PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Rumor List

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
GH (http://www.galactichunter.com/blogger/) is at it again with their predictions. I'd never even heard of a few of those characters, but several of them would be sweet. I seriously doubt they'd be doing three rebel pilots in one year, and there's an overly heavy focus on Tatooine, so I doubt this list is 100% correct (especially since there have been several mistakes in years past).

I hope we at least get the Funeral Pyre Vader, though.

Slicker
04-06-2007, 08:05 PM
To me it seems to be just another wet dream.

Alot of those names are from the SWCCG from back in the day.

Darth Cruel
04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Well...it IS a guess list.

I will be surprised to get a Yarna...ever, let alone as soon as next year. But I will be happy for the Yarna camp in solidarity despite my own gut-wrenching revulsion at the meer thought of all of that cellulite and those flesh folds getting immortalized in plastic.

2-1B
04-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I heard we are getting Yarna, Willrow Hood, Pellas Scrambled, Charred Owen and Beru, and Biggs re-released with his cape this time (like they should have done the first time).

Kidhuman
04-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Believe it when I see em in stores.

Caesar is Bob Barkers lost child

Jargo
04-07-2007, 11:03 AM
ooh yes and don't forget the george lucas in 1975 plaid and flannels exclusive. or the 75 feet long star destroyer playset. or real live sarlacc that hasbro has been secretly growing in their rhode island laboratories......

El Chuxter
04-08-2007, 01:48 AM
If the list is accurate, it would be the start of a dream-come-true year.

Which is why I don't believe we'll get more than a couple of them at most. :(

Phantom-like Menace
04-08-2007, 07:22 AM
I'd only be interested in Tiree, Hobbie, Arvel Crynyd, and Sgt. Doallyn in figures, but the rumored battlepacks with a new Imp speederbike sound awesome, and I'm up for any clones they make.

DarkArtist
04-08-2007, 08:52 AM
too early to say since we still have some figures that have yet to be shown out of the 60 new ones for 2007. We already know that the Force Unleashed series was pushed back to 2008 and some of the figures mentioned like Funeral Vader and Yarna remind me of the cruel April Fool's joke by Hasbro last year.

Rogue II
04-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Its a cool list, but its unlike Hasbro to make that many new aliens in one year.

That is a lot of carded rebel pilots. A rebel pilot battlepack similar to the Death Star Briefing set would make more sense. They could use existing X-wing pilot's bodies and give them new heads. Isn't there an A-wing pilot on this year's rumor list, already?

The Tattoine creature pack sounds far fetched, but an Imperial Biker Scout back would be cool.

A new Tusken Raider is needed. I still think the POTJ version is the best, but it has limited articulation.

General_Grievous
04-08-2007, 01:19 PM
I can definitely see some of those being made next year, especially the Ak-Rev, since we're already getting one half of the drum with Umpass-Stay.

Kidhuman
04-08-2007, 05:55 PM
A new Tusken Raider is needed. I still think the POTJ version is the best, but it has limited articulation.

The VTSC Tusken is the best one yet. I dont think a new one is needed.

El Chuxter is boycotting the VTAC line.

Rogue II
04-08-2007, 06:38 PM
The VTSC Tusken is the best one yet. I dont think a new one is needed.

I don't like how the soft goods look, and the VTSC Tusken I opened arms keep falling off at the elbow.

Kidhuman was the 299nd Spartan, but when he got out of line to take a leak, 2 others cut in front of him.

Old Fossil
04-08-2007, 07:03 PM
GH's predictions are usually pretty accurate. Unfortunate, since most of what they listed will increase the line's bore factor 66%. Yarna, fine; she's been on fan's want lists for years. But Yoxgit??? Sgt. Doallyn? Give me a break. Nobody's been clamoring for those. Might as well make more Vaders. At least Vader sells.

Kidhuman
04-08-2007, 09:17 PM
GH's predictions are usually pretty accurate. Unfortunate, since most of what they listed will increase the line's bore factor 66%. Yarna, fine; she's been on fan's want lists for years. But Yoxgit??? Sgt. Doallyn? Give me a break. Nobody's been clamoring for those. Might as well make more Vaders. At least Vader sells.

Sgt Doallyn has been on many wants list years. He mad both Tycho's and mine and Dindaes polls. Alot of people will be happy to see him made.

Tycho celebrated a false easter today

Rogue II
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Sgt Doallyn has been on many wants list years. He mad both Tycho's and mine and Dindaes polls. Alot of people will be happy to see him made.

How true. As far as Jabba's Palace characters go, Sgt Doallyn is only behind Yarna on my want list.

Jets&Heels taught Johnathan Vilma how to tackle.

Droid
04-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I think that GH's predictions are often wrong. I can't believe we would get 7 Jabba's Palace and 3 cantina charters in a year (and no Bom Vidim who people kind of assume is coming?)

It would be a truly great group of figures. Hope we see them.

Jargo
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
oh come on. anyone who has access to a column on a website can throw a list out there as if it's halfway official then add on the end that nothing is confirmed or set in stone. might just as well list every damn character from the entire six movies and all the eu and say it's a possible for next year.
it's just some jumped up geek playing games and it's really grating.
what the hell is the point of muttering about 2008 anyway when we're still only just into the second quarter of this year and trying to figure out what the year end has in store.
GH and that scum site are just so obsessed with oneupmanship they'll scrape any barrel to get hits.

Old Fossil
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
oh come on. anyone who has access to a column on a website can throw a list out there as if it's halfway official then add on the end that nothing is confirmed or set in stone. might just as well list every damn character from the entire six movies and all the eu and say it's a possible for next year.
it's just some jumped up geek playing games and it's really grating.
what the hell is the point of muttering about 2008 anyway when we're still only just into the second quarter of this year and trying to figure out what the year end has in store.
GH and that scum site are just so obsessed with oneupmanship they'll scrape any barrel to get hits.

Didn't one of the Adamses who run the site work with EE and Hasbro on the Clone and Astromech exclusive packs? They may still have connections in the know.

Jargo
04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
so maybe he got hold of a diamond wholesale catalogue for retailers. if that's the case then whoopee doo. Diamond are reknowned for being innaccurate and printing product lists that aren't finalised. like the early tentative possible maybe lists that circulate hasbro internally.
it doesn't matter. the point is this so called list is a waste of time and merely serves to act as a show of ego self stroking. it's tedious to keep seeing these hokey lists time and time again. i'd sooner whoever this assclown is shut his mouth until there's concrete news worth wasting a page of the internet on.
rumour leads to misguided belief and that leads to disappointment. therefore the rumour spreader is responsible for that disappointment. Nobody wants rumour. people want facts. don't pretend that because you work for EE it makes you some sort of god. *rhetorical*
the reason I come to this site is precisely because there's no stupid mindgame playing like you get with GH and the scum place. there's no ego stroking here. just factual news. not cruddy hearsay and supposition.

mark2d2
04-15-2007, 06:42 PM
In the past thought, GH has been pretty on target in my opinion.

Yarna would be cool indeed. But by far the list's true standout is WED-15 "Septoid 2." For I have wanted that most unusual droid for the longest time. If this comes to pass, then I shall be one happy camper...

maatu
04-15-2007, 07:02 PM
i kind of have not been collecting anything. lately. but it would be cool for hasbro to suprise us.

2-1B
04-15-2007, 07:29 PM
How true. As far as Jabba's Palace characters go, Sgt Doallyn is only behind Yarna on my want list.

Which character is the Sgt ?

Jargo
04-15-2007, 08:15 PM
he's the one in the light grey jumpsuit with the black hemet. Leia pushes him into the windchime as she enters the throne room pulling Chewie behind her. he's also on the second skiff.

Kidhuman
04-15-2007, 08:16 PM
HE is the one Cheiwe throws down the stairs when he comes in with Boushh

Jargo
04-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Leia - Chewie. who cares lol it's that bit of the movie anyway.

2-1B
04-15-2007, 09:06 PM
cool, thanks MDP. I never got a good look at the guy who was tossed aside so that's interesting and I certainly never realized that he was on a skiff. I suppose he's easy to miss since Pote Snitkin was hard to miss, too.

BoShek
04-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Must get Doallyn ... I wanted a figure of him for so long!

Jargo
04-20-2007, 10:04 AM
that 'scum' site has a rumour list up of vehicles. tie bomber, arc 170, at-rt, just re-issues really. nothing to get excited about and probably the sort of list that gets thrown around by hasbro people all the time.

re-issue/re-deco. throw in a couple of similarly done up figures. there ya go. if you like that sort of thing it'll be exactly the sort of thing you'll like.

whateva!

DarthQuack
04-20-2007, 10:10 AM
It's amazing to see how many figures they can actually make, so many characters...

Jargo
04-20-2007, 10:16 AM
.......left unmade.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2007, 04:25 PM
I didn't get the AT-RT or ARC-170 the first time around so I'll probably check these out.

Jargo
04-20-2007, 07:15 PM
if they've taken the walking electronic mechanism out of the at-rt and changed the feet so they're more movie accurate then i might think about it. I do like that vehicle. not interested in fighter craft though. especially not ones with GI JOE like paint apps.

so to speculate upon the alleged Star Wars AT-RT Assault Squad @ $24.99. what could it contain? perhaps one AT-RT with driver and a couple of appropriately painted Kashyyk clones. or perhaps like the saleucami battle pack with speederbikes it'll have two AT-RT's with drivers. I mean two of those equals one AT-ST right? I'd say it's more likely to be one vehicle and some figures. A vehicle I'd like and some figures for the trash.
however it doesn't state that the pack will have an AT-RT, just that it's an assault squad. so it could be a bunch of figures and nothing more. same as a speeder bike assault squad could just be a bunch of scout troopers. essentially just a troop builder pack.
it has piqued my interest though. unlike the other items mentioned.

TIE bomber - Had one. It was boring. Gave it away.
ARC-170 - Too ugly and weird shaped. doesn't look like it belongs in star wars.
ARC-170 figure battle pack - perhaps the droid might be intersting if one is included.

though as this is just another rumour list. I'm not buying into it 'til I see pictures.

i'm just bored and passing time.

Jargo
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Noticed a couple of 2-packs on the www.r2dtoys.com (http://www.r2dtoys.com) site.
Lt. Jundland and Lt. Shan (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=comic&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2539) EU comic book.
EU: Stormtrooper disguise Mouse and Abel (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=eu%20stromtrooper&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2596). (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=eu%20stromtrooper&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2596)

Lt. Jundland is Luke in Imperial disguise
Shan is Deena Shan also in Imperial disguise.

Mouse is a Duros agent of the rebellion gunned down in a sabotage attempt on an Imperial base on Jabim.
Able is a clonetrooper who served under Shaak-Ti. Apparently he was lost on some planet for many years and got caught up in the rebellion after Luke Skywalker rescued him from Imperials who mistook Able for a rebel.

So two stormie disguise rebels - one human and one Duros. Plus Luke and Deena dressed as Imperial officers. and two comic books. presumably EMPIRE 'The wrong side of the war'.

jedi master sal
04-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Noticed a couple of 2-packs on the www.r2dtoys.com (http://www.r2dtoys.com) site.
Lt. Jundland and Lt. Shan (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=comic&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2539) EU comic book.
EU: Stormtrooper disguise Mouse and Abel (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=eu%20stromtrooper&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2596). (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=eu%20stromtrooper&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2596)

Lt. Jundland is Luke in Imperial disguise
Shan is Deena Shan also in Imperial disguise.

Mouse is a Duros agent of the rebellion gunned down in a sabotage attempt on an Imperial base on Jabim.
Able is a clonetrooper who served under Shaak-Ti. Apparently he was lost on some planet for many years and got caught up in the rebellion after Luke Skywalker rescued him from Imperials who mistook Able for a rebel.

So two stormie disguise rebels - one human and one Duros. Plus Luke and Deena dressed as Imperial officers. and two comic books. presumably EMPIRE 'The wrong side of the war'.

OOOh I'm all over this wave too!

I'll buy several of the Luke/Shan packs. LOTS of customizing possibilities with the Luke. A simple Head swap and BAM instant generic Imperial LT.'s!
Shan I'll probably just paint the head/hair differently, maybe swap a head or two.

The other set is kinda niche, but I'm get at least one, maybe two of them.

Hmm, Damn, Hasbro for all this extra stuff. I never thought I'd be into EU as much as it appears I'm going to be. I've read the novels and many of the comics, but for the most part never really thought about having figures made from them with some rare exceptions.

-Sal

Jargo
04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
of course these listings may have come about as a result of tentative schedule lists given to suppliers, they may not happen. but r2dtoys has been very reliable on lots of early listings before.

I'd hope that the rank insignias were tweaked to match movie imperials. But if that female Imperial from the Force unleashed line is anything to go by Deena Shan could look ok. if she matches. The Duros with a stormtrooper helmet could look a bit funky but in the story the fact he looked odd in the uniform was what gave him away to the Imperials. so if the helmet didn't fit and just sat weirdly it'd be accurate. If they use the Ellors madak head or keep to that scale it should accomodate a helmet.

I don't particularly care for the story behind the characters but I'm all for Imperials and especially officers.