PDA

View Full Version : A Star Wars - Easter Connection

Mad Slanted Powers
04-08-2007, 11:33 PM
So, before I went to my parents today for Easter dinner, I happened to be watching a little bit of Jesus of Nazareth on History Channel. This was a miniseries from 1977. When Balthazar was speaking, I recognized the voice as James Earl Jones. I double checked online and indeed it was him. I then was looking up more info on the woman who played Mary, mother of Jesus. Her name is Olivia Hussey. Amongst her credits are voice work on a couple of Star Wars video games. She did a couple of voices on Force Commander, and was the voice of Kasan Moor in Rogue Squadron. So, two people with a Star Wars connection appeared in this show which originally aired shortly before the original Star Wars movie was released.

TeeEye7
04-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Check out Olivia Hussey's performance in the '60s movie version of Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet". Awsome.....and she was something like fifteen years old at the time.

2-1B
04-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Plus, Jesus of Nazareth has the role of Judas played by Ian McShane aka Albert Swearengen from Deadwood.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-09-2007, 09:00 AM
The credits also list Ian Holm, Bilbo from Lord of the Rings.

El Chuxter
04-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Plus, Jesus of Nazareth has the role of Judas played by Ian McShane aka Albert Swearengen from Deadwood.

Woah!

"All right, you dirt-worshipping Roman c***s*****s. I'm going to f***ing kiss the f***ing c***s***** and let you know which m*****f***** to f****** arrest, you f****** c***s******!"

jjreason
04-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Now THAT's what I call holy!!!

CaptainSolo1138
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
BilboCan you say that here?!:eek:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Can you say that here?!:eek:
How about if I reverse the i and the l and call him Blibo (pronounced Bleebo), along with his nephew Fordo. That makes it a Star Wars connection.