PDA

View Full Version : CIV exclusive Lukedeak Skystarkillerwalker

Darth Cruel
04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
This character was introduced in the second writing of the Star Wars story (the movie we saw was the 5th writing). This version of the story was written in 1975. Does anybody know when McQuarrie did the art?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't know, but I can't wait to spend my entire stay at Celebration IV in line to get these damn things. Way to go, putting them in two completely separate places, I just love it when they make everything so simple. :rolleyes:

VidKidd
04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
all your guys story about previous celebrations scare me. im afriad of how bad the lines will be, even if the SWS is open 24 hours. :confused:

Darth Cruel
04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I will be perfectly content to wait for hours in the line. It is easy to pass the time if you get to know the people around you and do things like going to get lunch and have it in line. Bring a chair and a portable DVD player or game console. My own plan is to bring a laptop because there is more to do on them to pass the time. Maybe take a few friends and tag-team the line. Just let people know you are doing it when they get in line behind you so it doesn't look like you are letting someone jump the line. You could even put a sign up saying so, so that people can see it without you having to make an extra effort to let them know. If they complain, let them know to get together with some of the people around them to do the same.

Besides, the past few comic-Cons have indicated to me that Hasbro is getting a handle on the length of time required to stand in line to get an exclusive.

It is just better to plan the time as part of what is going on and don't look at it like it is an insurmountable obstacle that needs to be negotiated to get the figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Maybe take a few friends and tag-team the line.
The setup at CIII was so that the store's line was in the hallways for quite a while, and the tag-team approach worked well. However, once you actually got inside the "store," you were not allowed to leave and come back (though you could, if you really wanted, leave the line and wander the big empty warehouse, or get food from one of the carts they had in there). CI and CII weren't nearly as bad so I'm hoping that, since it's open 24 hours, the next one will be fine.

DarkArtist
04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I can remember standing in line for 2 hours to at C II to get 2 Jorg Sacul figure and my father standing in line for another hour to get 2 more of them