PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

gambitguru
09-23-2007, 01:48 AM
went to tru la cienega, arena battles, y wing. Also at this tru i saw an employee stash a ultimate bumblebee in the next aisle over, on the top shelf. It was pretty funny he was looking around, but i guess he did not see me watching him. while the whole TF section was pretty empty.

tru stevenson ranch had arena battles also

oh yea the walmart stevenson ranch had 38 primus and 4 ultimatebumblebee

did see transformers on imax at universal. pretty good. didnt really notice the extra scenes. good experience 1st time seen an imax flick.

AussieScott
09-23-2007, 02:24 AM
I believe you cant post links because you dont have enough posts. Its to deter spammers and such. Dont take it personal and welcome to the forums.

Thanks, pretty much figured out the reason behind it. I need 10 posts to my name, according to the message. Unfortunately, their idea of a "link" includes the smilies, so I'll be talking without much emotion for another few posts.

Luuuuuuke
09-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Baldwin Park and Pico Rivera Wal-Mart recently set up a new Cars display. I was able to get Lightyear(the blimp) and TJ(a Hummer) at Baldwin Park. Cars were on sale for $2.97. I passed on the Cactus McQueen and Ghostlight Ramone.

Four other cars are listed in the back of the card including the pace car for the race, but I didn't see them in the display. The display was relatively empty, but for some reason I had the feeling those other cars were not there to begin with.

Haven't really seen wave 4 or 5 of TAC. The Baldwin Park Wal-Mart almost never has any TAC at all.

Jango Speck
09-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Targets sale is pathetic. If those Battle Packs drop down to $9.99, I'll get some, but not for $17.99.

TRU's sale is OK, if you need old pegwarmers. They finally have the Luke/Yoda MR lightsabers in stock, and more Y-Wings and Interceptors (Burbank). I saw one wave 4 figure lying on the shelf- weird. Also saw a Luminari Unduli repacked in a Yareal Poof TSC card- pathetic!

toonimator
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Target finally got some Legends in! About time. Wave 2, looked like. AND Wave 3 Comic Packs! With a bunch of Wave 1 Vader/Rebels tagging along to take up space. Picked up Mara & Hett sets finally, and a 2nd Leia set.

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Targets sale is pathetic. If those Battle Packs drop down to $9.99, I'll get some, but not for $17.99.

What irks me is these battle packs were clearanced out a few months back at 4.98 and now regular price? F that.

Jango Speck
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Received my full Hasbro shipment this morning. Luckily, I ordered two Darktroopers: one arrived with a bent card. Overall, this figure looks a lot better in this packaging than I remember when it was on a POTF card. I'm loving my Clone Commanders as well.

Looks like Hasbrotoyshop now has all of wave 4/5/6 ready for "coming soon". CZ, Umpass, Hermi, etc. are now listed. Let the games begin...

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Wave 6 isnt full, just Han and McSnowy. They dont have Lando, General McQuarrie or 4lom.

MicroJow
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
4-LOM:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&ID=20449

santosha
09-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Durge Character Keys just went up on http://www.characterkey.com/

Jango Speck
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Wave 6 isnt full, just Han and McSnowy. They dont have Lando, General McQuarrie or 4lom.

Sorry, I was getting it confused with the Amazon.com status.

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Its ok, I am just waiting for these to go live so I can get some of these. I havent found new stuff anywhere in months.

Jango Speck
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Burbank Target had at least 6 Wii game systems in stock this morning- I was so tempted, because I want to play those upcoming SW games with the lightsaber controller!! My daughter and I will be dueling like mad!

MicroJow
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Came across a brand-new, unopened, lone case of Wave 4 with UGH Mace, R2, and Marine at TARGET this afternoon. One CZ-4 and one McQuarrie Vader.

ABOUT TIME these cases started hitting!

- J

Commtech
09-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Came across a brand-new, unopened, lone case of Wave 4 with UGH Mace, R2, and Marine at TARGET this afternoon. One CZ-4 and one McQuarrie Vader.

- J

Nice!!!:thumbsup:

Tycho
09-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I found nothing today but met another collector in Wal-Mart.

They got the Transformers Deluxe. I saw the remnants: 2 Deluxe 1977 BumbleBees, 1 Deluxe BoneCrusher, various no-name Deluxes (mostly sold-thru).

They had the Voyager Asst. with Rescue Ratchet and Thundercracker, Megatron and Prime in there.

SW is pathetically full of figures that are not selling. The difference now is that they are NOT all Lushros Dofine, but instead a huge variety of figures that we all have and that no one wants any more. The Galactic Marine (1 at least) was out on the pegs (I've seen that before- but that's a good figure!)

Galactic Marine
R2D2
Obi-Wan
Mace
Super Battle Droid
Rebel Honor Guard
Han Gunner
Luke Yavin
Death Star Trooper
Vader (DS Duel, I think)
Phil Collins
SaeSee Tiin
Destroyer Droid
ROTS Clone Trooper
Leia Boussh
Chewbacca

Heck knows what else. I didn't really want to look.

That's the mix I think. I heard from the other collector that another Wal-Mart got Wave 5 in, but I didn't feel like hunting at multiple stores.

The situation with the above figures is this: if a newbie who had NO SW figures wanted to start - they could get most of the main good guys and bad guys from the OT and PT to start them off with this. It's definitely different from a huge wad of C-3PO, Jerjerrod, and Lushros Dofine. But nobody's interested in SW any more. If they are, they are like us WHO HAVE THESE FIGURES ALREADY and I'd imagine there are very few carded completists left who would buy them again.

Jango Speck
09-24-2007, 08:11 PM

- J

What location?

MicroJow
09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
What location?

If I told you that, then the scalpers who lurk would know where to go! Check your PMs!

- J

figrin bran
09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I got shipping confirmation on my amazon.com wave 6 figures!

AussieScott
09-24-2007, 09:51 PM
What irks me is these battle packs were clearanced out a few months back at 4.98 and now regular price? F that.

Which battle packs did Target have? I'm after a Sith Lord Attack (Darth Maul, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and 2 battle droids). It sells for $40 here (about $34US) so if they have these back in at $18 then it's cheap to me :)

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 10:36 PM
I dont know what is in LA. I mod the Just Found section, so I respond to some comments here and there, but live in Virginia. I have seen that one at Wal-Marts here on the East Coast. Hopefully that helps you, usually run about 20 there.

CrunchyNug
09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
I got my box from HTS today. My pair of Darktroopers were in there...same as Speck - one mint/one not. A few more Troops and some Transformers rounded out a nice little pick-me-up for a Monday.

ANEEL
09-25-2007, 05:44 AM
Wake Up Call People................wave 5 Is Up Hts.............go

AussieScott
09-25-2007, 06:05 AM
I dont know what is in LA. I mod the Just Found section, so I respond to some comments here and there, but live in Virginia. I have seen that one at Wal-Marts here on the East Coast. Hopefully that helps you, usually run about 20 there.

Thanks, hadn't thought to look in Wal-Mart, their online range is underwhelming and their LA stores are not easily accessible from downtown LA, although I might have to make the effort next time.

Was at my local Toys'R'Us today. The front-of-store display must be part of a world-wide promo, as our stores have also been reconfigured in the same way. Ours have a pile of different lightsabres (Aus must be the dumping ground for these) and a whole heap of McQuarrie Luke's and C-3PO/R2D2, at $25 a pop (you can see why I shop in the USA).

What has been everyone's hardest-to-find figure? I can keep an eye out when I travel, although I can almost guarantee that the price would be higher than in the US.

Kidhuman
09-25-2007, 06:25 AM
The Lukes and #po's were convention excliusives, worht the 25 price tag as they were 20(droids)and 15(Luke) in America.

Waves 4-5 on HTS right now.

AussieScott
09-25-2007, 06:34 AM
The Lukes and #po's were convention excliusives, worht the 25 price tag as they were 20(droids)and 15(Luke) in America.

Interesting, thanks... I live and learn. Wonder what they are doing here then? They weren't there a week ago, and there's not many people in the local market who would appreciate them I wouldn't think...

CrunchyNug
09-25-2007, 09:14 AM

Thanks, but I think we all slept through this one. I just checked and they're sold out already.

Commtech
09-25-2007, 09:27 AM

What the hell?!! Pinche HTS!! They are all sold out now!!

Thanks for the heads up though Aneel. Don't you sleep man?!!!:ninja:

santosha
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
What the hell?!! Pinche HTS!! They are all sold out now!!

Thanks for the heads up though Aneel. Don't you sleep man?!!!:ninja:
Looks like it went up at 4.00am WCT, thanks Hasbro

aeneas89
09-25-2007, 11:09 AM
damn...

i was up due to a bad case of jet lag - I just got back from italy where i got married - and i still missed it. i am going to every toys r us in so cal today to make up for it.

BlueSnags
09-25-2007, 11:33 AM
What a load of B.S. HasbroToyShop must have their heads up their own a##@$ again.

Also, did anyone who ordered Wave 6 from amazon last week NOT get a shipping notice? I think I got screwed by them as well.

-Snags

stillakid
09-25-2007, 11:45 AM

WCT? New globes must be in stores. :)

CrunchyNug
09-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Made the rounds this morning and didn't really find anything SW...but the new Walmart exclusive Pixar Cars are out. Got me a set this morning in PC. Didn't stash anything because...

1) there were stockers everywhere
2) there were a TON of these

Also picked up a 25th anniv Snake Eyes.

JodyB
09-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Haven't found much SW lately... did find wave 2 of GI Joe 25th yesterday... but I decided against buying them after opening a few of my wave 1's

toonimator
09-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I picked up Beachhead that JodyB left... never had him as a kid. I don't mind the new Joes TOO much, but they are too tall and rather flimsy with tiny heads. And there's no excuse for Duke's helmet to not even cover his ears.

gambitguru
09-25-2007, 01:52 PM
went to target this morning, saw a big line for halo 3, i thought everyone was going to the toys, but it was for halo. nothing new SWor TF

went to tru van nuys yesterday nothing new there as well.

Kidhuman
09-25-2007, 01:58 PM

It was before 4am your time, cause at 3:30 your time is when I ordered mine, and they sold out shortly thereafter.

What a load of B.S. HasbroToyShop must have their heads up their own a##@$ again.

Also, did anyone who ordered Wave 6 from amazon last week NOT get a shipping notice? I think I got screwed by them as well.

-Snags

Snags, the only difference I saw in the orders was you had the McSnowy and I didnt, that might be the hold up on your end. Check your order status and stuff, see what it says.

BlueSnags
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM
It was before 4am your time, cause at 3:30 your time is when I ordered mine, and they sold out shortly thereafter.

Snags, the only difference I saw in the orders was you had the McSnowy and I didnt, that might be the hold up on your end. Check your order status and stuff, see what it says.

Funny thing is, I had two orders - one was for the rest of the figures and the second order was just the McSnowies (which popped up a few min after I placed the first order). Neither order has shipped. I called them today to see what was going on and they were completely useless. Both orders are just sitting there, not yet shipped. I have a feeling they oversold them.

I'm pretty annoyed since I cancelled my EE pre-order after ordering them on amazon. Amazon sucks @**.

-Snags

MicroJow
09-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Amazon sucks @**.

Not sure how Amazon is with Star Wars since I've never ordered Star Wars from them, but I HAVE ordered Marvel Legends from them in the past and guess what? I never - EVER - received anything from them. And I'm talking about having ordered full waves and exclusives. Back when I ordered Waves 14 and 15, they cancelled all orders because Toys-R-Us was splitting off from them. Problem was, they never TOLD me they were canceling my order.

And when I pre-ordered the Gold 1st Appearance Iron Man and Maskless Green Goblin, the pre-orders just sat there... while people who ordered them on the day the figures arrived in their warehouse got theirs. My orders were NEVER filled.

So my advice in the future would be to go ahead and order from Amazon, but never ever cancel any other orders until you have the merchandise in your hand.

- J

BlueSnags
09-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I've gotten burned by them on pre-orders before, but never on "In Stock" merchandise.

Also, heads up - Wave 6 cases are now in stock at BigBadToyStore. Just ordered one, so all's well that ends well, I guess.:laugh:

-Snags

gambitguru
09-25-2007, 05:47 PM
went to target balboa nothing there. that target had a sale of vehicles for $17 and figures were price cut to 6.20 from 6.99 something like that.

also forgot to mention the the tru in van nuys is having a SW special but 2 figs get the third free under9.99. not sure if that is for all tru's

JediTricks
09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
TRU's sale is OK, if you need old pegwarmers.I picked up a trio of Stormtroopers for the price of 2 on Sunday.

AussieScott
09-25-2007, 10:13 PM

Once again thanks for this info. Went back there this morning to have another look. They were complete in protective cases, with the Celebration IV stickering, and the droids had a loose Celebration IV card in the back. As I left they were putting out Ben and Yoda packs from San Diego CC.

I grabbed a couple... up until now it's been for my son. Today I bought my first Star Wars figures for myself in about 25 years. These ones will stay in the packet :)

Jango Speck
09-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Hasbro has CZ4, Yoda/Kybuck and Roron Corobb up NOW!!

figrin bran
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Hasbro has CZ4, Yoda/Kybuck and Roron Corobb up NOW!!

sold out now! or at least CZ-4 is.

Jango Speck
09-25-2007, 11:03 PM
sold out now! or at least CZ-4 is.

Damn! I went back to order another one, just in case the one I ordered arrives smashed- and they were sold out. Guess I'll be checking all night...

Cataclizm1
09-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Has anyone found Mcquarrie Vader or CZ4 yet? I've been hitting the Hawthorne TRU almost every day for two weeks. I see new stock get put out regularly in the morning, including gold coin Bobas and Chewies, but NEVER see Mc Vader or CZ4. If anyone can help a brotha out on these it would be most appreciated!

MicroJow
09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Hang in there, Cat! The Target I frequent has started getting in the Wave 4 case with CZ-4 and McVader (and UGH coin Marine, Mace & R2.) In fact, they had 2 cases this morning. The place was crawling with Star Wars collectors (at least 5 of us) so everything went quickly, but if one Target is getting them, it probably means other Targets will start getting them, too!

- J

toonimator
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
got to Target late... if any new figures were out, they were completely gone leaving yesterday's 'warmers again. A couple more comic packs were out so I picked up the sole Mara/Luke for fodder. Again I got lucky with a decent paint job on Mara's head (the eye's close to true wonkiness) and a straight saber hilt... though it's no doubt supremely rubbery outta the package.

JodyB
09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
got to Target late... if any new figures were out, they were completely gone leaving yesterday's 'warmers again. A couple more comic packs were out so I picked up the sole Mara/Luke for fodder. Again I got lucky with a decent paint job on Mara's head (the eye's close to true wonkiness) and a straight saber hilt... though it's no doubt supremely rubbery outta the package.

No figures... I moved the Legends over again...

darkagent
09-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Out of the blue, received my case of TAC Wave 5 yesterday from EE. It was a welcome surprise when I got home from work. Still no word on the Wave 4 cases though.

Cataclizm1
09-26-2007, 06:30 PM
New promo code at Hasbrotoyshop.com:
"25FALL"

25% off your order PLUS free shipping!

Commtech
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
"25FALL"

Thanks Cat!! You da man!!

Kidhuman
09-26-2007, 07:16 PM
"25FALL"

Damnit , a day too late. thanks though for the code.

Cataclizm1
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
The code is supposedly good until oct. 8th. I hope Death Star Vader goes on sale before then. He's "coming soon."

Kidhuman
09-26-2007, 07:49 PM
I ordered like 50 bucks worth yesterday, thats why I said a day late.

Edit: I did just go and order a couple of pit droid packs. Gonna order some clones on Pay Day. Its cheaper than retail.

figrin bran
09-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Who was it that was looking for a DVD Prime? the Hasbrotoyshop coupon code mentioned earlier would be great for purchasing one of the Primes. That's how I got mine last year.

Leader class Brawl would only be $32.46 with the code!

darkagent
09-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Got my Wave 6 order from Amazon today. Maybe it's because all I was able to order was Han, Lando and 4-LOM. :)

MicroJow
09-27-2007, 02:24 PM
EDIT: Sold out! Holy crap! Did they only get in 3 cases of these things?

I know it's off topic, but since there are some Marvel collectors here, thought I'd mention that hasbrotoyshop.com has the Fantastic Four wave in stock! Type "Ronan" into the search bar and all 8 come up. Use the Promo code 25FALL and get 25% off your order PLUS free shipping! Full set of 8 came to something like $65! Woot!

- J

Cataclizm1
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Just ordered SWTF Death Star Vader woo hoo!!!!!!!

gambitguru
09-27-2007, 03:29 PM
went to target on balboa. nothing in SW. but they did have some TF deluxe brawl, bonecrusher, scorpinock, no arcee/bumblee bee. had 4 leader brawl and 1 megatron

Chaddymac
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Got my case from Wave 5 Case from EE. Anyone want a concept Vader or silver coin Boba? I'd even be willing to part with a CZ-4 if I could get a trade out of it...

Kidhuman
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I will take a Vader. PM sent

JediTricks
09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I just ordered TF Vader/Death Star from HTS with the code, thanks for the heads-up!

BlueSnags
09-27-2007, 10:52 PM
My 3 Saga Legends Clone Commanders I ordered from HTS showed up today. My other two orders, for 8 Darktroopers, 3 Yellow Clone Troopers and 3 Pit Droids showed up the other day - just waiting for the order I placed yesterday (2 Imperial Officers) to show up now.

Plus, two of my three amazon orders finally shipped - good times.:whip:

-Snags

Kidhuman
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Any extra Darktroopers you willing to trade Snags? and did your McSnowSnow guys ship?

BlueSnags
09-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Any extra Darktroopers you willing to trade Snags? and did your McSnowSnow guys ship?

KH,

Sure, I would be willing to trade a Darkie. Shoot me a PM and LMK what you have extras of.

It looks like a couple of McSnowSnows shipped. I placed another order a few min later for 8 of them, but it appears they're going to stay backordered for the time being.

-Snags

wampaslayr
09-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Hit the mother lode at Stevenson Ranch Wal-Mart tonight. They had at least 10 cases of wave 4 with the UGH figs. Lots of Cz-4's if anyone needs them as well as some McVaders. The clerk at Wal-Mart told me and another guy to go ahead and open the boxes. Grabbed UGH McStormie, Luke, Han, Mace, R2, Galactic Marine, and Biggs. Still had some left but the guy rummaging with me grabbed a bunch. Hard to stash with the stockers wandering around the aisles. As I was leaving, the clerk gave me another box and it was Wave 5. Picked up Starkiller, Revan, Malak, and Grievous. The rest of Wave 5 was left behind, if anyone can get out to Santa Clarita tomorrow morning.

Commtech
09-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Hit the mother lode at Stevenson Ranch Wal-Mart tonight. They had at least 10 cases of wave 4 with the UGH figs. Lots of Cz-4's if anyone needs them as well as some McVaders. The clerk at Wal-Mart told me and another guy to go ahead and open the boxes. Grabbed UGH McStormie, Luke, Han, Mace, R2, Galactic Marine, and Biggs. Still had some left but the guy rummaging with me grabbed a bunch. Hard to stash with the stockers wandering around the aisles. As I was leaving, the clerk gave me another box and it was Wave 5. Picked up Starkiller, Revan, Malak, and Grievous. The rest of Wave 5 was left behind, if anyone can get out to Santa Clarita tomorrow morning.

Is it still worth it to go or the other guy take all the good stuff?

JediTricks
09-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Got my case from Wave 5 Case from EE. Anyone want a concept Vader or silver coin Boba? I'd even be willing to part with a CZ-4 if I could get a trade out of it...How did I miss this post Chaddy? (answer: I suck? :p) Anyway, I PMed ya.

wampaslayr
09-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Is it still worth it to go or the other guy take all the good stuff?

I would. He didn't take everything. He did take all the McStormie UGH's but there were still some Luke and Han UGH's. There were still a few of the McVaders and CZ-4's. He beat me to the punch on the UGH Boba. There were so many cases sitting out that the only thing I can tell you is to go and check it out for yourself. Although I'm not sure where they are going to stock all those figures because the pegs are still full of Legends fodder.

Chaddymac
09-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Got my case from Wave 5 Case from EE. Anyone want a concept Vader or silver coin Boba? I'd even be willing to part with a CZ-4 if I could get a trade out of it...
Vader & CZ-4 are claimed. Thanks for your interest, everyone! If there's anything else in that case you want, let me know. I realized going through the figures again last night how many doubles I have, so pick away.

Jango Speck
09-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Chaddy,

I am still looking for a Starkiller, McVader, Imperial Officers and McSnowtroopers. I have very little time to go to WMs, but am always good for a meet-up in various Burbank toy store parking lots.

Luuuuuuke
09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
I found a lonely Animated Boba Fett at Pico Rivera Wal-Mart. Right in front of the pegs. Must have been a return or a holdover or something.

Jango Speck
09-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks to CrunchyNug for the "Cars" exclusives, CZ-4 and UGH hookups!

Chaddymac
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Chaddy,

I am still looking for a Starkiller, McVader, Imperial Officers and McSnowtroopers. I have very little time to go to WMs, but am always good for a meet-up in various Burbank toy store parking lots.
I will keep an eye out for those as well. And if I get my next case before you find those figs, I'll let you know what I have to give out.

Happy hunting!

MicroJow
09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
If anyone's got an opener Hermi Odle and / or a McQuarrie Starkiller (MOMC) I have 2 spare Darktroopers I'd be happy to trade!

- J

ANEEL
09-28-2007, 10:18 PM
If anyone's got an opener Hermi Odle and / or a McQuarrie Starkiller (MOMC) I have 2 spare Darktroopers I'd be happy to trade!

- J
sir lets make this happen.

Turbowars
09-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, looking for 2 CZ-4, a Mc Vader and some Ugh's. LMK if someone can help.

Jango Speck
09-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, looking for 2 CZ-4, a Mc Vader and some Ugh's. LMK if someone can help.

Turbo, you seem to be about a day late with your requests recently. Read below and you'll find that I scored that same batch from someone today (minus the Vader). I'll keep my eyes open for you. Sounds like WM's are the hot spots, and Target is getting a bit warmer.

Turbowars
09-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah I know, it's just I don't have a computer in front of my face all day and can't reply before the rest of you do. :yes:

These 3 waves are crazy hot right now. I actuality still need
2 CZ-4's
1 Animated Fett
1 Mc Vader
1 MC star killer
1 Pre Grievous
1 Malak
1 Revan
2 Anakin's
2 Roron
4-6 Mc Snowtroopers
Red/Blue/Green Clones

BlueSnags
09-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Got a box from amazon today with 2x 4-LOM and 1x General McQuarrie in it. For some reason they shipped my first order in two different boxes. The other box should have another General McQuarrie, 2x Han Torture Rack and 2x Smuggler Lando. Judging by the tracking, that box should be here tomorrow. Another box with a few McQuarrie Snowtroopers should be on the way as well.

In Just Found news, found at Walmart earlier today:

Saga Legends Pit Droids (RED)
Saga Legends Biker Scout
Saga Legends Imperial Commander (Light Hair)
McQuarrie Starkiller
Hermie Odle
Darth Malak
Darth Revan
McQuarrie Fett
McQuarrie Vader
UGH Mace
UGH R2-D2
UGH Galactic Marine
CZ-4

-Snags

Turbowars
09-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Got a box from amazon today with 2x 4-LOM and 1x General McQuarrie in it. For some reason they shipped my first order in two different boxes. The other box should have another General McQuarrie, 2x Han Torture Rack and 2x Smuggler Lando. Judging by the tracking, that box should be here tomorrow. Another box with a few McQuarrie Snowtroopers should be on the way as well.

In Just Found news, found at Walmart earlier today:

Saga Legends Pit Droids (RED)
Saga Legends Biker Scout
Saga Legends Imperial Commander (Light Hair)
McQuarrie Starkiller
Hermie Odle
Darth Malak
Darth Revan
McQuarrie Fett
McQuarrie Vader
UGH Mace
UGH R2-D2
UGH Galactic Marine
CZ-4

-SnagsDude you suck! I wanted to go with you!

darkagent
09-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Got home tonight and found a case of Wave 6 waiting for me. :razz:

BlueSnags
09-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Dude you suck! I wanted to go with you!

I know - Pink Snags wanted to do some shopping. Wasn't planning on going, but I got roped into it. :whip:

-Snags

Tycho
09-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Got home tonight and found a case of Wave 6 waiting for me. :razz:

Anyone that has him already, want to review Han Bespin Torture.

There looks to be problems with his proportions if you open him and display him off the rack (not that most of us will - but Hasbro ought to give us quality - such that if he wasn't articulated, you know you'd all complain as well).

Turbowars
09-29-2007, 01:32 AM
I know - Pink Snags wanted to do some shopping. Wasn't planning on going, but I got roped into it. :whip:

-Snags
Well, wish me luck tomorrow.....I'll have to talk to Pink Snags about this.....

ANEEL
09-29-2007, 03:03 AM
2008 WAVE 1-----PICS NEW GREE....................
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87500K1lg.jpg

Luuuuuuke
09-29-2007, 04:04 AM
2008 WAVE 1-----PICS NEW GREE....................
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87500K1lg.jpg (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87500K1lg.jpg)

Holy hell, that's a great looking Gree.

Between two Wal-Marts tonight(Pico Rivera and amazingly enough, Baldwin Park, which never seems to carry TAC), I got:

3 McQuarrie Vaders(there were a few more left behind at both places). I to keep carded, 2 to display with different helmets.
3 Darktroopers(1 at Pico, 2 at Baldwin Park)
2 Red AOTC Clones
2 Gray Clone Commanders
1 CZ-4
1 UGH McBoba Fett(left other one at Baldwin Park)
1 Animated Boba Fett

Passed on a crapload of different UGHs. Most were eventually plucked by a woman at Pico Rivera. Just a 3 cases of Saga Legends and wave 4 at Baldwin Park. Employee at Baldwin Park told me they hardly ever get TAC.

Shared much of bounty at Pico Rivera with two other pretty cool collectors. I bought the most of us 3, then again, I think they were a lot more caught up than I was. I had not seen any of the ones I bought until tonight.

No wave 5 at either store.

JediTricks
09-29-2007, 04:18 AM

There looks to be problems with his proportions if you open him and display him off the rack (not that most of us will - but Hasbro ought to give us quality - such that if he wasn't articulated, you know you'd all complain as well).The figure is total crap. The head sculpt is all wrong for A) the scene; and B) Han Solo. The body though is the worst part, the waist and legs are modeled after the Vintage figure's (but remolded onto the lower torso piece) and it's about 30% smaller than the upper body which looks ridiculous. Then the torso is slightly too long, and the joint in the middle is designed like garbage so it looks dreadful in use. There's nothing redeeming about the figure, and the torture rack is a letdown as well.

Kidhuman
09-29-2007, 06:44 AM

There looks to be problems with his proportions if you open him and display him off the rack (not that most of us will - but Hasbro ought to give us quality - such that if he wasn't articulated, you know you'd all complain as well).

Tycho, a quick reveiw of wave 6 is up in the reveiw section.

Snags, still need the red pit droids that we discussed?

Cataclizm1
09-29-2007, 10:59 AM
At Torrance Walmart me and my buddy each found a McQuarrie Vader, and I got a CZ4. Yay! There was also some Gold coin stuff but I think my buddy got them all. Nothing else cool to report.

BlueSnags
09-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Snags, still need the red pit droids that we discussed?

KH,

I'm all set on the Red Pit Droids now. After I opened my extra white pack and saw how crappy the actual figures are (they can't even stand on their own), I'm just getting one of each color to keep carded. I can still use whatever the other colors are, though (have white and red, I think there's at least one more color coming).

-Snags

figrin bran
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
So I headed over to Crenshaw WM this morning, saw El Puerco which is never a good thing. As he was on the phone, I went over to look at a stack of Transformer deluxes not realizing he was getting him so he tells me very curtly "DON'T TOUCH! Those are MINE!!!". The stack consisted of 4 '76 Camaro Bumblebees (which I don't need) and 4 of the Voyager Repaints - Ratchet and Thundercracker (which I didn't want anyhow).

So then I move over quickly to the SW figures and grabbed 2 CZ-4's

my wave 6 figures (everything except McSnowie which I wasn't able to order) arrived from amazon. I'm opening up 4-LOM as we speak

Tycho
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
El Puerco....:rolleyes:

The next time you see him Figrin you should give him your meanest look so he has to say, "Don't Hit! This is my face!"

I can understand if you come into the store, you're the only one, and you make a stack while you call friends to find out if they still need what you have stacked up. But I'd still be more polite about it, or even share with someone else who's there at the same time I was.

I mean that's great if you're all by yourself and have a chance at 11 cases or something. You should probably buy them and make your calls from the parking lot. If nothing else, you can return what you don't need right then and there after you reach your trading pals.

I don't know. Puerco just sounded pretty tacky to me.

figrin bran
09-29-2007, 08:17 PM
But Tycho, if El Puerco wasn't on the phone, I probably wouldn't have been able to get the CZ-4's plus the Grey clone commander for Sal. For TF's I was only looking for a Concept BB on behalf of JT...if there were 4 in that pile, I'm sure I would've been even more upset.

BlueSnags
09-29-2007, 09:53 PM
A bit more of my amazon order just trickled in. 2x Han Torture Rack, 2x Lando Smuggler and 2x General McQuarrie are here. Still waiting for those McSnowies...:whip:

-Snags

Turbowars
09-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Got my order of 2 Lando's 2 Han's 2 4-LOM's 2 Mc Generals and 15 Mc Snowy's today. Very happy camper. ;)

Kidhuman
09-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Turbo, I have an animated Fett for one of the McSnowtroopers. PM if interested

BlueSnags
09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Got my order of 2 Lando's 2 Han's 2 4-LOM's 2 Mc Generals and 15 Mc Snowy's today. Very happy camper. ;)

Dude, you gonna hook me up with one of those McSnowSnows? I don't know where the hell mine are. I think I got hosed.:hurt:

-Snags

Turbowars
09-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Dude, you gonna hook me up with one of those McSnowSnows? I don't know where the hell mine are. I think I got hosed.:hurt:

-Snags
HeHe You know it!;)

AussieScott
09-30-2007, 04:23 AM
Looks like the Convention exclusives (McQuarrie Luke, C-3P0/R2D2, Ben/Yoda) have, quite literally, been dumped on Toys'R'Us international. Still some available at my local store here in Sydney, and just got back from Hong Kong where a couple of the stores there are stocked with those and nothing else. Between my wife and I, we've unwittingly accumulated 3 of each, but can't find a shred of anything else.

Also saw good stocks of Transformers stuff (including limited edition metallic finish Voyager figures, in a display-case shaped box), with the sole exception of Barricade, of course.

Looks like I'm away from the US at the wrong time again, the shelves will have been picked clean by the time I get back there!

Tycho
09-30-2007, 10:58 AM
My Wal-Mart has a pallet with probably still 3-4 cases of waves 3, 4, and 5 each on it. Their pegs are over-flowing and it looks as if collectors have come and pallet raided at some points because the carded figure over-flow is spreading to a top rafter and it looks messy like that.

Jango Speck
09-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Panorama city walmart was loaded today with wave 4 and legends goodies. Found cz4 and mcvader, blue aotc clones, grey clone commanders, and the last sandtrooper variant. I stashed some goodies- pm for the 411.

Turbowars
09-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Found a Red Battle droid 2 pack and 2 501's. 501's are stashed if anyone needs them

Jango Speck
09-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Stash claimed.

Panorama City still has quite a few good Legends figures and wave 4- Stevenson's Ranch had lots of Legends pegwarmers.

BlueSnags
09-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks to Speck for the stash! Ended up with 3x Blue Troopers, 2x Clone Commanders (correct gun variant) and a CZ-4 (light eyeball variant).:laugh:

-Snags

AussieScott
09-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Mostly LA news here... anyone from a bit further north? My next trip is to San Francisco on Wednesday, would appreciate a heads-up on the scene there. Thanks.

Jango Speck
09-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Mostly LA news here... anyone from a bit further north? My next trip is to San Francisco on Wednesday, would appreciate a heads-up on the scene there. Thanks.

A bit further north? S.F. is practically in another hemisphere compared to L.A. Oh no, (putting my foot down), no more non-SoCal posts please. It's enough that we have San Diego, O.C. and Inland Empire findings on occasion, but let's not start throwing Frisco into the mix. I have read lots of Sacramento and S.F. reports on other sites, if SSG doesn't have a thriving Bay Area Just Found thread.

AussieScott
09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Finally have my 10 posts, so I'll try and post those links I promised earlier, about the Aussie Transformers DVD releases.

The movie will be released in 4 different versions (same movie cut but different cases). Apart from the standard 2-disc release, there will also be:

The "Steelbook" metallic case version, shown here:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/795762

The Optimus Prime transforming DVD case, shown here:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/795761

EzyDVD also specialise in exclusive Collectors tins, such as this one:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/794393

And to keep the post subject-relevant, here is the Star Wars tin version (embossed, sold out at the website but still available in stores):

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/785827

All are, of course, Region 4 PAL editions. For Gambit, looks like there will be plenty of the Optimus Prime case available at retail, so getting one for you should not be a problem.

AussieScott
09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
A bit further north? S.F. is practically in another hemisphere compared to L.A. Oh no, (putting my foot down), no more non-SoCal posts please. It's enough that we have San Diego, O.C. and Inland Empire findings on occasion, but let's not start throwing Frisco into the mix. I have read lots of Sacramento and S.F. reports on other sites, if SSG doesn't have a thriving Bay Area Just Found thread.

lol Yes, we need to split the forum into "California" and "the Other California" lol Would appreciate a steer to the other sites you mentioned thanks!

Luuuuuuke
09-30-2007, 11:03 PM
The Pico Rivera Wal-Mart(not that anyone west of the 110 freeway gives a blip) seems to have gotten a lot of wave 4 and the first three Saga Legends waves in. As of yesterday they had plenty of cases with blue, yellow and red AOTC clones, some Darktroopers, a few UGH McBoba Fetts, McVaders. Collectors were literally leaving stuff behind, still on the open cases on pallets. I have to admit, the collectors I've seen have been pretty restrained. I haven't seen anyone hoarding. It seems like everyone is picking their spots, just buying what they want/need.

Baldwin Park Wal-Mart got wave 4 and some Saga Legends w ith the red AOTC droids and Darktroopers Friday night, but as of Saturday morning, they were back to their paltry TAC selections.

Jango Speck
09-30-2007, 11:37 PM
The Pico Rivera Wal-Mart(not that anyone west of the 110 freeway gives a blip) seems to have gotten a lot of wave 4 and the first three Saga Legends waves in. As of yesterday they had plenty of cases with blue, yellow and red AOTC clones, some Darktroopers, a few UGH McBoba Fetts, McVaders. Collectors were literally leaving stuff behind, still on the open cases on pallets. I have to admit, the collectors I've seen have been pretty restrained. I haven't seen anyone hoarding. It seems like everyone is picking their spots, just buying what they want/need.

Baldwin Park Wal-Mart got wave 4 and some Saga Legends w ith the red AOTC droids and Darktroopers Friday night, but as of Saturday morning, they were back to their paltry TAC selections.

This sounds like it's happening at all WalMarts- Finally! Now what the hell is Target up to?

Turbowars
10-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah whats up with Target, I'm ready for wave 7!

Well it's good I didn't hit the Pano WM today, because Snags raided it. The good news is he hooked me up big time!!

Jango Speck
10-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Yeah whats up with Target, I'm ready for wave 7!

Well it's good I didn't hit the Pano WM today, because Snags raided it. The good news is he hooked me up big time!!

;)

Does this mean you have wave 5/6 now Turbo?

Turbowars
10-01-2007, 01:20 AM
;)

Does this mean you have wave 5/6 now Turbo?Nope, still missing a bunch.

Commtech
10-01-2007, 01:46 AM
;)

Does this mean you have wave 5/6 now Turbo?

No. He just can't wait for those beautiful McSnowies we all want!!

Commtech
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
For all transformers fans: I have 1 extra masterpiece skywarp figure new, sealed in it's box for sale. I bought 2 in order to get them for a lower price of $90 each to keep one sealed, but I've changed my mind and I just need one. If anyone is interested, pm me. Thanks.

Navtek
10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Found a lone torture rack Han at an SD WalMart today. I haven't seen anyone post about finding wave 6 at retail so there it is.

Jango Speck
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Unbelievable, Burbank TRU has almost sold off the pegwarmers- I hope we see a major restock soon- but based on past years, the pegs will probably sit empty until after Xmas. There are tons of MR ForceFx lightsabers, Y-wings and Interceptors now.

gambitguru
10-01-2007, 03:50 PM
For all transformers fans: I have 1 extra masterpiece skywarp figure new, sealed in it's box for sale. I bought 2 in order to get them for a lower price of $90 each to keep one sealed, but I've changed my mind and I just need one. If anyone is interested, pm me. Thanks.

you have a pm. i put starscream for so reason in the pm. anyays its skywarp

Luuuuuuke
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Found a lone torture rack Han at an SD WalMart today. I haven't seen anyone post about finding wave 6 at retail so there it is.

I read a post on Rebelscum where someone found wave 6 in Las Vegas. So it makes sense you found some remnants. It's crazy how Wal-mart is getting all these waves one after another and Target barely carries even wave 4 pegwarmers.

Kidhuman
10-01-2007, 06:15 PM
This is 3 waves in 6 weeks, insane.

MicroJow
10-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Hasbro has really opened the flood gates over the course of the past few weeks. Not only are we seeing Star Wars Waves 4, 5, and 6, but they managed to flood the pegs with SW Legends Wave 2, and now 3 is showing up! Plus, their Marvel Legends Fantastic Four BAF series AND their Marvel Legends Spider-Man BAF series are starting to show up. I will be broke very shortly.

- J

Cataclizm1
10-01-2007, 07:09 PM
I just saw the coolest thing at Hawthorne TRU: A car in the parking lot painted in Obi-wan starfighter colors, with insignias, blasters on the side, and R2 in the trunk area. The plates said "OBISHWN," and when he did his car alarm R2 started talking. Anyone know him?

Jango Speck
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I just saw the coolest thing at Hawthorne TRU: A car in the parking lot painted in Obi-wan starfighter colors, with insignias, blasters on the side, and R2 in the trunk area. The plates said "OBISHWN," and when he did his car alarm R2 started talking. Anyone know him?

That guy shows up at all SW conventions and official LFL events/museum exhibits. He might be affiliated with the 501st. His car is one of the best out there, next to the Millennium Falcon car.

toonimator
10-01-2007, 08:07 PM
I always thought that was just a 'Rebel fighter' car? With A-wing colors, but obviously not an A-wing given the R2 in the back. Never seen it in person, just photos on the 'net.

I believe EE's finally got my Wave 5 case in. The charge is pending!

Now to just get an extra McVader or two and a few CZ-4s--and a few McSnowies since I missed out on the online ones--and I'll be all caught up. (Amazon order arrived today, I believe; figures, I'm the one who said "We'll all get them by next Friday" to Snags over on RS, and mine don't show up until Monday!)

BlueSnags
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Another amazon order trickled in today - this time a few McSnowies showed up. Great figure - still need to pick up a few more of them to complete my squad. Maybe Turbo will hook me up with a few of the 15 he ordered. :thumbsup:

-Snags

gambitguru
10-01-2007, 11:40 PM
thanks COMMTECh for the MP skywarp. your a good guy in my book. meet commtech for 1st time. very cool guy. super nice dude. ill be looking out for the figs you need. thanks once again. happy hunts

Commtech
10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey man, it was a pleasure to meet you too. Anything you need if I can help, I'll be happy 2. :thumbsup:

stillakid
10-02-2007, 12:29 AM
your a good guy in my book.

I looked in your book (http://www.amazon.com/MindWare-Gambit/dp/B000GYUYCE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7/103-4013355-6371868?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1191302291&sr=8-7), but couldn't find that guy in it at all. :confused:

gambitguru
10-02-2007, 01:26 AM
I looked in your book (http://www.amazon.com/MindWare-Gambit/dp/B000GYUYCE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7/103-4013355-6371868?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1191302291&sr=8-7), but couldn't find that guy in it at all. :confused:

aww..man somebody got it. after all these years i didnt think somebody would find out the meaning of my forum name. i am a guru at that game. i think it is from the same makers that brought you mastermind. is it like tetris on a whole new level. maybe like tetris on steroids. maybe. im just sayin'.
hows it going stilla. long time no hear. happy hunts

stillakid
10-02-2007, 01:49 AM
aww..man somebody got it. after all these years i didnt think somebody would find out the meaning of my forum name. i am a guru at that game. i think it is from the same makers that brought you mastermind. is it like tetris on a whole new level. maybe like tetris on steroids. maybe. im just sayin'.
hows it going stilla. long time no hear. happy hunts

Thanks. I've just been roamin the world for the past year. Mostly internet shopping for this crap. I check hasbrotoyshop.com in between tanning sessions by the pool. :smoker:

K M Toydarian
10-02-2007, 04:43 AM
As long as the new waves keep coming, I don't mind they are all hitting, but hopefully they will continue to show up without the pegwarmers from each wave botching it all up.
Personally, I haven't seen anything past Wave 4 from Wal-Mart a couple months ago, except for a couple of Wave 4 stragglers at TRU last week for the sale. Still have not seen CZ-4 though, and that is one I need 1 more of to open (getting the first 1 from EE case soon.)

Almost bought the cool Boba Fett Fabriche Xmas statue from Target today, except it was broken in the box (Candy Cane rifle was broken).
NoHo Target was full pegs-o-figs, but nothing really new, just assorted older Legends and TAC.

toonimator
10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
My Amazon figures DID arrive. Ripped open 4-LOM (tighter hands than the loose one I got off eBay a few weeks ago, worried I'll snap 'em so I didn't mess much; not happy about the POTF2-sculpt rifle), Lando (cheap as cheap can be, right hand can't even hold the blaster! cool holster, but disappointing overall), and Han (great accessory, lame figure; too broad up top, too skinny in the legs). I haven't opened Pharl, but I know what's coming: decent Rebel officer ala Derlin, with the puny peashooter blaster despite the back of the card showing the heftier more accurate DH-17.

BlueSnags
10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I've got a sealed case of Wave 6 sitting here (ordered from BBTS for $95 shipped). If anyone would like it, shoot me a PM.

-Snags

Commtech
10-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Just came back from target and noticed they restocked deluxe transformers. Hey Toon, did you finally get your CC BB this morning?

toonimator
10-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Nope, I've skipped Target the last few days. Mostly just because I've got Wave 5 at EE waiting and got most of Wave 6 yesterday, so it's only CZ-4 and extra McVaders I'd be after of what's out... funny, I DID think "Maybe I should go today just in case they've got more Transformers." :( Ah well, the search for '08 Bumblebee continues. So much for the "They'll be TONS of all of these in a month or two" notion!

JodyB
10-02-2007, 02:50 PM
No 08 BB's, it was a Assortment 1 like when the toys first come out!

Tycho
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Dang. I'd like another Barricade.

I was out at Wal-Mart really early today and they had plenty of the Deluxe waves, but not that first one with Barricade.

Gambitguru, glad you also like MP Skywarp. It's cool having another MP Seeker, huh?

I don't buy a lot of Transformers, but love the ones I pick out.

BTW, the same Wal-Mart had plenty of the new Saga Legends (wave 3?) with Pit Droids, Imperial Officers, Clone Officers from E2, etc.

Kidhuman
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Snags, just a heads up , I got the Dark troopers I needed today. Thanks for looking out for me though.

K M Toydarian
10-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Just got shipping notice for my 2 cases of wave 5 from Entertainment Earth. I had selected Will Call/Pickup, but seems like they are being sent FedEx. There was no shipping charge reflected though.
I wasn't sure when the EE move would happen, but seems like stuff is coming from Texas now. I'll have to give them a call and see if they are honoring the Will Call for upcoming orders - Still have 1 more order a wave 4 revision, and waves 6&7.

CrunchyNug
10-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I'll have to give them a call and see if they are honoring the Will Call for upcoming orders - Still have 1 more order a wave 4 revision, and waves 6&7.

I'm in the same boat. They HAVE moved the warehouse to TX, and any pre-orders that were placed when they still had "will call" in CA will be shipped from TX at no charge. I still have 1 more order of a wave 4 revision, and waves 6&7 also.

Jango Speck
10-03-2007, 02:07 AM
NFC will be shipping waves 5/6 on Wed./Thurs.

gambitguru
10-03-2007, 02:08 AM
stashed an arcee at a target pm me for location

Cataclizm1
10-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Today at Walmart I found some of wave 5 and 6. They only had 1 each Yoda Kybuck, Darth Malak, and I nabbed them. There was also 1 pre-cyborg Grievous and Darth Revan but another guy beat me to them. I also picked up General McQuarrie, 4-LOM, and a couple of McSnowies. They also had a C3PO with crumb and Starkiller but the cards were beat to hell so I passed. In fact most of the cards were beat to hell. I think maybe the huge package for the Hermi Odle messing the others up. All the other guys in the waves were pretty abundant. Also funny thing, the 2 wave 5 figures I picked up rang up at $2.50! There might still be some McSnowies left, if you want the store location PM me.

Commtech
10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
I have a couple of gold coin figs.: r2 and mace (galactic marine was already gone, sorry). PM me if you need them. (I won't be able to meet up today though)

Jango Speck
10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
PM sent Commtech.

Jango Speck
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Just found loads of wave 6 at stephensons ranch. No snowtroopers though. They had most of wave 5, but some old man grabbed hermie. Also, at Burbank TRU this morning at opening, some other "old man" was in the SW aisle with several "lists". Since they had nothing good, he moved on.

stillakid
10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Some old man grabbed hermie.

Isn't Hermie up there that nice old lady who stocks shelves? :sur:

toonimator
10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
My EE Wave 5 has shipped as well! I was wondering about the whole will-call thing.

Luuuuuuke
10-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Got two McSnowies at Pico Rivera Wal-Mart. Had to raid a box on a pallet though. Felt guilty. But what the hell.

stillakid
10-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Got two McSnowies at Pico Rivera Wal-Mart. Had to raid a box on a pallet though. Felt guilty. But what the hell.

Confessionals on aisle 4 next to Housewares.

Jango Speck
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM
How early in the day does WM put their pallets out?

wampaslayr
10-04-2007, 12:10 AM
WalMart at Kelly Johnson Pkwy in Valencia had Wave 4, 5, 6 on pegs. No McSnowies. Picked up General McQ.

Jango Speck
10-04-2007, 12:12 AM
WalMart at Kelly Johnson Pkwy in Valencia had Wave 4, 5, 6 on pegs. No McSnowies. Picked up General McQ.

Me thinks someone cherry picked Santa Clarita today...

Tycho
10-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Had to raid a box on a pallet though. Felt guilty. But what the hell.

I didn't do that the other night and I probably would have ended up with most of my 6 Leia Starkillers I wanted if I had, not to mention my 5 CZ-4's.

I so want to put them all up on eBay. :rolleyes: NOT.

I want to use Leia Starkiller for:

1) Patron in Club Outlander
2) Customer at Dexter's Diner
3) Visitor to Cloud City
4) Traveler in Mos Espa
5) Fan in the Pod Racing stands
6) passenger on the Outland freighter

and CZ-4 for:

1) Jawa Sandcrawler
2) Jabba's Droid Dungeon
3) Mos Eisley Spaceport
4) streets of Mos Espa
5) underlevel streets of Coruscant

Note to scalpers - I'm hunting these down because I won't pay over $8 a figure (rounded off) for any of them and CAN get them myself so I won't utilize your "help."

But if it takes playing hardball, I might start pallet-raiding myself if I have to. The last time I needed to misbehave like that was about this time of year in 2006 to nab me Chief Chirpa when he was brand new. I don't know. Something just came over me and I started singing the Ewok song and unwrapping large quantities of cellophane.

Commtech
10-04-2007, 01:17 AM
I have a couple of gold coin figs.: r2 and mace (galactic marine was already gone, sorry). PM me if you need them. (I won't be able to meet up today though)

Still available. Also available are to General McQuarries. Pm me if interested.

darkagent
10-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Just wondering if anyone here would be interested in parting with any extra Wave 4 curved Cantina bar pieces. Thanks.

gambitguru
10-04-2007, 04:01 AM
Still available. Also available are to General McQuarries. Pm me if interested.

you have a pm, thanks

wampaslayr
10-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Me thinks someone cherry picked Santa Clarita today...

I got to that WalMart a little after 9:00 pm and the pallets were out ready for restocking. There were five empty SW boxes laying by the pallet. I don't know what time those boxes were raided, but there were no concept figs whatsoever on the pegs from all that stock and there were no UGH figs either. Somebody walked away with a nice score last night.

Luuuuuuke
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM
How early in the day does WM put their pallets out?

My observation over the last two weeks, which is when I've become a night owl, is that around 10-10:30 p.m., they've had pallets out with all kinds of boxes. Every single time I've found the stuff I've wanted--with the exception of wave 5--I've gone to a couple of Wal-Marts at that time.

The problem is that that is not necessarily when they actually hang the figures on the pegs. They probably do that much later--if the SW cases are kind of low down. In every instance, I've had to ask if I could check the boxes(and offered to hang the extras on the pegs), or simply raided them. As I'm not getting a lot of extras at all, I don't feel I'm depriving anyone but the scalpers who would undoubtedly show up at 3 in the morning. (As a matter of fact, the San Dimas Wal-Mart, which I rarely hit, has a pretty dedicated group of 2 to three collectors/scalpers who grab everything, an employee told me; one bought $800 of figures a week or so ago).

When I got the two McSnowtroopers, that box was open. But nothing had been taken. It was about 10:30 p.m, so maybe the stocker was about to hang those. But just in case, I went back a couple of hours later, and sure enough, nothing was on the pegs, and none of the discarded boxes were SW ones.

Which brings me to the last point: I think they often put the cases back in the stockroom, especially if the pegs are kind of full(or if they're too lazy to truly fill the pegs cause they look "kinda" full). Either way, your window to get stuff can be pretty small. Which is why I finally turned into a friggin' pallet pirate, to my everlasting shame.

JodyB
10-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Found the Bumblebee Target exclusive 2 pack this morning at Burbank. There were 6 of them total.

MicroJow
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
There is no shame in being a pallet pirate. You're at the store to buy something and if it is there in the store, you should be allowed to buy it. Period. The employees are there to serve you, hence the term "Customer Service Representative." Taking the time to open a box they are going to open anyway should not be an arguing point with them. I know it rarely works out so cut & dry, but that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be.

- J

Tycho
10-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I was so nice. Drat!

There was at least 3-4 of my CZ-4s (I still don't have this figure) and probably as many of my Leia Starkillers packed in cases on a pallet before me last Saturday night / Sunday morning.

The stockers were working a different section and hadn't gotten to toys yet, and I was going to my brother's wedding later that day, so I couldn't wait. I left them all alone. Sure enough, some local collectors I know raided the pallets maybe only 1/2 hour after I left.

That's what happens when I play "nice." If I'd hoarded, I would have pallet raided and taken every last one of the Leia Starkillers and CZ-4's that the store had received, and then not gone back to that location (if I was done with the figure) until Wave 6 or 7 was shipping.

Someone else doesn't have to compete with me if I'm not even going there, right? Might as well get it done with next time.

Anyway, I usually don't post about pallets because that just brings out the lurkers who read our forums and then compete with us so they can scalp the figures - or even other collectors who do not trade with us. Thus, I don't usually post about the pallets, but after 12 years or so, it's not exactly a secret.

Commtech
10-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Anyone can hook me up with a McSnowie? .....Please?

Luuuuuuke
10-04-2007, 02:53 PM
There is no shame in being a pallet pirate. You're at the store to buy something and if it is there in the store, you should be allowed to buy it. Period. The employees are there to serve you, hence the term "Customer Service Representative." Taking the time to open a box they are going to open anyway should not be an arguing point with them. I know it rarely works out so cut & dry, but that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be.

- J

Some Wal-Mart employees don't really care. Actually, check that. If you ask, they'll often say sure go ahead. Or they'll open the boxes for you. They might appreciate it if you don't make a huge mess.

At one Wal-Mart, a stocker told me he didn't care because he doesn't work toys. But he straight out told me some employees sit on cases so they can get stuff.

I don't hoard toys. I army build clones, but not even that many. 4 or 5. I got 8 galactic Marines, but that was over several visits. As far as the McFigures, with the vast majority, I'm getting only 2. If I see 2 more McSnowies, I'd get them, for a total of 4. That's about right for me. When I see Starkiller, I'll get no more than 2. Darth Malak, Darth Revan and some of the other figures I'm interested in, I'm only going to get one of.

I know I shouldn't feel guilty about raiding pallets, but as you still generally have to do it on the sly, it still feels somewhat forebidden.

By the way, if I don't stash stuff for people it's because almost no one who posts here seems to live in my area. I've offered before to stash stuff a couple of times before, but got no response. Let me know otherwise.

Commtech
10-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Found the Bumblebee Target exclusive 2 pack this morning at Burbank. There were 6 of them total.

Did you stash any?

gambitguru
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
went to target balboa. no new sw. they had TF deluxes. 2 barricades, couple swindles, bonecrushers, brawl. no bumblebee

target corbin. had same stuff TF deluxes. no bumble bee. repaint rachet&megatron voyagers. no new SW.

MicroJow
10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Anyone have a spare McStarkiller to trade for a McSnowtrooper?

- J!

BlueSnags
10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
PM Sent.

-Snags

JodyB
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Did you stash any?

nope, wasn't a good morning too...

Kidhuman
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I am a pallet raider. I tend to go to WM at night because I perfer to shop then. I have gotten many a figure that way. If an employee tells me I am not allowed to open the boxes, I simply reply to them "They dont sell in the case do they?" and walk off with what I want.

Commtech
10-04-2007, 07:49 PM
nope, wasn't a good morning too...

??????? What do you mean? Someone gave you a hard time or what?:sad:

K M Toydarian
10-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Back in March, I was at the 24hr Wal-Mart in Santa Clarita and found many boxes of the TREACHERY ON SALEUCAMI Battlepack on pallets. It was around 3:30am and there was no employee around for miles, and I didn't want to wait forever for help to arrive. I opened a case to get the 1 set I wanted. As I continued to shop, someone did come up to me and told I me couldn't have that and not to touch the pallets, and seemed really upset that I wanted to buy something, a Wal-Mart exclusive mind you, which I explained to him. There were at least 20 boxes of them too.
I think the problem was there was a ton of Spiderman stuff with street dates on them, as that was the reason he gave me for not being allowed to sell them. I explained the box of Star Wars had no street date, I couldn't find help, I was the only customer there, etc.
He just made me feel really ashamed for wanting to buy the toy. It was plain terrible customer service! But I just knew I wouldn't be at Wal-Mart again any time soon.
That's my pallet raiding story.
Anywho...
Ordered a CZ-4 from Amazon (actually Amazon, bot a third party seller through Amazon) for 6.99, free Prime shipping. Wanted 2, but there was only 1 left.

figrin bran
10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
They might be sold out already but Walmart.com had some CZ-4's this morning.

Luuuuuuke
10-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I am a pallet raider. I tend to go to WM at night because I perfer to shop then. I have gotten many a figure that way. If an employee tells me I am not allowed to open the boxes, I simply reply to them "They dont sell in the case do they?" and walk off with what I want.

Yeah, seriously, what are they going to do, right? I doubt they'd want to make a big ruckus out of it. If the employee that gave me a little lip had been a guy it would have been easier to push back a little; but since it was a woman, I felt I had no choice but to be polite, even as I took what I wanted.

Next time I'll just take a case, walk with it somewhere completely different and open it there:D Then I can bring the extras back and hang them on the pegs as if I just had a change of heart about buying figures that were already on the pegs.

Screw them. They have their priorities all screwed up. I do agree with KM Toydarian though, they do make you feel a little ashamed for a while.

AussieScott
10-04-2007, 11:24 PM
All this talk of pallet-raiding in the wee hours has made me realise just what an impossible task I face. I am there maybe just 2-3 days a month... not only does it have to be the right day but also, it seems, the right hour.

Which begs the question... why go to all the trouble of manufacturing a product, but then only making enough to last an hour or so at retail???

On another note... I'm happy to pay ebayers and other scalpers $10 or so a figure if I can find them. The Suggested Retail Price of a standard figure in Aus is $15 (and even more in Europe), so scalpers still represent a bargain for some.

stillakid
10-05-2007, 12:07 AM
All this talk of pallet-raiding in the wee hours has made me realise just what an impossible task I face. I am there maybe just 2-3 days a month... not only does it have to be the right day but also, it seems, the right hour.

Which begs the question... why go to all the trouble of manufacturing a product, but then only making enough to last an hour or so at retail???

On another note... I'm happy to pay ebayers and other scalpers $10 or so a figure if I can find them. The Suggested Retail Price of a standard figure in Aus is $15 (and even more in Europe), so scalpers still represent a bargain for some.

Yeah, I'm like that. On occasion, I can make it to Target or TRU if I happen to be going that way, but I can't patrol the aisles at dawn looking for pallets or hunting down hidden figures. I've been the recipient of some very generous help from people here, but I try to get what I need via internet sources when I can. I've been ordering cases from EE and keep an eye on Hasbrotoyshop.com. The fruitless trips to retail stores are frustrating, use gas pointlessly, and are made even more useless knowing that the boxes are raided before anyone really has a chance to find anything at reasonable hours of the day. I'd hate to be a kid in this day and age. I'd collect just about anything else.

gambitguru
10-05-2007, 01:52 AM
cz-4 walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7790532
hurry hurry

Tycho
10-05-2007, 02:45 AM
First, I went to Wal-Mart tonight and they had a ton of Wave 6's on the pallet - like 6 cases of it, plus the Saga Legends with the Biker Scout etc. (I don't know what case No. that one is - "4" I think).

All I wanted was 1 Han Torture (looks better than I thought it would - but I haven't opened him yet) and 2 Landos - the way his vest is sculpted it makes him look pot-bellied and the face isn't the best effort. They probably had 8-10 cases of Wave 6 total. But I didn't need to pallet raid, as some were already put out. The McSnowTroopers were gone, but I wasn't going to buy them anyway as they look stupid in my opinion.

Anyway, I had put 5 CZ-4's in my shopping cart on the Wal-Mart link that Gambitguru provided, but then I calculated it to making each of the figures cost like $9.10 each with shipping, and I decided I'd rather find this stuff in the store, as I'm going to be looking for more Starkillers and Grievous anyway. With the quantities they are getting in, I am optimistic that I'll find what I want.

Well, that's that.

toonimator
10-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Got my EE Wave 5 today! Man, it's the Assortment of Flimsy Swivel Joints. Malak's right forearm fell off when I opened the package, McVader's left forearm is rather floppy, and Starkiller's arms aren't much better. AND the Kybuck's back leg (the one you gotta plug in) is loose. Had a blast posing the figures, really like Stakiller, love Revan (just needs some new legs maybe, and some sculpting to cover the silly bald & scarred head they gave him), love the Malak figure but not the paint on the head of mine (one big stripe missing, the rest sloppy, and the scarred sculpt is weird). 3PO's okay, probably my least fave of the bunch. Roron's awesome, for now I gave him Starkiller's saber (looks better than the McStormie saber). I plan to get a few Starkillers for customs, so one swapped saber's no biggie.

figrin bran
10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
As far as lightsabers for Roron go, an even better alternative than Starkiller's are the blue ones that came with the Clone Wars Grievous bust-up.

BlueSnags
10-05-2007, 11:07 AM
The McSnowTroopers were gone, but I wasn't going to buy them anyway as they look stupid in my opinion.

Blasphemy.:whip:

Also, big thanks to MicroJow and CrunchyNug for the trades yesterday.

-Snags

aeneas89
10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I stashed 2 gold coin mace windu's and 2 gold coin R2D2's in Culver City Toys R Us this morning.

PM for location.

Luuuuuuke
10-05-2007, 06:40 PM

I think someone is afraid if they made all the figures really, really plentiful and easy to get, the allure of the figures and the whole line would be dulled. You know how it is, you want stuff more the harder it is to get.

Most of the SW figures are easy to find. And a lot of them become peg warmers. If the Concept Figures were produced in numbers that reflected their popularity, I really believe they would eventually become peg warmers. No different than the Galactic Marines or a lot of the clones, even the cooler ones.

It's actually pretty smart of Hasbro. Think about all the cases of figures people buy just to get a few hard to find figures. Like wave 6. It's a pretty sucky wave. Or at least, it's not a wave that has any figures that should be that hard to find, except for the Concept figure. But how many people decided to order entire cases out of anxiety that they would not otherwise find that figure?

It's good for online retailers, and it's good for Hasbro cause they probably end up selling more cases to those places. It's the whole, "Keep them wanting more" trick. Something has to be working for them. If you really think about it, there isn't a great variety of pegwarmers at any one time.

BlueSnags
10-05-2007, 07:08 PM
For my fellow ACME collectors:

Exclusive Boba Fett Character Key up on SWS.com

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414358

-Snags

CrunchyNug
10-05-2007, 09:26 PM
For my fellow ACME collectors:

Exclusive Boba Fett Character Key up on SWS.com

-Snags

I don't collect this line, but that Fett is SWEET!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
10-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Long Beach - both my local walmarts had saga legends, both waves, picked up dirty sandtrooper, boba and biker scout but they had everything else. Had about 10 cases of wave 4 (everything) and found ugh biggs pilot AND, wave 6, no kidding! Needless to say, I spent many bones on star wars figures and it felt GREAT! I rarely get this lucky, as it seems I always get figures a month or so after they are out but not this time WOOT WOOT! :whip:

p.s. thanks for the link to the boba fett character key Blue Snags!

figrin bran
10-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I got a shipping notice from New Force. The funny thing is that I don't even recall ordering wave 6 from them and I already received my wave 5 case so at this point I don't really know what i'm getting.

BlueSnags
10-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Maybe it's Wave 7.:hurt:

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I got a shipping notice from New Force. The funny thing is that I don't even recall ordering wave 6 from them and I already received my wave 5 case so at this point I don't really know what i'm getting.

NFC always puts a numeric code at the bottom of their notices. Mine said 5 and 6 for wave 5 and 6 shipments. Does yours have a 6 or 7 somewhere?

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Long Beach - both my local walmarts had saga legends, both waves, picked up dirty sandtrooper, boba and biker scout but they had everything else. Had about 10 cases of wave 4 (everything) and found ugh biggs pilot AND, wave 6, no kidding! Needless to say, I spent many bones on star wars figures and it felt GREAT! I rarely get this lucky, as it seems I always get figures a month or so after they are out but not this time WOOT WOOT! :whip:I'm not sure what I'm more jealous of Deoxy, the fact that you found wave 6, or that you have 2 Wal-marts when I have to drive 20 miles to get to a lone store. :p

Target W.Hollywood had zippidy doo dah. TRU Los Feliz had leftovers from wave 4.

figrin bran
10-05-2007, 11:06 PM
NFC always puts a numeric code at the bottom of their notices. Mine said 5 and 6 for wave 5 and 6 shipments. Does yours have a 6 or 7 somewhere?

Hmmmm...well it says "Reference Number 1: 6" so I'm getting wave 6?

I could sure use the 2 McSnowies and maybe an extra 4-LOM but everything else can be up for grabs for you guys.

note to self: don't drink and then go online and spend money :p

Snags, thanks! I preordered my Fett key!

aeneas89
10-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I stashed 2 gold coin mace windu's and 2 gold coin R2D2's in Culver City Toys R Us this morning.

PM for location.

one mace and one r2 claimed, one mace and one r2 still available if anyone is interested.

Jango Speck
10-06-2007, 12:06 PM
If anybody strikes gold at Walmart this weekend- please think of me. There's not much I want, but Starkiller and a couple McSnowtroopers.

Kidhuman
10-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Snags, I found a Blonde haired Imp Officer today, soi they are out there righjt now. If I get an extra I will let you know.

BlueSnags
10-06-2007, 04:14 PM
KH, found the blonde haired Imperial the other day, so I'm good to go with him. Still need the Saga Legends clean orange pauldron Sandtrooper and the clean white pauldron Sandtrooper, though.

Burbank TRU had the new Cars this afternoon. Picked up Dale Earnhardt Jr and Bob Cutlass, along with a Titanium Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II (black variant). Crunchy - I grabbed you a set as well (along with a Yeti). Speck - I stashed you a Tongue McQueen. PM for location. Both Chef Boyardee (a.k.a. You Know How It Is) and Dazed & Confused (the assistant manager) weren't working today, so new stuff actually made it to the pegs. Good times.

Also stashed two Saga Legends Red Battle Droids - PM me for location.

-Snags:bandit:

Commtech
10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Finally someone was kind enough to help me with a McSnowie. 2 actually. Thanks to Aneel for the trade. Anyway, this is a fu@#ing awesome figure!! I am very happy with this right now I even want to cry!! LOL!!!!!:thumbsup:

(Toon, I sent you a pm about a CCBB stash. Did you get it?)

Jango Speck
10-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Snags,

Thanks for the "Cars" stash- I'm now caught up (I think).

For some reason, Burbank TRU has a full peg of 501st blue clones- how can you tell the difference between the variant? Is it the waist articulation? They also had a few wave 4 figures. When oh when will Target get their S together?

figrin bran
10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I got lucky with Cars today but not SW. From La Brea Target, I got Cutlass and Dale Jr along with a Tongue McQ for Speck but I guess you don't need it know.

From Crenshaw WM, I was able to score the 4 exclusives. They two Yoda + Kybucks and a scalper had some wave 6 in his cart.

Cataclizm1
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Found a lone Darktrooper w/ Gold Coin at target today. Someone else bought the rest of the wave.

Can someone help me find the wave 3 of 25th GI JOE? If you do I will be eternally grateful!
I need: Zartan, Stalker (Yellow and green version), Firefly, Shipwreck, Red Ninja

figrin bran
10-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Wave 3???? I haven't even seen Wave 2 of the Joes!

CrunchyNug
10-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I found w3 this morning at Target. Surprised actually. I got Firefly & Red Ninja.

toonimator
10-07-2007, 08:08 PM
For some reason, Burbank TRU has a full peg of 501st blue clones- how can you tell the difference between the variant? Is it the waist articulation? They also had a few wave 4 figures. When oh when will Target get their S together?
If you mean the SA variant, it won't be out for awhile. Maybe not even this year! Some Hasbro Q&A mentioned it a couple weeks ago I seem to recall.

Anyway, you can spot the variant from the waist joint, the upside down belt, the lack of a removable helmet, and ball-jointed shoulders :)

Commtech, I finally got out to Target this afternoon. Still there! Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to open him up. I think I'm done with Movie TFs for good, unless I cave in & buy the Leader Brawl or some form of Megatron. They had Wave 2 of the Robot Replicas, except for Frenzy. Jazz looked pretty sad, and Optimus downright horrible... not nearly enough blue on his head. Looked like a knock-off.

The toy aisle was a mess... the other day I saw a Jedi Luke there, but now there's just oodles of leftovers from 1 & 2, tons of space for more Legends, TAC, and Comic Packs. Nice to see CARS finally back at Target, too bad it was all Maters & old stuff. Almost-full JLU pegs, featuring the usual Batman & Superman variants... I did see Lex there the other day, but that's one of the WORST color schemes Mattel's ever tried to run with. I'll gladly stick with my old 3-pack Lex.

figrin bran
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Almost-full JLU pegs, featuring the usual Batman & Superman variants... I did see Lex there the other day, but that's one of the WORST color schemes Mattel's ever tried to run with. I'll gladly stick with my old 3-pack Lex.

No kidding! Lex is probably trying to kill Supes off with laughter! I actually bought one of those neon lime greens for custom fodder. I've already begun work on the mustard yellow suit that he wore in the last few episodes of JLU.

wampaslayr
10-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Nothing new in the Santa Clarita area. I've written off the Valencia Target. Still the same old Legends Wave 1 & 2 cluttering the pegs. I did manage to find UGH McFett and UGH Vader at WalMart mixed with remnants of Wave 4 and 5.

Commtech
10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
If anyone finds a Super Heroes Clayface (Batman villain) please, please stash!!

figrin bran
10-07-2007, 10:58 PM

I've only seen it once and bought it but the next one I find will be yours.

Commtech
10-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I've only seen it once and bought it but the next one I find will be yours.

Thanks Fig! I like that figure a lot.

CrunchyNug
10-07-2007, 11:59 PM

Whoa, just ran into one this morning at Target...if I'd only known earlier. There was Clayface & Joker. Yesterday they had Batman & Catwoman.

Commtech
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Whoa, just ran into one this morning at Target...if I'd only known earlier. There was Clayface & Joker. Yesterday they had Batman & Catwoman.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cataclizm1
10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Commtech pm sent.

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Hmmmm...well it says "Reference Number 1: 6" so I'm getting wave 6?

I could sure use the 2 McSnowies and maybe an extra 4-LOM but everything else can be up for grabs for you guys.

note to self: don't drink and then go online and spend money :pDon't drink and do ANYTHING online, it always haunts ya! Anyway, I'll take Pharl General McQuarrie from that case.

gambitguru
10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
went to a target today saw a couple of the bumble bee 2 packs. pick up a couple. nothing new in star wars

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 07:15 PM
went to a target today saw a couple of the bumble bee 2 packs. pick up a couple. nothing new in star wars
Which Target?

Kidhuman
10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I know a few of you guys are collecting the UGH figs here. I have a McStormie UGH up for trade for a McSnowy. PM if interested. I might also have a McFett as well(stasehd, gonna grab it tomorrow)

figrin bran
10-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Don't drink and do ANYTHING online, it always haunts ya! Anyway, I'll take Pharl General McQuarrie from that case.

Cool, I'll set aside a Gen. McQ for ya, JT.

Funny Money
10-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I got lucky with Cars today but not SW. From La Brea Target, I got Cutlass and Dale Jr along...

OH MY!!! I just got back from the Nascar race in Talladega,.. Yes, I'm a redneck! If ANYONE sees another Dale Jr. Car or Chrome Waltrip (Cartrip),.. PLEASE STASH! Nice score Speck!

bikerscout
10-08-2007, 11:08 PM

this the pack with the dlx BB and Barricade? Scalpers will gobble those up & kids will never be able to get em. a shame

figrin bran
10-09-2007, 12:01 AM
this the pack with the dlx BB and Barricade? Scalpers will gobble those up & kids will never be able to get em. a shame

No, I think he means the Target exclusive 2 pack with 76 BB and "battle damaged" 08 BB.

Commtech
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
No, I think he means the Target exclusive 2 pack with 76 BB and "battle damaged" 08 BB.

Still, we'll see all of those on ebay.

bikerscout
10-09-2007, 01:33 AM

that's right. That'll be a needle in a haystack find. CT - I highly doubt those would be on ebay at a decent price

gambitguru
10-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Which Target?

you have a pm.

i was talking about the 70's and 08 bumble bee 2 pack.

Cataclizm1
10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Went to a Walmart and two Targets this morning and didn't find JACK. Anybody seeing the wave 3 GI JOE 25th anymore? Seems like if you don't see them the 1 day they are in stock you miss out. (help?)

toonimator
10-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Wave 3? Heck, EVERY wave of GI Joe 25th tends to sell out the first day, or at most leave behind any Snake Eyes/Storm Shadows/Cobra Commanders in the case. :p

Picked up the clone Captain at Burbank Target this AM. Just need to be the only one there on a morning where there's 4 Lieutenants, and I'm done with officers ;)

Commtech
10-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Today was clearance day for me at Target. First, at Burbank Target there was a Felucia Battlepack that Toonimator passed on, I bought it for $2.49 + tax (Thanks Toon:)). Then, I went to North Hollywood Target and after seeing nothing interesting on the pegs, I found a VOTC Bossk in a returns cart. It was $1.54 + tax!! I had passed on that figure hoping I would find it on clearance and finally there it was.:thumbsup:

Tycho
10-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Something interesting today:

I hung out at Target for like 15-20 minutes or slightly more this morning. They didn't have anything I wanted. BumbleBee 2008 was in stock on the pegs though. (I have enough already, finally, thanks).

I went into the next isle over and they had a sign up about a recall of some flying model rocket toy that I was reading. Then I played with one of those "teaching electric guitar toys," because I used to dream about being James Hetfield.

I heard shuffling and movement in the Transformers isle! My energon-sensing radar locked on! I stealthily maneuvered like Ravage back over to that isle. A Mexican lady, probably under 30 years old, with a very young baby under one arm and in a "kangaroo pouch carrier," was holding both or all the 2008 BumbleBees the store had. She would buy them minutes later.

Now:

1) She is not likely buying them for herself, or do you think otherwise?+
2) She might not be old enough to have kids who could play with one. Maybe.^
3) If BumbleBee were for her kid, would she need 2 of him? Maybe it was gifts.
4) She could have a scalper boyfriend / husband. I'd suspect.*

+ I have now met girls who are into Transformers because of the movie. BumbleBee is almost exclusively their favorite character. Another thing they do is buy the make / model of the car they drive in a Transformer. But many prefer Optimus Prime, as well.

^ If she's close to 30 years old - she might very well have been younger, she could still have 5 year olds or even a 10 year old at home - she just didn't look like it. Hot mama? Could be.

* (He said, "Hey Baby. Let me take you out to dinner when I can afford to after putting you to work in my booth at the swap meet or once I hock these BumbleBees on eBay." So she got them to help with that.)

------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Target also had a silver box of new Cobra figures for GI Joe. They looked pretty cool, but I forgot to evaluate them as background extras for those doing Star Wars dioramas. I was supposed to pick one up for a friend, but it ended up not being a good decision for me at the time. (For that friend's sake - if you're reading this - there's still 2 sets of these guys over there - you might want to pick them up later this morning if you're swinging by there.)

Jango Speck
10-09-2007, 05:00 PM
At 8:30am today, I found a brown-haired Imperial Officer, Pit Droids and an orange pauldron Sandie at Burbank Target. Very strange leftovers.

On a sad note, I was laid-off this morning- so while I now have plenty of time to cruise every WalMart in L.A., I probably shouldn't spend so much money all at once. The good news is that I may have a new job very soon.

Tycho
10-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your work situation Jango Speck. Please let us know when you receive new, good news on that front, and we'll all celebrate with you.

Kidhuman
10-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Man that bites JS, sorry to hear that. If ya want a job and an empty Target, there are plenty on here for ya.

aeneas89
10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Man that bites JS, sorry to hear that. If ya want a job and an empty Target, there are plenty on here for ya.

holding a good thought for you as well, jango speck.

Funny Money
10-09-2007, 09:49 PM
... The good news is that I may have a new job very soon.

Hope so my man! Let us know!

Jango Speck
10-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the positive thinking guys- I was about to resign before this happened, so it may be a blessing in disguise. Anyway, it looks like I have two extra figures that are up for grabs:

CZ-4
Yoda on Kybuck

Let me know if you are interested. Also, I have several figures that I want to return to Target, but all of my receipts have expired. If anyone has some TAC (not Legends) Target receipts and you don't need them, I'd be grateful if you would help me out- otherwise I'm stuck with several TAC Stormies that I really don't want.

P.S. I brought my GG statue/maquette collection home from the office and they are all setup on my bookshelves tonight. Under the circumstances, my wife didn't give me any grief about how many I have (they all go to the office, so she never knows when I acquire new pieces). Trouble is, I've got to hope that my new job affords me the office space to show them off again.

gambitguru
10-10-2007, 12:17 AM
went to van nuys walmart. pick up a general mcq and han torture rack. left a 4 lom. TF had deluxe wreckage.
still need/havent seen mcsnowies at retail.

Turbowars
10-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the positive thinking guys- I was about to resign before this happened, so it may be a blessing in disguise. Anyway, it looks like I have two extra figures that are up for grabs:

CZ-4
Yoda on Kybuck

Let me know if you are interested. Also, I have several figures that I want to return to Target, but I all of my receipts have expired. If anyone has some TAC (not Legends) Target receipts and you don't need them, I'd be grateful if you would help me out- otherwise I'm stuck with several TAC Stormies that I really don't want.

.Hey Speck, I'll take those 2 figures.

BTW sorry to hear about your job. I've been there.

AussieScott
10-10-2007, 06:43 AM
I'll be up that way next week, if anyone has a line on any of the McQuarries I'd be appreciative (high hopes, I know...) Except for Chewie, who is plentiful here... Wave 3 is as good as we've gotten here so far, and as near as I can tell, we don't get Legends at all.

Speaking of the McQuarries, my local TRU has restocked with the convention exclusives, plenty to go round, if you don't mind paying Aus prices... It amuses me the way international Toys'R'Us stores become dumping grounds for certain lines. Here, it's Darth Maul lightsabres, they had a whole endcap full of them, which never moved, so they marked them down by half and cleared the lot. Today they have another 30 or so back on the shelves. They take up a LOT of shelf space which could be used for something we actually want...

Another favour, if anyone has a Deluxe '08 Bumblebee, I'd appreciate a scan or photocopy of the instructions, or a line on a website which hosts them...

Cheers

Cataclizm1
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Nothing good at two Targets i visited today. :{

CrunchyNug
10-10-2007, 11:05 AM
There's a new ACME character key up at EE...anyone seen this one before???

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AMFGCK02

Commtech
10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
There's a new ACME character key up at EE...anyone seen this one before???

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AMFGCK02

LOL! That one's funny. I won't get it though, but thanks for the link, Nug!

Nothing interesting at Burbank Target.

Luuuuuuke
10-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Now:

1) She is not likely buying them for herself, or do you think otherwise?+
2) She might not be old enough to have kids who could play with one. Maybe.^
3) If BumbleBee were for her kid, would she need 2 of him? Maybe it was gifts.
4) She could have a scalper boyfriend / husband. I'd suspect.*

+ I have now met girls who are into Transformers because of the movie. BumbleBee is almost exclusively their favorite character. Another thing they do is buy the make / model of the car they drive in a Transformer. But many prefer Optimus Prime, as well.

^ If she's close to 30 years old - she might very well have been younger, she could still have 5 year olds or even a 10 year old at home - she just didn't look like it. Hot mama? Could be.

* (He said, "Hey Baby. Let me take you out to dinner when I can afford to after putting you to work in my booth at the swap meet or once I hock these BumbleBees on eBay." So she got them to help with that.)

About how many Bumblebees did she buy anyway?

She's probably buying them for her boyfriend, who may be a scalper. That's my guess. I've seen women(mostly women) on the toy aisles on their phones telling someone what they've found. In fact, when I found wave 4 at Wal-Mart, there was a lady buying up all the gold coin figures for her boyfriend, who ended up showing up later. I assume she does that even when he's not in the store.

BlueSnags
10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Scalping. It brings couples together.

-Snags

Tycho
10-10-2007, 02:38 PM
About how many Bumblebees did she buy anyway?

My sort-of girlfriend got me a BumbleBee as well. And I did not scalp mine. 2 of my 3 are loose on my desk about 1 foot away from me right now as a matter of fact.

stillakid
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM

My sort-of girlfriend got me a BumbleBee as well. And I did not scalp mine. 2 of my 3 are loose on my desk about 1 foot away from me right now as a matter of fact.

I'd kinda like to know exactly how far. Do you have a ruler?

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
TRU Monrovia has SWTF Darth Vader / Death Star sets.

Tycho
10-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I'd kinda like to know exactly how far. Do you have a ruler?

OK, his Concept Camaro form is 19 inches away from me.

His robot formed toy is 23 and 7/8 inches away from me.

I'm not good at metric conversions. Huh. Real Transformers probably use the metric system, don't they?

figrin bran
10-10-2007, 11:41 PM
TRU Monrovia has SWTF Darth Vader / Death Star sets.

I have seen these at Los Feliz TRU as well.

I just bought Darktrooper, Grey Commander, Roron, McVader and Revan off of HTS! the 25FALL code still works too.

BlueSnags
10-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Just got some more Darktroopers.:laugh:

-Snags

Navtek
10-11-2007, 12:03 AM
I think I just grabbed the last McVader. Thanks for the heads up!

orionlukteel
10-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Got Anakin, Roron, and Darktrooper.
Missed McVader, Malak, and Revan tho.:upset: