PDA

View Full Version : Wave 1

Darth Cruel
03-19-2007, 10:30 PM
I didn't see any threads specific to wave 1 in this section...if I missed something, mods, feel free to correct me. And thanks for the help if it is required!

I got wave 1 today. I bought revision 1 so that i would have doubles of the Mustafar Lava Miner and Super Battle Droid as opposed to Obi-Wan and R2-D2. I opened a Galactic Marine and an Airborn Trooper and i must say. The Galactic Marine is pretty close to awesome. It does reach as far as great figure. That weak blaster rifle has to go, though. Nothing new but the color of the Airborn as everybody already knows, but this is still a great figure as well. I gotta get him with an Utapau Clone soon.

The coins are just as much of an ignorant waste of plastic and money as I expected them to be. I guess one of the GOOD long blaster rifles would have been too much to ask in place of this stupid coin. Maybe even a long (good one) AND short blaster was out of the question. Sometimes I do not know what Hasbro is thinking.

Holy Moly! I just thought of a trade to post in the trade section! EVERYONE GO CHECK IT OUT!

General_Grievous
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
The coins are just as much of an ignorant waste of plastic and money as I expected them to be. I guess one of the GOOD long blaster rifles would have been too much to ask in place of this stupid coin. Maybe even a long (good one) AND short blaster was out of the question. Sometimes I do not know what Hasbro is thinking.

That's actually a good idea. It makes much more sense to pack extra weapons (blasters, lightsabers) than to pack in useless coins.

TheCivilCollector
03-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I agree about the coins. It's too bad, I thought they were really on to something usefull with the saga line by packing in the stand. The holograms never did much for me either, but at least they have some display value. Too bad they didn't put a peg on the coins.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Apparently they are going to sell TSC style stands starting at Celebration IV. I'm assuming these will be generic stands, but considering that they had trouble getting the right movie name on some of them, that's fine. I'll probably get some once they become available on the internet.

General_Grievous
03-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Apparently they are going to sell TSC style stands starting at Celebration IV. I'm assuming these will be generic stands, but considering that they had trouble getting the right movie name on some of them, that's fine. I'll probably get some once they become available on the internet.

If I had to guess, I'd say they'd be the ones from Saga 2004. All those bases had was a peg and the Star Wars logo on it.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-20-2007, 10:31 PM
According to the question Galactic Hunter asked, they will be the 2006 stands.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=510

GalacticHunter.com: The concept of the 3 3/4" Battle Pack has evolved to include Beasts and Speeders (welcome additions). The original concept used newly re-tooled figures or new paint schemes, more accessories, and clear stands. Are the bonus accessories and stands completely phased out in favor of a new figure here and there? (Padmé from Ambush on Ilum could've really used a stand.) Would the Battle Pack series be the outlet for a completely new Imperial Speederbike? (It's overdue for an update, and there are several key figures that can interact with them.)

Hasbro: The concept of multi-figure packs is not a new one, as you point out, but the success of the new ones versus the older ones lies in the energetic, scene-based packout and the character selection (either heroes or Clones/troops), and now we are expanding that out to include smaller vehicles and beasts which we are excited about as well because it adds a dimension to the line we haven't had since the "deluxe" price point. We are looking at opportunities for new speeders but don't have anything definitive in the works. Finally, while we don't rule out larger accessories where it makes sense for the these packs, battle stands won't be coming back into them. Fans will soon have the opportunity to get 40-packs of official figure stands (2006 Saga stands) from HasbroToyShop.com. They will be made available for the first time at Celebration IV in Los Angeles.

JediInsider.com also asked the question, but the answer didn't specifically say 2006. They did say that the 40 pack would be $9.99.

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 11:19 PM
I will buy a few packs of stands, 40 cents each isnt a bad price.

I still havent seen wave 1 anywhere around.

Kill Solo
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
This first wave of TAC is solid. I love the airborne trooper, he fits right in with commander cody and his utaupan brethren. The galactic marine is just stupendous. He looks awesome posed with my custom bacara (customized for articulation). I don't army build but I can see myself buying a couple more GMs. The McQ stormtrooper is alright. I didn't realize his articulation was so limited, so I'm hesitant to open him. Oh and I almost forgot about Mace. He too is pretty awesome. All the Maces prior were all junk. The Jedi robe he comes with is freaking great.

Darth Cruel
03-21-2007, 01:35 AM
This first wave of TAC is solid. I love the airborne trooper, he fits right in with commander cody and his utaupan brethren. The galactic marine is just stupendous. He looks awesome posed with my custom bacara (customized for articulation). I don't army build but I can see myself buying a couple more GMs. The McQ stormtrooper is alright. I didn't realize his articulation was so limited, so I'm hesitant to open him. Oh and I almost forgot about Mace. He too is pretty awesome. All the Maces prior were all junk. The Jedi robe he comes with is freaking great.

I kind of forgot about Mace. I have read a few times that the figure is a good one of him. I am thinking of getting an extra to open so I have one for the MW Jedi Starfighter.

figrin bran
03-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I kind of forgot about Mace. I have read a few times that the figure is a good one of him. I am thinking of getting an extra to open so I have one for the MW Jedi Starfighter.

the head sculpt on Mace is terrible - even the ROTS head was better (not that it was a great sculpt either) otherwise, it's not a bad figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-21-2007, 01:49 AM
I will buy a few packs of stands, 40 cents each isnt a bad price.

I still havent seen wave 1 anywhere around.Actually, 40 for $9.99 works out to 25 cents each, so even better.

Kidhuman
03-21-2007, 07:03 AM
I ws figuring in some shipping charges on it.

Kill Solo
03-21-2007, 04:10 PM
the head sculpt on Mace is terrible - even the ROTS head was better (not that it was a great sculpt either) otherwise, it's not a bad figure.

I think the head sculpt on the TAC Mace is pretty spot on. He does look like he's constipated, but the resemblance is close.

El Chuxter
03-21-2007, 04:11 PM
What's the case breakdown on these? I've seen everyone but the McTrooper and the Galactic Marine. (I was rather surprised to score an Utapau Airborne Trooper, but no Marine.)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Not sure what is shipping to stores, but Entertainment Earth has the following two cases:

Wave 1
Galactic Marine x2
R2-D2 x2
Mustafarian Lava Miner x1
Obi-Wan Kenobi x2
Utapau Airborne Trooper x2
McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper x1
Mace Windu x1
Super Battle Droid x1

Wave 1 Revision 1
Galactic Marine x2
R2-D2 x1
Mustafarian Lava Miner x2
Obi-Wan Kenobi x1
Mace Windu x1
Super Battle Droid x2

Wave 2 Revision 1 also has one each of the Wave 1 figures.
Wave 3 has Mace, Airborne Trooper and 2x Galactic Marine.
Wave 3 Revision 1 has two each of the Airborne Trooper and Galactic Marine.

So, if these are the cases that are going to the stores, then there should be plenty of clones available.

jjreason
03-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I've recently been playing SW with my little guy, and HE (at 4 years old) noticed something I hadn't: the Galactic Marines come with a "floppier" version of the same "gun" that the Airborne Trooper has. Why the he** wouldn't they include the sturdier version with both figures?????

Cheapness, that's why. :mad:

figrin bran
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Not sure what is shipping to stores, but Entertainment Earth has the following two cases:

Wave 1
Galactic Marine x2
R2-D2 x2
Mustafarian Lava Miner x1
Obi-Wan Kenobi x2
Mace Windu x1
Super Battle Droid x1

Wave 1 Revision 1
Galactic Marine x2
R2-D2 x1
Mustafarian Lava Miner x2
Obi-Wan Kenobi x1
Mace Windu x1
Super Battle Droid x2

Wave 2 Revision 1 also has one each of the Wave 1 figures.
Wave 3 has Mace, Airborne Trooper and 2x Galactic Marine.
Wave 3 Revision 1 has two each of the Airborne Trooper and Galactic Marine.

So, if these are the cases that are going to the stores, then there should be plenty of clones available.

i can vouch that Target stores are getting the Wave 1 assortment as that's what i found a few weeks back.

Darth Cruel
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Sometimes it is very painful to love your children. As a surprise for doing well in school...I 'fessed up an Airborne Trooper, a Galactic Marine, and a Mustafar Lava Miner.

It hurt...but it was for a good cause.

tagmac
03-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I ordered the Rev. 1 case from EE, as it was the perfect case IMO. Two each of the Clones, Battle Droids (exactly what was needed for a diorama with R2), and 2 Lava Miners, as seen in AOTC. One each of all the rest of the figures, of which we only need one anyway. Glad I got this case, as in the long run it saves me time and money (spent on gas going from place to place).

So far only TRU got them in, and, of course, no Clones or Stormtroopers on the pegs, normal with the one scalper working the area. Now I don't have to worry about searching for these guys, nor do I feel like i'm stuck with extra, unneeded figures. And the Galactic Marine and Airborne trooper are really cool, worth having two each of. I wasn't gonna get a the repainted McQuarrie Trooper, but he's a small price to pay for the rest of the great figures from this wave.

JON9000
03-23-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm not really into this wave except for the McQuarrie trooper. I'm way more into OT stuff so I'm really looking forward to the next couple of waves.

Old Fossil
03-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I scored this wave this morning at Wal-Mart. I left the Obis, Miners, R2's, and 1 McQuarrie Trooper.

So far I've only opened Mace and 1 Airborne Trooper. Mace rocks!!! This is the best version of the character so far. Can't imagine they'd do much better.

The Airborne trooper is all right, though his helmet looks a little stretched when he's wearing it.

DarkArtist
03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
picked up the rest of Wave 1 today at Wally World. It's about time that they put out some Star Wars Figures, the pegs have been dry since October.

Luuuuuuke
03-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Got two more Galactic Marines this morning at Target. The weird thing is it was fairly late in the morning, around 9:15, and all they had was the two Marines, two Airbornes and a Lava Miner.

Mr Burns
03-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I think the Galactic Marine is the best figures from this wave. Mace indu is also highyl rated.

I got wave 2 today. Superb Han Solo. Biggs is also very good. Rebel Guard was a bit off, a really nasty shade of green is used. The Boba Fett is a little bland, but Death Star Trooper was good, and the less said about Luke the better. Worst figure of the year's main contestent is the best way to sum Luke up!!

jjreason
03-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Got two more Galactic Marines this morning at Target. The weird thing is it was fairly late in the morning, around 9:15, and all they had was the two Marines, two Airbornes and a Lava Miner.

I'm guessing someone returned them, and you hit the aisle just as they had been put back. Sweet!

Nice score for you as well, Mr. Burns - I'm really looking forward to this wave. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Just got mine.

The Artoo and Super Battle Droid look really nice displayed with each other.

Mace's body is alright, but his headsculpt is awful. It looks more like the dad from "Good Times" than Sam Jackson. I tried to switch his head with the ROTS Mace's head, but it didn't look right. But still, it's a decent figure.

The Lava Miner's pose isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Mine has no problem standing up at all.

The Galactic Marine looks great, but I don't like the flimsy gun. Still, it is great. I've been waiting for this one for almost two years.

The Airborne Trooper is very nice. I've been anticipating him for a while as well.

Battle Droid
03-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Wish I could find these.:(

DarkArtist
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
just came from the TRU in woodbride to find nothing except 4 vader / coin albums. the album is cool but I am a little bummed that the slots for the coins are a little two big for the vintage Kenner POTF coins. Also checked the Target in Edison to find 0.

DarkArtist
03-23-2007, 08:57 PM
I think the Galactic Marine is the best figures from this wave. Mace indu is also highyl rated.

I got wave 2 today. Superb Han Solo. Biggs is also very good. Rebel Guard was a bit off, a really nasty shade of green is used. The Boba Fett is a little bland, but Death Star Trooper was good, and the less said about Luke the better. Worst figure of the year's main contestent is the best way to sum Luke up!!

Nice find Mr. Burns, were there alot of Wave 2 or just a few. The stores by me are pretty much picked dry with a few Kenobi's and R2 left

jamesbondo07
03-24-2007, 02:15 AM
I got all of Wave 1 today at Wal-mart. The Galactic Marine is GREAT!!! I got 8 of them. Overall I think the figures seem to be painted better then most of the previous lines.

abell748
03-24-2007, 07:46 AM
So far all I have seen and purchased is Obi and R2. I really want to find the McQuarrie stormtrooper since I never even saw one the first time it was released. That is the only figure I am afraid of not finding.

Old Fossil
03-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I picked up two more Galactic Marines this morning. That brings me up to 4 and all I plan on getting of this figure. They look great with Master Mundi and Commander Baccara.

The Marine is a decent figure, though I don't think it's quite as good as some give it credit for. I admit the sculpt and paint app is superb, but the figure's poseability is very limited by the plastic skirt/kilt and shoulderpads/pauldrons. I don't know how that problem could have been avoided, unless soft goods were used.

Kill Solo
03-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I scored 2 more Galactic Marines today & a SBD that I forgot to grab the 1st time I scored TAC Wave1. I'm really starting to love TAC.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
No sight of anything new at Wal-Mart or Target today except for the Treachery on Saleucami battle pack.

Snowtrooper
03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
My brother found alot of these last night and got me almost everything(he kept the GM's for himself). Can hardly wait to see em.

El Chuxter
03-24-2007, 10:45 PM
I keep seeing only armies and armies of Obi-Wan and Artoo, with the occasional SBD or Mace. :(

DarkArtist
03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I keep seeing only armies and armies of Obi-Wan and Artoo, with the occasional SBD or Mace. :(

wow all I see is Obi at the Wally World by me. TRU and Target were sad sights as they had nothing not even left over Saga at TRU just a bunch of Rieekan's at Target in Edison.

Phantom-like Menace
03-25-2007, 12:05 AM
TRU had these this afternoon, but I was well too late to get any Galactic Marine or Airborne Trooper goodness. I don't even want that many (comparatively) of these troops. I need 11 GMs (twelve troops in two columns fit my entertainment center nicely) to go with Bacara, and I only need enough Airborne Troopers to bring my Utapau troops up to twelve (four I think). After that I want to customize at least one Airborne Trooper for my custom 105th Legion.

Even as far as wave two the only other figure I want is concept Boba Fett, and I'd be happy with four or so. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but their purchase may mark my first foray into custom Mandolorians. No, scratch that, I also want Biggs.

The real expense for me is going to come in the form of Order 66 two packs (though any Utapau Order 66 sets I get will subtract from the above number of Order 66 Airborne Troopers) and Neyo sets (if I ever see them). The Neyo sets are really going to hurt as I want four or so of them.

Kidhuman
03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Found these today, only got the clones, the concept stormie and the lava miner.

Battle Droid
03-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Got my Super Battle Droid and Lava Miner that I ordered from TRU.com today.

TheRealDubya
03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Saw about 10 Obi-Wans only last night, right next to a ton of TSC Jerjerrods, King of the Peg Warmers. Can't wait to walk into a store and see them all hanging out, one of these days.