PDA

View Full Version : Wave 2: What you're getting/have gotten

Old Fossil
04-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I was just wondering what everyone's plans were for this wave.

I can't say it's gonna be a major milestone for my collection or anything. I plan on getting a Ceremonial Luke for my loose "Heroes of the Rebellion" figure shelf, and a carded Fett to go with my carded Concept Stormie.

The DS Trooper is a tough call. I plan to get at least 2. The problem, at least to me, is that you can see his face. This presents somewhat of an issue for army-builders. I never planned on army-building this guy, though I would have liked about 5 for my DS figure shelf.

The Rebel Honor Guard is so blase that I may only buy 1 of them.

I plan on passing on Han and pilot Biggs altogether. The Biggs is a fine figure but I already have a POTF2 Biggs, which is good enough for this character to me. I might have thought differently if Hasbro had not simply reused the Dutch Vander body, and offered another completely new pilot sculpt (a la last year's Zev Senesca).

Tycho
04-04-2007, 10:51 AM
6 Death Star Troopers to save for the one day I might be able to house a custom 7-9 ft. Star Destroyer I want to build when I have my own large house. I don't care if they all have the same headsculpt, as I plan to pose them being head-down busy at their tactical posts on the Star Destroyer, so no one will know that they'd appear to be clones.

2 Rebel Honor Guards, just because they're cool. I bought a ton of '97 Fleet Troopers back in the day, and though they are inferior, they are nostalgic for me and I want to continue using them. So I don't really NEED the Honor Guards.

2 McQuarrie Fetts, one to display with each head as I make a squad of Mandalorians for an EU scene, with Jango and Jaster Mareel (OTC Boba), along with the HS Animated Fett fighting Dooku and perhaps random Jedi from the CW 3-pack. All from the comic "Jango Fett: Open Season"

75 Han Solos I want to army build Han because I think he's a clone.

94 Luke Ceremonies - this is the perfect Luke Skywalker. He's as good as the 1995 Princess Leia so many of you so much revere.

I must have every Han and Luke figure I see.

LTBasker
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Rebel Sentry Honor Guard - Plan to buy at least 3, 1 to keep carded and 2 to stand beside each other for all time. Awwwwww. :p

Han Solo (Millennium Falcon Gunner) - At least 1, I actually find it cool looking but can't think of any reason why I would need to open one.

Luke Skywalker (Ceremony) - 2, 1 to keep carded, 1 to open.

Biggs Darklighter (X-Wing Pilot) - At least 2, 1 to keep carded, 1 to open. I may pick up a few others as background pilots.

Death Star Trooper - As many as possible.

McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett - 3. 1 to keep carded, 2 to open and each display one of the heads on. Although I wonder if they'll have variant packaging where they have the alternate head on the body like the masked/unmasked variants of HML1 IronMan. If that's the case then I'll have 4: 2 carded and 2 opened.

Dark Marble
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I am planning on getting one of each. I am out of the army building game at this point but still like having one of each new (almost new) sculpt. Plus I might see if I can get a set of coins together this year.

tagmac
04-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Just geting one of each, as I already pre-ordered a set from EE.

Kidhuman
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Probably one of each. I might pass on the Fett and SOlo though. DS Troopers, as many as I find.

DarkArtist
04-04-2007, 03:49 PM
i would like at least two of the ds trooper if not four, 2 of the honor guard, 1 han, luke, and biggs and 5 concept fett, 4 to customize ie , empire fett, jedi fett, jango, and kast

Luuuuuuke
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
One Fett and maybe 2 DS troopers. Might get one Biggs just because the removable helmet makes him meld more with the more recent crop of rebel pilots.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 06:20 PM
A friend sent me 1 of each, minus the Death Star Trooper. I plan on getting 2 of the DST, assuming I can find the sucker. The rest I doubt I'll army-build, so that'll be that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I think I'll get one of each. I want to get all the coins (and like all these figures anyway) but I'm not too keen on having a ton of extras stinking up the coin album so I doubt I'll army-build any of these. I haven't seen any of these yet; I haven't seen the McQuarrie Stormtrooper either.

I like this idea for a thread, we should keep it going with each wave.

General_Grievous
04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
One of each except McQuarrie Fett.

2-1B
04-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I have gotten none and will be getting none. I did, however, think about picking up that Vader with Coin Album today...but then I decided against it.

UKWildcat
04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I did, however, think about picking up that Vader with Coin Album today...but then I decided against it.

I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that either. Maybe if it were to make it to clearance...

I haven't found any Wave 2 figs yet, but I plan on getting only the Concept Fett and Biggs.

TheDarthVader
04-05-2007, 03:45 PM
One han, two death star troopers, two biggs, one or two lukes, one honor guard, two fetts.

JediTricks
04-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that either. Maybe if it were to make it to clearance...Same here as well. If Hasbro had picked a different figure to make #1, I might have been more inclined perhaps.

Kidhuman
04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
I still havent seen the coin album. I like the other side of thew Album for a nice wall hanging, so I would get it for that and give Vader to the kid

UKWildcat is named that because he likes the Kentucky Wildcats

abell748
04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
I will be getting at least 2 of each (1 carded and 1 opened we are collecting the coin set my wife, kids, and I) and maybe a third of the Fett Concept and Rebel Guard for displays. I just wish the Reb Guard wasn't doing the splits or what ever that wide-legged pose is supposed to be.

Kill Solo
04-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I scored a Concept Fett and a Death Star Trooper. I want many more concept Fetts. He's pretty awesome.

Snowtrooper
04-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Here is what I would like to get:

1-Luke Ceremony
1-Han Solo Gunner
1-Biggs Darklighter Pilot
2-McQuarrie Boba Fett-One to keep carded and one to open
?-Death Star Trooper-It all depends on how much I like it when I see it. If I end up liking it, I'll really army build this one.
?-Rebel Honor Guard-Same as DST.

Since I found out yesterday my wife is expecting, it may limit the amount of army building & collecting I do this year.

jjreason
04-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm fine with one of each (and I have a preorder in place with Pegger to make sure that happens) but I'll buy at least on extra of the Rebel Honor Guard and DS Trooper if I can find them. I have about 5 POTF DS Troopers kicking around here, but they're so clunky and non-poseable that I'm relieved to be getting an updated version. It's possible I'll get as many as 4 DS Troopers, but not likely. I'll know better when I get the first one in my grubby little mitts.

JediTricks
04-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, I got the set that my buddy Rick sent me.

Luke Ceremony isn't as bad as I expected, the face is still pretty off and his hair is pudding brown, but it isn't as off as the photographs suggest (though it's not right for the scene, like an amalgamation of Luke looks from the eras). His "holster" is pretty goofy, if it weren't plastic I can't see how it'd work, and it's got the wrong gun. Luke's feet are pretty big.

Han Gunner fares a little better, the likeness has some similarity to Han in that scene but the open mouth hampers that, makes it seem more cartoony. The headset is not removable from the head, but is removable from the belt. The figure's an all-new body, non-removable vest, universal-jointed shoulders, diagonal-swivel elbows (the right one is packaged rotated upside-down to get that 90 degree bend), rotating wrists, standard waist & hips, universal knees.

Biggs X-wing has a decent head, a little soft maybe but recognizable in and out of the helmet. The Gold Leader body works for Biggs' added height, but it's got dated articulation which really hampers the oddly-posed arms. The chest box is now glued into the chest, but the other aspects are just pegged. I was able to barely cram this figure into the Saga X-wing cockpit with the canopy closed all the way, but the crap arm pose pushes him off to the side something fierce - I guess this is Biggs asking Vader to wait. ;) Thankfully, his blaster is the slightly larger modern version, not that noisy cricket the Rebel Fleet Troopers in the battle pack got, but the modified the handle to be wider for some reason which I don't like as much.

Rebel Honor Guard is a boring figure with an exciting wide-stance leg pose, naturally in the movie and included movie photo he's not standing that way. He's got a ton of articulation, his face is alright for a generic guy, and his costume is fairly well detailed considering it's a drab green snorer. The holster on the right stows his rebel blaster (again, the slightly larger modern version with the widened grip) and it faces backwards in there so it's an awkward draw. The helmet is an interesting thing, it's got the clear black visor, I guess the same visor from the regular Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet but slid over his eyes, this doesn't move and doesn't cover his eyes all that well or accurately, but it gets the idea across. The helmet also has the side box, but no antenna, and on mine the chin strap won't fit in its groove and the glue meant to hold it there is barely a thread holding it in place, but it works. The pike is actually pretty cool, simple but a few sculpted details to make it not boring.

Concept Fett is amazingly cool, very Star Wars. His removable flame thing is among the very few that actually come across right thanks to paint details, material coloring, and a good sculpt. Both heads look cool on here, the less Fetty one sits a little lower than the other giving him a different look. The more Fetty helmet's targeting scope is movable, the other's is not. The blaster has a more simplistic styling that fits the concept art concept, it's shiny black with red and silver details, and fits smartly into the holster despite the unusual stock. The backpack is simple but cool, the hole on mine's back seems to have been drilled off-center but it still comes across well. The stomach gun panel is weird yet nifty, the torso lifts up on its peg to let the panel come down (on mine, the torso lifts up and off the waist completely a little too easily which makes the belt losable, but it stays when I want it to). Articulation is very good, nearly everything I'd want, and works well with the sculpt. Paint is simple but effective, there's enough gray among the white to keep it looking not too much like a clone/stormtrooper, but that was the point to begin with; on the back of his right shoulder is a proto version of his emblem.

I wasn't sent the Death Star Trooper unfortunately.

The coins' likenesses are even weaker than wave 1, Biggs is especially unrecognizable.

There's an odd issue with the universal shoulders of Luke, the Guard, and Fett, where when you lift upwards (not rotated) the sculpted hinge is set a little low and creates a small gap, it's not entirely unexpected but usually it's not 3 figures in 1 wave all suffering it.

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I don't have anything from Wave 2 yet but will get all except Luke and Han. I might even get an extra Fett or two.

Luuuuuuke
04-07-2007, 03:10 AM
I only got Biggs and the Death Star Trooper(didn't see Fett, though I have him on pre-order from BBTS). I like both of those.

I actually think the Luke looks worse in person than in the pictures. He looks like a corpse. It's not just the likeness that's off. Everything is off, the color... It's a very strange figure.

Han looked fine, but I don't want another Han. The Vintage collection Hans are pretty much perfect to me. Every other Han is uninteresting to me, unless he's in a stormie outfit.

The Honor Guard is incredibly boring. But he was incredibly boring looking in the movie.

jonthejedi
04-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Scored one of each, as that's all I need. I'm a completeist, and I don't open unless I get extras. Han was better than I expected, Luke was about as bad as I had heard. Half of this wave has "spread leg"(was this actually on Seinfeld...oh, no that was "Jimmy legs"). They will be camping out to get Fett, although I think Joe Johnston should sue, because it's more his design than anyone's(let the debate begin!). For my money, I like the Death Star Trooper the best, and I predict he will be as hard to secure as Fett.

Slicker
04-07-2007, 05:07 AM
If I can get a little help I'll get 'em all.

I've been searchin' eBay and idiots are already paying $30+ for the Fett.:rolleyes:

2-1B
04-07-2007, 08:04 AM
I've been searchin' eBay and idiots are already paying $30+ for the Fett.:rolleyes:

It's my money and I can spend it however I want.

jjreason
04-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Caesar, if you even dream of paying $30 for a McQuarrie Fett, you better wake up and apologize. :D

2-1B
04-07-2007, 10:24 AM
No, I will stick to my dreams.

Blue2th
04-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I have found this whole wave recently, and found one Fett. The only reason I lucked out is because Target was stocking toys, and I happened upon an open case, where at least the culprit left one Fett. I being the second culprit fished him out along with the other characters when nobody was looking.

Darth Cruel
04-07-2007, 11:20 AM
The problem, at least to me, is that you can see his face. This presents somewhat of an issue for army-builders.

Not for all army builders. I have embraced the clone heritage of the Imperial Troops. And I will be building the heck out of him provided that he meets the articulation requirements of my army-building.

Jargo
04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
if i buy any it'll be the DST x2 and rebel guard x4.

biggs i'll buy just to keep the pilots quota up.

Solo I have no falcon for but if hasbro ever issue a brand new sculpt on it it'll make having this solo worthwhile so I may buy it.

fett doesn't interest me.

luke is a pice of carp however, if I ever see one on clearance i may buy it and use it as a custom fodder figure.

jamesbondo07
04-07-2007, 01:46 PM
I will get two of each. One to keep on card and one to open. I might get one more Rebel Guard and Boba Fett if I can find them.

Kill Solo
04-07-2007, 03:37 PM
For those of you that are going to buy one to open and keep one carded, aren't you really going to end up buying three of them? Since the Concept Fett comes with 2 different heads, you will probably want a second one to open to sport the 2nd head.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll get them all and get at least one extra Death Star Trooper and Rebel Guard. I might get an extra Fett because I'm thinking of having a carded collection of the McQuarrie figures. I'm opening most of everything else these days.

Jaff
04-07-2007, 09:39 PM
I will get them all. The figs are so nice this year. I picked up Han today, and I plan to get 2 or 3 Death Star Troopers and 2 Yavin Guards.

Tycho
04-08-2007, 01:55 PM
No, I will stick to my dreams.

Caesar, I dreamt I had a pet iguana that climbed onto the ceiling somehow, then fell and broke his pelvis. I couldn't afford wave 2 because I had to take him to the emergency animal clinic and pay for surgery. :rolleyes:

Don't buy an iguana if you want to be able to get Wave 2.

Old Fossil
04-08-2007, 04:49 PM
luke is a pice of carp however, if I ever see one on clearance i may buy it and use it as a custom fodder figure.

I wonder if the bad head on that thing could be swapped out for a different existing Luke head. VTSC Luke pilot, maybe?... Even the VOTC farmboy Luke head might be an improvement.

Rogue II
04-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Right now, I'm planning on getting one of each except for the Concept figure. I may or may not pick up a second Rebel Guard and DST.

Why did they give Ceremonial Luke that particular hair color?

jedi master sal
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Her'es what I'm planning on for this wave:
1-Luke Ceremony
1-Han Solo Gunner
1-Biggs Darklighter Pilot
3-McQuarrie Boba Fett-One to keep carded and two to open (one for each helmet)
20+-Death Star Trooper (Shooting for 20 minimum, then we'll see from there.)
30+-Rebel Honor Guard (Looking to build these up for the medal ceremony diorama, which by the way WILL have Chewbacca receiving the medal as well! Not movie accurate, but it's what should have been damnit!)

Of this I already have:
1-Luke Ceremony
1-Han Solo Gunner
2-Death Star Trooper
1-Rebel Honor Guard

-Sal

El Chuxter
04-10-2007, 10:39 AM
(Looking to build these up for the medal ceremony diorama, which by the way WILL have Chewbacca receiving the medal as well! Not movie accurate, but it's what should have been damnit!)

Why not save that for an MTV Movie Awards diorama?

JediTricks
04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Why did they give Ceremonial Luke that particular hair color?They've been using it a lot the past decade, the POTJ Luke X-wing had it. It's not entirely inaccurate, Luke's blonde hair is pretty dark in that part of the film, but where they go wrong every time is by just dropping a big bulk of brown paint on there instead of using a thin wash of it to show lighter highlights. When I first got that POTJ Luke, I took sandpaper to his head, it was crude and sloppy but it still worked better than Hasbro's pudding-hair.

jedi master sal
04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Why not save that for an MTV Movie Awards diorama?

Because MTV wasn't in the movie...heh heh

Mad Slanted Powers
04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I say that Chewbacca got a medal. They just didn't have anyone tall enough to put it on him. You know, the narrator (Roscoe Lee Browne) on the Story of Star Wars tape I have describes Chewbacca in that scene as being confused.

UKWildcat
04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I did, however, think about picking up that Vader with Coin Album today...but then I decided against it.

I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that either. Maybe if it were to make it to clearance...

Same here as well. If Hasbro had picked a different figure to make #1, I might have been more inclined perhaps.

Went by Target today and noticed that they clearanced the Darth Vader coin album to $6.98. I still didn't bite. If it drops any lower then I will definitely pick one up.

JON9000
04-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I still haven't seen any of these!!! :upset:

figrin bran
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Thus far, out in the wild as some would say, i've only seen 1 Han and 1 Luke. didn't buy either. I'll have to check if the Vader coin albums have lowered in price as i'll definitely bite on them if they're $7 or less.

Tycho
04-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Han and Luke suck bad. I've seen them at Wal-Mart. Grrrr. You couldn't PAY ME to add that Luke to my collection!

El Chuxter
04-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Saw the Luke, Han, and DST yesterday.

Why are Han and Luke new sculpts that are so much worse than figures from a decade ago?

I was on the fence about the DST, but figured he may be tough to get later if I change my mind. I'm not too pleased with the purchase, and am thinking of taking him back. He looks like butt.

Old DST (http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2dstrooperfr1.jpg)

All they needed to do was fix his arms, give him a properly-scaled weapon, and change the legs so he's not running. Instead, they did this weird, inaccurate texturing thing on his outfit, and we get the new DST (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TAC13DSThelmfr.jpg).

Kidhuman
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Dude, he looks like he is holding in a crap

El Chuxter
04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
As opposed to the new one, who looks more like a Ping-Pong from Spaceballs than an Imperial soldier.

Edit: I thought KH was complaining about the old one. The new one looks like a Ping-Pong in his oversized helmet, holding in a crap. And it's a doozy. We're talking a Cheryl on Curb "Let me out of this car wash; I'm about to explode" crap.

Tycho
04-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Oooh. Maybe it wasn't such a bright idea to order 6 of those...

Thanks for the pics Chuxter. I'm disappointed in Hasbro (I think).

BTW: note how the new Comic 2 pack figs are of such higher quality. What's the conspiracy here?

Luuuuuuke
04-26-2007, 01:55 PM
I have seen all of them except for Boba Fett. But I have not some of wave 2 more than two or three times.

Battle Droid
04-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Plan on getting them all, haven't seen any of them.:(

DarthQuack
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I like the look of the DST without seeing his face, makes him look pretty dark and cool.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
My DST doesn't seem to look that bad. I did notice at first that his eyes seem to be looking up, almost like they are rolling back in his head, but it doesn't look that bad to me. A far better figure than the old one in my opinion.

JediTricks
04-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I got 2 of the Death Star Troopers earlier in the week when I got a solid score at TRU. The figure is decent, but way too tall, the gun is wrong (though they painted that stormtrooper barrel with a slight silver weathering which looks nice), and the eyes are painted looking upwards which is ridiculous. The elbow and knee joints are a little obvious and poofy, but the knee ones are meant to look that way due to the design of the pants.

Went by Target today and noticed that they clearanced the Darth Vader coin album to $6.98. I still didn't bite. If it drops any lower then I will definitely pick one up.That's almost low enough for me to go for it.

I was on the fence about the DST, but figured he may be tough to get later if I change my mind. I'm not too pleased with the purchase, and am thinking of taking him back. He looks like butt.

Old DST (http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2dstrooperfr1.jpg)

All they needed to do was fix his arms, give him a properly-scaled weapon, and change the legs so he's not running. Instead, they did this weird, inaccurate texturing thing on his outfit, and we get the new DST (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TAC13DSThelmfr.jpg).That is such an unfair comparison, that RS picture doesn't show the figure posed in any way and the hard lighting from above covers the face way more than realistic, and over-highlights the outfit texturing. Is it perfect? No. But is it as bad as you're making it out? I cannot see how.

El Chuxter
04-26-2007, 11:35 PM
That is such an unfair comparison, that RS picture doesn't show the figure posed in any way and the hard lighting from above covers the face way more than realistic, and over-highlights the outfit texturing. Is it perfect? No. But is it as bad as you're making it out? I cannot see how.

Yeah, it's unfair, but those were the closest to comparable pics I found. :)

I've compared the new one (still packaged) to the old one. I just can't get excited about the new version.

figrin bran
04-26-2007, 11:58 PM
BTW: note how the new Comic 2 pack figs are of such higher quality. What's the conspiracy here?

Yes, i've definitely noticed. i linked those pics, remember? ;)

here's one theory...because there are fewer figures in the Comics line than the regular TAC line, they are able to spend more to give each of the comics figures better sculpting and articulation. obviously TAC has more figures and so the total spent on those is higher but because there are so many in that line, the money gets spread thin and they can't make every figure SA.

Battle Droid
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Found them all today except for Biggs and the Honor Guard.

jjreason
04-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I got one of each today thanks to Pegger. The skin tone on the human characters is REALLY pale.... they look like they have malaria. I love Biggs though, bloody hell I love Biggs. :love:

Ji'dai
04-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I have two Concept Fetts and a Rebel Honor Guard. Would like to get at least one more Honor Guard so they flank each other on the shelf.

I've been tempted to get the TAC DST a few times, but I have a couple of the POTF2 version. POFT2 seems to get a bad rap from collectors, but I still like many of them.

I'm still on the fence about X-Wing Biggs. I'd definitely buy a cut-scene caped Biggs though, no doubt about it.

bigbarada
04-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, they restocked a ton of Saga2 figures this morning, kind of a mishmash of several different waves. I did see the first AT-AT Driver on the pegs in almost a year AND they finally fixed his backwards pelvis problem, so I picked one up.

About Wave 2, they must have stocked it because I found one Luke Ceremony and nothing else. He's actually not as bad as everyone is claiming, IMHO. His likeness isn't very Mark Hamill-ish, but it does make me think of what this figure's face might have looked like if he had been released in the late-70s.

Also, it might sound wierd, but I LOVE the Vader lightsaber hilt on his belt. It's a mistake that was made way back in 1979, and it's hilarious to see it still showing up now.:D I don't think it's a mistake, I think it's a nod to the vintage line.

Anyways, it's a cool figure with way more articulation than I was expecting, plus it's probably my favorite Luke outfit from the movies.

Other than concept Fett, not much else from this wave is really getting my attention.

jedi master sal
04-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Got two more Death Star Troopers.

DarkArtist
05-04-2007, 08:37 PM
finally picked up some of the figures of wave 2. got 4 death star troopers, 2 rebel sentrys, 1 han solo, 1 luke skywalker, 1 biggs and all the figures rang up at $5.00 a pop.

figrin bran
05-05-2007, 12:39 AM
I finally got a Rebel Honor Guard the other day. I still have yet to see Biggs, DST or the McFett.

Old Fossil
05-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Well, they restocked a ton of Saga2 figures this morning, kind of a mishmash of several different waves. I did see the first AT-AT Driver on the pegs in almost a year AND they finally fixed his backwards pelvis problem, so I picked one up.

I saw that, too; and to my horror they seemed to have also received a couple of General Rieekans that will dry-rot on the pegs with the two from a year ago!!!

Love those AT-AT Drivers, though!:yes:

jjreason
05-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I bought an extra Honour Guard after opening mine and realizing he's pretty good. I might get an extra DS Trooper as well, but only if I happen upon a couple of them hanging there.

Snowtrooper
05-05-2007, 02:53 PM
My brother managed to snag me a McBoba and two DST along with a Han gunner and Luke Ceremony at Wal-Mart yesterday. He also picked up a V-Wing and a Sith Infiltrator. I'm not sure if I want the Infiltrator or not, since I've heard alot of bad things about it. He was going to open up his and let me know what he thought.

I did receive my order from HTS a few days ago. It was supposed to contain 5 Rebel Honor Guards. Instead, they sent me 5 TSC General Greivous's.

Old Fossil
05-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I did receive my order from HTS a few days ago. It was supposed to contain 5 Rebel Honor Guards. Instead, they sent me 5 TSC General Greivous's.

That would be funny, if it didn't suck. Are they going to correct the error?

Tycho
05-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh man. That is funny. I'm always mistaking General Grievous for a Jawa actually. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that would eat at me just for the inconvenience of it.

I received my box of 6 DSTs and 2 RHGs today. Now I just need to track down 2 Fetts. Yeah right.

pegger
05-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I did get 1 of each - and got an extra Fett (so 2 in total). Like to get one more carded...

Also would like 2 more DSTs. Don't like the POTF ones at all.

Snowtrooper
05-06-2007, 12:04 AM
That would be funny, if it didn't suck. Are they going to correct the error?

I'd be more upset if I had ordered McBoba's and gotten these instead. The RHG shouldn't be too hard to pick up elsewhere.

I'll have to wait and see if they fix the problem. I filled out a return form to send back with the items. They also sent a postage due mailing label for the box if you needed to return items, so that was nice. I've been told they have good customer service, so I guess I'll find out.

This is the first time they messed up an order for me. I've had really good luck with their website, up to this point. Someone probably misread the number and packaged the wrong items because the invoice listed 5 Rebel Honor Guards.

Bosskman
05-06-2007, 06:35 AM
I got one of each of them (except for Fett who I can't find yet) I want 2 Fetts, 2 more DSTs and one more Honor Guard.

JON9000
05-06-2007, 08:54 AM
I still haven't seen any of these figures. It appears Wal-mart did manage to restock SAGA figures. Oh, joy. :upset: I refuse to go on a dedicated hunt with gas at $3.

General_Grievous
05-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I finally found this wave today. Finally. After restocking Saga figures, Target finally put this wave out. I picked up all but the McBoba (who wasn't there, but I didn't want him anyway).

figrin bran
05-12-2007, 02:00 AM
The helmet strap on my Rebel Honor Guard broke. Just beware when you're trying to remove the helmet as the strap is quite thin and can break off easily.

Luuuuuuke
05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I only found McFett Thursday because I'm on vacation and on a whim I stopped at a Target at 10:30 a.m., and as luck would have it, they stocked late. It was like Saturn, Mars and the Moon friggin' aligned or something. I got the two that were there. I'm skipping the Rebel Honor Guard, Luke and Han. Got one each of Biggs and the DST.

Tycho
05-13-2007, 04:47 AM
Hey, when is the next big planetary allignment so that I know when to shop?

waboritas
05-13-2007, 07:22 AM
KB has a 2 for $10 sale for basic figs. going on through 5/20. They had one was one just opened case of Wave 2 C still in the box (2 pegs they had were full of Leia Bousch). I picked up my second McFett and McStormie passed on a second Death Star Trooper. I have yet to see a Rebel Honor Guard anywhere. This was my last stop after hitting 3 Targets and a WM, all of which I came up with a Vader coin album for $4.98 as I thought I might go home empty handed. I am ordering Waves 3 and 4 from Starwarssop.com, as I don't have time for these wild goose chases.

jamesbondo07
05-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I found two of each figure and three boba fetts. I still want one more honor guard and I will be set.

Snowtrooper
05-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Just a little update on my snafu with HTS. I sent back the 5 Grievous's they mistakenly sent me and received the 5 Honor Guards that I had origionally ordered, no hassles or long waits. So their customer service gets a thumbs up from me.

DarkArtist
05-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Finally after searching 30 stores for weeks since Wave 2 hit the pegs I am now the proud owner of a Concept Boba Fett. Now if I could only get three more for customizing I will be set.

SplFrcsCWO
05-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I found some of this wave yesterday. I passed on Han & Luke and bought X-wing Biggs & Rebel Honor Guard. The stance of the RHG is absurd. Had I been able to see this prior to purchase I would have passed on it, too.

UKWildcat
05-28-2007, 02:33 PM
The only one I ended up getting from this wave was the concept Fett.

Tycho
05-28-2007, 02:55 PM

That's the only one of this wave (2) that I haven't found yet.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-28-2007, 03:00 PM

That's the only one of this wave (2) that I haven't found yet.Same here. I'd also like to find a second Rebel Honor Guard.

SplFrcsCWO
05-28-2007, 03:07 PM
The concept figures do absolutely nothing for me. I thought that if any would catch my eye, it would be Fett. Didn't happen...

UKWildcat
05-28-2007, 07:32 PM
That's the only one of this wave (2) that I haven't found yet.Same here. I'd also like to find a second Rebel Honor Guard.

I didn't really "find" mine either... jonthejedi hooked me up with it. :p I've actually never seen any of the Concept figures on the shelves; not a one.:(