PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Commtech
08-29-2007, 11:09 PM
I will block the wheel chair entrance so we have fresh dibs on the wave 2 thats clogging pegs.

LOL!!!!!:D

but, seriously... I'll be there tomorrow.

kidding!

figrin bran
08-30-2007, 01:13 AM
He always tries to sell me stuff outside toys r us with a slight mark up.

He used to do that to me years ago. Now he just pretends he doesn't see me and heads to the SW aisle first.

MicroJow, that's funny that you evil eyed Crunchy Nug because I remember someone else saying the same thing about him. Which is funny because I've met him and would never think he's a scalper :p

gambitguru
08-30-2007, 03:11 AM
thanks figrin bran for the stashed GI jazz. i found it without a problem

ok guys, so i was thinking? If target opens at 8am and you get there at 7:30 am and a guy in a wheel chair gets there at 7:58?, what would you do? do you let him cut eventhough you have been waiting in line longer or do you let him cut because he is in a wheelchair. i'm just saying...

well anyways, i got an extra holiday boba/mcchewie for trade, i need a mcvader(oh dont we all).

anybody see any new TF deluxe or voyagers let me know, i havent seen any deluxe at retail for almost 3 weeks now

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Spotted 2 of those TIE Interceptor sets at TRU Los Feliz tonight - snore. Also a Saga Legends Shocktrooper on the 41 body at Target NoHo.

I have not seen a new SW or Transformer figure in ages. :(

I guess I must be getting territorial at my local Target. I don't know how it works at other places, but we tend to be a nice, respective crowd... first person to arrive is the first to get to the pegs and we generally share amongst ourselves, even if it means having to wait for more cases to show up before we get our fill. This morning, a new guy showed up... he was the third to arrive but the moment they opened those doors, he bolted in and power-walked past everyone straight to the Star Wars.

What do you guys think? Is that bad form or am I just too nice a guy? I mean, even if some guy in a wheelchair was the first one to get in line one morning, I would probably keep pace BEHIND him and let him get to the figures first - it's only being considerate. Or am I a sucker who needs to grab first and ask questions later?

- J!It's somewhere in between these days, basically it's polite to have it be a powerwalk version of NASCAR where it's all about jockeying for position rather than a drag race between a corvette and a VW micro bus. The problem is that Hasbro has made it such a nightmare to find this crap lately and LA is getting heavily under-shipped since we have such a large population. I haven't seen a single new Star Wars figure in well over 2 months, a new Transformer deluxe in nearly the same. The reality is that with these "stock overnight" policies, it's entirely first-come first-served, and when it comes to dog-eat-dog stuff like that, the worst aspects of our nature are always going to win out. Also, there's a lot of paranoia about the guy you've never seen before being a scalper or some other type of person who is not an authentic collector and just out to screw the rest of us. The system is totally screwed up thanks to Hasbro's ineptitude and the greed of those with the whim to exploit collectors at any turn.

And BTW, I'd hate to give someone the courtesy position only to see him wander off to the electronics section to pick up a Wii and some scalper jagoff race over to toys and grab something I would have been able to get if I hadn't been playing it nice. It's just an ugly situation, but the reality is that we're no longer in the fun ol' days of POTF2 collecting when it was fun and respectively easy - even well-behaved, pedigree dogs will eventually turn vicious if starved enough.

He always tries to sell me stuff outside toys r us with a slight mark up.That is a crime, straight up. I am not sure if the manager would do anything, they're either on the take or clowns, and cops would probably laugh at you, but TRU corporate should absolutely hear about that one.

ok guys, so i was thinking? If target opens at 8am and you get there at 7:30 am and a guy in a wheel chair gets there at 7:58?, what would you do? do you let him cut eventhough you have been waiting in line longer or do you let him cut because he is in a wheelchair. i'm just saying...I would be conflicted, on the one hand he does have a disability which prevents him from doing what I can, on the other hand I don't want to treat him differently than I would someone else simply because of his disability. If he needed help with reaching for something, I'd help him, but I think I'd have to bypass him with the scenario you mentioned.

Anybody heard that Big Fat Lou's is moving away from TRU Culver City's doorstep? Is he trying to move closer to his beloved Targets up the road?

gambitguru
08-30-2007, 11:47 AM
finally found something at target pacoima, i have been going there religiously for the past month,

SW nothing new

TF- finally saw some deluxe, the case thundercrackerx2, repaint barricadex1, 08 bumble beex1, damage jazzx1, payloadx1, towtruckx1, and the lowrider truck forgot his namex1. left behind the thundercrackers. ANybody need an extra payload or jazz, pm me

Tycho
08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
I went to Target today and found nothing - but a new closing lid, tall kitchen trash can. I'm actually going to be using it in my cats' bathroom as I'm making the transition to non-flushable kitty litter this month.

Anyway, this morning I had competition in the trash can isle. There was another dude comparing the different styles of trash cans.

We were each taking them down off the shelves and testing their hand or foot pedal opening controls at the same time.

The other guy got to the trash can isle first (as I checked the toys out on my way in). So he must have thought I was copying him as I followed him into the trash can isle and tested many of the same cans he did.

He settled on a foot pedal, rectangular model and I took a hand controlled oval-shaped loader that I thought would better accomodate my kitty litter siftter tray.

During this event, neither of us spoke. It was just like the way some of you describe your stand-offish moments competing with toys. However, I think I came away with the better trash can.

Oh, it is white with the gray and white lid variant and right now I still have it in mint condition and it has never been used to contain garbage up to this point!

Jango Speck
08-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Tycho, you slay me.

Hey guys, have any of you received confirmation that your wave 5 pre-order cases are shipping? There's a big debate about wave 5 on another site.

toonimator
08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
That is a crime, straight up. I am not sure if the manager would do anything, they're either on the take or clowns, and cops would probably laugh at you, but TRU corporate should absolutely hear about that one.
While I know Burbank TRU wouldn't care at all, even if they got word from corporate (and especially because they're the ones buying up the goods & selling 'em at a markup outside... you know how it is), I doubt Los Feliz TRU would care or act at all unless they've had a change in management in the last couple years. Back in the GI Joe Valor vs Venom 2-pack days a couple years ago, that store was notorious for having 8 or 10 of the "Gung-Ho & Neo-Viper" 2-packs... with all the Neo-Vipers replaced with extra Gung-Hos and even the Viper art on the bubble insert being cut away to help hide the theft from customer service & unsuspecting shoppers ("Is this a new variant?"). I reported those to the staff THREE TIMES at customer service, and told 'em they'd never sell as-is. Each time, the figures were back on the pegs the next day (sometimes with some Cobra glider-thing with the pilot replaced with... Gung-Ho! Yay!)

New TFs hit Burbank Target FINALLY! JodyB warned me away when he said that Bumblebee was already gone, which is naturally the most popular one at the moment and the ONLY Deluxe I wanna get now that I've been disappointed in Barricade. I didn't even go in today, just went to work, figured there'd be nothing else new.

Commtech
08-30-2007, 01:02 PM
stashed a g1 repaint movie jazz at Burbank Target.

Commtech
08-30-2007, 01:08 PM
New TFs hit Burbank Target FINALLY! JodyB warned me away when he said that Bumblebee was already gone, which is naturally the most popular one at the moment and the ONLY Deluxe I wanna get now .....

Yeah Toon, I got it, but ended up giving it to Plumber Bob whom I owned a big favor. Plumber Bob's been really cool about hooking up collectors with figures and he really wanted a BB for himself. :)

figrin bran
08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Tycho, you have such sophisticated tastes in trash cans! :p
I'll trade you a Mara/Luke for one of them.

JT, I take it that all the Leader class Brawls were gone from LF TRU by the time you got there? I actually saw some deluxes at Los Feliz Albertsons (Brawl and Jazz) but they're extremely overpriced at $13 and change.

Speck, I've been following that debate on that site. I ordered wave 5 from NFC and have yet to receive any confirmation emails.

BlueSnags
08-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I'll trade you a Mara/Luke for one of them.

JT, I take it that all the Leader class Brawls were gone from LF TRU by the time you got there? I actually saw some deluxes at Los Feliz Albertsons (Brawl and Jazz) but they're extremely overpriced at $13 and change.

Speck, I've been following that debate on that site. I ordered wave 5 from NFC and have yet to receive any confirmation emails.

I ordered two W5 cases - one from EE and one from D&S. I talked to D&S yesterday and they said they did get some of their cases in (but not mine)...still waiting. Maybe EE will get something quickly for once...yeah, right.

-Snags

figrin bran
08-30-2007, 06:19 PM
New Force just posted that they have received a small shipment of wave 5 that they will ship out tomorrow.

JediTricks
08-31-2007, 02:29 AM
While I know Burbank TRU wouldn't care at all, even if they got word from corporate (and especially because they're the ones buying up the goods & selling 'em at a markup outside... you know how it is), I doubt Los Feliz TRU would care or act at all unless they've had a change in management in the last couple years. Back in the GI Joe Valor vs Venom 2-pack days a couple years ago, that store was notorious for having 8 or 10 of the "Gung-Ho & Neo-Viper" 2-packs... with all the Neo-Vipers replaced with extra Gung-Hos and even the Viper art on the bubble insert being cut away to help hide the theft from customer service & unsuspecting shoppers ("Is this a new variant?"). I reported those to the staff THREE TIMES at customer service, and told 'em they'd never sell as-is. Each time, the figures were back on the pegs the next day (sometimes with some Cobra glider-thing with the pilot replaced with... Gung-Ho! Yay!)Yeah, TRU is suckertown for those types of thefts, and the employees are chimps when you point it out to them. Sadly, you gotta go over their heads to corporate and keep doing it every time because that's the only way they're going to get it through their thick skulls that this is their f'ing money at stake!

I'll trade you a Mara/Luke for one of them.Niiiice! :thumbsup:

JT, I take it that all the Leader class Brawls were gone from LF TRU by the time you got there? I actually saw some deluxes at Los Feliz Albertsons (Brawl and Jazz) but they're extremely overpriced at $13 and change. I didn't notice them there, they weren't in the main section or I just glazed over. I can't believe they moved SW onto its own sad aisle though, that looked terrible for both SW and TF!

My Albertsons is sooooo skangey, I can't bring myself to go in now that they're remodeling, who knows what kind of animals are crawling out of the exposed woodwork.

toonimator
08-31-2007, 12:52 PM
A little more Wave 4 at Burbank Target today, picked up Umpass Stay since I skipped him on Sunday. Another assortment without McVader or CZ, but unless JodyB kept a non-UGH Fett after he passed the rest of the figures on to Commtech, the non-UGH was absent. Weird.

There was a Leia/Vader Comic Pack, the ONLY new pack on the pegs, so I grabbed that. They're chillin on my desk at work for today. Leia'll need work to become really great as Leia or as Jaina or any other lady Jedi, but Vader's set for any extras becoming members of some 'Vader-cult' or joining any extra McVaders I get as part of an Old Republic "Golden Age of the Sith"-era armored Sith Warriors.

It might also be a nice base for some Legacy of the Force "Galactic Alliance Guard" customs. Ditch the cape, modify the chest box, swap heads & throw on some different helmets... could work out nice! Then just add a Cantina Han head and a non-batty cape for any Darth Caedus customs.

Commtech
08-31-2007, 01:30 PM
A big thanks to Jody B. for passing me the gold coin figs. today at Burbank Target!:thumbsup:

JodyB
08-31-2007, 02:40 PM
No Worries... Hope everyone enjoys what they got this morning.:yes:

toonimator
08-31-2007, 05:07 PM
I sure will! So many possibilities for the comic pack, and Umpass' parts can go to a wide variety of customs.

Tycho
08-31-2007, 06:10 PM
My Target got a solid case of 4 Leader Class Optimus Primes today.

I also bought 7 different flavors of Yoplait yogurt along with him.

I ate the raspberry flavored one while I opened and transformed Prime into a truck this morning.

figrin bran
08-31-2007, 07:33 PM
I stashed a Jedi Luke at Los Feliz TRU and a TF Longarm at Eagle Rock Target

I got to that TRU too late so all that was left were 2 Lukes and an Elis. Bought 1 Luke and Elis.

I found some Lego Y-Wings on clearance for $16. PM me if you want to know where

darkagent
08-31-2007, 07:52 PM

I got to that TRU too late so all that was left were 2 Lukes and an Elis. Bought 1 Luke and Elis.

PM sent for LEGO Y-Wing.

Knew I should have gone to TRU this morning. I had a feeling they'd put out some new stuff today, since they haven't put out anything new all week.

Forgot all about it, but ER Target put out 3 cases of the new deluxe TF a couple days ago. Of course the first to go were the 2008 BB.

figrin bran
08-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Forgot all about it, but ER Target put out 3 cases of the new deluxe TF a couple days ago. Of course the first to go were the 2008 BB.

I found a lone Longarm at that store this morning so either it was remnants or they put out another case?

Elis Helrot looks a lot better without the scarf, I think. I definitely want an extra one for customs.

JediTricks
09-01-2007, 03:16 AM

I found some Lego Y-Wings on clearance for $16. PM me if you want to know whereMaaaan, that sucks! I was there in the afternoon, wish I had gotten to the forums first as I want both those hidden figs.

figrin bran
09-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Well, JT, you're the only one that asked about the Luke and Longarm so hopefully they'll be there for you.

Cataclizm1
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi guys, if anyone finds an extra G1 Ultra Magnus 6" Titanium please stash it or buy it for me, thanks!!!!!!!!!

darkagent
09-01-2007, 12:36 PM
ER Target this morning had a couple exclusive G1 Starscream repaints and about 3 pegs full of G1 Jazz repaints. They also put out a case of SW Legends wave 2. Nothing else.

figrin bran
09-01-2007, 11:44 PM
ER Target this morning had a couple exclusive G1 Starscream repaints and about 3 pegs full of G1 Jazz repaints. They also put out a case of SW Legends wave 2. Nothing else.

I didn't go there today but I'm surprised that they even have room for more SW Legends wave 2! The pegs seemed filled to the max on Thursday.

gambitguru
09-02-2007, 03:12 AM
walmart panorama, stashed leia/vader comic 2 pack and voyager prime pm for details

target van nuys, 1 g1 starscream repaint. pm for details

anybody see or pick up a mcvader at retial??

toonimator
09-02-2007, 11:54 AM
No sign of McVader in Burbank, far as I know.

I did get TAC 4-LOM yesterday. Ordered him loose from a Hong Kong eBayer, finally arrived with some other cheap loose figs I got for fodder. He's great!

Jango Speck
09-02-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm gonna sell my MIMB TAC V-Wing ship. Any takers? Retail price of course.

By the way, I opened my Dirty legends sandtroopers, my VTSC Tuskens and my TAC Jawas. They make a great Tatooine diorama!

figrin bran
09-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I stashed a sandtrooper and a POTC Hadras at La Brea Target if anyone's interested.

Eagle Rock Target is still full of SL 2, they got wave 3 comic packs but only A'sharad and Mara. None of the Leia/Vaders at all.

CrunchyNug
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Haven't posted in a while cuz I've been traveling a lot recently, but for all you JLU-heads, I found the Zatanna single this morning at Woodland Hills Target.

I guess I missed the first round of TAC w4 here in L.A. and some of the exclusive Transformer repaints. I'm only looking for G1 Jazz repaint actually. Any stashes would be much appreciated.

All caught up on my Comic Packs w3 and SL w2...just need TAC w4.

figrin bran
09-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Haven't posted in a while cuz I've been traveling a lot recently, but for all you JLU-heads, I found the Zatanna single this morning at Woodland Hills Target.

I guess I missed the first round of TAC w4 here in L.A. and some of the exclusive Transformer repaints. I'm only looking for G1 Jazz repaint actually. Any stashes would be much appreciated.

Darnit, I just passed up 4 of those Jazz repaints today too!

Tycho
09-04-2007, 01:21 AM
I didn't go shopping today at all. I tend to want to avoid the holiday crowds. The funny thing is that I've been lucky on Labor Day before. I can't remember everything I got, but in the middle of the afternoon in 1999 on Labor Day I got 2 of the 12" Exclusive Darth Mauls on Sith Speeders (one went to a buddy of mine).

figrin bran
09-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Well, the stores here weren't all that busy during the morning. I didn't even see any of the scalpers like Senor Sanchez, El Puerco or Hootie. They must've had a Scalpers barbecue or something.

Tycho
09-04-2007, 06:02 AM
They must've had a Scalpers barbecue or something.

Nah. Since everyone was off of work for the most part, they set up lemonade stands serving at $9 a cup. They're scalpers afterall.

Chaddymac
09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I stashed a sandtrooper and a POTC Hadras at La Brea Target if anyone's interested.

Eagle Rock Target is still full of SL 2, they got wave 3 comic packs but only A'sharad and Mara. None of the Leia/Vaders at all.
Are the Leia/Vader packs difficult to come by? I saw one at Target yesterday and passed. I'd still pass for myself, but if I'd know they were rare, I might have stashed or picked it up for someone.

toonimator
09-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Burbank Target finally got in POTC wave 2! Picked up Hadras, Davy, and Barbossa. Also grabbed gray-wolf Snake Eyes and an ARC comic pack just for kicks.

figrin bran
09-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Are the Leia/Vader packs difficult to come by? I saw one at Target yesterday and passed. I'd still pass for myself, but if I'd know they were rare, I might have stashed or picked it up for someone.

Chaddy, they're not rare. They just seem to sell out faster than the other two packs in that wave

CrunchyNug, if you're willing to drive to Santa Monica/La Brea Target, I have a Jazz stashed for you.

I have a Flint and Cobra Trooper stashed at La Cienega TRU if anyone needs them.

I found a Camo Bane at Los Feliz TRU but some fruit tart slit the package opened and stole the gun.

gambitguru
09-05-2007, 12:57 AM
i stashed i leader prime if anybody needs one at inglewood target pm me for details

toonimator
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Stashed UGH Fett and UGH Airborne this AM. No UGH Chewie (or regular Fett) in this assortment... and only one Luke! Either employee shopping or it was stocked late last night before closing and grabbed by someone more interested in Lukes than UGHs.

New Comic 2-packs!!!! ...all Wave 2 :hurt: so the wide open pegs of yesterday are now packed with tons more Marvel 'warmers, a few Quins, and a few ARCs. So much for finding Wave 3 soon there!

Jango Speck
09-05-2007, 12:19 PM
PM sent...

UPDATE: Toonimator, thanks for the stash!

I found Elis Helrot and M'iiyoom Onith at Burbank Target, and stashed them. PM me for the location.

figrin bran
09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I found Elis Helrot and M'iiyoom Onith at Burbank Target, and stashed them. PM me for the location.

Speck, I'm sending you a PM regarding these...

Jango Speck
09-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Speck, I'm sending you a PM regarding these...

PM sent. (It's not too late...)

figrin bran
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks to Speck's stash, I have M'yiiom and an extra Elis now :thumbsup:

Turbowars
09-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey Guys, how's everyone been doing? Need some help with wave 4 and gold coined figures. So if anyone sees some extras think of me. I'm starting to hit stores again, been busy like hell at work. What else is new though. Good seeing a few of you at the Burbank Tar, too bad there's never anything there. :whip:

gambitguru
09-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Hey Guys, how's everyone been doing? Need some help with wave 4 and gold coined figures. So if anyone sees some extras think of me. I'm starting to hit stores again, been busy like hell at work. What else is new though. Good seeing a few of you at the Burbank Tar, too bad there's never anything there. :whip:

hey hows it going turbo, long time no hear. its good to see your getting back in the game. ill keep an eye out, but havent seen any yet at retail.

BlueSnags
09-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Picked up the 5 new Star Tours figures at Disneyland this past weekend - Darth Goofy, Mickey Luke, Princess Minnie, Donald Solo and Emperor Stitch. Pretty cool!:thumbsup:

-Snags

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Evil Rock Target had Legends Boba Fett - a kid got it, good for him! Other than that, a whole lotta nuthin' going on.
Hey Guys, how's everyone been doing? Need some help with wave 4 and gold coined figures. So if anyone sees some extras think of me. I'm starting to hit stores again, been busy like hell at work. What else is new though. Good seeing a few of you at the Burbank Tar, too bad there's never anything there. :whip:Welcome back Turbo, where you been since SDCC? (Besides hanging out with Deoxy)

figrin bran
09-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Evil Rock Target had Legends Boba Fett - a kid got it, good for him!

All they seem to get at that store are Legends wave 2! :mad:

stillakid
09-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Picked up the 5 new Star Tours figures at Disneyland this past weekend - Darth Goofy, Mickey Luke, Princess Minnie, Donald Solo and Emperor Stitch. Pretty cool!:thumbsup:

-Snags

You got pix?

Commtech
09-07-2007, 01:59 AM

What?!! Go find your own toys Mister!! Busy at work? Priorities man, priorities. What's most important: Feeding your family or buying your toys?! :D

Will keep an eye out there for ya! :thumbsup:

Turbowars
09-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Evil Rock Target had Legends Boba Fett - a kid got it, good for him! Other than that, a whole lotta nuthin' going on.Welcome back Turbo, where you been since SDCC? (Besides hanging out with Deoxy)
Just working my butt off. The construction company that I work for made me a foreman and gave me a job to run and let me tell you it's a pain in the rear. I'm learning how unreliable people really are. I get to hand out pink slips soon, so it will all be over in about 2 weeks and then it all starts over again.

Man, my wife and I had a blast hanging out with Deoxy at the SDCC! She's one of the coolest chicks I have ever meet! We went to DL and we all hung out last weekend. Lots of fun. Got to love her:love::thumbsup:

Turbowars
09-07-2007, 02:15 AM
What?!! Go find your own toys Mister!! Busy at work? Priorities man, priorities. What's most important: Feeding your family or buying your toys?! :D

Will keep an eye out there for ya! :thumbsup:
Damn I just got a beat down by Commtech!:whip:

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 03:29 AM
Just working my butt off. The construction company that I work for made me a foreman and gave me a job to run and let me tell you it's a pain in the rear. I'm learning how unreliable people really are. I get to hand out pink slips soon, so it will all be over in about 2 weeks and then it all starts over again. Kicked ya up the ladder, did they? Sounds like a lot of antifun. But hey, at least someone's getting fired for their incompetence, that's gotta be rewarding. :D

Man, my wife and I had a blast hanging out with Deoxy at the SDCC! She's one of the coolest chicks I have ever meet! We went to DL and we all hung out last weekend. Lots of fun. Got to love her:love::thumbsup:Yeah, she's awesome, I had a great time with her & Figgy B at lunch and at the misnamed SW spectacular at SDCC (Tycho was there too... ;)). Sorry I didn't get to hang with ya after the insanity of the Hasbro panel, but it was cool to meet & greet even if only for a few mins.

DL = disneyland? She didn't mention that! She mentioned the heat in Burbank. :p Glad you guys had a good time.

Damn I just got a beat down by Commtech!:whip:Yeah, he schooled you! :D

BlueSnags
09-08-2007, 12:16 PM
You got pix?

Stilla,

Here's a good pic (not mine, but you'll get the idea):

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/IMG_2754.jpg

-Snags

CrunchyNug
09-08-2007, 12:41 PM
To my surprise, I found several of these at Disneyland on Thursday. The only problem was that ALL the cards were bent and totally worn. I asked if they had any more in the back, but was denied.

My little cousin got a few (to open), but I passed. I did get a stormtrooper T-shirt for me and a plush Jedi Mickey for my little one. Happiest place on Earth? You decide...

Commtech
09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
According to Plumber Bob, who I just saw at Burbank TRU, Gold coins were present today at Burbank Target. None of the regular star wars collectors were there today, so him and Jackie Chan got the precious coins!!

figrin bran
09-08-2007, 06:40 PM
La Brea Target restocked...but with more Legends wave 2. The only good thing was that El Puerco wasn't there so I was finally able to get one of the Batmobiles.

Los Feliz TRU put out the new GH sets - I picked up the AT-AT Driver and Duros sets. They also put out new Cars diecasts. All the new ones have a sticker over the barcode. On another board, I had heard that the DCPI's for them were being changed so the stickers appear to be the precursor for changing the SKU's and DCPI's.

Commtech
09-08-2007, 07:41 PM
La Brea Target restocked...but with more Legends wave 2. The only good thing was that El Puerco wasn't there so I was finally able to get one of the Batmobiles.

Hey Fig: A friend of mine who goes there too, told me there were also gold coins today at La Brea Target at opening. Are you sure those weren't there today?

figrin bran
09-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Hey Fig: A friend of mine who goes there too, told me there were also gold coins today at La Brea Target at opening. Are you sure those weren't there today?

Well, I didn't get there until around 8:20 am this morning. There were no remnants whatsoever of any wave 4 figures, only Legends wave 2. Maybe in 20 minutes, they sold out of everything?

stillakid
09-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, I didn't get there until around 8:20 am this morning. There were no remnants whatsoever of any wave 4 figures, only Legends wave 2. Maybe in 20 minutes, they sold out of everything?

Of course not. That's ridiculous. They didn't "sell out" til hours later after the employees cleared the shelves, punched off the clock, and then purchased their booty. :) The stuff was gone in minutes, but technically it takes hours to actually "sell out."

BlueSnags
09-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Picked up all of Wave 5 (plus openers) at Walmart earlier today!:laugh:

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-09-2007, 01:18 AM

-Snags

Sonnava*****!!

BlueSnags
09-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Sonnava*****!!

First reported retail find in the country!:whip:

-Snags

Commtech
09-09-2007, 01:57 AM

-Snags

I saw those today at Frank and Son's, but the only dealer who had them said he got them from overseas (of course, never believe a dealer).
Which Walmart did you find them, Snags?

BlueSnags
09-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Found 'em in Valencia.

-Snags

Navtek
09-09-2007, 02:44 AM
San Diego Walmart (Aero) got at least 7 cases of wave 5 last night according to an employee I know at the store. Of course by the time I got there today, all I managed to score was a single Yoda & Kybuck. What a letdown. Looks like I'll be up early tomorrow.

gambitguru
09-09-2007, 03:25 AM
i went to vegas this weekend and saw/picked up a case of wave 5r1 at a supercenter walmart. i was surprise to see it there. i took no prisoners. no new transformers though

K M Toydarian
09-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Looks like Wal-Mart has ordered big recently. Valencia had w4 a couple weeks ago en masse and now wave 5. Ordered 2 cases from EE so I'm set, but cool to see new figures out there!
BTW, picked up the 5 Disney Star Tours figures from Star Trader, Disneyland on Wed. Was working down there so I got a 1 hour shopping pass. Rode the ride and got the figures - excellent lunch break!
Also bought another Vader coin album for 3 bucks in Anaheim to house extras and coin flip sides. Nothing new there though.

Jango Speck
09-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Based on Snags' tip, I just got back from a late night WM run (4 stores). Zip, Zilch, Nada- as usual. I don't think I've ever been lucky at the Super WM- that and the Kelly Parkway store never stock SW. I did find a 20th Anniv. Optimus for $40- pass. Also found one of those GI Joe anniversary multipacks (with the flip top), where some douche swapped out all of the Cobra figures (destro, baroness, commander, etc.) with other random Joe figs. Really stupid since when you lift the flap, it shows you in huge print and images what figures are supposed to be inside.

Navtek
09-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Just hit Wally's Clairemont Mesa in SD this morning and found two Hermi Odle's and and Yoda & Kybuck. I guess we are already figuring out the pegwarmer of this wave is going to be. Grabbed the HO's for Tycho...

orionlukteel
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
i went to vegas this weekend and saw/picked up a case of wave 5r1 at a supercenter walmart. i was surprise to see it there. i took no prisoners. no new transformers though

I didn't know we were at war.:D

Remember which Wal-Mart? PM me, the ones on my side of town either didn't stock or were the store you hit. :cross-eye

And around here you have to go to K-Mart to get the dregs of the new Transformer waves.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled L.A. Just Found thread.

Kidhuman
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
I can not believe you guys are finding wave 5 when I havent even found a damn legends figure in my area yet.

Commtech
09-09-2007, 08:23 PM
I did find a 20th Anniv. Optimus for $40- pass.

What?!!:shocked: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Next time anyone finds an Anniversary Prime at that price, please stash it or buy for me!!!!

tom brokaw
09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
hi guys im looking to trade for a pepsi prime.

up for trades:
mcquarrie vader
" chewbacca (i have both silver and gold coin)
" boba fett
" stormtrooper
yoda on kybuck
animated boba fett (i have both silver and gold coin)
gold coin airborne trooper
roron corobb
anakin with the tattooed chest
hermi odle
darth malak
darth revan
pre cyborg grievous
(transformers)
recon barricade
long arm
payload
dropkick
titanium megs
cybertron megs
universe steamhammer
rescue ratchet

wants:
pepsi optimus prime

Jango Speck
09-10-2007, 01:25 AM
hi guys im looking to trade for a pepsi prime.

wants:
pepsi optimus prime

WTF? Are you referring to the item I mentioned in my last post?

tom brokaw
09-10-2007, 01:40 AM
no, im looking for a pepsi optimus prime.

Jango Speck
09-10-2007, 01:46 AM

OK, since I have no idea what that is...good luck.

Commtech
09-10-2007, 01:56 AM

PM sent! :thumbsup:

Tycho
09-10-2007, 05:01 AM
I just got back from Las Vegas. My nights and days are screwed up again (that town will do it if any place does) so I think I'll hit my 24 hour Wal-Mart and see what I can come up with. Thanks Navtek. I can't wait to see the figures!

Anyway, it was a crazy weekend that finished with the Chargers 14, Bears 3. After all the Chicago fans on my plane wearing their jerseys flew into town for the first game of the season, I'm glad we gave them a warm San Diego welcome! Hehehe.

I guess that was worth missing some toy shopping time for.

BlueSnags
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
SWS.com Exclusive Concept Grievous is up:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414198&category_id=&pcid1=&pcid2=

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414198&category_id=&pcid1=&pcid2=

-Snags

Anybody want to combine orders to save on shipping?

EDIT: Nevermind, I pulled the trigger because I was seeing "Out Of Stock" messages, then it came back in.

gambitguru
09-10-2007, 01:37 PM

-Snags

thanks, wow the price is kind of high came out to around $27 total with shipping

Sean the Hutt
09-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Go Chargers!!!
It was a sloppy game, but a win is a win.
I'm coming back down to San Diego in a few weeks...can't wait to enjoy the games in my home town
Better star wars finds too. Everything in Canada is hard to find and over priced!

Jango Speck
09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I need to order a bunch of hasbro cases for waves 5, 6, etc. Any ideas/rumors about when hasbrotoyshop might offer a discount or free shipping?

Tycho
09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Everything in Canada is hard to find and over priced!

Not the girls-turned-porn-stars, though. So I hear, anyway. I must take a trip to Vancouver to investigate this for myself someday. :D

But yeah, the Chargers came through, albeit kind of haphazzardly and late. It was defense's game for both teams for a while, really. Tomlinson was guarded by the Bears on every play. Gates played a nice game for SD.

Ummm - the only thing this has to do with toys is "why I was not in a store looking for wave 5 the other day."

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Burbank Fry's had a TAC Stormtrooper package that someone had returned with a slightly yellowed VOTC Stormtrooper, no blaster.

Jango Speck
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Burbank Fry's had a TAC Stormtrooper package that someone had returned with a slightly yellowed VOTC Stormtrooper, no blaster.

Yeah, I saw that one about 2-3 weeks ago.

Commtech
09-10-2007, 10:19 PM

That used to p!$$ me off when I saw stuff like that. Now I just laugh. I feel pity for those poor bastards.:D

figrin bran
09-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I bought one of the concept Grievous figures this morning as well.

Tycho, we do have plenty of NFL threads on this board. You're more than welcome to join us there :p

Sean the Hutt
09-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Tycho, Vancouver rocks!...the girls are definately babes, I spend half the year here I like it so much. Let me know if you are headed up this way. I'll let you know whats what in town
I still like San Diego, but Vancouver is really nice....found some y wings up here today too, wonder of all wonders.
by the way have you seen the new cantina figures in san diego yet? I am hoping they will be hanging around until I get down there in a few weeks.

tom brokaw
09-11-2007, 12:46 AM
awesome trading commtech, awesome figure!

Commtech
09-11-2007, 12:56 AM
No problem man! I'm very happy with the trade too!:thumbsup:

Tycho
09-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Tycho, Vancouver rocks!...the girls are definately babes, I spend half the year here I like it so much. Let me know if you are headed up this way. I'll let you know whats what in town

Sounds like a plan. I'll cancel my plans to go with John Mark Carr and Mr. McClellan to Thailand ;)

by the way have you seen the new cantina figures in san diego yet? I am hoping they will be hanging around until I get down there in a few weeks

Well, they're not hanging. That's for sure. They sold waaaaay fast. Wal-Mart Aero Drive got them in (heard all the Wal-Marts did, but I didn't need more than I found right there). And not only Wave 4 has been in there, but Wave 5 as well. Target has not gotten theirs at all yet to my knowledge, but I don't hunt too much as there are not a lot of figures I need.

I'm going out a little. I still want:

5 CZ-4's (haven't seen any yet)
1 C-3PO / Salacious
1 Rorron Corab (Ithorian Jedi)
1 Leia Starkiller or whatever she's called (maybe - and maybe more)
1 Pre-Cyborg Grievous (maybe)

and I think I'm good. From Wave 6, I only want Han and maybe 2 Landos.

Other than that, I keep an eye on the Transformers, but I really am not looking for many toys, so you don't see me in the isles that often. When I need other stuff from the store (today I got toilet paper at Target!!!!) I try to go at hunting time.

Sean the Hutt
09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
don't give up on Thailand...Vancouver can wait!...Heck I'll go to Thailand with you guys but maybe we are on the wrong site to talk about that stuff...I used to live in Amsterdam. For about 3 years...that was a party
too bad about the cantina figs. I'll see if some friends or family can hunt a couple pair down. I live up in the Escondido area

Jango Speck
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Enough with the perv talk guys- let's get back to our local topic.

Sean the Hutt
09-12-2007, 02:48 AM
hey man I'm no perv...but ok, whatever. while we are at it lets reset this forum, its time!

Jango Speck
09-12-2007, 03:08 AM
hey man I'm no perv...but ok, whatever. while we are at it lets reset this forum, its time!

Well, based on your last few exchanges, it was getting kind of creepy. Anyway, there's no need to reset the forum, we were doing just fine before you started booking your asian sex tour. :rolleyes:

Sean the Hutt
09-12-2007, 04:38 AM
whatever dude I really did not go there if you reread my post, thanks for chasing a long time member away...I've never been to asia or a sex tour...and because I lived in Am'dam does mean anything either, If you want to be a rude and insult me whatever, get a life...
I was trying to stear away from the topic if you did not notice,
I don't like being called a perv or any such thing by someone who does not know me. I imagine you would not like it either, now can we drop it? maybe? have a good day

Jango Speck
09-12-2007, 11:20 AM
:rolleyes:

Didn't mean to offend you man, just trying to steer things back to the sunny side. And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

toonimator
09-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Picked up another Stormie and (finally) an AAT this morning in Burbank. Suddenly a lot of space on the Comic Pack pegs... hope this time they won't just get more Wave 2 in!

stillakid
09-12-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't like being called a perv or any such thing by someone who does not know me.

I understand that. I prefer being called a perv by people who know me. :yes:

Sean the Hutt
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
hey if you know me call me what you will..lol
mo worries, happy hunting

CrunchyNug
09-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Stopped by Burbank TRU this morning and saw Plumber Bob & Dirty Sanchez. They were walking out empty handed, but I guess they skipped the Cars section cuz I found the new 2-packs...Mia & Tia as well as Mr. & Mrs. The King. I couldn't pass those up.

Went to Loz Feliz TRU on my lunch break and found a mint Animated Fett just hanging around. Couldn't pass him up. There were about 5 cases of Interceptors as well.

gambitguru
09-12-2007, 08:10 PM
found a lone mcquarrie boba, box is a kind of beat up but the price i believe is 11.99 if anybody want him he is at the EE show room in noho.

Commtech
09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
found a lone mcquarrie boba, box is a kind of beat up but the price i believe is 11.99 if anybody want him he is at the EE show room in noho.

not willing to drive to EE, but out of curiosity, is it a gold coin McFett or regular?

gambitguru
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
not willing to drive to EE, but out of curiosity, is it a gold coin McFett or regular?

yea it is a regular coin.

Sean the Hutt
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
my friend hooked me up with kitik keed kak, labria, the kabe pack and something else I can't remember right now. What wave is this? I'm glad to have them but they are unexpected...anyway they were found at wal mart in poway

K M Toydarian
09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
my friend hooked me up with kitik keed kak, labria, the kabe pack and something else I can't remember right now. What wave is this? I'm glad to have them but they are unexpected...anyway they were found at wal mart in poway

Those plus Aura Sing repaint and Purple Mace R2 unit were a Wal-Mart exclusive wave earlier this year. I never found the R2 or Aura around here, but did get the other 3.
Burbank TRU had, about an hour ago, one Tie Interceptor and Hoth Galactic Heroes set up on the top shelf way in the middle. Could barely see the ship. Really wanted the Naboo Heroes set, but no dice. Lot's of Ep 2/3 legend clones (white). Picked up a bag of little Vader Heads filled w/ candy at Target Halloween shop. 7.99 for 20 or so. Really cute.

figrin bran
09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I got the Animated Fetts and Umpass Stay that I had ordered from Amazon.com last week. I got extras of the Fetts to cover the $25 for free shipping and also in hopes one of them might turn out to be an UGH. well as is typical with me, all were regulars.

mark2d2
09-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Toys R Us Los Feliz had a TON of TIE INTERCEPTORS on the upper shelf and a ton of both Galactic heros set. A Whole case of the Naboo set was up high and there were plenty on the shelf. They also had a lot of those "wheel" promo things.

No figures of basic 3 3/4 interest though.

Strangely, not a single Y-wing was in sight either.

Kidhuman
09-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I did the same FB, got two Fetts to cover the shipping, but also ordered Elis Herlot and Umpass Stay. I got the Gold Coin Fetts though.

Just kidding. Regular coins

stillakid
09-13-2007, 12:40 AM
What? The gold coins are special? I've just been throwing them all away. :sur:

figrin bran
09-13-2007, 01:13 AM
I did the same FB, got two Fetts to cover the shipping, but also ordered Elis Herlot and Umpass Stay. I got the Gold Coin Fetts though.

Just kidding. Regular coins

Why you!!! Go back to your VA finds thread! :p

I opened up Umpass and am really impressed. Great sculpt despite the preposed legs.

gambitguru
09-13-2007, 01:18 AM
stashed animated boba silver coin pm me for details

CrunchyNug
09-13-2007, 02:46 AM
I would love some details. PM sent!!!

Jango Speck
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Received my box of Concept Grievous figures this morning. Very nice! :thumbsup:

K M Toydarian
09-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Stopped by TRU Los Feliz at opening. Got a Naboo GH set, thanks for the heads up mark2d2.
They did have Y-wings this morning though, at least 10. At the front of the store to the left is a special Star Wars section. Y-Wing is now 34.99. What gives? I opted against it in protest. Couldn't justify it, as all the upcoming stuff is more tempting. At 30 I was all set to get it, but now I'll wait.
I saw that Wheel of figures item, but it rang up 3.99 and I was told it was not a giveaway or anything.
I imagine it will be free with the next ad cycle, but right now, not, just like the free holo figures used to ring up 9.99 until the promo started.

Kidhuman
09-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Stopped by TRU Los Feliz at opening. Got a Naboo GH set, thanks for the heads up mark2d2.
They did have Y-wings this morning though, at least 10. At the front of the store to the left is a special Star Wars section. Y-Wing is now 34.99. What gives? I opted against it in protest. Couldn't justify it, as all the upcoming stuff is more tempting. At 30 I was all set to get it, but now I'll wait.
I saw that Wheel of figures item, but it rang up 3.99 and I was told it was not a giveaway or anything.
I imagine it will be free with the next ad cycle, but right now, not, just like the free holo figures used to ring up 9.99 until the promo started.

I went to TRU.com(closest one is about 50 miles away) yesterday to order the Y-Wing and Naboo set and the price was jacked u p on the Y-wing there also. I opted against it as with shipping it came to 80 bucks for both. Too damn much IMO.

gambitguru
09-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Received my box of Concept Grievous figures this morning. Very nice! :thumbsup:

got mines as well this afternoon

went to target on balboa. i found a stash of animated boba silver/gold coin hope it wasnt for one of you guys.

TF no new dexluxe/voyagers. picked up an ultra magnus war withing titanium.

went to target corbin. nothing new

Chaddymac
09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I went to TRU.com(closest one is about 50 miles away) yesterday to order the Y-Wing and Naboo set and the price was jacked u p on the Y-wing there also. I opted against it as with shipping it came to 80 bucks for both. Too damn much IMO.
I bought the Y-Wing last weekend and I will say that the deco is better than the last few releases and they finally fixed the landing gear problem. Plus, you get two figures on top of the ship. I think that's just about justified.

K M Toydarian
09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
I bought the Y-Wing last weekend and I will say that the deco is better than the last few releases and they finally fixed the landing gear problem. Plus, you get two figures on top of the ship. I think that's just about justified.

I will say, the Y-wing is still a comparable deal. 20 dollar ship and 2 - 7.5 dollar figures. I just think I can hold off, as all my vehicles are loose, and I probably won't enjoy it ehough. The at-ap , the hyperring starfighter , grevious's ship are all musts and probably the clone wars arc though. Gotta start saving the pennies. Sideshow has taken a lot of my Hasbro money too.

stillakid
09-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I went to TRU.com(closest one is about 50 miles away)

TRU.com is fifty miles away? I just have to type it into my internet browser and it pops right up! :yes:

Kidhuman
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
TRU.com is fifty miles away? I just have to type it into my internet browser and it pops right up! :yes:

You must be having that high speed stuff they talk about these days. :laugh:

mark2d2
09-13-2007, 10:20 PM

Glad to help. I wonder if I just missed the whole special section up front or if it wasn't there yet. Anyway, I am glad I picked up the Y-wing for the earlier price. It's a pretty amazing toy and the droid is truly well done.

PS --- Yeah, I paid for that blasted wheel which seemed ludicrous, but I somehow really just wanted it. So I grabbed one anyway.

figrin bran
09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I got my concept Grievous in the mail as well.

stillakid
09-13-2007, 10:27 PM
You must be having that high speed stuff they talk about these days. :laugh:

Well, me and Ned were talkin' down at the Five and Dime 'bout dem newfangled gizmos de got down there up the road a piece. Ol' Mabel on the switchboard was jabberin on about somethin called "the internets." Guess she heard about that Ol' Henry's girl that was up in the city tryin out for some damn Ms. South Carolina er sumthin. Anyways, she was a good girl and let everbody out in the city know about how we need maps down 'ere. So I let Rod, over at the shop, know sos he could get that pickup of his fixed up sos he could git those maps over to the skool. It's a good thing Mabel has one of them internets else we wouldn't have herd about Henry's little girl and we'd just have a big pile a maps just sittin in a pile waitin to get wet!

CrunchyNug
09-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Cue banjo music...Yeeeee Haw!!!

BlueSnags
09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Got my two Concept Grievouses in the mail today as well. Cool figure.:thumbsup:

-Snags

CrunchyNug
09-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I went to WM today and found several cases of TAC w5 (minus McVader). When I got home, there was another case from EE on my doorstep that was full of Saga Legends w3. Here's my favorites for the day.

K M Toydarian
09-14-2007, 02:59 AM
I went to WM today and found several cases of TAC w5 (minus McVader). When I got home, there was another case from EE on my doorstep that was full of Saga Legends w3. Here's my favorites for the day.

Great find! Is the Darktrooper a gold coin or is that just the flash? If it is gold, Is it a Fan's Choice thing maybe, meaning they will all be like that or can we expect not to find him very often because of variations.

EDIT: A quick search on ebay answered my question. It was Fan's Choice #1 I see. However, alot of the auctions describe it as an UGH, so I am sure it is scalper bait for reasons other than a cool figure.

Jango Speck
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Burbank Targets pegs are looking mighty empty- maybe we'll get a big replenishment soon. It would be nice to see some new battlepacks soon. If anyone wants to army build AOTC clones or ROTS clones, TRU is loaded to the gills. I'm so tempted. Does anyone remember what articulation is on those guys? Is the ROTS the #41 mold?

So it looks like New Force Collectibles might not be getting any more wave 4 pre-orders filled. If any of you guys find a mint carded CZ4 or Concept Vader, please grab/stash for me. You're my only hope...

Funny Money
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi gang, I have been out of town for 4 weeks! The travel was insane but I did find most of the new stuff. Still need a CZ-4 and Malak, and McVader... Please stash.

I hit TRU La Cienega at 10am. Nothing new as far as SW. One side note,.. at opening there was only one other guy checking the SW stuff while on his cell phone,.. Leonardo DiCaprio. Kind of weird. I thought he was selling off his stuff a year ago. I didn't say anything to him, like I mentioned, he was on his cell. Just thought you guys over in Burbank would enjoy a story not involving Plumber Bob or Headphones attacking the pegs!..lollollol:D;)

toonimator
09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Burbank Targets pegs are looking mighty empty- maybe we'll get a big replenishment soon. It would be nice to see some new battlepacks soon. If anyone wants to army build AOTC clones or ROTS clones, TRU is loaded to the gills. I'm so tempted. Does anyone remember what articulation is on those guys? Is the ROTS the #41 mold?
Yes, the ROTS Legends clone is #41. It IS tempting! I wish they did the clean white SA clones back in 2005... I hate having to scrape off the uniform 'dirt' from those if I wanna paint 'em up into something else.

I hit Target as well, got there a minute after opening and saw Plumber Bob and JodyB walking out, so I just parked on the other side to get groceries. Had to swing by the SW section, of course. :) Some redshirt was in there scanning pegs near SW, not sure if he scanned any of those however... only two Saga Legends remaining, Obi and BD-3PO, so I relocated 'em to their rightful--and empty for several weeks--pegs yet again. Glutton for punishment... moving Burbank Target's pitiful bunch of Legends to their proper pegs every day is my own 'pushing a boulder up a hill' hell, I suppose. Funny how all that stuff vanished. Did someone splurge yesterday (and hopefully returned 'em to Headphones' haunt)? Curious. Too bad it wasn't all those Maces that vanished... those guys aren't ever leaving it seems. Comic Packs are ready for more, too. Surprising. Hopefully they'll get some Wave 3, instead of just more Wave 2 like last week. BPs got replenished, but only the same Tantive/Geo/Dagobah sets (not that I'm itching to pick up the repacked Jedi Vs. Sith sets or anything, but at least they're new...ish).

Chaddymac
09-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi gang, I have been out of town for 4 weeks! The travel was insane but I did find most of the new stuff. Still need a CZ-4 and Malak, and McVader... Please stash.

I hit TRU La Cienega at 10am. Nothing new as far as SW. One side note,.. at opening there was only one other guy checking the SW stuff while on his cell phone,.. Leonardo DiCaprio. Kind of weird. I thought he was selling off his stuff a year ago. I didn't say anything to him, like I mentioned, he was on his cell. Just thought you guys over in Burbank would enjoy a story not involving Plumber Bob or Headphones attacking the pegs!..lollollol:D;)
Once an addict, always an addict...

Jango Speck
09-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Maybe Leo is still feeling jealous that he didn't get to play teenage Anakin, so he's buying figures to customize. :D

Funny Money
09-14-2007, 02:55 PM
lolI wanted to rip open a POTC Black Pearl, stand on the tiny bow with him holding my waist and scream,.. "I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!"..... BTW he bought 8 Wii Systems and paid for them with a bag full of '77 vinyl caped jawas!!!lol;)

Jango Speck
09-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Is that true, that the store had Wii systems in stock?

Funny Money
09-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Is that true, that the store had Wii systems in stock?

No,.. just a joke. Sorry. BTW, are you still looking for a Cars Yeti?

But he does pay for everything in vinyl caped jawas!

Jango Speck
09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
No,.. just a joke. Sorry. BTW, are you still looking for a Cars Yeti?

But he does pay for everything in vinyl caped jawas!

Yes sir, I still need Yeti.

Jango Speck
09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Just got my shipping notice from NFC that wave 5 is on its way- I guess I'm not getting wave 4 then. :mad:

MicroJow
09-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Found remains of Legends Wave 3 at Target this morning. The pegs are so packed with TAC Wave 2 that these figures (red clone commander and Obi Wan) were laid down on top of the lightsabers.

- J

Vi Cit Tecum
09-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Got out of work early yesterday and picked up UGH boba, Chewie and reg Boba. passed on UGH airborne in O'side TRU.

Kidhuman
09-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Just got my shipping notice from NFC that wave 5 is on its way- I guess I'm not getting wave 4 then. :mad:

When did you order yours? Just curious because I havent gotten a shipping notice yet for my wave 5 from them

figrin bran
09-14-2007, 10:34 PM
When did you order yours? Just curious because I havent gotten a shipping notice yet for my wave 5 from them

KH, I got my shipping notice from them today for Wave 5. My original order was placed on 6/8.

Jango Speck
09-15-2007, 01:20 AM

6/8/07 11:53pm.

Kidhuman
09-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I ordered mine on the 30th of June, so I will probably be awhile. Thanks for the info

stillakid
09-15-2007, 10:28 AM
I found the YWing, TIE Interceptor, and two comic packs (Luke and Vader) yesterday afternoon at TRU on Topanga.

Also received a box from EE that had Wave 4:

#22 - M'iiyoom Onith
#23 - Elis Herlot
#24 - Animated Debut: Boba Fett(from Holiday Special)
#25 - Luke Skywalker(Jedi)
#26 - CZ-3
#27 - Umpass Stay
#28 - Concept Darth Vader (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series)

The kids are enjoying putting the coins into the coin book. :) I wish I would have done this back in 1983 when ROTJ figures had coins.

Is anyone else finding it difficult to keep up with what is being released from Hasbro and when? I miss the days of one "line" being released in waves. What do we have going now? 30th Anniversaries, Comic Packs, Legends, vehicles, etc. Anything else to look for? And Exclusives are an extra pain.

Funny Money
09-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Stashed two UGH Gold Coin Animated Boba Fetts and one UGH Gold Coin McChewie at Target Culver City. (Fett & Chewie in one hidding place, the 2nd Fett is in another stash location)
PM me for location,..

La Cienega Target -zero... Can't find CZ-4, Malak, or McVader!!! Please HELP!

BlueSnags
09-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Got my shipment of 4 Holiday Bobas from amazon yesterday - all four were UGHs!:laugh:

If anyone has an extra UGH R2 or UGH Galactic Marine and wants to trade, shoot me a PM.

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Stashed two UGH Gold Coin Animated Boba Fetts and one UGH Gold Coin McChewie at Target Culver City. (Fett & Chewie in one hidding place, the 2nd Fett is in another stash location)
PM me for location,..

La Cienega Target -zero... Can't find CZ-4, Malak, or McVader!!! Please HELP!

Malak? Are you finding wave 5 at retail? If so, please stash some for me!

darkagent
09-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Found remnants of Wave 5 at Walmart this morning. Stopped by Los Feliz TRU and ran into Figran. :)

Has anyone been able to find Wave 4 at retail that's not the UGH Airbourne Trooper, UGH Animated Boba and UGH McChewie revision?

CrunchyNug
09-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Has anyone been able to find Wave 4 at retail that's not the UGH Airbourne Trooper, UGH Animated Boba and UGH McChewie revision?

Don't think so, but sounds it sounds like Stillkid got the straight w4 case, no UGH's, from EE.

stillakid
09-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Don't think so, but sounds it sounds like Stillkid got the straight w4 case, no UGH's, from EE.

The case also had two regular Stormtroopers and one of the Rebel guard guys. Maybe somebody else but I can't remember.

What's an UGH?

Kidhuman
09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
UGH(Ultimate Galactic Hunt) figs have the gold coins in them

Jango Speck
09-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks to FunnyMoney for hooking me up with "Cars" Yeti today.

Funny Money
09-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks to FunnyMoney for hooking me up with "Cars" Yeti today.

No problem, nice to put a face with an avatar!

figrin bran
09-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't know if it was worth the trouble but I have a wave 4 Luke stashed at Glendale Target and a TF Payload stashed at Los Feliz TRU.

Good to see you at TRU this morning darkagent!

At that store, I managed to get 2 of the 3 JLU sets that I was missing. I still need Barda/Deadshot though.

Funny Money
09-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Stashed two UGH Gold Coin Animated Boba Fetts and one UGH Gold Coin McChewie at Target Culver City...

Claimed

Zero at TRU La Cienega, TRU CC had only Rancor Luke and Jabba drummer guy by the time Chaddymac and I arrived at 10:15. Still need CZ-4, McVader, and Malak... Please stash.:love:

figrin bran
09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
CrunchyNug, the G1 Jazz that I stashed at La Brea Target on 9/4 is still there.

LMK if you want it

Jango Speck
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I've got extra carded TAC figures that are going back to the store unless someone here is interested:

(2) carded TAC Jawas
(10) carded TAC Stormtroopers

I'll hold off for a few days, but will probably return them by Wednesday (or whenever my receipts expire).

Jango Speck
09-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Burbank TRU has the y-wing and tie interceptor. Some are up top, but boxes tend to be a bit smashed in places.

I cleared out 6 Legends ROTS clones- let's hope they get replaced with wave 4/5 figs.

They also had the new "Cars" 2 packs, but I only want Tongue McQueen, so I don't need the two-pack.

CrunchyNug
09-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Burbank TRU has the y-wing and tie interceptor. Some are up top, but boxes tend to be a bit smashed in places.

Do you know if they raised the price on the Y-Wing up to $34.99?

Turbowars
09-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Do you know if they raised the price on the Y-Wing up to $34.99?I guess so, that's what I paid last night. What was it before?

Kidhuman
09-16-2007, 11:39 PM
24.99 was the previous price at TRU's.

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 12:08 AM
24.99 was the previous price at TRU's.

No, I thought these only went up $5, not $10. I paid $34.99 plus tax.

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Saga Legends Clone Commander up NOW!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=364&ID=19379

P.S. Use the "catweb10" discount.

CrunchyNug
09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
What was it before?

Y-Wing WAS $29.99 and Interceptor was $34.99. Now they're BOTH $34.99.

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
NFC just cancelled all outstanding wave 4 pre-orders. :cry:

If any of you can help me out when you find CZ4 or Concept Vader, I'd be very grateful- and as always, I'll try to help you with your acquisitions.

toonimator
09-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Burbank Target had a bunch of G1 Jazz, but that was it for TF. SW section's still very empty of basics & comics, but I guess some returns are trickling in since yesterday had a beat-up Jedi Luke--gone now--and today had a lone Elis Helrot. Still only a BD 3PO for Legends, and gray stickers on the pegs.

BlueSnags
09-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Just ordered the following from HasbroToyShop:

Saga Legends Clone Commanders
Saga Legends Darktroopers
Saga Legends Pit Droids
Saga Legends Yellow Clone Troopers

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Darktrooper and others up now:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=19378&PG=1

MicroJow
09-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow! Thanks for the heads-up! I used that "catweb10" promo code and got 10% off as well!

Now if they'd only make McQuarrie Vader and CZ-4 available... ;)

- J

stillakid
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Darktrooper and others up now:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=19378&PG=1

Awesome, thanks! I got my two and now it looks like they're sold out already. What, do they only stock ten of these things at a time?

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
There were a lot of them for about an hour, but everyone wanted to build little armies (hasbro didn't put limits on these)- so they ran out. I'm sure they'll go back up again later.

BlueSnags
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
There were over 400 Darktroopers at one point, but they all sold out within an hour. Pretty crazy...

-Snags

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I had 2 darktroopers in my cart, hit go to check out and they werre gone. Un freakin real.

Tycho
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
There were over 400 Darktroopers at one point, but they all sold out within an hour. Pretty crazy...

-Snags

How can you tell there were over 400 Dark Troopers? Did you have 400 in your cart? Or did you have 400 browser screens open?

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
How can you tell there were over 400 Dark Troopers? Did you have 400 in your cart? Or did you have 400 browser screens open?

I thought everyone understood this concept by now:

Put a large number in your cart and checkout. If you've exceeded the limit, the checkout page will tell you. If it allows you to checkout, you haven't reached the limit. So, start with an insane number, then keep trying with smaller numbers until you narrow it down to the exact limit.

Tycho
09-17-2007, 08:32 PM
OK, I guess if it's important to you to get that information.

I just put in my cart what I intend to buy. The last time I got multiples was 6 DSTs when wave 2 was new.

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Tycho,

We only do it to guage how fast these sell out- and to judge whether or not there's an urgency to buying them in the morning versus later in the day (bad idea to wait). It helps by letting us tip each other off about the availability- and some of us are army builders, or like to buy multiples to save on shipping and sell to other forum members who don't have time to get online during a workday.

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Tycho,

We only do it to guage how fast these sell out- and to judge whether or not there's an urgency to buying them in the morning versus later in the day (bad idea to wait). It helps by letting us tip each other off about the availability- and some of us are army builders, or like to buy multiples to save on shipping and sell to other forum members who don't have time to get online during a workday.

With this being said, if and when McVader goes on sale, I work during the day between 9-5:30 EST and have no internet access at these times. I would appreciate it if someone can order me one and I can PM them my shipping addy if need be. I am good for the funds as I have traded with quite a few here in this thread if you need feedback from them.

Tycho, Check mailed out today thanks again.

BlueSnags
09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
My HasbroToyShop order shipped already! Pretty fast. Good to see they are on top of things today.:whip:

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
My HasbroToyShop order shipped already! Pretty fast. Good to see they are on top of things today.:whip:

-Snags

Me too. I can't remember, does Hasbro use UPS or USPS?

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Hasbro does first class mail, USPS unless specified for quicker delivery

Jango Speck
09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, although I received shipping emails, the hasbro account page says "partially" with tomorrow's estimated delivery date.

figrin bran
09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I just ordered some Pit Droids and Yellow Clone Officers from HTS. I love it that HTS accepts paypal payments now.

BlueSnags
09-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Darktrooper BACK UP at HTS.com

-Snags

Jango Speck
09-18-2007, 12:21 AM
What is up with Hasbro today- randomly posting new figures at odd times of day, it's driving me nuts- I wish they'd just put everything up at once and leave it until the next day. The people on the east coast are gonna be ****ed!

figrin bran
09-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Darktrooper is sold out again. I wish they'd put up some of those wave 5 and 6 figures soon!

CrunchyNug
09-18-2007, 03:32 AM
HTS has been weird lately with their stuff going up at random times of the day. They've even got McSnowtrooper as "Coming Soon" but not McStarkiller.

Big thanks for the heads up around here lately guys...

Snags for HTS tip
Speck for the Y-Wing
Toonimator for the G1 Jazz

I've spent a lot of $$$ in the last few days.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 04:35 AM
Target Pasadena 1-story had an Elis Helrot on pegs, I bought him. TRU Monrovia had a number of full-price Y-wings. WM Duarte had a huge waste of my time.

Commtech
09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Is the new McVader the same figure as the one in the comic pack with Leia? Thanks.

toonimator
09-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Nope. Comic Pack Vader is how he appears in his own mind, where Yoda encounters him on Dagobah, an 'astral plane' battle of sorts. I've seen a lot of people say they like that figure better as a "McVader" than the actual thing, though! Me, I just think it'd be a great base for some dark-side warriors, or GAG troops and/or Jacen Solo from LOTF.

Jango Speck
09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I saw the comic pack Vader last weekend and the helmet/mask looks a lot like the concept images.

MicroJow
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Warning: Pointless rant to follow.

OK, if I see one more gold coin Fett, Airborne Trooper, or McChewie, I'm gonna throw it on the floor and stomp on it. What the heck was Hasbro thinking?? Replace what is likely to be the MOST POPULAR figure in a wave (McVader) with the UGHs? Haven't they learned anything in the 29 years they've been making Star Wars figures? Why did they need to include another one of those pegwarming Vader with Obi-Wan's cloak figures in this case? Why did they pack in a Stormtrooper instead of CZ-4? ARRRRRGH!!! And why are we getting NOTHING but these "Revision 4" cases here in Los Angeles?!?!?!?!?

End of rant.

- J

Commtech
09-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Nope. Comic Pack Vader is how he appears in his own mind, where Yoda encounters him on Dagobah, an 'astral plane' battle of sorts. I've seen a lot of people say they like that figure better as a "McVader" than the actual thing, though! Me, I just think it'd be a great base for some dark-side warriors, or GAG troops and/or Jacen Solo from LOTF.

Thanks for the info Toon. Very interesting. I don't know anything about the SW comic book stories.
Regarding the mold, is it the same for both figures?

Jango Speck
09-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Warning: Pointless rant to follow.

OK, if I see one more gold coin Fett, Airborne Trooper, or McChewie, I'm gonna throw it on the floor and stomp on it. What the heck was Hasbro thinking?? Replace what is likely to be the MOST POPULAR figure in a wave (McVader) with the UGHs? Haven't they learned anything in the 29 years they've been making Star Wars figures? Why did they need to include another one of those pegwarming Vader with Obi-Wan's cloak figures in this case? Why did they pack in a Stormtrooper instead of CZ-4? ARRRRRGH!!! And why are we getting NOTHING but these "Revision 4" cases here in Los Angeles?!?!?!?!?

End of rant.

- J grab a ugh chewie for me!!

MicroJow
09-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Do you really need an UGH Chewie? If so, let me know - I have one for you!

- J

Jango Speck
09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Do you really need an UGH Chewie? If so, let me know - I have one for you!

- J

Yes please!

toonimator
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the info Toon. Very interesting. I don't know anything about the SW comic book stories.
Regarding the mold, is it the same for both figures?
Not at all. There's a similar LOOK to them, but they're not remotely identical. The helmet of Comic Vader's the only thing really "McQuarrie-esque" about him, but even that's not even close to the actual McVader helmet(s) design.

wampaslayr
09-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Found remnants of Wave 5 at Kelly Johnson Walmart in Valencia yesterday. Found Hermie, Rorron, 3PO, Anakin, and Yoda. Very cool figures! :thumbsup: Valencia Target will be lucky to see any new product this year with the pegs cluttered with nothing but Legends figures. It's pathetic. No other finds in the Valencia area.

Tycho
09-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Nice finds Wampaslyr. You actually got the majority of Wave 5.

You're only missing Concept Leia Starkiller, the two KOTOR Sith Lords, and Pre-Cyborg Grievous.

toonimator
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
WOO HOO! Full pegs at Burbank Target! TONS of Airborne, Yavin Lukes, DSTs, X-wing Big--uh, wait, what?

Yeah, old stuff. Some Obi-Wans, a couple R2s, an SBD... basically everything from wave 1 & 2 but the McQuarries, the Miner, and Han. Many with warped cards.

BlueSnags
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Amazon.com has Wave 6 in stock - just ordered Han Torture Rack, General Lando, General McQuarrie and 4-LOM for $6.99 each - no tax - free shipping with orders over $25 - pretty good deal. (McSnowtrooper already sold out)

-Snags

figrin bran
09-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Amazon.com has Wave 6 in stock - just ordered Han Torture Rack, General Lando, General McQuarrie and 4-LOM for $6.99 each - no tax - free shipping with orders over $25 - pretty good deal. (McSnowtrooper already sold out)

-Snags

I just ordered the same thing! :thumbsup:

I should be getting wave 5 on Friday so that only leaves McSnowtrooper and extras of Starkiller to hunt down

Tycho
09-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Do you think they're really in stock, or that is a mistake?

I put Han and Lando in my shopping cart and then thought better of it. I'm only going to buy those 2 (and 1 each of them - MAYBE 2 Landos) and I'd rather choose my paint jobs in person at a brick n mortar retailer.

I'm not interested in McQuarrie, the Concept Snowtrooper, or 4-LOM at all, so it didn't seem worth it for me to order these. I'll find what I want from this wave without too much trouble.

Thanks for the heads up though, Snags.

Jango Speck
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I couldn't even find those figures on Amazon. How are you guys searching?

BlueSnags
09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
McSnowtrooper was just back in stock for a few seconds. Someone must've cancelled their order. Managed to get an order in for a small squad. Wave 6 - done.:laugh:

-Snags

BlueSnags
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I couldn't even find those figures on Amazon. How are you guys searching?

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Basic-Figure-4-LOM/dp/B000M69K44/ref=sr_1_3/105-2943720-1099614?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190220220&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Figure-Rebel-Trooper-McQuarrie/dp/B000M6CYLU/ref=sr_1_17/105-2943720-1099614?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190220286&sr=1-17

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Basic-Figure-Torture/dp/B000M69K3A/ref=sr_1_1/105-2943720-1099614?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190220369&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Figure-Lando-Smuggler-Outfit/dp/B000M6B41Q/ref=sr_1_1/105-2943720-1099614?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190220424&sr=1-1

Do a search in Toys and Games.

-Snags

Commtech
09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
McSnowtrooper was just back in stock for a few seconds. Someone must've cancelled their order. Managed to get an order in for a small squad. Wave 6 - done.:laugh:

-Snags

can you post that link as well even if it's sold out in case it pops back up? can't seem to find it.

Funny Money
09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks Snags! You rule!

MicroJow
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Here's the Snowtrooper link. If anyone finds it available, order a couple extra for me! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Basic-Figure-McQuarrie-Snowtrooper/dp/B000M6CYLA/ref=pd_ybh_5/002-8540874-0773630?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=159HFS7GDZ4MENS2RJTJ&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_i=ybh

- J

BlueSnags
09-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Here's the Snowtrooper link. If anyone finds it available, order a couple extra for me! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Basic-Figure-McQuarrie-Snowtrooper/dp/B000M6CYLA/ref=pd_ybh_5/002-8540874-0773630?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=159HFS7GDZ4MENS2RJTJ&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_i=ybh

- J

Right on. They may pop up again - might be worth keeping an eye on. Can't beat 6.99, no tax and free shipping - that's cheaper than retail!

Looks like 4-LOM and Pharl McQuarrie are sold out now. Hope you guys got an order in.

-Snags

Commtech
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
09-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Just cancelled my Wave 6 pre-order from EE. Glad to be rid of the extra DS Trooper and Stormtrooper that I was going to get stuck with - replaced them with extra McSnowtroopers instead. Amazon rules. EE has blown lately - verrrry slow to ship stuff.

-Snags

darkagent
09-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Los Feliz TRU put out 3 cases of Wave 4 today. Unfortunately, all the gold UGH figures were missing. :( It looks like it was the same UGH Airbourne Trooper/McChewie/Animated Boba revision.

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I just ordered 4lom, general McQ was sold out.

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks guys, I ordered 4-LOM and Han Torture, everything else was gone but it's still good to have new product coming.

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Lando is in Stock JT,

toonimator
09-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Cool! Glad to see more show up. Grabbed one of each (minus the absent McQuarrie Snowtrooper), just enough to get the free shipping!

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Lando is in Stock JT,
Yeah, I should have mentioned that I actively didn't get him as I don't want this figure.

wampaslayr
09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Ordered some of Wave 6. McQuarrie Snowtrooper and General McQuarrie are still sold out.

Also received my unleashed Clone Trooper from EE today. Pretty cool item.

JediTricks
09-20-2007, 07:06 PM
TRU Los Feliz had Elis Helrot, M'iiyoom Onith, Luke Jedi, and Umpass-Stay.

Tycho
09-20-2007, 07:53 PM
If Umpass-Stay sold would he become Umpass-Gone? Just curious.

Jango Speck
09-21-2007, 01:13 AM
As of tonight, Eagle Rock Target has the latest 3 comic-book packs.

Tycho
09-21-2007, 11:55 AM
As of tonight, Eagle Rock Target has the latest 3 comic-book packs.

What's "the latest 3?" Does that mean Baron Fel is out, or are you talking about A'Sharad Hett?

Jango Speck
09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
What's "the latest 3?" Does that mean Baron Fel is out, or are you talking about A'Sharad Hett?

I'm talking about Luke/Mara, Leia/Vader and whatever else those EU a**clowns are putting out.

stillakid
09-21-2007, 01:41 PM
EU a**clowns

I think that those are in Wave 8.

Tycho
09-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Wave 5: Dork Revan and Dork Malak from Dorks of the Awful Retardant video game series (DOTAR).

darkagent
09-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Los Feliz TRU had the Arena Encounter BPs today. It's pretty big, and so was the price. A ridiculous $60 for rehashes (nothing new).

Jango Speck
09-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Just opened my wave 5 case: this is an awesome assortment, even with an unnecessary extra stormtrooper. Two Yoda on Kybucks and Concept Vader, plus the rest- kickarse! If this wave doesn't have something for everyone, then you should stop collecting now. A+ Hasbro!

figrin bran
09-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Obviously you never played that video game series Tycho! The cut scenes in that game are better than the Transformers movie! :p

My wave 5 case arrived from New Force Comics as well...so far I've opened up Roron, Revan and Starkiller. the latter taking the early lead as my favorite from this wave.

BlueSnags
09-22-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm with ya. That Starkiller figure is freakin' great.

-Snags

figrin bran
09-22-2007, 12:31 AM
I've opened up everything except C3PO (not really sure if i want to keep it) and had so much fun doing it! SW figs haven't been this much fun in a long time! :D.

Hermi Odle and Pre Cyborg Grievous are pretty awesome

I'll definitely pick up another Roron to make a more animated looking custom as well as another Starkiller. She along with Dark Woman are some of the best female figures that Hasbro has ever made, I think.

CrunchyNug
09-22-2007, 01:34 AM
I'll definitely pick up another Roron to make a more animated looking custom as well as another Starkiller. She along with Dark Woman are some of the best female figures that Hasbro has ever made, I think.

It's the year of the hot chic with a lightsaber.:kiss:

stillakid
09-22-2007, 01:49 AM
It's the year of the hot chic with a lightsaber.:kiss:

Every day should be Hot Chick with a Lightsaber Day!

gambitguru
09-22-2007, 01:58 AM
went to lone hill target tonight after i went to the la county fair absolutely nothing for SW and TF

Jango Speck
09-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Hey CrunchyNug,

Thanks for the Red AOTC Clone- and don't forget to stash the new "Cars"- you seem to have good luck finding them.

JediTricks
09-22-2007, 03:21 AM
TRU Los Feliz had a bunch of Legends figures, including a number of Boba Fetts. They also had more wave 4 straggler guys - Luke Jedi, Umpass Stay, M'iiyoom Onith - in the new "why would anybody put this here" section left of the entrance. They also had some TFs - Dead Jazz, Payload, Longarm, Dreadwing.

Target Pasadena 2-story had a Luke Jedi and a M'iiyoom Onith.

went to lone hill target tonight after i went to the la county fair absolutely nothing for SW and TFI think it bites that the LA County Fair takes place in the last city to the east in LA County! :p

AussieScott
09-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Hi all, first post on SSG so bear with me.

Obviously I'm from out-of-area (the nickname is probably a giveaway) but I travel to LA a bit and see lots of familiar haunts mentioned (Los Feliz, Glendale, Pasadena etc). I am not a collector but owned a fairly complete set of the original action figures when I was a kid (why on earth did my parents let me open them???) My young son has recently discovered Star Wars and Transformers, and I kill time in LA by buying up for Birthdays and Christmas. It had been sometimes frustrating to locate certain items (Deluxe Transformers, anyone?) but I had no idea how competitive the acquisition of popular toy lines could be until I started coming to this forum. I've already gotten a few good tips from here (such as the availability of Y-Wings, saved me the hassle of mail-ordering it before I came). My contributions are likely to be limited but I do get around a bit and can give a few insights into overseas markets.

For instance, here in Aus, SW and TF figures sell for, on average, twice the price of what they do in the US. It's the same in most other countries. We don't get the vehicles at all, although my local TRU just got their first Christmas stock with some Jedi Starfighters, at $50 Aussie each, about $42US (you can see why I save my shopping for the US). I was in London at the beginning of the month, where TRU still had some Republic Gunships and Saga Tie Fighters (albeit at 40 pounds, about $80US, each). Also Hamleys had what appeared to be a fairly complete range of the Ralph McQuarrie figures, at a price, and a fairly complete range of Deluxe Transformers (Jazz, Barricade etc) but at 13 pounds ($26US). Some figures are more popular than others, and it's interesting to see what's hot and what's not from place to place.

If these insights are of interest to anyone let me know. I've seen one or two exclusives in other places that I have never seen in the US (TF Deluxe figures 3-pack for instance) and it might be possible to do a favour on a hard-to-find item if anyone is prepared to pay overseas prices. Also have one soul (slightly used) I'd be prepared to swap for the location of a Movie Deluxe Barricade, if anyone sees one (looks like I just missed out on a big restocking last week, lots of empty pegs about the place).

Cheers

Chaddymac
09-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I saw a deluxe barricade this morning, AS. Are you still in the states or have you already passed on?

BlueSnags
09-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Welcome aboard, AS!

-Snags

stillakid
09-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I saw a deluxe barricade this morning, AS. Are you still in the states or have you already passed on?

Well, if he's passed on, he isn't likely to be able to answer, is he? That's just sick! :hurt:

AussieScott
09-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, but I won't be back within a useful timeframe. My next visit is Mid-October, I'll just keep trying my luck. I picked up a Voyager Starscream at East Pasadena last Wednesday, so miracles do happen.

Speaking of things Transformers, the DVD release here in Aus will be available in a Special Edition transforming DVD case. I'd post a link for you but I'm not allowed to yet. Someone else probably could if they want to get in touch.

Haven't heard of anything similar for the US market. Has anyone else?

gambitguru
09-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, but I won't be back within a useful timeframe. My next visit is Mid-October, I'll just keep trying my luck. I picked up a Voyager Starscream at East Pasadena last Wednesday, so miracles do happen.

Speaking of things Transformers, the DVD release here in Aus will be available in a Special Edition transforming DVD case. I'd post a link for you but I'm not allowed to yet. Someone else probably could if they want to get in touch.

Haven't heard of anything similar for the US market. Has anyone else?

hey aussie would it be possible if you can get me a aus SE transformers dvd. i can give you some money. when you come mid october. or if you want we can trade for some SW or TF figures. let me know, pm me
thanks

AussieScott
09-22-2007, 06:50 PM
hey aussie would it be possible if you can get me a aus SE transformers dvd. i can give you some money. when you come mid october. or if you want we can trade for some SW or TF figures. let me know, pm me
thanks

Gambit,

PM sent. Post the links in the forum if you would, for the benefit of others, as I am not able to yet.

Should have mentioned also, this is of course a Region 4 Pal release. Those interested should check that their equipment supports both.

plasticfetish
09-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Haven't heard of anything similar for the US market. Has anyone else?Someone mentioned this over in the TF thread a bit ago... looks cool. As far as I know, you're the only ones getting this.

Welcome to the forums!

Kidhuman
09-22-2007, 10:40 PM
I believe you cant post links because you dont have enough posts. Its to deter spammers and such. Dont take it personal and welcome to the forums.