PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Hero single packs?(merged)

El Chuxter
04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=34687

Hmmm....

On the one hand, if they do this right, it could be a way to army-build or to get figures that were only offered with other previously-released figures (eg, the Shadow Stormtrooper or Mace's Clonetrooper from those massive sets).

The first three: Battle Droid, Clonetrooper, Bossk.

Bossk?

Okay, seriously. Who in Rhode Island is sleeping with Bossk? There is some insane lizard loving going on there.

The Battle Droid and Clonetrooper I can see. But that Bossk, well, he's not an army builder, and he was released with a new, unique figure before. He's going to pegwarm worse than that Titanium Bossk.

I fear this decision could spell the beginning of the end for our beloved Galactic Heroes. And we still don't have a Qui-Gon. :(

Droid
04-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I think the problem is that this:

I don't really see any specific GH set peg warming. I think usually between the two figures kids usually want at least one of the figures enough to buy the set. And the two pack has built in play value.

I worry these one packs will peg warm as kids isolate a figure they don't want so you just see figure after figure of the same set not selling.

Lando might have peg warmed, but not when packed in with Bespin Luke. Dengar might not have sold too well, but pack him in with Boba Fett...

I think this is a mistake.

Tycho
04-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Other than for army building a few troopers, is this really necessary?

Troopers / Droids could have been done in the army building 2-pack format.

Tycho
04-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I started a thread about this in the "Other SW section." It probably happened simultaneously with this thread.

My point echo'd everyone else's (Chux and Droid's). But in so much as army building, why not release Clone / Droid 2-packs some more, or make Clone / Clone and Droid / Droid 2-packs? That would take care of that.

Kidhuman
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I think it isnt needed, but it will help with buying the same lame Yoda over and over. I just hope they dont sell them for 5 bucks a peice

bigbarada
04-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Bossk?

Okay, seriously. Who in Rhode Island is sleeping with Bossk? There is some insane lizard loving going on there.

lol I see Hasbro is still getting my "Bossk-fund" donations. :p

Maybe they'll at least give him a better paint job.

Rocketboy
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I think this could be a great idea.
If they pack popular characters, then I'm all for it.
I'd like a Leia and Obi-Wan, but have held off because I really don't want to get another Darth Vader/whomever.

skywalters
04-21-2007, 01:31 AM
This is dumb IMO. They need to concentrate more on the vehicles and ships!!

Tycho
04-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I thought I'd read somewhere that the single-packs would be sold at discount outlets instead of their regular retailers. (Factory 2 You, Dollar Tree Stores, etc.) So it may not be as interfering as we thought.

JediTricks
04-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah, Big Lots & such get the single packs, but it's kind of a waste of efforts when new vehicles would give this line a real shot in the arm - Hasbro doesn't see it that way because the X-wing and Falcon tanked, but those 2 were timed wrong and marketed wrong and they weren't new to the core audience.

skywalters
04-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Yeah, Big Lots & such get the single packs, but it's kind of a waste of efforts when new vehicles would give this line a real shot in the arm - Hasbro doesn't see it that way because the X-wing and Falcon tanked, but those 2 were timed wrong and marketed wrong and they weren't new to the core audience.

Yeah...looks at how much the X-Wing and Falcon are going for on ebay now. It's crazy! If they came out with a Tie Fighter tomorrow, I'd buy like 10 of them. :)

2-1B
04-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Shame really, that they feel that way, because it would really help the line to get more vehicles out there. Both boxed sets of larger ships as well as carded packs of smaller rigs and beasts.

JediTricks
04-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah...looks at how much the X-Wing and Falcon are going for on ebay now. It's crazy! If they came out with a Tie Fighter tomorrow, I'd buy like 10 of them. :)
I hadn't realized there was an after-market interest for those! Looks like the only G.Heroes vehicles that really tanked all the way were those stupid transforming ones that were just reused from an altogether different (non-SW) Playskool line.

Tycho
04-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Well no one asked for those. We wanted "real" movie vehicle toys - like Slave-One, the AT-AT, a Gunship, etc.

Rocketboy
04-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Any idea when these are supposed to hit stores?

Kidhuman
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
I think early summer

skywalters
05-06-2007, 12:15 AM
I think early summer

I live in Arizona...it IS early summer!! :-)

(does that mean I'll get them earlier?)

Rocketboy
10-15-2007, 11:10 PM
So ummm...yeah...anyone find anything yet?

Kidhuman
10-16-2007, 06:10 AM
To quote a line in Spaceballs:

"We aint found sh*t"

El Chuxter
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Not that I want to, but no. I go to Big Lots pretty regularly, especially since the frigging DC Cyborg Superman apparently is an exclusive to them and I still don't have it.

sjd9299
11-04-2007, 10:11 PM
So has anyone found the single packs yet? I have seen a few on Ebay.

it looks like they are going to single pack the small Unleashed figures and sell them through discount stores too. I just saw them on Rebel Scum and they had Dollar General stickers on them.

Rocketboy
11-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I saw the single Unleashed crap today, but still nothing on the GH.

fyifoff
03-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I couldn't find these in the stores, so I got a case from online. the people at the dollar store said they sold like hot cakes. The case has a chase, which is lame.

Kidhuman
03-22-2008, 05:38 PM
What is the chase?

fyifoff
03-22-2008, 08:56 PM
What is the chase?

the case has the following:

chase figures

1 bossk
1 red battle droid

2 green clone tropper
2 c3po
2 hoth han solo
2 rotj luke skywalker
2 chewbacca

3 darth vader

I know that they market certain things to collects, but they make it rather hard for you to get what you are looking for. With shipping I paid clost to 3 dollars a piece rather then 2, but i hit dollar stores in several states from NC to MA. So after not seeing them in the store I ordered the case.

When I ordered my stargate action figures. case 1 has a case, and an unpainted. I wanted two of each figure for 150 a case. Then to get the mail away you need 5 different figure upc's. ( i emailed to make sure) cause i wasn't going to my one and only general oneil, luicky i had to exculisve figures, so i took the email and mailed it in with the ups's. i got two figures in the mail.

i enjoy hunting, but some figures seem to never hit the store shelves but once. meaning you miss them it's order a case or ebay...