PDA

View Full Version : is there already a thread on how goofy that new Luke figure looks?

2-1B
04-04-2007, 07:15 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=700

Surely this was an April Fool's joke? That can't be the real Luke they are putting out...the buck teeth and receding hairline have to be a joke, right? :confused:

Kidhuman
04-04-2007, 09:49 AM
I could see the teeth, but Damn I have seen better heads on a mug of beer.

El Chuxter
04-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't need a moisture vaporator that bad.

I prefer the Stormtrooper's bio:

Stormtrooper
Bands of Jawas scavenge Tatooine for discarded droids and machinery to repair and resell. One of the droids that the Jawas show to Owen Lars during the sale of C-3PO and R2-D2 is a LIN mining and demolition droid created to lay mines and perform demolition operations.

Old Fossil
04-04-2007, 11:10 AM
He needs a crude plaque around his neck that says "Luke #1."

But seriously, folks... this doesn't look like the same head sculpt I've seen in other images. The one I remember seeing had an almost "animated" look to it, but it was still all right. This one... I dunno.

Everything from the neck down is great, though!!!

Droid
04-04-2007, 11:43 AM
It is one of the worst Lukes we've ever seen, but I will buy three for the vaporators.

I am an idiot.

Kidhuman
04-04-2007, 04:02 PM
MAbs and I were discussing this putrid figure. We came to the conclusion that Hasbro must have an inside bet to pack in the worst figure with a part we have been wanting for years and see how many of us will purchase it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Dunno, I don't think it's that bad. The pics from ToyFair made him look like he was 50 years old, so this is at least an improvement from that. I would have rather seen them put a "hair in the wind" head on the new Jabba's Palace Luke since I think it makes more sense than when he's just staning aroung.

The picture on his coin looks like a giraffe.

TheDarthVader
04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Why not use the head from the early bird luke? I will never understand how hasbro gets away with such hideous head/face sculpts...(*cough* moisture vaporator).

Snowtrooper
04-04-2007, 06:56 PM
The vaporator is the only thing that is going to make this figure sell. I hope Hasbro doesn't get the idea that we like this figure because of it.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Man, that is pretty rank. Looks like production-quality material and paint too, the previous shots were of the prototype. What are they thinking?!? 2 waves in a row with 2 awful Luke likenesses.

Jargo
04-04-2007, 08:37 PM
I have a feeling it's a plot to make the most unlike Mark Hamill figure they can. The arms on that Luke seem too big also. don't know why they went for windswept hair. that never works on small scale figures. well, on figures period.
Personally i can't see why they didn't do a set with the vaporator and some other Tatooine junk. like those white geometric box things you see everywhere. and the vents that look like ships vents. y'know the white things that curve at the top with a grille on the opening. A single carded Uncle Owen even. to replace the cruddy cinema scene one. at least that would have been worth keeping. As it is I'm just going to throw this Luke figure away. If I buy more than one or extra vaporators there goes more Luke's. why did they bother packing a Luke with this, and why such a bad one?

I'm hoping this isn't going to be the only release of the vaporator. Now they've created it it's a cool accessory for battle packs/multi-packs with Tatooine themes.

General_Grievous
04-05-2007, 01:06 AM
It kind of looks like Jack Black's roommate from "School of Rock".

mabudonicus
04-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm hoping that if the trend KH mentioned our discussing earlier continues, Hasbro will start making more and more REALLY cool accessories with worse and worse "Pack Ins"- like a light-up Dejarik table with a single-piece chewbacca made out of Big Red gum dyed brown...

As for Luke, I can see a sculptor showing his buddy the prototype sculpts

Sculptor- "Wanna see what I just finished??" *hands over figure and vaporator*

Friend "Damn, that's cool, but who's the guy??"

Sculptor *makes quote-marks with hands and says " it's 'Luke Skywalker'"

Friend "GET OUT!!! That's F-ing pathetic!!!" *both begian laughing*

Sculptor "Yeah, that's the point- the bosses want to see exactly how far we can push 'em- if we can sell stuff that looks nothin like the stuff in the films, we save on likeness licensing, only gotta pay for the names"

Friend "You think it'll work???"

Sculptor *points to shelf of General Greivous's* "I KNOW it will MuaHaHaHAHAAAAAAAAA"

:beard: Iso & Baws

Chux is hoping for some NICE weather today.