PDA

View Full Version : Take a Cue from Wizards of the West Coast

DarkArtist
04-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Dear Hasbro,

First let me say that this is in no way a letter bashing any of the choices you have made in regards to figures or vehicles etc. However while there are numerous characters that fans have been asking for for years ie (Yarna, ICMG, DS II Luke, Crispy Owen and Beru, Funeral Pyre Vader etc), there are characters that have seen the light of day in plastic thanks to Wizards of the West Coast Miniatures game.

Now while I wouold not want to tell you how to make your future assortments or waves of product, I wouold like to point out the possibility of taking a page from their book and creating some of the characters / vehicles they have produced into your future product waves.

For example some of the characters they have created are figures that can be easily reproduced using various kitbashed pieces from other characters. this can be accomplished by using some of the alien species that roam the galaxy and given them new looks ie "the Bith Black Sun Vigo" All this figure would require would be the use Cantina Band figure with a new molded or soft goods cloak and some balsters.

Other ideas are releasing the Aerial Clone Trooper which a SA AOTC clone trooper is equipted with a new style jet-pack.

As far as vehicles and such how about a X-1 Viper War Droid from the Dark Empire Comics or a Basilisk War Droid or even a or the ISP Speeder. Fans would buy these in multiples. I know this is alot of EU to make but I believe even some of the fans who are not lovers of the EU will purchase these. At least think about it.

El Chuxter
04-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Dude, I have no idea who the Bith in question is, but I'd kill to have him in the 3.75" scale.

jjreason
04-08-2007, 09:43 AM
It's actually Neo from the Matrix miniatures collectible game - they have a "Halloween Neo" (piece #75), he's wearing a Bith mask!

pbarnard
04-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Actually don't take cues from your subsidiary. They've mismanaged the Star Wars line beyond all recognition. They can't decide between publishing a Role Playing Game, and are continually are the worst performer of all Hasbro divisions. The Minis game has shoddy distribution, and some how is going be the center piece of SW RPG v3, which now instead of being Dungeons and Dragons set in Star Wars, will be d20 Modern set in Star Wars; besides, shouldn't the centerpiece/selling point of any RPG be the game play possibilities? Also, the method of having something be a collectible with a set value to begin with, seems a bit strange.

As to the Black Sun Vigo mini, seen about 5 custom versions not in that pose to date.