PDA

View Full Version : The Bon Jovi appreciation thread

Tycho
03-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Yes, my name is Tycho, and I like listening to Bon Jovi.

"Have a nice day!"

Songs include:

Wild Is the Wind
You Give Love a Bad Name
Without Love
Stick to Your Guns
Never Say Goodbye
Wanted Dead or Alive
Let It Rock
Living on a Prayer
Social Disease
Raise Your Hands
Wild in the Streets
It's My Life
Keep the Faith
Dry County
I'll Be There For You
Born to Be My Baby
Bad Medacine
Lay Your Hands on Me
Blood on Blood

There's really too many hits to mention. I think Bon Jovi is hard to classify for some. They aren't exactly heavy metal, but you can't call them alternative, grunge, pop, or hip-hop. They belong on a hard rock / heavy metal channel on your radio dial.

Still they perform catchy lyrics and fun songs with a little bit of a rebel attitude and Jon Bon Jovi's solo work for Young Gunns II was awesome as well.

So what do you think of Bon Jovi?

2-1B
03-25-2007, 09:31 PM
I like them, they are fun. "Always" is a good tune.

I also like the bit they did with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog a few years back.
"My name is this guy, I have a beard." :D

Tycho
03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I think of "Always" as that great Saliva song.

"I love you!
I hate you!
I just can't live without you!"

I'm not familiar with Bon Jovi doing a song by that title. I know their 80's / 90's stuff better than anything they did recently however.

Blue2th
03-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Suprised you didn't mention "Little Runaway" I think it was his first hit? That's not Richie Sambora on the smoking lead, but Neil Schon (Journey) OK, can we get back to commenting on why Bon Jovi has no chest hair anymore, after being a chest hair farmer in the 80's, without getting scolded by the moderator? I know, I'm being digressively redundant :ninja:

2-1B
03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I think of "Always" as that great Saliva song.

"I love you!
I hate you!
I just can't live without you!"

I'm not familiar with Bon Jovi doing a song by that title. I know their 80's / 90's stuff better than anything they did recently however.

Check it out Tycho, it's a good tune. It's from 1994 IIRC and I think it was going to be the theme song to the movie Romeo is Bleeding but I don't think it ended up that way.

Seriously, if you like their other sappy stuff, this is as good as it gets from BJ.

Tycho
03-25-2007, 10:50 PM
OK, can we get back to commenting on why Bon Jovi has no chest hair anymore, after being a chest hair farmer in the 80's, without getting scolded by the moderator? I know, I'm being digressively redundant :ninja:

Was that thread closed? I forgot. It was about Bon Jovi's action figure.

Suffice it to say, it's not the model ideal for men to be hairballs, but rather to look like "Ken." Many men now shave but don't talk about it. There's no place to really stop shaving on one's body anyway - if you're going for smooth back and shoulders - and you get to the chest and can look like Austin Powers or "the new David Hasselhoff." Baywatch was successful. So what can I say?

Harry dudes remind us more that we originated from apes, but even Axl Rose seems to shave before he sings "Welcome to the Jungle" ;) Hahaha.

Anyway, it seems to be tabboo to talk about male shaving (waxing, etc) because it's so metrosexual or said to be indicative of latent homosexuality. There isn't a correlation there, as many men just want to be attractive to women, but don't want to admit to it.

bobafrett
03-25-2007, 11:13 PM
The best thing I remember about JBJ is going to one of his concerts with my then girlfriend, and one of her female friends and being bounced between these two amply chested women. I must say I was in Heavan that night!

El Chuxter
03-26-2007, 01:07 AM
They're rock. That's where they fall.

And their newest album, Have a Nice Day, is their best in 20 years. "Last Cigarette" is one of their greatest songs ever.

And, yes, I'm considering that both "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "Livin' on a Prayer" are two of the greatest songs of the 20th century. I didn't necessarily say "Last Cigarette" was that good.

2-1B
03-26-2007, 07:36 AM
I didn't care much for the redo of Prayer on Crossroad.

UKWildcat
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Blaze of Glory was the sh*t.

wampaslayr
03-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I just read that Bon Jovi will be guest mentors in May on American Idol and then on the vote off show will sing their new song. This will coincide with the release of their new album, "Lost Highway." The new song is good, but not as good as some of their other ballads.

DarkArtist
03-30-2007, 04:56 PM
grew up around the corner from him when he was just a regular kid in a garage band in glorious Sayreville NJ. even went to the same school, although he did get kicked out. I remember seeing him perform in a local bar with my older sister who had a HUGE crush on him.

love Blaze of Glory and Born to Be My Baby. As far as the new stuff, yes it's good and all but I really wish he would move on from the It's my Life, Everyday, and Have a Nice Day Stuff.

Tycho
03-30-2007, 05:57 PM
That's cool Dark Artist. Did you meet him before he became big? Was he cool?

DarkArtist
03-31-2007, 10:55 AM
That's cool Dark Artist. Did you meet him before he became big? Was he cool?

really didn't know him very well he was four or five years older then me. the few times I saw him outside he really only said "Hey What's Up?"

I think the funnier thing about all this is after he made it big and moved out of Sayreville. In High School, my bis route would always pass by his house and all the girls would scream out the windows " WE LOVE YOU JON BON JOVI" it got really scary when people would take a tour of Sayreville and the biggest tourist attraction would be Bon Jovi's old house.

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 12:01 AM
The new album is supposed to be more in a country direction. Crazy as it sounds, it could be quite good.

JimJamBonds
04-03-2007, 12:14 AM
'You're going to amplify this crap?!?!?!"
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog