PDA

View Full Version : Question about the unmade figure lists, has this guy been listed?

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 04:09 AM
Specifically, I'm asking about the white haired Rebel Fleet Trooper at the very beginning of Star Wars, the first person we get a close view of, the one Samuel L. Jackson says he thought the movie was going to be about when he first saw Star Wars. Anyway, has that guy ever been put on anybody's "needed unmade figures" list before?

Think we need him?

Kidhuman
03-29-2007, 07:14 AM
The guy who I thought was HAn SOlo when I was a kid? I say make him.

Droid
03-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Red 6 lists him as Lt. Pello Scrambas (Pel-low Skrahm-baz):

Also he has a short biography online here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pello_Scrambas

TheRealDubya
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Is one of the dudes in the Tantive IV Battle Pack him, by chance? I thought one of them looked a bit like him.

mtriv73
03-29-2007, 11:21 AM
No, the battle pack has red and brown haired ones. With a little paint, you could have one pretty fast.

Jargo
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
the tantive battle pack rebels look a bit metrosexual. Especially the red haired one.
The guy I always assumed was a commander rank dude with the grey hair should get done. The movie does focus on his worried expression. And he looks like a seasoned fighter. Plus he has cool eyebrows. Plus more rebel troopers is always good.

2-1B
03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
The guy who I thought was HAn SOlo when I was a kid? I say make him.

You weren't the only one. I did, too !

Old Fossil
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
They should have made this guy years ago!!! He's "THE" Rebel Trooper, IMO. Every time they make a rebel trooper figure, I hope against hope that it's going to be him, only to be disappointed without fail.

Darth Cruel
03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
He looks like Leslie Nielson

mabudonicus
03-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, what most of you have said- he's pretty much the first "character" in the film, and seeing as we've got figures of pretty much every SE CGI POS there is, the fact that the FIRST "GUY" in ALL OF STAR WARS doesn't exist yet is ludicrous.

I remember when I got the first Rebel Fleet Trooper and I was pretty stoked, but the more I thought about it, the more I wished it were that guy instead. Dunno how he in particular missed the cut SO many times, good call JT
:beard:Isobaws&

DarkArtist
03-30-2007, 04:49 PM
hey count me in on the "Hasbro please make this guy list."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2007, 05:14 PM
They could just use the existing body and make him. They should just bill him as "Rebel Trooper" instead of "Pello Scrambas" since then people would likely buy more of him. I mean, we got the Millennium Falcon gunner from a deleted scene as one of the recent Endor Troopers so why not this guy?

JediTricks
03-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Red 6 lists him as Lt. Pello Scrambas (Pel-low Skrahm-baz):

Also he has a short biography online here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pello_ScrambasThanks for the info, there's only 285 returns on Google with the name, it looks like it's one of the names that the CCG made up (the CCG still annoys me to this day with all their halfarsed EU entries).

With a little paint, you could have one pretty fast.Not really though, the facial features are not close to Pello's.

You weren't the only one. I did, too !Was it the vest that threw you guys?

They should have made this guy years ago!!! He's "THE" Rebel Trooper, IMO. Every time they make a rebel trooper figure, I hope against hope that it's going to be him, only to be disappointed without fail.That's a good point, he's the only one we get a solid look at, yet he's been overlooked for 11 years now. Maybe it's because he's a unique character rather than an army builder, but I think he'd be a perfect figure for the 30th Anniversary.

Yeah, what most of you have said- he's pretty much the first "character" in the film, and seeing as we've got figures of pretty much every SE CGI POS there is, the fact that the FIRST "GUY" in ALL OF STAR WARS doesn't exist yet is ludicrous.

I remember when I got the first Rebel Fleet Trooper and I was pretty stoked, but the more I thought about it, the more I wished it were that guy instead. Dunno how he in particular missed the cut SO many times, good call JT
:beard:Isobaws&Thanks, yeah, how the very first person we see in all of SW hasn't even made it on 1 list is beyond me, I guess nobody ever thought of it before, I never had until the other day - it just never occurred to me.

I remember when I got the first Rebel Fleet Trooper and was NOT stoked, he was a giant, weird-looking freak. :p

They could just use the existing body and make him. They should just bill him as "Rebel Trooper" instead of "Pello Scrambas" since then people would likely buy more of him. I mean, we got the Millennium Falcon gunner from a deleted scene as one of the recent Endor Troopers so why not this guy?I'd accept using the POTJ body, but I'd prefer it to be new since that one has a few too many issues - the arms need new detailing, there's no waist articulation, and the collar is up too high. They could just retool the torso and arms though, split the difference. But you're right that this guy could be sold as generic RFT and work, and certainly deserves to be made over a deleted gunner.

bigbarada
03-31-2007, 01:51 AM
I would definitely buy him, it'd be a great opportunity for Hasbro to make an SA Rebel Fleet Trooper without everyone complaining.

He just naturally looks like your typical heroic character from any movie, I believe that's why people remember him so much. Plus he conveys more concern and emotion in those two seconds on screen than Hayden Christensen did in two films.

As long as they don't use that name, that has to be one of the stupidest EU names I've ever heard.

2-1B
03-31-2007, 09:04 PM
They should put this Scrambled Eggs guy in a 3 pack with Willrow Hood the Ice Cream Man and Yarna the Disowned.

Was it the vest that threw you guys?

I dunno about the kid named human over there, but for me I thought he looked like Harrison Ford. I really did. Hell, I still kinda do to this day. lol
He kinda looks like a gray haired Han Solo.

Kidhuman
04-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Same with me Cae, he looks like an older Ford

JediTricks
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Hmm, I don't see a Ford-like face there, I wonder what suggests that to you fine folks.

Jargo
04-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I don't really care what body they use as long as they don't give him the tiny feet of the POTJ RFT. and balance him so he doesn't fall over like the POTJ RFT.

I'd even be happy with stupid pre-posed troopers like they did with the clonetroopers. sculpted in a sniper, crouched and standing pose. though admittedly articulation is cool. for army building does it really matter? we have five POTJ sculpt troopers and Antilles to captain them a three pack of posed troopers wouldn't hurt.

go on, call me a heathen lowlife. I'm just not into this head variant chase figure idea. it's hard enough getting hold of one let alone both or three of them. Maybe a battle pack then with Imperial officers Jir and Praji. Our dude Scrambas R4-M9 with the newer better R4-G9 astro droid body and U-3PO the pale gold protocol droid?

it'd be easy enough to kitbash the officers with new heads. U-3PO would be really simple to do. So would R4-M9. then make Scrambas the new figure or use the POTJ body with new arms and legs and a new head.

something like that. maybe. perhaps.....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2007, 11:23 PM
You know, until I read your post, I always thought U-3PO was just silver, but I checked and he is indeed a pale gold. Kinda cool.