PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Chaddymac
09-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Speederbike at TRU.com. Free shipping at $49 or more and BOGO 50% off: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12885973&csm=379137440&csc=2173402&csa=409107860&csu=2173404

Jango Speck
09-29-2012, 12:51 AM
Made a rare stop at Burbank TRU tonight and found two figs on that new/retro card. Pretty sweet, but man these are no frills aren't they? Gone are the extra inserts, accessories, or anything else that makes you want to buy them- just a photoshopped ship flying around a planet. In the "collector" aisle- I found some nice new resin-type ET figures- in three different "outfits". By the way, Wormser appears to have taken a job at Chubby13 in the mall- that shop is but a shadow of its former self- not much to look at anymore, but nice to see statues on display.

JediTricks
09-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Missed on the Speederbike set again, apparently sleep is no longer possible if I want this thing. I really need a hook-up on it.

I forgot to mention, Culver TRU seems to have a Hot Wheels guy, older, walkruns straight there, hopefully he keeps his mitts off my SW and TF. Doesn't he know this is Big Lou's territory and it all goes out the back door to him anyway? :p

Right on, Snags! Good checkin! :D

Speck, they're putting droid parts back into the figures next year, all new cards.

bikerscout
09-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Anybody go to Comikaze last weekend? Just wondering if there was any improvement from the first year. From just looking at the floor plan, it looked like it was actually in the bigger halls this year.

Didn't go - and forgot it was happening. Thought it was in October? Never been to any of them so far. Was this the 3rd one? Any good?

Meanwhile - still lookin for a Starkiller and TF deluxe Wheelie. "chinese" :joyous: Lookin for another speeder bike too. Can be bad card/box. thx.

BlueSnags
09-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Made a rare stop at Burbank TRU tonight and found two figs on that new/retro card. Pretty sweet, but man these are no frills aren't they? Gone are the extra inserts, accessories, or anything else that makes you want to buy them- just a photoshopped ship flying around a planet. In the "collector" aisle- I found some nice new resin-type ET figures- in three different "outfits". By the way, Wormser appears to have taken a job at Chubby13 in the mall- that shop is but a shadow of its former self- not much to look at anymore, but nice to see statues on display.

Haven't seen Wormser at Burbank TRU for a long time. Too bad. I was in the store the other day and I needed to borrow his front teeth for a minute (I had a bottle that needed opening).

I thought Chubby13 went out business. Sad to hear that he's still around. Not surprised to hear that Wormer's "working" there now, though...

-Snags

BlueSnags
09-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Missed on the Speederbike set again, apparently sleep is no longer possible if I want this thing. I really need a hook-up on it.

I forgot to mention, Culver TRU seems to have a Hot Wheels guy, older, walkruns straight there, hopefully he keeps his mitts off my SW and TF. Doesn't he know this is Big Lou's territory and it all goes out the back door to him anyway? :p

Right on, Snags! Good checkin! :D

Speck, they're putting droid parts back into the figures next year, all new cards.

Anyone here pumped about the 2013 Droid Factory line? I can't bring myself to get excited. The cardbacks and the figure selection pretty much sucks. Plus I don't have high hopes for the distribution.

-Snags

darkagent
09-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Almost had a Masterpiece Optimus Prime with trailer on Friday. Had one on hold for me at TRU guest services, but some ***hole took it. They are starting to hit the stores.

bikerscout
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Almost had a Masterpiece Optimus Prime with trailer on Friday. Had one on hold for me at TRU guest services, but some ***hole took it. They are starting to hit the stores.

This is upsetting.

A little birdie told me speeder bike set is up for order on TRU.com currently. No BOGO though

Tycho
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Where is the best place to get (modern) vintage-style carded Lumat?

I don't want to buy a case of the internet assortment, just doubles of Lumat for 2 different dioramas.

JediTricks
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Where is the best place to get (modern) vintage-style carded Lumat?

I don't want to buy a case of the internet assortment, just doubles of Lumat for 2 different dioramas.
Amazon.com is the only place I know of taking preorders for individual figures. I think they have a limit of 2 per character.
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-Collection-Episode/dp/B008RNZQZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349122778&sr=8-1&keywords=Lumat

Tycho
10-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Thank you JediTricks.

bikerscout
10-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Saw chinese tfs yesterday. Even stashed some. (But not as many as i should've). Scout class. PM, text or call for details. Intentional vagueness - sorry, but you know why.

figrin bran
10-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Stashed a speeder bike and PM if you would like it. I'm being intentionally vague as well ;)

bikerscout
10-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Stashed a speeder bike and PM if you would like it. I'm being intentionally vague as well ;)

Bran, thank u very much for the heads up & the inspiration. I found the last bike set at my local TRU as I was gearing up to go to the spot you mentioned. Too bad no new TVC figs -it was BOGO. Also, no sale or coupon on the bike sets unfortunately. $24 w/tax. Owwww.
Hope someone can benefit from your stash.

Tycho
10-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I bought the Cyberverse Ultra Magnus Cmdr. figure. I like him.

I want G1.5 figures in Cyberverse size: Springer (helicopter), Rodimus Prime, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge = commanders.

Kup, Blurr, Arcee (car) = universe or whatever the small size is.

I used JT's link and ordered Lumat. I also ordered Brian's Toys Jocasta Nu through SirSteve's sponsorship link to help our site.

That's all on the toy news except that I bought 6 "detolfs" for displaying my SideShow and Hasbro 1/6th scale Star Wars collection and 2 multi-partitioned entertainment component storage centers which are the perfect size for my 7" Star Trek figures from Diamond, so more of my collection can finally be displayed. (furniture from IKEA and Wal-Mart).

JediTricks
10-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Yesterday the mailman delivered my 2 TFP Vehicons, and today the mailman delievered my 2 Speederbike sets. I had to wait at home because the mailman is the only one who won't just LEAVE IT ON MY FRIGGIN' DOORSTEP!!! If he leaves the notice, it's at least 3 days until I can get my packages from the post office, there's always an excuse with them.

Anyway, Vehicons are pretty good, $20 with shipping and tax per figure isn't crazytown since it'd be $16 after tax if I bought 'em in stores. The figure is the second best in the line for sure, right after Wheeljack. The gun at first doesn't fit anywhere but the left forearm, but after a little work it fits on all 4 spots plus both fists obviously. Quite likeable, they need to get more out there fast.

Speederbike is exactly as amazing it was at Comic-Con, but better because it's in my house!

Tycho
10-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Buy a large dog to detain the mailman. He will still be there when you get home, but there might be a small lawsuit. (So don't put your name on the collar.)

I got Deluxe Shockwave, but have been too busy to open him at the moment. While without a movie, I've nearly stopped collecting save for getting old DOTM stuff from Japan (HA Soundwave for example), I'm open to new expressions of G1.5 (the Rodimus Prime / Galvatron era) if they are somewhat realisitc, with in-scale characters to one another.

Interesting new forms for Decepticons that are "extra-characters" are welcome though, like that deluxe class jet with the poseidon spear. Can't recall the name though, but he had forward swept wings that reminded me of Cyclonus.

Chaddymac
10-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Speederbike back in stock online. Is this old news?

Chaddymac
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Burbank TRU has a few of the Speederbike and lots of the Ewok/Pilots pack.

JediTricks
10-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Culver tru tonight had 4 masterpiece thundercrackers and 5 speeder bikes.

bikerscout
10-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Saw a couple Marvel 3.75" Beasts yesterday. Didn't stash. PM, text or call for location.

Where is that mp prime already?!?!?

Tycho
10-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Why don't they make a fully transforming Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with no removeable building block or add-on parts for the trailer (but fully transforming) like the Titanium?

Then do Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, and a triple-changing Masterpiece Springer at the largest scale possible (maybe a PAV-LO or Black Hawk converting into a military truck like DOTM Megatron, but for Springer's 2nd alt mode)?

Maybe make a ROTF MP Fallen while they're at it?

Maradona
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
This may or may not be news: HTS is very stocked and they just released a coupon code. Text me if you need it, so as not to alert any of the bad guys who might be lurking.

didgeboy
10-23-2012, 04:56 PM
PM Sent. Cheers

bikerscout
10-25-2012, 07:33 AM
PM Sent. Cheers

^ lurker!!!!! :tongue:

Wow. It's been dead since late august/early september when everything hit at once. No new TVC waves i take it, since the final ones will be online exclusive. TF guys: Any chinese deluxes out or MP TFs spotted?? thx

Btw, thnx again for the heads up Maradona! was able to grab a fig that's been eluding me for months. Ur da man.

Maradona
10-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Btw, thnx again for the heads up Maradona! was able to grab a fig that's been eluding me for months. Ur da man.

Glad to help.

Chaddymac
10-25-2012, 09:15 AM
^ lurker!!!!! :tongue:

Wow. It's been dead since late august/early september when everything hit at once. No new TVC waves i take it, since the final ones will be online exclusive. TF guys: Any chinese deluxes out or MP TFs spotted?? thx

I picked up my picks from the chinese deluxes and basics last week from Burbank TRU. No Voyagers yet. Also grabbed MP TC a month or so ago. Haven't seen Op, but I know he's been there a few times. I'm not looking for him, though, since I have the Japanese version.

JediTricks
10-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Rumor has it that TRU.com is not going to be honoring those MP Optimus Prime preorders, that they're going through slowly and canceling them. That said, my preorder is still sitting there waiting, but I am thinking I'm going to either track this piece down in the store or live without it, too much trouble trying to get these things lately.

Crenshaw WM the other day had the vintage Stormtrooper on both cards, last notable sighting in front of my eyes.

Chaddymac
10-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Rumor has it that TRU.com is not going to be honoring those MP Optimus Prime preorders, that they're going through slowly and canceling them. That said, my preorder is still sitting there waiting, but I am thinking I'm going to either track this piece down in the store or live without it, too much trouble trying to get these things lately.

That seems like some pretty bad customer relations. Eek.

bikerscout
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM

Crenshaw WM the other day had the vintage Stormtrooper on both cards, last notable sighting in front of my eyes.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read that rumor too. Extremely disappointed. It's gonna be a b*&%& and a half to find these.

Chaddy - any extra wheelies??

JediTricks
10-25-2012, 02:28 PM
TRU.com has had a bad track record for... ever, really. Ever since they won that lawsuit severing their relationship with Amazon about 11 years ago, they've really been inconsistent running their own site. I've never dealt with their customer service folks though.

I'm thinking that at $100 with a large box, these aren't going to move all that fast, but it also might mean they might not get stocked in as many stores.

In other MP news, some photos have been posted of MP Sideswipe and NO THANK YOU! http://tformers.com/transformers-mp-12-sideswipe-gallery/18732/news.html What the HELL is with that tiny height on this insane pricetag?!? It's shorter than a $20 Alternators figure! And no working scissor-wing doors, plus kibble at the tail? Seriously Takara?!? Other pics show a hollow leg design as well as color mismatched panels: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/690463-takara-mp-12-lambor.html
Very frustrating.

Chaddymac
10-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read that rumor too. Extremely disappointed. It's gonna be a b*&%& and a half to find these.

Chaddy - any extra wheelies??Naw, mine was the only one I got away with.

El Chuxter
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
TRU.com has had a bad track record for... ever, really. Ever since they won that lawsuit severing their relationship with Amazon about 11 years ago, they've really been inconsistent running their own site. I've never dealt with their customer service folks though.

Their FB page is essentially a laundry list of people complaining about their customer service for website issues. And their representative telling people to call the 1-800 number they're griping about calling five or six times without results.

Chaddymac
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
In other MP news, some photos have been posted of MP Sideswipe and NO THANK YOU! http://tformers.com/transformers-mp-12-sideswipe-gallery/18732/news.html What the HELL is with that tiny height on this insane pricetag?!? It's shorter than a $20 Alternators figure! And no working scissor-wing doors, plus kibble at the tail? Seriously Takara?!? Other pics show a hollow leg design as well as color mismatched panels: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/690463-takara-mp-12-lambor.html
Very frustrating.I still want him, but Soundwave and his minions is without question the primary objects of my affection.

Tycho
10-26-2012, 02:42 AM
While I'm not hunting down MP Thundercracker, I couldn't help but wonder:

Why don't you guys with STILL-ACTIVE pre-orders for the jet just go hunting it down in the store anyway?

Save your receipt for immediate return if your finances make that necessary, but offer it to the other guys on the site who might not get so lucky and live right in your area within a 30 minute drive?

At worst, you'll end up without one. At best, you'll have two and be able to help someone else out. At LEAST, you'll have one if you find it in the store.

And finally, at least you guys have toys to hunt down. I'm not sure I do:

Star Trek: nothing (but I must remember to pre-order that Horta "Devil in the Dark" diorama).

Terminator: nothing that I know of.

Transformers: when I can afford it, I have some DOTM stuff that's VHTF which I can concentrate upon.

Star Wars: I don't think you can get the Mandalorian Transport vehicle at all, right? Even from overseas? There's very little I need but I'd go wild over the Sailbarge or somewhat obscure characters if only Hasbro made them - like Tvvvzztt and Nyrat Agira. I wish SideShow would offer other certain figures (which are much more mainstream like Leia Endor Poncho) and a Weequay from my wishlist.

bikerscout
10-26-2012, 12:42 PM
While I'm not hunting down MP Thundercracker, I couldn't help but wonder:

Why don't you guys with STILL-ACTIVE pre-orders for the jet just go hunting it down in the store anyway?

Save your receipt for immediate return if your finances make that necessary, but offer it to the other guys on the site who might not get so lucky and live right in your area within a 30 minute drive?

At worst, you'll end up without one. At best, you'll have two and be able to help someone else out. At LEAST, you'll have one if you find it in the store.

Because gas and time are precious commodities. And unless, it's for someone I know or something I'm selling or trading that will have fb, I don't always feel like boxing up larger items, taking them to the post office, paying shipping & then waiting to be paid back. Real pain sometimes.

Heck, I want mp prime, but I don't feel like going to 2-3 different TRUs everyday for a month just to find him. (Especially due to the fact that TRU reneged/(may renege) very badly on their pre-ordering customers!!!) They're gonna do a HTS.com on us ---reminds me of the debacle of TLC wave 4 (Grievous, Cmdr Faie, FX-6) Years ago, I pre-ordered this wave on HTS and they canceled the pre-order a week or 2 later, and raised the price. Talk about frustration. Geoffrey needs to stop watchin moves from the Hasbro playbook!!! (aka raising the price on MP TC!!!)

Marvel collectors: text or PM me, I learned last nite about somethin u might wanna go for, but don't want to mention it here.

Tycho
10-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I know what you mean about gasoline prices, Bikerscout. I actually don't mind these being the days that we don't go hunting all across town any more. Can you believe we once did that?

In college, sometimes I'd get out of a midterm and want to just blow off the rest of the day. I might choose to drive to like half a dozen Wal-Marts and Targets in my area, plus about 4 Toys R Us.

Then I got smart and always asked when their next truck would come in and when they expected to unload it. Those were the times I made the trips even when gas was cheap.

I agree. Your hours spent looking for stuff costs you time.

Hard to believe only 1 third of my lifetime ago, I used to spend the night camped outside of toy stores for Midnight Madness. Remember those days? We really enjoyed the height of the hobby. Even back in vintage days we couldn't connect with whole lines of other collectors (to make friends and enemies out of, LOL - let alone tangle with scalpers or have comic - hobby shop stores to hang out in).

Think it will ever return to being like that? There are new generations of fans still to come up. Maybe one day, the "Star Wars Holodeck Experience" will be the new rage and there will be some kind of line-up for toys again? Us Gen-1'ers will be in the line and the kids asking if we're there to get Anakin or Grand Moff Tarkin. I'll proudly say I'm finally going to get Nyrat Agira and a Rannat and they'll have to tap their cybernetic information implant to retrieve the data on who those people were! (I won't be needing an Anakin or Tarkin figure, I'm pretty sure - but I won't spoil their fun).

figrin bran
10-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Stashed a TFP Vehicon at Glendale Target (last night's "Regeneration" episode was really awesome btw). PM me if you would like it though I should warn it's really expensive at $18.99!!!

Thanks to TRU's sale, I got a Vintage Sandtrooper and Shocktrooper for 9.99 combined

bikerscout
10-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Mostly Tru report: Saw the vint box BMF at both Van nuys and porter ranch (2 there). They are on the floor in the SW aisle, can't miss em, they're beasts. 249.99 each I think. Saw the Tf prime first edition figures at Woodland hills yesterday and Porter today. Porter had chinese tfs too. All 3 of these trus had MP TC as well. No prime. (APB!! :wink:)

I recently acquired a 3.75" black widow. Don't need her, got it in case u guys needed it. Came to $11 w/tax. PM, text or call if you're interested.

Oh ya, port ranch wally had Cw ph. 2 Rex multiples. Training droid too. Didn't see the others in the wave.

JediTricks
10-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I still want him, but Soundwave and his minions is without question the primary objects of my affection.I am hoping they are able to release that piece here. The overseas price is way too rich for my blood, but they do look cool.

JediTricks
11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Culver TRU had nothing of note in SW, but TF had FE Starscream and Arcee, and Chinese Wheelie and Springer, and literally dozens of MP Thundercracker. I stashed the Wheelie and Springer, but it wasn't my finest stashing in hindsight - still, PM for deets.

FE Starscream is alright, looks much nicer than Voyager, and the articulation is very expressive.

Also got TVC Clone Wars Obi-Wan from Amazon, decent figure, I'd like to have seen more range of movement on the elbows and hips and torso, the neck and head sculpt is way better than TVC CW Anakin though. Obi-Wan's got a very dark blue lightsaber blade, but a second hilt that plugs into his belt unlike CW Anakin where I think they just forgot.

Tycho
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM
How can a TEAM of people forget anything like a lightsaber hilt?

It's got to be some kind of cost reduction and for whatever reason, some microscopic part makes a difference?

Can't believe the price on the BMF. Perhaps the price gouging is for "fundraising" for Jabba's sailbarge? Like any extra money they can get (between TRU and Hasbro - as I think exclusives are paid for on the back-end - that is after they are sold) and the actual MSRP cost of the vehicle would still be $150 like it was before. They're just seeing what they could get - probably from 1st time buyers who might be unfamiliar with the previous sale of the BMF.

I mean who do they think they are? FAO Shwarz reborn?

Anyway, for the $249 price tag, they could have done ESB vintage packaging and put in a new soundchip:

LEIA: They're getting closer.

HAN: Oh yeah: watch this!

LEIA: Watch what?!

CHEWIE: [b**** and moan in Shryyywokk]

C-3PO: Might I say that I noticed earlier the hyperdrive motivator has been damaged. It's impossible to go to light speed!

HAN: I think we're in trouble.

FALCON: Failed hyperdrive noise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAN: What's this?

LEIA: Would it help if I got out and pushed?

HAN: It might!

LEIA: This bucket of bolts is never going to get us passed that Imperial blockade!

HAN: This baby's still got a few surprises left in her Sweetheart!

FALCON: underbelly laser cannon sounds (used on the re-release of the 1979 mold for POTF2 in 1995)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEIA: Ready for lightspeed!

LANDO: It's now or never. Punch it Chewie!

FALCON: gurgling sound

LANDO: They told me they fixed it!

LEIA: No light speed?

LANDO: They told me they fixed it! I trusted them!

CHEWIE: [something the auto-censor would block - but said in Shryyywook anyway]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LANDO: All set Princess. We'll contact you when we find that bounty hunter.

LUKE: I'll redezvous with you on Tatooine. Chewie: take care of yourself.

CHEWIE: Grrrrrr-wrrrrr-wrrrrr-uuuggh-wrrrrrr

LANDO: Don't worry Princess. We'll find Han.

LUKE: May the Force be with you.

This Falcon toy would be awesome. I might even have to consider buying another one, but they should have made changeable dialogue chips like the COMMTECHS of 1999 - only better sounding.

Jango Speck
11-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Hey guys, long time, almost no collecting anymore- except for some artwork here and there. Just wanted to remind you all that if you want to cull the heard and thin out your collection (and it's not worth selling on the Bay), please seek out a local Toys For Tots drop off. I've been donating bags of figures for the last few years, and to my kids' school raffles, and everybody gets really excited to see Star Wars stuff. I think my kids' toy collection now outnumbers mine, which is as it should be. Happy Holidays.

JediTricks
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
How can a TEAM of people forget anything like a lightsaber hilt?

It's got to be some kind of cost reduction and for whatever reason, some microscopic part makes a difference?They didn't forget the saber hilt, it has 2 sabers - lit and unlit - it's just that there's no attachment box on the belt - not even a drilled hole like the Space Suit Anakin had. The show design doesn't have the box on either Anakin or Obi-Wan's belt for their early-season outfits, yet they both wear their sabers in that spot on the show, and the season 4/5 outfits do have the box, so the intention was there - since these are meant to be "realistic" versions, they should have them and the Obi-Wan does. It's just inconsistent - and I'd argue not well thought out - execution.

Hey guys, long time, almost no collecting anymore- except for some artwork here and there. Just wanted to remind you all that if you want to cull the heard and thin out your collection (and it's not worth selling on the Bay), please seek out a local Toys For Tots drop off. I've been donating bags of figures for the last few years, and to my kids' school raffles, and everybody gets really excited to see Star Wars stuff. I think my kids' toy collection now outnumbers mine, which is as it should be. Happy Holidays.Hey there Speck, good to see ya.

Good thought, although I do want to remind folks that Toys for Tots only takes sealed, unwrapped toys as donations; and that it is now illegal for charities to accept donations of older toys thanks to the lead and toxin scare a few years ago (despite Hasbro having an excellent track record avoiding toxins in their toys) so loose figures cannot be donated at all anywhere, not to Goodwill or anybody. Toys for Tots does take sealed toys, as does CHiPs for Kids at any CHP office if you somehow can't get to a Toys for Tots donation location

Chaddymac
11-09-2012, 06:14 PM
You know what I just realized about the new Star Wars movies? There's a chance for an OT Cartoon series now. OMG.

Tycho
11-12-2012, 12:30 AM
My Lumat figures I ordered from Amazon arrived. I open mine so I don't care about mint so much, but take note:

I ordered 2 Lumats and one came mint, the other - the card was folded in a light mailer package with the bottom of it open so you could see one figure in the envelope.

MOMC collectors beware of this incident. Though I've never had a problem with Amazon before.

JediTricks
11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Bikerscout sent out a group text image of his figures showing up in a foldover. I got Obi-Wan CW in a foldover by himself and the bubble was indeed smashed, but since I'm an opener it didn't occur to me how frustrating this would be for MIP collectors. My 5 other figures came in a single TINY box that the UPS guy kicked in a corner on, all the figures were fine but the a couple cards were bent.

Not sure if you guys need this, but if you want the Mandalorian Shuttle from TRU in that multipack with Anakin's starfighter but can't find it in stores, TRU.com has it: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17244636
If you spend $100 or more it's 20% off, and free shipping over $49.

Maradona
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
I also received a few pathetically packaged Amazon figures, but since I'm opening them, I didn't mind much. Seems like Amazon went to a HTS packaging seminar.

Tycho
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the link, JT.

I can't afford this for several weeks and hope it is still offered. It's a good price I think. However I have no need for Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. Maybe I can create an excuse? LOL

The price is even better than what you can get on Ebay by itself.

darkagent
11-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the link, JT.

I can't afford this for several weeks and hope it is still offered. It's a good price I think. However I have no need for Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. Maybe I can create an excuse? LOL

The price is even better than what you can get on Ebay by itself.

I don't know if you guys have already heard, but the TRU vehicle 2 packs will be 50% off on Black Friday.

Tycho
11-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Oh no. Camp outs?

Seriously? I think I'll probably pay the $40 to not have to do that ($20 more).

The money the camp-out will cost me for decongestant nasal spray, anti-aging wrinkle-loss cream for lack of beauty sleep, and possible doctor's visit co-pay will add up to more than the $20 I'll save...

And more than the $40 plus shipping if I mail-order it.

But I think many here with other purchases in mind from TRU will appreciate that information, as do I.

It does give me something to think about.

But money is tight right now and $20 would almost cover seeing James Bond and Abraham Lincoln in the movie theaters.

Chaddymac
11-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I don't know if you guys have already heard, but the TRU vehicle 2 packs will be 50% off on Black Friday.

Son of a *****. Of course, I probably wouldn't have found it on black friday. I bought one last week and dropped Anakin's starfighter off in the Toys for Tots bin on my way out.

Tycho
11-14-2012, 03:24 AM
have you opened the transport yet? Is it a good vehicle?

Chaddymac
11-14-2012, 09:26 AM
have you opened the transport yet? Is it a good vehicle? it's pretty sweet, actually, for how simple it is. The missiles have no get-up-and-go, but i love the rotating wings and the interior is pretty well detailed. Add on top of that the fact that you can comfortably fit six figures in there, and it's pretty awesome.

JediTricks
11-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Son of a *****. Of course, I probably wouldn't have found it on black friday. I bought one last week and dropped Anakin's starfighter off in the Toys for Tots bin on my way out.I mentioned this in text last night, but for everybody else, TRU will price-adjust your receipt if you bring it in during the corresponding toy. So if it's a doorbuster 6am to 9am, you have to have the receipt in their hands during that time, and they will refund your money.

I still haven't found this set yet, I won't buy it online but I'd buy it in person.

figrin bran
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Bikerscout sent out a group text image of his figures showing up in a foldover. I got Obi-Wan CW in a foldover by himself and the bubble was indeed smashed, but since I'm an opener it didn't occur to me how frustrating this would be for MIP collectors. My 5 other figures came in a single TINY box that the UPS guy kicked in a corner on, all the figures were fine but the a couple cards were bent.

Not sure if you guys need this, but if you want the Mandalorian Shuttle from TRU in that multipack with Anakin's starfighter but can't find it in stores, TRU.com has it: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17244636
If you spend $100 or more it's 20% off, and free shipping over $49.

My Emperor's Guard came in a foldover and was pretty thrashed. The rest of my Amazon order - Ahsoka, Nien, Lumat,Prune Face, Weequay and Rep. Trooper came in a box and just about all were in great condition.

bikerscout
11-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Haha - and I thought no one was posting on here lately - I havent checked & i didn't get any alerts. Anyway, yeah I wasn't too happy with the foldover. When I opened it the bubbles to the royal guard & TOR trooper were pretty smashed. Especially at the top. I popped them back, but it's not the same. The cards are unpunched and nice, so the smashed bubbles really kill it. :sad:

This has been a great week. On Monday I picked up the amazon package of the TVC final wave figures from my manager's office. (Actually came Fri., but office closed) On Tues., my 2nd most wanted item of the year finally arrived -MP Prime. (Still haven't opened the box yet - I will after this). And yesterday I found all of the deluxe FOC Generations combaticons. At first I found Blast Off and Brawl. Then I went off to the side & texted ppl that I was looking for the rest. When I went back a few minutes later - look who magically appeared there - all of the rest: Onslaught, vortex and swindle. Picked em up. There was still another Brawl and Blast Off when I left i believe. Maybe 1 more, but i can't remember who. I also needed a bday gift for my friend's 1 yr. old, so with the combaticons and that I was over $75 and used the coupon to get the $10 TRU giftcard. FYI - if u get one of these cards, it becomes active 6 hrs. after receiving it & expires 2/2/13. Late last night I also struck gold at a Target. I found a single card 3.75" Thanos. It is spoken for. Oh ya, I saw TF Prime 1st edition Vehicon at sh. way TRU and the regular card Vehicon (assume this is other mold) with dvd at Panr. city wally and Sh. oaks target. Never seen the latter in the wild before.

Now I may not be ranked top pro collector such as Crunchy, Bluesnags and DarkKnight4516, but I hope my hunting guild member score has increased. :biggrin:

JediTricks
11-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Culver city TRU had Nom Anor, Wedge, Luke hoth, anh Vader, Aayla and Evazan. I stashed them all but it was pretty busy so not sure it'll hold up for long. Pm for details on the stash.

Maradona
11-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks to Bikerscout, my two plus year search for a single carded Thanos has successfully ended. I refused to pay scalper prices for it, thinking that somehow, someday, fate would smile upon me in this respect. It's a good thing that Bikerscout knows how to twist fate's arm. Now the only Marvel figure that I need that I missed is Vision. Never found either version of him. When Professor X is released, I'll want about five of him so I can use the suited body for customs.

figrin bran
11-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Maradona, HTS had Professor X the other day (and still might, I'm not sure)

I've seen Vision once and this guy snatched it right off the pegs in front of me.

Maradona
11-18-2012, 01:53 AM
THanks FB, I missed out on that HTS find, but I'll be on a more regular lookout in case it returns.

Tycho
11-18-2012, 03:30 AM
My Target in San Diego (there are maybe no other San Diego collectors on this site and LA / SD shipments are very timely and comprable) ---- got Ahsoka in SCUBA gear, with Boss Republic Commando, the new Rex and Cody and a cool repaint of the Super Battle Droid.

I didn't purchase anyone. But I was thinking about it.

bikerscout
11-18-2012, 01:40 PM
My Target in San Diego (there are maybe no other San Diego collectors on this site and LA / SD shipments are very timely and comprable) ---- got Ahsoka in SCUBA gear, with Boss Republic Commando, the new Rex and Cody and a cool repaint of the Super Battle Droid.

I didn't purchase anyone. But I was thinking about it.

Ty - U should've grabbed that Ahsoka. I saw one at Frank & Son's yesterday (shout out to Commtech!!) for $30-40. Also, there are very few on evilbay.

Maradona - glad I could be of service. I'm glad it made it's way to a nice collector's home. Good things come to those who wait haha.

JT - pretty good find sir.

Before I return it, does anyone want the Avengers 3.75" black widow I found a few wks. ago? I have a GI Joe Retaliation blk Cobra commander too, but I think I'll keep him until the movie comes out & we actually get to see him on screen. I'm having slight reservations about the TF Gen. Combaticons i picked up. Nothing wrong with them, but I'm tryin to save for a trip for the end of this month and I really want MP sideswipe/Lambor more. (Esp. after seein him @ F&S yesterday!) I may wait for an online sale though, and I think I will get him b/c the chances of a U.S. release are pretty much nil. (Lamborghini rights). So if those pique your interest, pm, text or call. Thx.

Tycho
11-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I had emergency veterinarian expenses with one of my cats. I would not have money to buy her for myself or pick it up for another on the board and mail it. I mean literally I budgeted for food for the month. grad school, writing conferences and editing expenses all came at once. since they're not making much perhaps 1 day I won't object to paying 40 dollars for her because I won't have anything else I want to buy

Tycho
11-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Add to that, there is no Riff Tamson figure, or Anakin and Padme be in scuba suits

bikerscout
11-19-2012, 12:30 PM
I hear ya Tycho. Priorities had to be met.

I may decide to keep the combaticons. The card art is fantastic - some of the best i've ever seen for deluxe class or generations in general, and they may be htf later. Lucked out getting em all at once.

JediTricks
11-21-2012, 01:27 AM
CC TRU had that Luke Hoth I had previously stashed, the rest were picked up.
CC Target had a TVC CW Anakin, and more oddly, a TVC Mawhonic. I'm guessing someone bought a case from BBTS or someone like that and didn't want another Mawhonic, convinced an employee to take it back off the item number on the receipt.

Been taking care of a new family matter the last 24 hours, but universe had a little surprise finally. I stopped in at CC TRU and they FINALLY got the CW vehicle 2 packs in, had 1 left of the Mando Transport 2pack, so I bought it and will bring the other vehicle - Anakin's CW JSF - to the store for Toys For Tots when I get my price adjustment Friday. The Transport is alright, but the controls are too far for even the tall TVC CW Anakin to use (I have my TVC CW Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka flying in it right now). The wings folded up makes it look like a starfighter.

Then CC Target had the $12 TF deluxes sale going on, and the ONLY new figures in their pile were 2 Vehicons, so a second score and an army is built.

Oh, and picked up my TF Generations FOC G2 Bruticus from Amazon at my mailbox place. What a great-looking presentation, I may not open it even though it actually looks pretty good in person. Right down to the '90s Hasbro logo on the bottom. It'll go well with the G2 Bruticus skin I have for FOC (but haven't figured out how to get working).

figrin bran
11-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I had forgotten about this until now but I saw a TVC Mawhonic as well a few weeks ago at La Brea Target.

And that $12 sale on TF deluxes at Target has been great to me. I've picked up 2 Vehicons, Onslaught, Blast Off and Swindle.

I'm having trouble finding TRU exclusive "Protectobot" Hot Spot so any help will be appreciated.

Jango Speck
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
I am selling a poster to someone in Germany- does anyone have any idea what it would cost to ship a poster tube to Europe?

Maradona
11-23-2012, 09:45 AM
On the way home from my grandparents' home last night, I stopped by the new Walmart in Covina, which was surprisingly built right next to a Target. I was reluctant to go Black Friday shopping, but gave it a shot. I picked up an Avengers 8-pack for $25 and it came with three of the four Iron Man 2 figures I'd given up searching for: comic book Whiplash, cyborg War Machine, and Ultimate Iron Man. I've read reports of the green Mandarin figure being found, but I couldn't find one. As unlikely as it sounds, I was in and out of Walmart in ten minutes.

Pumped up by that score, I tried my luck at a nearby TRU hoping to find a Mandalorian Transport. I once again got lucky and found one, also picking up two packs with the really versatile mobile cannon. It took fifteen minutes to get in and out. If anyone is looking, Covina TRU had several of the Transport packs last night around 9.

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.

El Chuxter
11-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Free shipping at HTS today. They had Dr. Cornelius "Roofoo" Evazan in stock, as well as a few others. I ordered him, needless to say. What's sort of pathetic is that I can't remember which, if any, skiff guards I've picked up this year, and I'm not home to check, so I just passed on them. They're all updates, anyway, and of figures who were decent enough, if not spectacular. The pricing has really gotten to the point where I could afford all the resculpts, but my common sense starts screaming at me now that they're at double digits, and it's not fun to have an argument in your head, especially when the commotion wakes up the Duchess and she starts hitting the other personalities with a shoe. :D

In all seriousness, though, I hit some stores last night and batted 1000 on the stuff I was looking for (mostly stuff for the kiddos that was heavily discounted, but not exactly high demand). Only the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack (which was unplanned, and I was surprised that Target even carries, much less marked down) and Walking Dead Season 1 probably interest anyone here, though. And, thanks to Amazon's sales, I got the complete series of Firefly (which I can finally watch) and Get a Life (which was easily one of the funniest shows ever, and was probably the best live-action "absurd" comedy before Arrested Development came along).

Tycho
11-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Got the Mando-kin Transport 2-pack at TRU tonight. Opened her. Review in the CW toy section in a thread started there.

Also got a Japanese scout-class Dead End in ROTF style packaging, that says "Universe."

Saw Brawl and a armed dune-buggy repaint, too. Brawl is a repaint of the armored transport that fits on Voy Seaspray.

There were usually 4 new figures in each scout class case, IIRC.

Who else ships with the scout Dead End?

These cars are perfect to make Deluxe Ratchet-Hide-D-con Dread SUVs look like Voyagers (as they should have been - for what-ever-the-Deluxe-Dread's name was from DOTM. (Crankcase? or was that the car?)

Anyway, I'd be interested in Scout Class size cars that resemble MOVIE Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Wreckers, Soundwave (Mercedes), Barricade, Wheeljack (Que), Mirage (Dino), etc. Does anyone else know about this?

Meanwhile, 3 MP Thundercrackers have been sitting there for 2 days or more - or they got a new shipment of them.

After I bought my toys I bought a Memphis BBQ burger at Carl's Jr and it was really good!

I'm really happy with my Mando-Trans too, but I didn't eat that. (the toy review is in the CW post forum).

Jango Speck
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Another WalMart in the east 210 area? How many do they need out there? Well, Burbank will have one next to a Target soon, so that must be the new trend. Cheap big box next to another- keeping it classy SoCal.

On the way home from my grandparents' home last night, I stopped by the new Walmart in Covina, which was surprisingly built right next to a Target. I was reluctant to go Black Friday shopping, but gave it a shot.

Jango Speck
11-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Went down to Santa Ana yesterday to check out the Indiana Jones archaeology exhibit at the Discovery Center. Very nice show, lots of props and costumes- but unlike the Star Wars exhibit from 2008?, the gift shop items really sucked- I was so disappointed, but my bank account was happy. If you head on down, take some unwrapped toys to get free general admission, then you only pay the extra for the Indy show.

JediTricks
11-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Hit up Crenshaw Walmart, they had nothing good as usual, but they did have an exclusive role-play non-electronic Obi-Wan vs Maul saber set on the top shelf. Luckily I wasn't there for toys or I'd have been disappointed, instead I was there for Vanilla Listerine and WM is the only chain that still carries it. WM was clearancing out TFP Cyberverse Optimus Maximus though, even WM knows how horrible that turd is.

Also hit West LA Target, TVC CW Anakin was all they had to offer of note. Nothing TF of note, but they also were clearancing out TFP Op Maximus I think. Oh, and they got a new shipment of TFP Deluxe, the ones with the DVD, and EVERY SINGLE FIGURE WAS BUMBLEBEE!!! How stupid is Hasbro to reship this loser yet again?!?

I am selling a poster to someone in Germany- does anyone have any idea what it would cost to ship a poster tube to Europe?USPS says First Class and under 36" would be $8, and any faster/better shipping would be minimum $30 (express could be $38 or higher depending on size). Sorry I didn't see this sooner, hope the info helps in some way though.

Went down to Santa Ana yesterday to check out the Indiana Jones archaeology exhibit at the Discovery Center. Very nice show, lots of props and costumes- but unlike the Star Wars exhibit from 2008?, the gift shop items really sucked- I was so disappointed, but my bank account was happy. If you head on down, take some unwrapped toys to get free general admission, then you only pay the extra for the Indy show.Sounds cool. How was the size of the exhibit compared to the SW one?

El Chuxter
11-28-2012, 10:23 PM
If they stopped insisting Bumblebee talked in beeps or radio clips, people might think he's cool again.

Jango Speck
11-28-2012, 11:30 PM
USPS says First Class and under 36" would be $8, and any faster/better shipping would be minimum $30 (express could be $38 or higher depending on size). Sorry I didn't see this sooner, hope the info helps in some way though.

Sounds cool. How was the size of the exhibit compared to the SW one?

Really, $8? The post office guy said $30 was the cheapest way, that the length of the poster tube (31.5") was the reason, but I don't think I can fit the poster into anything shorter. Not sure of the weight, but I don't see an $8 option online.

The Indy exhibit took less than 2 hours to fully examine, and I was ogling all the props/costumes and taking pix, plus doing the guided tour and solving the puzzles. Felt about the same size as the SW exhibit, minus the awesome SW gift shop. If this show eventually makes it to L.A., I would go again.

JediTricks
11-29-2012, 01:27 AM
If they stopped insisting Bumblebee talked in beeps or radio clips, people might think he's cool again.Bumblebee wasn't terribly cool when he talked either, but yeah, TF Prime's Bumblebee beeps are the WORST, it's totally unlikeable. In the movie he at least communicated in a way that Sam didn't have to repeat every damned thing he said - and when I'm citing the movie, you KNOW something is bad. But the toy itself is also grade-f butt-jerky.

Really, $8? The post office guy said $30 was the cheapest way, that the length of the poster tube (31.5") was the reason, but I don't think I can fit the poster into anything shorter. Not sure of the weight, but I don't see an $8 option online.Here's what I got:
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10137&m=7&p=0&o=15&l=32&w=3&h=3&g=3&r=False#
(click the tab for "First-Class MailŪ International Options" if the page loads correctly which it should)

First-Class MailŪ International Parcel**
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"

This time I got $11.60 because I bumped up the length to that 32" you mentioned, weight I chose was 15 oz since posters don't weigh much and tubes don't weigh much, if it's over a pound it cannot ship first-class. Because the tube you're sending is 32", your max diameter of the tube cannot be more than 5" (keep in mind that they generally round up, so 31.5" is 32"), if it was larger than 5" in diameter then they couldn't send it International First Class, but 5" is pretty big for a poster tube, mine are 3" and hold a dozen canvas posters each.

The Indy exhibit took less than 2 hours to fully examine, and I was ogling all the props/costumes and taking pix, plus doing the guided tour and solving the puzzles. Felt about the same size as the SW exhibit, minus the awesome SW gift shop. If this show eventually makes it to L.A., I would go again.Sounds alright I guess, any longer might be too much, it's not coming here on this tour, but I don't know if I'll want to go way down in the OC for it.

Chaddymac
11-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Bumblebee wasn't terribly cool when he talked either, but yeah, TF Prime's Bumblebee beeps are the WORST, it's totally unlikeable. In the movie he at least communicated in a way that Sam didn't have to repeat every damned thing he said - and when I'm citing the movie, you KNOW something is bad. But the toy itself is also grade-f butt-jerky.

The FE version is the hotness. That's the sad thing...

JediTricks
11-29-2012, 03:03 PM
The FE version is the hotness. That's the sad thing...Really? I had only seen middling reviews before your comment, and FE BB was the only TFP FE figure that was available on HTS through to SDCC or so.

El Chuxter
11-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Bumblebee might not have been "terribly cool," but no one exactly hated him, either. He might not have been top of the list for most people, but everyone I know counted him among their top ten or so. (Which sounds unimpressive, but there were, what, about a hundred Transformers by the time the original movie came out, right?)

figrin bran
11-29-2012, 03:21 PM
For me, FE BB was almost as middling as RID Cliffjumper. I've not seen any of them with the FE deluxe re-release wave so it looks like he's not in the assortment. However, just wait until Beast Hunters hit stores, you'll see more BB pegwarmers.

JediTricks
11-29-2012, 04:18 PM
BB was never meant to be cool, only relatable, he hung out with Spike and was people-sized and not a great fighter or an important guy, just friendly and brave in a scout sort of way. AND A ROBOT. But now kids are jaded and just being a transforming robot somehow isn't GOOD ENOUGH according to the powers that be. And now he's unbearable.

RID Cliffjumper is pretty middling, but I also think FE Cliffjumper is pretty middling and just more fiddly. I've seen Zombie Cliff in the FE re-releases once, it made me shake my head. FE BB was not on Hasbro's slide at SDCC when these were announced, it was Vehicon, Arcee, Zombie Cliff, and Starscream for deluxe, Bulk and OP for Voyager.

Tycho
11-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Though I own the current trilogy on DVD, I have not had time to indulge.

But ROTF comes on FX when I'm checking my Sons of Anarchy recording, and I had to watch. It was a great movie!

I like Bumblebee and am glad I have several different action figures of him. I can understand why he's such a popular character. The real-life Camaro was fun to drive as well, and I did so for over a month when I had (the cyber-gray one) for a rental (a yellow car might be Sam, but not me).

I think the toy market is saturated with Bumblebee though.

But alas, he is like BATMAN in that you cannot have a BATMAN line without a Batman figure on the shelf for newbies to start with.

Such was the case for Darth Vader in Star Wars, but Maul, Grievous, Jango Fett, Clones, Droids etc. made this a whole richer line, plus while we really have enough Obi-Wans out there, Anakin has sold for the most part and any LUKE they put out there now would probably do OK if there were more tie-ins to that character. (Luke Skywalker is a character from the old 70's-80's Star Wars movies for those who don't know - sarcasm.)

The Transformers (Michael Bay) movies now need to promote other AUTOBOT characters in addition to the ever present (and necessary) Optimus Prime. They did great with some of the enemy bots such as Megatron and Starscream (of course) though Mercedes Soundwave should have seen a larger variety of sizes and the matching quantities released in the U.S. But Sentinal Prime (with Leonard Nimoy's backing) turned out to be a great character. They could still market the firetruck some more or go that direction with TFs Prime or whatever incarnation they are on now. (I don't like constant reboots so I have chosen G1 cartoons from my childhood and Michael Bay as my alternate universes for this franchise though I might one day pop-off and buy the Prime DVD sets and War For Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron sound interesting though I have little idea of what they are about - mostly on purpose from my part.)

Having killed off Ironhide (shocking as that was), I think either Michael Bay should develop SideSwipe so he can reference his experiences since coming to earth and give a new perspective on that from his unique movie-verse background as some kind of gladiator 'bot (possibly a decorated slave in a "oil-leaking" fight circuit) or go to Hot Rod, Kup, Springer, Arcee (as a car) and Blurr with Ultra Magnus and maybe Blaster and Wreck-Gar.

In the movie-verse, Megatron should now be left DEAD. And Optimus didn't even leave a CPU that could be salvaged for Galvatron, much less anything but the most infintisemal scraps. He made sure Megatron was dead this time. I think Starscream and Sentinal had the same fate. There might have been something BumbleBee left of Soundwave that slinked away as BumbleBee's main concern was saving Sam and seemed to think he'd killed Soundwave but good, though he didn't have time to stop and shred him as Prime did to Megatron (I mean very little pieces for any of you who did not go see the 3rd Transformers movie who's story took place in Chicago).

Galvatron could be a whole new character and there are other "Prime characters" that could have a dispute with Optimus. (And if Galvatron, I want Cyclonus and Scourge!)

But meanwhile, the Autobots? Well what about Hound? Mirage - could even be Dino's military callsign to fix that. And should "Que" live, they could call him Wheeljack and have him correct himself to match G1 colors. But I think Soundwave killed Que but for good.

Meanwhile, Sunstreaker, Tracks, Smokescreen, Streetwise, Groove, and HotSpot are available. With Jetfire making the turn to Autobot, the goodguys might have a way to pick up Springer, as well as Blades or Powerglide - who might be retconned to originally have been military, alligned with the Decepticons.

Lot's of possibilities.

Chaddymac
11-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Really? I had only seen middling reviews before your comment, and FE BB was the only TFP FE figure that was available on HTS through to SDCC or so.

I really liked him. And I really hated the RID version. I dunno - I guess I shouldn't be surprised if I was in the minority, but the NYCC version (along with Arcee) was the first Prime figure I owned and I was really impressed with the engineering. But the RID version is regurgitated monkey feces, so it has unsurprisingly rotted on pegs.

El Chuxter
11-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's an idea: since they reboot TF every three years or so, how about only keeping Megatron and Optimus Prime as constant major characters, and rotating the supporting cast. It's kind of a given that Starscream, Ratchet, Soundwave, and Bumblebee will always be around; as cool as those characters are, maybe it's time to give them a break.

Chaddymac
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
I agree with that. Could help flesh out some other characteristics, help to tell different types of stories. Mirage - the guy who can slip into any room unnoticed... but what about when he WANTS to be seen? Ironhide - touch exterior, but gooey inside he hides from only the closest to him. Sideswipe - a staunch, well-trained soldier with a personal arsenal a marine would be jealous of, but does he love the fight a little too much? Sunstreaker - Sideswipes vain, but skilled brother (in explosives?), captured by the enemy - though he's eventually rescued, how does he respond to having been left physically maimed and scarred by the experience?

Whoa - I just geeked out really fast on that. Sorry.

El Chuxter
11-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Or how about putting Huffer, Brawn, and Gears in the main character slots for a bit? Those three get no love at all.

Or one of the many "blank slate" characters? Many of the best characters in the comic book versions had very little to go on from the tech specs, and didn't appear in the show at all: Thunderwing, Bludgeon, Nightbeat, Swerve, Tailgate, etc....

Come to think of it, a show that sort of takes something similar to the RG1 or IDW-verse approach, with the war being technically over but some really bad 'Cons not knowing or accepting this, could be incredibly interesting. How about a new show where the continuity's Megatron dies in the first episode of the five-part intro, and the big baddies are some versions of Thunderwing, Bludgeon, Banzai-Tron, and other "mystical" Decepticons, perhaps trying to revive The Fallen or Unicron or something?

Chaddymac
11-29-2012, 11:15 PM
The version of that which could work is if you have a couple of the standards and some new blood. It's how Bulkhead got to be such a popular character.

Jango Speck
11-29-2012, 11:31 PM
JT- thanks for the help. Between Burbank USPS misquoting the price to me and the fact that I overlooked "other than rolls", now this is much more reasonable- but of course the guy on RS isn't responding to PMs, so this may have been in vain.

Are you sure the Indy show won't hit LA some day? THe SW show hit OC last fall, so maybe in 3-5 years we'll have Indy... If I had gone to the show without my daughter, I would have gotten through it much faster- but I enjoyed spending extra time solving the puzzles with her and explaining all the movie stuff, plus I was an Anthropology/Archaeology major in college, so I had addition interest in the non-Indy aspects of the exhibit. I still say though that the crappy gift shop offerings were extremely disappointing since the SW show had such a phenomenal offering, but this isn't a movie year and Indy toys have no draw to kids anymore, so I guess mugs and t-shirts are ok.

P.S. I was at Subway on Victory/Olive tonight and guess who shuffled in carrying a target bag, wearing a member's only jacket and a hilarious set of headphones atop a greasy mop of curly hair? Ding Ding Ding- it was the infamous "Headphones" guy. Sometimes I miss the hunt.

First-Class MailŪ International Parcel**
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"

This time I got $11.60 because I bumped up the length to that 32" you mentioned, weight I chose was 15 oz since posters don't weigh much and tubes don't weigh much, if it's over a pound it cannot ship first-class. Because the tube you're sending is 32", your max diameter of the tube cannot be more than 5" (keep in mind that they generally round up, so 31.5" is 32"), if it was larger than 5" in diameter then they couldn't send it International First Class, but 5" is pretty big for a poster tube, mine are 3" and hold a dozen canvas posters each.

Tycho
11-30-2012, 02:47 AM
ChaddyMac and Chux. I like some of your ideas.

I think Hound is a great Autobot candidate, as well as Ultra Magnus, Kup, and Hot Rod.

Ditto on what was posted about Mirage and Sunstreaker / Sideswipe.

I also think that maybe it's time that Hasbro allows all-new characters to be created that were never in the cannon before.

NewbieAtron ;)

Nuevebot ;)

UniquaScream ;)

- I'm just making up bad names, if only to illustrate that if you wrote them being really cool, no cannon of any incarnation would be violated, and awesome stories could be written for these guys.

Keep Optimus, BumbleBee, Ratchet, and SideSwipe alive in the background. Maybe send The Wreckers out under Ultra Magnus' command for some kind of special mission and just focus on them for a while.

The Wreckers could invite the Stunticons in and have a call for Menasor.

- Constructicons are done and the Combaticons? Well a tank (sometimes) named Brawl, and a military chopper have appeared. While Swindle could come into it, you'd have to make Blast-Off something smaller than a space shuttle for the realisitc comparative scales of the bots.

And while Alice was cool (if only because I liked staring at Isabel Lucas' @zz) animal-bots (Dinobots, or beat warriors) make little sense except for non-cannon beasts that actually look like zoo animals and are the same size as the real creatures - pretenders like Alice pretended to be human.

Unicron remains a good possibility of course.

figrin bran
11-30-2012, 06:02 PM
TDKR Movie Masters Ra's Al Ghul is stashed at Glendale Target if anyone still needs one. PM for details.

I saw Power Dive at Los Feliz TRU but I've spent so much on TF's lately, it didn't feel like a must buy to me.

Maradona
11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
TDKR Movie Masters Ra's Al Ghul is stashed at Glendale Target if anyone still needs one. PM for details.

I saw Power Dive at Los Feliz TRU but I've spent so much on TF's lately, it didn't feel like a must buy to me.

I gave up on Commissioner Gordon, but still have hope for a completed and, hopefully, worthwhile Bat-signal. I'm only missing Alfred to complete it.

figrin bran
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Anyone looking for TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus and Thundertron? I just saw 2 of each at a Target. PM for details.

Maradona, I've only seen MM Alfred twice and that was before TDKR was in theaters.

El Chuxter
12-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Beaumont WM got in... the 3D wave. :suspicion: Given how poorly the section is usually stocked, I'm guessing they've been in the back for months. (There were some put out in February, or whenever they came out.) I would've been tempted by the astromech and Droideka, but the long gap in figures has made it easier to pass on overpriced $10 figures. I considered Aurra Sing, since she was highly recommended, but passed. She's so minor, there's no point in dropping ten bucks on a version with more joints.

They did have one Kithaba, though. Note the use of past tense there. :D

bikerscout
12-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Having a TF conversation without me??!! No!!

Tycho, ROTF was downright terrible - and I am the biggest TF fan. Rushed, too long, poor story, the list goes on. The only thing fairly decent was the forest fight --and if anything saved the film from being absolutely unbearable -it was ILM's bangup CGI job. Anyway, I could rant forever about how Bay raped & ruined TFs just for the sake of $, but I won't. Bottom line -it could've been done in a way to please new fans & old, even critics, & make money. (a la Nolan's Batman trilogy). Rushing 3 large fx laden movies in 5 yrs. is not the way to do it- even though it could be done, doesn't mean it should have. Paramount is putting time and care into Star Trek -as they should - and they're even delaying GI Joe to make sure it doesn't fall on its face. They really didn't give a flying rat's *&%& about TFs & it upsets me that Bay is doing the 4th movie. Time for a new director. Ok, sorry, i lied -minirant -my anger got the best of me.

As far as new characters - i'd like to see the rest of the seekers - Thundercracker, Skywarp, and maybe even Thrust, dirge and ramjet. Starscream had no armada at all in the movies --lame. 3 movies with heavy military involvement and no Hound???! Give me a &*(^%&*( break! I don't care if he's a Jeep -needs to be in there. Brawn, powerglide, gears, perceptor, Reflector, bluestreak, smokescreen, prowl, trailbreaker, and Tracks would be welcome additions for sure. If they go S3 characters, of course I'd like Hot rod, Galvatron, scourge, cyclonus, Unicron, and Springer & kup. There are a lot of possibilities but there are also a lot of ways they can screw it up. I'm sure it will be the latter until they find a new director, production company and studio. Shame on Hasbro for not letting the essence of why we loved G1 show in the movies. The essence of G1 -- not a 9 hour music video with explosions. Lol

JediTricks
12-04-2012, 02:35 PM
JT- thanks for the help. Between Burbank USPS misquoting the price to me and the fact that I overlooked "other than rolls", now this is much more reasonable- but of course the guy on RS isn't responding to PMs, so this may have been in vain.Sure thing, navigating those sorts of websites is my gin & juice ;). That's frustrating about the guy not getting back to you though.

Are you sure the Indy show won't hit LA some day? THe SW show hit OC last fall, so maybe in 3-5 years we'll have Indy... If I had gone to the show without my daughter, I would have gotten through it much faster- but I enjoyed spending extra time solving the puzzles with her and explaining all the movie stuff, plus I was an Anthropology/Archaeology major in college, so I had addition interest in the non-Indy aspects of the exhibit. I still say though that the crappy gift shop offerings were extremely disappointing since the SW show had such a phenomenal offering, but this isn't a movie year and Indy toys have no draw to kids anymore, so I guess mugs and t-shirts are ok.The Indy show website is saying the current run ends at the Discovery Science Center in April, so for this run anyway this will be it. Perhaps you're right and the Indy show will get another run in a few years that will come here, but I can only speak in terms of what is knowable. I'm frustrated that the youngest member of my family just turned 15 and wouldn't be remotely interested in doing the show the way you and your daughter did, that sounds way better.

As for the gift shop, Indiana Jones doesn't have enough interest to generate a lot of licensed merchandise except through Disney Parks brands, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't have much to offer compared to Star Wars which is the top licensed brand of all time now. I did buy a Master Replicas scaled Stormtrooper blaster when I went to the SW event, yet I doubt I'd buy anything Indy like that.

P.S. I was at Subway on Victory/Olive tonight and guess who shuffled in carrying a target bag, wearing a member's only jacket and a hilarious set of headphones atop a greasy mop of curly hair? Ding Ding Ding- it was the infamous "Headphones" guy. Sometimes I miss the hunt.Ha! Too funny. It's not worth missing though.

Beaumont WM got in... the 3D wave. :suspicion: Given how poorly the section is usually stocked, I'm guessing they've been in the back for months. (There were some put out in February, or whenever they came out.) I would've been tempted by the astromech and Droideka, but the long gap in figures has made it easier to pass on overpriced $10 figures. I considered Aurra Sing, since she was highly recommended, but passed. She's so minor, there's no point in dropping ten bucks on a version with more joints.

They did have one Kithaba, though. Note the use of past tense there. :DThe actual 3D wave? That's wild, my WM still has trashed versions they got in February, but none since. I never found that Ric Olie, and am surprised to hear there's a slim chance I might someday.

Having a TF conversation without me??!! No!!

Tycho, ROTF was downright terrible - and I am the biggest TF fan. Rushed, too long, poor story, the list goes on. The only thing fairly decent was the forest fight --and if anything saved the film from being absolutely unbearable -it was ILM's bangup CGI job. Anyway, I could rant forever about how Bay raped & ruined TFs just for the sake of $, but I won't. Bottom line -it could've been done in a way to please new fans & old, even critics, & make money. (a la Nolan's Batman trilogy). Rushing 3 large fx laden movies in 5 yrs. is not the way to do it- even though it could be done, doesn't mean it should have. Paramount is putting time and care into Star Trek -as they should - and they're even delaying GI Joe to make sure it doesn't fall on its face. They really didn't give a flying rat's *&%& about TFs & it upsets me that Bay is doing the 4th movie. Time for a new director. Ok, sorry, i lied -minirant -my anger got the best of me.And you're the guy trying to convince me to watch it on Netflix?!? :p

Paramount is putting what and what into Star Trek? Unless "time and care" are codewords for "buckets of cash and no actual concern for quality", I think you're nuts on that one. ;)

mtriv73
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
The actual 3D wave? That's wild, my WM still has trashed versions they got in February, but none since. I never found that Ric Olie, and am surprised to hear there's a slim chance I might someday.

The last time I checked, the WM near me was still pegs deep in Ric Olie figures. If you really want one, PM me and I can pick it up and mail it off to you.

JediTricks
12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
The last time I checked, the WM near me was still pegs deep in Ric Olie figures. If you really want one, PM me and I can pick it up and mail it off to you.
I appreciate the offer. I'll have to think about it for a few weeks until I get paid. Right now I can barely figure out how I can justify $10 for Ric Olie at all, let alone $4 or whatever for shipping.

El Chuxter
12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Yup. Like I said, I think they've been in the back for a while. I could probably get you Ric Olie as well, but be warned: he will charm the plastic panties off all your lady figures. He's just that smooth. :beard:

(Ric was one of only three figures from this wave that I bothered getting. I would've gotten the pilot, too, but he's the same mold with a less awesome head. As in "any head." Because this is Ric we're talking about.)

Been finding a lot of the "lost" 2010 GIJoes in IE Walgreens. Scored Cobra Commander (not the Renegades one, the cool update of the classic version) and Jungle BAT in Beaumont, and Hawk in Yucaipa. Banning was freshly-stocked today with Blowtorch (who I'm passing on; I got the first one), Hawk, and two Cobra Commanders.

You realize of course, now that I'm finding these for $11, they'll be at Ross in a week. :D

Maradona
12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Yup. Like I said, I think they've been in the back for a while. I could probably get you Ric Olie as well, but be warned: he will charm the plastic panties off all your lady figures. He's just that smooth. :beard:

(Ric was one of only three figures from this wave that I bothered getting. I would've gotten the pilot, too, but he's the same mold with a less awesome head. As in "any head." Because this is Ric we're talking about.)

Been finding a lot of the "lost" 2010 GIJoes in IE Walgreens. Scored Cobra Commander (not the Renegades one, the cool update of the classic version) and Jungle BAT in Beaumont, and Hawk in Yucaipa. Banning was freshly-stocked today with Blowtorch (who I'm passing on; I got the first one), Hawk, and two Cobra Commanders.

You realize of course, now that I'm finding these for $11, they'll be at Ross in a week. :D

I read somewhere that there is a $4 off coupon for Walgreens Joes. If moneybags Destro shows up, please sequester as many as you find.

Tycho
12-04-2012, 10:15 PM
As for the gift shop, Indiana Jones doesn't have enough interest to generate a lot of licensed merchandise except through Disney Parks brands, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't have much to offer compared to Star Wars which is the top licensed brand of all time now. I did buy a Master Replicas scaled Stormtrooper blaster when I went to the SW event, yet I doubt I'd buy anything Indy like that.

I loved what Hasbro made for Indy. I think you own a lot of that stuff, JT. I still would love to see what a diorama of Indy on horseback after the truck carrivan (borrowing the motorcycle from Last Crusade to add to it) would look like.

I cannot really afford to collect the Indiana Jones stuff I'd want to.

and 2nd: if I could afford it, I don't really have the room to display it, which (opening up the stuff) is the only reason I'd buy it. [collect is the wrong word to have used here].

But I barely get to do anything with the SW stuff I own and bought to make dioramas because my writing takes up all of my home time and doing anything like "normal people" do by way of organizing is just to normal (boring) for me to be bothered with. Probably for the best, what I can create myself, has become more fascinating than what Hasbro can create, though I fully support them and continue buying in the event that one day I will take a break from my writing (but I want a best-seller first!)

I'm sure that one day at Comic Con or a scalper-meet (or e-Bay) I can find the Jones stuff and make my diorama scene if I really find the time and space to do so.

But I would really admire pictures of that stuff set up!

Paramount is putting what and what into Star Trek? Unless "time and care" are codewords for "buckets of cash and no actual concern for quality", I think you're nuts on that one. ;)

Here's what's important for the new Star Trek:

1) WRITING - it has to be a compelling story. I've already read spoilers (won't post them here) about what this new film will be about. I think it's kind of a boring choice if you ask me. At least the TOS episode the idea spawned from wasn't particularly awesome (though it wasn't bad, but sort of interesting actually). Still I would not have chosen this idea myself. It may work well though. That remains to be seen.

2) Exceitement level - I hope there are great excuses for lots of violent content. This appeals to me. As do explosions. Referring to (1) above - if there is good writing there will be good excuses for excitement by my definition.

3) Good acting - no where is there room for casting Keanau Reeves or Miss South Carolina (from "The Iraq" a few years ago). The regular cast has been great though and I hope they keep returning for more movies as a crew (Pine, Quinto, Urban, Saldona, "Harold," Yeltzin, and Sean of the Dead. They could cast Gilbert Godfrey as another member of the Q Continuum though. This would be excellent. If Godfrey doesn't make Star Trek, he should play a Gungan in one of the new Star Wars movies.

Hey, here's a thought: what if Michael Bay made a movie where there was an explosion and it blew up Gilbert Godfrey?!

Anyway, (4) - special effects. It is least important to me as you can see here. You can tell a compelling story with a flip pad and sketched on stick-figures.But it helps when the Star Trek universe looks cool, too.

El Chuxter
12-04-2012, 10:27 PM
what if Michael Bay made a movie where there was an explosion and it blew up Gilbert Godfrey?!
Killing Gilbert Gottfried would be the only thing that would make him suck more.

It's like Robert Rodriguez, and how, even though he's an amazing director, he's got a special spot reserved in Hell for killing Steve Buscemi and Cheech Marin in the same movie.

bikerscout
12-05-2012, 04:50 AM
And you're the guy trying to convince me to watch it on Netflix?!? :p

I say that because they are waiting 4 yrs to release the next movie & not rushing the s%^t out of it as they did with TF. The 2009 Star Trek was a decent movie all around. I don't know what your hangups are about it, but at the very least I give A to B+ range. When the "Into Darkness" trailer comes out this week - much anticipation will begin.
The "buckets of cash w/o concern for quality" method was used for the TF movies dude.

Chaddymac
12-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I say that because they are waiting 4 yrs to release the next movie & not rushing the s%^t out of it as they did with TF. The 2009 Star Trek was a decent movie all around. I don't know what your hangups are about it, but at the very least I give A to B+ range. When the "Into Darkness" trailer comes out this week - much anticipation will begin.
The "buckets of cash w/o concern for quality" method was used for the TF movies dude.
And GI JOE. Not sure what you're seeing that makes you think that franchise isn't being treated poorly...

El Chuxter
12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
No kidding. They killed two excellent cartoons AND two excellent toy lines to focus on one crap movie and one movie that was delayed by almost a year and we hope isn't crap but know, deep down, that it is.

Resolute and Renegades didn't even get their own damned toy lines, but were shoehorned into the 25th Anniversary and 30th Anniversary lines.

Chaddymac
12-05-2012, 12:43 PM
No kidding. They killed two excellent cartoons AND two excellent toy lines to focus on one crap movie and one movie that was delayed by almost a year and we hope isn't crap but know, deep down, that it is.

Resolute and Renegades didn't even get their own damned toy lines, but were shoehorned into the 25th Anniversary and 30th Anniversary lines.

The reason it was delayed was because they originally killed off Duke, but testing revealed that it was a stupid thing to do, and then Channing Tatum blew up. So they re-wrote and re-shot to keep Duke in the movie. They've been trying to kill Duke since 1986 and just can't pull it off...

El Chuxter
12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Even the SAW Viper couldn't do it. I think most people would agree that I would've rather seen Duke killed than Breaker or Quick Kick.

Then again, his showdown with the SAW Viper afterward is an incredible display of what makes the Joes different from the Cobras (and stupid IDW mistakenly omitted that page from the trade paperback).

JediTricks
12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
TRU La Cienega had bupkis, unless you like piles of the lost line look Jar Jar and ROTS red Clone shocktrooper.

I loved what Hasbro made for Indy. I think you own a lot of that stuff, JT. I still would love to see what a diorama of Indy on horseback after the truck carrivan (borrowing the motorcycle from Last Crusade to add to it) would look like.I don't have that much of the recent Hasbro line compared to what was released. I have a few Indy figures, Indy on horse, the ark truck, 6 or so of the soldiers, the LC motorcycle, Henry Jones, and I think that's about it. I also have the Sideshow 12" Indy which IMO is the best of the 1:6 lot. And a few of the Disneyland mini-vehicles and the 6" figure, felt hat.

The "buckets of cash w/o concern for quality" method was used for the TF movies dude.I thought that Fake Trek movie was horrible, even avoiding the film spitting in the face of Trek, it was a big noisy mess, the acting was atrociously overblown, the script was dumb as a bag of rocks, the action was at times indecipherable, and the lead characters were jerks whose actions made no sense at all; and don't forget it outright steals from Star Wars. Sets say nothing about anything, no thought whatsoever, just trying actively to look modern and different. It was a big, dumb, forgettable summer action flick.

I don't think they waited at all for this new one, they started on it right away, they're just taking more time because they have to, because JJ Abrams is shooting a sci-fi film that takes place in an entirely different environment (and a brewery), if Paramount could hurry him up any more they surely would have.

The official blurb for this new one is awful - once again the fleet is overwhelmed and they come back to Earth to fight an inside guy. The poster is a clear ripoff of Dark Knight and Rises.

And GI JOE. Not sure what you're seeing that makes you think that franchise isn't being treated poorly...No kidding, but that's partly on Hasbro's shoulders.

bikerscout
12-06-2012, 05:38 AM
GI joe - less mistreated than TF, but Paramount is slowly getting there. Overall, I think GI Joe 2 will be better than ROTF. I enjoyed the first Joe movie much more than ROTF and was upset that it was handled better than TF as a whole imo.
Its a matter of opinion on the Trek '09 movie, but I liked it better than other previous Trek movies. Ripoff of SW? Not with the time travel aspect. I really don't see any direct SW ripoffs JT.

Believe me, Paramount is taking their time with Star Trek 2 --it's one of their prized properties. It won't be a throw-away Hasbro movie

Maradona
12-06-2012, 08:17 AM
GI joe - less mistreated than TF, but Paramount is slowly getting there. Overall, I think GI Joe 2 will be better than ROTF. I enjoyed the first Joe movie much more than ROTF and was upset that it was handled better than TF as a whole imo.
Its a matter of opinion on the Trek '09 movie, but I liked it better than other previous Trek movies. Ripoff of SW? Not with the time travel aspect. I really don't see any direct SW ripoffs JT.

Believe me, Paramount is taking their time with Star Trek 2 --it's one of their prized properties. It won't be a throw-away Hasbro movie

The new trailers for Star Trek Into Darkness:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59897

I liked watching them.

JediTricks
12-06-2012, 02:24 PM

Believe me, Paramount is taking their time with Star Trek 2 --it's one of their prized properties. It won't be a throw-away Hasbro movieGI Joe is only less mistreaded than TF because the brand is currently in a period of less exposure, it's got nowhere to fall at this point. I had hopes for GI Joe 2 despite the director's limp resume because he actually put real GI Joe vehicles into the film, but then the movie gets shelved and they cast Bruce Willis as General GI Joe himself.

Tell me what any New Coke Trek characters' motivations were. What's Spock's motivation for condemning cadet Kirk to death? What's Kirk's motivation for working to change the test and then blatantly show off that he's cheating? What's the villain's motivation for... ANYTHING???

Not a ripoff of SW? Villain has a planet-killing spaceship, destroys one of the heroes' home planets before finale of villain's spaceship hunting down heroes' home base. Hero is downtrodden farmboy with no hope of going anywhere and then magically given a leg up by a wise older important man who just happened to know hero's father and of father's death, and keeps coming back to give sage advice to the brash hero. There's the whole Hoth planet aspect. Sulu's switchbladed molucule sword is a total wannabe lightsaber. All the other good guy ships are destroyed except Kirk's. Kirk saves the day by ignoring the plan and instead following the force of his instincts because his father had good and noble instincts. The movie ends on a big medal ceremony.

The new trailers for Star Trek Into Darkness:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59897

I liked watching them.
Well, that was Bane-tastic.

El Chuxter
12-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Anyone seen the TRU Hot Spot? I've found everyone else I wanted (and hate that they're TRU exclusives, since that Megatron is such a shelfwarmer I could get him for $5 at the end of the month if he were at any other store), but no sign of him.

JediTricks
12-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Anyone seen the TRU Hot Spot? I've found everyone else I wanted (and hate that they're TRU exclusives, since that Megatron is such a shelfwarmer I could get him for $5 at the end of the month if he were at any other store), but no sign of him.Not in a while, I saw it the first time I saw voyager Megatron, so it's been months.

Maradona
12-08-2012, 01:30 AM
HUGE thanks to Figrin Bran for the MM Alfred tip. Order was placed and should be here in a week. The Bat Signal will be complete...

Tycho
12-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I found 3 Voyager Ultra Magnuses at a WalMart in a lower income area. It was appropriate for me since with my creative projects costing me a fortune, I am lower income. However, they wanted $32 for a Voyager figure.

I took a good look and might pull the trigger later, but for right now I left him.

I think I CAN use an Ultra Magnus Voyager, but I'm not sure about putting a Prime figure with Generations / Classics figures (Springer Voy) Rodimus (Del).

For me, the above grouping would also require the NOT MADE Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge Voyagers, but that Masterpiece Grimlock (I never bought) might work with the scale for this crowd. Still, I could wait for some kind of Generations / Classics Magnus and I did pay someting like $80-90 for the Titanium (transforming) one and I could just wait until I had $100 for Transformers again, and buy another Titanium.

figrin bran
12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
HUGE thanks to Figrin Bran for the MM Alfred tip. Order was placed and should be here in a week. The Bat Signal will be complete...

Glad I could help! The one downside of that Bat Signal is that it shuts itself off after about 15 seconds.

Chux, I saw (and bought) Hot Spot only once. And that was on Black Friday too.

Tycho, TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus is 21.99 at Target, 26.99 at TRU so I'm not sure why it should be 32 at WM? I think he looks great with Springer and Rodimus and TF Animated Arcee. I can take a photo of that group when I open up my Springer. And if we're talking about the same Titanium Magnus, that along with Titanium Soundwave are the worst transformers that I own.

Chaddymac
12-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Hot Spot in stock online: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13021878

Glad I could help! The one downside of that Bat Signal is that it shuts itself off after about 15 seconds.

Chux, I saw (and bought) Hot Spot only once. And that was on Black Friday too.

Tycho, TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus is 21.99 at Target, 26.99 at TRU so I'm not sure why it should be 32 at WM? I think he looks great with Springer and Rodimus and TF Animated Arcee. I can take a photo of that group when I open up my Springer. And if we're talking about the same Titanium Magnus, that along with Titanium Soundwave are the worst transformers that I own.

JediTricks
12-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Burbank Target had the Class I Fleet Republic Attack Dropship last night, I bought it. It's not terrible, but it's so small that it's essentially a coffin for the pilot inside, in flat flight configuration he's lying on his back looking straight up. The drop-backpacks are well-armed and split apart so the non-included figures could just walk away from each other and start shooting. Everything has a decent sculpt, and the vehicle overall cribs its looks from the Republic Gunship. So it's alright but not great, not something collectors should work hard to hunt down, it's just a little support vehicle.

Maradona
12-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Amazon has several TVC figures from the final wave listed as $3.25 "Add-Ons." I picked up a few Naboo Pilots and Gungan Warriors.

JediTricks
12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Target Culver City had all SW figures on sale for $6.99 down from $11. O_o I had a couple Clone Wars phase 2 clones in my cart but long lines changed my mind for me.

Amazon currently has all 5 TF FOC Combaticons for $12 and are Prime-shippable, but the search is wonky, "Transformers Generation" plus the name, and they won't come up pluralizing the name.
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A0176-Generation-Blast-off/dp/B0085WX3IQ/ref=sr_1_7?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355705450&sr=1-7&keywords=transformers+generation
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A0174-Generation-Vortex/dp/B0085WX40I/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355705513&sr=1-1&keywords=transformers+generation+vortex
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A0175-Generation-Deception-Brawl/dp/B0085WX3HW/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355705493&sr=1-1&keywords=transformers+generation+brawl
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A0173-Generation-Swindle/dp/B0085WX4BC/ref=sr_1_11?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355705450&sr=1-11&keywords=transformers+generation
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A0172-Generation-Onslaught/dp/B0085WX42G/ref=sr_1_17?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355705450&sr=1-17&keywords=transformers+generation

Amazon has several TVC figures from the final wave listed as $3.25 "Add-Ons." I picked up a few Naboo Pilots and Gungan Warriors.Thanks for the 411. I got one of each of those plus an Aurra Sing, Mawhonic, and Weequay for a little more (plus TF Generations Blast Off for $12). Weequay was $7.03 when I put him in my cart, but by the time I checked out he had dropped to $4.93 and "add-on" status from regular Prime, as did Nien Nunb (whom I almost also bought but couldn't think of a second need for). That's CRAZY! These figures just came out!

El Chuxter
12-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Didn't realize that $6.99 sale included Vintage (since they normally seem to be exempt from sales). Maybe they'll clear out the Qui-Gons around here.

I love the guy and think he's one of the few true redeeming features of the PT (despite being totally unnecessary), but, damn, does the man know how to pegwarm.

Jango Speck
12-17-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm still making donations of parts of my collection, except that this year, 1/2 are going to my daughter who has suddenly gone crazy for Star Wars, but the other 1/2 are being dropped off at various locations. Looks like Starbucks' stores have toy drop-off boxes now, which makes this super convenient (instead of hunting down Toys For Toys locations).

I encourage you all to part with things that aren't worth trying to sell online- it's a major weight off your back and the kids will love them, even if it's POTF He-Man Luke.

Happy Holidays everybody.

Maradona
12-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Walmart.com has the Avengers and Star Wars 8-packs for $15. That is a ridiculously low price for eight figures.

JediTricks
12-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Nuthin' good at WM Crenshaw or Target CC yesterday.

Didn't realize that $6.99 sale included Vintage (since they normally seem to be exempt from sales). Maybe they'll clear out the Qui-Gons around here.

I love the guy and think he's one of the few true redeeming features of the PT (despite being totally unnecessary), but, damn, does the man know how to pegwarm.So far, he's continued to pegwarm at my Target.

Walmart.com has the Avengers and Star Wars 8-packs for $15. That is a ridiculously low price for eight figures.I was hoping WM would have them in-store for that price so I could make a late Toys for Tots donation. They only had one pack left and it had 2 figures stolen from it, and then they were $25 so I had to pass since I'm pretty broke right now.

Tycho
12-18-2012, 09:19 PM
I got deluxe vehicon and voyager Ultra Magnus and Cyberverse Mirage at Target.

bikerscout
12-23-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm way late with all of this but I wanted to give a shout out to Chaddymac for holding the TF/voltron conference at his place. I saw just how awesome the Matty collector club exclusive Voltron is along with chinese Wheelie, Hercules(?) Devastor, MP Lambor, igear Ironhide, and last but not least, the pinnacle -MP-10 Optimus Prime. Hope i didn't forget anybody. I also learned that Hook is not the brightest crayon in the box :laugh:

About a week and a half ago, I found a tvc Aayla at Los feliz TRU. The only one. I had a $10 giftcard and bought her. Just paid tax. I ordered her online earlier this yr. so this one will be a gift for someone.

Wow - no one found any good TVC with the target sale last week??? Is it still goin on by chance??

Tycho
12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Bikerscout has some cool news and a question above which I can't help him with, but I wanted to report my finds.

Meanwhile, I think it's always cool when the SSGr gang gets together in person and enjoys each others "collective" company.

Next, I found most of the Combaticons at Wal-Mart: 2 Swindle, 1 Vortex, and 1 BlastOff, and 1 Onslaught (he's not the center commander any more, but Brawl is?!?) Guess his movie star promotion helped and Michael Bay got him a promotion for playing "Devastator."

Anyway, I did not purchase these, and I wasn't too impressed with them either. Except...wait for it...Blast Off looks pretty cool. I might have to purchase him singularly. It's a better-than-decent sculpt and alt mode as well.

Scale-wise, I think he'd make a great Astrotrain stand-in next to Cyberverse Legions and Commanders.

Maradona
12-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I still haven't gotten around to opening the new Voltron. I've accumulated the lions all year and have yet to remove them from the packaging. I'm glad they look cool and look forward to them attacking Castle Grayskull (another super huge Mattel toy on its way) next winter.

I didn't get any TVC from the sale. Couldn't find any pieces I wanted. Hope all are well.

JediTricks
12-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Target sale is not still on, saw the $11.29 tags at my Target last night. They did finally move the Qui-Gon, NRG, Obi-Wan, Daulty Dofine, and Battle Droid TVC figures that had been punishing those shelves though thanks to the sale. I didn't pick up any TVC, only a pair of Clone Wars Phase II Clones for my Dropship.

Anyway, happy Christmas to all the SoCal gang!

JediTricks
12-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Found a Class I Fleet MTT Droid Fighter at TRU La Cienega today, they wanted $23.99 so I said FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGETABOUDIT! ;) It's a really simple-looking thing with that horrible '12 Naboo Battle Pack Obi-Wan figure and a pilot Battle Droid that I think was like the 5-point-articulated droids from the MTT. $4 over the already tremendously-bloated $20 pricetag is nuts, that's 20% over the MSRP. I stashed it in the laziest way possible, behind a roleplay Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster on the middle shelf off to the left. Since none of its case-mates were there, I suppose that means some sucker is actually willing to pay that much.

TRU La Cienega also had several of the Nerf N-Strike Elite Triad EX-3, the $8 Elite 3-shot that's a big brother to the Jolt. I bought the Triad, it's a cool gun, three barrels but they fire one at a time and know when they're loaded and when they're not. I'll talk more about it in the Nerf gun thread.

TRU Culver City had that same lonely Dr Evazan and Quinlan Vos. Also a dlx First Edition Starscream that Bikerscout was asking about.

figrin bran
12-29-2012, 01:49 PM
I stashed FOC Starscream and Air Raid at a local TRU. PM me for details.

JediTricks
12-31-2012, 03:19 PM
I stashed FOC Starscream and Air Raid at a local TRU. PM me for details.If it wasn't so far, I would have totally have taken that up, I saw the post just as I got back from that area too.

figrin bran
12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
If it wasn't so far, I would have totally have taken that up, I saw the post just as I got back from that area too.

No one claimed the stash so if you're in the area again, just lmk.

I finally found the Ewok scouts at Burbank Kmart this past Saturday. That's 2 months after I found the AT-ST drivers. Better late than never!

Happy 2013 everyone!

JediTricks
12-31-2012, 06:43 PM
No one claimed the stash so if you're in the area again, just lmk.

I finally found the Ewok scouts at Burbank Kmart this past Saturday. That's 2 months after I found the AT-ST drivers. Better late than never!

Happy 2013 everyone!Thanks dude, I'll send you a PM.

And yeah, Happy New Year to all the gang!!!

Speaking of which, let's start a new stash conversation, what are folks looking for that we might be able to stash for ya?

Me:
Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead
TVC Imperial Navy Commander (shyeah, right)
(I think that's it right now)

figrin bran
12-31-2012, 07:42 PM
PM replied to, JT.

About 2 weeks ago, I saw 3 cases of FE Voyagers. If only you had asked for a stash back then! ;)

Maradona
01-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Happy 2013 to all!

I just saw that at least one Southern California Walmart has stocked Masters of the Universe Classics figures (Roboto and Gygor, both a couple of years old). I'm curious to see if these or any other MOTUC figures pop up elsewhere in the area. For those that don't know, MOTUC is an direct from Mattel to collector line sold through their website and to subscribers. Apart from the DCUC vs MOTUC TRU exclusive two-packs, this is the first retail offering of this line, although it really just is leftover stock that Mattel dumped cheaply to WM.

figrin bran
01-01-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't have Roboto or Gygor and wouldn't mind adding them to my shelves.

Those two were never reissued on Matty so it's really odd that there could have been that much leftover stock.

Maradona
01-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Figrin: PM sent.

JediTricks
01-02-2013, 04:45 PM
PM replied to, JT.

About 2 weeks ago, I saw 3 cases of FE Voyagers. If only you had asked for a stash back then! ;)Come to think of it, 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to afford it comfortably so it's probably for the best I didn't know. :p

bikerscout
01-03-2013, 10:36 AM
JT -- pm sent.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but since I got a loose incomplete one as a gift - I'm lookin for a loose Darth Malak lightsaber hilt. Plmk. Thanks!

bikerscout
01-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Hilt pending. Thanks to a good friend & collector i know

Tycho
01-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I'd actually want a Malak figure now (when in 2007 I didn't buy him when I had the chance) to "customize him" by putting on a new head to resemble him before he was wounded in the Mandalorian Wars. I guess it wouldn't really ruin the figure if I used a head that fit the peg.

But making him as the Jedi Alek would be awesome - to go with Jarael and Rohlan's figures, a Snaggletoothe, Hammerhead, and in anticipation of Zayne Carrick getting out there somehow. I think Hasbro confirmed Carrick or he is on their shortlist for EU.

He's not too expensive on eBay though. Revan on the other hand - which fortunately I have no desire for anyway (yet).

Having Revan without a mask, and long dark hair to go with Bastilla Shan and HK-47 would be cool though. Doubt Hasbro will ever make Revan like this though.

Anyway, KOTOR's not my favorite thing in SW, but recently re-reading the comics got me into it - especially Zayne Carrick's crew.

JediTricks
01-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Glad you got a hilt coming your way.

TRU CC had 2 hidden Speeder Bikes yesterday, but not hidden well-enough to keep them out of my hot little bogo 50% off hands. :p Also had 1 each of the new deluxe Transformers Prime Beast Hunters figures on their new tiny cards.

Target CC had nothing of merit.

bikerscout
01-04-2013, 10:55 PM
I'd actually want a Malak figure now (when in 2007 I didn't buy him when I had the chance) to "customize him" by putting on a new head to resemble him before he was wounded in the Mandalorian Wars. I guess it wouldn't really ruin the figure if I used a head that fit the peg.

Just as a note - Malak's head is pretty difficult to take off. In fact, I couldn't do it and didn't want to run the risk of breaking it permanently.

I'm buying a small group of loose figs from my friend & he is throwin the hilt in. Somehow he had an extra. To my delight

Tycho
01-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks Bikerscout. I appreciate the fore-notice.

I have not yet tried to bid on a Malak yet and don't see that happening for the foreseeable near future, but yeah, I am a fan of the KOTOR comics and never really played the game.

Is KOTOR a PC game, not fast-action shooter for a counsel platform? Maybe I'd be interested. (I like fast-action shooters but love the LEGO Star Wars games for that and am not really a gamer, other than video baseball).

bikerscout
01-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks Bikerscout. I appreciate the fore-notice.

I have not yet tried to bid on a Malak yet and don't see that happening for the foreseeable near future, but yeah, I am a fan of the KOTOR comics and never really played the game.

Is KOTOR a PC game, not fast-action shooter for a counsel platform? Maybe I'd be interested. (I like fast-action shooters but love the LEGO Star Wars games for that and am not really a gamer, other than video baseball).

KOTOR is an RPG. It was on Xbox. Not sure if it was exclusive or if it was on PS2 as well. I think it was available on PC too. Made by the same people who do Mass Effect.

In other news, since I was closeby I went to TRU today to see what they had. They had some of the new wave FOC deluxe -Starscream and Sideswipe. Another collector grabbed them before I could stash. Talked to this guy for at least 10 min. Nice that he wasn't a scalper. This store also had speeder bikes and I couldn't resist (told myself I wasn't going to give in!!) the BOGO50. Grabbed a pair. Now I have 4 sets and I'm stopping at that. As Chaddymac told me, these will probably be repainted and/or re-released. Probably with new sculpts of Luke & Leia. I paid an average of $17 for each bike, tax included, so that's not too bad I guess. Haha -Maradona's BOGO75 coupon was a winner upon the initial release :joyous:

JediTricks
01-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Just as a note - Malak's head is pretty difficult to take off. In fact, I couldn't do it and didn't want to run the risk of breaking it permanently.

I'm buying a small group of loose figs from my friend & he is throwin the hilt in. Somehow he had an extra. To my delightThat's great that you're able to get it that way, very cool.

Malak's head is a swivel, I don't think it came off, the jaw piece just pulled off from the front.

Tycho
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Thanks JT. if the swivel is the same as the T plug then you boil water and pop it off.

JediTricks
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
That works for limbs, but I wouldn't suggest it for a head where the peg is thicker and the flange is flat rather than tapered.

Tycho
01-09-2013, 02:16 AM
It works. I've done it.

But you have to super-heat another head with a t-plug and maybe dremol-sand the plug down a little to get the new head on.

Actually, Talon Karrde's head could work very well for how Drew Karpsyshen described Revan unmasked.

Tycho
01-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Oh, as an update on what I've found,

a Wal-Mart in a lower-income area I visited for political work had carded Dr. Evezan, Wedge, Aayla Secura, a new Darth Vader, Luke Hoth, and more. I'm not interested in these myself.

I contacted some friends but no one said they needed them.

On a lighter note, I can't wait until my Jocasta Nu figures arrive so I can make Jocasta Nu lead the Gungan Bombad Army and swoop race against Dengar. Then she's going to escape being carbon frozen on Cloud City and have a love affair with the alien Bespin Guard. They're going to escape and sign up for pod racing. And that's just their first adventure!

JediTricks
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah, those figures have been hitting more stores around here as well, I stopped reporting them because nobody was responding to those figures.

JediTricks
01-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Picked up a stash from Bran down at Los Feliz TRU. Bran stashed them 10 friggin' days ago, that should tell you how often they clean that dump of a store. Speaking of which...

Los Feliz TRU sightings:
- MTT Droid Fighter class 1 vehicle set, left it on pegs.
- Transformers Fall of Cybertron Air Raid, re-stashed, PM me or Bran for details since it's in the same spot he left it ten days ago!!!

JediTricks
01-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately, now I need another stash for FOC Starscream as the one I got had a stuck knee that broke with no resistance at all. Just sheared right off the outer knee, a terrible design.

Tycho
01-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Starscream should only be 29 years old (since 1984 right?)

That's too young for him to get arthritis.

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

bikerscout
01-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately, now I need another stash for FOC Starscream as the one I got had a stuck knee that broke with no resistance at all. Just sheared right off the outer knee, a terrible design.

Will keep my eyes open. I'm debating an opener Aayla, since i've only seen her in the wild once & it was bought as gift for someone. (My only aayla was from an amazon order). I might go for an EP2 clone Lt. and/or shocktrooper or Jar Jar TVC, since i have TRU rewards cash to use after tomorrow. Plmk if u see them. Thanks.

Finally opened DOTM LC Ironhide yesterday. Really cool figure. Lotta weapons. And not too hard to transform. Went from truck to bot the first time w/o instructions. The only gripes i have (which have been mentioned b4) are the wheel well balljoint comes out too easily/is loose and it can be slightly difficult to stand him up. Probably caused by the lower legs being so big to accomodate the hidden weapon stashes. With his knife, he is currently battling MP Grimlock w/sword on my desk. I'd never want them to fight really, but had to put him somewhere on my desk -lol.

JediTricks
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks BP, and I'll keep an eye out for Aayla and those others, do stashes since you're looking to use your rewards cash (as will I be, it's even in my calendar to remind me).

Glad to hear you dig LC Ironhide, it's a good toy but not a great LC IMO, it's big and fun but too simple, too chunky for a quality LC in my book. It holds up more for the fun stuff. I think the figure has balance problems partly due to poor ratchet choices in the leg joints, and partly due to the heavy chest gimmick and arms. Bombing on Grimlock though, that's not that crazy, Grimlock is kind of a combative jerk in the G1 cartoon at first, he throws down with the Autobots a bunch - Animated picked up on that as well.

We should try to get the SoCal gang together for a meal soon, a "half-Comic-Con" type of meal. ;)

El Chuxter
01-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Grimlock was two completely different characters in the comic and the cartoon. The comic book version would not fight Ironhide under normal circumstances... but would totally mop the floor with him if he had to.

Maradona
01-10-2013, 04:01 PM
We should try to get the SoCal gang together for a meal soon, a "half-Comic-Con" type of meal. ;)

I'm interested!

JediTricks
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Grimlock was two completely different characters in the comic and the cartoon. The comic book version would not fight Ironhide under normal circumstances... but would totally mop the floor with him if he had to.Yeah, but the comic book version didn't really have the audience reach that the cartoon did, so it's the cartoon which ultimately does the most to define the character.

I'm interested!Awesome! We'll start talking scheduling when we get a few more people interested.

El Chuxter
01-10-2013, 07:56 PM
If I wanted to be contrary, I could say that animated Grimlock wasn't so much a character as a one-note plot device. Sorta like Maul. Comic Grimlock, surprisingly, turned out to be one of the greatest comic book anti-heroes of his age (which is impressive when you consider TF comics came out during the heyday of Wolverine, Punisher, Judge Dredd, and the Ninja Turtles).

Bel-Cam Jos
01-10-2013, 08:06 PM
We should try to get the SoCal gang together for a meal soon, a "half-Comic-Con" type of meal. ;)Do we have to pay half-CC prices, with half-CC lines to wait, too? How about at a Target food court after each of us buying every MOMC figure we wanted, right out of the case. :tired: :dreaming:

El Chuxter
01-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Is there a Five Guys near LA? How about In-N-Out Burger? I'm cool with either of those. :D

Kidding aside, I'd recommend the Gourmet Pizza Shoppe, but the only location is in Redlands, which is a bit far out for most of you.

bikerscout
01-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Is there a Five Guys near LA? How about In-N-Out Burger? I'm cool with either of those. :D

Kidding aside, I'd recommend the Gourmet Pizza Shoppe, but the only location is in Redlands, which is a bit far out for most of you.

I'm down for the 'half comic-con' meal. Provided its an off day for me. Next week is not really good though.

Gettin back to Grim vs. Ironhide, it'd depend on which version of Ironhide he'd fight - G1 classic or Bayverse DOTM. Grim would probably win with brute strength, but IH wouldn't go out without a tough fight. DOTM IH would have tons of firepower and G1 would have liquid nitro blasts from his hands to combat Grim's flamethrowing. It would be an awesome fight. If I were good with stopmotion pics/vids, the scale of MP Grim and DOTM IH would work better than MP Grim and igear Ironhide imo.

El Chuxter
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Comic Grimlock is smart and devious, though. He'd outsmart Ironhide. He once got into a fistfight with Prime (the Powermaster version), that ended with both of them on the floor, laughing about how ridiculous they were being.

Ironhide's going down. ;)

JediTricks
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
If I wanted to be contrary, I could say that animated Grimlock wasn't so much a character as a one-note plot device. Sorta like Maul. Comic Grimlock, surprisingly, turned out to be one of the greatest comic book anti-heroes of his age (which is impressive when you consider TF comics came out during the heyday of Wolverine, Punisher, Judge Dredd, and the Ninja Turtles).Someone has a crush. :p

Do we have to pay half-CC prices, with half-CC lines to wait, too? How about at a Target food court after each of us buying every MOMC figure we wanted, right out of the case. :tired: :dreaming:I'd prefer no lines, and pricing will vary as much as it does down there, so think of it as a half-pain-in-the-arse. ;) Every MOMC figure we wanted in the next few months would be... none. Stupid moronic Hasbro cancellation. :mad:

Kidding aside, I'd recommend the Gourmet Pizza Shoppe, but the only location is in Redlands, which is a bit far out for most of you.There's a Five Guys here in Culver City, they're not all that impressive considering how expensive they are though, and they're very loud inside. I was hoping for food that a paid servant brings to us instead of getting it ourselves. Also I was hoping not to go to Redlands or anywhere 80 miles from here - I could see going somewhat east, maybe Clearman's Village, but not that far.

I'm down for the 'half comic-con' meal. Provided its an off day for me. Next week is not really good though.

Gettin back to Grim vs. Ironhide, it'd depend on which version of Ironhide he'd fight - G1 classic or Bayverse DOTM. Grim would probably win with brute strength, but IH wouldn't go out without a tough fight. DOTM IH would have tons of firepower and G1 would have liquid nitro blasts from his hands to combat Grim's flamethrowing. It would be an awesome fight. If I were good with stopmotion pics/vids, the scale of MP Grim and DOTM IH would work better than MP Grim and igear Ironhide imo.Right on, and next week it won't be then.

Comic Grimlock is smart and devious, though. He'd outsmart Ironhide. He once got into a fistfight with Prime (the Powermaster version), that ended with both of them on the floor, laughing about how ridiculous they were being.

Ironhide's going down. ;)I dunno, Bayverse Ironhide can spin in super slomo and fire shots at the same time, it might just confuse Grimlock into vomiting.

Maradona
01-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Clearman's Village is great.

JediTricks
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
clearman's village is great.THUMBS UP FOR MARADONA! Love that place. How awesome would it be for all us west types to meet with Bel-Cam and Chux at the Covina or Rosemead North Woods?

El Chuxter
01-12-2013, 09:50 AM
You know I was kidding about Five Guys, right? I like 'em, but if I'm driving a long distance, having that as the destination would be a little anticlimactic.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
THUMBS UP FOR MARADONA! Love that place. How awesome would it be for all us west types to meet with Bel-Cam and Chux at the Covina or Rosemead North Woods?Is that North Woods Inn? The place with the peanut shells on the floor? The restaurant with very tasty food? Umm... :D (or am I confusing places together?)

JediTricks
01-12-2013, 07:53 PM
You know I was kidding about Five Guys, right? I like 'em, but if I'm driving a long distance, having that as the destination would be a little anticlimactic.I knew you were mostly kidding, but who knows who will read it and run with the idea. Plus, I get to tout that we here in Culver City have one. :p

Is that North Woods Inn? The place with the peanut shells on the floor? The restaurant with very tasty food? Umm... :D (or am I confusing places together?)Yes it is, Clearman's village was multiple theme restaurants (North Woods Inn, Stick & Stein, and the boat-shaped The Galley) in a single location, and from that there are the now multiple-location North Woods Inn, with the sawdust and peanut shells on the floor from the free peanuts in the lobby, the delicious cole slaw and blue cheese salads tossed at the table, the garlic cheese toast so good that North Woods Inn-brand spread was on shelves for years, and a vegetarian dinner comprised mainly of onions (I kid you not).

El Chuxter
01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I had to go to the dentist today in Rancho Bernardo (long drive to get a family member as your tech :D), and stopped at Portillo's in Moreno Valley on the way home. If I wasn't the only person near it, I'd suggest that--it's an authentic Chicago-area hot dog/sandwich stand, which, for some bizarre reason, has two locations outside Chicagoland. One is in MoVal. No idea why that is, but their Italian beef sandwiches are to die for.

Of course, I think the other's in Anaheim, so I could suggest that. :)

JediTricks
01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
What a weird choice of outside-Chicago locations. If we go to Anaheim, I can't see not going to Disneyland/DCA, but that'd make a keen one-two punch. What's the place's atmosphere? You called it a stand, I don't really want to sit outside for a long meal, ya know?

That's what you get for eating your Ewok action figures, now we know the truth about why you're so gaga for them. :D

El Chuxter
01-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Okay, it's not a stand. But you do have to order at a counter, so it might be out.

And it's in Buena Park, anyway.

Maradona
01-12-2013, 11:46 PM
THUMBS UP FOR MARADONA! Love that place. How awesome would it be for all us west types to meet with Bel-Cam and Chux at the Covina or Rosemead North Woods?

Count me in!

JediTricks
01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Well, if you're really gung-ho about them, I suppose we could give them a thought, but it has to be more special than In n Out and Five Guys. Maradona and I are in agreement that North Woods would be dope though. But none of this is set, it's still the planning phase.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Now we're planning a dope sale? I'm out! No illegal transactions for me!

Is there a day/time in mind? (weekends are about the only chances I'd have, with Sundays being more better; unless it was MLK's holiday on Mon. 1/21)

El Chuxter
01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Well, if you're really gung-ho about them

Was this for me? I'm not set on anything; as long as it's not fish, I'm cool.

Maradona
01-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Clearman's is delicious eating, but can be a bit pricey depending on what you order. I think the food, ambience (and by ambience I mean littered peanut shells), and company will be worth it.

JediTricks
01-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Crenshaw mall TJ Maxx had both new Transformers Prime Voyagers - Thundertron and Ultra Magnus - for $13 a pop. I considered buying them but then remembered the bad reviews each has gotten, and there were some eager kids who were jazzed out of their minds when I put the figures back on the shelf, they really wanted to check them out.

Crenshaw WM was abysmal for TF, and not much better for Star Wars.

----

Clearman's pricing... Oh yeah, I forgot that gas prices skyrocketed since the last time I was there, so I just checked, their prices have gone up a bit - they make it worth your while with big portions and lots of salad, but it may be too much. Average dinner entree price seems to be $30: http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/northwoods/menu/menu.pdf
I'm certainly not locked into that pricepoint as our place, I love Clearman's but I go to Sizzler about a thousand times more often.

So, we have Maradona, me, Bikerscout*, Chux, and Bel-cam* who wants to remind us that he doesn't want to sell drugs - sure thing, buddy! Just for you. ;) (* asterisk wearers are schedule-challenged, but I'm sure we all are to varying degrees). Anybody else?

Chux and I are not down for seafood. I don't want some fast food stand, it should be an actual restaurant unless it's super special awesome. Any other restrictions?

BCJ can only hope to go on a weekend, Sunday would be best for him. I think Bikerscout's schedule is weekdays, but not sure, let's find out.

How far is everybody willing to drive? That knowledge could help us create a zone of approval. Is anybody going to want to carpool?

Any other thoughts?

El Chuxter
01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm not trying to be difficult. It's just that half the creatures in the sea would kill me if I ate them, and the other half are subject to cross-contamination at most restaurants. :D

Weekends would be best for me. To be honest, Saturday's better, but I can probably do Sunday if it's afternoon or later (in case anyone was considering breakfast).

JediTricks
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Oh, said TJ Maxx also had the TF Prime Cyberverse Star Hammer with Wheeljack vehicle for the same $12.99 price.

I'm not trying to be difficult. It's just that half the creatures in the sea would kill me if I ate them, and the other half are subject to cross-contamination at most restaurants. :DOh wah. "I'm going to die from horrible allergies. These things are filthy and smell like rot." Cry me a river! ;) Yeah, I'm not allergic, I just don't like it, and the ones I do tolerate are the worst for you.

figrin bran
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
JT, count me in possibly. Weekends would be better though I have tons of appointments coming up which will affect my availability.

JediTricks
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
TRU La Cienega had more of the Clone Wars vehicle 2-packs, now down to $35, and although most were 2 Jedi Starfighters one set was a Jedi Starfighter and an AH-7 Walking Cannon. Also they had ANH Vader, Luke Hoth & Blu Ray ROTJ, Aayla, red bandana Kithaba, Nom Anor, and Wedge all on curved cards. I bought Kithaba and Aayla - I wanted that red bandana, and with JabbaJohn naming Aayla his choice for best figure of 2012 AND a soon-to-expire $5 rewards coupon I couldn't not get 'em (I checked with Bikerscout first on Aayla because he posted interest, but he passed). By the time I left someone had grabbed that ANH Vader and none of the others, so when you wonder why Vaders are still getting new figures, think about the fact that all those hot collector-focused figures got bypassed in favor of it.

TRU Culver City had fairly empty pegs for Star Wars. TF they had Generations Voyager-class Soundwave at $23, I passed.

Target Culver City 1-story had nothing of note in either department.

Don't forget to mention your requested stashes, gang! I'll be glad to stash when I see your stuff, but I have to be reminded what it is first.
JT: Transformers Generations Starscream (card condition unimportant)
Bikerscout: AOTC Clone Lieutenant, Shocktrooper, or Jar Jar at TRU only (for the rewards points)
Who else? C'mon, don't be shy!

JT, count me in possibly. Weekends would be better though I have tons of appointments coming up which will affect my availability.
Definitely!

Chaddymac
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Don't forget to mention your requested stashes, gang! I'll be glad to stash when I see your stuff, but I have to be reminded what it is first.
JT: Transformers Generations Starscream (card condition unimportant)
Bikerscout: AOTC Clone Lieutenant, Shocktrooper, or Jar Jar at TRU only (for the rewards points)
Who else? C'mon, don't be shy!
I'm looking for that mini Yoda Jedi Starfighter. Since you asked ;)

Also, I still have your AT-ST drivers if you still want them.

JediTricks
01-16-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm looking for that mini Yoda Jedi Starfighter. Since you asked ;)

Also, I still have your AT-ST drivers if you still want them.
I do still want them, and the mini Yoda Jedi Starfighter was at TRU today along with the MTT Droid Fighter, but I cannot remember if it was TRU La Cienega or Culver - my memory says Culver but they had almost nothing, while La Cienega had a bunch of stuff so it seems more likely. I'll definitely stash you one next time I see it though, or pick it up if I can afford to.

El Chuxter
01-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Target looks to still have the Lego Advent Calendar at only 30% off. :frus: I also found the Return of Maul set a few days ago (don't recall which Target), and it still scanned at $10. Yeesh. It was that cheap before Christmas. I'd get it if it were cheaper for the canceled Sith Witch figure.

Marshalls (at least the one in Moreno Valley) had the G.I. Joe Cobra Dragon Hawk VTOL marked down to $13. Tempting, but I did not army-build it. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I bought Kithaba and Aayla - I wanted that red bandana, and with JabbaJohn naming Aayla his choice for best figure of 2012 AND a soon-to-expire $5 rewards coupon I couldn't not get 'em (I checked with Bikerscout first on Aayla because he posted interest, but he passed).
Have you cracked her open yet? Did I steer you wrong?

JediTricks
01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Have you cracked her open yet? Did I steer you wrong?Welllllll..... I'll post my thoughts in the YIR thread.

El Chuxter
01-17-2013, 02:50 PM
I was looking for a clip of Cleo saying "Have I ever steered you wrong?" from the Clifford PBS show, but it appears no one with the knowledge and inclination to upload it has done so. :(

JediTricks
01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I was looking for a clip of Cleo saying "Have I ever steered you wrong?" from the Clifford PBS show, but it appears no one with the knowledge and inclination to upload it has done so. :(I'll be sure to stash that next time I see it.

If it's PBS, can't you just get the video online, or buy it from them? Have you looked through their clips on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PBS/videos?query=clifford
Ugh, she's voiced by Cree Summer, her voice is super grating to me, I'd help find one in there but her voice makes me want to gouge my ears out.

EDIT: here's the episode where she first says the catchphrase, you can find it at 8:50 - http://www.3kid.net/docs/0210/1302943634.htm

El Chuxter
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Nah, I just wanted to link it here in response to JJL's post. :D

Luckily, little kids don't mind watching the same episodes over and over, so they aren't bothered by that annoying little fact there can be no more eps because Clifford is dead. :(

JediTricks
01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Nah, I just wanted to link it here in response to JJL's post. :D

Luckily, little kids don't mind watching the same episodes over and over, so they aren't bothered by that annoying little fact there can be no more eps because Clifford is dead. :(I edited it in my previous post, but you can grab the audio out of this: here's the episode where she first says the catchphrase, you can find it at 8:50 - http://www.3kid.net/docs/0210/1302943634.htm

Louis CK has a bit about watching Clifford with his kids, it's seriously naughty language but had me in stitches.

JediTricks
01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
TRU La Cienega, lost wave leftovers, TF had nothing of note.

TRU Culver City, TF Prime Beast Hunters Soundwave.

---

Ok, so let's get some schedules and distances together.

JT: busy Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, Feb 10th. Maximum drive distance, 60 miles each way.
Bran: Weekends, has some filled. Distance unknown.
Maradona: Schedule unknown. Distance unknown.
Chuxter: Schedule unknown. Distance unknown.
Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays. Distance unknown.

Anybody else?

El Chuxter
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
I cannot drive more than seven miles, and it must be after midnight or my car turns into a pumpkin.

Maradona
01-18-2013, 08:08 PM

I'm free most evenings. I'd prefer weekends. I'd drive as many miles as anyone would willing to in order to meet at an equidistant location. I cannot on Jan. 25, since I have to attend an evening function.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Ok, so let's get some schedules and distances together.

JT: busy Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, Feb 10th. Maximum drive distance, 60 miles each way.
Chuxter: Schedule unknown. Distance unknown.
Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays. Distance unknown.

Anybody else?Bel-Cam's busy weekend days would be: 1/26, 2/2, 2/3.
Maximum driving distance: 12 parsecs (limits aren't an issue for me; days are).
Cost to hire him: 10,000 AIA.
Could you buy your own ship for that: you bet, especially if you're not such a bad pilot yourself.
Amount willing to give now: 2000.
Additional amount when destination reached: 15.
Questions asked: no.
Docking bay preferred: 94.
Sorry for the mess: yes.

JediTricks
01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
TRU La Cienega, Culver City - nada last night
TJ Maxx Culver City - Transformers Prime voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, Starscream for $13, dlx Rumble for $7.

I cannot drive more than seven miles, and it must be after midnight or my car turns into a pumpkin.Super helpful as usual. :p

I'm free most evenings. I'd prefer weekends. I'd drive as many miles as anyone would willing to in order to meet at an equidistant location. I cannot on Jan. 25, since I have to attend an evening function.Right on, thanks for info.

Bel-Cam's busy weekend days would be: 1/26, 2/2, 2/3.
Maximum driving distance: 12 parsecs (limits aren't an issue for me; days are).
Cost to hire him: 10,000 AIA.
Could you buy your own ship for that: you bet, especially if you're not such a bad pilot yourself.
Amount willing to give now: 2000.
Additional amount when destination reached: 15.
Questions asked: no.
Docking bay preferred: 94.
Sorry for the mess: yes.That's a lot of data for so little info. ;)

JT: Any, busy Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, Feb 10th. Maximum drive distance unlimited.
Bikerscout: schedule unknown. Distance unknown.
Maradona: Weekends, any evenings, busy Jan 25th. Max drive unlimited.
Chuxter: Schedule unknown. Distance unknown. Helpful as ever.
Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays, busy Jan 26h, Feb 2nd and 3rd. Unlimited drive.

Tycho
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
I found a lot of stuff today at Target:

New (puny, pathetic, petite ships):

Republic Tank
Slave-One
Jedi Starfighter

New vehicle /2-figure 2packs:

Tactical Droid and ATRT Driver with ATRT*
Pilot Droid and Obi-Wan Kenobi with flying mini-TT**
Yoda's Jedi Attack Starfighter with Super Battle Droid and Yoda***
Mini-Drop Ship with tan battle droid and Clone Pilot****

*I would really like the Tactical Droid sold separately again with the original TX-20 paint scheme. I'm not buying this. I like AT-RTs in the movie gray and I'm looking to buy a 2nd one that was the motorized scale from the ROTS issue (maybe. I might have one more in storage already. So maybe in the middle of next summer I'll finally know.)

** The mini-TT is actually kind of cool. It reminds me of a Predator drone from the US AirForce kind of crossed with something from Terminator and something of an MTT all in one. It's actually tempting. The first drawback is that it comes with that pathetic Obi-Wan figure which I have absolutely no need for. Also, I don't really need this vehicle either, but I'm slowly working on an excuse to buy it anyway. That hasn't happened yet.

*** "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack" - YODA, Ep5, ESB. Yeah, thanks for ruining a character just to make something toyetic, Hasbro. Even as a kid I understood what Yoda was saying. I thought that was cool about his character and also why I'd be a DARK Jedi if I were a character in Star Wars - just because I WOULD use the Force for attack. But Yoda would not. Really Hasbro? At least they didn't do Plo Koon again - though he actually had scenes in his ship, as did Kit Fisto (vs. Grievous), but SaeSee Tiin was the best Jedi Pilot seen in a ship, though Adi Gallia was also said to be good, too. I'm not counting Anakin Skywalker for the moment.

****This is toyetic for kids to play with and drop off their clones. I don't play with my toys though. I set up dioramas and don't really have a use for this one. But it's not a bad set for kids.

++++ (I know....BORING) mini-rigs that I would actually buy would be the Senate platforms, Coruscant Taxis, possibly small landspeeders (though they should be 2-4 seaters like the Gian Speeder and the Lars' landspeeder)

^^^^ Luke's T-16 might work for this line - very underscale, but it would bring a classic character back out and it really isn't a key OT ship so it need not be scaled even like the old '79 mold X-wing.

I don't want to see Han or Chewie, or Boba Fett for that matter, with some kind of cargo loader thing that shoots all kinds of weapons, but maybe kids will? Don't know. But I don't need to buy 'em. The vehicle maintainence energizer accessory set from the KENNER days would be great for Han or Chewie (maybe Chewie and Han could be re-released with the Bespin torture chair or a really awesome "big kit / lotta display options" carbonite block for use with a figure inside and out! Leia Slave could come back with the Sailbarge cannon and Luke Bacta Tank could be re-released (possibly with 21-B and FX-7 even). Vader and his meditation chamber of course.

Hey -maybe sell the throne (with Bib Fortuna and Oola) and Jabba the Hutt with Leia Boussh and a Gamorrean Guard as OT "vehicle w. figure 2-packs? That's about the same amount of plastic and less tooling than these mini-rigs, plus stuff to sell to kids on the OT that hasn't been seen out for a while.

Then make Hasbro some money so they can make ME a Sailbarge, the Twilight, full-scale class 2 assortment vehicles for Hondo Ohnaka and other stuff I really want.

ANYWAY: TRANSFORMERS JUST FOUND NEWS:

All the FOC (Fall of Cybertron) Combaticons.

I like Brawl and Blast Off for individual consumption. I have no desire to build Bruticus or own the other 3. Vortex looks especially awful but Swindle and Onslaught are not inspiring.

JediTricks
01-24-2013, 05:51 PM
It's not a "Mini-TT", it's an "MTT Droid Fighter", it plugs into the rear compartment door of the MTT, was originally supposed to come with the larger vehicle.

Ross in Beverly Connection had TF Prime Sergeant Kup for $5.99, a buck less than at TJ Maxx. Insane.

bikerscout
01-26-2013, 03:41 PM
May not be too news worthy, but at Woodland hills tru today I picked up a lost line Jar Jar and the TRU excl. CW Nikto guard for $8 and some change. Used $8 in TRU rewards which expire tomorrow and it was bogo50 on SW so I got a fairly good deal.

As far as the meetup - off Weds & Thurs, however next Wed. 30th is out. If possible, I wouldn't want to drive farther than Ontario. I live in the valley.

Unrelated note: I'm a sucker for Top Gun and will be seeing it in Imax 3D next month for the 6 day limited engagement. Anyone else is welcome to join. One of my all time fave movies.

Tycho
01-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Bikerscout, I so much loved Top Gun.

The El Toro Marine Corps Air Station was operational when I grew up there (the aliens destroyed it in Independence Day).

I used to watch the fighter pilots train daily and roar overhead when I was at Wild Rivers Water Park where I'd spend every summer trying to catch waves and women. That was my life dude!

I loved those days growing up wanting to be a fighter pilot. I think I saw Top Gun in the movie theater every week while it was out and always begged my mom to take me.

In my first business venture, I used to mow the lawn and wash the car for a fighter pilot who made Top Gun (when it was the Navy base in San Diego - it is currently open here and I go to the air show there every October - and it's now officially designated Miramar MCAS).

But the fighter pilot and his wife took me on base and I got to sit in a real F-18 and go in the real F-18 flight simulator while he had an instructor friend guide me on a simulated mission. It was so cool!

Don - that was the pilot's name, bought me the Top Gun hat and the Top Spud (remember the Budweiser dog?) T-shirt, plus a Navy Fighter Weapons hoodie.

My health complications prevented me from every being in the military though I tried to get into the Marines, Navy, and the Air Force and my father was a decorated officer in the Navy.

bikerscout
01-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Bikerscout, I so much loved Top Gun.

The El Toro Marine Corps Air Station was operational when I grew up there (the aliens destroyed it in Independence Day).

I used to watch the fighter pilots train daily and roar overhead when I was at Wild Rivers Water Park where I'd spend every summer trying to catch waves and women. That was my life dude!

I loved those days growing up wanting to be a fighter pilot. I think I saw Top Gun in the movie theater every week while it was out and always begged my mom to take me.

In my first business venture, I used to mow the lawn and wash the car for a fighter pilot who made Top Gun (when it was the Navy base in San Diego - it is currently open here and I go to the air show there every October - and it's now officially designated Miramar MCAS).

But the fighter pilot and his wife took me on base and I got to sit in a real F-18 and go in the real F-18 flight simulator while he had an instructor friend guide me on a simulated mission. It was so cool!

Don - that was the pilot's name, bought me the Top Gun hat and the Top Spud (remember the Budweiser dog?) T-shirt, plus a Navy Fighter Weapons hoodie.

My health complications prevented me from every being in the military though I tried to get into the Marines, Navy, and the Air Force and my father was a decorated officer in the Navy.

Thanks for sharing Tycho. Well, you didn't have to prove how big of a fan u were, but you achieved that and more in your post. :biggrin: I'm jealous that you got to see the base and sit in an F-18! Pretty damn rad.

I too still want to be a pilot to this day b/c of Top Gun lol. I never actually saw the movie until a couple years after it debuted. VHS. Gotta love it. I went to a lot of airshows when I was younger, growing up in Cleveland, and I loved seeing the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds. Since I didn't live too far from the airport I had witnessed many flybys from them on the weekends of the shows. My own private shows. Lol. I never joined any of the armed forces, but my father was in the Air Force before I was born.

I have bestbuy reward zone cash & will probably use it on the Top Gun 3D bluray on 2/18 or 19. In the meanwhile, this week I can't wait for "The Dark Knight Returns Part 2" animated to drop on Tues. Torn between BB and Target though b/c one is offering a bonus pack-in figure as an exclusive and the other is offering a digital comic at a lower price. The figure is nice, but Target is offering more at a lower price. Still on the fence.

Forgot to mention, yesterday at that Woodland hills tru, they had 2 of the SW class 1 fleet vehicles. Obi-wan & droid/MTT thingy & I can't remember the other. For TF also had some FOC soundwaves. Nothin else major.

One more thing: I opened the Scout w/speeder pack a few weeks ago finally. Didn't pay a lot of attention to the scout, but really liked it. After a close study a few days ago b/c my friend had the VTSC/TAC mold out, I absolutely love this scout figure!! Very cool paint variations made. A little bit harder to stand up sometimes, my only gripe, but otherwise - these guys are my elites. Time to bust out some IG-88 rifles!! (Which means I'll have to unbury my tub like an Egyptian archaeological dig :-)

JediTricks
01-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Meet-up update...
Bikerscout: Wednesdays and Thursdays, but not Jan 30th. Max drive, 45 miles.
Chuxter: Schedule unknown. Distance unknown. Helpful as ever.
Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays, busy Jan 26h, Feb 2nd and 3rd. Unlimited drive.

For us west-siders, any thoughts on carpooling?

As far as the meetup - off Weds & Thurs, however next Wed. 30th is out. If possible, I wouldn't want to drive farther than Ontario. I live in the valley.

Unrelated note: I'm a sucker for Top Gun and will be seeing it in Imax 3D next month for the 6 day limited engagement. Anyone else is welcome to join. One of my all time fave movies.

I hadn't heard about Top Gun in 3D Imax, kind of odd that they'd use not one but two formats it wasn't made for at the same time. I don't think I could take that homoerotic volleyball scene in 3D Imax ;) but let us know how the movie is.

Time to bust out some IG-88 rifles!!Battlefront sniper-class style? :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-27-2013, 06:22 PM
The weekend of Tet is out for me (February 9-10).

My daughter also keeps changing her mind on whether she wants to participate in a fun run on, IIRC, the 23rd.

JediTricks
01-27-2013, 07:29 PM
The weekend of Tet is out for me (February 9-10).

My daughter also keeps changing her mind on whether she wants to participate in a fun run on, IIRC, the 23rd.Ok, should I assume from these comments that you are also a "Weekends only" person in this endeavor? You haven't directly said yet, nor I think did you mention max drive distance.

Meet-up update...
Chuxter: Busy Feb 9-10th, Feb 23rd. Distance unknown.

I think this is starting to look like 2 meetups, one with Bikerscout during the week since me and Maradona can meet him (assuming he wakes up on time ;)), and a larger meeting without Bikerscout since the rest are weekends which he can't do.

El Chuxter
01-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Weekends are preferable, particularly with the drive. I drop off and pick up my daughter from school, which puts a damper on my weekday plans, though lunch might be doable so long as I can get out early. Evenings might also work. I'd prefer not to go further than the OC, but, depending on the time, it might be negotiable.

If we're looking out that far, I think the first weekend in March is out for me.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-28-2013, 12:29 AM
If we're looking out that far, I think the first weekend in March is out for me.Yeah, and the first couple weeks of June are out for me, too.

My issues are work related (school gets out at 3:00pm M-F, and heading into the LA nether regions gets tough 'round then); that's why Sat. or Sun. are my most effective days, with less stuff usually on Sundays than that day that's alright for fighting or in the park (I think it was the fourth of July [also likely a day I can't meet] :p ).

bikerscout
01-28-2013, 02:13 PM
If you guys do a wknd meetup and I can't make it -that's fine. If a Wed/Thurs meetup becomes a go - I'll drive farther than Ontario if necessary. Not too big a deal. I threw in the distance measure in case we met on a day i have work, so easier to drive back & get some Zzzs.

Chaddymac
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/exclusive-no-more-star-wars-3d-prequel-releases-lucasfilm-passes-to-focus-on-new-trilogy/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if this is what killed Droid Factory.

JediTricks
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Culver TRU had the new Hasbro kiddy 12-inch figures, ep 2 Anakin and Clone Trooper - these are cute at $13 I think they'll work with a more varied assortment, but I think Hasbro could have done a little better on the Anakin flesh paint, and used ball-jointed shoulders and removable accessories.

Culver TRU also had the new Class 2 vehicles for $22 a pop, what a joke. I picked up the Jedi Starfighter box and it felt empty it was so lightweight, the other boxes felt like they at least had cardboard in there.

And they had the new Class 1 vehicles but does anybody care about these?

La Cienega Target had JACK SQUAT.

Weekends are preferable, particularly with the drive. I drop off and pick up my daughter from school, which puts a damper on my weekday plans, though lunch might be doable so long as I can get out early. Evenings might also work. I'd prefer not to go further than the OC, but, depending on the time, it might be negotiable.

If we're looking out that far, I think the first weekend in March is out for me.How far west would you be willing to go on the 10 fwy towards LA, rather than heading towards OC?

I obviously don't want you to be late for picking up your kid, and I think only you, me, and Bikerscout are free in the early part of any weekdays. If you're into doing evenings though, we'd be able to at least add Maradona to that list. Thanks for the additional details.

Yeah, and the first couple weeks of June are out for me, too.

My issues are work related (school gets out at 3:00pm M-F, and heading into the LA nether regions gets tough 'round then); that's why Sat. or Sun. are my most effective days, with less stuff usually on Sundays than that day that's alright for fighting or in the park (I think it was the fourth of July [also likely a day I can't meet] :p ).All of 3014 is out for me, I'll be mining the moon for lunar sapphires.

Heh heh, nether regions.

Saturday night is alright for fighting.

If you guys do a wknd meetup and I can't make it -that's fine. If a Wed/Thurs meetup becomes a go - I'll drive farther than Ontario if necessary. Not too big a deal. I threw in the distance measure in case we met on a day i have work, so easier to drive back & get some Zzzs.Kewl beans, I'll keep that in mind.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/exclusive-no-more-star-wars-3d-prequel-releases-lucasfilm-passes-to-focus-on-new-trilogy/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if this is what killed Droid Factory.That's wild, and yet I'm not remotely surprised after the utter fizzle of hype that the 3D release of TPM generated. I highly doubt that's why Droid Factory got tanked though, the 3rd quarter packaging and focus is still on the 3D releases after all. I believe 'em when they said droid parts were going to be too expensive, if JabbaJohn's list for the first 2 Droid Factory waves was correct they were not budgeting carefully, too many figures at once, so those droid parts on top of that was going to be too expensive. If you think about it, every figure's major part - arm halves, head, torso halves, leg halves - runs about 90 cents now with a figure that's $10 a piece.

Tycho
01-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Culver TRU had the new Hasbro kiddy 12-inch figures, ep 2 Anakin and Clone Trooper - these are cute at $13 I think they'll work with a more varied assortment, but I think Hasbro could have done a little better on the Anakin flesh paint, and used ball-jointed shoulders and removable accessories.

I'm not interested in buying these. I think they are only trying to compete with Gentle Giant's jumbo KENNER figures now that they've seen a market for these. GG is going OT KENNER figures, so Hasbro is doing new PT figures.

I've never even seen pictures of these (and don't care to) but I wouldn't be surprised if they are kiddie figures done in the KENNER style for the PT.

Other than that - if they are a kiddie line, they are NOT supposed to care about the paint aps as they are part of the motiff. Was anyone here too much of a particular about the paint aps on their Galactic Heroes / Jedi Force figures?

Culver TRU also had the new Class 2 vehicles for $22 a pop, what a joke. I picked up the Jedi Starfighter box and it felt empty it was so lightweight, the other boxes felt like they at least had cardboard in there.

And they had the new Class 1 vehicles but does anybody care about these?

No I do not care about these. I saw them at Target and left them as well as the class 2 vehicles which are a disgrace to the history of this hobby [if and only if full size class 2 NEW product like Hondo's vehicles are never produced].

JediTricks
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Chaddy cares about the class 1 fleet, but he already has what he's looking for, so there's no need to report sightings to him.

Chaddymac
01-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Chaddy cares about the class 1 fleet, but he already has what he's looking for, so there's no need to report sightings to him.

Truth. All I wanted was that Yoda ship. Pretty sure I never need another Yoda, either.

Anyone looking at those 6" figures? I am not. They look great. I'm not interested in a new line.

JediTricks
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
I'll wait to see on the 6" Black Series line, but I'm not sure if I'll want to jump into a new scale at this point.

JediTricks
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Meetup update:

I'm thinking Sunday, February 17th could be a working date for this, nobody mentioned that being busy that specific weekend except Bikerscout who just can't do weekends at all. Of course, some of you married types might have valentines weekend plans.

If we're all in agreement, the question becomes "where".
- We could do it out here on the west side where there's a lot of options, but that means Chux and Bel-Cam have to do a lot more driving, although they say that's not a big deal for them, and sunday traffic in LA is non-existent usually.
- We could meet at San Gabriel or Covina Clearmann's North Woods Inn which would be a bit closer to them, but that is a big expensive.
- Chux suggested a Chicago-style sandwich/hot dog place in Buena Park that he likes, we could try to get into Disneyland too I suppose for those who have annual passes.
- There's a nice Sizzler off the 10 in Baldwin Park, but that might be too mainstream.
- Any other reasonable suggestions? ("reasonable" being the key word for you jokesters :p)

Maradona
02-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Meetup update:

I'm thinking Sunday, February 17th could be a working date for this, nobody mentioned that being busy that specific weekend except Bikerscout who just can't do weekends at all. Of course, some of you married types might have valentines weekend plans.

If we're all in agreement, the question becomes "where".
- We could do it out here on the west side where there's a lot of options, but that means Chux and Bel-Cam have to do a lot more driving, although they say that's not a big deal for them, and sunday traffic in LA is non-existent usually.
- We could meet at San Gabriel or Covina Clearmann's North Woods Inn which would be a bit closer to them, but that is a big expensive.
- Chux suggested a Chicago-style sandwich/hot dog place in Buena Park that he likes, we could try to get into Disneyland too I suppose for those who have annual passes.
- There's a nice Sizzler off the 10 in Baldwin Park, but that might be too mainstream.
- Any other reasonable suggestions? ("reasonable" being the key word for you jokesters :p)

The 17th is a good day for me. The next day is a holiday, so no work for some, including us teachers (looking at you Bel-Cam).

El Chuxter
02-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Might work for me as well. I'll check with my schedule when I talk to her. :)

The thing I thought was on the weekend 22nd is actually that weekend, but it's out. But it turns out the 22nd is actually worse than I thought, so seems the same.

I'm open to pretty much anything, food-wise. Not a big fan of Sizzler, though.

Not sure how far everyone is from Pasadena (or where they have other locations), but Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles is quite good.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
The 17th is a good day for me. The next day is a holiday, so no work for some, including us teachers (looking at you Bel-Cam).I think I can do that (in fact, I'll be checking off a bucket list item on the 18th by seeing the Harlem Globetrotters in person then! :thumbsup: ). I'm easy when it comes to "where," as long as the food's not rancid, spoiled, bloody, or vegan-only.

[edit] I had an idea. This is a Star Wars site. We're looking for a place to eat, in the LA region. What about Hamburger Hamlet? Is that place still around? We could comment on the long lines to see a film about... President Lincoln?

Maradona
02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I think I can do that (in fact, I'll be checking off a bucket list item on the 18th by seeing the Harlem Globetrotters in person then! :thumbsup: ). I'm easy when it comes to "where," as long as the food's not rancid, spoiled, bloody, or vegan-only.

[edit] I had an idea. This is a Star Wars site. We're looking for a place to eat, in the LA region. What about Hamburger Hamlet? Is that place still around? We could comment on the long lines to see a film about... President Lincoln?

Both Roscoe's and Hamburger Hamlet are in Pasadena. I'm in for either.

JediTricks
02-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Might work for me as well. I'll check with my schedule when I talk to her. :)

The thing I thought was on the weekend 22nd is actually that weekend, but it's out. But it turns out the 22nd is actually worse than I thought, so seems the same.

I'm open to pretty much anything, food-wise. Not a big fan of Sizzler, though.

Not sure how far everyone is from Pasadena (or where they have other locations), but Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles is quite good.22nd is a Friday, not exactly weekend.

Pasadena is a lot closer to us on the west side than Covina or Baldwin Park, although I'm not sure I want to do Roscoe's, there's too many pimps and players, hos and hustlers at the ones I've been to: Hollywood, Pico, and Gardena - it tends to make the place in hot demand, I don't want to be at a table where the place is trying to street us too quickly. But I've not been to Pasadena Roscoe's, can you vouch for it being more easy-going?

I think I can do that (in fact, I'll be checking off a bucket list item on the 18th by seeing the Harlem Globetrotters in person then! :thumbsup: ). I'm easy when it comes to "where," as long as the food's not rancid, spoiled, bloody, or vegan-only.

[edit] I had an idea. This is a Star Wars site. We're looking for a place to eat, in the LA region. What about Hamburger Hamlet? Is that place still around? We could comment on the long lines to see a film about... President Lincoln?Vegan-only is a no, although there's a place by my sister's that's pretty decent for a vegan joint.

That's awesome that you're seeing the Globetrotters, hope to hear good things from your trip.

The Hamburger Hamlet across the street from the Chinese Theater - where Lucas ate the day he saw long lines for "some movie" - recently and tragically closed. I enjoyed a number of meals there thinking about what it must have been like for exhausted George Lucas in May of '77 to see out the window a queue for a film taking up the whole block and finding out it's his film.

There are still Hamlets in Sherman Oaks and Pasadena though. The Pasadena Hamlet has a Sunday brunch menu which has chicken and waffles on it, we could throw stones at 2 birds at once. ;)

Both Roscoe's and Hamburger Hamlet are in Pasadena. I'm in for either.Sounds dangerously close to a consensus on Hamburger Hamlet Pasadena, folks.

Maybe we should do a mini road trip for SW some day, hit up that location where the Hamlet in Hollywood used to be, drive into the valley for the Lucasfilm location and the second ILM location, find the spot where Mark Hamill crashed his car rushing to get to reshoots for the cantina scene... ok, that last one is in bad taste. :p

Maradona
02-04-2013, 10:49 AM
So the 17th at Hamburger Hamlet Pasadena? Time? Mystery toy exchange?

El Chuxter
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Will mid-afternoon work? I probably wouldn't be able to head out until at least 12, and it's a bit of a drive.

JediTricks
02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm fine with mid-afternoon but I'm pretty open on these sorts of things, how about the rest of ya's?

Mystery toy exchange? That sounds interesting, what do you mean, Maradona?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I can make it any time after 9am, until about 8pm (early-to-bed cliche, you know :p ).

Mystery toy exchange? We give away Riddler, Mystery Men, Unknown Comic, or Disney Vinylmation figures, of course!

Maradona
02-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Mystery toy exchange? That sounds interesting, what do you mean, Maradona?

We each bring an identity-concealed figure to exchange. Maybe we could put them in a bag and each take one. This was just a thought that I typed more in jest than anything else. But if everyone wants to do that, I'm in. We should probably set a parameter of some sort (price, type, age) so we don't all show up with inflated expectations and walk away with TVC Qui Gon.

I'm also comfortable with any time on Sunday.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
We each bring an identity-concealed figure to exchange. Maybe we could put them in a bag and each take one. This was just a thought that I typed more in jest than anything else. But if everyone wants to do that, I'm in. We should probably set a parameter of some sort (price, type, age) so we don't all show up with inflated expectations and walk away with TVC Qui Gon.You want an ultra-rare E1 Darth Maul, then?

El Chuxter
02-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm ambivalent about an exchange. There's not much out there right now, and I doubt many of us have figures we don't have. So there's a good chance everyone ends up bringing a figure they don't want and taking home another figure they don't want.

Now if everyone else brings a Ponda Baba, I'm all for that. :D

Chaddymac
02-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm ambivalent about an exchange. There's not much out there right now, and I doubt many of us have figures we don't have. So there's a good chance everyone ends up bringing a figure they don't want and taking home another figure they don't want.

Now if everyone else brings a Ponda Baba, I'm all for that. :D

I think if it's a White Elephant exchange, it could be fun. Everyone brings a mystery item and we trade them blind, and then we can swap ours for someone else's if they are interested? Of course, I don't think I can make it... And am not entirely sure I was invited... This is quickly becoming embarassing. I'll shuttup now.

JediTricks
02-06-2013, 02:17 AM
I think if it's a White Elephant exchange, it could be fun. Everyone brings a mystery item and we trade them blind, and then we can swap ours for someone else's if they are interested? Of course, I don't think I can make it... And am not entirely sure I was invited... This is quickly becoming embarassing. I'll shuttup now.why would you think you're not invited? You're part of our socal crew, that was the only criteria. If you can't make Sunday, we are also thinking of doing a mid week one with bikerscout which you'd be invited to as well.

I like the idea of white elephant with some old extra figures. We all have extra figures that we don't really need, I know I sure do.

Tycho
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Oh man. I should drive up for this thing.

I love He-Man Luke and Monkey Face Leia for the memories and nostalgic value to me. I know you guys don't appreciate them like I do. And Han and Chewie and muscle suit Vader...

Dude I still remember 1995 and first getting these and playing with them on my desk dreaming that in a new line they'd finally make characters like Wedge and Tarkin. And then...2 storage units full later, WHY THE HECK DO THEY HAVE TO COMPLICATE MY LIFE BY MAKING MORE MOVIES?????

Where will I put the Episode 7 stuff?

figrin bran
02-07-2013, 08:42 PM
If it's on a Sunday and at either of the Pasadena venues mentioned, I may be able to come.

Maradona
02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
We'll also need to get in a SoCal SSG crew picture. For posterity's sake...

JediTricks
02-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Oh man. I should drive up for this thing.I'll make sure to post final details in advance for anybody who wants to come that hasn't confirmed yet, but confirmation would make it easier to make these plans obviously.

If it's on a Sunday and at either of the Pasadena venues mentioned, I may be able to come.Great deal! Thoughts on doing a figure exchange?

We'll also need to get in a SoCal SSG crew picture. For posterity's sake...I'll bring a light tripod and a pocket camera I guess.

JediTricks
02-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Target La Cienega had Transformers Beast Hunters deluxes, voyagers, and Cyberverse vehicles. Target La Brea had same minus voyagers. Neither store had new SW of any kind, but were clearancing out TVC pegwarmers (La Brea it was Battle Droids for $8, La Cienega I think was Quinlan Vos for $7 or 8; both had Special 3packs for $18).

Tycho
02-11-2013, 09:04 PM
JT, I wish I could both afford the time and the gas $$ for the drive, but that doesn't look particularly probable right now.

I am putting a lot, as in thousands, into my litarary (non)career in hopes of creating some success (which is what every successful writer does before they are successful (though there's no garauntee in any fledgling author's case).

This year, I'll be paid up getting absolutely everything I have finished writing (2 novels) completely edited by a well-recognized professional I get some respect for hiring to help me. Then I'll only have to worry about a couple of trips to New York and hotels for SoCal conferences because it will take me over a year (most likely) to get a 3rd novel done where I would start paying for editorial services on that one.

The above (TM) information was stated only because I pour every cent I don't even have into my projects pretty much.

I am coming up to LA for a rock concert around April 19th or 20th - I have to check which one is in LA, and due to not wanting to fight traffic, I'll be arriving up there as early as the late morning / noon time with little else to do. I'll inform this group and maybe someone will want to meet me?

Beyond that, I want to go to Chicago and visit BobaFrett and go to some baseball games with him. So I'm saving every cent I can.

I'm actually feeling good about having some financial relief from Star Wars, Transformers, Star Trek, and Terminator products I might want to buy since there was nothing at Toy Fair (almost - maybe 4 Transformers) that interested me and nothing at SideShow that I have on-order right now.

It possibly might entice me to spend my toy money On My Toy Collection in three new areas I've been waiting for (if possible):

On Transformers I missed that are only available by import from Asian countries, and on new display cases to put my Star Wars dioramas in, and the art supplies to create the environments like Coruscant or Geonosis that they are engaged in.

With today's inflation, it could cost me a few thousand for the display furniture I need for my diorama plans.

No new product I'm interested in, frees me to invest in displaying the old product that I've loved and longed to see set up!

I want to invite folks over when they're in San Diego (for Comic Con or other reasons) when I've got things arranged here the way I've always wished they were, but right now and for the last few years I've been focused on my writing.*

*When I'm done with the 2nd novel, I'll have a genre and a modern example of my work and the solicitation material done and ready to roll with for any writers conference and I can take a break from the intensity on which I've put on that work to do something with my living quarters. Until that 2nd novel's ready, I've only encountered misery when I've split my focus.

El Chuxter
02-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Headed south for Tet, which, unfortunately, turned out to be the semi-standard "sitting at my in-law's place while they watch annoying s*** on Nick Jr" for two days. On the way home, I stopped at every Marshalls and TJ Maxx that wasn't too far out of my way (as well as several Ross and Big Lots locations, just in case) and found none of the discount store Joes.

I did find the Retaliation Wave 3 figures (I'm basing this off Entertainment Earth's site) at the Temecula and Moreno Valley Targets. Temecula had all of them (operative word being "had"; I left Ninja Duel Snake Eyes, Sneak Attack Storm Shadow, Firefly, Flint, and a couple of Battle Kata Roadblocks). MoVal had the ones I'd left in Temecula as well as one Cyber Ninja. Both had the new, uh, whatever they're calling the dark blue VAMP re-do, but I didn't think it was a $31 vehicle by any stretch of the imagination.

El Chuxter
02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
The Beaumont WM restocked FOC Transformers pretty well for anyone coming through the area. I got the only Blaster, but there was one Grimlock left as of 30 minutes ago, and a few each of Sideswipe, Starscream, Ultra Magnus, and Kickback.

JediTricks
02-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Sure, I'll burn 180.4 miles of gas, tires, and brakes for the slim chance at finding a figure you just said was mediocre. :p

So, for our lunch we're looking at this Sunday, Feb 17th, at 3pm at the Pasadena Hamburger Hamlet located at 214 S. Lake Ave. , Pasadena, CA 91101, 2 small blocks south of Colorado Blvd.

That sound good to everybody?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-12-2013, 08:41 PM
I'll be there! :D Has there been a decision on the White Bantha gift giving option yet?

Maradona
02-13-2013, 10:09 AM
So, for our lunch we're looking at this Sunday, Feb 17th, at 3pm at the Pasadena Hamburger Hamlet located at 214 S. Lake Ave. , Pasadena, CA 91101, 2 small blocks south of Colorado Blvd.

I'll be there.

Chaddymac
02-13-2013, 11:56 AM

I'll try to make it. JT - I'll text you either way, but my plan is to be there.

JediTricks
02-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Excellent, glad to hear so many nods!

We haven't had full consensus on the White Bantha thing yet but it's looking likely:
Maradona - yes
JT - yes
Bel-Cam - yes
Chaddy - yes
Chuxter - "ambivalent"
Figgy B - _______ (no comment yet)

Anybody else I'm forgetting?

Chaddymac
02-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Excellent, glad to hear so many nods!

We haven't had full consensus on the White Bantha thing yet but it's looking likely:
Maradona - yes
JT - yes
Bel-Cam - yes
Chaddy - yes
Chuxter - "ambivalent"
Figgy B - _______ (no comment yet)

Anybody else I'm forgetting?

I'll bring a white bantha gift and trade with whoever else does.

El Chuxter
02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
99% sure of yes. Let me check with my better(-looking) half and confirm she hasn't planned something without my knowledge. :)

JediTricks
02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I'll bring a white bantha gift and trade with whoever else does.Yes! I've got mine picked out already. Should we wrap 'em or bring 'em in opaque bags or something? The fun is in the reveal, I guess - I've never actually done White Elephant.

99% sure of yes. Let me check with my better(-looking) half and confirm she hasn't planned something without my knowledge. :)WTF? This timing was based on your schedule and only NOW are you checking with her? Yeesh, no wonder wives have to nag husbands! :p

Bel-Cam Jos
02-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Well, there's different versions. In one, you go down into a cellar, and the gun has just one bullet, so you-
WAIT! Wrong "game," sorry.

One version is just a simple exchange, no order involved, as long as you get a different gift than you arrived with (usually still wrapped or in a gift bag).
Another gives you a certain number (often no more than 2) of times where you can "steal" another person's gift (either in unopened boxes/bags guessing at what's the "cool" prize, or knowing what the item is and trade yours for it); by the end, you're stuck with whatever's left.
You can assign each bag/box a number, then someone picks a number to start and you go to the right or left from then.
I'd go with a simple put 'em on a table, you pick one that's not what you brung.

I'm stuck on which to bring: my dented Wal*Mart damaged E1 Chancellor Valorum with missing staff, or my 12-back 96%-graded vinyl cape Jawa. :decisions:

Chaddymac
02-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, there's different versions. In one, you go down into a cellar, and the gun has just one bullet, so you-
WAIT! Wrong "game," sorry.

One version is just a simple exchange, no order involved, as long as you get a different gift than you arrived with (usually still wrapped or in a gift bag).
Another gives you a certain number (often no more than 2) of times where you can "steal" another person's gift (either in unopened boxes/bags guessing at what's the "cool" prize, or knowing what the item is and trade yours for it); by the end, you're stuck with whatever's left.
You can assign each bag/box a number, then someone picks a number to start and you go to the right or left from then.
I'd go with a simple put 'em on a table, you pick one that's not what you brung.

I'm stuck on which to bring: my dented Wal*Mart damaged E1 Chancellor Valorum with missing staff, or my 12-back 96%-graded vinyl cape Jawa. :decisions:The way we played is we'd pick a number to assign order and then whoever was number 1 went first, picked a gift and got to open it. We all enjoy what the item is... of course, number 2 then gets to pick and if they don't like what they opened, they get to steal number 1's gift. Then number 3 gets to pick, and if they don't like what they got, they can exchange it for either 1 or 2's gift... and so on. So that the last person really gets their pick of the litter. And then, afterwards, you can try and trade with other people who might be willing to exchange for your item. In the end, the process is more fun than the actual gifting, which isn't the point anyway.

12-back vinyl jawa? dude, don't try to dump your old trash on us. That's not the point of this.

Geez....

:razz:

bikerscout
02-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Probably can't make it Sunday. Goin to an event at USC, my friend asked me a few weeks ago and now time has flown and it's already this wknd!
Sh. oaks TJ maxx had a few TF prime vehicons and a few other TF and marvel IM figs and odds & ends. Ross i went to later in Panr. city had nothing at all.
My Bond 50 bluray box set arrived from amazon today. Woohoo! Since i grabbed Skyfall on tues, I now have all 23 Bond flicks. Amazon has a good sale on those 2 items this week if anyone's interested. Tax refund coming soon, guess i bought my treats early ha. No regrets. The prices will not go any lower & if they do, it'll be a very long time.