PDA

View Full Version : So what's your opinion of Obi-Wan and Alpha Republic Comic 2-pack?

Tycho
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Obi-Wan almost looks good, but what's the point of giving him softgoods on his under-tunic if his outer Jedi robe is hard plastic?

You can't take the outer robe off because it's vest style - his arms will still have the over-robe sleeves. They should either opt for a softgoods outer robe, or interchangeable arms with white sleeves.

The Sith torture mask is cool.

Alpha's about what I'd expect but a very nice figure anyway. What ever happened to him, BTW? (Obi-Wan hung out with him before Cody)

I think I recall, Alpha was reassigned. He wasn't instructed for Order 66, so that must have been why someone in operations command wanted Cody attached to Kenobi instead.

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 06:20 PM
This might just be the only comic pack I buy because I like the way Alpha looks.

El Chuxter
03-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Alpha was reassigned to train the Clone Commanders, but served with Obi-Wan one last time when they (and several other Jedi) tried to capture Grievous. This was the battle where Adi Gallia was killed, and Asajj Ventress was left for dead by Dooku. Afterward, Alpha was on the ship with Asajj, en route to Coruscant to get medical attention, when she hijacked it and it was never heard from again.

I have one thing to say about the Obi-Wan:
"Bring in the gimp!"

General_Grievous
03-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Well, to be honest, I'm not very impressed. I would have bought it if Obi-Wan had an AOTC headsculpt, but I don't see anything that resembles his Episode II mullet. All I see is Sirius Black (Gary Oldman's character) from the Harry Potter films. Got nothing bad to say about Alpha, though. He looks cool, but I don't collect EU. My $9.99 will not go to this comic pack. Instead, I'll buy the Stormtrooper Luke and Artoo set.

DarkArtist
03-20-2007, 08:43 PM
can't wait to get these figures. I might have to get at least 2 of these sets for the alpha and one to customize the Obi Wan

figrin bran
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
i'll buy this set but only for Alpha. i'm more enthusiastic about the Quinlan/Villie pack

Tycho
03-20-2007, 10:01 PM
i'm more enthusiastic about the Quinlan/Villie pack

Ditto that. I may get as many as 8 Quinlan / Villies!

figrin bran
03-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Ditto that. I may get as many as 8 Quinlan / Villies!

that's an awful lot for someone who isn't even a real collector!

and before you reply, i know you're using them for dioramas

DarkArtist
03-21-2007, 07:38 AM
that's an awful lot for someone who isn't even a real collector!

and before you reply, i know you're using them for dioramas

yeah but how many dioramas can do do with them ? I would like to get about two at the most, but would settle for one. Quilon is a cool character and would like to have him in the background of my Jedi Council scene or leading a pack of Clones before Order 66.

Tycho
03-21-2007, 08:35 AM
yeah but how many dioramas can do do with them ?

1. Quinlan with Aayla Secura (he was her Jedi Master) capturing Orm Free Ta
2. Quinlan vs. Mace Windu (when he was confused)
3. Quinlan vs. Dooku (during his Dark Side training)
4. Quinlan in Mos Espa background (TPM - Mos Espa scene)
5) Quinlan and Aayla versus this creature I got with custom fodder toys (from Republic)
6) Quinlan and Villie, vs. rogues' gallery of aliens from bounty hunt
7) Quinlan vs. Clones on Kashyyyk during Order 66 (with Villie's help)
8) Quinlan w. Obi-Wan Kenobi & Alpha vs. Asajj Ventress

1) Villie in Mos Espa
2) Villie in Podrace audience
3) Villie in Club Outlander
4) Villie in Dexter's Diner
5) Villie w. Quinlan vs. rogues' gallery of aliens from bounty hunt (see #6 above)
6) Villie helping Quinlan escape Clones on Kashyyyk during Order 66
7) Villie taking contract from Darth Maul and Darth Sidious holograms (Acts of War)
8) ? I'm sure I'll find a use

evenflow
03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I liek the mask for Obi-Wan, it was a nice little addition that adds soemthing to a boring figure.

DarkArtist
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
1. Quinlan with Aayla Secura (he was her Jedi Master) capturing Orm Free Ta
2. Quinlan vs. Mace Windu (when he was confused)
3. Quinlan vs. Dooku (during his Dark Side training)
4. Quinlan in Mos Espa background (TPM - Mos Espa scene)
5) Quinlan and Aayla versus this creature I got with custom fodder toys (from Republic)
6) Quinlan and Villie, vs. rogues' gallery of aliens from bounty hunt
7) Quinlan vs. Clones on Kashyyyk during Order 66 (with Villie's help)
8) Quinlan w. Obi-Wan Kenobi & Alpha vs. Asajj Ventress

1) Villie in Mos Espa
2) Villie in Podrace audience
3) Villie in Club Outlander
4) Villie in Dexter's Diner
5) Villie w. Quinlan vs. rogues' gallery of aliens from bounty hunt (see #6 above)
6) Villie helping Quinlan escape Clones on Kashyyyk during Order 66
7) Villie taking contract from Darth Maul and Darth Sidious holograms (Acts of War)
8) ? I'm sure I'll find a use

I stand corrected Tycho. didn't think of all those possibilities. might have to change the amount I want.