PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

darkagent
05-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry if I had know I would have stashed them

No, it's cool. I'm all set with TAC Wave 2. Getting my EE order will be a bonus.

Commtech
05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
McFett and McStormie were just up on HTS for all of 5 min. Still plenty of Airbornes and Marines left.

Wow Snags! You are really good at catching when these go up. Too bad I always miss them.

I bet the F5 key marking is fading from all those refreshings you do!lol

Jango Speck
05-14-2007, 07:40 PM
http://break.com/index/600-dollars-worth-of-revenge.html

Tragic, painful, funny...

santosha
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
http://break.com/index/600-dollars-worth-of-revenge.html

Tragic, painful, funny...
The guy probably cried when he saw the clip, yes funny and not smart to sleep with your mates girlfriend

Tycho
05-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Oooo. I cringed. But I wonder if it was real? You could fake all that.

In fact if it was real revenge, I'd have faked it and sold the real item on eBay to walk away with the vengeance and possibly $1,000.

figrin bran
05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
bah! i don't want to hear about you guys scoring McFetts anymore! :p

Vi Cit Tecum
05-15-2007, 10:07 AM
I picked up 2 McFetts and saw 1 v-wing and 2 infiltrators

toonimator
05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Remnants of another case at Burbank Target today... picked up a new JLU 3-pack, finally! They actually had Stargirl/Parasite/Aquaman, but ONLY that as a sign of new stuff. Maybe it was there yesterday, I've fallen out of the habit of checking those pegs daily since there hasn't been anything 'new' since the Volcana set turned up well over a month ago (long after I'd seen several at a Wal-Mart).

Tycho
05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I picked up 2 McFetts and saw 1 v-wing and 2 infiltrators

Oh. PM with which store, please. I slept in until about 8:10 this morning. I've yet to go out hunting, but I need to run some errands anyway, so I'm going to go late and check the leftovers.

figrin bran
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
hopefully that Parasite/Stargirl pack shows up at other Targets too. i've been searching months for that one.

Commtech
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Remnants of another case at Burbank Target today...

Any Fetts?

Luuuuuuke
05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I went to Baldwin Park Wal-Mart this morning and they had a lot of the new Disney Cars. I didn't see "Tongue McQueen" and "Yeti"--assuming those are out. The pegs looked full and I got Tex Dinoco, RPM(one of the generic race cars) and Ferrari. They had quite a few of the last two. They had 2 Bling Bling Dinoco McQueens, but I passed. I also passed on Red Ramone, for now. Didn't see Dinoco Chick Hicks.

Pretty much nothing TAC related as far as Star Wars. Baldwin Park Target didn't have much new.

santosha
05-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Target at Culver city had TAC 2 less Bobbas and a SAGA wave on the pegs.

darkagent
05-15-2007, 02:34 PM
hopefully that Parasite/Stargirl pack shows up at other Targets too. i've been searching months for that one.

I found this 3 pack at Los Feliz TRU today. Was going to pick it up, but figured I'd wait for it to single carded w/ accessories. It was still on the shelf when I left. I did pick up a McFett and McStormtrooper.

Went to Eagle Rock Target late today and found remnants of TAC 2. They also had a V-Wing. Sith Infiltrator and several TAC packaged Mace Windu and Obi Wan Jedi Starfighters.

toonimator
05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I thought about passing on the Stargirl set, but it'll be a looooooong time before the trio are available single-carded (based on... well, EVERYONE lately... I'd think Etrigan would see a basic release before Stargirl) and there's not much in the way of accessories I'd really care for, besides Stargirl's Cosmic Rod (or whatever it's called now). What would Parasite come with, goofy binders that are too wide-set because of his lack of articulation? Or some funky 'straight-jacket' suit that fits over him (like ol' Martian-form J'onn J'onnz' outfit from a few years ago) that'd be a barrier of sorts to prevent him from sapping energy from others? Aquaman could have a trident, but I won't miss it. I may take a crack at sculpting the Rod & Trident for the heroes, plus Stargirl's paint is pretty crummy so she'll need some touch-ups.

There was one Fett, but it's spoken for. Surprised even to see one on the pegs if the case was put out last night!

I don't think tongue-McQueen or Yeti are out yet; I've seen reports of finding Tex Dinoco, Bling Bling McQueen, and RPM 64 though, and eBay auctions of 'em.

CrunchyNug
05-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Swung by Los Feliz TRU on my lunch-break and grabbed another McTrooper. Was surprised to see him sitting there so late in the day. Got another DST as well...then I had lunch.

Commtech
05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
There was one Fett, but it's spoken for.

Just curious, Toon.

Jango Speck
05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Burbank Target was a bust, so I called NoHo Target to have some Comic 2-Packs held at Customer Service. THey said that they had 3, confirmed it with backroom, and would hold them under my name. I show up, only to be told that they are collectibles and won't be pulled from the back. Nothing but smugness from her when I asked why they didn't tell me on the phone when I said I was driving over from Burbank, and why I heard them tell the backroom they wanted three, and the backroom said they had them and would bring them up. The lady was quite annoying. So, I went to the toy section, found a nice guy with a scanner and asked him to look it up. He brought back three (2 old, and one new set). I told him that I was hoping they had the Quinlan Vos and Obi Wan/Clone sets, and that I didn't want these three. He went to the back again (his offer, not my request), and brought back one of each of the ones I wanted. I thanked him repeatedly, then hung the oldies in the SW area. As I paid and walked past Guest Services, it took all of my strength to not flip them the finger. Patience pays off once again fellas...

P.S. That's the second time in 2 weeks that this location has lied to me on the phone. If they had just told me no on the phone, I wouldn't be so mad. So, no more Guest Services at NoHo, I'll just ask a nice guy in the store to help me. Also, they keep spreading the Lushros Dofine figs all over the pegs. I keep consolidating them, but they don't restock Saga anymore. Why would Burbank have so much Saga, but not NoHo?

Jango Speck
05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
If any of you guys are stashing at TRU in the bins above the SW section- you better watch out. THose are the most obvious places to find other people's stashes. I found a CW Gunship up there at lunch today (but I didn't take it).

Commtech
05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
If any of you guys are stashing at TRU in the bins above the SW section- you better watch out. THose are the most obvious places to find other people's stashes. I found a CW Gunship up there at lunch today (but I didn't take it).

LOL!! I had stashed that thing since last week. I'm surprised it has lasted.

Funny Money
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
TRU La Cienega had comic two packs. I picked up one each of Quinlan Vos and Obi Wan/Clone. Another collector was there and grabbed the other two. I passed on Luke/R2... even though I think the R2 looks cool as a comic book re-paint. They have that wacky repack case of TAC 2 on the pegs.
KMart at the Grove had the same TAC 2 Wack Pack. They had Marvel Leg. as well. I don't know much about those things but it looked like all were there except Thor. Anyone looking for those?

TheCivilCollector
05-15-2007, 09:12 PM
AAArrrgghhh!!!!! How are all you guys finding those McFetts!?!?! I can't find ANYTHING from that whole wave!

CrunchyNug
05-15-2007, 09:15 PM
If you notice, we usually post first thing in the morning just after the stores open - that's when you have to get there...and then there's the footrace to the pegs. Beating down those pesky scalpers can be rough on your aging joints!!!

Jango Speck
05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
McFetts have been up on the Hasbro site several times this week, along with the other high demand figures of the last few waves.

Commtech
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
AAArrrgghhh!!!!! How are all you guys finding those McFetts!?!?! I can't find ANYTHING from that whole wave!

Where are you located?

TheCivilCollector
05-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Where are you located?

Pasadena. Actually really close to the Lake/Colorado Target.

Turbowars
05-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Eagle Rock Target has 3 cases of the new vintage figures, go get them!! Make sure you call Customer Service and hound them and then talk to a manager and let them explain the store policy on collectables.

figrin bran
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM

that Lake/Colorado Target had wave 2 figures on saturday...i didn't see Fetts but i did see everything else.

I can't believe LF TRU actually got in new JLU 3 packs as they've been sitting on the same Luthor packs for months and months now. please please stash the Parasite/Stargirl/Aquaman set if you guys see it again.

i might be getting a McFett finally and i had to go to RS for help :p

darkagent
05-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Eagle Rock Target has 3 cases of the new vintage figures, go get them!! Make sure you call Customer Service and hound them and then talk to a manager and let them explain the store policy on collectables.

How did you find out that Eagle Rock Target has them? Were they on the pegs? They're customer service is notorious for being unfriendly/unhelpful.

Turbowars
05-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh I have my ways, Yeah they suck over there. At the end of it all I told the store Manager to F off, think that will help?:razz: If you really want to know, PM me.

darkagent
05-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh I have my ways, Yeah they suck over there. At the end of it all I told the store Manager to F off, think that will help?:razz: If you really want to know, PM me.

Ha Ha. Great, now they'll never put them out. :p

figrin bran
05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Come on Turbo, we've warned you about Smeagol Rock Target many many times. you just HAD to go and make things worse for us, didn't you? :p

Turbowars
05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Ha Ha. Great, now they'll never put them out. :p
No, that wont stop them, They will put them out for all of you, just not me.

Turbowars
05-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Come on Turbo, we've warned you about Smeagol Rock Target many many times. you just HAD to go and make things worse for us, didn't you? :p
Nothing could make that store worse. If anything I made it better by telling the $10 an hour manager how it is. :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Found the Vintage figures earlier today.

Tycho
05-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Also, they keep spreading the Lushros Dofine figs all over the pegs. I keep consolidating them, but they don't restock Saga anymore.

Don't "consolodate them."

Merchandise them. I have 8 pegs of Star Wars at my Target and 10 C-3PO Ewok dieties. I made sure each rack had different figures up front and Threepio was somewhere in each peg and only doubled up on 2 of the pegs.

The theory is that if he looks more rare, moms will buy him as he doesn't seem so undesirable. If he (or Lushros, or Jerjerrod) is all stacked up on one rack, casual customers think, "Geeze. That's not the one everyone wants to get."

I know the other theory is to show the employees: "see you only have one character - or THIS many of one character." But honestly, if the computer doesn't show enough sets of 12 figures (1 case) sold through, they can't really order more or do anything about it - and they can't or don't want to restock. (Can't if it's against policy or the figures just aren't in the store period. Won't if they're lazy or being jerks about it.)

figrin bran
05-16-2007, 12:27 AM
for those of us that have/will get shot down when DCPI'ing for the VTAC figs, they are *supposed* to be on the pegs the week of 5/27, just 12 days from now.

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Just got back from a complete smackdown at Eagle Rock. (Cue evil laughter Turbowars) I went to four different people and got the same "we can't bring it out/it's a collectable" garbage. I had a feeling that would happen, but you never know.

On the bright side, they have two V-wings, so get there tomorrow morning. They also had the new packaging for Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter. Also, the backroom guy basically promised me that the vintage stuff would get stocked tonight on the pegs, so please think of me if you go early and score them.

Turbowars
05-16-2007, 01:16 AM
I can not believe you drove over there after what I told you......lol

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I can not believe you drove over there after what I told you......lol

Like I told you, "I love a challenge"- plus there's nothing good on TV tonight, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Anyway, I just found a complete Vintage 2007 set on ebay, for $11.99 each plus $9.99 to ship the whole thing, so now I'm covered except for a few Hoth Stormtroopers.

figrin bran
05-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Just got back from a complete smackdown at Eagle Rock. (Cue evil laughter Turbowars) I went to four different people and got the same "we can't bring it out/it's a collectable" garbage. I had a feeling that would happen, but you never know.

On the bright side, they have two V-wings, so get there tomorrow morning. They also had the new packaging for Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter. Also, the backroom guy basically promised me that the vintage stuff would get stocked tonight on the pegs, so please think of me if you go early and score them.

so to repeat, "the week of 5/27" :p

they don't even have pegs for the VTAC, why would they put them out?

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 01:27 AM

I'm just documenting the campaign of lies...

Turbowars
05-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Like I told you, "I love a challenge"- plus there's nothing good on TV tonight, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Anyway, I just found a complete Vintage 2007 set on ebay, for $11.99 each plus $9.99 to ship the whole thing, so now I'm covered except for a few Hoth Stormtroopers.
I wouldn't call it a challenge, It's more like aggravation.

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I wouldn't call it a challenge, It's more like aggravation.

Yeah, I won't do that again...

I tried to talk to the guys and tell them that their "Collector Policy" ends up funneling most of the merchandise to the 8am scalper crowd, but they didn't seem to care- just blindly following store policy. I sure wish that they would stock during the day so that more people have a chance- afterall, they did midday stocking during ROTS. Don't get me started...

BlueSnags
05-16-2007, 02:10 AM
I'm just documenting the campaign of lies...

I'm with ya. Nothing but liars and inbreds working at that store. :thumbsup:

Tycho
05-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I won't do that again...

I tried to talk to the guys and tell them that their "Collector Policy" ends up funneling most of the merchandise to the 8am scalper crowd, but they didn't seem to care- just blindly following store policy. I sure wish that they would stock during the day so that more people have a chance- afterall, they did midday stocking during ROTS. Don't get me started...

OK, that mid-day thing is called "replenishing" in Target-terms. "Stocking" is the overnight business.

Now I am not a scalper but I am part of the 8am crowd. Why? I will not buy from scalpers or get "in-retail-circulation-items" off of eBay feeding any profit of someone like Headphones. If I need to army build (and I think I'm totally done doing that now), I especially want to get it done with as few trips to the retailers as possible (today's gas prices contributing a lot towards that goal's motivation - not to mention my time I'd rather spend doing something else). So if they stocked wave 2 up to at least 3 cases, I could have bought my 6 Death Star Troopers at retail (and come up with the 2 McFetts I still don't have) and then not gone back to the store for days or even weeks until wave 3 ships. So maybe I hoarded one day, but I'm not like a scalper going back there every day.

I just will buy them out at 8am so I don't have to keep going back. (I got my DSTs from HasbroToyShop anyway).

That being said, I think anyone else who is a collector (army builder or not) should have the 8am "all's stocked time" to count on. I sympathize if you can't be there because you literally have to be at school or work. But if you want to be sleeping or don't want to lose sleep getting up extra early to get your breakfast before a trip to Target prior to your workday, etc. - that's exactly what I have to go through to - so don't whine about it!!! :mad:
It sucks - but that's the way it's been for 12 years.

Yes during E3, the sales were so good and shipments kept coming in, that the stuff was there in the first place. Thus it could be brought out of the backroom and "replenished."

Oh, furthermore - if you're at my store at 8am - I will NOT run - unless some idiot there starts that nonsense (we're almost always just regulars at my stores though). And I'll share. If there are 6 Death Star Troopers there and 2 of us, I'll offer you half of them if you want that many, and buy all the rest until I'm done. If we both want 6, then we'll both have to make 2 successful trips. Odds are, I'll make friends with another COLLECTOR and help you out by taking a phone number and calling when I locate the rest. Hopefully, if you make it to the pegs before me, you're going to treat me with the equal amount of respect.

A SCALPER will do 2 things - they might share if they are cool about -and if they don't want to overload their own inventory (c'mon - they aren't making real money if they're scalping toys and thus they don't want to spend a lot to bolster stock they don't know they can move). Or they might be a jerk and hoarde everything without sharing (the signal they are really desperate).

In any case, because I don't like making repeative trips to the stores (especially the same ones in the same day), I like the 8am "Star Wars breakfast bell." When my Wal-Mart (used to open at 7am) switched to 24hr, I had to go and hang out for 2 hours while the stockers pulled freight out on their pallets from 10pm to midnight, and then slice the plastic open and snatch a product case if I saw anything I wanted. Instead of having access to exactly what I'd be buying, I was reading cardboard boxes all night.

During the Clone Wars era, that activity was largely responsible for me getting 90 (not joking) E2 SA Clones. (40 were for me - the rest were split up between my local guys Tony, James, Darren, Dexter, Mike, Jose - I don't remember who wanted what, but most wanted at least 10 from me, so 50 Clones didn't stretch too far). Anyway, I got physically sick living in Wal-Mart through the middle of the night.

Along those same lines, during the E3 mid-day replenishment era, when I had the time or the need for specific figures, I brought a book to read and camped out in the toy section until they replenished. Then I bought everything they brought out if I determined me or my friends I phoned needed the figures.

I had graduated college by that point and didn't work a conventional job. In fact, in real estate and financial planning, your clients get in touch with you on your cell phone and you make appointments as you can get them. Sometimes you earn thousands in commissions, but you aren't confined to having to stay at one work location. So just because they "replenished" Star Wars mid-day, didn't mean there couldn't be individuals like myself waiting to buy out everything they brought out. And now, I don't have to work because of my financial situation and my health concerns (though I need to be sleeping often - not lurking in retail isles). But there's not a whole lot of figures I'm buying these days.

2 more Quinlan /Villie 2-packs (I've got 6 now)
3 Elris Helrots
5 CZ-9s
2 Herme Odles
5 A'Sharad / Dark Woman 2-packs

Nothing like 40 SA Clones for myself alone. But I was willing to do what it took to get them. And I was never really enjoying the wait - just the drive home and going back to sleep with a huge bag of new figures next to my bed.

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Well Tycho, I'm not saying that everyone who goes to store openings is a scalper, but that is the best time to find all the scalpers in one place on a consistent basis. However, Target's policy is why collectors are forced to hit store openings. The insanity of pushing/shoving/running is solely because of this 8am dinner bell situation. I can forgive all of that for a "midnight madness" kind of thing, but in a non-movie year it's just ridiculous. The only saving grace is that after last year, I'm pretty confident that we'll see plenty of revision cases for months after something rare is released, and other opportunities on hasbro.com. Except for WM exclusives and the TRU Hunt For Grievous BP (which is coming back this year), I always found something later on that was HTF initially. Instant gratification is a pain in the A. 'Nuff Said!

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
New hasbrotoyshop.com coupon:

FNFSPR7 (25% off and free shipping)

darkagent
05-16-2007, 11:43 AM

Well, Eagle Rock Target was a bust today. No VTAC or anything else for that matter. Figrin's right, there's no pegs for them, so they won't put them out until the next reset. However, the 2 missing McFetts from yesterday showed up today and it doesn't look like a new case of TAC 2 was put out.

Figrin - I stashed one for you if you still need it, just PM me for the location.

Should've known I wasn't going to find anything, since I was the only person there at opening. Not even the usual Hot Wheels crowd was there. It is possible they might stock later on in the day. They were still having their employee morning meeting when I was checking out. Either that or they were reinforcing the "collector's policy" into their employees, in light of what happened yesterday. :yes:

Luuuuuuke
05-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Should've known I wasn't going to find anything, since I was the only person there at opening. Not even the usual Hot Wheels crowd was there.

Man, I thought I was the only guy who got an ironically bad feeling whenever I was one of the only people t here during opening. I have a feeling the most dedicated scalpers and collectors call customer service or the toy department before the stores open.

I'm not sweating the VTAC stuff. The price is a turnoff. Besides, I'm not too into the original trilogy figures anymore. I'm just looking for the wave 2 comic figures.

santosha
05-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Man, I thought I was the only guy who got an ironically bad feeling whenever I was one of the only people t here during opening. I have a feeling the most dedicated scalpers and collectors call customer service or the toy department before the stores open.

I'm not sweating the VTAC stuff. The price is a turnoff. Besides, I'm not too into the original trilogy figures anymore. I'm just looking for the wave 2 comic figures.
Nothing to report at the Targets in Culver city area. But I agree if Im the only one waiting for Target to open does it mean its a bust or I got lucky for a change.

Tycho
05-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Myself and 2 other nice Star Wars collectors had a good day at Target today.

I got my 7th and 8th Quinlan / Villie comic 2-pack. I'm finally done with these. The other guys had them already or didn't need / want any. We left Obi-Wan / Alphas and the Marvel Lukes on the pegs.

The VTAC came in. All of them were available to all of us except the last guy there. I had the last Leia, but I don't know that he wanted her. He left Luke and Han and Bossk and was going for Snowtroopers. I got Leia and IG-88 and I'll take 2 more IG's, but that's all I'm going to buy. The headsculpt quality has definitely gone down. Someone else must be contracted to sculpt these. Saga2 looks better than TAC and VTAC - but the Comic 2-packs have good figures nevertheless.

Luke Bespin looks alright, I should say. I didn't need him, but I spent a few minutes looking at him in the store. Han Hoth did not impress. Actually, his sculpt could be good. But I saw lousy paint jobs and his skin tone looked like he got anthrax from a TaunTaun. Leia's poncho was too dark, tan, and brown and should rather be bright green. Know what? If I see a vintage Leia Endor for sale, complete or otherwise (has to be loose) I might buy her to cannibalize her for her green poncho. It's really sad I'd have to do that for a figure I bought at the VTAC price. :rolleyes:

They had vehicles: SaeSee's Starfighter (AOTC), Mace's starfighter (ROTS), Vader's, Hailfire, Obi-Wan's TAC, V-wing, Sith Infiltrator, AAT Tank - quite a healthy assortment.

The Saga2 was there in force. Only Luke Yavin (from yesterday) was representing TAC. There's no Lushros at my store and only 1 or 2 Jerjerrods now, but C-3PO Ewok Diety is at a 10 count.

TARGET's RESET IS COMPLETE AT MY STORE. Transformers are going on the outermost isle. In the center is Star Wars, next to that, Marvel Legends, at the end is Spider-Man 3. Hasbro has a wall of wealth going there. The Transformers were not yet stocked (other than the Protoforms).

I got Transformers "Stackers" in the food section. I got Optimus Prime's crackers, Turkey, and American Cheese. BumbleBee comes with cheddar. I didn't intend to purchase this, but it was Optimus Prime's cheese, alright?
Anyway, with a product like "Stackers," don't you think Ultra Magnus would be the best Autobot to represent? (and Devastator for a Decepticon?) But neither of those two are in the new movie - hence my Optimus Prime all-American cheese. I think it comes with a happy meal type of Transformers toy too, but I just bought it because Optimus Prime was on the package and I was going to get some cheese anyway.

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Myself and 2 other nice Star Wars collectors had a good day at Target today.

I got my 7th and 8th Quinlan / Villie comic 2-pack. I'm finally done with these. The other guys had them already or didn't need / want any. We left Obi-Wan / Alphas and the Marvel Lukes on the pegs.

The VTAC came in. All of them were available to all of us except the last guy there. I had the last Leia, but I don't know that he wanted her.

Did you use the DPCI to find all of these, or were they on the pegs when you arrived?

Tycho
05-16-2007, 02:53 PM
On the pegs.

K M Toydarian
05-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi all.
Haven't been to many stores lately since I have most of TAC I want on order from EE, but was wondering, in lieu of Target's 11.99 pricetag for the VTAC, if it might be worth it to just order a case. I know I want 2 snowtroopers, and since the price is actually cheaper at Entertainment Earth than Target, I might as well.
Even if I do find them in stores eventually, I think I am discovering piece of mind to be worth more to me as the years go by.
Just a thought.
I also am hoping Disneyland will carry the SW Weekends Band Members. I would love to get a couple for the "stage".
Have to head up to Valencia tonight so I will check out Wal-Mart up there for anything interesting, haven't done that in a while.

darkagent
05-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi all.
Haven't been to many stores lately since I have most of TAC I want on order from EE, but was wondering, in lieu of Target's 11.99 pricetag for the VTAC, if it might be worth it to just order a case. I know I want 2 snowtroopers, and since the price is actually cheaper at Entertainment Earth than Target, I might as well.
Even if I do find them in stores eventually, I think I am discovering piece of mind to be worth more to me as the years go by.
Just a thought.

You're right, I was holding off from ordering from EE because I thought Target(retail) was going to be $9.99. But at $11.99, I'm going to just place an order with EE today and cut down the hunting to just a couple extra Snowtroopers. I just hope I'll get the order soon and not a couple months from now.

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 05:20 PM
You're right, I was holding off from ordering from EE because I thought Target(retail) was going to be $9.99. But at $11.99, I'm going to just place an order with EE today and cut down the hunting to just a couple extra Snowtroopers. I just hope I'll get the order soon and not a couple months from now.

The thing with EE preorders is that if you don't order the same month that it is first offered, you won't get your order until way after they hit retail. I always end up finding things at retail, then cancelling my EE cases.

K M Toydarian
05-16-2007, 05:58 PM
The thing with EE preorders is that if you don't order the same month that it is first offered, you won't get your order until way after they hit retail. I always end up finding things at retail, then cancelling my EE cases.
I don't think I'll mind waiting a little bit, as long as they do fulfill the order. I would be hesitant to order some of the revision cases that show up from time to time, as those are the ones that seem to get cancelled or become unavailable from Hasbro down the road. I remember some TSC or ROTS case assortments that ended up being cancelled on their website.
I know it will be tempting to snag them in store if I see them, but being assured 2 snowtroopers will be worth it.
I know I wasn't able to find a Scout Trooper until many months after the last batch of Vintage hit. So it'll probably just mean holding out on having the easier to find figures early, and save me from the nervous panic (albeit sometimes exhilarating) A.M. hunt - and gas.

JediTricks
05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
the leader class Optimus Prime is going to be awesome and have metal parts similar to the old school TF toys. They're also releasing a more complex Bumblebee that will be a little larger than the deluxe models out now. The deluxe class out now is pretty weak I agree.Leader-class Prime is indeed awesome, but has no metal parts. Check out my review with pics & vids: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=21&p2_articleid=1306

Ultimate Bumblebee is $90, like a foot or more tall, transforms, plays music, and dances, so it's a bit of a headscratcher. I don't know of any other regular Bumblebee figure that's not a deluxe - there's 2, '76 Camaro Bumblebee and '08 Camaro Bumblebee, but both are dlx.

Deluxe Swindle is really bad, I foolishly bought him 2 days ago at Target West Hollywood, but he's not the norm for dlx either.

Nothing to report at the Targets in Culver city area. But I agree if Im the only one waiting for Target to open does it mean its a bust or I got lucky for a change.Unfortunately, not in that neighborhood, Big Lou's collectibles across the street from TRU has corrupted that area's stores very badly. :upset:

Turbowars
05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, Eagle Rock Target was a bust today. No VTAC or anything else for that matter. Figrin's right, there's no pegs for them, so they won't put them out until the next reset. However, the 2 missing McFetts from yesterday showed up today and it doesn't look like a new case of TAC 2 was put out.

Figrin - I stashed one for you if you still need it, just PM me for the location.

Should've known I wasn't going to find anything, since I was the only person there at opening. Not even the usual Hot Wheels crowd was there. It is possible they might stock later on in the day. They were still having their employee morning meeting when I was checking out. Either that or they were reinforcing the "collector's policy" into their employees, in light of what happened yesterday. :yes:Live and learn.

Commtech
05-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Burbank and Noho Target don't have the new VTAC figures yet, not even in the stockroom.

BlueSnags
05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Drove over to NoHo Target on my lunch break today and I noticed Boxcar Willie walking along the side of the road, looking as unruly as ever. Does he even own a car (besides Hot Wheels, of course - I know he owns plenty of those)? It appeared that he was walking to Target. Pathetic.

Jango Speck
05-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Drove over to NoHo Target on my lunch break today and I noticed Boxcar Willie walking along the side of the road, looking as unruly as ever. Does he even own a car (besides Hot Wheels, of course - I know he owns plenty of those)? It appeared that he was walking to Target. Pathetic.

Isn't Boxcar Willie the buddy of Plumber Bob? If so, then he drives a white Scion shoebox car. He always drives it on morning runs to Target and Kmart.

Tycho
05-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Those squares on wheels are kind of pathetic, too. It looks like their designer was trying to re-invent the mail truck. :rolleyes:

It's actually worse than a Hummer.

santosha
05-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Target on Jefferson in Culver City had all the new TAC vehicles including repackages and looks like they opened another Saga Box.

toonimator
05-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Anyone in desperate need of an opener Fett? Burbank Target put out another case, but it was THRASHED. One Biggs looked like it'd been stepped on, card & bubble buckling in places. One of the Fetts was in okay condition, one was also thrashed to the point where it fell open when I pulled it off the peg, only the bottom of the bubble's attached. What's weirder, the coin was stolen! The figure's fine, so I stashed it. Target may even give a discount since it's in such bad shape.

santosha
05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Moff Tarkin Character Key is now up

BlueSnags
05-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Moff Tarkin Character Key is now up

Just pre-ordered myself a Tarkin. Cha-ching!

toonimator
05-17-2007, 06:52 PM
My R2-D2 Character Key and remote-control weathered R2-D2 arrived yesterday from SWS. Disappointed to find out R2's beeps & whistles were in the remote, not in the droid, but he's still fun to move around :)

figrin bran
05-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Anyone in desperate need of an opener Fett? Burbank Target put out another case, but it was THRASHED. One Biggs looked like it'd been stepped on, card & bubble buckling in places. One of the Fetts was in okay condition, one was also thrashed to the point where it fell open when I pulled it off the peg, only the bottom of the bubble's attached. What's weirder, the coin was stolen! The figure's fine, so I stashed it. Target may even give a discount since it's in such bad shape.

i'll take it for an opener!

BlueSnags
05-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Picked up an Order 66 Airborne Trooper pack at Target tonight for $6.98.:thumbsup:

Commtech
05-18-2007, 02:16 AM
where Mr. Snags?

toonimator
05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
I caved and bought the Shocktrooper Order 66 pack this morning at Burbank. All they've got are Shocktroopers & AT-RTs, $6.98. Palpatine's junk, but the head & cloak may come in handy.

santosha
05-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Target La Cienega had nothing this morning, Jefferson had the vintage set and yes at 11.99 they are a little steep, picked up a set as it works at better once I added shipping with my online order. Also new package of Vehicles, but they were moving stock around, setting up a large area for Transformers. The Star Wars section was now squashed between Spidey and the Transformers.

BlueSnags
05-18-2007, 12:06 PM
where Mr. Snags?

Burbank Target:whip:

JediTricks
05-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Target Pasadena 1-story had 3 of the VTSC2 just strewn about the aisles, so I got them. IG-88, Bossk, and Han Hoth - none of which are very good in person.

Target Pasadena 2-story had wave 2 TAC minus Fett.

BlueSnags
05-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Target Pasadena 1-story had 3 of the VTSC2 just strewn about the aisles, so I got them. IG-88, Bossk, and Han Hoth - none of which are very good in person.

Target Pasadena 2-story had wave 2 TAC minus Fett.

Wow. I thought the Bossk and IG were awesome. Slightly disappointed in the Han (would've been better if they would've included the hood-up head), but they are all great figures. What was it that you didn't like about them?

CrunchyNug
05-18-2007, 05:12 PM
What was it that you didn't like about them?

Are you kidding? This is JT you're talking to...he's one of the pickiest collectors around!!!:lipsrsealed:

stillakid
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
IG-88, Bossk, and Han Hoth - none of which are very good in person.

Maybe buy them each a drink and loosen them up a bit. :love:

JediTricks
05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow. I thought the Bossk and IG were awesome. Slightly disappointed in the Han (would've been better if they would've included the hood-up head), but they are all great figures. What was it that you didn't like about them?My first impressions last night were pretty far off for the bounty hunters and can be ignored, Han Hoth just kinda made me focus on the negatives because he is so disappointing, the bounty hunters suffered because of it. I just posted reviews of all 3 figs today and gave Bossk an "A" and IG-88 an "A-".
VTSC2 Han Hoth review (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35082)
VTSC2 Bossk review (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35084)
VTSC2 IG-88 review (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35083)

Are you kidding? This is JT you're talking to...he's one of the pickiest collectors around!!!:lipsrsealed:I see how it is... you suck! :p

Jango Speck
05-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Does anyone have any extra Appo's ? I'm planning on opening them, so card/bubble condition means nothing.

figrin bran
05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
i picked up another order 66 Galactic Marine and Airborne tonight mostly because something that was stashed for me wasn't there anymore :cry:

BlueSnags
05-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Picked up four Tantive IV Battle Packs for $4.98 each today from Target. :bandit:

wampaslayr
05-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Nothing new found in the Santa Clarita area today. Target had all TAC2 minus Fett and had one V-Wing and Infiltrator and a few clearanced Order 66 Packs. TRU had TAC1 again minus any clones or McStormie. Stevenson Ranch WalMart had all of the Wave 10 Saga Collection if anyone still needs those figures. They also had the collectible tins on clearance for $10 but all they had were the ROTJ set.

metaljedi
05-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Was able to pick up a set and a couple extra of the Vintage figures today at TRU.

JediTricks
05-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Picked up four Tantive IV Battle Packs for $4.98 each today from Target. :bandit:

Was able to pick up a set and a couple extra of the Vintage figures today at TRU.If you guys don't tell us WHERE, it's just bragging. :p

Jango Speck
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
The customer service desk at Burbank TRU has a set of comic packs under the counter marked "On Hold". Funny how none were on the pegs...

figrin bran
05-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the comic book pack Speck!

and thanks for the McFett stash, Toonimator. i got them to lower the price by 10%.

every store i visited was a bust today with Crenshaw WM and La Cienega having the worst SW sections. LC Target has zero basic figures on the pegs!

Tycho
05-19-2007, 08:21 PM
I love to LIST stuff. I swear - I must be developing some kind of mild autism or something. But it feels like if I was taking a break to do something like a crossword puzzle - but I don't do those. Instead, I love Star Wars. So I make some kind of mild challenge out of listing stuff about Star Wars and posting it here like graffitti.

That being said, here's another LIST of what's hanging at my store (Target):

Saga 8 pegs:

R2D2 x 4
General Rieekan x 4
Sora Bulq x 2
Yoda x 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi x 2 (ROTS)
Moff Jerjerrod x 2
C-3PO (Ewok Diety) x 10
Luke Skywalker (Endor) X 1
Rebel Trooper (white) x 2
Rebel Trooper (black) x 2
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) x 4

There seems to be a few more figures than I listed. This is only 4.5 figures per peg and it's more like 6 in most cases, but the figures are from the list above.

TAC: (2 pegs)

Obi-Wan Kenobi x 1
R2D2 x 1
Luke Yavin x 3
Han Pilot x 2

These figures above seem to be holding and not moving for several days now.

Oh, they have several vehicles:

Hailfire
Vader's Jedi Starfighter
SaeSee Tiin's fighter

I think that's it and the others sold. There was some of every kind. But a guy who looks like me kept getting all the v-wings and they somehow wind up in my apartment. :D (I'm done now and have probably passed up 4-6 of them by now).

metaljedi
05-19-2007, 09:29 PM
If you guys don't tell us WHERE, it's just bragging. :p

Sorry. TRU in Fontana.

Commtech
05-19-2007, 10:12 PM
If you guys don't tell us WHERE, it's just bragging. :p

I hear ya. They keep doing that here. What is the purpose of letting us know then? Do they want a medal?:cross-eye

Luuuuuuke
05-20-2007, 12:23 PM
They must have put out two cases of TAC 2 at W. Covina Target. I got the one McFett there(so I could pose another with alternate head). I'll stash any more I see.

Order 66 must be on clearance because I saw about 6 Thire sets at W. Covina for $6.98. Nothing else. And at Baldwin Park Target, I saw a guy with a cart full of the cylinders(and the DPCI did not list any on stock or on the aisles).

I have yet to see any new comic packs. I'm only interested in Obi Wan and Luke ones.

Turbowars
05-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I hear ya. They keep doing that here. What is the purpose of letting us know then? Do they want a medal?:cross-eye
LOL, yeah it's mostly bragging, but it's also to keep the scalpers at bay. PM for the info if you must know.;)

BlueSnags
05-20-2007, 05:30 PM

Now you know that area Targets have marked down BPs again. That was the purpose of my post. You have gained information. Which Target I found them was not important. The store at which I found them is now cleaned out. I bought them all.

Besides, if for some strange reason I didn't buy them all, and I listed the specific store, what are the chances that you're going to get there before someone else who reads the same info? Slim.

If someone ever wants specific store info, just shoot me a PM.;)

figrin bran
05-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Speck, was that mechanic dude at TRU on saturday the infamous Plumber Bob?

JediTricks
05-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't realize we were dealing with military secrets here. Next time it's asked, just keep saying "the Death Star plans are not in the main computer!" Yeesh! Talk about delusions of grandeur, like scalpers really are homing in on every word we utter. :p

Anyway, I spotted VTSC2 Leia and most of TAC wave 2 at *location withheld* yesterday, picked up Leia.

*TRU monrovia

Commtech
05-20-2007, 07:51 PM
I didn't realize we were dealing with military secrets here. Next time it's asked, just keep saying "the Death Star plans are not in the main computer!" Yeesh! Talk about delusions of grandeur, like scalpers really are homing in on every word we utter. :p

Anyway, I spotted VTSC2 Leia and most of TAC wave 2 at *location withheld* yesterday, picked up Leia.

*TRU monrovia

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Tycho
05-20-2007, 07:53 PM
I met two new Star Wars collectors at Target this morning. Actually one guy I speak with maybe once a week now is probably reading this, as he lurks here but doesn't feel like posting as of yet. Who knows? I think he might join just to open up one more avenue of communication with some San Diego collectors via PM. However, Target had nothing.

So 3 of us stood around wondering whether Target will clearance the Saga2 stuff at the end of the month as that sku dies - or if they have so much of it in their warehouses (and even Hasbro's), that it will be pooring out of there all summer and TAC will be terribly delayed.

All the space and pegs set up for Transformers remained empty. There's a huge wall or red -(the color of the isle backboards) that goes maybe 10 pegs wide and 4 pegs high. They don't even have the protoforms out. My guess is that the employees might be so non-comprehending that they think they can't even put more protoforms out, let alone whatever stuff Hasbro has now authorized prior to June 2nd. Ah well, that's 10 more days they can lose money. :rolleyes:

I went to Toys R Us just to see if I could take a look. Nothing there either. They do have buy 2 get 1 free for POTC and I'm thinking of locking up some more figures for SW background use. But that darn Black Pearl keeps calling to me and I might buy a limited number of Pirate figures to set up with it. In general, I'm not really a toy enthusiast (cough-cough).

OK, Star Wars is a 12 year old bad habit by now. Let's leave that out of it for a moment.

13 - the number of very select Transformers I have - only certain Alts and MPEs. I probably won't buy the movie stuff, but wait for products that cater to the movie but resemble my favored toy series. Alt BumbleBee and Barricade would rock, as would MPE Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Brawl.

Star Trek - it's limited and distribution is relegated to SunCoast and Comic Shops, etc. - but the Diamond / ArtAsylum stuff still holds me.

McFarlane Terminator stuff - there wasn't much of it - but I like that stuff. I wanted a Kyle Reese figure, as well as a T1 Sarah Conner, or non-damaged T1 Terminator in punk rock gear. But I don't think we'll ever see that.

And that's it. That's why I also don't really want to get into POTC stuff either. Waterworld once really tempted me, too. But I resisted. But doing "water based" displays sound really cool - though POTC's quality totally surpasses Kenner's Waterworld stuff.

Anyway, Sears Essentials got TAC Wave 2 revision case in but I missed the good stuff. They had Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Lava Miner, Mace, R2D2, and Super Battle Droid. They also had the coin album with Vader - probably 9 of them at least.

Luuuuuuke
05-20-2007, 08:15 PM
city of Commerce Target had plenty of clearance Order 66. All of the sets, though Thire seemed to be the most common and the Airborne set the least common. $6.98. I didn't get any.

Jango Speck
05-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Speck, was that mechanic dude at TRU on saturday the infamous Plumber Bob?

Yes, in the flesh! I love it when he shows up with greased back hair and 5 o'clock shadow.

Anyway, the single story Target in Pasadena had VTAC today, but when the guy brought them to customer service, he dropped off two Leia's and then ran off. I didn't get a chance to ask where the rest of the case was. I went to the Lake Ave. Pasadena Target and got the grandaddy of crappy excuses: "The system says there are none in the entire area, and that covers like 50 miles." I told him that I just found two at the other store and he told me that they were probably recent returns of old stock and that they weren't in the system anymore. I told him they were brand new items and he shrugged. I asked another employee to help me look for them and she was extremely annoyed with me- told me that the scanner was wrong (it said backroom yes). So, I quit for the day. Stopped by a comic shop and saw Roron Corobb in the flesh- very nice, can't wait to get mine in the mail. Also saw a GG C3PO bust that was pretty tasty.

figrin bran
05-20-2007, 09:21 PM
That's classic, Speck. you caught them in a lie and they just shrug! :p
you're talking about the GG Roron Corrob maquette, right? can't wait to get mine!

i reserve the right to withhold store locations as well ;)

BlueSnags
05-20-2007, 09:36 PM
That's classic Speck. you caught them in a lie and they just shrug! :p
you're talking about the GG Roron Corrob maquette, right? can't wait to get mine!

That Target on Lake Ave in Pasadena is the worst when it comes to lying. They make up some really outlandish stuff when it comes to SW. They don't like to sell merchandise to paying customers - they'd rather lie instead. Strange.

Commtech
05-20-2007, 09:52 PM

Ok, no more locations info from me as well.

This is now the "L.A area Just Found and Brag" forum. :D

Jango Speck
05-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok, no more locations info from me as well.

This is now the "L.A area Just Found and Brag" forum. :D

For the last couple of years, we've been keeping specific stores hush hush due to unsavory lurkers on the forum. There is a very active PM system that we use on a regular basis- I suggest you check it out.

Commtech
05-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I know, I know... I'm just joking!! Sheesh... Have a little sense of humor guys.:D

(although there IS some "nah, nah, na-na I found it first" going on.)

Tycho
05-20-2007, 10:51 PM
For the last couple of years, we've been keeping specific stores hush hush due to unsavory lurkers on the forum. There is a very active PM system that we use on a regular basis- I suggest you check it out.

Did any of you guys find those extremely rare VHTF Lushros Dofines, Moff Jerjerrods, or the golden C-3POs in the chairs? :D

I hear they're commanding a fortune on eBay!

figrin bran
05-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Did any of you guys find those extremely rare VHTF Lushros Dofines, Moff Jerjerrods, or the golden C-3POs in the chairs? :D

I hear they're commanding a fortune on eBay!

couldn't find any Jerjerrods this weekend! i'm willing to trade 2 McQuarrie Stormtroopers for one!

Jango Speck
05-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Hasbrotoyshop.com has McStormie's in stock now.

Commtech
05-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Crap! Missed it again! %&(^%%#&:cry::twisted:

Jango Speck
05-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Crap! Missed it again! %&(^%%#&:cry::twisted:

Maybe I should've kept the location a secret?:whip:

BlueSnags
05-21-2007, 01:25 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

-Snags

Commtech
05-21-2007, 01:34 AM

Nah, I checked 1 hour after your posting. That's enough time for "regular" buyers to finish with all of them.

Is the 25%/free shipping coupon still working?

K M Toydarian
05-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Just ordered an EpIII Cinemacast Vader statue from Hasbrotoyshop for 26.24 shipped! Happened to look on the New to Hasnrotoyshop section - Star Wars, and there it was. The code still works too - FNFSPR7 25% off and free shipping. Unfortunately no newer figures, but got an extra lava miner, a couple of on sale SW Transformers, and a couple figure case packs. Can't beat it!

Commtech
05-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Found another McFett and the new titaniums. Got the new Titanium V-Wing which looks awesome and Plo-Koon's clone wars starfighter w/ hyperdrive ring. They painted it purple instead of blue, so it looks more like Mace's starfighter from clone wars.:cross-eye There was also a B-wing with the new orange deco and clone tank with snow deco.

darkagent
05-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Just ordered an EpIII Cinemacast Vader statue from Hasbrotoyshop for 26.24 shipped! Happened to look on the New to Hasnrotoyshop section - Star Wars, and there it was. The code still works too - FNFSPR7 25% off and free shipping.

Thanks for the heads up KM. Just placed my order. I'm so glad that I didn't buy this when it first came out for $100.

santosha
05-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Nothing to report on the Secret Targets that I visit quite often on my journey to a place of employment that is far far away from my house. Did check anything this weekend took it off to take a breath before Celeb IV.
But based on what I you guys are saying this forum is no good anymore as a way of communicating with fellow collectors?
If that is the case I am sad.

toonimator
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Yesterday I hit Kmart after nothing at Target; comic packs! Thanks to whoever the guy was that handed me the ARC pack from the bottom shelf (only 2 were there, with 3 or 4 Lukes and around 6 Quinlans). So I got all 3 sets. Disappointed in Quinlan due to the rubbery blaster, rubbery hilt, and lopsided legs. Villie's bent blaster straightened nicely after a bit of time in his holster... had to pick that set since it's the only one where Quinlan's knuckles didn't have sloppy paint. The ARC's nice but that helmet's a snug fit, would definitely like a couple more. Picked up the Vader & Mace Order 66s at Target Saturday. The Saleucami BP I ordered from eBay also showed up Friday! Now I'm feeling cloned out!

Jango Speck
05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Nothing to report on the Secret Targets that I visit quite often on my journey to a place of employment that is far far away from my house. Did check anything this weekend took it off to take a breath before Celeb IV.
But based on what I you guys are saying this forum is no good anymore as a way of communicating with fellow collectors?
If that is the case I am sad.

OK, this "secret" stuff is getting misunderstood and out of hand. This is still THE best thread for L.A. finds. The thing is that we are a salty and sarcastic bunch. We also don't like scalpers and lurkers who take advantage of our free flowing communication, so from time to time we stop giving specific information to the group. PMs are always a great way to get specific help. If it's something that's not too hard to find, then we don't keep it a secret. Basically, if you can be a somewhat regular contributor and can offer help when you can, you'll get nothing but gratitude from the rest of us. Then again, we like to keep our numbers low so that we have a fighting chance of finding our precious toys at retail. :D

santosha
05-21-2007, 02:48 PM
OK, this "secret" stuff is getting misunderstood and out of hand. This is still THE best thread for L.A. finds. The thing is that we are a salty and sarcastic bunch. We also don't like scalpers and lurkers who take advantage of our free flowing communication, so from time to time we stop giving specific information to the group. PMs are always a great way to get specific help. If it's something that's not too hard to find, then we don't keep it a secret. Basically, if you can be a somewhat regular contributor and can offer help when you can, you'll get nothing but gratitude from the rest of us. Then again, we like to keep our numbers low so that we have a fighting chance of finding our precious toys at retail. :D
Jango
You are right that this is the best thread for LA and I have noticed you regulars can be a salty and sarcastic bunch which I think is fine.
I have felt that saltiness at times but felt that you guys have been chatting away for a long time . I was turned on to this web site by a fellow collector thru word of mouth and my son and I enjoy the chats and adding information when ever we can. I know it might be tough but if at least a few people on the board can get together for a beer at Celeb IV and put a name to a face, people wont look strange at each other in stores and believe that if I dont know you the you must be a scalper.
Thanks for listening

toonimator
05-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I didn't recognize the guy at Kmart yesterday who handed me the Obi-Wan/ARC pack, or his buddy who joined him a bit later. Since he handed me the 2nd ARC set, the "hot" one of the new wave, I figured "not a scalper" and overheard them chatting about painting figures while I was in the next aisle. I think that sealed the "no scalper" judgment :)

JediTricks
05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I forgot to mention, on Saturday I spotted the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter in the new TAC box (the front is green, stands out like a sore thumb from all the rest) at WM Duarte and Target Pasadena 2-story.

I could really use a stashing on a Titanium V-wings! I don't even know what retailers to look for them at.

Tycho
05-21-2007, 05:30 PM
I know it might be tough but if at least a few people on the board can get together for a beer at Celeb IV and put a name to a face, people wont look strange at each other in stores and believe that if I dont know you the you must be a scalper.
Thanks for listening

That was a lot of fun at Celebration 3 in Indiana (we chose TGI Fridays for our spot). I might be able to drive up on Sunday night if you guys are getting together then. (I suspect the convention might close early on Sunday - but might not. Isn't Monday "Memorial Day," thus there's still a con on Monday?

Anyway, Saturday night for me is a Queensryche concert down here in San Diego and I don't want to be too tired to miss it. Long drives and a lot of walking take its toll on me these days.

Meanwhile, I was offered the chance to go for FREE on Thursday using my best friend's guest pass, but I think it will be too much. He's offering for me to leave my truck in Oceanside and he'll drive the rest of the way, then drop me off in OS when he returns to Temecula where he's staying with his brother. I don't think I'm going to do it though. You have to go too early to beat traffic, and probably leave to late. I need to take naps somewhere or I get more nauscious than I usually do. I've done 3 Cons before - all lead-ins to movies. This one doesn't lead in to anything such. Furthermore, my buddy is an autograph hound and at every Celebration - we've gone together to all the others - he brings piles of stuff to sign. He probably has almost every Star Wars action figure autographed - maybe even having paid for Harrison Ford's and Liam Neeson's (not sure on that, as I don't have a huge appreciation for autographs myself - but that's his thing so more power to him.) Still, if he takes me, it would only be right to keep him company.

He lurks on the boards I think - but he doesn't really post. So he hasn't likely any interest in meeting you all. He's an army-builder and hoards, so I don't think he likes making friends with others he sees as competition. That's my guess. But he and I have managed to be friends for 12 years. But he won't be staying up in LA to go for steaks and beers after the con. I'll need him to drop me off in OS and then I'm sure he'll go to bed early so he can be the first in line for the Con the next day. At C3 - he'd leave our hotel room at 4 in the morning and drag his wife with him! I find it easier to get in those things AFTER everyone else has, thus I don't wait in any line. With my particular strategy, I slept in and "the last waits the least." If they let everyone in at 10am - showing up at 11am means there'll be no wait. :D

Plus our hotel had complimentary breakfast - just starting at 7am, not at 4am. So we have different styles. Plus I stay out late at night and take a cab back to the hotel at the other celebrations (well twice I rented a car while there). But that makes it all the more fun. My hobby's not standing in lines at obscene hours. But hey, that's just me.

Jango Speck
05-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Jango
I know it might be tough but if at least a few people on the board can get together for a beer at Celeb IV and put a name to a face, people wont look strange at each other in stores and believe that if I dont know you the you must be a scalper.
Thanks for listening

Sure thing...I'll be going from Thursday through Sunday, so if we can work something out, that would be great. I may go home in the evenings for dinner though- but perhaps I can hang out for dinner one night.

P.S. I received my two Hasbro orders today. Too bad they were ordered with the old coupon, before the free shipping one.

Commtech
05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I could really use a stashing on a Titanium V-wings! I don't even know what retailers to look for them at.

K-mart Burbank is where I found them. I'll stash if I see more.

darkagent
05-22-2007, 02:17 AM
I didn't recognize the guy at Kmart yesterday who handed me the Obi-Wan/ARC pack, or his buddy who joined him a bit later. Since he handed me the 2nd ARC set, the "hot" one of the new wave, I figured "not a scalper" and overheard them chatting about painting figures while I was in the next aisle. I think that sealed the "no scalper" judgment :)

That was a buddy and myself. We were at Eagle Rock Target that morning when another buddy told us he just came from K-Mart and they had plenty comic 2 packs. :razz:

Jango Speck
05-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm confused: on one side of the F&F passes, it says "Coupons are not day or time specific" and has a big MAY 24-28 2007 label at the top. On the other side, it says "These coupons can be used for: Entrance to the CC on Exclusive Fan Club Day"

Does this mean I can bring a friend/family member on ANY day during the weekend, or just FanClub day? I have a four day pass.

darkagent
05-22-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm confused: on one side of the F&F passes, it says "Coupons are not day or time specific" and has a big MAY 24-28 2007 label at the top. On the other side, it says "These coupons can be used for: Entrance to the CC on Exclusive Fan Club Day"

Does this mean I can bring a friend/family member on ANY day during the weekend, or just FanClub day? I have a four day pass.

I think it means, you can use it to bring your F&F to any of the Fan Club only events (like the Lounge) happening through out the con including the Fan Club Day. But you can only use it once per event.

K M Toydarian
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
I think it means, you can use it to bring your F&F to any of the Fan Club only events (like the Lounge) happening through out the con including the Fan Club Day. But you can only use it once per event.

As well as they have to have their own ticket to get into the Con to begin with, as far I know.

toonimator
05-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Got my HTS order yesterday, but they forgot to ship the Yavin Luke! It's on the invoice & everything, but only 3 figures inside. Argh. I think they did this once before (or maybe it was Amazon) and shipped the rest separate, so I'll give it another day...

Jango Speck
05-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Got my HTS order yesterday, but they forgot to ship the Yavin Luke! It's on the invoice & everything, but only 3 figures inside. Argh. I think they did this once before (or maybe it was Amazon) and shipped the rest separate, so I'll give it another day...

Just grab a Yavin Luke at Target and ask for a refund.

So guys, does the F&F coupon allow me to bring a guest on Saturday (for example) who didn't buy a ticket?

darkagent
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Just grab a Yavin Luke at Target and ask for a refund.

So guys, does the F&F coupon allow me to bring a guest on Saturday (for example) who didn't buy a ticket?

No, you have to also have a ticket for the con. The F&F coupon will only allow them to enter Fan Club exclusive events at the con if they're not Fan Club members.

santosha
05-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Nothing to report in the Culver City area Targets, it seems strange that Target doesnt want to take advantage of the 30th Anniversary.
As for Celeb IV my son and I will be there every day, looking forward to meeting any salty dogs that make it.

Jango Speck
05-22-2007, 01:54 PM
No, you have to also have a ticket for the con. The F&F coupon will only allow them to enter Fan Club exclusive events at the con if they're not Fan Club members.

Damn, oh well, at least my daughter is under 6, therefore free.

darkagent
05-22-2007, 03:52 PM
TRU put out a case of VTAC and a case of Comic 2 packs today. D. Sanchez and I split the VTAC case. Best of all, the figures were only $9.99.

Funny Money
05-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Found a lone Vos comic pack at TRU La Cienega... er, I mean... a certain toy store... somewhere in the LA area... Just kidding, I did stash it for any one who needs it. PM me.

Funny Money
05-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Any takers on this?

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=850

figrin bran
05-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Any takers on this?

yep! got mine this morning.

Jango Speck
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
I requested a badge yesterday, but have not received any response.

santosha
05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Any takers on this?

Just clicked to get one, La Cienaga Target had one box of wave 2 TAC on the shelf. Already have it so it was there at 8.30pm. Nothing else to report, looking forward to tomorrow, especially when you have a 12 year old son who is bouncing off the walls for it to begin.

santosha
05-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I requested a badge yesterday, but have not received any response.
Just got mine now to laminate it

Jango Speck
05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Does anyone need a Friends and Family pass for CIV on Thursday? I have extras, and will be offering them up on other sites too. I'll be there in the morning, so we can meet up in line.

Commtech
05-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Does anyone need a Friends and Family pass for CIV on Thursday? I have extras, and will be offering them up on other sites too. I'll be there in the morning, so we can meet up in line.

Hey, Speck. Just pmd you. I'll take one pass. Thanks.

Jango Speck
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey, Speck. Just pmd you. I'll take one pass. Thanks.

You got it!

swabie2424
05-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Picked up my wave 2 6-pack from EE this morning. Yup, behind all of you as always.

C4 here I come! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

K M Toydarian
05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Picked up my wAve 2 case yesterday from EE. Still have not seen Boba in stores, or more than one Guard, so I am glad I am going this route. Kind of sucks though that for a while the new McQuarries will only be 1 per case though, I have to resort to hunting again for openers.

Bought the Master Replicas Wedge Helmet yesterday to compliment my Riddell collection. He's still available to CS members, then generally tomorrow.
TRU Los Feliz has lots of ATAT and Dagobah X-wings.

Jango Speck
05-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Well, I'll be heading over to CIV at around 11am tomorrow. Hope to see you guys there!

figrin bran
05-23-2007, 11:55 PM
looks like some of our local dealers like "rhymes with big boo's" and "rhymes with smecho ace" will be selling their stuff at CIV :(

Commtech
05-24-2007, 12:34 AM
looks like some of our local dealers like "rhymes with big boo's" and "rhymes with smecho ace" will be selling their stuff at CIV :(

Oh yeah, definitely. I hate to say it, but without them, there wouldn't be a any conventions at all.

Turbowars
05-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Just got mine now to laminate it
I did a little photo shop to my badge. It looks just like yours, but added Rebel Scum on the outer edges. Representinnn both cribs, YO....

BlueSnags
05-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Saw the new figures at the Hasbro booth tonight! The McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper rules.

Turbowars
05-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Saw the new figures at the Hasbro booth tonight! The McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper rules.
Bragger..................:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
05-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Bragger..................:thumbsup:

Well, somebody told me this thread was renamed the LA Just Bragging Thread, so I figured I'd better contribute.:laugh:

figrin bran
05-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Snags, will photos be allowed at that Hasbro display?

BlueSnags
05-24-2007, 01:26 AM

I believe so. I didn't see anyone taking pictures tonight, but I'm sure come tomorrow the flash bulbs will be popping like crazy.

Jango Speck
05-24-2007, 01:41 AM
So, Concept Luke is gonna cost $15.00 (limit 6). Concept R2/3PO is $20 (limit one per day of badge, ie. 4 for a four day pass). I'm so glad these are special figures, otherwise, I might not want them this badly to pay such high prices.

I'm probably gonna grab the limit on these, because I'm not going to SDCC and I desperately want the McFigure exclusives from SDCC- so I need good trade bait. Of course I'm happy to trade/buy from you guys if possible.

Commtech
05-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Well, somebody told me this thread was renamed the LA Just Bragging Thread, so I figured I'd better contribute.:laugh:

...... LOL!

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Not today, according to my guys who were there. Today was a setup day and access (including store access) was limited to exhibitors, crew, and volunteers (who also get "crew" badges). But tomorrow on it should be peachy.

darkagent
05-24-2007, 02:56 AM
I did a little photo shop to my badge. It looks just like yours, but added Rebel Scum on the outer edges. Representinnn both cribs, YO....

Man, I still haven't received mine yet. Looks like I'm going to have to make one myself. Does it look exactly like the "Sirsteve" example?

Jango Speck
05-24-2007, 03:45 AM
Man, I still haven't received mine yet. Looks like I'm going to have to make one myself. Does it look exactly like the "Sirsteve" example?

Yes it does- just black out his name and type in your own. Do a search online for "Star Wars font" and you'll find the same font SirSteve used.

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 03:52 AM
I forgot to mention, there was a Quinlan-Villie 2pack at TRU Los Feliz yesterday, it didn't even hit my brain until after I left the store.

darkagent
05-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Yes it does- just black out his name and type in your own. Do a search online for "Star Wars font" and you'll find the same font SirSteve used.

Thanks. Hope to see you guys there.

K M Toydarian
05-24-2007, 04:10 AM
So, Concept Luke is gonna cost $15.00 (limit 6). Concept R2/3PO is $20 (limit one per day of badge, ie. 4 for a four day pass). I'm so glad these are special figures, otherwise, I might not want them this badly to pay such high prices.

I'm probably gonna grab the limit on these, because I'm not going to SDCC and I desperately want the McFigure exclusives from SDCC- so I need good trade bait. Of course I'm happy to trade/buy from you guys if possible.

Wow, 20 bucks for the droids seems a little greedy. I know last year's SDCC trooper was 15, so I expected that, but 20 for something on the exact same card is WAY too much.
Going to have to regroup and figure out how much money to bring. I will get them and am happy to get the commemorative figures, but do we think these will be available elsewhere later on on different cards? 20 bucks to get a set to open is steep.
Especially since it seems like SDCC is a must this year! an expensive must.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Jango Speck
05-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Rise and shine! I don't normally get up this early, but I've got a few things to do before driving over to the show. It feels like Xmas morning. I'll have a few extra F&F tickets, so if you need any, let me know. Wouldn't it be funny if Target/TRU got restocked this week while we're busy going to the show?

toonimator
05-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I think Target's waiting for the reset next week (some Target employees on RS say many Targets will probably wait for June 2, to do the reset AND get the Transformer Movie toys out on the same day). I haven't seen ANYTHING new there this week, so it makes sense.

didgeboy
05-24-2007, 02:35 PM
If anyone would like to help a former LA local, who now lives in BFE and can't make it CIV, with the MCQuarrie CIV exclusives please send me a PM. I would love to get these but can't make it down for the festivities. Cheers.

Jango Speck
05-24-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm home now with a raging headache. Sensory overload, stale convention hall air, bad convention food. I have my exclusive figures and lots of photos. Some good food, sleep and a shower and I'll be ready for tomorrow.

The funniest thing I saw was a guy selling an "error figure" which was an Evolutions dirty sandtrooper in a Saga Clone card for $20- how many of those have we seen at retail? :thumbsup: Also saw one booth that had a whole wall of Hot Wheels- how funny is that? The AFA booth is right across from Hasbro- lots of people getting their convention exclusives graded- suckers! In general,most places are charging almost triple for the Order 66 sets- what a laugh. I forgot how insane dealer prices can be. The upcoming Hasbro figure waves are looking awesome, and so is the GG Chewie Animated Maquette!

The costumes are great, especially Boom Box Boba Fett.

Jango Speck
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
If anyone would like to help a former LA local, who now lives in BFE and can't make it CIV, with the MCQuarrie CIV exclusives please send me a PM. I would love to get these but can't make it down for the festivities. Cheers.

I overheard that the Hasbro exclusive Concept Luke will be on their website this weekend or after the show...

Update: I have an extra Concept R2/3PO or Concept Luke that I'll hold and trade for a SDCC exclusive Concept Grievous and Concept Yoda/Obi Wan set. Let me know...

Tycho
05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Update: I have an extra Concept R2/3PO or Concept Luke that I'll hold and trade for a SDCC exclusive Concept Yoda/Obi Wan set. Let me know...

PM sent. I could always use the droids in background scenes. But give someone else priority if they want to complete a carded McQuarrie set or something. I don't like standing in lines at the Cons anyway.

Luuuuuuke
05-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Someone is getting me one of each of the two McQuarrie exclusives. They're pricey. Took going to about 3 Targets but I found the Alpha/Obi Wan set. There were plenty of the other two at the other Targets. I found the Alpha one at the Target off the 605 at Firestone. Not sure what city that is. They only had one. That Target also had the VTAC Bossk, Leia and IG-88. I passed. Bossk looks pretty awesome though. I'll wait till I see it for $9.99.

darkagent
05-25-2007, 12:16 AM
CIV was not a very pleasant experience today. Had to wait in line for more 2 hours that wrapped around the convention center just to get in. Then had to wait in more lines for the exclusives, of which, the only ones I were able to get were the Animated Boba Fett from Shop Star Wars and the Concept C3-PO and R2-D2. The lines for Hasbro and Gentle Giant were just too crazy. Waited to get them towards the end of the day, hoping the lines would be shorter, only to find out that many of the exclusives were sold out for the day.

I was hoping to get all the exclusive shopping done today and enjoy some of the programming, but it looks like I'll have to try to get it all done tomorrow.

figrin bran
05-25-2007, 12:43 AM
i'll guess i'll have to get there early tomorrow. should i head for Hasbro or the CIV store first?

Commtech
05-25-2007, 12:48 AM
i'll guess i'll have to get there early tomorrow. should i head for Hasbro or the CIV store first?

Go to the Hasbro store first. I got to the convention at 6pm and the Concept Luke was already sold out, while there were tons of the Concept Droids at the CIV store.

figrin bran
05-25-2007, 12:54 AM
thanks Commtech, that would make sense since you can buy as many as 6 of the Lukes

Jango Speck
05-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Go to the Hasbro store first. I got to the convention at 6pm and the Concept Luke was already sold out, while there were tons of the Concept Droids at the CIV store.

Wow, I got my Lukes at about 5pm and it seemed like there were still a lot. It took four attempts to get into the Hasbro line. When it gets too long, they cut it off and tell you to come back in an hour. I finally got into the line on the fourth try.

Note to GG pre-orderers: If you get there late in the day and they run out of one of your pre-orders, they won't give you the others- you'll have to come back the next day and claim your entire list at once when they have more stock.

I love the little "no pictures" tags on all of the GG displays- nobody paid any attention to them even though the volunteer staff kept trying to admonish them.

I didn't see any of you guys today until I got into the Hasbro line- then you all showed up at once- pretty funny. Is anyone getting together at the show for dinner or drinks this weekend?

Jango Speck
05-25-2007, 01:54 AM
thanks Commtech, that would make sense since you can buy as many as 6 of the Lukes

It'll be 2 Lukes starting tomorrow...

Jango Speck
05-25-2007, 01:58 AM
...the only ones I were able to get were the Animated Boba Fett from Shop Star Wars and the Concept C3-PO and R2-D2.

I was hoping to get all the exclusive shopping done today and enjoy some of the programming, but it looks like I'll have to try to get it all done tomorrow.

Count yourself lucky that you got the Easter Fett maquette- many will probably go home empty handed. Yeah, the GG booth situation was crazy. The nice thing about this show (as opposed to the nightmare waits I read about at previous Celebrations), I never waited more than 90 minutes in line for an exclusive.

Funny Money
05-25-2007, 02:00 AM
... Wouldn't it be funny if Target/TRU got restocked this week while we're busy going to the show?
THEY DID!
I hit TRU La Cienega this AM before heading down town. They had three cases of the new VOTC on the pegs. I stashed one complete set, PM me for location.

BTW, I emailed twice for my C IV SSG badge and still no reply. Ran into Santosha and his son. Luckily, he picked me up two McLukes. The Hasbro line was insane! GO THERE FIRST

The convention itself was 'okay', I guess... I've been to too many of these things.

figrin bran
05-25-2007, 02:08 AM
sending PM to ya, Funny Money

Jango Speck
05-25-2007, 02:13 AM
BTW, I emailed twice for my C IV SSG badge and still no reply. Ran into Santosha and his son. Luckily, he picked me up two McLukes.

Just download the badge from the forum, then open it in a photo editor and change Steve's name to yours. (You can google "Star Wars font" and get the exact same font). That's what I did, and even after he emailed it to me, mine looked better because his fonts came out jagged for some reason. (No Offense SirSteve!) By the way, Target sells the little 4x6 lamination kits.

The Hasbro booth is selling the vintage figures- but only as a complete set. They ran out for the day by 5pm. They also have Hasbro cases for sale.

darkagent
05-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Just download the badge from the forum, then open it in a photo editor and change Steve's name to yours. (You can google "Star Wars font" and get the exact same font). That's what I did, and even after he emailed it to me, mine looked better because his fonts came out jagged for some reason. (No Offense SirSteve!) By the way, Target sells the little 4x6 lamination kits.

The Hasbro booth is selling the vintage figures- but only as a complete set. They ran out for the day by 5pm. They also have Hasbro cases for sale.

That's what I ended up doing. The font is called Star Vader. And the lamination kit at Target was about $4 for a pack of 5. The vintage sets at the Hasbro booth were a pretty good deal at $60 for the complete set.

CrunchyNug
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm heading downtown this afternoon around 3:00. Sounds like I should head straight for Hasbro THEN the gift shop. My "fast pass" time is from 7:00 to 9:00.

figrin bran
05-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Just got back from CIV, might go back later on though

it was nice to see familiar faces like Speck and Bluesnags there. however, the hasbro and gentle giant lines were not so nice. if you have GG preorders, make sure to go there first thing in the morning because for some reason, they didn't want to separate all the preorders from that day's allotment of exclusives to sell. i heard a lot of people saying that they weren't able to pick up their preorders yesterday and had to return this morning to get them.

if you go to HTS' line in the morning, beware of the lies that the "end of line" watcher will tell you. it seems like 2 lines in opposite ends of the booth but instead of telling you flat out, he'll tell you that no one can line up past him and that you'll have to disperse and come back later. if you do hear that from him, just linger around or head to the other end of the booth where you'll probably see a line.

thankfully, things at the CIV store were much easier. at least early in the morning they were. i just walked up to get the McQuarrie droids and only 3 people were in front of me.

i don't like the holiday fett maquette as much as the normal one and that's a good thing because i'd be irate right now over how starwarsshop handled that exclusive

Tycho, i got Amy Allen's autograph...she is as nice as you said she is (i think it was you). Jeremy Bulloch was nice as well.

Tycho
05-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, Amy Allen is great.

Today I got 5 free POTC figures by buying 10. Toys R Us "Buy 2 get 3rd Free" sale. The figures (mostly everyone except Captain Jack) can be easily inserted in Star Wars dioramas.

On top of that, for each $25 sales ticket, you get a free pass into POTC3. Of course the movie ticket is good only at a theater no where near convenient for you. I couldn't use it at my local theater, so I just paid the $6.50. Seeing multiple erotic close-ups of Kierra Knightley's legs was worth paying the price of admission! :love: Oh, besides her legs, the movie's about pirates shooting at each other or something like that. It was good, but I just remember her legs...(stay after all the credits, btw! In the POTC tradition, there's an extra scene after the credits that's really important this time.)

Jango Speck
05-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Wow, day 2 is over. I'm spent (physically and fiscally). Thank god for the fan club lounge (and bar). I actually witnessed a middle age dude from Florida pick up on a single mom (with kid) at the bar. It was amusing. They left together, so who knows?

I'm loving my R2/Yoda maquette. I ended up buying a signed litho from one of the artists- I only wish I would have found it before buying the official C4 poster- this one is 100x better. Too bad I just couldn't justify buying that $100 signed litho of Vader's army kicking ***. I'd have no place to hang it.

Picked up a loose '77 vintage Luke w/ yellow saber to replace the one I, my Mom or brother lost when I was a kid. After scouring the exhibit hall, then seeing Jorg Sacul (C2 exclusive) for $90 and $65, I gave up and headed to the car. Just as I was about to leave, I spotted one booth that I hadn't checked. BINGO! They had one Jorg left, for $35!! That was my final purchase. I think I can actually say that I'm done- but might visit over the weekend to catch up on some panels.

I feel bad for folks who showed up today (or tomorrow) and won't be able to get the C4 official pin or patch. It really sucks that that stuff sold out on Thursday, especially when you see the exhibit hall vendors selling them at a premium!! And don't get me started on how fast the Ralph McQuarrie signed lithos sold out. :mad:

I gotta give a big recommendation to a couple of exhibits: Droid Makers- very awesome! Check out the Lucas Archives stuff- some really gruesome props (Luke's severed head in Vader's helmet, Vader's burned facemask/helmet), and the Vader Helmets exhibit with all the different paint jobs and sculpts. Really great stuff. I didn't make it to any panels- just too tired to wait.

I'm looking forward to hearing more L.A. area stories...

darkagent
05-26-2007, 01:06 AM
I missed out on the GG R2-D2 and Yoda exclusive again. Got in line at 10am and it was already around the booth. Didn't move for 30-45 mins. and then they annouced that it was sold out. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get it this show. Made it to a bunch of the collector's panals and managed to get 2 of the three coins they gave out today.

figrin bran
05-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Wow, day 2 is over. I'm spent (physically and fiscally).

i hear ya there Speck. i don't really want to go tomorrow because i know i'll be spending too much money. i'd be better off hitting stores and not finding anything :p

i read some comments on the GG blog that if you have multiple items on preorder and one of them isn't available but the others are, they won't let you get the ones that are in stock. great going GG!

did you guys get the EE catalog in the mail? they have 2 mandolorian sets coming later this summer.

Tycho
05-26-2007, 01:41 AM
did you guys get the EE catalog in the mail? they have 2 mandolorian sets coming later this summer.

My catalog came today. Very interesting. Indeed I was trying to find the 2 McFetts I don't have and do want in order to make Mando-Commando squads.

This naturally peeks my curiousity.

BlueSnags
05-26-2007, 02:16 AM
It was SSG day at CIV today. Saw Swabie, CrunchyNug, Figgy B, Speck and Commtech. Picked up the new ACME Sketchplate (McQuarrie R2) and all the GG exclusives today, along with a few more McQuarrie lithos. Heading back tomorrow, hope to see you guys again.:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
05-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Up for sale now:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=2&BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=19901&PG=1

figrin bran
05-26-2007, 06:35 PM
i didn't feel like heading to C4 again so i hit some stores instead. Got Alpha/Obi Wan from Los Feliz TRU, added 2 more Marines from Crenshaw WM, got another snowtrooper from La Cienega TRU.

Trailer Park Target put out some VTAC despite no stores having these within a 50 mile radius ;) and it looks like they're done resetting the action figure aisle. there are still 6 pegs for TSC.

Jango Speck
05-26-2007, 08:42 PM
I also took a day off from C4- the last two days were so intense, I needed to stay home: and unpack all of my purchases, and set up my new MiniMag stands for my army. I'll head back tomorrow for the Clone Wars TV preview. I doubt that I'll go on Monday at all (is Monday a half day for the show?).

If you guys find any retail Vintage Snowtroopers, feel free to grab some for me. :D

mtriv73
05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Up for sale now:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=2&BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=19901&PG=1

Many thanks!

I just ordered 2.

Use promo code FNFSPR7, you can save 25% & receive free shipping

JodyB
05-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Many thanks!

I just ordered 2.

Use promo code FNFSPR7, you can save 25% & receive free shipping

Thank you for that code... I decided not to go to C IV but I still wanted the figures and it was a great surprise to get it for $12 and free shipping!! :D

figrin bran
05-27-2007, 01:56 AM
I also took a day off from C4- the last two days were so intense, I needed to stay home: and unpack all of my purchases, and set up my new MiniMag stands for my army. I'll head back tomorrow for the Clone Wars TV preview. I doubt that I'll go on Monday at all (is Monday a half day for the show?).

If you guys find any retail Vintage Snowtroopers, feel free to grab some for me. :D

you mean VTSC right and not Kenner vintage Snowtroopers, right? ;)

if everyone gets their Lukes from HTS, i'm gonna be stuck with extras

Wave 3 TAC has been spotted at WM's in AZ and San Diego

Jango Speck
05-27-2007, 03:03 AM
if everyone gets their Lukes from HTS, i'm gonna be stuck with extras

Same here- I was hoping to use mine as trade bait for SDCC concept exclusives. Maybe we should just list them on ebay now and get our money back? ;)

Commtech
05-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Wave 3 TAC has been spotted at WM's in AZ and San Diego

Actually, it's been spotted here. A friend of mine got me the Jawa, Vader and Luke from Wal-Mart (forgot to ask which one since he goes to many different ones, but I'll ask tomorrow). Veryyyy niiiiiceeeee.

figrin bran
05-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Same here- I was hoping to use mine as trade bait for SDCC concept exclusives. Maybe we should just list them on ebay now and get our money back? ;)

since the McLukes weren't that hard to get today on HTS, i figure the same will happen for the McObiWan/Yoda set.

Jango Speck
05-27-2007, 03:46 AM
since the McLukes weren't that hard to get today on HTS, i figure the same will happen for the McObiWan/Yoda set.

Yes, but isn't there gonna be another concept figure exclusive at SDCC? If R2/3PO don't show up again (online) soon, then the other SDCC one might be a ways off too.

K M Toydarian
05-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Concept Luke back to "Coming Soon" on HTS.

Picked up 2 sets of VTAC at Walmart in Woodland Hills today. 9.88 each, so I cancelled my EE preorder. Also let me have the tray cardboard box to hold them. Sorry I didn't stash the other set, wasn't there long and they were in the tray, 2 of each and it seems farther than most of you go normally. Especially being a holiday, when a kid might actually be able to get them. Target is a little crazy with the 11.99 price tag IMO.

Get to go to CIV again tomorrow. Finally see something other than a line for exclusives.

mtriv73
05-27-2007, 10:34 AM
If any of you guys have extra c3po and r2 mcquarrie sets you want to trade or sell, shoot me a PM.

didgeboy
05-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I too am looking for a R2-3PO set if anyone is looking to sell, please PM or email me. Cheers.

Luuuuuuke
05-27-2007, 01:39 PM
A friend got me the Concept 3PO/R2D2 set and Luke from CIV. Then I ordered another two Lukes from HTS. Weird sight this morning at city of Commerce K-Mart. A 12" Original Trilogy Boba Fett. It was $29.99, which figures, this being K-Mart. Pico Rivera Target didn't have squat, though apparently they had Wiis. There were only a handful there for them, including two employees. Commerce Target had two of the EU comic Vos sets, but pretty much nothing else. They don't have any of the EU packs in the back either cause I checked.

Jango Speck
05-27-2007, 09:33 PM
C4 gift shop has removed the limit for buying R2/3PO figures. I literally saw a guy wheeling 15 cases to his car as of 1pm today. There were still hundreds of cases behind the curtains.

figrin bran
05-27-2007, 10:07 PM
C4 gift shop has removed the limit for buying R2/3PO figures. I literally saw a guy wheeling 15 cases to his car as of 1pm today. There were still hundreds of cases behind the curtains.

grrr...i can't go tomorrow either and i would've liked a set to open.

Funny Money
05-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Once again, I feel like Hasbro has screwed me out of time and money!!! Everytime they have an 'Exclusive' something or other... I rush to buy it, then see it two days later online or given a 'no limit' purchase status.

figrin bran
05-27-2007, 10:24 PM
btw, i forgot to thank you Funny Money for the VTAC stash. i only bought the Snowtrooper and the Bounty Hunters so the remaining 3 are still there in case anyone else was interested.

Jango Speck
05-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Forgot to mention that I saw our local Burbank TRU manager- Mr. "You know how it is..." (beard, used to work as the Hasbro rep) at C4 today.

Quite a bit of activity on Hasbro's website this weekend: McStormies are back up for sale, as is the Concept Luke. The figure stands are now out of stock. I wonder why the vintage figures aren't posted yet...

figrin bran
05-28-2007, 01:16 AM
It looks like HTS is offering cases now as TAC Wave 1 Rev 1 was onsale at CIV and "coming soon" on HTS. hopefully they'll keep doing this for each and every wave.

Luuuuuuke
05-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I got a kind of cool holographic card with my delivery of the L.A. Times this morning of a Buddha turning into Yoda and vice versa. It's for the "Legacy" program on the History Channel tonight. The Target I know has VTAC in the stockroom still didn't put it out as of this morning. I did get a last Alpha/Obi Wan set at Baldwin Park Wal-Mart. That store is embarrasingly full of Saga. I have a feelilng that's why they almost never put out much TAC.

K M Toydarian
05-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Picked up the only Obi comic pack at Burbank Target at 8:30 today.
Does Balwin Hills Walmart have the WalMart wave Saga? Saw those for the first time at C4, Woodland Hills did not have any Wal Mart Saga on Sat., but had a ton of other older Saga.

Jango Speck
05-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Get this, my friend went to C4 today, and they were giving out a free Exclusive Concept R2/3PO to each attendee with a Monday pass. Damn that chaps my hide!! Apparently, everything in the C4 store (except the figures) is 1/2 off today.

JodyB
05-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Get this, my friend went to C4 today, and they were giving out a free Exclusive Concept R2/3PO to each attendee. Damn that chaps my hide!! Apparently, everything in the C4 store (except the figures) is 1/2 off today.

If that's the case if anyone has one of those free one's I can take it off your hands :lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
05-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Picked up the only Obi comic pack at Burbank Target at 8:30 today.
Does Balwin Hills Walmart have the WalMart wave Saga? Saw those for the first time at C4, Woodland Hills did not have any Wal Mart Saga on Sat., but had a ton of other older Saga.

do you mean the MLK Blvd/Crenshaw Walmart? as far as i can tell, they've never had the exclusive wave of Saga.

free Mcdroids???? argh!!!!

K M Toydarian
05-29-2007, 12:25 AM
do you mean the MLK Blvd/Crenshaw Walmart? as far as i can tell, they've never had the exclusive wave of Saga.

free Mcdroids???? argh!!!!

Yup, I think that's the "Baldwin Hills" one. And on that note -Oh Joy- on trying to find the Walmart exclusive Cantina Galactic Heroes Cinema scenes later this year in any LA WalMart! :tired:

The explanation I got for the free droids, was "compensation" to Monday Badge holders for only getting "half a show" - 10-4pm.
Stings a little after spending so much time and money on them on Thursday, but I got over it, my friends were thrilled at least, who only went today.

Funny Money
05-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Get this, my friend went to C4 today, and they were giving out a free Exclusive Concept R2/3PO to each attendee with a Monday pass. Damn that chaps my hide!! Apparently, everything in the C4 store (except the figures) is 1/2 off today.

Yup, it's true. I was so mad! I bought a $5 luggage tag for $2.50 just to take advantage of the 50% off. I did watch a couple dudes win the $350 Sideshow Boba Fett. They had to agree that if they lost the trivia quiz, they had to buy at least a $45 item at Sideshow. The contest consisted of answering three complete SW Trivia Pursuit cards without missing two questions. I thought about it but after they asked "What city/planet is shown second to last in the celebration scenes of the destruction of the 2nd Deathstar in SW Special Ed." er.. I passed... any one know that one?

BlueSnags
05-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Finally completed the set of all 12 CIV Medallions after attending what seemed like 25 One Hour Collector Panels. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Snags, at the Disney panel, did they say when we can expect to see those Disney and Muppet figures? and they did mention something about trying to get SW Weekends out here in Disneyland, right?

Tycho
05-29-2007, 03:31 AM
but after they asked "What city/planet is shown second to last in the celebration scenes of the destruction of the 2nd Deathstar in SW Special Ed." er.. I passed... any one know that one?

Hello. My name is Tycho. I am a Star Wars Uber-Nerd. May I be of assistance? Perhaps I can answer your question?

This will be the abridged version. You can PM me if you'd like the entire 8 volume answer I comprised for you.

But directly, the answer is the City of Theed on the Planet Naboo.

As the Death Star II is blown up, we move from scene to scene from:

Endor
Cloud City - Bespin
Mos Eisley - Tatooine
Theed - Naboo - 2ND TO LAST RIGHT HERE
Imperial Center - Coruscant

If they wanted to be technical, since the scene cuts back to the Ewok Village on Endor, that would make Imperial Center, Coruscant the 2nd to last environment seen. But I don't think that answers their question the way it was phrased without second-guessing yourself.

In any event, in terms of knowledge I could answer the question. In terms of answering correctly exactly what they might mean, well....

It's like:

"Are you smart?"

"Yes."

"Than spell it."

Does the person asking want you to spell: S-M-A-R-T or I-T or Y-E-S?

Anytime a juvenile wants to screw with someone they can play this game and they can manipulate it so there is no correct and obvious answer.

In that case, the best answer is to say that to be smart, one must be wise, and the beginning of wisdom is admitting there are things one does not know the answer to. Note you're not even saying whether or not you can spell "smart, it, or yes."

K M Toydarian
05-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Picked up 2 Darth Maul FX Sabers this morning and an Obi Wan FX at Fry's for 49.99 each! Memorial day ad ended today. One Maul at Burbank (let me have the display), and then called around to all other stores. Manhattan Beach had more.
Opted against any swag at C4 store for 50% off, as most of the Corporate Logo stuff just looks cheap and generic. Bought a pin the first day, so I was set.
My 3 friends who only went today were thrilled to get a free R2/3PO figure though (Monday badges only).

Got a giftcard from Sideshow (the free handout ones) and it was for $50! Ordered the Endor Striker Force Bundle 12" set, as they are in stock. Sweet incentive.

Tycho
05-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Picked up 2 Darth Maul FX Sabers this morning and an Obi Wan FX at Fry's for 49.99 each!

Nice job!

Got a giftcard from Sideshow (the free handout ones) and it was for $50! Ordered the Endor Striker Force Bundle 12" set, as they are in stock. Sweet incentive.

That's like buy 2 and get the 3rd one free (give or take about $10)! You did good! I stand in awe.

I got wave 3 this morning at Wal-Mart:

2 Stormtroopers (in light of Han Bespin Torture, I think I'll need these guys)
1 Biggs - he has the cape (for Caesar's, Chuxter's information. Mine must be a variant ;) )
1 Vader - I knew I was going to be suckered into getting that because of Obi-Wan's cloak
1 Jawa and LIN Droid - the droid is weak it is so small. It's NOT what we wanted
1 Concept Chewie - this figure is large but kind of cartoony. I'm not sure I'll keep him.*

*Chewie is for a background alien, posing as some other species to populate my dioramas, but he's still very fake-looking for that use. I bought POTC figures for my background that I'm more comfortable using. If Chewie makes it (probably for Coruscant's CoCo Street outside of Club Outlander, I'll decide if I want to get any more of this figure. Let's just say I'm not thrilled, but then I don't like most of the McQuarrie stuff - I just wish I could find 2 of those Fetts!

The case:

1 Chewie
1 Jawa / LIN
1 Biggs
1 Luke - gawd awful ugly - he looks like Phil Collins if you ask me. Land of Confusion indeed
2 Vaders
2 Stormtroopers
2 Airbornes from Wave 1
2 Marines from Wave 1

That's the case.

Wal-Mart also got the VTAC, but the girl stocking said they weren't supposed to put them out until June 2. I was going to point out to her that I'd already bought almost all I wanted of those from Target (where they are $2 more per figure btw), but I got into trouble at Wal-Mart this morning anyway. PM me if you want me to elaborate.

Oh, their Sith Infiltrator (I think only 1 of them) is sitting there but the V-wings have sold through since the last time I was there, as I predicted they would.

darkagent
05-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Finally completed the set of all 12 CIV Medallions after attending what seemed like 25 One Hour Collector Panels. :thumbsup:

That's impressive. I attended most of the panals and was only able to get 6 medallions. Did you sit through all the panals? Or did you have extras to trade for the ones you were missing? It seemed like that was the only way to get a complete set.

I even saw what looked like uninterested "girlfriends" sitting through these panals trying to get the medallions to complete their boyfriends set. :razz:

darkagent
05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Snags, at the Disney panel, did they say when we can expect to see those Disney and Muppet figures? and they did mention something about trying to get SW Weekends out here in Disneyland, right?

It sounded like a lot of the toys would also be available at the mall Disney Stores (hopefully). They did say the Cantina Band member exclusive would only be available at Disney World. They said they're working on trying to bring SW Weekends out to Disneyland.

BlueSnags
05-29-2007, 11:09 AM
That's impressive. I attended most of the panals and was only able to get 6 medallions. Did you sit through all the panals? Or did you have extras to trade for the ones you were missing? It seemed like that was the only way to get a complete set.

I even saw what looked like uninterested "girlfriends" sitting through these panals trying to get the medallions to complete their boyfriends set. :razz:

DA,

I sat through most of them on Saturday, Sunday and Monday (there were only 2 on Monday, so that wasn't too bad). Friday I missed completely. On my own, I was able to score Luke, Jawa, Death Squad Commander, Sand People, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Han Solo and Vader. I acquired the missing ones through a variety of means:

Helped my buddy win a trivia contest at one of the panels (and he won a complete set of medallions), so he gave me his extra two (a Jawa and a Luke). I ended up giving my extra Luke to the guy running the McQuarrie booth as a "thank you" for being a pal and helping me obtain a crapload of rare McQuarrie artwork. So I had one extra left (Jawa) that I was able to trade (for a Leia). Another buddy just gave me his R2 medallion because he only had a few and knew I was close to completing the set. That just left Obi-Wan and Threepio. As luck would have it, after the very last panel on Monday, Gus Lopez asked if anyone was missing one or two coins to complete the set. To make a long story short, Gus handed me a Threepio and an Obi-Wan and I was one happy SW geek.:whip:

Figgy B,

The Disney panel was one of the ones that I missed. Sounds like DA filled you in, though.:thumbsup:

Hey, did anyone bid on any of the silent auctions? They were auctioning off vintage SW stuff direct from Lucasfilm Archives. The money they made was going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The douchebags from CloudCityCollectibles (also the owner of AFA) and BriansToys ended up winning most of them, but SNAGS won a few of them as well. Those fat cats learned the hard way - you don't pull on Superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Snags.

-Good Old Snags

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
It sounded like a lot of the toys would also be available at the mall Disney Stores (hopefully). They did say the Cantina Band member exclusive would only be available at Disney World. They said they're working on trying to bring SW Weekends out to Disneyland.

thanks for the info DA!
they probably meant the store that Disney runs down in Downtown Disney as the Disney Stores in the malls like Glendale Galleria don't carry the theme park merchandise and are owned and operated by "The Children's Group" or something like that.

toonimator
05-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Now I wish I'd ponied up the $45 to go to CIV yesterday... oh well. Weekend was too busy anyhow. Hopefully more Lukes will show up on HTS soon... and maybe even R2/3POs, if they managed to keep some of those hundreds away from the no-limiters yesterday (15 cases? Nutty...)

Yesterday Burbank Target reset, and I picked up the VTAC Snowtrooper (thanks Commtech) and IG-88. After Commtech, myself, and Jackie Chan were through, there were just 2 Lukes, 2 Hans, and 2 Leias. I THINK there were 2 full cases so I'm sure Jackie had a bunch. Also a couple cases of Wave 2... didn't check today though. I also picked up a 2nd Obi-Wan/ARC comic pack.

IG-88's cool, but glad I got him first & opened... I was toying with buying several for IG Lancers or the goofy EU "other bodies" that the main IG-88 controlled, but cool as he looks, he's got some downsides. I tried just about every blaster in my fodder-bin/accessory-storage, none fit all that well in his back holster. The Rebel DH-17 kinda fits but it might warp the scope, and if the bottom of the holster was wider it'd be perfect for 88's E-11... ah well. A surprising amount of articulation though! I'm waiting on Bossk and the humans until I can find 'em at TRU, or on clearance (less likely this year, but whatever). The Snowtrooper's neat, but all he did was make me realize I only need 2 total for myself, AND that soft-goods 'kamas' for clones & ARCs are what Hasbro should ALWAYS do. That thing is awesome, even if the cut's not quite right. His left hand bugs me, too.

Anyways glad to hear CIV was more fun than frustrating!

Jango Speck
05-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Vintage up for sale on Hasbro:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ID=20133

Commtech
05-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Vintage up for sale on Hasbro:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ID=20133

Too bad the code doesn't work anymore.:(

Jango Speck
05-29-2007, 02:05 PM
VTAC and TAC Wave 1 are up on Hasbro.com, as are the figure stands. Man, too bad Hasbro didn't re-stock this quickly before, and I hope they continue to do it this quickly in the future.

Tycho
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
IG-88's cool, but glad I got him first & opened... I was toying with buying several for IG Lancers or the goofy EU "other bodies" that the main IG-88 controlled, but cool as he looks, he's got some downsides.

That is the only reason I was buying VTAC IG-88's. So you DO NOT recommend him for this use?

I was going to put 3 with Durge.

darkagent
05-29-2007, 02:50 PM
thanks for the info DA!
they probably meant the store that Disney runs down in Downtown Disney as the Disney Stores in the malls like Glendale Galleria don't carry the theme park merchandise and are owned and operated by "The Children's Group" or something like that.

The mall stores do carry alot of the toy lines that they were talking about, such as the racers and Princess lines. Should have asked that question at the forum. :(

darkagent
05-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Looks like Eagle Rock Target put out a case of TAC 3 this morning. Heard this from some guys while waiting for Los Feliz TRU to open today (nothing new). Of course they were all snatched up. Also heard that the Hasbro booth at CIV yesterday was selling sets of TAC 3.

BlueSnags
05-29-2007, 03:03 PM
New Hasbrotoyshop gift code: CELEBRATION

CrunchyNug
05-29-2007, 03:09 PM
What's it for...10% off or something?

BlueSnags
05-29-2007, 03:13 PM
What's it for...10% off or something?

Yeah, 10% off.:whip:

toonimator
05-29-2007, 03:34 PM
That is the only reason I was buying VTAC IG-88's. So you DO NOT recommend him for this use?

I was going to put 3 with Durge.
I guess he is, but something about him just put me off it; may just be realizing how many figures I've got and that I don't need extras of EVERY potential army-builder. He's got this funky ball-hinge torso so he can lean back & forward, but looks kinda goofy either way. The elbows & knees seem like they may get very loose pretty quick, and the hands aren't that great at holding much without warping the 3rd digit beneath the main pincers. Plus he's missing his 3rd 'eye' on the side, which is odd. I like the look, but I just personally decided to curb my enthusiasm at 1 for IG, and 2 for the Snowtroopers. Maybe I'm just slowly maturing :p

Commtech
05-29-2007, 03:54 PM
New Hasbrotoyshop gift code: CELEBRATION

VTAC comes out to $10.76 each with this code. Cheaper than Target.

toonimator
05-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I ordered an R2/3PO set from Toyrocket.com, as of around an hour ago they still had 'em in stock and 87 at their eBay store (which lists $7.99 shipping as opposed to their site's $6.95). Selling 'em at CIV price, too! $28.59 after tax.

darkagent
05-29-2007, 07:21 PM
For more info on the Disney products coming out, check out:

http://www.swstartours.net/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=58

Commtech
05-29-2007, 08:06 PM
I ordered an R2/3PO set from Toyrocket.com, as of around an hour ago they still had 'em in stock and 87 at their eBay store (which lists $7.99 shipping as opposed to their site's $6.95). Selling 'em at CIV price, too! $28.59 after tax.

Toon! You should've posted that you need one. I have one extra. If you can still cancel your order, you can have the extra.

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Looks like Eagle Rock Target put out a case of TAC 3 this morning. Heard this from some guys while waiting for Los Feliz TRU to open today (nothing new). Of course they were all snatched up. Also heard that the Hasbro booth at CIV yesterday was selling sets of TAC 3.

that probably means that HTS will have sets of TAC wave 3! :D
i was tempted to get the wave 1 set at CIV but i've almost all the Marines and Airbornes that i want so i passed.

Kidhuman
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
FB, will be getting your package out on Thursday or Friday, I forgot it last week when I hit the PO

Luuuuuuke
05-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Got the Concept Luke and Concept R2/3PO from a friend who went to Celebration today. Looks good. She also got me a coin and 4 holographic cards. That was nice. No TAC 3 this morning in my area of the San Gabriel Valley. I really just want the Concept Chewbacca.

Luuuuuuke
05-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Just a heads up for the few SSGers from the San Gabriel area: Pico Rivera and Commerce Targets already had TAC 3. Only Vaders and a mashed up Jawa and Luke left among both. Baldwin Park Target must have stocked Saga Legends late yesterday. So did Rosemead because I found the two clone troopers(AOTC and ROTS). Only got the AOTC one, to open.

Quite a bit of Vintage in the area stores. Got two snowtroopers from Baldwin Park Wal-mart(unfortunately, the only ones). Pico Rivera Target had 3 snowtroopers. I got one, left other two. Well, actually, did a half-assed stash job on one, but it's strictly a short term, one day stash, so PM me if you plan on hauling your butt over there within a day and you don't live too far from there.

didgeboy
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone. I just received a rather interesting email from our friends at Hasbro:
Dear Customer:
Recently you purchased a "Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Concept
Luke Skywalker Figure with Collector Coin" using the Hasbro Friends & Family
promotion code. As advertised, this item was not eligible for use with that
promotion.
To remedy this situation, we will remove the discount from this item, apply any
additional shipping charges that may apply, and ship your order on June 11,
If this remedy is not acceptable please call our customer service center at
1-800-408-0052 by June 9, 2007 to cancel your order. If we do not hear from
you, we will assume that you have agreed to the changes noted. We regret any
inconvenience this may have caused.
Please do not reply back to this e-mail message as this e-mail address is used
for outbound messages only.
Now, when I purchased this I did not see anything about the discount not being available. Anyone else have some light to shed on this. Cheers.

jonthejedi
05-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Nope...I didn't see that advertised anywhere either. Sucks bigtime!

Jango Speck
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't remember being told there were restrictions. That's really bad customer service- if their computer allowed it, they shouldn't override it.

Luuuuuuke
05-30-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't remember being told there were restrictions. That's really bad customer service- if their computer allowed it, they shouldn't override it.

RS had a lot of chatter about that yesterday, but as of then no one had seemed to get the email from Hasbro. Apparently it was reported at JediDefender first. Someone from that forum was somewhere where a Hasbro rep announced this. It's bad form though on Hasbro's part. I'm not sure I'll keep my order. $39 for two figures is a lot worse than $24. Unfortunately I do want at least one to open, and 20+ for one figure isn't that much better. Saw 7 Snowtroopers today. Got 3, 2 at Wal-Mart. I think Target's price is causing these to hang out just a little bit longer at some of the area Targets.

figrin bran
05-30-2007, 10:25 PM
would anyone going to SDCC be able to help me out with a Mattel JLU exclusive?

CrunchyNug
05-31-2007, 01:55 AM
would anyone going to SDCC be able to help me out with a Mattel JLU exclusive?

Got you covered. What do you think of the recent announcement of Shayera/Ray/Green Lantern 3-Pack?

figrin bran
05-31-2007, 02:07 AM
Got you covered. What do you think of the recent announcement of Shayera/Ray/Green Lantern 3-Pack?

Thanks, i knew i could count on you guys! though i'm thinking of actually attending...

i have a mixed bag of emotions that it's Shayera/Ray as i've been waiting for it to come out since late last year. it should be part of the regular releases and yet because of some oversight by Mattel, it's a con exclusive??? on the other hand, i really want the Shayera (and am even working on a custom of it.)

i finally got around to opening those free packs of the pocketmodel TCG from CIV. they look like they could be fun but actually they suck...as i was putting one of the TIE Fighters together, the tabs to attach the panels broke off.