PDA

View Full Version : TAC Blasters

DarkArtist
03-20-2007, 12:00 PM
just spotted the new TAC Blasters today at Walmart. they had about 3 of the Clone Trooper and 2 of the Rebel blaster. they looked cool in the package and somewhat detailed. no sounds however but a LED targeting light when you press the trigger. each comes with three foam darts. the only thing that bums me about these are the colors, bright blue for the clone and neon green for the rebel, the back of the package shows them in a matte black finish however. while it is easy just to spray them black I would have prefered they were made in a more realistic color.

Might have to pick these up later.

Ji'dai
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I saw both blasters today too, and was struck by the colors as well.

Reminds me of the POTF2 Han Solo blaster in day-glo orange.

DarkArtist
03-21-2007, 07:35 AM
I saw both blasters today too, and was struck by the colors as well.

Reminds me of the POTF2 Han Solo blaster in day-glo orange.

I'd have to say that when I first saw the Solo blaster in the orange i cringed a little. at least the stormtrooper blaster in white wasn't as bad.

I still have my original ROTJ Han Solo Blaster and Biker Scout Pistol both in working condition.

Ji'dai
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
My original SW Han Solo blaster has seen better days. I think it's missing the battery panel and the scope is broken. I still have my ROTJ Biker Scout pistol too, which is in much better shape and still works. I liked that one better anyway.

TheDarthVader
03-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I saw the GREEN rebel trooper blaster at target today. Seems like blue is at WM and green is at Target. Both looks stupid IMO. If the rebel blaster was black, I would have purchased one. Oh well.

DarkArtist
03-25-2007, 01:22 PM
I saw the GREEN rebel trooper blaster at target today. Seems like blue is at WM and green is at Target. Both looks stupid IMO. If the rebel blaster was black, I would have purchased one. Oh well.

I didn't know that the blasters were in different colors. I thought the Clone Blaster was the Blue and the Rebel Blaster in green. There aren't variants or chase blasters like the figures are there.

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I saw the RFT blaster at Target last night, them putting a try-me sticker on and then it's only a light that you can see from the front was incredibly stupid, and omitting sound was pretty dippy as well. It looked like an alright sculpt but the green color was pretty heinous. No Clone Trooper blaster there either.

I hadn't heard about a color variation on the RFT one, is that accurate or foof?

LTBasker
03-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I saw both of them a few weeks back, didn't look at them much. Though, I was very surprised that they look nearly 1:1 scale, I figured they would have been shrunk some. Granted the bright coloring isn't that great, it's still nice to see that they're putting out more accurate role-play weapons. Considering the features they're putting into weapons in the Nerf line, I'm hoping if they make an E-11 that they included a fold-out stock.

No doubt costumers like the 501st are excited to get inexpensive Rebel and Clone weapons.

K M Toydarian
03-26-2007, 04:15 AM
Picked these up last week at Target. Both Rebel and Clone blasters were blue, with the box photos being blue as well. There is also a blue Grevious blaster pictured (I assume Nerf as well). The best thing was when I checked out they were 4.98. They must be on the same SKU as the old blasters, I imagine they will be back up to regular price soon.
I then went to a different Target and found the Blasters with the Blue Clone and Green Rebel versions. They have the pics of the Black versions on the box.

DarkArtist
03-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I guess there are two versions of the Rebel Trooper blaster as I have seen both the green and blue versions.

TheDarthVader
04-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey Jt, I am the FIRST to post this and confirm it! SWEET! In your weekly thingy, instead of a forumite, I give you permission to say THEDARTHVADER has informed me of a color variant. Picture is coming soon.

TheDarthVader
04-03-2007, 07:05 PM
here ya go! and I own both the blue and green because of a price descrepancy at a retail store. I got them cheap! Anyway, I am planning on painting one...but which one? Who knows.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Cool beans TDV! I'll try to work it into the next column.

TheDarthVader
04-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Finally, after all of these years, I posted something useful. Anyway, you're welcome!