PDA

View Full Version : Medicom RAH Jango!

JON9000
03-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Aw, man, this is gonna be sweet. I am definitely not missing out on this one!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/RAH_Jango_Fett_Gallery_104470.asp

Darth Cruel
03-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Yes...BIG sweetness. I will be getting him as well. Even though I am not doing all of the medicom figures, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and Shadow Stormtrooper are musts.

jonthejedi
04-06-2007, 04:03 AM
I didn't see my newsletter mail till this am, but was lucky enough to still nab one. Wow...sweeeeettttt beyond words. I may pose this one with the helmet off since the Tem. Morrison sculpt is so nice. A great partner next to my RAH Boba!

Darth Cruel
04-06-2007, 06:13 AM
I am glad I saw the SSG email about your post, jtj, otherwise I may have missed out completely. And THAT would have sucked! So THANKS for posting your buy!

BountyHunterScum
04-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I preordered mine, I missed Boba but then again Jango is better than Boba.

BountyHunterScum
12-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Boba is on second chance if anyone wants him. BBTS has him for a little cheaper.

jonthejedi
12-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Sideshow is killing my credit line again this 4th quarter with RAH Jango being wedged in between Bespin Luke, Leia & then old Obi at the end of Dec. I almost wish he'd been delayed again by a few weeks.

BountyHunterScum
12-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Sideshow is killing my credit line again this 4th quarter with RAH Jango being wedged in between Bespin Luke, Leia & then old Obi at the end of Dec. I almost wish he'd been delayed again by a few weeks.

Thats why I have only Jango coming soon and the other expensive stuff comes out in Spring of 08. I don't want to overwhelm things.

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Jango is on the way.

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Jango is on the way.

How much is this setting you guys back?

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
How much is this setting you guys back?

I bought it at sideshow, the total price including shipping is $160.95.

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I bought it at sideshow, the total price including shipping is $160.95.

Geeze, that's a lot of dough dude. Good thing I never got into them. Still nice to look at though.

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Geeze, that's a lot of dough dude. Good thing I never got into them. Still nice to look at though.

I only have two other RAH figures, one is Jedi Luke and the other is Rocketeer 2.0. I'm mega picky with expensive stuff, I'd be dumb not to be. I'm into Jango Fett and I thought I missed my chance with Boba. I can still get Boba but I like Jango better. It does have to do with the fact I played Star Wars Bounty Hunter and enjoyed the hell out of that game. In the game Jango was cast in a less bad guyish manner. One of the missions involved trying to assassinate a corrupt senator on Coruscant, I took on the cops in that game even brought down one of their police ships. Most of the enemies in the game were various degrees of scumbag. One of the biggest scumbags was Montross a traitorous ex-mandalorna warrior, he still had the armor too. He was voiced by Clancy Brown who played Kurgan in Highlander and Sgt Zim in Starship Troopers.

jonthejedi
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes the RAH line is pricey(then again, add up all the repacked, redecoed stuff Hasbro is peddling at TRU, Target & WalMart)...but the quality is all there. These are imported from Japan, and only 1,000 are coming to the states from what I understand.

DarthBrandon
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I only have two other RAH figures, one is Jedi Luke and the other is Rocketeer 2.0. I'm mega picky with expensive stuff, I'd be dumb not to be. I'm into Jango Fett and I thought I missed my chance with Boba. I can still get Boba but I like Jango better. It does have to do with the fact I played Star Wars Bounty Hunter and enjoyed the hell out of that game. In the game Jango was cast in a less bad guyish manner. One of the missions involved trying to assassinate a corrupt senator on Coruscant, I took on the cops in that game even brought down one of their police ships. Most of the enemies in the game were various degrees of scumbag. One of the biggest scumbags was Montross a traitorous ex-mandalorna warrior, he still had the armor too. He was voiced by Clancy Brown who played Kurgan in Highlander and Sgt Zim in Starship Troopers.

Well, when you get him, take some pics so you can share with others the quality of this figure.

BountyHunterScum
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM
If it's warm enough outside tomorrow.

BountyHunterScum
12-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Fedex boy is being a lazy arsehole, they showed up yesterday but I was taking a dump now today the jerkoff takes his sweet time and still haven't shown up.

Luuuuuuke
12-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I ordered the RAH 501st clone. They're pricey, but I'm picky about these too. Only got the Shadow Trooper, which I like a lot. But if I had to do it again, I probably would have passed on it.

sergiurusu
12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
RAH Jango Fett review at mwctoys (http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122407a.htm)

I have ROTJ Vader, Stormie, BHS and Sandtrooper and they rock. They might be expensive, and maybe smaller than SS figures but the quality is awesome!

jedibear
12-24-2007, 04:24 PM
These RAH figures do look nice...but $150+ is just too much.

I will admit, I think the only character that will make me bite the bullet and get a RAH version is Commander Cody....til then I'll keep enjoying that fine bust of him from GG I acquired this summer...

I'm one of those suckers who'll wait to see if Sideshow ever gets around to doing these armored characters, although by the time they do, their price for them may be scraping that high mark too...I just hope when and if they do, they look at least as good as this and feature more relevant accessories.

Still, congrats to those who took the plunge with this guy...he looks good.

JediTricks
12-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Based on those pics, I wouldn't get this thing, the armor doesn't look quite right, like they took the materials and made it out of them instead of scaling them down, so the material doesn't have the detailing it should. Also, that jetpack is too high and too big, and the helmet doesn't look quite right on his head. It all looks decent, at $50 it'd be good enough, but at $150 - no way.

Darth Cruel
12-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I will admit, I think the only character that will make me bite the bullet and get a RAH version is Commander Cody....til then I'll keep enjoying that fine bust of him from GG I acquired this summer...

I never even thought of Commander Cody from Medicom. Hell yes I would be all over that one. I am particularly OK with the smaller Medicoms when it is PT clones they are representing as Jango Fett was very short in the movie. And thus...so were his clones.

I really like the Jango figure. But I have 3 Medicoms...Boba Fett, The Shadow Stormtrooper, and Jango...and I see absolutely ZERO disparity in the workmanship of these figures vs Sideshow. I don't even see that the mannequins are better than the Sideshow Buck one. Different, but what the Medicom mannequin has over the Buck in articulation does not overcome thye fact that the articulation works more smoothly on the Sideshow Buck one. The figures are as awesome as Sideshow's (albiet smaller scale), but NOT better. And therefor...grotesquely overpriced.

I intend to do a complete set of the Medicoms anyway.

BountyHunterScum
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
You will need black touchup paint for the very extreme edge of the back of his head, the paint slightly rubs off when you put the helmet on. If only I knew where to get a light blue hood for his head.

jonthejedi
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I opened mine yesterday. Yes, it would have been nice if Jango had come with his flight cap. Unlike RAH Boba, at least his helmet is removable.

BountyHunterScum
01-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I opened mine yesterday. Yes, it would have been nice if Jango had come with his flight cap. Unlike RAH Boba, at least his helmet is removable.

At some point I will get some arcylic matte black paint for the back of his head and some kind of cap to go on his head under the helmet.