PDA

View Full Version : Bobafrett's 2007 Relay for life cancer walk

bobafrett
04-02-2007, 10:35 PM
My fellow forumites, For the third consecutive year, I will be walking in the Normal, Illinois American Cancer Society's "Relay for life". I am asking if you can, make a donation at my personal ACS page.

http://www.acsevents.org/relay/il/mclean/barry

If you would rather pay by check, drop me a PM, and I will give you an address to make your donation.

Thanks in advance!

UKWildcat
04-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm happy to donate to such a wonderful cause Barry!

I really hope you not only reach, but also exceed your goal. Speaking of which, is WM going to match again this year?

CaptainSolo1138
04-02-2007, 11:34 PM
After having helped me with my March of Dimes crusade, I will be more than happy to help you out! Best of luck, Barry!

kool-aid killer
04-03-2007, 02:43 PM
I'll be willing to donate to your cause. Are you marching in your stormtrooper armor again?

bobafrett
04-03-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm happy to donate to such a wonderful cause Barry!

I really hope you not only reach, but also exceed your goal. Speaking of which, is WM going to match again this year?

Not sure, they dropped the ball last year, so I was unable to get the matching funds. It was in part due to the ACS people too. They only gave me credit for my online donations, all cash and check donations went under the team total. Wal-Mart wanted proof that I raised the $1,000 myself. Overall I raised over $1,000.00 myself, thanks in part to donors like you folks here at SSG.

After having helped me with my March of Dimes crusade, I will be more than happy to help you out! Best of luck, Barry!

Thank you very much! I try to do what I can, and I appreciate you returning the favor. They are both excellent causes, and I would be willing to help anybody with a worthwhile goal.

I'll be willing to donate to your cause. Are you marching in your stormtrooper armor again?

You bet, not the whole time though. We are in and out of costume many times over the 24 hours. That you again for your support Kool-aid killer!

UKWildcat
04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Not sure, they dropped the ball last year, so I was unable to get the matching funds. It was in part due to the ACS people too. They only gave me credit for my online donations, all cash and check donations went under the team total. Wal-Mart wanted proof that I raised the $1,000 myself. Overall I raised over $1,000.00 myself, thanks in part to donors like you folks here at SSG.

Oh really? That sucks frett. Sorry to hear that. Well I hope everything works out for you this time around.

bobafrett
04-09-2007, 07:13 AM
I should let everyone know, that the walk is in June, so you still have time to make a donation at my page in the first post. You know, the post that is 6 posts before this one.

bobafrett
04-16-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm up to $140.00, but still have a way to go to hit my goal of $1,200.00 Just keep this in mind as the next month comes and goes. If you have anything you might like to donate to the silent auction, PM me. The money raised at the silent auction goes toward the teams effort. Last year I donated a few of my extra card figures, and they were snapped up, and we raised an extra $50 for the team. Thanks again!

bobafrett
04-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I've seem to stagnatted on the $140 for now. I sent out a lot of mail to family and friends, so I know that number will go up.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-28-2007, 09:32 AM
For those of you in the Southern California Inland Empire today (perhaps on your way to the Coachella music festival), there's a Relay For Life walk in the "slimey mudhole that rhymes with Sancho Bucagunga," at the high school off the 210 freeway and Milliken Ave. (Los Osos HS). It's great that these events are spreading more and more around the country. I myself am not a true "survivor," but I've had a few skin-level things removed, and several members of my family have either survived or succumbed to it, so it's a hitting-home situation.

bobafrett
05-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far! I'm at $380.00 right now, a little far away from the goal I set of $1,200. There is still time for you to make a donation. Go to the link in the first post and make a simple painless donation. You can even give unanoumously (sp?)(I just woke up).

bobafrett
05-29-2007, 06:30 PM
:love: Hey der, did you donate yet? Why not? If so, Thank You! You knows who you iz. Seriously though, my push to raise funds has staggered a bit, looking for some revitilization. This all goes down in about 3 weeks, so my time to get to my goal is running short. Please won't you help? :love:

bobafrett
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I want to thank all those here who donated to my "Relay for Life" cancer walk. I came in just under my goal of $1,200.00. I managed to get $1,112.00 in donations, plus another $60 from the silent auction for a tray of 9 figures and 1 clone trooper beanie. I don't have the totals broken down just yet, but there were 3 or 4 catagories from which I got donations from. SSG was one, my Wal-Mart co-workers, my family and friends, my pizza customers, and random people. My team hit the bronze pin level again for the third year. I'm still waiting for a total amount, but as of the "Relay" board, we are close to $2,600.00. I'm still trying to get Wal-Mart to match my donations.

bobafrett
07-04-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett1&album_id=221339

Pictures from the event.

I am still taking donations here:

http://www.acsevents.org/relay/il/mclean/barry

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2007, 08:03 AM
How long of a line do the memorial luminaries form? That's a pretty touching tribute. Good work, Barry!

bobafrett
07-07-2007, 11:27 PM
How long of a line do the memorial luminaries form? That's a pretty touching tribute. Good work, Barry!

They lined both sides of a high school track. When they are lit, and the lights dim, they look beautiful!

bobafrett
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I should probably start a new thread for this, but I'm sure you guys are smart enough to come to this post, and read about it. My Team is entering into our 4th "Relay for Life" cancer walk. We want to get to at least the bronze level this year which is $2,000.00, but would really enjoy the silver which is $5,000.00 in donations. Go here and make a donation if at all possible. You do the clicking, I do the walking!!!!

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeIllinoisDivision?px=3678017&pg=personal&fr_id=7566&s_tafId=113542

CaptainSolo1138
05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Done.

Keep up the good work, frett.

UKWildcat
05-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey Barry, when do we have until to make a donation? Thank you kind sir!

bobafrett
05-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey Barry, when do we have until to make a donation? Thank you kind sir!
June 27th I believe, but they do take donations afterward too! Thank you in advance!

Thank you CaptainSolo1138, e-mail sent your way!

UKWildcat
05-08-2008, 11:33 PM
June 27th I believe, but they do take donations afterward too! Thank you in advance!

Okay, cool. I'll be able to make my donation well before then. :thumbsup:

Thank you CaptainSolo1138, e-mail sent your way!

That Cappy is a swell fellow huh? :love:

CaptainSolo1138
05-09-2008, 09:06 AM
That Cappy is a swell fellow huh? :love:
And don't you forget it, young man!

bobafrett
06-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Okay, I walk in this cancer walk this Friday. If anyone here was thinking about making a donation, but hasn't yet, "now is the time".

I'm still about $450.00 short of my goal. I've e-mailed just about everyone I know, snail mailed others, collected money in a can at the Pizza Ria I work at, and I'm at around $800 to $900 total in funds raised so far.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeIllinoisDivision?px=3678017&pg=personal&fr_id=7566&s_tafId=113542

Thank you again for those of you who have made a donation!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to those of you who will before Friday!

bobafrett
06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Bueller? Bueller? I've been running frantically around trying to get my armor ready, but I now leave for work shortly, then work from 6 am until 9 pm tomorrow, then on Friday I head off to the event hopefully by 9 am as it is slightly over 2 hours to get down to Normal Illinois where this event will take place.

bobafrett
06-29-2008, 08:53 PM
From what I understand, you can still make a donation to this years "Relay for Life" effort until the end of July. I just cleared $1,040.00. This amount inblodes the $89 I raised at the silent auction where I sold 12 of my figures, to a young man, who smiled all the way to the auction payment tent.

bobafrett
06-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Some more pictures from the event.

bobafrett
06-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Heres a few more.

bobafrett
06-29-2008, 09:12 PM
My proudest picture, I was given a "grand club" shirt, for reaching $1,000.00 in donations every year, the last 4 years. I wore the shirt to Wal-Mart today.