PDA

View Full Version : Celebration V returning to Indy in 2009?

2-1B
03-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I heard they are going to do another one to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of The Phantom Menace.

Jayspawn
03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Thats cool if they do it. I'll go. :p

pbarnard
03-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Indy is closer for me, but it always comes down to timing. Usually it is around my final exams, but I won't have any next year as it will be time for my comprehensives.

Battle Droid
03-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I'll go, it's close enough for me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
To celebrate TPM, eh? Hmmmmm, I guess that means the new Celebration will be built up to be a huge rockin' good time, just as good as the ones that preceeded it and then some fanboys will feel it's a huge letdown and complain about it for years to come until the next celebration, eh? :lipsrsealed:

2-1B
03-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, for 3 years til 2012. :D

Tycho
05-25-2007, 03:28 AM
It's funny how I want to go to Indy for another Celebration Con, but won't drive 2 hours up to Los Angeles.

It's the whole "out of town" adventure aspect of it I guess. But actually, it won't bode well for me to go to Indiana again, so far away from my hospital unless I have had a kidney transplant and am done with it all by then.

Then if I was in fact done with it, a Hawaiian or Caribbean vacation, or even that Alaskan cruise or Canadian tour I want to take are all more appealing unless by then the Star Wars TV show is a rocking great time.

decadentdave
05-25-2007, 04:16 AM
I heard they are going to do another one to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of The Phantom Menace.

That's not even worth celebrating.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-26-2007, 01:51 AM
That's not even worth celebrating.

Oh, but it is. Tis demanded by da Gods it is!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-26-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Caes. At Celebration IV yesterday, I saw a sign that said the line for Celebration V starts "here." It had an arrow pointing there and everything. And if you can't trust a handwritten piece of paper taped to a post, what can you trust? :D

p.s. There really was such a paper. I done seen it wit my own eyes...

Dar' Argol
05-28-2007, 10:39 PM
If C:V was back in Indy I would sooooooo be there!! I had a blast at C3 and would definitly make the trip again! EXPECIALLY if Tycho was there *redneck twang* cuz we had such a good time! *redneck twang* :lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
05-28-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Caes. At Celebration IV yesterday, I saw a sign that said the line for Celebration V starts "here." It had an arrow pointing there and everything. And if you can't trust a handwritten piece of paper taped to a post, what can you trust? :D

i saw the very same piece of paper Friday morning. it exists indeed! :p

Tycho
05-29-2007, 12:50 AM
If C:V was back in Indy I would sooooooo be there!! I had a blast at C3 and would definitly make the trip again! EXPECIALLY if Tycho was there *redneck twang* cuz we had such a good time! *redneck twang* :lipsrsealed:

What the heck is a redneck twang?

By the way, if you've kept with the quitting of your smoking, you'd be that much less alergic to me to hang around with ;)

jonthejedi
05-29-2007, 04:45 AM
I'm just curious how attendance was with CIV, being so many people didn't go because it was so far for them. I'm back at Indy in a heartbeat. Hell, why don't they consider Florida some year & tie in with SW Weekends.

Tycho
05-29-2007, 05:01 AM
What about considering the actual Star Wars movie environments?

We had a Dagobah Convention at C1 in Denver. It rained through most of the whole thing which was designed to have a lot of attractions outdoors in Colorado's famous 360 days of sunshine. :rolleyes:

I propose:

The Hoth Convention in Alaska.

The Tatooine Convention in Tucson, Arizona. (I'd have said Death Valley, but CA has already had a convention now.)

The Otah Gunga Convention in New Orleans.

The Geonosis Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The Mustafar Convention on the big island of Hawaii.

The Coruscant Convention in Manhattan, New York.

The Bespin Convention in "the Windy City," Chicago.

The Kamino Convention in Miami, Florida.

The Endor Convention in Portland, Oregon or Seattle.

It's 2am right now. The things I'll think of....

Dar' Argol
05-29-2007, 06:45 AM
What the heck is a redneck twang?

By the way, if you've kept with the quitting of your smoking, you'd be that much less alergic to me to hang around with ;)

Think Deliverance . . . . he he he . . .

And by the way, I have kept with my quiting of the smoking. As of yesterday its been 1 WHOLE YEAR!!! woot!

I'm sure with a Indy address that JP would be inclined to join us as well . . .

Tycho
05-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Deliverance? The only thing that came to mind was the Queensryche song from The Warning and I know that's not what you mean. So the joke is still going over my head, Dar Argol.

But congrats on saving your lungs, your wife, your kid, and probably a lot of pocket money!

JEDIpartner
05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Now they are just making lame reasons for a Celebration. :rolleyes: Just say that they are doing this every two years and be done with it. LOL

I'm sure with a Indy address that JP would be inclined to join us as well . . .

Yeah... I'm pretty certain that I'd go if that were the case.

I'd probably have Bruce fly into Cleveland and we'd drive to Columbus and meet up with you there and the three of us could drive there together!!!

OC47150
05-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Since I live in Indiana and am only 2 hours away from Indy, I'd be happy to see it!!

I know once the Colts' new stadium is done, the convention center will be expanded. I've been told its size has hurt convention business.

General_Grievous
05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I may go this time around. It'd be my first "Celebration". But would it have killed them to put it in New York this time around?

BTW, I've been meaning to ask this. Has anyone been to all four Celebrations? If so, which was the best one?

Dar' Argol
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Deliverance? The only thing that came to mind was the Queensryche song from The Warning and I know that's not what you mean. So the joke is still going over my head, Dar Argol.

But congrats on saving your lungs, your wife, your kid, and probably a lot of pocket money!

You sure do have a purdy mouth . . . .

Come on man, do I have to land it for you!?!?!

Deliverance (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/)

Man, sometimes the joke is not as good when you have to spell it out with ABC Soup . . .

Oh, and thanx for the support! Haven't really seen any "extra" money, but now we would be able to hang longer!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Yeah... I'm pretty certain that I'd go if that were the case.

I'd probably have Bruce fly into Cleveland and we'd drive to Columbus and meet up with you there and the three of us could drive there together!!!

WOOT!!! That would be awesome . . . be good to see Bruce again! I really hope there is something in the works for this . . . I'm getting excited just thinking about it . . . . hmmmm . . . 2 years to get my costume ready . . . yeah, it can be done . . .

figrin bran
05-30-2007, 01:10 AM
i guess i'm the only one but Please come back to Los Angeles!!!!!

Tycho
05-30-2007, 06:11 AM
i guess i'm the only one but Please come back to Los Angeles!!!!!

So you had a good time at C4 I take it?

figrin bran
05-31-2007, 12:58 AM
So you had a good time at C4 I take it?

more like had a good time but regret not being able to spend the full 5 days there. next time, i'll devote one day to getting all the exclusives i want and then the next few days taking in the exhibits and sights and autograph signings.

calidrifter
06-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm with figrin bran I only went on Sat and Sunday and was seriously considering monday but decided against it at the last minute (still kicking myself for that one).

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no Celebration V plans set yet, and looking at the turnout at the LA Convention Center, I'm thinking they're probably going to want to double up like they did with CII and CIII in Indy.

i saw the very same piece of paper Friday morning. it exists indeed! :pSaturday morning is when I took this photo, not my finest camera work:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23873&cat=5351

I'm just curious how attendance was with CIV, being so many people didn't go because it was so far for them. I'm back at Indy in a heartbeat. Hell, why don't they consider Florida some year & tie in with SW Weekends.Well, Friday was very busy, Saturday and Sunday were packed. As I said in my recap article:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=886
...Los Angeles Convention Center - the 867,000 square feet of space across 2 large buildings connected by a massive concourse, all of it dedicated to Star Wars for the next 5 days. The LACC is almost twice the square footage of the Indiana Convention Center where CIII was held, and unlike that venue all of the LACC is dedicated to this SW Celebration.
The West Hall's max capacity is 17,000 people; South Hall's is 16,555 not including the Celebration Stage which wasn't part of daily operations; Concourse Hall is another 3,035; Petree Hall's 2,175 max; there's probably another 6,000 people in the meeting halls (I'm averaging, don't want to add up all them); and that's not counting the West lobby, the massive South Lobby, the various wide corridors or the huge concourse connecting West and South Halls, so I'd say there could have been 50,000 people there on Saturday and Sunday, 40,000 people on Friday.

I may go this time around. It'd be my first "Celebration". But would it have killed them to put it in New York this time around?You should definitely go to one. But NY would suck for a convention this size, it's so cramped and very expensive, would make LA look like Arkansas in this respect.

i guess i'm the only one but Please come back to Los Angeles!!!!!Not the only one, I'm with you too!

more like had a good time but regret not being able to spend the full 5 days there. next time, i'll devote one day to getting all the exclusives i want and then the next few days taking in the exhibits and sights and autograph signings.Monday was almost a waste of time, they shouldn't have even bothered if they were going to phone it in like that, they could have run it to 6pm and got more panels and celebs and events but they let it drift off. Still, the 5 day experience was amazing for me so if you get the chance, risk even the crap days.

Volunteering worked out great for some folks I know, they got some exclusives a day early and got to jump ahead in line and were able to buy Autograph coupons before everybody else so they got the autographs done while all the rest were still in the coupon line.

I'm with figrin bran I only went on Sat and Sunday and was seriously considering monday but decided against it at the last minute (still kicking myself for that one).The best reason to go Monday if you didn't have a multi-day pass was the free figures, they gave away the McQuarrie Droid 2pack with every Monday badge. Monday was ok but too slow, Friday, Sat & Sun were definitely the highlights, so don't kick yourself too hard for missing Mon. Mon was really only good for seeing the exhibits, catching SW in 30 mins (only if you got there early enough though), and getting half-price CIV store merch. A lot of free swag was gone by Monday too.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
In 2002, I think the fan club was based in Seattle, so I was hoping that Celebration II would be there. I think the fan club had been in Denver, and that is where Celebration I had been. So, I was disappointed that it was in Indy for both C-II and C-III. I considered going to L.A., but figured I couldn't afford to. Plus, I just had a business trip the week before. I did go to see the Star Wars Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit when it came to Portland.

Maybe I'll consider going to one in the future. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it though. After spending the time and money to get there, waiting in long lines and fighting crowds doesn't seem like a good way to spend time. Plus if certain programs have limited space, I might not get into the ones I want, or there could be two at the same time. However, it would be interesting to meet some people from SSG, to see some of the actors, and to see all the people in their costumes.

Tycho
06-04-2007, 08:28 PM
However, it would be interesting to meet some people from SSG, to see some of the actors, and to see all the people in their costumes.

That's the best part of these things.

Everyone I can think of treats these like "the ultimate shopping experience." They chase after exclusives and what not.

I totally have more fun meeting fans from all over and enjoying the pannel discussions, that sort of thing.

I don't need to look in "dealer rooms." Before conventions I usually have every currently shipping product - or confidence I will get it without paying scalper prices at a con. Sure there are bargains. I only find them by accident however - like in 2002 or so, at Comic Con, a guy had E1 Destroyer Droids (with the CommTechs) for $3 each. I figured they'd appear throughout the prequels, so I bought like 14 of them or something - which was good as I didn't like the future molds they used for DDs anyway. Thus I had those for my scenes.

But prior to the movie releases, seeing the preview shows with an audience at a celebration - all seeing stuff for the first time - just rocks. It's a great experience. Now with the movies being over, I don't feel the same enthusiasm (for Celebrations - I'm still very much into Star Wars) - but part of that is my declining health, too.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Maybe I'll consider going to one in the future. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it though. After spending the time and money to get there, waiting in long lines and fighting crowds doesn't seem like a good way to spend time. Plus if certain programs have limited space, I might not get into the ones I want, or there could be two at the same time. Here's the thing, if you focus on the stuff you can't do, you'll have a miserable time because there's just no way to do everything, but if you make a solid yet flexible (and reasonable!) plan for each day, you can get a lot of fun in. The only lines that were horrible at CIV were the merchandise lines, morning entry (which can be bypassed with some forethought) and the line for the opening ceremonies, everything else was pretty much fine and even fun to stand in line and talk with interesting fans, look at folks in costume. A lot of the panels were done twice giving a better chance of seeing it. The crowds were great at CIV, either they were moving smoothly or doing a good job of pointing out something interesting I hadn't noticed.

Everyone I can think of treats these like "the ultimate shopping experience." They chase after exclusives and what not.Yeah, that really is a big mistake I saw a lot, it hampers the fun of the convention when it's the primary goal, and if you're going enough days it probably doesn't even matter as you'll eventually get one.

I don't need to look in "dealer rooms." Yes you do! That's where they put all the licensees' booths, Hasbro alone shared aisles with probably half a dozen dealers.

Sure there are bargains. I only find them by accident however - like in 2002 or so, at Comic Con, a guy had E1 Destroyer Droids (with the CommTechs) for $3 each. I figured they'd appear throughout the prequels, so I bought like 14 of them or something - which was good as I didn't like the future molds they used for DDs anyway. Thus I had those for my scenes.Yeah, there are some good accident deals to be found, I got my McQuarrie-signed Action Fleet set for just $10, didn't even know it existed until a couple minutes before I bought it.

But prior to the movie releases, seeing the preview shows with an audience at a celebration - all seeing stuff for the first time - just rocks. It's a great experience. Now with the movies being over, I don't feel the same enthusiasm (for Celebrations - I'm still very much into Star Wars) - but part of that is my declining health, too.I can't speak for your health of course, though there were some folks at the con in wheelchairs so if nothing else... but this audience without having the stigma of "GOTTA SEE THE NEW MOVIE PREVIEW" felt more at ease about stuff, it was more fun to see the smaller stuff like Family Guy preview and Sideshow panel when there wasn't the rush to get every Ep 3 info-morsel. Plus, there was the Clone Wars footage on Sunday, that drew a fair crowd I hear.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Here's the thing, if you focus on the stuff you can't do, you'll have a miserable time because there's just no way to do everything, but if you make a solid yet flexible (and reasonable!) plan for each day, you can get a lot of fun in. I probably would have been confused and overwhelmed and unsure where to go. Reading some of your descriptions of the event, it sounded like there were times where they were a bit disorganized and not sure where to herd everybody.
The only lines that were horrible at CIV were the merchandise lines, morning entry (which can be bypassed with some forethought) and the line for the opening ceremonies, everything else was pretty much fine and even fun to stand in line and talk with interesting fans, look at folks in costume.I wish I was skilled in making a costume. I got my mom to make a Jedi outfit a couple years ago. I got a pattern for the robe from the fabric store, and found a tunic template online. Wasn't sure what materials to use. Finally found something suitable for the robe. Ended up buying bed sheets to cut the tunic out of. I just wore some casual tan pants with the outfit. Didn't turn out perfect, but I think I was 2nd in the office Halloween costume contest that year.

I guess if I didn't have a costume, I could go up to all those dressed as Jedi and say "Greetings, Master Jedi." Then I'd go up to someone in a Darth Vader costume and say "You don't frighten me with your sorcerer's ways Lord Vader."

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I probably would have been confused and overwhelmed and unsure where to go. Reading some of your descriptions of the event, it sounded like there were times where they were a bit disorganized and not sure where to herd everybody.While it's true that the GenCon staff and CIV crew were somewhat disorganized, those were more like a few potholes on an otherwise smooth freeway, even letting 500 people in ahead of my line by accident wasn't a deal-breaker. If you make sure you have about 20 minutes lead time for a moderately-busy program and 45 minutes for a very busy one, you'll do just fine; and for less-busy programs you can usually sneak in after it's started if need be. Don't expect the best spot in the house and you'll nearly always be able to see the show you want. I don't understand why folks spent 2 hours waiting to see something from the front row, big deal, now you're slightly closer than everybody else but the sound system and video aren't any better. In the 2+ hours they sat waiting to see Anthony Daniels from the front row, I had time to watch a couple fan films, see an exhibit, and make a bathroom break - and I *still* got to see the same show they did!

Trust me, I'm not the most positive person, I think you guys know me well enough to agree with that, but Celebration IV was a fantastic experience and I really can't recommend going to one of these enough - make the time to go several days, and if you heed my advice in this thread, no matter how messed up the promoters make it, you'll still have a total blast.

I wish I was skilled in making a costume. I got my mom to make a Jedi outfit a couple years ago. I got a pattern for the robe from the fabric store, and found a tunic template online. Wasn't sure what materials to use. Finally found something suitable for the robe. Ended up buying bed sheets to cut the tunic out of. I just wore some casual tan pants with the outfit. Didn't turn out perfect, but I think I was 2nd in the office Halloween costume contest that year.Sounds like it worked out ok. There were a lot of Jedi at the show who just had the robe and a lightsaber, except for the ones with printed t-shirts, they pulled it off.

I know what you mean though, I don't have skillz for costuming but I sort of wish I did, it looked like a ton of fun.

I guess if I didn't have a costume, I could go up to all those dressed as Jedi and say "Greetings, Master Jedi." Then I'd go up to someone in a Darth Vader costume and say "You don't frighten me with your sorcerer's ways Lord Vader."Yeah, and the strange part is, 9 times out of 10 you'd end up bantering with the Jedi or battling with the Sith - they seem to love that sort of thing.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I wish I had a Vader costume so that I could go to the park and ride and say "Where is that shuttle going?"

Kidhuman
06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I would pee myself if someone dressed like that and asked me that question

figrin bran
06-17-2007, 03:22 AM
According to Starwars.com, CIV broke the attendance records from all previous celebrations with over 35,000 guests.

I think CV in Los Angeles might be a very likely possibility.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I've been to all four of them, and I'm not sure which I liked the best. They all had their "moments," for sure. In terms of waiting in line, CIII sucked hard (eight hours straight from waiting to get in to being done with the store), but I also got to see George Lucas so that was awesome. I agree with JT in that CIV was more "relaxed" but there was still a ton of awesome stuff to do and see. It seemed like at CII and CIII, when it was time for the doors to open, they would still wait a while or take a long time for people to get in, whereas at CIV it was usually pretty quick.

OC47150
06-17-2007, 02:59 PM
A couple of the guy in my club spoke with Mary Franklin about future Celebrations. The tentative plan now is to have one every two years and alternate between the east and the west coasts.

And Figrin, I've been to C 1 - 3 (couldn't make C4 because of work) but I've never heard of an accurate attendance figure from any of the conventions. Regardless of what the officials say, always add at least 5,000 more to the count.

C2 was my personal favorite. :yes:

The Saturday of C3, the state fire marshal prohibited ticket sales because of too many people.

JediTricks
06-19-2007, 01:48 AM
I don't buy that sw.com 35k count, the opening ceremonies had to be capped at 6k and I saw probably 5 times more people than that just on Friday, and Saturday was likely 30% more than that.

Jayspawn
06-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree with you on that JT. I think SW.com under counted.

I'm really hoping C5 will be back in LA.

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 01:04 AM
I agree with you on that JT. I think SW.com under counted.

I'm really hoping C5 will be back in LA.
Absolutely agree! The LA convention center was an awesome setting, it really was like being in a SW environment like Cloud City or something, and it was more room than any previous Celebration.

figrin bran
06-21-2007, 01:11 AM
For purely selfish reasons, i hope CV is back in LA as well. Nothing could beat being able to return home every night and then riding the subway to the convention center each morning. by then it'll probably cost $5 for a day pass but that's still a lot of money saved right there.

scruffziller
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM
What about considering the actual Star Wars movie environments?

We had a Dagobah Convention at C1 in Denver. It rained through most of the whole thing which was designed to have a lot of attractions outdoors in Colorado's famous 360 days of sunshine. :rolleyes:

I propose:

The Hoth Convention in Alaska.

The Tatooine Convention in Tucson, Arizona. (I'd have said Death Valley, but CA has already had a convention now.)

The Otah Gunga Convention in New Orleans.

The Geonosis Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The Mustafar Convention on the big island of Hawaii.

The Coruscant Convention in Manhattan, New York.

The Bespin Convention in "the Windy City," Chicago.

The Kamino Convention in Miami, Florida.

The Endor Convention in Portland, Oregon or Seattle.

It's 2am right now. The things I'll think of....

Well, while in Indianapolis, it was the Nar Shaddaaian Convention. ;)

Tycho
06-24-2007, 04:17 AM
I was impressed with how nice and orderly, and clean Indianapolis was for a big city. I wouldn't compare it to Nar Shadda. It's also more like Bespin's Cloud City - probably moreso than Chicago unless chi-town has cleaned up a bit more since I was last there.

DTMAN
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Well,

First, Tycho's post on movie environments was hilarious! Great idea, but I doubt it will happen.

As to 2009, no rush to return after being to 3 of 4 Celebrations and 10th Anniversary, it should wait until 40th Annivesary.

As to TPM 10th, it doesn't deserve, for me, to be celebrated unless Lucas will do a redo. hey, he did it for the classic trilogy and a couple of things should not have not changed. My guess is the 30th Annversiary of ESB which might interest me.

As to location, it makes sense do one between Indy and LA.
Again, no rush since, which no one has mentioned, it is not cheap esp. with all the exclusives for each Celebration plus all the merchandise.

Also, 5 days was a bit too much esp. the panels on Monday were a bit disappointing except for a couple of panels.

As to which Celebration was better, I agree to others who mentioned, they had their moments, but I would choose C2 since the programming was a bit better and better line up of guests since 3 of them has died.

However, the 10th Anniversary still beats them all for me. CIV sort of reminded of it in certain aspects.
Thank you.

coug27
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I really don't recommend every having one in NY for these reasons:

1- Jacob Javitis is not big enough and they ALWAYS have other events going so you'll never have the whole center for Star Wars.

2- Hotels are way too expensive and that's for a crap flea bag hotel.

3- If you drive to the center parking across the street from the center is $50.

4- Everything is overpriced in the city.

5- A slice of PIZZA is almost $4 a slice.

6- The riff raff around the city makes you feel uneasy and you always have to be on guard.

7- I'm from NY and I wouldn't attend even though I live 20 minutes from the city it would cost almost $20 each day to ride the train in and it not worth it to travel that short of a distance and spend $80 to travel. I can buy alot of stuff for the same money

8- Finally IT IS NOT COST EFFECTIVE FOR THE AVERAGE COLLECTOR.

Tycho
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi Coug and welcome to our boards! :thumbsup:

I really don't recommend every having one in NY for these reasons:

5- A slice of PIZZA is almost $4 a slice.

At the San Diego Comic Con, it's more like $9 a slice, but you get a non-refillable drink.

6- The riff raff around the city makes you feel uneasy and you always have to be on guard.

There are many "guard costumes" to choose from. Do you think the riff raff will mess with you while you're dressed in full "Crimson gear?" ;)

7- I'm from NY and I wouldn't attend even though I live 20 minutes from the city it would cost almost $20 each day to ride the train in and it not worth it to travel that short of a distance and spend $80 to travel. I can buy alot of stuff for the same money

This is a good point. I attended the Denver Con, and both Indianappolis ones, but didn't bother with the Los Angeles one even though I could have driven to it every day if I really had to. I think it's mostly that locals enjoy a more exotic out-of-state-travel experience and the idea of spending a lot to stake out a sleeping space in our own backyard feels kind of silly.

coug27
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
The pizza per slice is at the local pizza shop. At the convention you only get one slice for just under $40 WOW what a deal!!!! I'll take 2 slices. There really isn't a restaurant in the Javitis Center just snack carts

JediTricks
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
At the San Diego Comic Con, it's more like $9 a slice, but you get a non-refillable drink.It was $8 for a mini-pizza last year, no slices available, and it did NOT come with a drink. I shared half of mine with a starving friend who was waiting in a long line for Jenna Jameson's autograph. I mainly bought it because I was intrigued as to what made it worth that and I missed lunch. But that was INSIDE the convention center, outside pizza was a realistic price, said friend also shared a medium pizza with me in the Gaslight for I think $10.

Tycho
07-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Do you remember enough of your experience to post a review of the pizza?

Your quote that sounded something like "I really wanted to experience whatever made it worth that amount," was intriguing :D

JediTricks
07-11-2008, 11:17 PM
It smelled good, taste was fair, crust was not too thick but a little cardboardy. Pretty much an average cheapo street-style pizza, only about double or triple the price.