PDA

View Full Version : STANSE song demo online

mabudonicus
03-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Okay, I heard that a demo of MOMC is on limewire, it's there for all

The band might make other hosting arrangements, but for now limewire is the only avenue (anyone who has any other links for/to it, feel free to post them here ;))

For the benefit of those who can't make out the lyrics, I have been authorized to make a transcript of them

Mint on Mint Card (MOMC)

I remember when we met, it was overseas
We were still in our packages and had
All our accessories
But at retail, you walked out
Went home with a loose collector,
I ended up in a clearance bin ,
But I believe I made out better

Cos you're C4, no guns no cape,
someone played with you too hard,
while I'm all smug and sealed, that's because I'm still
Mint on mint card (x 4)

I saw you smile as you left the store,
I think you were mistaken,
Didn't know that when you got home,
You were getting OPENED
When I finally got picked up,
Fro a dlooar twenty seven,
He tok me home and boxed me up,
Put me in starcase heaven,

Now you're lyin in the dirt,
forgotten in some back yard
While I'm still in my bubble,
That's because I am still

Mint on mint card (x4)

Mighta led a sheltered life,
but I don't let it bug me,
Losin my stuff nad gettin scufed-
Sound kinda crappy,
I'm satisfied with my carded life,
I bet that don't surprise you,
While all the others fade away,
I'm still here lookin brand new,

I'll say this and I mean it,
If you're opened, you're gonna get marred,
That ain't gonna happen to me
Because I am forever
Mint on mint card (x4)

Happy hunting, I know the band is excited about this, which marks the PROPER beginning of their odyssey
:beard:Isobaws&

jjreason
03-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Luckily I was asked to take part in the distribution of this first single (temporary assistant to the interim marketing guy). Talk about rockin', people were going ape**** when the file finally became available. :mabs:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I was able to hear a preview of this last night, and MAN, does it rock! When STANSE is able to add "real" drums and bass it'll be even better. Whoever wrote the lyrics has a true gift from the rock gods.

El Chuxter
03-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Call me stupid, but how does this Limewire work?

Tycho
03-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Will Stanse have a video on YouTube? I'm digging the lyrics!

But my dream will be when they do a song for figures in dioramas!

2-1B
03-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Starcase Heaven, ha ! lol

I wonder if the band will ever do their own version of Stairway/Starcase to Heaven ?

Tycho
03-25-2007, 01:13 PM
"Diorama It!" Similar to Def Leppard's "Armageddon It." :thumbsup:

Oh Yeah! That'd be perfect for Stanse.

Oh: and "Sniff It up!" similar to Kiss' "Lick It Up." An ode to Darth Mouse and the fresh scent of new plastic in the morning ;)

CaptainSolo1138
03-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Call me stupid, but how does this Limewire work?By downloading the software (for free) and searching for STANSE. But its illegal, Chux, so I'm sure you'd never take part in something like that.

Badass song, mabs! I can't wait to go home and so some illegal searching!

mabudonicus
03-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the fine comments, and an apology for the initial difficulties- it will be available for direct download sometime today :beard:Isobaws&

CaptainSolo1138
03-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm a bit confused: Who is to record "Big Yellow Lanny"?

Tycho
03-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Shouldn't this be in the music group forum?

We've been talking about the big hair bands. Stanse is one of the first big helmet bands!

mabudonicus
03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Big Yellow Lanny?? Gee, I dunno, I hadn't heard of that one..... ;)

And this could go almost anywheres, they have the garb, the vinyl capes, the rock-and-roll lifestyle AND they're highly collectible, which is why I just did the calsulations and it ended up in here- STILL workin on my FTP skillz- by sundown you will all be able to partake of this (tho the delay is building the hype to an almost un-fulfillable level dammit, not my intent at all)

mabudonicus
03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Double post so sue me... BEHOLD (http://www.archive.org/details/mabudonMOMC) The STANSE

Lots of different options so pretty mcuh anyone can enjoy it now matter what your PC power level- please enjoy (and the lyrics are in the first post, they're not SUPER easy to make out but once you know 'em it'll be easy to "get")

Tycho
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Great song! I submitted a review as SSGsTycho ("Tycho" was already taken on that music board site - but I bet that guy doesn't have as many Mouse Droids as me! :mad: )

Anyway, I suggested the boys turn up the vocal mics in their helmets a little the next time they record, but it does have that "underwater Kamino style feel" to it this way.

Anyway, are there plans for a music video to go along with it?

Dude: Imagine Stanse rocking a full house of Mouse Droids!

mabudonicus
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Ahhh- the band is well aware of the vocal problems but they REFUSE to play without the helmets- maybe a better isolation booth would help them (seriously, I'm still getting the hang of getting music on my PC- it has to be SUPER quiet on the output or there's lots of clipping, so getting the mix right takes a bit of luck)

Thanks for the review Tycho- there WILL be video eventually, but the band has studio time booked and needsto keep recording while it's still paid for..

(And in case anyone was wondering, everything on the tune is me except the drums which are a pedal- I'm gettin a kit this week so it'll be WAY better- thanks for the input too, any and all criticism is useful)

Tycho
03-26-2007, 01:48 PM
mabudonicus, you were CLONED? I thought you resembled Mabudon a lot. He was the first in your line, the Alpha, huh?