PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of Chicago here? (the band, not the NFL Team, NBA Team, MLB Teams, etc)

Tycho
03-23-2007, 09:09 PM
I like a lot of Chicago's songs. While I'm known to be a mostly heavy metal kind of guy, Chicago had some great hits and Peter Cetera's voice was phenomenal.

I Remember The Feeling
Stay The Night
Hard To Say I'm Sorry
Then Along Comes A Woman
Prima Donna
Hard Habit To Break
Love Me Tomorrow

I think I enjoyed all these songs a lot more before I became a cynical misogynist. But it's a good insight into "Tycho: The Early Years."

Then I grew smarter than Tom Leykis.

Hey, what was that song Chicago did for The Karate Kid? That was quite good as well.

bobafrett
03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I've ac tually been a fan of Chicago's for quite some time, one of my favorite songs is "Old Days". (I belive that's the title).

El Chuxter
03-23-2007, 11:20 PM
They're not my all-time favorite but, yeah, I digs 'em. I prefer the older stuff before Peter's time as lead vocalist, like "25 Or 6 To 4" and "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is," but it's all good.

BTW, the song from Karate Kid II is actually a Peter Cetera solo number, and it's called "Glory of Love." That's one of my all-time favorites. Cheesy as hell, but a great song. It's on the album Solitude/Solitaire (still in print last I checked), which also has the duet he did with Amy Grant ("Next Time I Fall").

Tycho
03-24-2007, 12:46 AM
"Glory of Love" and "Next Time I Fall" are both great songs.

Geeze it does take me back...

2-1B
03-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Peter Cetera is the balls. And that scene in KK2 when Daniel-san and Kumiko explore the Bonn Castle during "GoL" is classic. :cool:

jjreason
03-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Just imagining hearing these songs again is making me throw up in my mouth. :upset: What's next, an Air Supply appreciation thread???? :D

2-1B
03-25-2007, 08:51 PM
JWhat's next, an Air Supply appreciation thread???? :D

GREAT idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-27-2007, 11:44 PM
I've ac tually been a fan of Chicago's for quite some time, one of my favorite songs is "Old Days". (I belive that's the title).Yes, I like that song a lot.

They're not my all-time favorite but, yeah, I digs 'em. I prefer the older stuff before Peter's time as lead vocalist, like "25 Or 6 To 4" and "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is," but it's all good.I like the older stuff as well. I got The Very Best of Chicago: Only The Beginning a few months ago. Disc 1 plus "Old Days" and a couple others from Disc 2 are about all that interest me. Reading the liner notes, I discovered that many of those early hits were re-edited from the album versions as they were often part of larger song suites. I'd be interested in hearing some of those early albums in their entirety someday.

And by the way, Peter Cetera did sing lead vocals on "25 or 6 to 4" according to the liner notes.