PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 09:23 PM
It appears a hardware issue has killed our gigantic thread, so we'll just have to use cached versions on Google or Archive.org to see the old days. But enough about the past...

IT'S

the Los Angeles-area Just Found thread, version 2! And may Target have mercy on our souls.

Commtech
03-19-2007, 09:58 PM
What the hell happened? :cross-eye

BlueSnags
03-19-2007, 10:07 PM
We need to get it back. This is comparable to the Smithsonian burning down.:cry:

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 10:13 PM
What the hell happened? :cross-eye
A hardware issue, I said this already. Specifically, the RAID controller on the server died, it controls the various harddrives in the server, and when it went, it funked up some data as well as corrupting the backups. Steve's been working to repair the damage and had the company who writes this software trying to salvage it, but to no avail for our LA Just Found thread. (I actually warned you guys this might happen a couple years ago and tried to head it off, but folks flipped out over it real bad.)

figrin bran
03-19-2007, 10:14 PM
i'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

here's to a new beginning!

apparently the Sith Infiltrator and V Wing have been found at a target in california so be on the lookout for these.

i'm definitely passing on the infiltrator as a means of protest but will buy the V wing for sure.

BlueSnags
03-19-2007, 10:25 PM
If anyone sees the V-Wing and/or the Sith Infiltrator, please stash them for Good Old Snags.

TAC Wave 3, TAC Wave 3.1, TAC Vintage Figures and the Clone Attack Battle Pack are all up for pre-order at EE right now.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 10:26 PM
i'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

here's to a new beginning!

apparently the Sith Infiltrator and V Wing have been found at a target in california so be on the lookout for these.

i'm definitely passing on the infiltrator as a means of protest but will buy the V wing for sure.
Got a source on those sightings? I'm surprised they're hitting already, but not entirely disbelieving because Hasbro's been really crazy with their scheduling for the past 2 years.

figrin bran
03-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Got a source on those sightings? I'm surprised they're hitting already, but not entirely disbelieving because Hasbro's been really crazy with their scheduling for the past 2 years.

front page of rebelscum

i know, i know...not the most popular source around here.

i just might preorder some of the VTAC's. from the Hasbro Q&A's, they're saying that the vintage figs won't be produced in as great quantity as VTSC but more in line with VOTC so if i want to make sure i get a few snowtroopers i might need to order a case.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 10:56 PM
front page of rebelscum

i know, i know...not the most popular source around here.Not a problem with me, they even have a photo of 'em: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/TAC_Vehicles_Found_104375.asp
I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was just forums to forums rumormilling, or you read it off Supershadow. ;)

Jango Speck
03-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Man, whenever this forum goes down, I feel like a junky trying to score. I feel better now, but will miss our sacred historical documents.

didgeboy
03-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Are the Infiltrator and the V wing Target Exclusives?

P.S. and no "only dumb people jokes..." ; )

Turbowars
03-19-2007, 11:45 PM
If anyone sees the V-Wing and/or the Sith Infiltrator, please stash them for Good Old Snags.

TAC Wave 3, TAC Wave 3.1, TAC Vintage Figures and the Clone Attack Battle Pack are all up for pre-order at EE right now.
Dude, if you buy that Infiltrator the next time I stop by your place I will break your Padme Maquette in half. :mad:

Turbowars
03-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Man, whenever this forum goes down, I feel like a junky trying to score. I feel better now, but will miss our sacred historical documents.
What do you need I might be able to hook you up..............

Yeah man there was some crazy funny stuff in those lost posts. The ones with Wonderboy had to be the best. Anyways doesn't matter to me much. it wont take long to get it back to where it was at. :yes:

Anyone see this?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1116/Luke_CIV.jpg

El Chuxter
03-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Egg-cellent!!

My master plan proceeds as egg-spected!

CrunchyNug
03-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Whoah...new thread in L.A.

Thanks again to good old Blue for the EE sightings. Just pre-ordered me some cases!!!

Cheers to the new home of L.A. scalper beat-down central!!!

:ko::whip:

darkagent
03-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, it looks like the Endor AT-AT is back in full force. Saw about 20 at Los Feliz Toys R Us on Sunday.

Jango Speck
03-20-2007, 12:43 AM
What is the Clone Attack BP?

BlueSnags
03-20-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't know, but I ordered one anyway. It says there's clones...

CrunchyNug
03-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Nice to hear the new ships have hit our shores. V-wings gonna need some pilots now.

Commtech
03-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Awesome avatar Speck! Where is that mailbox? I need to go get a picture of me next to one of those posing as threepio.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
03-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Dude, if you buy that Infiltrator the next time I stop by your place I will break your Padme Maquette in half. :mad:

Snags, listen to Turbo!

that Infiltrator sucks. you don't want to buy it. there's no way that vehicle should be smaller than Hasbro's X-Wings.

Jango Speck
03-20-2007, 02:14 AM
Awesome avatar Speck! Where is that mailbox? I need to go get a picture of me next to one of those posing as threepio.:thumbsup:

It's on Alameda, right in front of Jay Leno's studio at NBC (across from the gas station). There's another one by Taco Bell across from WB studios on Olive Ave.

I can't wait until they unveil the new stamps.

santosha
03-20-2007, 11:48 AM
KB has some TAC up at the moment

Commtech
03-20-2007, 12:14 PM
KB has some TAC up at the moment

Thanks Santosha. I was able to order the last 5 Galactic marines they had in stock. Too bad there were no concept troopers left. There are some airborne troopers if anyone cares.

Went to Burbank Target this morning and there were only 2 figures on the pegs: R2 and an airborne trooper. Weird! Where was the rest of the case? Who knows. No signs of the new ships yet.

santosha
03-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Strange I saw the same thing at Target in Culver City on Jefferson, I got there at 8.10am and the Super Battle Droid and Airborne were the only two on the pegs.
Weird

toonimator
03-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Snags, listen to Turbo!

that Infiltrator sucks. you don't want to buy it. there's no way that vehicle should be smaller than Hasbro's X-Wings.
Bah! It was a one-man ship that didn't do anything in the film except a fly-by and sitting behind Darth Maul while he took out his binoculars. It doesn't NEED to be any bigger.

Let me ask you this: do you have a Slave 1 in your collection? It's also ridiculously out of scale! If you've got one, I think you need to throw it away :razz:

The Infiltrator looks great, and the opening front makes for a neat action feature for the kids (and more playful adults) without sacrificing the look of the ship in 'normal' mode.

The V-wing looks amazing, too! I'll be picking up one for myself (maybe 2 eventually) and an Infiltrator for my lady's son.

So Burbank Target's now had Obi-Wan and Lava Miner on one day, and R2 & an Airborne today. Weird.

Jango Speck
03-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Since the Airborne and Galactic Marine clones are shipping in future cases, I've decided not to get all hot and bothered when they show up online. Without free shipping or a coupon, it's just not worth it. I could have saved so much money during Saga 2006 if I had just been more patient. I suffered the paranoia of ROTS when clones would disappear forever, only to resurface in H&V and GB the next year.

BlueSnags
03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Santosha. I was able to order the last 5 Galactic marines they had in stock. Too bad there were no concept troopers left. There are some airborne troopers if anyone cares.

Went to Burbank Target this morning and there were only 2 figures on the pegs: R2 and an airborne trooper. Weird! Where was the rest of the case? Who knows. No signs of the new ships yet.

Sounds like Jackie Chan finally figured out how to use the DPCI. :laugh:

toonimator
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Anyone see this?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1116/Luke_CIV.jpg
I'm getting a 404 page... how'd it look?

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
I guess it seems that the VA thread is now the biggest Just Found one.

hehehehhe

Isobaws&:beard:

Jango Speck
03-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey Snags, thanks for the Airbornes!

Saw some new pictures of the GG ObiWan Clone Armor statue- not very impressed, but my pre-order should be on the way. Let's hope that TAC hits hard next week, and that we see wave 2/3 soon.

Funny Money
03-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh NO!!! the posts are gone! That sucks. Lots of great finds and stashes in there.
Santosha! Nice to see you here. I haven't been on a 8am run in a long while.

SirSteve
03-20-2007, 06:47 PM
We were sent the SSC CIV Luke image yesterday but we are not allowed to post it... I suspect we'll see it on Thursday.

santosha
03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Funny Money long time no see hope all is well and your ready for Celeb IV, my son is I know that.

Funny Money
03-20-2007, 06:55 PM
We were sent the SSC CIV Luke image yesterday but we are not allowed to post it... I suspect we'll see it on Thursday.

AAARRGGGGGH! More money to be spent!

Jango Speck
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
As we get closer, do any of you want to make plans to meet up at CIV? Are any/all of you going to the fan club day (Thursday)?

Turbowars
03-20-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm getting a 404 page... how'd it look?Check it out

santosha
03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I will be there the fan club day and would like to meet and put names to faces. The only time I could get into the store was between 7 and 9pm on Thursday so Im sure my son and I will be there for a while.

Jango Speck
03-20-2007, 08:41 PM
The only time I could get into the store was between 7 and 9pm on Thursday so Im sure my son and I will be there for a while.

What do you mean, do you have to reserve time in the store?

santosha
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
If you want to go to the store to buy items and you are a fan member with a 4 day pass you can have an exclusive time in the store till 9am Friday. It costs nothing to do it you just go back to the web site of Gen Con and pick a time.
"The Celebration IV Store opens at 10am on Thursday, May 24th and runs 24 hours a day until 2pm Monday, May 28th. Official Star Wars Fan Club members who purchase 4-day badges will have exclusive access to the Celebration Store from 10am on Thursday, May 24th until 9 am Friday, May 25th."
This is the quote form the Web site

Tycho
03-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I want to know if anyone here knows where Turbowars lives? I want to buy a Sith Infiltrator and stick it in his yard like a Lawn Knome :laugh:

Actually, I'll buy like 12, park around the corner, and every time he comes outside to get rid of it, I'll stash another one there as soon as he goes back inside!

To be honest, Turbo can make out with this plan as if he returned them all to Target he'd get $240+ off me - but I wouldn't let him get it the easy way!

Turbowars
03-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I want to know if anyone here knows where Turbowars lives? I want to buy a Sith Infiltrator and stick it in his yard like a Lawn Knome :laugh:

Actually, I'll buy like 12, park around the corner, and every time he comes outside to get rid of it, I'll stash another one there as soon as he goes back inside!

To be honest, Turbo can make out with this plan as if he returned them all to Target he'd get $240+ off me - but I wouldn't let him get it the easy way!
Wow, you would do that just for me?:D

stillakid
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM

Find the R2 mailbox next to NBC, head West for two blocks, make a right.

Tycho
03-20-2007, 10:52 PM
It would make a funny YouTube video for sure!

Then film the customer service counter in Target when Turbo carries a stack of 12 of the ships in stacked 6ft high, or wheels that many in on a shopping cart and zoom in on the employee's expression behind the counter.

See if Turbo eBays them, he'll have to spend 12 weeks doing so dealing with his much-hated ship or he'll deflate his own auction prices by flooding them out there.

And if Target only allows so much of a return without a receipt, we could follow him to various Targets, Toys R Us stores, Wal-Marts, etc. or see him try to sell those to Jackie Chan or Headphones outside of Frank And Sons' and get that on film. Hehe.

The point being Turbo: you'd see more of that ship than you'd ever care to and EARN your $240 or such.:D

Jango Speck
03-21-2007, 01:22 AM
If you want to go to the store to buy items and you are a fan member with a 4 day pass you can have an exclusive time in the store till 9am Friday. It costs nothing to do it you just go back to the web site of Gen Con and pick a time.
"The Celebration IV Store opens at 10am on Thursday, May 24th and runs 24 hours a day until 2pm Monday, May 28th. Official Star Wars Fan Club members who purchase 4-day badges will have exclusive access to the Celebration Store from 10am on Thursday, May 24th until 9 am Friday, May 25th."
This is the quote form the Web site

That sucks, I thought that it meant that the fan club members had all day Thursday to hit the store. So if I've waited this long to pre-register, am I gonna get stuck with a 3am reservation?

BlueSnags
03-21-2007, 01:30 AM
I reserved a time on Thursday from 12PM to 3PM. Gotta get in early and get out.

Found the WM-Exclusive Treachery on Saleucami Battle Pack earlier today - very cool set! It's cool to finally have a Commander Neyo figure. Also grabbed 3 more McQuarrie Troopers and 2 more Galactic Marines while at WM.:laugh:

JediTricks
03-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Spotted a few Tantive IV Battle Packs at Target West Hollywood tonight. Also, they have a bunch of the ROTS Clone Trooper Blaster on clearance (unmarked) for $4.98, this is actually the fairly-decent POTF2 Stormtrooper blaster mold but instead of ridiculous white or camo or the new goofy clean gray & black with huge logo, it's just black with silver paint weathering (and that blaster toy is based directly on Kenner's Electronic Laser Rifle mold, which itself was based on the 3-Position Laser Rifle toy but without the moving motor and folding stock, which is the one drawback to this mold since the folding stock under the barrel is the accurate look and no stock is no accurate).

Are the Infiltrator and the V wing Target Exclusives?

P.S. and no "only dumb people jokes..." ; )No, they are not exclusives.

I just realized, my post count is gonna take a hit from losing that thread. :p

Jango Speck
03-21-2007, 01:45 AM
OK, I registered for CIV 4-day pass, but only had late times for the store (after 1am). That sucks. So, I'm going to the store on Friday. Hey Snags, give me a call when you're at the store if there's anything cool that looks like it will run out.

BlueSnags
03-21-2007, 01:51 AM
OK, I registered for CIV 4-day pass, but only had late times for the store (after 1am). That sucks. So, I'm going to the store on Friday. Hey Snags, give me a call when you're at the store if there's anything cool that looks like it will run out.

Will do.:bandit:

figrin bran
03-21-2007, 01:58 AM
i'm only going to 1 day of C IV so i guess i should count on not being able to land any of the exclusives. :cry:

CrunchyNug
03-21-2007, 03:09 AM
I got a 4-day pass. I'll probably pop into the store sometime before the weekend, but it looks like my options are shrinking due to the popularity of this new Quick Path. Gotta make my reserevation now.:whip:

JediTricks
03-21-2007, 03:21 AM
Oh, I forgot another sighting, the TAC Vader/Coin Holder sets were at Los Feliz TRU tonight, $10.99 each, they had a half dozen or so.

Commtech
03-21-2007, 04:03 AM
If anyone can stash or pick up a mint card Concept Trooper for me I would greatly appreciate it. Haven't found the darn thing in perfect shape! :(

El Chuxter
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Last night I saw a carpload of boxes at WM out in Beaumont. The only SW-related box I saw was for the Vader w/ coin album. So, presumably, that and the figures should be on shelves at Wally World soon.

I picked up a Mongol for myself. They also had Kal-El, but that figure is stupid.

toonimator
03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Got to Target a couple minutes late, missed the Battlestar Pegasus & Classic Cylon Raider Titaniums (Plumber Bob beat me to 'em), the only other neat thing they had was 4 Tantive IV BPs (and a random 41st Elite on the pegs). All seemed to be the normal variety with 2 different Rebel heads, but I got nitpicky on paint & warped accessories and decided to pass for now. Eventually I'll get a pack, and try swapping Stormtrooper helmets & belts with a couple TSC Sandtroopers for better accuracy on both sides... just gotta convince myself I can find a use for Vader and live with 2 more crappy-body RFTs. Fritzkrieg's female RFT customs over on Rebelscum are a strong temptation for the helmets & vests, at least (though he used VTSC Han's vest).

wampaslayr
03-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh, I forgot another sighting, the TAC Vader/Coin Holder sets were at Los Feliz TRU tonight, $10.99 each, they had a half dozen or so.

I wonder if the TRU's are going to sell it for different prices. I bought my Vader/Coin Holder at the TRU in Thousand Oaks over the weekend and they were selling for $9.99 which is the same price as Target. I thought that was strange because TRU is always higher on their toys than Target or WM. I also found a Battle Droid at another TRU and paid $6.99 for it. I was expecting at least $7.99. For all I know the prices may have changed since I bought mine.

TheCivilCollector
03-21-2007, 05:30 PM
East Colorado Target in Pasadena has all the comic 2-packs and has the snow-bunny padme on clearance for 13.98. I actually bought it at that price.

K M Toydarian
03-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I actually bought the Vader album at Los Felix TU on the 15th for 9.99. They were on the shelf with a few Obi Wans and R2s. I can't believe they upped the price! Pretty sneaky to raise the price the weekend their Star Wars gift card promotion kicks off. I think thats a little unscrupulous.

JediTricks
03-21-2007, 07:37 PM
I wonder if the TRU's are going to sell it for different prices. I bought my Vader/Coin Holder at the TRU in Thousand Oaks over the weekend and they were selling for $9.99 which is the same price as Target. I thought that was strange because TRU is always higher on their toys than Target or WM. I also found a Battle Droid at another TRU and paid $6.99 for it. I was expecting at least $7.99. For all I know the prices may have changed since I bought mine.TRU seems to be charging more for everything that's not a basic figure pricepoint, the vehicles are $5 more, the Unleashed BPs I think are a buck more. Based on what Toydarian just said, my guess is they originally had it set to MSRP and then changed it after the weekend.

I actually bought the Vader album at Los Felix TU on the 15th for 9.99. They were on the shelf with a few Obi Wans and R2s. I can't believe they upped the price! Pretty sneaky to raise the price the weekend their Star Wars gift card promotion kicks off. I think thats a little unscrupulous.None of the TAC basic figures were there yesterday. :( Raising the price for the promo is pretty sleazy. It's still $10 on their website too:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2486972

toonimator
03-21-2007, 09:09 PM
I picked up a Mongol for myself. They also had Kal-El, but that figure is stupid.
Kal-El's the one with the 'headband' of sorts, right? I wouldn't call it 'stupid'... just 'not good for Superman'. A couple more tweaks and it'd have made a pretty cool Eradicator, or even a Superman:TAS Jor-El with some heavier retooling.

A couple weeks ago I saw TONS of that guy at the WMs around Magic Mountain. He'll be the new "rehashed Supes from the old Batman/Superman 2-pack of 3 years ago" from the Luthor/Brainiac/Darkseid wave, I think... that is, if the regular and angry Supermen don't prevent him from reaching pegs at other stores :p

Target's 4 JLU basic figure pegs are now completely full of Superman & Batman, with one Steel and a yellow-card blue-cape Wonder Woman (return?) to show how bad it really is.

Luuuuuuke
03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Bought the Treachery at Saleucami Wal-Mart battlepack about 30 minutes ago. I'm glad cause Wal-Mart exclusives are a pain in the butt normally.

figrin bran
03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
The Vaders w. coin holders are $8.99 on kbtoys.com. great going TRU.

the Order 66 2 packs are out! be on the lookout for them.

BlueSnags
03-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Big thanks to CrunchyNug for the Order 66 packs today.

Anyone want to buy a Gentle Giant Obi-Wan in Clone Armor statue? LMK.

figrin bran
03-21-2007, 11:05 PM
what's the case assortment for the Order 66 packs? 2 each of the 6 sets?

Jango Speck
03-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Anyone want to buy a Gentle Giant Obi-Wan in Clone Armor statue? LMK.

Is it that bad? Mine should be here next week.

BlueSnags
03-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Is it that bad? Mine should be here next week.

Dude, cancel that order and buy mine! Pics are over at RS.

BlueSnags
03-21-2007, 11:16 PM
what's the case assortment for the Order 66 packs? 2 each of the 6 sets?

I case contains 12 packs, so there are 2 complete sets of 6 per case.

Jango Speck
03-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Dude, cancel that order and buy mine! Pics are over at RS.

It was through ebay, so I don't want to screw up my feedback. If it was a dealer, then I might consider.

Commtech
03-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Scored a case of order 66 today! A friend from Whittier got 3 cases from his local target using the magical DPCI! I had checked NoHo today and the scanner said there were none in the stockroom.

Turbowars
03-22-2007, 12:58 AM
So what do you guys think of the 66's? I'd like to see some loose pics from the lucky dogs that scored them.

BlueSnags
03-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Just ordered a couple of IN STOCK McQuarrie Concept Boba Fetts! Link:

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4752953/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

figrin bran
03-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Thanks Snags! i just ordered 2 of the Fetts. :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
03-22-2007, 02:43 AM
Thanks Snags! i just ordered 2 of the Fetts. :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TheCivilCollector
03-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Damn. Missed the Fett, but got a few other things I haven't seen yet.

Tycho
03-22-2007, 05:28 AM
I could have gotten 2 Fetts (had them in my virtual basket there at KB) but decided not to. I don't think he'll be hard to find:

I hit my Wal-Mart tonight and they had 12 cases or more of TAC Wave 1. The guy opened several for me and let me take what I wanted:

I got 2 Galactic Marines (makes my 4-count I wanted complete) another Super Battle Droid, and another Mustafar Lava Miner.

Then I completed the set I got for one of my collecting buddies getting him a Galactic Marine, Airborne, Miner, and SBD as well (I already had the rest for him)

They also had the Order-66 Treachery at Saleucami sets and I got myself one. They got in boxes of these and there might have been 8 of them per box and 6 boxes or something.

No new Galactic Heroes :cry:

No TAC Wave 2 - but I really didn't expect to find that. I think the report was suspect in that case.

They also did not get the new vehicles, but I won a black variant Clone Pilot on eBay to fly one of the V-wings I plan on purchasing when I get the chance. I think my friend has another one he'll let go for me. (With shipping, my pilot was only $10 so it didn't bother me).

The Spider-Man 3 collection arrived at Wal-Mart as well but is being held until it turns midnite on Saturday the 24th. Most of the toys for any line aren't supposed to be stocked until then (the Wal-Mart reset goes into effect then) but Spider-Man will be their focus. There will be a guy in a Spider-Man costume at many Wal-Mart stores and you'll be able to get your picture taken with him. (He'll be at too many stores all at once for it to be El Chuxter :D in the Spidey-suit). But I'm thinking about getting my picture taken with Spider-Man. It would help support the evidence that I'm a Super-Geek on MySpace. :crazed:

Well, that's about it. Saturday the 24th and Sunday the 25th will be big toy shopping days at Wal-Mart and Target respectively. With many Wal-Mart's being 24 hour stores now, I recommend hitting them at 2am or so - everything will be gone by any decent hour because jerks like myself will have already visited your local stores.

K M Toydarian
03-22-2007, 06:43 AM
This afternoon I went on a long run out east along the 210. The Wal-Mart in Duarte had at least 20 or so Treachery at Saleucami Battle Packs. They also had Wave 1 TAC. A woman had most of the clones in her basket, but I think she was just looking for the best paint apps. She put an Airborne trooper back on the pegs, said she wasn't getting that one, so I bought it. Didn't stick around to see if she cleaned out the other figs though. Had a ton of Vader albums too.
Target was sporatic with wave 9 remnants. Did get 2 combat engineer troopers at Eagle Rock, and a Elite Corps trooper in Pasadena. I think they may have been the wave 9 revisions, with lots of older figs too (Chewy/3PO, Endor Luke etc.)
Just need to find Appo now. Don't think I'll find the Wal-Mart wave in LA.

Jango Speck
03-22-2007, 10:32 AM
If anyone finds a WM Saleucami BP, please grab one for me. I don't have time to trek to the outer rim territories for it.

BlueSnags
03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
I could have gotten 2 Fetts (had them in my virtual basket there at KB) but decided not to. I don't think he'll be hard to find

Here in Burbank he will be. I bet some of them don't even make it to the pegs (same thing happened with Scorch for a few months).

Update: Looks like Fett is now sold out.

toonimator
03-22-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll be after 3 of the Fetts when they hit stores, but not too disappointed I missed him on KB. One'll be 'regular' from the turnaround painting, and the other two'll sport the alternate helmet until I get around to customizing one into something else. The other alt-helmet one will get a few minor tweaks to set him apart from his boss.

Tycho
03-22-2007, 01:27 PM
I would have ordered if I could have gotten some or all of the 6 Death Star Troopers I wanted from that wave - but they were no where to be found. That makes me wonder why. Why would the concept Fetts be left and no Luke Ceremony or Han Gunner Station? You'd figure the Luke and Han might pegwarm even if the others were army builders - but not a limited edition Fett.

BlueSnags
03-22-2007, 02:17 PM
I would have ordered if I could have gotten some or all of the 6 Death Star Troopers I wanted from that wave - but they were no where to be found. That makes me wonder why. Why would the concept Fetts be left and no Luke Ceremony or Han Gunner Station? You'd figure the Luke and Han might pegwarm even if the others were army builders - but not a limited edition Fett.

Good question. I was thinking maybe they mislabeled it and it's actually McQuarrie Stormtrooper we'll be getting (which would be okay with me). I wish they would've had the Death Star Trooper and Rebel Honor Guards as well - would've grabbed a few of each.

After shipping (less than $1 a figure for my order) and tax (no tax charged), each figure cost $8.75 a piece. Not too shabby. And I won't have to race the likes of Headphones and Jackie Chan to the pegs for them.

Jango Speck
03-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Why am I always 1 step behind you Snags?

Jango Speck
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Just used the DPCI at Burbank Target to get a full case of TAC. Goodbye EE order! Guys, I hung the Obis, R2s, LavaMiner and Mace on the pegs. I didn't stash them because I think most of us have these already.

BlueSnags
03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
My McQuarrie Bobas shipped already. Won't be long now.:laugh:

Jango Speck
03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Just got an email from EE with a $25.00 coupon towards anything in the store. I just don't know what to get...

BlueSnags
03-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Just got an email from EE with a $25.00 coupon towards anything in the store. I just don't know what to get...

Same here, dude. Looking now...

Tycho
03-22-2007, 07:33 PM
SideShow e-mailed me that they expect my Endor Rebel 3-pack to come in soon. When they ship it, a $25 off coupon for SideShow will also be included. I wonder if it will only be good for warehouse stock of things they can't sell - like old Buffy the Vampire Slayer figures, etc? It would be awesome if I can call them up and tell them to apply it to the Bubo Creature Pack when they get ready to charge that to my account (but I'd doubt it).

santosha
03-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes I got the 25.00 off am also looking

darkagent
03-22-2007, 09:01 PM
SideShow e-mailed me that they expect my Endor Rebel 3-pack to come in soon. When they ship it, a $25 off coupon for SideShow will also be included. I wonder if it will only be good for warehouse stock of things they can't sell - like old Buffy the Vampire Slayer figures, etc? It would be awesome if I can call them up and tell them to apply it to the Bubo Creature Pack when they get ready to charge that to my account (but I'd doubt it).

Sideshow coupons and giftcards are usually the worst. There are always heavy restrictions. I haven't seen one yet, that can be used towards anything new or Star Wars related.

figrin bran
03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
my mcquarrie fetts shipped from kaybee.com as well. let's just hope that they are indeed fetts.

i'll be getting the neyo battlepack in the mail from another collector so i don't have to worry about Crenshaw or Panorama WM's never getting them in.

Commtech
03-22-2007, 11:39 PM
My McQuarrie Bobas shipped already. Won't be long now.:laugh:

Let us know if they are actually the Bobas or the concept troopers.

Commtech
03-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Sideshow coupons and giftcards are usually the worst. There are always heavy restrictions. I haven't seen one yet, that can be used towards anything new or Star Wars related.

You spoke to soon darkagent, in today's e-mail from sideshow they mention you can use the giftcard for maul's probe droid set in the second chance offer. Wooo hoooo!! (sarcastic).

CrunchyNug
03-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Order 66 & Saleucami finds lately have enabled me to bulk up my Troops considerably.

Tycho
03-23-2007, 02:33 AM
That is a sweet picture CrunchyNug! My compliments.

Who is the camouflaged regular Clone behind Yoda (not Gree but the other one?)

General Kenobi looks really cool with all his men as well - as you have the Utopau AT-RT Driver in there, along with the Airborne and Cody. Nice!

figrin bran
03-23-2007, 02:35 AM
That is a sweet picture CrunchyNug! My compliments.

Who is the camouflaged regular Clone behind Yoda (not Gree but the other one?)

i believe that clone comes in the Order 66 2 pack w. Yoda.

Tycho
03-23-2007, 02:47 AM
i believe that clone comes in the Order 66 2 pack w. Yoda.

He looks cooler than Gree. Maybe he's even the corrected version of Gree?

I'd have to check the movie again. I forgot exactly what Commander Gree looked like.

Luuuuuuke
03-23-2007, 03:54 AM
He looks cooler than Gree. Maybe he's even the corrected version of Gree?

I'd have to check the movie again. I forgot exactly what Commander Gree looked like.

He's not a corrected version of Gree. I'm no clone expert but Gree is of a much darker color, almost emerald green in parts, than the Order 66 "Gree" look-alike. The previously released Gree is more authentic, from what I've seen of the pictures. This new one is too light colored.

Jango Speck
03-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Just grabbed a full set of Order 66 figs from Burbank Target. Thank you DPCI!

They also had one ROTS Clone #41 on the pegs, in great shape. The price scanner says $0.00. I left it hanging.

Commtech
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Just grabbed a full set of Order 66 figs from Burbank Target. Thank you DPCI!

They also had one ROTS Clone #41 on the pegs, in great shape. The price scanner says $0.00. I left it hanging.

Man! You are getting good at the DPCI Jedi Mind Trick.

BlueSnags
03-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I grabbed the remainder of Order 66 packs at Burbank Target a little while ago. Just need an opener Mace/Marine and an opener Vader/Commander and my two sets will be complete.

MicroJow
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey hey. Stopped in on a Valley Target this afternoon and ran into a fellow Star Wars fan. For more on that proceed to paragraph 2. What I walked away with was a set of Order 66 figures. The kind clerk brought out 3 cases and put them all on the endcap. This was about 2 hours ago, tho, so you might want to call them before heading over. PM me for the locale. I will answer for the next hour or so.

Meanwhile, back to the fellow toy collector I ran into... I don't know what to make of the situation. I saw him waiting in the toy aisle with an empty cart, so I greeted him and asked if there was anything cool being brought out from the back room. He replied negative and said he was waiting for his girlfriend. I told him I was looking for the Order 66 figures and he told me there were a ton of them on the shelf at a Target a few miles away and to go there. He then ragged on the figures' paint jobs and said he'd checked the DPCI at this store already - they had nothing.

So as I wandered off to do some other shopping, I see the guy who manages the toy department calling to my fellow collector: "I need that number again!" Perhaps he'd requested some other item? But he told me he was waiting for his girlfriend.

I asked a different clerk to run the number and she came up with multiple locations in the stock room. When I returned to the toy aisle, the other toy collector was gone and the toy department manager was approaching with three cases of Order 66.

Very strange. This fellow collector was always very straightforward about things in the past, willing to share, and knows I'm not the type to jump on someone else's stash. Yet here he was telling me he'd already had them run the number and the store was dry. I didn't see him checking out so I have no idea what he bought.

Moral of the story: trust no one, always double check for yourself!!

- J

Tycho
03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Good story MicroJow. Congrats on your find. Yeah, that guy was acting strange. It sounds like he could have been hoarding, or maybe he left thinking the employee that was looking for him forgot about him or searched in vain? IDK. But I'd be suspicious too.

Commtech
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Microjow: which target was this?

BlueSnags
03-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Good looking out, Jow. Glad to hear you scored.:thumbsup:

JodyB
03-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I have a new scalper for the gallery... I call him "Sprockets" and he is a runner and he hunts in the Culver City area... keep a lookout :lipsrsealed:

BlueSnags
03-23-2007, 08:06 PM
I have a new scalper for the gallery... I call him "Sprockets" and he is a runner and he hunts in the Culver City area... keep a lookout :lipsrsealed:

What's he look like?

santosha
03-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Jody B why do you assume he is a scalper?

Funny Money
03-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I have a new scalper for the gallery...

Is there an ONLINE gallery of cell phone pics of these thugs!?! That would be great!

BlueSnags
03-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I posted pics of Headphones and Jackie Chan IN ACTION in the old LA Just Found thread. Unfortunately, they got wiped out when the thread went kaput.

toonimator
03-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Please tell us he dresses in black, has slicked-back hair, tiny glasses, and a pained look on his face?

...and maybe a monkey?

santosha
03-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Or is it a Minkey

Tycho
03-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Jody B why do you assume he is a scalper?

It's true that not everyone who runs and hoards is a scalper. Some people will be fair and they are to be commended though.

I Army-Build, and I also buy for friends of mine: Tony, Dexter, James, & Darren, and now it seems Jose has decided he's back in the game. Mike Sullenger from Galactic Hunter used to be in our group but seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. But that means I'd buy 6 of some figure if need be, not to mention more if any of us are army-building with it.

That being said, I'll share with anyone who's physically there when I'm cleaning up the pegs - scalper or not, but it'll be an even split between who's ever going for the stuff. At my stores, there's hardly anyone anyway. Plus the other guys on my "team" hit their own local stores so we aren't double-covering anything. I usually cell phone or get cell phoned at 8:10 am anyway when stuff hits - but we all generally find stuff at the same time at our respective stores so we don't do much trading except when one of us needs to army build. There's this guy Rob that trades with Dexter outside of our group, and he covers the same stores as me sometimes, so I'd like to share with him if the opportunity presents itself if only because he's cool and not like one of these runners you'd described.

(We did have that guy no one's ever seen who showed up and then RAN for Dog Food though no one knew it and everyone chased him! Haha. He must have done that purposely as he knew he'd get that response, else he'd have been completely freaked as to why 5 guys would chase him through a store to buy dog food! "The Gravy Train" LOL)

santosha
03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Tycho
Good comments I usually try to get one to collect and one for my son to open other than that Im all for sharing with just about anyone. Ive been visiting the same stores for many years now as they are my way to work, in fact that is how I met funny money and he turned me on to this site and for that I thank him. Its hard sometimes when you role up to check whats on the pegs and there is a bunch of guys waiting at the door and no one talks, so you try to get to the pegs without looking like a fool. You see guys sprinting Ive even had guys reach over the top of me trying to grab figures , but I try to stay mellow because as a friend of mine used to say
" He with the most toys still dies".
Once again thanks for the comments

Commtech
03-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks to Jango Speck for the ultra mint on card Concept Trooper!

Hey Toon, did you go to Burbank target today? Was there anything new?

JodyB
03-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Please tell us he dresses in black, has slicked-back hair, tiny glasses, and a pained look on his face?

...and maybe a monkey?
pretty much... runs to the Star Wars Section first with a basket and then fast walks over to Hot Wheels after, Hops in his car and speeds over to the other target and runs to the back of the toys... has all the characteristics of a scalper... and I hard him talking to another scapler about "Hot Toys"... Scapler:twisted:

Jango Speck
03-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Any time Commtech- thanks for the Appo. BTW, there are 3 Endor AT-ATs on the top shelf at Burbank TRU. They also have lots of Lego Clone Battlepacks in stock.

CrunchyNug
03-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Hit a bunch of Targets & a Walmart and found some more Order 66 packs & TAC basic figures. No sign of V-wing or Infiltrator.

wampaslayr
03-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Found Neyo BP at Super WalMart in Valencia today. Also picked up 3 galactic marines. They still had about 3 more on the pegs along with some airbornes and lots of the other characters. No concept troopers, though, which is the only remaining one I need from this wave. Target had nothing (literally) on the pegs for Star Wars.

santosha
03-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Went by Eagle Rock Target a little late 10.00am, nothing new only Obi Wan TAC on pegs.

BlueSnags
03-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Seems like most the area Targets have been cleaned out of Order 66 due to the DCPI gimmick. Still need an opener Mace/Galactic Marine and then I'm done with them.

Pacoima Target had one TAC Obi and 6 TAC Coin Albums today at 11AM, along with some clearanced Ilum BPs. Picked up an extra Coin Album (wanted the Vader coin).

Hit KB and picked up 2 more Appos. KB had TAC, but none of the army builders. Plenty of Spider-Man 3 figures everywhere.

Tycho
03-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Did anyone get their picture taken with Spider-Man at Wal-Mart today?

I didn't feel good so I am just going to go out now. But if he's still there, I'm going to see if I can pose with Spidey for a shot and I'll post it in the picture thread.

Jango Speck
03-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Just got back from the California Science Center Star Wars exhibit. What a fun time- felt like a CIV teaser event. The 501st were out in costume for pictures, the custom cars were out, lots of models, props, costumes- and a great SW gift shop. Prices were a bit higher on some things, but that's because a portion was being donated to the museum. Animated maquettes were on sale for $70, and Kotos were reduced a bit as well. Great posters, lots of old Bust-Ups, and other stuff. Entry is free (except the Millenium Falcon simulator which was $2), with a parking fee. Today was Fan day, so they had a costum contest and lightsaber duels. This event runs through April. Go early in the day to avoid the crowds, but by lunch it still wasn't very crowded.

plasticfetish
03-24-2007, 06:41 PM
...ooh, I just noticed that more proof that I once lived in Southern California has vanished.

Eh. Oh, well. ;)

Jango Speck
03-24-2007, 07:02 PM
...ooh, I just noticed that more proof that I once lived in Southern California has vanished.

Eh. Oh, well. ;)

Huh? What do you mean?

figrin bran
03-24-2007, 08:00 PM
heard twice today by me when inquiring about order 66 packs :"no we don't have any in stock. none of the stores in LA have them in stock"

i picked up a Tantive battlepack, Elite Corps Trooper and Titanium BSG Viper from La Cienega TRU. also found a titanium sail barge at La Cienega Target

i saw a few Lego Slave 1's on clearance for $35 at a Target. PM me if you want the location.

my HTS order of Galactic Marines and Airborne Troopers arrived in the mail as did the Saleucemi pack i got from another collector.

Spiderman wasn't set up for photos yet when i was at WM so i didn't get my photo op ;)

Turbowars
03-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Can anyone stash a few Order 66's? Looks like Speck cleaned out the Burbank Target. I'd love a Shocky pack amongst the rest.

plasticfetish
03-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Huh? What do you mean?I'm slow... hadn't noticed that the old "L.A. area just found" thread was gone 'til now. (Was why I started posting here in the first place.)

figrin bran
03-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Can anyone stash a few Order 66's? Looks like Speck cleaned out the Burbank Target. I'd love a Shocky pack amongst the rest.

stash???? i can't even get em' to bring out the darn things! :p

Tycho
03-24-2007, 10:58 PM
K. The Spider-Man 3 toys were really well-done HASBRO! :)

Wal-Mart sure had a lot of them. However I was really disappointed in the "Take your picture with Spider-Man photo-opportunity." I'm starting a thread about it in the Gen. Disc. forum. :cry:

figrin bran
03-24-2007, 11:02 PM
K. The Spider-Man 3 toys were really well-done HASBRO! :)

Wal-Mart sure had a lot of them. However I was really disappointed in the "Take your picture with Spider-Man photo-opportunity." I'm starting a thread about it in the Gen. Disc. forum. :cry:

only kids could take pictures right? and you had to purchase a certain amount i think? my local WM sure had a lot of the toys too...an entire wall plus a few endcaps and islands...usually they aren't well stocked with anything.

i even saw a hasbrotoyshop.com commercial for the Spidey toys the other night

Tycho
03-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Well Spider-Man wasn't actually there. You could take a picture with a cardboard standup. When I was 5 years old, I actually got to take my picture with the real Spider-Man. This was a shame today.

figrin bran
03-24-2007, 11:55 PM
now that you mention it, i did notice a cardboard standup spider man in the toy section. because the photo taking didn't start until 10 am and i was there at around 9, i just figured it was a store display and not THE Spiderman that you get to "meet and take photos with". this is pretty lame, WM can't even hire people to dress up in Spidey costumes for one day?

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Completed my second set of Order 66 packs (the openers) tonight. All caught up on TAC for the moment. Just missing the V-Wing and the Sith Infiltrator now.

Jango Speck
03-25-2007, 04:11 AM
I bought a "Mini Mag" figure Display System I at the museum show today for $35. It's kind of cool (fits 20 figures comfortably on the four tiers), but now I want another one. If any of you are going to the exhibit on Sunday, would you mind picking up another one (black version) for me and I'll meet up with the cash whenever you want? Let me know, or else I'll drive over again and try to run in (you have to go through the exhibit to get to the gift shop at the end).

I'd wait until CIV, but I'm in a collection re-organization mood this weekend and am pulling all of my armies out to re-arrange them before I cull the heard due to lack of space. My mega army days are over now that the main clones from Ep3 are about done (and the non-movie repaints are getting ridiculous)- just waiting for the new stormtroopers and snowtroopers, then I'm gonna keep it small- since GG has taken over.

If you go to the show, I recommend the "Order 66" horizontal poster that is on display at the cash register.

Tycho
03-25-2007, 08:00 AM
I had to go back to Wal-Mart as my contact there called me at 3-something in the morning and woke me: my Alternators Ravage and Rumble Transformers had come in. There were at least 3 of each car (6 cars total) to a case and probably 4 cases of them to be made into an endcap. Very nice. Especially Ravage, though I haven't opened either of them yet - I want some more sleep!

They did have all the new Spidey figures that I had not seen before (Venom, Harry as "New Green Goblin" and the Galactic Heroes styled Spider-Man stuff (very large and diverse assortent!) as well as the plush "Buddies." The stuff really looks good and all tempted me.

This is going to be a great year for Hasbro!

darkagent
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Struck out today trying to get the Target Order 66 2-packs. Eagle Rock had nothing new today, even after a manager had told us all week that they were holding off on putting out anything new until today. Then went to the 2 story Pasadena Target and found nothing again. Checked the inventory scanner and it said they had some in the stockroom, but the employee told me they'd checked this morning for other collectors and found none. The employee then told me that April 8 is the release date, not today. :cry:

santosha
03-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Also struck out today , went to WalMart in Daurte only Obi and R2 TAC.
Then did the Target near by and Pasadena and Eagle Rock targets. Not Much going on.

wampaslayr
03-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Struck out today trying to get the Target Order 66 2-packs. Eagle Rock had nothing new today, even after a manager had told us all week that they were holding off on putting out anything new until today. Then went to the 2 story Pasadena Target and found nothing again. Checked the inventory scanner and it said they had some in the stockroom, but the employee told me they'd checked this morning for other collectors and found none. The employee then told me that April 8 is the release date, not today. :cry:

Struck out today, too, with the Order 66 Packs. April 8th can't be the release date as that is Easter Sunday and Target will not be open that day. These Target employees are starting to frustrate me with their lies. :frus:

Jango Speck
03-25-2007, 01:50 PM
FYI: the Star Wars exhibit at the science center has the TAC wave, but they're $9.95 each (portion of that goes to support the museum).

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Those Order 66 packs are gonna be a tough grab. The redshirts will tell you 4/8 or whatever, but you know they'll end up being put out before that, either from someone successfully running the numbers or a stocker seeing the shelves are empty one night and stocking them. The "street dates" on SW toys are a joke, pure and simple.:thumbsup:

On another note, Eagle Rock Target is run/operated by the biggest bunch of morons I've ever encountered here in LA. And that covers alot of ground. I don't even hit that store anymore on a casual basis. I just don't have the time in my life to associate myself with street trash.

santosha
03-25-2007, 02:06 PM
BlueSnags what did they do ? That store is not that far from my house and it used to be OK.

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 02:24 PM
BlueSnags what did they do ? That store is not that far from my house and it used to be OK.

They're idiots. If you run the DPCI, they won't get anything from the back due to "the street date." But the stuff always ends up getting put out early, so their "street date" B.S. is pure crap.

I remember one time, I called Guest Services at that store and asked about the Zev Snowspeeder. They said they had them in the back and would put one at Guest Services for me. So I drove all the way there from downtown LA (where I used to work) and went to Guest Services to get it and what do they say? "Oh, sorry - we can't give you one. They can't be sold until so and so date - two weeks from now." So I go, "Well, I just drove all the way down here after you said you were holding one for me. Isn't there anything you can do?" Hahaa, next thing I know this hideous troll comes out of the back room (I'm guessing one of the Toy guys): "Where did you get that item number? Where did you get it from? You shouldn't be here asking for that item, it's not released yet, blah blah blah." I actually thought this guy was trying to intimidate me, which is pretty funny in and of itself. I ended up just driving to Burbank Target, using the DPCI there and getting one about 20 min later. So, a few days later, I read a report that the Snowspeeders were out on the shelf at Eagle Rock Target and a few Scummers scored them from there.

Another buddy of mine, Turbowars, had a similar situation happen there a few weeks ago. He called about an item, was told they have it, and then when he got there, was told "Oh, sorry - we can't sell it to you."

I have since renamed Eagle Rock Target "Inbreds Rock Target."

santosha
03-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Wow, I see your point, would there lack of intelligence go along with the fact that you see people on ebay with cases of order 66. How do they do it? Are people selling out the back of Target. If the red shirts wont help polite people that are asking them to do there jobs why do they they help money hungry resellers.

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Wow, I see your point, would there lack of intelligence go along with the fact that you see people on ebay with cases of order 66. How do they do it? Are people selling out the back of Target. If the red shirts wont help polite people that are asking them to do there jobs why do they they help money hungry resellers.

I think it's a mixed bag. There is a percentage that are trying to go on a lame "power" trip because they realize they're insignificant in society and want to have some sort of say-so with people. There is a percentage that just hate collectors. There is a percentage that gets their palms greased by the local scalpers. And there is a percentage that is just plain dumb.

Luuuuuuke
03-25-2007, 04:03 PM
I got a set of Order 66 this morning. Was going to stash another set but someone else showed up after I had an employee pull a case. With the exception of wanting one more Marine and perhaps one more Utapau driver, I'm set. First Target I went to showed they had them, but a manager said they were "in transit" at a nearby warehouse. Maybe it's true, maybe not; he was polite, I wasn't going to call him a liar.

I opened what I got but kept the package intact, which is easy to do. In fact, it's easy to re-display them in the package.

All in all, the actual clones are a little overrated. Only the Galactic Marine stands out to me as outstanding. Tire isn't so hot, and the Kashyyk trooper is pretty damned terrible. Looks like a half-assed custom.

As far as Target customer service, I have to say most of my contact with the "red shirts" is pretty pleasant. I'm rarely straight out shot down. Then again, I don't ask them to pull stuff for me all the time, so maybe that's why my batting average is fairly high.

My impression of Target employees is that they're kind of like collectors or anybody else--some are nice, and some are a-holes. They may not be the highest achievers in society, but that just makes them like most other people.

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 04:52 PM
My impression of Target employees is that they're kind of like collectors or anybody else--some are nice, and some are a-holes. They may not be the highest achievers in society, but that just makes them like most other people.

I agree with you there. Inbreds Rock Target is one store where the idiots are more highly concentrated, though.

figrin bran
03-25-2007, 04:57 PM
There was a time when Smeagol Rock Target was much friendlier...

last year, they pulled 2 Skirmish in the Senate packs for me without any hassle and as recently as January, they pulled out an Ilum pack for me. however, just yesterday when inquiring about Order 66 packs, "none were in stock. no stores in LA have them".

i didn't even want to ask this morning at another store...i would like a few packs but if i don't get 'em i don't get 'em.

Jango Speck
03-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm selling a few items, and thought I'd offer them up here before they go on the Bay.

Loose Darth Vader Titanium
Loose Boba Fett Titanium
Loose Shocktrooper Unleashed (the big one, not the B.P.)

I'm willing to trade for Appo, Galactic Marine, or a Seleucami BP.

figrin bran
03-25-2007, 09:35 PM
i picked up a Felucia pack on clearance for $13.98. i stashed this set weeks ago but no one ever claimed it so i bought it today.

one more thing about Smeagol Rock Target, never ever ever ask the electronics employees to look up DCPI's for you. there's one dude in particular who's a real jerk

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 10:21 PM
FB,

Funny - I just did the same thing today. I had stashed a Felucia BP stashed over at Pasadena Target a few months ago for a SSGer, but they never claimed it. Went back today and it was still there! Unbelievable. The 3 comic packs were stashed as well, so I bought them too (for $7 each).:bandit:

Luuuuuuke
03-26-2007, 12:37 AM
There's one Target in my area that I have to give a lot of props too. They have never, ever been anything but pleasant to me. Their employees are just overall nice. I have a perfect batting average with the DPCI. Not that that means everything. They're entitled to say no as long as they don't lie. But even when they hesitate, they're cool about it.

Like this morning, the employee was totally willing to check the Order 66 DPCI. The only thing he said was, "The only thing is maybe we're not supposed to put it out yet." But then he quickly added, "But I'll try to get it for you." He came back with a case. Now, if someone more senior had told him not to do that, who am I to hold that against him? He shouldn't get in trouble because I want some toys.

I appreciate honesty and courtesy. As long as the "red shirts" do that, it doesn't matter as much if they pull something for me or not. I realize that a lot of these "anti-collector" policies come from the top and from mid-manager types. Personally, I think most employees wouldn't mind pulling stuff from the back if they didn't think it might get them in trouble.

BlueSnags
03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
Heads up - my Banthas just shipped out from TRU.com. They should be hitting stores any day now.

toonimator
03-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Nothing new at Burbank Target this morning. Everyone'll probably have their fill of POTC and Spidey 3 by the time that store resets & puts it all out.

I made the Valencia-area run on Saturday, saw the Neyo BPs at the SuperWM (the only WM I hit this weekend that had 'em... and I passed on them! Silly... the paint on every speeder bike was awful, like on most Ilum BP R2s, yet I didn't think "I can just repaint 'em" until I got home), saw the new POTC figures at Stevenson Ranch (picked up 2 Martys and a Sao Feng for now; one Marty's gonna get a head-transplant with Kabe from the Nabrun Leids 2-pack), and grabbed Mongul finally from the West Santa Clarita store. Still no sign of the blue Supergirl anywhere. SuperWM had all TAC except McStormie, but was the ONLY WM I hit this weekend that had any clones.

I hit a bunch of WMs out in the Norwalk/La Mirada area yesterday... Cerritos WM is just awful, looks like a wasteland. The toy section's pathetic. The other stores had plenty of Spidey & TAC, a couple even had SBDs but my HTS came Saturday so I'm set on those.

How crazy is it that TRU's got the cheaper price on Spidey 3 figures? Wal-Marts all had 'em for $8.67, one TRU I hit had 'em for $7.99. Managed to resist picking up Black Spidey (and the WM Exclusive 'metallic' black Spidey) and Venom all weekend.

santosha
03-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Went to Target in Culver City on the way to work, it had a few TAC figures, no Macquarie though. Has anyone noticed that there are no price labels for order 66 on the shelves.

CrunchyNug
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Hit 1 WM & 3 Targets this morning looking for the new ships, but couldn't find any. I did see them at the gift shop in Star Wars Meets Imagination exhibit yesterday. I wasn't going to pay $30 a pop though, so I left them, along with a $10 Appo.

metaljedi
03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Was able to pick up a couple of Neyo BPs at 1 of the 5 WMs I went to on Saturday.

Jango Speck
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Hit 1 WM & 3 Targets this morning looking for the new ships, but couldn't find any. I did see them at the gift shop in Star Wars Meets Imagination exhibit yesterday. I wasn't going to pay $30 a pop though, so I left them, along with a $10 Appo.

I must have missed those- didn't see any vehicles. I passed on the $10 Galactic Marines.

Luuuuuuke
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Went to Target in Culver City on the way to work, it had a few TAC figures, no Macquarie though. Has anyone noticed that there are no price labels for order 66 on the shelves.

No Targets have the TAC or Order 66 labels in my area, and that's 5 Targets at least.

If you want to get Order 66, unfortunately you have to play the DPCI game right now. Who the heck knows when they'll put them out. ONe Target I went to yesterday has had them "in stock" in the backroom for at least a week, but when I asked a manager, he said they were "in transit" at a nearby warehouse and that he told employees to put them out as soon as they got them.

Who knows what's going on. I'm not even sure Target knows.

Tycho
03-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Fortunately, I have NO plans to buy any of the Order-66 sets. I'm not even looking for them. But I do want a Sith Infiltrator (and possibly extras for Turbowars' lawn decorations :D) and a couple V-wings for myself.

toonimator
03-26-2007, 02:31 PM
The Order 66 packs have a set date for April 8th or so, probably for an endcap ala the Felucia/Ilum BPs. But given Burbank Target's reset policies, they probably won't have shelf-space there until April 15th ;)

darkagent
03-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Was able to pick up a couple of Neyo BPs at 1 of the 5 WMs I went to on Saturday.

Same here, I hit 4 different WMs starting at 6am on Saturday and was lucky enough to finally find a couple at the last WM I went to.

darkagent
03-26-2007, 03:00 PM
How crazy is it that TRU's got the cheaper price on Spidey 3 figures? Wal-Marts all had 'em for $8.67, one TRU I hit had 'em for $7.99. Managed to resist picking up Black Spidey (and the WM Exclusive 'metallic' black Spidey) and Venom all weekend.

I wanted to, but I couldn't resist. I picked up Venom and Sandman from WM on Saturday for $8.67. Then I went to Target and saw it was cheaper there $7.99, so I picked up the same figures there. Then yesterday, Target put them on sale for $5.99, so I picked them up again. Now I've got to return figures to both WM and Target. :p Anything to save a few bucks.

Jango Speck
03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I wanted to, but I couldn't resist. I picked up Venom and Sandman from WM on Saturday for $8.67. Then I went to Target and saw it was cheaper there $7.99, so I picked up the same figures there. Then yesterday, Target put them on sale for $5.99, so I picked them up again. Now I've got to return figures to both WM and Target. :p Anything to save a few bucks.

You could have just asked for a price match or price adjustment.

Tycho
03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Well, Darkagent gets all his gas money back. :thumbsup:

darkagent
03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
You could have just asked for a price match or price adjustment.

It's easier to just return the figures.

Jango Speck
03-26-2007, 05:52 PM
It's easier to just return the figures.

I meant instead of buying them again from Target, you could have received a partial refund on your fist purchase.

Went to Burbank Target at lunch- they brought out a TAC case for me, but the Galactic Marines and one Airborne were missing. They told me that they aren't on the planogram, and that's why the 3/25 date means nothing until the planogram is updated, thus the figures went back to the stockroom. They also muttered something about a two item limit on collectibles- something I haven't heard them say in a year.

figrin bran
03-26-2007, 10:49 PM
so much for those McQuarrie Fetts on kbtoys.com last week. people are reporting having received Mcstormies from them and not the Fetts.

Turbowars
03-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I meant instead of buying them again from Target, you could have received a partial refund on your fist purchase.

Went to Burbank Target at lunch- they brought out a TAC case for me, but the Galactic Marines and one Airborne were missing. They told me that they aren't on the planogram, and that's why the 3/25 date means nothing until the planogram is updated, thus the figures went back to the stockroom. They also muttered something about a two item limit on collectibles- something I haven't heard them say in a year.
So speck, just how many times did you go andf use the DPIC # at the Burbank Target? Sounds to me you have cleaned them out and they are now making the new rule? Does that sound about right? You can't keep hitting the same store day after day.

Turbowars
03-27-2007, 12:06 AM
so much for those McQuarrie Fetts on kbtoys.com last week. people are reporting having received Mcstormies from them and not the Fetts.Figures.... I had a bad feeling.

Tycho
03-27-2007, 12:40 AM
So speck, just how many times did you go andf use the DPIC # at the Burbank Target? Sounds to me you have cleaned them out and they are now making the new rule? Does that sound about right? You can't keep hitting the same store day after day.

Sure he can. The only obligation another collector here has to you, Turbo, is to share if you're there at the same time they are there. (I'd share with you buddy). But I don't want to drive further and further to other stores. I'll wait until my regular (most local) store gets the figures. I'll ask different employees (not the same ones repeatedly) to check the DCPIs for me (unless I sense the employee happens to like me - the girl that always checks for me looked up the $20 vehicles for me tonight but they weren't there).

Anyway, on a gut instinct level, I'd agree with you Turbo - but I'd have to be there and ascess a situation. In my case, I can show up every day and ask the same girl to check for me and she'll pull stuff for me if they have it. There are employees I know at my regular stores that would seem to like me - or they just like to watch me open a purchase and stick my nose in the package and try to inhale a new figure. I hear them talking you know:

"Hey - that's the guy that sniffs the figures! What's he looking for? Go in the back and get that one for him if we got it. Then watch what happens. This is funny!" :crazed:

Seriously, the employees are tired of seeing guys that rush in and bother them just so they can resell the toys on eBay. They love the insane, random sociopath that sniffs the figures and they do whatever they need to in order to supply him. Try snorting your new action figures in the store (open only what you're going to pay for) and see how helpful the employees become! lol

Turbowars
03-27-2007, 12:46 AM
I wasn't implying that he should share, I was getting at the fact if you bother the employees over and over again it causes a problem. Why do you think the issue of 2 per is coming out again. Just because it worked yesterday doesn't mean you should hit them up the next day. How many marines does a guy need anyway?

wampaslayr
03-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Found the V-Wing at Moorpark Target tonight. No Infiltrator.

Tycho
03-27-2007, 01:05 AM
How many marines does a guy need anyway?

4 in my particular case. That's 2 cases by what Hasbro's packing. Some guys want a lot more though. If they show up at 7:45am and wait or if they can get a DCPI pull, more power to them. Whenever they get however many they want - they'll stop. If Hasbro improves their shipping or continues to include Marines in their next case, they'll eventually get left behind at 8:05am or not requested in DCPI pulls. The Utopau Clones finally made it to the racks, I recall.

The next wave is 7 figures (versus 8):

1) Biggs....................1) R2D2 x 2
2) Concept Fett.........2) Obi-Wan x 2
3) Death St Troop.......3) Mace
4) Rebel Sold..............4) Marine x 2
5) Han .....................5) Airborne x 2
6) Luke Yavin.............6) McQuarrie
7) ...........................7) Super BD
................................8) Lava Miner

If they pack 2 Rebs and 2 Imps, plus 2 more of each Clone type, they'll have 12 again. Even if they pack 1 of each clone and 1 SBD and 1 Mace (as the latter two were 1 per case before) they can continue distribution of the Clones and the army builders should tire of them.

I agree with you that I can't see people needing that many of either of these if you take into account their appearance in the movie. If you're troop building for your own EU, that's another story.

I was getting at the fact if you bother the employees over and over again it causes a problem.

That depends on the employee.

Why do you think the issue of 2 per is coming out again.

Because the right employee wasn't asked (if there is a "right" employee - I'm sure it varies by location so I might not know anything about what I'm talking about for your particular store).

Just because it worked yesterday doesn't mean you should hit them up the next day.

I agree with you there - if only because if they run out of figures, it's because YOU were the one who bought them. The computer might auto-order more, but they might take a week at the least to get to your location unless you know they've stockpiled cases.

Tycho
03-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Found the V-Wing at Moorpark Target tonight. No Infiltrator.

What do you think of it?

Jango Speck
03-27-2007, 01:26 AM

I've only been successful at Burbank twice lately- once for TAC, the other for Order 66. I always use different people at different times of day- and am very polite. I definitely didn't clean them out- I only asked for one case or 1/2 in the instance of Order 66. Trust me, some guys are pulling multiple cases in one shot, but I'm not complaining. I've hooked people up with leftovers, even you I think...:)

Today I asked about them because of the alleged 3/25 release which didn't happen. Most of the time when they bring stuff out to me, it's already open and something is missing. I've been hitting other Targets in the area, and in OC and SD counties, with some success, but not always. Once wave 2 comes out, I'm not doing this anymore since all the cases have the same DPCI and you can't expect the redshirts to read the box for the wave number- that'd really **** them off.

CrunchyNug
03-27-2007, 02:34 AM
Fortunately, I have NO plans to buy any of the Order-66 sets. I'm not even looking for them.

That's too bad, after cracking open a few tubes the other day, I almost passed out on the floor. Those are some of the stinkiest, strongest, most toxic fumes I've sniffed in a LONG while. Tycho, you gotta get in on some of this action!!!:crazed:

metaljedi
03-27-2007, 05:01 AM
They also muttered something about a two item limit on collectibles- something I haven't heard them say in a year.

A Target that just opened a few weeks ago limits figures to 6 per person. And they have to be different characters.

wampaslayr
03-27-2007, 11:02 AM
What do you think of it?

I haven't openned it.....yet, but the picture on the box looks cool. It would have been better if it came with a pilot. For the brief moment I saw the ship in ROTS, I loved the look and I think overall Hasbro did a good job.

santosha
03-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Just found a set of Order 66 at La Cienaga Target, there is still another set there , looks liked they opened one box. No Price on shelf but it was in the system. Jefferson Target had Obi and R2 TAC only.
It was like you guys said they just randomly put them out.

santosha
03-27-2007, 12:09 PM
This is what I believe a case will be on wave2
Wave 2 includes 12 individually packaged, including: 2x Rebel Sentry Honor Guard, 2x Han Solo (Millennium Falcon Gunner), 2x Luke Skywalker, 2x Death Star Trooper, 2x Biggs Darklighter (Rebel Pilot), 2x McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett (includes two different helmets).
Then of course there is Wave 2 Revision 1 includes including: 1x Han Solo (Millennium Falcon Gunner), 1x Luke Skywalker, 1x Death Star Trooper, 1x Galactic Marine, 1x Mustafarian Lava Miner, 1x R2-D2, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x Mace Windu, 1x Airborne Trooper, 1x McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett, 1x Super Battle Droid, 1x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper.

So there should be enough to go around but I suppose part of Collecting the toys is the rush of getting them. So many times Ive rushed to get an item when had I waited I would have still got it and sometimes cheaper.
"People are Strange"
The Doors

toonimator
03-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Burbank Target reset this morning... naturally, I was 15 minutes late getting there. Plumber Bob & Boxcar Willy were leaving the parking lot when I arrived... got in, there were 2 R2s, 2 Obis, a Mace, and an SBD (PM for stash!) left of TAC. They also had a bunch of Vader coin albums, and 3 of the new Nerf blasters (2 clone 1 rebel). Tons of POTC:AWE figures and deluxe (bought the Deluxe Elizabeth) and most of the other toys for that line, a bunch of Spidey 3, and Marvel Signature Series "Legends" Cyclops-in-Astonishing-X-Men-outfit... not sure if it's exclusive or not, but it was $20 like the exclusive Punisher & 1st App Spidey were and there were 6 of him, no other characters. No SW vehicles, and a gray sticker on the vehicle tag. No peg at the moment for Expanded Universe sets, either (hopefully the "week of 4/8" SW mini-reset for the Order 66 endcap will return them, just in time for Wave 2)

In the Hot Wheels aisle were two guys I didn't recognize gabbing over the cars, and later another stranger went through the cars for awhile, taking a few, while two other guys I didn't recognize hit the action figure aisle, making a beeline for SW. One guy left empty-handed, I think, the other left with 2 coin albums. Weird! Someone must've put a call out, or something. I do wonder what Bob & Willy made off with...

Luuuuuuke
03-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't use the DPCI for the same item at the same story more than once. In general, I think the DPCI trick is a two-sided sword. You can get someting early, but I think the more it's used, or overused when people get like 3 cases plus at once or something, the more likely that employees and more importantly managers will tighten policies on pulling stuff.

I use the DPCI trick as a pressure valve. It releases that feeling of "I have to have that," you know? Once I got a set of TAC 1 using the DPCI I felt no urge to use the DPCI again, even at another store. I could wait till they hit the shelves, and actually, I've found 2 more Marines just by walking up to a shelf.

Same thing with Order 66. I got a set of all 6. I'm happy. If I were want an extra of one or two of the clone sets, I'll just wait till they hit stores. But there's this psychological need we all have as collectors to grab as much stuff as we want as soon as possible. Eventually I think it will backfire and Target will get even stingier on pulling stuff. As it is, I don't know why they have those DPCI machines out there, since they're so conflicted about it.

CrunchyNug
03-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I tried a few more Targets this morning looking for V-wings and struck out again. They've all got little gray dots on the price sticker, so that means they're on order and should be here soon.

Anyone who's found these know the case ratio?

Tycho
03-27-2007, 02:18 PM
[FONT=Arial]This is what I believe a case will be on wave2

The thing is that Hasbro said there'd be 1 McQuarrie concept figure per case, IIRC.

Glad to hear the Order-66 sets smell so good, CrunchyNug ;)

BlueSnags
03-27-2007, 02:28 PM
The thing is that Hasbro said there'd be 1 McQuarrie concept figure per case, IIRC.

Glad to hear the Order-66 sets smell so good, CrunchyNug ;)

There are indeed 2 McQuarrie Boba Fetts per case in Wave 2. Seems like the rest will be one-per-case, but Hasbro (smartly) realized the demand for this figure in particular.

In other news, my TAC Wave 2 case shipped today! Should be in hand in a few days.:laugh:

santosha
03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
That number was based on a case from EE, In the past when I have got a case from them it is a hasbro box sealed. But who knows.
Also just got an email from Master Replicas, that if you are a member there is a Celeb 4 Party happening at Jim Henson Company lot and you can bring a guest. Will take my son to stoke his mind.

darkagent
03-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Just found a set of Order 66 at La Cienaga Target, there is still another set there , looks liked they opened one box. No Price on shelf but it was in the system. Jefferson Target had Obi and R2 TAC only.
It was like you guys said they just randomly put them out.

I was just there at 11am and didn't see anything. Were you there much earlier?

santosha
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Yes I get there at 8.15 on the way to work

Commtech
03-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Just came back from TRU Burbank. They have 3 kasshyyk clones if anyone's interested. Actually the whole wave except Appo.

Turbowars
03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I've only been successful at Burbank twice lately- once for TAC, the other for Order 66. I always use different people at different times of day- and am very polite. I definitely didn't clean them out- I only asked for one case or 1/2 in the instance of Order 66. Trust me, some guys are pulling multiple cases in one shot, but I'm not complaining. I've hooked people up with leftovers, even you I think...:)

Today I asked about them because of the alleged 3/25 release which didn't happen. Most of the time when they bring stuff out to me, it's already open and something is missing. I've been hitting other Targets in the area, and in OC and SD counties, with some success, but not always. Once wave 2 comes out, I'm not doing this anymore since all the cases have the same DPCI and you can't expect the redshirts to read the box for the wave number- that'd really **** them off.
Oh I know you picked up a Concept Trooper for, I'm just saying if you do use the DPIC #, just don't abuse it. That's all.

swabie2424
03-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Man, I'm gone for a few days and all heck breaks loose. (I'm behind I know.) New thread... and my pictures of the Scalper Gallery are gone forever :cry:

I need to hit Target I guess for these Order 66 things. lol.... Still need that vader coin thing too. Amazing how I just feel no pressure to get this stuff any more. But I still enjoy it once in hand.

Better go add this to my UserCP.

P.S. Saw that R2 mailbox outside of Taco Bell/Warner Bros today. Kinda neat-o!

Tycho
03-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Swabie: here's your chance to take all new pictures of our forum heroes:

Dirty Sanchez
Plumber Bob
Jackie Chan
Hootie
Headphones

Gosh, I'm missing someone, I know it!

Those guys deserve their fame. Besides, I think I'd like to Photoshop a picture of Richard Simmons coaching each of them. Hehehe.

santosha
03-28-2007, 12:48 AM
People will have to use camera phones to get pictures of them, then email them on.

Tycho
03-28-2007, 12:56 AM
People will have to use camera phones to get pictures of them, then email them on.

Of course. But grown men running through discount stores for little plastic toys? They can't expect to never be made fun of.

santosha
03-28-2007, 12:58 AM
If we cant make fun of ourselves, then we cant laugh at others

Tycho
03-28-2007, 01:01 AM
If we cant make fun of ourselves, then we cant laugh at others

People make fun of me all the time. I'm always behind just catching up. :crazed:

santosha
03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Sometimes I take my son with me and get him to run ahead so I dont look look the fool. But Im sure the security guy watching the store cameras gets to see some interesting stuff on tape. We forget we are being watched.

BlueSnags
03-28-2007, 02:21 AM
Swabie: here's your chance to take all new pictures of our forum heroes:

Dirty Sanchez
Plumber Bob
Jackie Chan
Hootie
Headphones

Gosh, I'm missing someone, I know it!

You got most of 'em. Only missed Boxcar Willie, Blackberry, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Beautiful Bobby. There are also a few fringe guys, like El Puerco and Peg Leg Pete that I haven't seen in awhile.

figrin bran
03-28-2007, 02:32 AM
El Puerco!!! man, i haven't seen that guy in a long, long time. not that i mind. heck, i haven't even seen Senor Sanchez around either and i used to see him at my local stores at least once a week.

Commtech
03-28-2007, 02:36 AM
You got most of 'em. Only missed Boxcar Willie, Blackberry, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Beautiful Bobby. There are also a few fringe guys, like El Puerco and Peg Leg Pete that I haven't seen in awhile.

Lynyrd Skynyrd!! LOL!!! Is that the guy with the mustang? My stomach hurts from laughing!! :D He's actually a cool dude. If you guys are as creative at your jobs as you are at giving nicknames, you'll make it big.

I still remember you guys calling me "fanny pack" because I carried one for a short time. LOL!! I had to carry that damn thing because of the invisalign treatment to fix my teeth and the trays and the toothbrush, etc. (anyway, too much info!). The point is you guys get creative. LOL!

Lynyrd Skinyrd!! LOL!!! My stomach still hurts!

BlueSnags
03-28-2007, 02:44 AM
I used to ALWAYS see Lynyrd Skynyrd at the North Hollywood Target. That was "his" store. Not sure if he drove a mustang or not. He probably did. I don't really hit the stores in the morning anymore, but I bet he's still there every day.:whip:

Commtech
03-28-2007, 02:53 AM
I used to ALWAYS see Lynyrd Skynyrd at the North Hollywood Target. That was "his" store. Not sure if he drove a mustang or not. He probably did. I don't really hit the stores in the morning anymore, but I bet he's still there every day.:whip:

Then maybe you are talking about the skinny porn photographer with a mullet and baseball hat who was Hootie's nemesis. He used to drive a black pick up. They would always get into an argument and insult each other inside the store. Haven't seen him like in 2 years. Maybe he got into child pornography and is now in jail. I'll search the Megan's law website.

Aw man, who needs movies when there are so many interesting characters in real life.

Jango Speck
03-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Did a late late WM run to Santa Clarita tonight- found nothing but Spiderman 3 stuff. Very little TAC, no battlepacks, but Panorama City had seven cases of wave 8 Saga out (open boxes, figures nowhere to be found). What a waste of time!! Even the 24 hour WM was a bust.

swabie2424
03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Nothing at Burbank Target this morning. :cry:

Saw Toony there though. :thumbsup:

toonimator
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Good seeing you! There actually was a BIT of leftover Wave 1, better selection than yesterday (and surprisingly fewer R2s and Obis!). I picked up a 2nd Airborne and stashed another (my SBD stash is still safe, if anyone wants; there's another SBD on the pegs tho). Also picked up Gibbs and Deluxe Will Turner & Sao Feng from POTC. Sao'll become Joruus C'baoth one of these days, but for now Will & Gibbs are safe as cool-lookin figures on their own. Saw a couple other newbies in the aisle, one was an older dude with gray hair & 'stache, went straight to SW.

santosha
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Nothing new except a 3 white Tie Fighters at La Cienaga Target, the Target in Culver City had nothing new, got there a little late as traffic sucked this morning.

BlueSnags
03-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Then maybe you are talking about the skinny porn photographer with a mullet and baseball hat who was Hootie's nemesis. He used to drive a black pick up. They would always get into an argument and insult each other inside the store. Haven't seen him like in 2 years. Maybe he got into child pornography and is now in jail. I'll search the Megan's law website.

Aw man, who needs movies when there are so many interesting characters in real life.

That's the guy. Last time I saw him was during the UGH craze last year at NoHo Target. He was was looking for Treasure Hunts and of course UGHs, or "silvers" as he called them.

That was the last time I went to NoHo Target at opening, so I thought he might still be there. Maybe he IS in prison - he would fit in well there IMO.

santosha
03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Star Wars Stamps info came out, you can vote on what stamps you want to see. Cool
http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/splash.html

figrin bran
03-28-2007, 10:27 PM
i got my McQuarrie Fetts disguised as stormies from kaybeetoys.com today ;p

darkagent
03-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Just got a shipping E-mail from Toys R Us for the Bantha BP. Should have it in hand in a few days.

santosha
03-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Excellent, I got an email yesterday that mine had shipped.

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Man, I'm gone for a few days and all heck breaks loose. (I'm behind I know.) New thread... and my pictures of the Scalper Gallery are gone forever :cry: If they were attachments, check your attachments (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/profile.php?do=editattachments) listing in the User Control Panel, they're probably still there - that's what happened the last time this occurred, attachments don't get deleted because they're not in the same data as the threads themselves. If they were links, go to google and search the thread by their archive, or try archive.org.

Star Wars Stamps info came out, you can vote on what stamps you want to see. Cool
http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/splash.htmlTechnically, they're all getting made in that whole pane, we're just voting on which stamp gets done as a single sheet as well. And they won't hit retail until late May.

Jango Speck
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/splash.html

I wish they'd have left out the few prequel ones and then done a separate prequel sheet. The look misplaced among all the OT stamps.

santosha
03-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Nothing to report at the two Targets in the Culver City area this morning.
On a better note I wanted to let you guys know the company I work for just got awarded the special effects to do the new Marvel Hulk movie. Have only seen part of the story so far, will have to wait and see.

toonimator
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
As long as the Hulk appears sooner than an hour into the film... cool!

Burbank Target was kinda crummy, only an Airborne & Obi-Wan left of TAC. They restocked coin albums, though, and the TMNT figures are ringin up at $7.05 instead of the advertised markdown of $7.19 so I picked up Mikey.

santosha
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
I let you know more when I see the story boards, but I believe he is fighting a character call the abomination who is a character the size of the Hulk

Funny Money
03-29-2007, 02:01 PM
La Cienega TRU- 10am - had nothing new. 7 Coin Albums and Two Airborne Marines . Thought they would go quick. They have been on the pegs for two days with a few other misc. TAC figures, (Obi, R2,..)

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Los Feliz TRU at 12:30 had all the TAC wave 1 figures except the McQuarrie Stormie. I picked up a couple Galactic Marines, an Airborne Trooper, the Lava Miner, and the Super Battle Droid. There was a 3rd Marine on the pegs, but I didn't notice if there were dupes of the others among the sea of Obi-Wan & R2s. Target Eagle Rock and both in Pasadena had nothing beyond Obi-Wan, R2, and Mace.

figrin bran
03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Los Feliz TRU at 12:30 had all the TAC wave 1 figures except the McQuarrie Stormie. I picked up a couple Galactic Marines, an Airborne Trooper, the Lava Miner, and the Super Battle Droid. There was a 3rd Marine on the pegs, but I didn't notice if there were dupes of the others among the sea of Obi-Wan & R2s. Target Eagle Rock and both in Pasadena had nothing beyond Obi-Wan, R2, and Mace.

i should've mentioned it earlier JT but please stash any galactic marines you find at your local stores. i still need 2 more of them.

MicroJow
03-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Awww, it seems like the photos got wiped out, too! :upset:

After a brief search on Google, I found the page with the Headphones pic on it... but the links don't work.

Link (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:wawS7-S-c8IJ:sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D123%26page%3D943+L.A.+Area+Si rStevesGuide+headphones&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=24&gl=us)

Guess we have to keep a lookout for these guys and snap some more pix!

- J!

Edit: Shortened link down(KH)

BlueSnags
03-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll check and see if I still have those Headphones pics on my computer. I had also posted some photos of Jackie Chan, hopefully those are still around too.

Kidhuman
03-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Wanna give a hug shout out to FB for supplying the DPCI for TAC for me as I got my Clones, Miners and conecept Stormies today.

Another favor: can someone PM me the DCPI for the Order 66 packs?

toonimator
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Just a Spidey 3 and POTC restock at Target today... still a lone Obi from TAC, and a bunch of Rep Beens and one Podracer 2-pack from TSC. A couple coin albums, nothin else. Picked up black-suit Spidey since it's on sale, but I'll wait to get the WM-exclusive Venom (the only Venom that's BLACK!). Also picked up at extra Deluxe Will Turner for customs.

santosha
03-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Nothing to report at the two Targets in the Culver city area,
"The Pegs are Dry"

BlueSnags
03-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Was checking around on Ebay and I saw that the McQuarrie Boba is already going for big bucks. This is gonna be a tough figure to find IMO, even at 2 per case. A couple of guys here at work who are just casual fans of SW were telling me they want one and they don't even collect SW figures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-30th-Annivesary-WV-2-McQuarrie-Boba-Fett_W0QQitemZ140101781654QQcategoryZ101609QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-30th-ANNIVERSARY-BOBA-FETT-CONCEPT-15-N-HAND_W0QQitemZ220095955677QQcategoryZ50266QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

toonimator
03-30-2007, 03:18 PM
The latest issue of ToyFare's also calling it the #1 hottest figure and going for big bucks on the secondary market already... and it's not even out! Unless you don't read the issue until May, the month on its cover, it looks incredibly ridiculous.

BlueSnags
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
The latest issue of ToyFare's also calling it the #1 hottest figure and going for big bucks on the secondary market already... and it's not even out! Unless you don't read the issue until May, the month on its cover, it looks incredibly ridiculous.

Hahaha, their top 10 is ALWAYS completely awful. They actually listed a Hasbro ML Iron Man (unmasked variant) in their list as well. Those Hasbro Marvel Legends don't belong anywhere near a Top 10 List. No McQuarrie Stormtrooper on their list, which is an another oversight. I bet any one of us here in LA Just Found could compile a better list than those jokers.

JodyB
03-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Was checking around on Ebay and I saw that the McQuarrie Boba is already going for big bucks. This is gonna be a tough figure to find IMO, even at 2 per case. A couple of guys here at work who are just casual fans of SW were telling me they want one and they don't even collect SW figures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-30th-Annivesary-WV-2-McQuarrie-Boba-Fett_W0QQitemZ140101781654QQcategoryZ101609QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-30th-ANNIVERSARY-BOBA-FETT-CONCEPT-15-N-HAND_W0QQitemZ220095955677QQcategoryZ50266QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Well... I hate to admit this but I have a Target near where I'm working now that no one goes to and in 2 days I have taken "Hostage" 4 Hotwheel Treasure Hunts... I will happily release them to HW collector's that have taken "Hostage" any TAC wave 2 figures especially Boba Fett...:D

stillakid
03-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Well... I hate to admit this but I have a Target near where I'm working now that no one goes to and in 2 days I have taken "Hostage" 4 Hotwheel Treasure Hunts... I will happily release them to HW collector's that have taken "Hostage" any TAC wave 2 figures especially Boba Fett...:D

You should leave a ransom note "hidden" on one of the pegs. :bandit:

santosha
03-30-2007, 03:40 PM
It was like when Scorch came out people were bidding crazy for it on ebay ?
The more people want it the more people will pay. A collection piece is only worth what someone will pay for it. So we will just have to find as many as we can to finance the rest of this year, as it being the 30th year the wallet is going to get pounded.

JediTricks
03-30-2007, 04:11 PM
i should've mentioned it earlier JT but please stash any galactic marines you find at your local stores. i still need 2 more of them.D'oh! Will do in the future.

Awww, it seems like the photos got wiped out, too! :upset:

After a brief search on Google, I found the page with the Headphones pic on it... but the links don't work.

Link (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:wawS7-S-c8IJ:sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D123%26page%3D943+L.A.+Area+Si rStevesGuide+headphones&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=24&gl=us)

Guess we have to keep a lookout for these guys and snap some more pix!

- J!Hmm, something's odd about that, if the attachment was totally gone the system wouldn't give that notice, it'd say "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". I'll see if Steve can find it from the admin section.

Jango Speck
03-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Burbank TRU had a bunch of remnants of Saga wave 9 at lunch- several HoloKenobis, but no clones to be found. They also have the TAC wave out on a white rack at the end of the aisle, but nothing except Obi Wan and R2.

BlueSnags
03-30-2007, 06:04 PM
A case of TAC Wave 2 just showed up at my door. Good times.

CrunchyNug
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
A case of TAC Wave 2 just showed up at my door. Good times.

I'll give you $50 for one of those Boba's!!!

BlueSnags
03-30-2007, 06:46 PM
I'll give you $50 for one of those Boba's!!!

I already sold it to Headphones for $60!

Luuuuuuke
03-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Yikes, maybe I should keep my order of a Boba Fett for $14.99 from BBTS and Stormtrooper for $12.99.

figrin bran
03-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Wanna give a hug shout out to FB for supplying the DPCI for TAC for me as I got my Clones, Miners and conecept Stormies today.

Another favor: can someone PM me the DCPI for the Order 66 packs?

just as long as it's a man hug

i'm PMing you the Order 66 DCPI right now

Kidhuman
03-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks again FB, will try it out later this week.

Thakns to BlueSnags for sending it too.

It should have said HUGE shout out, not hug.

Tycho
03-31-2007, 12:11 PM
OK, one of my local area guys finally did do something funny. I saw "Hot Wheels Bob" leaving Ralph's empty handed this morning, after our regular sighting during our Target toy run.

At Target, he bought all the Hot Wheels Batmobiles - 3 of them I think. He's not a scalper and does collect (he makes a living as a graphic design artist I believe), but he said the Batmobiles will make great trade-bait. So the greed-bug got him this morning. Another guy, "Starbuck," said the Batmobiles weren't that rare, but that some guy they trade with (probably at the Swap Meet) would take them.

Well, these guys are the regular morning crew at my store, along with 3 or so others. A seldom seen guy who does only Star Wars was seen today and he got into my isle ahead of me. He's very quiet and I just asked him "Ya only collect Star Wars?" and he only said, "Uh-huh." I don't peg him for a scalper, but you never know. I haven't seen any of us really get anything from that Target in the morning - it's just a shopping ritual - that's all.

So next I go to Ralph's to get some milk, fruit, and breakfast cereal. I'm checking out after doing my shopping, and there goes Bob past me, empty handed. He said a friendly, "Hello" - he's a nice guy - but leaving a grocery store empty handed? You just KNOW he was looking through their Hot Wheels! Too funny. I'm going to tell everyone else tomorrow. I guess you can't have enough Batmobiles?

Luuuuuuke
03-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Has anyone seen the TMNT twopacks that include a baddie called "Gato" and one called "Aquila"? I'm trying to help an out of state friend out and have only seen two other ones. If it's not Star Wars Hasbro and Lord of the Rings before, I'm pretty clueless.

Jango Speck
03-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Turns out I've got two extra unopened Airbornes. I'm looking for two Commander Appos. Anyone wanna trade?

figrin bran
03-31-2007, 07:53 PM
leaving Ralphs empty handed??? at least get some water or soda or coffee for the road!

i picked up two more SBD's today.

TAC is going to be tough to come by at Target for the time being as they only have two pegs for it with the other pegs occupied by Saga. also that 4/8 date for Order 66 is total bunk as that date is Easter and Target will be closed.

BlueSnags
04-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Here are a few "Recent Acquisition" Pics:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/geekout037-1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/geekout043-1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/BHS007.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/BHS002.jpg

Jango Speck
04-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Very nice pix Snags. I just ordered the Wave 2 case (the one with only one of each figure), can't wait to pick it up next week.

Tycho
04-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Nice Picture, BlueSnags! You're making me jealous.

I can't buy a case though. I'm going to army build some figures and not bother with Han, Biggs, and Luke, though they do look nice!

BlueSnags
04-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Thanks guys. You'll love this wave. The Han is the surprise of the bunch - great figure, very nice. Luke is about what I expected (bad headsculp, rest is good). DS Commander and Honor Guard are great - want to get a few more of those two. Biggs is great. Boba is awesome - one of my favorite figures EVER.

Funny Money
04-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Here are a few "Recent Acquisition" ...

Nice! Very nice. I thought you were setting everyone up for an April fools joke!

Chaddymac and I hit TRU La Cienega this morning along with about 60 Wii hopefuls. What was new as far as Star Wars?... A new case of wave one TAC, no concept Trooper...hmmmm. Maybe he was out on the loading dock taking a smoke.

figrin bran
04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
i got shot down with the Order 66 packs at one of the Targets in Luuuuuuke's neck of the woods. this girl said they weren't allowed to pull collectibles, this other guy said they could. a few months ago at this store, they brought out a Felucia pack for me without any hassles.

i picked up some WM exclusive cantina aliens plus the Mace astromech.

Luuuuuuke
04-01-2007, 11:34 PM
i got shot down with the Order 66 packs at one of the Targets in Luuuuuuke's neck of the woods. this girl said they weren't allowed to pull collectibles, this other guy said they could.

There's two Targets in my area that are pretty good about doing it, one in particular. There's one that NOW won't do it, but they're not rude about it. I don't try it at another Target because my wife used to work there and it would just feel weird. Why didn't the guy that said they could pull collectibles just get it for you?

Commtech
04-01-2007, 11:53 PM
There's two Targets in my area that are pretty good about doing it, one in particular. There's one that NOW won't do it, but they're not rude about it. I don't try it at another Target because my wife used to work there and it would just feel weird. Why didn't the guy that said they could pull collectibles just get it for you?

i got shot down with the Order 66 packs at one of the Targets in Luuuuuuke's neck of the woods. this girl said they weren't allowed to pull collectibles, this other guy said they could. a few months ago at this store, they brought out a Felucia pack for me without any hassles.

I don't get it. Why won't you guys mention which targets so we know what's going in each area?:cross-eye