PDA

View Full Version : thought today was "release day"? the 25th...found nothing!

TheDarthVader
03-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I went to four stores this morning to find 30th anniversary star wars. I went to two Wal Marts, a Target, and K Mart. And NOTHING! There was not any 30th anniversary on the shelf. What gives? I am frustrated. I read all over the internet and heard from a fellow local star wars collector that 30th anniversary would be released today. I just wasted time and gas. Anyone else frustrated?

Battle Droid
03-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I haven't found any either so don't feel bad.:cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Today wasn't a "strict" release date like the ones for the movie figures were (May 3, 1999, April 23, 2002, and April 2, 2005), but was more like the ones that Target has for its various exclusives from time to time. Some people adhere to it, some do not.

DarkArtist
03-25-2007, 02:17 PM
yeah this weekend turned up dry for alot of people. checked two walmarts two TRU and two Targets and found nothing for the TAC. I was really hoping that there would be a big section for them like the Spidey 3 displays. Was even shocked that I went to Milltown Target and saw they had only 3 figures and a vehicle for the Spidey 3 release.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2007, 03:17 PM
I haven't checked today, and probably won't check until Friday or Saturday. I checked yesterday though. Wal-Mart moved their figures to a different spot. The pegs they have are still filled with TSC. The only new stuff I found was the Treachery on Saleucami pack. Both Wal-Mart and Target have spots for the comic packs, but haven't seen any in a while.

Major Karr
03-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I have some clarification on this "release day". The only thing that was a strict date was 03.24.07 for Spiderman 3 and POTC3, per Hasbro. It is even on the boxes. For Target, the date signifies the first day of the week (3.25 - Sunday) for a reset or endcap (04.08 - Sunday - for the Order 66 exclusives). The stores have until the end of that week to set those displays. Depending on the store and the available space, these resets may be done earlier or at the end of the week.
I did see in one Target that they had reset both figure aisles early in the week and the must have filled them with SM3 and POTC3 Friday night. There was of course no TAC, but I had gotten a few there two weeks ago.
I have seen in some stores the little sign saying "We cannot search the backroom blah,blah blah", so I guess it depends on the manager.

Luuuuuuke
03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I went to two Targets and didn't see much of anything. I got a set of Order 66 by asking an employee at the second Target, but otherwise, it was clear they had no plans to put them out right away. I'm set with TAC 1 but all I saw was a lone Lava Miner at one of the stores.

DarkArtist
03-25-2007, 04:14 PM
here hoping that in a week or so the stores will reset and everyone will get both waves of the TAC

TheDarthVader
03-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't have a problem with being patient. I was just curious and I believe I must have been misinformed. :(

Kidhuman
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I aint found s**t either

Battle Droid
03-25-2007, 08:34 PM
www.toysrus.com has a few of them in stock, I ordered a Lava Miner and Super Battle Droid.

They also have R2-D2 and Mace Windu in stock.

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I went out looking for this stuff too and came up pretty light. I saw TAC Obi-Wan at every Target, TRU, and WM I hit, and most of them had equal numbers of R2s (whether they had a few or a bunch). WM had 2 Mace figs as well. But Obi-Wan and R2 are pegheaters right now real bad.

Most of those stores had the coin album set as well.

Blue2th
03-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Almost all Albuquerque Walmarts and Targets stocked their TAC today. There was no shortage of figures. Did the 3:00AM Walmart search this morning and picked up all of the figures I needed, plus multiples of the Marine and Airborn Trooper. I don't think anybody's going to have a problem eventually picking up what they need from the first wave. I saw the Walmart Treachery on Saluecami (or however you spell it) at the bottom of a pallet full of toys. Thought I would come back for them later, but turns out they didn't put them on the shelves. Doh! Maybe tomorrow?

plasticfetish
03-26-2007, 02:41 AM
I haven't been looking very hard for any of this first bunch of TAC figures, but I did see all of them on the pegs at a local Target tonight. Picked up a few... like Blue2th said, I don't think these are going to be hard to find.

lee gray
03-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Got this today the concept fett http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showphoto.php/photo/26359/cat/500/ppuser/3858

I actually think the concept stormtrooper looks better though

Old Fossil
03-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Nobody should be worried about not being able to find Wave 1. It is still early in the game. I've been able to get all I needed from this wave (and then some), all from 1 Wal-Mart right here in good old Sweatband, Mississippi.
Can't imagine bigger volume stores not eventually getting a ton of these as we get into April.

seanmcfripp
03-26-2007, 01:21 PM
I actually think the concept stormtrooper looks better though

How'd you score the new Fett?

lee gray
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
How'd you score the new Fett?
Got it from a UK dealer R2Dtoys , as for the first wave in the UK tesco and asda are getting a trickle of supllies in at random but recently more frequantly with poor ben kenobi being the last ones usually left on the shelf

seanmcfripp
03-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I just saw CZ4's posted pics of the second wave on the GH boards.

General_Grievous
03-26-2007, 02:59 PM
On Saturday I found just Mace Windu, Artoo and Obi-Wan from Wave 1 at Toys R Us. I didn't find any new figures at Target, but they did have the Sith Infiltrator and V-Wing Fighter, which I was surprised to see.

Dark Marble
03-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I was able to find all of the figures this weekend, but literaly about one of each by looking in multiple stores. The only ones I found consistently were Obi and R2. Earlier in the week the Target I work at got the V-wing and infiltrator but I didn't get to see them. And order 66 seems to be MIA until at least April 8th according to some, but according to my Team Lead as late as April 13th.

I didn't see the Saleucami set or any new figs at my local Walmart at all. I only found the coin album by being at a specific Target almost as soon as it was put out. And I didn't see any galactic heroes. Plus I heard rumors of the new comic sets but didn't see them either. I was hoping to find a Tarkin/Stormy on clearance but no luck there. All thing considered it was not the big weekend I was hoping for. Still got stuff, but not what I was expecting. I am not really disappointed, but kind of "ho hum" about it all. I am really getting tired of the "we got it in the back, but not on the floor for another two weeks" gunk as well. Will someone please sell us some figures???

TheDarthVader
03-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, the night before I was like a kid on Chirstmas eve. I was excited and when I went to the stores all I felt was frustration. It would be really nice for Hasbro to bring back special release dates so that we can get out there and talk with fellow collectors and have some fun. I keep thinking about how I want to maybe stop hunting and order cases from the internet. It is sad but my town seems to get star wars LAST every time.

Dark Marble
03-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes! That is kind of how I felt. I was counting on this release date and when it came it was nothing new. I know that the Target I work at was shoving March 25th down everyones throat. And now we are still hoarding stuff for later dates.

JON9000
03-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I found the 30th today at the local Target. They did not have the McQuarrie trooper, and I passed on everything else. I really wanted another Tantive IV set.

I don't make toy runs anymore... gas costs too much. I stop in when I am in the neighborhood or needing something else. It also takes the sting out of not finding anything! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-26-2007, 07:50 PM
I stopped by Fred Meyer on the way home today. The Star Wars figures had been replaced by Spider-Man, but the Star Wars figures were just a few pegs down the row. They had some TAC there, and all the basic figures were $5.99. I found all but Lava Miner and Concept Stormtrooper. I thought I had grabbed Obi-Wan already, but realized I didn't when I got home. Looks like they got some TSC wave 8 and 9 in as well, as I saw the 5th Fleet Clone, Master Poof, Clone Sergeant and Elite Star Corps Clone.

I won't be checking anywhere else until Friday or Saturday. There shouldn't be any trouble finding all of these eventually. I'm guessing the Concept Stormtrooper could be harder to find since it appears to be only one per case, though it will be appearing in later waves' cases.

TheDarthVader
03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
One per case for the concept trooper. Hasbro drives me crazy sometimes! I don't understand why they are packing r2 and obi 2 per case but they pack the concept trooper one per case. Jeez.

AmanaMatt
03-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Out in the Dallas area, Tac was found at one local Walmart and several Targets today....its hit and miss....the only hard one may be the Concept Stormie to find out of wave one!

Phantom-like Menace
03-28-2007, 09:05 AM
My Target reset the entire action figures aisle last night, and I've been checking for the last few days, so I was there when they opened.

They had TAC and I scored two each of the Airborne Trooper and Galactic Marine. The marine's a sweet figure. I was tempted to get the concept Storm Trooper, but it just doesn't appeal to me that much.

They also had a glut of PotC III figures. It's too damned bad Star Wars doesn't have a movie coming out, so I could have purchased more figures.

tagmac
03-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Reminds me of the time back in '97, when TRU had a big banner up for weeks saying "THE FORCE WILL BE HERE ON (given date)." I went to TRU on that day, expecting to see tons of the new figures (Stormy Luke/Sandtrooper waves on green cards) and the new 12", which were supposed to include Chewie and the Tusken Raider. What I (and a couple other similar-minded collecters) found was the workers putting together the section, and nothing but the same old pegwarmers simply moved from the regular aisle to the front. All that was new was one Luke Stormtrooper they pulled out of the back, and two cases of Bespin Luke/Lando 12" (which sat for weeks). New figures ook weeks to come out, and the Tusken Raider didn't appear until months later, when the section was long changed back.

Battle Droid
03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Found the Wave today at Magic Mart and got,

Galactic Marine
Airborne Trooper
Concept Stormtrooper

DarkArtist
03-28-2007, 07:48 PM
picked up two more Super Battle Droids today at Walmart, all that is left on the pegs there is about 10 R2's and 8 Obi Wan's.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I stopped by Fred Meyer again and got the remaining three I didn't have - Lava Miner, Obi-Wan and Concept Stormtrooper. There were also another Marine and Airborne Trooper that I could have got, but that would have emptied the pegs.

Another thing I noticed was that next to the basic figures, there were a couple pegs labeled as vintage figures. Of course they were empty, but it was kind of funny that they were on sale as well since they aren't supposed to be out until May I think.

mtriv73
03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Found the Wave today at Magic Mart and got,

Galactic Marine
Airborne Trooper
Concept Stormtrooper

Magic Mart, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time, a long time... or at least since I went back home to Grundy. Maybe I should call my Dad and have him pick up some more concept Stormies for me.