PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Classics Busts

mm74md
03-24-2007, 08:28 AM
What do y'all think of these buggers? They look cheesy like the MOTU busts that I can still find at Suncoast stores

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=14&p2_articleid=693

2-1B
03-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I can't get into the armless ones.

ds6161
03-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Ill add $15 & get a real GG bust..

2-1B
03-25-2007, 10:36 AM
$7.50 per arm ? I guess that's not the worst...

Jayspawn
03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Let me get this straight, GG makes another line of minibusts they just expect us to collect. This way they can re-make characters they've already done and we'll just buy them anyways, right? WRONG! They look like crap! No way I'm paying less for armless busts. Not happening!

Hellboy
06-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah these pretty much suck. No arms = No purchase for me. Waste of resources too if you ask me. Sure would be nice to get some of these characters in Mini-Bust form first.

Jayspawn
06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
GG had Hammerhead, Theed Palace Amidala, and I Snowtrooper (I think) on display at CIV. They really did look great, especially Hammerhead -but I'm still against these. The time and resources should be putting these into minibusts.

bigbarada
08-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Are these the same size as the regular mini-busts? They look a little smaller.

Jayspawn
08-04-2007, 09:03 PM
They're a little bit smaller than the minibusts.

bigbarada
08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks, they looked a little smaller.

They're alright, I could see buying these for the helmeted figures; but, if they're going to go armless, I wish there was more of an emphasis on the head and not so much of the torso.

JediCole
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I am riding the fence on the Momaw Nadon Classics Bust. I was hopeful we would see him as a mini bust. This is good in a sense, but I really wanted something better. At least we are getting Admiral Ackbar (another personal favorite) as a mini bust.

I don't collect the entire lline, just the characters and sculpts I like best. I have all of the Episode V bounty hunters to date (and will have them all when they are released), Jango Fett (the chromed one), Han Solo, Tarkin, Darth Maul, and Mara Jade so far. Dengar, 4-LOM, Ackbar, and possibly the Jawas are in the future.

jedi master sal
08-10-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm not getting this line. It's just a waste of money at this point were I to collect it. Same characters at a differrent scale. MEH. That's alos one of the same reasons I've chosen not the get Sideshow's 12" figures. They are arguably better than these mini bust, but I'm just not into collecting either line to get the same characters all over again. Sure each might offer characters never previous done as busts or 12" figs. However I know myself enough that if I get just one Minibust, I'm going to want them all. I did cave to buying one of SSC's figs, but that's a rare exception indeed.

To be quite honest with the fiasco of the 5 Clone Commander mini-busts, it's left quite a bad taste in my mouth and I wouldn't mind if GG just scratches that line. Yes there are more characters to be done at that scale, but I'm tired of chasing down the busts and/or paying exhorbitant prices for them. They are a product I want, so it's not like I'm collecting stuff just to get it. But the chase and $'s spent is getting ridiculous. Another line just kills the desire for me.

Absolutely NO to the resized bust line.

Jayspawn
08-12-2007, 10:15 AM
You said it Sal. GG is really out of control IMO. The product is top notch but they way they handle exclsuives/specials is ridiculous.

sergiurusu
08-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Here is a comparison pic with size