PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Corner, best Lego town set EVER!

Jargo
03-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Café Corner
Item #: 10182
Ages: 16+
Pieces: 2056
$150 (£90) or thereabouts.

So. Damn. Cool. Already out. hunger for it I do mmmmmmmmm.:thumbsup:

LusiferSam
03-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Café Corner
Item #: 10182
Ages: 16+
Pieces: 2056
$150 (£90) or thereabouts.

So. Damn. Cool. Already out. hunger for it I do mmmmmmmmm.:thumbsup:

I'm in total agree you. :yes: :yes: This is very likely the best Town set ever.

Tonysmo
03-27-2007, 12:16 AM
wow. just wow! that looks amazing..

*adds to Christmas list*

Slicker
03-27-2007, 03:37 AM
Wow. Definitely is one of the better looking sets.

Any more pictures of it? I'm too lazy to look right now.

Jargo
03-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Haven't seen any besides the two I attached. I don't think the official site has added a turnaround yet. The interiors aren't detailed though. besides having staircases. and there are connectors on the sides so you can join two three or four sets together.
there are only three minifigs with the set but given how many of those minifigs people must have that's possibly a blessing.

Only thing that slightly disappoints me is the larger arched windows. just looks like a regular window with a big wheel arch in front. Seems about time Lego came up with some real arched windows like one they faked with a sticker on the Spiderman Doc Ock's fusion lab set.

JediTricks
03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
If you hadn't said that about the wheel-well arches on the Cafe Corner set, I never would have noticed that, but now I'll never NOT notice that. :p

The set looks amazing, but is way outside my pricerange. I wish they'd produce this level of quality at the lower pricepoints again, they've been in a downward slide there for years now IMO.

Tonysmo
04-08-2007, 03:35 AM
teh wife picked this up - and we will be handing this over to Jr this morning for Easter. I cant wait to see the look on his face.. and I cant wait to knock him outta the chair so I can start to build it. ( doubtful, Im at work, and Ill prolly miss him building the darn thing while I sleep the day away.. ) Im totally excited about this thing though. The box is HUGE. .... Ill take some pics and be sure to give a decent report. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
04-08-2007, 10:26 PM
i saw a completed display of this set at my local Lego store. as impressive as the pictures look, it's even more so in person. alas, it would totally bust my collecting budget

Tonysmo
04-09-2007, 12:16 AM
smojr with his completed set.

There were a few lil pieces missing.. but nothing we couldnt cover with stuff we had onhand. He started at 9am.. and minus a few breaks. and throw in Easter breakfast with teh family.. he finished around 5:30pm..

http://media.flurl.com/media2/jpg/2007/4/8/FLURL-dot-com-244063_weesmo.jpg

He was thrilled to no end when he saw it on the table.

Jargo
04-09-2007, 12:49 PM
I've been looking round for a scan of the instructions on this one. Just curious about how certain parts of it are put together. no luck yet. guess everyone is just too busy enjoying 'playing' with it. I'm definitely buying it though. it's too sexy to pass up.

LusiferSam
04-09-2007, 09:06 PM
I've been looking round for a scan of the instructions on this one.

Don't bother. Almost nobody scans and put on the web the newest sets. The folks over at Peeron (http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/scans/?ct=1) have an unspoken agreement with Lego about their instruction library. They only post them three years after the set was first released. Nobody no new is going to come a long and try to compete with the PICSL. Nor is any other site likely to brake this community rule. A few folks here and there might do every now and than, but Lego likely shuts them down.

Jargo
04-10-2007, 05:25 AM
really? how draconian. I can understand it to a degree but hmmm. seems a tad heavy handed.
oh well. I'll own it soon enough.

El Chuxter
04-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Is there going to be a video game based on the town sets, like with Star Wars Lego and Batman Lego?

Ji'dai
04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Is there going to be a video game based on the town sets, like with Star Wars Lego and Batman Lego? There have been at least two LEGO Town video games: LEGO Island and the sequel, Brickster's Revenge.

My Cafe Corner arrived last Tuesday. I've only built the first two stories so far. The ground floor build time took about the length of Dead Man's Chest, and the second story took about an hour. Hopefully I'll have time to complete the third story this week. Very cool enjoyable build though, lots of detail I don't typically see in Town sets offered to consumers.

stillakid
04-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Is this available at retail Toys R Us or other on the shelf locations?

Jargo
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
it's a shop @ home exclusive stilla. intanets only

figrin bran
04-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Is this available at retail Toys R Us or other on the shelf locations?

i think it's available at Lego stores as well. at least they had the set on display there.

stillakid
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
it's a shop @ home exclusive stilla. intanets only

Ordered and shipping already this morning. :)

Jargo
04-11-2007, 03:17 PM
grrr

you peoples with your monies.*shakes fist in air lamely* I gots to wait til the middle of may before i can orders.damn credits card companies. they gives you the monies then wants it back. freakin' indian givers that's whats they is.

grrrr

stillakid
04-16-2007, 10:12 PM
FedEx Claus showed up at my door this morning with a mint in the box Cafe Corner. :love: My nine year old daughter took a look at the age recommendation on the box (16+), raised her fists in the air, and shouted, "Curse you age limit!"

My son is only 12, but combined, they equal 21, so I figure they can both work on it at the same time. :D

Jargo
04-17-2007, 08:01 AM
hehe that's cute.