Piece of Me
Sweet Little Sister "Tight lipped now but sink ships later!"
I Remember You
Slave to the Grind
Monkey Business
Quicksand Jesus
In A Darkened Room
Wasted Time

So many more. Skid Row was awesome. it's too bad they lost Bach and couldn't work with him. I heard he was difficult. But I met the guy and partied with him. I got to hang out with him after a solo show here in San Diego. I was hanging out after the show with all his groupie girls. I figured he wouldn't miss one of them that I was trying for. He came out of his trailer and looked at me, with all the other fans being girls, and he was like "Uh...NO!" Then I assured him I was straight and he immediately knew what I was up to and invited me and the girl I was hanging with, along with some other ladies, up into his trailer. Some of his band members were up there, or roadies. I'm not sure. We had breakfast cereal with no milk and beer to drink, LOL. But I got to e-mail him and laugh about it twice later.

Sebastian Bach was a great vocalist and Skid Row lost big time by not being able to work things out with him.

El Chuxter
03-26-2007, 01:44 AM
I like the one track that's on the explicit lyrics version of Slave to the Grind, but not on the Wal-Mart version.

You know the song I'm talking about. The one that was replaced with a cover of Nazareth's "Beggar's Day" on the WM edition.

Here's a clue:

"You're standing too close, what the ****'s with you?
You ain't my old lady, and you ain't a tattoo
No need to whimper, no need to shout,
This party's over, so...........

Tycho
03-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Oh yeah. That was a fun song! :D

2-1B
03-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Bas is a bit** but they did cut some good records. I saw them twice on tour with Johnny Solinger on vox in 2000 and I thought they were pretty good.

Tycho
03-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Back in the day I saw them with Bon Jovi (a good match) and with Guns N Roses (they played better than GNR did by far!)

I also saw them on Monsters of Rock tours etc. They were always very talented live as well as in a recording studio.

bobafrett
03-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I got to see Skid Row in the hey day of Metal on the "World Series of Rock" concert with Great White, Whitesnake, Hurricane Alice, and one other band who's name eludes me. But that band was fronted by a guy who sang a song that lyrics went "I ain't missing you at all". He hasd longer hair, and also fronted the band "the Babies" if I remember correctly. Anyway, back on the subject, I was awed by Skid Row, they rocked the Alpine Valley music theatre in East Troy Wisconsin.

Did anyone see "I married Sebastian Bach" on VH1? It was cool to see him again. I think I read somewhere that he was also doing a "Dr. Jeycle (sp?) and Mr Hyde" play several years ago.

Tycho
03-26-2007, 08:22 PM
BobaFrett, I may have been at the same concert as you! In Alpine Valley Wisconsin. I went to high school in Illinois, remember. The other band that played Monsters of Rock (though you wonder why) was Bad English.

Blue2th
03-26-2007, 08:27 PM
John Wait fronted the Babies there frett. You might have seen him with Bad English, which also had Neil Schon and Johnathan Cain from Journey. Though Johnathan Cain was an original member of the Babies before that..... Sabastion used to rock. After seeing him on that VH1 show with Ted Nugent and others though.....:sad:

2-1B
03-26-2007, 08:48 PM
BobaFrett, I may have been at the same concert as you! In Alpine Valley Wisconsin. I went to high school in Illinois, remember. The other band that played Monsters of Rock (though you wonder why) was Bad English.

Tycho, I go to Alpine Valley in East Troy pretty often ! :)

bobafrett
03-26-2007, 10:54 PM

Sweet, I was wearing my black leather jacket, had the long hair and was about 70 pounds lighter. Yep, Bad English was the band. Wait looked funny up there with long rock hair, I may even have a Bad English album around here somewhere :yes:

John Wait fronted the Babies there frett. You might have seen him with Bad English, which also had Neil Schon and Johnathan Cain from Journey. Though Johnathan Cain was an original member of the Babies before that..... Sabastion used to rock. After seeing him on that VH1 show with Ted Nugent and others though.....:sad:

Yes, I remember now. I've also seen journey in concert, but not with Steve Perry, and alkso not with the current singer. (I have a friend who has journey tattoo's, he let's me know all about the band)

Tycho
03-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Tycho, I go to Alpine Valley in East Troy pretty often ! :)

I went to quite a few concerts there:

Yeah the Monsters of Rock with Bad English, Great White, Skid Row, and White Snake.

I also saw Skid Row with Guns N Roses there.

Skid Row was very good in concert every time I'd seen them (with Bon Jovi, too - but not at Alpine Valley for me - rather back in California for that one).

I know for a fact that Queensryche played at the Rosemont (?) in Chicago (with Suicidal Tendancies) - the "Building Empires Tour." That was a great show.

bobafrett
03-27-2007, 06:03 PM
The Rosemont is about a half hour drive from my house. I saw my first concert there, as well as some Wolves hackey games, and Def Leppard, and ZZ Top, and Bon Jovi, and Fleetwood Mac. There are other smaller music venues in Rosemont, and the Rosemont Horizon is now the "Allstate Arena" They built a Target store right next to it.

Tycho
03-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Cool BobaFrett. We definitely like the same kind of music!

:thumbsup:

bobafrett
03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I failed to tell you I saw Barry Manilow with my Def Leppard loving girlfriend. That was at one of those smaller venues. I think I bought the tickets, for an anniversary gift or something.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I don't know if I really remember Skid Row all that much, though I do recall a couple of songs. Sebastian Bach is kind of funny whenever he is on Gilmore Girls though. I also started watching that Supergroup show, but only saw the first 3 or 4 episodes so didn't see how it turned out.

John Wait fronted the Babies there frett. You might have seen him with Bad English, which also had Neil Schon and Johnathan Cain from Journey. Though Johnathan Cain was an original member of the Babies before that..... Sabastion used to rock. After seeing him on that VH1 show with Ted Nugent and others though.....:sad:A few years ago, I was walking in the mall and heard The Babys' song "Isn't It Time", but I didn't know the artist, song title, or what they were saying. All I knew is that the song was familiar and reminded me of the late 70's. I looked through my Billboard book of Top 40 Hits and tried to find a sample online of any song that I thought might be it, but no luck. I'd listen to the 70's channel on Comcast Music Choice hoping it would show up on there. Finally I come across it one day on iTunes will going through year by year of either the Billboard charts or their sets of Essentials. Then I learned that John Waite was in the group. I eventually bought the song on iTunes.

DarkArtist
04-01-2007, 10:36 AM
another bunch of Sayreville Boys. Tycho you forgot one of the songs that launched their career "18 and Life".

Tycho
04-01-2007, 01:31 PM
That's right. I try to forget that song actually.

When I was a baseball player, we had to stay overnight in a hotel for an out-of-town away game. That was the last time I sang in the shower.

It was "18 and Life" and one of my teammates recorded me singing it.

That's traumatized me to this day. And yes...I still know all the lyrics. :rolleyes:

Blue2th
04-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Did it go?: "Eighteen and life good God it's eighteen and life to go-ooho" I know that's probably not the correct lyrics, but that's how I sing it.