PDA

View Full Version : WAVE 3: What you're getting

Old Fossil
04-10-2007, 01:29 PM
With Wave 2 starting to show up, what's your plans for TAC Wave 3? According to SSG's official list, it will include

Biggs Darklighter (Academy)
Darth Vader
Elis Herlot (Cantina Alien)
Jawa & LIN Droid
Luke Skywalker w/Moisture Vaporator
Stormtrooper (w/removable helmet)
McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca

I want 1 Biggs, 1 Elis Herlot, at least 1 Jawa, 3 Stormies, and 1 Chewbacca (to keep carded). No Luke... I don't want a vaporator that badly... and no Vader.

El Chuxter
04-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Luke looks like crap, and I don't need the vaporator that badly.

I'm tired of Vader. He's been overdone more than Tatooine Luke even dreamed of.

I have no desire for stupid, inaccurate Stormtroopers with Jango heads.

So one each of Elis, Biggs, Chewie, and definitely that b****in' Jawa for me.

joe-da
04-10-2007, 02:07 PM
1 Biggs, 1 Elis Hellrot, several Jawas since they don't have the "skylight" in their hoods (and I'll take the vest off half of them so they look different, & several Stormtroopers - not sure how many yet - probably 4 or 6.

Dark Marble
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I will be getting one of each of these. I have enough stormtroopers at this point that army building would be silly. But, everything here looks good. However, taking a look at the cantina patrons, it depends on what you can do with curved bar sections...

Ji'dai
04-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Definitely Biggs, Elis, Jawa, and Chewie. I'm tired of Vaders but I might get the Luke if the vaporator looks good in person.

sebillba
04-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I've pre-ordered the full wave (one of each) from R2DToys - they also list Miiyoom Onith as being included, so I hope that's right. I don't really want another Vader, but it will probably work out cheaper for me to buy the full set, than trying to track down the 6 or 7 I do want.

Tycho
04-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I'll play because I don't want a lot here, but I keep thinking these threads are like telling scalpers what to go and hoarde off the racks. That's why I said I was buying like 97 Luke Skywalkers and Han Solos in the last one. If JarJar was in the wave, or a new Lushros Dofine...:rolleyes:

Anyway:

1 Biggs Academy
3 Elris Helrots
1 Myoom Onith
1 Jawa / LIN Droid
1 Vader on Obi-Wan's robe (I'm a sucker. I admit it)
1-6 Concept Chewbaccas (possibly for use as a random alien). If he's good I'll go for more:

Mos Eisley
Mos Espa
Coruscant (maybe for several - up to 3 - scenes)

That's probably all the EU use I could get out of the figure. If he's not good for any of it, I won't buy any of him.

This might be one of those situations where I should order the case considering what I want from it and that I could easily get friends to take my extras.

jedi master sal
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Here's my wants for this wave.

X1 Biggs Darklighter (Academy) (might get 2 more for customs)
X1 Darth Vader (Damn you Hasbro...just getting this for the Obi-wan robe "base")
X1 Elis Herlot (Cantina Alien)
X3 Jawa & LIN Droid
X6 Luke Skywalker w/Moisture Vaporator (really just for the vaporators, I'll keep one of the Lukes, but will most likely donate the others to charity, unless someone here wants to buy one/some of the loose Lukes)
X1 Miiyoom Onith
X1 Stormtrooper (w/removable helmet) Yep, I'm not army building this one. I might get a few more for a partially off duty diorama. Not sure.
X2 McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca

LTBasker
04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
I think I'll grab at least two of each and I'll be going for extras of the Jawa Stormtrooper. I don't really care about the removeable helmet feature, I just want lots of Stormtroopers. :D

Darth Vader may be the only one I get a single of, the robe base is kind of cool but not cool enough to have feeling I need it. May just get his coin from somebody to plop in the album...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Probably one of each, but I may end up getting more of the Stormtroopers if they turn out well.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I'll get them all, with at least one extra Jawa and Stormtrooper. Perhaps an extra Chewbacca since I might keep a carded set of the McQuarrie figures.

Jargo
04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Jawa x2, Elis, M'iiyoom x2, Biggs, Vaporator x2.

possibly. if funds allow.

figrin bran
04-10-2007, 09:51 PM
i want everything except Luke and Vader. maybe i'll even get 97 Elis Helrots ;)

DarkArtist
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
With Wave 2 starting to show up, what's your plans for TAC Wave 3? According to SSG's official list, it will include

Biggs Darklighter (Academy)
Darth Vader
Elis Herlot (Cantina Alien)
Jawa & LIN Droid
Luke Skywalker w/Moisture Vaporator
Stormtrooper (w/removable helmet)
McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca

I want 1 Biggs, 1 Elis Herlot, at least 1 Jawa, 3 Stormies, and 1 Chewbacca (to keep carded). No Luke... I don't want a vaporator that badly... and no Vader.

I would like to get:

3 Biggs Darklighter, 1 Vader, 2 Luke, 3 Jawa, 3 Elis Herlot, 4 Stormtroopers, 2 Chewie's

General_Grievous
04-11-2007, 02:32 PM
The only ones I'm getting for sure are Biggs, Vader, Elis Helrot, Miyoom (if he's in this wave), and the Jawa with LIN Droid. I'm skipping the McQuarrie Chewie and the Stormtrooper. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick up Luke yet.

Snowtrooper
04-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I plan on buying the following:

Biggs Darklighter X2: One to keep on card.

Elis Helrot X1: I may get one more of these depending on if the curved section is a third or a half of the end.

M'iiyoom X1: See above

Jawa X?: I want multiples, just no sure how many yet.

Darth Vader X1:

Luke Skywalker X1: Maybe more if I can find some on clearance. To get the vaporator of course.

Stormtrooper X?: Plan on armybuilding this heavily unless something with the RH makes it look funny.

McQuarrie Chewbacca X2: One to keep carded.

TrooperCollector
04-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Just keeping the Troopers. I have Luke and Jawa extra from Brians Pre-Order.

bigbarada
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Assuming I find them in the store without much searching, I'll definitely get one each of:
The Cantina patrons
Jawa w/ LIN Droid
Biggs

Wait and see list is:
Luke - I want to get a good look at that vaporator and make sure I can find one without warped parts.

Vader - it looks like the Evolutions body without a removable helmet. If so, then I'll buy one and then I'm done with Vader figures forever. I love the Evolutions Vader body, but the helmet falls off too easily.

Stormtrooper - If the Tin Sets and Comic 2-Packs are any indication, that helmet is a little warped and it's tough to find one with a decent paint job. I'll wait to see these up close before buying any and even then, I'll probably only get two. I made the mistake of buying ten of the VOTC Stormtroopers, thinking it would be cool to have them all standing in formation and it was... for about a week. Now they just sit in a box back at my parents' house.

Concept Chewie - If I see one without the "googly-eyes" that the prototype seems to have, then I'll buy one to keep carded.

BoShek
04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
In order of what I want:

1. Biggs Darklighter (Academy) MUST HAVE!
2. Elis Herlot (Cantina Alien) MUST HAVE!
3. M'iiyoom MUST HAVE!
4. McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca
5. Jawa & LIN Droid

Maybe
6. Stormtrooper (w/removable helmet)
7. Luke Skywalker w/Moisture Vaporator
8. Darth Vader

TheRealDubya
04-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I signed up for the Brian's Toys "One of Each Figure deal" so I'll have them all this year; easier than running around looking for them with gas at $3.40 a gallon out here.

I'll probably ebay or trade the bar piece and moisture vaporator and the Vader though; PM me if you'd like to trade -- I'll be looking for coins from Wave 1 & 2.

Can't wait for Biggs and the Jawa -- they both rule.

JediTricks
04-20-2007, 07:52 PM
First off, I don't think Elis Helrot is actually in this wave, I think he's wave 4. See, he's not in our news post on it: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=700

I'll likely get 1 of each at least...

1x Biggs Academy - I have the X-wing one, the headsculpt is alright, and the figure is sorta iconic in a way. It'll go with my floppy-hat Luke.

1x Vader - DEFINITELY, I want that cloak.

1x Luke Moisture Vaporator - I don't love this figure's headsculpt, and I'm not an addict for that vaporator, so I'll be happy with 1.

1x (or 2 or 3) Imperial Stormtrooper - I ain't a fan of the helmet situation, but I do like the overall, and I would like a few more of this stormtrooper body.

1x (or possibly 2) Jawa w/ LIN droid - if the vest isn't really that tan, I'll get 2, but if it is, I'll stick with 1.

Luuuuuuke
04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
One of each except for the Luke, which I'll pass on. Maybe 2 of the stormtroopers.

JON9000
04-22-2007, 04:16 PM
1. Biggs Darklighter (Academy)
2. Elis Herlot (Cantina Alien)
3. M'iiyoom
4. Jawa & LIN Droid