PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jango Speck
05-31-2007, 03:42 AM
i finally got around to opening those free packs of the pocketmodel TCG from CIV. they look like they could be fun but actually they suck...as i was putting one of the TIE Fighters together, the tabs to attach the panels broke off.

As soon as I opened them and saw how friggin' tiny they were, I got real skeptical. Then when I assembled them with my sausage fingers, I got ****ed off. They are a good idea, poorly executed. Had they been significantly larger, I would have loved them.

K M Toydarian
05-31-2007, 06:36 AM
I was really excited about this game, for the "models", not the game.
WizKids' Pirate ships are amazing little models.

The smaller craft like the Ties, Jedi Fighters, etc are not that interesting because they are so small and simple, but the Lambda Class Shuttle is an amazing piece of model engineering. I bought a tin with the 5 boosters and the larger ships are fun to put together. Problem is there aren't that many, and they repeat a lot. Out of the 80 different ships there are 20 styles, and some are more rare.

I would love to see more intricate models like the Pirate ships. A jabba sail Barge would be great, Trade Federation Control ship, Slave 1, Republic Gunship, ATAT, Infiltrator.

There are alot of options to expand this game, and I hope the models get more detailed in their construction.

On a Just Found note. Just ordered wave 5 TAC from EE.

Tycho
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM
I got my 2 McFetts! A guy who's a friend of a friend's found them at another store and Wave 3 hit my Target this morning. I didn't need anything from Wave 3, so I bought his figures and traded them (McChewie, Trooper) for the Fetts I needed. It worked out well for both of us.

A mom with kid is starting to shop there now and the guys suspect he'll be a runner. That's OK by me though. Kids should get these first. They're not going to scalp the figures so even if I got to the pegs first, I'd let a child under 10 or whatever have whatever he wants. It's cool to see a young person into SW. Maybe a lasting fan? Most likely his dad is as well.

toonimator
05-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow, sucky news on the JLU exclusive! At least they're only charging retail $10 for it, to take some of the sting outta the bait-n-switch. That Man-Bat which'd be $10 at retail's goin for $20!! I hope Mattel's exclusive system is better at this year's SDCC than years past. I never liked that lottery thing. Hasbro had PLENTY of Alternators, gold Vader TIEs, and 501st Stormies to go around all weekend.

Nothing new at Burbank Target, of course. Over the weekend I got 3 loose Myos and an EB Luke from a Hong Kong seller who had 'em pretty cheap. Myo didn't have any accessories, unfortunately, and one had an upper right arm where his upper left should be, but as 2 are for fodder that's not a big deal (plus I've got extra glasses from my extra Hems and Momaws). Not bad for the price a single carded Myo is pulling in most auctions!

Just ordered Wave 5 case from EE. Great assortment.

CrunchyNug
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Found Saga Legends this morning at Target. Guess who was there? Headphones. I got the 2 AOTC Clones and he grabbed the Shocktrooper. They had a fresh case of Comic Packs too.

BlueSnags
05-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Found Saga Legends this morning at Target. Guess who was there? Headphones. I got the 2 AOTC Clones and he grabbed the Shocktrooper. They had a fresh case of Comic Packs too.

Did he go straight to the SW figures?

darkagent
05-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow, sucky news on the JLU exclusive! At least they're only charging retail $10 for it, to take some of the sting outta the bait-n-switch.

I just checked the San Diego Comic Con website and it had the JLU 3 pack listed as $20. Now that sucks, charging double for something that should have been on store shelves months ago.

Luuuuuuke
05-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Saw more Snowtroopers at Rosemead Target. Left there from yesterday. I think the $12 Target price is turning some people off.

Got one more Snowtrooper from Wal-mart Baldwin Park this morning. They had plenty of the crappy Fathers day set. And a ton of old Saga.

toonimator
05-31-2007, 05:15 PM
I went by Legacy Comics here in Glendale and they had Bossk, Leia, Luke, and Han from VTAC for $6.99. HOWEVER, they were removed from the star cases, the peg hole was punched out, and obviously the coin-form info was removed. Still, for extras it's not a bad deal (regular TAC starts at $9.99 there, with troops like the Marine goin for $13, and McQuarries probably going for even more). Picked up Bossk & Leia for myself, Luke for a coworker since he doesn't care about the coin thing. I'm guessing the Snowtrooper wasn't so cheap even 'open', and wouldn't be surprised if IG was a bit more, too.

K M Toydarian
05-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Picked up a couple Legends figures this afternoon at Target in Pacoima. Maul and Battle Droids. AOTC clones and Shocktrooper were gone, rest still there. These look nice and are under the same sku as Saga figs - $6.64.
Let's hope the current pegwarmers from Saga that are being eventually reissued don't clog the pegs for some of the cooler repacks.

I definitely need all the pit droid 2 pack versions and a Sandcrawler droid!

Speaking of needed figures, what figures should we be looking out for from the Legends line? For me its the pit droids, RA-7, Battle droid variants, and AOTC colored variants. But none of that comes til at least wave 3.

Ewok888
05-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey guys,

Any chance any of you guys out there either have extras of the Celebration IV entrance badges or are willing to sell me your original badge? I just figured I'd ask cause if some of you folks aren't interested in them, I think the artistry on these cartoon figures is pretty sweet !

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a PM - thank you !

Turbowars
05-31-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey guys,

Any chance any of you guys out there either have extras of the Celebration IV entrance badges or are willing to sell me your original badge? I just figured I'd ask cause if some of you folks aren't interested in them, I think the artistry on these cartoon figures is pretty sweet !

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a PM - thank you !
Yeah you can have mine for what I paid, $125. ;)

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah you can have mine for what I paid, $125. ;)

Do you have doubles please???? :beard:

Jango Speck
06-01-2007, 12:59 AM
New Force Comics just shipped my VTAC case. I received my new SW USPS stamp sets on Tuesday- very nice!!

JodyB
06-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Anyone that has been going to Burbank target... I was wondering if my "buddy" has been going there? I was thinking of going tomorrow morning... let me know please... :D

BlueSnags
06-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Found a single Vader w/Kenobi cloak hanging on the pegs at Walmart today. Looked like the rest of Wave 3 already came and went.:cry:

Also picked up the new FF2 Invisible Woman. Looks like it's a chase/one per case figure.

Tycho
06-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Also picked up the new FF2 Invisible Woman. Looks like it's a chase/one per case figure.

If she was invisible, how did you see her?

Commtech
06-01-2007, 03:40 AM
If she was invisible, how did you see her?

No, the weird thing is Bluesnags collecting FF!:shocked:

figrin bran
06-01-2007, 03:55 AM
No, the weird thing is Bluesnags collecting FF!:shocked:

well, if you collected Marvel Legends, you have to find something to fill the Marvel void now :p

BlueSnags
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I bought one because it was Jessica Alba. ;)

toonimator
06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Jody, he's been absent since your encounter. You haven't missed much at Target though, Monday was the only day for new stuff this week.

Silver Surfer looks to be a 1-per-case figure, too. Way to go, Hasbro! Keep up with Toy Biz' ridiculous assortments, just like the now-absent Marvel Legends (who makes THOR a chase figure?! Even if he is in his goofy Asgard-ruler outfit). Even though the two Human Torch figures are pretty good this time (unlike Toy Biz' efforts on the first film), they're gonna sit there almost as long as the crappy Reed & Thing figures. Doom looks awful, but may eventually move well as people realize he's in the film. I'm still a bit sore over Toy Biz' FF Classics line which had a great Wave 2 that nobody saw outside comic shops, pretty much, because of all the stupid Torches & Reeds clogging TRU's pegs.

Funny Money
06-01-2007, 01:51 PM
La Cienega TRU was a bust. A couple V-wings and Sith Infl. Met a new SW collector. Tried to draft him to the SSG forums. Nice guy. He said he got a new fever for SW after CIV... so, if you are reading this,... JOIN US!

BlueSnags
06-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Heads up - Just ordered the 7" Unleashed ARC Heavy Gunner

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87430

Looks like it's an internet exclusive, so EE will be your cheapest bet if you want one of these (no shipping charges).

Commtech
06-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Heads up - Just ordered the 7" Unleashed ARC Heavy Gunner

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87430

Looks like it's an internet exclusive, so EE will be your cheapest bet if you want one of these (no shipping charges).

Just ordered it! Thanks Snags.:thumbsup:

CrunchyNug
06-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Got me a McChewie this morning. Lots to find at Target...2 cases w3, 2 cases Legends, 2 cases VTAC. WOW!!!

There were 4 collectors AT opening and AFTER opening, the pegs were bare once again.:thumbsup:

MicroJow
06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Good seeing ya this morning, Crunch! By the way - I swung back by that Target around noon with Anthony and we were treated to three sealed cases of Wave 3! I got my McChewie so I'll be fading back into the shadows until Wave 4 hits.

- J!

Turbowars
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Got some order 66 packs for 2.48 today. Just about what they are worth.:thumbsup:

Anyone going to the SDCC that can get a GG Cody for me?

darkagent
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Do any of you have any CIV collectors panal medallions you'd like to sell? I'm trying to complete my set. Thanks.

K M Toydarian
06-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Seems I hit all the wrong Targets this morning. Nothing in Pacoima, or NoHo. NoHo with the reset looks pretty pathetic with the few Lushros hanging around. They must be getting some product soon, right?
I did get a Labria and Kitik Keed'kak from Van Nuys. First time I have ever seen these at WalMart. That's all they had, so hopefully more will show up and I can get the rest of the wave.
Endor Troopers arrived today from my $50 SS C4 giftcard. Can't beat that!

Turbowars
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Endor Troopers arrived today from my $50 SS C4 giftcard. Can't beat that!
I got a $50 card as well and was thinking about getting the troopers. I just wish I could buy the infantry guy alone. I don't even want that Cubical trooper in my house.

Jango Speck
06-03-2007, 03:56 AM
I did the Santa Clarita Walmarts loop tonight-nothing but Saga and one case of comic 2-packs. Saw tons of the new Transformers: what a bunch of cheap plastic crap! I can't believe how much worse they are than when I was a kid. $10 and $20 for flimsy plastic? Insane is all I can say.

Luuuuuuke
06-03-2007, 04:02 AM
I did the Santa Clarita Walmarts loop tonight-nothing but Saga and one case of comic 2-packs. Saw tons of the new Transformers: what a bunch of cheap plastic crap! I can't believe how much worse they are than when I was a kid. $10 and $20 for flimsy plastic? Insane is all I can say.

I took a rare after midnight trip to a 24 hour Wal-Mart and there were scalpers going crazy for the Transformer movie toys, which were just being put out and sold. Those toys are crappola. I heard two scalper idiots with a full cart wondering what happened to two of their items.

"As long as we still have the scorpion," one said, whatever the hell that means. Turns out someone took at least two of their items, including the "scorpion" out of their cart. "They got us good," one of the dorks said.

This was the Glendora Wal-Mart. On the way back home I stopped by the Baldwin Park one and they were putting out a lot of Transformers stuff, but that place was dead. I'm not a Transformers fan, but the regular, non-movie Transformers items look a lot better than these.

Tycho
06-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Two of the BEST posts I've ever seen on this site regarding Transformers can be found above! :thumbsup:

But actually, a lot of the Energon, Armada, Cybertron, RID - all that stuff was a lot worse.

Classics was decent though.

But G1 rocked way back when. Find some of the original mold releases for Alternators if you want to see some really good Transfomers worth $20:

SideSwipe
SmokeScreen
Hound
Tracks
Meister (Jazz)
Wheeljack (OK, Grimlock was the original release for this mold but never should have been)
Sunstreaker
Mirage
Ravage (the Jaguar)
Rumble

And look into the nearly $100 import Masterpieces of

Optimus Pirme
Starscream
Megatron

The above are the only Transformers I own or would own until other products come out that are to my satisfaction.

But thank you Luuuuke and Jango Speck for your posts. I love the above Transformers I listed, but our TF thread here is full of blind followers who probably liked the Headmasters back in the day.

Turbowars
06-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Found a few figures from wave 3 today. If I would had gone to my 3rd stop 1st I might had got the whole case. :whip:

figrin bran
06-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Two of the BEST posts I've ever seen on this site regarding Transformers can be found above! :thumbsup:

But thank you Luuuuke and Jango Speck for your posts. I love the above Transformers I listed, but our TF thread here is full of blind followers who probably liked the Headmasters back in the day.

oh great...mr. sophisticated toy non collector is at it again. :p

BlueSnags
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Attn: Local LA Guys-

I've got an extra Lord Of The Rings Balrog (produced by NECA in scale with the ToyBiz LOTR figures) for sale. I'm only asking $90 for it (I believe MSRP was $120), so if any of you LOTR fans want it, shoot me a PM. The Balrog is still sealed in the box.

JodyB
06-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Wave 3 and Saga Legends Wave at Eagle Rock Target this morning...

Jango Speck
06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Wave 3 and lots of VTAC at Burbank Target as of 9am.

toonimator
06-04-2007, 12:43 PM
On Saturday I received a loose McLuke in the mail with a loose Villie for fodder. Not TOO bad for $20 shipped. Looks like HTS took Luke off their site so it may be awhile before I can get a 2nd one. Awesome little figure, though the belt-clip for the saber hilt warps something fierce with the hilt in it. Kinda disappointed about that. Can't wait for Wave 4 to get a Vader to go with him!

Wave 3 hit Burbank Target this morning, so naturally I was 2 minutes late. I picked up a Stormtrooper and Jawa, and surprisingly I'm not all that thrilled with the Stormie. The stance IS a bit wider which is very nice, but I doubt I'll be goin crazy trying to scoop up tons of 'em. Love the Jawa & LIN droid, I don't care if the scale's off. Hasbro needs to duplicate the mold for the Jawa's blaster and retool it with a DL-44 short scope on the side (not top!) and then we'd have a perfect ESB/ROTJ Han/Luke blaster. It's SOOOO much nicer than the crappy one with Bespin Luke or the hair-dryer VTSC/Endor one.

There were 3 Vaders, so I THINK they put out a partial of a 2nd case, or put one out yesterday afternoon/evening. Commtech scored the only McChewie this morning and the other Stormie, and nobody was in any hurry to grab Luke or Biggs. I like Biggs, but passed for now. Tons of Marines & Airbornes & Maces to go around.

No restock on Transformers that I noticed, just a couple odd extras from yesterday afternoon I suppose (Ratchet, more Real Gears). The Target-exclusive Scout assortment showed up yesterday, and it's all Cybertron repaints. Kinda lame. That place got cleaned out Saturday morning, and TRU was even worse! I helped a buddy fill his cart with Deluxe figures he hadn't spotted, in addition to all the bigger ones he'd grabbed, and other people were filling carts & talking about what was rare and stuff (I tried to get people to stop saying Starscream was rare, since he's packed the same as any other $20 TF). I passed on all the TFs for now, there's only a few I'd like and I know there'll be plenty once the initial excitement dies down. I did get Optimash Prime for my nephew :)

Jango Speck
06-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I find Teenage mutante ninja turtles snow globe at target in pasadena but drop it coming down escalator.

Me so sad.:(

OK dude, none of your previous posts are at all interesting or relevant. I hope you have some productive information to share with us next time.:upset:

Tycho
06-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I think he could be Slicker, posting from a new ISP he uses on his ship, while he's mad-drunk as well. It's best he's posting here amusing us, rather than going top deck and falling off his boat. But it's just a guess.

Jango Speck
06-04-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't care who it is, it's just annoying. Forum trolls are frustrating, and deserve to be kicked.:whip:

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
I think they should just be head-butted off the bridge.

Jango Speck
06-04-2007, 02:46 PM
People who sit around & complain about toys all day are pretty annoying, Maybe they should re-evaluate their lives and decide what's truly important.:thumbsup:

Feel free to ignore me and go back to asking for random movie background and expanded universe figures. Once they are made, all the star wars fans, will either 1) b---- about how they don't have ankle articulation or 2) that they are so good, if you don't like it, you should quit collecting.

YO JOE!!!:ninja:

That's why we have this forum! I suggest that you find a different place to mumble about random stuff that doesn't pertain to L.A. Star Wars collecting.

darkagent
06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Wave 3 and Saga Legends Wave at Eagle Rock Target this morning...

I knew I should've gone there this morning. After not putting anything out all weekend, it figures that they put something out today. Saw your post and decided to stop by before going to work. Got there around 10am and found that there was nothing left. The same Hans, Lukes and Mace figuresfrom the weekend were all that was left.

Commtech
06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
McBoba is in stock at the Hasbro ToyShop!! Anyone got a coupon?

toonimator
06-04-2007, 02:55 PM
There's over 150, so play nice & share. :) I'm McBobaed out for now (ALMOST finished painting my first custom of my quintet... I HATE painting ball-joints, may try dying the arms & legs of the next one first)

Commtech
06-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Boba's still in stock at HTS if anyone's interested. I guess everyone's got their fill.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&ID=19250

didgeboy
06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the McBoba! Finally snagged two. Wave two is not yet appearing in my 'hood here, so this helps a bunch. Cheers to everyone in LaLaLand.

wampaslayr
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
McFett has left the building!!!:upset:

He is once again sold out.

Luuuuuuke
06-04-2007, 07:09 PM
McFett has left the building!!!:upset:

He is once again sold out.

He was around for a surprisingly long time though.

Now, if that would only happen with the McTroopers. I want one to open.

On the "Just Found" front, not that anyone gives a bleep about what is found in the San Gabriel Valley:D, I found another Saga Legends AOTC clone at Rosemead Target. I have not seen any evidence TAC 3 has been stocked there.

Baldwin Park Target has had Saga Legends, but I have not seen any evidence of TAC 3 there, and I've checked on their DPCI machines. Nothing there.

Baldwin Park Wal-Mart continues to have a ton of old Saga figures, so I cannot even imagine them hanging ANY TAC whatsoever. They see to stock the comic packs fairly often though.

West Covina K-Mart and K-Mart in Rosemead have carried TAC 3, but all I've seen are Vaders.

You guys in the San Fernando Valley seem to be swimming in slightly if not a lot more Wave 3 at this moment.

Turbowars
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Wave 3 and lots of VTAC at Burbank Target as of 9am.
Man this is what kills me! I was there yesterday and they didn't have ANYTHING! DAMN IT!!

I know this is pathetic, but if anyone can score me a MC Chewy and Jawa, I'll be your best friend! LOL 2 of each would be killer, but I wont press my luck.

toonimator
06-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I'll try to nab a Chewie & Jawa for ya. I plan to get most of my Chewies (all 73 of them) from HasbroToyShop. ;) I'm lookin for one in-store, but if Wave 2's any indication I should be able to score a couple online since I'm only after 3 total.

Turbowars
06-05-2007, 12:27 AM
I'll try to nab a Chewie & Jawa for ya. I plan to get most of my Chewies (all 73 of them) from HasbroToyShop. ;) I'm lookin for one in-store, but if Wave 2's any indication I should be able to score a couple online since I'm only after 3 total.
Thank you Sir. I wish I had a job that let me shop before work.:yes:

Commtech
06-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Thank you Sir. I wish I had a job that let me shop before work.:yes:

Why don't you quit?:crazed:

Turbowars
06-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Why don't you quit?:crazed:
I have been thinking about doing that, but I don't think I could take looking at Boxcar Willie and Bob everyday.

K M Toydarian
06-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Went to Crenshaw WalMart this morning at 8:30 and found a lone Biggs among some wave 1 & 2. I have to assume there was more wave 3 at opening, or it was leftover.

Tonight at closing, Van Nuys (Sepelveda/Burbank) had a ton of leftover wave 3. I don't think anyone will have too much trouble finding troopers to army build for a while. Seems Airborne and Stormtroopers abound . Bought the 2 Lukes, for the Vaporator, and the Jawa. One Biggs left and quite a few Vaders. There were at least 6 stormtroopers and Airbornes each, but I didn't count. They should be there in the am though.
Feel McChewy will be tough to find. I have one coming in my EE case, but that is only one of each new figure, and some previous troops. Need 1 Chewy to open, and maybe a couple Jawas and on to wave 4.

aeneas89
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
5 minutes ago...

I was at LaCienega Target - a lot of wave 3, concept chewie, jawas, d maul, vaders, yoda, biggs, etc.

also comic books, #'s 2,3,4,19,55 - some vehicles - vader fighter, sith infiltrator.

all i got was a chewie.

Happy Hunting.

toonimator
06-05-2007, 12:05 PM
My Biggs stash from yesterday got found... and returned to the pegs! All that remained of Wave 3, so I bought him. There's just Mace, an Honor Guard, and the usual Hans & Yavin Lukes left today. More TFs (Blackout, Ratchet, a few exclusive Primes) so I picked up a Target Optimus.

darkagent
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I was at LaCienega Target - a lot of wave 3, concept chewie, jawas, d maul, vaders, yoda, biggs, etc.

Welcome to the group and thanks for the heads up. I stopped by before work (around 10:30) and was able to get all the clones I needed. It was actually a surprise to see so many clones still on the shelf. All the Jawas, Darth Mauls, Yodas, Concept Chewies and Biggs were gone. It looks like the new Storntrooper is going to be a peg warmer. I've seen quite a few sitting on shelves now.

aeneas89
06-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the group and thanks for the heads up. I stopped by before work (around 10:30) and was able to get all the clones I needed. It was actually a surprise to see so many clones still on the shelf. All the Jawas, Darth Mauls, Yodas, Concept Chewies and Biggs were gone. It looks like the new Storntrooper is going to be a peg warmer. I've seen quite a few sitting on shelves now.

thanks, darkagent. i was at target culver city about a half hour ago, 2 v-wing fighters, a lot of clones, 2 vaders and 1 yoda.

Luuuuuuke
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Found a Stormtrooper at Pico Rivera Target. No TAC 3 at Baldwin Park, nor in stock room. Not that impressed with Stormtrooper. I'm just getting this one.

It's still early so I'm fairly hopeful of finding Chewie. I'd be happy with one and thrilled with two.

Still can't believe how much old Saga crap is hanging from Baldwin Park Wal-Mart.

Jango Speck
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Still can't believe how much old Saga crap is hanging from Baldwin Park Wal-Mart.

Most of the WalMarts near Santa Clarita are also jammed with Saga product, and apparently the same is true across the country.

Kidhuman
06-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah, TSC is horrid at WM here, it keeps coming out along with H&V carp.

BlueSnags
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
My Wave 3 case that I ordered from D&S Toys showed up today. Very cool. LOVE the McQuarrie Chewie!:laugh:

BlueSnags
06-05-2007, 05:58 PM
CIV McQuarrie Droid set is up on SWS.com if anyone still needs it:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=406815

-Snags

Tycho
06-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Sears / K-Mart had wave 3 today, just now in the afternoon.

K M Toydarian
06-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Stopped there around 12:30, picked up a Battle droid set. Lots of troopers at WEHO Target too. At least the troopers have a chance of being bought when they last on the pegs, unlike some of the alien characters (Lushros). I think the problem is everyone stocked up on Tantive V Battle Packs, and Airbornes and Marines from TAC wave 1, and now collectors don't need them at the moment. With the Star Wars sections more filled up though and summer here (more kids shopping with mom) I think Star Wars will fare well and sell through product quite fast.
I'd much rather see troopers left on the pegs than Lukes. Vader looks like he will definately be a constant presence though.

BlueSnags
06-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,

If anyone sees Saga Legends Clone Troopers or a McQuarrie Chewie (need an opener, so if it's smashed, that's OK), please stash 'em/grab 'em for me.:whip:

-Snags

figrin bran
06-05-2007, 10:48 PM
i hope this trend of troopers being easier to find continues! i've already all the Marines and Airbornes that i need (27 total!)

Luuuuuuke
06-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Ton of Airbornes and Marines in my area Targets too recently.

Crap, I went back to the Target I've been hitting the last 4 days for a McChewie and sure enough, they must have put a case or two out in the afternoon or early early evening. They had none in stockroom this morning.

Them are the breaks.

wampaslayr
06-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Simi Valley Target had lots of Stormtroopers and a couple of Lukes and Vaders and tons of galactic marines. Picked up the stormtrooper. Went to the Valencia Target and picked up the Biggs figure. Just need McChewie and Jawa from this wave.

Was looking around and saw a cart that was being used to restock toys and found a Legends Clone Trooper, which may have been a return. The package was messed up, but I was opening it for the coin anyway. It appears that there are only 6 coins with the legends figures, one for each movie. This clone had the EPII coin. That'll save me money since I only need one figure from each movie to get all six coins.

Commtech
06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Went to K-mart. There were a few figures from Wave 3 but no Chewie or Jawas. I stashed the 2 stormies if anyone needs them.

stash has been claimed!

toonimator
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't know for sure, but the Darktrooper may have a 7th coin if they do one for EU.

Target had remnants of Wave 3 at 8am today, 1 each of Vader, Jawa, and Stormie, plus 2 Marines & an Airborne. I picked up the Stormie & Jawa, mirroring Monday; done with those for now. Just need to find McChewie(s) and an extra Biggs or two for customs, no need for Luke or Vader unless I cave for the Vaporator.

Also got the Robot Heroes Prime/Ravage 2-pack. :)

figrin bran
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Went to K-mart. There were a few figures from Wave 3 but no Chewie or Jawas. I stashed the 2 stormies if anyone needs them.

PM sent to you!

toonimator
06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
AOTC Clones, Shock Troopers, and ROTS Clones from Saga Legends are all available on HTS (as are most of the other Legends). The ROTS Clones show up in the Galactic Heroes page, of all places... V-wings are in stock as well! (Titanium AND 3.75"-scale!)

Correction: Shock Trooper outta stock. There were less than 20 left when I ordered one, and Hasbro didn't put limits on 'em (got 3 AOTC clones).

Funny Money
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
TRU La Cienega was a bust at 10am. May have met yet another new forum member. I feel like an Army recruiter

BlueSnags
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I was able to score 3 ROTS clones from HasbroToyShop but I missed the Shockie and the AOTC Troopers. If anyone wants to trade an AOTC Trooper for a ROTS Trooper, please shoot me a PM.

mtriv73
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
... It appears that there are only 6 coins with the legends figures, one for each movie. This clone had the EPII coin. That'll save me money since I only need one figure from each movie to get all six coins.

There is also an EU coin that will ship with the Dark Trooper, so there are at least 7.

Luuuuuuke
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Improbably, I found the 2 McChewies I wanted at the second Target I went to this morning. And they were practically the only wave 3 there. This was at West Covina Target, around 8:25 am. I think an employee must have put them on the pegs some time after opening. Thank you, Mystery Employee.

I went to Baldwin Park Target before, which has been my pattern the last 4 days. I knew that as of last night they still had some in stock, but they must have put the last TAC on the pegs before the store closed because they were no longer in teh stockroom this morning. For the last four days, only me and a Hot Wheels collector have hit this store at opening. I think we've had about the same crappy luck. He seemed like a nice guy. We joked about how we breathe a sigh of relief when we see each other because he does his thing and I do mine and that's it.

I'm done with wave 3. Got the one Stormie I want(seeing it in person cured my urge to get another) and the 2 McChewies(who remind me of monsters from Scooby Doo).

BlueSnags
06-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Opened up a Wave 3 Stormie last night. Not impressed. Don't like the clunky helmet that looks like it's about to fall off. I'm not sold on this OT-Troopers-with-removable-helmets kick that Hasbro seems to be on.

K M Toydarian
06-06-2007, 04:28 PM
After a long run to a few valley targets and walmarts this morning, the only new stuff I found was at Target Sepulveda/Burbank. This was my lasy stop and really only to get milk and of course check the toys. Turns out as I rounded the aisle a team member was petting a case of wave 3 on the pegs. Another collector was there with a few already stacked up as she unpacked them. He got the one Chewy but parted with one of the 2 jawas there.
This was around 11:30.
All I need now, like everyone else is a McChewy. I have a case on order from EE, but am just getting a few odds ond ends to open and hope to get an opener set of McQuarrie figures. At least Boba was 2 per case, but the other cases are only one per. Why?

MicroJow
06-06-2007, 04:43 PM
TWO McChewies are stashed at a Valley Target. PM me for info.

- J

wampaslayr is claiming one of the McChewies. There is still another... but they are in the same location, so if you go to pick it up, please be honest and leave the second for wampaslayr! Thanks!

- J

Both McChewies are claimed. Play nice, everyone! :)

- J

wampaslayr
06-06-2007, 05:03 PM
TWO McChewies are stashed at a Valley Target. PM me for info.

- J

Microjow, PM Sent for location.

CrunchyNug
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
PM sent!!!

toonimator
06-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Opened up a Wave 3 Stormie last night. Not impressed. Don't like the clunky helmet that looks like it's about to fall off. I'm not sold on this OT-Troopers-with-removable-helmets kick that Hasbro seems to be on.
I like it, but Hasbro really just screwed up the head. I'm partaking in a long argument over on RS with someone who swears the new one is atrocious and they should bring back the 'superior' VOTC, which I disagree with (giant ball on the neck, visible from many angles, bad helmet sculpt, and all the other nitpicks that plague both VOTC and TAC). If Hasbro'd made a bigger head, the helmet would sit just fine and look great -- case in point, I've got my Comic Han and my 1st TAC Stormie at work. Swapped heads. Han's head on TAC body + TAC helmet = beautiful Stormtrooper with no major head problems.

I wish Hasbro'd mix it up some more, with some non-Jango heads, but they may wait for repacks to try those. Otherwise, I love the removable helmets even on OT troopers.

As for why McFett got 2-per-case, probably because it's Boba Fett! He goes quick in almost any form.

Luuuuuuke
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Has anyone else seen problems with the Saga legends AOTC clone trooper's head joint? I've gotten 2 of these and both had extremely loose neck-head joints. It's hard to keep the head upright. It usually sags to some side or other. I think the neck peg is either too small or the hole beneath the helmet is too wide.

It's not a huge problem, but still.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Target on La Cienega in West LA and Kmart at 3rd & Fairfax both had all of TAC wave 3 last night minus concept Chewie, the only one I still need (stashing would be much appreciated). Saga Legends out the wingwang at both as well.

Kmart there also had the Titanium V-wing wave.

BTW, I emailed twice for my C IV SSG badge and still no reply.Steve sent out like 90 of these things, every email he got he sent the replies on, but he got a ton of bounce-backs.

The convention itself was 'okay', I guess... I've been to too many of these things.I thought it was great, but it was my first SW Celebration.

I went by Legacy Comics here in Glendale and they had Bossk, Leia, Luke, and Han from VTAC for $6.99. HOWEVER, they were removed from the star cases, the peg hole was punched out, and obviously the coin-form info was removed. Still, for extras it's not a bad deal (regular TAC starts at $9.99 there, with troops like the Marine goin for $13, and McQuarries probably going for even more). Picked up Bossk & Leia for myself, Luke for a coworker since he doesn't care about the coin thing. I'm guessing the Snowtrooper wasn't so cheap even 'open', and wouldn't be surprised if IG was a bit more, too.Oh snap, that's a good one, any Bossks or Lukes left?

Just download the badge from the forum, then open it in a photo editor and change Steve's name to yours. (You can google "Star Wars font" and get the exact same font). That's what I did, and even after he emailed it to me, mine looked better because his fonts came out jagged for some reason. (No Offense SirSteve!) By the way, Target sells the little 4x6 lamination kits.I noticed that, he left anti-aliasing off, I suspect because some printers don't do well with that but I never asked.

I knew those badges weren't going to work, I remember back on "Fan Day", the 1 month anniversary of TPM, we had SSG fan day badges and I wore them to the digital screening where it turned out we had to wear entry badges as well, entry badges covered up the Fan Day ones. :p

i read some comments on the GG blog that if you have multiple items on preorder and one of them isn't available but the others are, they won't let you get the ones that are in stock. great going GG! A friend of mine had exactly that happen to him! There's a lesson we can all take from that, if you're going to preorder this stuff, make them separate preorders from each other.

did you guys get the EE catalog in the mail? they have 2 mandolorian sets coming later this summer.They're not all mandalorians, I think the copy there confused it, it's still a mystery pack so far and only the first one is confirmed to be a mandalorian. I think that figure, Llats Ward, is meant to represent Hasbro's Brian Parrish and I suspect the other removable helmets will reveal the rest of the SW Hasbro team but that's only a total guess.

If any of you guys have extra c3po and r2 mcquarrie sets you want to trade or sell, shoot me a PM.Hey! :p

I got a kind of cool holographic card with my delivery of the L.A. Times this morning of a Buddha turning into Yoda and vice versa. It's for the "Legacy" program on the History Channel tonight. They were giving that out at the convention, a 4-pack of the various ads they have out (yoda-buddha; lightsaber-sword; x-wing - WW2 fighter plane; German soldier helmet-stormtrooper helmet).

Finally completed the set of all 12 CIV Medallions after attending what seemed like 25 One Hour Collector Panels. :thumbsup:"like"? It was 25 1-hour panels to get them all... well, 24 since the last one didn't have them and you'd know that if you were at the second-to-last one. :p I got that one actually, my only one. They're much nicer than I expected.

1 Concept Chewie - this figure is large but kind of cartoony. I'm not sure I'll keep him.*

*Chewie is for a background alien, posing as some other species to populate my dioramas, but he's still very fake-looking for that use. I bought POTC figures for my background that I'm more comfortable using. If Chewie makes it (probably for Coruscant's CoCo Street outside of Club Outlander, I'll decide if I want to get any more of this figure. Let's just say I'm not thrilled, but then I don't like most of the McQuarrie stuff - I just wish I could find 2 of those Fetts!You don't want to keep him, you want to send him to your old pal JediTricks. :D

Oh, their Sith Infiltrator (I think only 1 of them) is sitting there but the V-wings have sold through since the last time I was there, as I predicted they would.I'm not trying to defend the Sith Infilsucker, but there are several cases with it that have no V-wing at all, and some where it's more SIs than V-wings.

IG-88's cool, but glad I got him first & opened... I was toying with buying several for IG Lancers or the goofy EU "other bodies" that the main IG-88 controlled, but cool as he looks, he's got some downsides. I tried just about every blaster in my fodder-bin/accessory-storage, none fit all that well in his back holster. The Rebel DH-17 kinda fits but it might warp the scope, and if the bottom of the holster was wider it'd be perfect for 88's E-11... ah well.Yeah, nothing fits that holster, it's not designed right, material is too hard and the cavity isn't quite wide enough.

Looks like Eagle Rock Target put out a case of TAC 3 this morning. Heard this from some guys while waiting for Los Feliz TRU to open today (nothing new). Of course they were all snatched up. Also heard that the Hasbro booth at CIV yesterday was selling sets of TAC 3.2 mexican dudes told you that, right? They were right too, Eagle Rock had the Vintage minus the Snowtrooper 40 minutes later, but Pasadena 1 and 2 story had nothing. Stupid TRU didn't even look like they had straightened their wothless barren shelves from the day before.

Plus he's missing his 3rd 'eye' on the side, which is odd. He's not missing it, it's there and even painted red, they just cut it down to a nub for some reason. :ermm:

i finally got around to opening those free packs of the pocketmodel TCG from CIV. they look like they could be fun but actually they suck...as i was putting one of the TIE Fighters together, the tabs to attach the panels broke off.

As soon as I opened them and saw how friggin' tiny they were, I got real skeptical. Then when I assembled them with my sausage fingers, I got ****ed off. They are a good idea, poorly executed. Had they been significantly larger, I would have loved them.Geez guys, what did you do, assemble 'em with your feet?!? :p I didn't have any breakage with these, found them quite charming actually even though they're not die-cut right and I assembled the X-wing wings wrong so they faced the same way. I even disassembled them and put them back in their slots in the tray board.

I was really excited about this game, for the "models", not the game.
WizKids' Pirate ships are amazing little models.

The smaller craft like the Ties, Jedi Fighters, etc are not that interesting because they are so small and simple, but the Lambda Class Shuttle is an amazing piece of model engineering. I bought a tin with the 5 boosters and the larger ships are fun to put together. Problem is there aren't that many, and they repeat a lot. Out of the 80 different ships there are 20 styles, and some are more rare.

I would love to see more intricate models like the Pirate ships. A jabba sail Barge would be great, Trade Federation Control ship, Slave 1, Republic Gunship, ATAT, Infiltrator.

There are alot of options to expand this game, and I hope the models get more detailed in their construction.Yeah, I tossed those game cards off to the side the second I opened the wrapper, what the hell are they thinking doing CCG *and* models?!? It's one or the other, pick a friggin' gimmick! Luckily, I thought the models were really clever, and the full packs have 4 to 8 per pack.

I got my 2 McFetts! A guy who's a friend of a friend's found them at another store and Wave 3 hit my Target this morning. I didn't need anything from Wave 3, so I bought his figures and traded them (McChewie, Trooper) for the Fetts I needed. It worked out well for both of us.NOOOOOOOO!!!! Oh well, no Chewie for me.

Wow, sucky news on the JLU exclusive! At least they're only charging retail $10 for it, to take some of the sting outta the bait-n-switch. That Man-Bat which'd be $10 at retail's goin for $20!! I hope Mattel's exclusive system is better at this year's SDCC than years past. I never liked that lottery thing.Man, I totally HATE that stupid lottery thing - oh boy, I've won the right to give you jerks money! LEGO was pulling that for their CIV exclusive at the show, $50 for a little box diorama with 5 minifigs, Steve and I both drew not realizing exactly what was up here. That crap has to die a horrible death!

Hey guys,

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a PM - thank you !They had fridge magnets of the badge art at the show but only the public badges at the time, no vip, press, crew, etc.. They're on SWshop as a set now: http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=406373

Wave 3 hit Burbank Target this morning, so naturally I was 2 minutes late. I picked up a Stormtrooper and Jawa, and surprisingly I'm not all that thrilled with the Stormie. The stance IS a bit wider which is very nice, but I doubt I'll be goin crazy trying to scoop up tons of 'em.I'm in the same boat, not all that thrilled, although I don't see the stance being a bit wider than the VOTC (it's the same body, unlike the Tantive IV Battle Pack version). The helmet also warps slightly to conform to the trooper's head beneath. I bought 2 last night, that's probably all I'll ever want. I may just buy the Tantive BP again though, that trooper is awesome.

Love the Jawa & LIN droid, I don't care if the scale's off. Hasbro needs to duplicate the mold for the Jawa's blaster and retool it with a DL-44 short scope on the side (not top!) and then we'd have a perfect ESB/ROTJ Han/Luke blaster. It's SOOOO much nicer than the crappy one with Bespin Luke or the hair-dryer VTSC/Endor one.Yeah, that blaster is nice and those others are indeed crappy! Does the Luke version of the blaster have that coil on the back the way this Jawa one does though?

BTW, for buyers of this TAC Jawa, he's got a droid caller accessory in his left hand (his belt has a loop to hold it even) this is easily overlooked and lost.

I don't care who it is, it's just annoying. Forum trolls are frustrating, and deserve to be kicked.:whip:Done.

I think they should just be head-butted off the bridge."Mister Worf's forehead looks like a fanny" is the quote that came to my mind when I read that.

Welcome to the group and thanks for the heads up. I stopped by before work (around 10:30) and was able to get all the clones I needed. It was actually a surprise to see so many clones still on the shelf. All the Jawas, Darth Mauls, Yodas, Concept Chewies and Biggs were gone. It looks like the new Storntrooper is going to be a peg warmer. I've seen quite a few sitting on shelves now.They must have restocked in the afternoon because last night they had everything but Maul and McQ Chewie.

Opened up a Wave 3 Stormie last night. Not impressed. Don't like the clunky helmet that looks like it's about to fall off. I'm not sold on this OT-Troopers-with-removable-helmets kick that Hasbro seems to be on.I don't think it looks like it's about to fall off, but on the other side of that, it actually DOES fall off all the damn time!

I like it, but Hasbro really just screwed up the head. I'm partaking in a long argument over on RS with someone who swears the new one is atrocious and they should bring back the 'superior' VOTC, which I disagree with (giant ball on the neck, visible from many angles, bad helmet sculpt, and all the other nitpicks that plague both VOTC and TAC). If Hasbro'd made a bigger head, the helmet would sit just fine and look great -- case in point, I've got my Comic Han and my 1st TAC Stormie at work. Swapped heads. Han's head on TAC body + TAC helmet = beautiful Stormtrooper with no major head problems.You're absolutely right about that visual part, but if Hasbro had made a bigger head, the helmet would warp even worse than it does now. Both of mine are warped out on the left side of the helmet face.

I'm thinking maybe we should do a collectors lunch sometime, I was actually going to suggest it for this week but I'm sick as a dog. In general, what days/times/areas are good for y'all?

toonimator
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
That's odd, mine has absolutely no warping on the helmet, because the head's so ridiculously small! Han's head is a snug fit, while it wobbles on the clone head, but even Han doesn't warp it (it's pretty much the same helmet as Comic Han's anyway, indentations within and all)

When I open my 2nd Stormie tonight I'll know more, and I'll be able to compare it with my VOTC Stormie. The stance does seem wider to me, maybe the bubble-tray warping has something to do with that (anyone else notice Wave 3 Biggs' toes are trying to jump up to his knees cuz of the bubble??)

I'm still not thrilled with the Stormie, but really enjoyable if you swap heads.

Kidhuman
06-06-2007, 09:32 PM
My gawd JT, that was as long as a 17 page article. :p

darkagent
06-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Has anyone else seen problems with the Saga legends AOTC clone trooper's head joint? I've gotten 2 of these and both had extremely loose neck-head joints. It's hard to keep the head upright. It usually sags to some side or other. I think the neck peg is either too small or the hole beneath the helmet is too wide.

It's not a huge problem, but still.

Yeah, I've opened 2 and both have loose head joints.

Jango Speck
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Are we talking about a weekday lunch or a weekend thing?

Thanks for kicking that guy off of our thread. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
06-06-2007, 10:24 PM
The 2 AOTC legends clones i got the other day are fine with no loose head joints.

so i missed out on the hasbrotoyshop goodies yet again...this is getting really old. furthermore, why is the aotc clone grouped with TAC while the other figures in the wave grouped with saga collection?

wampaslayr
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
wampaslayr is claiming one of the McChewies. There is still another... but they are in the same location, so if you go to pick it up, please be honest and leave the second for wampaslayr! Thanks!

- J

Thanks Microjow for the stash. It was right where you said it would be.

K M Toydarian
06-06-2007, 11:47 PM
The 2 AOTC legends clones i got the other day are fine with no loose head joints.

so i missed out on the hasbrotoyshop goodies yet again...this is getting really old. furthermore, why is the aotc clone grouped with TAC while the other figures in the wave grouped with saga collection?

McFett and McStormy on Hasbrotoyshop now!

edit:McStormy now out of stock 1 minute later, Fett still there

further edit: McFett out of stock 30 seconds after that!
Wow. People are on the ball with those. There was a 2 limit too.

figrin bran
06-07-2007, 12:00 AM
i had McFetts in my cart but got greedy trying to get enough stuff to qualify for the SPTIER code which gives $10 off of 50.

oh well, at least i got the V-Wing and Plo JSF titaniums and some ROTS legends clones.

aeneas89
06-07-2007, 12:41 AM
i got distracted as well and lost on the mcfett deal.

i should have minded master yoda - the shadow of greed being the path to the dark side and all that.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:01 AM
That's odd, mine has absolutely no warping on the helmet, because the head's so ridiculously small! Han's head is a snug fit, while it wobbles on the clone head, but even Han doesn't warp it (it's pretty much the same helmet as Comic Han's anyway, indentations within and all)Hmm, that's weird. It seems to be the nose of the figure, every time I put the helmet on, it wants to align itself so the nose is off to the side - it's another asymmetrical head I believe, that's been happening too much with these ball-jointed heads.

When I open my 2nd Stormie tonight I'll know more, and I'll be able to compare it with my VOTC Stormie. The stance does seem wider to me, maybe the bubble-tray warping has something to do with thatCould be the tray, I'll check mine out more carefully as well.

My gawd JT, that was as long as a 17 page article. :pThat was 1 page, you can tell because you kept scrolling to read it. I was just catching up with this thread since the last time I visited, right before CIV. Plus, what do you care, you're not even in our area! :D

Are we talking about a weekday lunch or a weekend thing?

Thanks for kicking that guy off of our thread. :thumbsup:Sure thing.

Um, that's really up to you guys and what works for the majority of you, I don't work in an office so my schedule is just as screwed up weekdays and weekends. ;)

Commtech
06-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Um, that's really up to you guys and what works for the majority of you, I don't work in an office so my schedule is just as screwed up weekdays and weekends. ;)

That sounds like my schedule too.:ninja:

Kidhuman
06-07-2007, 06:35 AM
That was 1 page, you can tell because you kept scrolling to read it. I was just catching up with this thread since the last time I visited, right before CIV. Plus, what do you care, you're not even in our area! :D

As the mod of the section, I must read all posts here.

toonimator
06-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that blaster is nice and those others are indeed crappy! Does the Luke version of the blaster have that coil on the back the way this Jawa one does though?
Nah... Luke's ESB blaster was virtually identical to Han's ESB blaster except (according to partsofsw.com) for detailing on the side opposite the scope. For action-figure purposes, Hasbro should just make 1 new mold and use it for BOTH characters. I got the WEG RPG books in the early 90s (yet never played! no SW uber-geeks in my area) and saw the prop & wondered "who had the Han Blaster with a coil?!"

PartsofSW said a couple Imperial Officers in ANH had 'em, namely the "TK-421 why aren't you at your post?" guy and his buddy. Not Jawas.

The handle's a little short for figures without trigger-fingers, but it's still great. Far better than the DL-44s we've had for the past several years.

I checked out my 2nd Stormie last night, his legs are narrower than the one at work, about the same as my VOTC Stormie (which has yellowed quite a bit!). Helmet's also looser on the head. DSG head is too big for the TAC neck, Comic Luke's head fits fine of course but the TAC helmet's sturdier than the Comic one so I didn't dare force it all the way on.

I skipped the stores today since I realized I'd be late and thus it'd be pointless... anything good?

Commtech
06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I skipped the stores today since I realized I'd be late and thus it'd be pointless... anything good?

Nothing good today at Target.

stillakid
06-07-2007, 01:12 PM
As the mod of the section, I must read all posts here.

Like this one?

toonimator
06-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Pre-ordered SSC ANH Obi-Wan :)

Funny Money
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM

WHEW! Me too. Site went down and I was on the phone trying for 40 minutes! Just curious, did you get an order through the site or phone line?

BlueSnags
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM

Same here. Got an order in thru the site a few min ago.:whip:

K M Toydarian
06-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Opted out of stores this morning, knowing I'd be online for awhile. Got Obi 12" over the phone after 40 mins or software errors. Operator told me right off their server was down, and when asked, she told me they are honoring reward points for phone orders because of it.

aeneas89
06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
[/quote]I skipped the stores today since I realized I'd be late and thus it'd be pointless... anything good?[/quote]

toys r us la cienega a bust

toonimator
06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I got mine thru the site, around 10:10 or so after lots of "loading" and one "time out" message.

Looks like HTS restocked the troopers today; clones (Wave 1) were sold out this morning after yesterday evening's McFett & McTrooper restock but they're back. Didn't check at 11:30 tho so I don't know if the McQuarrie figures made another brief appearance.

darkagent
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I also got mine around 10:10am. Didn't have any problems. The first try (to connect to the website) seemed to be taking too long, so I closed it and opened a new window. It took awhile to load the page, but no problems after that.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Preordering Obi-Wan was a disaster for me, it took me an hour 34 mins to get the server to let me order, and as soon as I finished up went the less-than-100-left icon.

That sounds like my schedule too.:ninja:Yuck, my condolences then. Any thoughts to a centralized area? I'm not sure where anybody else is coming from yet but someone's got to be first.

As the mod of the section, I must read all posts here.Haw haw! Oh wait, I have to read even more than that for the same reason. :( ;)

Nah... Luke's ESB blaster was virtually identical to Han's ESB blaster except (according to partsofsw.com) for detailing on the side opposite the scope.The scope on Luke's is also hanging at a different angle on the gun, it's more off to the side.

For action-figure purposes, Hasbro should just make 1 new mold and use it for BOTH characters. Whatever they do, they should make a new Han gun soon, the one they have is sorry.

PartsofSW said a couple Imperial Officers in ANH had 'em, namely the "TK-421 why aren't you at your post?" guy and his buddy. Not Jawas. It doesn't say a Jawa didn't have it too, but yeah, I see what you mean.

The handle's a little short for figures without trigger-fingers, but it's still great. Far better than the DL-44s we've had for the past several years.Definitely!!!

I checked out my 2nd Stormie last night, his legs are narrower than the one at work, about the same as my VOTC Stormie (which has yellowed quite a bit!). Helmet's also looser on the head. DSG head is too big for the TAC neck, Comic Luke's head fits fine of course but the TAC helmet's sturdier than the Comic one so I didn't dare force it all the way on. If Comic Luke's head fits on this post, we'll be seeing a Luke Trooper soon, I'm sure of it.

K M Toydarian
06-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Went out and about this afternoon. No new figures by the looks of it anywhere.
Did find the single pack Galactic heroes though. Jedi Luke, Han Hoth, Vader, 3PO, Chewy, Green AOTC clone, Bossk, and red Battle Droid. Bought all but Bossk and AOTC droid(didn't see him) between 2 Big Lots. 2.50 each. Unnecessary, but a cute novelty like the BackPack danglers.

Oh yeah, noticed a new Plug and Play OT game at Target. Falcon joystick with OT games.

Also got the Clone Wars Saesee Tinn Bust-up set from a comic store in Studio City. No variant unmasked sets there.

toonimator
06-07-2007, 08:52 PM
The scope on Luke's is also hanging at a different angle on the gun, it's more off to the side.

Whatever they do, they should make a new Han gun soon, the one they have is sorry.

If Comic Luke's head fits on this post, we'll be seeing a Luke Trooper soon, I'm sure of it.
Looking at the site, the scopes on BOTH their weapons are off to the side for ESB (while the stunt version for in-holster scenes had the scope up top more, which led to the ROTJ Han blaster's high-mounted scope... which is pretty much what we've had since Endor Raid Luke, just flimsy-lookin). So, yeah, a new one'd be great :) I like the scope farther down as in ESB anyway, so I'd be satisfied with that look for a new one.

Luke's head DOES fit (they're the same molds, really, except maybe a couple minor tweaks), as does Han's, so yeah we're due for a pair of movie-deco versions soon :) I guess there's a rumor that they'll show up in a Battlepack, but while I love the concept I'm sure the execution won't be up to snuff. My guess is we'll get Han & Luke, Cloud City Chewie with the ol' POTF2 Stormtrooper rifle, VOTC Leia, and a DS Trooper or Stormtrooper... decent, but dull. If it's exclusive I'd like to see one 'new' figure: a minorly-retooled & repainted Jerjerrod, to give us Lt. Shann Childsen. Forget Leia, just have Han, Luke, EB Chewie (with proper blasters, so Chewie'd have 2004 Dengar's rifle in black), Childsen (with the Jawa pistol) and a DS Trooper with a DH-17 blaster instead of E-11 and a new head. I like it too much, though, so I know it won't happen ;)

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
As far as I can tell, the battlepack rumor is just something I threw out as a guess last week, there's no validity to it whatsoever, I said "maybe they'll do them as a battle pack instead of carded" and it ran from there. It'd make sense though, BPs are selling good now and they can shoehorn the figures into the line a lot faster that way than scheduling in the basic line. But I know a lot of collectors want Han Trooper on basic card finally.

I'd kind of like to see the Cellblock shootout as a BP, have Luke and Han troopers with their helmets flying off, Early Bird Kit Chewie with the long rifle (I'm greedy! but they can cut down on the paint apps to save a buck), a regular Stormtrooper (Tantive IV Battle Pack version with a new belt) and an Imperial Officer behind a cardboard control panel.

figrin bran
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Preordering Obi-Wan was a disaster for me, it took me an hour 34 mins to get the server to let me order, and as soon as I finished up went the less-than-100-left icon.

Yuck, my condolences then. Any thoughts to a centralized area? I'm not sure where anybody else is coming from yet but someone's got to be first.

JT, let's make 'em come out to Los Feliz or Glendale :D

Funny Money
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
May have already been mentioned on the boards,... http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4752943/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

TAC 2 in stock... minus Fett, of course

Funny Money
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
This too...
"Spend $15 or more (before shipping, taxes or handling surcharges are calculated) of ANY Star Wars items, and you'll get a FREE Star Wars Keychain."

http://www.kbtoys.com/mp/053007SWKeychain.html

BlueSnags
06-08-2007, 12:42 AM
JT, let's make 'em come out to Los Feliz or Glendale :D

I vote for Burbank. And a place that serves alcohol.

Jango Speck
06-08-2007, 12:59 AM

Here here...hiccup! Have we settled on a date yet?

CrunchyNug
06-08-2007, 02:16 AM

This is long overdue. Let's drink and play darts!!! Pip pip.

Commtech
06-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Hooters by the Burbank Mall. LOL!!!:D

Jango Speck
06-08-2007, 03:10 AM
This is long overdue. Let's drink and play darts!!! Pip pip.

Blue Chip Tavern?

swabie2424
06-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Tin Horn Flats on Magnolia. We can brawl with some Hell's Angels!

toonimator
06-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I was the only SW guy with 3 Hot Wheelers at Burbank Target this morning... strolled in, McChewie on the front of the pegs!! :) Only a Luke and a Jawa otherwise from Wave 3, plus a few of the older figures. Around 4 or 5 Hans, 3 Lukes, 3 Maces, 2 RHGs, that's it. Pegs aren't even half-full, and no sign of Legends yet.

Jango Speck
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I grabbed that Jawa this morning. I want to army build some, but I have no use for extra droids. :(

Kidhuman
06-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I grabbed that Jawa this morning. I want to army build some, but I have no use for extra droids. :(

If ya want I will take a droid off your hands. I have no use for the Jawa, but want a droid.

Jango Speck
06-08-2007, 03:32 PM
If ya want I will take a droid off your hands. I have no use for the Jawa, but want a droid.

Are you asking me to trade a jawa for a droid?

Kidhuman
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I didnt buy a set of these yet because I dont want the Jawa, but want the droid, so I will take a droid off your hands if you have any extras.

Luuuuuuke
06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
For those of you who ordered the Concept Luke from HTS:

In case you have not, check your emails. HTS is NOW asking that if you still want these, you have to call them by June 9. They are no longer going to assume that you still want the McLukes shipped--without the discount and with the additional shipping--if you do nothing.

They must have realized that was shady at best, and illegal at worst.

BlueSnags
06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Just ordered a few more Snowtroopers from KB.:laugh:

Only $9.99 each with $5 shipping - they won't last long...

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4762321/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

CrunchyNug
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Just ordered a few more Snowtroopers from KB.:laugh:

Only $9.99 each with $5 shipping - they won't last long...

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4762321/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

You're right, that didn't last long.

BlueSnags
06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
You're right, that didn't last long.

Did any of you guys get any? :(

aeneas89
06-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Toys R us on La Cienega has snowtroopers today

i saw at least 2-3

Luuuuuuke
06-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I find Snowtroopers about 50% of the times I hit a Target at opening. Not too bad. I'm happy with the three openers I have right now, but if I see a couple more at Wal-Mart, I might get them. Unfortunately, they sell faster at WM because of the price difference.

I have not seen any at TRU though. And KB still has the same Greedos and Endor Hans.

Funny Money
06-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Toys R us on La Cienega has snowtroopers today

i saw at least 2-3

Yes,
I forgot to post, aeneas89 and I were there at 10am and I stashed a TAC Shocktrooper, Battle Droids and a Vintage Snowtrooper... in one location and stashed a McChewie, Biggs, and Luke in another.
PM me for location.

CrunchyNug
06-08-2007, 07:37 PM
PM sent!!!

Funny Money
06-08-2007, 07:53 PM
PM sent!!!

PM back at you.

Jango Speck
06-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks to Commtech for the Stormtrooper stash and the McChewie!

Turbowars
06-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Did any of you guys get any? :(UMMM that would be a NO. I forgot to take my computer to work with me.

figrin bran
06-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Did any of you guys get any? :(

No for me as well. I forgot to call in sick from work so that i could enjoy unfirewalled internet access at home. ;)

Turbowars
06-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Did any of you guys get any? :(Oh wait did you get me some?:thumbsup: Sure you did, you need some Detolfs delivered. Hey a little black mailing is cool right?

BlueSnags
06-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh wait did you get a some?:thumbsup: Sure you did, you need some Detolfs delivered. Hey a little black mailing is cool right?

Works for me.:whip:

K M Toydarian
06-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Saw as few sets of VTAC at Van Nuys TRU this afternoon, sans Snowtroopers. I appreciate that TRU has them for 9.99 too! Nothing in the west valley Targets though. Northridge has a ton of Saga still, so no Legends, and only wave 2 hero peg warmers (Luke, Han, couple rebel guards.)
Van Nuys TRU does have a good quantity of Titanium Ultras though - 24.99

Just to put this out there, I am still hoping to score a McChewy if anybody comes across an extra to stash.

The Grove KMart had a couple of each wave 3 troopers - Stormtroopers, Airbourne, Marine, all of which I keep seeing more regularly, but no new wave 3 figs.

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 04:35 AM
JT, let's make 'em come out to Los Feliz or Glendale :DI actually was thinking that since some folks are further east, some are southwest of here, and a hefty number make Burbank a regular stop, so it actually is somewhat in the middle; plus we're at the 5 freeway. Maybe after we could head over to Los Feliz TRU and trash it. ;)

I vote for Burbank. And a place that serves alcohol.I'm not adverse to a place that serves booze, but I don't want to be booze-centric, if someone wants to bring their kid or is under 21 they shouldn't feel unwelcome.

Here here...hiccup! Have we settled on a date yet?Not even remotely, we still haven't figured out if weekdays or weekends are better for you guys.

Turbowars
06-09-2007, 12:27 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about?

Commtech
06-09-2007, 03:36 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about?

They are talking about a possible SirSteve's Guide L.A. area members hang out/meeting.

CrunchyNug
06-09-2007, 06:28 PM
I vote for a Saturday afternoon or evening. We could meet and greet...then eat and drink a bit. Afterwards, we could have a swap meet in the parking lot where we all bring some of our extras and do a little trading.

Now just when and where.

Just want to say thanks to Funny Money for the great stash job. Everything was exactly where he said it would be. Funny thing happened down there too. I was looking at the SW stuff and I heard, "Crunchynug?" It was good old ChaddyMac. Nice catching up!!!

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok, 1 vote for Saturday afternoon lunch. Anybody else?

Still need more areas as well to triangulate the best locales for this lunch thing.

Jango Speck
06-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Im out of town this weekend. what sat. are we planning for?

Luuuuuuke
06-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Found a McChewie at Montebello TRU at opening (for a friend from an other forum). Just me and three other collectors there at opening. Well, one is definitely a Frank and Sons dealer. We split 4 Concept Chewbaccas. They had a lot of TAc 1 but no McTroopers. Still looking for a second one of those.

Tycho
06-09-2007, 10:02 PM
If you wait until Saturday, June 23 or so, I can come up and sniff Mouse Droids with you all. :crazed:

I'll be out of town myself next weekend.

figrin bran
06-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I vote for a Saturday afternoon lunch as well.

i picked up some remnants of wave 3 this morning at WeHo Target - Jawa, Stormie plus a Legends ROTS clone. the fact that it's a suckimus prime of a figure notwithstanding, i still haven't seen wave 3 Luke!

after months and months of searching i finally have my JLU Stargirl/Parasite pack.

Turbowars
06-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Don't know if the BumbleBee TF is hard to find, but I stashed one at the NoHo Target.

Still looking for a Mc Chewy and Jawa. A Snowtrooper would be cool too.

figrin bran
06-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Turbo, the Bumblebee TF isn't that hard to find, certainly not as tough as the Snowtroopers or McChewies!

I also picked up the Saesee Tinn + Clones Bust ups set from Legacy Comics. I don't think they had the variant though if they did, they would've sold it at a markup. I don't suppose any of you GG collectors bought multiples of this set and would like to get rid of one of your Masked Saesees? if so i'd be interested in buying it off you guys.

Kidhuman
06-10-2007, 03:47 AM
You guys need to do it on June 16th so you can rais e a glass in honor of my Birthday

aeneas89
06-10-2007, 12:27 PM
target la cienega a bust this a.m.

but they do have the wii. i picked one up, they have six systems left.

gambitguru
06-10-2007, 01:03 PM
went to TRU in bell gardens yesterday. They had the new At-AT(they had 1left) and the new bantha(they had about 3 on the self and about 5 on the top shelf) figs with the tusken raiders

how do you guys feel about the bantha figure?

Chaddymac
06-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Met a new collector at TRU Culver City yesterday. Here's a shout out to you, if you decide you want to post...

Luuuuuuke
06-10-2007, 02:58 PM
went to TRU in bell gardens yesterday. They had the new At-AT(they had 1left) and the new bantha(they had about 3 on the self and about 5 on the top shelf) figs with the tusken raiders

Wow, this might be the first Bell Gardens TRU report I've seen. If it wasn't for me, there probably wouldn't be any east San Gabriel Valley posts:D I don't think I've ever found anything since the Toybiz LOTR days at that Bell Gardens TrU. Then again, I usually hit it on weekends and never at opening.

I like the bantha enough to have bought it. It kind of doesn't look like a real creature, more like a Muppet. But that's what it looks like in the movie.

figrin bran
06-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Wow, this might be the first Bell Gardens TRU report I've seen. If it wasn't for me, there probably wouldn't be any east San Gabriel Valley posts:D I don't think I've ever found anything since the Toybiz LOTR days at that Bell Gardens TrU. Then again, I usually hit it on weekends and never at opening.

i went to Rosemead Target this morning...didn't have anything. :p

aeneas89
06-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Is there a rare variation on the bantha figure?

Kidhuman
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I believe there is one with reddish hair and one with brown hair

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Im out of town this weekend. what sat. are we planning for?We hadn't decided on any day at all yet, still trying to figure out what day of the week before we settle on a date.

If you wait until Saturday, June 23 or so, I can come up and sniff Mouse Droids with you all. :crazed:

I'll be out of town myself next weekend.I can't do it then for sure, I have family plans.

I vote for a Saturday afternoon lunch as well. Ok, so that's 2 votes for a Saturday afternoon. Anybody else?

You guys need to do it on June 16th so you can rais e a glass in honor of my BirthdayCan't, doing Father's Day stuff... plus you won't be there.

how do you guys feel about the bantha figure?I think it's awful, they cut out the pattern all nasty around the eyes and they used stupid-looking curly hair.

BTW, it's not the Bantha that is the variant, the variant is the Tuskens who are given a reddish repaint.

darkagent
06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok, so that's 2 votes for a Saturday afternoon. Anybody else?

I'm in. I also vote for Saturday.

BTW, it's not the Bantha that is the variant, the variant is the Tuskens who are given a reddish repaint.

I've seem 3 variants. The red tint and regular tint and a packaging variation on the regular tint.

Jango Speck
06-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Saturday is good for me. Went to Palmdale area this weekend and found zilch at Target and Walmart.

toonimator
06-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Figrin, you still need Huntress on single card? If so, I stashed one (plus a purple-card Supergirl, just in case) at Burbank Target on Saturday. Forgot to post about it, but it's still there today. Yesterday I picked up another Marine (love the different weathering on 'em all!) and a 2nd Academy Biggs, this one without the upturned feet my first suffers from.

This morning I got there around 8:30, just in time to see Hootie with the only McChewie and (for a few minutes until his wife showed up) the only Jawa. I forgot to stash the Jawa for Turbo after he put it back; picked up a 3rd Stormie and the Vaporator w/ Luke, so not a wasted trip. There was also a Wave 1 Obi-Wan, probably a return since I counted a full 12 for the Wave 3 case (minus Hootie's McChewie)

Vi Cit Tecum
06-11-2007, 12:52 PM
For the Tusken raider variant. I haven't seen one with paint, but i did see one with (actually about 5) a dark brown soft goods coat and all the rest (about 10) had light tan coats. Is this the same variant?

BlueSnags
06-11-2007, 12:53 PM
VTAC Snowtroopers IN STOCK at HasbroToyShop right now...

Save 10%
Promo Code: CELEBRATION

$10 off $50
$20 off $100
$50 off $250
Promo Code: SPTIER07

-Snags

Commtech
06-11-2007, 01:35 PM
VTAC Snowtroopers IN STOCK at HasbroToyShop right now...

Save 10%
Promo Code: CELEBRATION

$10 off $50
$20 off $100
$50 off $250
Promo Code: SPTIER07

-Snags

I guess it's gone cause I can't find it. Got a link?

BlueSnags
06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I guess it's gone cause I can't find it. Got a link?

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=20206&PG=1

-Snags

CrunchyNug
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Snags!!!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=20206&PG=1

still there...

BlueSnags
06-11-2007, 02:12 PM
HasbroToyShop has really been on top of their game lately. They keep this up and they're gonna put the scalpers outta business!:thumbsup:

-Snags

K M Toydarian
06-11-2007, 03:29 PM
all 6 vintage still at HTS. Had to search for Bossk http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=364&ID=20202

Let's see some wave 3!

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm in. I also vote for Saturday.Ok, 3 votes for a Saturday. What areas are you coming from or willing to comfortably meet up at?

Same question goes for anybody interested in going: What areas are you coming from or willing to comfortably meet up at?

I've seem 3 variants. The red tint and regular tint and a packaging variation on the regular tint.Hmm, hadn't heard that, what was the packaging variation?

Saturday is good for me. 4 for Sat, sounds like a consensus. Don't forget to mention the "areas" question above.

figrin bran
06-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Figrin, you still need Huntress on single card? If so, I stashed one (plus a purple-card Supergirl, just in case) at Burbank Target on Saturday.

Thanks for the stash Toonimator but i'm actually all caught up with JLU now that i found Stargirl/Parasite on Sat. I actually found single carded Huntress way back in Jan.

i picked up 3 more snowtroopers this morning from HTS. i think i'm okay with 5 for now and will just wait for them to ship in 08 Saga Legends ;)

Turbowars
06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Ok, 3 votes for a Saturday. What areas are you coming from or willing to comfortably meet up at?

4 for Sat, sounds like a consensus. Don't forget to mention the "areas" question above.
Later would be better, 5-6 for me. Saturdays cool though.

I think Burbank would be best. :thumbsup:

CrunchyNug
06-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Are we talking this Sat? Count me in for Burbank too.

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 11:55 PM
No, we don't know what date we're doing this on yet, we're just trying to figure out what day of the week works for the majority. And I definitely cannot do it this Saturday or next Saturday because I have plans already.

Thanks for including your area! :cool:

So that's 5 for doing it on a Saturday. For area triangulation, we officially have 1 person coming from Burbank (CrunchyNug), 2 people from Los Feliz (figrin bran, me), and if anyone else said their area and I forgot which is likely, please speak up again.

Jango Speck
06-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Saturdays are good for me, preferably in Burbank (Los Feliz is OK). However, I'm gonna be busy on the night of 6/23, and out of town on 6/30. Maybe we can plan for early in July?

darkagent
06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Ok, 3 votes for a Saturday. What areas are you coming from or willing to comfortably meet up at?

Same question goes for anybody interested in going: What areas are you coming from or willing to comfortably meet up at?

Hmm, hadn't heard that, what was the packaging variation?

4 for Sat, sounds like a consensus. Don't forget to mention the "areas" question above.

The Glendale/Burbank area on Saturday afternoon/early evening is fine with me.

I've seen the light brown version with the male or female Tusken Raider packaged in front of the Bantha.

Jango Speck
06-12-2007, 12:32 AM
I've seen the light brown version with the male or female Tusken Raider packaged in front of the Bantha.

"I dream of Tusken Raider female with the light brown hair..."

Turbowars
06-12-2007, 12:43 AM
No, we don't know what date we're doing this on yet, we're just trying to figure out what day of the week works for the majority. And I definitely cannot do it this Saturday or next Saturday because I have plans already.

Thanks for including your area! :cool:

So that's 5 for doing it on a Saturday. For area triangulation, we officially have 1 person coming from Burbank (CrunchyNug), 2 people from Los Feliz (figrin bran, me), and if anyone else said their area and I forgot which is likely, please speak up again.
I guess I no longer count here at SSG.:hurt:

BlueSnags
06-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Saturday/Burbank is cool for me.:whip:

-Snags

Commtech
06-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Saturday in Burbank is good for me too, but 6/23 I'll be at The Police/Foo fighters concert at night. Yes!!!!

CrunchyNug
06-12-2007, 01:52 AM
So, we can't do it this weekend (6/16) which is a Father's Day weekend, the next (6/23) I'm out of town through the following weekend (6/30) which is almost July. Could we push it to July? That would give everyone a chance to really plan for it. I'm sure it will take us that long to agree on a meeting place anyway...

How 'bout Saturday July 7th?

Jango Speck
06-12-2007, 03:02 AM
How 'bout Saturday July 7th?

Good for me!

stillakid
06-12-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'll be back in LA in late August. :yes:

toonimator
06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Saturday the 7th may be good for me too, but I might have wedding festivities to attend (cousin getting hitched the next day, so lots of family will be in town)

Got a 2nd McChewie at Burbank Target this morning, just ahead of someone I think I've only seen once before there, who was talking on one of those fancy Nextel-type things both times, no clue if he's on the boards or not. He got the Jawa and a Stormie, I think (there were 3 more Stormies left, and more clones and now a Lava Miner). Mace has almost reached a full peg thanks to all the Wave 3 cases they've had in the last couple weeks. With this Chewie, and the Luke & Stormie yesterday, I'm all caught up until Legends rears its ugly head there.

I relocated 2 pegs of Unleashed Battlepacks which Target people dumped on the empty Expanded Universe pegs. I'd rather they sat on empty SW Transformer pegs or even an empty VTSC peg than the EU, or we'll never see more Wave 2 there since they'll never stock it or even scan the tags! Those BPs sit forever.

BlueSnags
06-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Got a 2nd McChewie at Burbank Target this morning, just ahead of someone I think I've only seen once before there, who was talking on one of those fancy Nextel-type things both times, no clue if he's on the boards or not.

Sounds like you had a close encounter with Blackberry. He has Burbank KB "locked up" (that's the reason no one will ever find anything there), but he must be branching out to Target since KB hasn't been getting anything good lately.

-Snags

toonimator
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I thought Blackberry was the guy with the earpiece who was into Marvel Legends mostly? Or would that be 'Bluetooth'? I'm not all that tech-savvy ;)

BlueSnags
06-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I thought Blackberry was the guy with the earpiece who was into Marvel Legends mostly? Or would that be 'Bluetooth'? I'm not all that tech-savvy ;)

Ah, okay - so this was a different guy. I didn't know that you already knew Blackberry. The real Blackberry is indeed the guy with the earpiece and the Marvel Legends fetish. I guess we need a name for this new guy now if he keeps showing up.

Commtech
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Ah, okay - so this was a different guy. I didn't know that you already knew Blackberry. The real Blackberry is indeed the guy with the earpiece and the Marvel Legends fetish. I guess we need a name for this new guy now if he keeps showing up.

Let's call him "fannypack"... er.. oh, wait... that's me... plus, it doesn't make sense.:ninja:

Jango Speck
06-12-2007, 07:30 PM
If any of you find some extra TAC Stormies, please stash for good ole Speck please.:D

By the way, I noticed that Hasbrotoyshop.com still had vintage Snowtroopers this morning. I can't believe how good they've been lately with stocking- let's hope they keep it up and start posting the new wave in abundance! At this rate, I may never set foot in TRU or Target again.

JediTricks
06-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm going to change the "where" part a little since I'm not getting much for actual triangulation needs: What areas would you be coming from?

So that's 8 for Saturdays now, I think we can call that a consensus.

Time of day: most seem good with afternoon, I believe. Turbowars would prefer late afternoon/early evening, and darkagent is officially ok with that. I prefer mid-afternoon though.

For areas, we have 5 for Burbank (Turbowars, CrunchyNug, Jango Speck, BlueSnags, Commtech), 2 for Los Feliz (figrin bran, me), 1 ok with Burbank or Glendale (darkagent).

Saturdays are good for me, preferably in Burbank (Los Feliz is OK). However, I'm gonna be busy on the night of 6/23, and out of town on 6/30. Maybe we can plan for early in July?I think someone else said they had the weekend of 6/30 unavailable, so I think it's gonna have to be July at this point.

I guess I no longer count here at SSG.:hurt:Everybody get out their worlds-smallest-violins, Turbo is feeling hurt. ;) I just missed your post dude, nothing more sinister.

So, we can't do it this weekend (6/16) which is a Father's Day weekend, the next (6/23) I'm out of town through the following weekend (6/30) which is almost July. Could we push it to July? That would give everyone a chance to really plan for it. I'm sure it will take us that long to agree on a meeting place anyway...

How 'bout Saturday July 7th?How about we look towards that one as a probable date, but not lock it down until we get a little closer.

I've seen the light brown version with the male or female Tusken Raider packaged in front of the Bantha.Hmm, could be a mispackaged figure maybe, or have you seen more than 1 of this variation?

darkagent
06-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Hmm, could be a mispackaged figure maybe, or have you seen more than 1 of this variation?

Nope, there were several of them and the plastic trays were different.

figrin bran
06-12-2007, 10:33 PM
If any of you find some extra TAC Stormies, please stash for good ole Speck please.:D

By the way, I noticed that Hasbrotoyshop.com still had vintage Snowtroopers this morning. I can't believe how good they've been lately with stocking- let's hope they keep it up and start posting the new wave in abundance! At this rate, I may never set foot in TRU or Target again.

there are still at least 850 snowtroopers left at HTS!

Turbowars
06-12-2007, 10:44 PM
there are still at least 850 snowtroopers left at HTS!
How do you figure that out?

K M Toydarian
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM

That's how many you can put in your cart with out it telling you they are out of stock. When you proceed to checkout though, there is a limit of 10.
Thanks for the info FB, let's hope McChewy shows up soon!

BlueSnags
06-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Stumbled upon a crapload of Saga Legends Wave 1 at Walmart earlier today. Picked up Maul, 2x Battle Droids, 2x Shocktrooper, 1x ROTS Clone and 7x AOTC Clone. Good times.:laugh:

All caught up except for the opener McChewie that I need to get from Commtech.:bandit:

-Snags

figrin bran
06-13-2007, 02:35 AM

all you need to do is add a snowtrooper to your cart and then up the number to let's say 1,000. if it says "sold out" then update your cart to a lower number, maybe 900 until you do not see that "sold out" in red letters.

Commtech
06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Stumbled upon a crapload of Saga Legends Wave 1 at Walmart earlier today. Picked up Maul, 2x Battle Droids, 2x Shocktrooper, 1x ROTS Clone and 7x AOTC Clone. Good times.:laugh:

All caught up except for the opener McChewie that I need to get from Commtech.:bandit:

-Snags

Dude, sorry! I've been working like crazy lately. I have it in my car for whenever I see you. Maybe tonight I'll be able to meet up. I'll pm you.

toonimator
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
There's one on the pegs at Burbank Target, and one I stashed!

Commtech
06-13-2007, 01:07 PM
For anyone close to LaBrea target, I stashed 2 Stormies and 2 Jawas. PM me for location. I won't be having a computer available right away, so please be patient for my response.

UPDATE: STASH HAS BEEN CLAIMED!

Jango Speck
06-13-2007, 01:25 PM
There's one on the pegs at Burbank Target, and one I stashed!

PM sent for Stormies.

aeneas89
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
For those close to Toys R Us LaCienega, I just stashed (2:20 pm) a McChewie/Jawa in one location and two Stormies in another locale.

Please PM for details.

UPDATE: STASH CLAIMED.

CrunchyNug
06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
There's a Stormie on the pegs at Burbank Target.

I just got back from there on my lunch-break and he was still hanging there. Couldn't resist, so I grabbed him.

Turbowars
06-13-2007, 06:34 PM
For anyone close to LaBrea target, I stashed 2 Stormies and 2 Jawas. PM me for location. I won't be having a computer available right away, so please be patient for my response.

UPDATE: STASH HAS BEEN CLAIMED!Jesus, who claimed this ? I need me some Jawa's bad!

Jango Speck
06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
I just got back from there on my lunch-break and he was still hanging there. Couldn't resist, so I grabbed him.

What? I was there at 12:30 and it wasn't on the pegs. I did find a stormie laying randomly in a kids toy aisle, near a stash that I was claiming. Oh well.

Turbo, I've about had my fill of Jawas, so if I find anymore, I'll stash them for you. Now who was it that wanted my extra LIN droids?

Turbowars
06-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I'll take a LIN droid.

Jango Speck
06-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I'll take a LIN droid.

Saving one loose LIN droid for Turbo. I think the others have been spoken for by Kidhuman.

Luuuuuuke
06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Came back from trip to see McQuarrie R2/C3PO from Toyrocket and McTrooper from BBTS(finally on that one). Those are my openers. And HTS sent me email, saying they shipped my two McLukes.

Man, BBTS takes packing stuff seriously. They padded the hell out of the one Concept Stormtrooper. Big box, small item.

figrin bran
06-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Jesus, who claimed this ? I need me some Jawa's bad!

yeah who claimed that stash? that's my territory!!! :p

gambitguru
06-13-2007, 10:25 PM
went to walmart panorma. they had a bunch of wave 1 revision 7, they had about 5 boxes. had a couple for mauls, yodas, clones

have yet to see any of mcquaire concept figs except on the back of other figures.

went to tru van nuys, nothing new, had a couple of bantha and at-at

Commtech
06-14-2007, 12:15 AM
yeah who claimed that stash? that's my territory!!! :p

Hey Fig, you never responded to my pms about the stormie stash I left for you days ago. Did you get them?

JSpeck claimed that stash. I'll try and stash more for ya guys.

Turbowars
06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Figures he did since I drive by that FN Target every FN day!

Kidhuman
06-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Saving one loose LIN droid for Turbo. I think the others have been spoken for by Kidhuman.

Yes, it was for me and I have responded to your PM.

CrunchyNug
06-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I'll try and stash more for ya guys.

STASH-a-RAMA...:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
06-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Yes, I scooped up a couple of stashes today- just lucky I guess. I am almost never near the La Brea Target, but happened to be in that neck of the woods today for work, so I went for it, and the Burbank stash. I think I'm done with stashes for a while- just need a couple more Stormies and one Jawa and that's it. I figure it can wait since they'll probably show up the rest of the year.

Sorry Turbo! I'm getting wave 3r1 from EE this week, so I might have some extras- if I don't find any at retail in the meantime.

Turbowars
06-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Yes, I scooped up a couple of stashes today- just lucky I guess. I am almost never near the La Brea Target, but happened to be in that neck of the woods today for work, so I went for it, and the Burbank stash. I think I'm done with stashes for a while- just need a couple more Stormies and one Jawa and that's it. I figure it can wait since they'll probably show up the rest of the year.

Sorry Turbo! I'm getting wave 3r1 from EE this week, so I might have some extras- if I don't find any at retail in the meantime.
No need to be sorry, just shooting my mouth off and giving you a hard time. :whip::thumbsup:

Turbowars
06-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Yes, it was for me and I have responded to your PM.Hey if the Droid I was getting from Jango was yours, you can have it. I can wait.

Jango Speck
06-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Funny how the day that I find the entire wave 3, my EE wave 3r1 case gets processed. This is a first- I've cancelled the last five waves from them because I found them at retail first. Oh well, extras to return to Target I guess.

figrin bran
06-14-2007, 01:17 AM
Hey Fig, you never responded to my pms about the stormie stash I left for you days ago. Did you get them?

JSpeck claimed that stash. I'll try and stash more for ya guys.

sorry dude, i never got the chance to go.

it's okay, i'm not that worried about finding stormies at retail. heck, i've seen more of them than i have the wave 3 luke!

Kidhuman
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Hey if the Droid I was getting from Jango was yours, you can have it. I can wait.

I only need one, so he has a few more if he got three.

Jango Speck
06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Wow, I actually got out of the house early today, and for once it paid off. I hit Target at 8:30 and found two stormies on the pegs (but no jawas? curious...). Hootie was right behind me and looked mighty disappointed when he saw my Stormies. After Starbucks, I trucked over to Kmart and found: VTAC Snowtrooper, Jawa, Stormie, Concept Chewie.

I stashed the Concept Chewie- PM me for the location.

P.S. Kmart rang up TAC as Greatest Hits, and the VTAC as Unleashed (for $10.99).

CrunchyNug
06-14-2007, 12:38 PM
PM sent!!!

darkagent
06-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Stashed a VTAC Snowtrooper and a couple Wave 3 TAC Stormtroopers at La Cienega Target. I left a few Galactic Marines, Airborne Troopers and a couple more Stormtroopers on the pegs. PM me if you're interested.

darkagent
06-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Stash claimed.

CrunchyNug
06-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Found a fresh case of VTAC around 10:00 at NoHo Target on my way in to work this morning. I couldn't help but grab the Snowtroopers.

K M Toydarian
06-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Stashed an AOTC clone trooper in the valley around 6pm.
PM for details.
Went to pick up my wave 3rv1 case at EE, but thought they were open until 6 and they close at 5:30. Have to wait till Monday.

Picked up the Imperial booster pack of WizKids Star Wars CCG at Target for 14.99.

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Speck, the stash wasn't there any longer when i went tonight :(

next time i would suggest going either top or bottom shelf. it wasn't a total waste as i got a Snowtrooper, V-Wing Titanium and a JLU 10" Hawkgirl. They also had the Justice Lords Flash but i already have that one.

Jango Speck
06-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Speck, the stash wasn't there any longer when i went tonight :(

next time i would suggest going either top or bottom shelf. it wasn't a total waste as i got a Snowtrooper, V-Wing Titanium and a JLU 10" Hawkgirl. They also had the Justice Lords Flash but i already have that one.

Sorry man, I thought it would be a good place, but didn't think it would need to stay hidden overnight. Must have been a lot of people buying that particular boardgame today. lol

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 02:22 AM
So how about we start compiling pegwarmer reports with photos for JT's stickied "report all pegwarmers to Hasbro" thread!

Jango Speck
06-16-2007, 02:35 AM
So how about we start compiling pegwarmer reports with photos for JT's stickied "report all pegwarmers to Hasbro" thread!

First to come to mind: Burbank TRU, NoHo Target, any local WMs.

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I walked into West Holly Target this morning at 8:06 am which normally would be okay since the scalpers don't frequent that store as much. However, El Puerco/Pigface picked this day to show up and as i walked into the SW aisle, he was talking on the phone with a Concept Chewie in his hand. If i wasn't busy grabbing stormtroopers and a jawa from the pegs, i would've been tempted to try to pry it out of his hand! ;)

Feeling defeated and demoralized, i headed over to La Cienega Target to get the stash that Darkagent left for me. it was still there and it was an awesome stash! Thanks Darkagent! :thumbsup: i can't believe you managed to stash that many figures in that spot. Anyhow, among the figures he stashed was a Concept Chewie so score one for the collectors! :D

Lastly, i stashed 2 Stormtroopers at La Cienega TRU. even army builders run out of money sometimes :p PM me if you want them

I'm still looking for Shocktroopers by the way. haven't seen a single one yet and not that i need one but i haven't seen a Darth Maul either

Chaddymac
06-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I've got a shocktrooper I'm planning to return to TRU next time I go. If you want it, I'd rather sell him to you.

darkagent
06-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Anyhow, among the figures he stashed was a Concept Chewie so score one for the collectors! :D

Wait a minute, I didn't stash a Concept Chewie in the same location. I was just trying to do a quick stash and saw a opening among the boxes. So someone else had stashed a Concept Chewie there too? That's just funny. lol

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Wait a minute, I didn't stash a Concept Chewie in the same location. I was just trying to do a quick stash and saw a opening among the boxes. So someone else had stashed a Concept Chewie there too? That's just funny. lol

what can i say? the Force was with me! :p

i didn't see it until i pulled both of the snowtroopers out and was rather surprised since i didn't recall you saying that there was one in the stash.

Kidhuman
06-16-2007, 10:23 PM
I stashed it there. Was gonna come back for it on Monday. Thanks FB :mad:

darkagent
06-16-2007, 11:34 PM
what can i say? the Force was with me! :p

i didn't see it until i pulled both of the snowtroopers out and was rather surprised since i didn't recall you saying that there was one in the stash.

Wow, there was another Snowtrooper too. All I stashed was 1 Snowtrooper and 2 Stormtroopers. They must have mated and produced another Snowtrooper and Concept Chewie. lol

I guess you're lucky that whoever stashed them there didn't go back for it. :p

toonimator
06-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I got my AOTC clones, figure stands, and a Shocktrooper from Hasbro on Friday. They even sent another package with the Yavin Luke they forgot in my last order! Kudos to Customer Service; would've been nice to get an email reply letting me know it was on its way tho :tired:

I opened one AOTC clone, pretty loose head which seems to be a big problem with them.

I wandered into Burbank TRU yesterday afternoon, pretty sad sight all around. For TF, they still had tons of the Sneak Preview pegwarmers, with only a single Brawl breaking up the Deluxe pegs. For SW, bare pegs but for 2 TAC Maces. Not a hint of Comic 2-packs or VTAC.

orionlukteel
06-18-2007, 04:27 PM
took it easy on you guys this past weekend - have an uncle in HB and was tempted to raid the local Targets on Adams and elsewhere but didn't want to interrupt anyone's collecting groove, so I stayed out of the stores. LOL

Did get to see FF-Silver Surfer on the inflatable drive-in screen at the OC fairgrounds (speedway???), tho. Cool!

Jango Speck
06-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Picked up my EE W3r1 case today and the new bustups. Incidentally, the case is marked w3r2, but it's the same assortment. I dropped by NoHo Target and grabbed 3 snowtroopers. Does anyone need a Galactic Marine or Airborne? If not, I'm taking them back to Target. My Roron Corobb maquette should be here any day now...

Funny Money
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know if GG is doing a 'Collect and Go' pre-order for the Cody mini busts at Comic Con? ... have I missed it?:sad:

I was in North Carolina this weekend. Made a few midnight Walmart runs. Plenty of the 'greatest battles' or whatever that wave is. Oh, and plenty Hotwheelers hovering around the pallets!lol

BlueSnags
06-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know if GG is doing a 'Collect and Go' pre-order for the Cody mini busts at Comic Con? ... have I missed it?:sad:

They're doing a pre-order but it won't be for a few more weeks.:whip:

-Snags

darkagent
06-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Didn't find any new Star Wars figures today. Eagle Rock Target put out a few case of old Saga figures. Also found a new wave of single carded JLU figures. The wave consist of Shining Knight, and repaints of Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, Superman and Wonder Woman.

FYI - Hasbrotoyshop has a crazy sale going on GI Joe toys right now.

Chaddymac
06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Man, if they'd do a GI Joe/Transformers line, it would fly off the shelves faster than you could say "Knowing is half the battle."

Jango Speck
06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
At lunch today, I found one C3PO/Battle Droid Legends figure at Burbank Target.

CrunchyNug
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Not much to report today, but I did have a Headphones spotting. He was standing at a bus stop is Van Nuys - probably having just come from Target on Sepulveda. He didn't have a Target bag in his hands, so I guess there wasn't much on the pegs this morning.

I did find the new JLU 3-pack with Sand / Star Saphire. That was fun!!!

Jango Speck
06-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Not much to report today, but I did have a Headphones spotting. He was standing at a bus stop is Van Nuys - probably having just come from Target on Sepulveda. He didn't have a Target bag in his hands, so I guess there wasn't much on the pegs this morning.

He probably just finished returning a few cases of TAC Mace Windu.

Got my Hasbro VTAC order today. Feels strange to be caught up again.

toonimator
06-20-2007, 03:06 PM
I skipped stores for the past few days, so I was surprised to find Burbank's pegs full! A couple cases & change of VTAC (whee, $12!), full comic pegs finally (tired of those Unleashed BPs hogging that space, tho the mass amount of Tarkins & Chewies--and lack of Quinlan--was annoying to see)... and TWO FULL PEGS of Mace Windu. AND 2 more Maces on the other 2 pegs, with a lonely TSC Lushros keeping the Saga/Legends pegs company. Yeesh. Either someone's been returning Maces, or they've just had a LOT of Wave 3 burn through that store in the last week, with all the clones & troopers flying away alongside the newer figures, leaving just Mace.