PDA

View Full Version : R2-D2 Mailboxes locator?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Anyone finding this plucky little astromech droid/message deliverer around your areas? We should post pics or directions to them. Or we should just do whatever the heck we darn well please, Bel-Cam! :p

I have yet to see any around me, but I was down in San Diego this past weekend and found one. It was on the south side of Hotel Circle, near the Mission Valley Resort. See below.

stillakid
03-26-2007, 11:15 AM
There's one in Tarzana (or Woodland Hills, not sure where the cutoff is) on Ventura Blvd. just west of the Target that is on Desoto. The mailbox is on the south side of Ventura.

Major Karr
03-26-2007, 12:19 PM
I have seen one near me, at the intersection of Constitution Ave, Maryland Ave and 2nd St, NE...very close to the Supreme Court and Capitol.

CaptainSolo1138
03-26-2007, 12:34 PM
There's one in Saginaw, MI at the post office on Washington Ave.

UKWildcat
03-26-2007, 01:48 PM
The closest one to me is in Newport News, VA which is about 20-30 minutes away. I forget the exact address. If I'm ever down that way then I'll definitely swing by it and snap a picture.

bobafrett
03-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I heard there is one in Oakbrook, Illinois. Haven't found it yet, have camera in car in case I do.

bobafrett
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Go here for fun!

http://www.usps.com/

Bel-Cam Jos
03-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Go here for fun!

http://www.usps.com/Can you imagine if there's a contest to win an R2 box?!? :drool: :thumbsup: Can't wait until the 28th to find out...

kool-aid killer
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
The one in Omaha is on Dodge St, right in front of the Kohls Pharmacy. I just went and took a picture of myself with it on Sunday. Its a cool box, im eager to see what the whole deal is.

Tycho
03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
There's one right down the street from me on the edge of Target's parking lot. At least they have R2 near there as they never have much selection in their Star Wars.

bobafrett
03-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Found mine today in Oakbrook Illinois, just outside Macy's store at the Oakbrook Mall. Will have to go back in costume to arrest the droid that became a nuisance for the Empire.

The third pic is of your heavyweight companion Frett and the droid!

Tycho
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Don't worry Frett. I helped you out and brought you your Imperial uniform! :D

bobafrett
03-28-2007, 10:09 PM
ROTFLMAO! Good stuff there Tycho! You made my day!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Here's the closest one to where I live... Claremont. Former home to Snoop Dogg, Rodney King, and current home to local ordinance where no drive-through restaurants can exist (all true). It's tucked into an almost-closed-down shopping area, I found it by mistake.

p.s. That image is hi-larious! It must be really cold there... :eek:

Bel-Cam Jos
07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I won an eBay auction for an R2 Mailbox coin bank. I thought it was an odd item to create, and clearly wasn't from the US (at least I don't think so; the seller was in Hong Kong BTW). What does it say on the box?

- "Collect These And Other Awesome Characters" A-827 (which was a blue non-R2 US Mail box, front opening) Q-831 (which was a blue non-R2 mailbox, back opening), or R2-M8 (this same R2 bank: R2-M8 Coin Bank Item: 12345678 $00.00 AIC - 222)

- "The website shown on the project is currently unavailable" (which was that uspsjedimaster one)

- "Barcode" (in a blank, white rectangle)

- "Trademarks and copyrights used under herein are properties of the United States Postal Service and are used under license to Wei Kee Plastic Industrail LImited. All Rights Reserved."

What does it say on the bank?

- a collection times sticker (10:30 AM, 3:15 PM, and 8:15 PM)

Funny, funny , funny... :D

bobafrett
07-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Don't worry Frett. I helped you out and brought you your Imperial uniform! :D

Was this done before or after I decided to help you? :laugh:

TEAMRICO
07-11-2009, 09:28 PM
It has been a long time since I have posted, actually had to request a new password and such!!
Well believe it or not I have one of the little R2 units in front of the messhall here in Basarah in Southern Iraq!!
I never saw one stateside but here on my second tour I finally spotted one after all these years.
I will post a pic as soon as possible.
He has a few scars and looks like he has been through alot but still in fine working order.
Pics soon.
Rico

bobafrett
07-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Sweet! I miss those mailboxes.

TEAMRICO
07-12-2009, 05:42 PM
As far as I know R2 is now Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet. Saaalute!
Rico

Tycho
07-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Was this done before or after I decided to help you? :laugh:

I can't remember "for the life of me" (uh, literally), but it did make me laugh. I forgot all about that!

Slicker
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
It has been a long time since I have posted, actually had to request a new password and such!!
Well believe it or not I have one of the little R2 units in front of the messhall here in Basarah in Southern Iraq!!
I never saw one stateside but here on my second tour I finally spotted one after all these years.
I will post a pic as soon as possible.
He has a few scars and looks like he has been through alot but still in fine working order.
Pics soon.
RicoThat's awesome. There's one at the NEX on my base in Yokosuka as well.

Rocketboy
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I won an eBay auction for an R2 Mailbox coin bank. I thought it was an odd item to create, and clearly wasn't from the US (at least I don't think so; the seller was in Hong Kong BTW). What does it say on the box?

- "Collect These And Other Awesome Characters" A-827 (which was a blue non-R2 US Mail box, front opening) Q-831 (which was a blue non-R2 mailbox, back opening), or R2-M8 (this same R2 bank: R2-M8 Coin Bank Item: 12345678 $00.00 AIC - 222)

- "The website shown on the project is currently unavailable" (which was that uspsjedimaster one)

- "Barcode" (in a blank, white rectangle)

- "Trademarks and copyrights used under herein are properties of the United States Postal Service and are used under license to Wei Kee Plastic Industrail LImited. All Rights Reserved."

What does it say on the bank?

- a collection times sticker (10:30 AM, 3:15 PM, and 8:15 PM)

Funny, funny , funny... :DThe brand new issue of the Insider has a pic of these in an Artoo collectibles article.
It doesn't say anything about being a bank though.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2009, 11:50 AM
The brand new issue of the Insider has a pic of these in an Artoo collectibles article.
It doesn't say anything about being a bank though.Then the Insider lies like Old Ben!