PDA

View Full Version : Comic 2-packs you'd like to see

Tycho
03-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I just re-read "Underworld," and had enjoyed it so much in the past, that I'd made plans to display a scene from this series:

Han Solo
Chewbacca
Lando
Greedo

Boba Fett

Bossk
Dengar
IG-88

Zuckuss
4-LOM

Jan Dodonna
Rebel Commandos

and I think to add the most prominently missing characters you could take your pick from:

Bria Tharen (Rebel Agent also key in the Han Solo Trilogy, Han's ex-girlfriend)
Sardu (bounty hunter with the Jawa commandos)
Jozzel Moffet (chick that was majordomo to one of the other Hutts)

This was a seriously fun comic! Sure there are a lot of them with potential, but Underworld rocks. They could always make Han and Boba Fett, cartoony-style like the art in the books, but I'm not really interested in more versions of these guys again.

pbarnard
03-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Lumyia/Luke Skywalker

Mara Jade/Talon Karrde

Mazic/Shada

Jacen and Jaina Solo (tweens, teens, and adult all possible)

Kyp Durron and Dorsk 82 (Leviathan)

Hobbie Kilvian and Wes Janson

Tycho Celchu and Winter

El Chuxter
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Lumiya/Luke would be very cool, as would Kyp/Dorskk 82.

Ysanne Isard/Baron Fel (Did they actually appear together? If not, make that two two-packs, and throw in two other Rogue Squadron characters.)

I'd prefer Karrde with Pelleaon, just to get another totally new figure. (Okay, new officer headsculpt.)

Asajj Ventress/K'krukh

Ki-Adi Mundi (Tatooine)/Ephant Mon (kill two birds there)

And, most of all, Jaxxon and anyone else. They can throw in the stupid POTF2 Cantina Han Solo again. Heck, they can say it's a two-pack and cheat us out of a figure. I just want a Jaxxon!

Ji'dai
03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Nomi Sunrider / Master Thon

Exar Kun / Master Vodo-Siosk Baas

Odan-Urr / Empress Teta

Cay Qel-Droma / Ulic Qel-Droma

Tycho
03-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Hmmm. A lot of good calls there.

With regards to Rogue Squadron - they confirmed they're doing something. With Mariss Brood's female Imperial sculpt available to them for kit-bashing (and I think a red-herring mention of Moff Tavira), I'd say that Ysanne Isard is a likely candidate. Also with Tycho getting an A-Wing Pilot release this year in the TAC, the head would be easily fit to a Dutch Vandor body, giving us Tycho in his more iconic X-wing pilot outfit. But Tycho has a plethura of body-options: Imperial Officer, TIE Pilot, Han CommTech body, Rogue Squadron dress uniform (reuseable for Wedge, Hobbie, and Janson). I'm doubtful they'd pack Hobbie and Janson together as the figures are so similar, minus their headsculpts. The pirate turned Imperial, Loka Hosk is a candidate because he's so visually interesting with that thing stuck to half his face. Baron Fel is also a strong possibility as his most iconic look has him in a TIE Pilot body. Wedge has been offered in multiple venues - so I don't know how tempting it would be for Hasbro to give us yet another one of him. Rogue Squadron certainly has enough good characters to generate a series of comic 2-packs though. Don't forget Sate Pestage was prominant in the later part of the run. He'd be easily made from the existing Imperial Dignitary sculpt.

The Tales of the Jedi are a personal favorite of mine. However, as making dioramas is my hobby, I'd like far more than might ever see production. The cast and story was truly epic. It could have been the Star Wars we'd seen on screen and SW would be just as popular today. That being said, Ulic and Exar would probably lead off a comic 2-pack set. Nomi, Sylvar, Master Arca, Tott Doneeta, Mandalore - of course many more would serve to do a whole series based on TOTJ. Master Thon might be too big for a Comic 2-pack however.

Heir to the Empire - the comic adaptation, is getting Mara and Luke. Mara is a re-pack with little or no improvement I imagine. To be accurate, Luke would be a kit bash of the X-wing legs and Dagobah top. I made one years ago. Or he will be inaccurate. But this set is nothing too special. The Noghri would be the most awesome they could do for this. If made, Capt (Admiral) Palleon should be a new sculpt. He was short for an officer of the line (but Ozzel's body might suffice). But yeah, I'd like to see Karrde and Palleon, as well as a host of others including Rukh and C'Boath.

The Solo kids were never really prominently featured in any comic, unfortunately - certainly not close to their popular NJO age when they were finally Jedi Knights. I want these figures badly, but we might have to wait.

pbarnard
03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
You did say, like to see, not what Hasbro is likely to do after the current run; if that was the case, a blank post isn't that interesting.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik, though I've not read the comics from that period to know if they both actually appeared in the comics. I just really enjoyed the X-Wing series of books, except for maybe the last one.

Something from the Tales of the Jedi era would be good as well.

DarkArtist
03-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Wes Jansen & Tycho in Academy Dress
Baron Fel & Wedge Antilles
Luke Skywalker & Mara Jade
Luke Skywalker & Luminya
Princess Leia (ANH Infinities) & Darth Vader
Dark Empire II Executor Sedriss & Kam Solusar
Ulic Qel Droma & Exar Kun
Nomi Sunrider & Cay Qel Droma
Master Thron & Master Ooud
Shadows of the Empire Evolutions Luke Skywalker & Guri
Twin Engines of Destruction Boba Fett & Jodo Kast
Marvel Fenn Shysha & Princess Leia
Phase II DarkTrooper & General Mohc
Lord Jerec & Sariss
Gorc & Pic & Maw
Kyle Katarn & Jan Ors
Yun & Boc the Crude

Jargo
03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Tag and Bink.

Tycho
03-21-2007, 07:00 PM
SOTE Guri is an awesome choice!

From SOTE, what about Jix, Leebo, Big Gizz, and Spiker. (Yes I know about that one Swoop Gang member's name - but that was what it was and hopefully the autocensor left it alone, haha)

Tag and Bink would be cute actually! I'd buy them.

2-1B
03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Two of those monstrous gophers that Leia had to fight...I don't remember what the name of the comic was but the cover had these gigantic gophers or rodents of a similar species. I think it was put out by Dark Horse?

They should do a Beast set of that thing.

pbarnard
03-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik, though I've not read the comics from that period to know if they both actually appeared in the comics. I just really enjoyed the X-Wing series of books, except for maybe the last one.

Something from the Tales of the Jedi era would be good as well.

Corran and Iella both appeared, but I don't think Mirax ever did.

Edit: Change that, Mirax never appeared in an X-Wing comic but did appear in Union.

Banthaholic
03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Anything from Tales of the Jedi. One of thee dest series DH has made

I'm love to see Joruus C'Boath from any of the comic adaptations of Zahns epic trilogy.

Battle Droid
03-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Visionaries - Bacta Tank General Grievous & San Hill w/ Nexu cub.

Jedi Quest - Colicoid 2 Pack of Anf Dec & Nor Fik

jlw
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
A SOTE Guri is a must, if Hasbro is taking requests. They at one time said that Guri was in the line-up but never made it to production. I would like to see here in a 2 pack with Wrenga Jixton!

stillakid
04-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote

Mad Slanted Powers
04-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Road Runner and Wile E. CoyoteThat could be a good idea for a Star Wars cartoon. Boba Fett trying to catch Jar Jar, and everything backfires on Boba.

jedi master sal
04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Jaxxon!

(Oh and I really liked the idea of Tag and Bink, heh heh)

figrin bran
04-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Here's pics of 3 of the new comic packshttp://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/JPPrime/comicpacks1.jpg

i'll take all 3 of them plus an extra A'Sharad/Dark Woman for custom fodder

El Chuxter
04-26-2007, 01:06 AM
Jedi Leia vs Vader? Which comic is that from? Or is that supposed to be Bultar Swan?

Mara and Luke look awesome, though I hope they mixed up their lightsabers. (Actually, didn't Mara have a red one still at that point?)

Surprised to see A'Sharad has a removeable mask. That's sort of unnecessary, as he only revealed his face at the end of the Clone Wars. Hopefully the mask doesn't leave too much neck exposed. I'm a bit disappointed that he has the actual Tusken wrappings, since he had the more "urban" looking coverings by the time he met the Dark Woman. Oh well--inaccurate for this comic, but I'm not about to complain. He looks sweet.

Very nice, overall.

Tycho
04-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Holy smokes! Those are great figures! I never would have thought we'd get all-new sculpts for each of those.

Leia can so easily by her own daughter, Jaina Solo - just give her the red lightsaber. I'm stoked on that set when previously I wouldn't have bought it.

A'Sharad has a removeable Tusken-wrap mask? Who'd have thought? I totally didn't see that coming! I'm getting a small handful of these 2-packs. Probably 3-4 of them.

Luke is awesome! And Mara is a completely new sculpt. Who'd have ever thought? (They gave them both exactly the opposite lightsabers in the pic, btw - Luke had his green blade by this time, 5 years after ROTJ) But how come this EU headsculpt of Skywalker is better than any they're doing for the TAC line? I don't care - I didn't want a Yavin or Tatooine Luke (might buy a Jedi one or two though) but I'm just asking...

Anyway, this stuff is better than the TAC!

CHUXTER: Leia is from "Infinities" - the what-if series that doesn't really count. I think you're right about Mara having a red saber at this point in the story. You're also right about A'Sharad's headwrappings as he adopted "less Tusken" looking ones when he relocated to Coruscant.

figrin bran
04-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Tycho, it's hard to tell from that pic since it's so grainy but that Luke head might be the same one as TAC Jedi Luke.

I've totally forgotten but is Sharad Hett's outfit any bit like A'sharad's? I just want to know if it would be viable to get an extra to customize into Papa Hett.

here's a pic of Mara w/out the head coverings:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/JPPrime/maraluke1.jpg

Tycho
04-26-2007, 02:22 AM
I couldn't get the link to load. Could you save it and upload it here?

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked now - a few hours later. Those figures are awesome!!!

They're so right on. I customized that Luke, age 28, a long time ago, from an X-wing and Dagobah Luke, but this is too nice to pass on. I'm going to break my rules about replacing figures for this one. And Mara is perfect - such a far cry from the 1998 figure I can't believe it!

I'm going to be so all over the EU instead of the TAC. What a change!

jedi master sal
04-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Wow, I am so all over this wave. I'll get one of each...hmm, now that I think about it, I may get two. There's a lot of customization possibilities there.

Tycho, the moment the pic opened up for me, I immediately though "Jaina Solo." With a little work on Hett, he could be turned into a Jacen Solo.
These are all obscure figures to be sure (for the masses), but I'm happy to get them. Adds more depth to the characters and storyline. And it's just something different enough. If Hasbro would have never come out with this wave, I'd have been okay with it, but now that they are, I'm stoked for it.

-Sal

Jargo
04-26-2007, 11:19 AM
ooooh I like those. well maybe not the Leia vs Vader one but the other two.

*adds to want list*

DarkArtist
04-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Jedi Leia vs Vader? Which comic is that from? Or is that supposed to be Bultar Swan?

Mara and Luke look awesome, though I hope they mixed up their lightsabers. (Actually, didn't Mara have a red one still at that point?)

Surprised to see A'Sharad has a removeable mask. That's sort of unnecessary, as he only revealed his face at the end of the Clone Wars. Hopefully the mask doesn't leave too much neck exposed. I'm a bit disappointed that he has the actual Tusken wrappings, since he had the more "urban" looking coverings by the time he met the Dark Woman. Oh well--inaccurate for this comic, but I'm not about to complain. He looks sweet.

Very nice, overall.

Nope that's Leia from Star Wars Infinities TESB, the only problem is that in the comic her lightsaber blade is purple not blue.

as far as Mara's blade, I thought she lost the red lightsaber and it was replaced by ANakin's Lightsaber given to her by Luke.

Can't wait to get these packs. I am reallu surprised that Habro pulled out all the stops and are giving us some new sculpted figures. I really expected to see a repacked EU/POTF Mara.

El Chuxter
04-26-2007, 05:11 PM
as far as Mara's blade, I thought she lost the red lightsaber and it was replaced by ANakin's Lightsaber given to her by Luke.

Not until the end of Heir to the Empire.

Jargo
04-26-2007, 07:20 PM
The sabers on those figures look very weak and bendy. they look like removable blades to me. similar to what the first AOTC saga figures had.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2007, 09:31 PM
These look like nice figures, but I find it odd that they're doing stuff from Infinities . . . I mean, they only just started really getting into EU stuff, and they're already doing stuff that's not even canon? At least they look pretty cool.

I like the other ones a lot, though.