PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

darkagent
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I stopped by La Cienega Target today and noticed the pegs were full with TAC wave 1 and what looked like Saga waves 8 and 9. So it seems Eagle Rock Target wasn't the only place to stock up on old Saga waves.

Jango Speck
06-20-2007, 08:27 PM
I skipped stores for the past few days, so I was surprised to find Burbank's pegs full! A couple cases & change of VTAC (whee, $12!), full comic pegs finally (tired of those Unleashed BPs hogging that space, tho the mass amount of Tarkins & Chewies--and lack of Quinlan--was annoying to see)... and TWO FULL PEGS of Mace Windu. AND 2 more Maces on the other 2 pegs, with a lonely TSC Lushros keeping the Saga/Legends pegs company. Yeesh. Either someone's been returning Maces, or they've just had a LOT of Wave 3 burn through that store in the last week, with all the clones & troopers flying away alongside the newer figures, leaving just Mace.

Burbank was like that yesterday (but with less VTAC).

figrin bran
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I did find the new JLU 3-pack with Sand / Star Saphire. That was fun!!!

noooo! the new 3 packs are out already! so my being caught up with JLU lasted a whole 2 weeks.

swabie2424
06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey guys - count me in for Saturday night for the get together. I'm not going out of town any time soon... so I should be around pretty much most Saturdays in the afternoon.

I'm in Burbank as pretty much everyone knows.

Also, picked up my VTAC and my Wave3rev1 case from EE today. Sweet. This whole new UGH thing is looming for me. Gonna be rough.... rough I say!

Jango Speck
06-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Just pre-ordered waves 6/7 at New Force Comics. It'll be nice to relax this summer- not too many army builders, just some Concept openers to find.

figrin bran
06-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up Speck :thumbsup:

i just preordered wave 6. wave 5 i've preordered from them a few weeks back and wave 3 should be arriving to me next week.

darkagent
06-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Entertainment Earth put up the Wave 4 revision cases with UGH for preorder today.

CrunchyNug
06-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Found a few more Snowtroopers this morning...these things are hard to resist!!!

On the JLU front, I found all 3 of the new 3-packs as well as the new singles. I got Lex, Shining Knight, Wonder Woman, & Orion. Also, Sand/Saphire, Obsidian/Vigilante, & Deadshot/BigBarda!!! WOW...

toonimator
06-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I just looked up that case of JLU basics on EE... looks like we'll still be swimming in regular Batman & Superman figures. 3 of each in the new case!!! I truly hate Mattel's distribution on their superhero toys.

Jango Speck
06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I stashed a VTAC Snowtrooper at Burbank Target. PM for the 411...

Found a lone Legends AOTC Clone at Kmart, nothing else from the line though.

figrin bran
06-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Found a few more Snowtroopers this morning...these things are hard to resist!!!

On the JLU front, I found all 3 of the new 3-packs as well as the new singles. I got Lex, Shining Knight, Wonder Woman, & Orion. Also, Sand/Saphire, Obsidian/Vigilante, & Deadshot/BigBarda!!! WOW...

We hate you CrunchyNug!

:p

you don't have these JLU figures though!

Captain Atom (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/DSCI0014.JPG)

Batman Beyond (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/DSCI0048.JPG)

Hal Jordan GL (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/DSCI00391.JPG)

The 3 Snowtroopers i ordered from HTS arrived today as did my Roron Corrob Maquette.

Jango Speck
06-22-2007, 02:35 AM
Burbank's shopping mall on San Fernando has a new scalper shop on the bottom floor near Macy's and the playground. The prices are fairly reasonable, but a bit high for currently available stuff. Their SW selection is quite nice though. I can't help but wonder if those guys are the ones that raid the upstairs KB Toys all the time. They've got some exclusives, some decent older stuff and they sell the Mini-Mag Stand kits and magnet sets. That's great for me- I can avoid the shipping charges now.

santosha
06-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Bobba Fett Up at Hasbro store right now.
Comic packs at La Cienaga Target this morning

BlueSnags
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Burbank's shopping mall on San Fernando has a new scalper shop on the bottom floor near Macy's and the playground. The prices are fairly reasonable, but a bit high for currently available stuff. Their SW selection is quite nice though. I can't help but wonder if those guys are the ones that raid the upstairs KB Toys all the time. They've got some exclusives, some decent older stuff and they sell the Mini-Mag Stand kits and magnet sets. That's great for me- I can avoid the shipping charges now.

The Burbank KB is under the control of Blackberry. He has a deal with the manager and ALL the good stuff is saved in the back for him. Another useless store.:rolleyes:

Surprising that another scalper store has attempted to open up at the Burbank mall. There was one there about five years ago and they went belly-up. There's no way these places can stay in business for long through just scalping when the rent on their store is so exorbitantly high.

How much can you really make scalping a toy? Just look at the "cars" that some of the local scalpers drive and you will get the answer to that question. Last time I saw Jackie Chan he was driving a car that looked like it was held together with scotch tape. As far as Headphones goes, he doesn't even have a car. Pathetic.:laugh:

-Snags

toonimator
06-22-2007, 12:20 PM
There was a scalper shop at the Fox Hills mall in Culver City several years ago. I remember they had lots of ToyFare exclusive figures, and it was the ONLY place I ever saw the Carbon Freeze playset. I didn't visit that mall for a year or two, and when I went back the store was gone.

Thanks to Commtech for stashing a Jawa this morning, I returned my 2nd a couple weeks ago but had to cave in today & replace it :)

Commtech
06-22-2007, 03:53 PM
"Blast from the Past" in Burbank has lasted a while now and most of their prices are ridiculously high. Their GG and Sideshow stuff is fairly priced since they buy those wholesale, but what about the rest??.... How can that be?

JediTricks
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
"Blast from the Past" in Burbank has lasted a while now and most of their prices are ridiculously high. Their GG and Sideshow stuff is fairly priced since they buy those wholesale, but what about the rest??.... How can that be?
They're the only game in the rather small-knit village-style area, it makes a big deal.

Jango Speck
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
They're the only game in the rather small-knit village-style area, it makes a big deal.

I'm sure there are plenty of folk in that area that could drive up the road to Target/Kmart or over to TRU to find the same stuff. There's also a Rite-Aid next door that occasionally stocks SW figures. If I only shopped for toys in my immediate neighborhood, I wouldn't have much of a collection.

K M Toydarian
06-22-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of folk in that area that could drive up the road to Target/Kmart or over to TRU to find the same stuff. There's also a Rite-Aid next door that occasionally stocks SW figures. If I only shopped for toys in my immediate neighborhood, I wouldn't have much of a collection.

I saw a mom and her couple of kids in there once looking for Birthday Party favors (Bust ups I think). They also shopped the figure wall for the kids. I guess there are enough people who would rather go to a specialty shop than a discount store. I am sure there is a lot of impulse buying from people who don't care about the price/ don't know what retail price is. It's an FAO Boutique type clientele I guess.

figrin bran
06-22-2007, 10:33 PM
For once, HTS put up their McFetts before i depart for work so i was able to order 2 along with 2 Appos.

Turbowars
06-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I stashed a VTAC Snowtrooper at Burbank Target. PM for the 411...

Found a lone Legends AOTC Clone at Kmart, nothing else from the line though.
PM sent for Snowtrooper

Funny Money
06-23-2007, 02:29 PM
TRU La Cienega was a bust this morning. One new guy was there. Pink Floyd shirt, long hair. Kinda reminded me of Mikey from 'American Chooper'. Looked like his mom dropped him off. He power walked ahead to check HotWheels, Cars, then Star Wars. He had hit all of those sections before I got to SW. WOW! ... it wasn't one of you guys ...was it?

aeneas89
06-23-2007, 04:45 PM
At LaCienega Target I stashed one McChewie and two McFett's this morning.

Please PM for location.

aeneas89
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
At LaCienega Target I stashed one McChewie and two McFett's this morning.

Please PM for location.

UPDATE: STASH CLAIMED.

figrin bran
06-23-2007, 08:34 PM
El Puerco showed up at West Hollywood Target again this morning. There were plenty of wave 3 figures but no Chewies, none in Puerco's hands either. I picked up some more Stormtroopers and Jawas as well as Robot Heroes Thundercracker/Jazz, Optimus/Unicron and a "Cars" Ferrari.

The only new JLU figs i saw were the funky stripes Superman. not going to buy it! i'm usually a month behind Crunchynug in terms of finds so it'll be awhile.

CrunchyNug
06-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Back in Dallas for a little vacation with family and couldn't help but hit the stores in the morning. Found a McChewie and a pair of Stormies. This was at noon by the way. Less competition out here, so I guess the need to get there at opening doesn't matter much.

Jango Speck
06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Burbank TRU sucks, and will continue to suck for the rest of the year- I'm having Polis Masan 2005 flashbacks.

Almost every figure peg is crammed with Mace Windu's. There are some R2's and Hans, but mostly Mace- we're talking at least 8 pegs full of him. There was one 3PO Legends figure (funny, I found a lone 3PO at Target last week).

Looks like they got the new "Cars" cars, as I found two Red Ramones and some red-rimmed Hornets, as well as some Dinoco Chicks. The cardbacks show the Yeti, so it must be shipping as well.

figrin bran
06-24-2007, 09:25 PM
aeneas89, thank you so much for the stash! :thumbsup:

for someone who's new to the board, you've done a fair share of stashing for us! hopefully we'll be able to help you out just as much.

aeneas89
06-24-2007, 11:25 PM
My pleasure, Figrin Bran.

The force is strong with all of us.

toonimator
06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Burbank TRU sucks, and will continue to suck for the rest of the year- I'm having Polis Masan 2005 flashbacks.

Almost every figure peg is crammed with Mace Windu's. There are some R2's and Hans, but mostly Mace- we're talking at least 8 pegs full of him. There was one 3PO Legends figure (funny, I found a lone 3PO at Target last week).

Looks like they got the new "Cars" cars, as I found two Red Ramones and some red-rimmed Hornets, as well as some Dinoco Chicks. The cardbacks show the Yeti, so it must be shipping as well.
Funny, a week ago Burbank TRU had only one or two Maces on the pegs, all by themselves. They must've had a TON of Waves 1 & 3 (or more likely, 3 and revisions) cases come in to get that many Maces so quickly. That stinks.

Hasbro listened to fan outcry for a good SA Mace, they deliver (with mediocre accessories & headsculpt and a pose-limiting rock-hard skirt) and now it sits. Mostly because the other figures it ships with are usually in demand, but still. I think the worst part of the TRU news is that most of the 'in demands' they got along with their 8 pegs of Maces probably went out the back door. "You know how it is" and all.

Red Ramone & friends are showing up often at Burbank Target now, but I don't think Yeti's shipping yet. At least, not in the assortments we're seeing regularly.

Tycho
06-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Funny, a week ago Burbank TRU had only one or two Maces on the pegs, all by themselves. They must've had a TON of Waves 1 & 3 (or more likely, 3 and revisions) cases come in to get that many Maces so quickly. That stinks.

Or you have "a dumper" in your mist.

Tycho's New Universe Dictionary Definition of "a dumper:" an individual who knows computer inventory counts at their own favorite store trigger re-ordering of new cases, so they buy pegwarmers at their store and return them at a dumping store along the way of their toy run. Collectors can do this too - as part of such a plan to punish Headphones or something.

Hasbro listened to fan outcry for a good SA Mace, they deliver (with mediocre accessories & headsculpt and a pose-limiting rock-hard skirt) and now it sits.

"Mediocre" is the operative word in your post. That figure is NOT the ultimate Mace and the headsculpt is bad and looks like Samuel Jackson - only after he's aged about 20 more years! Super-articulation is hardly noteworthy when it is limited by accessory sculpt, as well. However, I do not like cloth skirt bottoms on Jedi tunics. The way soft-goods TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were done, with artificially short tunics and cloth cummerbunds was the way to do it, though those figures were not super-articulated (but they easily could have been - though Hasbro had few offerings that were that good in 1999 - CommTech stormtrooper being an exception).

Mostly because the other figures it ships with are usually in demand, but still. I think the worst part of the TRU news is that most of the 'in demands' they got along with their 8 pegs of Maces probably went out the back door. "You know how it is" and all.

That is also very agreeable. The other logical possibility.

Luuuuuuke
06-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Covina TRU had 10 TAC Airborne troopers lined up on a peg this Saturday.

Another two pegs were practically all Han Solos. They also had a Saga AOTC clone and an ROTC one. It's weird that I run into the AOTC clones quite a bit but not a single friggin' Yoda. I don't want Yoda, but this makes no sense.

I have not been hitting the stores much since finding the McChewies I wanted. I did order wave 6 from BBTS, mostly to assure myself a Concept Snowtrooper.

figrin bran
06-26-2007, 01:33 AM
I've been trying to do my part to help get rid of some of the Maces. I got an extra one for fodder for jedi customs and would buy more except that i've quite a few ROTS Obi Wans that i haven't used yet.

santosha
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
La Cienaga Target had a box of wave 1 and 2 TAC on the shelves this morning as well as Vintage set and Comic sets. I didnt need anything just looked but was a little frustrated as a scalper that goes to Frank and Sons was there and proceeded to take the three Macquarrie Stormies and the 2 Bobba Fetts that were on the pegs. It annoyed me that he had to take them all as I know he was off to make the rounds. Doesnt give anyone else a chance to get them. Thats my rant

Funny Money
06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
...frustrated as a scalper that goes to Frank and Sons was there and proceeded to take the three Macquarrie Stormies and the 2 Bobba Fetts that were on the pegs...

Right with you! Keep fighting the good fight!!!:whip:

aeneas89
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I second funny money's call to arms.

The scalper mishegas is !@#$%^&. Maybe I'm naive but I've always thought that Hasbro could do more to combat the problem.

toonimator
06-26-2007, 02:57 PM
There was some Wave 3 at Burbank Target today. Nextel guy was there, on his walkie-talkie chatting about some new Batman vehicle or something, and he tried to do what I did to him last time (just heading straight instead of turning towards Electronics) to get ahead, but JodyB beat him to the pegs & grabbed the lone McChewie. After Nextel guy left, Chewie was replaced on the pegs, but after JodyB left I grabbed it & ran!!! :D

Actually I just stashed it a few minutes later, when I remembered that Hootie would probably be there around 8:30 and take it as he did a week or two ago. It WOULD have been a nice surprise as JodyB had planned, but for that guy. So if anyone needs one, lemme know. Not a great stash, so it may be gone... too many employees around the area.

No Jawa in the group today. Weird!

mtriv73
06-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I second funny money's call to arms.

The scalper mishegas is !@#$%^&. Maybe I'm naive but I've always thought that Hasbro could do more to combat the problem.

It's up to us to fight it. Don't buy from scalper scum. All Hasbro can do is make the figures they can't control who buys them.

If stores would stock/replenish at random times rather than overnight it would make it easier for collectors and kids and harder for scalpers though. I'm sure they have arguments against doing it that way (they're selling the figures no matter what and not finding what you want keeps you coming back,) but it really would help.

Ji'dai
06-26-2007, 06:06 PM
It's up to us to fight it. Don't buy from scalper scum. All Hasbro can do is make the figures they can't control who buys them. And what does Hasbro do? They **** on their customers and fuel scalping by producing cool concept figures and offer them at only one or two venues in the friggin' country.

BlueSnags
06-26-2007, 08:16 PM
FYI for those of you attending SDCC - Just pre-ordered 3 Shadow Scouts from SWS.com.

-Snags

toonimator
06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
$25... ouch. Good thing I never really wanted it :)

Commtech
06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
FYI for those of you attending SDCC - Just pre-ordered 3 Shadow Scouts from SWS.com.

-Snags
Thanks Snags! Please keep us updated with stuff like this if you can. I always miss it!

figrin bran
06-26-2007, 10:24 PM
I got my wave 3 case from Newforce Comics today. At this point i already have everything i need from wave 3 (6 Jawas!) so most will be returns. I'm so disappointed by the Stormtroopers that i'm even thinking of returning those.

santosha
06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Target on La Cienaga had 2 case of old Saga Wave 8 on the shelf, didnt need anything. Jefferson Target had a couple of Bobba Fett TACS. Just reporting have all I need. It was nice this morning no scalpers around.
Just ordered the Bike rider from SW shop, a little steep but I like it.
Thats is all

santosha
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Ralph Macquarrie Luke is up on Hasbro for those that dont have onw

toonimator
06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
There were 1809 of 'em when I checked last, and someone said "limit 1"... I'll probably get one for fodder, but I'm in no rush! Great figure, just annoyingly overpriced.

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Burbank Frys had TAC wave 3 in stock, $7.99 a piece, they had a few concept Chewies left.

I got my wave 3 case from Newforce Comics today. At this point i already have everything i need from wave 3 (6 Jawas!) so most will be returns. I'm so disappointed by the Stormtroopers that i'm even thinking of returning those.Yeah, the stormtroopers just aren't that good. This is why I wasn't as down with the VOTC version back in the day, I consider these TAC versions on-par with them (the TACs have better color and the helmet fits more naturally, but the retooled torso doesn't fit as well so it balances out). I bought 2 of these TAC Stormies when I saw them, and felt like a sucker.

toonimator
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
We need a new Stormie... just some minor retools would probably cover it. Wider stance, more like the Evo Sandtrooper/Tantive Stormies; no ball-torso, just a nice swivel waist like the Evo ROTS Clone; hands made of softer plastic, like the SA clones; softer holster like DSG and DST without a specific E-11-shaped imprint; new helmet sculpt. They've yet to do a really great Stormtrooper helmet. Make the neck peg like TAC, so they COULD put a head on it, but release at least one version with a solid helmet that fits on the post so there's no massive white ball peeking out like on VOTC. And for removable helmet versions, make sure the heads are the same size as no-helmet figures (Han, etc) and not tiny heads (TAC Stormtrooper, Cody), and exercise the permission Lucasfilm granted to sculpt generic heads, too. We've had a round of OT Jango troops, time for some Hasbro employee likeness or something. :)

But in the meantime, TAC's better than just a rehash of VOTC. At least we can swap heads and there's no aforementioned giant white ball sticking out the bottom.

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 07:30 PM
We need a new Stormie... just some minor retools would probably cover it. Wider stance, more like the Evo Sandtrooper/Tantive Stormies; no ball-torso, just a nice swivel waist like the Evo ROTS Clone; hands made of softer plastic, like the SA clones; softer holster like DSG and DST without a specific E-11-shaped imprint; new helmet sculpt. They've yet to do a really great Stormtrooper helmet. Make the neck peg like TAC, so they COULD put a head on it, but release at least one version with a solid helmet that fits on the post so there's no massive white ball peeking out like on VOTC. And for removable helmet versions, make sure the heads are the same size as no-helmet figures (Han, etc) and not tiny heads (TAC Stormtrooper, Cody), and exercise the permission Lucasfilm granted to sculpt generic heads, too. We've had a round of OT Jango troops, time for some Hasbro employee likeness or something. :)

But in the meantime, TAC's better than just a rehash of VOTC. At least we can swap heads and there's no aforementioned giant white ball sticking out the bottom.
I like the sculpt on the Tantive version best, it's got the pose that looks good and the sculpting is tighter than the VOTC version. I think the universal-jointed torso works though far better than swivel-waist as it's got more expressions and more action, the TAC version fails because they changed the design slightly when they retooled it for the Comics 2packs line and they weren't careful enough. The hands desperately need change. The holster does need to be softer! Never thought about that before, but yeah. And I like your idea for the helmet peg situation.

santosha
06-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Nothing new to report this morning, although I did find some TAC figures at Target that had another stores sticker on the back of the packaging. Looked like they bought it on the web from one store and returned them to Target. Found the stickers on two Lukes.
Scalpers were around today, there was no hot wheels so they went for the wave 8 saga that was left form yesterday.
That is the report this fine morning

darkagent
06-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Went to LF Toys R Us this morning and it looked like they put out 2-3 cases of TAC Wave 3. Of course there were no McChewies. There were a couple Jawas and plenty of Stormtroopers.

darkagent
06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Anyone here enter the Gentle Giant PGM raffle for Commander Neyo? I struck out again. I'm now something like 1 for 8 with those raffles. :(

santosha
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone here enter the Gentle Giant PGM raffle for Commander Neyo? I struck out again. I'm now something like 1 for 8 with those raffles. :(

Me too, does anyone win them and how does it pick a person?

BlueSnags
06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Me too, does anyone win them and how does it pick a person?

The raffles are a joke.

-Snags

figrin bran
06-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Clone Wars animated fans, how did i do?

Animated Aayla Secura custom (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/DSCI0046.JPG)

Tycho
06-28-2007, 11:48 PM
That's a really cool custom there Figrin!

figrin bran
06-29-2007, 02:25 AM
Thanks Tycho!

I forgot to show the pic of that custom to Amy Allen when i saw her at CIV

Happy Birthday to Turbowars!

Kidhuman
06-29-2007, 08:25 AM
happy b-day Turbo, I know its a day late

timmae
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
:thumbsup:looks flawless, great job!

Animated Aayla Secura custom (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/DSCI0046.JPG)

aeneas89
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM

nice job, figrin!

toonimator
06-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Picked up my 3rd and final McChewie today at Burbank Target, so now I can have 2 creepy bug-eyed aliens of indeterminate species for background filler after I paint 'em up. I arrived a few minutes late, and noticed there was only one Stormtrooper and one Marine, yet Chewie & the Jawa were untouched.

Also saw some odd returns! A bunch of TSC figures: Rieekan, Naboo Soldier, Poggle, R2, Jerjerrod, maybe one or two I'm forgetting... and three UGHs! Anakin with 'pewter' Dooku, Obi-Wan with Yoda, and Han with Han. Han's J-hook was smashed up, but the other two looked to be in pretty good condition.

darkagent
06-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Very nice! :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Figrin -

You need to make me an Aayla maquette.:whip:

-Snags

Luuuuuuke
06-29-2007, 08:26 PM

Blows away that gazelle Aayla Hasbro put out. Great looking custom.

I've been seeing quite a few Marines and Airborne troopers at Target and TRU recently. This morning I saw a Saga Sandtrooper at Baldwin Park Target. Didn't get it.

CrunchyNug
06-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey gang, are we still planning on attempting a get-together next Saturday? It's been a while since we've talked about it, but next weekend is rapidly approaching. I'm still game if everyone else is.

figrin bran
06-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the animated Aayla! everything except the lekkus and the belt (which were "sculpted") is from a Justice League Wonder Woman fig. Next up will be animated Shaak Ti (it'll probably take many, many, many months)

Snags, believe me, i don't have sculpting skills but if i did, i'd be sculpting clone commander busts just to flick off GG :p

and if i had drawing skills, i'd sketch an Aayla key for ACME and tell Morly "this is what you NEED to make pronto!" ;)

Toony, i tried out a TAC Mace robe on McChewie and thought it looked pretty good both as a Jedi and as a cloaked shadowy wanderer character.

BlueSnags
06-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I think we'd all like to flick off the GG "Rock Stars".

-Snags

Kidhuman
06-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Jango Speck, thank you for the LIN Droid, it arrived safely.

Jango Speck
06-30-2007, 12:42 AM
I've been in Des Moines Iowa this week- and have managed to hit a few stores around town. Super WalMart had a bunch of Saleucami BPs- first I'd ever seen in stores. No figures found though. I was hoping to find some Legends Shocktroopers or some Jawas here, but no such luck. I'll hit a few other places this weekend before I head home. Since I have the next four TAC wave cases pre-ordered at NFC, I'm sittin' pretty for a while.

I happened to find ROTS on HBO in the hotel the other night. It looks truly aweful on a 4:3 TV.

figrin bran
06-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Eagle Rock Target restocked the Appo wave today. Either that or it was returns but the cards looked new.

I picked up the lone Appo along with an Elite Corps clone and an AT-AT Driver. I also got 2 ROTS clones from La Cienega Target - why are so many of the figures at this store crushed?

BlueSnags
07-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Picked up the following at Walmart today:

2x McQuarrie Stormtroopers
2x McQuarrie Fetts
Saga Legends Battle Droids (battle damaged variant)
Saga Legends Shocktrooper

First time I've hit retail in probably a month.

-Snags

darkagent
07-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Eagle Rock Target restocked the Appo wave today. Either that or it was returns but the cards looked new.

No, that's been sitting on the peg for the past couple days. It was out of a fresh case, not a return. I've actually seen quite a few Appos sitting on the pegs at various Targets this past week.

figrin bran
07-01-2007, 09:20 PM
No, that's been sitting on the peg for the past couple days. It was out of a fresh case, not a return. I've actually seen quite a few Appos sitting on the pegs at various Targets this past week.

That seems likely since i just got some Appos from HTS last week.

I'm addicted to buying the pocketmodel TCG packs now! Thus far i have a Venator Cruiser, Tantive IV, Imperial Shuttle, the "aluminum falcon" and a bunch of fighters.

Tycho
07-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Pappa Palpatine's Perfect Pizza here: "What the heck is an aluminum falcon?!"

"What do you mean it blew up my Death Star?!"

figrin bran
07-02-2007, 02:10 AM
this is off topic but do any of you Burbank guys know where the Burbank 7-11 that was converted to a Kwik E Mart for a Simpsons movie promotion located?

JodyB
07-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Verdugo and Olive... the one next to McDonalds, and there is another one in Venice on Sepulveda and Venice.

K M Toydarian
07-02-2007, 02:32 AM
http://www.7-eleven.com/ has a link to find the kwik-e-marts.

This kinda of stuff makes me realize how fortunate I am to live here. A major city with 2 kwik-e-marts. We have to put up with the traffic and additional scalpers, but we get some perks. :thumbsup:
Can't wait to buy some KrustyO's and Buzz Cola!

JodyB
07-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Too Bad they didn't make Duff

figrin bran
07-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Verdugo and Olive... the one next to McDonalds, and there is another one in Venice on Sepulveda and Venice.

Thanks JodyB! :thumbsup:

the Burbank one is closer to me so i guess i'll go to that one.

Jango Speck
07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Hurray! I found two Jawas at a Des Moines, Iowa Walmart today, and Cruisin' Ramone and Bugs McQueen. No sign of Legends in these parts though. Although I've been in insane proximity to multiple Walmarts and Targets here, I can't wait to get home tomorrow.

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Hey gang, are we still planning on attempting a get-together next Saturday? It's been a while since we've talked about it, but next weekend is rapidly approaching. I'm still game if everyone else is.
I'm a little busier than I expected, trying to put together enough money to go to SDCC. I can do Saturday afternoon at something like Los Feliz Sizzler, we can go trash TRU across the street afterwards, but I can't go much further (keep in mind, I am taking the fargin' bus) because when we're done I go back to earning dough. Anybody interested in this sound off.

Jango Speck
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Finally found some Legends figs in Iowa today. Grabbed a Shockie, left the rest to some eager guys behind me. Saw an employee grab the Legends Vader and stash it in the storeroom- what a knob. Anyway, Walmart had VTAC marked down to $5.88!! Too bad I already picked up my Snowtrooper army two weeks ago for $11.99 each. :mad:

Surely we can find a better place in Los Feliz than Sizzler? There's a ton of good places right across from the TRU parking lot.

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
There are several choices in a 2 block radius from TRU Los Feliz - Sizzler, the Tam O' Shanter Inn, Mimi's Cafe, Baja Fresh, Pat & Oscar's, Panda Express, Togo's/31 Flavors, California Roll & Sushi Fish, and Del Taco. A few blocks west there's also Asia and Giamela's.

Jango Speck
07-04-2007, 03:00 AM
Home sweet home! As my cab raced through Burbank tonight to take me home, we passed a mob outside of our new Kwik-E-Mart on Verdugo. If I hadn't been so friggin spent, I would have walked back over with a camera. Guess I'll have to check it out this weekend.

On the bright side, I packed three carded figures into my carry-on duffle this morning, and after three different airports, several hours and a few tight squeezes into small overhead compartments, and my daughter taking a nap on my bag, the bubbles and cards turned out in great condition- not that it mattered since they were all destined to be openers for my band of Jawas.

P.S. I had the chance to play with Apple's iPhone this morning- now I really hate my new Samsung Blackjack. Can't wait for Apple's version #2 iPhone.

figrin bran
07-04-2007, 03:16 AM
JT, i don't think i could make it this saturday and judging by lack of responses, i'm not sure i'd be a great time to have the lunch anyhow. Los Feliz Del Taco??? are you kidding?

on the collecting front, i got 2 SW Weekend Cantina Band biths from a trade.

JediTricks
07-04-2007, 05:26 AM
What the heck Figgy? I thought you had this weekend free based on your last post on the matter.

And yes, I was kidding about Los Feliz Del Taco, I was just pointing out every restaurant I could think of in the area. :p

Jango Speck
07-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Holy crap. I leave town for a week, and when I eventually cruise back into our Burbank TRU, what do I find? The pegs are still jammed with TAC Mace Windu! Oh, and the lonely Legends C3PO. They've gotten rid of the dark brown Tusken/Bantha sets, and are re-stocked with the original beige versions. I'd love to find some new stuff before ComiCon- is that too much to ask?

BlueSnags
07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
By the way - the manager at Burbank TRU claimed yesterday that he is receiving straight cases of Mace Windus and that's why there's so many on the pegs. No joke.

-Snags

figrin bran
07-05-2007, 10:46 PM
By the way - the manager at Burbank TRU claimed yesterday that he is receiving straight cases of Mace Windus and that's why there's so many on the pegs. No joke.

-Snags

what a fruit tart!

i ordered a Pepsi Optimus Prime from hasbrotoyshop today.

JediTricks
07-06-2007, 12:20 AM

-Snags
Could have been repack.

BlueSnags
07-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Could have been repack.

Most likely what happened was the guys who unload the truck pilfered the good figures out of all the Wave 3 cases, and were left with Mace and nothing else. When they brought the cases out to stock them, the manager took a look at the boxes filled with nothing but Maces and thought, "Looks like we're getting straight cases of this figure now." What a maroon. :laugh:

-Snags

JediTricks
07-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Seems a lot less likely than just repack from another store being foisted onto them - repack gets around sometimes, it just happens. You're talking about a LOT of headhunting and empty boxes with no explanation of how they got that way.

BlueSnags
07-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Knowing that store as well as I do, I feel comfortable stating that something fishy went on.:thumbsup:

-Snags

JodyB
07-06-2007, 01:58 AM
I think they are all conspiracy theories myself... yes thing's have gone on in the past there but I have found lot's of stuff myself there... and knowing TRU he might be right about those cases... I've seen it happen with Marvel LEgends to Ghostbuster figures... it's the stuff that isn't selling on the website...

Jango Speck
07-06-2007, 02:47 AM
TRU needs some sort of outlet store, so they don't contaminate the retail stores with unwanted product. I can't see any logic to this shipping of full cases of the same figure. Our local TRU in Burbank has had problems for years, and they don't seem to care at all.

By the way, the new toy shop in Burbank mall, "Halo 13" is now selling Legends figures for just over twice the retail price. I think the owner is the former manager of the KB store upstairs. He cut his hair, but he's not fooling me. He's a nice guy, but charging so much for current product makes me mad- and I have no doubt he's getting first picks from KB in the morning.

Another WTF to report- while I was out of town, we lost Suncoast in the mall. First they disappeared from Glendale, now they've dried up in Burbank with no warning. I swear I was in there the week before my trip and they didn't say anything about shutting down. At the very least they had a great variety of DVDs and I could always gawk at their glass case full of GG statues. Hot Topic isn't carrying BustUps anymore, so now we've lost the only other alternative to comic shops.

darkagent
07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Another WTF to report- while I was out of town, we lost Suncoast in the mall. First they disappeared from Glendale, now they've dried up in Burbank with no warning. I swear I was in there the week before my trip and they didn't say anything about shutting down. At the very least they had a great variety of DVDs and I could always gawk at their glass case full of GG statues. Hot Topic isn't carrying BustUps anymore, so now we've lost the only other alternative to comic shops.

That's too bad. I still can't believe they closed the one in Glendale. You're right about no notices too. One week I'm visiting the store in Glendale, the next week it's gone. So the closest store now is Santa Anita? Or is that I gone too?

Jango Speck
07-06-2007, 12:37 PM
That's too bad. I still can't believe they closed the one in Glendale. You're right about no notices too. One week I'm visiting the store in Glendale, the next week it's gone. So the closest store now is Santa Anita? Or is that I gone too?

I looked this up on Wikipedia, and they mention that the parent company filed for bankruptcy in 2006, and closed a lot of Sam Goody/Musicland stores, plus some Suncoasts. Why we are just now loosing these two stores is strange- and I would think these would be in hi-traffic popular areas.

Has the new Target at Glendale Galleria opened yet?

darkagent
07-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Has the new Target at Glendale Galleria opened yet?

No, it opens on Sunday July 29th.

BlueSnags
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Crap, that Suncoast was a good place to find GG stuff on occasion.:cry:

-Snags

darkagent
07-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Does anyone here have a CIV collector's panal Stormtrooper medallion that they'd be willing to trade? This is the only one I still need to complete my set. I have an extra Jawa and Leia medallion that I can use for trade.

Commtech
07-07-2007, 04:26 AM
What's up dudes? I was MIA for a over a week but just came back from a vacation down in good ol' Mex. Anyway, have the gold coins come out? I'm very interested in those, so if anyone sees them, please stash.

Kidhuman
07-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Gold coins are not out yet, they should be soon when wave 4 hits.

Jango Speck
07-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I take from the lack of info that we are not meeting tonight?

Funny Money
07-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Back from a long, long road trip and La Cienega TRU is still packed with rotten, non-selling, SW fodder.

stillakid
07-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I have tomorrow (Sunday) off. If you're in Prague, stop by and we'll hang out. :yes:

figrin bran
07-07-2007, 05:12 PM
7/7/07 the luckiest day ever my foot!

didn't find squat today. the "best" things i got were the Burger King Ratchet and Scorponok and that's not saying much.

there's no VTSC clearance around here yet.

BlueSnags
07-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Was going through my collection today and found some extra stuff. If anybody is interested, shoot me a PM. Let me know by end of the day Sunday, otherwise they're off to Ebay.

Target Ex. Mint in Sealed Box Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter - $10
Target Ex. Mint in Mint Package Skirmish In The Senate Battle Pack x2 - $10 each SOLD
Target Ex. Betrayal on Felucia Battle Pack Mint in Mint Package - $15
Battle of Tantive IV Battle Pack - Mint in Near Mint Package - $10 SOLD
Walmart Ex. Shocktrooper Unleashed Mint in Mint Package x 2 - $15 each
Walmart Ex. Han Solo as Stormtrooper Unleashed Mint in Mint Package - $15
Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch - Mint in Mint Package - $10
Marvel Legends Wonder Man "Ionic" Variant - Mint in Mint Package - $12
Marvel Legends Logan "Young" Variant - Mint in Near Mint Package - $12
Marvel Legends X-23 "Purple" Variant - Mint in Mint Package - $12
Or all 4 Marvel Legends for $40
Gentle Giant LOTR Strider and Ringwraith Busts - Mint in Box - $110 for both
Gentle Giant LOTR Saruman Maquette - Mint in Box - $60
Gentle Giant General Grevious Bust - Mint in Box - $50
Gentle Giant AOTC Clone Trooper Bust-Up 4-pack - Mint in Box - $20
Gentle Giant SWS Ex "Battle Damaged" AOTC Clone Trooper Bust-Up 4-pack - $25
SWS.com Ex TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 (3 3/4" scale) - $25

Just added: Animated Clone Wars Bust-Ups Set - Mint in Baggies - $45 - includes 1x Snow Bunny Padme, 1x Obi-Wan, 1x Grievous, 1x Anakin, 1x Yoda, 1x Red ARC Trooper, 1x Blue ARC Trooper, 1x White ARC Trooper

-Snags

BlueSnags
07-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Got a few more items for sale - a collection of Sideshow 12" figures. Just shoot me a PM if interested.

12" Exclusive Mace Windu - Mint in Box - $50 PENDING
12" Exclusive Qui-Gon Jinn - Mint in Box - $50
12" Exclusive Anakin Skywalker - Mint in Box $50
12" Exclusive Kit Fisto - Mint in Box - $50
12" Exclusive Han Solo - Mint in Box - $50
12" Exclusive Bib Fortuna - Mint in Box - $50
12" Inclusive Darth Maul and Sith Probe Droids - Mint in Boxes - $80 PENDING

If you buy three or more, I'll throw in a Sideshow Gift Card worth $30. If you buy them all, not only will you get a $30 Gift Card, but I'll throw in a $20 Gift Card as well.

In Just Found news, met up with Speck this morning at Burbank TRU and there was nothing but about 50 Mace Windus hanging on the pegs. They had the new Cars but apparently Bob the Plumber scored them all.

FINALLY scored a Titanium Battlestar Pegasus after months and months. Found today at Pacoima Target.

-Snags

Commtech
07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Back in the game!!:) Nothing new at Burbank Target though.:(

figrin bran
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Snags, that animated Bust Ups set doesn't include any variants, does it?

BlueSnags
07-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Snags, that animated Bust Ups set doesn't include any variants, does it?

FB - it contains two of the four variants (Red ARC and Blue ARC).

-Snags

Cataclizm1
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi guys. Has anyone spotted the 25th Annivesary GI JOEs yet? I'm looking for both the 5-packs and the single carded figures...

JodyB
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm looking for them... no sign here yet

toonimator
07-10-2007, 09:59 PM
House of Secrets in Burbank had 'em last week, no sign at retail yet tho. Someone on RS posted that their Target had all of Marvel Legends Wave 2, which (far as I know) most Targets never got, or even had peg space for, so maybe they're rearranging things soon to bring Legends back and add in the Joes?

figrin bran
07-10-2007, 10:22 PM
FB - it contains two of the four variants (Red ARC and Blue ARC).

-Snags

oops, i should've been more specific and said "smoky anakin" and "grey grievous". i have plenty of Red and Blue ARCs already.

i got some animated clone casts today so now i can add legs to CW Saesee and the other clones!

JodyB
07-10-2007, 10:24 PM
House of Secrets in Burbank had 'em last week, no sign at retail yet tho. Someone on RS posted that their Target had all of Marvel Legends Wave 2, which (far as I know) most Targets never got, or even had peg space for, so maybe they're rearranging things soon to bring Legends back and add in the Joes?

I found all of Marvel Legends Wave 2 at Pacioma Target yesterday.

Commtech
07-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I found all of Marvel Legends Wave 2 at Pacioma Target yesterday.

My friend found a Thor at La Brea Target.

Jango Speck
07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks to CrunchyNug for the Cars stash.

BlueSnags
07-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Thanks to CrunchyNug for the Cars stash.

CrunchyNug? Where's that punk been hiding out? Haven't heard from him in weeks...:whip:

-Snags

CrunchyNug
07-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Sleeping in and waiting for w4 to hit...:sleeping:

figrin bran
07-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Has anyone who collects JLU figures, besides CrunchyNug, seen any of the new 3 packs and singles? I'm close to pulling a "headphones" and buying up all the Zatanna packs at my local Target and then dumping them out closer to you guys :p

Tycho
07-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Sleeping in and waiting for w4 to hit...:sleeping:

That's my plan as well. I don't miss shopping, not really.

darkagent
07-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Has anyone who collects JLU figures, besides CrunchyNug, seen any of the new 3 packs and singles? I'm close to pulling a "headphones" and buying up all the Zatanna packs at my local Target and then dumping them out closer to you guys :p

I found the new 3 packs (same ones CrunchyNug found) and Vixen wave of single packs this week at Target. Haven't seen the Blue Devil wave of single packs or the Hawkman/Joker wave of 3 packs yet.

toonimator
07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Last week I saw the Vixen singles wave (minus Sinestro), picked up Vixen & Kyle since I skipped their 3-packs. They had the Hawkman/Joker wave of 3-packs, too. Still don't like Canary's costume in the 3-packs, and her torso skin doesn't match her face & hands, but even worse is the difference between Hawkman's bright face and dull dead-looking torso & arms. So those were easy skips. Surprisingly, the Vigilante 3-pack had an accessory! His revolver. Guess they didn't wanna try to sell a cowboy with an empty holster :razz:

My friend found a Thor at La Brea Target.

Also worth noting, HTS still has all of Wave 2 (minus variants, of course, and Thor) available.

darkagent
07-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Picked up the Joker and Hawkman 3 packs today. Target also finally put out Wave 2 of Marvel Legends. Everything was there including Thor. No variants.

CrunchyNug
07-11-2007, 01:24 PM
How many Hawkman 3-packs were there in the assortment, 1 or 2? I'm definitely getting one of those!!!

darkagent
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
How many Hawkman 3-packs were there in the assortment, 1 or 2? I'm definitely getting one of those!!!

From what I saw on the shelf, there were x2 Joker 3-packs and x1 Hawkman 3-pack.

toonimator
07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
That's what I saw too, the other day. Just be prepared to paint Hawkman!

CrunchyNug
07-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey Toon, I've got my paint brushes all ready to go. If you happen across another Hawkman, a stash job would be much appreciated!!!

toonimator
07-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Will do! I'm hoping ol' Carter will get the single-card treatment. Gotta have his mace! (first DC figure I ever got was Super Powers Hawkman way back when they debuted)

figrin bran
07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
As i've been really ill the past few days, I could use JLU stashes as well for Barda/Deadshot, Star Sapphire/Sand, Vigilante/Obsidian, Joker pack, Hawkman pack, and for singles, Shining Knight, Luthor, Sinestro

Commtech
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I know this is old, but I found 2 and stashed one marvel legends planet hulk with the grey/silver arm variant. It was hard to find for me, so maybe someone out there wants it. It's at Burbank K-Mart. PM me for the details.

CrunchyNug
07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Got me a Hawkman 3-pack this morning!!! I was able to stash a Canary/Joker 3-pack as well. Figrin, send me a PM if you want it.

Toon, the paint it app on Hawkman is as bad as you had warned!!!

Still no VTAC clearance at any of the Targets I visited.

toonimator
07-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I stashed 2 Joker sets. edit: now it seems I needn't have bothered! :) No new singles, and none of the other new sets except the purple-carded silver Supergirl/Superman/Steel that's been pegwarming yellow-carded at Burbank Kmart for months. :rolleyes: Seemed odd that there was only the Joker sets and the silver Superfamily, when nobody else seemed to be there at 8:02. Does Hawkman ship with the Barda, Star Sapphire, and Obsidian packs?

figrin bran
07-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Crunchy and Toony, I've sent both of you PM's.

I don't believe Hawkman is in the same assortment with Barda, Star Sapphire and Obsidian. but he should've been there with the Joker packs.

I wish i had never paid K-Mart's rip off price for that Supes/Supergirl/Steel pack last year

In the meantime, here's my nearly completed Supergirl

Supergirl (http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/DSCI0087.jpg)

Tycho
07-12-2007, 01:20 PM
How have you noticed the V-wing and Sith Infiltrator doing at your local stores: sitting, selling, or sold-out?

I'm interested because I'm concerned with how the AT-TP and Grievous' ship will do when they come out this fall.

Commtech
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM

I don't believe Hawkman is in the same assortment with Barda, Star Sapphire and Obsidian. but he should've been there with the Joker packs.

I wish i had never paid K-Mart's rip off price for that Supes/Supergirl/Steel pack last year

I don't collect many DC, but very nice work Fig!!:thumbsup:

toonimator
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Nice work! Weird that no Hawkman was there today. Also funny that BOTH new waves were there (for 3-packs) last week. That must account for all the extra Zatannas and Big Three packs clogging the pegs (again).

Tycho, the Infiltrator & V-wing sell out in Burbank. One or the other may sit for a couple days, but then they vanish. The only consistent shelfwarmers (though they still end up moving; only 2 ships on the shelves now!) are the Obi-Wan & Mace JSFs and the Hailfire Droid, pretty much.

darkagent
07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
How have you noticed the V-wing and Sith Infiltrator doing at your local stores: sitting, selling, or sold-out?

I'm interested because I'm concerned with how the AT-TP and Grievous' ship will do when they come out this fall.

I've seen both sitting on the shelves at a few places around here.

darkagent
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM

That's nice Figrin, what's the receipe?

Cataclizm1
07-12-2007, 07:31 PM
At City of Hawthorne TRU I found the GI JOE 25th Joe 5-pack (bought last one), Cobra 5-pack x3 (Bought 1), Snake eyes v2 x2 (bought 1), Stormshadow v2 (bought last one), Flint x1 (passed his chin is messed up), Cobra Commander v2 x1 (passed his hood had a dimple by the nose).

Jango Speck
07-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Re: GG preorder for SDCC

Wow, with one extra server, this was a bigger mess than the C4 preorder. I finally got a Cody, but missed out on the LOTR exclusive.

JodyB
07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
At City of Hawthorne TRU I found the GI JOE 25th Joe 5-pack (bought last one), Cobra 5-pack x3 (Bought 1), Snake eyes v2 x2 (bought 1), Stormshadow v2 (bought last one), Flint x1 (passed his chin is messed up), Cobra Commander v2 x1 (passed his hood had a dimple by the nose).

I found them today too... but only bought Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander... Dirty Sanchez bought all the rest that I left. Atleast they were really beaten up cards.And I left the 5 packs cause I can get them cheaper somewhere else. Also found the 08 Camaro Bumblebee too. Pretty good day for me I guess :laugh:

figrin bran
07-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Tycho, the V-Wings and Infiltrators seem to sell in my local stores as well. Because mornings are usually when i go, it only looks like they're sitting but they eventually sell.

Thanks toony and darkagent re: my supergirl wip. Darkagent, the recipe is as follows:

Body, arms, legs: JLU Dr. Light

Head : Cast from a Jack in the box Supergirl toy available years ago

Cape : i wanted to use the Dr. Light cape b/c it had nice details but then i would have had to angle the hair which looks strange when it's just a neutral pose figure. I ended up cutting out a pocket from an old binder and painted it red.

Skirt : cut out from a ROTS Royal Guard!!!

skirt belt and boot trimmings : plastic necklace string

darkagent
07-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Also found the 08 Camaro Bumblebee too. Pretty good day for me I guess :laugh:

I didn't think the new Bumblebee would be out already. Did he ship with any other new figures?

darkagent
07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
That's what I saw too, the other day. Just be prepared to paint Hawkman!

You're right. It looks like it's he's just a repainted Winged Amazo with a new head sculpt. They even left the wings grey. I wish they would have molded the straps and chest emblem. At the very least, paint the body skin color to match the new head.

JodyB
07-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I didn't think the new Bumblebee would be out already. Did he ship with any other new figures?

Deathwing and Arcee

BlueSnags
07-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Re: GG preorder for SDCC

Wow, with one extra server, this was a bigger mess than the C4 preorder. I finally got a Cody, but missed out on the LOTR exclusive.

Yup - it was a true clusterf---, the likes of which only GG can produce.

-Snags

Commtech
07-13-2007, 11:52 AM
The ML grey/silver arm planet hulk stash is still there at K-mart Burbank if someone is still interested. I went there this morning and it's there.

toonimator
07-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I stashed a Hawkman pack at Burbank Target. This one looks just as dead as the last! They're getting lots of Deluxe Transformers in finally, but I guess only had the new wave once earlier in the week, where someone I didn't recognize grabbed 'em (Commtech saw him, too). Weird how new people show up only when new stuff is out, then never again. :rolleyes:

Commtech
07-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I stashed a Hawkman pack at Burbank Target. This one looks just as dead as the last! They're getting lots of Deluxe Transformers in finally, but I guess only had the new wave once earlier in the week, where someone I didn't recognize grabbed 'em (Commtech saw him, too). Weird how new people show up only when new stuff is out, then never again. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that guy beat me to the pegs and took the new bumblebee:(. I thought he was going for Star Wars or something else. I had never seen him before either. It's ok though, I'm sure we'll see a bunch pretty soon. Plus, I needed a few more "old" bumblebees for friends in Mexico that I'm hooking up with (they don't get this stuff over there:yes:).

I found the unleashed prime yesterday at 6pm (weird) at TRU Burbank. That thing is sweet but very expensive (29.99) but I still had to buy it.

toonimator
07-13-2007, 01:54 PM
$30?!? Is he the same size as Unleashed Bumblebee (and SW Unleashed, for that matter)?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of New Bumblebees around eventually. I don't think there's ever been a basic-line Transformer I've ever NOT seen many times over in the last few years.

CrunchyNug
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Have you guys seen the Target exclusive transforming Optimus Prime in the Unleashed-esque packaging for $19.99? (It's more of a hexagon, not a straight tube.) I picked him up yesterday and am very impressed!!! First Transformer I've bought in years...

toonimator
07-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Yep, I got him that first week when they were $2-off. He's not bad! I managed to turn him into a truck reasonably well without reading the instructions :)

The same toy is being repackaged as Voyager-class Prime for wide-release... same price, just less 'metallic' paint I think.

Commtech
07-13-2007, 04:51 PM
$30?!? Is he the same size as Unleashed Bumblebee (and SW Unleashed, for that matter)?

Yes, same size, just a fancier box. Pictured on the back are Unleashed bumble bee, megatron and barricade.

figrin bran
07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Toonimator, i'm sending over a PM about the Hawkman stash.

I've had the Robovision Prime for a few weeks now but i'm tempted every time i see Leader class Prime!

Jango Speck
07-14-2007, 03:22 AM
Does anyone know where Entertainment Earth is moving to? I hope it's still local...

BlueSnags
07-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey guys -

Here are my remaining items for sale. Shoot me a PM this weekend if interested.

Internet Excl. Republic Commando Delta Squad - Mint in Mint Package - $25 SOLD
Episode II Commemorative Tin - figures MIP - $15
Marvel Comic 2-pack - 2x Han Stormtrooper/Chewie, 2x Vader/Rebel Trooper - $6 each
Target Excl. Mint in Sealed Box Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter - $10
Target Excl. Betrayal on Felucia Battle Pack Mint in Mint Package - $13
Walmart Excl. Shocktrooper Unleashed Mint in Mint Package x 2 - $15 each
Walmart Excl. Han Solo as Stormtrooper Unleashed Mint in Mint Package - $15
SWS.com Excl. TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 (3 3/4" scale) - $25
TRU Excl. Titanium Ultra X-Wing Mint in Mint Box - $15
TRU Excl. Titanium Ultra Republic Gunship Mint in Mint Box - $15
KB Excl. EVA Darth Vader Lamp - $10
Gentle Giant LOTR Strider and Ringwraith Busts - Mint in Box - $100 for set
Gentle Giant LOTR Saruman Maquette - Mint in Box - $50
Gentle Giant General Grevious Bust - Mint in Box - $50
Gentle Giant AOTC Clone Trooper Bust-Up 4-pack - Mint in Box - $15
Gentle Giant SWS Excl. "Battle Damaged" AOTC Clone Trooper Bust-Up 4-pack - $20
Gentle Giant Animated Clone Wars Bust-Ups Set - Mint in Baggies - $45 - includes 1x Snow Bunny Padme, 1x Obi-Wan, 1x Grievous, 1x Anakin, 1x Yoda, 1x Red ARC Trooper, 1x Blue ARC Trooper, 1x White ARC Trooper
12" Sideshow Exclusive Qui-Gon Jinn - Mint in Box - $50
12" Sideshow Exclusive Anakin Skywalker - Mint in Box $50
12" Sideshow Exclusive Kit Fisto - Mint in Box - $50
12" Sideshow Exclusive Han Solo - Mint in Box - $50
12" Sideshow Exclusive Bib Fortuna - Mint in Box - $50
Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch - Mint in Mint Package - $8
Marvel Legends Wonder Man "Ionic" Variant - Mint in Mint Package - $10
Marvel Legends Logan "Young" Variant - Mint in Near Mint Package - $10
Marvel Legends X-23 "Purple" Variant - Mint in Mint Package - $10

-Snags

Commtech
07-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Wow! Those are great prices Snags!

figrin bran
07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I stashed a TF Dreadwing at Eagle Rock Target. PM me if you would like it.

Picked up McChewie and Legends Maul from La Brea Target this morning.

I got the Joker JLU packs thanks to Toony's stash. You never got back to me about the Hawkman stash so i systematically went through a few aisles, trying to guess where it might be hidden. The force was with me as i actually found it along with a Titanium Pegasus.

Pasadena Target seems to be the only place with VTSC on clearance. There was even a lone Snowtrooper on the pegs at around 2 which i bought.

Commtech
07-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Pasadena Target seems to be the only place with VTSC on clearance. There was even a lone Snowtrooper on the pegs at around 2 which i bought.

hey Fig: What's the clearance price at that target for the VTSC?

figrin bran
07-15-2007, 02:03 AM
hey Fig: What's the clearance price at that target for the VTSC?

They were $8.38.

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 01:07 AM
I stashed a TF Dreadwing at Eagle Rock Target. PM me if you would like it.

Oh, you're killing me, I was at Eagle Rock Target around the time you posted that, would have picked up the figure (even though it looks kinda bad) for $8.99 had I known... :( And the VTSC clearance thing, similar deal.

Same Target had the newly reboxed Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, and TF:movie Fast Action Battlers wave 2 including the laughably bad Frenzy.

Tycho
07-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I think Frenzy's kind of cool.

figrin bran
07-16-2007, 02:00 AM
I think Frenzy's kind of cool.

We're not talking about Frenzy in general! We're talking about the 2nd wave of fast action battlers and the terrible looking Frenzy in that line. :p Megs and Blackout aren't much better in that format either

Look at it this way, JT i saved you money and i spared you from having to post a C- review for Dreadwing. Too much kibble on the underside of the plane, a poor color scheme and that bizarre Swindle styled head doesn't add up to a winning design.

Tycho
07-16-2007, 02:19 AM
We're not talking about Frenzy in general! We're talking about the 2nd wave of fast action battlers and the terrible looking Frenzy in that line.

I know. I was saying I actually like that toy. He really transforms into a boom box.

The parts don't disguise that well in robot mode however. I'd love it if they made something the size of a miniCon but was somehow a better Transformer than that Fast Action Battler.

I just think that the attempt was cool as opposed to the only other way they've issued Frenzy was by making him part of Barricade's brush guard or engine grill.

toonimator
07-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I got the Joker JLU packs thanks to Toony's stash. You never got back to me about the Hawkman stash so i systematically went through a few aisles, trying to guess where it might be hidden. The force was with me as i actually found it along with a Titanium Pegasus.
I was away from the computer all weekend, sorry I didn't get back to ya. But you found it anyway! I stashed the Pegasus there days before just in case anyone needed it. Today at Burbank Target they had 3 or 4 MORE Pegasuses... Pegasi? :)

I got there late, saw someone I didn't recognize walking around with 2 DC Superheroes. I saw Steel in his hands, couldn't tell the other except it must be a hero since it had a purple backing. Probably Blue Supergirl :( Naturally, when I got to the pegs they were full (so full it's surprising there were 2 figures removed!) of same ol' basic Superman figures and 1 lonely Parasite. Same as yesterday, except maybe one extra Supes. Have I mentioned I hate Mattel's assortments? In SW news, lots of Maces still hanging around, with a peg or so of 'anyone else'. DST, Yavin Luke, Tosche Biggs, a couple Hans, Obi-Wan.

darkagent
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Does anyone here need a black suited Super-Man or Mongul? If not, I'm going to return it to Target this weekend.

Commtech
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I got there late, saw someone I didn't recognize walking around with 2 DC Superheroes. I saw Steel in his hands, couldn't tell the other except it must be a hero since it had a purple backing.

It was the black suit superman, Toon. And the steel was the the chrome chest variant. I left them on the pegs. I didn't think anyone needed them, otherwise I would've stashed them. Also, they didn't restock on deluxe transformers, so probably tomorrow we'll see more.

toonimator
07-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the info! Glad I didn't miss Supergirl by 10 minutes. I guess Mattel overcompensated; after the initial difficulty in finding her, the white-shirt version was plentiful, pegwarming in many places. Kmart's still got a few, last I checked. But the new Kara... bad planning on their part.

I also noticed the vacant Deluxe TF section. Looking forward to seeing what assortments they get in!

BlueSnags
07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
FYI - attendee pre-orders are up for the 2 SDCC ACME Character Keys (Sandtrooper and Joe Johnston X-Wing sketch).

-Snags

darkagent
07-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the info! Glad I didn't miss Supergirl by 10 minutes. I guess Mattel overcompensated; after the initial difficulty in finding her, the white-shirt version was plentiful, pegwarming in many places. Kmart's still got a few, last I checked. But the new Kara... bad planning on their part.

I didn't know you needed her. I had one in my car for a couple weeks now (bought for a friend but they didn't need it) and just returned it over the weekend. :(

figrin bran
07-16-2007, 10:23 PM
I also noticed the vacant Deluxe TF section. Looking forward to seeing what assortments they get in!

It should be Dreadwing, Arcee and 08 Camaro Bumblebee as that assortment has been hitting other Targets.

JediTricks
07-17-2007, 01:38 AM
We're not talking about Frenzy in general! We're talking about the 2nd wave of fast action battlers and the terrible looking Frenzy in that line. :p Megs and Blackout aren't much better in that format either I paid more attention to FAB Megs today... wow, Sucketh Maximus! Blackout was Soldout.

Look at it this way, JT i saved you money and i spared you from having to post a C- review for Dreadwing. Too much kibble on the underside of the plane, a poor color scheme and that bizarre Swindle styled head doesn't add up to a winning design.Sadly not, I'm a sucker for deluxes. I'll not hunt for him though, that's for sure.

I know. I was saying I actually like that toy. He really transforms into a boom box.True, too bad he doesn't transform into a Frenzy.

The parts don't disguise that well in robot mode however. I'd love it if they made something the size of a miniCon but was somehow a better Transformer than that Fast Action Battler.No kidding they don't disguise well, he looks like a really crappy series of pointy limbs and a goofy head sticking out of a rubiks-cubed boombox in Bot mode.

Why doesn't Barricade's minicon-sized Frenzy work for you, is it because he doesn't transform?

I got there late, saw someone I didn't recognize walking around with 2 DC Superheroes. I saw Steel in his hands, couldn't tell the other except it must be a hero since it had a purple backing. Probably Blue Supergirl :( Naturally, when I got to the pegs they were full (so full it's surprising there were 2 figures removed!) of same ol' basic Superman figures and 1 lonely Parasite. Same as yesterday, except maybe one extra Supes. Have I mentioned I hate Mattel's assortments? In SW news, lots of Maces still hanging around, with a peg or so of 'anyone else'. DST, Yavin Luke, Tosche Biggs, a couple Hans, Obi-Wan.Urk, I saw both Blue Supergirl and chromed Steel at Target Eagle Rock on Saturday, didn't know these were of interest at this point.

Mattel's case assortments and crappy wave management have ruined this line, it's a real tragedy.

Funny Money
07-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Hey all, I have found an awesome website! I think all of you will love this. www.wishbookweb.com, This site has scans of all years of Sears Christmas Catalogs. You can surf through the pages of the 1979 Star Wars stuff and daydream about ordering a Cantina playset with a Blue Snaggletooth for $7.88!!!! It is a must see! Check it out and share your memories!:yes:lol

Tycho
07-17-2007, 02:38 AM
That's cool FunnyMoney. I remember the Sears' Wishbook was one of the ways I first learned of new SW products when I was a kid.

Al Gore hadn't invented the internet back then.

[Why doesn't Barricade's minicon-sized Frenzy work for you, is it because he doesn't transform?

Basically. It's hypocritical of me considering I don't care if Scorponok transforms, but I'd just like a movie Frenzy that I could play with.

Funny Money
07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey all, I have found an awesome website! I think all of you will love this. www.wishbookweb.com, This site has scans of all years of Sears Christmas Catalogs. You can surf through the pages of the 1979 Star Wars stuff and daydream about ordering a Cantina playset with a Blue Snaggletooth for $7.88!!!! It is a must see! Check it out and share your memories!:yes:lol

Be sure to check out GIJoe and the TFs in the later years!

Just got my SS Leia Boushh...SWEET!

toonimator
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Man, I had to hunt to find SW in that '83 catalog! I didn't remember (hey, I was 6 back then) that they lumped all SW together back in kids' bedding & jammies. Hope they get a few more years (84 Sears & Penneys would be awesome to see again! TONS of SW)

Loved seeing Sears get the "Imperial Attack Base" wrong in the photo, with Imps using it (in the description, too!)... can't really blame 'em, since Kenner goofed up on the box art in the first place!

Tycho
07-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Look at the prices! $24 for the Millennium Falcon and $11 for an X-wing or Vader's TIE Fighter.

The electronics pages are funny too. Those are record players and tape decks. It is a form of ancient earth technology before the CD even - and way before the i-Pod.

figrin bran
07-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for that link Funny Money!

Army builder packs! $7.44 for a Vader and 3 Stormies or a Tusken and 3 Jawas!

Wait a minute! Those Aluminum Falcons were only $24 and yet my parents still wouldn't buy me one???? they're going to hear about it from me! :p

JediTricks
07-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Look at it this way, JT i saved you money and i spared you from having to post a C- review for Dreadwing. Too much kibble on the underside of the plane, a poor color scheme and that bizarre Swindle styled head doesn't add up to a winning design.Sadly not, I'm a sucker for deluxes. I'll not hunt for him though, that's for sure.Uhhh, looks like I spoke too damn soon: http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=821

Wow, just... wow. Yeah, I'm thinking your claim of "C-" is incredibly generous. I'm not going to pay $10 for that.

figrin bran
07-18-2007, 03:12 AM
Uhhh, looks like I spoke too damn soon: http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=821

Wow, just... wow. Yeah, I'm thinking your claim of "C-" is incredibly generous. I'm not going to pay $10 for that.

Mind you, my "C-" grade was given solely based on how the alt form looked in the package...i never really looked in the back to see the robot mode. Usually I'm a sucker for Seekers/Jets, heck i even bought Cybertron Skywarp (definitely a regrettable purchase even if it was at clearance prices), but movie Screamer and UtterlyDreadful have been easy passes for me.

toonimator
07-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I think I might be hooked on the SW pocketmodels... bought a couple packs, just put together one (a blue-trimmed Corellian Corvette, X-wing, and a couple TIEs)... already broke a TIE though :hurt: Snapped a wing off while trying to place it on its stand. D'oh!

No sign of anything new at Burbank Target, except those WONDERFUL Fast Action Battlers. Megs, Blackout, and Frenzy all present & crappy-lookin. There was another Marine in the SW section, his facemask looked exceptionally shiny white compared to the other Marine still hanging around from a day or two ago. An SBD turned up as well.

Picked up a Quin/Villie set, since I don't have the red-faced Villie and don't mind the extra fodder (may try a Jedi Quin soon). Also got one of those new Miniatures 2-packs on a lark... pricey for just 2 figures, but I like getting some to have little physical representations of some cool custom ideas. Score! Got a Stormtrooper (blah) and a Rodian Hunt Master, one of the few from this series I actually want.

Jango Speck
07-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I just called EE, they are moving to Texas. That sucks... doing business in L.A. is just too expensive I guess. Apparently they are going to have a special limited time only shipping promo for people who normally do will call pickup. We'll hear about it tomorrow.

BlueSnags
07-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I just called EE, they are moving to Texas. That sucks... doing business in L.A. is just too expensive I guess. Apparently they are going to have a special limited time only shipping promo for people who normally do will call pickup. We'll hear about it tomorrow.

Crap, time to start ordering from someone else.

-Snags

figrin bran
07-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I think I might be hooked on the SW pocketmodels... bought a couple packs, just put together one (a blue-trimmed Corellian Corvette, X-wing, and a couple TIEs)... already broke a TIE though :hurt: Snapped a wing off while trying to place it on its stand. D'oh!

ha! that was me a few weeks back! i managed to get at least one of all the larger scale models so i've stopped buying.

Tycho
07-19-2007, 02:06 AM
I just called EE, they are moving to Texas.

I wonder if Adam Pawlus of Galactic Hunter is moving with them?

Chaddymac
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
That's awesome!!!

Jango Speck
07-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Cars News

I stashed RPM, Tex Dinoco, Bling Bling McQueen and Hydraulic Ramone at Burbank Target. Hootie and the Blowfish got there just after me, and looked disappointed. No sign of Yeti or Tongue McQueen. PM me for the 411.

figrin bran
07-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Cars News

I stashed RPM, Tex Dinoco, Bling Bling McQueen and Hydraulic Ramone at Burbank Target. Hootie and the Blowfish got there just after me, and looked disappointed. No sign of Yeti or Tongue McQueen. PM me for the 411.

I'm still looking for that RPM. PM sent to you!

toonimator
07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I've seen RPM a BUNCH at Burbank Target! I figured everyone had him already. I left just before Hootie walked in, no toys though just cat food & snacks. They haven't stocked much of anything lately except Ben10, it seems.

I swung by Kmart and saw a guy walk away with 3 Cars, one Tex and either Hydraulic Ramone or Ferrari... only caught a quick glimpse. Didn't catch the 3rd. On the pegs they still had Bug McQueen and Cruisin' Ramone, so that was nice to see. First I've seen either! Skipped 'em, no interest in Bug, and I'll pick up Ramone later, hopefully whenever I find Yeti.

Nuts to EE moving. I was lookin forward to getting a couple wave cases through will call! D'oh!

aeneas89
07-19-2007, 06:23 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/starwars2007/index.html

a new force unleashed trailer is up on gamespot.com

looks awesome

Jango Speck
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/starwars2007/index.html

a new force unleashed trailer is up on gamespot.com

looks awesome

Trailer is cool, but I had more fun grabbing all of those hi-res desktop images.

figrin bran
07-20-2007, 02:27 AM
I got a shipping notice from HTS for Pepsi Optimus Prime and the 4 Shock Troopers that i ordered.

So...i'll probably run into some of you at SDCC?

figrin bran
07-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the Cars stash Speck! I only bought RPM so the rest are still there

I also picked up another Snowtrooper for 8.38 from Smeagol Rock Target. I just missed out on new JLU packs as i saw 2 of the Supergirl/Steel packs but i think those come with Hawkman and Joker which i have already so i don't feel too bad about it. If anyone comes across the Barda/Deadshot, Star Sapphire/Sand or Obsidian/Vigilante packs, i could use a stash. thanks!

Tycho
07-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I had to go to Wal-Mart for supplies today. I hadn't been there in probably a month.

The Lushros Dofine count was down from like 24 to 2! I think maybe our store reporting helped. I can't say what happened there in a month's time - but those figures hadn't sold in over a year, so...

But they had like 7 Galactic Marines! That was a shock. Most of the figures were TACs - and most were GM's, with there being only 1 or 2 others of other designs.

The VTACs were there in force as well - with all the figures except the snowtroopers representing. I don't think people are so into the VTAC, perhaps because of the decline in quality on many of the face sculpts for those figures.

figrin bran
07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I had to go to Wal-Mart for supplies today. I hadn't been there in probably a month.

The Lushros Dofine count was down from like 24 to 2! I think maybe our store reporting helped. I can't say what happened there in a month's time - but those figures hadn't sold in over a year, so...

But they had like 7 Galactic Marines! That was a shock. Most of the figures were TACs - and most were GM's, with there being only 1 or 2 others of other designs.

I'm not surprised about there being 7 Marines. If I wanted to, I could hit all my local stores right now and come away with around 20 of the GM's. I guess there aren't as many army builders as I thought. Even the TAC Stormies are easier to come by than the Jawas.

I think the pegwarmer reports might have helped as only one of the stores that I reported on still has the same number of Padmes that I originally reported.

Tycho
07-22-2007, 03:56 AM
The Marines wouldn't be as demanded as regular clones since they were scene-specific and you only need a minimal of 4-5 of them (plus Bacara) to do the Mygeeto scene (Order 66 executes Ki-Adi Mundi).

Regular clones by contrast (or Utopau, 501st, Kashyyyk, etc. were seen in greater abundance in the film). I'm just guessing. But I only bought 4 Marines I think and that was enough.

Stormies are 2 per case versus Jawas at 1 per case, btw. Also many are angry that the stormy has a removeable helmet with Jango underneathe (a clone) and the Jawa offers the LIN Droid never made before (if way under-sized).

Thank you for tuning into this amazing analysis brought to you by Tycho - the man who also analyzed Thomas' English Muffins and reviewed different flavors of Jell-O for SirStevesGuide.

BlueSnags
07-23-2007, 12:02 AM
My mail-away VTAC coin set showed up yesterday.:whip:

-Snags

figrin bran
07-23-2007, 12:10 AM
I picked up a variant Saesee Tinn CW bust up set today and for the same price that they were charging for the non variant sets. This was at a comic book store that some of you frequent.

Also picked up a POTC Hadras from a Mervyn's.

Jango Speck
07-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Found lots of Legends figures at NoHo Target tonight. There were several of each clone, but only one Shocktrooper. The battledroids were missing, but they had lots of those stupid 3PO/battledroids. They also have the repackaged Vader Tie Advanced.

Oh yeah, VTAC was on clearance at NoHo.

darkagent
07-23-2007, 01:09 AM
I picked up a variant Saesee Tinn CW bust up set today and for the same price that they were charging for the non variant sets. This was at a comic book store that some of you frequent.

That's a great find at a great price. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 03:28 AM

I wonder if Adam Pawlus of Galactic Hunter is moving with them?Probably, but that's gotta suck for him because a couple years ago he moved from Arizona out to here to take the job.

I can't say I mind that much EE moving to Texas, I didn't go there enough to make it worth my while. But it guarantees I won't be ordering from them again if I can help it because they use some way-too-expensive shipping options.

wampaslayr
07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
My VTAC Coin Set arrived in the mail this weekend. They are packaged nicely. There is nothing special about the coins. They look like the ones you get with the TAC figures. I was surprised to get them so soon.

gambitguru
07-23-2007, 12:36 PM
havent been on a toy run for a couple years

7:57 target burbank saw the regular hot wheels dude bob and the other guy with longer hair. anyways finally pick up/saw a chewie mcquarrie yess. also picked up a jawa. i was surprise i was the only one that went for the star wars, the others went straight to the hot wheel and transformers. nothing to report on about transformers pegs were bare

8:10 target north hollywood nothing absolute bust

8:25 target pacoima, nothing to report on star wars. on the transformers front did see all of the voyager figures.

8:35 target van nuys, for the second time i saw chewie i picked that up. nothing for transformers

8:45 k mart north hollywood. nothing

anyways anybody got extra boba mcquarrie for trade/sell. ill trade for a chewie. and if anybody sees the new bumble bee can you stash it for me. i know everyone is looking for him.
it was fun hitting the stores again

Commtech
07-23-2007, 02:31 PM
havent been on a toy run for a couple years

7:57 target burbank saw the regular hot wheels dude bob and the other guy with longer hair. anyways finally pick up/saw a chewie mcquarrie yess. also picked up a jawa. i was surprise i was the only one that went for the star wars, the others went straight to the hot wheel and transformers. nothing to report on about transformers pegs were bare

it was fun hitting the stores again

Hey gambitguru, welcome back to the hunt!! I was there at Burbank target when you got your chewie. All the regulars have had their fill from that wave, that's why you didn't see anyone going for the star wars. Good that you got yours finally.
Everyone's waiting for the new bumblebee, so expect a lot of competition. In general, most of the action figure "regulars" are cool and stash for each other. And the hotwheels guys are a little crazy but harmless.:thumbsup:

gambitguru
07-23-2007, 04:26 PM
thanks Commtech, it is good to see another ssg member.

Jango Speck
07-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm clearing out my old collection, here's a few things I'm putting up for sale, with more to come from the same lines (POTF, TPM, POTJ). They are all pretty much MOMC, and have been in air conditioned non-smoking storage for a long time- $5 each.

OTC
Bib Fortuna

POTF (Green Card)
Bespin Luke Skywalker
Bib Fortuna
Boba Fett w/ sawed off blaster rifle
C-3PO - Metalized Body, Cargo Net
C-3PO with Removable Arm
Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty -PENDING
Death Star Trooper
Dengar
Gamorrean Guard
Greedo
Han Solo
Han Solo in Carbonite
Han Solo in Endor Gear
Han Solo w/ Heavy Assault Rifle
Hoth Chewbacca with Bowcaster Rifle -PENDING
Lando Calrissian in General's Gear
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard
Luke Skywalker Ceremony- Medal
R2-D2 - Launching Lightsaber
Ree-Yees
Sandtrooper
Snowtrooper
Tusken Raider with Gaderfii Stick -PENDING
Yoda - Jedi Trainer Backpack

Power of the Jedi
Anakin Skywalker (Mechanic)
Bespin Security Guard
Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice) -PENDING
IG-88 (Bounty Hunter) -PENDING
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Training Gear) -PENDING
Plo Koon (Jedi Master)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Mos Espa Disguise)
Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
Scout Trooper -PENDING
Tusken Raider (Desert Sniper) -PENDING

The Phantom Menace
Battle Droid
Battle Droid w/ Damage (3 variants)
Boss Nass
Captain Panaka
Captain Tarpals
Chancellor Valorum
Darth Maul's Sith Speeder
Jar Jar Binks w/ Gungan Battle Staff
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Naboo Royal Guard -PENDING
Naboo Royal Security
Nute Gunray
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel) w/ Lightsaber
Opee W/ Qui Gon Jinn ($10)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master) w/ Commlink
Ric Olie
Tatooine Accesory Set

CrunchyNug
07-24-2007, 12:40 PM
PM sent!!!

tom brokaw
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
went to panorama wal-mart and van nuys and pacoima target and theres nothing new star wars, just the usual. no mcquarries though. and if any of you are interested in transformers figs, theres a fresh stock at pacoima target. i stashed 2 70's bumblebees and one arcee. pm me for location.

CrunchyNug
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
i stashed 2 70's bumblebees and one arcee. pm me for location.

PM sent!!!

tom brokaw
07-25-2007, 03:49 PM
crunchies, pm sent back

Commtech
07-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Wow! It's been kind of "quiet" here the past few days.:sleeping:

figrin bran
07-26-2007, 12:12 AM
It's going to be quiet this weekend as well as I suspect quite a few of us will be at SDCC.

darkagent
07-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Just got back from preview night at SDCC and it was packed. Hasbro Toy Shop was a joke. They capped it a couple minutes after the convention opened. There's just way to many people. The aisles by the Hasbro booth were just clogged with tons of people.

JodyB
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Just got back from preview night at SDCC and it was packed. Hasbro Toy Shop was a joke. They capped it a couple minutes after the convention opened. There's just way to many people. The aisles by the Hasbro booth were just clogged with tons of people.

And that is why I will never go to Comic-Con again! The show is really too big for itself now... I'm sad too cause I remember how great it was when I first started going in 1990... :cry:

Navtek
07-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Found a McFett at SD Mission Valley Target this morning. I didn't even know they were still shipping it in case packs. Nothing else worth mentioning though.
I was at Preview Night as well. I got totally shut out of Hasbro. I can't imagine what they will do when the real crowds start showing up.
They were selling the Ultimate Bumblebee there though. That was a surprise.

toonimator
07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Ugh... not looking forward to the lines tomorrow then! Although last year, Saturday afternoon actually had really decent lines. I waited about 20 minutes tops to get my 501st Stormies & Nemesis Prime. All the crazy lines were from people wanting to get their stuff first, before it sold out... and it DID sell out Thursday and Friday long before closing, I think. Hopefully they've got as much stock this time around.

K M Toydarian
07-26-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Comic-Con adventure, but I I just hope I can get everything I want since because of work changes I can only go Friday out of my 4 day pass! Oh well, Never been, and still going to have fun. Hopefully not in Hasbro's line all day!

I did go to the NEW Glendale Galleria Target this afternoon. Soft opening was yesterday, grand opening Sunday.
Toy aisles look to be the the reset. They had Battle Packs out again for 19.99 - Tantive VI, Geonosis, etc. There was 1 Jawa amid a few regular wave 2 and 3 and a bunch of legends. Didn't stash the Jawa since it is a new store and I'm sure going to be insane this weekend. Nothing else new that I noticed.

Yesterday, Panorama City Wal-Mart had tons of Legends figures, all of wave 1. There had to be at least 12 cases worth or more.
Hopefully we will see those quantities when the other figures I really want are out like the Sandcrwler droid, all the pitdroid variations, and other Battle droid variants.

darkagent
07-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Found a McFett at SD Mission Valley Target this morning. I didn't even know they were still shipping it in case packs. Nothing else worth mentioning though.
I was at Preview Night as well. I got totally shut out of Hasbro. I can't imagine what they will do when the real crowds start showing up.
They were selling the Ultimate Bumblebee there though. That was a surprise.

Today Hasbro started handing out tickets for blocks of time for when you can come back to do your shopping. They handed them out at 10am and 2pm. At 10am, they handed out their allotment of tickets in about 10 mins. I don't think you can request a certain time block. They had a board up and had the times (ex 11am-1pm) and the ticket number range for that time. It was like a raffle.

Chaddymac
07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
They did that at Mattel the first year I went and I was satisfied with the way it turned out.

gambitguru
07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Yesterday, Panorama City Wal-Mart had tons of Legends figures, all of wave 1. There had to be at least 12 cases worth or more.

hey K M Toydarian if your using your 4 day pass only for friday, would consider giving it to me or me buying it from you

went to panorama city wal-mart tonight, had the same stuff

went to TRU topanga, get them while they are hot 25 obi wan's and about 15 mace windo on the pegs, only the 2 star wars figures there

fallbrook walmart/target nothing

darkagent
07-27-2007, 02:32 AM
They did that at Mattel the first year I went and I was satisfied with the way it turned out.

Yeah, Mattel did the raffle thing the past few years. The problem was you were not guaranteed a chance to buy the exclusive (if you only had a one day pass and you didn't win the raffle, no exclusive for you). This year, they dropped the raffle and went to first come, first serve. This caused long lines, capping of the line and a lot of very mad people.

figrin bran
07-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I stopped by Glendale Target today...nothing special though I noticed that Saga Legends were bumped up a buck to $7.64! ??????

Snags and Turbowars, the SSG crew told me you were there at SDCC on Friday so I guess I just missed you guys.

BlueSnags
07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I stopped by Glendale Target today...nothing special though I noticed that Saga Legends were bumped up a buck to $7.64! ??????

Snags and Turbowars, the SSG crew told me you were there at SDCC on Friday so I guess I just missed you guys.

Yeah, we all met up at the Hasbro presentation. Pretty cool to finally meet some of the longtime SSGers like Tycho, JT, and Deoxy. Sorry I missed you, FB.

Just got home from SDCC a few hours ago. What a madhouse it was this year. Even crazier than last year. Managed to score all the Hasbro and Gentle Giant stuff (including a GG Ray Harryhausen bust, which was limited to 50), but it was pretty tricky at times. The fact that I was drunk probably 50% of the time I was there didn't help matters either.:whip:

-Snags

figrin bran
07-28-2007, 09:44 PM
The SDCC Hasbro Line Nazi is my new enemy.

I took pics of the Sauron mini bust even though GG had "do not photograph. pending licensor approval".

Deoxy, I actually managed to sneak into the line on Friday about 20 minutes before closing but because I didn't want to haul anymore stuff, only got 1 McYoda/Kenobi.

BlueSnags
07-28-2007, 09:47 PM
The SDCC Hasbro Line Nazi is my new enemy.

Damn, which one? I noticed three or four line Nazis walking around screaming at everyone. The Hasbro booth really sucked this year, with the whole ticket gimmick they had going on.

-Snags

figrin bran
07-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Damn, which one? I noticed three or four line Nazis walking around screaming at everyone. The Hasbro booth really sucked this year, with the whole ticket gimmick they had going on.

-Snags

I meant the really short female one. What an idiot...while we were lining up upstairs in that pavilion area, she was shouting out directions to us but no one could hear her because there's so much noise going on.

I was totally expecting to run into you at ACME Snags! They gave me a really high number sandtrooper key. 700 something!

Darkagent, Mattel was actually pretty mellow on Friday. I got my JLU packs without any problems.

Jango Speck
07-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Whew!

Just got back from my one-day trip to SDCC. I'm friggin tired. There's no way I would have had the energy to do more than one day, unless I had a hotel with a jacuzzi tub- which I didn't.

I got there at 10:45am and walked right up to the Hasbro booth. I got all the exclusives and only waited in line for about 15 minutes. I stopped by the GG booth at 1pm and there was no line, so they let me get my pre-orders even though it wasn't supposed to be until 2pm. So much to see, total sensory overload today. Saw a lot of non-SW stuff that I'd love to have, but there's no way I'd have any room/money to expand the collection. Gotta say that the Emp. Palpatine maquette proto kicks *****- can't wait to have it next year. The new ACME giclee of the X-wing pilots is really nice too. If they keep rolling out OT giclees, I'm in trouble. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Indy4 promo stuff, but I'm sure there will be a lot more next year. Gotta go to sleep now...

CrunchyNug
07-30-2007, 02:35 AM
That place gets more & more crowded every year...and I was only there for Thurs / Fri!!! Had a nice relaxing weekend afterwards. Nice seeing a few of you at the Hasbro Q&A. Here's my haul -

Jango Speck
07-30-2007, 04:23 AM
I am willing to trade a Cody and/or Luna Lovegood bust for some C4 medallions. Any takers?

Update: I need all 12 medallions. I also have an extra R2-KT and Concept Yoda/Obi Wan set.

darkagent
07-30-2007, 11:08 AM
I am willing to trade a Cody and/or Luna Lovegood bust for some C4 medallions. Any takers?

What do you need? I have a Leia medallion available.

gambitguru
07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
on sale now mcquarrie obi wan and yoda on hasbro toy shop.com
discount code on less than $50.00= LPS10
more than $50.00= SPTIER07

also tf rodimus and menasor are onsale.... guys at seibetron.com are getting them quick, so hurry up!!

nothing at pacoima target

nothing at walmart in gardena off the 405

Commtech
07-30-2007, 12:31 PM

also tf rodimus and menasor are onsale.... guys at seibetron.com are getting them quick, so hurry up!!

Another promo code: comic2007 gives you 10% off at HTS.

Nothing interesting today at Burbank Target.

aeneas89
07-30-2007, 12:50 PM

thanks gambitguru!

Commtech
07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow! Rodimus is sold out at HTS!

Jango Speck
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
BTW, I talked to the guys at the EE booth. The warehouse is moving to Texas, but not their main office. So, one guy told me there won't be anymore will-call pickups, while the other guy said they'd so something "special" for their will-call customers.

JodyB
07-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Does anyone have an extra set of Destro's avalible? And maybe An Obi-yoda set?... I missed out on them on Hasbroshop...

Chaddymac
07-30-2007, 06:42 PM
BTW, I talked to the guys at the EE booth. The warehouse is moving to Texas, but not their main office. So, one guy told me there won't be anymore will-call pickups, while the other guy said they'd so something "special" for their will-call customers.
Further on the EE convo - spoke to Adam directly and he confirmed that the corporate offices would stay in LA. It didn't occur to me until after I got home, but that probably means Tax AND shipping will be added to our orders. boo on that. As for the will call, he said that they were trying to figure something out and mentioned that one option was that they would charge a nominal fee to ship it to their corporate office and then it could be picked up there (similar to what you can do at WalMart.com) He also said that in the meantime, they are keeping the will call option until the move is completed.

Tycho
07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I went to Target and got 3 new Galactic Hero sets:

Snowtrooper and Hoth Rebel (finally - hadn't seen them before)
Han Endor & Logray
Duro & Garindan

The Imperial sets (2) were already sold.

Last night my Wal-Mart seemed to get in a case of the new Comic 2-packs but I had JediTricks and my friend Halley with me and we were tired and didn't want to stake out Wal-Mart until 4am when the might've stocked it. She opened regular TAC cases for me later (the first time she just wanted to work without distractions) but the cases contained the Biggs X-wing wave and nothing I wanted.

CrunchyNug
07-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I got to Target a bit after opening this morning and there were 3 collectors with hand fulls of the new comic packs. Since I knew all of them, I was able to talk one of them out of his extra Luke/Mara pack. They all look great by the way!!! I'm very impressed with this line and am glad that it will continue for a bit longer.

tom brokaw
07-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Concept Luke Skywalker Figure with Collector Coin ON sale now at hasbrotoyshop.com
discount code LPS10 limit one per customer
time now is 10:05 pacific

get them while they are hot

toonimator
07-31-2007, 12:14 PM
I managed to keep Jackie Chan from getting a McChewie today; he was so distracted from snagging the New Bumblebee and a Bug-mouth McQueen, and further distracted by a blue Grievous blaster making a weird noise constantly, that he didn't check the SW pegs until I was there. I managed to lay hands on the Chewie just before he could, stashed it away later.

Got back from SD Sunday afternoon, and immediately a nasty cold hit me. I'd already scheduled yesterday off, but instead of a day of relaxation it was a day of feeling crappy. Managed to get one R2-KT, one Obi/Yoda, and Abe Sapien from Mezco. Also got the Shadow Scout for my g/f's son, she got him a LEGO Boba Fett keychain, too! Funds were limited, and I had books to get as well, so I ultimately passed on getting a 2nd R2-KT or anything from Mattel (Mattel seems to have done well this year! Every time I wandered by, there was hardly any line except on the north end which seemed more Naruto-centric than the south end where people were just walking up whenever to buy Man-Bats and JLU 3-packs).

Hasbro was annoying with the ticket thing, especially when later in the day when the line was shorter, anyone could jump in even without a ticket! Just not at 9:45am when only 20 people were in line, oh no, you gotta wait until 10:30 and go upstairs to get a ticket. Friggin Nazis. After I got mine, and my time arrived, the line was massive. A couple hours later it was a 10-minute wait so I hopped in. Sunday, however, it seemed full every time I passed. Last-minute shoppers, and no doubt several scalpers (I saw reports of one booth selling R2-KT for $35... real classy)

Glad to know the new Comic Packs are arriving... it may be awhile at Burbank Target since they're still full of Tarkin/Stormies and a few Han/Chewies.

Tycho
07-31-2007, 01:30 PM
I found the Comic 2-packs this morning at Target when I was getting back from taking JediTricks to the train station. They were ALL crappy paint jobs so I didn't buy any! I hope to find more at that store or another some time soon. I just don't know what's going on with Hasbro's quality control some times.

Jango Speck
07-31-2007, 04:19 PM
I hit the Hasbrotoyshop booth at 11:30 on Sunday and there were no tickets at all, just a 15 minute wait. Most of the non-SW stuff was sold out, but I got all of my exclusive SW goodies. GG was also a breeze at 1pm when I arrived to get my pre-orders.

BlueSnags
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
R2-KT up at SWS.com right now. Shadow Scout was available for 5 min before selling out...:whip:

-Snags

figrin bran
07-31-2007, 11:02 PM
I managed to keep Jackie Chan from getting a McChewie today; he was so distracted from snagging the New Bumblebee and a Bug-mouth McQueen, and further distracted by a blue Grievous blaster making a weird noise constantly, that he didn't check the SW pegs until I was there. I managed to lay hands on the Chewie just before he could, stashed it away later.

Got back from SD Sunday afternoon, and immediately a nasty cold hit me. I'd already scheduled yesterday off, but instead of a day of relaxation it was a day of feeling crappy. Managed to get one R2-KT, one Obi/Yoda, and Abe Sapien from Mezco. Also got the Shadow Scout for my g/f's son, she got him a LEGO Boba Fett keychain, too! Funds were limited, and I had books to get as well, so I ultimately passed on getting a 2nd R2-KT or anything from Mattel (Mattel seems to have done well this year! Every time I wandered by, there was hardly any line except on the north end which seemed more Naruto-centric than the south end where people were just walking up whenever to buy Man-Bats and JLU 3-packs).

Hasbro was annoying with the ticket thing, especially when later in the day when the line was shorter, anyone could jump in even without a ticket! Just not at 9:45am when only 20 people were in line, oh no, you gotta wait until 10:30 and go upstairs to get a ticket. Friggin Nazis.

Friggin Nazis is right!

Tycho, that's really disappointing to hear about poor paint apps on the new comic packs. I REALLY want A'Sharad and Anya Kuro though so i'll repaint them myself if i have to.

Tycho
08-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Friggin Nazis is right!

Tycho, that's really disappointing to hear about poor paint apps on the new comic packs. I REALLY want A'Sharad and Anya Kuro though so i'll repaint them myself if i have to.

I think you'll just have to shop selectively for better as-released products. I just wasn't jumping on these, but I've only seen 1 sample of each set. I still hope they are not all like that.

gambitguru
08-01-2007, 02:57 AM
walmart porter ranch/panorama city nothing on star wars, but there were at least 3 boxes at both walmarts on the new voyager wave from transformers, megatron, starscream, ironhide, rachett

darkagent
08-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Found and picked up some of the new Comic 2-packs and Star Wars Legends Wave 2 at Eagle Rock Target today.