it here: What will be the fate of the Retaliation figures since the movie has been pushed to next year? They're hitting stores now, but do you think they'll be clearanced if they don't sell or will Hasbro just up & take them out of stores temporarily? Will anything become a collector's item? (maybe too early to tell). This is what Paramount & Hasbro get for spending too much on the Battleship film.

El Chuxter
05-26-2012, 08:06 AM
No one knows. It doesn't look good, truth be told. :(

Hasbro sent out a press release that the stuff that's shipped would be sold, and the rest would come out next year. They made a comment that product would be available, but no idea if that's talking about the substandard, overpriced Retaliation stuff that's doomed to pegwarm and hit Ross, or they've got some stop-gap in place.

Honestly, if it was up to me, I'd toss together a generic card (to save time) and start releasing stuff at a rate to get three or four waves out. Every wave would have a recolored Cobra Trooper or Crimson Guard (or both); at least one other repaint, re-release, or easy kitbash Cobra troop builder; a re-release of a hard-to-get figure; and the rest be repaints, kitbashes, and more straight-up re-releases. If they could quickly put together two waves of repaints to go to discount stores, they could do this. And those two "dollar store" waves (using quotes because people are calling them that, but they've only been seen at Dollar General, which isn't technically a dollar store) are being universally acclaimed, despite flat paint jobs and a lack of accessories--simply because they're stuff people have begged for.

Seriously, anyone think a Crimson Guard in black, Cobra Trooper in camouflage, or Cobra Shock Trooper in desert colors wouldn't sell like hotcakes and cost them practically nothing? Combine it with solid promises for 2013 (stuff like "we're going to somehow mix awesome figures for Billy and IDW's Crystal Ball into the Retaliation line") and a focus on Joe on The Hub, and 2013 could be a lot stronger than it's looking now.

But, alas, sometimes I think brains are important at Hasbro. :(

Maradona
05-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I might get Zartan if he looks cool in person; he looks like he's based on the Renegades look (aside from the burn marks on his face).

This Zartan has a nice aesthetic, but after seeing one up close with its limited articulation, it disappoints.

bikerscout
05-27-2012, 05:16 AM
I wonder what will be 'rare' then for the Joes. The Cobra commander I saw had an all black suit, despite a blue suit pictured on the cardback. Will there be a variant?

Maradona
05-27-2012, 08:47 AM
I wonder what will be 'rare' then for the Joes. The Cobra commander I saw had an all black suit, despite a blue suit pictured on the cardback. Will there be a variant?

At this point, I think the blue one is the variant.

JediTricks
05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Amazon has Evazan, Kithaba, Luke Hoth, ARC Trooper Commander, 501st Clone Trooper, Blu Ray Luke, Lando Blu Ray, Leia Blu Ray (it says "loose" but I dunno how that could be true), Mon Cal Pilot, Col. Craken, Maul, and Rebel Fleet Trooper available for $13 each or less and they ship from Amazon so orders over $25 are free and if you have Prime, they're even better.

I picked up Evazan, Kithaba, and Luke Hoth. Instead of using Prime, I will take the MP3 credits.

I look at it like this: the figures are $10 everywhere, $11 with tax, and gas is up to $4.22 a gallon.

Now I'm just looking for ANH Vader, Imperial Navy Commander, maybe Darth Malgus and Nom Anor, another Gamorrean, plus Transformers Prime Vehicon.

Chaddymac
05-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks, JT! Filled some holes in my collection with that!

figrin bran
05-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks JT!

I have the Evazan/Aayla/Nom Amor wave coming from HTS but still need that Mon Cal pilot so I got one of him along with a 501st trooper.

El Chuxter
05-29-2012, 09:55 PM
I just kinda figure I don't hunt for toys, and what I find in my normal shopping trips, I get. I only order figures who are unavailable in stores at this point. If I order regular retail figures, it will throw off that rhythm. :D

Sad to say, it's pretty much gotten that bad over the past couple of years. And, though I really do hate to harp on it, the one-two GIJoe suckerpunch of "the good stuff you've all asked for is only at one discount chain"/"we're recalling the movie toys and to hell with you if you didn't find them in the week leading up to the street date" has disillusioned me even more. :(

morpheus282
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
It's been so dry in my area lately that I don't have much choice but to resort to eBay, HTS, or Amazon for single figures. I picked up Hoth Luke and lightsaber construction Luke from Amazon over the weekend. I saw the deleted scene Lando, Leia, and Cracken figures at retail once - and not all during the same trip and all on damaged cards - so I know we're getting cases in but it's not worth the cost of gas or getting up at 4:00 am to make a daily trip to Walmart. On the bright side, I'm only buying the figures I truly want this way.

bikerscout
05-30-2012, 07:18 AM
I just kinda figure I don't hunt for toys, and what I find in my normal shopping trips, I get. I only order figures who are unavailable in stores at this point. If I order regular retail figures, it will throw off that rhythm. :D

Sad to say, it's pretty much gotten that bad over the past couple of years. And, though I really do hate to harp on it, the one-two GIJoe suckerpunch of "the good stuff you've all asked for is only at one discount chain"/"we're recalling the movie toys and to hell with you if you didn't find them in the week leading up to the street date" has disillusioned me even more. :(

So the Retaliation toys have been recalled?? Why has no one else mentioned this? hmph.

Good tip JT. If they had Aayla, i might go for her and 501st. Dunno

El Chuxter
05-30-2012, 07:39 AM
It came up in another thread. Essentially what they did was delay the movie less than a week before the toys came out, tell fans that what was shipped would be sold but there wouldn't be more, then tell stores (a day or so before release date) to ship everything back. Some stores are, some aren't. Like I said, it looks like I live in the one place on Earth where they stuck to the street date and demand to return everything. Except for one TRU, but, thanks to them being the only place who had anything at all and their BOGO sale, only has the incredibly bad motorcycles.

(Admittedly, those motorcycles are only bad at full price. Once Ross gets them for $5, I'll get a few.)

It also looks like they don't have the sense to make it up to retailers and fans by shipping stuff that they should know would sell through, like the HTF 2011 figures and re-released/repainted Cobras; they supposedly don't mind losing the shelf space.

Happy 50th birthday, GIJoe! It may be a couple of years off, but Hasbro's starting early to make sure it thoroughly blows.

JediTricks
05-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Culver Target had TF Prime Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream, I passed again. They want $32 now for SW vehicles!!! This is not a good sign. Same Target had GI Joe movie figures and vehicles.

Culver TRU had jack, La Cienega Target was in the same boat.

Seeing the GI Joe movie basics for the first time, I don't see any retracted articulation on the 5 they had - SE, SS, Duke, Roadblock, and Cobra (para)Trooper - it looked like SOP for modern Joes except I think some had swivel wrists while others had universal-wrists but no ankles, which in my book is an acceptable tradeoff. $10 for a Joe figure is not though.

Thanks, JT! Filled some holes in my collection with that!

Thanks JT!

I have the Evazan/Aayla/Nom Amor wave coming from HTS but still need that Mon Cal pilot so I got one of him along with a 501st trooper.Glad to hear it!

Sad to say, it's pretty much gotten that bad over the past couple of years. And, though I really do hate to harp on it, the one-two GIJoe suckerpunch of "the good stuff you've all asked for is only at one discount chain"/"we're recalling the movie toys and to hell with you if you didn't find them in the week leading up to the street date" has disillusioned me even more. :(I sorta know what you mean about just looking when you're out, not hunting actively. Still, if it's a figure you really want, getting is better than not getting IMO.

Good tip JT. If they had Aayla, i might go for her and 501st. DunnoThey had Aayla before I got there, sold through I guess, same with Nom Anor and something else, I forget. I couldn't even find the new Vader, the TVC Vader listings all show previous Vaders, too many Vaders spoil the broth.

It came up in another thread. Essentially what they did was delay the movie less than a week before the toys came out, tell fans that what was shipped would be sold but there wouldn't be more, then tell stores (a day or so before release date) to ship everything back. Some stores are, some aren't. Like I said, it looks like I live in the one place on Earth where they stuck to the street date and demand to return everything. Except for one TRU, but, thanks to them being the only place who had anything at all and their BOGO sale, only has the incredibly bad motorcycles.

(Admittedly, those motorcycles are only bad at full price. Once Ross gets them for $5, I'll get a few.)

It also looks like they don't have the sense to make it up to retailers and fans by shipping stuff that they should know would sell through, like the HTF 2011 figures and re-released/repainted Cobras; they supposedly don't mind losing the shelf space.

Happy 50th birthday, GIJoe! It may be a couple of years off, but Hasbro's starting early to make sure it thoroughly blows.Ouch, that's really bad news, I hadn't heard that. I almost don't believe it just because that's pre-planned real-estate for GI Joe, it's a continuous brand, pulling all product would be a disaster for the brand both for consumers and for retailers who don't want to waste space on empty pegs.

El Chuxter
05-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Massive change in my luck. I should just drive slightly further to Riverside instead of San Bernardino more often. :D

I stopped in the Beaumont Walmart this morning, since it's less than a mile from my house. And they were resetting. There were cleared-out spaces for Spider-Man, Batman... and Retaliation. A manager was stocking some stuff, so I asked her about the Joe stuff. She said they were getting it in (and checked on a few items--none of the stuff I wanted was in yet), but WM in general and this store in particular weren't concerned with the release date because there's not exactly a great track record with Joes. Total opposite of the "if they rescheduled the movie, we won't get the toys" line someone at the same store gave me a few days ago.

So, that in mind, I headed to Moreno Valley, where I hit both Targets, both WM's, and the TRU. All had at least something, and I left some goodies for whoever goes next.

East MV Target (the one beside the Best Buy that just closed down): Got both Ninja 3-packs, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Joe Trooper (brown cape), Cobra Commander (black), and both small (Delta?) vehicles. Figured it was better to get the ones I was on the fence about (the Water Moccasin repaint and CC) and return them later. Left one Dojo Ninja 3-pack, a Snake Eyes, a Duke, a few Roadblocks and a ton of the motorcycles.

East MV Walmart: Got the Cobra Trooper, Red Ninja, Duke (after seeing him again, I decided a headswap with the Joe Trooper would look cool on him), and another Storm Shadow (to combine with the single-carded SE and some other parts for a sweet custom Firefly II). Left Cobra Commander (blue--in person, that blue is way too garish since there's a choice), Joe Trooper (blue cape--looked dumb, in my book, but if the figure's nice, I might get it in March or if I see another sooner), Zartan (not a $10 figure with the sacrificed ankle joints and the garish light-up feature), a few Snake Eyes, a few Storm Shadows, a metric ton of Roadblocks, and more of those stupid motorcycles than I could count.

MV Target: Got nothing, left Duke, Snake Eyes, both Ninja sets, and a gazillion more Roadblocks and motorcycles.

MV Walmart: Got nothing. Left essentially the same stuff as at Target.

MV TRU: All that was left in Retaliation was motorcycles. But they had a goodly amount of Renegades figures. Even though I wanted to wait for clearance sales, I figured the price has gone up and I might as well get custom fodder when I have a chance, so got two each of Scarlett and the Cobra Trooper.

Didn't see the large vehicles at this point. If I do, I'll get them. I doubt Hasbro will waste the investment they put into the molds (especially the Ghost Hawk II). The smaller vehicles are both repaints, so I think there's more chance of them getting "lost" if they don't re-release them in March.

BTW, I thought the 3-pack Roadblock had two of those stupid fixed hands. The one I got (and the others I saw) all had two open hands.

Also, aside from the carded Roadblock (and his ridiculous hand) and those insanely overpriced motorcycles, this stuff looks to be moving pretty well, given there's no movie.

bikerscout
05-31-2012, 03:18 AM
Hmph. Maybe collectors or scalpers are just buying them up in case Hasbro does something weird. Dunno. Thought u only had a mild interest in the Retaliation figs? Guess not, lol.
I was waay way out in Thousand oaks yesterday for work, and I saw the Cobra Ninja 3 packs. No other 3 packs if one exists. Not worth drivin out there anyway. Hate when i'm asked to go out there, I should start declining it

El Chuxter
05-31-2012, 08:07 AM
I wanted all the figures with full articulation, and caved in on some of the better-looking figures that were more limited.

I'll admit, if there wasn't something screwy going on, I might've passed on all of the limited-articulation figures for now.

bikerscout
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM
I wanted all the figures with full articulation, and caved in on some of the better-looking figures that were more limited.

I'll admit, if there wasn't something screwy going on, I might've passed on all of the limited-articulation figures for now.

the only one that would've got me close to caving in would've been a Cobra commander in blue. Maybe if i see him and they go on a nice sale I'll jump. But a sale is highly unlikely until next year.

El Chuxter
05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
I posted some reviews in the GIJoe thread (it's kinda long). I wouldn't recommend Cobra Commander at full price; he's missing two points of articulation in each leg, and the lack of the double-jointed knee really shows on that figure. The best of the bunch is the basic GI Joe Trooper, who I have to believe was designed for the 30th Anniversary line and carried over. All the carded and 3-pack ninja figures are really good, too, but I'd pick the 3-pack versions over the carded ones for all the figures where there's a choice.

El Chuxter
05-31-2012, 05:50 PM
I normally don't post finds from there anymore, since it's way out of the way for most of you, but the Beaumont WM put out their Retaliation stuff today (at least the figures, motorcycles, and goofy stuff adults don't care about). It looks like they got one case, with the blue variants of the Joe Trooper and Cobra Commander. I could not pass up the Trooper, even if it's a minor color difference. I considered Zartan, blue Cobra Commander, and duplicates of the Cobra Trooper and Red Ninja--I had them all in hand, in fact--but decided to put them back for someone else to enjoy, and wait for the discounts on this Wave 1 stuff next year to army-build. Except for that Joe Trooper, of course (though it was the combination of how awesome the figure is and the color variation that made me unable to skip him).

So anyone who doesn't mind there not being a Joe Trooper and wants to make the drive, they had them as of 1:30 this afternoon. No vehicles or 3-packs.

figrin bran
05-31-2012, 07:42 PM
For the WM exclusive Avengers 6" figures that are apparently one case per store, I'd make the trip to Beaumont!

I don't suppose anyone has seen any signs of them? (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki)

Tycho
06-01-2012, 02:12 AM
I saw the new Joe, TF, and Avenger stuff. Not sure what everything was.

Now, in SW I did find the next wave of Greatest Hits or whatevers - the new carded JarJar figure. I'm not sure what else comes with those, as I'm not looking for those figures either.

Vintage is like nothing but TPM Jedi figures. I would love to see the new stuff, but I think I am buying some extras one of our forum members has for me.

I also found the new Figure/vehicles - the SCUBA clone trooper and Anakin and his mini-gunship thing look awesome!

And I found the Jedi Force Qui-Gon (with Obi-Wan).

Maradona
06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
For the WM exclusive Avengers 6" figures that are apparently one case per store, I'd make the trip to Beaumont!

I don't suppose anyone has seen any signs of them? (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki)

I echo these sentiments. Hopefully, the movie's success means we'll get more during the dvd/bluray release.

figrin bran
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I echo these sentiments. Hopefully, the movie's success means we'll get more during the dvd/bluray release.

A second wave with a Black Widow to complete the team would be nice too.

I got the Aayla/Evazan wave delivered from HTS today. I would have ordered the Malgus wave too if there weren't so many TPM pegwarmers in the assortment. Hopefully that wave will start showing up in our local stores though given my horrible luck lately, probably not...

JediTricks
06-01-2012, 10:45 PM
All nothing in SW and TF today:
WM Crenshaw
Target La Cienega
TRU Culver City
Target Culver City

Thanks Hasbro. For nothing.

Target La Cienega got their prices back in order for both lines, TFP deluxes back down to $12.89, SW figures $8.99. Target CC not so much.

El Chuxter
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Finally found the HISS (V? VI?) and Ghost Hawk II at the Redlands Target tonight. They had one of each left, and two each of the smaller vehicles. Tons of motorcycles, an army of Roadblocks, a Duke, and some Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows.

bikerscout
06-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Finally found the HISS (V? VI?) and Ghost Hawk II at the Redlands Target tonight. They had one of each left, and two each of the smaller vehicles. Tons of motorcycles, an army of Roadblocks, a Duke, and some Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows.

I saw all of this at a target in the valley this morning. No CC. This place had 2 HISSes and 2 Ghost hawks or 3 Hawks and 1 HISS. Can't remember. The basic fig price was 9.99 though, so even if they had CC, I might not have went for it. Saw the other Joe 3 pack for the 1st time with mini-gun Roadblock, Kamakura and SE? Can't remember who 3rd guy was. Cool pack.

JediTricks
06-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Yesterday: Target and TRU CC, La Cienega each had nothing good for SW or TF.

They're building a CityTarget at the Beverly Connection, nice. I don't like the La Brea one so much, this fills a gap in the city.

figrin bran
06-06-2012, 11:40 PM
It'll be nice to have a Target at the Beverly Connection

JT, I'll have that Evac deluxe for you soon, by SDCC at the latest.

JediTricks
06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
It'll be nice to have a Target at the Beverly Connection

JT, I'll have that Evac deluxe for you soon, by SDCC at the latest.
Awesome! Any idea how much it is? I could get it to you or paypal it to you.

Tycho
06-08-2012, 01:57 AM
I received Nom Anor from a trade with BigBarada here on SSG.

The Yuuzhan Vong figure is awesome. Hasbro did a nice job!

He will fight Mara Skywalker in my display, soon.

bikerscout
06-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Yesterday: Target and TRU CC, La Cienega each had nothing good for SW or TF.

They're building a CityTarget at the Beverly Connection, nice. I don't like the La Brea one so much, this fills a gap in the city.

Citytarget? wth is that? A Target express or somethin?

Got my Wedge and 501st in the mail from amazon yesterday. Both unpunched, very nice. There's a small ding on the corner and chip on the side for wedge's card, but otherwise mint. More protection for the edges would've been nice, but it was just sent in a box with an air bubble packed in. Oh well, at least they didn't do a hasbro "gorilla packaging" job - lol. I received the original cardback wedge - when does the 12 back style one come out? (if its coming at all).

My friend hit 5 valley targets yesterday -- zilch. I accompanied him on a 2nd leg and we hit fallbrook wally. No dice there either. Suckage. O well, save up for comic-con and summer movies.

Did anyone grab any of the WB steelbook blurays at bestbuy? All 10 bux. Green lantern, shawshank, 300, etc. Both batman flicks had movie cash so I picked up both. I'm gonna see TDKR anyway and I don't have the 1st two on blu. Odd thing is I already have a steelbook case dvd for TDK. Got it at FYE the week of release in '08. Maybe i'll sell it or somethin

Oh yeah - Prometheus opens this wknd too. Woohoo!

JediTricks
06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Citytarget? wth is that? A Target express or somethin?

Got my Wedge and 501st in the mail from amazon yesterday. Both unpunched, very nice. There's a small ding on the corner and chip on the side for wedge's card, but otherwise mint. More protection for the edges would've been nice, but it was just sent in a box with an air bubble packed in. Oh well, at least they didn't do a hasbro "gorilla packaging" job - lol. I received the original cardback wedge - when does the 12 back style one come out? (if its coming at all).

My friend hit 5 valley targets yesterday -- zilch. I accompanied him on a 2nd leg and we hit fallbrook wally. No dice there either. Suckage. O well, save up for comic-con and summer movies.

Did anyone grab any of the WB steelbook blurays at bestbuy? All 10 bux. Green lantern, shawshank, 300, etc. Both batman flicks had movie cash so I picked up both. I'm gonna see TDKR anyway and I don't have the 1st two on blu. Odd thing is I already have a steelbook case dvd for TDK. Got it at FYE the week of release in '08. Maybe i'll sell it or somethin

Oh yeah - Prometheus opens this wknd too. Woohoo!CityTarget is about half the size of regular Target, and is more selective about what they stock, having less big things in general. They're also building a CityTarget downtown at LA Live, I think that one is opening this year. Oh, and they're opening a Target in Westwood next month a block south of UCLA on Glendon which I think might also be a CityTarget.

Mailman delivered my Wedge from Amazon yesterday, also unpunched. Card is mint, but bubble was smashed a bit from the envelope-style mailer they used - the toy itself was perfectly fine, but a carded collector would find this unacceptable. The bubble looks fine from the front, the sides are a bit crinkled and the top is where it shows the most damage. I haven't decided how I'm going to display it, I might clamshell it up and put it with my other VOTC figures.

Why are you suggesting they're going 12-back on Wedge? They didn't 12-back Kithaba or Evazan either. I kinda doubt they'll bother to. But maybe you've heard something I haven't, evidence that it's coming?

I was going to finally see The Avengers yesterday, but my grandpa needed assistance which took up part of my day.

El Chuxter
06-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I finally saw it Wednesday. Take it from a guy who loves the Hulk, likes Black Widow, sorta likes Iron Man, can live with Captain America, dislikes Thor, and wouldn't pee on Hawkeye if he was on fire--that is one amazing film.

bikerscout
06-09-2012, 06:30 AM
I finally saw it Wednesday. Take it from a guy who loves the Hulk, likes Black Widow, sorta likes Iron Man, can live with Captain America, dislikes Thor, and wouldn't pee on Hawkeye if he was on fire--that is one amazing film.

Oh man - I wanna see it again & i've already seen it twice. All around great.

JT - i don't have evidence of a 12 back wedge. I was reading some text Chaddymac sent me & this led me to believe there was a variant. Maybe he knows -

DarkKnight4516
06-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Oh man - I wanna see it again & i've already seen it twice. All around great.

JT - i don't have evidence of a 12 back wedge. I was reading some text Chaddymac sent me & this led me to believe there was a variant. Maybe he knows -

i know you guys are gona hate me but the film was meh, not saying it was bad just coulda been better

i like sam jacksons fighting technique of trying to sneak away, and hiding behind doors and jumping out behind people lol

Scout- theres no 12 back wedge, hes a carry forward hasbro would never waste there time reprinting, also which one did u get photo wise on the back theres 2 well technically 3 versions.

Also found wv 3 movie heroes on friday, light up vader and snow speeder luke with new gear. But yet again hasbros causing drama because anakin #19 lightup is missing not packed in the wave, so if you see the wave you didnt miss out he didnt ship a second vader is packed in his place because of the large bubble. so who knows they probably lost him like they always do with 1 or 2 figures of every line.

bikerscout
06-11-2012, 01:07 AM
i know you guys are gona hate me but the film was meh, not saying it was bad just coulda been better

i like sam jacksons fighting technique of trying to sneak away, and hiding behind doors and jumping out behind people lol

Scout- theres no 12 back wedge, hes a carry forward hasbro would never waste there time reprinting, also which one did u get photo wise on the back theres 2 well technically 3 versions.

Well, Fury did not let anyone get in that control room did he?

What are the 2 - 3 versions of wedge cardback??

DarkKnight4516
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
well he did let hawkeye get off a deathly shot to the carrier controls so technicly, and no one got in bc they couldnt see behind the door then he jump out and .............sneak attack.

What are the 2 - 3 versions of wedge cardback??

"sigh" sometimes i feel like im the only one who pays attention .......... J/K

yea theres the first version one which is the rarest that shows his current card that says first release, then 2nd version the line changed to profile photos if they didnt have a first realise prior to tvc which had wv 3 listed with him, then 3 version is the same as the second but the missing wave that just came out as this years wv 4 with nom anor and 501st is listed below instead of wv 3

heres a link

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150719254966799.391266.202559486798&type=3 (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150719254966799.391266.202559486798&type=3)

then of course you could count the current release as a 4th bc it has a maul sticker lol

bikerscout
06-13-2012, 03:38 AM
Just checked mine - have the 3rd version. Thanks for that link darkknight.

I can just imagine the bluray sales for Avengers now - through the roof!!! Can't wait til August. That's when its supposed to drop i heard.

Maradona
06-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I can just imagine the bluray sales for Avengers now - through the roof!!! Can't wait til August. That's when its supposed to drop i heard.

I just read that a 3-hour cut of Avengers will be released to theaters in August before the blu-ray comes out this fall.

JediTricks
06-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Still haven't seen The Avengers. Planning to see it tomorrow.

Yesterday, Los Feliz TRU and La Cienega Target had nothing. Los Feliz TRU is so awful now, they don't stock anything, it's like a dumping ground for toys nobody wants, and all the packaging is trashed to hell from the millions of kids running around like it's a daycare center.

figrin bran
06-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Amazon.com has Vintage Tarkin, Oddball, Nikto and Shae Vizla for $12.99 each right now.

JT, I could have told you that about Los Feliz TRU. It's so bad that whenever I go at opening, I don't even see scalpers any longer ;)

bikerscout
06-14-2012, 02:22 AM
I just read that a 3-hour cut of Avengers will be released to theaters in August before the blu-ray comes out this fall.

No &*%(&*^($%^&g way!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious?!?!!?!?!?? I'm so there!!

Figrin & JT -thanx for the amazon heads up. It almost feels like cheating gettin stuff on amazon, but Hasbro & big box stores are suckin so much wind right now. Ordered 3 figs. Aayla, tark, shae

I'm glad i moved away from LF TRU, since its so bad now. Sad to hear.

Avengers bluray sets are up for preorder on amazon as well. Looks like theres a 6 movie combo pack too with all of the other Marvel movies probably & Avengers. Don't forget, if ur a member of Disney magic rewards, they'll probably have a nice coupon out for the 3D br combo pack. Shave 10 bux off perhaps.

Edit: -wait a min., if what Maradona says is true, I will wait for a bluray of that extended cut, if it will be released!!!!!!!!!

bikerscout
06-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Now I've heard that the 4 disc bluray 3D combo pack will include the director's cut on it regardless of it ever hitting theaters. I hope the basic br combo pack has it too. I have to talk with my source on this - i'm not buyin this film twice.

Did anyone see the pics of MP Soundwave and laserbeak? Or the story on rebelscum about the TRU fall SW exclusives?? Awesome awesome awesome! want want want!!

Maradona
06-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Or the story on rebelscum about the TRU fall SW exclusives?? Awesome awesome awesome! want want want!!

Just saw that. Looks like I'll be adding another AT-AT or two to the arsenal. If I can find them...

The school year ends this week, so that means I'll be chaperoning the annual Grad-Nite at Disneyland, which this year is from 10AM to 3AM. Let me know if anyone needs any SW exclusives, though I'm not sure what's been released recently

JediTricks
06-18-2012, 10:11 PM

I really enjoyed the film, but it definitely did have a fair share of problems too. I gave it a 9 out of 10 for my tastes (I know some types of folks who won't like it for sure), but any other movie with this many problems couldn't have gotten away with them - Avengers did it through sheer spectacle alone. Any other Whedon movie with a script this sloppy I wouldn't even have believed it was him, there's a ton of character issues, overarching story problems, stuff he's usually brought in to fix.

well he did let hawkeye get off a deathly shot to the carrier controls so technicly, and no one got in bc they couldnt see behind the door then he jump out and .............sneak attack.Yeah, seriously, who the hell has windows and accessways they don't watch on the bridge of a helicarrier? Fury blew it there. And letting Tony Stark plant that bug wasn't so slick either.

"sigh" sometimes i feel like im the only one who pays attention .......... J/KMight be the only one who WANTS to. ;)

then of course you could count the current release as a 4th bc it has a maul sticker lolRemovable materials are not a countable variant since they can be removed/replaced. I remember back in the day someone was selling rolls of the gold/holo character stickers that went over the POTF2 cards, you'd end up seeing bogus auctions for orange cards wearing those stickers that couldn't have been all the time.

That'd be cool. I'd hope they'd put the material towards the front, that's where the film felt the slowest, like it needed more meat. I would totally see it in theaters that way though no matter what.

Amazon.com has Vintage Tarkin, Oddball, Nikto and Shae Vizla for $12.99 each right now.

JT, I could have told you that about Los Feliz TRU. It's so bad that whenever I go at opening, I don't even see scalpers any longer ;)I had ordered all but Oddball when you posted! Oddball was listed under his other name, I didn't want him bad enough to spend the extra coin, nor the new Vader figure.

They have not had listings for Starkiller yet despite being in those cases, it's killing me, I want that figure, not excuses. :p

That is a sign of a bad restaurant when even the cockroaches leave. :D

No &*%(&*^($%^&g way!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious?!?!!?!?!?? I'm so there!!We should do an LA Thread meet-up and see it together then, that'd be cool! Been a while since there was a movie release worth seeing in a group.

Figrin & JT -thanx for the amazon heads up. It almost feels like cheating gettin stuff on amazon, but Hasbro & big box stores are suckin so much wind right now. Ordered 3 figs. Aayla, tark, shaeI've lost my taste for the idea of doing it right, they're killing this line and killing my interest, anything to get product into my hands is a good thing. Plus each one got me a free MP3 from Amazon by turning down the prime shipping. :thumbsup:

Now I've heard that the 4 disc bluray 3D combo pack will include the director's cut on it regardless of it ever hitting theaters. I hope the basic br combo pack has it too. I have to talk with my source on this - i'm not buyin this film twice.

Did anyone see the pics of MP Soundwave and laserbeak? Or the story on rebelscum about the TRU fall SW exclusives?? Awesome awesome awesome! want want want!!Disney, Paramount, and Warner Bros all have "basic retail" discs that are unacceptably thin on extras, and this is probably going to be Disney (it could be Paramount since they get a piece of the distribution rights even though they're not distributing; I only mentioned Warner Bros because they also actively do superhero films and are stingy on home market basic extras.)

I saw MP Soundwave and the rest, as well as the SW. I'm not over the moon re the AT-AT, but otherwise good stuff.

The school year ends this week, so that means I'll be chaperoning the annual Grad-Nite at Disneyland, which this year is from 10AM to 3AM. Let me know if anyone needs any SW exclusives, though I'm not sure what's been released recentlyThat's odd, I was accidentally there for Grad Night a month ago, it was the official one, they were roping off parts of the park and checking wristbands and kicking non-grads out at 10:50pm for it. Do they do 2 grad nights or is it an unofficial one or...?

Maradona
06-18-2012, 11:15 PM
That's odd, I was accidentally there for Grad Night a month ago, it was the official one, they were roping off parts of the park and checking wristbands and kicking non-grads out at 10:50pm for it. Do they do 2 grad nights or is it an unofficial one or...?

Disneyland holds several Grad Nites (it's difficult for me to misspell it, even on purpose, but I think Disney has copy written that iteration of the term for their event) during May and June. The reasoning is simple: THERE ARE SO MANY KIDS! Schools from all over the Western United States bus in for these nights requiring Disney to offer multiple nights to meet the demand. This year, they have added a Grad Day as part of the package. The students (or now ex-students) and their chaperones are in the park for 17 hours.

JediTricks
06-18-2012, 11:20 PM
That's wild, when I was a teen there was just the 1, and it was for locals only, mainly. It looks like 20 throughout May and June.

figrin bran
06-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I had ordered all but Oddball when you posted! Oddball was listed under his other name, I didn't want him bad enough to spend the extra coin, nor the new Vader figure.

They have not had listings for Starkiller yet despite being in those cases, it's killing me, I want that figure, not excuses. :p

That is a sign of a bad restaurant when even the cockroaches leave. :D

I'm okay with missing out on Starkiller as we've had quite a few figures of him already but I just wish they'd list Darth Malgus and the Imperial Naval Officer.

I had forgotten about this until a few days ago but on one morning recently at TRU Los Feliz, I overheard a conversation between a Hot Wheeler and the manager whom we've called El Baldy over the years and he told the HW'er that most of the other guys don't come around anymore because a lot of the employees are taking good stuff directly off the truck at nights and so he's not able to hook up the scalpers any longer. That would explain Maradona's observation about missing out on Renegades Storm Shadow a few months back.

However, as rare as they've been, I have had some good finds there...got TDKR movie masters Alfred and Bane from there before the street date on which they were supposed to be put out. Then again, it's probably because of the shananigans that the case of movie masters was even on the pegs before the street date.

It's not just Los Feliz TRU that's barren though...over the weekend, I also visited Glendale Target, Fairfax Kmart, La Cienega Target, La Cienega TRU, Crenshaw WM, Rosemead Target and the best thing I found was the Avengers 3.75" Skrull at La Cienega TRU which I bought one of.

JediTricks
06-21-2012, 12:08 AM
I think of this Starkiller as a bit of a different character, but I do know what you mean.

They did list Malgus and the Imp Navy guy when wave 4 was posted a few weeks ago, I missed both by a matter of minutes.

TRU is killing scalpers by besting them at their own game? Classy. I bet you got those figures because the employees didn't know what they were - I've seen that there before, new product hits shelves only because employees don't seem to know it's going to be hot.

bikerscout
06-21-2012, 02:20 AM
I think of this Starkiller as a bit of a different character, but I do know what you mean.

They did list Malgus and the Imp Navy guy when wave 4 was posted a few weeks ago, I missed both by a matter of minutes.

TRU is killing scalpers by besting them at their own game? Classy. I bet you got those figures because the employees didn't know what they were - I've seen that there before, new product hits shelves only because employees don't seem to know it's going to be hot.

I've seen the MM batman and Bane at Target (and maybe TRU or walmart -i can't rem). In fact eagle rock target had some in a go-back cart yesterday night. I just hope we don't get screwed too bad at TRU on the MP TFs. (Lest those guys get a bloody nose from me :devilish:)

My amazon package arrived with aayla, shae and tarkin. Gotta pick it up at the manager's office tomorrow. :encouragement:

Tycho
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
I might get Shae to use as a subsitute for Siri Tachi (Obi-Wan's childhood Jedi girlfriend that he re-encounters while he's training Anakin and she's undercover as a bounty hunter to infiltrate a slave trading ring). In Mandalorian gear, Shae looks a bit like Siri.

figrin bran
06-21-2012, 11:32 PM
I've seen the MM batman and Bane at Target (and maybe TRU or walmart -i can't rem). In fact eagle rock target had some in a go-back cart yesterday night. I just hope we don't get screwed too bad at TRU on the MP TFs. (Lest those guys get a bloody nose from me :devilish:)

My amazon package arrived with aayla, shae and tarkin. Gotta pick it up at the manager's office tomorrow. :encouragement:

If EE is selling any of the MP's at SDCC, and I would imagine it might be Optimus, I would just line up for however long it takes and buy it there just to be safe ;)

My amazon package is coming with a lot of drama and intrigue unfortunately. Supposedly they attempted to deliver it yesterday but did not leave me a notice and the only way I knew was an email notification from Amazon and not the post office. Knowing Los Feliz post office, they won't let me pick it up without the proper slip, which I was never given, so I went online to have them redeilver it. Hopefully I get it tomorrow then!

JediTricks
06-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Los Feliz Post Office, never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Crenshaw WM had a Logray and Rebel Fleet Trooper, I had the RFT in my hands but set him down when I saw the lines at 12:30pm were as long as they are at christmas. WTF? Why have 2 dozen registers if you're going to staff 4 of them, and you're going to staff them with the SLOWEST SLOTH-PEOPLE ON THE PLANET?!?

La Cienega Target, Culver City Target, and CC TRU had zip. Oh, actually, those last two had LEGO Lord of the Rings sets (they look ok, it's great to see them exist but they feel a bit... boring as sets) and CC Target had both GI Joe movie 3-packs, plus some of Chux's Thundercats clearance 4-packs.

-JT OUT!

Chaddymac
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/06/sdcc-2012-hasbros-exclusives.html?m=1

Just in case you guys were curious. Didn't know about the Helicarrier. It's cool, but I've got no place to put it and I don't collect Marvel anyway. Still... mini flying USS FLAGG!

JediTricks
06-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the deets.

Man, I am so mad about the price of Zombie Cliffjumper and the Bruticus set. Cliff is a $13 mold for $25 only because it's hard to get because of them. Bruticus is $65 of figures for $100 simply because Hasbro chose to release the figures mainstream in HIDEOUS colors. I am having a lot of trouble reconciling the price of Bruticus, a set I was sure before that I would buy, as it is just SO much more than mainstream, and HTS charges tax at the show.

Not thrilled about Shockwave HISS tank, that looks like a $40 set at best and $60 is just beyond what I was willing to spend for it since I'm entirely divested of GI Joe these days.

Chaddymac
06-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the deets.

Man, I am so mad about the price of Zombie Cliffjumper and the Bruticus set. Cliff is a $13 mold for $25 only because it's hard to get because of them. Bruticus is $65 of figures for $100 simply because Hasbro chose to release the figures mainstream in HIDEOUS colors. I am having a lot of trouble reconciling the price of Bruticus, a set I was sure before that I would buy, as it is just SO much more than mainstream, and HTS charges tax at the show.

Not thrilled about Shockwave HISS tank, that looks like a $40 set at best and $60 is just beyond what I was willing to spend for it since I'm entirely divested of GI Joe these days.

I'm certainly not going to disagree that these figures are expensive, but I don't believe they are outside of what we should have expected based on previous con exclusives. $25 is what deluxe Prime was last year, and $100 is what they charged for Marvel Sentinel (wasn't it?) it's high, but par for the con. Most of what we're paying for on those two is the packaging and the unique deco's. The only reason the SW figures aren't more is because, aside from the packaging, they will get a retail release (minus carbonate Jar-Jar).

Does it suck that they are so high? Yes. Will I pay it? I will. Perhaps I shouldn't be so resigned, but I keep buying these 3rd party figures and foreign exclusives and this is all just more of the same to me.

bikerscout
06-25-2012, 06:54 AM
Wow, thanx for postin that link Chad. Helicarrier is cool, but ya, I don't collect Marvel either & have no place to put it. I agree with JT on the exorbitant prices. Greedy f*&%$%n Hasbro. And they know people will pay it. The Joe/TF crossover HISS tank & destro are cool, but I'll pass. I wanted Bruticus pretty badly, but not for $100. I'll have to chance it & try to find the combaticons in stores. Crossin my fingers that won't be impossible later. Maybe we'll get lucky & there'll be some improvements.
I'm going to focus on the MP TFs. Don't know if Prime or Thundercracker will come to sdcc, but I'm countin on all of you on SSG to grab those for me if I can't go! Lol. If I'm gonna drop a lot of $ on toys/collectibles, you can bet it'll be on the Masterpiece TFs. They are worth it imho. (Crap. I looked on EE site and it looks like they will not have any Transformers. BOOOO!!!!)

JediTricks
06-25-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm certainly not going to disagree that these figures are expensive, but I don't believe they are outside of what we should have expected based on previous con exclusives. $25 is what deluxe Prime was last year, and $100 is what they charged for Marvel Sentinel (wasn't it?) it's high, but par for the con. Most of what we're paying for on those two is the packaging and the unique deco's. The only reason the SW figures aren't more is because, aside from the packaging, they will get a retail release (minus carbonate Jar-Jar).

Does it suck that they are so high? Yes. Will I pay it? I will. Perhaps I shouldn't be so resigned, but I keep buying these 3rd party figures and foreign exclusives and this is all just more of the same to me.
Oh, I hear ya. Only problem is none of it's true. ;-) Sentinel was $60, TFP Optimus was a brand new mold at $20, Starscream with Cobra Commander was $50 and a higher price point base vehicle.

Chaddymac
06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Oh, I hear ya. Only problem is none of it's true. ;-) Sentinel was $60, TFP Optimus was a brand new mold at $20, Starscream with Cobra Commander was $50 and a higher price point base vehicle.

Really? Those a**holes!!!! 2012 has not been collector friendly.

JediTricks
06-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Really? Those a**holes!!!! 2012 has not been collector friendly.
I agree, although watch the salty language please. Hasbro has done nothing but tear down this hobby in the last year and it really feels like an unfair monopoly that we can only choose between them and Mattel for major brand action figures since both are pulling massive screw ups on collectors.

After my last post, I thought about the star wars exclusive, and last year the figures were about the same price breakdown, but there were 2 bonus carded figures and a much bigger package layout. Also, most of the new figures in this year's set I realized I don't really want: I'm sandtroopered out, that Leia's dress looks bad and she is a dull figure, Jar Jar is Jar Jar, and I have plenty of clones; that leaves me Vader and the carbonite block and some cardboard packaging - is that really worth my $70?

bikerscout
06-28-2012, 06:08 AM
Tvc 501st trooper stashed at K-mart. PM, text or call for details. Did it last night. Medium depth stash at best.

Where are the TRU exclusives for SDCC?

bikerscout
06-29-2012, 05:35 AM
NM, i looked up the TRU exclusives and there were no TFs.

Stash claimed. Sorry Raymond, in this case, K-mart did NOT suck. :)

JediTricks
07-01-2012, 12:41 AM
La Cienega TRU had a TFP Cyb Cmdr Dreadwing, I stashed but it was a lame stash now that I think about it.

CC TRU, Target La Cienega, Target CC, none of them had jack.

Target CC got a ton of clearance repack, so that tells me they move a lot of toys and it's a difficult store for a collector to find good things but they do enough volume to make it a consideration. They had so much repack that they were stuffing it onto the bottoms of endcaps and any free pegs, almost every line was present - lots of TF Dark of the Moon deluxe junk, and a bunch of those SW 2-packs Vader & Anakin and Maul & Sidious. Also a lot of the Geonosis packs, not on clearance.

Oh, and they raised the f'ing prices on every Hasbro figure in the $7-$13 pricerange a buck. I fear Hasbro's about to sink under the weight of their overhead.

darkagent
07-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Oh, and they raised the f'ing prices on every Hasbro figure in the $7-$13 pricerange a buck. I fear Hasbro's about to sink under the weight of their overhead.

This might just be the year that I stop collecting Star Wars figures. :frown: I use to collect 2 of each, one to open and one to keep carded. Then in recent years, it was down to just one to keep carded. Now it might be none at all.

I just got the Arkham Asylum Killer Croc figure today. It was a bit expensive, but worth every penny. The sculpt and articulation are amazing, especially for a DC Direct figure. And he's a huge figure at 9 1/2" tall.

JediTricks
07-01-2012, 11:20 PM
This might just be the year that I stop collecting Star Wars figures. :frown: I use to collect 2 of each, one to open and one to keep carded. Then in recent years, it was down to just one to keep carded. Now it might be none at all.

I just got the Arkham Asylum Killer Croc figure today. It was a bit expensive, but worth every penny. The sculpt and articulation are amazing, especially for a DC Direct figure. And he's a huge figure at 9 1/2" tall.Yeah, I hear ya, it's starting to feel like there's nowhere else left to go. Canceled figures, hard-to-get toys, price hikes, disastrous distribution, it's hard to be in this hobby right now and there's not much reward for staying.

bikerscout
07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I hear ya, it's starting to feel like there's nowhere else left to go. Canceled figures, hard-to-get toys, price hikes, disastrous distribution, it's hard to be in this hobby right now and there's not much reward for staying.

Make sure Hasbro knows this when u attend their panels at comic-con. Esp. their new SW brand manager

darkagent -- i saw the Arkham city figs at a local comic shop Fri. They were awesome. Didn't see Killer croc though.

JediTricks
07-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Make sure Hasbro knows this when u attend their panels at comic-con. Esp. their new SW brand managerWe'll see what happens, I usually have my hands full typing up the panel though. You not going?

bikerscout
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
We'll see what happens, I usually have my hands full typing up the panel though. You not going?

ya, may not be able to go. Job stuff

JediTricks
07-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Walmart Crenshaw - TF Prime Star Hammer, Energon Drill, Dead End, Stealth Bumblebee.

Target La Cienega, Culver City - nothing.

TRU Culver - Airachnid, Dead End, Stealth Bumlbebee. I picked up Airachnid, not sure if I'll keep her or return her though. Care to guess which figure wasn't present? Yes, it's the Vehicon. Good guess.

Star Wars had no signs of life. I'm getting sick of seeing the same vehicles on shelves every time too, obviously kids aren't interested in these, so why keep shoving them down our throats? You know what would sell better? THE NEW VEHICLES! Jeez!

ya, may not be able to go. Job stuffThat'd suck. Hope you're able to either make it or make money. ;)

Tycho
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Star Wars had no signs of life. I'm getting sick of seeing the same vehicles on shelves every time too, obviously kids aren't interested in these, so why keep shoving them down our throats? You know what would sell better? THE NEW VEHICLES! Jeez!

I don't have any money for any Star Wars items right now, but if I did (in regards to vehicles):

1) I'd want the darn Mandalorian Transport ship to have been released. Not sure why people ever posted claiming that they had gotten this? Maybe it was released in limited amounts? I think it also might have been confused with the speeder and single Mandalorian pack-in with the figure / lt vehicle assortment.

I wanted the darn ship to add (un-manned to save $ and because I don't think you can see inside of it when it's locked up) as traffic in my Coruscant skyline diorama. People need to have LANES of traffic with every (more civilian looking) flying thing from vintage mini-rigs to things like this more innoculous looking transport. I don't want as aggressive looking vehicles like X-wings in this particular picture. So I have looked to super heroes, Titan A.E., TRON, etc. for extra vehicles to use which are 3 3/4" scale. Even if Hasbro made the Coruscant Taxi and Chancellor Valorum's atomospheric transport and the AOTC air bus, I still would need more traffic. The freighter from AOTC and the Rebel Transport from ESB would help a lot though. C'mon Hasbro. Please make and release some BORING mid-size vehicles! I'd buy them. Put them 1 per case amongst the constant stream of Jedi Starfighters.

But really:

Hondo's tank
Hondo's Rapier-One (Flying Saucer fighter - the small one)
The Angel Fish (Jedi Transport) ship
The Hound's Toothe (off scale - but I'd really perfer larger with this ship)
The IG-2000
the Jedi airspeeders from ROTS
Keep selling the Droid Gunship from ROTS
Make the Wookiee Catamaran (off scale I guess)
Rip people off with the Lars Landspeeder from ANH at this price point
Ventress' Fan Blade
Dooku's Solar Sailor
The Defoliator Tank (CW)
Punishing One - (Dengar's ship)
The Myst Hunter (Zuckuss' ship)
The Sun Crusher (Kyp Durron's)
Corral Skipper (Yuuzhan Vong)

I mean I can go on and on. And these are agressive. The Trandoshan hunter craft might be smaller - but I want them too. Figure/vehicle packs might be better for these though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2012, 05:35 PM
1) I'd want the darn Mandalorian Transport ship to have been released. Not sure why people ever posted claiming that they had gotten this? Maybe it was released in limited amounts? I think it also might have been confused with the speeder and single Mandalorian pack-in with the figure / lt vehicle assortment.
As far as I can tell, it wasn't released in the United States at all - if it was, it was in ridiculously small numbers, as I've seen packaged samples, and I sort of think that the very initial Entertainment Earth orders were fulfilled back in late 2011 (Adam Pawlus works there and I believe he got his from there). It was released in Canada, and I believe in Europe. I got mine from a Canadian seller on eBay, and it's in the multi-language packaging.

figrin bran
07-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Walmart Crenshaw - TF Prime Star Hammer, Energon Drill, Dead End, Stealth Bumblebee.

Target La Cienega, Culver City - nothing.

TRU Culver - Airachnid, Dead End, Stealth Bumlbebee. I picked up Airachnid, not sure if I'll keep her or return her though. Care to guess which figure wasn't present? Yes, it's the Vehicon. Good guess.

That'd suck. Hope you're able to either make it or make money. ;)

JT, unless you think you stumbled upon the revision case, Vehicon isn't part of that assortment.

JediTricks
07-07-2012, 01:57 AM
TRU Culver has that Airachnid back, I returned her. Dead End and Stealth BB were gone. Other than that, they had nothing.

TRU La Cienega, Target La Cienega, Target Culver, Ross Culver, Ross Beverly Connection, all nothing of interest.

JT, unless you think you stumbled upon the revision case, Vehicon isn't part of that assortment.I just meant he wasn't there.

El Chuxter
07-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Saw Stealth Bumblebee at the Beaumont WM. It was him and about thirty regular Bumblebees.

Call me insane, but how can Hasbro be so out of touch at times? Bumblebee's not even the main character on that show!

figrin bran
07-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Glendale Target had one TFP Shadow Bumblebee, 2 Avengers Skrulls which means I missed out on Hawkeye and Black Widow (have both already but it looks like lots of people are looking for them)

Los Feliz TRU had the same old pegwarmers

Stevenson Ranch WM - I actually found 6" Avengers! Granted it was 3 of Iron Man but since they first started hitting, I hadn't heard of ANY SoCal sightings across 5 different sites. 2 of the 3.75" Skrulls here as well

Stevenson Ranch TRU - a lone Shadow Bumblebee. I can't believe people actually want Dead End but not Hot Shot?? Found and bought a Cyberverse TFP Ultra Magnus here

Maradona
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Glendale Target had one TFP Shadow Bumblebee, 2 Avengers Skrulls which means I missed out on Hawkeye and Black Widow (have both already but it looks like lots of people are looking for them)

Stevenson Ranch WM - I actually found 6" Avengers! Granted it was 3 of Iron Man but since they first started hitting, I hadn't heard of ANY SoCal sightings across 5 different sites. 2 of the 3.75" Skrulls here as well

I've found the Skrulls before, but not Black Widow or either Hawkeye. Rosemead WM had 6" Avengers Iron Man and Captain America yesterday. I've not seen any others.

figrin bran
07-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I've found the Skrulls before, but not Black Widow or either Hawkeye. Rosemead WM had 6" Avengers Iron Man and Captain America yesterday. I've not seen any others.

I'll keep looking for BW and Hawkeye for you. A friend in Washington picked up 6" Cap and Thor for me recently, otherwise I'd head out there.

bikerscout
07-08-2012, 07:12 AM
I'll keep looking for BW and Hawkeye for you. A friend in Washington picked up 6" Cap and Thor for me recently, otherwise I'd head out there.

Commtech! -I hope you're reading the 6" Avengers reports! I haven't seen them, but he needs 6" Hulk and Hawkeye for his son. For the 3.75", I haven't looked hard enough, but I know I haven't seen Widow or Hawkeye anywhere.

Hope someone grabbed that comic book store find I texted. Curious if anyone did.

Chaddymac
07-08-2012, 08:21 AM
If anyone needs them, I accidentally bought an extra Vintage CW Anakin and Nom Anor. Probably gonna see if I can get my money back on Ebay if no one on here wants them for cost.

bikerscout
07-09-2012, 04:26 AM
If anyone needs them, I accidentally bought an extra Vintage CW Anakin and Nom Anor. Probably gonna see if I can get my money back on Ebay if no one on here wants them for cost.

accidentally?

Chaddymac
07-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Yes, accidentally, because I didn't remember that I'd already bought them. It was within days of each other and I wasn't sure if I'd ACTUALLY bought them, or if it was just that I'd stared at pictures long enough to think I had. It was the former.

JediTricks
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I've done that from time to time as well! :D Thank goodness for store receipts.

Yesterday, TRU and Target Culver had nothing of note.

Maradona
07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Found the Vintage R5-D4, Death Star Droid, and Power Droid 3-pack at Evil Rock Target. Remarkably, it had a clearance sticker on it and rang up for $3.76.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Found the Vintage R5-D4, Death Star Droid, and Power Droid 3-pack at Evil Rock Target. Remarkably, it had a clearance sticker on it and rang up for $3.76.Wow! I gotta find me one of those, at that deal!

El Chuxter
07-09-2012, 11:28 PM
One? I've got to find five or six at that price! :crazed:

Maradona
07-10-2012, 12:58 AM
The regular bar code would not ring up and had a red sticker reading "online item" partially covering it. The receipt just says "boys action" $11.23 off $14.99.

bikerscout
07-10-2012, 02:21 AM
The regular bar code would not ring up and had a red sticker reading "online item" partially covering it. The receipt just says "boys action" $11.23 off $14.99.

how bout the Dathomir bp for that price? :friendly_wink: Wonder if its worth checkin other Targets?

bikerscout
07-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Ey guys, quick Comic-con update. I will only be able to make it down on Wed. and Thurs. Plmk who all's gonna be there those days. (And save me some Fri, sat, sun. swag!!! please!!)

Maradona
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Ey guys, quick Comic-con update. I will only be able to make it down on Wed. and Thurs. Plmk who all's gonna be there those days. (And save me some Fri, sat, sun. swag!!! please!!)

I will be there and hoping to get there very early tomorrow, so contact me and we can coordinate lining up. Also, check the Comic Con thread.

figrin bran
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Found the Vintage R5-D4, Death Star Droid, and Power Droid 3-pack at Evil Rock Target. Remarkably, it had a clearance sticker on it and rang up for $3.76.

Found both of those packs at La Brea Target today. They rang up at the registers at $14.99. Considering that all of my recent SW fig purchases have been on Amazon for $12.99 each, it's a great deal!

Bikerscout and everyone else, see you at SDCC! Maradona, I'll definitely be contacting you about lining up

JediTricks
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM

The regular bar code would not ring up and had a red sticker reading "online item" partially covering it. The receipt just says "boys action" $11.23 off $14.99.Oh man, that is an awesome find. I can't believe it happens the days I'm out of town to set up for Comic-Con!

Ey guys, quick Comic-con update. I will only be able to make it down on Wed. and Thurs. Plmk who all's gonna be there those days. (And save me some Fri, sat, sun. swag!!! please!!)Glad to hear you're going to make it. I'll keep an eye out for extra swag those days. I have an SDCC get-together thread going, not much action yet but if you want to, ring in:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/45966-Comic-Con-2012-SSG-gang-lunch-who-s-coming
Also, you can hit me up direct, you've got my number. I am not sure if I'll hear it on the show floor, but I'll do my best.

Found both of those packs at La Brea Target today. They rang up at the registers at $14.99. Considering that all of my recent SW fig purchases have been on Amazon for $12.99 each, it's a great deal!

Bikerscout and everyone else, see you at SDCC! Maradona, I'll definitely be contacting you about lining up
Goodness, it's like they were waiting for me to leave town. First my Sideshow Boba Fett arrives a few hours after I hit SD, and now those. :eek: :p

bikerscout
07-11-2012, 03:58 AM
posted in SDCC thread.

Hope to see everyone there!!

bikerscout
07-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Alrite, i know you're all exhausted, but here or in CC thread, i wanna hear everyone's stories!! Pix would be cool too. I only got to go Thurs & pvw night as u know. Fri -sun, i'm dyin to hear about. Anybody get any really cool swag?? shirts?

JT -- i was almost dead on with my lettuce/tomatoes comment in your CC thread --but I'm dyin to hear your story.

Chaddymac
07-16-2012, 08:08 AM
BS - I got nothjng but sad stories to tell. This may be the last time I go.

In the meantime, I thought this was worthy of note: $15 for $30 Worth of Merchandise *at Big Lou's Toys & Collectibles
http://www.groupon.com/now/deals/15-for-30-worth-of-merchandise-at-big-lou-s-toys-collectibles-7c8gd?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu4187380

Maradona
07-16-2012, 09:47 AM
I'll likely be recovering from SDCC for a while, before I can tell the tales. If any of you are missing Shae Vizla, she's up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00890IMYE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=pasfa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00890IMYE

darkagent
07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
This was probably the worst Comic-con experience I've ever had. This is the first time I actually didn't have a chance to walk through the dealer booths or artist alley. Heck, I didn't even get a chance to go into the Gaslamp District.

Thursday was a complete waste, thanks to the mismanagement of the Lego booth and their handling of the Hobbit Scavenger Hunt. Really, how hard is it to pass out a scavenger hunt map and then to string people along through out the day saying that they'll be handing them out later, until late in the day saying nope all done the game is over.

Saturday was 10 hours waiting in line for Hall H to finally be lucky enough to get and see Iron Man 3. We saw maybe 10 people leave that Hall all day. The con needs to figure out a better system. They at least need to get more people to find all the empty seats in the Hall and fill them with people waiting outside. When I was in there for Iron Man 3, there were not just a single empty seat here and there, but lots of groups of 2-5 empty seats together.

Sunday I had planned as my shopping day. I was also hoping to pick up the X-Force 3 pk from Hasbro (Sold Out). But the exhaustion, minor dehydration and lack of sleep finally caught up to me and I left the con early to get back home.

figrin bran
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll bet Lego's raffle for the superhero minifigs was just as mismanaged as last year's then? I got kicked out of the end of that line many, many times last year and got so frustrated because on one hand, they make such a hoopla over their giveaways and even posted the times during which raffle tickets would be distributed. Why wouldn't you expect a massive crowd and why wouldn't you do everything you could to try to alleviate that situation? Maybe design your booth a little better so that the raffle line doesn't wind all around the booth, which the con security and fire marshals definitely frown upon? There was even a person from the Lego booth (saw him again this year too) who kept yelling at us about having to leave the area.

From darkagent's account, it seems like Lego has learned nothing at all. I guess since they're the leading toy manufacturer and surpass everyone else in sales, they feel they can string people along at SDCC with their exclusives and scavenger hunts and giveaways and it doesn't even matter.

I'll definitely go again but it seemed like security was even worse than last year. I found the usual issues about not everyone being on the same page but this year seemed worse. Maradona and I got there early to get passes for HTS (which if we had waited later in the day or the next day, we probably wouldn't even have needed) and then we determined that perhaps exiting the convention center and then waiting downstairs might be the best course of action if we wanted to head to HTS first.

I think that worked a lot better for Maradona than it did for me as I got stuck in the sea of humanity waiting outside the convention center. The only reason I was able to enter through any of the doors was because this woman took exception to how security treated her and made a huge tirade which distracted security and enabled us with badges to pass through the doors.

However, the HTS line seemed to have moved a LOT more faster than in previous years. Last year, I entered the line at roughly the same time and didn't complete my purchases until around noon time.

alright, I'm tired just writing all of that so I'll end here.

darkagent
07-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Lego did do something right this year. For the superhero raffle, they simply scanned your badge. There was no more waiting in line to put your hand in a box to hopefully get a winning ticket. Then line up again if you didn't win, or if you're a scummy dealer, line up again to see if you can win more to sell. This time each badge only had one chance to win.

You're right security was a joke this year. Friday morning, starting at hall A, they funneled everyone outside to hall E. Problem was that hall E funneled people upstairs to the sails pavilion. If you wanted to enter the con from downstairs you had to go wait at the hall F outdoor entrance until 9:30. 9:30 comes along and out of all the doors to hall F they only had one open. Turned out, they didn't have enough security to open any more doors to check badges. After 5-10 mins. of hundreds of people trying to funnel through just one door, they finally announced you could get in through the hall E and D doors.

bikerscout
07-17-2012, 04:53 AM
Sorry to hear guys. I hope u guys had some sort of fun, b/c it doesn't look like it from any of what was mentioned. That's sad. I was only there 1.5 days & yeah, overall it did seem a little sloppy. (So what t-shirts did u guys get me?) :beguiled:

El Chuxter
07-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Anyone know how long it takes a new Dollar General to actually get enough shipments to fill all their shelves and pegs? One opened near me on Sunday, but they haven't gotten the Joes yet. About half their pegs are empty, and the manager told me that they hadn't received all their initial shipments. They still didn't have them today (and there's still no peg marked for them, so I'm pretty sure they've not just come and gone).

As for Comic-Con, I (quite unexpectedly) made it in on Friday. I saw the Hama panel, got the SDCC exclusive Joe comic (signed by Herb Trimpe, no less), was able to finally get the Free Comic Book Day Transformers and Atomic Robo comics, and dropped the Speeder Bike. Pretty good day, I'd say :)

figrin bran
07-21-2012, 10:15 PM
I stashed a 3.75" Avengers Hawkeye at Glendale Target in case anyone's looking for one.

Black Widow was bought by me however.

Maradona
07-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks to Figrin Bran for the Movie Hawkeye stash (still looking for the Comic version). If anybody sees a FF Dr. Doom/Spiderman 2-pack, please pick up or stash. I'm looking for that one, along with the Adam Warlock/Thanos 2-pack. If I can find those two 2-packs, a Black Widow, and a Movie Masters Catwoman, I'll be set for the foreseeable future.

bikerscout
07-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Nice finds & gets Figrin and maradona! Been meaning to post but forgot, I'm lookin for a TVC Starkiller, non-tan deleted scene Luke (saber construction), an opener Shae vizla and, especially if its a beater card, an opener Malgus.

For TF, i'm lookin for a deluxe FOC shockwave, deluxe Evac (TF:the ride) and MP thundercracker and MP optimus. I'd be broke, but i'd be 1 happy camper if i had all of those right now. :joyous:

Chaddymac
07-23-2012, 10:17 AM
I know it doesn't help your anticipatuon, but thos 2 MP's haven't been released yet. I haven't seen any FOC's yet either, but all the Cali reports I've read have been TRU's and Burbank just does not stock often enough.

figrin bran
07-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Bikerscout, I think I forgot to mention it but Universal had plenty of Evacs in stock when I visited a few days before SDCC.

Maradona
07-23-2012, 12:21 PM
From reports I've read, the following Marvel Comic Packs are now out:

Spiderman/Rhino
FF Dr. Doom/Spiderman
Thanos/Warlock
Mr. Sinister/Gambit
Hulk/Wolverine
Mandarin/Iron Man
She-Hulk/Wolverine

I would love to find all of them, but I haven't seen any of them. Good hunting!

EDIT: Found and bought She-Hulk/Wolverine and Magneto/Captain America at LF TRU. There were still several more Magneto/Cap packs left as of this afternoon.

JediTricks
07-23-2012, 09:50 PM
La Cienega Target - 1x TVC ANH Vader, I bought it. Also, 2nd wave of Mattel Hot Wheels 1/42nd Batmobile line, on sale for $6.99, I picked up the Batman Forever Batmobile (only 1) and left behind the camo BB Tumbler, '40s Batmobile (looks a lot like the Corgi version, but different paint), and regular Tumbler.

Nice finds & gets Figrin and maradona! Been meaning to post but forgot, I'm lookin for a TVC Starkiller, non-tan deleted scene Luke (saber construction), an opener Shae vizla and, especially if its a beater card, an opener Malgus.

For TF, i'm lookin for a deluxe FOC shockwave, deluxe Evac (TF:the ride) and MP thundercracker and MP optimus. I'd be broke, but i'd be 1 happy camper if i had all of those right now. :joyous:Will keep an eye out.

A buddy is driving me nuts telling me about getting Shockwave today in Georgia at TRU.

Bran got me Evac from Universal where it's exclusive, it's a cool figure, only oddity is why they put side hinges on the ankles, just seems like a waste of budget.

I'm looking for TVC Starkiller and Malgus, both for opening. And TF I'm with you on FOC Shockwave.

From reports I've read, the following Marvel Comic Packs are now out:

Spiderman/Rhino
FF Dr. Doom/Spiderman
Thanos/Warlock
Mr. Sinister/Gambit
Hulk/Wolverine
Mandarin/Iron Man
She-Hulk/Wolverine

I would love to find all of them, but I haven't seen any of them. Good hunting!

EDIT: Found and bought She-Hulk/Wolverine and Magneto/Captain America at LF TRU. There were still several more Magneto/Cap packs left as of this afternoon.
I'll keep an eye out for the Dr Doom and Thanos ones, but haven't seen 'em so far.

bikerscout
07-24-2012, 05:31 AM
....aaaaand now we're gonna get screwed by all the scalpers/lurkers......... :tongue:

Chaddymac
07-24-2012, 07:17 AM
....aaaaand now we're gonna get screwed by all the scalpers/lurkers......... :tongue:Shockwave is 2 per case, so he's not Vehicon short packed. And we only have assortments for the first two waves - I doubt that he won't show up again. And when have we ever truly had issues finding a figure in the first wave of any TF line? I remember wondering if I'd ever see Prime Soundwave or Wheeljack at retail. Has not been an issue. I hope scalpers choke on the figure.

JediTricks
07-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Culver City TRU had 1x Starkiller, Malgus, Shae Vizla, Barriss Offee, Luke Deleted Scene w/ brown robe, Vader ANH, Luke Hoth, and a beat-up bubble Wedge. I bought Starkiller, Malgus, and Vizla, though I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that Shae Vizla. I stashed Wedge, PM for details.

La Cienega TRU had none of those at all, but did have Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Magnus and Dreadwing in multiples.

Crenshaw WM had zip, Target La Cienega had more nothing but still nothing.

El Chuxter
07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
I dunno how it is around LA proper, but I'm noticing more and more stores not restocking Vintage. I'm still thinking that, despite Hasbro's unwillingness to recognize it, most stockers see "Star Wars plastic men" and don't pay a bit of attention to the packaging.

Tycho
07-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Chux, we just have a glut of Episode One figures around in San Diego.

Darth Maul, the Pod Racers, and Queen Padme sold however. But people can buy Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Battle Droids in so many types of package offerings, and vintage costs more.

Quinlan is less recognizeable and it's the 3rd figure of him. 4th actually. I don't consider that a disparagment on the Expanded Universe, because I think if it were a realistic Xanatos figure from the EU for example, it would move better than another Quinlan (as much as I like his character). Sidious is an "old man figure" and moves as expected in spite of me wanting other (actually not "old") figures of Bail Organa. Sidious is actually not clogging any pegs.

Re-releasing the Clone Wars animated version of Sidious, the Fire-Fighting Battle Droid, Tactical Droid, and Thi-Sen for example, would all move better if the shipment was limited.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-24-2012, 05:02 PM
I dunno how it is around LA proper, but I'm noticing more and more stores not restocking Vintage. I'm still thinking that, despite Hasbro's unwillingness to recognize it, most stockers see "Star Wars plastic men" and don't pay a bit of attention to the packaging.I saw two times where there were non-TPM Vintage figs on the pegs in the last, I don't know, four months or so here in the west IE. I've about given up on new stock.

El Chuxter
07-24-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm referring to stores actually selling out (which is remarkable--that whole TPM wave is a batch of pegwarmers, and it might not've been if it had actually been released with the movie in 3D), then replacing the figures with more Clone Wars or, uh, what's that other line called this week? Movie Heroes?

Maradona
07-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Felt restless at 830 tonight, so I went on a toy run. It was fruitful. Found and picked up three Marvel 2-packs: IM/Mandarin, Colossus/Juggernaut, and Hulk/Wolverine. There were more, as they were part of a go-back cart in the toy section minutes before closing. PM if you want to know where to be at opening tomorrow, when they should be back on the pegs. Found absolutely nothing SW related that was even remotely new today or yesterday. If it wasn't for Amazon and BBTS, I wouldn't know that the SW brand was still up and running.

bikerscout
07-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Chaddymac -- thanks for the heads up.

JT - PM sent.

Maradona
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
I travelled to SEVEN TRUs today in search of the FF Dr. Doom comic pack. Not one sighting. I did, however, find a MM Catwoman, so that helped. I must find that Doom. At the various Targets I also visited, I couldn't the Thanos comic pack, either.

figrin bran
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I travelled to SEVEN TRUs today in search of the FF Dr. Doom comic pack. Not one sighting. I did, however, find a MM Catwoman, so that helped. I must find that Doom. At the various Targets I also visited, I couldn't the Thanos comic pack, either.

The few times that I've seen that Thanos pack have been at WM's.

Maradona
07-25-2012, 10:26 PM
The few times that I've seen that Thanos pack have been at WM's.

Thanks for the heads up. Have they been recent enough to warrant the thought that they are still stocking them?

bikerscout
07-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Quick report:

Pan. city wally had their excl. Avengers 6" Iron man and Capt. America. Their SW sucked and absolutely no transformers anywhere in the toy section. Maybe theyre doin a reset? Sh. oaks Target had the newer waves of TF prime deluxes, but no vehicons. For SW, they had a tvc Capt. Fordo & the usual glut of TPM, Aotc & other older waves clogging the pegs.

The Dark Knight Rises was magnificent. Highly recommended, esp. if you enjoyed the first 2 (Nolan) films!

figrin bran
07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Have they been recent enough to warrant the thought that they are still stocking them?

Yes, somewhat recent. Then again, there's probably been so much foot traffic from Marvel collectors searching for the Avengers 6" that the Thanos packs could have been bought up.

I didn't like TDKR as much as I expected to

Maradona
07-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I liked TDKR, but I wanted to like it more. I don't want to post spoilers, but I'll say that I felt disappointed in the Alfred/Bruce relationship and the reasoning behind Bruce's pre-movie decision. That's not how I've always understood Batman to be. This said, I was pleasantly surprised by Anne Hathaway. Very pleasantly.

More searching today: No Doom, no Thanos. They will be found. At Bell Gardens TRU, two cases of TDKR MM were brought out, both missing the Alfred. Not shocked. I'm sure he'll turn up. I think I want to build the Bat Signal, though I didn't at first. It might be a cool piece for my desk at school. I'm sure the kids will get some fun out of it.

figrin bran
07-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I stashed an FOC Shockwave at Glendale Target. PM me if you would like it

I totally agree with Maradona about Bruce's pre movie decision...I can think of a quote from Superman in JLU that describes the essence of Batman and why he normally would not make a decision like that. I agree about Miss Hathaway and "Cathaway" made a pretty good Catwoman.

bikerscout
07-29-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm good now on saber construction Luke. Friend picked him up yesterday for me.

However, still lookin for: Starkiller, loose Malgus (esp.for $12 or < $), Imperial Guard and TOR trooper (whenever those come out), and CW phase 2 Wolffe. Thanks to JT -i'll have a shae vizla

JediTricks
07-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding, my grandpa went into the hospital right after I posted my Just Found post, and it's been a full-time event ever since, finally easing up yesterday although still going to require a lot of my time for the next few weeks.

I dunno how it is around LA proper, but I'm noticing more and more stores not restocking Vintage. I'm still thinking that, despite Hasbro's unwillingness to recognize it, most stockers see "Star Wars plastic men" and don't pay a bit of attention to the packaging.
I'm referring to stores actually selling out (which is remarkable--that whole TPM wave is a batch of pegwarmers, and it might not've been if it had actually been released with the movie in 3D), then replacing the figures with more Clone Wars or, uh, what's that other line called this week? Movie Heroes?That's not what's going on here, most of the stores won't sell out of TVC because of the Ep 1 wave just not moving at all, and as long as there's SOME hasbro SW product on the shelves, dept managers are fine. Basically they know they difference but they need some level of "facing" to not show empty pegs for the brand.

I stashed an FOC Shockwave at Glendale Target. PM me if you would like itUgh, so tempting, but I have to pass for now, can't justify a drive that far for 1 figure when there's important stuff I have to stay on this side of town for.

However, still lookin for: Starkiller, loose Malgus (esp.for $12 or < $), Imperial Guard and TOR trooper (whenever those come out), and CW phase 2 Wolffe. Thanks to JT -i'll have a shae vizlaGlad you got your Luke, and you're welcome on Shae. :thumbsup: When my sched is a little more open, I'll meet up with ya to get it into your hands.

I totally forgot about the Imp Navy Commander, I guess I'm looking for him, but it's just been slipping my mind with so many other things being checked off. TRU on Tuesday didn't seem to have him though, so at least I don't feel like I missed a figure I could have had in my hand.

Malgus is a really interesting figure, chunky and mean and pretty cool. He's got a cape attached under his shoulder armor, and then separately a removable cloak with a wire U-shape at the collar and a hood that's been tailored to stay low on the head, it looks quite good.

Vader ANH is a much better figure than I had expected, although the helmet's "crown" is still too tall for me to see ANH in it, and it doesn't have a ball-jointed neck so it doesn't quite have the range of expression needed for that film's look, but the whole figure is sharper and better, even the cape and skirt are a tiny bit better - not as "chiffon", although they only really look good tight against the body, which at this scale they don't want to do (I think this will be the first figure I wet the soft goods down on). The hinge-swivel-jointed hips work pretty well too. Worth getting, although the package will squash the helmet flares in making it look bad until you get it out and let it reset overnight.

Starkiller is a very nice figure overall, and the only real drawback I can say he has is a lack of ball-hinged hips, which he REALLY needs because of how extreme the poses the character takes are. If this were a Sideshow figure, I'd decry the lack of red sabers and Force-push hands, but this is Hasbro so I'll just be happy that he at least has hands. ;) Actually, they did something not so bad there, the character wears gloves in the TIE Pilot costume but you can see nude skin at the wrists, so on the figure they molded the hand in flesh color and just painted it black all the way, letting the inner edge carry that look. The figure is packed in the Flightsuit look, which has a removable thin backpack from the game, but the extra kit lets you remove the flightsuit belt and put on the character's look from the latter part of the game, the "hero's armor" which is an armored vest, snap-on armored gauntlets, and a new belt with molded kama skirt. Both belts have holes for the saber hilts, and not in the same places as each other which is a nice touch. The hero's armor look cheats since it's different boots and a different undersuit, but it really does work fine for this use. The only thing that doesn't hit a home run on the flightsuit is the flight harness hanging from the belt is light gray rather than the black it should be. The likeness on the figure is very good from most angles. The one thing that is a little rough is how high the hero's armor vest rides, but that's forgivable. This figure is a definite "buy".

El Chuxter
07-29-2012, 05:41 PM
It's taken quite a while, but a couple of stores finally burned through the TPM Vintage wave. (That was from, what, December? I don't remember, but it's been a while.) Those are the ones who put out more Movie Heroes--and not the ones anyone wants. :(

Tycho
07-30-2012, 02:20 AM
The Phantom Menace Vintage Wave in a nutshell:

TOO MANY:

Qui-Gon
Obi-Wan
Anakin (kid)
Battle Droid (avaiable cheaper in other packaging for Army Building - and who stil hasn't anyway?)
Quinlan Vos (this is the 4th figure of him - counting CW! He's cool but c'mon!)
Naboo Guard (curiously - as you'd think he'd sell better)

The two leading Jedi figures have too many versions of them available at this time.**

SOLD:

Darth Maul
Ben Quadrinaros
Ratts Tyrell
Daultay Dofine
Queen Amidala (post Senate)

What I'd do is possibly only re-pack Darth Maul, and maybe Queen Amidala if any - ever!

These are the mostly essential primary characters that needed to come out though - except for maybe JarJar.

What Hasbro could have done is made the concurrent Greatest Hits / Legends (whatever they're called now) figures all OT while TPM was shipping:

Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, R2, C-3PO, Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Lando, perhaps even Wicket? Maybe the Snowtrooper, too?

Then when Vintage has OT figures, go back to the Legends PT offerings - but watch that they are different from even the CW figures shipping at the same time.

bikerscout
07-30-2012, 07:55 AM

However, still lookin for: Starkiller, loose Malgus (esp.for $12 or < $), Imperial Guard and TOR trooper (whenever those come out), and CW phase 2 Wolffe. Thanks to JT -i'll have a shae vizla

In addition to these wants, I would like a deluxe FOC shockwave. (Chaddymac took mine :sorrow::friendly_wink:)

Chaddymac
07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
In addition to these wants, I would like a deluxe FOC shockwave. (Chaddymac took mine :sorrow::friendly_wink:) I did not take your Shocky, but the next one I find is yours. And he can sit rotting in a package next to PRID Wheeljack :p

Tycho
07-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I found 2 FOC Shockwaves today at Target.

I really wanted to buy one but I'm low on funds right now.

They also had a bunch of other new figures. Jazz looks good. There was a helicopter version of Arachnid I think. That was an interesting curiousity.

bikerscout
07-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I did not take your Shocky, but the next one I find is yours. And he can sit rotting in a package next to PRID Wheeljack :p

Do you have cameras in my apt? I did not open it yet..:apologetic: You got me. Well played.

thanks for keepin an eye out sir. I was probably late to bran's post anyway.

figrin bran
07-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Sorry, bikerscout. The next FOC Shockwave I find can be yours

El Chuxter
07-31-2012, 03:02 PM
No sign of any non-Prime TF's in the IE. Only Joes are scattered Roadblocks and Storm Shadows, all at Targets.

I gave up on SW. :(

bikerscout
08-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Sorry, bikerscout. The next FOC Shockwave I find can be yours

Thanks man. Again, i was just kidding in my previous posts. I was late. And for chaddymac, I still haven't opened my legends class ROTF Devastator, LC dotm Ironhide, MP rodimus or TF prime WJ. :mushroom:

Tycho - why didn't you STASH?!!?!? :dejection::chinese::wink:

Maradona
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
For those looking for FOC Shockwave:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/new-to-hasbrotoyshop-transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-series-1-shockwave-figure?CD=121&BR=496&ST=SO&PG=1

Hope it helps.

Tycho
08-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Bikerscout, I'm not sure if shockwave will be hard to find.

Also I'm in san diego. There are only a few in the group that hunt down here.

As to me personally I don't know if I'll have cash even next month for toy purchases And I don't know if I'll need shockwave for my scenes. But I really like this figure.

bikerscout
08-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Bikerscout, I'm not sure if shockwave will be hard to find.

Also I'm in san diego. There are only a few in the group that hunt down here.

As to me personally I don't know if I'll have cash even next month for toy purchases And I don't know if I'll need shockwave for my scenes. But I really like this figure.

My goodness u guys are so serious! I was joking Tycho! I know you're in SD, hence the smilies in my post. :friendly_wink:

Maradona - thanks for the tip. I might bite the bullet & pay shipping if he becomes harder to get here.

Saw "The Dark Knight Rises" in Imax yesterday, still highly entertaining to watch. I might go once again with my best friend before it leaves theaters/imax. I usually don't see movies in Imax twice, with the exception of the TDK and this film. Wonder what Nolan's next project is?

Maradona
08-02-2012, 11:07 PM
My search for the FF Dr. Doom comic pack has finally ended successfully. Now if only Hasbro would make Franklin and Valeria figures, my Future Foundation would be set, though I'd prefer if they made all of the kids. If any of you are not reading FF, you have no idea what I'm talking about and, worse, you don't know the god of writing that Jonathan Hickman is.

bikerscout
08-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Sorry for the lateness on this but, on a whim I went to sh. oaks Target yesterday and found my FOC shockwave. Hooray!

SW wise they had: multiples of the droids and villains Target excl. vintage 3 packs, and 1 vader/fett/luke BP (low articulation).
TF: new TF Prime weaponizer Optimus prime and Bumblebee, and some Tf prime legends size playsets - driller and another one with Wheeljack.
Marvel - one 4" avengers Hawkeye which I stashed. PM, text or call for info. Phone will be quickest. (have a graveyard tonite, so i apologize in advance if i'm sleeping)

figrin bran
08-05-2012, 02:06 AM
I found and bought the Ewoks 5 pack and Imperial Naval Commander at Los Feliz TRU today. Stashed a Wedge there but the card was slightly bent.

bikerscout
08-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Wow, no one wants the Hawkeye? Should still be there. The stash wasnt near toys.

Anyone on the boards gonna go to CVI??

Chaddymac
08-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Fig - were there more or were those the last ones?

Maradona
08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Marshalls/TJ Maxx are now stocking the TRU "exclusive" Rebel Transport Speeder for $9.99. Picked up two today, but saw several more.

figrin bran
08-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Fig - were there more or were those the last ones?

There were two but I got the second one for a friend. I left two of the Pilots 5 packs figuring that they'll be a lot easier to find down the road like other recent Pilot multipacks. Plus 39.99 per set really adds up and I didn't have that much on me.

Amazingly, I found another Imperial Naval Commander today at Rosemead Target. What's strange is that with that sighting and yesterday's, the INC was just remnants of that wave. I've been waiting for that INC to come down in price at Amazon since late June so it's strange to suddenly find two of those at retail.

El Chuxter
08-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Found the DG Joes at the Banning Dollar General. One of each, got them all. They had some sort of Transformers Legends figures, too, but I passed: Bumblebee, Starscream, Optimus Prime (with a sword for some reason), and G2 tank Megatron.

Maradona
08-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Found the DG Joes at the Banning Dollar General. One of each, got them all. They had some sort of Transformers Legends figures, too, but I passed: Bumblebee, Starscream, Optimus Prime (with a sword for some reason), and G2 tank Megatron.

Dear Mr. Chux,

If you see Duke, Storm Shadow, or the black Cobra Trooper at Dollar General again, PLEASE purchase them for me.

Best regards,

Mara-DG less-dona

PS
I hope you've had AC these past few days.

bikerscout
08-12-2012, 10:16 AM
hey guys,
Avengers exclusives spotted. PM, call or text for details. I apologize in advance if I'm sleeping. Had a graveyard last nite.

Commtech
08-12-2012, 10:46 PM
hey guys,
Avengers exclusives spotted. PM, call or text for details. I apologize in advance if I'm sleeping. Had a graveyard last nite.

Thanks for the heads up about this and the stash! Very grateful!

bikerscout
08-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up about this and the stash! Very grateful!

No problem senor Commtech! Again, sorry that I called so early and hope I didn't disturb your wife.
:peaceful::biggrin:

Commtech
08-13-2012, 10:08 AM
No problem senor Commtech! Again, sorry that I called so early and hope I didn't disturb your wife.
:peaceful::biggrin:

lol Absolutely no problem. She knows my priorities. :tears_of_joy:

figrin bran
08-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Are we talking about the WM Avengers 6" figures? I know Maradona and I still need help with them so please continue to be on the lookout for them. Thanks!

Maradona
08-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Are we talking about the WM Avengers 6" figures? I know Maradona and I still need help with them so please continue to be on the lookout for them. Thanks!

Yes, please.

On a side note, I finally was able to find Thanos/Warlock comic pack - in Illinois. A board member on another site posted that his WM had them on clearance for $11 and I asked if he could purchase and ship me one, despite my being a complete stranger. I was very lucky. Since a friend had found the FF Dr. Doom/Spiderman pack, I am now done with the Marvel Universe figures that are currently available. I never found a Vision or single pack Thanos at retail, but I suspect they'll eventually refresh those. If any of you see the Prof. X/Jubilee/Blastaar wave that is supposedly popping up, please pick up or stash. I'd like to get a few Prof. X, since he'd make good custom fodder.

Also, I finally opened the Super Helicarrier and Maria Hill is not as bad I expected, but still not super. I can see Hasbro reusing her mold for Sharon Carter/Agent 13.

bikerscout
08-16-2012, 07:40 AM
pm sent Figrin

JediTricks
08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
From September 7th through the 13th, Raiders of the Lost Ark is going to be shown in IMAX to commemorate the Blu Ray release of the Indy saga. I was thinking we LA folks could get together and go see it, it's going to be playing at the AMC in Burbank, Woodland Hills, and Century City, as well as other areas. Bikerscout is on board but only has Wednesday and Thursday free, so that'd be Sept 12th or 13th that he can do.

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ih3JcN0AT4

Here's the IMAX theater listings:
http://www.imax.com/movies/m/indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-the-imax-experience/

So, who else is in?

PS - there's also going to be a marathon of the entire saga in IMAX on Saturday, September 15th: http://www.amctheatres.com/events/indiana-jones

Chaddymac
08-16-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but keep me in mind as you start to plan. Too much in flux.

If anyone happens to see the TRU pilots an Ewoks packs, I'm on the hunt! Thanks :)

bikerscout
08-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but keep me in mind as you start to plan. Too much in flux.

If anyone happens to see the TRU pilots an Ewoks packs, I'm on the hunt! Thanks :)

Saw 1 set yesterday. texting u now CM.

-p

JediTricks
08-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but keep me in mind as you start to plan. Too much in flux. Will do, hope you can make it.

I'm getting excited, haven't done a geeky movie event in a while now. C'mon, who else wants to go?!? I'm also down for the marathon if I can get someone else to go.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-17-2012, 07:10 PM
I'd like to join you, but heading into the LA area on a weekday is too scary for me as a crop-dusting farmboy out in the Jundland Wastes, aka the Inland Galactic Empire. The marathan idea is tempting, though.

JediTricks
08-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I'd like to join you, but heading into the LA area on a weekday is too scary for me as a crop-dusting farmboy out in the Jundland Wastes, aka the Inland Galactic Empire. The marathan idea is tempting, though.Well, if you decide you are willing to brave the drive, let us know and we'll try to find a time that'll make it easier on you.

Marathon, huh? Nice! That's 1 more on the hook. :D

El Chuxter
08-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Weekday is probably unlikely for me to go all the way into LA. I'm about twice as far as Bel-Cam.

But I did find FOC Shockwave at Redlands Target today, so I consider myself even.

JediTricks
08-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Weekday is probably unlikely for me to go all the way into LA. I'm about twice as far as Bel-Cam.

But I did find FOC Shockwave at Redlands Target today, so I consider myself even.
Well, there's the weekend showings of Raiders, or the Saturday marathon.

Chaddymac
08-20-2012, 11:00 PM
This thread is a tribute to the lack of product on store shelves.

I have an MOC Shae Vizla I'd love to trade for a Galen Marek or Darth Malgus. Any local takers?

Chaddymac
08-21-2012, 01:15 PM
And now I'm responding to myself. Just picked up the Ewok and Rebel packs at toysrus.com. They are currently still in stock (and it's free shipping if you buy them both).

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12885955
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12885956

JediTricks
08-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Chaddy, the Ewok set is sold out already, 48 minutes after you posted that. That's crazy!

Yesterday I hit WM Crenshaw: 1x Transformers Generations FOC Shockwave, jack squat else worth mention despite the section redesign.

Target La Cienega: Jack squat.

Great work Hasbro, really putting your best foot forward.

So, any more word on Indy in IMAX? Raiders for a week, Marathon on Saturday? Any more potential interest?

El Chuxter
08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Found the Ewok set at Redlands TRU this morning. Couldn't get extras today; August is that magical month when teachers don't get paid, and I don't want to go broke right now. :D

They had the pilots, too, but $40 for guys in orange and a robot didn't seem to me like the steal the Ewoks were. Kneesa's like Teek, I would've bought a $200 vehicle if that was the only way to get her. :) Two hoods is an awesome bonus.

Chaddymac
08-21-2012, 05:24 PM
I agree. I can't wait to get my Ewoks.

Jango Speck
08-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Long time no post for old Speck. Grabbed the smaller size of this great Spaghetti Western poster trilogy- very nice.
http://timothyandersonart-printstore.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/fine-art-prints.html

Went to a private screening at Paramount this week to see the latest restoration of Raiders- it was sweet and it sounds amazing !!

JediTricks
08-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey man, welcome back to the fold.

Those were very cool, I saw them the other day, only reason I passed was the pre-folded look was a bit over the top compared to the rest of the distressing.

Nice! I'm planning on hitting the IMAX showing at least once for Raiders, and possibly doing the IMAX marathon, trying to get other folks on board.

Jango Speck
08-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I thought the marathon was regular digital cinema, and only Raiders would be IMAX. Maybe I'm wrong, but they aren't marketing the whole lot as being IMAX.

JediTricks
08-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I thought the marathon was regular digital cinema, and only Raiders would be IMAX. Maybe I'm wrong, but they aren't marketing the whole lot as being IMAX.
You're right, I misread, I'll need to fix the article. That's kind of a bummer that the marathon isn't in IMAX.

Ok, so Raiders IMAX, let's focus on that.

figrin bran
08-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I had a nice haul along JT's hunting route

La Cienega TRU - used my $5 TRU rewards on the Yavin Pilots 5 pack

La Cienega Target - got the Legion Wheeljack and Matchbox Batmobile

Crenshaw Walmart - found the running change darker blue Captain America from their exclusive Avengers 6" line.

JediTricks
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Killer! Today, WM had zip, TRU had zip, Target had zip, and then CC versions of TRU and Target had zip. Zip!

Tycho
08-28-2012, 01:27 PM
I got theMTT at Wal-Mart!

I will not be sure I'll be able to afford it this month, so I am not opening it yet. It's a huge (lengthwise) box and looks great. It's heavy too, so I think there's a toy inside the box.

It was $128 at Wal-Mart. Having it sealed for the moment is also a good idea in case there's a sale or price drop.

I found it once before, late last week. They had 2 on the shelf at the time. I think I bought the same exact one I saw last week.

While I love this vehicle - and that the bad guys get a huge vehicle (there's only really the BAT-AT and if you count Slave-One's new larger mold *COUGH we need a sailbarge COUGH* - I wonder if sales will be poor? This is a TPM vehicle and that movie has proven to be the worst-seller. But the inclusion of 20 Battle Droids might be an attraction. [Obi-Wan should have his Jedi robe for that scene but it doesn't look like he comes with it.]

Anyway, I hope I can hold on to it. I have to take my cat to the vet's. Pay my own medical bills. I've got a Civil War battle in Huntington Beach I'm in. Baseball fees for my team's field use and the umpire's dues. And I've got a gunfighter competition with food, ammo, and entry fees out in the inland desert this month. Plus I have to run the air conditioning 'cause it's hot! Oh, and I always have continuing expenses as I get started with my business as a writer, plus my Masters Degree program will be starting up again here shortly.

I also got the Ewoks 5-pack at Toys R Us. I'll be able to keep them for sure. They were $40 - but that works out to $8 a figure and they include extra hoods and weapons. I turned down the Rebel Pilot pack. I'm not trying to collect all the pilots of Red and Gold Squadron. [Of course I want A LOT of Rogue Squadron, from the comics, too - but that's a different story and more Exp. Univ. figures for the most part.]

Anyway, K-Mart is across the street from my place and I could walk there. I'll have to check on their Ewoks. I've no plans to buy the AT-ST crew however. Don't need them.

El Chuxter
08-28-2012, 01:47 PM
This is a TPM vehicle and that movie has proven to be the worst-seller.
Are you sure that's correct? There was definitely the most unsold stock of TPM merchandise around 2000, but a lot more was made. I can't imagine AOTC outsells it; not based on my opinion, but there's simply not as much stuff in that movie that cries out for action figures. I'd be fine with the AOTC offerings we have, with maybe a new figure or two. But there are loads of TPM stuff I'd love to have.

JediTricks
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
TRU Culver City had Jar Jar TVC regular card this morning, I bought. Also had 3x MP Thundercracker, I bought 1. Thanks to Bikerscout for the inspiration.

AOTC never got a chance to outsell it, they didn't make anywhere near as much product for it. But I think Tycho is right on that claim, TPM not only sold HORRIBLY this year, but also struggled back when it came out to the point where it nearly bankrupted Hasbro. TPM has a broader number of things to make, and it appears most people do not want to buy the things from that film, so it's still the worst seller.

Chaddymac
08-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Picked up an extra Ewok pack today at Burbank TRU. They had several pilot packs. Since it's sold out online, I thought there might be someone here who would want the Ewok pack. If not, I'll just take it back to the store this weekend.

Also picked up Thundercracker from a friend. I love the deco and the tolerances are better for transformation with this Hasbro version than the Takara Starscream.

Tycho
08-28-2012, 06:14 PM
I think most vehicles from AOTC have been made.

One of the earliest Star Destroyers could make an awesome large vehicle (out of scale of course).

There's the Techno Union giant rocket-like looking ships.

Dooku's solar sailor would be the best option.

TPM has a ton of stuff that I would personally buy, like the Gungan Bongo Submarine, and the Radiant VII. I think these will either be 1) Never Made, 2) Made Much Later (when fans get bored with other options and those raised on the PT are the majority left in the hobby - i.e. kids that liked JarJar because they were 5 when they first saw him), or 3) they are made very toyetic, like we discussed all the assault cannons (from CW) put on the Radiant VII - but hopefully removeable for those that want authenticity. I suppose you could even make (REMOVEABLE) stuff like water-bursts and a harpoon that the Gungan Sub could shoot.

Hasbro answered "never" to the Niemodian shuttle - seen in all 3 PT movies and featured fighting (as piloted by Anakin and Obi-Wan) in Clone Wars.

If they made that, I'd pack in the CW animated style Nute Gunray, and maybe the re-release of animated Luminara and Ahsoka, or the Republc Senate Commando.

With realistic figures? Grievous and his body guards I guess. (maybe Tey How packed in for no apparent movie reason, other than a chase piece to improve sales. Then put Tey How in a battle pack later. Maybe no carded option - unfortunately).

JediTricks
08-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Chaddy, please feel free to detail what you mean about the tolerances between MP-11 and this TC, in the TF thread or here, which ever.

Tycho, they could try making an Acclamator-class assault ship, of all the Star Destroyer movie variants it's the smallest, the fattest in the main body, and the only one with direct external character interaction when the clones were marching into them at the end of the flick. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Acclamator_I-class_assault_ship
Still, it's a relatively boring visual design and doesn't do anything in the film but lift off.

Chaddymac
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
It's places like in the connector to the nosecone piece and the sliding tail fins from leg to jet mode are much smoother. The Japanese version was so tight I was constantly afraid Starscream would break.

Also, pulling Skywarp out of storage and comparing the figures, there are a LOT of remolded parts, even more than I initially suspected.

Chaddymac
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Just checking one last time - I'm returning the Ewoks on Saturday. Does anybody want them?

bikerscout
08-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Special thanks to darkagent for the heads up Tuesday. Snagged a MP TC at tru!! :thumbsup: I'll have to duck Chaddymac's tomatoes, but I still haven't opened MP Rodimus yet!! Gotta open him and LC Ironhide. I moved and packed them away, gotta find em.

While I'm on here --does anybody have these BAD parts?:

YVH-1 head and gun
HK-50 head
Darktrooper legs, arms, or head

Accessories: Pre Vizsla jetpack, darksaber and 1 pistol.

PM, call or text. I will trade and/or buy with my droid parts on hand. Thanks!!!!

JediTricks
08-30-2012, 09:39 PM
It's places like in the connector to the nosecone piece and the sliding tail fins from leg to jet mode are much smoother. The Japanese version was so tight I was constantly afraid Starscream would break.

Also, pulling Skywarp out of storage and comparing the figures, there are a LOT of remolded parts, even more than I initially suspected.Interesting on the parts, glad to hear ours is better.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the only original parts on this mold are the torso halves, "spine" torso plate, and jet nose elements. Arms are different, legs are different, head is different, parts of the torso are different.

Chaddymac
08-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Torso halves are different too. Vastly different mold, actually.

bikerscout
08-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Torso halves are different too. Vastly different mold, actually.

So chad, you're saying all in all -this mold MP TC is easier to transform? Much easier? I'm still happy with the old mold, even though its kind of a pain in the arse to transform the seekers

Tycho
08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
I bought the gray MP version of Starscream from Japan. I wanted realistically colored jets.

I also got the American version of Skywarp (real jets are also black).

I'm not getting Thundercracker. The only blue jets I know of are the Blue Angels, and they're F-18's. Hasbro should make some. Maybe not as the Angels being Decepticons - but just some F-18's as Decepticons.

Anyway, I think the mold my planes are seem very fragile and I transformed them once - Starscream to robot and Skywarp to fighter jet, and then just leave them in those modes so I can look at them and appreciate them in their place on my shelf.

Fearing breaking them, I stick with my motto: "They're Transformers. They're not supposed to be transformed." :P

It would be nice to hear if the new Thundercracker mold is sturdier, even if I don't plan to get any more jets (unless they make a different kind of jet for the MP line - like F-18's).

Chaddymac
08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
So chad, you're saying all in all -this mold MP TC is easier to transform? Much easier? I'm still happy with the old mold, even though its kind of a pain in the arse to transform the seekers
I think you'll stop being happy with the old mold when you get around to opening Thundercracker. It's such a sharp improvement, it'll make you dizzy. I don't know if it's easier to transform, but it's cleaner and looks better in both molds. But beyond that, the US release of the MP mold is a better toy because the transformation joints are less stiff, so there's less strain on the parts during transformation. TC was totally worth the money, and now it makes me long for Skywarp using the new design.

My name is ChaddyMac, and I'm a PlasticCrack-aholic.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Hey! I found (and actually bought) SW action figures in the Inland Empire! That should trend on Twitter any second now. :rolleyes: TRU has a BOGOHO deal until Labor Day. I found the Ewok pack (only one there) and the E1 JarJar, which may've well been a femine hygeine product. :eek: They couldn't get a scan for it, so the cashier asked for a price check (it happens sometimes). However, her request was heard over the store's PA system, so here's basically what all the customers heard:

"I need an item check. It's a Jar Jar Binks 6" [?!? :confused: ] action figure."
"Doesn't it have a bar code?"
"Yes, but it says no data found."
"Did you try typing in the numbers?"
"Yes, and it still said no data."
"What package is it? There's different kinds."
"It just says Star Wars, and Jar Jar."
"Does it say Phantom Menace? There's different kinds, like Clone Wars, Phantom Menace."
"No, just Star Wars."
[by now, the "expert/manager" has arrived in person, off the radio]

Manager Guy: "Hmm. That one's different."
Me: "Yeah. I hadn't seen too many of these before. I've seen the Phantom Menace ones."
Manager Guy: "These are the ones they give out at Lucasfilm premieres. [speaking to the cashier, and holding a Vintage figure] Just scan this one."
Rest of line [by now, there were about 4 purchasers] of customers' thoughts: "Ugh. Stupid toy collectors..."

JediTricks
09-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Torso halves are different too. Vastly different mold, actually.Yeah, I see that now. They kept like the hands & wrists, the nose, the cockpit stuff, the spine section of the torso, the airbrake plate, and I think maybe the jet nozzles and shoulder plates and rocket-manboobs. It's a really odd collection of parts they saved. Those torso halves make using the stand in vehicle mode a real pain in the arse.

So chad, you're saying all in all -this mold MP TC is easier to transform? Much easier? I'm still happy with the old mold, even though its kind of a pain in the arse to transform the seekersI'll say it's easier to transform, getting rid of the side fueltanks made this so much easier, there's less to worry about aligning and locking down all at once. The only real challenge is getting the wing tabs in place at the right time. I had to transform Starscream twice yesterday while taking photos of the duo, there was no doubt that Starscream took longer than TC and was frustrating in several areas that TC wasn't.

BTW, here's my photos: http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/1573

I think you'll stop being happy with the old mold when you get around to opening Thundercracker. It's such a sharp improvement, it'll make you dizzy. I don't know if it's easier to transform, but it's cleaner and looks better in both molds. But beyond that, the US release of the MP mold is a better toy because the transformation joints are less stiff, so there's less strain on the parts during transformation. TC was totally worth the money, and now it makes me long for Skywarp using the new design.

My name is ChaddyMac, and I'm a PlasticCrack-aholic.There are only 2 areas I think Starscream v1 outshines Thundercracker:
1) deco, the plastic looks less toyetic and the paint is better thought out on Starscream.
2) the fit & finish is better on SS, especially the undercarriage lines which are sleeker and more rounded on Starscream.
Everything else comes off way better on TC, and that face on SS really is a burden now compared to TC's much more accurate head design.

I've seen your place though, you ARE a plasticaholic. :D

Hey! I found (and actually bought) SW action figures in the Inland Empire! That should trend on Twitter any second now. :rolleyes: TRU has a BOGOHO deal until Labor Day. I found the Ewok pack (only one there) and the E1 JarJar, which may've well been a femine hygeine product. :eek: They couldn't get a scan for it, so the cashier asked for a price check (it happens sometimes). However, her request was heard over the store's PA system, so here's basically what all the customers heard:

"I need an item check. It's a Jar Jar Binks 6" [?!? :confused: ] action figure."
"Doesn't it have a bar code?"
"Yes, but it says no data found."
"Did you try typing in the numbers?"
"Yes, and it still said no data."
"What package is it? There's different kinds."
"It just says Star Wars, and Jar Jar."
"Does it say Phantom Menace? There's different kinds, like Clone Wars, Phantom Menace."
"No, just Star Wars."
[by now, the "expert/manager" has arrived in person, off the radio]

Manager Guy: "Hmm. That one's different."
Me: "Yeah. I hadn't seen too many of these before. I've seen the Phantom Menace ones."
Manager Guy: "These are the ones they give out at Lucasfilm premieres. [speaking to the cashier, and holding a Vintage figure] Just scan this one."
Rest of line [by now, there were about 4 purchasers] of customers' thoughts: "Ugh. Stupid toy collectors..."Heh heh, that suuuuucks. Weird too, I bought TVC Jar Jar (normal card) at TRU a few days ago with no issues. Buying Jar Jar figures is like buying 'roid creme.

Maradona
09-02-2012, 01:32 PM
MP Thundercracker is not cracking anytime I come near a TRU it seems...

JediTricks
09-04-2012, 01:58 PM
MP Thundercracker is not cracking anytime I come near a TRU it seems...
When I see more, you and Bran are at the top of my list.

Maradona
09-04-2012, 03:25 PM
When I see more, you and Bran are at the top of my list.

Much obliged, JT. Now that school has started, I'm only able to check at night and on weekends, which I did each day this weekend at opening. Result = futility.

JediTricks
09-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Sure thing Maradona.

Ok, so Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX is opening this Friday and running just 1 week. Let's try to work out who definitely wants to try to come and what works for their schedule. My schedule is fluid. I know Bikerscout wants to go but can only make it next Tuesday, Wednesday, and maybe early Thursday at best.

Let us make this happen!

Tycho
09-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I found a deer in my IHOP.

This is not a joke. It's been making a quick national news anecdote.

Walking distance down the street from me, there's an IHOP - right by the Islands Burgers where a friend or two from this website have eaten with me when you've visited San Diego.

A deer (like Bambi or Rudolph) crashed through the window of the restaurant and raided the kitchen. Then the manager opened the emergency exit door and the deer bolted out of the restaurant.

There are berries and nuts available on their pankakes. There was no doubt this is why the Bambi Bandit hit the place.

San Diego police are now looking for a brown person with white spots, walking on all fours, with a cotton tail, black nose, and big ears.

I am waiting for the ACLU to file charges over the racial profiling of the suspect in this crime.

Charges include breaking-and-entering, exhibitionism or appearing in public without clothing on, destruction of private property, theft of food products, and pointing sharp weapons that could be used to injure the other customers. The deer did not pay for it's meal and in fact didn't even give a crap.

But that's what I found in my IHOP. I think you can probably YouTube the video. I didn't shoot it. I wasn't armed at the time.

Maradona
09-05-2012, 04:32 PM
I found a deer in my IHOP.

This is not a joke. It's been making a quick national news anecdote.

Walking distance down the street from me, there's an IHOP - right by the Islands Burgers where a friend or two from this website have eaten with me when you've visited San Diego.

A deer (like Bambi or Rudolph) crashed through the window of the restaurant and raided the kitchen. Then the manager opened the emergency exit door and the deer bolted out of the restaurant.

There are berries and nuts available on their pankakes. There was no doubt this is why the Bambi Bandit hit the place.

San Diego police are now looking for a brown person with white spots, walking on all fours, with a cotton tail, black nose, and big ears.

I am waiting for the ACLU to file charges over the racial profiling of the suspect in this crime.

Charges include breaking-and-entering, exhibitionism or appearing in public without clothing on, destruction of private property, theft of food products, and pointing sharp weapons that could be used to injure the other customers. The deer did not pay for it's meal and in fact didn't even give a crap.

But that's what I found in my IHOP. I think you can probably YouTube the video. I didn't shoot it. I wasn't armed at the time.

I've been to that IHOP and that Islands. A friend's brother lived across the street from there for years and we'd stay there when we'd go to SDCC. Each morning, before hopping on the tram, we'd eat breakfast there. Luckily, there were no fauna related incidents.

bikerscout
09-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Tycho -- could not find a youtube video. Pls send us a link - u know the specifics -thx

Maradona -- special shout out for hooking me up with a TRU BOGO 75% off SW coupon that was only valid on 9/6. I started late yesterday evening, but with this coupon, I called around TRUs for the speeder bike sets and found some in the outer rim (that were supposed to placed on hold for me but weren't). I picked up 2 sets for <$30 w/tax. (One for $22 and the other for 5.50!) The extra set will be yours for the nice price of $15 kind sir.

On Wed I saw the MTT at Pan city wally, and the endor At-sts at noho Kmart. That pan city wally has a million 6" iron mans btw. A little weird.

Yesterday I saw the quinjet and multiple TF FOC shockies at a wally. Pm or text for details.

That's all i can remember for right now. I've been up for about 24 hrs. now. (Yikes! Had fun though, watchin movies w/friends and hunting)

Maradona
09-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Maradona -- special shout out for hooking me up with a TRU BOGO 75% off SW coupon that was only valid on 9/6. I started late yesterday evening, but with this coupon, I called around TRUs for the speeder bike sets and found some in the outer rim (that were supposed to placed on hold for me but weren't). I picked up 2 sets for <$30 w/tax. (One for $22 and the other for 5.50!) The extra set will be yours for the nice price of $15 kind sir.

Glad to help and thank you for the reciprocal hook-up. I got lucky just finding out about the coupon and even luckier finding an Ewok and a Rebel Pilot set at a notoriously employee/scalper store. $39.99 for the first set, $10 for the second, plus a $5 TRU rewards coupon. The guy at the check out stand seemed shocked that those sets (there were just a solitary pair on the shelves) were even out and that I was getting them for such a discount. After tax, I paid just over $48, reminding of the not too distant past when battle packs came with five figures and sold for around $20 each. Time, time, time...

bikerscout
09-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Ok, hopefully all of you weren't too annoyed by my texts - i don't have a smartphone -sorry. Here is a summary of this am.

port. ranch wally: TF: a few FoC shockies, nothing good for SW. Don't recall seeing an MTT either.

PR tru: No bike sets. Did have all the tvc lost wave, both variant cards. I picked up the Leias. I stashed Vader and Jar jar (tvc card), for someone here, but it turns out they can't make it to the store so i guess they're up for grabs. PM, text or call for details. (I work nights, so sorry if u can't reach me right away)

Kmart on Corbin was gone with apt/condo development where it used to stand. Wow, so fast. Nothing to report -lol.

Target on nordhoff - nothing good.

btw, great score Raph !!

JediTricks
09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Yesterday, La Cienega TRU had a TVC variant-lost-line Jar Jar on bent card, I stashed, PM for location.

Today, Culver TRU - jack.

Could use a buy or stash on 1 or even 2 Speederbikes.

JediTricks
09-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Culver TRU this morning had the entire Lost Line wave in both looks, but the lost look wasn't ringing up, so I bought Vader and Sandtrooper on regular cards. No Speederbikes, which was the real reason I went there, I really want that one. And no Thundercracker Masterpiece, surprisingly.

So, we're looking to go to Raiders in IMAX some time in the next 2 days, who is with us???

Anybody else notice that we've passed A MILLION VIEWS in this thread? How crazy is that? Top 10 posters who made that possible:

Jango Speck
bikerscout
figrin bran
me
Tycho
BlueSnags
Commtech
Turbowars
darkagent
and CrunchyNug!

bikerscout
09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Wow that's awesome JT! Thanks for the props.

Raiders. IMAX. Burbank AMC. Wed. 7:20 show. Be there or be square.

Chad --dude, just leave work and tell them what you're doin. I'm sure they'll understand. No problem! :chuncky:

Maradona
09-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Anybody else notice that we've passed A MILLION VIEWS in this thread? How crazy is that? Top 10 posters who made that possible:

Jango Speck
bikerscout
figrin bran
me
Tycho
BlueSnags
Commtech
Turbowars
darkagent
and CrunchyNug!

Go Team SSG!

Jango Speck
09-11-2012, 11:26 PM
That's impressive....MOST impressive. Makes me wish I was still collecting Hasbro....almost. Seriously, the CW line would kill my budget, at least I can enjoy watching the show.

I just picked up a set of those amazing Star Wars spaghetti western posters.

Jango Speck
bikerscout
figrin bran
me
Tycho
BlueSnags
Commtech
Turbowars
darkagent
and CrunchyNug!

darkagent
09-12-2012, 12:56 AM

Jango Speck
bikerscout
figrin bran
me
Tycho
BlueSnags
Commtech
Turbowars
darkagent
and CrunchyNug!

Very cool! Way to go guys.

bikerscout
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Well I can't badmouth Geoffrey today b/c he let me BOGO 50 the two Leias I bought Sat. (before the sale) with a price adjust on the receipt. Knocked it down to $15. Sweet.

bikerscout
09-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Last night at a valley target, i found some maul bps. I also stashed 1 of them. PM, text, or call for location. I'll be up.

It was nice to meet up with Maradona and Chancellor JT last night. Albeit I was late, good times!

:)

JediTricks
09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Right on! Hope you're having fun today at the marathon btw.

Culver Target had those Maul Battlepacks as well, I had gotten mine with Bikerscout in Burbank as he mentioned above (or rather, as he HINTED above :p) but haven't opened it yet - I will, just feeling guilty what with the "there goes my food money" aspect. At least I was able to get mineral oil for my cutting board though, now to wait until I have food to cut. ;)

Culver TRU Thursday, Friday, and today - NOTHING! Stupid damnit to hell, I want that Speederbike, it was MY pushing through Q&A that got so much attention onto this need and I want that ship, not excuses! (hooray for a SW quote!)

Maradona
09-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Last night at a valley target, i found some maul bps. I also stashed 1 of them. PM, text, or call for location. I'll be up.

It was nice to meet up with Maradona and Chancellor JT last night. Albeit I was late, good times!

:)

To quote the Church of Robotology, "That equals truth!" It was like a mini 1,000,000 views celebration.

Tycho
09-16-2012, 01:54 AM
At Toys R Us in San Diego they had both the blue card (lost line look?) and the regular card look for the vintage JarJar wave.

I thought Lumat was only available online? I didn't see him in the store, but the cardbacks make it look like he's shipping to retail.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to hunt down the K-Mart exclusives. I could walk to the K-Mart across the street, but I don't always have time. I heard their stuff is hitting, but I haven't heard about it being found in San Diego yet - nor at my store.

When I am more secure with my food money, I will order Lumat and 2 Jocastas online.

Meanwhile, I found that I'd fractured my arm in my 19th century railroad / Civil War re-enactment gunfight today. I'm in plenty of pain but the oxycontin they prescribed me is helping.

bikerscout
09-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Mr. Tycho --get well soon sir.

Maradona -- interesting description of our meetup. I don't get the Robotology & quote though - forgive my ignorance.

JT:

Culver TRU Thursday, Friday, and today - NOTHING! Stupid damnit to hell, I want that Speederbike, it was MY pushing through Q&A that got so much attention onto this need and I want that ship, not excuses!

Aaaaaaaaaaa didn't I ask Hasbro at 2011 panel about the new speederbikes?? :confused: :wink: Maybe you're referring to another forum or somethin

Tycho
09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you Bikerscout :)

Turbowars
09-17-2012, 11:27 PM

Jango Speck
bikerscout
figrin bran
me
Tycho
BlueSnags
Commtech
Turbowars
darkagent
and CrunchyNug!Those were the days huh JT? I can't believe I ever cared that much for Hasbro figures. Hasbro has gotten real good with destroying the line.

Maradona
09-18-2012, 07:05 AM
This was worth seeing:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58388

bikerscout
09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
This was worth seeing:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58388

Wow. That was magnificent. I'm still at a loss for words. And there was a scout w/a rifle to boot!! Thanks for sharing dude!!

I should've posted this yest. morning so sorry for the lateness. I found some of the new marvel comic packs people were lookin for. PM, text or call for location. No thanos set though, of course.

Target frequenters - don't forget to get a price adjust with your receipt if you bought the maul battlepack last week. All bps are on sale this week for $18. This includes the vint 3 pks too.

JediTricks
09-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Yesterday: Culver TRU, nada. Culver Target, Maul BP.

I opened my Maul BP, the Sith Witch is pretty good, fairly close to the art right down to her lightsaber, her back feathers are removable to make her a little more Nightsister-y (she basically looks like Mother Talzen down to the head). Savage is ok but I really miss his lightsaber, that was a tragic mistake since there's no way I'm able to get one now. Maul himself is only ok, as careful as I was to get one with good paint the chest is still off-center, and his articulation is so low that he's very difficult to pose - a rotation joint in the upper legs would have gone miles to make this figure work. His lightsaber looks like a new sculpt but I can't be sure, it is in 2 halves and can plug together, in the set it's plugged into a red energy grip that spins which is cute.

To quote the Church of Robotology, "That equals truth!" It was like a mini 1,000,000 views celebration.Awesome Futurama quote, and right on - million-views JFLA party!

Meanwhile, I found that I'd fractured my arm in my 19th century railroad / Civil War re-enactment gunfight today. I'm in plenty of pain but the oxycontin they prescribed me is helping.As I mentioned in my text, it's good you didn't get authentic civil war-era medicine on that break.

Maradona -- interesting description of our meetup. I don't get the Robotology & quote though - forgive my ignorance.It's from Futurama.

JT: Aaaaaaaaaaa didn't I ask Hasbro at 2011 panel about the new speederbikes?? :confused: :wink: Maybe you're referring to another forum or somethinYou asked about something that was already coming out, they confirmed something already in progress. I spent 6 years holding their feet to the fire when they kept saying "maybe later" to the idea. 9-1-06, 8-17-07 (that's the one where we suggested they do a clear stand), 9-14-07, SDCC '08 interview, 7-15-10, SDCC '10 interview, and the VERY LAST QUESTION WE ASKED THEM in the whole program at the end of last year after they even confirmed it was asking about the materials. :p

Those were the days huh JT? I can't believe I ever cared that much for Hasbro figures. Hasbro has gotten real good with destroying the line.It has been a long, wild ride. Hasbro definitely is strangling the line at this point, that's for sure.

This was worth seeing:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58388Yeah, it sure was... WHEN I POSTED IT IN THE FORUMS 2 DAYS AGO! http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/46299-Fan-made-Star-Wars-anime-video

Maradona
09-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it sure was... WHEN I POSTED IT IN THE FORUMS 2 DAYS AGO! http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/46299-Fan-made-Star-Wars-anime-video

I sit corrected.

Chaddymac
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I sit corrected.

JT is enfuego.

Tycho
09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
I have only slightly more money to spend (and only slightly more product I'm interested to buy) this month.

I already stated I bought (but have not yet opened the MTT.

I also just got the Target Exclusive with Mother Towsend (Darth Maul returns).*

*I suppose Clone Wars is going to go for a lot of yardage with this bad story idea (IMO, Maul should have been KILLED DEAD by a deliberately VENGEFUL Obi-Wan in TPM who let his anger over Qui-Gon's fate get the better of him - thus teaching him a lesson because his true moment of victory came when he reached his calm center and accessed the Force to get Qui-Gon's blade in the first place. But the whole Naboo Generator Room affair resting as a teachable moment for Obi-Wan's character growth.) But CW is going to resurrect Maul and have him run around with Savage.

If they do that, I think we should meet Dark Helmet's Brother's, Sister-in-Law's, Uncle's, College Roommate for a mini-story arc as well.

Anyway, finally, to recap September, I got Toys R Us' Ewok 5-pack.

There is little else I want. I keep seeing Captain Rex's Phase II armor look in the stores and think I should probably buy this, as I'll need it eventually. I like the figure but have no diorama plans for CW Phase II Clones

I've seen but have no interest in "the lost wave" (why do they call it that?) on both cardback styles. But Lumat is on the cardback and I could use 3 of him. Possibly a Shae Vizla figure, too - as a substitute for Siri as a bounty hunter from Jedi Quest (Anakin's training as a padawan, when he learns Obi-Wan had once had a girlfriend amongst his fellow Jedi).

NOTE: Obi-Wan has the coolest battles and the coolest girlfriends:

Battles:

Darth Maul
Jango Fett
Durge
Darth Tyranus
Savage Opress
General Grievous
Darth Vader

Girlfriends:

Cerasi - revolutionary leader of The Young
Siri Tachi - Jedi (padawan / knight)
Dutchess Satine (Mandalorian leader)

And there was that girl from Last Stand on Ord Mantell, but I forgot her name.

Still, people don't think about it, but Obi-Wan rivals Quinlan Vos as a Jedi ladies' man. Quin winds up with a prostitute and Obi-Wan even has some sort of strange love-hate thing going with a Sith-Witch (Ventress) whom I gather he was never really interested in - but Satine is the leader of all Mandalore.

Anyway, Shae Vizla might make a good substitute for a Siri Tachi in bounty hunter disguise figure as she's pretty obscure and not likely to ever be made into an action figure. (Xanatos, Dark Knight, would be a much better choice for any first figure from the Jedi Apprentice Scholastic Books anyway.)

El Chuxter
09-19-2012, 12:35 AM
I've seen quite a few of that stupid Darth Maul Rehashes!!!1!!! set. If Target wouldn't make me pay for them and kick me out, I'd poop on them all.

A more bizarre find... TRUs here seem to have a ton of Retaliation Cobra Troopers and Cobra Commanders (blue variant only) that weren't there before their B2G1 sale. Seems odd, since those are figures people actually want, and other stores that still have anything Joe have a few Roadblocks, Dukes, and Snake Eyes. Was there some sort of case assortment with just those two (and maybe a third higher-demand figure like the Red Ninja or Joe Trooper, who probably got wiped out already)?

Tycho
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
3 Ewok sets, 3 Imperial at k-mart.

I bought 2 Ewok sets.

Maradona
09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Amy of the locals going to Power Con this weekend? I'll be going on Saturday and may return Sunday if it's a bit more expansive than last year's.

JediTricks
09-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Culver TRU - a Jar Jar and a Sandtrooper. They FINALLY put up a tag for the Speederbikes they don't have, but in a spot where the same Vader lunchboxes have been for months, so I guess they're either mysteriously missing or going out the back door.

La Cienega TRU - I think a Jar Jar or something. Nothing worth talking about.

HTS has preorder for the Vehicon, I texted everybody I listed in my TF group in my phone about it when it came up but just in case you didn't get it, HTS has the TFP Vehicon finally.

Venice Beach - a Shuttle Endeavour flying right at us, I got photos: http://www.jtreviews.com/photos/shuttle/

Chaddymac
09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Ooh! Add me to your TF distro!

JediTricks
09-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Ooh! Add me to your TF distro!

Aw geez, sorry about that Chaddy. Done.

JediTricks
09-21-2012, 05:55 PM
And like that, the Vehicon is presold-out.

darkagent
09-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Anybody go to Comikaze last weekend? Just wondering if there was any improvement from the first year. From just looking at the floor plan, it looked like it was actually in the bigger halls this year.

figrin bran
09-22-2012, 06:02 PM
No sign of the Kmart 2 packs at Fairfax/3rd Kmart. They do have the scout walkers though.

Tycho
09-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Figrin, they seemed to get 1 case in at a time at my store.

There were 3 of each type (AT-ST drivers, and Ewoks).

As I bought 2 Ewoks leaving only 1 without much difficulty, I'd assume that 1 collector could buy the entire case to share with their friends or even keep for themselves - as I'm switching the hoods to make 4 Ewoks out of 2 for a diorama.

I'd find out when they get their truck and what time their "toy guy" stocks. Rebelscum had the UPC number posted in a story on their site too. I used that to ask an employee to check the shipment manifest for me.

bikerscout
09-25-2012, 01:27 PM
JT -- i was only poking fun when I mentioned myself asking about bikes in the Q&As. I knew you had pressed them on it, just not how much -as u posted.

To Everyone: A sincere thanks to all of those who helped me find my wants this year. Really appreciate it! When you build good collecting 'karma,' if there is such a thing, its always nice to be rewarded. United we can defeat the scalpers!! U guys rock!!! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-25-2012, 03:12 PM
So, yesterday was a hunt for the Speeder Bike set, and it was a failure in that regard - I even went down to Seal Beach just on the hope that their stock number was right and their employee was wrong, and then I went to Seal Beach TRU even. :p (Stupid GPS took me to the center of Seal Beach the city, 5 winding miles west of the 405 instead of that TRU that's right off the freeway). A very helpful employee at La Cienega gave me the area stock numbers for every Western States TRU on their warehouse, only a few phantom pieces are showing anywhere (either stock mistakes or stolen or employees hording) and NONE are expected to replenish anytime soon. That news left me seriously dejected, however today Culver another very helpful employee looked it up and said that their warehouse has 1,000 units on backorder waiting to be filled, so there's some hope.

Anyway, sightings:
Seal Beach TRU - a dozen or so Ewok sets. TVC Lost Wave minus Vader and lost cards.

Culver TRU - nothing SW. Transformers Chinese Market exclusives basics - Laserbeak & Sandstorm; Deluxes - Cliffjumper & Swerve. I bought all but Sandstorm, but may not keep the deluxes.

La Cienega TRU - jack squat.

Culver Target - nothing of note. Did have Avengers blu ray exclusive 3-disc for $20, only about 8 left on shelves but showed more cases in back on price scanner.

JT -- i was only poking fun when I mentioned myself asking about bikes in the Q&As. I knew you had pressed them on it, just not how much -as u posted. No prob. Funny timing since I had just texted you about that right as this went up while I was out getting Avengers Blu Ray on your advice.

Also, I decided to use the $75 Sideshow gift card since there's no figures I can get with it that I want anyway coming soon, so I figured why hold onto it when it's not going to get better later and then it'll expire? I got the $50 Star Wars Year by Year coffee table book, and 5 of the new Sideshow stands (originally my plan was 15 of those stands before I saw the book :p). The book is cool, I haven't dug in much but it's big and colorful. The best thing is that the stands work on the Battle Droids, that was the only thing that fell in the recent earthquake, so now it will be less likely to repeat that trouble - it'd work under the crotch like on any regular figure, but these are tall enough to hold under the torso gaps which is a better anchor point I think. Shipping for all that turned out to be $9, a lot lower than their system showing an estimate of $61.44!!!

El Chuxter
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure if she's as HTF as the Marvel version, but I found the Avengers Black Widow figure at the Redlands Target this morning, on a display behind the Avengers DVDs and blu-rays. I'm thinking she'll fit in pretty well with my Joes. Might be worth checking other stores.

bikerscout
09-27-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure if she's as HTF as the Marvel version, but I found the Avengers Black Widow figure at the Redlands Target this morning, on a display behind the Avengers DVDs and blu-rays. I'm thinking she'll fit in pretty well with my Joes. Might be worth checking other stores.

Didn't see her yesterday, but saw Nick Fury and Hawkeye at a local walmart. A crapton of Ironman 6" wally excl. figs as well.

On tuesday I picked up the Avengers 4 disc 3D bluray combo pack at target for $19.99. It came with a bonus bluray disc too. So that's 5 discs for 20 bux. My store only had 12 of these packs & they sold out in 20 some odd minutes. Pound for pound the best Avengers deal imo. The only stores' exclusives were on the lame side. Costco -collector's cards, Walmart -mini comic, Bestbuy - metal case (not lame at all, but had to be pre-ordered early this month) and Bestbuy has a cased version with a book & lithographs for $70. I forgot to look for it yesterday when I picked up........ Batman: The Dark Knight Returns blu for 14.99. I hope its good. A small clip i saw looked nice.

BlueSnags
09-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Culver TRU this morning had the entire Lost Line wave in both looks, but the lost look wasn't ringing up, so I bought Vader and Sandtrooper on regular cards. No Speederbikes, which was the real reason I went there, I really want that one. And no Thundercracker Masterpiece, surprisingly.

So, we're looking to go to Raiders in IMAX some time in the next 2 days, who is with us???

Jango Speck
bikerscout
figrin bran
me
Tycho
BlueSnags
Commtech
Turbowars
darkagent
and CrunchyNug!

Was just checking in and saw this. Pretty sweet.

-Good Old Snags