PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Commtech
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Anyone out there can please stash me a 2008 Bumblebee please?:lipsrsealed:

Tycho
08-01-2007, 09:16 PM
The Transformers pegs at my stores are virtually empty of any and all products!

It's nuts. One of my housekeepers asked me to find Optimus Prime for her today (Leader Class) - she wants it for herself. OK. I'm sure she'd never heard of Transformers before she started working for me and then the movie comes out. But she couldn't stop raving about the film, half in English and half in Spanish. I don't know everything she was saying, but it was clear that she really liked it.

And another one of my Star Wars buddies who's never owned any Transformers before that I've known of wants the Leader Class Prime as well. He's seen the movie twice now, too.

It's really amazing.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 10:53 PM
The Transformers pegs at my stores are virtually empty of any and all products!

It's nuts. One of my housekeepers asked me to find Optimus Prime for her today (Leader Class) - she wants it for herself. OK. I'm sure she'd never heard of Transformers before she started working for me and then the movie comes out. But she couldn't stop raving about the film, half in English and half in Spanish. I don't know everything she was saying, but it was clear that she really liked it.

And another one of my Star Wars buddies who's never owned any Transformers before that I've known of wants the Leader Class Prime as well. He's seen the movie twice now, too.

It's really amazing.

maybe she wants one for her son or grandson?

but you're right, there are all sorts of people coming out of the woodwork who want to buy TF toys. I just hope i don't have too much competition for the animated toys.

toonimator
08-01-2007, 11:03 PM
You'll have competition from me ;) After seeing 'em in SD, I'm excited! Bumblebee, Prowl, and Starscream'll join my collection at the very least.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 11:10 PM
You'll have competition from me ;) After seeing 'em in SD, I'm excited! Bumblebee, Prowl, and Starscream'll join my collection at the very least.

Well i don't go to the Burbank stores that often so that's okay. I REALLY like Slag even though it's just an unpainted prototype. Starscream is lightyears better than the movie version...really like the reverse angled wings. The prototype of Blackarachnia is pretty awesome too, better than the BW and BM versions.

Tycho
08-02-2007, 12:32 AM
maybe she wants one for her son or grandson?

but you're right, there are all sorts of people coming out of the woodwork who want to buy TF toys.

She has a daughter. I've met her girl before. That's her only child. But she wants Prime for herself - she said so.

That's interesting in itself because every other girl I've known who got into Transformers because of the movie is totally into BumbleBee.

But darn are the TF pegs empty in my stores!

I've never seen the 2008 BumbleBee either - except at Comic Con. And YES it IS a great figure sculpt in both robot and alt modes. It was likely the same guy didn't work on Barricade! It might even be a different person than the one who did the 1976 Camaro version, too. The 2008 figure is REALLY good!

figrin bran
08-02-2007, 01:10 AM
That's interesting in itself because every other girl I've known who got into Transformers because of the movie is totally into BumbleBee.

But darn are the TF pegs empty in my stores!

I've never seen the 2008 BumbleBee either - except at Comic Con. And YES it IS a great figure sculpt in both robot and alt modes. It was likely the same guy didn't work on Barricade! It might even be a different person than the one who did the 1976 Camaro version, too. The 2008 figure is REALLY good!

Tycho's housekeeper: Senor Tycho, necisito un Optimus Prime!!! las tiendas no tiene! ayudame por favor! :p

you could tell her that the $20 voyager version is coming soon. i won't be surprised if Leader Prime becomes one of those must have Christmas toys.

You're right about Bumblebee as my sister has always liked him going back to G1.

08 Bee is great but like i've been warning you guys, the windows are rather fragile. also i'm worried about how the automorphing legs will hold up over time.

darkagent, did ya get a 501st trooper and if so, which mold was it?

Commtech
08-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Tycho's housekeeper: Senor Tycho, necisito un Optimus Prime!!! las tiendas no tiene! ayudame por favor! :p

LMFAO!!! That's too funny!

Your spanish is good too!:D

figrin bran
08-02-2007, 02:18 AM
LMFAO!!! That's too funny!

Your spanish is good too!:D

haha! is it really???? i try not to speak it in public though. i don't want Dirty Sanchez and El Puerco and Lamar Odom and the Los Feliz TRU stocking manager to know that i understand what they're talking about ;)

a few months back, i remember one of them asking DSanchez "tienes El Boba Fett?" and then right away, i knew they were talking about McQuarrie Fett.

gambitguru
08-02-2007, 02:21 AM
stashed two 70's bumblebee pm me for details

went to walmart fallbrook nothing

went to target fallbrook nothing new, stashed a regular boba and saese tin

went to walmart panorama still had the voyager wave nothing SW

burbank target nothing

burbank TRU had 41 mace windu's no joke

darkagent
08-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Did anyone else notice at Comic Con that Hasbro was selling the Voyager Class Prime and Megatron for $9.99 each? I thought it was a error and picked them up right away. Mattel also had the JLU 3 pack for $9.99, which was less then advertised.

toonimator
08-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I didn't notice! I might've grabbed Megatron if I had. Comic-Con's site had advertised the JLU 3-pack as $20, but I guess Mattel had put out the word awhile back that it'd only be $9.99.

Nothing today at Burbank, but I did pick up a blue Supergirl from Commtech! Thanks again! I swung by Eagle Rock in hopes of seeing the new Comic Packs, and while there was plenty of room (unlike at Burbank) they only had a pair of Quinlans, an Obi-Wan, a Luke, and a couple Wave 1s. TONS of Saga Legends though, also unlike Burbank. No Shockies, but nearly everything else from the first wave or so, all mixed together with TAC in true Target "who gives a crap?" fashion. They're still ringing up at $6.64; lots of reports have Legends jumping to $7.64 at many stores. Yeah, THAT will move those BD 3POs :rolleyes:

figrin bran
08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I didn't see any Voyager Primes and Megs at Comic Con.

Saga Legends are indeed 7.64 at the Glendale Target.

toonimator
08-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Another dry day at Burbank Target. Jackie Chan got in first and grabbed McChewie & a Jawa, probably scurried off to mark 'em up to $20 each along with that army of silver Wolverines he bought months ago from TRU. They haven't done any sorta reset yet, but must be close to doing so given all the clearanced items arranged haphazardly in other aisles. I'm tempted to buy up all those Han/Chewie comic packs and distrubute them to other Targets in the area. Both pegs are absolutely full, with the addition of a bit more Wave 2 this morning.

Eagle Rock was another bust. A few less clones than yesterday, that's all that changed.

Navtek
08-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I've noticed Target Mission Valley is clearancing a lot of merchandise as well. But in an interesting move, they have also expanded the TAC pegs from 6 to 12. Hmm... prep for wave 4?

Deluxe Transformers are still nowhere to be seen.

BTW, what's the deal with blue Supergirl? I saw a couple of posts about her and I saw one yesterday at Target and didn't pick it up. How bad of a move was it? ;)

darkagent
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Eagle Rock was another bust. A few less clones than yesterday, that's all that changed.

They had a couple SAGA Legends Boba Fetts, Sandtroopers and several 501st Clones this morning. all were picked up.

If anyone finds a Lego B-Wing on clearance at Target, can you please stash or pick up for me. Thanks.

Commtech
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Jackie Chan got in first and grabbed McChewie & a Jawa, probably scurried off to mark 'em up to $20 each along with that army of silver Wolverines he bought months ago from TRU.

What's funny is that Jackie Chan is feared by both plumber bob and Boxcar Willie. Every time they see him arrive to the Target parking lot, they get all nervous 'cause he also runs to "their" section. After Target, they drive to K-mart also looking for HWs and sometimes JCh races them to the store. Today, after they checked out their precious hot wheels section, I heard them say "let's hurry before Carlos (JCh's real name) beats us to the K-mart". I then told them not to worry 'cause he still had to pay at the register (for the Chewie and the Jawa). They ran like crazy to their cars. :D

figrin bran
08-03-2007, 10:20 PM
They had a couple SAGA Legends Boba Fetts, Sandtroopers and several 501st Clones this morning. all were picked up.

If anyone finds a Lego B-Wing on clearance at Target, can you please stash or pick up for me. Thanks.

a couple weeks late on the request for a B-Wing stash but i'll keep an eye out and stash for you if there are any left.

gambitguru
08-04-2007, 03:58 AM
walmart stevenson ranch off the 5

so i walked towards the toy aisle and see a pallet full of star wars boxes, 6 total, my were dilated and my heart was racing. as i approched the pallet all 6 cases(wave 2/3, revisions something) were already opened. and all the mcquarries were gone. maybe some1 got there before me or they are going out the back door. The boxes were but opened by a staright blade, i suspect a box cutter, clean/surgical cut alog the edges. oh well maybe next time.

well anybody got a extra mcfett for trade.sell. i got an extra mcchewie.

happy huting every1

gambitguru
08-04-2007, 11:49 AM
went to pacoima target nothing

went to walmart panorama nothing

went to target sepulveda nothing
this thread is going to be L.A. area just not found

tom brokaw
08-04-2007, 03:47 PM
hi guys.... went to a couple of targets and wal marts.... nothing really special for star wars except for the comic 2-packs wave 3. however i did find some TF toys, not deluxes or 08 BB, but i did get an extra leader prime and an extra robot replicas BB.... if anyone is interested to trade, pm me. peace.

figrin bran
08-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn't find anything as far as SW or even JLU is concerned but I did beat El Puerco to a Cars Yeti this morning. He saw me so i guess he decided to stop by the SW aisle first since he knows i won't touch hot wheels. The only thing i was really looking for were wave 3 comic packs...I only saw 1 comic pack on the pegs so i went into the Cars aisle, grabbed the Yeti, RPM, Tex and Bug mouth McQueen. I would've gotten Tongue McQueen as well had El Puerco not wised up and then come over to grab that one.

I also got the Lego JSF w. Hyperring at Target for only 44.99!

gambitguru
08-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Star Wars 3.75" Expanded Universe Action Figures

are on walmart.com,

figrin bran
08-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Star Wars 3.75" Expanded Universe Action Figures

are on walmart.com,

Thanks but that's only Wave 2 packs which most of us probably have already and aren't that hard to find.

BlueSnags
08-05-2007, 02:39 AM
One of my Wave 4 cases showed up today. UGHs, McQuarrie Vader and Holiday Boba are in hand!!!:laugh:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/Wave4012.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/Wave4008.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/Wave4003.jpg

-Snags

Tycho
08-05-2007, 05:42 AM
My Wal-Mart got in a ton of pallets of toys. I have a friend there who "feeds me" whatever I'm looking for when possible.

I got the rest of the Galactic Heroes tonight (AT-AT crew, Hoth doubles, Death Star Imperials - had the rest already but want a better paint ap on Han Endor - but the one they shipped was actually worse. :( )

They got new SW figures, but it was TAC Wave 2 "07" and Revision 2, which is not at all what I'm looking for.

They have a lot of Wave 1 & 2 figures now, and some Wave 3 even:

Galactic Marine
Airborne Clone
Mace
Obi-Wan
R2D2
Lava Miner
McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Super Battle Droid
Luke Yavin
Biggs X-wing
Rebel Honor Guard
McQuarrie Fett
Han Gunner
Death Star Trooper
Jawa LIN Droid
McQuarrie Chewie
Stormtrooper
Vader Cloak
Luke Farmer
Biggs Lost Scenes

They finally had fresh cases of Transformers.

I saw Arcee. Her Alt mode is pretty cool. It was sort of tempting.

They had one BumbleBee 2008 and I bought it. I'm comparing it (carded) to my Alt Sunstreaker and trying to convince myself to give him up. I don't need to collect that line.

Already tumbling down that slippery slope, I bought Barricade to go with my little Autobot buddy. :rolleyes: I'm leaving them carded in hopes I can find the resolve to return them before 30 days are up.

Sunstreaker Alternator IS in fact cooler, I can tell you that. But JediTricks has been working on me, helping me escape my denial that Alternators are over with forever. When and if I come to a conclusion to live in that reality, I may open BumbleBee. Who can say, though?

Tycho
08-05-2007, 05:45 AM
One of my Wave 4 cases showed up today. UGHs, McQuarrie Vader and Holiday Boba are in hand!!!:laugh:

-Snags

Where is The Givin (Elis Helrot)?

Commtech
08-05-2007, 11:51 AM
They had one BumbleBee 2008 and I bought it. I'm comparing it (carded) to my Alt Sunstreaker and trying to convince myself to give him up. I don't need to collect that line.

Already tumbling down that slippery slope, I bought Barricade to go with my little Autobot buddy. :rolleyes: I'm leaving them carded in hopes I can find the resolve to return them before 30 days are up.

Hey Tycho, if you don't want them, I'll buy them from you. Can't find that bumblebee here anywhere. LMK.:thumbsup:

Chaddymac
08-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Tycho, I don't understand how you aren't in love with CLASSICS, especially with the new ones coming out next year. But yeah, if you don't love 08 Bee, I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be willing to take him off your hands.

BlueSnags
08-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Where is The Givin (Elis Helrot)?

He wasn't in that case assortment. :cry:

-Snags

gambitguru
08-05-2007, 01:03 PM

-Snags

wow, those figures look really good, esp. the boba. did you order a case from EE. very impresive. how much did the case cost? it seems better to order than to hit the store almost everyday.

BlueSnags
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
wow, those figures look really good, esp. the boba. did you order a case from EE. very impresive. how much did the case cost? it seems better to order than to hit the store almost everyday.

Gambit,

The case cost $88 shipped from D&S Toys. I pre-ordered it a few months ago (pre-sold out now). It is definitely cheaper than hitting the stores - I'm pretty much done with that game except for the occasional stop when a Target/Walmart/TRU has an exclusive I'm looking for. I ordered the rest of the UGH cases from EE - hopefully they'll be in soon.

My favorite from this wave by far is the Holiday Boba. Great figure.

-Snags

figrin bran
08-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Sunstreaker Alternator IS in fact cooler, I can tell you that. But JediTricks has been working on me, helping me escape my denial that Alternators are over with forever. When and if I come to a conclusion to live in that reality, I may open BumbleBee. Who can say, though?

Who said you needed to collect the entire line? :p

Barricade gets a C from me

08 Bumblebee A-
Arcee B+

Tycho
08-05-2007, 02:26 PM

What I might do is buy:

Leader Optimus Prime
Voyager Ironhide
Voyager Ratchet

Leader Megatron
Leader Brawl x 2 (I was getting him to go with the line of TFs I do collect - Alts and MPs)

And wait for a Leader Starscream, Leader Blackout, Leader BoneCrusher

as those or even a larger size, could be the only way to approach the correct scale for these Decepticons.

darkagent
08-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really like the new "automorphing technology" on the new Transformers. I like Ironhide, but I can't get his chest/shoulders to sit right when he's in robot mode, because of the stupid springs.

Funny Money
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM

-Snags
Wow Snags, i know you are always on top of things,.. but that is amazing! Who did you order from? (If you don't mind me asking) Well done!:shocked::D

Tycho
08-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm miffed that he didn't get the Givin figure! What is it coming in only certain cases? That would suck if it were rare or if the cantina bar creatures are alternated and swapped out for each other in the various cases.

figrin bran
08-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really like the new "automorphing technology" on the new Transformers. I like Ironhide, but I can't get his chest/shoulders to sit right when he's in robot mode, because of the stupid springs.

you're not the only one. i don't like automorphing either, JT's said the same on the TF toy thread. It doesn't even work on Brawl sometimes and for 08 Bee, I'm really worried about the rear windows which aren't too durable to begin with and the automorph mechanisms turn them inward when you pull the legs out.

I was at La Brea Target picking up supplies this late afternoon and happened upon 2 of the Wave 3 comic packs. DarkWoman/A'Sharad and Mara/Luke. Someone must've bought Leia/Vader and had no interest in the other packs. I've only opened up the Dark Woman pack thus far - in spite of Tycho's warnings, the paint apps were pretty good on these. I'm kind of disappointed that A'Sharad's tusken helmet doesn't look that great on him but otherwise it's a nice figure as is An'ya Kuro(Dark Woman).

BlueSnags
08-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Wow Snags, i know you are always on top of things,.. but that is amazing! Who did you order from? (If you don't mind me asking) Well done!:shocked::D

I got them from D&S Toys. I pre-ordered them a few months ago (pre-sold out now). They have some of the upcoming waves up for pre-order now - I would recommend them if anyone is interested.

Hit a few Targets today looking for clearance items. Ended up with:

3x VTAC Stormtroopers ($2.98 each)
3X VTAC IG-88s ($2.98 each)
2x VTAC Bossks ($2.98 each)
5x Endor Leias ($2.98 each)
3x Bespin Lukes ($2.98 each)
4x Hoth Hans ($2.98 each)

I turned around and returned some of them to Target using my old receipts and got my money back from the 12 figures that I bought at $11.99 a few months ago. Kept the IGs, Bossks and Snowtroopers.:whip:

Also found:
3x LEGO V-Wings ($2.48 each)
1x LEGO B-Wing ($8.74)

-Snags

BlueSnags
08-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Have an extra Wave 4 Jedi Luke for sale - $7. 1st one to PM me gets it.

-Snags

gambitguru
08-06-2007, 02:10 AM
is there any difference between the new figures, that some come with a silver coin and others have a gold coin. for example the wave 2 mcfett has a silver coin and wave4 mcfett has a gold coin. or is it one of hasbros marketing schemes.

figrin bran
08-06-2007, 02:15 AM
is there any difference between the new figures, that some come with a silver coin and others have a gold coin. for example the wave 2 mcfett has a silver coin and wave4 mcfett has a gold coin. or is it one of hasbros marketing schemes.

Yes, the gold coins are part of Hasbro's Ultimate Galactic Hunt promotion.

gambitguru
08-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Yes, the gold coins are part of Hasbro's Ultimate Galactic Hunt promotion.

thanks, what does the hasbro ultimate galactic hunt promotion entail?

darkagent
08-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Also found:
3x LEGO V-Wings ($2.48 each)
1x LEGO B-Wing ($8.74)

That's pretty good. On Saturday, I went all over the San Gabriel Valley/Pomona looking for the B-Wing on clearance and couldn't find one. The closest I got was in Pasadena where I saw an older lady holding one in her hands.

plasticfetish
08-06-2007, 02:55 AM
is there any difference between the new figures, that some come with a silver coin and others have a gold coin. for example the wave 2 mcfett has a silver coin and wave4 mcfett has a gold coin. or is it one of hasbros marketing schemes.Remember how some of the holograms from the Saga Collection line were silver? Same idea with the gold coins... so grab 'em when you find them, 'cause old PF wants a gold coin McFett. ;)

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 03:31 AM
W.Ho Target was inundated with Saga Legends, they're putting pegs EVERYWHERE, even in the car aisles. Tons of SL and more of the same old TAC, it's horrible.

I want that SDCC Hasbro Indiana Jones coin, I hit their booth over 12 times without getting one. I have the CIV and SDCC Star Wars coins, but no SDCC Indy.

Yeah, we all met up at the Hasbro presentation. Pretty cool to finally meet some of the longtime SSGers like Tycho, JT, and Deoxy. It was great meeting you too, I wish I had been able to give you and Turbo more of my time, that panel was INSANE and I wasn't at my best. I also wasn't able to get you guys the word in time that we were doing lunch together and the Sansweet panel together (which was 90% lame anyway, but we had fun despite that).

Just got home from SDCC a few hours ago. What a madhouse it was this year. Even crazier than last year. Managed to score all the Hasbro and Gentle Giant stuff (including a GG Ray Harryhausen bust, which was limited to 50), but it was pretty tricky at times. The fact that I was drunk probably 50% of the time I was there didn't help matters either.:whip:I dunno, seemed like that might have helped immensely, being sober all 5 days didn't make that con go any faster for me. ;) I ended up staying an extra day and a half as a vacation from my vacation. :thumbsup:

Glad you got that Harryhausen bust, I was there when they brought him over to the GG booth, Steve and I were doing some reporting and all of a sudden there he was in his wheelchair, I didn't have a chance to praise him though.

The SDCC Hasbro Line Nazi is my new enemy. NO KIDDING! What kind of policy is that? They weren't letting people get in line before normal hours either, even though those press and folks would only work to slow their lines down later anyway. Bad bad bad planning with that line, worse than CIV even - my guess is the threat was fire marshall-related, but come ON! I got super lucky by getting in early and having the right colored badge as well, their line security was turning away all sorts of folks without explanation.

I took pics of the Sauron mini bust even though GG had "do not photograph. pending licensor approval". Yeah, everybody does, nobody was stopping them unless they had a press badge - same as CIV. So all one has to have is a non-pro-looking camera and they've got their snaps. Of course, any fan site that posts pics will hear from GG immediately though unless they have permission.

Damn, which one? I noticed three or four line Nazis walking around screaming at everyone. The Hasbro booth really sucked this year, with the whole ticket gimmick they had going on. They were doing ticket/raffle crap? That wasn't in place on Wednesday, I had no idea! SUPER lame!!!

I meant the really short female one. What an idiot...while we were lining up upstairs in that pavilion area, she was shouting out directions to us but no one could hear her because there's so much noise going on. They had you guys lining up in the Sails Pavilion?!? That's unbelievable! The one place inside the SDCC that's not air conditioned, but it's super busy for autographs and art. Man, what a total debacle!

Darkagent, Mattel was actually pretty mellow on Friday. I got my JLU packs without any problems.For some reason, they were mellow like 75% of the time after opening day. My guess is a lack of appeal in exclusives as opposed to last few years'.

Whew!

Just got back from my one-day trip to SDCC. I'm friggin tired. There's no way I would have had the energy to do more than one day, unless I had a hotel with a jacuzzi tub- which I didn't.

I got there at 10:45am and walked right up to the Hasbro booth. I got all the exclusives and only waited in line for about 15 minutes. I stopped by the GG booth at 1pm and there was no line, so they let me get my pre-orders even though it wasn't supposed to be until 2pm. So much to see, total sensory overload today. Saw a lot of non-SW stuff that I'd love to have, but there's no way I'd have any room/money to expand the collection. Gotta say that the Emp. Palpatine maquette proto kicks *****- can't wait to have it next year. The new ACME giclee of the X-wing pilots is really nice too. If they keep rolling out OT giclees, I'm in trouble. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Indy4 promo stuff, but I'm sure there will be a lot more next year. Gotta go to sleep now...I went all 5 days and it was exhausting EVERY DAY like that and I still missed stuff! Even a hotel next door might not be enough anymore. Sorry I didn't get to meet ya Speck!

This is the stuff I got at SDCC: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8452/img0003aek4.jpg

And the 3.5' duffel I had to buy to get it all home on the train:
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9201/img0004apl6.jpg
(the bag in the lower right is my 20" gym bag I took to the con with my clothes and stuff inside, for a sense of scale)

BTW, I talked to the guys at the EE booth. The warehouse is moving to Texas, but not their main office. So, one guy told me there won't be anymore will-call pickups, while the other guy said they'd so something "special" for their will-call customers.Wow, that makes so little sense it's eerie. How are they going to work that? They've always been good at what they do because they're CLOSE to the product, now what?

Further on the EE convo - spoke to Adam directly and he confirmed that the corporate offices would stay in LA. It didn't occur to me until after I got home, but that probably means Tax AND shipping will be added to our orders. boo on that. WEAK! You're absolutely right about that too. Now EE has to charge tax in 2 states, smoooooth.

Last night my Wal-Mart seemed to get in a case of the new Comic 2-packs but I had JediTricks and my friend Halley with me and we were tired and didn't want to stake out Wal-Mart until 4am when the might've stocked it. She opened regular TAC cases for me later (the first time she just wanted to work without distractions) but the cases contained the Biggs X-wing wave and nothing I wanted.See, the problem really was that you didn't want to risk making an enemy of her, I think you should have just nabbed one of the cases and strolled off. :p I'm glad she wasn't still honked at you though, she sure didn't want to hear any of our noise at first.

I found the Comic 2-packs this morning at Target when I was getting back from taking JediTricks to the train station. They were ALL crappy paint jobs so I didn't buy any! I hope to find more at that store or another some time soon. I just don't know what's going on with Hasbro's quality control some times.DUDE! You should have bought them and held onto them until you found better, then returned them. Hoard, hoard like the wind! :D

R2-KT up at SWS.com right now. Shadow Scout was available for 5 min before selling out...:whip:

-SnagsAt $25, those Shadow Scouts are going to be around for a while, they had a lot left by show-close, employees were lounging from boredom.

Did anyone else notice at Comic Con that Hasbro was selling the Voyager Class Prime and Megatron for $9.99 each? I thought it was a error and picked them up right away. Mattel also had the JLU 3 pack for $9.99, which was less then advertised.No, what day was this? They definitely had them at $20 on preview night, or at least that's what the tag said.

-SnagsNiiiice!

They finally had fresh cases of Transformers.

I saw Arcee. Her Alt mode is pretty cool. It was sort of tempting.

Sunstreaker Alternator IS in fact cooler, I can tell you that. But JediTricks has been working on me, helping me escape my denial that Alternators are over with forever. When and if I come to a conclusion to live in that reality, I may open BumbleBee. Who can say, though?Alternators are over except for convention repaints, that's Hasbro's official word on the matter, I can't change that. But you don't want that BB08, you want to send him to your ol' buddy JT. :D

He wasn't in that case assortment. :cry:

-SnagsAck! I see it, you've got a wave 4, revision 1 case! Nooooo! What are they thinking taking out new figs in the first revision??? This is getting way out of hand.

Barricade gets a C from me

08 Bumblebee A-
Arcee B+Tycho has Transformers OCD, it's pretty bad. ;) He's picky, but it's like "floodgate of being picky".

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really like the new "automorphing technology" on the new Transformers. I like Ironhide, but I can't get his chest/shoulders to sit right when he's in robot mode, because of the stupid springs.Don't blame the automorph on that one, the automorph is all that sweet movement on the legs with everything going at once. The shoulders are just goofy design meant to emulate the character's 45-degree bent-hood shoulders, but it's thoughtless. I can take or leave automorph, some is better than others. Starscream's looks cool, Bumblebee's secondary one is nifty. Ratchet's is horrid though, and Blackout's looks less cool than it really is. The worst is Dlx Brawl though because it's a nifty little automorph made with the absolutely WORST material for the gears, translucent plastic, so they self-destruct instantly.

figrin bran
08-06-2007, 12:22 PM
They had you guys lining up in the Sails Pavilion?!? That's unbelievable! The one place inside the SDCC that's not air conditioned, but it's super busy for autographs and art. Man, what a total debacle!

'Twas a debacle. and to make matters worse, there wasn't anyone up there from Hasbro to tell us exactly where to line up. The info booth was no help because they didn't know either so what you had were hundreds of people just milling about aimlessly. It gets even worse because once all that was straightened out, you still had to pull a white ticket out of the bag. If you got a red ticket, you were out of luck as only whites would allow you in the Hasbro line.

toonimator
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
That's weird. For me, it was a blue ticket. But there was no 'out of luck' when I did it either, as people who drew red tickets were told to put 'em back and get a blue one.

Why even bother having the red tickets in the bags?! Very weird. As for where to line up, I just went to where the most people were (given it was 10:25 or so) that DIDN'T have a sign about a specific signing or whatever. There was also a weird lineup in the pavilion by the south doors, across from Ballroom 20, that had no sign. Never asked what that one was.

Yesterday I hit TRU after avoiding it for weeks, and lo & behold they finally marked down Marvel Legends (the old Toy Biz ones). Finally picked up Beta Ray Bill for under $5, also got Magneto vs. Colossus from Superhero Showdown for $5, and today I got to Target after 9 and found a lone Shining Knight in the JLU basics, with no sign of the rest of his wave or any others, so there's another character crossed off my list. CARS must've had plenty new, as there were 2 Cruising Ramones and 3 Bug-teeth McQueens.

darkagent
08-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Went to Eagle Rock Target this morning and it looks like they've done the aisle "reset" thing. Nothing new in Star Wars or JLU and still no Transformers. However, they did put out the new 25th aniv. GI Joe figures. They had both the single carded figures and the box sets. I also noticed that Snake Eyes has a variant. I saw him packaged with either a gray wolf or a black wolf.

darkagent
08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
I want that SDCC Hasbro Indiana Jones coin, I hit their booth over 12 times without getting one. I have the CIV and SDCC Star Wars coins, but no SDCC Indy.

Man, that's a long read. I had the total opposite experience. I was able to get the Indy coin easily, but not the Star Wars coin. I can trade you one for a SDCC Star Wars coin, if you still need it.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Man, that's a long read. I had the total opposite experience. I was able to get the Indy coin easily, but not the Star Wars coin. I can trade you one for a SDCC Star Wars coin, if you still need it.Yeah, I basically took 12 days off, lots to catch up on. :p

Sure, thanks, sounds good! I've got an SDCC SW coin for ya then. :cool:

toonimator
08-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Went to Eagle Rock Target this morning and it looks like they've done the aisle "reset" thing. Nothing new in Star Wars or JLU and still no Transformers. However, they did put out the new 25th aniv. GI Joe figures. They had both the single carded figures and the box sets. I also noticed that Snake Eyes has a variant. I saw him packaged with either a gray wolf or a black wolf.
Yep, and naturally scalper-types are going for the black wolf (equally packed). I went by NoHo last week, around 8:30. Headphones was just about to check out, had a basket full of stuff. Couldn't tell what really, but it was probably JLU and GIJoe, maybe some Saga Legends or Comic Packs, if he took all the new/'hot' ones. Joes were left with 2 Storm Shadows and around 4 Snake Eyes, all with gray wolves. Comic Packs had just a few stragglers from older waves, not the 2 pegs full of 'warmers Burbank has.

gambitguru
08-07-2007, 04:13 PM
got my mcquarrie yoda/obi wan today from hasbro toy shop. those figures are totally slammmin'.

nothing at target vannuys this morning

stillakid
08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
got my mcquarrie yoda/obi wan today from hasbro toy shop. those figures are totally slammmin'.

Hmmm, mine don't slam. They just sit there in the box. :(

Jaff
08-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Hmmm, mine don't slam. They just sit there in the box. :(

If their opened, their happy figures. :bandit:

figrin bran
08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm actually disappointed in the McQ Yoda and Obi Wan. A figure of that blue gnome looking Yoda with the hat would've been better. The skirts just flare out too much on both figures and Obi Wan's skirt being white, it doesn't go with the beige-ish color of the rest of his outfit.

timmae
08-07-2007, 11:33 PM
If their opened, their happy figures. :bandit:
don't forget ya got a coin to spend too.

Jango Speck
08-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Guys,

I posted this on another site, but wanted to see if my local buddies might be able to help me out as well: I have to trade: GG's C4 Luna Lovegood Harry Potter bust, the SDCC Cody bust, and a Mace Windu animated maquette: I'm looking for all of the C4 medallions.

toonimator
08-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Burbank Target reset! ...and had nothing new for SW, besides restocking BPs for the first time in months. The TAC pegs are pretty full, and the reset turned up some more stashes I guess, since there was an R5-J2 and Power Droid accompanying Rieekan & Dofine on the Legends/TSC pegs. I moved that returned Legends 3PO over there, but some employee won't care and will put it back with the cards that 'match'.

In addition to the BPs (Tantive/Geo) there was another found stash from long ago: a Felucia BP. So I picked it up for $5; box was damaged from being under an aisle for months, and having the floor cleaning stuff seep under the aisles I'm guessing. Also got a 2nd VTAC Luke for $3.

Three pegs for comic packs, but no Wave 3 to fill it out... just another set of Wave 2 and the wave 1 pegwarmers that come with it. There's very little space now for JLU 3-packs, so we'll probably sit on the pegwarmers for awhile. Only 3 pegs for basics, too, so it'll be lots of Bats & Supes. GIJoe's got a nice big empty section now. Ridiculous. They've got a couple cases of the 5-packs out, no basics. Marvel Legends has a couple pegs... ALSO empty.

Still no new TF Deluxe, but the Robot Replicas action figures are out there finally.

Jango Speck
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Burbank Fry's has three cases of figures- found a Jawa, McChewie, and others. Some cases are stacked overhead- FYI.

Commtech
08-08-2007, 09:33 PM
hey guys: Anyone got a spare SDCC star wars coin and an Indiana Jones coin? I totally missed them at the Con and need them for my album. Would buy, trade or take free.:D

gambitguru
08-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Burbank Fry's has three cases of figures- found a Jawa, McChewie, and others. Some cases are stacked overhead- FYI.

how much are they charging per figure

BlueSnags
08-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Got a few good LEGO deals today. Picked up the Limited Edition LEGO Sith Infiltrator at Walmart for $30 (along with GI Joe 25th Anniversary Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander and Galactic Heroes Veers/AT-AT Driver).

At Target found a LEGO Slave 1 set on clearance for $12 and the HUGE LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer set for $24! Crazy.:laugh:

-Snags

figrin bran
08-09-2007, 02:51 AM
GH AT-AT Driver is out??? I've been waiting for that one!

$30 for the Lego Infiltrator is the same price that the Lego store charges so I'll just get it from there.

darkagent
08-09-2007, 10:30 AM
At Target found a LEGO Slave 1 set on clearance for $12 and the HUGE LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer set for $24! Crazy.:laugh:

Man, how do you keep finding these Lego sets on clearance. Each Target I've gone to this past week has had nothing left.

Commtech
08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Man, how do you keep finding these Lego sets on clearance. Each Target I've gone to this past week has had nothing left.

I think he's just making it up to brag about something! :D

BlueSnags
08-09-2007, 12:05 PM

DA,

This Target was in Valencia. I think they might've been returns - they weren't there last week.

-Snags

BlueSnags
08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I think he's just making it up to brag about something! :D

:ninja:

-Snags

Commtech
08-09-2007, 01:37 PM
:ninja:

-Snags

LOL! Kidding of course! lol

BlueSnags
08-09-2007, 01:59 PM
LOL! Kidding of course! lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

-Snags

Jango Speck
08-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Saw Plumber Bob cruising around Fry's today at lunch. Why is it that he never seems to be doing anything, just loitering around?

BlueSnags
08-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Saw Plumber Bob cruising around Fry's today at lunch. Why is it that he never seems to be doing anything, just loitering around?

Ah, but how do you KNOW he wasn't doing anything? Maybe Fry's had a backed-up toilet...:whip:

-Snags

MicroJow
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Picked up 4 "vintage style" figures (2 Hans and 2 Leias) the other day at $2.98 each. Returned them on my $11 each receipt, then re-bought them an hour later. Returned them again and finished off my $11 each receipt. Bought them AGAIN the next day and returned them on my $8 each receipt. An hour later I bought them yet again and used the UGH POPs inside to finish off a Redemption Certificate, all without a hookup from the employees who were steadfast in their "you can't rebuy them until we put them back on the shelf" policy. Target rules. :twisted:

Anyone need a couple Hoth Hans and Endor Leias for custom fodder?

- J!

Tycho
08-09-2007, 07:25 PM
MicroJow, since you can obviously get money back doing what you just did, I don't know if you are also aware that they should just give you a price-adjust refund at Customer Service.

But maybe I wasn't following your strategy that carefully. I did some of that kind of thing when I was in college and buying more heavily out of Star Wars, but as of lately, I don't purchase a lot so it's not too worth my effort.

Out of the VTAC, I bought 3 IG-88s (I hope - maybe I only got 2 - have to check that) and 1 Leia. That's all I went after though I had access to them all originally, including Snowtroopers.

darkagent
08-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I've always found it easier to do what MicroJow did, then to try to get a price adjustment. The only differnce, is that I usually don't buy them back again.

MicroJow
08-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I tried to get the price adjustment, but they told me that can only be done if a price changes, not if something goes on clearance. I really got lucky that I kept finding them back on the shelf again.

- J!

Tycho
08-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Target crappy "policies"......

"Overnight-Stocking vs. Replenishing" :rolleyes:

Down with the "Red Shirts!" - just like in Star Trek.

Kidhuman
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
MJ, that was awesome and a solid performance by you. Did they ever ask you about returning the same figs over and over?

MicroJow
08-09-2007, 10:37 PM
No, but it was interesting to note how more & more crushed the packages were becoming with each consecutive purchase... as if an employee were getting sick & tired of having to keep putting those little red stickers back on the package.

- J!

Kidhuman
08-09-2007, 10:41 PM
You should have taken pics of them and showed the progress of demise for toys in a local Target.

Tycho
08-10-2007, 05:43 AM
I found a Sandtrooper with a "Fans' Choice" packaging sticker on it and a silver "A New Hope" commemorative coin. I don't collect carded figures, so I don't know if that was anything special. I asked my friendly, neigborhood stock people if one of them wanted it and a girl working the isle said that her daughter did - she didn't have any stormtroopers. So I gave it up.

I'd rather not have gone to the trouble of purchasing it when I wasn't aware of it being on any of my buddies' want lists and then calling them all on it tomorrow. (It was easier when we could all be at our respective Wal-Marts at a garaunteed time so we wouldn't be disturbing each other with middle-of-the-night phone calls - though that time when I got all the E3 figures like 2 months before release date - I woke the whole gang up!)

Tycho
08-10-2007, 01:21 PM
New Post By Tycho: everyone rejoice!

I found more of the Comic 2-packs this morning. Nothing to replace my Luke / Mara set - all the new ones they had were clearly painted worse. I might have as good as I'm going to get.

I got 2 A'Sharad / Dark Womans (out of 5 that I want) and a Leia / Vader set.

Target also had the $80 Ultimate BumbleBee. It's cute. I like how he says, "You're my first human friend. :love: " Kind of gets ya...

Anyway, Wal-Mart got those in the other night as well. But there were no other new Transformers. People I've never seen before come up to the TF section and groan and complain out loud, and then leave. It leads me to believe that Hasbro seriously underestimated the demand and success of this movie! That's good news for all of us Autobots - at least we're popular!

toonimator
08-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Burbank Target stocked the Joes single-packs and Elite Forces. All the Joes had warped cards, a common occurrence by many accounts.

Thanks to JodyB who snagged the CARS Yeti for me before any of the Hot Wheelers could be tempted into it!

Eagle Rock also a bust for SW, but they STILL have room for more comic packs. Their Legends pegs are full and overflowing into the TACs. Lots of Vaders and BD 3POs, of course.

Jango Speck
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks to JodyB who snagged the CARS Yeti for me before any of the Hot Wheelers could be tempted into it!

I got there at 8:45 and found two Tex Dinocos- what a surprise. Was there only one Yeti out? Please stash/grab one for me next time if you can. I still haven't found Tongue McQueen either.

I can't wait for my NFC wave 4 case... if anyone has an extra McVader, I'm very interested...

toonimator
08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Pretty much everyone's been sitting, past opening at least, except for the Yeti. Maybe the Tongue McQueen, which I haven't seen. Tex and RPM can easily be found at that Target nearly every day. Cruisin' Ramone less frequently... and yeah, I think there was only one Yeti. Same as yesterday, when either Bob or Willy got it.

Pre-ordered the exclusive SSC Bespin Luke this morning :)

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Ah, but how do you KNOW he wasn't doing anything? Maybe Fry's had a backed-up toilet...:whip:

-SnagsThey have no toilets right now, remodeling the bathrooms and break rooms areas, so they have a bunch of Andy Gumps outside - so very charming. :rolleyes:

BlueSnags
08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Pretty much everyone's been sitting, past opening at least, except for the Yeti. Maybe the Tongue McQueen, which I haven't seen. Tex and RPM can easily be found at that Target nearly every day. Cruisin' Ramone less frequently... and yeah, I think there was only one Yeti. Same as yesterday, when either Bob or Willy got it.

Pre-ordered the exclusive SSC Bespin Luke this morning :)

I stopped by Burbank Target around noon and they still had 3 GI Joe 25th Anniversary packs (grabbed the Cobra one), the crushed 25th GI Joe single cards, 1 Tex Dinoco, 1 Cruisin Ramone and 1 Hydraulic Ramone hanging on the pegs.

-Snags

Tycho
08-10-2007, 07:12 PM
They have no toilets right now, remodeling the bathrooms and break rooms areas, so they have a bunch of Andy Gumps outside - so very charming. :rolleyes:

What are Andy Gumps? Are those collectible? :D

Jango Speck
08-10-2007, 08:06 PM
What are Andy Gumps? Are those collectible? :D

Yes: there's a brown variant and a yellow one. Trust me, these are best kept MOC, because they stink worse than Hasrbo's plastic figures. :D

darkagent
08-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Did anyone here fill out the Mattel survey at Comic Con? I just got an E-mail to continue the survey online and they showed me several concept action figure lines (all figures were of Flash, Batman and Green Lantern) ranging from super deformed to The Batman like.

figrin bran
08-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Did anyone here fill out the Mattel survey at Comic Con? I just got an E-mail to continue the survey online and they showed me several concept action figure lines (all figures were of Flash, Batman and Green Lantern) ranging from super deformed to The Batman like.

Yes I filled out the Mattel survey but can't remember if I checked that box that allows them to contact me.

Anyhow, there are pics up of new DCSH figures shown at Wizard World Chicago.

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Stashed at Los Feliz TRU - Voyager Megs (Megatron) and Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow. PM me if you need them.

Now that I think about it, I should've stashed some of the Joe singles at Smeagol Rock but I guess the heat was getting to me and didn't think to.

Looks like El Puerco took the morning off as I got to La Brea Target about 15 minutes after opening and was still able to get a Legends Fett. The 501st troopers were the Gunner mold so I passed on those.

Voyager Prime and Megs were at Los Feliz TRU. Unfortunately I got the last Prime - not even going to keep it either as it's for a friend's upcoming birthday.

I think I'm giving up on Glendale Target - their prices for the Joe singles being $7.99, $2 more than Smeagol Rock being the final nail in the coffin.

Commtech
08-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Bumblebee Target exclusive 2-pack at Target.com:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1186880095/ref=sr_1_2/602-6543965-2448640?ie=UTF8&asin=B000OQMBF2

use code TGTENTZY for 10% off. Get it!!!

toonimator
08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
I think I'm giving up on Glendale Target - their prices for the Joe singles being $7.99, $2 more than Smeagol Rock being the final nail in the coffin.
Man... that place is very close to work for me, yet I've never visited. Now I see there's no reason to! $7.99 Joe singles, $7.64 Saga Legends... blech.

I swung by Burbank Target at 9 today and they had nothing really. I found the Cobra Officer I stashed yesterday, and decided again to wait but put it back on the empty pegs... only, by the time I put it back, someone else had found a misplaced or stashed Flint and returned it first!! A lady WAS stocking toy aisles (new CARS case put out) so maybe it was her.

TRU didn't have anything either. Ran into a buddy there who said a TRU employee told him last night there'd be new TFs out today... only the TRU guy lied. Or just didn't know anything after all. Typical. TONS of Saga Legends and Maces & such there. Plenty of ROTS & AOTC clones still.

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Man... that place is very close to work for me, yet I've never visited. Now I see there's no reason to! $7.99 Joe singles, $7.64 Saga Legends... blech.

Not to mention SW titaniums at $6+ and JLU 3 packs for $10.89!

Jango Speck
08-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Guys,

I still have a Cody bust and a Mace animaquette (giving up on trying to acquire C4 medallions). I'm looking to trade one of them with someone who has a Kotobukiya Concept Luke/Vader duel statue.

By the way, when my NFC wave 4 and 5 boxes come in, I'll have some extra figs to return/trade/sell. I'm looking for an extra concept Vader when it shows up.

toonimator
08-12-2007, 01:52 AM
You mean a 3rd Vader? Since Wave 5 should have one in it, too :p

If I'm as lucky at finding Vaders as I was with Fetts and Chewies, I'll pick up or stash one for ya.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 05:48 AM
I finally hit Target Glendale yesterday, what a disappointment! It's 3 levels high, so it should be cool, and the toy section is way longer than any other store, but it's all the same problems and the prices are often higher! Most importantly, it's not like they had anything new.

Tycho
08-12-2007, 06:39 AM
My Wal-Mart got in a ton of Transformers this morning.

Guess what? They were Cybertron, old cases of Alternators with Sunstreaker and Riccochet, Rollbar, etc. and the 20th Anniversary Talking Optimus Prime (I forgot to pick one up for my housekeeping help who asked me for a Prime if I could get one - and is aware of the cost - and I think it's so much more worth it than that Leader Class movie figure).

But they got cases and cases of everything I just mentioned. I'm sure if I go back early tomorrow morning, I'll be able to get her one while I make my Target run.

My contact there speculates it was misplaced backstock that Wal-Mart had (or perhaps Hasbro had it?) and with the current Transformers craze, they'll be able to sell anything as long as it goes from robot to car and back. Well, if that's the case, we're really putting that theory to the test.

There are plenty of newbie fans (like my housekeeper) that didn't even know what a Transformer was before July 2nd. (Well, she basically knew not to knock over my very expensive stuff - but now she's going to have her own Optimus Prime - first "Prime-girl," too - all the other chicks I know that like TF now came out as BumbleBee fans.

Oh, I've twice had to explain that Alt Sunstreaker (mine's in car mode) is not BumbleBee though. With that back out there (Sunstreaker) one wonders how quickly those will sell to people asking "Why does BumbleBee say "Sunstreaker" on his license plate?" Sigh.

Anyway, we are talking two full pallets of old Transformers stuff. :rolleyes:

This is like one of those weight-lifting competitions: "Can Michael Bay move it?" I'm actually betting he can. I make my morning Target runs for SW and I see newbies run in there and go to Transformers even faster than the Hot Wheels guys get to their section and then groan out loud when they hit the empty TF pegs. Too funny.

Anyway, looking forward to ordering MP Skywarp from Japan next month. At least there's something for me (and ONE Leader-Class Brawl when that gets released). Those of you who said I shouldn't have traded my 2008 BumbleBee are probably right. I AM going to get me another one when that freight comes in - and probably Barricade, just so I'll have something for him to fight. But that's it. I can't justify collecting the movie line, I think.

I think I think so anyway.

Well, I think that I think that I think that.

OK, I'm not really sure. I might buy nearly all of it - but definitely not Leader Megatron who sucks, sucks, sucks. I don't think so. I know so!

figrin bran
08-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I finally hit Target Glendale yesterday, what a disappointment! It's 3 levels high, so it should be cool, and the toy section is way longer than any other store, but it's all the same problems and the prices are often higher! Most importantly, it's not like they had anything new.

I told you! :p

The Lego store was sold out of Sith Infiltrators yesterday so being in a lego building mode, I got one of the new Bionicle sets (blue toa, don't know the names) since they were a dollar off at the aforementioned Glendale Target (JSF is still 44.99 there btw.).

Tycho, Voyager Megs sucks just as much with the same stupid icicles. However, over at tformers.com, someone did a custom of the Leader Megs that looks awesome. I would buy one if it looked like that.

Cataclizm1
08-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Los Angeles Walmart Crenshaw: Not really any new SW, had Voyager Megatron x2, Ult Bumblebee x2.
Inglewood Target: Nothing new.
City of hawthorne TRU: Not really any new SW, but has a ton of TF voyagers by the entrance, including many Voyager Megatrons.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I told you! :pYeah, but you soft-sold it compared to how lame that store really is. All the gleaming chrome on the doors can't hide the fact that it sucks.

The Lego store was sold out of Sith Infiltrators yesterday so being in a lego building mode, I got one of the new Bionicle sets (blue toa, don't know the names) since they were a dollar off at the aforementioned Glendale Target (JSF is still 44.99 there btw.).My left monkey it is! I scanned it on Friday and it was $49.99.

figrin bran
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, but you soft-sold it compared to how lame that store really is. All the gleaming chrome on the doors can't hide the fact that it sucks.

My left monkey it is! I scanned it on Friday and it was $49.99.

Well maybe I wanted you to check it out for yourself! :p

I scanned the JSF's on Saturday and they were $44.99. I used the scanner closest to the SW aisle. Maybe they have the same sort of scanner glitches that WeHo Target has where if you punch in DPCI's for something, one scanner will say "not in stock" while another will say "in stock".

The first time I went to Glendale Target, I saw a HW guy try to buddy up to an employee. not a good sign at all.

gambitguru
08-13-2007, 01:38 AM
got the mcluke in the mail yesterday(sat.) from HTS. looks pretty good. saw the giant $80 bumble bee. im still debating wheter or not to get this. he is big but i do not know about the $80 price tag. any of you guys going to pick him up.

figrin bran
08-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Just say "no" to Ultimate Bumblebee. I wouldn't even get one if it were $40. I saw some yesterday and played around with the electronics. The plastic that they used feels kind of cheap, especially considering the hefty pricetag. So it turns its head, the eyes light up, it plays snippets of songs as well as lines from the movie. Obviously, I haven't transformed him into car mode but does all that sound like an $80 toy? I'd rather spend that money on the upcoming Walmart exclusive MPE Starscream (and even though, it depends on whether or not it's more durable than the Japanese MPE)

gambitguru
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
yea i cannot wait for the masterpiece star scream

nothing at target van nuys, man it has been 2 weeks and nothing new.

anybody seen wave 4 in stores?//?

Jango Speck
08-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Guys,

FYI: The Cars "Sarge" die-cast car has been recalled due to having lead based paint.

figrin bran
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I was just reading in the LA Times about Mattel recalling "one type of die cast car" and although I was wishing it could be HW's, I just knew it would be from the Cars line.

darkagent
08-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I guess that explains why there were no Cars on the pegs at Eagle Rock Target this morning.

Commtech
08-14-2007, 12:06 PM
A friend who goes to Target said that "cars" cars were being removed today at opening because of the recall. He wanted to get a Yeti, but they didn't let him buy it.

toonimator
08-14-2007, 12:55 PM
A coworker just mentioned that it's only Sarge that had the problem. At least now I know why the CARS diecast pegs were empty! I read a blip about it, just the header of a thread, last night, and heard a news story about Mattel this morning, but never heard mention of CARS. ah well.

Picked up the Cobra Officer finally. Still no sign of Wave 4 TAC or Wave 3 Comic Packs at Burbank Target.

figrin bran
08-14-2007, 10:32 PM
That Sarge Cars recall does not affect all Sarges - only those produced between May and August of this year. and then only those produced in China. Those from Thailand are okay.

I'm pretty sure most of us got our Sarges last year so it does not affect us at all.

Commtech
08-15-2007, 12:27 AM
That Sarge Cars recall does not affect all Sarges - only those produced between May and August of this year. and then only those produced in China. Those from Thailand are okay.

I'm pretty sure most of us got our Sarges last year so it does not affect us at all.

Plus, it's not like you were planning to eat them...uhm.. right?

Tycho
08-15-2007, 01:40 AM

You guys don't eat your toys? Uh-oh. I think I'll be in the bathroom.

Jango Speck
08-15-2007, 01:41 AM

I think you can absorb lead through the skin though...and there's nothing I love more than rolling hot wheels around in my hands all day. :lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
08-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Just imagine if lead paint was in all the clone trooper figures!

there's no way I'd return all of my clones.

CrunchyNug
08-15-2007, 01:56 AM
How can you tell when they were produced? I've got a Sarge/Fillmore 2-pack that I haven't opened yet. I guess I can call them and ask.

K M Toydarian
08-15-2007, 02:11 AM
I fear that this recall will affect being able to buy any Cars cars for a while. I went to 2 Targets in the South Bay today and not a single carded car. I imagine Target is recalling all varieties, not just Sarge, which is barley out there. Wonder when it will be safe to stock them again? At least maybe it will clear the pegs of Sally and Sheriff and make room for new waves. I've been getting these for my Nephew who loves them (and it satisfies my addictive personality to hunting for toys!)

On the Star Wars front. Last night I saw a lone ATAT Commander/Driver Galactic Heroes set at Wal Mart Porter Ranch. Didn't get it, figured I'd wait and get the whole wave at once some where. Gosh that store is a mess!
No new Star Wars at Target today.
No, actually they both had Legends wave 2.

figrin bran
08-15-2007, 02:20 AM
How can you tell when they were produced? I've got a Sarge/Fillmore 2-pack that I haven't opened yet. I guess I can call them and ask.

Crunchy, if you bought that pack between May and August of this year, it might be affected. Otherwise, it's okay.

CrunchyNug
08-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Crunchy, if you bought that pack between May and August of this year, it might be affected. Otherwise, it's okay.

I think I did, but I called Mattel anyway (800) 916-4997 and found my Sarge to indeed be defective...:cry:

You have to look on the bottom and see if it says China or Thailand.

Thailand :yes:
China :frus:

If it DOES say China, then you have to look at the white code also on the bottom...if that ends in "7 EA" you're in for a belly ache of lead if you happen to lick your Sarge!!! :dead:

As for Target wiping the shelves clean, I suspect that they just looked up the DPCI for the Sarge sinlges and for the Sarge/Fillmore 2-packs and pulled it all. There are so many recalls right now. Try looking at the little info board by customer service...it's crammed with recall flyers. They don't care enough to take the time to pick out the Sarge cars, they'd rather just pull them all. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 03:35 AM
Dirty Duarte WM had the latest wave of Titanium Series 3" on some cardboard sidekicks in the toy aisle, I picked up the AT-AP.

It seem to anybody else that Hasbro didn't consider that the influx of interest in Transformers was going to draw sales away from Star Wars? Seeing the pegs stuffed with wave 3 and Saga Legends the last few days has been so pathetic, then looking at the miles of empty pegspace for $10 Transformers is painful.

I scanned the JSF's on Saturday and they were $44.99. I used the scanner closest to the SW aisle. Maybe they have the same sort of scanner glitches that WeHo Target has where if you punch in DPCI's for something, one scanner will say "not in stock" while another will say "in stock". Hmm, dunno, I hit a couple scanners there that very day. Maybe it changed in the afternoon or something. I hit 4 Targets today, all $50 unfortunately.

The first time I went to Glendale Target, I saw a HW guy try to buddy up to an employee. not a good sign at all.Not a shock either though. I'm sure a lot of collectors of all things try to do that from time to time.

Guys,

FYI: The Cars "Sarge" die-cast car has been recalled due to having lead based paint.Actually, it's lead in "excessive of permissable levels", which is scary 'cause it means they all probably have some. But I believe the threat is only to small children who would put them in their mouths.

I think you can absorb lead through the skin though...and there's nothing I love more than rolling hot wheels around in my hands all day. :lipsrsealed:Good point, but I am pretty sure it's a lot of longterm contact.

Tycho
08-15-2007, 07:01 AM
It seem to anybody else that Hasbro didn't consider that the influx of interest in Transformers was going to draw sales away from Star Wars? Seeing the pegs stuffed with wave 3 and Saga Legends the last few days has been so pathetic, then looking at the miles of empty pegspace for $10 Transformers is painful.

This was my thought as well. Solution: repack BumbleBee as a Saga Legend - they've repacked everything else, so why not?

"An AllSpark ago, on Cybertron far, far away..."

Anyway, I can't remember, but are STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS selling even better now? That would really highlight this joke.

Either way, once Mattel was the No. 1 toy brand and Hasbro was trying to compete. Not any longer:

Marvel (Spider-Man, X-men, Hulk, Fantastic 4)
Star Wars
Transformers
GI Joe the return

I'm forgetting something, too (in boys' toys) but they own the isles.

As POTC fades, Zizzle is starting to fizzle. I think you might see those hit clearance like Battlefield Earth, ID4, Starship Troopers, Godzilla, and other similar-fated toylines.

figrin bran
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Here in LA, SW TF's have always been pretty good sellers.

The Clone Wars ARC Fighter TF is better than most of the movie deluxes!

timmae
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM

so only the supercharged versions? mine has radiator springs behind it so i am fine...don't want to dig it out. otherwise i'm keeping it in the package anyway.:cry:

Jango Speck
08-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I can't wait to sell my "Sarge" on ebay for major bucks, since it's the rare "poison lead" variant.:D

toonimator
08-15-2007, 12:39 PM
so only the supercharged versions? mine has radiator springs behind it so i am fine...don't want to dig it out. otherwise i'm keeping it in the package anyway.:cry:
Only the Supercharged versions produced/purchased between May and August of this year.

Burbank Target had something new! A few of the new wave of Galactic Heroes. The pegs were pretty full, yet the entire wave wasn't there: DS Trooper and Padme were missing. The paint on all but the AT-AT 2-pack was horrid, so I only grabbed the Imps. A lady was stocking toys, and I spotted two Hasbro boxes. One was for Spidey basics and still sealed, since that section's been full since the reset. The other was for GH! She got called away, so I started to pop it open (it wasn't sealed, meaning the new ones must've come from it), then looked around and there was another employee working on an endcap, giving me a dirty look. He got called away for a bit, so I opened it again and pulled out the DS Trooper set in there since I was only concerned with scoring the Imps for now, and closed the box back up. Same employee had returned from his errand and was standing opposite the aisle, glaring at me again. :rolleyes:

The Comic Packs have been nicely sorted by set, one set filling up each peg (all Marvel Stormie varieties). Still room for a few more, but no sign of W3. Legends pegs still empty but for Dofine & BD 3PO, with the gray stickers on the pegs. TF still empty but for some Robot Replicas -- not empty because they're selling so well, JediTricks, just because Target hasn't got any in for weeks!

More GIJoe BPs, but no more singles.

My SSC Exclusive Asajj Ventress arrived yesterday. She's awesome :) Her skirt takes a bit of messing around with, and the sleeves are gonna be a pain to adjust, but she looks great, poses great, and those sabers are fantastic (unfortunately, the blade of one was glued in at an angle, but it's only noticeable if you've got both blades parallel to each other)

Jango Speck
08-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Received my VTAC coin set in the mail today. NFC says they are getting 40% of their wave 4 order in next week. I'll probably find them at retail before they land on my doorstep. :rolleyes:

figrin bran
08-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I can't wait to sell my "Sarge" on ebay for major bucks, since it's the rare "poison lead" variant.:D

I have one of those as well. Let's say we trade them to Plumber Bob, Headphones or Dirty Sanchez!

Commtech
08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I have one of those as well. Let's say we trade them to Plumber Bob, Headphones or Dirty Sanchez!

Or your good ol' friend "El Puerco"!

figrin bran
08-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Or your good ol' friend "El Puerco"!

:mad: NOT my friend!

El Puerco no es mi amigo!!!!!

darkagent
08-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Just received an E-mail from Gentle Giant informing me that yet again I've struck out on one of their raffles. This time it was for the UK exclusive Bly. :(

BlueSnags
08-15-2007, 11:44 PM
El Puerco rules.:laugh:

-Snags

JediTricks
08-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Either way, once Mattel was the No. 1 toy brand and Hasbro was trying to compete. Not any longer:

Marvel (Spider-Man, X-men, Hulk, Fantastic 4)
Star Wars
Transformers
GI Joe the return

I'm forgetting something, too (in boys' toys) but they own the isles.Yeah, you're forgetting Mattel's still the #1 toy manufacturer with Hot Wheels, Batman, and Barbie.

Hasbro's Marvel line is hurting, Star Wars has begun to stagnate, and GI Joe has been sagging for some time now with the new 25th anniversary line too soon to tell. Hasbro remains the #2 manufacturer.

TF still empty but for some Robot Replicas -- not empty because they're selling so well, JediTricks, just because Target hasn't got any in for weeks!That's not accurate from what I've heard, Targets have been getting a fairly regular stream (2 or 3 a week, I believe) of TF deluxes and TF Fast Action Battlers ($10 figures that fully transform but are a little simpler for slightly younger kids) and they just sell out super fast.

Navtek
08-16-2007, 02:55 AM
That's not accurate from what I've heard, Targets have been getting a fairly regular stream (2 or 3 a week, I believe) of TF deluxes and TF Fast Action Battlers ($10 figures that fully transform but are a little simpler for slightly younger kids) and they just sell out super fast.

All three Targets in SD have been showing gray back order stickers for weeks now on deluxe TFs, Leaders, FABs etc. However, I did see a few ultimate BB's along with some assorted voyagers during that time.
Anyone else?

JediTricks
08-16-2007, 03:07 AM
All three Targets in SD have been showing gray back order stickers for weeks now on deluxe TFs, Leaders, FABs etc. However, I did see a few ultimate BB's along with some assorted voyagers during that time.
Anyone else?
I've been seeing the same, but they're still getting 2 or 3 cases of $10 figs per week, and that's not including the repaint Jazz they're starting to see. It's trickling through supposedly.

Jango Speck
08-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I had it... I had Yeti in my hand, at the register of Burbank Target at 9am. The register said "recall", then a redshirt grabbed it and took it away. I explained that after two days of empty shelves, they had restocked and that only "Sarge" the jeep was under recall. He didn't care- what a bastard. So guys, if you find any "Cars" that you want, stash them good and wait out the storm.

toonimator
08-16-2007, 01:11 PM
That's not accurate from what I've heard, Targets have been getting a fairly regular stream (2 or 3 a week, I believe) of TF deluxes and TF Fast Action Battlers ($10 figures that fully transform but are a little simpler for slightly younger kids) and they just sell out super fast.
It's entirely accurate so far as Burbank Target goes. They haven't had any Deluxe since... well, sometime in July! I'm not sure if they had any Fast Action Battlers either, I only noticed the slam-n-go ones, pegwarming handheld-game Real Gear guys, a bunch of Scouts which rapidly dwindled in the last week, and those new "Cell phone turns into a knife!" toys.

Speck, that sucks! I was there around 8:30, and overheard someone complaining to a Target employee about the recall thing and how yesterday they were all still banned from sale because of the same DCPI. It was Headphones! So if we see an influx of pegwarmers in Burbank, we know where it came from :rolleyes: I noticed there were two Legends Vaders on the pegs today, joining the returned BD 3PO (naturally, all on the TAC pegs while Lushros has finally left the building, leaving a completely bare TSC/SL section)

Luuuuuuke
08-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I had it... I had Yeti in my hand, at the register of Burbank Target at 9am. The register said "recall", then a redshirt grabbed it and took it away. I explained that after two days of empty shelves, they had restocked and that only "Sarge" the jeep was under recall. He didn't care- what a bastard. So guys, if you find any "Cars" that you want, stash them good and wait out the storm.

Same thing happened to me this morning, with Yeti and Cruisin Ramone, except the Target employees were pretty nice about it.

I was already at the register and the items came up as "Do Not Sell" or something like that. The cashier called a supervisor who explained that it seemed it wasn't just the Sarge that was being recalled.

The only thing that kind of bugged me more was that they purposefully left all the Cars on the pegs and were counting on the registers to tell them which they could not sell upon being scanned. I said maybe they should scan all of them and see which were good and which were not. Whatever.

I hope they produce some good Yetis. I'll kind of lose my enthusiasm for this line if t here's a sizeable hole in it. I'm not a completist, but theres some Cars I definitely want, and Yeti is one of them.

darkagent
08-16-2007, 03:14 PM
That's why most stores took all the Cars off the pegs, because they all have the same DCPI. There's no way to tell the computer that just one Car (Sarge) is the only one that has been recalled. Since they all have the same DCPI, in affect this makes all the Cars recalled.

toonimator
08-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I was already at the register and the items came up as "Do Not Sell" or something like that. The cashier called a supervisor who explained that it seemed it wasn't just the Sarge that was being recalled.
Except, it IS just Sarge that's being recalled. So that supervisor either was lying or plain didn't know what they were talking about.

Tomorrow, if anyone finds a Yeti or whatever they wanna buy and Target gives you grief, fight them with the facts! ONLY Sarge is being recalled, ONLY those sold between May & August 2007, ONLY those manufactured in China rather than Thailand, and with the characters "7 E A" on the bottom at the end of a product code (eg "1027 E A"; "1025 EA" and "1026 E A" are fine, as are any numbers followed by "A Z")

Granted, you've gotta OPEN those Sarges to find the numbers, I think, but at least you'll have the facts of what Sarges are affected and that absolutely no other Cars are recalled, no matter what Target employees or supervisors say. If you've got the time and really want that Yeti, have 'em call their superiors. Get them to get their facts straight!

...and while you're at it, let 'em know that Saga Legends have a different DCPI and price and belong on different pegs than TAC ;) "If the card's orange in the bottom right-hand corner, it goes over there!"

Jango Speck
08-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I think if they try to shut me down again over the "Cars", I'll rip it out of the package and hold it up to the cashier's neck, threatening to rub the lead paint against their carotid artery, and dragging them out of the store with me. Then I'll let them go and jump in the car for a quick getaway. Or I'll just through a five dollar bill at the supervisor, grab Yet and run like hell.

Luuuuuuke
08-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Except, it IS just Sarge that's being recalled. So that supervisor either was lying or plain didn't know what they were talking about.

I doubt he was lying. He was just misinformed. I saw the cash register pop out with the "Do Not Sell" message. Obviously some Targets don't have their facts right as you said. Like I said, what really annoyed me was that they openly admitted they were leaving them on the pegs on purpose and that customers had to bring them to the register to find out if they could buy them. That was really lame.

The paint job on the Yeti I got was pretty terrible, so as long as they don't have their heads stuck up their arses too much longer about Sarge being the only one recalled, maybe I'll find another one in the not too distant future.

K M Toydarian
08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Here's a good page to print out. It's direct from the Mattel website about the Sarge recal, with specs and pictures. Click the " Review the recall announcement." to open a PDF that has an official statment with pictures. There is really nothing more that can be done, that's the official word.
With all the amazing new cars shown at Comic Con, let's hope this doesn't hinder the line, or cause ridiculous fake scalper hype because of it.
As I've said before, I love this line, but am only getting them for my nephew to play with, and I don't want to fight the scalpers for a 3 year old's toy!

Yesterday I saw that Hot Topic in Glendale had all 6 Chubby series 1 sets for 12.99. I cancelled my ShopStarWars preorder after seeing how small they were at C4, but it is good to see them in a retail store.
My guess is Hot Topic will probably carry the Mighty Muggs next year too.

figrin bran
08-16-2007, 10:46 PM
My theory on Target and other retailers not selling other Cars diecasts besides Sarge is that they're just trying to play the role of the "good guy". If it turns out that other cars are being recalled, they've already washed their hands of the lead paint and they can point out that they took extra precautions and that consumer/customer safety is their number one priority, blah blah blah. ;)

Jango Speck
08-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Wave 8/9 are up for pre-order at NFC. Looks like I'm all set for the rest of the year. (If only I could pre-order "Cars" die-cast)

JediTricks
08-17-2007, 01:54 AM
It's entirely accurate so far as Burbank Target goes. They haven't had any Deluxe since... well, sometime in July! I'm not sure if they had any Fast Action Battlers either, I only noticed the slam-n-go ones, pegwarming handheld-game Real Gear guys, a bunch of Scouts which rapidly dwindled in the last week, and those new "Cell phone turns into a knife!" toys.It's not a question of what we notice, it's a question of what they get. If they get product but it sells before we see it, the tree still made a noise as it fell in the woods.

Tomorrow, if anyone finds a Yeti or whatever they wanna buy and Target gives you grief, fight them with the facts! ONLY Sarge is being recalled, ONLY those sold between May & August 2007, ONLY those manufactured in China rather than Thailand, and with the characters "7 E A" on the bottom at the end of a product code (eg "1027 E A"; "1025 EA" and "1026 E A" are fine, as are any numbers followed by "A Z")

Granted, you've gotta OPEN those Sarges to find the numbers, I think, but at least you'll have the facts of what Sarges are affected and that absolutely no other Cars are recalled, no matter what Target employees or supervisors say. If you've got the time and really want that Yeti, have 'em call their superiors. Get them to get their facts straight!The problem with big corporate stores like WM and Target is that the managers are run by the computers basically, so no matter what judgment they want to make, they're still not allowed to. It's a horrible fight, I've had it so many times with Target and WM the last 12 months on various Star Wars and Transformers items. You just can't use logic on someone who isn't allowed to think and act for themselves.

Here's a good page to print out. It's direct from the Mattel website about the Sarge recal, with specs and pictures. Click the " Review the recall announcement." to open a PDF that has an official statment with pictures. There is really nothing more that can be done, that's the official word.It doesn't matter, I tried that with Transformers, showed them the actual web page instead of a printout, they looked at it, looked at it again, said "oh, I see..." *buttons buttons* "sorry, the computer won't let me" and that was a friggin' MANAGER!

figrin bran
08-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Wave 8/9 are up for pre-order at NFC. Looks like I'm all set for the rest of the year. (If only I could pre-order "Cars" die-cast)

Speck, you CAN preorder cases of Cars diecasts. PM me if you want to know where. I've never done it but I know people who have. The case assortments generally aren't that great though, certainly nothing as good as SW cases.

darkagent
08-17-2007, 11:40 AM
For some stupid reason, ER Target decided to restock Cars today after taking them all off the pegs earlier this week. It was the new wave with Yeti. One of the guys picked up the Yeti. I tried to buy the Sarge :p. The register rang up for both:

DO NOT SELL

toonimator
08-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I just really don't think Burbank Target's getting ANY TFs though... surely some would occasionally be left over for the morning, or some would be stocked in the morning, at some point in the last few weeks! It's not like the usual morning crowd are TF fiends, that they'd need to keep the stock in the back until after the morning migration passes.

Speaking of that Target... nothing new again today, anywhere. And they pulled all the Cars... AGAIN. They'll probably be back tomorrow, then gone again on Sunday:laugh:

Luuuuuuke
08-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Went to Baldwin Park Target this morning. A nice employee in electronics agreed that it was common knowledge that only the Sarge vehicle of the Cars line had a problem, but that the "Do Not Sell" thing was done at the corporate level, so the individual stores didn't have control over it. Apparently all the vehicles have the same number so corporate's computers don't make a distinction. I'm sure eventually they'll put them all out again.

Found a lot of Saga Legends 2 at this Target. I just bought a Red Battle Droids back(the only one) and two of the three Sandtroopers they had. I left the 501st clones, about 3 of them.

JediTricks
08-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I just really don't think Burbank Target's getting ANY TFs though... surely some would occasionally be left over for the morning, or some would be stocked in the morning, at some point in the last few weeks! It's not like the usual morning crowd are TF fiends, that they'd need to keep the stock in the back until after the morning migration passes.I thought they had been stocking in the afternoon when they get them because the demand is ultra high right now. Normally, I'd say you're probably right since you're not seeing leftover Swindle or Bonecrusher (the only old figures in this current wave), but the buying of $10 TFs right now is insane so even less popular figures are getting bought immediately - if they even make it out of employee hands. Even the Fast Action Battlers aren't staying on pegs anywhere, and those wave 2 FABs are pretty mediocre. Low supply + incredible high demand means we're not going to be seeing next-day remnants till probably September.

CrunchyNug
08-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Lots of finds for me today, none of which were SW though.

This morning I found some cars stocked at Target, to my surprise, and I was able to grab a Yeti...but on my way to the register I remembered the "Do not sell" thingy, so I decided to stash him until the storm blows over. I hope he stays hidden for that long.

...And for you JLU fans, I got me a Blue Devil too - same Target. WOW, he's in SoCal...very excited about him. His paint app is quite acceptable too. I can see why so many people are complaining.

...and with the 20% off coupon over at TRU, I've been checking the local stores on my lunch breaks. Today I found Transformers Classic Voyager Jetfire and Cybertron - Downshift & Skywarp. I was able to use the coupon for all 3. Then at another TRU I found the Cars (now repackaged TRU Exclusive) Flo's V8 Cafe and an older Ramone's House of Body Art - also using the coupon.

Watch, SW w4 will hit next week and my bank will be officially broken.:lipsrsealed:

Jango Speck
08-18-2007, 08:10 PM
NoHo Target had lots of Legends wave 2 this afternoon, but no sandtroopers. Glendale Galleria Target is very nice and sparkly, but their figure prices are too high. Saw Figrin wandering the aisles.

figrin bran
08-18-2007, 08:29 PM
NoHo Target had lots of Legends wave 2 this afternoon, but no sandtroopers. Glendale Galleria Target is very nice and sparkly, but their figure prices are too high. Saw Figrin wandering the aisles.

haha, well I didn't see you Speck! i sure as heck didn't have any SW stuff in my hands! ;)

I picked up the Joe 5 pack from that store as it wasn't priced higher than at other Targets. Got the lone Cobra pack from TRU with 20% off.

I got a JLU Blue Devil from La Brea Target earlier in the morning.

CrunchyNug
08-18-2007, 09:16 PM
I got a JLU Blue Devil from La Brea Target earlier in the morning.

Nice score. Zatana doesn't ship in that assortment does she? I saw her pictured on the back with her glued-on cane along with Mirror Master. I never got her in 3-pack form, so I definitely want her on the single card.

figrin bran
08-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Nice score. Zatana doesn't ship in that assortment does she? I saw her pictured on the back with her glued-on cane along with Mirror Master. I never got her in 3-pack form, so I definitely want her on the single card.

I don't think so Crunchy. The other singles I found were mostly Supes and Bats, 1 Flash, 1 Wonder Woman. The paint on my Blue Devil, especially the belt was horrible though.

I'm laughing that you never got her in 3 pack form because there's certainly more than enough of them out there! :p

I hope the Barda wave of the 3 packs shows up again soon.

darkagent
08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah, so far Blue Devil is shipping with either (Flash, Wonder Woman, Lex, Batman, Superman or Vixen. Sinestro, Shining Knight, Lex). Zatana and Mirror Master have not shipped on single cards yet.

aeneas89
08-19-2007, 04:01 PM
stashed 2 mc chewies, a new saga legends boba fett and new 501st trooper at TRU la cienega.

(sandtroopers were gone by the time i got there)

pm for location

Tycho
08-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I got into fresh cases of WAVE 4 at Wal-Mart this morning - got everything except CZ-4 was not packed in these cases. Neither was McVader.

Gold coin figures were there: McChewie, Cartoon Fett (he ships reg and gold coin), and Airborne gold coin.

Anyway, they must have gotten like 8 or more cases. I left a lot even though I bought for 2 friends as well.

Someone beat me there, so SOME cases might have had CZ-4 and McVaders, but from what info I gathered from others there, they did not. McChewie with a gold coin was the "Quarrie figure of choice."

aeneas89
08-20-2007, 12:40 PM
stashed 2 mc chewies, a new saga legends boba fett and new 501st trooper at TRU la cienega.

(sandtroopers were gone by the time i got there)

pm for location

One McChewie has been claimed, one mcchewie, a boba fett and a 501st are still available.

pm for location.

toonimator
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Sounds like Wave 4 Rev 4, according to EE. UGH Holiday Fett, UGH McChewie, no McVader or CZ.

Burbank Target dead again. A few more Saga Legends but it's still just returns, not actual stock, and they were AGAIN mixed on the TAC pegs.

Jango Speck
08-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Check out this security footage of a UPS delivery.

http://break.com/index/ups-tosses-glass-package.html

BlueSnags
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
One of my Wave 4 cases showed up at EE today. The one with UGH Holiday Boba, UGH Airborne and UGH Concept Chewie.:whip:

-Snags

toonimator
08-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I think Burbank Target may have had a case of Legends this morning, got there a couple minutes after opening and they had an ROTS & AOTC clone, Yoda, and grunt/commander BDs... again, plopped carelessly on the TAC pegs, leaving their rightful place barren. Someone must've cleaned out the rest quickly, or they're all returns again. There's space now in the Comic Pack pegs but nothing new again. No Joes, no JLU, and only Robot Replicas from TF.

Tycho
08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I got Leader Class Brawl (movie Transformer) at Target this morning. He is awesome! I just opened him and have not even transformed him into a tank yet. The action figure is great as he is. He holds his own with my MP-03 Starscream and MP-05 Megatron and he's actually bigger than MP Starscream (only slightly).

What a great figure!

They had more Comic 2-packs from SW and I'm cherry-picking my paint jobs.
BTW - the Mara's they got in had the purple lightsaber. Previously I have the green.

In actuality, Luke, post-ROTJ had his GREEN lightsaber, and Mara's was probably her purple one. But there is no green+purple set that we've heard of. The blue blade is always in Luke's hand and Mara is holding the green or purple one. I'll have to re-read the book, but I think there should be NO blue saber at that point period.

In The Last Command, when Luke and Mara team up against Joruus C'Boath and a Clone of Luuuke, I think Luke captures the E3-4-5 Anakin lightsaber he lost in ESB and eventually gives that to Mara (not sure if it was this early, or when they were getting married, years later). In any case, the GREEN saber should be his ROTJ hilt, too.:rolleyes:

toonimator
08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Here's the deal: in the Comic Pack, Hasbro gave Luke a blue saber (pretty much turning the sculpt they've been using for the last several years back into the POTJ-era Obi-Wan saber) because on the cover of the comic and--so I hear, been too long since I've read it--IN the comic itself, they colored Luke's saber BLUE for some inane reason.

Mara's correct saber should be the purple blade, since they gave her the old Emperor's Hand hilt that Master Replicas made and the model posed with for the Decipher cards & such... however, Mara had lost that saber by the time of HTTE so really she shouldn't have ANY saber! She only uses Luke's green saber in that book, and in The Last Command she uses Leia's saber in the final battle with C'baoth & Zahn's-biggest-blunder-in-naming, Luuke. Later on Coruscant, Luke gives her his old blue, and she uses that blade up until NJO-time at least. I THINK she'd built her own finally by the time of NJO, when she'd become a Jedi Master, but even after becoming a Knight up through Survivor's Quest she was using the old trusty III-IV-V blade.

MicroJow
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Found the remains of Wave 4 at a WalMart this morning. A friend found all of Wave 4 (minus the McVader and CZ droid) at a different WalMart at opening. All I got were the 2 Cantina aliens and Umpass-Stay. No UGHs in sight.

- J

Tycho
08-21-2007, 03:37 PM
MicroJow: you DID NOT miss the CZ-4 or McVader. They weren't in the case most likely. I got into a brand new case and in Wave 4 Rev. 4 those 2 are not included. Instead, Gold Coin Chewie is the McQuarrie figure, and Gold Coin Airborne and Cartoon Fett are the other two figures holding CZ-4's place.

When your store gets in a different case asst. of Wave 4, you will find the other 2. I don't have them either and I was there while W4R4 was being stocked.

Jango Speck
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Burbank TRU is loaded with Legends clone trooper pegwarmers. I hope that my wave 4 NFC cases comes soon- and maybe wave 5 will be just around the corner?

So, are there really no more GG maquettes until January? I need a rest, but find it hard to believe.

BlueSnags
08-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Finally got caught up on Saga Legends at Walmart today - picked up a Boba Fett, 2 Sandtroopers and a 501st Trooper. Also grabbed an Elis Helrot, a M'llooym and an Umpass Stay from Wave 4.

-Snags

figrin bran
08-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Here's my animated Saesee Tinn custom. Maybe I can get a job at GG? lol

of course, I'd only apply just to be able to turn them down! :p

btw, the top part is indeed the Saesee bust up. I didn't have extra animated clones to donate towards the cause so the legs were casts that another customizer made for me. The skirt came from Dark Woman. I trimmed the back then reattached it to the front and painted it to match.

Jango Speck
08-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Forgot to mention yesterday that Burbank TRU has done a reset, and the crooked aisles are now straightened out- man that always confuses me.

toonimator
08-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Burbank Target -- dead again! Maybe the 'afternoon stocking' isn't that far off though, since there were a couple Legends there that weren't there yesterday and it's hard to see them ALL being returns (R2 and Grievous today).

I think somoene got a GREAT deal on the repaint Justice Lords Doomsday set, as there was an OLD 'regular' Doomsday set on the shelf, and when scanned it was $19.99 like the new set. Someone bought the new one & returned an old one they had from clearance-time, I suppose. :)

Tycho
08-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Wal-Mart got in more Deluxes and Leader Class Brawl for Transformers.

Now I think I need 2 (in total) of 2008 BumbleBees. I also bought Deluxe LongArm to just remain as Mikaela's tow truck to tow him into battle against my 2nd Leader Class Brawl.

I figured if I owned 2 Brawls, I'd never have to transform him! But really he is a superior product and I like being able to display him in both modes.

I re-evaluated the movie toys once again, today. I went to another Wal-Mart and I sat on the floor in front of the shelf with their Voyager-Class. A woman working there thought I was praying and said "God bless you." I indicated Optimus Prime and suggested, "My God." Several other shoppers (elderly lady and a elderly man not with the previous customer) came by and stared at me, but didn't dare enter the isle.

Maybe I should say: "USA JUST FOUND: California: LA area - spiritual experience in Wal-Mart?" Well I guess that should be posted in the R&P forum.

Anyway, my exciting analysis will be revealed in the Transformers thread!

darkagent
08-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I think somoene got a GREAT deal on the repaint Justice Lords Doomsday set, as there was an OLD 'regular' Doomsday set on the shelf, and when scanned it was $19.99 like the new set. Someone bought the new one & returned an old one they had from clearance-time, I suppose. :)

Nope, surprisingly enough, the old Doomsday set has been making a come back. I've seen new shipments at multiple Targets (all at full price). It's funny that they would bring back something that had already gone on clearance.

toonimator
08-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, weird! Strange there was only one, while the red Doomsdays were the same as yesterday. Well, some SW BPs are supposed to be coming back, a lot of people have been saying Felucia will show up again (part of why the clones were ineligible for the vote). Glad I got my two already, one cheap!

BlueSnags
08-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Ran into Commtech and Plumber Bob over at the World's Shadiest Store - Burbank Toys ARENT Us - this afternoon. They got the Y-Wing and the TIE Interceptor in today, but the only ones that made it to the shelves were a few beat up ones - the mint ones were being held behind the counter for the various employees. Two mint TIEs, along with three mint Y-Wings were stashed behind the customer service counter, and one mint TIE was stashed behind the video game area's checkout counter. Plumber Bob ended up scoring me a mint TIE after he complained to Manager Dave (aka You Know How It Is) about the employees keeping all the mint ones. Big Dave reluctantly handed it over after Bob gave him an earful. It was pretty funny. Plumber Bob is okay in my book.

Ended up passing on the one Y-Wing that was left on the shelf for actual customers (had a dented window).

-Snags

Jango Speck
08-23-2007, 07:13 PM
That's funny,

I almost went there at lunch, but then said to myself, "there's no way that stuff will ever make it to the shelves."

BlueSnags
08-23-2007, 07:18 PM
That's funny,

I almost went there at lunch, but then said to myself, "there's no way that stuff will ever make it to the shelves."

That store is the drizzling s---s.

-Snags

JodyB
08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
That's why you go to Los Feliz and deal with Dirty Sanchez...

Tycho
08-23-2007, 09:34 PM
BLUESNAGS: Is this the TIE Interceptor with the EU 181st Imperial Wing's decor with one of Baron Fel's handpicked squadron mates?

toonimator
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Of course it is! There's no other Interceptor scheduled this year :D

Tycho
08-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Of course it is! There's no other Interceptor scheduled this year :D

Golly Gee-Whiz, Shucky-Darn! I guess me that I'll have to get me to Toys R Us faster than Moonshine makes me fart!

BlueSnags
08-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Golly Gee-Whiz, Shucky-Darn! I guess me that I'll have to get me to Toys R Us faster than Moonshine makes me fart!

Go get it!:laugh:

-Snags

toonimator
08-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Nothing at Burbank Target but a few GHs (old). Finally picked up Han/Boushh. Adorable!

Jango Speck
08-24-2007, 12:51 PM
the World's Shadiest Store - Burbank Toys ARENT Us - this afternoon. They got the Y-Wing and the TIE Interceptor in today, but the only ones that made it to the shelves were a few beat up ones - the mint ones were being held behind the counter for the various employees. Two mint TIEs, along with three mint Y-Wings were stashed behind the customer service counter, and one mint TIE was stashed behind the video game area's checkout counter.
-Snags

Just wondering, if I ever go in there and see this same situation (they did it with the first wave of comic 2-packs), do I have the "right" to demand that they sell those to me before an employee? I don't want to be an ***, or get banned, but this is ridiculous. Perhaps if I take out my phone and start taking pictures of them, they'll change their mind? Perhaps a call to corporate?

Tycho
08-24-2007, 01:26 PM
If an employee collects, I'm fine with them getting first crack at the new stuff. It's a perk of working there.

If they take all of it and put it up on eBay and you can prove that, call corporate!

If they're an army-builder (fleet builder in this case), they need some kind of moderation so some stuff hits the floor I'd guess.

Jango Speck
08-24-2007, 01:40 PM
If an employee collects, I'm fine with them getting first crack at the new stuff. It's a perk of working there.

If they take all of it and put it up on eBay and you can prove that, call corporate!

If they're an army-builder (fleet builder in this case), they need some kind of moderation so some stuff hits the floor I'd guess.

I disagree. If the employees are grabbing up all of the "new" stuff, and leaving the beat-up dregs on the shelves, that's wrong- regardless of whether they are collectors or not. Give them an employee discount, but they shouldn't get first dibs on anything new. They can finish their shift, change clothes and walk back to the shelf and grab whatever they want, not hold it all hostage for a day and a half. F-that.

toonimator
08-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't mind much if they get first crack at it, provided it's not going right onto eBay or to Frank & Sons or something, but it's annoying that they'll stash 'em, in sight, behind a counter to be purchased LATER. Holding an item for a customer is one thing, to me, but an employee keeping the choice goods for himself while he's still on the clock is another.

I remember in '05 when the Evo sets just started hitting and there was obviously a new case minus the 2 Anakin sets out on the shelf. I wandered around and saw a redshirt working on endcaps & such with a cart full of pegs & tag holders & stuff like that... and two Anakin Evo sets. I'd already grabbed one a few days earlier, but thought it really tacky for him to be working and keeping 'em in his cart so I played nice and oohed and aahed over them and asked about 'em and he got ****y and said they were his but 'allowed' me to take one... which I took back to the shelf for someone else to pick up. Hopefully someone did, and that guy didn't just wander back there and grab it again.

darkagent
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
What did you guys do to "Plumber Bob" (is he a white guy always wearing blue Dickies and matching blue top?)? If so, he was at Los Feliz TRU today at opening. Seems to have strayed away from Burbank today. Anyways, TRU has done a reset. They have a whole aisle devoted to Star Wars now. They also had the new Y-Wings, but no Ties. They also put out a case of JLU 3 packs (Barda wave), which I quickly picked up.

ER Target this morning had the Leader class Brawl, but no signs of any new deluxe figures.

Commtech
08-24-2007, 05:47 PM
What did you guys do to "Plumber Bob" (is he a white guy always wearing blue Dickies and matching blue top?)? If so, he was at Los Feliz TRU today at opening. Seems to have strayed away from Burbank today. Anyways, TRU has done a reset. They have a whole aisle devoted to Star Wars now. They also had the new Y-Wings, but no Ties. They also put out a case of JLU 3 packs (Barda wave), which I quickly picked up.

ER Target this morning had the Leader class Brawl, but no signs of any new deluxe figures.

That's right Darkagent, that is the one and only "Plumber Bob"!!!!

That's funny, 'cause Dirty Sanchez was over here in Burbank when TRU opened. We had a "Rogues Swap"!! :D
Plumber Bob is Burbank TRU's official plumber, so he knows when they get stuff and when it is brought out. He is actually allowed in the stock room anytime he wants.
Nothing new was brought out today at Burbank TRU (I was there at opening and it was a waste of time), so he probably knew that and decided to hit the one in your territory.

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
I want to holla to Jango Speck for a great trade. The figures arrived. I loved the way you packed them. Great job Jango. I will get payment to you tomorrow or Monday morning as I will get to the Post Office one of those days. Thanks again kind Sir.

Jango Speck
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
kidhuman: glad you got the figs.

Guess what? Burbank TRU now has black curtains over the customer service shelves.

BlueSnags
08-24-2007, 09:26 PM
kidhuman: glad you got the figs.

Guess what? Burbank TRU now has black curtains over the customer service shelves.

You Know How It Is.:hurt:

-Snags

figrin bran
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
They also put out a case of JLU 3 packs (Barda wave), which I quickly picked up.

Drats! I've been hearing reports of that wave hitting TRU's and since their JLU restocks are far and few between, I have to hope to get lucky at Target.

I wish you Burbank collectors would take back El Puerco!

Tycho
08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I called my Toys R Us this morning at around 10:15 am and they put a TIE Interceptor on hold for me. I just picked it up at about 6:15 pm this evening. The rest were sold out, but they had a Y-wing on the shelves (I wasn't interested).

Now I think I'll get 1 more EU TIE, and that'll do me for this ship. It's sweet.

But it was $37 out the door! OK: $20 price-point ship. $7 more if you had to buy a separate pilot for it, from the carded assortment - but they include that. = $27. Then the mark-up for the exclusiveness? Let's say that's $5-6? = $33. Plus tax, takes you up to $37?! I don't know. This seems more than I should be spending on this vehicle / pilot -but what the hell - I only want 2. :rolleyes:

mark2d2
08-24-2007, 11:07 PM
So I was driving by a Toys R Us today (Los Feliz) and on a whim turned in thanks to all of your post yesterday about the TIE INTERCEPTOR being found with hopes of finding a Y-wing. . .

SCORE!!!!

There was but one Y-wing sitting there on the shelf. They appear to be in the midst of some sort of reset as the Star Warts toys had moved from a few days ago. Anyway, it is now mine. The box was so perfect I felt bad ripping it open.

This was around eleven or so in the a.m.

No sign of the INTERCEPTOR. I am passing on that one, but still wanted to check it out in person. The Y-wing is great out of the box, as is the droid. This is a very cool set. I don't quite understand why it is cheaper than the Interceptor. To me it is a much more substantial ship. I used to own the previous release of the Interceptor. Plus you get two figures with the Y-wing. Anyway, it's great for me, I guess. But it's still odd, I think. If anything, the Y-wing should be the expensive one.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 03:40 AM
All the Targets from Eagle Rock to Duarte had the LEGO MTT set, it's friggin' HUGE! TRU Monrovia also had the Ep 1 Republic Cruiser and Hoth Echo Base sets (exclusives). I decided not to ask for any LEGO for my birthday, unfortunately their pattern of only offering expensive sets now has thrown my love for the brick right out the window.

Found TF Movie Leader Class Brawl at Target Duarte and Pasadena 1story, first new TF movie toy I've seen in ages.

aeneas89
08-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I picked up the hoth base, i hope lego goes with future add on sets (the hoth bases is basically a big door) but the mini figs and all the different pieces put toether are very cool.

figrin bran
08-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone interested in a Movie Jazz G1 repaint stash at La Brea Target? JT perhaps?

I picked up one of the aforementioned plus some of the Movie Robot Heroes.

Finally found a Leia/Vader comic pack at Crenshaw WM.

I was at TRU and totally forgot to look for the Hoth bases, though it's a set that I'm really on the fence about.

Kidhuman
08-25-2007, 05:47 PM
FB did you get that PM?

figrin bran
08-25-2007, 06:23 PM
I sure did KH. yes, i'll take it and thank you!

darkagent
08-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Anyone interested in a Movie Jazz G1 repaint stash at La Brea Target?

PM sent for the Jazz repaint.

figrin bran
08-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Jazz repaint stash has been claimed.

I just opened mine. Never got the regular Movie Jazz so even in repainted colors, this one's kind of underwhelming. Definitely not in the league of 08 BB.

toonimator
08-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Wave 4 rev 4 at Burbank Target this morning! Picked up Luke, Fett, Onith, Helrot, and UGH Fett & Chewie. I let plumber bob grab Umpass & the UGH Airborne.. he got to 'em right before Jackie Chan went nuts flipping through figures (he got none! Nice to see him stiffed of anything 'rare' or 'hot'). UGH Chewie's for trade, just gotta figure out what I want! :thumbsup:

Jango Speck
08-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Panorama City Ghetto WalMart was a JACKPOT this morning. Found one Wave 4r4 case plus a platoon of dirty sandtroopers. Lots of Legends on various end racks. I totally forgot to look for UGHs, and didn't see any, so who knows? Now I'm sure to get my NFC case in the mail next week. :rolleyes:

aeneas89
08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Toys r us la cienega has four y wings and 4 tie interceptors

Commtech
08-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Nice score Toon! Congrats!!

Poor Jackie Chan didn't get his gold coins.:D

BlueSnags
08-26-2007, 06:09 PM
For Sale:

Skirmish In The Senate Battle Pack - 3 available - $7 each
Rogue Two Snowspeeder - 2 available - $20 each
Mace Windu's Squadron Battle Pack - 3 available - $7 each
Topps Star Wars 30th Anniv Cards - complete set of 120 - $15

-Snags

mark2d2
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
For Sale:

Skirmish In The Senate Battle Pack - 4 available - $7 each
Rogue Two Snowspeeder - 2 available - $20 each
Mace Windu's Squadron Battle Pack - 3 available - $7 each
Topps Star Wars 30th Anniv Cards - complete set of 120 - $15

-Snags

Hey, I'll take a Senate Battle Pack. And box condition means nothing to me so save me Your worst one. I'm going to PM you now.

Jango Speck
08-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, at least Burbank Target had "Cars" up again.

toonimator
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Oh, yeah, they did that yesterday too. Plumber Bob took the Sarge they had up to checkout with his SW figures just to see if they were still ringing up "do not sell" and if they'd pull 'em ALL again. I hit TRU at 10 and asked if they did, he said yes.

Looks like they never learn (same with their few sporadic SW Legends going on those $6.64 pegs)

I didn't even bother looking in that aisle today.. tons of space now for Legends, TAC, and even comic packs finally, but still nothing. JLU, POTC, GIJoe, and TF areas looking pretty sad still. Bob & Willy have taken to commenting daily on how blue the aisle looks when they pass it to hit Hot Wheels since there's never any TF to cover up the blue backing. :p

figrin bran
08-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I stashed another Movie Jazz G1 repaint at La Brea Target. PM me if you're interested.

BlueSnags
08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Stashed a Galactic Heroes AT-AT Driver/Veers pack over at Burbank K-Mart. PM me if anyone wants it.

-Snags

JodyB
08-28-2007, 01:40 AM
found 4 cases of wave 4 revision 1 tonight... bought 1 set left the rest. The UGH's in it were Animated Fett, McChewie and the Airborne trooper... At Wal-Mart btw

Jango Speck
08-28-2007, 01:51 AM
found 4 cases of wave 4 revision 1 tonight... bought 1 set left the rest. The UGH's in it were Animated Fett, McChewie and the Airborne trooper... At Wal-Mart btw

So those cases had Concept Vader and CZ-4? If you grab a Vader for me, I'll take it off your hands (if you are in the Burbank area).

JodyB
08-28-2007, 02:18 AM
No Vader or Droid...

Jango Speck
08-28-2007, 02:47 AM
No Vader or Droid...

Sounds like wave 4 rev4 then. What WM was this at?

Tycho
08-28-2007, 02:49 AM
JodyB, that was Wave4 Rev.4 which I found as well.

My theory is that Rev. 4 with the UGHs are coming out first intentionally to keep interest in SW. Hasbro is competing with themselves right now, but SW is all but forgotten next to the excitement of Transformers especially, and to a lesser extent, the return of GI Joe.

I think by having chase figures out there...

Anyway, it's a theory.

JodyB
08-28-2007, 03:04 AM
No... the case said WV 4 R1 07

edit: Well... on the net I guess it's revision 4... but the boxes were saying 1

Jango Speck
08-28-2007, 03:15 AM
I guess we'll never find out which WM you found those at.

G'night John Boy...

JodyB
08-28-2007, 04:23 AM
I guess we'll never find out which WM you found those at.

G'night John Boy...

Sorry... Stevenson Ranch

toonimator
08-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Huh! Well the boxes reading "R1" certainly explains why it's showing up so quick.

Burbank Target had an Airborne sheltering a McStormie & McFett. JodyB passed on 'em, I snatched the Stormie since I've been wanting a 3rd for customs, wandered around for a bit, then after even Plumber Bob skipped the Fett I picked him up. I can't resist! :cross-eye More customs that'll take me a year or more to finish!

Jango Speck
08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Target is so funny. "Cars" were starting to re-appear, now they're gone again. Read a newspaper please, corporate douchebags. Put the stuff back on the shelves and send Sarge back to China.

Saw Hootie and Headphones this morning. Empty handed.

Kidhuman
08-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Jango, please let me know when the check arrives. Thanks.

Jango Speck
08-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Burbank TRU is officially selling MR ForceFX lightsabers in the SW toy aisle. I believe they are asking $115 each. They even have two of them in display cases, with an "on" button so you can see/hear the forcefx. This seems like a strange move since MR isn't making these anymore. They must have a huge warehouse full of these things.

Tycho
08-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Jango, please let me know when the check arrives. Thanks.

Kidhuman, did you mail me anything for your Comic Con figures yet?

Kidhuman
08-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Kidhuman, did you mail me anything for your Comic Con figures yet?

Not yet, I will mail it out on Friday

gambitguru
08-29-2007, 02:25 AM
I stashed another Movie Jazz G1 repaint at La Brea Target. PM me if you're interested.

you have a PM

K M Toydarian
08-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Burbank TRU is officially selling MR ForceFX lightsabers in the SW toy aisle. I believe they are asking $115 each. They even have two of them in display cases, with an "on" button so you can see/hear the forcefx. This seems like a strange move since MR isn't making these anymore. They must have a huge warehouse full of these things.

Saw that this afternoon too. The aisles are pretty bare except for Hasbro, as they reset everything. Possibly TRU.com has a surplus of MR Force FX and is unloading them on the stores, like we have seen with other older toys and figures in the past. Maybe after Xmas we will see them go on clearance!
Was looking for the new Galactic Heroes Cinema Scene sets, but nothing. Gotsta get Jar Jar and Qui-Gon!
There was an EP II Tin Set there that I haven't seen on shelves for a while.
Also saw space for the Y-Wing, but no ships out.

figrin bran
08-29-2007, 02:44 AM
I guess it doesn't do much good to report on it now but Los Feliz TRU had one GH Hoth and Episode 1 cinema scene set yesterday.

Smeagol Rock Target put out a new case...of wave 3 that is.

Jango Speck
08-29-2007, 02:57 AM
Burbank TRU has doubled the number of pegs for figures, and they were all full of Legends today. Too bad I don't need rehashes of Yoda, Grievous, Maul, etc. I left two Shockies behind.

figrin bran
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
I stashed a Leader Class Brawl at a TRU in case anyone was looking for one

At that same store, Senor Sanchez and Hootie (african american male with glasses?) bought up the Movie TF Legends 4 packs. I can't imagine there would be such a demand for these sets but oh well...

I don't collect DCSH but it was disconcerting to see the stocking manager bring out a Two Face for "Hot Wheeler I believe to be Hootie" and then bring the rest of the case back to the storeroom.

JodyB
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I stashed a Leader Class Brawl at a TRU in case anyone was looking for one

At that same store, Senor Sanchez and Hootie (african american male with glasses?) bought up the Movie TF Legends 4 packs. I can't imagine there would be such a demand for these sets but oh well...

I don't collect DCSH but it was disconcerting to see the stocking manager bring out a Two Face for "Hot Wheeler I believe to be Hootie" and then bring the rest of the case back to the storeroom.

Yeah... that's Hootie. I've noticed him showing up there at Los Feliz now

Jango Speck
08-29-2007, 03:53 PM
There's a guy who used to work at the Burbank Mall KB, who now runs his own scalper shop on the ground floor of the mall. I've been there a few times, but only to buy figure stands. I saw him in Target this morning, collecting stock for his store. I hope I'm wrong.

MicroJow
08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I guess I must be getting territorial at my local Target. I don't know how it works at other places, but we tend to be a nice, respective crowd... first person to arrive is the first to get to the pegs and we generally share amongst ourselves, even if it means having to wait for more cases to show up before we get our fill. This morning, a new guy showed up... he was the third to arrive but the moment they opened those doors, he bolted in and power-walked past everyone straight to the Star Wars.

What do you guys think? Is that bad form or am I just too nice a guy? I mean, even if some guy in a wheelchair was the first one to get in line one morning, I would probably keep pace BEHIND him and let him get to the figures first - it's only being considerate. Or am I a sucker who needs to grab first and ask questions later?

- J!

tom brokaw
08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I guess I must be getting territorial at my local Target. I don't know how it works at other places, but we tend to be a nice, respective crowd... first person to arrive is the first to get to the pegs and we generally share amongst ourselves, even if it means having to wait for more cases to show up before we get our fill. This morning, a new guy showed up... he was the third to arrive but the moment they opened those doors, he bolted in and power-walked past everyone straight to the Star Wars.

What do you guys think? Is that bad form or am I just too nice a guy? I mean, even if some guy in a wheelchair was the first one to get in line one morning, I would probably keep pace BEHIND him and let him get to the figures first - it's only being considerate. Or am I a sucker who needs to grab first and ask questions later?

- J!
which target was this at?

Tycho
08-29-2007, 05:27 PM
I think you're right MicroJow.

I myself got into a fight many years ago at my Wal-Mart because I was "that jerk," but I also didn't know any better and no one explained it to me. Most of the guys waiting at many of the stores do not talk to each other and are stand-offish and irritated that others are there to compete with them for the toys.

Now as a Star Wars collector, I observed almost always, everyone else in front of the stores go for Hot Wheels first - on a completely different isle, too. So as a kid, and this is when I was barely no-longer a teenager, I felt it didn't matter if I made it to the Star Wars stuff first, ahead of grown men in their 40's or later, who's priority was Hot Wheels anyway.

In other words, what I did there didn't affect them. Well one guy who used to be nice to me, stopped speaking to me for like a year, and just as I'd gotten used to that, he physically tried to block me from reaching the toy isle one day and we got into a shoving match. I heard later that he didn't think I'd turn to fight a guy twice my age - well I would and did. It didn't go that far. But he finally told me what I'd done (or had been doing) "wrong." Still, it didn't need to come to a near brawl to get the point across.

My point is that maybe you should try talking to the guy first and telling him that it's a casual line out there even before the doors open. Then he will or will-not establish himself as a jerk after he has all the information.

I certainly behave better at my stores now (thought Wal-Mart is now 24hr and I know everyone in front of my Target by name and we are amicable about sharing - though only several others even look at Star Wars and I've never been interested in Hot Wheels except when I was a little kid).

Commtech
08-29-2007, 06:02 PM

- J!

Alright... If you are talking about the Target in Van Nuys on Sepulveda, then that was me.
First of all, I don't really know which of you were Hot Wheelers, SW collectors, scalpers or were just there for a gallon of milk. I usually go to the Burbank Target and there's a lot of powerwalking (and sometimes running, which is something I'll never do) going on there, so I'm sorry if I'm used to that. Also, I had to go in and get out as soon as possible because I had to go to work in Santa Monica which is also the reason I stopped at "YOUR" target since it was on the way to work. I don't have time to walk as if I was taking a romantic walk in the park.
Now, if it was you at the Target on Sepulveda, then you heard me tell one of your regular fellow collectors (DarthAnton) that I post on SSG (this happened already inside target), so you KNEW I was going to read your post.
If there were a guy in a wheelchair that I KNEW was going for the action figures, I too would let him get there first.
If there would've been any good figures today, and knew more SW collectors were there as well, I would've grabbed ONLY one of each. But there was no Wave 4 today.
I think the rule of first person is first to the pegs doesn't apply since I don't know you and what exactly you are there to buy (HWs, SWs, TFs, Joes, milk, condoms, etc.) I honestly think that rule is stupid and I know I will get flamed for saying that. Does that mean I should get there at 7:30 from now on to be first to the pegs? Should we start forming lines before they open. I don't think that'll work.
At Burbank Target we are used to getting new guys very often, so I guess we have developed a more relaxed attitude about it.
And no, you are not a sucker, but maybe a little territorial. You just have to realize that anyone from anywhere has a right to shop at your Target. I used to live in Van Nuys and did that give me some sort of right to shop for toys at that specific Target above other people from other areas?
What if today I would've bought a bunch of those legends pegwarmers? You would've been happy that the "New Guy" left some room for wave 4 on the shelves for the next day.:lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah... that's Hootie. I've noticed him showing up there at Los Feliz now

I've seen him at West Holly Target as well. and I could've sworn that I've seen him at Legacy Comics in Glendale.

Jango Speck
08-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I don't have time to walk as if I was taking a romantic walk in the park.

LMAO! I'm the same way Commtech, just trying to get in and get out before going to work. Anyway, I've got to say that waiting for someone in a wheelchair is ridiculous (in this instance- not in general). There's more than one way to walk to the pegs. Who in their right mind is going to wait for someone else to slowly roll over to the toy aisles. First of all, you don't know what they are going for, and second, if you happen to know they like SW, then just get there first and grab stuff for them before someone else beats them to it. I agree that we don't need to walk in single file to the pegs, based on who arrived first. But when you get there, if you recognize other collectors, then help them out if you happen to get there first, and maybe they'll do the same for you one day.

UPDATE: Just want to be clear that I'm not advocating taking advantage of people in wheelchairs; on the contrary, I am saying that if you feel so inclined, help them out by getting to know them and help them get the figures they want before someone else does.

MicroJow
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Aha! I heard part of the conversation this morning but missed the part about posting on SSG - I tuned in when you mentioned a few of the other names from this board but on our way out my friend told me you posted at Rebelscum so I didn't put 2 & 2 together to realize you probably posted on both boards - or that he could be wrong!

I guess I've just gotten too used to seeing the same old faces, none of whom run or even power walk to the aisles at that Target. Believe me, whenever someone "new" shows up, they're always greeted with suspicion because the only people who show up and speed to the aisles there always seem to be scalpers who have NO intention to share. Sorry if I offended you, but I was just trying to gauge opinions from fellow collectors who shop at other Targets.

As for me, if I were at an unfamiliar Target and someone was there before me and they started for the toy department, I have to say I would still let them get there first, even not knowing what they were heading for. If they moved into the Hot Wheels aisle, great! If they went for Star Wars, then I'd have to fend. That's my problem, but there you have it.

See, I remember early days at Targets back around the 12" Wampa days where people got trampled and kids got knocked over in races to the toy aisles and I'm just happy to have a local Target where that kind of thing doesn't happen. And that's why I stick with the "first to arrive = first to the pegs" attitude. Everyone gets the figures sooner or later and the last thing I want to see is one of Anton's kids getting stepped on because people have started racing to the aisles. And it doesn't take much to start people running.

Of course everyone has the right to shop at the Target... I was just asking if our little community at Sepulveda Target is normal (no running, no pushing, willingness to share) or if I've gotten too used to the same old faces.

Obviously, we'd never met before so I was suspicious.

- J!

darkagent
08-29-2007, 07:28 PM
At my Target, it's usually the same people everyday, so we have an understanding and share the find equally amongst ourselves. There is no running and hardly ever any power walking. I'm always wary of new faces that show up now and then, and run in ahead of everyone and grab everything for themselves.

Commtech
08-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Everyone gets the figures sooner or later and the last thing I want to see if one of Anton's kids getting stepped on because people have started racing to the aisles.

- J!

It's funny how we profile people in our heads. Today, when I saw a dad (darthanton) and his little kids waiting outside target, I thought they might've been there for groceries or something else. And there was another guy in shorts with a goatee, who looked like a Hotwheeler, who ended up going somewhere else BUT the toys section.

No offense taken. It's all good, Microjow. I wish our Target was as tranquil as yours. And let me tell you it is an exception. Most targets I go to have a tough competition. Just ask Figrin about "El Puerco" in West Hollywood.. or Darkagent about "Dirty Sanchez" in Glendale.

The only point I will have to disagree with(or be firm about it), is the fact that I have to powerwalk so I can get as soon as possible out of there to go to work, and I don't have time to wait for people. That might sound selfish, but I won't keep all the toys.There's a couple of fellow collectors on this boards who powerwalk even faster than me, but I've learned not to stress because when they get there, they share the stuff.

Unfortunately, there was nothing good today at your Target. The good thing was, I got to meet DarthAnton and discuss about collecting with you through this boards.Cool! :thumbsup:

MicroJow
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Coolness! Sorry for over-reacting but now that we know each other by sight, I'll try to keep the claws sheathed next time ;)

Heck, I used to evil eye CrunchyNug when our paths first started crossing there until we finally introduced ourselves and realized we'd been stashing things that each other had been claiming for months.

We USED to have Headphones at our store. I remember him waiting outside the store with all the new figures he'd bought just so he could gloat. He eventually got chased away by a couple regulars armed with a manager. Haven't seen him there (at least early in the morning) in over a year.

- J

darkagent
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
or Darkagent about "Dirty Sanchez" in Glendale.

Actually, I've never had a problem with "Dirty Sanchez". He's actually a very good guy. He'll usually let me and the other regulars get what we want and go after the leftovers. Or if it's something hot (like the McQuarries), if he has two in his hands, he'll usually give me one if I need it.

There was another guy that scalps at the swap meet that I had a problem with. He's mainly a Hot Wheels guy, however he'd always run in when the store opens and go to the Star Wars section and grab everything he could and then head off to the Hot Wheels section. He'd do this whenever he knew he had no Hot Wheels competiton.

Commtech
08-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually, I've never had a problem with "Dirty Sanchez". He's actually a very good guy. He'll usually let me and the other regulars get what we want and go after the leftovers. Or if it's something hot (like the McQuarries), if he has two in his hands, he'll usually give me one if I need it.

He always tries to sell me stuff outside toys r us with a slight mark up.

Kidhuman
08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
If you guys want a real Tranquil Target, move to my area in Va. I am usually the only one there at opening. I get first everything. I even share with myself sometimes. :D

Commtech
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
If you guys want a real Tranquil Target, move to my area in Va. I am usually the only one there at opening.

Not anymore. I'll be there tomorrow.:D

Kidhuman
08-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Not anymore. I'll be there tomorrow.:D

I will block the wheel chair entrance so we have fresh dibs on the wave 2 thats clogging pegs.