PDA

View Full Version : Treachery on Saleucami Battle Pack

Kill Solo
03-26-2007, 10:55 PM
I picked this up today (actually I made it a quest to find this battle pack today, I had to hit 4 Walmarts), it's pretty awesome. Thoughts?

Battle Droid
03-26-2007, 10:59 PM
My thoughts are I wish I could find it.

Kill Solo
03-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Take heart Battle Droid. You'll find it.

Darth Cruel
03-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I am of the mind that it is the single best battle pack that Hasbro has done. No repacked figures. Two great figures and two great B.A.R.C. Speeders for 22.00 is a very fair price.

stad
03-28-2007, 01:18 AM
They come in cases of 4, and every Wal-Mart I've seen them at has about 6-7 cases in the initial wave, although they might not have room to put them all out at once. They've also not moved quite as fast as expected, one store only put out 4 of them, and the last 3 didn't sell until the third day.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-28-2007, 02:06 AM
I found them on Saturday. I haven't opened it, but they look nice.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-28-2007, 03:59 PM
What's the deal with the BARC Speeders? Are they the ones from the Stass Allie figure, and do they still break in half?

Luuuuuuke
03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I found these about a week ago. Got 3, which is more than enough for me. Love the figures. Wish the visor on one of clones could be raised. Neyo's pitch perfect. Good articulation on both clones, and the paint job is excellent.

Not as big a fan of the B.A.R.C speeders(which don't think break in half) beyond the first two I got. Of course, I'd like more clones than speeders, but the battlepack was done just as it should be considering the scene.

There were about 24 of them when I got mine, and one day later that number went down only by about 6. But I assume they're pretty much gone now.

abell748
03-29-2007, 07:35 AM
I would be nice if either of our WM's would put the darn things out!!!

TheDarthVader
03-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Humph. I didn't even see the separation of the twins figures at any Wal Mart near me. And now I have visited four, yes FOUR, Wal Marts in search for that cool battle pack and not one has it out on the shelf. This is a big bummer. Hopefully my WM will put this out within a month. This is craziness.

Kill Solo
03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey, for you guys having problems finding this battle pack. Use this upc, print it out, take it to the customer service desk and as them to locate it for you. It will scan and everything, you may need to enlarge it. (http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.asp?upc=653569240648)

figrin bran
03-30-2007, 10:46 PM
What's the deal with the BARC Speeders? Are they the ones from the Stass Allie figure, and do they still break in half?

the only differences between these BARCs and the Stass Allie ones are that the stripes are red instead of green and the footpegs are missing.

AmanaMatt
03-31-2007, 12:44 AM
I just got this tonight....the Best Battlepack. Ever!

Kill Solo
04-01-2007, 12:07 PM
I finally got around to opening this pack yesterday. Man is the Neyo grunt awesome! He's perfect, and I can totally see Hasbro re-releasing this guy on a single card. The other visor grunt is pretty sweet also. I really :love:this battle pack. This is definitely one of my favorite battle packs this year.

General_Grievous
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Finally found it today at Wal Mart. It sure is nifty. It's definitely my favorite battlepack. And, this finally completes my Clone collection. Which means that I now have at least one of every clone seen in Episode III.

Darth Cruel
04-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Finally found it today at Wal Mart. It sure is nifty. It's definitely my favorite battlepack. And, this finally completes my Clone collection. Which means that I now have at least one of every clone seen in Episode III.

Except for the three that have not been done yet. Just kidding.

I gave the one I opened to my son as a reward for a good report card. Man, I miss it!

I do have another that I can open. And I will soon. But I truely hope these are plentiful as I want to get abuncha them.

abell748
04-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey, for you guys having problems finding this battle pack. Use this upc, print it out, take it to the customer service desk and as them to locate it for you. It will scan and everything, you may need to enlarge it. (http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.asp?upc=653569240648)

Wow, they actually do useful customer service at your WM's? Our can't be bothered unless you have a return.

Kill Solo
04-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow, they actually do useful customer service at your WM's? Our can't be bothered unless you have a return.

Hey man, I was as surprised as you. I just took my print out to CS and asked them if they could locate it for me. They weren't busy, so the CS lady was like sure no problem. They didn't have any at that particular store, but she did get me the address for the closest Walmart that did.

Jaff
04-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I got mine in the mail today. I don't want to really count on it comming to the stores around me, because exclusives rarely show up where I live. I love the figs, but the bikes are just fair. My biggest problem with these is the cheap plastic used for the handlebars. They are so rubbery they feel like stiffined JELLO. Nyo is nice, I display him without the speeder bike.

Luuuuuuke
04-08-2007, 01:34 AM
My biggest problem with these is the cheap plastic used for the handlebars. They are so rubbery they feel like stiffined JELLO. Nyo is nice, I display him without the speeder bike.

That's so true. I gave up on wrapping their hands around the handlebar. It gives way under just a little bit of pressure. Mines are just sitting their w ith their hands kind of floating just over the handlebar.

I gave one of the BARC bikes to a Kashyyk trooper. He looks okay there. The other one I just stored somewhere.

waboritas
04-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Saw two of these sans the figures that someone conveniantly removed at my Walmart on Saturday. Pretty frustrating. I didn't go there looking for this specifically, but would have bout one if they had it. Think I'm going to make a run once or twice during the week to the Target next to my office and buy figs I want that I can't find through Hasbrotoyshop.com. Can't waste the time and gas going on these wild goose chases to only find TAC Obi Wan and R2 on the pegs. Can't complain too much as I got the bulk of what I was missing from Wave 9 on sale for $5.97. Not great, but I didn't go home empty handed.

jedi master sal
04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I found this last Friday. Was SEVERELY disappointed with it. Ok let me explain...

I wanted three of them, saw at least 10 sets. When I examined the set before purchasing I noticed that the grunt's visor doesn't move nor come off. That's not what I wanted. I was hoping to have a few of these sets but for this one thing. So I did buy one set for the scene , but alas am not considering buying anymore, much less army build them....yeah I know, me not army building...the end is near. ha ha.

The figures did look good overall and the speeder bikes are fine. I just don't need that many extra speeder bikes nor Neyo's so I couldn't justify buying the set for $20 just for some more grunts, especially when they didn't turn out how I thought they would (removable visor or at least easily customized).

-Sal

TheDarthVader
04-10-2007, 11:38 AM
It is funny; I never saw the separation of the twins figures...I never found the cantina tin set...and now I will probably never see these sets. What is going on here? My two closests Wal Marts seem to never put out their exclusives. I wish I could catch someone (an employee) taking these from the back. I am very frustrated right now. :(

jedi master sal
04-10-2007, 06:00 PM
It is funny; I never saw the separation of the twins figures...I never found the cantina tin set...and now I will probably never see these sets. What is going on here? My two closests Wal Marts seem to never put out their exclusives. I wish I could catch someone (an employee) taking these from the back. I am very frustrated right now. :(

You still need the cantina set?

IIRC, my WM still has about a half dozen of them. I think they were $26-27. I can get you one if you want. At cost, plus shipping.

Let me know. (Send me an PM too.)

-Sal

TheDarthVader
04-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the offer JMS, but I already got one set off sleaze-bay. I have just been wondering why I haven't seen any exclusives at my WM in a long long time. I still need the separation of the twins and saleucami battle pack though.

Kill Solo
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
the local walmart here has the the cantina sets marked down to 10 bucks.

Phantom-like Menace
04-10-2007, 11:20 PM
When I examined the set before purchasing I noticed that the grunt's visor doesn't move nor come off.

Yeah, that severely reduces the appeal of the set, but I've already decided that since I doubt I'm going to be able to find and/or purchase the the four or five of these I want, that I'm just going to mold and cast the Neyo head. Can anyone tell me if the body is the same or if the Neyo head will fit the grunt? Either way, I'm kind of planning to use the extra heads I make to maybe Neyo-ize some of my remaining all white clones.

figrin bran
04-11-2007, 01:45 AM
PLM, yes the bodies are the same and the Neyo head will fit the grunt.

If you have extra casts of the Neyo head, i'd love to purchase one from you

jedi master sal
04-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Ditto that remark!

I just don't have the time or patience right now for molds or I'd do them myself. So if you are doing them, LMK if you would be willing to sell any extras.

-Sal

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Picked up two yesterday; one for myself and one for my pal in the service. I was on the wire, but I really dig these things. Very cool! :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
04-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Guyute, could you pick one up for me??? ;)

JEDIpartner
04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Had I known you wanted one, I could've picked one up for you a couple weeks ago!!! I picked one up for my friend Bruce in MA.

Phantom-like Menace
04-14-2007, 06:34 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Ditto that remark!

I just don't have the time or patience right now for molds or I'd do them myself. So if you are doing them, LMK if you would be willing to sell any extras.

-Sal

The biggest problem there is that you're hardly dealing with the casting master here. If I am able to grab the set, though, I'll keep you guys in mind, and we'll see what can be done.

JEDIpartner
04-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Had I known you wanted one, I could've picked one up for you a couple weeks ago!!! I picked one up for my friend Bruce in MA.

Do you still need one?

Darth Cruel
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Just in case anyone has a few extra B.A.R.C. Speeders and doesn't know what to do with them. It is movie accurate to use them with your Utapau Clones as well. I was going to attach a screen shot...but getting it small enough made it too small. Trust me...there is one there. It is at about 1:20:06 on the DVD.

SplFrcsCWO
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
I just checked- it's 1:19:49.

jedi master sal
05-11-2007, 08:28 AM
A link with pics would help....

joe-da
05-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Are these still shipping? I still have not found one, in six Wal-Marts.

[EDIT: Now make that 7 Wal-Marts & no 'Saleucami' battle pack.]

Kidhuman
05-11-2007, 01:57 PM
My WM has a lot of them here. They keep packing more and more out.

Also, what did everyone do with the guns for the clones? There is no where to put them if they are on the bikes

jedi master sal
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Also, what did everyone do with the guns for the clones? There is no where to put them if they are on the bikes

Huh? I have as yet not opened this. (Which is a surprise for me, since I'm like a big kid and have to open stuff when I get home if not sooner...)

Guess I'll just have more guns for the "armory."

Darth Cruel
05-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I put them in the "tray" in front of the handle bars when the clones are mounted.

figrin bran
05-12-2007, 01:22 AM

i put them in the gentle giant bust up cases where i store all extra weapons and accessories.

DarkArtist
05-12-2007, 12:59 PM
just came from a Toy Show in Woodbridge where the guy had five of this set and was selling them each for $150. he said that he knows someone who works for Hasbro and there were only going to be the intial wave released.

El Chuxter
05-12-2007, 01:36 PM
The fact that he's selling them for 750% of the retail price indicates he's probably not to be trusted, though.

DarkArtist
05-12-2007, 03:19 PM
The fact that he's selling them for 750% of the retail price indicates he's probably not to be trusted, though.

Oh I would trust him at all and when he quoted the price he was looking for I basically laughed in his face and told him good luck trying to find someone who's willing to buy that.

Luuuuuuke
05-12-2007, 09:56 PM
just came from a Toy Show in Woodbridge where the guy had five of this set and was selling them each for $150. he said that he knows someone who works for Hasbro and there were only going to be the intial wave released.

What an a-hole. Scalpers are just scumbags. What a pathetic way to make a living.

You'd have to be a moron to pay that kind of money for that set. Nice set, but not $150 nice. I'm glad you laughed in his face.

Darth Cruel
05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
It is standard barking. Hasn't changed for hundreds of years. And it may shock some people how many people fall for it. I see this practice ad nauseum at Frank and Son Collectible show twice a week...every week. If it didn't work...they wouldn't do it. Even the people selling stuff on eBay still use that type of tactic...but typing the lies instead of barking them. But it is not the savvy collectors they fool with it. It is the new collectors, the people buying gifts for collectors, or those just looking to buy something of value to try to make money on it themselves. Not just those people, mind you. But you get the idea.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Indeed. At that price, they only need to get one sucker to buy one. Then they can sell the rest at regular price.

Luuuuuuke
05-13-2007, 03:05 PM
I haven't been to Frank & Sons in a while so I don't have a sense of how expensive Star Wars items are there. Sometimes you get an alright deal there, as I recall.

I feel lucky that I went to Wal-Mart the day someone here posted that these sets were out because if I had waited a few more days I would not have found it. I saw the Treachery sets at only one Wal-Mart. That's it. They had a lot of them. I got 3, which was more than enough for me. I hope most of them didn't go to scalpers.

Scackmgackm
05-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Is anyone still finding these?

I didn't realize they were Wal-Mart exclusives...I haven't been to a Wal-Mart in ages.

Now I am concerned that my opportunity just got lost and I am going to have to hit sleaze-Bay (love that phrase, gonna have to steal it).

Unless someone with PayPal could help me out when I get paid on June 1st and pick one of these up for me if I cannot find one...

El Chuxter
05-16-2007, 11:52 AM
True that.

I bet if you look up "perky Padme" on eBay, you'll find a lot of claims that the figure was discontinued after a short run. No one will mention that every damned Padme made was "perky," and that she pegwarmed pretty heavily for a while there.

Ric Olie
05-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I found this a couple of weeks ago marked down for 10 bucks. They must have had twenty of them. What was so great, besides being marked down, was that this was the first time I had ever seen them. I have one of them on top of my computer tower and it looks great.

Phantom-like Menace
05-19-2007, 09:37 PM
It makes me a tad angry that this would go on clearance some places and be almost or completely impossible to find elsewhere.

jedi master sal
05-20-2007, 11:10 AM
It makes me a tad angry that this would go on clearance some places and be almost or completely impossible to find elsewhere.

Agreed. I got one a full price. Saw it twice after but didn't want to pay full price, then they were gone. I was going to buy thre sets, but didn't like the fact that the grunts visor was permanantly attached. Well, I guess I had my chance, but wow, I'm surprised Wm put these on clearance anywhere. My local WMs NEVER seem to put anything SW on clearance.

joe-da
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM

My sentiments exactly...

Phantom-like Menace
05-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Agreed. I got one a full price. Saw it twice after but didn't want to pay full price, then they were gone.

Three would have been the least I would have wanted to buy. I would have been very happy to get four and I would have stopped at five to get two speeders and two of that style clone for other projects.

Ric Olie
05-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I was lucky to find them. I just happen to be in this store to find them. My local Walmart never did carry them.