PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Queensryche tribute to Anakin & Padme

Tycho
03-22-2007, 12:56 AM
This is my favorite band and most of the video edit choices are rather good, so enjoy:

Empire "all over again." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giT2pze8D1A)

2-1B
03-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Very cool, Geoff Tate should do movie soundtracks.

Someone should do a video for Another Rainy Night starring Kamino.

Or Empire starring....the Empire. lol

Tycho
03-22-2007, 10:14 AM
During the "Promised Land" tour, I recall Queensryche got permission to use a ton of footage from Star Trek: The Next Generation to accompany their live performance of "One More Time Around," and I think there was some Wrath of Khan / Undiscovered Country stuff in there as well.

Great sci-fi / fantasy stuff is never lost on them. It was cool to see and their music is quite appropriate - often for the Rancor Pit here too of course. Man, you should've seen what they did on the Mindcrime II tour that I can't post about in this thread. :rolleyes: (that's alright, you can look up their videos even from that live show on YouTube).

But I watch "Star Wars Lucidity" a few times in a row and it brings a tear to my eye. It's the perfect song for those scenes that the video editor chose from Star Wars.

jedibear
04-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on that Tycho...

I hadn't heard that song in awhile...and the clips were masterfully edited with it...quite lovely actually. (I especially liked the Hayden-ghost touch at the end...all of the sudden that really worked!)

It'd be cool to get a HD version of that video shown at CIV...

2-1B
09-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Or Empire starring....the Empire. lol

hey look Tycho, someone did !!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8anAtVGSEog

I love the part where they focus on Lando during the lyrics "black man, back again, holds these chains in his hands" and it's Chewie throttling him. :D

And then the "brother will kill brother for the profit of another" playing over a shot of Han and Lando.

Man, Queensryche songs really do make Star Wars better. :thumbsup:

Tycho
09-23-2007, 11:49 PM
That was awesome Caesar! Thanks. Gets me in the mood to watch ESB again. It's been forever since I've sat down to enjoy the SW movies.