PDA

View Full Version : Shrek the Third

El Chuxter
04-10-2007, 01:24 PM
A little surprised there's no thread for this yet....

Thoughts on what's been seen so far?

It looks funny to me. Like the other two, not the second coming, as so many have made it to be, but a funny spoof on cartoons.

Sadly, Justin Timberlake will be in this. Weren't that no-talent dillweed's fifteen minutes up about an hour ago?

I think this enormous stupidity in casting could be balanced out by Ian McShane voicing Captain Hook, though. "I want you to find that g**d*** c***s***ing alligator that f***ing ate my m*****f***ing hand and f***ing rip the f***ing c***s***er's tonsils out. And then, Johnny, give the dirt-worshipping heathen m*****f***er amphibian to that c***s***** Woo to feed to his m*****f***ing pigs. Trixie, you c***, get your c***s***ing a** in here!"

Rocketboy
04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Shrek was awesome. Shrek 2 was the exact opposite of awesome. Hopefully the pendulum swings back to awesomeness.

General_Grievous
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I think this enormous stupidity in casting could be balanced out by Ian McShane voicing Captain Hook, though. "I want you to find that g**d*** c***s***ing alligator that f***ing ate my m*****f***ing hand and f***ing rip the f***ing c***s***er's tonsils out. And then, Johnny, give the dirt-worshipping heathen m*****f***er amphibian to that c***s***** Woo to feed to his m*****f***ing pigs. Trixie, you c***, get your c***s***ing a** in here!"

lol

Also to help balance out casting is John Krasinski (Jim from The Office) voicing Lancelot.

I loved Shrek and I liked Shrek 2, with emphasis on the word liked. I'll definitely check this out, but I'm nowhere near as excited for this as I am for Spidey 3 or Pirates 3.

Jargo
04-28-2007, 05:03 PM
the trailer made it look like a terd of a movie. it's followed where all terd sequels go. I'll watch it once and maybe get the DVD coz i like to have complete sets but I'm seriously not expecting much in the way of laughs. just a lot of tired jokes and rehashed ideas.

General_Grievous
05-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Just got back from seeing it. Of course, it wasn't as good as the first one. Heck, it wasn't even as good as the second one. But it was still a decent movie. I enjoyed it. It's better than a lot of other animated films out there. I thought it was better than recent animated movies like "Cars" and "Happy Feet", but it was still the weakest of the three Shrek movies. Even so, there was a lot of funny stuff in the movie. Donkey and Puss steal the movie, much like they did in Shrek 2. Gingerbread Man is also given some funny stuff to do, particularly a scene where his life flashes before his eyes. The nightmare sequence that Shrek had was pretty good, too. And just like the first two, there are subtle jokes that only adults will get. There were a few drug jokes thrown in there as well (but they weren't as good as the scene in Shrek 2 where some knights find a bag of catnip on Puss, with him claiming that it's not his). King Arthur was just kind of thrown in the mix, but when you're watching it, you're thinking "that's Justin Timberlake talking", it kind of takes the focus off of the character. I would have preferred it if John Krasinski (from "The Office", who voiced Lancelot in this movie) had provided the voice of Arthur. It probably would have made the movie a little better, but what are you gonna do? The subplot with Fiona and the princesses would have been better if more time was spent on it. It seemed like they barely even touched upon it. But one of the better points of the movie is that it's got a great soundtrack, including "Immigrant Song" and "Live and Let Die". So all in all, it's a decent movie, but if you only see one movie this summer, you'd probably be happier seeing "Spider-Man 3", "Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End", "Knocked Up" or "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", because Shrek's kind of lost his steam creatively. Of course, this movie's going to make some huge bank at the box office, but I can tell you this: If they go ahead with "Shrek 4", which they probably will, they should bring back the stuff that made us all love the first movie so much. Nuff said.

bobafrett
05-19-2007, 08:57 PM
My girlfriend is taking me to see it on my birthday, which is May 23rd. I will be 42, and I expect presents!

2-1B
05-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I saw this tonight.

It should have gone straight to video.

figrin bran
05-21-2007, 09:54 PM
King Arthur was just kind of thrown in the mix, but when you're watching it, you're thinking "that's Justin Timberlake talking", it kind of takes the focus off of the character.

i saw it over the weekend as well. gotta agree with you on that point and if you're like me, you kept hoping that he doesn't start bursting into song. thankfully he didn't.

bigbarada
05-21-2007, 11:25 PM
The scene at the beginning with the frog king on his death bed was probably the funniest point of the whole movie. Nothing else really lived up to that, however.

(I know that's a spoiler, but does anyone REALLY care about Shrek spoilers? :stupid: )

DarthQuack
05-21-2007, 11:38 PM
I liked it, and don't understand why a lot of people, not ppl on this board, but a lot of critics and ppl on other sites are just bashing it left and right, saying it doesn't live up to the others, OF COURSE it won't, not many sequels can...but give it a chance, $144 million dollars worth of people did.